Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates.
Speaker 2: Law dot com. Ryan is on the phone today for a first day follow up and he's getting ghosted by Chloe. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Ryan, how long has it been since you heard from Chloe?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, it's been probably about a week, maybe a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We went on a date. Everything we were really really good. We ended up like taking her dog, this little Pomeranian named Noodle, to a dog friendly of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it was super chill, like I mean I thought everything went well, like I mean, we were sipping on craft beers. I mean, we played like one of those giant Jinga games, like we watched nud Go over and like charm everybody else that was hanging out of the brewery, Like, I mean, it was great.
Speaker 2: What do you think happened?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I thought she was awesome, Like, I mean she's just super short, man, Like, whit do you in a way that like really just kind of keeps you on your toes, and like she loves dogs, like really loves her dog.
Speaker 5: But I mean that's cool, Like she's got a big heart.
Speaker 4: Like I mean we even like shared a pretzel, and I mean that's basically like a relationship milestone.
Speaker 2: Is it press sharing a pretzel and then comes marriage.
Speaker 4: I guess, well, you know, because I've been on dates where like it's all like small talk and just fake laughs and stuff like that. But like when I was hanging out with her, like it just felt different, like like we were actually connected with each.
Speaker 6: Other, Like you could tell that she was into you too.
Speaker 4: I mean like it just felt like we had a connection, like we were having like a really deep like conversation and like I don't know, it was just like the best way to describe it, with.
Speaker 5: The risk of sounding cliche, it's chemistry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not cliche at all. Chemistry is big. You don't have that with everybody. So then what do you think could have gone wrong?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Like was there a moment where anything got awkward or did you do something?
Speaker 5: I mean, there was like a moment where like Noodles.
Speaker 4: Kind of like ran away, Like I mean I swore I had it, but like he kind of like whiggled out of my out of his harness and then just kind of bolted And it took like six of us and like one like really athletic bartender to like catch him.
Speaker 6: Wait, so like this is a big moment.
Speaker 4: She just kind of wiggled it out and like bolted, you know, Like I mean, Chloe thought it was my fault. She like mighta screened, like you have one job, Rian like in front of everybody.
Speaker 5: But like, what can we ask you?
Speaker 2: How the date was?
Speaker 6: This is a big thing to talk about.
Speaker 5: Everything else about the day was awesome.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well then how did a random bartender get involved to help you get the dog?
Speaker 4: Well, it's all the dog running and it was like a dog friendly brewery and so he ran over to help.
Speaker 6: Okay, that was nice. What did you do when the dog got away? Did you try to get it too?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, absolutely I tried to get it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: How did she react after Noodle came back? Was she fine? Did she go back to normal or was she irritated?
Speaker 4: I mean she was a little irritated, but like not in like a like a big way, Like she wasn't mad mad m.
Speaker 6: Probably should got noodle back. Did you guys case or anything?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see we can help you out. We'll play a song come back, and then call her and get your first day follow up, Next first.
Speaker 1: Date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates law dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up, Ryan is on the phone, and Ryan is getting ghosted by Chloe. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Ryan, why don't you kind of recap your situation for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I went on a date with Chloe and her pomeranian Noodle, and we had a good time. I did lose Noodle for a brief moment, but we got back and yeah, I don't know everything else about. The date went really really well and we vibed and we had a really good time. And so like, I just want to see why she's not calling me to bed.
Speaker 2: And the reason you think you might be getting ghosted is because you did lose her pomeranian for a minute, The.
Speaker 4: Only possible reason I could think of, because everything else went, so, well, all.
Speaker 2: Right, cool, are you ready for us to call her? I am okay, here we go. Hello him, I speak to Chloe. Please. This is hurt Hey, Chloe, how are you. My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 6: Hi, Chloe. I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 2: This is a radio show called The Jebel Show. Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 7: I just didn't know you guys actually called people.
Speaker 2: This is yes, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I'm doing some cliffs on TikTok, but I just didn't think.
Speaker 7: I was just not expecting to hear from the radio this morning.
Speaker 2: Well we weren't expecting to talk to you today, Chloe, but now we are. It's great. Look at that. It's in the world. Cool, Chloe. We're calling you because we do a segment on our show. It's called the First Day follow Up. It's where if you go out on a date with somebody and they end up ghosting you, that person can email us to get you on the phone and see why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from a dude named Ryan. Mmmm mm.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ryan told us about your date. He thought that you guys hit it off. He said that everything was great, that you were amazing, Your dog Noodle was awesome.
Speaker 6: Are you ghosting him on purpose?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: You mind telling us why?
Speaker 3: Well, she's a nice guy, but I just can't date someone who is completely irresponsible with my child. Okay, you have a kid, my dog, My dog Noodle is my child.
Speaker 5: I didn't lose him on purpose.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: He's a tiny dog with the speed of a greyhound. Like I didn't intentionally lose new Chloe.
Speaker 2: That's Ryan. He's actually on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: I think, yes, you did drop the leash, Ryan, He just dropped it.
Speaker 4: I mean technically he wiggled out of the harness, but yes, I mean my hands were ones involved.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Then they were laughing about it. You were just laughing while we were chasing him.
Speaker 4: I mean it was kind of funny, like the bartender dove at him, like he was like in the Olympics or something like that. Like, I mean, it was there was something out of a stick bomb.
Speaker 5: There was a busy road right there.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's a little dog. Drivers can't see him. I mean he knows much to go on the street, but if people are chasing him, he scared. I mean it's a serious thing. The point is that you were careless, and I mean I don't I can't trust you with Noodle, So how can I trust you?
Speaker 4: But he's fine and we got him back and he's not hurt, and like he even got like free treats from the staff and stuff like that, Like Noodles seemed like he was a good time.
Speaker 7: I mean, it doesn't matter if Noodle's having a good time before I gets hit by a car. I just I can't. I see, that dog has been with me for the last ten years. I can't have someone who just just dropped his leash and thinks it's okay in a busy I mean, yeah, it's just so.
Speaker 6: I get how terrifying that moment is, especially Chloe, Like you know, you're terrified for for Noodle in the moment, But stuff like that happens and it sucks, it's not awesome, but Noodle is okay. And I mean it sounds like there's a little bit of remorse there, like you feel bad that you drop the.
Speaker 2: Leash, right, Yeah, absolutely, see.
Speaker 6: Ryan does feel bad, So it's like that's probably something he's not going to do again. Is this something that you're really going to hold against him, Chloe?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am going to hold him accountable for this. I had to take middle to therapy because of this instead.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, wait wait you took your dog to therapy?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, he goes to medium and he goes Well, she's never had to go to a therapist before, but now he is because of you, Ryan, Because of you.
Speaker 5: Okay, And pet.
Speaker 7: Insurance does not cover therapy, so I should really be sending you the bill.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, because pet insurance probably doesn't see it as a necessary treatment for a dog.
Speaker 5: Oh how can dare you?
Speaker 6: How scare you?
Speaker 7: Ryan?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, guys when when I had you, guys call her like, I had no idea that that it was it.
Speaker 2: Was like this that you scarred a dog for life.
Speaker 5: Sure that that's that's what we'll go with.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh Dian.
Speaker 7: At this point, I think the only appropriate thing would be for you to apologize to Noodle. That would go a long way to repair kind of my betrayed trust.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, because I just want to clarify, So because I dropped oish you want me to apologize to your dog that you put into therapy because I traumatized him by dropping his.
Speaker 7: Way, dropped the leash and laughed while chasing him like laught during it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does does Noodles have any like group therapy sessions?
Speaker 5: I could maybe like come in.
Speaker 2: Like, would you would you like to go on another date with Ryan? Will pay for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You'll pay for it?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 7: No, there there will not be a second date with Ryan. Would you guys be willing to take that same money and give it to me for Noodle's therapy? Because Ryan seems like a dead beat.
Speaker 2: You know what. It was reserved for people who go out on a date. So I really can't do that. But maybe Ryan can find it in his heart to send you some cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, checks in the mail.
Speaker 4: Tell Noodle I apologize and make sure that you put some of side for his trust fund.
Speaker 6: Okay, you will first date, follow up