Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are stupid, but I'm not. That's why I'm The Daily Show's expert on whatever they need me to be.
Speaker 1: Science stuff.
Speaker 2: I stopped showing up to school entirely.
Speaker 3: I never graduated.
Speaker 2: Weather stuff, the Great Lakes, Michigan erie superior here on even.
Speaker 3: That other one.
Speaker 2: Especially chart stuff, very sensitive area.
Speaker 3: Right in the middle.
Speaker 2: My dad always said, if you're holding a clipboard, people will believe anything. And I know it's true because when he told me that, he was holding a clipboard.
Speaker 3: So when the Daily Show needs an expert, they've turned to me.
Speaker 4: Doctor Michael custom Michael Weaving over this, dude, you don't have a PhD.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to that guy.
Speaker 1: He's not a doctor.
Speaker 2: What's important is that you can trust me to get you the facts, the bias, truth, the unbiased.
Speaker 3: The unbiased truth.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't know you're the expert.
Speaker 3: Here at the show.
Speaker 4: We pay a lot of attention to what's going on in the news, but how much are the people right outside our studio following along? Well, we sent Michael Costa to find out.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to fill me in the game show where you fill in?
Speaker 3: Uh news? Blank.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get started. Republican Senator Chuck Grassley, you know he is No, he's a Republican senator.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just told you that.
Speaker 2: Chuck Grassley, eighty eight year old senator. He recently tweeted, quote it's four. I am in Iowa, so I'm blank.
Speaker 3: He's hitting the restroom drinking coffee. Why would you say that? Because he's eighty eight years old.
Speaker 2: And if you're eighty eight and you're not drinking coffee, you are.
Speaker 3: Correct. The cows. No, it's not what he said. He said he was running.
Speaker 5: Oh that sounds like a lie.
Speaker 3: Why do you say that because he's eighty eight and he looks like that. I mean, my grandpa's eighty eight. I don't even like him standing.
Speaker 2: Zero points on the board.
Speaker 1: It's still anyone's game.
Speaker 2: Alabama Republican Tim James is running for governor, vowing to quote fight the beast with three heads, critical race theory, transgender rights, and blank in public schools.
Speaker 3: Masks. Masks, Okay, think dumber than masks. I don't know basic human rights. Think less threatening religious freedom, even less threatening?
Speaker 2: Henry evolution have even oh my god, less threat? What is something that maybe you've done in the last month that made you feel centered.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm doing it right now. Yoga yoga? Are you Alabama Republican? Hey, that's good enough for one point. Next question, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna love this next one A lyric from a new Kanye West album. Some say Adam could never be black because a black man will never blank.
Speaker 3: White guy, I would sit this one out. I was gonna say. I'm not gonna say I'm sitting this one out. Don't be shy. You won't get canceled. This is TV, it's not Twitter. Black man, don't cheat. Cheat, can't cheat it on cheat it is wrong.
Speaker 2: Some say Adam could never be black because a black man will never die.
Speaker 3: A black man will never die? Is that accurate? I don't know, man, I don't know how about this? What if I told you the answer was share his rib? Wow? Now I'm gonna get canceled.
Speaker 2: Let's give some people a chance for double points this one. I'm not gonna give you the speaker, but if you can guess who said this, will give you bonus points. Who said I'm more of a blank than I am a politician?
Speaker 3: Trump has out it in some form.
Speaker 2: Okay, this man looks great with his shirt off Putin.
Speaker 3: Do you think Putin looks great with his shirt? I don't, but he does that? Jumped right out though?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Does this help? Oh? Yeah? I should definitely know who that dude is. Is this a batman? Sure? Absolutely he was Batman.
Speaker 2: Matthew mcconnaugheyd What is he more of than a politician?
Speaker 3: Stud?
Speaker 2: You think he said I'm more of a stud than a politician.
Speaker 3: This is what he said. I'm more of a.
Speaker 2: Folksy philosopher, poet, statesman than I am a politician.
Speaker 3: Isn't that kind of a badass answer? Now? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to everyone who played. Let's find out what they want. Okay, here's your prize. You get a photograph of Chuck Grassley. Put it in your bathroom, and'll be reminder to use sunscreen.
Speaker 3: I don't want that. I do not. She doesn't want to. Thank you, mo bye.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while, an ordinary person goes above and beyond to change the world. Tonight, Michael Costa has found one of those persons for another episode of Thank Me Later.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Michael Costa. Believe it or not, Modern doctors or gynecologists aren't being adequately trained on the anatomy of the zone that makes the clitterists. That is, until one woman decided to give doctors and layman such as myself the map we so desperately needed. I sat down with this hero, and you you can thank me later.
Speaker 6: I'm Jessica Pin and I have gotten five textbooks changed to include detailed anatomy of the clitterists.
Speaker 2: Let me just back up here for a second, because I know about the clitterists. Okay, I know very much about the clitterists, but some of our audience may be a little less informed. Why don't you just explain to our audience where and what the clitterist is.
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 6: So, the clitterists is the primary soltius sensory organ of female sexual response.
Speaker 3: The primary sensory organ of the female sexual response.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yep, it looks like this.
Speaker 3: That looks like a coat hanger with balls.
Speaker 6: Well, this is what a clitterist looks like. Most women orgasm from external clteral stimulation.
Speaker 2: Show me again, how exactly how you did that? I mean, I know, but just so our viewers, just show me again.
Speaker 6: This is a common way to stimulate the clitterans and this is the anatomy that I've been getting covered.
Speaker 2: At the time of Jessica's study, no medical textbook included anatomy of the glitterists. While these same textbooks were Coca block with penis cross sections ouch.
Speaker 6: So the penis gets covered in great depth. As an example, Medsgate provides fifty seven times as many words on the penis as on the clitterists. And I've asked them.
Speaker 3: To dick dong ding dong slong.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I mean like words like. I counted the number of words in order to quantify how much coverage there was a penile anatomy versus c lilteral anatomy. It was fifty seven times. And that's a huge problem because doctors will think they know adequate literal anatomy when they don't. That's scary because then they will be operating on people and not realizing what they need to watch out for. And that's actually what happened to me.
Speaker 2: Jessica herself was harmed during a surgery and dove into academic research to find out what went wrong. She soon discovered that medical textbooks were ignoring the clitteris, and she decided to apply some pressure to this sensitive area.
Speaker 6: When I first started emailing medical leadership and textbook authors, it didn't seem like I was getting anywhere. No one was listening, and it was so frustrating. In twenty eighteen, I crashed the ACOG annual meeting. ACOG is the American College of Obie Joyans, and I passed out flyers of clitteral anatomy.
Speaker 2: Not surprisingly, Jessica's strategy of handing out flyers like the glitterists was a Times Square comedy show, didn't work.
Speaker 6: I realized there was a need for me to have credibility. So I went to my dad, who was a plastic surgeon, and I told him that I needed to publish a study. So I dissected clitterses with my dad.
Speaker 3: What you what?
Speaker 6: It's actually so funny. I dissected clitterses with my dad.
Speaker 3: That's amazing Me and my dad watch Adam Sandler. But if this is what you do with your dad, cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you dissect a clitterist.
Speaker 5: From canavers, dead people?
Speaker 3: Clitterists?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how you learn anatomy.
Speaker 2: Then it was time for Jessica and her dad to start slicing and dicing.
Speaker 6: We went to the anatomy lab. And my dad said, a lot of people faint or throw up, so if you need to sit down, that's okay. And I was like, no, like cand me the scissors before our study. A surprising number of Objiyans told me to my face, those nerves are very thin and difficult to dissect. But they were larger than even I thought.
Speaker 2: Wait what wait wait wait wait wait, how do you know that this cadaver didn't just have a big glitteris?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well we By the way, that's the first time I've ever said that sentence in my life.
Speaker 6: So we did ten for our study, and so we measured the nerves in all ten specimens.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: In twenty nineteen, Jessica his groundbreaking study was published in the Esthetic Surgery Journal, but it didn't get a lot of attention. The medical community was ignoring her study like it was I just can't think of a good analogy, but you get it. So Jessica started pushing her cause on social media, publicly calling out doctors and textbook authors, forcing them to make real changes.
Speaker 6: Please, you're saying, TikTok made real life changes to actual graduate level medical textbooks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, besides the sense of satisfaction you get from protecting women from needless suffering, have you received anything for your work? Any cash payments or schools named after you? A free sub at Subway? Now, Jessica, we mailed you a box.
Speaker 6: Okay, my gosh, could you please read it out loud? This is Jessica and Kit. You may have rubbed a few people the wrong way, but thank you for your tireless service to enlarge our nation's literature.
Speaker 5: Well that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So far, Jessica's activism has helped change standardize exams for some med school graduates, new certification guidelines for practicing obgyns, and five textbooks. And Jessica, you can add one more book to your list because I'm updating my diary and you can thank me later.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Day Show. The overturning of Roe v.
Speaker 4: Wade is a major attack on women's reproductive rights, but it's not a battle that women have to fights alone. We sent Michael Costa to find out what men can do.
Speaker 2: A woman's right to choose is being eroded across this country, and as a man, I've been paying very close half attention to this issue.
Speaker 5: For several weeks, thousands of people are standing up for a woman's right to choose. After nearly fifty years, the nation's highest court overturns Roe versus Wade, taking away the constitutional right to an abortion.
Speaker 2: It's insane that we're going all the way back to the way things were in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: It's a war on women.
Speaker 8: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: To investigate more into women's reproductive rights. I went to the obvious choice.
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 2: Meet doctor Guardi, who trained in family medicine and obstetrics. Let's talk about some of these anti abortion laws that are popping up. I mean, right now, women that want to have an abortion have to leave the state like it's Ted Cruz during an emergency.
Speaker 5: It seems that we either punish, criticize, and judge just the women. And that is an issue because men actually were part of the of that reproductive process. It takes two to tango, and the men seem to be absent in this, in this whole discussion.
Speaker 2: You're right, absolutely, and we can protest, and we can vote, and we can.
Speaker 5: Get of a sector and what did you just say, get of a sectomy?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, slow down, slow down. Isn't that a bit zero to one hundred?
Speaker 7: Can we maybe tickle the balls before we slice them off?
Speaker 5: We don't slice testicles off. Listen, Michael.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: For decades, women have carried the burden of contraception. Men in general have assumed that reproductive decisions fall on the shoulders of women. So getting more of a sectimies actually is going to show that we care, that we want to participate. That's not all, but that's a very good first step.
Speaker 1: Cutting off the balls is the good first step.
Speaker 5: Do you understand what a sectomy is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when you removes the sect.
Speaker 6: In me.
Speaker 5: You actually interrupt a tiny little too called a vast difference.
Speaker 1: Vast difference.
Speaker 7: You interrupt that, I know, but continue.
Speaker 5: Well, the vast difference is a small structure that comes out of the testic.
Speaker 7: Out of the test That's what the vast difference are the testicles.
Speaker 5: Please transport the sperm sperm and put it into the semen so that it comes out right through the penis, and then you can get somebody pregnant for penis.
Speaker 1: Do you have to wear one of those cones? That's what my dog has to do. No, you don't.
Speaker 7: If I get a asectomy. How high will my voice go after that?
Speaker 5: It will not?
Speaker 3: I will be doctor doctor G.
Speaker 7: Did my have aseectomy?
Speaker 5: No, listen, Michael, it is responsible to do something like that because you are being part of the reproductive decisions.
Speaker 2: And doctor G wasn't alone in his beliefs of neutering men to make the world a better place.
Speaker 9: About a half million vasectomes are performed in the United States every year. Doctor say that number may be increasing in Texas following the passage of the state's Heartbeat Act.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So far there's been a fifteen percent surge of aseectomi's motivated by the state law.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had of aseectomy?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did my own aseectomy?
Speaker 1: You did it?
Speaker 5: I did it?
Speaker 1: Was it like a moment of extreme horniness and you had to do it right then? And there?
Speaker 5: Listen. The point here is not I did it my sectomy.
Speaker 7: The point now, that is the point. Are there any other medical procedures you've performed on yourself?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Doctor?
Speaker 5: Point is it is so simple that if the surgeon decides to do it, and it's able to do it, then older men should have no problem getting that procedure done.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about just the pull out method. The pull out method doesn't work. If it doesn't, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Maybe doctor G was onto something, but I wanted to hear from a regular old Joe who wasn't a doctor, a completely normal American who was willing to get his scrotum touched. Didn't let me watch.
Speaker 1: Why are you getting it the sectomy?
Speaker 8: I'm getting one because my wife has already went through, you know, childbirth and all those different hormone changes. So I just figured that of a sectam was something that I could do to help take some of that birth, not for her.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a kid. She's cute, two years old.
Speaker 7: There are good days, right, those are nice, those good days, and there are bad days.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Yesterday she wouldn't eat.
Speaker 7: So I've made her some oatmeal, and she keeps taking the spoon.
Speaker 2: And throwing the spoon and I would say no throw, and then she'd say no throw, and then I would pick up the spoon.
Speaker 1: And give it back to her, and then she would throw it. And then I'm like, okay, so you're not going to eat.
Speaker 2: So then then I try to put pants on her, but she won't put her pants on. If anything, she ripped off her diaper and it's filled with all this.
Speaker 1: Like gross yurine and pooh.
Speaker 2: And then she throws the diaper up and now the dog is eating the diaper filled with pooh. And I'm going, do I love my kid? I think I love my kid? You know, I tell her I love her all the time, but she never says anything back. If anything, she just takes takes take. You know, here, I am making all this money and she's just is throwing her diapers and throwing the oatmeal, and it.
Speaker 1: It's hard being a parent.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should get the sectomy.
Speaker 8: You should look into it.
Speaker 1: You're a cool guy. I think it's cool you're doing this.
Speaker 2: And if people at home, you know, aren't sure if Travis is a cool dude.
Speaker 3: Sunglasses are on his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for an indoor interview, I mean, if anything that communicates your bad mother, definitely, I look forward.
Speaker 7: To seeing your scruttle sack and the left and right vast difference.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Travis had some great memories with his uncut vast deference. But now it was time to say goodbye. Ohds, No, it's the pipe snippipe snage is no more.
Speaker 1: Snip snip, enjoy the caref s. If change yourrman.
Speaker 3: It's too on the renversable.
Speaker 2: Sleepless nights, you'll still have none, but it won't be from unwanted show.
Speaker 5: We're done, What We're done?
Speaker 3: You're done.
Speaker 1: I haven't even gotten to my other verse. I mean, that's fast, all right.
Speaker 2: No more Travis seeds to impregnate women. That's a hero. And while getting of vasectomy is not a solution in helping women with their reproductive rights, it is a snip in the right direction. Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you.
Speaker 1: Get your podcast. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten.
Speaker 2: Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: This has been a Comedy Central podcast