Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanovich. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us. Is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Jordan Fitzgerald here in studio. Let's talk about Broadcom definitely moving in the aftermarket.
Speaker 3: Hi, Carol, Hi, Tim. Broadcom did report results after market shares last time I checked when I was back at my desk, up about three percent. Fourth quarter revenue beat, and they expect another beat in the first quarter. And I found this the most interesting. They expect AI semiconductor revenue two double year overyear reaching eight point two billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We talked with an analyst who said that's not a new estimate, but said it was interesting to have them reiterated, confirm it exactly stick to it.
Speaker 3: So it's a big deal exactly, And especially after earnings from Oracle yesterday, people maybe weren't feeling the most confident about what else was going to come from the AI chip space, and so it was reassuring to see a beat from Broadcom.
Speaker 2: Well, not necessarily earnings related, but still the company reporting earnings Lululemon ticker Lulu.
Speaker 1: To the episode Wilson. That would have been so smart.
Speaker 2: The transition for maybe Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's good. Uh yes, I mean, if you ask me, anecdotally private citizen, if I expected Lulu to beat I, I do see them doing well. I mean I was at the Mullan Black Friday, Short Hills, moll in Short Hills, New Jersey. I know you both know it packed.
Speaker 1: Carol's nodding packed.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, I was Lulu packed, Lulu packed, line out the door. I ditched my brother there. I was like, I'm not doing this, so yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Stop l U l U.
Speaker 1: It's up like twelve.
Speaker 3: Percent last I checked, okay, and I think a lot of that does come from the fact that they did boost their full year EPs forecast, but also they said that they're ousting their CEO, and I think for a company that really has stalled over the past few years, yeah, that really just like in views it with a burst of optimism.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a big story, especially because they don't have a successor lined up at this point.
Speaker 3: And I think people will be watching to see who they take to fill that slot. If they a competitor leaves to help take the helm of lu Lemon. They're also buying back a billion dollars worth of shares, so they are reinvesting back into the company.
Speaker 2: Okay, finally Oracle Oracle.
Speaker 3: Yes, like I brought up with Broadcom, Oracle did disappoint investors last night. Shares closed down about ten percent. They had their worst day since January, which not really how you want to end the year. But I think it's important to remember that. You know, if we flash back to last quarter, a lot wright a lot warmer outside and also Oracle closed up thirty six percent after earnings, Larry Ellison Brief became the richest person on earth, ousting Elon Musk from that spot for a moment, and that was going to be hard to follow up. And so when Oracle came out with its report last night and it kind of showed that they're spending on AI is not exactly corresponding to an equal boost and cloud revenue, that really spooked some investors.
Speaker 2: The stock Moover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.