Speaker 1: He liked the Memphis and I like the we like. Listen, they're playing against each other as a national championships and Mario hit that shot was hurting the old time love.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the O G. S. It is a Playmaker original presented by Draft Kings. A big, big shout out today. Lounge here smoking cigars, drinking good whiskey in Vegas. Appreciate y'all having us a resort world. Man, we have two special guests. Man, oh G's for real g O G double O G.
Speaker 3: We need him. We need him out here.
Speaker 1: We need some O.
Speaker 2: G's out here. Coch Yeah, fellas, appreciate y'all coming in here. Man, That is when we need the action. We need the action. Talk talk about growing up obviously, and we'll get right into talk about just growing up in Philly and y'all playing hooping together. Like what was that vibe like between two?
Speaker 3: You know, I got people to feel. I'm just like got people.
Speaker 1: He ain't got people.
Speaker 2: All down South.
Speaker 3: I see him at fairly Reewis and I don't go to them no more. When I got people in feeling. That's why we get. That's how Southfield. I only see him at family reunions and I ain't been in one of the years.
Speaker 2: So North Southfield we got problems.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We played We played au with with Dion. Yeah he was ten, eleven years old. Yeah, looks is that you talk? You know he got that still he ain't he believes, still still coming and Jimmy walking, you could be out of it, don't even matter, still killing you still got.
Speaker 3: I don't understand that. But boy, whatever you say it what you.
Speaker 1: A good side for real. Growing up in the city, man, Like in North Philly, it was fun. Like it was fun because we had each other and we had a lot of friends. So like before we even was doing who we was like playing football just in the neighborhood, right like, so we've always like been connected to like a lot of people, like even in South Philly. Went we went to high school in South Philly. A lot of our friends was from a different part of Philly, so we like well rounded in the entire city. So it was cool. Man, played in all the outside, every last one every at play, Like.
Speaker 2: I know, I know when you see.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with the doing. I just came from practice with the heat and I'm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to Yeah, you know you're going to some ship right now.
Speaker 3: They do. I see it on Instagram. They they be still hooping like they still.
Speaker 1: We just had had like forty we're just fifty over. League were out there. It's just fun. Man. It's like we try to stay. We could play with the homies. The boys like it. You know, I got three boys. He got too, so they like coming to the games. All boys love. I gotta one one girl. I got three boys to man two, four and six. So I'm in the thick love it. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fun, I know they I know they just be like damn here again when you all just pull up for the parks all.
Speaker 1: The time, like a bunch of them, like we was doing that. And I at a small scale that was like to come off South, give me, let me get some George is two hundred. I'll be out there in the second.
Speaker 3: Because I kids, I don't know if our kids have ever experienced those things. Because it's the workout culture. They're gonna get to the gym and they got a coach and he gonna do all that. And and my son I took this play. I took him to play pick up one day and he lost, and he had kept looked at me, talk abou when I'm gonna get back on. This is what happened when you lose at the ball, waiting for five games, you're looking at me for win the next game. They don't understand that, like you know what I'm saying, because it's that workout culture. They go to the gym, they put two hours working post that, and they think they got it.
Speaker 1: We're loved different too, Like we actually loved that, all right.
Speaker 2: So we grow up hooping North Philly in the park getting Jordans and two hundred bucks. How big was that check? When y'all went to Kansas.
Speaker 3: They got a check from Florida got I would have it was my room, man. I know he did.
Speaker 1: God damn killing you.
Speaker 3: I was there with him. I know what he got. You do go ahead, man asked the question for that killer.
Speaker 1: I can say that though, man, Like you know, it's we've been in the league for a while. We did get something. The first tell you we were sold on tradition. Yeah we were so yeah, because really we wasn't. We wasn't recruited by Kansas, so we were going to Memphis. We were going to act. Colin Perry was the coach. You know what I'm saying. I wasn't wasn't recruited by cann't. We was committed to Memphis for a year and a half. Yeah we heard we got we got when that uh college? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And we was like all right, well, we're going to do a year of prep school anyway. So we had to come out the commitment. And a mentor of ours like was watching Kansas a lot and he was like, Yo, they get forwards to the league. That's what Bill South do. I'm like, who know one of my homies about that? Bro? We didn't watch college basketball at all young even like we weren't. To be honest, bro, like before we met this man's name was Dan Brinkley. He wasn't even talking about playing basket like that isn't Yeah, this was our now. He followed us home, real real talk. He followed his home in high school, knocked on the door and basically was like told my mom, if you if you allowed the boys to like work with me, I can get him to go to college for free. That was the whole conversation. How old are you at the time. He was like for real. Yeah, we would play like wreck, but we were bumping playing organ No, No, that's when we got just started. Yeah, we just started. So it was like we was playing football. We wasn't really in hoping in the family, like the nothing that was, like nobody in the family went to college. My only only athlete for real, we had we had a cousin that played football and my uncle was a boxer. Outside of that, I'm sorry, listen, I gonna tell you what.
Speaker 3: Thanks show anybody that know anything if you show up to a black mama house and say you can get their son in college from so so so college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it was local college too. I keep him out of trouble, I get him in school. So it was all local too. We were talking about like the temples of Lasalles, like you know, the low to me whatever, you know what I'm saying. It was in Philly, like we never even thought about none of that, and then you know, it started to happen.
Speaker 2: So this is dopest, So talk to me. Then, So that happened, you're thirteen, fourteen, whatever? What changed from that point on? And like did he was?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Was it just opportunity?
Speaker 1: Was it was?
Speaker 2: It working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just started working, like we didn't play. We played freshman basketball in ninth grade year school called Saint John Newman, right and it was in South Philly, and they kicked us out because we was always late, so far from the crib. From the crib. It was like we literally got to be at school, like you get the marriage, you got attention in the morning. We got to be there at six thirty. Like it was like, bro, can't do this. I couldn't do it. And kicking us out. We went back to our neighborhood school. And then that's when she started turning around.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, my mom went to the schools. Do y'all disagree? Y'all always on the same page. Uh, we disagree with everything, Like every decision seem like every decision y'all was making together.
Speaker 1: We agreed to disagree where it'd be like, you know what if this happened, I'm going with this and here like that happened then, Like that's how we went to school to be We played the game. Settle our differences in the game. In my second Yeah, we get in the game, beat me in the game for something pissing me off.
Speaker 3: You gotta eat that all day to live with all days.
Speaker 1: Up twenty one night around the crib like not even man, that my kids. It was my kids. Fun man, they fought all in my head and I can't focus on the game. Yeah, but going to even even with our decision to change schools from Memphis to Kansas, we were sitting in the in the crib and my grandma crib and we like, he liked the Memphis and I like love Mephis were like, listen, they're playing against each other's a national championship right at school and Mario hit that shot. My stomach was hurting old time. We're gonna have to go to Memphis. Dog want to go to Memphis. Here we're gonna rock out, and then he hit the shot.
Speaker 3: The whole by the way, that's the funny in the.
Speaker 1: World right there, all where y'all going based on who ones and that we always just like you know what I mean, We always like get affirmations from each other, like you know what I'm saying, but we always disagree, right can you When we're gonna do what you say, I went I'm feeling this way, and then we're gonna do what I say. Like both good, both good know what I'm saying. Yeah, just figured that.
Speaker 2: So can't talk talk Kansas though obviously Bill self legendary dude now that you actually know.
Speaker 3: Him coaches coming from the coach coming from Philly, I don't know. I know nothing about can.
Speaker 1: We had our first workout in front of him. We thought we was going hard, and he always tells the story the name Joe Dooley coach. They always tell the story like you can't watch his workout. You know, we're in there dunk and we we we felt like we're doing we're doing something. He like, yo scutled one a team. What y'all thought that workout was? We was like like a six seven. We were going crazy. Like no, that's like a negative, negative because you're talking about huh. It's just it's just that different college and high school. Okay, Yeah, it's like that love the standard that were playing with guys in Lasle and the colleges around that we were standing toe to toe to you know what I'm saying. Then it's like the Kansas and it's like a whole different shape over, different mentality, a whole different platform, a whole different like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: After but after going through we all know this. Man, you think you're working hard in high school, you ain't. You think you're working hard. In college, you ain't working hard. You think you work hard. It's like finally you're like, damn, I'm working hard on working hard, you know what I mean? Like that's that that ain't no one's fault. But it's just life. That's life.
Speaker 1: That's all like a giffing the curse for us going to kids, it was like the curse part at first, like we was like, damn, bro Like, it can't be this hard. It can't be like it was extremely hard. Bro Like, it was just like literally both was like we out. It was never really like into like like crazy school, right. So when we got in there, we're like, Yo, we're gonna do this. We're gonna take this u our course right here, and we're gonna and this is what we're gonna do to get through school. We're gonna change that, you know what I'm saying. It's gonna be our major. We're gonna do it. Was communications, we're gonna really lock into school. We walked into that, they was working this. I'm like, yo, change my major. Yeah I can't. But that's and that both together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, how how long we was that Florida til Billy caught us and off?
Speaker 2: About a month and a half.
Speaker 3: Month and a half Billy called in office.
Speaker 1: This is that?
Speaker 3: That's true story too. You want to tell a story.
Speaker 2: We literally get called in before practice by the start, so I think, you know, I mean like he gonna call us in there talking about hey, come with the business, y'all gotta leaders, blah blah blah. We sit down and I'm not. I'm not. We sit down as me and him right here and coach down across the desk. He looks at y'all two doing I look, I ain't gonna lie. I've been grinding. You did wrong the same thing I looked at you. What you what I've been. I've been in the weight room, I've been get my job. I'm grinding because I don't I hate. I hated school. I knew I wanted to he hates.
Speaker 3: I just wasn't good at it.
Speaker 2: So we sitting there, I was like, yo, dog, what he said if the season started that come play neither of you both? You gotta for now Ford And I was like, damn, I got a D.
Speaker 3: And right then I knew I had to start trying. I have been trying. I've been going to the study session, I have been doing my home. The man told me I ain't emailed right then, I said, I got a cheat. I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 2: But we feel, we feel what y'all feel hard.
Speaker 1: I'm losing a bunch of weight, like I love, I love stress, stressed out in school like it was our first year for sure, and then he was on that. So that's the only part too, is because it's both of us. If one did something, we both got blak, like we both really would like if I I'm talking about I would look at the stop the wrong way. I was telling to stop doing it. He get in trouble. You're like, man, listen, I'm not doing that running ran all up there and do all this dirty man, I ain't doing it. Run it till I run it till I hate. I stopped liking y'all running nice to be like, yo, we don't even know just touching.
Speaker 3: We used to run twenty and twenty twenty suicide in twenty minutes. We got thirty five seconds running. You got twenty five seconds. What are you talking about? Twenty suicide line? In the back and line it back. We're gonna do twintt man, I don't even think.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, like you're a gangster.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. That was the one to beat Mike up.
Speaker 1: That was about quit.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. Never passed it about I was. I looked at like, I no.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you. You got that.
Speaker 3: I gave you everything, gave you everything, I got a bunch of times he looked at me like, bitch, you don't get your hand. I gave you everything. Sorry, I don't know, he might say, I did. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I was. I was there like and then start kicking in when you at like five, you start seeing the number had five and I'm like, there's no way, and the number thirty like done. I started looking down the line like it's coming, like I just stop, literally stopped all the time with all that, that was like the best thing that ever happened to us. Like you know how you when I said the curse in the beginning, you see it, You're like, what the going on? And then you get on the other side of it, and like we was, we was about to transfer. So we went we went to office. We done like at what point? What point?
Speaker 2: Our freshman year after first after freshman year, so you got through all the your freshman year and they're like, yo, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Of here, and I actually all right, Like we didn't have bad years. It was me. So it was like, bro, now you know what, we're gonna go in here together. We're talking to each other. We're gonna go a here together. We're gonna tell him we're done, send us back home. We straight, we're gonna go back to school.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Went He looked at it. He started laughing, like, yo, ma at the I said, God worked like that? You know what that? What did y'all say? You said what you wanted? He could just do that? That's like he can't even like you can't. Ain't nothing we could do about that, like like just calling my mom like we said we want to leave, you know, He's like, yeah, you go about you walked it up, like man, we tell this, yeah, we want to so confident like like like twenty minutes later each other like that did not go as plans, Like yo, what just happened? So he didn't get y'all no doubt, just laughing man, like got there. We was we was in eligible coming in the college, right, so they did you know, they helped us get eligible a lot of there was a lot of behind it. Yeah, basically that's what he was like, we did all this, yet.
Speaker 3: Ain't ga.
Speaker 1: Was a gang all that. There's another reason why we thankful for him because if he just said go.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, who knows what would have happened, But gosh, damn it a little blessed we.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have worked that hard. Because when he said no, that's when we had a conversation with each other, like man, we just go all right, well he said, we ain't going like you say not, let me know, so like that's just that's changed up. And even though put on twenty pounds that summer, like that changed our whole career. Like he was like, no, we called the strength of conditioning coach, Like yo, we and this bitch two times a day running sting. That's why I had nothing to do with the NBA. We never even thought about it. We were just talking about making it in Kansas, like we was like making he thought, hold up.
Speaker 2: So the NBA was never even when y'all when y'all mad and.
Speaker 3: Said fourteen, ain't worry about no basketball.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. But what I'm saying, but when you're in Kansas, you're doing Kansas.
Speaker 1: We didn't even know like the magnitude of other Kansas like even going there. Really we were just that's that's literally the man. He was there too, And I didn't know who that was. I was like, all we know is what feeling well, Philly guy play will that's the person person we know.
Speaker 3: So when did the NBA become a reality to y'all? When did you be like, damn, we might might be a politic sophomore year. Our sophomore year, that's when it that's when it really clicked. Like he started having a whole lot of success. Like he was having success our freshman year and towards the end, but our sophomore year that's when it start going. He was a starter, and it was like, yo, they started to show you more draft boards, you know, the draft ward like because we ain't got no agents or nothing like that, Like we ain't talking about the NBA. We just moms in Kansas with us. We just living a life, like.
Speaker 2: Linna be one of the more gangsters in the world. Is that you guys go thirteen and fourteen in the draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that man, And that was even crazy how that because even with us like getting better and we knew we was going to go, it was like, all right, I was playing more, you know what I'm saying. So my name was stamped in there like for a while up talk about that. We've been talking about this all the time. Like I said it, I was leading the big twelve and rebounds, field goal presenters, blocks, three point like eight different things. Second team, I'm like, what the and then don't get no type of all American looks. I'm like, hold the up, Like all right, sophomore year, he went out every every camp that you can think of, all every camp.
Speaker 3: I was at the crib. Really take both, y'all. She was your fire.
Speaker 1: But I was cooking though, So it wasn't like I wasn't like already cooking. I'm looking for that. Almost more frustrated than that's never twins, Like because twins they put me as a representation. We got one of them up there, You're gonna represent both of them, you know what I'm saying. That's another like gifting the curse when when I when I came out, they ain't had me getting drafted at all.
Speaker 2: So we gotta talk about this and this is fun. So you walk in the draft night, you still don't know. Obviously, you're probably you have a pretty good feel about where you're going.
Speaker 1: We kind of now. But by this time we know there that I wasn't. I didn't have no uh no workouts.
Speaker 3: Like wait a minute, So so when you but you wasn't on nobody.
Speaker 1: Draft, they end up inviting me to the combin. Ain't even had I went from doing all that to being in the top. Yeah, that's it. Yeah, can get away from Covin beating the ass the whole time in college that you're trying to act like it was just him. I was like, what the you? He loves.
Speaker 3: When you get your chance.
Speaker 1: Went to the combine and all of a sudden, they invited them to the green room combine comedy work as you do. They're like six. We worked out for the same teams. They worked out for the same team, the team that both of us were the only teams we worked out together for Rocks and Phoenix.
Speaker 3: It's a young fella from Miami right now that's going to a committed Kansas cold. As he jumped up a grade, right, Yeah, you know, went did O T one. He was at the same high school as my son. He was at Florida Christian coach coach old Son coaching. Joe Son was coaching at Florida Christian. Did one year at O T E, went to top one hundred camp. Not no, no, nobody's board, went the top one hundred camp. Killed that to walk that top teamer Kansas on the board.
Speaker 1: And had another year of college in high school and doing the high school for another year. I've seen him, so I was like, we were talking about him like gonna be a good kid. Let me ask you this question, and I apologize. I'm sure you've had it a million times, but I have to know you guys get drafted thirteen to fourteen. Is that the first time you ever played basketball on different teams? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like apart, Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It was different in the beginning, but you know what, it was a lockout year. Yeah. Yeah, So we had six months to just like do us like you know what I'm saying so about it and it's like, all right, you can go to your team. We just maxed out like the way we was living. So and then I went to the G League too. I was a D League when I was Darryl Moore is stupid. I was just in Philly with this super I went to the G League and that, yeah, because I was just coming from Player of the Year and all this, and then I'm watching him switching from Okay, I'm in the king now he making the freshman all started game and all that crazy. I'm not even playing no games. I'm like, you reverse, there's one time when we can. I come to Houston match up for the first time. They sent him to the.
Speaker 3: No I'm about to about to match up was about five turnaround jumpers right there.
Speaker 1: I was like, God, damn, you keep making this. I was bad than the bitch, so it wasn't really that bad.
Speaker 3: That was you.
Speaker 2: I came.
Speaker 1: I came after that.
Speaker 3: You hit them five turn around jumpers.
Speaker 1: In my.
Speaker 3: Remember that just another you always remember cookies, got the best of you did. When one is down and the other ones up, y'all obviously that's what keep the other one up. Yeah, you're keeping the other one up. I can watch him, Yeah, celebrate his success, living through him and he living through you, and y'all got each other. Okay, that is always we always like the way the work ethic works is like you know that's going to change if you continue to push it, push that, keep pushing and keep pushing that.
Speaker 1: Listen, it don't matter. It don't matter like what they what box they put you, and if you push that to the limit, you just got to identify what you're not supposed to be. That's sure.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy you said that. It don't matter what box they put you in. They don't put all us in. At some point, we've all been putting the box. At some point, we've all been put in a box and we had to make it a choice. Not except being put in that box. They trying. We all been putting that. It's up to you at home. Do you want to allow them to put you in that box?
Speaker 1: It's staying that much?
Speaker 3: Do you want to get out?
Speaker 1: That's why I be important for like that's in the league, man, pretty man. I had I had Marcus Canby and I had a couple other ones. But like nobody was telling me like I was doing that wrong. You know what I'm saying, Like I just was doing it.
Speaker 2: I used I used to say that. I used to say that when I was obviously it's easier when you're thirty seven. You're still playing and you're doing it. But like, I think the league misunderstood like how important real vets are. But now you got it's it's it's a fine line. So when they throw the back at you gotta be you know, combat them. But like, because some of these vets aren't real vets. Some of these bets at what so so and ie all my kids obviously on this agency side, like they be careful who you surround yourself with. They're gonna act like they're going to bring in some deep waters. They can swim, they've been doing it, they know exactly. But the real vets, man, are the biggest things these teams are missing. I used to tell these man, if you're trying to tell me an eighteen nineten year, ol, kids, is your twelve thirteen, fourteen? He's not playing anyways, Get someone here that's gonna show up for practice everyd show these guys.
Speaker 1: How to work.
Speaker 2: Talk to him as a real dude, like, yo, you right, But the problem is is like there's other vets out there, and y'all know who y'all are for everybody.
Speaker 1: Else exactly don't make sense. It don't make no sense.
Speaker 2: You get the real ones in there though, and I'm telling you they're more important, but you ded to me. But then it was more important that team than the seventh man on.
Speaker 1: That rock, surely, But why is why?
Speaker 3: Why won't because now we're starting to see the success, started to seeing what JJ was able to do. So to see how Indiana all the success they had. Everybody they kept talking about what James Johnson, But I remember that exactly.
Speaker 1: I was able to learn how to do it, like you know what I'm saying, Like when you somebody, some of these guys still in position to be able to play right, and then they even when you're thirty five, you know, we feel like we better when we got old better, like because we know the game, we don't even do as much because I'm gonna get there and now you know, you know how we go. So some guys can't put that to the side, right, Like I can't put like my pride to the side. So I'm not gonna like empowered this young to get better saying he was talking about that hate like that that happens, right, So now they looking at that like you ain't doing it anyway, like we'd rather take a young player that the minimum is two point one or two point two the man. Why would we do that anyway? You ain't gonna lose half Butler young is on the bench, not cheering. The y is not even like that. They can't pass the message? How about that can't pass the message? But it's not grown men no more? You ain't. You ain't.
Speaker 3: You're not around a bunch of hungry muffins. If the coach you gotta be hold accountable and you.
Speaker 1: Got should never get to should never did that last seat even with the n b P a right for us, for us to have that CBA as bad as we did. Right, it should be. It should be and I talked to Iggy about it. It should be a designated seat for a veteran player on every We talked about it, and we talked about two years that shouldn't go against nothing. That should be able to happen because we helping the lead just like that, two years working for making anywhere in the world, anywhere else in the world. You've been working for twenty fifteen plus years. Why when you want to keep him around? You know where the idea came from.
Speaker 3: Raley told me that to a couple of years A real thing saying that, bro, because he was talking about my situation. He's like, Yo, it should be a spot on every NBA team for a guy like you that don't.
Speaker 2: We had those issues though, a lot of those bets, and we'll touch on it, like a lot of those bets. So like, because what you said, yeah thirty five, we're going there, we still bust ass in practice. Separating that though, and why you're not playing. They just appreciate the fact, like at the end of the day, man, and that's why we talk about it, like play as long as you can in this league because there is nothing better than it. One and two, you ain't going to ever have a life like.
Speaker 1: That ever again.
Speaker 2: And that competition you can't. You can't duplicate ever in life. But the problem is, like, yeah, you show up on Thursday in practice and you're busting that. Dude's a You're like, damn, why I playing right for us? As real bets, you understand it. It's called when team ready for me? Right now, this team is doing trying to do this. We're not here yet. If we were here on championship contenders, yes, that's where the bets become.
Speaker 1: Huge fall out the league because of that. But you know when we came in early early in our career, right, it was like the older the older players like we ready to stop. That's when y'all play. Y'all ain't playing until we ready to shop, ain't It ain't just like if we busting y'all ass ye, the best players is gonna play. But the older players is like, we better than y'all. Young fella, I got about two more years left, Like you know what I mean, Let me get my fifteen minutes a game, no matter how it goes. Nowadays, it's like it don't matter how good you actually are. Still like it don't matter once you get to a certain name, it don't even matter about that.
Speaker 2: Here's here's the biggest issue though, Like the championship teams are the smart ones to bring the bets on. The bad teams are the ones that need the best most because you're in the lottery every year and you're let these these talented because if you're if you're getting a lottery pick. Yes, there's some misses, but most of the thing is just if they're walking into a situation and structure that there's not grooming them, and so that's where the vet needs and the most like, yo, all right, you coming to nine thirty tomorrow now. I'll never forget when I was in when I was in Denver my last couple of years, I ain't gonna mention the kid's name, but the ownership came to me said hey, man, we need to work on those kids, jump about or and it just worked. Just word, it's all right, cool, hit them up. I'll be there tomorrow a nine o'clock. It was at nine fifteen. Cool with that, though, I'm like, all right, cool, listen, young fella. I'm thirty eight. I don't really need it. I'll be here tomorrow. Nine shows up at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: I said to them.
Speaker 2: The last time I said, yo, young fella, listened to me, man, just so you know, I got yeah, one more again, I'll be here tomorrow. Nine showed up a nine forty five. I said, he got later and later. Every time I had a boss man, I said, hey, this is ain't it? And this was a lottery pick now.
Speaker 3: And but not the league I know he's talking about.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of that. There's a lot of that going on. But that's why that's why in the league they got to separate it, you know what I'm saying and understand who's good for who? Like you know what I mean, Like they so concerned about this little bit of money, but they only concerned about it with the minimums. The only thing that happened in the CBA is the richest richest rich and the mid turn push them all down. Now everybody looking for a spot is like what.
Speaker 3: They don't understand up top is they need every single locker room. It's one you can't get rid of, can't get rid of and every every single locker room. Most of the time it's one of us, but it ain't want to it ain't most of the time. It ain't gonna be your superstuff. Yeah, you can't get rid of him because what he doing the basketball court, But that's much. It's most likely he's not the guy that's gonna keep you together and the guystanding.
Speaker 1: That the one guy.
Speaker 3: It's one you upstairs need to start identifying that one that keeps your locker room together. And the average is one guy in the locker room. And all the players know it and all the coaches know it. You don't know it's a real thing that it's one guy in every locker room that everybody in that locker room. You know you can't lose you up there, continue to lose that person everybody the way I landed. It ain't me, but I see it all the time. You don't understand the power brotherhood. It's one every locker room you cannot lose. You keep thinking it's your.
Speaker 1: Best player, best player. It ain't him, dum, best players is not the leaders like I don't think that, like I don't. I don't know guys like you can. So they can tell us when they upset and they're not feeling who you think they they're telling us.
Speaker 2: Talking them.
Speaker 1: No, chill, chill, I got them all. You just worry about basketball. I got them a different coming from me, and you didn't coming from a coach exactly. And nowadays the coaches can't even they can't even connect with the younger players.
Speaker 3: The players are getting younger and the coaches getting over.
Speaker 1: He's flipping them out so much like whose the team and your team is like even on the front benches, new guys there every year as well. I'm watching it. I'm watching the six hours with the sixers, bro. They switched the whole team out. Yeah, I'm like, I know, I keep saying this. I'm like, but you're trying to win a championship.
Speaker 3: It's no way.
Speaker 1: How can the first year team where you got your go to do from l A Toronto and they just gonna they're just gonna mess You're gonna you're gonna try to win the champions Hell no, like you gotta y'all gotta learn how to keep basketball basketball. It's so much more politics. The money gotta match now. It's like it's so much money. What are we trying to match up to? You know what I'm saying. It's like, like you bringing the quality of the game down, Like that's what's really happening.
Speaker 2: Quality game is not there is not watching on the on the flip side of it, though, like these dudes keep getting better and better too, if they just would organizing structure.
Speaker 1: I got a court, you got your course, superstar young guys. That's like taking.
Speaker 2: Bigger, fast, stronger. It's unbelievable. And by the way, we can say that finals, those dudes were competing, bro, they were dogging.
Speaker 1: The talent, talent, the youngest young fellas. Like watching them, I'm all for it, Like they got the ball, it's no question. But they need.
Speaker 5: Like us that care to want them to be their best version. I want you to be your best version. I want to sit down the league right now, is you keep you said ten years with Joe and you keep talking about it. I wish I just had a year or two I was there. I love to be with the heat. Trust me, I'm a Heat great and that's that's my home. But just on the other side watching them be and wishing and seeing what he could be. I just wish I had a year or two.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could have helped, but God damn it, you the help asking there because I was there. One thing we ain't gonna do is we ain't. You're gonna have to kill me. I'm gonna kill you. And something don't change.
Speaker 1: I think because they drafted and what it is, they drafted and allow him to grow so much that he got so much control. So now like certain that he's doing I'm not gonna speaking in the locker room, but like certain that he'd be doing you don't see in the league.
Speaker 3: I just wish becauld I see everybody that you know what that could be.
Speaker 1: I came in the league, Like I came to Philly and he did something. I was like, I never seen that, Like I hadn't been on the team where all type and it wasn't It wasn't like some crazy, but in my mind as the guy, it was crazy because just how people could be looking at.
Speaker 3: It, like and it's just us being O G seeing how talented he is and great bro, No, he's just I just want to see that. I want to see the best version of Joel andb I want to see that in shape, healthy best version.
Speaker 1: If he was in shape, he might like right there with how can he be the both the most talented big wanted to be healthy? Joke is able to do.
Speaker 3: But if that man was in shape and healthy and took care his body, taking joy what you're saying it was in shape, it took care his body, it wouldn't be a conversation.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, we say if.
Speaker 1: On that little time I was with Philly Dog, I'm not gonna lie he was having I always remember telling them home and I'm like, just watch the game. No doubt Joe was gonna have twenty and fifteen by halftime, Looten, he gonna limp down the court and give it to you. I'm talking about I was afraid though I've never even seen nobody be like fair for of a player. He coming in a big muffut. They didn't want no recording.
Speaker 2: Really, he really is more frustrated than anything. In my opinion, I love.
Speaker 3: It just like us wish guys we can have impact on that because you know what that could look like.
Speaker 2: Guys like him know like that make the game look so simple. It's frustrating. Rite the same thing. Joker does the same thing, because.
Speaker 3: It's hard to help him understand after you have twenty and fifteen in the first half that you didn't play good. It's hard because he's gonna look at the status like I did. I had to deal with that with Hassan Whiteside. They have a triple double with blocks, and that is hard for me to explain the white you didn't do what we needed you to do. Look at the number. That's not it's not about the numbers. How many times did you roll to the basket like you do that empty status? You know what I'm saying. So it's not a knock on them, but it's hard to get him to understand when they look at the statsinator.
Speaker 2: I feel it, and be's an impossible cover, absolutely possible cover.
Speaker 1: Bro, and he do. That's why it's more impossible. I remember he came here one time. He didn't even shooting layups, like he's not even warming up for the game, stepping like I got who in the menu. I'm like, yeah, you don't need no morem up Jazz step JB for the game two Jack step jab forty Ready to get him to understand he got bad like you drop forty twenty.
Speaker 2: That's like me on the golf course.
Speaker 1: I'm ready. I'm like, I ain't never seen nothing. You know, you go to different teams. I've been on eight teams, like you know what I mean, you was on one, so I got to see so many organizations like this. By the way, it's amazing when you get done with it too and you you look back, it's like now now on this side of things, like damn, I don't even want to deal with that team, but I've seen them over there and I ain't gonna watch it there. It's there's glaring differences when you go to real organizations. They just organization glaring different on TV, like yeah, they spend so much money on the medical. I was like, who told you that? You get that from likes? Is different some things. Don't give us about medical, don't spend a dime on it. Like if you smart, you got money and leave to get your own god damn medical right.
Speaker 2: And actually, one hundred percent what you're saying, especially the really good ones, you should always do it because of the day they're may give me so much money, Like, don't let them be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, your recovery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't let them be a part of that, because at the end of the day, once you once you asked for that, now they're in your life because guess what that guy worked for. Guess what he's gonna say every time, no.
Speaker 1: Matter what the situations like that, I'm like, bro, I can't play something like yeah, they're telling him, Like I had a situation where I was asking to do he was doing a little on me and I was asking him like, yo, you think I could play? And then he goes back and tell him he gonna come back and say he can't play. Of course, I'm like, damn, I ain't gonna say nothing like then to make me now, I ain't talking him to him for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Now he looking at me like, what happened?
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm happy you brought it up though, because we talk about that. We talked about the TV and inside of saying oh he did this, like how y'all enjoying the TV side of things now being being an athlete and being out there playing the game and actually having an opinion, being able to we do we.
Speaker 1: Literally do daily, Me and my homies, me and him, we do this. Yeah, we talk on the recordar like yeah. And the thing to help us is like we we ain't go up there trying to be all suited and suited tie and all buttoned up. We're going up there like us. And then once you see that, they accept that. I was like, Okay, well now I could loosen up my seat a little bit. I can sit back and talk like I want to talk, you know what I'm saying. So that's the easy part for us. We know the game, been around the game forever, Like you know what I'm saying. We just talking back.
Speaker 3: But you gotta get yourself because everybody can't translate, you know, SA. We know it, and a lot of people know how y'all translated how we translated. Can't get on TV. You gotta be able to plan the common.
Speaker 1: Man at home understand. That's a gift for us to be sure. You gotta be tapped in for real, bro, like you can be tapped into like older. So we got older soldiers and we tapped into the youth, so we know all the lingo like well my you yeah, but just like what's going on. You gotta practice like you can't. You know what I mean, I did it. I'm like, no, I'm gonna make sure I'm gonna put myself through different drills so I won't say certain things or you know, we got our own ling up. Yeah, you'd be saying, yeah, all right, yeah, I think the word. That's my biggest to let the slip. I put the time clock. Make sure you don't say that I'm calling my home homi yo. Okay, make sure you eliminate this. That's my big How hard it is, because it really is hard. But it's fun though, because now you know I me yourself, You're trying a lot better. You can hear yourself speaking. You know what I'm saying, and you know we hoopers. Well, you know what I mean in front of a camera and talking, especially when you think about like like I like Stephen a bro like you know what I mean, I know everybody got different like depends on like I like it. I like dude, like good dude, job like you know what I mean, cut it on when you're on TV that off the court really good dude, you know what I'm saying, Like he can he can understand if you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: That yeah, yeah, like when you look, he's gonna get up there.
Speaker 1: Like athletes don't go up there because if you go up there and you start talking something, you looking crazy looking back. And I think that's what stuck with us because we was ready, Like I'm like, I know, I know the game, so you're not about to say nothing that. I'm not gonna stop and say that's not right? Who told you that? Like what you say? You know what I'm saying? He come right back. So it's fun man, Like I really didn't think I was gonna like it. Man, my guy he's sitting over there behind his name only he told me like we was chilling there. He was like, bro, I think that you should try to like start speaking, you know what I'm saying, start like doing like little on TV or whatever. And I started with like Yahoo and I did I did that double? Yeah, the n C double, A torn man and talking about college basketball and who did a couple of podcasts and it was like, man, it started to stick. He was playing. I just dragged him on it, like, bro, you want to be on here, come on, let's do it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They need that, the fans that meet the people, they need that. The inside the locker rooms, what the players thinking, how they feel, what the coach saying to him, what was supposed to happen on that plate, Like that's that that's the insight. That's that we had to make it special, right, and that's what people want to see. How it feels like to be inside the locker room right now, what they thinking being down three to one in this series, what the coach thinking, what's the game plan for? That's the still knock on the guys that are doing it that didn't play. But that's that's our super power. That's what we got that you ain't got. That's ours. You can't speak on.
Speaker 1: You never been. We're not making up now, No, Like I'm not about to sit here like I had to take when I was talking about the okayc when everybody was like, yo, why you don't like okay see, and I'm like, you know, just from my my vision of the game is like they're really young, you know what I'm saying. But I had to take it back as we going and watching them playing, I'm like, well, they're young, but they understand though, like and that's the difference, Like they're like mature young guys, which you don't have that much in this league because everybody trying to get paid, they jocking for position. And then when I started seeing it, like oh no, they know they together, you know what I'm saying. And then the matchups, you know what I mean. But it was refreshing to see young guys actually like buy into like the hoops side like that, you know what I'm saying. And that's the game always. But we do do I gotta say this, we do do like sports bet, not on NBA, but like other sports. Right, So that's another way how we got it. Kind of got into it. Like one of the my homie really good yeah up toun In one of my homies is like, well we actually sports best. So we go in the crib By our day, we chopping it up about baseball, right, so he like, Bro, we might as well like start you know what I'm saying, like start putting picks. I was like telling people what we're doing and then a lad into starting twins and wins. When we're talking about like baseball, football, talk about all that just makes we tapped them all college football in the NFL, college basketball, like we do all that. We don't just talking like NBA. Is I for us like we college basketball, NFL like I mean, but we know the game so much. I don't even got to watch the game. If I'm watching the NBA, you know what I'm saying. I can look at on the team. Yeah, he's selfish. They're gonna kick his ass. He's gonna be the reason why they lose this game. And that's what I'm going to talk about, you know what I'm saying. And I watched the game, Yeah, exactly what I thought that was gonna happen. Happen. That's my point right there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, talking reaching out and like touching all different sports because for me, as much as I love basketball and talk basketball, there's I gotta urge to talk football, man, because I love because I know the game, bro discourage, I know, I know running motion.
Speaker 1: I know football. They try to keep us away from that man, so they open the door and see us do it, They're gonna be like, god damn over there talking football, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I had a chance to go on Pat McAfee and we started talking about a little football and just I just came off. I was like, I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to, you know any thing about talking football is that like I love the Eagles so much that I say him up, I don't really mean he not you know what I'm saying. You have to say that like man, like I said very Young, I said, I ain't say noting. But I was talking about Holland Burt and Percast said, well what about Trey Young? And I'm like, I'm like, were you pass the ball? Is better than Hollerbert? But I'm thinking about it. I ain't really even mean to say that. He just threw Trey Young in my vision while I'm talking about somebody else and it maybe like the bird his game and I look at the stats talking about but he tried to like he tried to like you know what I mean, kind of threw it in a way. But at football, you say that though you might like because Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys. Bro like the Cowboys, So he might say that's Prescott.
Speaker 3: Hit that argument yesterday because he talked about my Dolphins. The Dolphin the Cheeks, Yeah, said I want to I want to feel that we're good until they get.
Speaker 1: Cold, Homie back then good until they get cold. Were good until they get cold.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I want to be good back the Cheeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, you got in South Dakota.
Speaker 2: I'm a Viking fan, the Vikings, but that ain't South. The coach. If I'm gonna claim somebody, that's not gonna be the Vikings, we ain't want. I'm just telling you, I'm claiming the Vikings. That's what I'm telling you that. If I'm gonna ride on something, man, I'm a cheese fan, I'm not doing that. I'm a Vikings fan.
Speaker 1: We got J. J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy. We got the best wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Play last year. Don't say his name. I don't know what you what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't want to kept saying Donald J.
Speaker 2: I like what I like what we're doing. In fact, what I thought we should have done. Honest to God, is let jaj said, one more year, I thought should run Aaron Rodgers in one year. We're close being really good.
Speaker 3: Jefferson Aaron Williams. I don't know what else you got, Addison. Addison's justin Jefferson Aaron Williams.
Speaker 2: And and what's our tight end the old country. That's why, dude, that came from our defense, got our offensive line back to health so much.
Speaker 3: What do see now we're talking football to that now we're about about to start were about to start running right now now.
Speaker 1: When I'm not winning nothing while he's the quarter went healthy, win healthy, not working in the place I do they go. You gotta have healthy years, keep it, keeping it a hundred.
Speaker 3: As a Dolphin fan, I understand, I understand how we play the game. No, I get what you say. That diepen dot like you know, running a man in motion to see if they had man is o and then when you figured out the ball, come out your hand in two seconds and then you're waiting for the dude. Get y'alls have to catch. Like I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I do get it. That's the place that's the person. Yeah, but so I do.
Speaker 3: I do believe that we need to figure out a way to get We need to figure out a way to get more more physical, more physical, y'alls. Like everything, I gotta be trickery everything. You gotta be running in in motion and he catched that bitch on the run. That ain't work all the time. Sometimes you got to just be a line of mon het your ass in the mouth and get down here.
Speaker 2: Coat you'all be fourth and one do a double reverse flee fl.
Speaker 3: You know what I was like, That's what I said, all right till I've never seen it like one, but you feeling thee.
Speaker 1: Cry?
Speaker 3: You feelings different football field, Eagles want the super Bowl and wan that cry.
Speaker 2: It was like cried.
Speaker 3: I'm like you did.
Speaker 2: A lot of I have have I have to ask how ya how y'all?
Speaker 1: Basically everything in life but football, and we'll try to keep try to keep separate out the sports.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was, Eagles is nuts up.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's rap.
Speaker 1: It's like the next like uh faces and Pacers and fans, Yeah, I fans. Chuck was Chuck was in Philly man around that a Chuck was everything city like he did like he could walk and do anything in the city. Everybody loves Bubble Chuck Man. That man was so real good. He was like that, I always tell the story, and we told it on I just was talking about it. We told it on a million dollars a games like when we when we were younger and we was like fake playing basketball, fake playing au We used to tag, you know, tagging it like get the buckets and be like in the middle of the street the kids with the signs like can you donate to you know what I'm saying, he donate our team to go the Florida Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was really going when they do that. Man saying that play might look like the play having who you play for? Uh, definitely was going. But we guess like if the trip was three hundred, we're making fifty. You already know through that I was making through the trip, trip, the crib, everything bringing it back in the house. And the reason I'm saying is because we used to always see a. I always he's always looking in the bucket, really always all the time. He didn't even know we never we never even told him see him all the time. We did real like that.
Speaker 2: He always been a real one.
Speaker 1: Buckets the city. It just seemed like, Yo, you don't even know how you changed lives, like just seeing it and like lidally and then going down to Fridays and turning that bitch up to the man. He said he used to have Fridays going crazy, Friday going going, and we knew that, like everybody knew that Chuck was around everybody. Everybody's having a good time. It was crazy in the city man all the time. Bro, no lives. I want you to ask that that what the Jokers doing? The smooth so he could speak on he don't never really speak on that question, which one say. I mean, I mean it said you speak on the Jokers and you wrap it up a lot of things, expects you to come back and continue. No, I mean did heut me up for the time being? You was there, you up for the time being, But I never really got the opportunity to play again, like you know what I mean? Once that ended, I ain't gonna talk because O g right here, I know it's Miami, is you know what I'm saying? Over there? You feel they me over there because they bade me work so hard to get back when they knowing like it was an old misconception of like how the injury really went right like it was. It was like a two week injury. I got cleared in two weeks. But they made it seem because Miami wouldn't allow me back on the court, that I was injured for six months. I was. I was back. It was whiplash. I literally got whiplashing and was right back. O G was there. I was practicing on the regular. I practiced for six months and was working out. But yeah, but yeah, so that so that was the mis That was a misconception of I couldn't play because Miami wasn't They didn't really want me to get back on the court, like they were just basically like they wrote me off, like no, you can't, We're not allowing you back on the court with this injury. And obviously I paid four more years after that and I'm still playing now. So it wasn't like you, yeah, you couldn't play. I just went to another team and played a little bit, and then after that I went to Dallas. It was like I was that year and then I went to Brooklyn when Katie and Kyrie was there and we was cooking. I was playing there, but you know, all that happened so overshadowed that I went to Dallas and I had that ended the bench role since then, just don't give your teams just don't get your opportunity. You just like you know, look, you gotta jump into that role. I ain't about have been here bitching about not playing. Look listen, man, y all want me to play. And one thing about dollars. You know with Nico and j Kid, they up front always like so you ain't in there, Like I don't know what that's all you want? Right, That's why that's there, Like I'll put everybody over there because they was like that, you know what I'm saying, Like I asked a question Nico, like you coming in to be coming to be ended the bitch veteran, Like we're gonna play sometimes, but we ain't looking at you to play. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Guess what that does. It doesn't get your bitch when you're like that in.
Speaker 1: Your mind's like I ain't about to be going to went to the finals.
Speaker 3: You just know it was just a bigger part of anybody else. You was just a big everybody in the locker room know that. Like I said as well. But locker room that you can't lose. Sometimes you got to accept that. Like like fans like players, like expect fans expect you to be able to play. Like sometimes it ain't about the basketball. They don't know what you're talking about. Like like like you said, like you said to Mike, like we and you in practice cooking these on the regular, like you my little like you know what I'm saying. But to the to the outside world, when you don't play, they think you can't play. It's like, no, it's not that. It's like they don't want me to play, Like but I might have been sitting here power it's crazy. But outside where they think you can't play. My last game, you know what you know because my kids do this. I don't even do this talk about y'all get in the sports bad all My kids bet on me. My last game had me to score three and a half points.
Speaker 2: And the old g's out right.
Speaker 3: I just sit over here smoking cigarettes for the last four years.
Speaker 1: Three and a half got the game. My kids hit.
Speaker 3: My kids hit even though they did it afterwards, you got us paid.
Speaker 1: That's what you're talking. He said, it had you scoring three and a half points.
Speaker 3: To night, I don't need to worry about the kids gambling because I don't even condone that that was the second leg.
Speaker 1: Twins win three and a half.
Speaker 3: I said, they said three and a half.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Most different half points?
Speaker 1: Know not that good.
Speaker 3: I know that to your point, they think because we.
Speaker 1: Don't play, we can't we can't play like CBS at home.
Speaker 3: I'm not, We're not like that's why we go to That's why we go to the y'all said crazy when y'all see us like that's one v one, But know what one v one was?
Speaker 1: What is that? I said, what is the you want to play one?
Speaker 3: Because we were not the ones and list and the point that you even thought that we're gonna you up, y'all understand, understand the difference between me and you, and they don't understand like just because we don't play that we still got to do everything that just playing is doing what they think.
Speaker 1: We're just sitting there like we just coming to the game and sitting on the giant. You're not working out what the y'all think we're doing. That's why we playing the y M That's why you you got to That's why we're playing the leagues because you go ahead and pick your mind. I think we scored sixty just because we putting us in the game. We we can do this all day, man, I can't. I really appreciate y'all coming in. Also, real team, it's been an thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all keep killing with y'all killing though for real y'all. Also, man, y'all killing. I'm got to tune into twins winning. Put a little cheese. Go ahead and get your money, man, money. We we we were definitely blessing him. It's fun though, man, Like, we really look at the game, so I check. We ain't tell you dropped the house on it, but drop a little.
Speaker 1: We know you got to.
Speaker 2: I know what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I'm cussings up by the god damn well, y'all.
Speaker 1: Ain't I never gonna see the real man?
Speaker 2: Respect man, y'all coming in. G's out, O's out.
Speaker 1: My my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my not my