Speaker 1: Call from Nathan Hostable. Hello, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: What's up, Nathan?
Speaker 3: Not much?
Speaker 1: How you doing, man?
Speaker 2: I'm hanging in there. What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not much?
Speaker 1: Hey? There was something I wanted to call and talk to you about.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Please.
Speaker 1: So I have this weird addiction and it only happens with my friends for a while, but then it happens in real life where I say mon a lot, like I'll say hey mon or thanks mon, and I can't really get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Like like you do, like a Jamaican mon.
Speaker 1: I must be mon. I just don't see I did it again.
Speaker 2: What do you think is causing you to do this?
Speaker 1: Probably just like repetition. I don't know. I've done it so much that it is like literally ingrained in my mind.
Speaker 2: Now, how how long have you been saying mon? For?
Speaker 1: Probably like two or three years at this point.
Speaker 2: Has anyone ever told you to stop?
Speaker 1: Surprisingly?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Do you think I think where it really started to take its toll as we went. So we went to the seven eleven, right, and they have these candies that are now discontinued called mystery Monkeys, And we went into every seven eleven trying to find them. Referring to them as mystery monkeys, and the castiers got really confused. They were never mad about it, though, they were just confused.
Speaker 2: Has it ever come out in an an opportune moment, like a date or a job interview?
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 1: It has definitely in work a couple of times, and I kind of just play it off. I think we all just kind of play it off.
Speaker 2: But do you think it affects how people perceive you?
Speaker 1: It's it's starting to become my personality.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 2: Does that scare you?
Speaker 3: It does a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be known as the Mond guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: What would you rather be known as?
Speaker 1: I want I want to I want to be known as a historian specific specifically, uh, like a music historian. That's what I'm studying in college right now.
Speaker 2: So maybe the next time you think you're gonna say man, you could bring up an interesting music history fact instead.
Speaker 1: That's a really good idea.
Speaker 2: Actually, do you have any for us right now to try that?
Speaker 1: Did you know that when the Right of Spring premiered in the early nineteen hundreds there were riots?
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting man.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Well, hey, man, I appreciate the advice. I've got to get going to everyone else out there. Just don't even start saying mon it won't end.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 1: Thank you, gek.
Speaker 4: All from Hello, No fucking way.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not much? What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Your name is Tofer something like that. All right? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Just got off work and I've been trying to call you for a long time. I'm a little nervous smoking a lie.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Well that's exciting. Being nervous is exciting, you know. It means there's your body is telling you that, uh, something important is happening. I mean, I don't know if this is important.
Speaker 3: But I'm just excited to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to talk to you, Tafer. What's going on?
Speaker 3: I wonder if I smoke too much weed?
Speaker 2: I wonder that myself. Let's talk. What's how often you smoking weed?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 3: Like every couple hours?
Speaker 2: All right. You know what's funny is I always forget the weed is bad for you. I've talked about this a bunch of times, but I always forget what it is.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's shut up. It's shut up. Shut up is not it's not good, it's not. I don't care what Reddit says, and I listen. I listen. I smoke weed every single day. I will not say that it's good for.
Speaker 3: You, Okay, I don't. Maybe it's not good for like your organs, but I truly believe that it helps me mentally, okay, and help me. And it helps me. So I got really bad ADHD and I can't like think or like get a get like a solid thought out or like I'll stutter. But then I get high, and then I can think about one thing at a time and I can have like a solid conversation and it probably wouldn't het me to get high right now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you not high? Right now? Already? You said you smoke every few hours.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but it's been probably like an hour and a half or an hour, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I'm not I'm not a I'm not a doctor. I don't h I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, you know I know that you you know this is one I knew you were going to say this.
Speaker 2: What that I'm not a doctor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you might say this.
Speaker 2: Tell me tell me, yeah, yeah, do you Okay, So tell me? You thought I was going to say, what were you going to say in response to what you thought I was going to say?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Fuck, I don't think that went that far. Yeah, no, I definitely didn't go that far.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't. I didn't think I had that you were going to say that, But when you said it, I was like, oh, yeah, definitely something you would say.
Speaker 2: Well, what I mean? Do you do you feel as though weed is negatively impacting your life?
Speaker 3: It's negatively impacting my bank account?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How often much money is beating on weed?
Speaker 3: Like rent? Like eightsand bucks a month. That used to me, what stay do you in? What's stay in Washington State?
Speaker 2: All right? Is it legal there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We got good stuff here. It's like the one of the first dates to become legal.
Speaker 2: How much we do smoking to day?
Speaker 3: Well? I smoked dabs because I've smoked like every day for like seven years, and so that we stopp affecting me after a few years or like, man, it affects me, but it doesn't get me like just high as I want to be. So I smoked dabs. I have a puff co Have you ever heard of a puff co peak?
Speaker 2: A puff coo peak?
Speaker 3: Dude, if you do you have a dab or do you only smoke reed?
Speaker 2: I mean I smoke like the pins. I haven't. I haven't done the whole dab with the nail and the torch thing in a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But the puff Coo is like a portable vaporizer and it's got like a battery in there and you just go a little bull you put the dabs in there and then you it just stays in the cup holder of my car and it just gets used like obsessively.
Speaker 2: Well all right, I mean, so how old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm twenty two?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you what do you do in life?
Speaker 3: Right now? I paint houses and it sucks. I hate my job.
Speaker 2: What do you what would you rather be doing?
Speaker 3: That's the thing. I don't really have, like too much passions like I honestly, I'm pretty passionate about weed, but it's hard to get into the profession. I also really like money because I have to travel and I can't really travel without money, and I can't make money working with weeds.
Speaker 2: Where do you Where would you like to go?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Next on my list is like Japan and Africa. I want to go to those two places. I've been to like almost twenty countries. Cool, but you've got to be careful. Bringing weed to the countries, okay, gets you in trouble.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like bring weed into Japan.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I want to say I want to say Paul McCartney did that. I want to say, Paul McCartney did that and it didn't work out, didn't get in trouble. Paul McCartney. Yeah, he got caught, I think so, But he's you know, he's Paul McCartney's so nothing bad can ever happen to him.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what they said about Brittany Griner.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is. Well, oh, that's the fucking that way. That's the lady who got arrested in Russia for the weed pen right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think about her all the time. I think about her all the time, actually, because I'm always bringing a weed pen places.
Speaker 3: But I actually got arrested for international drug smuggling.
Speaker 2: Where did you smuggle drugs?
Speaker 3: So I didn't, I didn't. I got arrested for it, but I didn't actually do it.
Speaker 2: Why tell me that story?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was living in Norway at the time and I made a bad decision. I was on like some substances, and I couldn't afford to pay for them, and so the guy who provided them said, Okay, you don't got to pay if I can order like another package to your name, you know, on the on the dark side of the internet. I didn't tell anybody about this for like four years, but I think I'm safe now. I thought they tapped my phone for like a year. I didn't talked about it, but okay, anyways, Uh where was I was that idho's talking out? Oh yeah, But then the package came and uh it was like three weeks later and he was like and then the package came, but it got complicated at the border because uh the dogs or something. And then I was just like chilling up the school and the police came and got me and they said, hey, man, you have a warrant to search your phone and your room and like all of your belongings that you have in the country. Well fuck but and so they took me away in the handcuffs and they interrogated me. They were like yelling at me in Norwegient for like four hours, like we know you did it, like like just tell us or like and I was like, I didn't do I didn't do it. Okay, well tell us who did it and then we'll like take down your sentence. So I don't know, but then there's no proof. So I didn't get arrested or so I didn't go to jail. But it was like one of the scariest, pretty scary.
Speaker 2: What were you doing living in Norway?
Speaker 3: Let's go to school there?
Speaker 2: Okay after high school.
Speaker 3: I moved there for like a few months to because I didn't just for fun.
Speaker 2: All right, So you're a you're a traveling man.
Speaker 3: I try to be. I haven't gone in like a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you're just now. Now you live in Washington and you're painting houses and you hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's where I've always lived. This is like the home base. But I'll move.
Speaker 2: I like, I'll you have Do you have any money?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Not a lot?
Speaker 3: But after I finished finishing this house, though, I'll get paid. I got like, I'll just check coming after I finished this house.
Speaker 2: Because you don't need, dude, you don't need like I don't know how much research you've done, but you don't need like a lot of money to travel you need I think the biggest your biggest expense is going to be like the plane to get there. But if you go to like you know, Asia or somewhere like uh, really cheap, you can get around for not that much money. And there's also all these like little programs and whatnot where you can like go work at a hospital or work on a teach people English or all these all these things like I don't know, I'm thinking because like if I if I were you and I just had like no, I mean, I guess I can also do whatever I want, But like what, I don't know that you could? Why why not? Why would you stay in Washington panting houses when you could feasibly cobble something together that gets you out on the on the road traveling. You know you have you tried to do anything like that? I do it. Yeah, tell me the honest truth.
Speaker 3: And this is why people think I smoke too much weed, okay, because I wouldn't go because there's like I would have to go to a country where's legal, Like I couldn't go without weed. In the last seven years, I didn't smoke for like forty hours, and for those whole forty hours, I couldn't eat or sleep or like I was feeling crazy, like I'm pretty dependent on that, on that stuff, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure in like Thailand, I'm I'm so dumb, And that's true.
Speaker 3: I've been. I've been to Thailand and they have a pretty decent weed there.
Speaker 2: Actually go to Thailand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what am I gonna do there? How am I gonna make money?
Speaker 2: I don't know? If teach English? I don't know. What the fuck are you gonna do anywhere? What do you what? I'm what are what? What are we gonna do with our lives at all? Anyway? What are we gonna do? I have no What are you supposed to do? God damn it, I'm freaking out with you, my friend. What what are we supposed to do with our lives? I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to do. I think life is pretty pointless. But that's why I like traveling, because it's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: And it is kind of fun. Have you ever spoken to a real therapist about all this weed thing, all this weed stuff?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's the real problem, because like, I smoked weed and I actually am pretty I'm like the most productive stoner you've ever met. Like high functioning, like I get my ship done. You know it's not I I don't smoke, but I don't get my ship done. Like I'll wake up at four am and take a dab and then go to work and like work the whole day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you? Are you? But you're unhappy with this, with this job and with this life that you're living. Is that accurate to all kind of sucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Like I don't enjoy the work, but it pays me good money.
Speaker 2: Okay. I mean I'm trying to think what you could change, you know, if you want to travel? Do you have a girlfriend? Do you have like something that's else that's weighing you to live in Washington?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I do have a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Most most the answer to whether or not you have a girlfriend is usually yes or no and not Yeah, I guess I do.
Speaker 3: I mean she's pretty fresh, like a month, so it's like not too held down yet, you know, all.
Speaker 2: Right, are you happy with your relationship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's cool. But that's stuck. Man, that's fucked up too. I don't know how much time you have this A little that's sucked up too.
Speaker 2: Now what what do you mean it's fucked up?
Speaker 3: Well, like, Okay, she's super cool and like she's actually dope. But I didn't know, like my best friend, I didn't know before I started dating her. My best friend took her virginity, and that like fucks with my brain. Dude, I don't know if I can like stay with like. I don't know if I could, like like theoretically like you date to Mary, right, I don't know if I can. Like the sentence, my best friend took my wife's virginity, like that does not sit. That is not a very good sentence.
Speaker 2: How did you meet this person.
Speaker 3: Just like through mutual friends?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you like her?
Speaker 3: I do? She's actually super cool. It's that's why. That's why it's sucked with me. That's if I didn't actually like her, I would have just like dropped it already.
Speaker 2: I just look, I get that, like whatever, I get that. Dudes have hang ups about things like that. But on a look, on a personal level, it to me, like, if you like this girl a look on a person level, to me, if you like this girl, then who gives a fuck who she's had sex with? Before? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like I don't know because that's like my best friend too, and like I'm just I'll be uncomfortable. It's like because I want my girlfriend and my friend to be able to hang out and like I want to like and I trust them. Yeah, but like I definitely feel some type of way if they're hanging out on their own, you know, not on their own, but like I don't know, even if like they're just talking, like it makes me feel weird, but I need my girlfriend and my friend to be friends, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, I feel like, look, this is I mean, this is a whole separate conversation and maybe that's why you didn't want to bring it up. But to me, it's like you you have to build up some sense of security of like I trust my girlfriend and I trust my friend to uh you know, I I love my girlfriend. I trust her not to cheat on me, right, And if you're just constantly insecure about whether I'm just gonna cheat on you, that's that's that's a problem.
Speaker 3: No, that's the thing I do. Like I don't think she would, but it don't makes me feel weird, like I do trust her though, mm hmmm. I think it's just like the male like a that like what it's it called like psychology just doesn't like it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, this is this is dude.
Speaker 3: This one stumped me too.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, talking to you. You know, I've I've been I've been enjoying talking to you because you as I talk to you and I think about your life and your problems, I kind of get out of my own, you know. And I'm like I was saying, but I'm like, I don't know. I don't know, dude, I don't know what to tell you. I really don't mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like is it a deal breaker?
Speaker 2: What the you're what? Your girlfriend had sex with your friend before you guys were dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like you took her virginity, which makes it.
Speaker 2: Like why here's the why?
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Everyone's I get that guys have hang ups about things, but I and but to me, it's like, dude, if this shouldn't be more complicated than you two like each other and make each other happy, so you're together, you know, why, why are you over complicating this with the fact that she lost her virginity to your friend? How long ago even was that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like four or five years, like it was a while ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then what's the I don't get while you're hung up on it.
Speaker 3: I'm an overstiger man. My brain's always moving like a million miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Is it the weed? What is it the weed?
Speaker 3: No, the weed calms it down. It's the eighth I think my brain go crazy.
Speaker 2: But you should see a real therapist at some point. I have you ever thought about doing that?
Speaker 3: No, people have, like my mom's always told me too, like my like people have told me to before family. I don't know about that one. I don't really like the thought of paying somebody to talk to me. I also feel like I can probably figure it out on my own eventually.
Speaker 2: Well, what are you going to do? Man?
Speaker 3: Might take a little longer. What am I gonna do?
Speaker 4: With the Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 2: What do you I do?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? We've we've talked about a lot of stuff. We've talked about your relationship, We've talked about your desire to travel, We've talked about weed, We've talked about your job. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm probably gonna go smoke weed?
Speaker 2: Why? For some reason I thought that you would say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what else to do.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you wanted to And I'm not even saying this like to end this conversation, but is there any other aspect or anything at all that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 3: Damn? I mean probably, but I'm not gonna think of it right now. My brain's like, I'm gonna get off the phone. I'm gonna be like, damn, what should happen this? But no, it's okay, I guess my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, try not to try it to hold yourself back with like random bullshit. If something's between you and being happy and calm, at least make sure it's like a worth worth being a barrier between you and that and not just like a bullshit thing. Is that is that? Is that makes sense? Is that a fair thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I mean yeah, that's fair. I overthink a lot and like make up things that get in the way that probably shouldn't even be there.
Speaker 2: The b too, man, And I'm sure a lot of people listening to this do as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: On that note, I hope you get You're gonna ask me if I have anything else to say.
Speaker 2: To the people the computer, Yeah, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 3: I hope that everybody doesn't overthink too much and gets a little extra high today.
Speaker 2: Have a good rest of your entire life, my friends.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Go have a good night.
Speaker 2: Hi. How are you?
Speaker 6: Hi? I'm good.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing okay? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: At this moment?
Speaker 6: I am feeding my son of little apples that I baked them in the oven with butter and cinnamon and yeah, and they're all soft and me like, some how are you?
Speaker 2: That sounds very delicious? I'm okay. I'm actually I'm feeling better today than I have been. So that's good.
Speaker 6: That's good. What's different about today?
Speaker 2: It is I you know, I am well. I left my fucking room to go be in places that are not my room. I did some pushups. I meditated for like a second, feeling good, working on myself.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 6: Meditating is great once you really start to get into it, for I think just relaxing and your mental kind of focus.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what is your name? My name is Sophia, So Sophia U. What's up with you? Man? Is there anything in particular you called in to want to talk? About Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: I hope no one I know watches a stream, but my fiance and I we a while ago.
Speaker 4: Uh we.
Speaker 6: Gosh, this is weird to talk about. We made the decision to obviously have a baby. But the thing about that is we told my parents that that he was an accident and I had at the time, I had an iu D and everything. I don't know if you know when that form of birth control what that really is? Do you know what an idea? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sick and uh, the.
Speaker 6: Copper IUD is like ninety nine percent effective. And we had said that I was at once for sense that actually did get pregnant off of the non hormonal ID and my son is not six months and they think that he is a miracle from God.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know when or if we are ever going to tell my parents or how we would go about that. But yeah, so we've been just kind of living off of this lie for a while. And like the thing about that is, we told my parents in like November that I was pregnant, and I didn't actually get pregnant until January. And I don't know like if they know they ever like did the math in their head and like just didn't care, or if they just never thought twice about it. And I had him in August.
Speaker 2: So so you convinced your parents that you're like the virgin Mary and that you're a child that like your child is a gift from God or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we just say that, but that's how they took it.
Speaker 2: Here's what I don't understand.
Speaker 6: So the funny thing is we do actually know people that have gotten pregnant off of the IUD, so it's not something that's like completely crazy, but because it has happened, so we just kind of took that and used it as your own.
Speaker 2: Really is the IUD only Is it like hand sanitizer where it's only ninety nine point nine percent effective?
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially if it's non hormonal. If it moves it, you're very likely to get pregnant, so yeah, versus a hormonal one, which is even more effective. But I just had long storce or I've had a bad reaction to hormonal brick controls, and so I stopt with the non hormonal IUD.
Speaker 2: So okay, So I don't understand. Why did you tell them that it was an accident. What was the point of that?
Speaker 6: Because so I am a twenty one years old. I'm pretty young, and so was my fiance. And I found my fiance is even younger than I am, and he so I got pregnant when I was twenty he got and he you know, became a going soon to be father at nineteen. And my parents, so.
Speaker 2: They are very like.
Speaker 6: They wanted me to live my life the way they wanted me to live my life, you know what I mean. And when I was in college, I'm currently going to a SEC, but I was going to a university originally because they just really really wanted me to go to university. I don't think they even really knew what that meant. They just were like college, college, college, college, you need to go to college here when they're not not going to go to college. And they paid for it, which is of course very kind of them and generous to be wanting a good future for me. But I didn't even know what I wanted to do at a university. And I've been with my now fiance for going on three years, and we wanted to move in like my freshman year in college and or like at least the next year. We were talking about it when I was a freshman and I had told my mom and she just slipped the fuck out and she was like, absolutely not, You're not doing this. And I think I was twenty nineteen twenty at the time, and yeah, so that's kind of like a small thing that had that had happened. And because I also knew that they would never they would never approve of me wanting a child so young, and so this is the only other way to go about it. And it's kind of we're kind of glad that we told them early on, even lying about it, because they ended up having we had several fights with them about the way I wanted to raise my child and because they thought that the way I wanted to raise them was incorrect.
Speaker 2: So so so what I'm I guess what I'm kind of curious about is, uh so you told them that your child was an accident because you felt like that would uh like take the blame off of you for deciding to have a kid, Yeah, a little bit, and that and that the idea so so so in your mind, So in your mind, the idea for your parents that you kind of just messed up and got pregnant and are following through with it is is an easier pill for them to swallow than me and my fiance decided to have a kid so young.
Speaker 6: Yeah and yeah, yeah, and we didn't even tell them that we were, you know, even engaged at that time. My mom and dad were like, uh, they were like, oh, like, do you guys mean to get married because we were talking about getting eloped and so they even tried to throw a whole wedding for us, and we were going to we were planning on getting married in Hawaii and all this stuff when I was about five months pregnant. But the thing about this anyways, that's kind of at.
Speaker 2: The point, Okay, well let me ask you this. I mean, how are you How are you doing with the kid?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: How old is the kid?
Speaker 6: He's about he's going to be seven months. He's doing phenomenal as well. We my fiance supports is really well, we're all very happy and healthy.
Speaker 2: So you're you're happy with your decision?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: We kind of kind of like a think to ourselves and every now and they'm like, damn, we maybe we should have waited. But we always see the other side, like we would rather be young parents that way when our child is even like five.
Speaker 3: Six years old.
Speaker 6: My mom and dad were old, or when they had me, they were my mom was over thirty, my dad was forty uh so, And I just remember when I was young, like my mom my dad had a bad back, and you know what I mean, And you're going to go on the roller coasters with me, You're like, my mom was just you know, not wanting to do some of the things that I wanted to do when I was a kid, like running around with doing this or this is and that kind of thing. So, okay, that decision of doing raising a child early and then when we're like forty, he's going to be twenty and we'll be able to do our own thing as well, have the rest of our lives to do things that we want to do. And we felt secure up to have a child.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well that's good that you're happy with your decision. So I mean, look like, I mean, are you are you having like stress over the fact that your mom doesn't know that you you made the decision to have the baby.
Speaker 6: I guess I kind of have some guilts sometimes about lying to her, But I don't know how she would have taken it if I had purposely, if I had told her I purposely had a had a child, rather than oh yeah, I remember the thing I was gonna say. She almost sees it as like a noble thing because like, because he seems like an accident. I it's looks it looks noble because like, Okay, I'm taking this and I'm I'm having a child now and I'm taking the responsibility, rather than.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but she's after I told her that I am deciding on keeping the child my son, now that she would her and my father would always be like, oh, like, we're so proud of you for taking this on and making this decision, and uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm. Well the reason why I asked if it makes you feel a stressed, it's like, I mean, do you think it would make you feel better to just tell them the truth?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I think, sorry, my banging his feet against his little share, but it's sorry.
Speaker 2: I could you repeat the question, Do you would it make you feel better to tell them the truth?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I think, uh, it would take stress off my mental in the long run, but right now, it's nice having a decent relationship with my parents. I feel like that would really put a it would fracture our relationship really, because I've when I was younger, I was like so complacent with my parents and it would just do really whatever they told me. And when I got a little bit older to you know, having a mind of my own, and I think this would really kind of set them over the edge.
Speaker 2: And sorry, what is he so pissed off about. I don't understand why babies are. They got a great life. I don't know what they're upset about. Yeah, you made him apples.
Speaker 6: He's actually so happy about the apples that he's saying the feet against the chair.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, okay, so okay, So so you the question of whether or not to tell them the truth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Uh now, I don't think so, because they are just so happy that he's here that yeah, they take every opportunity to see him and there's no really stress on any of us. But I don't know if that's like just if it's a moral thing to really live out the rest of their lives with this lie that their grandson with a miracle, that he made it.
Speaker 3: Through the I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I guess in my look, I guess in my head, like to declare yourself mature enough at twenty one to have a kid, it's like a big thing to do. It's a confident thing to do. I'm glad. I look, I'm glad it worked out for you. From how it sounds, I'm happy about that. And so if you have the confidence at that age to decide you want to have a kid, you know, I look, I'm not I don't want to tell you what to do, but I would think you would have a similar confidence to just to live your life how you want to live it with, you know, truthfully and not be so you know, scared of what your parents might think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: But again, you know, it doesn't sound like you're being eaten alive every night by the fact that your parents think your kid was an accident. But so then you know, again, the decisions up to you doesn't sound like a very dire thing, right.
Speaker 6: I guess it's just a story I kind of want to talk about too.
Speaker 2: It's very well, it's very interesting because it's just a subtle like I even through talking about it, I still don't fully understand.
Speaker 6: Well, you have questions all answer or I can still in any blanks I that I missed that you feel like I missed?
Speaker 2: What is your name again, Sophia, Sophia, Well, Sophilis. I'm glad that. I'm glad that your decision sounds like it it worked out for you, and I hope you continue to live live happy life.
Speaker 6: Thanks gex Is there.
Speaker 2: Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: I guess if I don't know if you're gonna end up playing this on the podcast or not, but if you do, Hello, Jason, that's nice to be honest and well for every Hey, Thanks Ben, take care of YouTube.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads, but if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads.
Speaker 4: All from Markeith.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, what's up?
Speaker 4: I have a story for you of past life. I am living a whole different life now and I have kind of repressed this whole thing.
Speaker 6: But are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay. So me and my girlfriend I was nineteen and she was eighteen, we became escorts. Well I was an escort and she was one two.
Speaker 3: And what we.
Speaker 4: Did was we just used we use like these websites that I shouldn't name because of dangerous condemnation. I suppose I don't want to condone my actions because I had a friend try to do what I did and they got robbed at gunpoint. But basically what I used to do when I was eighteen and nineteen was I used to just use these websites where you go on sugar day dates and stuff things of that nature. And I would like go out with guys because like it's it's mostly mentain for this kind of shit, it's not really women. And so I was doing that and when I had met my girlfriend, she was doing it as well, and that was kind of what our initial conversations were about actually was just like, oh wow, we used the same websites who do the same things, you know, all these things, and so we like we bonded through that in a way, because you know, I when I met her, it was mostly just about you know, forming a friendship and forming someone like forming a relationship eventually as well in the future. But then it was like, oh shit, like we did the same thing. This is crazy, and so we bought the bond through that, and we just went out into the world going on going on dates and I don't even know where to start, but we basically, I mean, we've seen it all, both of us, and it was quite weird. And because it's a really weird world. And did you have any questions?
Speaker 6: I could answer for you.
Speaker 2: M So, how old are you now?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty six. I just turned twenty six in hockey.
Speaker 2: How long were you doing this for?
Speaker 4: I was doing this from eighteen to about twenty, partially when I was twenty one, but I stopped. I took a break. The reason why I stopped doing it in general, and this is the crazy part too, is like when I was young, I didn't really have much prospect of like an idea of what I could do, and it was like, well, I'm cute, so like let me go out there and like go on dates with men and stuff and things of that nature. Because I'm also like and I was tan sexual and so like it was yeah, fuck it, let's go do this ship And it was never anything you can use like explicit language on here still.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So it was never anything sexual, like I like, there were times like I would see guys and like it would lead to a sexual encounter, but for the most part, it was just like dinner with guys in La La, and like I was in mostly La Towns, La Region areas, and then sometimes I would go to like the Bay Area and such. And there was a time when me and my girlfriend were living in New York and she was seeing guys and like Lower Manhattan and I would I would literally because at that point it was like she was making way more than I was doing it, and I was like, well, why don't you do it? And then I can watch you? And so I would literally dress as homeless as possible and just like sit outside restaurants and just like watch her. And it was it was really interesting because I'm not really a jealous pipe and I'm not really like a person who like and I trust her in general too, And it was just so interesting because when you go on these dates, you're conforming to an audience. You know, you're not the person that you portray yourself as. You know, you're a whole different person. You're just whatever they want you to be, you know, because they just want someone to talk to and someone to tell about their life story, and someone to go places with who like looks cute and dresses the part so that they can feel elevated because most of the people are really lonely, and it's about the fact that like they're trying to purchase companionships. That was mostly it for both of us. I mean, like there were times when like I did like some guys, and I think she liked some guys she saw too. In the past. We both stopped doing it because it just became a and I want to stress this to anyone who's doing that in general, like there is a way out. We stopped doing it because it became the situation where we just felt like it was really affecting our sense of pride and sense of self worth because that's the thing, like you're just whatever they want you to be. And that same thing went for like our adult contents and stuff too. We had an only fans and we had a foreignub accounts.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you and this girl still together? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been six years now and it's been amazing. And I love her and I love her family, and I am so happy. We have a house together, and we have two cats, and we also have two geese and two turkeys and it's really great. And she's going to school for uh, she's in the tech field. She's going to school for tech stuff. And I have a really cushy, boring job. And we honestly we talked about it sometimes, but we kept it very secret from our family. So I always get scared when I talk about it with people because it was something that like I kind of repressed, mostly because it just like it wouldn't really resonate with my family or her family.
Speaker 2: Do you do you ever miss doing it?
Speaker 4: You know what the issue is with that actually is that I do. I think I missed doing both of those. The money was really easy and it was really convenient, and the money was like really great. It was very seasonal you know your best times to do it. The best times, in my opinion, were like the winter time.
Speaker 2: In the winter, right, that's whenever one yeah, everyone cuffing season yes.
Speaker 4: And then everyone there's like no one with anybody. So I do miss it because it was like honestly, and and it kind of burnt me out in the way too, Like it was the only time when like I was around exuberant consumerism, you know, like we got gifts. My girlfriend used to get like really sense of perfumes and stuff and like bags, and like guys would take both of us like individually on our own dates, like we do it to like really fancy restaurants, and like we as a couple, we'd never really gone to fancy restaurants. But also like none of that really mattered to me, Like I didn't care about the bags or the restaurants and things of that nature because it wasn't really It was nice, but it wasn't really real, and I I feel like it part of it kind of killed my whole desire to like do bougie things. Like now I live in like a really basic house and I live a really like guy financially conservative lifestyle because I just kind of realized from all those things that it's just not really worth it. You know.
Speaker 2: Did anyone ever take both you and your girlfriend out on dates at the same time.
Speaker 4: No, no, but my girlfriend did go on a date with her friend one time because her friend was like, I want to do this, but she was like, I don't want to do salon. So my girlfriend was like, well, we can go in a double date with some guy. And it was absolutely horrible. And I've heard of your doing that kind of thing well, because like the more people it is because like no one wants to Okay, typically speaking, mostly people are paying about like four to five hundred dollars per person, like for the dates for like an hour a date. Now you're trying to sell somebody on paying that for two people on a date, and the only people who are going to want that are going to want something afterwards, you know. So like the guy they want in the date with was just like egregious, like you know, over sexualizing them and like you know, just like creeping the fuck out, And so once they got the money, they ran off because it was just.
Speaker 2: Like a I don't you know, I guess that's one of the things I don't I don't really understand about like the the seeking arrangement thing is like these people, these people are mainly paying for like Protonic, Like it's they're playing for, like they're paying for like Platonic uh companionship, right, mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: And in some ways it's kind of like written off with that as that in some ways, but what they really wanted to prostitute. Like that's why I never really used Seeking Arrangements because it's one of those websites that I feel like is you know, like it's like this conversational game of like finding people who just want to hang out, you know, because a lot of them, like a lot of people want Seeking arrangements just want to prostitute. They just want someone to pay whatever amount of.
Speaker 2: Money yeah, and have, which is bizarre because it's like, if that's what you want, why don't you just hire a prostitute exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: But they want someone more innocent, they want someone, you know, because like.
Speaker 3: Prostitutes these prosecution websites.
Speaker 4: And then people who you thinking arrangements are like college kids and things of that nature, younger people who like don't really know about that world, that scary world of prosecution and things of that nature, so it attracts a different audience of like providers, you know, and they know where to go to find what they want, which is kind of the cur your part too, because like once I got older, it became you know, a bit different because it's like, you know, like they don't want they don't want someone who has their shit together. They don't want they don't want someone who knows what they want in life. They want a lot of these guys, which it's I mean, like you know, it's mostly guys. They just want someone who they can use, who they can manipulate, and you know, all those things, and it's just really yeah, it's really quite sad.
Speaker 2: Do did you ever go on any any dates with any sugar mamas? No?
Speaker 4: And I remember there was this one time that there was this one girl who did want to do that. But you know, like the people, the sugar mamas who were on there, they want sex because they know that they have a specific niche that they feel, which is the fact that like men who would typically do this with women are typically women to has sex with them. Maybe I don't know, maybe I'm making a rash analysis, but I've seen a few of them. But they want sex. They know what they want, and like they usually like from what I remember getting the most like grimy, just scary messages. And then also it's just like whenever I would see them, it just came off as like this like cover for sex trafficking, you know, like some like some Glad Maxwell type shit. It just kind of scared me a little bit. Or they want to like has sex with you in front of their husband or just weird shit like that. It's just it, it's too dangerous in my opinion, whenever I see a woman on.
Speaker 2: There, fascinating hmm. And now you're you're working at a desk job, what do you have any of the money saved up? Still are you? Are you doing any.
Speaker 4: We were so horribly irresponsible with that money. I mean we still have some of the items we bought for sure.
Speaker 2: What's the most expensive thing that you that you kept?
Speaker 4: Okay? Fuck, well that's okay. So I there was this one guy my girlfriend saw and we got well, you're you're an LA person. You know led Labo, right, I know what the perfumery And okay, so the Labo is this perfumery and they're based out of New York they have some places in La It's like a really like really bliegy perfumery.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know a whole lot about the local perfumeries around here.
Speaker 4: I see, Well, the big bottles are like three hundred dollars, I think. I think the guy, one of the guys, had connections and got it's five bottles, and I gave him to various friends, and I told my friends because they didn't know what was going on. I was like, yeah, I have this friend who works for let Lavo and he got in perfumes. So each one of those was like three seventy five, I think, like the big bottle, and I just gave those to various friends. And I still have one of the bottles because it's like a really big perfume. And then design her handbags and such too, like I got this, I got this Chanel bag and a few other things, and then things of that nature, just miscellaneous designer items or like sunglasses too, designer sunglasses, mostly things of that nature. Why my girlfriend got me a pair of Gucci sunglasses, but she framed it as like she wanted them, so she asked, because like the guy was like, send me your Amazon wishless and then she sent him some like a wishless item for like a bunch of the designer sunglasses, and then she was able to get me that. And that's kind of the game we used to play. Sometimes we'd be like, oh, oh, this guy gets kind of switchless.
Speaker 1: What do you want? What do you want?
Speaker 4: You know type situation, and then we talk about it together and see, okay, well we should you get this and this, and that was really fun.
Speaker 2: But when you when you become an old old man, you know, huh do you do?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: If you and if you're lonely and maybe you maybe your girlfriend's not around anymore, what would you do? Would you ever pay somebody to go on a date with you? Or would you join like an elderly tennis club.
Speaker 3: I think I would.
Speaker 4: I've and i've because I know internally I have a kink like I love older people, and so I think that it'd be like, well, I'm old, so now I can really get.
Speaker 3: The older people.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, you know, I think about that and it's just like it's different when you're I was talking to my grandma about this because we're talking about, you know, like what it's like like like like like like what sex and things that nature.
Speaker 3: Is like as you get older and older.
Speaker 4: And she was just like, well, once you get past your sixties, last seventies, it's just it's not the same, you know, and it's like you appreciate like slower things and things of that nature. Who were you talking about with my grandmother?
Speaker 5: And she was talking to.
Speaker 2: Grandma about sex?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, we're talking about how as you get older you lose that ability. She was kind of drunk, so she was just having this really open conversation, but she was talking about like how like when you get older, your your your ability to do such things is different, so like you know, you just hang out with people or like you just sit around and stuff. And and I I really can't tell what my future holds, but I know that a lot of the older guys just wanted to like breathe in youth. You know, it's something that they're not used to being around anymore because they're older and most people around them are older.
Speaker 2: So is that what they can't have is your is your grandfather a lot around?
Speaker 4: No, My both of my grandfathers on my both of my parents' side are like deadbeats.
Speaker 2: Is your grandma having a lot of sex.
Speaker 4: I don't know. She's she's always been. She she has like eight husbands I think, and like each husband has like a different kid with her, So she has like eight kids, each one or different husband. So so she's a pretty wild character.
Speaker 2: Well its look, it sounds, it sounds. It sounds like she was just bluffing when she's talking about how you can't do that much at that age. If she has eight different kids with eight different husbands.
Speaker 4: It's possible.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She's a very secretive person, and I think it's just you know, different era. She's like from the forties. Yeah, she's worn like nineteen thirty eight, so like, you know, she's from a whole different level of like conservatism.
Speaker 2: And like she's not fool things.
Speaker 4: She's cool as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's cool.
Speaker 4: She loves talking shit about people. I come up her house sometimes and she'll just talk shit about anybody in my life, and it's just like, Wow, do you just whenever I'm gone, do you just talk about me too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably, Like yeah, that's what your mothers do. They talk shit about their kids and their grandkids and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that's okay though. I don't think it matters, not like ill will. What's your name again?
Speaker 4: My name is Dante.
Speaker 2: Dante. Hmmm. Yeah, Well it's weird, like if you have if you like older people, if that's kind of your thing, it's like, what are you going to do when you get old, man then, because like if you're eighty, the best you can do is like, you know, a ninety year old maybe maybe I don't know, I mean fairly limited as men, it's a.
Speaker 4: Bit different the privileges that like, because like the thing is is like I mean, it's it's commonly talked about, like the dating pool for men kind of gets larger and larger as you get older, whereas dating fool for women get small and smaller as they get older, just due to like gender issues and like the dichotomy of sexualization of different genders and things of that nature. But yeah, because I've seen like a fair share of older people who are fucking drippy as hell. Like it's funny, like old men who are out there on the world who are just like cool as hell, and people are just like, wow, I want to be like him when I get old, you know, And.
Speaker 2: Well, Dantel, is there any other like aspect of this or anything that you want to share before we go. Let me ask the chat if they have any questions, chat anything you want to ask to Dante before we go. Nervous Squirrel says that your grandma sounds like a baddie.
Speaker 4: She is, She's pretty cool. I don't know if I can talk about my grandma's looks. That sounds pretty scary.
Speaker 2: Jamin Baker wants to know if you like doctor Pepper.
Speaker 4: I don't really like soda. Actually I drink a lot of wine though. But there was something I did want to say, and that is that if you get into this lifestyle, I see so many people who just get shipped on for doing only fans and things of that nature, or doing adult content, and it seems as though a lot of people feel like if you do that, there's no way out. And I truly think that there is a way out, because as time goes on, there's so much saturation of adult content creators, and I guess it varies on, like, you know, how popularly you become. We had a you know, relatively sizable fan base with our content creation, but you know, once we were done with it, we deleted everything, and you know, there was a little like period of time when like people would like the me and my personal Instagram everything it's that nature and be like, oh what happened. What happened and that kind of scared me. Feels like, oh shit, they know what's going on. But there is a future outside of that if that's what you want in life, and do not put yourself in a box and feel like you can't do other things in your life because you did, you.
Speaker 2: Know, having thing. Emily Bayze wants to know how was the sex with rich men.
Speaker 4: Hmm, okay, pretty good, not as vigorous. It's like trying to think of it in a non weird way. It's like whenever you like shake an old man's hand and it's like strong as thuff, but like not moving fast. That's what sex with old men is. Like it's like strong and like but like it's not embracing, you know, like it's not like scary, like how like younger men have seg where like all vicious and crazy like older men are, like they're firm, but they're and then it's it's also very conservative.
Speaker 3: You know, like they don't want to do any like weird shit. They just want to like you know.
Speaker 4: Have normal sex and not. They didn't last very long and they just they're it's very simplistic, and oftentimes for me it was in like foreign cars and such like in the back seats.
Speaker 3: Where their drivers are driving.
Speaker 4: It was kind of weird. I remember one time I was, oh, yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, if you if you have a story about having sex with an old man, you can you can tell it real quick, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean I was just in the backseat of this guy's Rolls Royce. It was the Phantom, I think the four door one, and his driver was driving, and we're having sex in the back seat, and it was just really weird because there's a fucking person in the front seat and it just like that never really felt normalized to me. But it was pretty fire, honestly, and I saw him a lot.
Speaker 3: He was pretty cool. He was pretty respectful too, But yeah, that was that.
Speaker 2: Was a live Well thanks for calling Dante did this? How did it feel to talk about all this?
Speaker 4: H scary? I've never talked to I mean, this is a pretty big audience that you have, and I've never talked to anyone in my life about this, So it's nice to be It's nice to have anonymity and talk about this with somebody and so, like, you know, honestly, I just wanted to get this off my chest and talk about people and let people know about this kind of thing. And I really appreciate the platform that you provided me to do this. I really appreciate your work that you do as well.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks man, your thanks man. I haven't seen your work, but I'm sure it's it's pretty rad too.
Speaker 4: I try my best. Well, thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate this, of course, take care of Dante. By A Roll's voice. I always thought a Rolls Royce was a watch. I didn't realize it was a car. That's that's that's my only comment on that store. Sorry, thanks for calling Dante. Hello, folks, it is Lyle. We are at the end of this episode. But get this, I'm about to play a clip before we go from this week's bonus episode, which is a live show that I recorded in front of five hundred people all the way over in Sydney, Australia. Bonus episodes are available to Premium super cast subscribers of Therapy Gecko. Subscribers also get access to all episodes ad free all currently existing bonus episodes, multiple new bonus episodes a month, and other fun stuff. If you want to sign up to become a Premium member, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description. Anyway, here's a little bit of this week's bonus app. All right, you texted in because you wanted to talk about You said, my mom gave my girlfriend permission to peg me? Yemp, Now did your did your girlfriend give your mom permission to watch?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I fucking hope not.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Uh, tell me tell me about this, this relationship your mom has with your girlfriend where she's gay keeping your asshole.
Speaker 1: I guess. I guess I'll preface this by saying.
Speaker 7: My my, my, my mother is a is a sex love and relationship coach.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's got to be weird for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like, hey, you know that kid from sex education?
Speaker 7: Oh you know it?
Speaker 2: Wait, dude, your mom heart sex education at your school?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Fuck, okay, I'm so thankful for No. It's if she's taught with you in the class.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this was a later thing that came on, but yeah, so it started off, me and my partner and a few friends do a thing called Wish miss, which I highly suggest everyone do. It's like a secret sounds like it hasn't worked out for you.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's very funny.
Speaker 7: So you do a secret Santa, but you're only allowed to buy things from the site called wish.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure, you know, crack pipes, you know, five dollars, PlayStation five still those all that sort of ship all in the one place. It's fantastic wish Edward Collin there it is there they go. Yeah, So for my for my person, they give to me a present. They gifted me a you know obviously Sully from Monster Zinc.
Speaker 2: It was a it was a.
Speaker 7: Butt plug, but it was with the Sully Tale.
Speaker 2: If you want to see this full Australia show, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to sign up now and become a Premium member, or find the link in the episode description. All right, that's it. I have nothing else to say. I hate recording things. I think I probably fucked this recording up and restarted it at least five times, and it was really stressful. So I'm gonna go play Red Dead Redemption for six hours. Thanks again. Goes on the line making your phone calls every nine.
Speaker 7: Derek goes to a staging your cloud in the MIDI Your life.
Speaker 1: Money's not really an expert