Speaker 1: Fine or by the player that everyone expected to go absolutely ham our man, Andrew Wiggins. What putting on a performance for the Ages Game five? The Andrew Wiggins Game twenty six points, thirteen rebounds back to back off another stellar performance where seventeen points.
Speaker 2: Sixteen rebounds.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know Andrew Wiggins was a rebounder, right, Like, that's not his game, my lord. Add this to the fact that he's been a defensive stopper all playoff long, taking on the challenge to guard Luca, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum. A little inside baseball in the fact that Andrew Wiggins trains with the same trainer that Jason Tatum trains with, Drew Hanlin, Pure Sweat, so he knows exactly all the moves that Jason Tatum's been working on in his bag, and he's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, nope, now I know where you're going.
Speaker 1: People might actually stop bitching about Andrew Wiggins making the All Star Game now or or k Pop getting him into the All Star Game is what gave him the confidence to get to this point. Who knows it's chicken or the egg at this this moment, I can't tell. And on my Bengo card, I did not have Wiggans showing up when the lights are brightest. I just never thought that that would ever. I would have bet my house on it. Probably something just last year, we were all joking about playoff Wiggins, crunch time, clutch time Wiggins. It's like he turns into a pumpkin, and now he turns into Lebron James.
Speaker 2: They're calling him maple Jordan again.
Speaker 1: Maple Jordan jokes on us because this dude's been the best player or second best player on.
Speaker 2: The floor for long stretches of the time.
Speaker 1: Kurr decided he was gonna speak on Wiggins showing more emotion. He also says something very quickly that I have not in my notes, but off the top of my head. He basically said that Wiggans shows that every player in the NBA can reach impact player potential if they're put in the right situation. That just leads me to wonder what players are just hiding on the bench that are not being fully utilized. I think that's actually true of all human beings. I think we all can be more if we're in the right situation. Kurr spoke on Wiggans showing more emotion, he says he's a very mild mannered guy Canadian, but he's taking a leap in these playoffs in terms of his impact on the game. Defensively, the biggest thing right now is that he's a two way player.
Speaker 2: Lots of jokes.
Speaker 1: Happening right now about Wiggins maybe stealing the Finals MVP from Steph, which would be an atrocity. Steph, who did not make a three for the first time in one hundred and thirty two consecutive playoff games and two hundred and thirty three straight games as a whole, it's been two hundred and thirty three games. Go to mass school. That's like four years, four or five years or something like that, where Steph has made a three. Oh for nine, Will it cost him the Finals MVP? Next up on Undisputed, No, don't bet it on it.
Speaker 2: Don't bet on it.
Speaker 1: And Wigs was the reason though one hundred percent that the Warriors got this win, not something I anticipated. He was also oh for six from three, so Wiggins and Steph oh for fifteen from three and they still win by ten. I, by the way, had Warriors to win by at least nine and a half, and boy was that a backdoor sweat.
Speaker 2: Those scrubs that came in at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: They were trying those Boston the Aaron Nis Smiths of the world were trying to my bed up folks.
Speaker 2: Wiggins fifty more or more from the field forty three minutes in both games.
Speaker 1: And what's fascinating right now to me about this performance of Andrew Wiggins is that now Jimmy Butler always liked Andrew Wiggins. Just now we're getting all the glowing endorsements from everyone that's ever been on a team with Andrew Wiggins coming out from the woodworks in ways that are.
Speaker 2: Just odd timing.
Speaker 1: Now Tim Tom Thibodeau has glowing remarks for Andrew Wiggins.
Speaker 2: Two dudes who've.
Speaker 1: Been writing Andrew Wiggins ass telling him off your girl if you don't like run on these run these suicides, like they've been saying he's been lazy since he was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers, and now it's just coming out that he's always had this amazing work ethic. Like Andrew Wiggins from beginning of time till now has always been incredible competitor.
Speaker 2: He's always been a hard worker.
Speaker 1: We just didn't see it and now Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau resounding praise.
Speaker 2: Draymond Green been like first thing.
Speaker 1: Soon as that trade went down, Tom Thibodeau called me up, and he and why called me up. He's like, you're getting a great dude. You're getting an amazing player in Andrew Wiggins.
Speaker 2: Where was this when the trade happened? Come on, now these stories. As for the Celtics, they needed ship ball handler. I don't know how they're going to get one.
Speaker 1: We've said, like, I don't understand what moves you make because you're already in the finals and you can't really mess up with a good thing. But listen, Marcus Smart can't handle the rock. Jalen Brown can't handle the rock. Jason Tatum sometimes can't handle the rock. The best ball handler on this team's probably Peyton Pritchard, and he's getting like twelve minutes a game. Peyton Pritchell Pritchet has handles. Nobody else has handles. I don't trust a single one of them driving into the lane and not turning the ball over. Congrats also to Boston for winning the third quarter for the first time all series didn't matter. Congrats to the Boston Celtics on stopping Steph for a full game did not matter. But it kind of just feels like that seven game series that they've had in every series along the.
Speaker 2: Way except for the Nets.
Speaker 1: One right, you sweep the nets and you go seven with the Bucks, seven with the heat, and now you're probably tuckered out, need warm milk and your mom to read you a bedtime story because you look like it's night nighttime.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping. I'm hoping that they can make some moves. Someone Draymond Green's bed in Boston.
Speaker 2: Can we get that?
Speaker 1: Can we get somebody to pee in Ayisha Curry's.
Speaker 2: Somewhere?
Speaker 1: Because something hotel room, I don't know, Airbnb.
Speaker 2: I need a Father's Day matchup? I do. I need a Father's Day game seven.
Speaker 1: I need it. I don't just need it, I want it. I'm praying for it. Jalen Brown says, we're not scared. We do not fear the Golden State Warriors. I'm glad about that. That's the spunky attitude they're gonna need at a boy, Jalen Brown, don't stand down, don't let them push you around, sir, keep your head up.
Speaker 2: That's what we need. That's what we all deserve. A Game seven, that's what we need.
Speaker 1: After Game five, after the Andrew Wiggins game, went on SVP, which tells you pretty much where he's at as a media member. He's on SVP and he's at and SVP's asking him what Brian thinks about that game.
Speaker 2: So heads up to.
Speaker 1: All the Warriors media. Brian Winhorse is kind of a big deal of NBA insider, two times New York Times bestselling author, number one NBA podcast host, So he chimes in and what he said went.
Speaker 2: Goes viral, viral viral. So I want to play it for you because.
Speaker 1: It's it became the talk of the town in Warriors media, and they freaked out.
Speaker 3: Because Andrew Wiggins, he's not an underdog. He makes thirty two million. While the Warriors were down these last couple of years, winning no games, they kept spending money because they've got it. They resigned Raymond Green, they re signed Steph Curry, they resigned Kevon Looney, they kept Andrew Wiggins, and boy died to show up tonight. Andrew Wiggins with a supreme moment in his career. He was a throw in in the trade. Other teams would have totally gotten rid of him. They stuck with him. They have a three hundred and forty million dollars payroll when you consider taxes. You don't just have to beat the Warriors on the court. You got to beat their checkbook. And nothing away from Andrew Wiggins tonight. But this was a checkbook win for the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Check book win for the Warriors. I mean he's not wrong, he's not. I mean he said except for the check book win part, which is definitely a little shady, it's a little shady, But everything else he said was completely factual.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So then KMBR decided to chime in. They're the they're one of two local radio stations out of the Bay area. Let's see what they had to say. They took exception, didn't they They did.
Speaker 4: Why in the world would people pay attention to Brian Windhorst, that's the first question, Like why would anything he says rile people up? It's like, really, Brian windhorse I got you, Yeah, he got a mear skill. I mean, come on, really, I mean that that's like I did that. I saw it and I said, well that's just it's wrong and it's ludicrous. Is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boss, this man, this man, Brian Windhorse has eight I just checked eight hundred and twelve thousand Twitter followers. Let's look at kmbr's Twitter account. Uh, the actual station where this man is speaking. Tom Tolbert, former NBA Uh, let's be honest, journeyman has an average more than ten points a game in his entire life as an NBA.
Speaker 2: Player, but has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty one thousand followers on KMBR, Sir, don't act like what Brian Winhor says. Doesn't send ripples around the league? Stop that?
Speaker 2: Stop that please?
Speaker 1: So then then we've got the ninety five seven game people in the crew. We also had Steve Berman, Bay Area reporter for the Athletic Key Guys. He says his postgame podcasts make me feel bad for Zach Low for being forced.
Speaker 2: To do them.
Speaker 1: The constant Lebron mentions saying Steph wasn't actually hurt in Game four, spouting owners talking points about a CBA they agreed to isn't surprising.
Speaker 2: This isn't a hot take.
Speaker 1: To say that their deep pockets bought two championships with KD isn't even mildly controversial. They are two hundred million dollars into the luxury tax two one hundred million dollars, folks. So ninety five to seven, the game which the Morning Roast has a little beef with me. He spouted on Twitter about me being some hot take artist that craps whatever on Warriors.
Speaker 2: It's not even true. It's him though that I have a problem with.
Speaker 1: So they have Brian Windhorse on and I went just accidentally on the ninety five to seven. The game app at around ten in the morning, and this is what they had to do.
Speaker 5: I hear you on like the checkbook stuff. But aren't they the model of how to run your business. Not only did they pay all of these you know, different contracts from within, they also built a stadium with their own dollar and reinvested it back into the team. To me, they should be lauded as what every owner should be doing right now in sports, not just in the NBA. This is how you should run your business, trying to compete at the highest level. I don't know why that's a negative.
Speaker 6: Ill first off, I don't know why you're implying what I said was a negative. Why are you implying what I said was a negative. I was giving the Warriors a compliment, okay, uh for being able to stick with spendings through their through their rebuild, and that's why they have the depth on this team. But but and and and I mean nobody would argue that that Bob Myers in his front office have not done a tremendous job and that uh and that Joe Lacup and Joe and uh and and Peter Gouber have done a great job in financing the team. But it is not a level playing field. Well, is it that the faults? What's that?
Speaker 4: Is it that the fault of the other owners? Because the Warriors are using their resources well within the rule book to spend the money if they have, and he spent it on a lot of homegrown doll complain like Dallas Mark Cuban makes all this, but he doesn't spend at all, that's his fault.
Speaker 6: I don't understand. I'm still I'm still not sure why you guys got your back up because it.
Speaker 5: Feels like a backhanded compliment, I mean a backhanded statement because of last year that they paid for Kelly Oubre and nobody was complaining when they're paying thirty five million dollars for Clay to not play a dribble of basketball and then all of a sudden, now that they're winning. Just my interpretation, it felt like you were picking up water for some of the poor owners who refuse to get dip into the luxury tax. That's the way I interpreted it.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a crisism. I was praising them. Okay, I'm saying, when you go against the Warriors, you're not just going to You're going against a team that has incredible financial might. That's just a true statement.
Speaker 2: They're so den skin defensive. Stop it, please, please stop it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brian, if you're sensing hostility coming your direction, you are. If you is sensing with your little spidy senses that their hackles are up and they're waiting to strike like a little viper on you, and that they're not going to talk you behind your back.
Speaker 2: As soon as you're off the phone, you are correct. You are correct.
Speaker 1: This is why this right here, I look for examples in real time for folks to know why it's hard, why it's hard for me to love and adore one of the best teams assembled, one of the best franchises run all that one of the most likable teams.
Speaker 2: This is why.
Speaker 1: Because Bay Area reporters, bay Area media people are like this. They have the thinnest skins I've ever seen. Accusing Windhorse of being an irrelevant hot take artist just makes y'all look like low budget fanboys with microphones and credentials. Listen, don't pretend then to have a station that really quote unquote covers the team.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 1: They're thin skinned with their hackles up because one national media member said something that was one hundred percent true and not even the tag controversial because it makes them offensive about why they won and why.
Speaker 2: They continue to win. If you were to add.
Speaker 1: Kevin Durant to the Boston Celtics right now, would Warriors fans be whining? Yes, they would be whining because Kevin Durant to any team makes things unfair when you already have a stacked roster that can get to the finals, and that would still be less than the Warriors are paying.
Speaker 2: I bet you Dub's media would be wit wit. They can't spend that much.
Speaker 1: Andrew Wiggins and Jonathan Kaminga are a downstream effect.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this very very clearly. You have without.
Speaker 1: Out spending and finding a way in twenty sixteen to sign Kevin Durant with that little tiny gap of period of time where Steph hadn't been signed yet, Clay hadn't been resigned yet, and you signed KD without that moment in time. You don't have Andrew Wiggins, you don't have Jonathan Kaminga. You overpaying for KD is how you got to this place. So it is a check book win. Let's be honest people. That's what they try to say. Oh, we've organically built. The only players that we've quote unquote.
Speaker 2: Paid for are Bi Alicia and Chris Chiosa and somebody else that's not relevant to this scenario j J. Scrubs of the world.
Speaker 1: The argument is that they've developed all of their talent internally and organically organically. But the Wiggins trade didn't happen without KD. That's savvy tactician work. How they get Wiggins. They signed KD in free agency checkbook move. Then he decided to leave. They wouldn't let him leave for nothing, so they went and got d LO for no reason at the time, it felt like, but no, they wanted to make sure they had a chess piece on their board because once you once, you don't if you if you use it. If you don't use it, you lose it, right, So then you do a sign and trade to get DLO and then you flip d LO for pick and Andrew Wiggins? Stop? How is that internal growth? How Wiggins makes? Wiggins makes thirty two million dollars a year?
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Add that to steph forty six Clay thirty eight dre twenty four. That's one hundred and forty million dollars for four players. That's more than the entire fifteen man Celtics roster one hundred and thirty two million between four guys. The NBA salary cap is one hundred and twenty two million dollars.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you? How do you not see this?
Speaker 1: You're eighteen million dollars in the luxury tax with eleven more players left to sign. How is that internal growth? How is that organic? James Wiseman makes ten million dollars a year and he hasn't done anything and I don't know how long he hasn't seen the court once the season he got shut down at the end of last season. Are you really trying to tell me that deep pockets haven't impacted this series. Really, really, you're trying to tell me we just find and attract the best talent, which is why we're the best.
Speaker 6: Stop that.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 1: Million dollars, four hundred and sixty five million dollars with the repeater tax, that is what Golden State is paying nearly a half a billion dollars. The Celtics with their luxury tax hit one hundred and thirty four million. Do you see what is so clear as day.
Speaker 2: That's not a knock, that's not a dig. They just outspend. That's what they did.
Speaker 1: Kevin Durant was the outspend. Everything that comes from Kevin Durant is the same thing right down again. And trust me, this is not a shot at Warriors ownership at all.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: Brilliant move, Joe lacub Bob Myers, brilliant guys.
Speaker 2: How can I say that they didn't do what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Nobody thought Wiggins was any good. You can outspend other people and it be bad decisions. A lot plenty of teams outspending in a bad plenty. But they outspent and got a place and a player that they knew could fit into what they wanted to do in their system. I respect it, I think everything possible should do it, But don't be so disingenuous to say that you're light years ahead of everyone else.
Speaker 2: It's like that that rich ass.
Speaker 1: Kid with parents that are rich, that has an awesome job and they've gotten up to this place where they're the CEO of a company. But it's like, yo, how did you get here?
Speaker 2: You started on third? Stop it, stop it.
Speaker 1: There's no way Andrew Wiggins gets to this roster without you having a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all we could say.
Speaker 1: Not a chance that you can make the trade work to get Andrew Wiggins without having Delos salary and him being overly paid, overpaying somebody that you can get to trade for another overpaid person. That's the only way that you get that done. There are Warriors media that I love. We had him on on Monday, John Dickinson love him. You know what he told me. He's between me, you and the lamp post. He's disgusted by the two is.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting, it's gross. This is absolutely baffling.
Speaker 1: You guys are awful and don't let me get excited enough to start putting my hat, my name in the hat to cover the Warriors. Don't make me head out to the Bay because I'm getting close. I'm getting close. Don't make me take your job. Don't make me take your job. I love Kendrick Andrews, I love the light Years guys, but this low rent fanboy that has got to go gotta go, folks, please,