Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 2: When I tell you me and Marie Hoggart.
Speaker 1: Hoggart Sidney, turn your microphone down please for a little bit, sorry, or slide back from me?
Speaker 2: No? No, how about now? How about now? Is this good? Is this better? Okay? Great? All right?
Speaker 1: Now tell the people what's going on?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you know, me and Marie are a little books right now, so you know thet put the hair behind the ear just a little bit. We're set until six a m.
Speaker 1: Honey, playing chic zombies. Okay, first of all, they put all this nasty I got you know, we got there. Face was made up because you can't trust these makeup artists. But also we were coming from shows, so we show up looking cute, looking good, smelling good, and they took all that makeup off except for my cat, and then they turned us into just gross zombies. And Sydney was living her very best life. I don't know what it is about my good sister, but anytime you could put makeup on her to make her look ugly, she thrives.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Remember the Halloween costumes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we will never get over me. And just being who was I?
Speaker 2: Who was? I?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: I forgot who? Were you trying to be Roger Klotts.
Speaker 3: I was Roger Klotz for Halloween in like twenty eighteen, and Roger you were Roger Knots.
Speaker 2: I was Roger Notts. I thought I was green. I was not. I was like a disgusting olive.
Speaker 1: It was not good anyway, since the people know, they love it, they see it. But so we played Zombies last night, and you know, Sidney, the wig looks fantastic right now.
Speaker 3: But oh, this is a new one, Honey. That was the set wig. And now the wig that was also my real wig, which is the Marianne Maryanne Hay is gonna be furious with me because.
Speaker 1: Yesdney, of all the weeks to select to where you put the good wig on, Like you don't have like a gym wig you could thrown on.
Speaker 2: No, I don't go to the gym. Friend, what are you talking about? I hop in the uber, I get out the uber.
Speaker 1: Yes, but's just the gym wig at my house. Is any wig that's stuck in the ponytail position, that's the gym wig.
Speaker 2: I don't do. I don't do ponytails.
Speaker 1: Not to hold my ponytail, I don't.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: But AnyWho, she she curled it and everything for it to just to get fucked up anyway.
Speaker 2: So she's gonna be annoyed. But it's fine. I paid her and she's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be annoyed because you keep paying her to do the wig. So yes, she's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's why.
Speaker 3: If there's any networks listening, I still need to continuing. I need to continue to get booked so I can pay for this hair. I need a hair budget. It's imperative.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you already have a hair budget. Sis, what's the hair budget? What's the weak budget giving? Beyonce Junior, what's it given?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say, Kelly Rowland adjacent.
Speaker 1: Kelly, okay girl, I'm the week budget is Michelle Jesus says yes, No, you will not say no.
Speaker 3: That's not not in front of our new guests today. No, You're not doing that to.
Speaker 1: Me, Kelly. Have you seen the Kelly Calandria wigs man?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so I'm saying from certain angles and perfect lighting, yeah, yeah, I will think you're.
Speaker 1: Spending the same amount of money on your wigs that Kelly is spending on hers. That's what I'm asking you. That's the question.
Speaker 3: You don't even know. Kelly could be frugal and she could be renting hers.
Speaker 1: Since your week budget giving Lattavia. That's what.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, I'll take that. That's fine. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm humbled. But it will get to Kelly Rowland soon. I'm opening by twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, okay, put it on the vision board.
Speaker 2: I'm putting on the vision board. So AnyWho.
Speaker 3: We were there until six o'clock in the morning, very very tired, but I wanted to have blood all over me. I wanted to really get into it. And Marie was like, I'm a vegan zombie. I don't eat nobody. I don't eat people.
Speaker 1: Put this black ass blood in my mouth. And I was like, what is that? Is it glue and free? And Sidney was like more but just believe like it was wild. At one point she threw the man at the window so that we weren't even recording it.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's gonna be on HBO. It was an episode of Search Party, so y'all can look for us for the finale of the of the series.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we say that though? Can we say that. I just said it, Yeah, but I don't think we can say that though.
Speaker 1: Why can't we say that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What's the ladgic here?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe an nda? Well, no, they didn't even did you sign something?
Speaker 1: Since? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Okay, Okay, it's in keep it.
Speaker 4: It will keep it in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sidney we got. I got home at seven. I went to bed at seven o'clock this morning. I've slept for I don't know five hours. Where's this energy coming from that you're shouting into the mic? What time did you go to sleep?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I went to bed, same time around you.
Speaker 3: But I just know that I'm working on myself because I know that I can be very uh, very lax and very much like always in a nap state, you know what I mean. Like I'm very like, what's drowsy? Drowsy? What's the seven Dwarves? It's drowsy?
Speaker 1: Was there a drowsy Dwarfs?
Speaker 2: No, there's no, there's.
Speaker 1: Not drowsy not can't operate machinery?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's me. I'm drowsy. I'm the drowsy Dwarf.
Speaker 3: So I'm working on giving more energy and just being you know, present, and I'm loving this today.
Speaker 2: This feels good.
Speaker 1: Okay, sirs, I love that for you. I love that you're working on you. We I have a guest this week. We do so thank you for bringing that energy for the both of us. Because who let me just drink my coconut water not from concentrate.
Speaker 3: Also, you know, I'm coming down from a really big high. You know, Jojo was in town in the building. The girlfriend was out and about. I was running her around, you know, just lunches, dinners.
Speaker 2: I want her to hang. I was paying for lunch. That's how happy I was. I paid. We went to lunch, Marie, I paid for it. I went to lunch.
Speaker 1: I feel like this. Oh you were paying for lunch for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's another reason if the networks are listening, I need a lunch budget.
Speaker 1: So I need to keep working. So please book me as think for these budgets that you already have the person the people who should be asking for a lunch budget, other people who ain't playing.
Speaker 2: For lunch running out.
Speaker 1: The people are like, did you already add the gratuity? Like the people who are struggling to pay for lunch are the ones who need the lunch budget, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I remember when I was a waitress in this big ass group. It was like a fifteen people and.
Speaker 3: They were like, we didn't have graduity and I was like, that's it's there's there's no d but not griduity. Like, we're not paying for the graduity. And we were like, but you absolutely are. You are playing You're paying for that.
Speaker 1: Fifteen people were fighting about leaving a tip graduity.
Speaker 3: They were like, what's what's the graduity? It's like, oh my god, I said, I don't know these people that I don't know them.
Speaker 2: I think they were from Detroit.
Speaker 1: Oh, so the story you could have said that they were from anywhere. You could have said they were from Norway. You could have said it was it was fifteen cheap blonde.
Speaker 2: No it was it was it was beige people from Detroit.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, thank you, thank you for fixing it.
Speaker 2: Uh Marie, are we ready to bring in? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're ready to start this episode so I can go back and lay down. Yeah, absolutely, let's let's do it.
Speaker 3: Zombie number one chic Zombie number one to you, Well, obviously, you know we have a lot of our friends on the pod. But today today we have a new bee Fresh Fresh fresh meat to expert.
Speaker 2: We're popping.
Speaker 3: We're popping his unofficial expert, Cherry. You could have seen him on Ellen. Okay, I mean so many followers. He's a he's a blue checked verified bitch.
Speaker 1: We love verified bitch.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he is our only child expert. Give it up for Kaylen Allen.
Speaker 1: Hey y'all, Oh, hey, y'all. Hey, you sounds like Paula Dane Sam's of racism. Oh my gosh, I know that fried chicken we say, say we're gonna add some butter.
Speaker 4: We're gonna add some butter right here. Hey, Caitlyn, how y'all doing good?
Speaker 1: So? Where are you from?
Speaker 4: First of all, originally from Kansas that's probably the accent.
Speaker 1: This is Kansas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm from Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I don't know. That's one of those things that I don't really think about.
Speaker 4: But like, have you seen Ted Lasso on Apple TV?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, but everybody's talking about it though.
Speaker 4: Oh it's superb. But Jason Sadaikiss is also from Kansas City and his character in the show is from Kansas Well, it's from Wichita. Kansas, but basically the same thing, but we have a very similar accent. I was like, okay, so I do hear it now.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, this is what you could do for me, sweetie. You could go ahead and drop your Apple password right in the chat, please, Yeah, so that we too can enjoy dead Lasso.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can get on the Unofficial Expert Pod without giving to the community.
Speaker 2: So in the chat, and we would love to hear know about this, said Lasso.
Speaker 4: Okay, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 2: I will do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, but where do you live now, Los Angeles?
Speaker 1: I'll see you. It's a well lit home. There's a little dog in the background. The fridge is giving like super stainless steel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got we got a lot of sunshine. You know, we live the same day every single day here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But don't you know, you don't have to talk about the sunshine because the sun could be on, but it could also not work because sometimes it'll be like, you know, the sun is shining and then it's like forty two degrees over there at six pm.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true. That's because it's a desert.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: They just irrigated water into the land. That's how they built it into the city. It's a desert accent and the.
Speaker 1: Accent and irrigate the lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think arrogate is an SAT word, is it.
Speaker 4: I didn't take the SAT. I didn't have to. I only had to take the ACT.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, okay, well I didn't have to take Did I take the acts? Why is that?
Speaker 4: It depends? I think it depends on regions. I think if you live on like East Coast, you have to do the SAT too. But if you live in like the Midwest, they only require ACT. It really depends on the school I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now here you are our only child expert born and raised in Kansas City, Kansas. Yes, talk to us about to us about how the hell you ended up in LA, because I feel like a lot of people who are from small towns usually stay you know where they grew up.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, not me?
Speaker 3: Now, KLN may may I step there just for you're star baby. That's why the fuck he's not in Kansas City no more.
Speaker 2: He's got the talent capital t So he took his talent to LA and blew up like he was supposed to.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a little bit more to the story.
Speaker 1: City trying to give us the spark notes version of.
Speaker 4: I went to school in Philadelphia. So I left Kansas went to school in Philadelphia, and I didn't choose to move to Los Angeles. I was moved to Los Angeles. Ellen Degeneris moved me to Los Angeles, and that was when I started working in LA. So when I moved to LA, I was already working in the industry. I just came straight into it. But that doesn't mean that I want to live in LA. I would prefer to live in New York City.
Speaker 1: Wow, Because that's because you have eyes.
Speaker 4: That's because you know, you know right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is it that you'd rather live here?
Speaker 4: Just let the listeners know, Well, I would rather live in New York City because LA is too slow for me. I think because I'm only twenty five. I think I shall enjoy the hustle and bustle, you know, like I want the rush of the city every single morning. Also, primarily everyone that I know lives on the East Coast. But also there is an authenticity that resides in the species of humans in New York City that does not live here in Los Angeles. In Los Angeles, you got a lot of people trying to be just like the person next to them. You know, in New York you got individuals that wake up, they got somewhere to go. They don't care about what you're doing or who you are. They got goals and dreams and aspirations. And New York feels magical to me. New York feels like anything is possible.
Speaker 1: Listen and then q Andrew, then you could have the song. He absolutely, But that is that's the best way I think to explain it, because I know there are people listening who maybe are trying to decide whether they want to move to New York or move to LA And that's, to me, the best way to explain it.
Speaker 4: Well, if that is the case, then I think it's also important to undersandstand that I come from a very privileged space that I me moving to New York is going to be very different than somebody you know, fresh out of college moving to New York. So it's important to understand the difference in that He.
Speaker 1: Said, you're rinch right. He said, you gonna move to New York, but you're not gonna live how he lived.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying is.
Speaker 4: That that, you know, living in these big cities la especially like rent is not cheap, you know, And so it's like if you have an idea, like you can't go to New York and think you're gonna be living like Carry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: That's just not Listen, Carry Bradshaw technically shouldn't even been living like Carry Bradshaw sh exactly.
Speaker 4: She didn't have no money.
Speaker 2: But that was the only show that like glamorized New York.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is living in a bum you know, walk up a part apartment, they have many roommates.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about, Sydney Friends? How much your mother? All these shows where the white people would live in lofts and they all work in coffee shops.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on those First of all that Friends was not in New York, but also Friend Friends was in New York.
Speaker 1: No, Baby, oh Bach Okay, Andrew as a resident Beach, I wasn't in New York.
Speaker 2: Friends was in l a. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: France was in New York Central.
Speaker 1: That was New York. You coming in Hot, Loud and wrong. Wait was in New York. Baby, They lived in the West Village. Girl, they would live in lavishly.
Speaker 4: They were living. I don't even think apartments for that big in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did I never watch Friends? I've never watched Friends.
Speaker 1: Say why you bring it up?
Speaker 2: You know what? You know what I'm you know, I'm confusing Friends with nine O two one.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what it is, baby, same thing, same thing is pretty much the same show.
Speaker 4: Pretty I cannot I cannot nine when that was a whole as.
Speaker 3: I remember the show, I'm confusing the whites. That's my that's the title of the show, Confusing the whites. I blimbed that I had in my head. I had, Kaylin, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You have to be on my side.
Speaker 1: You're a guest.
Speaker 2: You're a guest. Say sorry, say sorry, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 4: I followed you, not back.
Speaker 2: Yes, give me?
Speaker 1: Did Aretha also live in l A?
Speaker 2: Cut it cut it cut the tape, dead ass, got the camera set ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what the point is that you were trying to make.
Speaker 4: But girl, we were talking. We were talking about how, you know, you got to have a realistic perception of what it's going to be like when you move to these big cities.
Speaker 1: Right, But New York for me, sorry, Sydney. New York for me is a better city to move in, even if you have less money, because the cost of living in LA and New York is comparable. You're spending the same amount of money. You just get more space in La Boom. Yes, but New York is easier to make friends and build a network and form like a group.
Speaker 3: LA.
Speaker 4: It's more, it's more. New York is more convenient, yes, you know, it's easy to go from one part to the other in the manner of fifteen minutes, you know. And I think it's also cheaper transportation wise than it is in LA, because in LA you got to have a car, Like we have no subway system that is reliable that will get you to where you need to go to, you know. So yeah, I just think New York City is built for community and culture while LA is not.
Speaker 3: And New Yorkers, right, you can make friends with other New Yorkers and the people could kind of look a little bummy and like very homeless, and you're like, oh, they might come from money, you don't know. But in LA, if you look homeless, they will assume that you were homeless, and they're like, oh, they're not booking, they don't know anybody.
Speaker 2: I can't be friends with them. In LA, you have to have like what are you doing? What's next? Are you working on a pilot? Do you have the script? Do you have to development deal? In New York, you could be like your girl. You know, I work at Chili's and you know I work at the strip club on the weekend and they'll be like, oh what what was good? The garlic promisean wings is popping the cell?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or or you a waitress and then at night you go be on Broadway. That part, well, that's structure.
Speaker 1: LA is LA is what are you working on in New York? Is I gotta get to work? You get out of my way?
Speaker 4: Like exactly very much.
Speaker 1: So, so that's it. That's our little the more you know East Coast versus West Coast.
Speaker 2: But kayln, you said you came to La privilege, So what is it like you you had saved money?
Speaker 1: You have to are you a friend?
Speaker 5: You? No?
Speaker 4: I told you I was moved by and I was already working in TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, well tell us tell us that's about true.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Ellen degenerates, Yeah, Ellen, Now what happened?
Speaker 6: She saw a YouTube and she was like, oh, I like this, and yeah, that's that's exactly correct that I made some food videos in November of twenty seventeen, and then I moved to La January twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: It only took a manner of a couple months.
Speaker 2: In the video you were so viral. Yeah, I was seeing your videos everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And so then from there she picked me up and I moved to Los Angeles and I've been here ever since.
Speaker 1: I don't think I saw these food videos. What you're doing in the food videos.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the food, the commentary, and your voice is very distinct. So it's like people can't do what you do. I've seen a few people do it, but it's like yours is very special. So you know, Ellen got a good eye.
Speaker 4: We've grown a lot since then. We've done a lot more since then. So I'm just grateful for the journey.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about the journey. Let's start from the beginning of the journey. Okay, because I don't know how many minutes in we are, but so you are our only child expert, and you seem like a normal, well rounded human being. When I think of only only children's I feel like it's gotta be something a little off about them because they grew up alone.
Speaker 2: But you look not boo. I don't like what you just said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that wasn't right, but I think so for me. For me, I think I was always well, my mother was very much, very strict on making sure that I was aware that there were other people in the world, you know, like it wasn't now. I will say there is a tendency, especially now. And I tell people this all the time, is that because sometimes somebody would be like, it's not always about you, and what I say is that, well, I don't really know any different because I'm an only child, so like I don't get it, Like it doesn't make sense to me. So I have to be very you know, conscious of it. I have to make sure that I'm always being considerate, Like I'm a very considerate person. People know that I will always put other people before me, because I already know because I'm an only child, it will come off that I'm only focused on me. So I'm very aware of people around me and how I make them feel and if they feel welcome and then they feel that I care about them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I hear what you're saying, but in order to prove that we have a guest joining it, no, imagine we have one of your friends on the line.
Speaker 4: So so and so said, and I'd be like, that's probably true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think we need to have a better discussion about oh, you only care about yourself or like selfishness, because there's I think we live in a world that like, you can't help someone unless you help yourself first. True, Like you can't put on the oxygen mask. You gotta put on your oxygen mask first and then put on the small child that you didn't really want to have in the first place. So I think, well, I think that it's okay to have you as a priority. And you don't even have to be an only child to have that mentality. Look at Marie, what.
Speaker 1: You said? All that just to Maria say, wild you can't. First of all, I'm a middle child. I am the oldest girl in my family, so I have an older brother and a younger sister. I don't know nothing about this.
Speaker 4: I could see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. But now does your astrological sign have anything to do with this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a Capricorn okay, so a hard.
Speaker 1: Worker and a little bit annoying.
Speaker 4: When it comes to work, child, that's all I do. I eat and breathe it. And when you asked me what do I do for fun work? I was in Saint Lucia for ten days and by the fourth day I was like, I need to work. I can't do this. I can't just sit around and do nothing. So I started working.
Speaker 2: And what I love to do.
Speaker 1: This is a cute is a long amount of time. That is who were you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were you were?
Speaker 4: I went with my best friend tour. No baby, I don't have no bee. Are you kidding? I got work to do. I don't have time of this on that bed.
Speaker 2: We got to get you a bed. You can't have a cello in the back. And no Bay.
Speaker 4: Stressed me out.
Speaker 2: Well, they are there.
Speaker 1: Men are very stressful, famous exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't even deal with them.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there, you all say, Look, I wish I could switch it up, so do I.
Speaker 2: You can choose your fighter, Kaitlin, choose your fighter.
Speaker 1: It's up to you. Wait, so you were in, say Luci pretendings with your best friend? Are y'all hooking up? Is it like a like who no s your girl?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I I knew that I needed to get away, and so I took the whole month of July off and so I was like, I'm not doing anything for July. And I was like, Okay, well, I definitely want to get out of the country because I've been stuck at home. So I was like, let's go to Saint Lucia. And so we went to Saint Lucia. I was there ten days, baby, and it was absolutely relaxing and pure joy.
Speaker 1: And you were like, I need to do some work right now, yep.
Speaker 4: And so I good thing I had my laptop with me because I showed up, pulled it down, and got to work.
Speaker 1: Well, you unlooked for at least four days. So I think that's that's the vacation for you, honestly.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: So talk to us about what it's led growing up as an only child in Kansas City. What do you do to spend like, how do you pass time?
Speaker 4: So the thing is that I'm a natural homebody, which may also be because I'm an only child. It's like, when you're an only child, you have to find ways to entertain yourself, you know, because there isn't somebody there. And also all of my like cousins were way older than me, so it was like I wasn't going over their houses or hanging with them, so it was literally just me. So and that's why I think that I am very, very very self self efficient and I am very independent. I can take care of it all you already know, and so I think that was a perk for me. You know, I know how to take care of myself and I don't really need anybody. That's why I always say, especially when it comes to dating, if you are here, you're here because I want you here, not because I need you here. And there's a difference.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a little aggressive. Okay, you think that's aggressive.
Speaker 1: I'm sure men love to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need you. You're here by the grace of God.
Speaker 4: I did not say that. I said it's a difference. You don't have a lot of times, especially when when you're growing up and you have you know, childhood trauma or whatever everything you have codependency and stuff like that, and people, you know, bring people in because they want to feel taken care of or to you know, fill up those holes from their childhood. I don't experience that because I just always figured out a way to take care of myself, you know, which I think is also a trauma response, you know, to be like, well, I know that I can depend on myself, and I'm not going to give anybody the clearance or to be able for me to believe that they will, you know, take care of me. You know, it's like why even bother? And so that's something that we work through in therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I love that for you, but yes, that is definitely I think a trauma response saying that you could do everything by yourself and you don't need anybody because we don't need people even when we don't think, even if we don't want to need them, we need them, which is okay, So that's send me.
Speaker 4: Over there, guy a lot in her mind, and I just need to know what you contemplating now.
Speaker 3: I just I'm like, now, I I have a brother and a sister, but they are eighteen years older than me, and I didn't grow up with them. They lived in New York and I lived in Oakland, California. So I maybe I had like a different way of life because I didn't have like I knew that I had them, but I didn't have them, so I was always kind of like searching for friendship, and my family was very very strict, like I couldn't have friends like that. They were like, your family is your friends, and I was like, well, I need some family that's around my age, Like I know that y'all are my friends, but y'all are you know sixty five? I need people that I can play, you know, ball with. I played ball with y'all. Y'all gonna y'all gonna fall. So and now I'm you know, I'm in my early thirties and I still carry that with me, that like I'm always searching for friendship.
Speaker 2: So you know, I wish I was as self sufficient in not needing anybody like y'all.
Speaker 4: Well, I do think that I think you can label yourself as an only child because and the reason why I say this is that I can relate to the fact that, like, I have two half brothers, but they two both are very older than me, and we lived in the same city, but I never saw them, like we didn't grow up together. So it's like, like you said, I knew of them, but I didn't really have them, and we didn't really get close until I was an adult, you know, But I do understand the need and the want for friendship, especially when you're like by yourself. And I also think it may be a regional kind of thing, you know, especially growing up in Oakland, California's so close to San Francisco, heavily populated that you're around people all the time, while in Kansas City is not as highly populated and it's spread out. And also I always felt like, especially as growing up gay in Kansas City, in being black and stuff, I was always ostracized. There was nowhere that I really fit in, you know, And so I think that is also another layer. So it's not only just being an only child. You have to add also being a gay man and being a gay black man and how that operates within the space as well. And I think that kind of adds to the independence as well.
Speaker 2: Kaitlyn, you were gay the whole time?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, so like always being good was in part time?
Speaker 1: Is that what you always?
Speaker 4: Why did you think about it later on? Like it did it come later on in your life?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, always from the beginning.
Speaker 1: So what's that like being gay in Kansas City?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think I really realized the difference until I left, because I think I was so just used to the culture, and I think a little bit that still, like I'm I still have certain things about me that are very conservative, I guess in mindset, and so because of me being from Kansas City, and it's more so like a presentation kind of thing or something like like if you see me out, I'm going to be very polished, I'm going to be very present. Bond no bonet, no, no, I wear my do rag outside. I'll do that from yeah, you know it. But I think it's more so like how I present myself, how I do my work, how I handle myself in emails and stuff like that. I am. I sometimes fall into respectability politics because of growing up in Kansas City, whereas majority you know, all white people. And even though so me and Janelle Money are from the exact same county, Wandat County, and so yes, yeah, so we're voting from Wandak County, which is the poorest county in Kansas, but it's also primarily all African American and Hispanic, and so that was a little that helped me as far as my blackness being able to understand that but when it came to being gay, need on a haystack, you know. So a lot of my identity was built out of the identity that I didn't see, if that makes sense. So I created who I am based off of what I didn't have access to, you know. So for instance, with being black and gay, I talk about this all the time. It's like I was asked in LA to judge a ball here in LA, and I was like, I don't know anything about that, you know, And everybody thinks just because you're black and gay, that you know about a ball, you know, And I'm like, I don't because we didn't have that in Kansas City, you know. But if I would have grown up in New York or something like that, then yes, I would know that culture, you know.
Speaker 1: And so you have.
Speaker 4: So I often think about how our identities are built out of our environments, in our experience.
Speaker 1: But did you judge the ball?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, No, no, I went, you know, but because I, you know, I had been exposed to things like Paris's burning. I had been exposed to polls, you know, and all those type of things. So I had a base acknowledge to be able to sit at the table and be able to give a good you know, read.
Speaker 1: Right, you know how to say tens across the book exactly right?
Speaker 3: Did you watch Legendary Megan? Meghan the Stallion is not that verse in the ballroom culture, but she was there and she's like, you did your thing, You did your thing. I liked everything that you had got with got going on, you had the energy.
Speaker 1: Meghan the Stallion was definitely the randy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, very much. That whole judging panel is kind of questioning. Interesting, Yeah, that's shame, that's shame. It's true.
Speaker 1: Well the other one, the one that.
Speaker 4: Jamila is on there and then there's law is on that. Now Layoi, Yes, like that makes sense. Of course that makes sense. I just think and and I do feel strongly about this. It's like, if you are going to do a show about ballroom culture, you are making that for the ballroom scene, right, So you put people on the panel that have a relation to that so that people can truly experience what that is. Instead it's just become American idol, you know, but making it more, it's making it palatable to white people, right, you know, that's really what it boils down okay, so.
Speaker 1: Who Okay, here we go, we're recasting the show. Who do you think should have been a judge on that show?
Speaker 4: I think we definitely Laomi should have say, you know, and I'm okay with like adding in somebody else, but they got to have some type of connection, like be some type of like gay icon or something.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even been too mad if Madonna would have said on the judging panel because of the Vogue song and also with her including people from Paris burning, like you clearly have some type of knowledge of this this space, you know. I think that's what I would have wanted to know, like just not just what they don't have any connection to this. I just want to see people that have a relation to that culture.
Speaker 2: In some form.
Speaker 1: That's how I felt when I said jud Well, I said Jamila, I thought she was like a news reporter or something.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm queer, I'm I'm by I can.
Speaker 4: Be Now I would say, I love Jimmy la and I understand, you know, working in this business and getting those offers for certain jobs and stuff, and even if you don't really know, it's like, okay, I get the angle and want to participate. I don't even think that's something that's like her fault or you know, or Meg's fault. I think that's a that's a network thing. That's this network not really understanding. I guess diversity all the time, you know, And that's that's a Hollywood thing in general. We're always talking about diversity inclusion, but do they really understand what that means when you're surrounded by people that look just like you, you know, and not really in those cultures.
Speaker 1: Diversity inclusion for Hollywood is well, we have three blond people in here. Let's get a brunette. Yeah, yes, that's diverbs like that's yeah, you dated a black eye in college, right, yes, so this is this is a diverse and.
Speaker 2: And don't be don't be black gay and a woman.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, that's perfect, that's all Trea, y'all and one let's go that's enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, black gay and a woman. But you have an Asian father exotic not the layers I'm on exotical.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, so Kaitlin, you you went to l A. Right, you didn't have any friends or you had a few friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not in l A. I mean I probably knew like a couple of people household. You know, I keep my circle this tight, it is right, very small. So France was never a big priority to me, you know, I know, Sydney. Like, what do you mean, like you no friends?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I understand it because first of all, you're coming to l A already, like with this audience, you're already coming, you know, Ellen job all of all of and then so you you don't need a whole bunch of people to navigate Los Angeles. But I'm just saying, like, if something went down, who would.
Speaker 2: You call in La?
Speaker 4: So now I do have a cohort, you know, I definitely have a few people that I would definitely call, you know, right on the dime of like my best friend Tory. So me and Tory went to school in Philadelphia, and because because I didn't have any friends here, I moved her here. Because hold on.
Speaker 1: Hold on, play some privilege, you moved her across the country. Yes, this is some only child bullshit. Right, let's be expine.
Speaker 4: Let me.
Speaker 2: Kalyn, just first of all, how long were you all friends for?
Speaker 4: We've been friends over like six years?
Speaker 2: Okay that's wait wait wait, wait, no. When you moved her over there, how it felt like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: But that would have been about like four years at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would move you to LA if I if I had the money, I would move you to LA.
Speaker 1: I would. But sending nobody listening to this is surprised about that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's like, you could sleep in the dead of me my girlfriend, babe, make space for Brie. Marie, Marie, grab the blanket, sit the blanket, friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Marie, ungrateful.
Speaker 1: That's what you are girl. Okay, look hold on, so you moved this What was she doing when you moved her?
Speaker 4: Let's talk about at the time, not.
Speaker 2: Saying you don't. I came to Allan says, get your ship, me going to LA.
Speaker 3: You get your ship and you go, Actually you leave your stuff and you're like, I'm starting over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. She studied journalism and so she was living in DC and she was trying to, you know, figure out what was next for her career, just graduated or whatever. And I was like, well, why don't you come out to LA to try and see how you like it out here. You can live with me. I'll handle all that. And then I said in the trade off will be like and you can basically, you know, work for me at the same time, and sot, yes, exactly exactly. So then so then that's the way. And she's still here. But now she's going back to the East Coast because she's going to grad school, so she's going back. But I mean, and she runs my social media actually, so she's my social media producer and it works wonderfully.
Speaker 1: But now let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: What does it feel like?
Speaker 1: Because basically you pretty woman to her, you Richard Gear and she she's Julia Baige Roberts. And is she beige?
Speaker 2: No, she's black.
Speaker 1: I want to see who you were really uplifting in the community. So you move her out there? What is it like living with your friend in a city that both of y'all are kind of unfamiliar with and she ain't got no job.
Speaker 4: I love it, Well, she got job with me, but I love it because it really helps us to be able to the city, you know, and not having to worry about the fakeness of it all, you know, because we got each other so we don't have to worry about people trying to come in and move off of us, cause it's like, well we're good, you know, and it really allows us to just be able to get up everyone and be like, Okay, well we're gonna do today, you know, and just enjoy the city for what it is and not having to get all caught up in well I.
Speaker 1: Mean, she didn't got to worry about nobody moving over her, but you flew her out there. Yeah, and you're paying for all the groceries and.
Speaker 2: Kaylin, I fucking love you that. See you're an only child, but like you're still giving, You're still over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my flaw.
Speaker 2: Why is that a flaw? No, Louise.
Speaker 4: But it becomes a flaw when men get involved. Because I am a I am a natural nurturer. I like to take care of people, you know, and so it's like a lot of times I think people me and gim and then they get into the MOMMI syndrome and then it's like I just end up taking care of them and you know, building them up, and then they just they go find somebody else, you know, and and so then it's.
Speaker 1: Like they be borrowing your car to go see some other duel.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they don't do that. Don't nobody drive my tesla.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't drive my tesla.
Speaker 4: That's you cannot. You cannot, you cannot drive my tesla. But I mean it's like people like the way that I make them feel, you know, so like they want to come here and they want to get the like the the white picket fence kind of treatment, you know, because I'm a cook. I'm a cook dinner every day, and I'm ana, I'm gonna clean the house. I'm gonna take care of the dogs. I'm gonna do it all. You know.
Speaker 1: It's two dogs back there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got too. So it's like.
Speaker 2: Calyn, you like gay women, I'll come on over there. We give a relationship.
Speaker 4: We don't even have to have sexual beautiful, beautiful. Yeah. But that's what happens is that I just end up taking care of them, and it's like I gotta be. I need to be taken care of too, you know. It's like I want to feel good too. I don't want you to just enjoy the fruits of my labor and I don't get anything back, you know. And I think also that's why I say being independent can be you know, bitter sweet, because people say, well, Kaylen doesn't need me or or or Kaylen's good, you know, and stuff like that. And like I said, it's like, yes, I don't need you, but I want you here because I want to share my life with you. When I go out in this world and I and I'm Kaylen Allen, I have to be on. I want to come home and be able to melt into.
Speaker 2: You and I have to be on a poet.
Speaker 1: That's that's the title of a of a song I'm write. I'm gonna write it melt into You. Look out for it on my album coming up, melt.
Speaker 2: Kaitlyn.
Speaker 3: We have a large, you know, gay following. You know a lot of gay men at that. You know, Andrew could tell you because he's got fans and they're they're listening. They're listening, and so.
Speaker 2: Like, maybe like maybe four things that you're looking for in a partner for that's a.
Speaker 1: Really weird number. You could have said three, you would have said five.
Speaker 2: But four four four is even number? For is even number?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: One first thing is that you cannot be like anybody else. Oh, if that makes sense that you're looking for snowflake. I need you, I need you to be different. I need you to be unique, and I need you to own that uniqueness, you know, like, I don't want to be able to find another you in the in the pile, you know, because I believe you're not gonna be able to find another Kalin. So it's like, if you can't find another me, I don't want to find another you. I don't want you to try and look like everybody else, you know. I want you to be your own individual.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Two, you gotta have a strong sense of self and be very self aware, you know. I need you to be able to be like, Okay, I messed up here, let me fix it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You have to be able to be willing to grow and to be able to become a better person. I don't need you to be perfect on day one, but I want you to be able to become who you want to be. And that's what's the point, not even who I want you to be, who you want to be and actually put in the motions to make that happen. Number three, I need you. You don't have to be rich, but you do have to be working towards.
Speaker 3: Something, Okay he said, he said, I'm not taking that potential. Okay, you potentially have to already be doing something right.
Speaker 4: You gotta have some type of dreaming aspiration and putting everything that you have into it and be willing to sacrifice everything in order to get everything.
Speaker 1: Sacrifice everything in order to get everything. Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: And number four, number Maria is writing all this stuff writing it down.
Speaker 4: Number four is and this is like, because as my households, like, you have to be good with dogs, with dogs, dogs, Yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: That's easy, that's easy. I think dogs are easier to deal with than like cats.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not good with dogs, so that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people are not good with dogs. And that's very important to me because my dogs are my life. Those are my keys. Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Kiss them on the mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't do all that. I don't kiss them on the mouth. But I mean, like they're my keys, they're my my children.
Speaker 2: Table food, table food.
Speaker 4: They eat human gray food. I don't eat. I don't feed them table grade. I mean, I don't feed them from the table, but I feed them human gray food. So they live very Barbecue for the dogs, it's honey. We unthawed every single night. We heat it up in the morning, and we serve it to.
Speaker 1: One you call work and you say you get the meat out the freezer.
Speaker 4: I came home a day earlier from my vacation because my dogs were having separation anxiety from me.
Speaker 2: Kaylan, you gotta stop. You gotta let them be without you.
Speaker 4: They were for now days.
Speaker 1: It could have been ten. Okay, so hold on, let me let me write. Let me read what I wrote. You need a unique, self aware, not poor, not rich person who likes dogs. So in my mind, I feel you need like an older like not an like an artist, maybe like an architect.
Speaker 4: I was about to say that you're like an arch or a computer tech person.
Speaker 1: Somebody not in the entertainment that's working all.
Speaker 4: Way, I gotta add a number five you got you gotta have some type of intelligence. Intelligence.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: I love somebody that's book smart, smart, ool smart. But you gotta have common sense too.
Speaker 2: I thought that was given. Though I thought that was given. Who doesn't like somebody who's smart.
Speaker 4: Have you been to La see? That's things like. You live in New York, so you're around a whole bunch of intellectuals. That's why I love New York. I can have a conversation with New York and we could talk about some deep ship. You have conversations with here. People in La. All they talk talking about is who's gonna win the Ammi the TikTok, and like who's famous and who they met last week and how they was gonna say. I don't give a damn about none.
Speaker 2: Of that, Kaylen, you need to come on over here to define coming and hang out. Yeah, that's yeah, we are, you know, And you know what, I put my Vemo card down for us.
Speaker 1: I don't know since he got he got move his bestie across the country and.
Speaker 4: Pay for I pay for the dinner. No, no, you go to the SOHO house.
Speaker 1: I love that for us.
Speaker 2: Your wait, you're a member.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, honey, all houses?
Speaker 1: Oh the intern A card.
Speaker 4: I love that for us.
Speaker 1: And you've never bumped into anybody at any of the houses that yeah, take four of these boxes.
Speaker 4: So this is another bad I don't think I really pay attention. It's like you got to approach me. I'm more likely I wan't approach you because I'm just so focused and into what I'm doing that i don't really pay attention to my peripherals. And I've never been like boy crazy, Like I'm not the type of person like gonn watch it and be like, oh he found or I need to get his number done. I was never like that, so it's like you gotta approach me or say something to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Kaitlyn, you missed one hundred percent of the shots that you don't take me exactly right.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: You need to take sports, take off those thick work glasses and like see some shit. You know, let some people like like just oh, I love window shopping, you know what I mean. I already got my clothes on. I don't need any more clothes, but sometimes it's fun to look. You know, I'm gay, but I'm not blind. My eyes deserve this deserves a little eye candy.
Speaker 1: You know. So what that means you be flirting with people in the park.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just like to look like you see it, you see it?
Speaker 2: Like like, I I never really had a type.
Speaker 3: I knew what kind of person I kind of wanted, but I like, not until a year ago I kind of manifested what my type was. I was like, I want this person to look like this. Boom boom boom, and then the Lord gave it to me, give.
Speaker 5: It so amenah, So you know sometimes you you don't flirt or know what to look for in a person because you don't have that kind of like, oh, this is what I want the person to kind of look like, uh huh.
Speaker 1: I'm on the other side of that, I say, flirt with everybody.
Speaker 4: Wait, what's your sign?
Speaker 1: I'm a libra.
Speaker 4: Oh, Tory is a libra. That's my best friend.
Speaker 1: That's my best friend.
Speaker 2: Well, Kaylyn, she already has a best friend.
Speaker 1: You're right, And I mean, but Kaylen, we can go u we can go look for people together.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a two for one deal.
Speaker 4: I would I would trust both of you to find me a man.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what, Maria is really good when let me tell you.
Speaker 3: When she's at the party, she's taking several laps and the lapse is for her to look who's in the room, what she wants.
Speaker 1: It's not even it's not even to see what I want. It's just so people can one see what I got on.
Speaker 2: You need her see me her.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's wearing a luk or she's wearing a week specific to the event, and two so I can see who's in the room. Like sometimes you go out and you sit with your friends you find a little place and you just camp out there, and there's a whole other chunk of the party that one is not seeing you or you're not seeing because y'all didn't move.
Speaker 2: You gotta stop camping.
Speaker 3: Stop coming to the party and camping out in the corner and getting all the snacks and just eating the snacks like little squirrels.
Speaker 1: Take take a lap. You see somebody who has something on that you think is cute, male female, compliment them, start a conversation. You never know who you're talking to.
Speaker 4: Honestly, now, I will do that and trust and believe every time Caitlin steps out the hell he giving a look to Oh.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I know you got a hard bottom shoe on.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know it, baby in a good little heel, Okay, at.
Speaker 2: Op it and you know what, you know, a good time.
Speaker 3: You know what else is like when you're with someone that's fun, you're automatically going to be laughing loud.
Speaker 2: So people are gonna see that to hear that me and Marie are laughing, We're like, we're like the little.
Speaker 3: Hyaenas and lion king laughing. So people sometimes we laugh so hard people think we're laughing at them. But it's just we are no, no, my gosh, we're nice.
Speaker 2: We're laughing at girl.
Speaker 1: We're nice. We're nicely laughing at people. Girls.
Speaker 2: My gosh.
Speaker 3: Now, Kaitlin, if you find your partner right and you want to start a family, do you think you'll only have one kid?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I want more than one.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, because the going back, well.
Speaker 4: I think what I missed out on was I think family, you know, like I missed out on because I see like other people and see how close they are with their family, and I'm like, I never had that because it was kind of just like me and every everybody else was so old and then everybody had like their own little, you know, smaller family things, you know, and so I don't think I ever got to really experience that. And I want my kids to be able to have somebody that they can call that you know, knows them in through and through, you know. And so I definitely want my kids to have siblings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think for you it's it's especially important to do it this way because you don't really have any cousins, right, So, like for most people, your cousins are like your first best friends, right, because especially if you're close in age, So those are also people that you can talk to as like kind of backup siblings. So yeah, as an only child, they wouldn't. You don't have siblings, so they wouldn't have cousins.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fay, It's okay, we gonna.
Speaker 1: Work, Okay, So we want to have like three kids? Four kids? Gets you doing four?
Speaker 2: Four? That's four? That's too many, Kaitlin, that's too many.
Speaker 1: You asked four questions and he wants four.
Speaker 4: Kids, even the exactly that Andrew got it.
Speaker 2: I see the Beyonce portrait in the back, Yeah, I realized I.
Speaker 1: Was Beyonce in the background the queen. Is that from I Am King?
Speaker 4: Or yes? Well that was from the London Lion King premiere? A girl painted on Twitter and I was like, can I buy it from you? And now I bought it from her?
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel good to have money yet?
Speaker 2: Him? Yeah, it's a beautiful way.
Speaker 3: But I think it's also wonderful to have money when you were already like you know yourself and you know what you want and you're not frivolous, and you know what you deserve and uh, you want to share it. With you know, a close friend, and you know random people that you met on the Unofficial Zoom Podcast. Yeah, honestly, exactly, Kaylin. We love I mean, you know what the thing is that I want to have like a family too, like like you. But I don't think I four is too many, just because I know that I am learning so much about myself that I'm still selfish and four kids, that's a lot I have to give up. It's already a lot that I have to give up for one that excites me.
Speaker 4: It excites you, It excites me. It excites me to be able to work and be able to provide a life and create a legacy for my children, and that by the time I have kids, I've done everything that I wanted to do. I've lived out all my dreams and aspirations, and now it's time for me to take the fruits of my labor and give them to you so that you can make all your dreams and aspirations school legacy. I've done everything that I want to do, you know, I don't. Everything I do now is just a bonus.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cry, Sidney, don't cry.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: What you should do is name your firstborn child legacy.
Speaker 2: My first child is going to be kailing Allen the second.
Speaker 1: Not y'all co parenting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're going to see your father on the weekend.
Speaker 1: That's really funny. I like legacy, so I wrote it down and I put a box around it. Yeah, I don't think that I'm going to have children. I'm on the complete opposite.
Speaker 2: End of the spectrum as you guys really talk to us about.
Speaker 1: I don't like kids, And the older I get, the less I want to think about I gotta I have to keep this person alive. Plus I gotta raise them to be a good person. Plus I gotta teach them how to not pee on themselves and cross the street. Like it's it seems like a lot you want. You want to raise a happy kid, but you also want them to be smart, and then you also have to make sure they don't turn into a serial killer. Like that's m I feel like too much work for me.
Speaker 3: A lot of weight, a lot of waiters on it, and we don't really give uh more people more parents props when you do meet like really good like your parents awesome that they raised such a well rounded, smart individual that doesn't need anybody that's handsome, knows how to dress and very talented.
Speaker 1: But thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I Marie. I love your parents. I love them so much. I'm so glad that you're here. But you know, to get to where you are and where.
Speaker 3: Kaelen is, it's it's I mean, I can't even think about doing that for someone, right.
Speaker 1: It is a lot. It is a lot because you got to think about it, Like, Kaylyn, what do your parents do?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: Actually, my mother works from she don't work anymore. She's at home and I basically take care of her at this point. But she she she used to work in human resources.
Speaker 1: Wow, what's your mother's name? A Lois Lois Lois Lois.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love a lowist at my job because I know that when I come with the HR bullshit, she's gonna get on it. She's gonna have the paperwork and she's gonna quickly hold one second what you said.
Speaker 1: She's gonna say, well, Sydney, what time have you been shown up for work?
Speaker 4: Yep, She'll take care of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marie, that's you. That's personal.
Speaker 1: It's just asking alois is asking real questions. You're having a hard time at work. Well, it says here that you've been shown up at ten am every day. You know your your shift starts at nine, right, A.
Speaker 3: Lois I will, Well, I'll say a Lois will the weight of the world. It stops me from getting to work on time.
Speaker 1: And you know, as a black woman, is that what you're saying? You in my office in front of my portrait of my son?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, oh my god, yeah, the weight of the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, so what's next for you, Caitlin? Like it sounds like I mean, because a lot of people think when they think only children, they think spoiled, selfish, bossy, not good with talking to people. But it seems like you kind of got it figured out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what is Oh, you know, it's way versus depends.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody has it all figured out right, right, right, right right? What were you saying, Sid?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Kayln got a contract that he just signed. He can't say much about it about his mass.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I can say, is I am?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: I always knew that I wanted to be on TV. I knew that I wanted to be in that space. I didn't really want to remain in the digital space. So what I can tell you is that I will be on TV in more ways than one.
Speaker 3: In my eyes, you were already on TV in more ways than one. So I'm glad that it's uh in fruition.
Speaker 2: So good for you.
Speaker 1: Expand are you the new Indy Williams? How you doing? You do?
Speaker 4: Shut it up?
Speaker 3: Well, Kaylan, I really really enjoyed this. This was so much fun. I really feel like, you know, only children do get a bad rap, and you you showed it's another way. You showed us the way, the Kaylin Allen way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if you proved anything wrong about but I will say I see you with a cello in the background, and that feels like an only child. That's instrument in the back, uh huh given Like my mom only to buy one instrument and this is the one that she bought. Like my dad had to buy three instruments. So it was like clarinet, saxophone, viola, but big ass cello in the back.
Speaker 4: See I wanted. When I chose, I was like, I want the biggest instrument, but I couldn't. The base went fit in the car so but the cello did. So I picked the chello, So why cello and not tuba? Tuba is big as hell? No, yeah, no, I love the like the musicality of the string instrument, you know, to play in the orchestra. Oh, the melodies.
Speaker 1: Well, then why not choose harp because the harp is bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Oh that's hard though, That's hard to do, and I don't know where that heart was gonna go.
Speaker 1: But it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: There's a girl on Instagram who like does covers on her harp and it's just a it's gorgeous. We love anyway, Kaitlyn, you got some stuff in the works. We will be seeing you on TV. Is there anything that you feel like you didn't say that you want to get off your chest about being an only child or the person that you're looking for, or the children you're gonna have named legacy.
Speaker 2: Or the host or the hosts that you just met today.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 4: I think this was a great time. I truly enjoyed it. And I'm telling you, when I come to New York, we got to hang out. I'll be there soon, you know, filming some things, so we're gonna have to do it.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: I love this for us.
Speaker 1: Couragees Sidney, any of the questions that you felt like you need to go off your justice?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can you let the people know where you are on the Instagrams, the twitters where like if you're on the TikTok.
Speaker 1: Where they can find Tory?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I make it very easy. You can buy me everywhere at the Kaitlin Allen literally everywhere. You just type in at you will find me and Tory will be tak and something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna friend Tory first.
Speaker 4: I'm like, there you are. Oh you love Torri. You'll love each other.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, okay, Thank you guys so much for listening. Oh Andrew, did you have any questions? Because you know I'll see you up there in the little window. No, this is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming on Kiln.
Speaker 4: I love everything that you're doing.
Speaker 2: It is so great to see, uh, you know, a more effeminate.
Speaker 1: Gay man on television. I love that you must get.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for spending an hour with us.
Speaker 4: Of course, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh wait, oh wait, I needed to plug you know. My solo show is this Saturday at Union Hall in New York City. And Marie is doing a set before my for my show.
Speaker 4: So wait, is it comedy.
Speaker 2: It's it's a solo show about my about my childhood, and it is funny.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, okay. And Marie is a stand up so yes, comedy is involved. And Andrew is helping me. So it's a it's a family affair.
Speaker 2: Actually, I love that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll do what we can, you know, we do what we can for the community.
Speaker 3: Yes, So get those tickets. I mean it's probably already sold out by this time. You listen to this, But what's okay?
Speaker 1: Well you tried?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bye, Love you guys, Forever.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: This has been a Forever Dog production. The Unofficial Expert is Executive produced by Brett Boham, Joe Silio and Alex Ramsey. Senior producer Tracy Soren, Produced by Andrew McGuire.
Speaker 4: Cover art by Sandy Hoenig.
Speaker 1: To listen to this podcast ad free, sign up for Forever Dog Plus at Foreverdog Podcasts dot com slash plus.
Speaker 6: Check out video clips of our podcasts on YouTube at YouTube dot com slash Forever Dog Team, and make sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at Forever Dog team to keep up with all the latest Forever Dog news.