Speaker 1: The Apple Watch Series ten is here. It has the biggest display ever. It's also the thinnest Apple Watch ever, making it even more comfortable on your wrist whether you're running, swimming, or sleeping. And it's the fastest charging Apple Watch, getting you eight hours of charge in just fifteen minutes. The Apple Watch Series ten available for the first time in the glossy jet black aluminum compared to previous generations. iPhone Tennis are later required. Charge time and actual results will vary.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblass, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: If today wasn't stressful enough, our audio is not working. The Internet's not working. I tried to do a TV show like this now I'm doing the podcast. I feel like it's not a coincidence that, as soon as you realize you were going to be zoomed in on more so than any other podcast, you've now broken out the Shay Gilgess Alexander jersey just so you can go sleepless.
Speaker 4: Man, this is just an odd coincidence.
Speaker 3: It's just an odd coincidence, just serendipity. As they would say, you just happen to be shirtless. Do you feel like the jerseys look quite as good on you now that you have the shoulder deformity? Or you think it's still fun.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're lashing out at you because nobody thinks that you work out like this is like something that you wouldn't be able to fall off.
Speaker 5: Well, you're the closest person to.
Speaker 3: Welcome into episode twenty one of the What's Right with the Great podcast and YouTube show and this show, I'm telling you off the top is being held together with scotch tape, a little Elmer's glue, and our best efforts of our production staff back in Los Angeles. The internet of my house seems to have crapped out. Our camera setup is coming and going the audio listen. I'm gonna be honest. Of all the podcasts you listen to on the best days, the What's Right Show, audio quality not the greatest. You know, we don't really use those fancy podcast microphones. We use what's called lab mics. Today, the audio quality going to be a little bit worse. There's nothing we can do about it. On the bright side, on today's show, you are going to get me lashing out at many people, me being punished for a take that is two years old, that is being thrown in my face, and you might have a legitimate media war depending on how I decide to take a colleague of mine. Demanse doesn't know this. Didn't just attack me, attack to you. We'll get to that. Demanse's unaware that any of this has happened. I have kept it all from him. But before we get to any of that, assuming we have even the technological ability to do so, let's discuss what we're.
Speaker 5: Not doing on today's show.
Speaker 3: Not on today's show is Eastern Conference Finals Game four, because, as is always the case, that game has taking place a few hours after we record. Daniel Jones he's going to turn it loose, which is a nice departure from his usual plan of just turning it over. And Orlando reportedly wants Chet number one.
Speaker 5: I have so many chet Holmgren takes one of them is something I deeply believe.
Speaker 3: But I also don't think in twenty twenty two I'm allowed to publicly say it. So we'll get to those maybe never. But now I turned to Demanse, who usually is across the room from me. But right now, look at this magic of television or radio. Look, I'm talking to him right next to me. There's a gap between us, though, Demons, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: Luca and your MAVs down three to zero to the Warriors. Yeah, when Andrew Wiggins holsterizes Luca Doncers, I think it's time to abandon ship. Now, I'm pretty sure you're gonna say he's scoring forty points every night, so it's not his fault. But only two guys Luca and Russ, have losing records with forty plus games in the playoffs. Yeah, I mean, isn't that kind of scary to you?
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's a lot I need to discuss here in regards to Luca, and I'm gonna hit this twelve min o'clock.
Speaker 5: And in regards to the series, first of all, this idea.
Speaker 3: That because the maps are two and six when Lucas scores forty, that he needs to defer more. You've watched these games. I've watched these games. Yeah, he's deferned plenty. You know what, I think he needs to quit defern so much so Reggie Bullock can go over ten, and Maxi Cleven can forget how to shoot, and we got Frankie Nicotine out there missing threes. Josh Brain made an appearance. No, I understand it looks bad that he's two and six when he scores forty, but the reality is this, Luca every game is trying to get teammates involved Earth and the reason they have a losing record when he scores forty is because since he's been a MAV, when does he score the most when his teammates aren't shooting well? So he has to It's not a chicken in the egg situation. People are like, which came first? I know what comes first? The team struggles, so Lucas starts shooting more. That he is shooting more in games they lose because the reason he's shooting more is because they're already losing, if that makes sense. And I need to see Luca play with one person who's made one All Star team before I determine that he's that he is just a taller Slovenian Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 4: But what No, I wasn't going to try to crush you. I obviously have been watching the games with you, and it's it's very sad to see.
Speaker 3: It's so devastating.
Speaker 4: I feel like you got to be aware. Are these type of things before, you know on television say this.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the worst part, though. The worst part is how they're losing. You mentioned Wiggins dunking on him. Yep, there is a clip of me from two and a half years ago calling Andrew Wiggins a bad basketball player and announcing after the Warriors traded D'Angelo Russell for Wiggins and a pick that this is going to be why Steph Perry never makes another finals.
Speaker 4: And where's at right though?
Speaker 3: And now?
Speaker 5: And Delo is.
Speaker 3: The third or fourth best guy on the most annoying team in the league in Minnesota. Wiggins is having a wildly impactful series and they're a game away from making the finals, and so I'm rightfully getting annihilated. I'm just getting absolutely crushed, and you know what I deserve to be. I was wrong.
Speaker 5: I was a little too harsh on Wigs.
Speaker 3: Now everyone forgets that a year ago I already apologized for this tape. A year ago, I already folded my hand on the Wiggins tap with the basketball tape. Gods, I basically did to Wiggins what Pat bab is trying to do to CP three, and I am now getting it. Just listen, this is the life I've chosen. Everyone gets to take their victory lap at my expense. With all that said, I will say this series is an over now, as a team ever come back from down three to zero. No.
Speaker 5: However, however, we just.
Speaker 3: Saw the Maps come back from down to them, and we've seen the Warriors blow three to one week.
Speaker 4: Those things are true.
Speaker 3: So do I think the Maps are totally dead? No? As if in three straight nights that I woke up having dreamt about Game two. Game two is the one I can't get over. Game Two's the pivot point of the series. They're up nineteen and they blow it. And then yesterday nobody everybody was scared. Two people not scared Luca and Dinwiddie. But I give the worries Runson got.
Speaker 4: He got his buckets here.
Speaker 5: He wasn't scared, he wasn't great, but everyone else was terrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sucks so much. Okay, speaking of things that suck, let's get to your take on the Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, what are you doing now?
Speaker 4: What are you doing now? Why have you won Game three against Boston without Jimmy Butler?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I mean missed the whole second half.
Speaker 4: They still one. Unfortunately, Boston has played super inconsistently throughout the series. Book. We'll see what happens a game four. Yeah, but do you think it's safe to say that either neither of these teams could hang with Golden State? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, First of all, Golden State's on the finals yet.
Speaker 3: Second of all, No, I don't think it's safe say neither team can hang with Golden State. And I know you don't think it's safe to say. Listen, we're having a lot of technical difficulties today. You're hearing in the audio quality we're watching on his YouTube. You've probably seeing in the YouTube quality we're powering through despite the technical difficulties. I don't I might have a tweet of Demonza's that I would like to put on the screen that says, if you don't think the Celtics are going to win the title.
Speaker 4: As said, you need to be under surveillance, surveillance. Clearly you're not able to think rationally and you could be unsafe to those around you and the general public. That's what you said.
Speaker 3: Maybe a slight overreaction by you, buddy, because your beloved Jason Tatum uh oh was not finished.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, job's not finished.
Speaker 3: Job's not finished, but it's not going great for you. And maybe everyone needs to put some respect on the Miami Heat name. They didn't make the finals two years ago. They were the one seed and they just won a game when Jimmy Butler missed the half, when Kyle Lowry was at like thirty percent, and when Tyler Hero hardly showed up. Maybe Miami knows what they're doing. That was an egregious loss for Boston. And by the way, what is up with the Celtics having career altering injuries and then coming back two minutes later. The history Onics is unbecoming them all trying to be Willis Reid out there.
Speaker 4: Google him, He's Okay.
Speaker 3: You know who willis read is?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: You know what tangent, who's willis reed? He played for the Knicks. Stop feeding him answers, producers, stop feeding him answer.
Speaker 4: But nobody fed me an answer played for the Knicks.
Speaker 5: Nobody fed you that.
Speaker 4: No, you know, I'm would be real honest right now. Nobody fed me that. But both those answers that I just gave, I was like eighty percent sure that I would be wrong, but I just guessed. But yeah, he's I know who he is. I've played with him on Blacktop in two kids. Oh yeah, all right, that's all you know. Okay, good job by you, bad job by me. The l's just keep on coming for your boy, Nick, right, just really, Rob.
Speaker 3: Demonday's out foxing me here on old NBA history.
Speaker 5: I'm angry with what's going on in the West.
Speaker 3: The only saving grace is this Celtics and Demons are in pain about how the Eastern arm respondents are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but game fource tonight.
Speaker 3: Game force tonight, people.
Speaker 4: It will show that for a little bit longer. You're very confident Boston's gonna win. I'm very long, very Conway. Jason TAM's gonna do what he did in the last game. Everybody, everybody's gonna show it, you know, and Brown scored forty. I believe he'll get at least twenty to twenty five tonight. As long as he does that, I feel like we'll be good.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's my only question. Do you think between games three and four and again Game four lit will have already happened?
Speaker 4: When you hear this, Robert Williams might play. Okay, stop with the Robert Woods.
Speaker 5: Have a more important question.
Speaker 3: Do you think between games three and four the Boston Celtics as a team will have learned how to dribble the ball? Because that seemed to be a problem for him, and I think that's gonna be important against this heat.
Speaker 5: He all right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Juwan Howard reportedly turned down to offer to coach the Lakers. Yeah, reports say they're considering Darvin Ham or Terry Stotts, but the Doc Rivers rumors aren't really going anywhere. Do you think that James Harden is so washed that Doc Rivers would be willing to coach Russell Westbrook and Lebron James.
Speaker 5: Here's what I think.
Speaker 3: I'm actually not going to talk about the Lakers coaching search today, I have no interest in it. There's too much pain for me in the sports world, and I want to talk about the NIL situation. So if you want to know my take on the Lakers coaching situation, you're gonna have to find it somewhere else.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing it today. I'm gonna hit the clock and.
Speaker 3: I want to talk NIL. Go ahead, next, next next topic.
Speaker 6: That was next topic, Nick Saban and Jim and Jimbo Fisher got into it about playing recruits. Yeah, you said on TV that people have such a problem with the NIL because of race.
Speaker 4: Some other media members did not agree with that. Yeah, what's the bigger problem for the for the NIL? Racism or fans being mad about their players not being able to play?
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's where we get to a infuriating Friday afternoon. So I want to make it very clear what I said on the show on Friday. On first things first, I said the whole college athletics system would never have been allowed to get to this place where it is a multi Men's college football and men's college basketball are multi billion dollar enterprises where the coaches make more than pro coaches in certain circumstances where administrators and ads and the NCAA president it's all seven figure jobs, and that you are paying for other things around your athletic program, paying for the golf team or the tennis team, or the swimming team, whatever it is. None of that would have been allowed to happen over the last forty years, as it's gotten more and more out of way if it wasn't for the fact that it is men's football and basketball, which is drastic majority black population, paying the freight for all that it is. It is wealth generated by young, mostly were, mostly black men, and that wealth is being redistributed to a mostly white either administration, coaching staff, or non rev sports.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: I didn't say college athletics are inherently racist. I didn't call anyone individually a racist. I said that we only got to this point because it was young, mostly poor, mostly black kids being taken advantage of, so nobody gave a damn to fix it for a long time.
Speaker 5: I know I'm right about that.
Speaker 3: It is undeniable that I'm right about that, And yet that really bothered a few people, one of which is an alleged colleague.
Speaker 5: And and you know, what I've.
Speaker 3: Thought about how I'm going to handle this all weekend, because I knew I was gonna be asked about it on the show, and I am going to. I am going to and I hate doing this, be the bigger man. I don't like being the bigger man.
Speaker 5: I like being this. I like going low when other people go out the anti Michelle Obama.
Speaker 3: When they go low, go lower when they're unprofessional, meet their own professionalism with a potentially career crippling rant. That's what I thought of, because the person who took the biggest issue with it, he.
Speaker 5: Quote tweeted me and said, this is fake racism.
Speaker 3: He then went on to say fake racism almost as bad as actual racism, which is a hell of a statement to make. But that person then tripled down, even though again I wasn't talking.
Speaker 5: To him and I called no one racist.
Speaker 3: That person then said, was I a racist when I made twenty calls on your son's behalf for college basketball and let him stay at my mom's house?
Speaker 4: Holy? So now you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Wow. And so I saw that tweet and I was like, I don't even know if I'm gonna respond to this.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how to respond to this.
Speaker 3: But again, in case he's listening, if you don't think, if you think me or my son was not adequately grateful for the help you.
Speaker 4: Gave us five years ago, then my apologies.
Speaker 3: I think we're out of time.
Speaker 5: I think we need to move on demons. I think we need to send him an edible arrangement will be right now.
Speaker 7: Hey there, Ryan Reynolds here, it's a new year, and you know what that means.
Speaker 3: No, not the.
Speaker 7: Diet resolutions, a way for us all to try and do a little bit better than we did last year. And my resolution, I'm like Big Wireless, is to not be arranging and raise the price of wireless on you every chance I get. Give it a try at midmoble dot com.
Speaker 8: Slash forty five dollars up from payment required equivalent to fifteen dollars per month new customers on first three month plan only, taxes and fees, extra speeds lower about forty gigabytes on unlimited cementmobile dot com for details.
Speaker 3: So you don't even know the stuff I'd be going through, behind the scenes stuff that's going on. You have no idea, You have no idea, You just you just you know, you just live in your happy, go lucky life out here playing basketball, watching hoops, doing your job.
Speaker 4: Don't know all the balls I have in the air.
Speaker 3: I'm dealing with this on Friday. Saturday viewers that are first ever prom Do you even know what I have with your sister and brom on Saturday? I mean I asked her all problem with so?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anything that she she lost her phone?
Speaker 5: Well you got it back the next day. Lost her phone.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, oh, she's been take a page out old big Brother's book. Oh the old fortuitous phone losing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was what I ever tried, but.
Speaker 3: Well, you tried everything else and you did act. Maybe maybe you couldn't try it because you actually lost your phone too. Some times you're like, I can't fake lose my phone because I have about every nine months I lose the actual phone.
Speaker 5: All right, you ready to go?
Speaker 3: All right? Let's do it? All right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast YouTube show. Uh, it's usually better technically. I will tell you the sound of the.
Speaker 5: Video, all of it.
Speaker 3: Massive internet issues at COSA deel. Right, my apologies should be cleaned up by the next episode. But we are we are you know, getting through it together. Demons? What are we starting with right here?
Speaker 4: The other day we were watching the Warriors game together and you mentioned that you don't like the players being miked up pregame for at least the playoffs. Yeah, why is that? And what would you do different?
Speaker 3: Okay here, I don't mind guys being miked up, and it's one way audience. So when this so when you have a player miked up, and then we can do like you know, the T and T audio assist and you hear them like calling out defenses, those types of things that I'm totally fine with. I thought Draymond doing an interview where he wasn't just miked up, but at an ear piece in before game two a back in so it's a two way conversation, right back and forth.
Speaker 4: With the T and T guys. I thought that was a bad look.
Speaker 3: And listen, I like Draymond plenty. I've said I think he's, you know, should have won three Defensive Player of the Year awards. He's to me, a clear cut Hall of famer. I understand his value. But I also, if I'm as teammates, I'm a little irritated at how much Draymond the future media personality has intersected with Draymond the current player. So this was more of like.
Speaker 4: A Draymond Green specific thing, or is this like for well everybody?
Speaker 3: Is it would be for everyone body? But here's the thing. I don't think there's many players that would say yesterday. I don't think there's many guys that in the layup line minutes before a playoff game would say, yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Do a full back and forth interview like.
Speaker 3: I just think.
Speaker 4: I mean, another player on the Warriors, Jordan Poole did it and I didn't see that one, but that I don't you.
Speaker 3: I think Draymond kind of gives him the permission structure, so to speak, like Draymond's you know, would do it.
Speaker 5: Draymond says, it's school.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I would be shocked if Steph did it. I know this much. We would crush Kyrie if he did it. If Kyrie did an interview during layup lines of a playoff game, Marcus Smart, I feel like would get a lot of shit for doing it. I just it just struck me as odd, and maybe it's it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think like Draymond the podcaster, Draymond the broadcaster, all of these things while the Warriors are trying to win a championship. And if we're being totally honest, Draymond hasn't like bathed.
Speaker 4: Himself in glory in this series.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I don't think that's great. I also, are we talking anywhere in the show? I know the b blocks usually mostly surprised me. Are we talking anywhere in the show about the technicals with Draymond? Yes?
Speaker 5: We are. Okay, then I'll wait for it. Okay, all right, let's move on. What's next.
Speaker 4: Who's the worst offender in the league? Mavericks Bench interfering with place where Draymond Green fighting with refs.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's great. So now time for a little this or that. So the Mavericks Bench is a very interesting situation because my buddy Lazlov, who I've quoted on this podcast many times, he has a line about parking at concerts and parking in no parking zones. Okay, and he was going to a concert once with his co host Slim Fast and Slim said, you can't park here, Puzzle said, yes you can. He said no, It says, you know, restricted parking. He's like, it'll be a ticket. He's like, yeah, I know, I can park here. It's just gonna cost me seventy five dollars and I'm comfortable with it. Meaning if you're willing to pay the fine, you're allowed to do it. That's what the MAVs have decided to do with the bench stuff. Right Mark Cuban has said, I'll pay the fines. It's worth it to me. So he knows he's gonna get fined. He doesn't seem really to be complaining about getting fined, and he says it's worth it. That's so I have no issue with it. Like the NBA needs to figure out, like are you gonna up the fines. You're can make it more punitive. Until then, it's not a real determinent. Draymond's stuff with the refs is so fascinating because Draymond has determined correctly that if he gets a technical foul early enough in a game, he is paying a one free throw tax to be able to act however he wants the rest of the game. And I can't really crush Draymond for this because the refs are doing it. If you guys didn't see Game two, Draymond early in got a tech him and then just kept escalating the lunacy throughout the rest of the game because he knew they weren't gonna throw him out. And it's it's very annoying, but I'll be honest, I've seen Luca do the same thing. Not in this series, but in previous year's playoffs. Luca, who loves to yell at the refs two, would get an early tech and then up the ante instead of lower because he knows you're really gonna throw me out. What I would say is this, Draymond then got an early tech again in game three, but he didn't really. He didn't lose his mind too much in game three, to his credit, maybe because he thought Mark Davis might throw him out.
Speaker 4: It's on the maps.
Speaker 3: If Draymond gets an early tech to bait him into another one, like if you you're playing Frankie Nicotine minutes, even though he keeps it in the side of the back world on threes or even Josh Green minutes, check them in and have him shove and just see what No for real, not not do anything dirty like dayous, just do that and see and then Draymond would only have himself to blame because he's he's the one that already got the first second. But it is a very fascinating dynamic where Draymond is just paying a one free throw tax.
Speaker 5: To be able to act and yell and bemoan however much he wants.
Speaker 3: It's not incredibly watchable, and I don't think it makes him look good. And I just don't think it's a good look for Draymond that he is as he is more shocked than anyone when he hits a jump shot, and every jump shot he makes, which is only one or two a game, he reacts like it's a contested thirty eight foot or for his fortieth point, like Draymond yesterday hit a foot on the.
Speaker 5: Line top of the key too, and.
Speaker 3: Then was flexing and snarling, and then they showed his love and it was two of six six points.
Speaker 4: It's like, buddy, like, you gotta calm down, all right.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 4: Oh, Tiger's run at the impressive because he played through injury. Embarrassing because he sucked. Okay, sucked is a little mean? Okay.
Speaker 3: Tiger rallied on Friday to make the cut. It was stirring drama. I wish you'd been watching. And then Thursday shot a seventy nine, which is about ten strokes worse than he wanted to. Do you have another golf thing you want to say? You have? You got a little twinkle in your eye, like you've got a zinger for me.
Speaker 4: I'm still not a golf fan. What what what color jacket would you win for?
Speaker 3: You know, playing really badly in a tournament and then withdrawing.
Speaker 4: What is that a brown jacket?
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna ask what color jacket you get for winning the PGA? Do you do?
Speaker 5: You know what you get for winning the PGA Championship? The wanna Maker Trophy.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a trophy.
Speaker 5: It's a sweet All of them are trophies. Well, oh, the trophy is the jacket. No, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: So you get a trophy and a jacket or do you just get a trophy?
Speaker 3: You only get a jacket for the Masters? Okay, it's the green jacket for the Masters, it's the Claret drug for the British Open, It's the Watermaker Trophy for the PGA.
Speaker 4: See, okay, you know what? Need no more golf talk with him from now on, that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, from now on, we're bringing in someone else Where's Tom Ronaldi. Tom Ronodi's got a podcast coming out with Box. We're bringing Tom Renaldi for our future golf talk.
Speaker 5: What's next?
Speaker 4: Okay. More intriguing comment Kip saying Lance has an insane ceiling or Kyrie calling Lebron the GM on a podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go with Kyrie. You're calling Lebron le GM for a number of reasons, as he wants to be a giv the no, just because I just at this point, I just want as much Kyrie content as possible. I find the whole thing fascinating. Like I will listen to Kyrie on these podcasts, and some of the time, I'm like, you know what, I actually kind of empathize with the guy, Like you know what, I do think his heart's in the right place. And then other times he just seems out of his mind, and other times I just I don't know if we can say that that's good, go ahead, you know what, go ahead and give Demonse's first ever bleep. If we can do that retroactively. I don't think you're I don't think you need to be in the business of diagnosing people. I don't know that's like a clinical term you just used. So that's okay, it's a it's a lesson from you. I honestly did not think that was that. I know you didn't.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm here to just keep us steady, teach you about the Wannamaker Trophy, and tell you the things you can't say on the podcast. Let's just move on. Let's just keep it moving.
Speaker 4: Watch one Michael Vick playing fan control football or J. Cole playing professional basketball in Canada?
Speaker 3: All right here, I'd rather watch vic. Here's my question for you. Do you think you if you spent the next three months getting in shape, I think i'd cook Jacole.
Speaker 4: That's what I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna ask you. Yeah, that's where I was gonna act what I want to set them J J. Cole demanse they're one on one or like three on three. Because here's why we live in New York. We're not that far from the Canadian border. My question is this, if J. Cole succeeds in this Canadian basketball league.
Speaker 5: Do you think you should try out?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I'm totally I'm not joking.
Speaker 6: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much he played basketball, but he was good. Okay, you might have been good. I haven't seen his highlights, but I've seen him, like, you know, running up the court and playing now. And maybe it's just he's got like a different skill set. It's like things like athleticism and stuff. It just looks like.
Speaker 3: What a what Loki shape? Maybe it's a different skill set. Maybe his thing isn't athleticism and stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know Luca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jake Cole's not Luca.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I guess that's fair.
Speaker 3: Uh, but no, I want to I part of me wants to see Vick, but part of me wants to see j Cole just because I know how good of a player you are where you are in my mind, I want to see if I believe you're better than j Cole, because if I do, I think it might be a What's right road trip to try to get you a tryout for j Cole's team. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the big game first, before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, so check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: In final second on We'll try with Nick Right podcast and YouTube show again or a reminder every Sunday, our top fifty players of last fifty years list continues on our podcast and YouTube feeds.
Speaker 5: Next week we get into the top two.
Speaker 3: One and without question, our most controversial inclusion will be involved in that episode. We did players twenty five through twenty two this past Sunday, so.
Speaker 5: Check that out also later show.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on Wednesday and hope or on Thursday, pardon me, hopefully with our audio and internet quality better by then. But thank you for working with us through this as we you know, try our best to you know, uh string and cup this podcast together. Final segment here, there are many things we could talk about. I actually want to go back to something we were talking about the other day because I think the audience enjoyed it Fortnite Yep, why can't I get good at it? I'm serious. I maybe that's the problem with the internet today. Maybe I used up all our internet for the month by playing a NonStop this weekend. I it is. I'm not trying to sound arrogant here, but there are very few things in my life. I don't know that I can think of one that I worked really hard at and didn't become great at it. Fortnite I'm working really hard at it and I'm terrible at it.
Speaker 5: Like, it's not that I'm not great at it.
Speaker 3: I'm really truly.
Speaker 4: Awful at it. Yeah, so what have I do?
Speaker 3: What am I doing wrong?
Speaker 4: I mean when you're playing is to land on the outskirts of the map and sometimes not even really like some of the parts on the map that you land on. I know this is very specific, but yeah, it's like I didn't even know. We're like a part of the game and discovering new things. Discovering new things. Yeah, your goal is right, anybody the higher game, Well.
Speaker 3: That seems like sound strategy to one hundred people. Only one wins. It's like so let them eliminate each other in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you just end up facing possibly the best dude in the game. See that. It's like in the NFL, you get a really bad schedule and then you run into a really good team in the playoffs and you get knocked out because you weren't experienced in playing actual good people. All Right, you know what, that's your best live analogy ever. Felt really good.
Speaker 3: That's like a really smart point you made. I'm so annoying that as something to do with Fortnite. No, No, that's fine. Listen, you're in your wheelhouse here. Uh I, I really here's the thing. I don't even enjoy playing it that much. I just can't admit defeat. I need to get good at it. Yeah, but I look back on them, and there's pretty fluky the one, the one, the two wins that I saw. The second one I don't remember what happened, but the first one.
Speaker 4: Was actually it was a nice shot. You know, you got to kill with the sniper.
Speaker 3: Is there a Fortnite version.
Speaker 4: That is just they do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they Maybe I should try that because I've already started doing the battle the game.
Speaker 4: Start playing snipers only Yeah, that's a bad idea. I think that sniper's are like one of the hardest guns to use in the game.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't Maybe this is what it's like for you know, I'm going to sound like such an asshole. Maybe this is what a lot of people deal with. Like I worked really hard and I still couldn't do it. I've never I'm thirty seven. I don't know that I've ever felt this way, like the hardest thing the things I've ever worked the hardest at, up to and including apologies of this a little uncomfortable for you, getting your mom to go on a date with me, I've achieved.
Speaker 4: I worked at that for a year and they were married.
Speaker 3: I interview to go to Syracuse and the dean said to me, seems sharp, you seem hardworking, but you'll never get on the radio with that voice. And then on the drive home, my mom said to me that in order to get on TV, even though I overcome the voice, I would get a nose, Anita nose job.
Speaker 4: And I'm so that's really crush.
Speaker 3: But it's not though, because I was at one point in time, I believe the second best sports radio person in the country to Colin, and now I'm America's favorite sports television broadcaster, or at least on the short list. I've achieved all these things, and this goddamn Fortnite game, I just keep getting smoked. And this weekend I Playa's friend, this eight year old. He's eight years old, and he annihilated me and kept laughing at me. Then he's like, let's play a different version.
Speaker 5: They all make it easier for you.
Speaker 3: And then he got his little brother. Tanna's friend's little. Tanna's eight. Her friend is eight. Little brother's got to be six and a half or seven. And he smoked me too.
Speaker 5: And they're both on the little cop laughing at me.
Speaker 3: And then we did a trios match and they got super pissed me. Yes, they refused to revive me.
Speaker 5: They're like, no, bro.
Speaker 3: Danna, your dad's stinks.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, oh my god.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, hopefully the internet gets picked so the podcast will be better and I can get some more Fortnite. Rep said, good show today, buddy. I'll talk to you later.