Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jettie and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: We want to make sure that they all get a mention on the show. It's time for tonight show sponsors.
Speaker 1: Oh ZEMPI.
Speaker 2: Fair warning. It's super obvious when you're on us instacart when you need the wrong things and the wrong sizes, that the wrong temperatures, milk boone, come on, take a bite, you know you want it. McDonald's. Sometimes you just need to eat some big.
Speaker 1: Don Wow, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Robtestin teaching kids how to take shots is nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: Nine in Stackhart when you want the wrong thing at the wrong temperature, in the wrong size, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Do you want to lead off the discussion with what you observed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was reminded of somebody brought up the thing. I'm remember the story last year of most women who would rather come across a bear when they're hiking than a random dude. And I don't know how we culturally convinced the female persuasion that men are so incredibly scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think part of it is also we convinced them that saying that made them look enlightened. They're warriors against the patriarchy. And anyway, hashtag me too in the rest. That is it a big uh.
Speaker 3: I got a big festival going on in my town over the weekend, and uh, we saw a couple of young women holding hands walking down the street.
Speaker 1: And I made, uh, my usual dumb joke of.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, those two women are holding hands? What is going on?
Speaker 1: Like? You know, I just find that funny. You know what. I love to do with my daughter, my youngest, especially because she can take an edgi joke, because We'll see a couple of dudes together and I'll say, I have reason to believe they are homoreseexual.
Speaker 3: Well that's basically what I said. And then my son said. My son said, oh, but they're not. I said what he said, No, girls just hold hands now, I said, they do? He said, yeah, all kinds of girls in my school they do. They hold hands now, And I said, what is that all about? And I saw no less than ten pairs of women holding hands walking down the street. Now I don't know who was straight and who was not, Who was a couple and who's not. But he said they feel safer that way.
Speaker 1: So are we to a.
Speaker 3: Point now where young women feel like they gotta hold the hands with their friends walking in public because it's so freaking scary out there. That doesn't seem good, Katie, you're making a surprised face.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not surprised they This is something that I've seen within my own friend groups. I don't participate in it or necessarily underside. I also didn't connect it with safety.
Speaker 1: Well what is it then? If he's not, we're just guessing as many hands at your disposal to do stuff with. So it doesn't sound like a safety now me.
Speaker 3: But there have been many not like safety, like you're gonna fight, just like a you know, we're together, okay.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I I've been in San Francisco many a time with groups of girlfriends and all of a sudden, two of them are old in hands and they're just doing it to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we were guessing on the it makes them feel safer thing. I mean, people have a tendency to hold hands when they're like, you know, in a scary situation. I've seen it before, so it's a it's a it's a it's an emotional thing. It's not a we're gonna fight thing. But but what do you think striving? You think, Katie, because I was just guessing. I thought alcohol everyone and everyone's two drinks away from a lesbian encounter. That whole thing pretty much. Yeah, lord, oh my, uh.
Speaker 1: There are societies Jack, you know this in the Middle East, especially where grown men walk down the street holding hands. Yeah. I will not be visiting those societies.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, if anybody knows why this is happening, it is happening a lot like.
Speaker 1: And it's recent.
Speaker 3: Because I I've just seen it a lot with my own eyes. So if you know text line four one five two nine five KFTC, I hope it's a different reason. I was thinking, Man, if everybody's so like anxious and uncomfortable that the women that they feel like they need to hold hands like you know, I got you such, I got you two because it's so scary out there.
Speaker 6: That's not good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know me, I've established my cred is being willing to put poo anything done by young people willingly. But I don't know. I'm in favor of real human contact as opposed to online stuff, So I don't know. Maybe it's a reaction to that. That's an interesting theory. Don't know. Anyway, I want to get to this. This is a big new poll of young British adults, and the BRIT's a little further down the road, a crazy than the US depending on where you live. If you live in a lu city or state, could be you're keeping pace with our crazy, crazy cousins over in Britain. But I like the way this is written up before they get to the actual poll results. A young woman sits in a comfortable London flat or a sleek New York apartment, scrolling her feed and convinced the world is rigged against her. She holds a university degree, earns a solid paycheck, and enjoys better workplace opportunities than her male peers at the same age, Yet she feels profoundly unhappy, distrusts men, loathes her country, and views motherhood as optional at best. And it's clear pattern rempeating across Britain and America. Oh Da Da Da. The left leaning New Statesman pulled two thousand British adults between eighteen and thirty. The widening gender gap among the young comes far more from women moving sharply left than men turning right, no matter what the left to media would tell you. Among men under thirty, seventy two percent hold a positive view of women, an interesting lead question. Among women under thirty, only fifty percent feel positive toward men, and the figure drops to thirty five percent among women under twenty five. Wow. So the younger they are, the more they hate men. Wow. Just eighteen percent of women under thirty feel very positive about men, compared with thirty eight percent of men who feel very positive about women. Again, thirty eight to eighteen men to women. More than forty percent of young women say men do not share their understanding of consent, while only twenty five per and men say the same thing about women. That's a fraud topic, But let's get into more sociological stuff. Young women are twice as likely as young men to say they do not want children. The process of bringing a child into the world is a bit heavier on the woman, so I would grant them a little leeway. Yes, but it's fifteen to eight, which is not huge numbers among white women under thirty, though the number rises to twenty percent significantly higher among white women. One in four women call differing political views a red flag and a partner. Sixty percent would struggle to date someone who disagrees on Israel Palestine topics. Jeez, talk about roll my eyes, geeminy. Similar on Trump, seventy four percent said they could not stay with someone who rejects their views on social justice, whatever that means. As Thomas Soul has pointed out, anybody who says social justice isn't talking about society or justice. Young women also show greater reluctance reluctance than men to data cross differences on immigration. Economically, the divide grows sharper. This is the part I really want to get to young women. Now, these are Brits, okay, farther down the road to socialism, which is why they have a moribond, stagnant, the embarrassment of an economy and military and everything else. This is the road we're going now. Young women give give capitalism rather, I really prefer the term the free market, but I'm outvoted. Young women give capitalism a net favorability rating of just plus two, while communism scores plus eleven.
Speaker 3: Well that's ignorance, right, that's a not understanding what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: That is mountainous ignorance.
Speaker 3: That is our education system. How does their education system not teach you about communism since it's the deadliest ideology in world history.
Speaker 1: Well, because at this point Neo Marxists are in charge of our education system, I'm not sure the last thing they want to teach. I'm not sure I ever learned about communism. Oh, it wasn't certainly as it was. It wasn't a big feature of education, although I grew up knowing it. It was just everywhere. Maybe it wasn't necessary. Maybe were you You certainly were aware. We grew up in little different parts of the country, but you were aware of the Soviet you know, a little bit of communism and dirty commedy, scum pinkos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's it. Maybe during the Cold War you didn't teach it because everybody.
Speaker 1: Was bathed in it. Okay, So young women more favorable toward communism, which is just so stupid and ignorant. It's astonishing. Young men. On the other hand, great capitalism at plus twenty eight percent plus two for the women, plus twenty eight for the young men.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now you're all going to the same schools, so that my theory is no good there, then what's happening?
Speaker 1: Well, this is keep in mind, this is Britain. I think part of it has to do with the nature of women's psychology versus men. Men are much more comfortable with I'm more than willing to take this on, go at semi alone and fight for what I want, whereas women are much more into forming coalitions and sharing. It was long said the Republican Party was the daddy party and the Democratic Party was the Mommi party because the Democratic Party won more income redistribution and sharing and being fair and the rest of it, and the Republicans are like, give people freedom and let them make of their lives what they will. So I think that's just not as part of it. Not sure they should have the vote women, Yeah, will take your calls. Oh, let's see. On wealth redistribution, forty three percent of young women say it is unfair that some people have more and that wealth should be taken from them forty three percent. That's three more than the percent who say people deserve to keep what they earn. Good lord. Young men are fifty one thirty seven in favor of the sanity. Yeah. Young women are more likely to believe the economy works against people like them. Yet among sixteen to twenty four year olds, women hold more full time jobs and earn nine percent more on average than men in Britain now, while male youth unemployment six is six point three percent higher than the young women, And yet young women are more likely to believe the economy works against women. Young women report lower happiness, ambition, excitement, and fulfillment than young men. They are twenty one points less optimistic than men about earning more than their parents, and nineteen percent less optimistic about buying the home that they want than young men. In the same society, only fifty three percent of gen Z women say they're proud to call themselves British, compared with sixty eight percent of the gen Z men.
Speaker 3: Only half a woman are proud to be British. This whole Western civilization and hate itself thing is so weird.
Speaker 1: And to reinforce what you're saying, not to interrupt, but to reinforce. Affluent, higher educated women prove the most left wing and most pessimistic. Of course, they have the higher numbers on communism, feminism, feminism, environmentalism, socialism, slavery, reparations of the view that UK is racist or sexist, Absolutely amazing. Among Americans aged eighteen to twenty nine, forty percent of young women identify as liberal, compared to twenty five percent of young men. Let's see, that's only mildly interesting. Then they go into some more of the American numbers, which are quite similar to the British numbers, including mental health diagnoses, which is oh, the famous Pew research survey that we talked about a lot that found that fifty six percent of white liberal women age eighteen to twenty nine reported a mental health diagnoses fifty six percent, double the rate for conservative women the same age. Cart horse, chicken egg. Nobody's doubly sure. Double is a lot. Yes, that's quite a disparity. Yeah, it's twenty eight to fifty six. Wow, let me explain that. Gosh, we had some great essays on that very topic. I wish I remembered their specific reasoning. I'll try to dig them up. That is really interesting.
Speaker 3: Um, Iran just put out a statement, whoever Iran is that they are negotiating with their finger on the trigger. Well, so is the orange tornado. So keep that in mind. More on that and a bunch of other stuff on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 3: It's update on what's going on with the peace talks or the ceasefire or whatever you want to call it war with Iran.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that in a little bit. So we're going over some statistics about British and American young women, particularly young liberal women, and how they're miserable and hate their lives and their countries in the world, and are embracing communism and all sorts of madness. And we were discussing the Pew poll that came out a couple of years ago about how twice as many lefty women as conservative women have sought help for mental health problems. And I thought I had saved a couple of the essays that were addressing this, and they are definitely from the perspective of this is not good. Let's understand it as opposed to haw Haw Hall. Look at those stupid lefties, including this piece by Amy Gallagher, why Women Love Woke, the toxic relationship mad and sad, Women go woke. Woke makes women go mad and sad, and she as well as a couple of other authors that I kept around. Let me get to the gist of this gets into the growing ideological gap, dei safe spaces, therapeutic spaces, bringing your whole self to work, harm reduction, psychological safety, emotionality, conformity, conflict avoidance. We now live in a highly feminized culture. This femininity is taken over the workplace. It is a toxic and destructive form of femininity and ironically the reason why so many women are making poor life choices that leave them unhappy and mentally unstable. If women want to feel better, they must first end their toxic love affair with woke progressivism, which has plunged them into a downward spiral of insanity and despair, or, as they put it in EV magazine, which is definitely women oriented. They point out that the whole woke thing is to constantly flog you with what's unfair, who's oppressed? How you yourself are being exploited and put upon by the patriarchy and capitalism. The whole philosophy is one of grievance as opposed to opportunity and yeah challenges and what are you gonna do into each life? A little rain must fall. Doctor Lyle Rossit, or rather board certified psychiatrists who's treated mental disorders for over thirty years agrees and ads. White liberalism thrives on supposedly champion working, championing workers, minorities, the little guy, women, the unemployed, who they continually sees wrong to cheat, it oppressed, disenfranchised, exploited, victimized with little to no agency of their own, and it is its very philosophy is incredibly pessimistic and full of victimization, helplessness.
Speaker 3: Bring your whole self to work. I had forgotten that phrase, do me a favorite, don't Yeah. It was a response from many of us, how about you, and I'll do you a favor and I want Yeah, Let's none of us bring our whole selves to work. Let's bring the part of us to work that needs to do the job and leave the rest of it at home. If we become friends and you want to share with me, great, not at work. What they're doing in Virginia today and voting for is outrageous.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, arm Strong and getty.
Speaker 7: These refunds are for businesses only. Individuals cannot apply, and it's unlikely that consumers will get any money back. However, FedEx and UPS have said they will pay customers back who paid tariffs directly once they receive those reimbursements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we probably all were affected by the tariffs in one way or another.
Speaker 1: But what are you going to do? What are you going to do? Nothing? Apparently I left out because I was robo scanning. They call me Joe GPT. I was scanning those articles about white women and mental problems and stuff, and I left out one of the most important parts. And this is, you know, practically my life's philosophy. The one thing about the Woke religion is that it preaches against the one quality that human beings must have to have happy lives, and that's resiliency. It preaches that you can't bounce back from these things that you are permanently oppressed unless the patriarchy or capitalism or whatever is overthrown. It needs you to believe that, otherwise you wouldn't become a dedicated to neo Marxist. So, boy, when you browbeats resiliency out of somebody like a young woman, oh my god, you've done a terrible cruelty to them. End of screen.
Speaker 3: Before I get to what they're voting on in Virginia today, which is absolutely outrageous, our producer Steve Hansen said, did you check out Donald Trump's truth social post about Tim Cook. I had not let me read a little bit of it because I came across a phrase.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. So Tim Cook of Apple stepped down. They got a new guy.
Speaker 3: Now, I've always been a big fan of Tim Cook and likewise Steve Jobs. But Steve was not taken from planet Earth so young and ran the company and said of Tim the company would have done well, but nowhere near as well as it has under Tim.
Speaker 1: That's what you.
Speaker 3: Pointed out earlier. That's interesting for me. I don't know if that's true. I mean, nobody will know. But financially, Apple has done very well under Tim Cook. They haven't, you know, invented a new groundbreaking this or that, But groundbreaking this or that's don't come along, you know.
Speaker 1: All the time. Its valuation for shareholders has grown more than any other corporation on Earth except for in video. Wow, that's interesting. During Tim Cook's reign, I mean, what are you gonna argue with that? Right, Trump writes.
Speaker 3: For me, it began with a phone call from Tim at the beginning of my first term. He had a fairly large problem that only I, as president could fix. Most people would have paid millions of dollars to a consultant who I probably would not have known, but who would say that he knew me. Well, okay, the fees would be paid, but the job would not have gotten done. When I got the call, I said, Wow, it's Tim Apple Cook. He puts in Prienthes calling. How big is that. I was very impressed with myself to have the head of Apple calling to kiss my ass.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Trump is so funny. Oh my gosh, what a unique character. I was very impressed with myself to have the head of Apple calling to kiss my ass. Anyway, he explained his problem, a tough one it was. I felt he was right and got it taken care of quickly and effectively. This is the beginning of a long and nice relationship.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blahs everything I was taught not to be. I was very impressed with myself. Here's the head of Apple calling to kiss my ass. That's pretty funny. Funny's one work for him. As always, Jack is amused by this, which I appreciate. What a unique character.
Speaker 3: I'm not amused by what Virginia is doing today, and the media is ignoring it to a great extent. If it's not Fox, I'll read a little bit of what Jonathan Turley is writing today.
Speaker 1: He's the law professor from George Washington University.
Speaker 3: He also lives in Virginia and voted this morning against the Democratic jerry mandering that the state of Virginia is trying to pull off. He opens by talking about how Abigail Spenberger, the governor, ran on being against jerry mandering when it was Texas, and then when her state wants to do it, all of a sudden, she's in favorite.
Speaker 1: But that's its own topic. The interesting thing she even said she wouldn't support the jerry mandering effort in Virginia, but just you know, didn't mean a word of it, But just so you know what's going on here, what they're trying to do in Virginia. It would take a very purple state, almost exactly, a fifty to fifty state, and they've got eleven districts there, so eleven congress people and ten of the eleven will be Democrat and only one Republican in a fifty to fifty state, right, it'd be really creative. AI aated the map drawing, but.
Speaker 3: They did it, it would be the most extreme gerry mannered state in the entire country. The Democrats are insisting they're merely responding to Texas, but this is far more extreme than in any other states. Moreover, this is a purple state where Democrats are not even trying a modest accommodation for roughly half the voters, just similar to what they're trying to do in California. Virginia was once widely cited as a model of fairness in voting. Spanburger, the governor, and the Democrats have now shattered that model. Depending on how the vote goes today. It's a single issue ballot that they're going to vote on today in Virginia is currently polling slightly ahead. We'll see what voters do when they go out today. But that is a huge step in the wrong direction for our country if we decide that, okay, now, we're just gonna completely wipe out the opposition party. If you have the majority, you just don't basically even give the other side any whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Right and Trump and Fairness has been leading the charge on the Republican side to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our ongoing race to the bottom and the fact that neither side is willing to say the other side's doing it too. Jonathan Turley mentions Indiana, which it came up as a topic, and they, the Republicans who are in charge of the state of Indiana, were strongly against any gerrymandering out of the Democrats that are represented.
Speaker 1: And Trump's trying to get rid of those guys. Yeah, getting into state legislature races. Yeah, it's it's absolutely awful and it's un American. What troubles me is the brilliantly insidious progressive tax code. The more progressive you make it, the smaller the pool of taxpayers who actually care about where government money goes. And the reason it relates to this is you've got a pretty large number of folks and organizations, unions especially, that benefit from the free flow of tax dollars out of government, and they absolutely want democratic jerrymandering because they know then there will be no opposition to the crony money flowing their way. And then so you've got that concentrated interest against you know, a fairly small number of folks who actually pay the income tax burden, and they're desperately trying to go to the polls to say, oh my god, this has got to stop. We're bleeding money, but they're outnumbered.
Speaker 3: So Page County, Virginia is a big deal because it's where most of the influencers, mainstream influencers that you listen to when politicians live Page County, Virginia and they have a billboard up saying Trump is telling voters Trump says, vote yes on the jerrymandering vote, which is obviously not true. Jonathan Turley pointed out that this is why the Washington Post denounced the Democrats in Virginia as pushing jerry mandering in the most brazenly dishonest way imaginable. Even the Washington Post called them out for being brazenly dishonest. Wow, the Democrats of Virginia. But that's where we are now. It's just a race to the bottom. I don't know, I don't know where the bottom leads us, probably to ruin.
Speaker 1: Well, people like round numbers. And we made it about two hundred and fifty years. That's a good point before it collapsed. You know, it's a good run. It's about it as long as the Republic is ever gonna last. Quick chattergy now, Yes, a quick checking in on the war with Iran. Iran's defense forces are in full readiness and are negotiating with one finger on the trigger. A spokesperson of Iran's government said in an interviewed this morning. Oh, we're going to blow off the other nine if you're not careful. Yeah, it's belligerents. That's a jingo. So I'm not gonna lie to you. This is not fun. This is adulting, as they say, making sure you have a trust and will to make sure your wishes are known for your mind, children, especially your stuff, your money, your wishes after you go. Trust and Will offers affordable attorney designed to state plans online that you can create in as little as thirty minutes. Yeah, and as little as thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: You can create a will that lets you document your wishes and if it gets more complicated than that, they've got attorney support that is available to add on to your plan. But the big thing is you could get started today and make you know, a really good headway on something that you know you need to do. They've also got state specific tailored to your needs versions, so it works wherever you are.
Speaker 1: What are your wishes for guardians for your kids, asset distribution, healthcare planning, all of it it's included with Trust and Will, and it's secure bank level encryption, secure sharing future, so your most important documents in details stay protected and accessible. Trust and Will. You know you need to do this, You've probably been feeling guilty about it for a long time. Get R done, Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong to get twenty percent off, Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong one more time for twenty percent off, Go to Trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. Get started.
Speaker 3: Pasta sauce has come a long way. You're a buy it in a jar pasta sauce at the grocery store. I feel like when I was younger, a young man, it was okay. Now you can buy some like really really good. I can't imagine why I would go all to all the work to make it from scratch. It's so good pasta sauce at the grocery store anyway. One of your companies, Praygo, has a chunky style. Guy, I am one hundred percent chunky. What are the chunks of veggie goodness? Tomatoes, various herbs and spices. Yeah, I love the chunky style. Yeah, I like them all. I don't I don't know if I'm strong in the direction, but I like a lot of meat in it. I need meat.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you always had our own meat? Do you get it with it? No, that's please. You gotta add your own meat to it. I have done that to do but yeah, just for better uh, pray go.
Speaker 3: It's one of your sauce makers. They've got this new recording device. It looks kind of like a hockey puck or something. You set it in the middle of the table and it will record your family's conversation. It's a bit of a stunt, but the kind of yes, think you admt. But the the it's kind of interesting. Is an idea just in general, the theme recording your family conversations and just half in them, not always, but every once in a while. Who would love that?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Who wouldn't be I don't even know if you could take it emotionally, who wouldn't be amazed?
Speaker 1: To go back?
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about my childhood and listen to my young mom and dad and me and my brother's young sitting around talking at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: Be unbelievable, or my kids, Oh my god, yeah, you know, it was always a laugh riot. I wish I had you know, some documentation of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Here's a here, there's an example where I'm not against recording everything or having microphones everywhere. Your own personal space is more of.
Speaker 1: That stuff, not less. Boy, it's tough, though.
Speaker 3: I wonder when when is the right time? A lot of that stuff. I find it's a so bittersweet. It's just it's it's a roller coaster of emotions. Oh yeah, I've got I got a gazillion because I grew up, my kids were born after the smartphone era. I got so many videos on my phone, like just practically everything. But I mean it's the whole slapping you in the face with how fast time goes by, is.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: You'd have to get over that for sure. Oh my gosh, I'm so busy contemplating it. I can't even form more instent Eh. Pretty cool idea from the Prego company. I wonder if that'll become.
Speaker 3: Especially as hard drive space becomes cheaper and cheaper and cheaper, practically free.
Speaker 1: Why not an audio doesn't take up that now these days? Michael sing a sunrise sunset from Fiddler on the Roof. Would you I love it when you sing the classics. Don't know it?
Speaker 3: No, Oh my god, did you sing Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler?
Speaker 1: Turn around here you go? Wow something something something bright house?
Speaker 3: That was that was like anybody hurt, particularly tuneless?
Speaker 1: Well we we sighted uh meat loafs classic two out of three. Ain't bad, baby. We could talk all night, but we ain't getting I ain't that ain't getting us nowhere again? I heard us the talks with Iran. This is a meat loaf is singing to prumpt I won't either. You got to bomb them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see, we'll see if anybody's going to show up for the talks. I was just looking at the very latest. There's still no indication that anybody's showing up. And if anybody does show up, what will be which makes it have.
Speaker 1: Any deal making authority if they do show up.
Speaker 3: This is farcical. Seems like a hell of a power play. I mean, like Joe and I've been in a lot of negotiations with various things and contracts stuff like that. I feel like if we were showing up and it's like maybe we'll show up, maybe we won't, and we'll let you know who it is.
Speaker 1: It seems like they really have the upper hand. I it's abusive, no doubt. Yeah, or floundering could be that. Yeah, man, Well we'll keep our eye on that story. And a lot of others stay here. I can remember the first time I ever visited Portland. I thought, this is the greatest city I've ever been to. Ever.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely fantastic. It's like a queen San Francisco. That was quite a few decades ago, and it's gone a little crazy since. I'm still an amazing town. But what is this what we're about to hear?
Speaker 1: Katie?
Speaker 4: This is a comedian who is in Portland talking about landing in Portland.
Speaker 3: Landing at the airport, Gotchatland a female armpit.
Speaker 6: Hair was a city. This is it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: All you Land? They let you know where you are. I didn't even get off the plane.
Speaker 5: Seas and gentlemen, thank I'm sorry for saying ladies, sorry to gender that speech.
Speaker 6: We mean humans or transhuman people.
Speaker 5: Just keep in mind the overhead compartments have been filled with illegal migrants, so let them scatter off. Let them off first. If you're white, don't forget to denounce your privilege before you get off the plane. Apologize to a black person or a queer person for a bunch of shit you never did. We're going to do a quick Land acknowledgment before we exit. We just want to acknowledge that Gate fifty five was.
Speaker 6: Stolen from Delta.
Speaker 5: It's now United and so we just want to apologize. We want to just remind you of the wonderful things that you can do while here in Portland. You can burn down a liquor store without getting arrested. Enjoy some of our great sights, like going to a CVS and having a teenager unlock your condoms while you wait fifteen.
Speaker 6: Minutes an embarrassment.
Speaker 5: Head down to the park and watch your hair onin out of shoot needles at ire.
Speaker 6: Eight year old. Welcome to Courland International.
Speaker 1: Well that's actually true. That was really good. It's really good. The Land acknowlishman was funny. Thanks metal guy. Yeah, true apropos of nothing, but kind of interesting. The new King of Jeopardy Jamie Ding, is the nicest champ ever. Everybody loves him. Awkward looking Asian guy wears orange every single day. It's his favorite color. He waves like he just learned how yesterday, like he's three years old. Uh self, deprecating wit and interest, so quirky, they're cool, chasing eclipses, writing in italics, driving around with his trivia friends, looking for a rare goose, writing in italics. Yeah, but everybody loves him, apparently. I haven't seen him. I don't watch Jeopardy these days, but his chosen introduction is Jamie is a bureaucrat and a law student. He clarified in one episode, I'm a faceless bureaucrat. But now that I'm on television, I guess that's not true anymore. He works on affordable housing. It is as an administrator in a New Jersey state agency, and is in a weekend law program at Seaton Hall. Let's see what do they say. He never comes off as cocky, almost seems embarrassed when he wins. I love this. He has blazing buzzer speed, a knowledge range that borders on omniscience, a nerve for wagers that makes the studio audience gasp. He's earned more than three quarters of a million dollars so far. Jack. Good for him. It's pretty damned impressive. It's an American success story.
Speaker 3: I want checking out a sad story real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: The Sunday Times featuring letters from Jimmy Lai. If you remember him, he's the free speech activist billionaire from Hong Kong who got thrown in prison by the Chinese Communist Party to die there.
Speaker 1: He's an old man.
Speaker 3: He's a wealthy man who risked his life running a news organization in Hong Kong despite demands from the Communist Party to shut it down.
Speaker 1: They finally arrested him.
Speaker 3: They found him guilty of some trumped up complete book bs. Anyway, he's been writing letters to his children and wife that they britished in. They published in the Sunday London Times. The Times reported that Jimmy Laie has been denied medicine for his diabetes. He's dramatically lost weight, his teeth of being in rounding out, his fingernails are falling off, and he's still being held in solitary confinement. They're torturing an old man to death because he wanted free speech. That's the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 1: Absolute hero for mankind, advocate for the natural rights of man, specifically well liberty and free speech in particular, one of the most adorable human beings on.
Speaker 3: Her yep should be stat There probably will be someday statues dam all around the world a lot of young people, like the Communist Party got a polling on that for hour four. If you don't get it, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty