Speaker 1: Christmas with the Gorgas. This is a new show that I would like to produce. It's gonna be very short, but I don't know that it has to be short. But I'm interested in Christmas with the Gorgos. Let me explain why. Who are the Gorgos? Some of you may ask. The Gorgos are Melissa and Joe Gorga from the Real Housewives of New Jersey. She does look a little like Jyl, like not quite but I mean she doesn't, but I could see like the vibe, she does look like a pop star. Okay, So I go this past weekend to Elf the musical on Broadway on Sunday. Now, I guess I'm gonna talk about two things. One is Christmas with the Gorgos, but also Christmas with my daughter, which is really important because we make memories every and now she's a teen, and she's getting older, and she's getting influenced, and she's got her friends, and she's got her social life, and she's got a lot of homework, and she's got her sports and her outside of school sports clubs, and she's volunteering at school, and she's got a romantic life, and she's busy and so like there could be days where we're in the same house and and we don't even see each other. I mean, we see each other, but it's like, you know, the days of just like let's lay down and watch a movie on a school night are gone.
Speaker 2: Those days are over.
Speaker 1: She's either talking to her friends, doing homework, doing sports, doing skincare, showering, preparing for the next day, packing for something we're doing, planning it outfit for her homecoming, whatever.
Speaker 2: So one thing.
Speaker 1: Though, that I am really intentional about is holiday traditions. And we go to the Rockets the Radio City Christmas Show every year we never missed. We missed during the pandemic when it was closed.
Speaker 2: We go see the tree.
Speaker 1: We do some version of like a holiday very day out restaurant. There's one in Connecticut, but there also are several New York. So I am going to take her to one. There's a blist of them, and I don't really care which one. I just want to go to one, or maybe we'll go to many, but.
Speaker 2: I love doing that.
Speaker 1: And then in the Hamptons, which is a place that we sometimes spend some Christmas time, and this year, because of all her activities, we might not even get there. We were supposed to be in Florida for just this three day stint, and she said, Mom can be go to the Hamptons because she wants to feel that feeling, that consistent, lifelong feeling that she's had of us being out there, just the two of us with the tree and being like in fuzzy pajamas and going to TJ Max. And then we go to this one store where the ornaments are all overpriced but they're stunning, and like, we each pick an ornament that we think is good for each other, and then we pick ones for other people, and we buy some stuff we don't need, and we go to reef making and like, we do the whole thing because it's a time that can be sad and depressing and lonely.
Speaker 2: And I get that, and get that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm effectively an orphan and I don't have that, like that family dynamic that people have and crave, but we make it for ourselves and it's beautiful. And so we were going to go down to Florida for a longer time and we decided to just take the three days to do that. And so when I was invited to the Elf Musical, on Broadway. We used to go to The Grinch one. It wasn't Broadway. It was just like a show we used to do, The Bubble Show. I've always been really good at that, Like I see something and then we're going to do it, you know what I mean. Like I'm like, I see it online and I make sure that we go in the city.
Speaker 2: We're going to go do it.
Speaker 1: Or it's a viral ice cream coven in Klan Candy, or it's the Brian Park hot chocolate thing, like I'll try to check one box and we're going to be in the city and we have to get ice skating on the list. And so I'm into all of it. So this weekend we go to Elf the Musical on Sunday and we sit down in our seats and Melissa Gorga and Joe Gorga are right behind me.
Speaker 2: Now, there are some housewives.
Speaker 1: That I wouldn't want to be seated near, Like I wouldn't really care, but I just don't love. And I think that that should be actually told to us by the people ask inviting us, Like we should know that because what if it was somebody I didn't want to be seated next to. But Lo and behold, like sitting right in front of the Gorgos. I don't I think if I were like going to choose the Housewives couple of all of the franchises, that I would want to be seated in front of. So Joe and Melissa are sitting behind me with their two sons who look like they are like you know, they're like they look like they live at the gym that they were roommates with with Joey and the situation and Vinnie and like GTL bro like full on and they're good. They're handsome kids. They seem nice. They said hello, like, but they're not at ELF the musical on Sunday. I mean, Joe Gorga is at ELF the music on Sunday, and it's like so cute because it's so happy waife, happy life. They look like the Italian couple that should be on the tap of a wedding cake. Just like he's got to watch it's like blinged out, you know, she's got to watch that's blinged out a red sequence skirt. And he you know, he's got nice eyes, like he's got to sparkle. They both have very good skin. Like they were right behind me we were chatting and I was talking to their sons.
Speaker 2: I'm like, and I kept Brynn was dying.
Speaker 1: Brin was right in front of Joe, who kept telling Brindant, you gotta make money. Go what these kids? Now's the time she got to make money now, And I'm laughing. And Brinn does make money, Like she has actually made some money. I have her talking to a financial advisor because I've gotten some deals and they've asked if she wanted to be part of it, and so then she's made her own money. But anyway, he's like her, I'm like, you could be her manager. Like he's like literally telling her what to do. And for some reason, Brynn really gets a kick out of men that have big personalities. I have another friend, her husband John, and like, she's so nice and she has multiple daughters, and like, my daughter connects with the husband who's a fucking animal, and so like this is she's connecting with Joe Gorgo, which is just so funny, and she's like me, she has a warped sense of humor. So I keep bringing up the fact that like fucking Joe Gorga's at Elf the musical on Sunday, like what do you do? And he's like, well, this is what you do, you know, And then the sons are trying to watch football and laughing because she's like, I'm like what she brought a fourteen a seventeen year old Italian boy from New Jersey to see Elf the Musical, Like and Joe Gorgo, who's there, happy wife's, happy life, but like he's getting late, like these are anyway, and they're telling a story about one of their kids that night before I'm not going to share their own family parent stories. And we're laughing and like I'm just dying. I'm focusing and harping on the fact. I'm like, are you kidding me? Like they deserve anything they want, Like these two boys want to watch football and they're watching like Elf the Musical. What's really funny is that Melissa Gorga and I, both independently of one another, called the intermission halftime. We both said it step, but I just said it to Brinda that she said, I go. I just said to Brinda's halftime so anyway, bring out the biggest kick. I'm like, are you kidding me? That these kids are here right now? She was dying and even like it was hokey elf the movie's but this was like triple hope. We were dying, like it's just there's a time where this elf, he's such a good actor that like he was so sad at the end about the tragedy of there being no Christmas spirit that.
Speaker 2: Break Britain said out loud, she goes is he okay? It's like it was so insane.
Speaker 1: He was like we thought the actor was gonna like break character and have a nervous breakdown. Like it was almost too real. It was hysterical. So anyway, we were dying. I was so happy to see the Gorgas and I was just like, this is Christmas with the Gorgas. They ended up going out to Tow I think after and I wanted to go with them. I had my own plans. I wanted to just like hang out with them. I wanted to get like fucked up with Joe Melissa. That's what I really wanted to do. So anyway, I don't know, they have a sparkle that I like them. We talked a little bit about tea and show and family. I would never divulge anything they said to me or anyone else, but I just was I didn't know when they were filming. What's happening. I guess the whole thing is on pause. That's public information. I guess they're casting. The people on the streets say that they won't both be They wouldn't have Teresa and Melissa and Joe. I guess there's still this rift, which is crazy. By the way, it's totally crazy that this show, which is it is the show got in the way. And it was funny because I explained it to my daughter. I was like, they're on TV. They're on the Jersey Housewise and I was like, remember bringing you met Teresa backstage at Bravo whatever, watch Rappens Live.
Speaker 2: And I was like, so they don't speak.
Speaker 1: She's his sister and they don't speak, presumably because Melissa was like the new one on the show and it was kind of Teresa's show. And then the parents died, and when the parents die, that's the glue that doesn't hold everybody together. And Joe was like, spot on it, like the way I described it, Okay, no blame. I didn't say anything like that. I'm just telling I just was reporting the news, sports on weather. Then I was actually thinking, like, you know, when you're casting a show like you're casting the family. And actually in the moment, I was thinking like, wow, like you two are one, like you're casting Melissa and Joe, Like he's as entertaining as any housewif to me. And I don't know how much Teresa and her new guy because I haven't seen it in years. I mean I was sitting with the kid who's either the one who's fourteen or seventeen that like he got in the fight at the christening, like full fit.
Speaker 2: I mean he was like those fourteen years ago.
Speaker 1: So I guess that was the fourteen year old that Joe Gorgo got into a physical altercation at his son's christening.
Speaker 2: I was dying.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I was thinking, like he's as entertaining. And I don't know how much the kids are in the show, but I was thinking, it's Teresa's new guy entertaining. He looks entertaining. He seemed nice, you know, these two of them. Sure they were an opinion of him, but like when I met him, he seemed nice. But the internet has a lot to say about him too, and are her kids on the show. So if you had to cast only one of the two, I don't know what you would do between Teres, Teresa's old school, Melissa and Joe are one one dog like Bigian Smalls. I don't know, but I enjoyed hanging out with and if it was Teresa and the other guy behind me, I would have been excited as well.
Speaker 2: But I was excited for these sale. It was great.
Speaker 1: So now it brings me to talk about it's kind of it can't go on. They'll have to mix in the old with the new, or just the old. But it's funny how things have to be timed right. I talked about the announcement when they announced the new cast and the legacy, and I thought it sounded boring. I didn't understand it. It was confusing. Evidently I was right, because the announcement was boring and the show is boring. It didn't make any sense. It was like just rints, like it never happened. All these women and now the new women just don't land. The new show is obviously terrible, because the whole entire internet has spoken about it. I have not seen it since the first one, but I don't know. I think there's some indication for a network that got really big for their bridges didn't treat their talent properly, got in a lot of trouble for many different things as that's a completely coarse correct and redirect and Shift has put all of its eggs in basically a housewives basket with the exception of anderprom rules and a little below deck and now is to make a real adjustment. But they definitely have never been a network that has been known for treating their talent properly. That is something that is widely known. It's a very big deal with culture at networks and some networks. Some networks don't pay well, but they treat their talent right. Some pay really well and treat their talent right. It's always a financial discussion, but there's such a haphazard way with which housewives are paid, not paid, treated favored in the good box in the bad box. You know me, I left after three seasons. I left, went back and then guess what I left again. I went and came back for like that connection with the audience, No, and I went back for the benjamins. I went back for the Benjamins, and I stayed for the Benjamins. And when I left it just my soul. I left the first time, because my soul felt crushed and toxic, and that was ballsy to leave a show a seasons when you're nobody, like, who the hell do I think I am. I always had faith in myself, but you have to make an exit to make an entrance. I did not intend to ever come back. I left, and I was convinced because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. Monetarily, it was also a good ego flex. It made me the highest paid housewife in history, and no one ever knew, and no one to this day knows what I got paid, and that number was a baseline, so it kept growing and I stayed for all those years, and I remember talking to someone really high power up and power in the industry who basically said, there's gonna be a moment which we passed where it's gonna be like why is she here? Like with all that you have going on and everything you're it's gonna be weird.
Speaker 2: Why there.
Speaker 1: We had passed that point, and then I got to that point for myself because it was like even my business managers, You're like, this is months of your time for all this money, millions of dollars, And I was like, I got to get the fuck out of here, and it was the best decision I ever made, which is to tell you that you should always go with your soul, how your gut and your soul feels. Not you can't make decisions out of money or fear. You know your fomo. You've got to be truthful, and it's never failed me. First time I left, I was able to get millions of dollars as a result of leaving and coming back just a couple of years later, because they got to see my value. Second time. I you know, when I came back. The second time I left changed my entire life. I created an entire business which is three times as lucrative as what I was getting paid at my highest day on Housewives. So fear will hold you back, you jump. And what I was going to say also is that, like, I have a different relationship to it now. So when I'm seated in front of any housewife, for the most part, I am happy, I am positive, I smile. There's no competition, there's no angst. It's not me against them. I'm happy for them. I want them to thrive. I hope they pay Melissa Gory a ten million dollars a season. Same with Joe.
Speaker 2: I support the four women who can't stand me.
Speaker 1: From duringda you know, from during the Durna is fine with me, and Sonya loves me, and Luanne it is probably right down the middle, and so is uh Ramona. And it doesn't even matter because I can still acknowledge that they were good housewives and that they held the show on their back and would have stayed to the dying last day.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: About Luanne, Sonya, Ramona and Durnda. They would never have left. They've all said they would leave. Not one of those four would ever leave. Very few people and I've I know the list. It's like three people that have maybe three to four that I've ever really left the housewives. People say they've left, they haven't. They've been let go. And people have said to me personally, if I've ever fired, I'll just walk out gracefully, and none of them have done that either. They all really want back in because they just get that high and they get that relevance and they're getting older at the same time, and they just crave it because it's we lack purpose as we get older, and it's a it's a slice a humble pie, and I would be lying if I said I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it's a little like karmic. And I love when people say that back in my day it.
Speaker 2: Was, it was the best.
Speaker 1: But I also love when people don't even really remember me on it because it was so long ago, because that means the Rinse is complete. Like now I'm gonna point where I can talk about this because I feel like I'm so separated from it and people don't think about me connected to it anymore and the Rinse. So when I that's why when I I deleted the video. Sometimes my public is to be like, please, you can want to be a wave dumpster and like rinse it off, but you can't forget where you came from. And I also do have an opinion on it. You've got the balls to pick up there