Speaker 1: Hello, Uh, Hi, can you hear me? Hi?
Speaker 2: Hey, I can. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Let's go with Jack, Jack. What's up Jack? That sounds like something Joe. That sounds like something Joe Biden would say, what's up Jack?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: How's life?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's it's upset, it's up, it's it stuns.
Speaker 3: Up and down.
Speaker 1: Found Uh lately I've actually kind of texted you, uh some kind of broad strokes information about myself.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I I I did not get your text? Why don't you? Why don't you say it to us again?
Speaker 1: Fair enough? Uh? So I'm an earth relatively new uh started about a year ago. Uh, but I've been out of work lately because of the knee injury, because of a fight that I didn't want to get involved in, but bachnically want until I got until other people stepped in. Oh and I also recently lost my virginity.
Speaker 2: You recently lost your virginity?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: How how is that? Tell me that? Tell me tell me all the juicy details if you so desire.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean technically nobody knows me, so why not? It was a wonderful time. It was actually a first date with a co worker, and you know, I would have just been happy with just like a you know, a date. But uh, you know, we were watching some anime, some I think with death Notes, and eventually we started to get a little freaky and uh yeah it was pretty awesome. And uh, well what's really cool is there seems to be a little uh spark between us, like, uh, you know, we really enjoy each other's personality, like we were co workers for like a year before we even thought of doing anything.
Speaker 2: Wow. Pretty cool, Pretty cool. All right, So this isn't just a uh uh an anime induced sexual rendezvous. This is uh the potential buds of something that could could could last a while.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't get me wrong, those animated cities probably helped, but I mean no, I think, uh, I mean, I think, I mean because you really like you are the only thing that might might worry me is you know, she works a lot, which you know I give you know, she she had a kid, so I mean she's gotta care for her care for her kid. But I mean, you know, you know I want to see her. I don't think uh yeah, no, no, no, it's like get dead. You gotta take care of that kid. But I don't know. I mean, you know what I mean, I'm trying to be respectful dead, but it's also like I want to spend time with her, And TJ also went to say, that's like I really want to spend time with you too.
Speaker 2: Interesting interesting, interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like we both want it. We both get there's natural reasons why there's barriers. We're both readable adults. It's just we want to see each other more. It would be nice.
Speaker 2: What is the how many times have you guys rendezvous?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well the first uh well, after that first day, my parents were out of town for quite a few days, so you know, we had to have for ourselves, so we made good ships to that pretty good uh yeah, yeah, but uh we have I have that on taking her to well. I guess I shouldn't say excadinly why it is because uh you know right now I'm doing a pretty good job and keep my calfe ambiguous. But it's a really nice little uh little things that I would have a nice little air on beyond romance to it that she's really like only downside of the time falls a lot of walking. But I can do it with my life. I've gentually been doing daily walks for about a mile or two to try to build up strength for my knee surgery that's coming up.
Speaker 2: Mmm all right, so let me let me recap this. All right, So you're taking this lady out on a romantic date to like a what like to like a fucking botanical garden or something like.
Speaker 1: That, something like it. It's like a light show type thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, very cool, very nice, guys. What I mean, you don't have to tell me the nitty gritty, but what what do you guys work at?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What kind of industry.
Speaker 1: We work at? We both work in a hospital. We both work on a neurosurgical form.
Speaker 2: Oh, holy fucking tits. Ye that's that's huge. That's a lot. Yeah, okay, So you're both busy medical professionals and she has a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and she also had a second job that she actually is gonna be starting back up soon too. So it's like if I think she's busy, now, oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but you're getting the vibe from her, because I mean, that's the thing, right, is that like it's hard to tell. I mean some some sometimes you kind of sometimes your gut tells you and you can decide whether or not you want to believe it. But it's like hard to tell whether or not. It's like somebody is like a lot of the times, yes, people are like actually genuinely fucking busy. Like do you get the vibe that she's like genuinely actually busy and wants to wants to make it work. And she's not like.
Speaker 1: Blowing you off. She's like like a teddy bear. She's so sweet.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: And I also really think that she had a problem. She she hasn't been she had had ashe was just saying it before.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm. And so hmmm, uh how long have you guys? So you got but you guys are not like in a religious a fairly new thing happening. But yeah, you're trying to you're trying to invest in the relationship with the hope being that it can become a stable thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and also she was telling me about how uh well her baby dad yould tell I was telling her one day, I really want to spoil you. It's just like, oh, never handache. But it's like, wait, do you have a you have a kid, your baby's dad You never spoiled you. Never like you know, gate never like gave you a bunch of like nice things. I'm like, Mother's ding dope bony thing tacuts for Mother's Day from him with a with a balloon, which is like that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you you're telling this lady, You're like, I want to spoil you. I want to get you all these nice things and and all that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I mean, nothing too crazy, I mean, but I mean, I mean I want to I want to give her some you know, nice things. A little bit like uh I gave her this, Uh well, I gave her this one. Uh this one break like like you know, very you know, relatively cheap. She said, she doesn't, you know, go for like the really nice things. So I said, okay, some mean it'll flucks, but looks good, you know what I mean. And I think it turned out very nice.
Speaker 2: Cool man, cool, This sounds nice. This sounds nice. So this is this is your first first foray into like a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like and she's really understanding of Also it's like, well, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is the difference between you know, you know, thinking you have feelings and actually having the feelings. I think I have the feelings, but it's also like, you know, I've never had these feelings before, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally totally can ask how old you are?
Speaker 1: Going on?
Speaker 2: Really cool, very nice, very nice.
Speaker 1: Right, here's a great thing about many it's now it's not up because I used to be a virgin. Now I'm an authentic man.
Speaker 2: Very good, very nice. Do you feel different? Do you feel like you know you've you've shed some metaphor weight?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, honestly, there's this great analogy I've heard about having sex before that I thought and I still think it's great sex, especially having sex for the first time. It's like going to New York. You know, it's a lot of fun. You know, it's a it's a new experience, and you get to kind of connect with others because you now have because by going to New York, you have experience to kind of draw upon when you talk about your students, you know, going to New York. At the end of the day, it doesn't really change you. You're not any different as a result. You just went to New York. How was it? Did you have fun?
Speaker 2: Right? Right, No, yes, you you're You're the same guy before and after you had sex for the first time. It didn't. It didn't didn't really mature. It didn't. It doesn't. Yeah, I guess if I mean so, some people have varying degrees of UH it's shame or whatever associated with UH for unity or whatever. But it's like, at the end of the day, there's no you are the same person before and after you lost your virginity. It didn't really do it didn't. It didn't ultimately do much to change your identity or your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well one thing it did change. I found out that differently. I've been brainwashed by porn and the thinking that a that ache, that a actually big dick isn't a big dick. And I found that out personally. You know what I means.
Speaker 2: I actually hold on, let me see if I know what you mean. Okay, you were brainwashed by porn into thinking that. Okay, porn brainwashed you into thinking that.
Speaker 1: Basically I had like a maybe subpart uh, you know, machinery at best during that and then actually.
Speaker 2: Have it turns out you actually have a huge cock.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say, dude, but.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, pretty good. You saw well, look whether or not look whether or not this experience was identity shaping or life defining. It sounds like you're having a good time. That's what matters.
Speaker 1: I mean they barely elevated me after my knee got you went out and not being able to work that Uh mainly that didn't that that didn't make me feel super great about myself, and then that made me feel awesome. I would I would have, but I'm like one of those like cane dances that like you see like Sinatra doing those old movies. If it wasn't for the fact that I should twigged this thing.
Speaker 2: And who who? Tell me more about who? Who is this lady that you're seeing that as the kid, Like, what's her? What's her deal?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, she's been working as uh well, she's the work as a healthcare worker there for quite a while before I was working there. She'sn uh she's very uh health centric focused. She's in uh very focused. She's heavily focused on making trying to make sure she uh you know, uh keeps your mental in check. And uh it's not that's the lose the way. It's a little bit harder because she has to like metabolic. That's a let her unfortunately. So it's it's so it's for I mean honestly because it's it's worse really for her because like you know, you know, your your body is the one that took made me. H man, So I think it's beautiful, But I mean I also understand how you know, you also want to you know, benefit yourself from a health perspective, and you know all that. So I also support you trying to, you know what I mean. So it's like I'm having to trade both sides of I think you're beautiful, but also I support you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's sweet, that's very nice. You sound like a sweet good Jack. You sound like a sweet guy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. I it's coming for you especially. I appreciate that it finds you to be kind of a very in such full person.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks man, God damn h are you are you sound? Are you happy?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: You sound like you're you sound like a joyful man.
Speaker 1: Well, well that's what part is. Because of my b being on disability, my dad said, I can only do uh stationary work. And I'm not sure if you really notice what nurses, especially on surgical floors do, but uh, none of what they do is really stationary. They're constantly moving up exactly. It's exactly. So it's like that basically means Okay, you have to stay home and just focus on recovery. And the ponts aroblem is with how the system is set up. I mean, I basically have to wait a month before my surgery and I did it today if I if it is that with an option and then the recovery for that, it's like a month. So it's like that's two months that I can't work or get full pay. So it's like, you know, but I mean, I'm taking that, but it's also like I'm getting paid also does not work? Is another way to look at it.
Speaker 2: Do you and you still you live with your parents?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you have? Are you hoping to move out at some point soon now that you have like you know, you got your money coming in, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I am, I'm making ill want plans for it right now. The plan is because especially I just had my associates. My plan is to get my uh bachelor's uh, which will allow me to get the certificates that allows me to better specialize in my field. Make a bunch of money, and then you know, paying for rents gonna be just trump change.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean like it say I still, here's the thing is now that I have a girlfriend, strug girl about that. Now that I have a girlfriend and that I'm paid, I kind of don't have a reason delete the house at the public.
Speaker 2: Is it? But before you get ahead of yourself, is this lady your girlfriends yet?
Speaker 1: I mean we we definitely think it's something. I think she would she would be opposed to the term girlf And apparently she's already told everybody at works had we've you know, uh she you know did did that?
Speaker 2: She she she already she told everyone to work that you guys had sex.
Speaker 1: Apparently.
Speaker 2: I mean that's, I guess a good sign. That means that there was.
Speaker 1: Apparently like a huge like flirt, so like apparently like she it that I exactly new for her. So most of mean it's all good things to too.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, Jack, it sounds like it sounds like, uh, it sounds like everything is correct me if I'm wrong, But from our fifteen minutes together, it sounds like things are actually going pretty well in your universe.
Speaker 1: But yeoing, it's going well. I mean, you know it could be better, but I mean, you know you can't control people. I mean, you know, it just says I forgave that guy that you know give you a bad knee from now on?
Speaker 2: Wait which guy someone gave you a bad name?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what's going Why I have to have the bad knee and uh some surgery comment up, It's because, like I got, I got in some fight that I didn't want to at a like a parade, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, right right right? Did you tell me the story of this fight earlier in this call?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think I taught touched on it, but uh, you know you got but initally I kind of threw a lot of interesting things that he is. So it's uh aga, I'm playing for Game detected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened with the fight? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What transpired?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was down to the parade. I was trying to I was trying to just jill get some booze, and this guy just uh won't please, won't leave me alone. He starts swinging at me. I take him down the first time, tell him to leave me alone. And then he starts following me. I should have just uh, I could have just uh, I would have just kept walking because honestly, he was so drunk, and so he's take down the first time. If I would have, uh would have made it like a yard before stumbling on his own face. But I got in my head about how I didn't want to be looking over my shoulder the whole time while I was at the parade, so I decided, okay, let's just take care of this. And then uh, I was only waiting to fight. But then uh, some other people jumped in and uh then the way he uh, he was able to rest his arms around my leg and away where he was able to basically tackle into my knee, and that caused my a cl and my ladder o miniscus to get torn as a result.
Speaker 2: So, okay, hold on, I don't understand. I don't understand here. You're at a parade, you're drunk. Why does he start swinging first?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Did you bump?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no no he no, he's drunk. I'm just like, I'm just like a little bit buzz maybe a little uh, you know, stoned. You know, I'm mostly trying to like, you know, get it, get it the lag. This is before I had a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how did you So why did he But why did he swing at you?
Speaker 1: Because he was drunk as hell and just with with intention to do harm. He was trying to from my understanding, he was trying to fight people all day.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Okay, so he was so okay, So you're telling me this guy was just you didn't like to hit on his girlfriend or something.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was literally just passing this dude by barely. Wait you try to try to talk to me. But he was drunk and I did know what he was saying and didn't like the way he was saying to me. So I may have told him to funk off, But I mean.
Speaker 2: You're and you're telling you're telling me that the first you took him down, you like, what how would you do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: The first time I did was well, basically, he swung at me, so I uh, I grabbed like, uh, I did the typical white boy thing of grabbing the back of his shirt and swing and swinging at at the back of his shirt and swinging at him while taking him down, just because I didn't even want to fight the dude, So why would I fight fair?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: But still hope whoever, I hope, whoever is like in charge of it administering your disability didn't see you beat this guy up.
Speaker 3: Because then.
Speaker 1: I was trying I can join my Dodger said, just so that way they know exactly, because I'm pretty sure when he tagled into my knee that was what tore up my ato.
Speaker 2: But now, okay, so you grabbed the back of his shirt and then just started like punching him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, just started swinging at him while also bringing him down into the ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then what'd you do? You were like, all right, now leave me alone, and then you walked.
Speaker 3: Away, uh more or less.
Speaker 1: I mean, I may have. And they have also called him a super drunk, super dumb drunk or something like that. But uh, you know, he was swinging at me for no reason, I mean, kind of warranted, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then he starts following you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he starts following me, you know, he you know, he starts spearing up and then I take him down, and then somebody and then something somebody else jumps in, which allows him to uh that's up my knee and I and then some things have it, but I'm as to get away, uh more or less, mine's the knee on.
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's even a video of it if you want to see it. I mean I don't want to, like I want to show it the rest of the people because my state sent it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, sure, yeah, you can, you can send it. I can look at this video of you beating up a guy in my free time.
Speaker 1: Sure if it's just in the in the text.
Speaker 2: Option with the sure, sure you can text that to me? Wait can I can you text it to me right now? And then I can live react to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, I mean I had pulled out really quick. I have it. Take here some okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to see this video of you beating this guy up.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's rude, I will say it's. Uh. It even kind of when viral first.
Speaker 2: Gonna be honest, it went viral like oh you where where did you put it online?
Speaker 1: I didn't do do anything. A bunch of other people, like a bunch of people you see in the video, like we were surrounded, sorry, doing a kind of same thing.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. Okay, so you're on motherfucking world star here.
Speaker 1: Something like that for sure. Oh, here's one of them. Here's one of them, all.
Speaker 2: Right, send it over. Yeah, let's see here, all right. And okay, I'm actually looking at the text that you sent me before you said, Hey, gek, I'm a nurse out of work because of a bad knee. I've been listening to a lot of smooth jazz while taking weed and nitrous. Okay, that sounds fun. All right, Let's see this video that's on facebookund amazing. Oh all right, hold on, let's see this. Hold on, Hold okay. The first I haven't watched the video yet, but the top comment this is a I'm watching this on Facebook. You sent me a Facebook link. The top comment is how the fuck did they both lose?
Speaker 1: All right? Hold on? Well, well it's funny because it's like you E would tell like to do somebody like with kicking the other dude didn't. Well I'm not sure if it shows.
Speaker 2: Sure we're actually really beating the ship out of this guy. Wow.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna play fight mood, and I felt like this lank him.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Hold up, Oh, there's like a bunch of what was this sort of a high school. Where the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: How kind of a gas station?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. You know this guy is like a lot bigger than you too.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I don't want to say too much, but apparently he might have been a member of something or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that even means. Oh wait, okay, he's pinned you, but he's on top of you. Now, Oh yeah, he's stomping on you. Wait, hold on, hold hold on. What's your name again, dude?
Speaker 1: Uh? Jack? Jack?
Speaker 2: I don't think you won this fight?
Speaker 1: Well well again, well again, well again. I had in control till the one dude jumped in.
Speaker 2: Jack. I don't think Jack, I don't think you won this fight.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This ended with this guy stop stomping on you, dude.
Speaker 1: And believe it or not, the stopping barely did anything.
Speaker 2: Uh let's see. Okay, I'm reading the comments. Now, why are you guys saying they both lost? The big goofy man got put on his face. That's extremely funny. Okay, well now you got him. You had him in the first half, though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, well, yeah, I mean what happened?
Speaker 6: What I get what?
Speaker 1: I should have just left him down, you know, I got you know, I basically gave him my lege. That was not my issue.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, I feel like, uh, this is so this is extremely funny. Are you are you okay? Well, look Jack, I mean you you you had sex, you have a job, or you have money coming in? Are you tell me before we go? Are you planning on is? Did you get everything out of your system? Are you ready to not fight people anymore? Or or should the folks?
Speaker 1: I didn't want to fight that dude to begin with that.
Speaker 2: I was, bro, you look in the video you look very excited to fight this guy.
Speaker 1: No, No, what I looked like with pissed off, like he was annoying the fuck out of me. I told him, leave me alone. I'm not in a playfy mood. He can't follow followed me.
Speaker 2: He told he unfortunate. Look, believe whatever you want. But he kind of looks like he won the fight. He was at the by the end of the fight, you were on the ground and he was stomping on you and people had to take him away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well, well when he taggled into me when I was doing my atl Yeah so I good. Understanding was kind of difficult by that point.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack stay out of trouble. Hopefully you and this girl will get married and have beautiful children in a beautiful life, or he'll be a beautiful step dad. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, be smart out there.
Speaker 3: It's dangerous, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, take care, Jack, good.
Speaker 1: Luck you as well, Gek you as well. I wish you blessings on blessings.
Speaker 2: Hey, you two men, take care.
Speaker 1: I bet that.
Speaker 2: For respect of that guy's privacy, I'm not going to share the video, but I do wish that I could jump somehow show it to the listeners. It is funny because now that I watched that video where he pretty clearly lost to the fight, it brings into credible I'm not Here's the thing I'm when this podcast as a whole. I'm not a big I'm not big on pressing people as to whether or not I believe that they are telling the truth. But it does bring into question. It does bring this gentleman's credibility into question. He probably had sex. Even if it didn't have whatever, whatever this man did with his life was probably fine. I wish him good luck. I hope he had hope he continues to have sex. I hope he stays out of fights and uh may ill oh bless him. Hello, Hey, what's up man? What's your name? I'll go by Chudley, Chudley? What's happened in Shudley? How can I? How can I get you today? What's going on with you? Sir?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I have been really vibing with the conversations you've been having lately with the last couple of people about kind of having a decent or good life. I feel like that arc from people being like, oh, my life's really shitty to kind of finding that like piece and redemption, like whether it be through Like I've been really vibing with the talk about SSR eyes.
Speaker 2: I work in the medical.
Speaker 3: Field, so it's always like yeah, it's always like I don't know, people like villainize it because I work in the emergency room. So you see a lot of people who come in with like you know, they're on like a huge list of these SSR eyes, and people just see them as crazy. So it's kind of nice to be able to see like, no, this actually helps like normal people, Like this is you know, something very helpful and not just his zombie drug to make crazy people not crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'm on my own ssri I journey right now. Who fucking knows where it's gonna lead. But I mean, are you do you are you into pills? Do you like popping pills.
Speaker 3: For a little bit. I was just doing like they have like anti anxiety mens. I don't know if you've ever heard of like like people sometimes people use like bendryl. You can use like super simple like allergy meds is like a way to like calm yourself down. Like when I was in college, I used to Yeah, it's it's pretty nice. Well it's not gnarly. It's actually really cool because they're they're like as needed use. You know how like with your meds right now, you probably have to take them for like six weeks before you start seeing like any kind of effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these ones you can take like you're like, holy shit, I feel like I'm gonna like puke from how much I'm like shaking. So you could be like, all right, cool, I'm just gonna take one of these and then I'll feel a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing is they tell you they're like, yeah, it's gonna start working in six weeks, and I'm like, who the fuck has six weeks?
Speaker 3: Right? It's it's And then sometimes what happens is after six weeks is up, You're like, well, fuck, I don't feel any different, so now I gotta shine new one.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ, I don't know. I I kind of talked about this to freaking death on this show. But it's like, I who knows, if you know, I don't know, if I don't know if having a magic pill is going to fix everything. It's it's uh, it's a little bit of a balancing act. But what's your name again, Chudley, Chudley? Well, tell me about yourself, Chudley, what's going? Who are you? Who are you? Chudley?
Speaker 3: Well? I guess currently, I don't know how I describe myself. I work in and you are I want to go into medicine. I'm applying a medical school, so that's the plan, but my work kind of I don't know if you've ever worked a job or kind of been in like a field where you're like, this is what I want to get into. Like, I know you've talked about doing film and comedy, and then you actually see like the nitty gritty of it, like the I guess, for lack of better words, of blood and guts and you're like, oh fuck, it's just really what I'm cut out to do, Like am I really? Am I going to do this for the rest of my life? That's kind of where I'm at right now. It's not I know, I know you've been talking about like the existential dread a lot lately, but like it's that's how it feels. Unfortunately, I feel like that's the epitomy of kind of what I'm dealing with right now. I'm at like that weird liminal like do I keep going through this or do I just drop everything and do something completely different?
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, yeah, no you can, can't you You kind of can get it, get in your head an idea of like what a lifestyle is like, or of what a path is like, and then right you go and you actually see it and you're like, oh fuck, I didn't know I had to like actually do things. That's a fucking yeah bomber.
Speaker 3: It's it's crazy. I mean, I guess, specifically in the New York's I'm like, you're always seeing like the craziest shit that's like where you all the crazy stories, like I have so many stories, Like it's actually so funny. It's like all this crazy shit that you see all the time. But then also like some of the doctors and they just fucking hate themselves. They just hate their jobs and they like hate themselves. They just I feel like a lot of those people get into those professions and then it's like something you get too far into and you're like, well, it's like kind of the sunk costs fallacy. You're like, fuck, I'm already too deep in. I just have to keep pushing through.
Speaker 2: Okay. It makes you feel like these people hate themselves.
Speaker 3: They speak so poorly of the job, just in the sense of like I'm like, you know, we have other people. I have worked with other people. I'm a scribe, so I'm like a glorified secretary. It's like you just write down everything. You're just a con conscientious like spectator. I don't touch anyone, I don't do anything. I'm just making the charts. So I'm like a quote unquote perspective like person for the field. So when I ask some of these doctors, I'm like, hey, like I'm super interested in doing this I've had people blade us like straight up just tell me, like no, don't do it, Like this sucks, Like do you see how tired I am? And you see like all the crazy shit that's going on, it's not gonna get any better, it's just getting worse. So they just have this like very distinct like oh man, it's like it's like a loading for themselves but also for the people around them. They just become horrible, horrible pieces of shit, which is like really it's really hard to see because you're like, this is my doctor, Like this is a potential person that I could see like when I'm in pain or like when I'm like suffering at my lowest, and they just hate themselves so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's.
Speaker 3: That's that's kind of a trippy thing to think about. I don't know, I'm only speaking for my like from where I'm at, so I don't know if that's more of a widespread kind of systemic thing, but I would assume everyone's got the same shit going on everywhere, so it's probably similar at different places.
Speaker 2: How old are these doctors? These are like you know like people in the like fifties and forties.
Speaker 3: No, you'd be surprised. Some of them are like I'm not like super privy to like exactly how old they are, but some of them are maybe mid thirties, early forties. Most of the older guys there that are like in their fifties, that kind of I feel like that's like what they wanted to do. But it's also, uh, maybe they kind of just swallow their pride and they're like fuck it whatever, Like I'm already doing this, And I hate to villainize the entire career because I feel like the way that I'm speaking about it is very like reductionary. Because then on the flip side, you have people who are super like altruistic, who like will go like spend thirty minutes with someone when they really only need to spend like five minutes with them. And that's like, you know, I can't speak to the entire profession, like I don't want to taint the entire fucking I'm just speaking from my own personal experiences and my grievances that I'm like, man, this sucks. Like we have a lot of people here who English isn't their first language, so that also comes into play a lot too, where a lot of these providers just become like super bitter. They're like, oh, you don't speak English, all right, cool, We're gonna see the next person. And I'm like, what the fuck, Like that's crazy, Like just because they don't speak you are English, It's like you're just gonna fucking skip him. Like it's not it's this crazy stuff that goes.
Speaker 2: On all of them that's really crazy. Yeah, And so you're a right now, you're a scribe and like all these people that you're seeing in the er who like fucking hate themselves, You're over here like, oh no, if I keep going down this road, I'm gonna turn into one of these people who hate themselves.
Speaker 3: That is one hundred percent my fear, Like currently as it stands, I'm like, that is my fear, Like I because I'm so I also see myself as like this naive like twenty four year old. I'm like, dude, I'm so like fresh and young, and I'm like, oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna change the world, like I'm gonna do all these things, and but I don't know what I'm gonna be like twenty years from now. Like I talked to my deurpist about that all the time. I'm like, dude, this is like, that's my existential dread. That is what I'm so concerned about, is that the pressures of the job or whatever the other external factors are. These people might have just looked just like me when they were my age, but now twenty years down the line, they're like a completely different person because I spend you know, day and day out exposed to all this prap. So that's that's that's a big fear of mind for sure. It's like, yeah, I don't know how to control that. There's no way that it's like trying to control the future.
Speaker 2: What did your therapists have to say about that? I'm curious.
Speaker 3: It's actually really interesting because I have I have two therapists, not because not for any particular reason, but I have the therapist that I've had for like the last like four years, and she's not covered by my insurance. But then the other one is, so I just have two by chance. But anyways, one of them goes down the physiological kind of logic behind it of like you know, once you get twenty five to twenty six, your brain kind of stops like making you neural pathways. So the person that you are at like twenty five twenty six is most likely the person that you're gonna be twenty thirty forty years down the line. It sucks, I know, right, that's like it's it's like fuck, Like well, okay, it's kind of puts you in a box. But then my other therapist kind of goes down this more like holistic like spiritual route of like, well, all of the experiences and everything that you've like lived throughout your life to get to where you are now, I have like made you the person that you are today, and that doesn't necessarily dictate what's going to happen twenty thirty years down the line because you have this like I'm not trying to speak like to my ego or anything, but I really do genuine genuinely feel like I'm a decent human being, Like I actually try to like go above and be hones specifically missetting, Like if someone a lot of the times we have Spanish speakers, I'm bilingual, so I'll try to help as much as possible, and I'm like spending extra time with them when I'm not supposed to be, like I've actually gotten in trouble for so spending more time with them, which I'm like, that's so stupid, Like why am I getting in trouble because I'm helping these people. So I say that because I agree with the holistic therapist kind of perspective of like if I don't want to become those people twenty forty whatever you years down the line, I won't because I'll just keep coming back to the crux of who I am. And they always speak about like you're developing your principles now, like what are your principles that you can't like certain things that you can't sway, those are going to be things that are going to be you know, further down the line, like I won't be able to compromise on these things, and then those are just going to dictate like your relationships, your workplace relationships, and then even just like your beliefs. Like so I don't know that's the I lean into that more. I hope that that's I stay true to who I am. So that's the plan. But yeah, I'm sorry, I hate to get like all spiritual and deep with you. I feel like conversations.
Speaker 2: Get get spiritual and deep, get spiritual and deep, it's all it's. Yeah, that therapy gecko has has slowly become therapy for the gecko. So it's interesting to hear or hear other people's perspectives on these on these things. Yeah yeah, old, go ahead, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I was just gonna say that when I first started listening to you, it's actually really funny. It's a funny story that I'd always wanted to tell you. So I started listening to you in twenty twenty one, I think, and I was right. So I was kind of going through like a relationship breakup and then my dogs, both my dogs had just died, and I was like so distraught that I couldn't even listen to music. And I was like, dude, I have to do something, because every time I got to my car, I was like crying. And I literally was like, I think I was on TikTok or something. I saw you pop up and I was like, let me just listen to him, and you were literally the only thing that was like I don't know what it was like. I mean, you're awesome, You're fantastic, but like something about like hearing about other people's stories like was able to just calm me down. I was like saying, oh, my god, I'm so distraught about all this stuff, But somehow hearing about other people's plights kind of made me feel like, Okay, I'm not the only person in this world who's like, you know, suffering or feeling like shitty, like kind of like that collect of like, okay, yeah, we're all No one is perfect, like we're all kind of all in this together.
Speaker 2: So interesting.
Speaker 3: I retrospectively thank you for that, like recroactively for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure. It's funny because it's funny to hear you say that, because I've been yeah lately, for me to calm down, I listened. I like to listen to things that have like nothing to do with real life, Like I'm listening to I'm listening to a lot of old come down episodes. I'm listening to a lot of like ranking all of the appearances of Walla Oigi and the Mario Party games, like just ship that has nothing to do with anything. It's interesting. I guess it's interesting to me that when you're feeling down, you want to listen to other people other things that are like life y, you know, because it feel less alone. Yeah, instead of like dround, instead of just like tuning completely out.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, No, I don't know. I don't. I wonder if it's like feeding, Like sometimes I feel kind of like weird about it. I'm like, am I feeding it? Kind of like what you spoke about a couple episodes ago. You were like, oh, if I'm like constantly telling myself that I'm like depressed, or if I have these things, then it's just going to become the identity that I live. That's like sometimes my concern is, I'm like, if I keep listening to this, am I just going to keep reinforcing these thought patterns? But then you also the all on the flip side of it too. I feel like you also have that self awareness to know like, oh, I'm already thinking about this, so it can't be my reality because I know both sides right now, so I can kind of like stop it. I know. It's like you can split hairs. You can just split hairs intimately with this, it's it's yeah, so yeah, I don't. I try not to do that, and then I just I do something like you said, like I watch all it, I'll watch old episodes come down, or I'll do like what else do I watch? Watch? Kso I feel like that it's kind of like brand dead content. You just kind of like tearing your brain off. He's just like, oh man, so.
Speaker 2: What was I gonna say to you? Yeah, I guess yeah. It's interesting. I feel that way too, where I'm thinking, like, Okay, how do I don't want to hate myself in twenty years. I'm pretty young, and I'm like, what decisions do I need to make today? And as the days go on to uh make it so that I don't I don't hate myself. I see a lot of lately. I don't know if I talked about this on the podcast slightly, but I've been meeting a lot of like old people, like older people who are happy. This isn't meeting. But I hung out with my dad. My dad is sixty six, and I hung out with him the other week. I hung out with him and my uncle, and my dad is like talking with my uncle about TV shows and he's joking around and he he's making you know, he's just like happy. He's just like seemed happy and calm and he's in the moment, you know. And I thought that was And then I hung out with like my friend's dad and he was making jokes and happy and calm and in the moment. And it's funny because my dad, my friend's dad. These people like they like I'm sitting I'm twenty seven. I'm sitting over here like having a existential dread and like afraid I'm gonna about like you know, death or whatever. And it's like these older people that I'm meeting. I met this guy in an Uber He was my Uber driver and he was like sixty something and I was just and he was talking to me about how he's been driving Uber for thirty five years and how he has like a thirty two year old son and a thirty year old daughter and they all live together and he's like just very happy. He was just talking to this very like happy guy about his family and his life. And it's funny because all these guys are like way closer to death than I am, and they have way less fucking anxiety. Like they're just like they're these these like they're present, they're calm, they're chilling, they're living their lives. And I'm like, uh hm, how does how did they get there where they're just like chilling? How do people get to that? Cause it is like being alive, being alive. Being conscious is tremendously if you from a certain point of view, and in the point of view that I think I've been like kind of locked into for the past couple of months, is that like being alive is like a tremendously frightening thing, and yet we live in a world where people are able to just kind of handle it and be okay and watch The Bachelor and you know, take a shit and like be everything, like be normal and calm, which I think is actually the what you're supposed to do is just be normal and calm. I don't know, I don't know how people get that. I don't know if I don't know if that's like a medication thing. I don't know if that's a lifestyle thing. I don't know if that's I don't know if some people just have it and some people don't. But yeah, yeah, you know what's.
Speaker 3: I it's so interesting that you say that, because I was thinking about that a lot. I kind of grapple with mortality all the time too, about thinking exactly what you're talking about, like especially in e or because you see people just die all the time, right, But it's so strange because you're, yeah, what you're saying too about like I feel like the people who see there like semi five and I'm like usually older, they're so calm, and you know what the biggest I don't know because this is a super antidotal I have no like hard facts to back this, but it's like the support system kind of like you're talking about with your dad and your uncle, and I feel like they probably have a good support system. They probably have like a networking of you know, they're always talking to people. When you see like families that have like you know, they come in with their like ninety five year old grandma and she's like just talking. She's super witty, she's super sharp, she's usually just like lives on her own own, loves other people. But it's just that I feel like it's that support system. It's like you're able to like talk to someone on a daily basis, and then you can people who come in who are like sixty and they're like homeless unfortunately, and they haven't talked to anyone in like a long time or whatever, and they're just in these horrible, horrible conditions. So I feel like it's just there's that like social somatic, like you know, you have like access to like exactly what you're talking about. So I don't know, that's that's just kind of my guest. I do agree. I'm like, I think maybe it is the family stuff, maybe these the lifestyle stuff, but I yeah, I don't know. It's I always wonder that too, because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like you, like, you're one hundred percent right. It's a fucking I think it's like a community thing and a social support thing. Yeah, you know, and yeah, we like the modern world is like a little it's the modern world is very not conducive to that, and so you kind of have to go out of your way to figure out how to create that. If you know, a lot of people are lucky enough that like community and support systems are just like just kind of naturally occur in their life through whatever it is they chose to do for a living, or if they chose to have a family or you know whatever. Some people aren't as lucky and they did shit doesn't naturally occur and they have to kind of go out and chase it and look for it. But yeah, it's what you know. What's funny is, Yeah, the modern world, I think it has created a thing where it's been yeah, sure, isolating, but it also conversely has given us a lot of tools to break out of isolation. And yeah, I've talked about this. I think I've been talking about the same three things on this podcast for the past month.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know that they're they're they're the they're the frequent things on my fucking mind. I you know, it would be awesome because I hope somebody I don't know, I hope maybe somebody listening to the who listens to this podcast right early is like taking whatever, these same three fucking things I'm talking about on the podcast, and you maybe I get an email from them and they're like, hey, I took those I took those three things you were talking about on the podcast, and I made these changes and I did these things, and now my life is different, and I'll look at it and be like, oh shit, I should do that too.
Speaker 3: You know that you can make the therapy get go, like you could sell like a masterclass. You could do like one of these classes.
Speaker 2: I would feel like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to facilitate your life.
Speaker 2: No, I would feel extreme. I think I'd feel extremely uncomfortable doing like, uh something like that. Now, I feel very uncomfortable doing something like that, although it is fun, like coaching is fun because you don't have to do anything. You just have to tell the people what to do. It's way easier.
Speaker 3: Like when have you ever heard of a client telling a personal coach that they're fucking up their life? Like, I feel like that's not You could just tell you could tell them whatever you want. They'd be like, okay, cool, Yeah, I'm gonna do it. And then if it's not happen.
Speaker 2: No, there will There will never be a therapy Gecko course. If you saw I think, I think I think that you should you should have public You should have public photos of the quality of your room first before you sell a course, you know what I mean? Like, I think if if people saw all the empty water bottles and half filled diet mountain dew all over my fucking apartment, they would they would not consider buying a course from me.
Speaker 3: That's what the field of psychiatry says, is like a bedroom is a window into someone's mind, is what they say. I don't know if it's true though, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't tell don't open that diamountain dew and look inside, because it'll show.
Speaker 3: You some.
Speaker 2: What's your name again, Chudley, Chudley, Chudley. It was nice talking to you. I hope you find whatever the fuck you're looking for in this crazy world.
Speaker 3: Before we leave, can I tell you one er story because that was just I just wanted to tell you something funny to even out the spirituality of a fifth Yeah. So, I mean you probably know people people put stuff in there, but it happens pretty frequently. I think any orifice someone has, he can do that. So we've had a we've had a unnamed gentleman come in several times because he's gotten something stuck in his butt. The first time it was a brute shaving cream bottle. I don't know if you're familiar with those. Like it's like a green bottle with a very long stem. It's it's pretty sizable, Like when you see it on the X You're like, how the fuck did he get? Like I had no I had no idea, and he walked in totally normal. You could have just seen this guy walk down the sidewalk and you would not have known that. He comes in says that he tripped and fell and that it went up his butt. They're like, all right, we're not going to question you anymore. And then like a couple of weeks later, dude comes back in samem and this time it was a like a Suave shampoo bottle, which was like almost twice the size of this thing. And even then den I and I deny. He was like, I think a friend put it up here, like I'm not sure how I got up there, and that one was so far that he actually had to get surgery to get that one out. So and that that happens all the time. You see, I've seen a dude put a glass weed pipe up his butt and then he sat down and broke I've seen, Yeah, that one was horrible too. And now when he also said a friend, they never I get it. I understand it's a very vulnerable. They're trying to help you, but I'm like, you really, like you're in this position, you don't want to just mess up to it, Like I get it. But he's like, no, man, like someone I was asleep and someone put it in my butt and like I just I didn't know. I just didn't wake up.
Speaker 2: No, at that point, it's like, you know, I put this in my ass, Sorry that you have to now be.
Speaker 3: Here that Yeah, Now I get it. I'm just like, I get it, dude, I get it. Like, but just come on, dude, tarrott. We've seen that. We've seen a couple of vegetables.
Speaker 2: Carrot's Carrot's not that bad. Those are biodegradable, right, right, you do with the carrot after you take it out of a guy's ass.
Speaker 3: That's a very good question because I asked after the shampoo bottle and the shaving cream, I was like, did you give it back to him? Because it was full. You could see in the extra that there was still like a pat like there was still something in it, Like it wasn't just the bottle. They take it. They it's considered bio it's considered a bio hazard, and they throw it away. Yeah, so you don't get to keep any of that, you know, even if you get like I don't know if you've ever heard this, but if you get your leg cut off, your arm cut off, you don't get to keep it. They like, if you keep it, or if you try to keep it, it's a crime. I don't remember what the exact crime is, but they will like literally just throw it away, and you can't you can't trust it. Yeah, sometimes even your teeth. Sometimes some like I don't know what it is with certain gental procedures, but you're not even allowed to keep your your own teeth, which is the craziest thing to me.
Speaker 2: But where is there just like a band in the hospital or like they just didn't have a bunch of legs.
Speaker 3: I mean, at least at ours. I don't know if we have like incinerators and shit, I don't really. I don't think we do imputations at my hospital's pretty small. But when they do, I'm pretty sure they just throwing it anerator and it's just from dust to dirt, like you go back to the earth, I guess, I don't know. Or sometimes there's a whole other rabbit hole they have that illegal body exchange. They have like this whole black market. Barvard got in trouble for it recently for selling cadavers like dead people to like the military and too like other unfacilitated like medical facilities. They were making stupid money off of it. It was crazy. They were just taking dead people and just selling them for like hundreds of hundreds of dollars, like it was the nuttiest thing to think about.
Speaker 2: So well, look when I die, I mean, I don't. I'm not going to need my arms and legs anymore, so you can take them. Anyone can have them if they want them.
Speaker 3: I want to be stopped to about I don't know, fifty to one hundred pounds of fireworks, and I just want to be placed in like a public setting. Yeah, I launched off as fireworks. Yeah, yeah, that's the way I want to go.
Speaker 2: What's your name again, sir Chedley? Chedley? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: If you ever go to the emergency room and you want to be seen super fast, this is so unethical, But if you really do want to be seen really fast, tell them you can't breathe, or tell them that you have cardiac history and you will be seeing a shap even if it's a bullshit complaint. But you did not hear that from me.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, Pretty good. I'm glad somebody got something out of this podcast.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 2: So take care of Chedley. Thank you?
Speaker 3: Thanks Jack.
Speaker 2: What's up man? How you doing pretty good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am hanging in there. I'm trying my best to be alive as a human being on the planet. What's what's up? Brother? What is it that made you want to call into my little Gecko show today.
Speaker 5: I've been listening to you for a long time, and I've tried to call about a bunch of random ship before. But I don't know. Lately, I just went through some shit at work and I worked for my girlfriend's parents. So now I'm looking for a new job, and it's fucking terrible.
Speaker 2: What kind of shit went on at the job with your girlfriend's parents.
Speaker 5: I the day after Saint Patrick's Day, I tried to call out of work and there's like a big old mess and they docked my pay.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, did.
Speaker 2: You get too fucked up on St Patrick's Day?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I mean well, I mean, I mean look, I mean, I mean, you know, come.
Speaker 1: On, yeah, fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect my pay to get docked, but I did expect, like, you know, for it to be some trouble.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, what, well, Well, well you wanted to get like, oh, do I do you have like PTO or something?
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have any of that.
Speaker 3: I don't got.
Speaker 5: Benefits or nothing. I'm doing like construction in the landscaping.
Speaker 2: Wait, so wouldn't your pay obviously get docked if you didn't if you don't go to work.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean like permanently and minus three dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh, you pay got permanently docked.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I got to find a new job.
Speaker 2: And they were doing that as retaliation for calling out of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the funny thing is I still went to work, attempted.
Speaker 2: To call out. You attempted to call out of work, and so then they got mad at you for trying to call out of work, so they docked your pay because you tried to call out of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was a messy argument, and then I just threw in the towel, was like, okay, fine, I'll go and yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 2: Are you still with your girlfriends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been together coming up six years.
Speaker 2: Okay, but so are you still in the job or did you quit? And now you're looking for a new ship.
Speaker 5: I'm currently wiping off of tile, so I'm still I'm looking. But yeah, I'm kind of stuck at the moment.
Speaker 2: Did this like damage your relationship with your girlfriend's parents.
Speaker 5: For like, for a couple of weeks, things seem normal now. But obviously I'm not happy slave a way for you know, all that rush money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what is your girlfriend? Is your girlfriend on your side with this? Or is she like, yeah, you fucked up?
Speaker 3: I don't know. She's kind of in between.
Speaker 5: She's like, it's you know, your fault because it would have never happened. But she agrees that it's stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what kind of job are you trying to get outside of this?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm on the sense on her now. The plan was to go into plumbing, and but no plumbing apprenticeships are hitting me back. I don't know if I should like try to, you know, get like a serving job and just wait up the summer, or I have no idea. I'm living on an island right now.
Speaker 2: You live on an island? What islands?
Speaker 5: Tybee Island?
Speaker 2: Tybee Island. I'm gonna okay, wait, I'm gonna fucking we're pulling out the maps. We're pulling out maps.
Speaker 5: I hope nobody uh on the island knows.
Speaker 3: Your show hold on?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is it called?
Speaker 5: Tybee Island?
Speaker 2: Ruh t y b e Tybee Island? Georgia. Oh shit, I don't know Georgia had a fucking island. Oh shit, yeah, you're right, okay, yeah, yeah, all right, you're right outside of Savannah. Hold on, oh it's really an island. Is this really an island? This isn't really an island. There's like a it's connected to land, right.
Speaker 1: Well, it appears that way, but when the tide comes up, you can only get to the island through the man made road.
Speaker 2: Is this like I've never heard of this fucking place? This is interesting. Is this like a like a beach town where people who like Savannah folks like go to fucking go on vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: People from all over the world actually end up here amid a lot of crazy people.
Speaker 2: Cool. Are you trying to stay on Tybee Island?
Speaker 5: I'm staying till September. It's really expensive to live out here, so we're gonna move into Savannah.
Speaker 2: So Tybee Island is more expensive than Savannah, like living in the proper city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, much more expensive. It's like dominated by short term vacation rentals. So the housing market's pretty rough.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Interesting. How's what's the cost of living like in Savannah?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, it's uh, it's not terrible. It's hard to find a good place because of you know, it's like a college stun and all that. But you can find a good spot if you if you wait around for it.
Speaker 2: You live on an island in Georgia. I mean, look, if you're thinking about going into the service industry, I'll say this. I mean, I've never been a waiter, a bartender or anything like that by friends who have, and uh, I mean if you're doing it for a summer. I have a friend he was he fucking like hated his life and his job and everything, and he moved to Rehoboth Beach to be a server over there, and now he's like killing it. He has all these like fucking other like server friends, and he's like in the whole restaurant industry and the community and whatnot. So I don't have firsthand experience being a server at a like in a beach town or whatever, but uh, it's what are you doing now? You're scraping grout off of a yeah, a tile off a tile. I mean, I look, I don't know what kind of person you are. I don't know what what makes you tick, but like, at least I guess with the service. With the service industry stuff, like you get to be like people facing. You know, there's you're working with other folks, you're outside of the closed knit of your girlfriend's parents and ship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you're in, if you want like, uh, you know, if you want to be a little rascal, that's the better place to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, my boss is pulling up right now. Nice talking to you.
Speaker 3: I will call it suck.
Speaker 2: Too, all right, cool man, Well, good luck, good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Speaker 5: Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Take care, Broye. I don't know. I'm not. I haven't. I never worked as a bartender, but I fucking every once in all here in New York. Every once in a while, when I get bored, I volunteer at my friend's comedy club. Shout out Sesh comedy. Every once in a while, when I get bored, I go down there and I'll sling I'll sling beers for him, and it's it's it's kind of fun to like like have a I mean, it's so funny because that's what I do with this podcast. But it's kind of fun to have like forced social interaction where like people have to talk to you and you know, the parameters of the social interaction are predetermined, and it's like it's good to have something to do with your fucking hands, right like after living in like the crazy abyss. Just having someone be like, hello, I would like to buy a beer and I go, hey, man, how you doing? I'm doing good? Can I get this beer? And I go yes? And then I go and I get them the beer and they go thanks. Something about that that felt very makes you feel present in what you're doing. I guess that's why fucking diner dash is so popular. I don't know, I don't know what I'm fucking talking about, but uh yeah, it's fun. It's it's a it's a fun thing. I think. I don't know, it sounds it's about if if like if you have to like get like a you know, if you need a gig. I feel like that's probably better than like, you know, working out in a in a field or anything like that. Just to be around some people. Hello, Hello, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 3: My name is Billy, Billy.
Speaker 2: What's up, Billy? How you doing? How's life?
Speaker 6: While it's so great to talk to you, I'm I'm taking a break from doing taxes at the.
Speaker 2: Moment, Oh, yeah, tax season's coming up. Tax Season's coming up.
Speaker 6: It is I'm very nervous. It's the first time I'm I'm doing it. But I have a I have a couple of things that I want.
Speaker 3: To talk to you about.
Speaker 2: If that's okay, Yeah, let's do it. Hit me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I have we can we can either go with So I used to be a bouncer on Broadway in Nashville, and I have some interesting stories that I could tell you, or or I am starting a I can tell you about. I'm starting a touring fan activations company, like a touring fan engagement company like go on the road with different artists and stuff.
Speaker 2: A touring fan activation company. Well, let's do the self promo at the end. Well, yeah, go ahead. Do you have a story about Yeah, working at nash working on Broadway, Broadway, I do, I have a place. Yeah, I'm curious what kind of characters you run into.
Speaker 6: So I'm not going to mention the bar that I used to work at. But I used to work night shifts and I used to go in starting at like five thirty and then I'd go and work until like three in the morning, and then I have to walk to walk back to this really sketchy parking garage. I mean it wasn't sketchy, but it's like a couple of blocks away and you got to walk past like some people that are are out at three in the morning, and I'd rather not do that, So I don't work there anymore. But there was I'll tell you one story. So we ended up. It was one of my first days there, and one of there was it was late at night and one of the there were some girls coming in and so I'm standing at the front door at this place and then my coworker, who is also a bouncer, was standing next to me, and there are these girls that are coming in and she just pulls something out of her purse and just hands it to him and just says and I'm like, okay, you know what the fuck's going on here? And he's just like, he tells me the story, He looks at it, it tells me a story later about what it is, and he's like, she just handed me a picture of her, like a photo booth reel of her topless and just walked away, and like she didn't even leave him her number or anything.
Speaker 3: But it's just like.
Speaker 6: Full titties and everything, and like didn't even didn't even go and try to do anything afterwards. It was just like like why are you giving me this here? And then also it's just like my my thought, it was just like do you just walk around with pictures of yourself? Just do you just carry that in your purse and just walking around and like hand them out to people? Like I don't even think she was probably most likely a Taurus. Like there was no she didn't even write any like OnlyFans or anything on there. It was just it was it was there.
Speaker 2: But I don't I respect that she's doing it for the love of the game.
Speaker 6: She definitely of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also it's kind of like, uh, like how the Joker leaves his like calling card, you know, you know what I mean. It's a little like that, Yeah, a little action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I have that. What else was there? So a co worker was walking back to the parking garage at three in the morning, well late at night, and some random dudes followed him and like jumped in, like almost jumped them. They pulled up in a van and almost got out and you know, said hey, get in the van, but he ended up running and just diving into one of the the parking garages and they were chasing after him and stuff. But you know, it comes, it comes with the territory and in being Internashville, I guess.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there's there's that, And I'm trying to think of some other interesting stories at this particular bar that I worked at, So I don't I don't particularly drink alcohol, how I were at the At the bar that I worked at, they would give you a free shift drink, free shift drink after each each shift, so you get done at three in the morning and then you get a free beer and whatever. And it's just I don't know, it's not particularly my thing, like it might be some people's, it's not mine. But I don't know, I have something. I can't think of any other interesting interesting stories from there.
Speaker 2: But did you ever get any fights? Did you ever get fucked up? Oh?
Speaker 6: I had a couple of people try to fight me, like and it was mostly and two evers listening to this like nothing against Irish people, like I might you know, it's I I'm got to I'm so fortunate I got to meet like everyone from all across the world like I got to meet some dude from Japan who didn't even speak English, like it was so cool, you know, I met people from Russia and whatever like, but the only people that have ever tried to fight me were from Ireland, like not even halfway drunk people either they're just like pissed that they couldn't get in or or whatever, or maybe they are like drunk or whatever. They just did only people And this is this could be stereotype. I'm not not at all trying to stereotype, but the only people who have ever tried to fight me on Broadway are people of Irish descent. But there's there's We're also some really cool Irish people.
Speaker 2: What's your build? Like are you are you pretty jacked? Were you able to like if somebody did like step up to you, would you have been able to handle the situation?
Speaker 6: So that's the crazy thing. Like, so, well, to answer your question, now, I'm not like particularly jacked. I mean, I'm fit and I've I've done martial arts, so like I can handle myself, which is the only reason why I decided to even.
Speaker 3: Take the job.
Speaker 6: I mean because of that, and I just couldn't find a job. But no, the thing was that legally you can't even fight You can't even fight them. It's like you can't at this particular bar. We we didn't have any earpieces or any communication whatsoever, and like legally you can't like physically escort them out out of the bar. So they're already drunk, they're in a very loud environment, and you know, you can't you can't really do anything about it, which is so interesting, and it doesn't help with people like trying to, you know, trying to pick fights either, because because you know, you just yell at people, say hey, get out here, and like what are what are they going to do? Like they're they're they're already on vacation, having a good time whatever, which like there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I love that, you know, I love to see people smile and have a good time and whatever. But when it comes to the point where you're just like being rowdy and whatever, and I don't know, but yeah, that's the thing. We can't even we couldn't even physically escort people out of like off the premises, and since we didn't have any communication, we couldn't really call anybody to help us either. And luckily I didn't run into a whole lot of terrible situations like that, but it was there were there were times where it was like really close. Like there was this lady one time where it was her and her husband and they were just they were being obnoxious and she was just kept blowing a bubble gun inside of the place that I worked at. I'm like, no, no, we can't keep doing this, and her husband got pissed, and you know, I just kept I kept saying, okay, well, you know, we need to get you out of here, like come on, come follow me, and they wouldn't listen. So I had to go and find I had to leave the door and go find the coworker and say, hey, we need to get these people out of here. But I don't know, it was it was. It was an interesting job, like I got to see and meet some really cool people. Aside from like patrons, we would have people come in who had just played The Ryman. For anyone that doesn't know the Ryman Auditorium is, it's right downtown. It's one of the most famous venues in Nashville and in country particularly. But we had a lot of interesting people just come in from the Ryman and then from you know, from from that that area after they got done playing the shows, to either just come hang out or if they wanted to do an extra set or whatever. Then it was interesting to see, like it was a really fun job, but just not one that I care to have anymore. It's just too dangerous. Got to get you for me what you do now?
Speaker 3: So I do a.
Speaker 6: Lot of things, which is why I'm I'm working on tactics. I do a lot of independent contract work, so I I can't say too much, but I'm I'm an assistant to an artist and we're working on a couple of things, and that's all. That's all. I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: You work for ken, don't you.
Speaker 6: It's always you know, I would love to work for Kendrick honestly, like he's I love him as a lyricist.
Speaker 2: When like somewhere somewhere along the line, when you say artist, you mean a musician, right, yes, when did somewhere along the line, I don't know, Like we used to it used to just be like rapper or like singer songwriter or like DJ or whatever. But now and like when you when you thought of artist, you always it would always come to mind, like, uh, like someone who makes like visual art. And now artists like a type yea, yeah, like a ball Bross type. And that was kind of what it meant up until I swear on my life, like in the last like five years. Artist Now now artists more often than not means a musician of some kind, like it used to mean, like when you said an artist, you thought like a Pablo Picasso or like a fucking like someone who makes like like a physical art of some kind. But now now it almost unanimously goes to mean a musician of some kind. Why do you think, why do you think that switch happened?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna you know what. You may hate me for this, but I'm going to turn the question back on you. Since like art, do comedians consider themselves artists? Because it kind of is an art form, It most definitely is an art form.
Speaker 2: No, comedians do not consider themselves artists, and uh if they did, they would get made fun of.
Speaker 6: Okay, I could see that, all right, Yeah, But to answer your question, you know, I don't know, I I don't know. I don't know when that would would That's an interesting point, like when would it have turned from like Hey, I'm just a performer to you know, being an artist, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's that's interesting. I never really thought about it that way.
Speaker 3: That's cool though.
Speaker 2: So you do what do you What is it that you were saying earlier? You do like a thing with touring with the people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, so I'm starting a touring fan engagement company. Because when I say I, the term is activations, So which is which I'm gonna I'm gonna rephrase it to fan engagement because it just means it's just easier to explain.
Speaker 2: So an activation is when like the Monster Energy truck comes to campus then gives out monster energy.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly.
Speaker 6: And the reason why I phrase it like that is that, you know, people when I go to explain it, like people don't understand what it is, and that like I didn't understand what it is. I didn't come into this understanding like, hey, this is what an activation is. Like I had to be explained to something. Like I sat down with someone and they were just like, oh, well, you're looking to do activations and like what the hell is an activation? And so I was just looking it up. So yeah, so I'm starting a company where I am going the ideas to go on tour with different artists and to interact with their general admission fans through just different activations, like different games, different surprise merch giveaways, you know, just different interesting, like cool things, and it's all curated like directly to the artists and their fan base because they're not going to you know, you're not going to be interacting with let's say, Jimmy Buffett's fans. You're not going to be interacting with his fans the same way that you would with like I don't know, like I don't know, Pink Floyds fans or whatever like something like that. So it's all curated directly to the artists and their fan bases to like what they want to do. And it's all pre show. It's it's pre show because you have to think about it, like you have doors that open typically like so you as I don't know if this is how it works for comedy, but like for artists, typically they'll get in you know, around like an hour or two, a couple hours before doors open so that they can go in for sound check and set up and do everything. And but doors will open at like let's say the show's at eight. Doors will open at six, so they they all have from six until eight o'clock to either find their seat, to sit and figure out what they're doing, and then you know, you find your seat. And I'm not necessarily an anti social person, but I'm like, I don't want to talk to the person that I'm sitting next to if I can come with them. But so, like you have, there's there's a missed marketing opportunity in my opinion, to where you can just get two hours of you know, and not you have two hours that you're missing in between when doors open and then when the actually show actually start marketing.
Speaker 2: What are we what are we supposed to market?
Speaker 6: It's well, I mean it's not necessarily it's marketing in the sense that you are just strengthening your fan base. I'm not saying you like this totally. I promise you. This is not a pitch, Like I just wanted to come here and just explain it the like you're it would be your fan base, your your marketing. Like let's say you have an album release and whatever, and you're you're solely doing something for the album release, like a I don't know, you have like a song or something that you really want to push, but it's it's kind of you know, you're really trying to get it out there. You know, you do stuff based on that, that the album or the song. So if you wanted to look at it from like a marketing standpoint, then that's that's what you would do. But from like a fan engagement standpoint, you're just looking to just connect all the fans in every way.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, so hold on, hold on, hold on here, hold on here, what's.
Speaker 6: Your Yeah, my name's Billy.
Speaker 2: Billy, I gotta be honest with you. Well, so what, so, what the hell are you actually talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: What are you supposed to? What are you supposed to be doing during this time? What is the marketing opportunity? What are we what are we doing?
Speaker 6: It's so the marketing opportunity is too for fans to just interact with, so I would be an extension of the artist, and the marketing opportunity is to just connect with general emission fans so that it's like on on, like pre show.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so the the idea is like, all right, so if I have my live show and the door is open at seven, but the show is at eight. I just I just chat with people from seven to eight.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, that's where I come in, because you have I'm saying, you know, as as the artist. We'll just say the artist. The artist is getting ready, being like prepping for the show, just getting ready in the green room, you know, just doing their thing. They don't want to It's not that they don't want to deal with everybody beforehand, but like, so.
Speaker 2: What, so what are you? What are you supposed to do as an extension of the of the artists?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I play games with I play predetermined games with the general emission fan base. That's like at the show.
Speaker 3: Does this? Does this make sense?
Speaker 2: You're like a pre show jesture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, if you want to put it that way.
Speaker 2: That makes that makes some sense, That makes some sense. Yeah, what's yeah? Okay, that makes some sense. Would you you play? So you play games with?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: All right, so let's say the fans are going to go see uh the I don't why do why? Why can't I name a single band?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's say we're going to go see The Grateful Dead and we're there two hours early. You come over and you you start playing Grateful Dead themed games with us. Yes, okay, that's fun. I like that that could work. Yeah, can we win? I can we win the prizes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So that's that's exactly what it. So you go and it's all predetermined, like I would work on the like with artists and their team to then go and say, hey, you know this is what we know. You have a show coming up on X y Z date right, and then it's like, well, we have preset giveaways and you know, like different, I have a if you've ever seen one of them spinning wheel things, like the colorful spinning wheel things, I have one of them with like the whiteboard things. Well right on it.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Billy, look well I'll say this is I think if you can if I like, if I were on the Shark Tank right and you were pitching me this idea, I would say something like, you know, well, normally, see, here's the thing is, this is already normally when people arrive early to a show, they already have a thing that they do, which is they get really drunk. Also, I'll say this, Billy, I'll say this before we go, is if you can come up with an idea for a pre show thing that is more fun than getting really drunk. Then you got yourself a good idea in your hands.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: But I I but I I you know. I wish you good luck with this idea. I wish you good luck with this idea.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Is there is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 6: Not to the computer.
Speaker 1: I do have a quick.
Speaker 2: Question for you, though, Yeah, please hit me.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 6: For the longest time I've been trying.
Speaker 5: To figure and if you can't say, then that's fine.
Speaker 6: For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out what the background music is with the flute.
Speaker 3: That is that a topic?
Speaker 6: Is that a no go topic?
Speaker 2: If you go to the music, if you go to YouTube and you search royalty free jazz music, it's one of those. That's what I did. Okay, so I went to Royalty Free Jazz music and so it's one of those. It's one of those.
Speaker 6: Cool, awesome, all right, cool, thanks Lyle. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Of course, take care, Billy, bye bye.
Speaker 3: I have a good one. Bite.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting idea. I hope he makes it. I hope it works. Maybe that's funny. Maybe next maybe next year, when you go to a Therapy Gecko show, Billy will be out there juggling and playing Tic Tac dough with everyone, and everyone will be you know, this is actually a pretty good idea. Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a Premium member of Therapy Gecko over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, they get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode to be nineteen and fucking like, why why are you? Why are you financially supporting this person?
Speaker 1: Uh? I completely love her.
Speaker 2: To guess here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna I'm just gonna tell you a bunch of stuff. I'm just gonna rant at you for a second. U Right, Okay, you gotta at a certain point be able to protect your own peace right because you're just You're only fucking nineteen and she's only fucking nineteen. And it's great that you love each other, but you both have to like figure out your own shit before you try to, you know, support somebody else. Man, you have nothing to give. You can't give when you have nothing to give. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a premium member at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description that's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say.
Speaker 1: Therepy goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Therepy goes to a side.
Speaker 4: He's teaching you Cloud in the mead of your life, but he's not really an expert.