Speaker 1: Hello, friends, and welcome in to leading off right here on Fantasy Pros without Joey P. No Joe piece of Pia. I do a pretty good trumpet, by the way. It's one of the few impressions that I can do. I am Chris Welsh. I am your host for the foreseeable future. I apologize that you have to you have to live on without Joey P. But we will do so because joe did actually leave, literally in the craziest, most important time of the season, because oh, you know, like this is where we're gonna win our fantasy championships, this is where people are gonna go and play fantasy football. We take advantage of it. And oh, I don't know a trade deadline where all the big players and all the big news is gonna move on. But I am not doing it's solo because today joining me is the athletics own Mike Curlin. You can find them on Twitter at Mike Underscore Curlin. Sleepy k No more? What's up, Mike? What's up? Body?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? No more? I'm still sleeping.
Speaker 3: I'm just on podcasts, just leaving it. Man, those are good times.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I had that whole conversation with my wife the other day about it's been like three years since I started podcasting on my couch on and that's why I fall asleep. You don't podcast on a couch, don't do that, So I recommend obviously.
Speaker 2: It's been one heck of a journey. And thank you for having me. Man. It's always fun to get on here, and I'll hang out with you a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you. I mean, this is actually a perfect situation for you as well. You know, Mike has been known for all of his crazy, big breakdowns. We're gonna do a lot of breakdowns into this with all of the coverage over at the Athletic also the basis loaded podcasts. Do you have anything going rest of season? I know the turn is happening. What are you still doing over at the Athletic right now?
Speaker 3: So I think I might have one more lineup article. What I do over the Athletic is it's kind of a niche of mind as I drop everything I had prepared in terms of notes and pen onto the it's a I do the whole uh. I do lineup breakdowns. I look at playing time situations. Who's playing platoons?
Speaker 2: I'm really big.
Speaker 3: I'm focusing on those, so it seems like the Giants and the Rays really frustrate me. But what I do is I do that for the for the athletic, I talk about, you know, potential call ups, who's going, who's affected in which way and why whenever there's a new player added to a team or a new player called up and all that. Just always quick to be on it and try to break it down as to like who you might want to look at and deeper formats. A lot of the times this affects deeper formats and then I carry that over and for the Patreon I do that for them like once a month in season, and then for my patreon at patreon dot com slash Skplaybook, I do like three or four of these write ups a week, just again team by team, what's happening, who's hitting well, who's doing poorly? Is there any new platoon forming? Is there playing time issues popping up? And it's just a constant. It's almost like just daily. It's like a daily concept of it's a daily grind.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: Because I've stopped doing it every day because some of it gets redundant.
Speaker 2: So I do.
Speaker 3: That's why I try to get two three day chunks, because you'd be surprised how much changes in a two to three day period between injuries. Between this guy's oh suddenly he went from starting every day vers lefties to now he's only started one of three. And these are types of things that we keep an eye on and really focus on and discuss how this input, how these can have this fallout in your fantasy lapse and maybe you should make us add to your team or drop this player, or maybe throw them on your bench stashing for a little bit, because this trade inline has been a big focus of mine in these write ups because so much has set the change, and.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk a lot about a lot about this doctor. Glenn shout out and says, who is even Joey P I need one of those. I can't be like Chrissy Dubbs. That doesn't quite work have the same ring to it. And I appreciate Wonky as she says, I prefer my host to have hair and shout out to Wonky too. The pleasant surprise as the football crew just completely ditched us and I was ready to go full board with some of the show sheet and Wonky had a bunch of stuff ready. So I want to give a big shout out to Kelly for doing all of that, and you will see Wonky on Wednesday for everybody. Let's get into all the stuff here for the day, all of the craziness, because we actually have a weekend to cover and the trade deadline is thirty hours away something like that, twenty eight hours away. But we had the one big massive trade and a little bit of pokey pokey me here, Curly, and you weren't here for this obviously, But everybody in the chat should know one thing I do get. I do not get to have a hat tip of fran miil Reyis, as I have been reminded about this year, but I do get a hat tip about my takes on the trade deadline and the Seattle Mariners, because the Mariners made a big trade over the weekend, and I had been saying Joe kept asking, oh trade trades, and I kept saying, I think the Mariners need to strike first, they need to go. Luis Castillo was one of those names. I think that was literally what he asked before we left on Friday, Hey, who should? Maybe it was Thursday? Who should? Or where should Luis Castillo go? I said, I think the Mariners make sense. I think they should strike first before the market, and that is exactly what they did. And they shocked a lot of people by moving to wel Vi Marte, which is a huge Di Dynasty piece. They also moved Edwin a Royo was actually a really big trade. I broke it down over on the Prospect one podcast if you guys want to hear it for the Reds and what the Reds are looking like now. But Carlin, I want to ask you Luis Castillo, not a lot of wins are actually going to talk about that here in just a little bit A struggling offense with Cincinnati, the stuff is there. Do you see a big fantasy uptick now that he is over and he is with the Seattle Mariners that are fighting and they're in contention, maybe a better ballpark, some better offense. What type of fantasy uptick do you see Luis Castillo as a Mariner?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I think you hit right on. It is first off this year.
Speaker 3: Specifically, oddly enough, over his career from what I saw Castillo, who's era was actually worse on the road.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you manage that one.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, better ballpark, better team context, more chances for wins, which is a category in some fantasy in most fantasy formats, even points leagues where wins get you like what seven points depend on your format, five points whatever.
Speaker 2: I think it'll really helps all around.
Speaker 3: This year alone, he has like a one and a half ur difference between his home and road splits too, So it's there's nothing not to like here, you know everything, it's all arrows pointing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's something that I'm pretty happy about. I'm happy with the move, especially if you're a Luis Castillo owner. I would, I would feel really good about it. There's also something you could throw out to say that, like, if you were to own Luis Castillo, that trade move when he hasn't had a start yet really could get a solid return in a dynasty if you're not quite in it. This is a big boost to his dynasty value. Why you hold and you don't move off of talented players that might have some weird struggles and I don't know, even into redraft, if you're wanting to mix stuff up, if you're doing really good on the sp side. It's something that you can take a look at, and huge move for the Mariners. I wonder if they're done. I kind of don't think they're done. I think there's got to be something else in the works. It does not look like it's going to be one Soto. Been reports out that the Soda Sweepstakes is down to three teams, though I am waiting for the crucial fourth team, mystery team. There's always mystery team that has joined in. The current sweepstakes participants are the Padres, Cardinals, and Dodgers Corilin I have been very vocal about the Padres being the team for over a month, even when it wasn't. The Cardinals seem to kind of maybe have the best mixture that fits with them, and I think you never count out the Dodgers. It's something. I actually created a Dodger Soto trade on itl Fantasy Baseball the other day. So does one Soto get traded in the next twenty four hours and to whom.
Speaker 3: I can't believe for having this discussion, but I do think he gets dealt because I think they're desperate to move some of these They're trying to offload Corbin with them. That contract is horrendous, and I think they're going to have to offload that contract in order to justify trading Soda in the first place, because realistically, Soto is gonna, you know, the money it's gonna take to resign them, the hall that it's gonna take to obtain them. There is no such thing as a big enough return I think for a jan Soda, because Won Soto is what you hope all these prospects even become a third of you know what I mean. So I think the Padres ultimately do have the best chances. And I'll say that because they have Abrams and Ruiz, two guys right now for some reason are called up and aren't even playing. But there's still two of the top prospects in this in this organization they get thrown up.
Speaker 2: They have the depth to make this move. Not to mention, I'm.
Speaker 3: Starting to get the idea that they don't care for their prospects. I mean, you don't call up Abrams. No other team in the major leagues would probably call up Abrams in Ruiz and just to sit them on the bench or platoon them. But the Padres have and they've done it in favor of guys like Mazara, guys like Voight, gets Dh Hosmer, all these guys. That's like, why are these guys getting in the way of these young, potentially potential studs or young guys that have all this upside that produce at the highest levels of the miners aren't even getting a chance to play even somewhat regularly in the majors.
Speaker 2: So it almost makes sense that the way it.
Speaker 3: Appears the Padres view their top prospects would be why they would be so willing to ship them off and include others in this deal to go get a Wan Sodo, a guy that is better than a other prospects plus will slot right into a need for them and produce right And though that lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny. A couple funny things. I'm actually undergoing this thing I do on my In This League Patreon In This League dot com. It's called the p one ADP mocks and it's designed to create a prospect ADP which does not exist. And it's a value chart as well, so I think it's really valuable. People want to check it out that they're literally being drafted right now. It'll be on the Patreon this month. But a funny thing just to this point was we found CJ. Abrams was actually still in the system. He's the only one that's in the system because he had met requirements of being on the roster but not overpass the at baths marker where he lose prospect eligibility. He's the only one of all those guys he's been around so long that he has been on the roster so much he still has not got the at bats that takes him off of roster qualifications. The value system that they have on him and where they have put him and the chances to succeed have been really minimal. There was a tweet out about ten fifteen minutes ago from MLB Network with a hypothetical on Soto, and it's pretty much what we've talked about on this show for the last couple of weeks. Soto for Abrams, Mackenzie Gore, Robert Hassel, James Wood, who is their number three prospect, and Jackson Merrill, who a side note, James Wood and Jackson Merril are best friends and like when Wood was rehabbing, Meryll was also rehabing, they would like watch each other play out here in complex blah blah, blah, it doesn't matter. That's a huge prospect Hall. I don't think another team can really necessarily compete with that prospect Hall. But the key is going to be do they want those major league guys? And that's where the Dodgers provide the pitching side, and the Cardinals I think provide the hitting side, and guys like Gorman and Dylan Carlson if they were to be provided, if they were to come out there. So it'll be really really interesting to see. There's some other trade rumors going on. Montes is a target for the Padres, Twins, Yankees, and Blue Jays. I saw John Hayman report last night that the Yankees their sole focus is on Frank Montas. The Astros are looking at Christian Vasquez in addition to Wilson Contreras. I have been putting Wilson Contreras on with the Astros for the last couple of weeks. I think maybe pedro Leone would make sense, even though I know it's a rental. The Guardians have inquired about Sean Murphy. The A's are making him available. They're making all the guys available, and the Phillies are interested in Ramon Lariano. So the A's are going to have a complete, just decimation of their roster. Do you expect any surprises? Just real quick at the trade ladline, do you think we're going to see anything nuts and crazy? As someone we haven't been talking about. My biggest crazy suggestion has been, if Juan Soto gets traded today on Monday, I expect Shohiel Tani to be traded on Tuesday. If it comes down to the wire, I'm gonna kind of put it as a fifty to fifty. But it's just my little prediction is if Soto has moved on Monday, Otani has moved on Tuesday. I don't know if that's that much of a shock. But Mike, do you expect any shocks in the next thirty hours?
Speaker 3: I think if there's to be one, it's gonna it's kind of a cop out because I have a hard time giving a true name, but I would I would think it could be a guy that was signed to a deal that people maybe we're surprised the deal happened. Like a hobby Baye is habby Baya is for for the Tigers, a team that doesn't similar they're going to be competing in the near future, although maybe they think their window might be next year the year after. Maybe they realized because they've already talked about pretty much everyone being on the table. Maybe Hobby Bias is like one of those guys that's like, well, you know what, maybe this was a mistake. Let's see if we can salvage this and see if the team team will take them on.
Speaker 2: Maybe I doubt Chris Bryant.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's the type of thing, like maybe one of these guys, if Trevor Story was healthy with the Red Sox kind of leaning towards being buyers and sellers. The reports say both, and that they never mentioned Story being safe. They've mentioned, you know, Bogarts by name, at least I haven't seen their reports, but they've mentioned Bogart's by name and others by name, Dev's they are safe. So it's like maybe one of these offseason signings that were surprising in the first place, Marcus Stroman, guys that were on teams that like, okay, this is weird that they made these signings become trade bait for these teams all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Maybe by goes back to the Mets something to throw. Maybe you know, they rEFInd him there, Dan, this is actually a good question. Well, the trades trade away a catcher, they should. I think Danny Jansen should be someone they're putting out on the market who would make a ton of sense. Bring Gabriel moreno back up to go with Ali hndro Kirk. Trade from your strengths as much as possible to fix some of those weaknesses. Because the Blue Jas are not really tied with anybody, So that's actually a really good question. I think they should. Finishing up the headlines, Aaron Judge continues to be the biggest beast on the planet. His I was saying this yesterday. His stats through July thirty first, our stats for an entire season that every single player would kill for and we'd get them all the money in the world. Judge homer three times over the weekend, now up to forty two, which is ten below his career high set in twenty seventeen. And here is a marker I want to give you as well. Aaron Judge has more homers than any single person in our home run contest. And we've had the season. Every single day of baseball, we have been able to make picks on these guys and Aaron Judge has more homers in real life than we could just picking players every single day. That's pretty fun. And then then lastly Clay Holmes blew a save, giving up a three run homer to South President the ninth as they lost eight to six, and my dreams and hopes of Clay Holmes being the closer down the drain some injuries. Chris Bryant left Saturday's game with foot pain. Curly, I'm out on Chris Bryan. I've been saying, I'm pretty far out on Chris Bryant. Do you have hopes of salvaging the rest of this season for him? Which has just been really about a month he's had about a month that worked. All of his homers I think came in the month of July, if I remember correctly. Do you have any hopes on the back half of this year?
Speaker 3: I did until I think reports came out that he's been dealing with like planter fasciitis over the like of late I think since the All Star break or so.
Speaker 2: I remember reading about it yesterday and dealing with that.
Speaker 3: You know how that can be for athletes in general, doesn't matter the sport, and that could hinder his progress the rest of the year, and I was really hopef But you know what this reminds me of. It's the whole Daniel Murphy deal, like twenty nineteen and wherever it was when Murphy went over to the Rockies, the.
Speaker 2: Hype build the hype built up.
Speaker 3: It was a similar skill set in terms of being like a really solid bat just going to Coors again, a chance to really exploit course for what it was, and injuries derailed them. Age Duriel Murphy obviously not a direct comp but it was one of those things where it's like I bought in preseason. I was like, all right, cool, I'm gonna jump his adp up. I got him in a few spots. I was really happy, and then early drafts I was even happier. I was like, sweet, I got him at the discount. I was happy to take them near a pick like eighty ish. I think it was early on and because just because the skill set, But ultimately it's me trying to justify why I took him early. Well, at the end of the day, it seems like it feels like a busted pick, and I don't seem much.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's a sell like at all costs type of thing, because I think obviously it's a sell, but you get trade deadlines happening. I just had a trade deadline end in the Scott White League that I play in. But some are going to go through. I think some standards on a lot of side of like August thirteenth, I want to say, right in that range is like a general fantasy trade deadline. If you had a team poking around want to take a shot, is there a low that you wouldn't take on Chris Bryant at this point.
Speaker 3: I would I'd be willing to. I definitely redraft. I'd be looking to sell for sure. Dynasty, I'd actually if you're a contender or if your windows next year, I think he's a great buy if you can right now, because I do think the value is dropping even though we know a healthy Chris Bryant can be pretty solid, and I do think he'll get right in the offseason, and you know, Chris Bryant has these moments of like being injured, playing well, but maybe he'll miss some time next year or whatever. Dynasty lees, I think he's more of a bye redraft.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: I think I would obviously at this point, if someone's willing to give me anything that can help my team, I would probably sell. I'd be willing to sell seventy five per cents on the dollar type of deal probably right now.
Speaker 1: I think so Zark is a trade for Chris Bryant threw weeks ago. It wasn't too much better. I really really do Bobby Witt. The day after Julio Rodriguez was hit on the wrist, which I want to point out around the hand. Scott Bogman was at that game and I told him for for handcock rules, he's no longer around him because he hurt him. The day after, Bobby Wit Junior was sidelined after getting hit on the hand by a pitch. No xt rays have been done as of yet, which is probably a good sign. Not so great for Hulia Rodriguez though the X rays were negative. He had some swelling and they put him on the EL so he's on the IL for a tiny bit. Bobby Wit no necessarily no necessary sign of it yet. Miguel Sino back to his home, which is the IL on Friday with knee issues. He just lives there and Key Brian Hayes, Eric cosmer Typrance, Tyler O'Neill, all considered day to day with various injuries across the board. Here's a fun fact getting back to the top of the show. This is an amazing one too, and this is kudos Towonke for putting this on Red's pitcher. Luis Castillo is one of just seven pitchers to enter the All Star Break with an ERA under two eight and no more than three wins with at least thirteen starts on here the others? Are you ready for the others? Here? Clayton Kershaw twenty eighteen, Jeff Samarga fourteen, by Lecky in nineteen ninety two, Steve Carlton in nineteen eighty five, Swan in nineteen seventy eight, and Phoebus in nineteen seventy. I don't know. I'm assuming that's Phoebus, like a little phoenix in there. Those are the names. There hasn't been anybody since twenty eighteen and since two and since two thousand there's only been two Jeff Samarga and Clayton Kershaw. The undervalue of potential wins is mind blowing on Luis Castillo. That is why you hit home like this is a huge plus for him being in Seattle. This is a huge potential plus on wins. Let's get Julio Rodriguez back. Though it might be the most important thing of all of those this day in baseball, I thought this was just interesting, though not like fascinating. Nineteen forty three Rip Suol of the Pirates throws his do drop ball in a game. Souel loops the ball eighteen to twenty feet high on its way to the strike zone. Later it's called a blooper or an ethis ball. The pitch is more than a gag and Soul is on his way to a twenty win season. But an eighteen to twenty foot dip that's like curveball stuff, Curlin like I love, I love the idea of that. That is actually one of my only things I think I really really love about old old time baseball. I don't have the tradition like a lot of other people with most of this stuff, but like weird just wind ups and just video game like backyard type of throws. It is one of my favorite things. Like I get really locked into you know those Instagram videos of like, hey, this is the best game to play and it's like that whiffle ball game, but the ball like curves and they got I'm such a sucker for that. Like those type of video game things are my favorite thing on the planet. Just goofy looking pitches, and.
Speaker 3: Every so often we actually get pictures at the major league level it looks like those whiffleball pitches, Like that's the maze sink two seamer sinker. Everyone call it his that frisbee. It's more difficult than it is whiffable. I think I saw shout out to and someone put that was like word for word. Ryan Nancy on Twitter tweeted that. I was like, that's very true. We're about to see all these gifts of them. But he doesn't usually miss a lot of bats with it. But yeah, it's fun though, because MLB pitchers, man, they've really and coaches obviously really figured out how to make a baseball moving ways that I never thought i'd see the day that they do that, you know you're going as fast as they are.
Speaker 1: Who has the most giveable pitch in baseball? Because you just bring up a really interesting thing to me, I would say, Dustin May is that two seamer. Emmanuel Clasi's cutter has got to be in there. That one pitch by Aaron Ashby, which I think was a two seamer that won this year, that went like whoop, like right out was on there. I don't know if I think of any breaking pitches though, a really good knuckling curveball.
Speaker 3: Is there a good change up like with with good fade away from like last year already?
Speaker 1: Like okay, but can you think like I'm gonna say, you think someone Yeah, like I'm talking like a specific pitch from Devin Williams. Oh, Devin Williams his uh whatever you call it, the terminator or whatever. Yeah, okay, so this would be such a great pull Devin Williams whatever the pitch is, dominator, Emmanuel Classe's cutter or Dustin May's two seamer which people probably forget about. And that's what Brad and Brad's right here immediately went Devin Williams, change up. I'm curious that the chat. If you guys have any others, tell me who's the most gifable pitch and pitcher the pitcher with their pitch I would love I would love to know, because the Devin Williams is a really really good one. Manuel Classe is the first person that came to my mind when I thought about that. Let's go through some stat heroes on the weekend. Jaco to Rizzy. How often do you say Jaycotrizzy is a stat hero seven innings, eight strikeouts, giving up only two hits for Houston. Plante eight with eight strikeouts. Merril Kelly seven innings, eight strikeouts, three hits, a couple walks. I think he should be a potential trade bait guy. Read debtmer seven innings, twelve strikeouts, giving up one and run and Carlos Forradon ten strikeouts on seven is read Debt Meer's fixed curling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything I'm seeing on Twitter A lot of guys that follow pitching way more closely than I do. I'll be the first to admit hitting my strength in terms of analysis.
Speaker 2: But it looks like it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You just look at some of the stuff, the changing pitch mix, the changing movement profile and some of the pitches. It's it's everyone's talking about it, and I think this is the detmos we're all hoping for come, you know, when we're all kind of hyping him up preseason type of thing, and he's hitting on that potential. Now, what will always hold him back in fantasy is obviously the lack of two start weeks given the Angels always going six man in the rotation, but that could change if they do. You mentioned if Otani's on the move, they maybe they go five man and Detmvers gains even more value. But I do think the Detmors we're seeing now is there's something to it. Maybe he won't sustain this level, as you know MLB teams adapt, but he is.
Speaker 2: What he's doing seems very real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's a movement command guy. He's not a huge, big, crazy blowaway stuff guy, and he's found his command. I mean he you know what, Dept. Meer's has got some big, old loopy curveball sliders that he throws. Some others by the way, that got thrown in here. Riley said, brash is slider. That's a great one. That is a super gift of a one. Brad said, Seth Lugo's curveball. Okay, I'll give you that one, that's for sure. Let's see I thought I saw, oh, and Walker's right. This was the other one that I thought of immediately was that was the older school Kershaw twelve to six curveball. Like, nothing gets me going. I love crazy wiffleball looking pitches, but nothing gets me out of my seat and makes me act like a crazy person than a knee buckling change up. I'll just oh, you know, it's just like a gift. Like the guys are like, oh, like, that's what gets me. It happens when I see just a knee buckling twelve to six curveball. So I completely agree with that one. On the hitter side, Alec Bohm four for five this weekend with a homer and RBI. Corey Dickerson went three for four with a homer. James Outman had a home run in his major league debut. I saw him in the Arizona Fall League. I don't know if there's a ton Ton there. Him and Large Newbar both played together. I thought new Bar was much more impressive player. But three for four with a homer, there's a little something there. I just don't believe the Dodgers would give him enough time. I believe someone asked in the chat. Hunter renfro Good four for four with a bomb. Anthony Rizzo had a homer with three RBIs. Anthony Santander had a homer three for four. Ramon Lariano before he gets traded, had a bomb, jerks and pro far Charles l Block and Matt Chapman with a homer over the weekend. Some stat zeros, I never like to see my boy Shae McClanahan in here. But he went four and one third, give me up seven hits, five earned runs. He had three walks, only five four strikeouts, Pablo Lopez. A lot of rumors. Craig mischs had actually you're wearing your Marlins hat. Curlin Mish had talked about the last start maybe being his last one and had speculated again about him getting traded. Well, he got lit two and two thirds, twelve hits, six earned runs. What type just quickly Pabolo Lopez getting traded and what would a return have to look like? Do you think for your Marlins?
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Marlins have what like two or three years left of control too, so that that's like a big there's gonna be. It's not gonna be obviously the level of a Montas or Castillo, but you gotta think it's gonna at least bring back a solid like at least one solid prospect, one upper top tier prospect, from a system and maybe a couple. You know, I don't think he's going to bring back like you know what, what did Castillo bringing like two.
Speaker 2: Or three other top five prospects back in return?
Speaker 3: I think, I think I think Pablo uh Sandoval, WHOA.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bubo Sanaval would be good in the trade. But know what mean, Yeah, Pablo Lopez.
Speaker 3: Sandoval is way better than Pablo Lopez obviously, but Pablo Lopez I think would bring back at least one high end prospect, maybe a second, depending on what teams get involved in, how desperate team gets if they miss out in both Castillo and Montas, so that right there, the market could right there push itself up. But Lopez is a solid real life pitcher as well as fantasy.
Speaker 2: He will give you innings.
Speaker 3: The shoulders always concerned, but it's ull up this year and again that those years of control really matter and it should bring back quality versus quantity.
Speaker 2: But it's also the Marlins. I don't know what to expect anymore.
Speaker 3: They don't exactly develop hitting well either, So I'm optimistically they get some hitting prospects, but they haven't been able to develop the hitting.
Speaker 2: The best over the years. So I don't know how much yeasty to.
Speaker 1: Me to cut you off. I feel like the Yankees are the key for them. Yankees are trying to move all to Oswell Praza and a lot of trades. No one will take that Oswal Praza for Pablo Lopez would just make all the sense in the world. But you know him getting lit up could always theoretically hurt the trade value.
Speaker 3: J D.
Speaker 1: Brewbaker, I'll give up seven earned runs as well. On the hitting side, of course, I took a Goldie weekend. He went over five for three strikeouts. Hear me, Cole Calhoun, oh for three three strikeouts, Hilliard and Andrews both with three k's as well. Friendos Oh, you know what, I didn't even look if they're everyone's going to be so mad if there's a brand new board, and I don't think there is so Unfortunately, I can't give you guys good news that there's a brand new home run board. But we have the same We have the exact same winner. Things have not changed. But the night King of the North is mounting a comeback, as he had a Kyle schwarber Baum over the weekend got him up to thirty five, so high Cubby twenty sixteen still has thirty seven. Night King North has thirty five, and we got it. Let's see Eskyl and de Blum at thirty four, and then the crew just kind of moves down. Mike Mayer is still on the list, so apologies. I'll see if we can get the home run board back here into the near future so you guys can see that. But we still got our main guy, and they do not have as many homers as Aaron Judge. They're missing by five friendos some bets. Go check out our friends over at bet mgm. Download the app or go online bet mgm dot com. Use the promo code leading off. If you're watching on the YouTube and video you see it right below me leading off right now. They're offering a one thousand dollars risk free first bet when you use the code leading off. Let's do it, and let's do that together. Let's do that, somewhody do it. Let me know, and let's get your thousand dollars risk free bet together, and let's see if we can win that sucker. What I have done for you guys today is two things I'm gonna for the foreseeable future. I'm gonna give you the number one total base prop and the number one strikeout prop according to Bettingpros dot com. They have their MLB prop cheat sheet, which I think is invaluable. Go and check it out, and I'm gonna give you the top props, and I'm gonna give you two. I like the top prop over at the as Joe would say, the sugar house is Jordan Alvarez. Jordan Alvarez total bases versus Boston Fantasy Pros hasn't projected at almost four and you get plus money at one and a half. That's a pretty good bet plus money one oh five. The top strikeout prop is Andrew Heeney under last week man four and a half. I took it. He was on a pitch count, he got to four. He would have destroyed it if he wasn't gonna only throw sixty pitches. They're projecting five. The number is six and a half on fan duel and that is the un or. It's pretty juice stuff though. The two players I like Drake's Scooble strikeouts those are at five and a half minus one fifteen. And this is probably my favorite bed of the day is Starling Marte total bases minus one oh five. It's almost even money. It's against Patrick Corbin. I believe in the month of July, Starling Marte had eleven multi hit games multi hit games, So the odds are in his favor, and they really always are whenever Patrick Corbin is on the slate. Couple DFS stuff. You know, Joe's huge on the DFS side. On DK A couple pitchers, I might want to take a look at Susier is gonna be your big play. He's ten point six. Drake Scouble I like the strikeouts. I believe it's Minnesota and he's eight thousand. I think that would be a really great pairing that you could put together over on FanDuel A couple pitching prices eleven point six for Sersier, John Gray is at ten and Scooble is nine point eight. If you're looking to get some stacks together, Mets, Mets meet, the Mets meet, the Mets gonna hit up Patrick Corbin, and then I can't say other, you know, inappropriate things about Patrick corbyan that would happen there Mets. I would stack them Guardians and White Sox would be my three stacks. Those are also very heavy on implied run totals today if you want to tag those teams. Mister Kurlin, we have a home run contest. You have not been here all season, so I can't necessarily annoint that this would be worth forty points. So you're immediately in the discussion. But please give us your home run call for the day. Put our people in a good position. Who do you got You're muted?
Speaker 3: You're muted, of course, I am. I had to do one rookie mistake before this show ended.
Speaker 1: Ninety five percent of the show in you were nailing it. You were perfect. Nothing, you were This is the last thing. This is the last thing.
Speaker 3: I love it, all right, what's you that's sleepy ca coming out right there?
Speaker 2: It's the obvious, it's it has to be done.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you're talking about a guy who's coming off a weekend they just had, having his career year, gonna get signed to a massive contract, and it has to be Aaron Judge, right. I mean, he has a nine to fifty one ohps against lefties. He's gets to face Mark Gonzalez, which you know, soft tossing lefty.
Speaker 2: As as we all know, like it's it just makes sense. I don't see how.
Speaker 3: No one's slowing him down right now, and one thing that's gonna slow him down is not playing tonight.
Speaker 2: So I got you gotta go with the obvious at this.
Speaker 1: Point, Yeah, Brad's ass. Does Judge have a shot at the record? Bonds had forty five homers at the end of July in two thousand and one. We're not that far off, my friend, we are not that far off. I'm gonna go with Pete Anzo. I'm gonna go against Patrick Corbin. Give me big bombs on Pete Alonzo. I'd be comfortable with a total base marker in him as well, but I'm gonna go with the leadoff guy. I'm gonna go with the guy at the top of the lineup with the New York Mets against Patrick Corbyn. But I am super super comfortable with Pete Alonzo in both of those and he will be my home run call. I know Joe has Aaron Judge in perpetuity. I see. I don't think Mayer updated that, so we're gonna have to It'll just be me and the guests that's going on, and I just jinxed it. Maybe I did that is it? Find Mike Curlin on Twitter at Mike Underscore Curlin. Mike, you were just pimp and you got probably one more article over at the Athletic that people can find. But people can always find your stuff over on your Patreon, which what is that.
Speaker 3: Again, patreon dot com slash skplaybook. That's where you can find all my constant ongoing So the rest of the baseball season and should be throwing some football stuff on there not a football show.
Speaker 2: No one cares about football, but if you do like both, there will be both.
Speaker 1: Oh and Mayor is taking pee a Lonzo, so he is with me. We're about dang it. Come on, Mare, take somebody else, don't take the guy. Not that I'm hitting any any by the way. So if anything, this is a curse for Mike mirir well Mike currently, he did fantastic. Everyone go check him out, follow him on Twitter. He's a great follow, especially in the baseball season when you're looking for those notes. Curlin has got you covered. Friends. Thank you guys for hanging out with me. Joey is gone, but I am here for you the rest of the way through coming up tomorrow trade deadline. Casey Bubba is going to be joining me on the show, and we will be here, like you know, six or seven hours before it's all over. Probably have lots of trades to hit through, so make sure you're checking us out on the YouTube live and the podcast for Mike Curlin. I am Chris Welch. This is leading off. We are out of here, my friends,