Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show for Thursday March twenty seventh at Shannon the Dude. I'm in lois Will being joined by Billy Rutledge over in Lexington. And you can give us a call on the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line at eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be our Whiskey Thief Call of the day, and you can also send us a text at five two two six five six six five six Ksrpre Show being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. Billy, we get the college Sweet sixteen tonight. We had some of the high school Sweet sixteen going on yesterday. I'm looking at you right now on our video teams call. And before we get to all that stuff, I gotta say, what is going on with your hair today? Normally you get the slick back hair. Today you got it all pushed forward. I've never seen your hair look like that before.
Speaker 1: What's good?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Shannon. It's great to be with you. I've got a little funky rooster coffee with me this morning. You're right, it's a fantastic time of the year. I got to partake in a little bit of the boys Sweet sixteen yesterday and I'm sure we'll touch on that. Uh, yesterday I got a new haircut. Shannon decided to go to a new place, went to a salon. My hairstylist was from Lebanon, Kentucky, which was awesome for twenty minutes about my hey Bell Toss championship and maybe I'll bring the trophy over next time I see her, but went with a little bit more of a modern look. Shannon wanted to mix it up a little bit. So we've we've got bangs for the first time since maybe two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna slick. So do we call you billy bangs?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't want I don't want any alliteration here. Oh, come on now, and we're gonna get past this awkward phase and it's and it's gonna look nice.
Speaker 1: Let me get a picture of you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me get a picture, since you posted.
Speaker 3: It, you're ready for this.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no no no, don't change it. Don't change the hair.
Speaker 3: Do you got to get through an were taking photos?
Speaker 2: Look photo, Look up at the camera. There you go smile for the camera. There you go. Okay, I'll tweet that out during the break. Oh you got your eyes close to the picture.
Speaker 3: Oh no, don't do that to me. Don't do that to me at least take a picture with my eyes open. Are you trying to get back of me? Because of the photo? I posted a view.
Speaker 2: This morning, posted a great picture of me from you asked me before we went on the air, what year was that picture that you tweeted out this morning? I want to say that was two thousand and six, right there, two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: That was in the Fox studio.
Speaker 2: We used to have an active rock station, a very popular modern rock station, which in my opinion, should still be on the air. I don't know why they ever took it off the air, but that was from I think like my first year on the air, which was six, and that was in the old Fox studio. They I don't know if we talked about this before on the air, or if we were having this conversation off the air.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they all just blend together.
Speaker 2: But like when I first started in radio, they gave me the worst shift. They gave me like Sunday night at midnight, midnight to five in the morning. So the Graveyard and yeah, oh my god, that was like worse than the I mean that was like not even like a week night.
Speaker 1: It's Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Like nobody's listening to the radio Sunday night at midnight till five in the morning.
Speaker 1: They knew that.
Speaker 2: That's why they put me on the air at that time. Uh, but you know I would go in there and actually do the show live, and uh, you know, after my six months of initiation doing the Sunday night shift, I actually had third shifters working at UPS who would call me up and go, hey, dude, will you play a song for me. They're like, this guy's actually live in the studio. So I was, you know, entertaining the third shifters and the uh, you know, all the UPS workers out there on my Sunday night shift.
Speaker 3: In my early days of radio, you know, back in my day, Shannon, when I first started, I would do the Saint Jude's telethon pretty frequently, and that was an all night thing. Uh, doing the Graveyard shift. You know, if you want to, if you want to look at it, or maybe a mental thought, take my hair and then just spike all the hair on my forehead up. And that's the photo you have of Shannon that I've posted this morning. Yeah, I mean you, I mean you could poke a balloon with that hair. It looks I did have this spike you hear going on back then. So I don't know, I'm gonna have to get used to this new haircut that you got going on. They'll bill like, look, I mean it'll get a little better, honestly, And you know they want me to buy product and do all these things. Shannon, you know, it's it's just different.
Speaker 2: Were like, you gave me a lot of crap when I went to the wrong hairstylist and got basically the dumb and dumber look. But you're telling me you went to the hairstylist and you actually asked for that. You asked for that haircut. That wasn't a mistake. You're telling me you asked for that haircut. You said, please cut my hair the way that it looks right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I just I kind of went like I want something new. I don't really know what I want. I don't want to mullet. Clearly you've got some you know, creative liberties here. Jesus christyerties take some take some shots at me this morning. I'm gonna put my hat back on.
Speaker 1: You know, I love you. It's all good. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: We just make fun of each other here. We're one big, happy family, that's right. You know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a.
Speaker 2: Guy within the KSR family, Ryan Lemon, apparently it is the coolest guy in room when he walks into the high school sweet sixteen at Rapperina. You know, we we had the broadcast from there yesterday and Ryan Lemon seemed to know everybody that walked in. Even if he didn't know, he was convincingly pretending to know everybody there. He convinced me, is there any situation, Billy in life for you to where you walk in the room and Billy r Sports is the coolest guy in the room.
Speaker 3: Well, not often, Shannon. It had to be very select rooms. I mean, maybe when I was meeting a couple of my brother's friends yesterday, I thought it maybe I was a little bit of a celebrity of the high schoolers. But Shannon, know, nothing like Ryan walking into Rapperena.
Speaker 2: I mean, what about like when you get in the sauna at the gym and at you and just one other guy well, you got to be cooler than the other guy, right, so that would make you the coolest guy in the sauna.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd think that. But you know, if I could go in there today with this haircut, that may not be the case. Shannon. I may have to rescind that.
Speaker 2: You're saying the only room that you're the coolest guy in is the one you're sitting in by yourself.
Speaker 3: This one got here where I'm alone in the studio. Ryan is like when I like to think a Kentucky player hits a buzzer beater the night before and then still goes the class the next day. That's the how I like to think they're treated the same way. Ryan's been treated at Rapperina at least yesterday, and he just goes and.
Speaker 1: Acts like he owns the place.
Speaker 2: He steals the internet connection from Saint X and their broadcast crew and just walks in and makes herself at home.
Speaker 3: Well, he talks about running for mayor one day, and you know, it seems far fetch at times, and his takes about you know, streets and what he would do when he gets in office seem far fetch. But anytime something like this happens I think it reignites the thought of this guy is popular, this guy could run for office like that. But no, I love it. I love it, and I love it that he's stealing the Ethernet cable of radio crews minutes before we go on the air. And that's just the charm of Kazar and our guy Ryan Lemon. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got to say congrats to you and your south Oldham are the dragons?
Speaker 3: Dragons?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won, they move on.
Speaker 2: We had Ashland be Callaway County and then the upset of the day, Billy Jytown takes down the top seed at Saint X team. Yeah, how about that? Also had Bowling Green went over at Derrick County. So a crazy first day of the high school Sweet sixteen. Now, of course later tonight we get going with the the NCAA Tournament Sweet sixteen. Got the games going on in Indianapolis tomorrow. Of course that's the game we care about. Mark Pope said yesterday that Billy at Kentucky there's beautiful pressure. Do you know what beautiful pressure is? Do you do you ever feel beautiful pressure in your life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. That feels like beautiful As an adjective here is a little much Shinn and I think you were you the one making fun of Mark a little bit of sause.
Speaker 2: Everything's beautiful things, beautiful and sunshine and rainbows and beautiful pressure. I've never heard that turn never heard those two words put together. You know, Usually it's terrifying pressure, right, you know, anxiety. You're rid in pressure, not beautiful pressure, though it's It's Pope's way.
Speaker 3: Pressure should be an opportunity. That's how you make diamonds is by pressure. So I think that's when you when the cream rises that you know, pressure is important. But you know what, Shannon put beautiful in front of everything, And I'm sure it's a little tiring to hear that, but it's better than the opposite, where we're somebody's guarded and not telling you anything. I haven't seen him. It's been a welcome change of verbiage this year, There's no doubt. Beautiful seems like a little mutch.
Speaker 2: Now do you think that maybe that picture of Ziggler that's floating around, of him flipping off the U. I guess, like, what would you call that a collage painting that's in rupp Arena on the wall.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this picture that's floating seen it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like he's he's uh, you know, he's doing that to the logo.
Speaker 2: Do you think that maybe that I mean, that's some bulletin board material right there, right, And first of all, that is a real picture, right, I know, with AI floating around, it's it's easy to get confused sometimes. I believe that's an actual real picture of Ziggler flipping off a Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Player on the wall behind him in Rapperina.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah, it was after Tennessee beat UCLA in the NCAA tournament, so they were in Lexington and I believe that photo was snapped and boy did it make the rounds yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean everybody was picking that up. And you know, you'd like to think this team's motivated and they don't need the bulletin board material. But it can't hurt, right, just kind of throw that up there, make sure the guys remember. But of all people to do that, I don't think it should be as the Kaizigler.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's the guy that's been really struggled. He's been dominated by Kentucky the first couple of games.
Speaker 1: So you know, I don't.
Speaker 2: If I'm Ziggler, I'm like, I probably wish that nobody took that picture because I don't think, especially at this point of the year, you need to give anybody any extra incentive to to come out and whoop your ass.
Speaker 3: Do you think that matters, though, Like, do you think you would play better in the biggest stage in your life because of that photo was taken earlier in the week, because I mean the sense emergency is already Maybe not.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to tell you if I'm guarding him, if I'm guarding him in the game, you remember it, I might give.
Speaker 1: Him a few stuff elbows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like if I'm gonna foul him, I may lay it in, as we say in wrestling, make him fill it a little bit. Okay, you don't come into our house and disrespect us. Right, If I'm gonna get called for a foul, I'm gonna make it count.
Speaker 3: Well, just don't get it technical, you know, don't cost the team. But you know, I understand about getting your guys motivated for maybe trap games and things like that. But if you're in the sweet sixteen, you're playing in a freaking football stadium, that's the last thing on my mind a lot of times. But you know what, I'm tired of this cliche. It's hard to beat a team three times. Kentucky's ready to do it this.
Speaker 1: Weekend, yep.
Speaker 2: And on the broadcast tomorrow night, Kevin Harlan will not be there. I believe that might have something to do with the restraining order that he has against Mario, who is his number one super fan. But I got to get your take on something, Billy. You know, we talked about this in Milwaukee and there was the guy from the Illinois media I forget his name, but his hashtag was pipe bomb where he did not like the fact that there were multiple Kentucky media members who were wearing Kentucky gear sitting in the media area. And I feel like maybe this is a topic that Billy r Sports might have a strong take on.
Speaker 3: And I just wanted to get your thoughts on tho once we have that, because I told you I didn't want to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Topic, I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get your your honest opinion on what do you think? You know you're part of the media, now, do you think that media members should be allowed to wear their team gear? Show their support when they're on press row at a game.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Well here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You're going comfortable? Do you not want to do you not want to talk about it? For real?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Look, I mean here's the thing. I mean, the tweet was stupid, right, I mean you're at a major sporting event. You're looking around at media members and looking at what they're wearing. Right, it's and calling it out publicly. It's I mean, Big Blue Nations jumped on that guy, there's no doubt. And that's why I'm going to be very careful with my words here. But I graduated from the School of Broadcast Journalism, Shannon, and there's a sense of journalism out there that you should not be wearing team logos while you were on press row.
Speaker 2: There's a sense of there's okay, say that again. There's a sense from journalism.
Speaker 1: So you're saying.
Speaker 3: Sense, are you saying term and the word journalists?
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 3: There? Don't wear logos while you're on press rod? Now, look, I get it that our media has changed. We have fan sites that people want to hear about their teams, and so Jack and Drew and Kentucky media members, they do a great great job. But if you are objective and you are doing it, you know, middle of the road, maybe you're working for a newspaper, You're probably not going to see those people with logos one.
Speaker 2: Because they don't care. There's people that write the Kentucky the care.
Speaker 3: They care about they care about the sporting event. They don't care about the school and supporting for the school during the game. And that's just not.
Speaker 2: That that was That was Jerry Tipton's answer, right, He wasn't necessarily pulling for Kentucky.
Speaker 1: He just wanted a good story for the game.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But let's be real, most of us in media are pulling for the team that we cover. We are, and I don't know why we have to pretend like we're not supporting that team when we go to the game. Now, I didn't graduate from the broadcast you know, the journalism school or whatever that you did, right, what you call.
Speaker 3: The broadcast journalism degree, I've got.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't have a broadcast journalism degree. I have a communications degree. So I didn't have like the the code of ethics when it comes to, you know, wearing a team's logo when you're broadcast, when you're you know there for a for a game, but I don't know why we have to pretend like we're not cheering for the team. I even think that we should be allowed to cheer for the team on press row.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's come.
Speaker 1: I can't clap. I can't clap.
Speaker 2: No, come on, why not? Why can't? You're working? These are profession team.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're talking into a microphone, You've got a radio call that you're doing. You're trying to write a game story. Okay, so you don't need a guy clapping in your ear right there. I mean that's you got.
Speaker 1: You got fans all.
Speaker 2: You've got twenty five thousand fans around you clapping and cheering.
Speaker 3: It's not the time. It's a professional setting press Row. You're not supposed to be clapping. Look, you can wear your logo. That's fine. I get it. You're you're about the university, maybe you're even working with the university. I can get that you're wearing a logo. But you're gonna call yourself a journalist, you don't wear the logo. I'm not calling myself a journalist press Row. I'm not a journalist, no, not at all. See that term has just changed a lot over the years.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I know some people are like, all right, well yeah, you should not be able to cheer, but come on, I can't clap, like that's really bothering you.
Speaker 1: You're working.
Speaker 2: Please, I'll look over these credentialed quote unquote media members. They're not doing anything. They're like tweeting on their phone. And if that makes you a media member, then we're all media members. It's gotten bad.
Speaker 3: Every blog, every blog boy gets a media credential. Now, I mean these guys names Shannon the dude is even able to get a seat around actual media. Why do you do two hours of radio and then sit there right the game. Let's act not act like you're there doing stuff. No, I think that you can get there in class. I'm covering the game. You're not covering the game.
Speaker 1: I am. I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I go and do the postgame show, I'm covering the game. I'm tweeting from the game, so I'm documenting what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: The problem is that, ever, they've allowed a lot of people to go on press row. Oh you know, it's just it's not what it used to be. So it's just that the standard has changed. I'm just telling you that back in the day, you'd have been ostracized.
Speaker 2: Back in the day. Please don't tell me about back in the day. You're twenty five years old.
Speaker 3: I don't know back in my day, I said, back in the day, I mean, that was just not acceptable. But look, I understand how the media landscape's changed. I get this is what people want, tribalism, and you know, reading your website that tells you exactly what you want to hear.
Speaker 2: So what's your final ruling okay or not okay? To where team logo okay, not okay?
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna, you know, go around taking pictures of people and saying, oh, look at this guy with his.
Speaker 1: Gearro you should tweet out hashtag pipe bomb. Billy R.
Speaker 2: Sports is not okay with media members wearing team logos on press row.
Speaker 1: Pipe bom Hey nine two twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you. We'll take your calls. Coming up next. It is the KSR pre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Billy, did you realize the day is opening day for Major League baseball.
Speaker 3: I did right before the show started. That's my five minutes of show prep, five minutes before the show starts. Yeah, but yes, I did see it was opening Day. It doesn't feel like that though, since they've already played those games in.
Speaker 2: Tokyo right now, and with the Sweet Sixteen going on, I kind of forgot that it was today. And then Tom Leach said to me, Happy Opening Day, and I go, oh, yeah, it's baseball season right right when the Sweet sixteen is going on. You know, I'm a baseball fan, but I kind of don't care, you know, like I'm kind of with you, like we've already kind of kicked off the baseball season with the game in Tokyo, and we've got the Sweet sixteen games going on today. So, like you say it, tonight, which games are you gonna watch? Opening Day for Major League Baseball or the Sweet I'm watching the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, there's too much going on. I mean, I love opening day. Baseball is a sport best taken in in person, and there's nothing like going up to Cincinnati for Reds Opening Day. And how about a red season with expectations? Shannon Matt's gonna say three times it's the summer of Ellie today on the show, and I think there's an expectation they can do some damage in the Central But you know, the Rays are playing at the Yankees spring training field all year. I mean, how are the Braves looking this year? Shan, you guys got high hopes or I'm one of those.
Speaker 2: I'm going on record right now, I am picking the Braves in the World Series. Boom Braves in the World's look, let's pick them. Who do you think who makes the World Series? I'll go Braves in the National League. I'd have to look at the odds on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: We see even like favorites to make the words.
Speaker 1: I think I think maybe the Yankees.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, like I don't have, like what the actual odds are for teams out of the American League to make the World Series this year?
Speaker 1: Can you pull that up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm going to try to pull it up right now.
Speaker 1: But I'll say Braves and Yankees.
Speaker 3: Who do you have without the outlook at Dodgers are the World Series favorite at plus two forty.
Speaker 2: The Braves are second plus eight fifty, So that's not a crazy prediction.
Speaker 3: You've got the Yankees at plus nine hundred, the Phillies at plus one thousand, the Mets at plus eleven hundred, the Mets please, and then the Orioles at plus sixteen hundred. So okay, you know, to save you from picking like Dodgers Yankees or something like that, I'd love to see the Orioles make the big game from the Al East. So do you get you got Dodgers Orioles, Dodgers Orioles. Give me the Dodgers Orioles, Shannon, I like that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So there you go. You can bet that on DraftKings Promo code KSR. Of course, you can also bet on the Sweet sixteen tonight. And if you're a new customer, sign up with promo code KSR. When you bet five dollars, you get two hundred instantly in bonus bets with live betting, same game parlay as player props, and so much more. And you get fast and easy payoffs with DraftKings Only. On DraftKings with Promo Code KSR, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem called one eat one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply in New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional terms and responsible gaming resources CDKNG, dot Co, slash Audio, let's shit in.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you something, forty I never want to call for the firing of somebody's job, but don't you feel like we book Wieda Bix has the biggest missed marketing opportunity with this Kentucky stuff of all time one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I saw that they came out and made some sort of statement, but like, why are you not.
Speaker 1: Using this this momentum?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is probably the biggest push that Wida bix has ever had in their existence, especially here in the United States. Why wouldn't you take that and run with it and you know, give Amari a huge nil deal and and support this push that you're getting from Big Blue Nation right now. I mean, there's no better fan base to get behind a product. Clearly, there's a ton of Kentucky fans that are going out and buying weed to bis just to try it. Why are they not using this and you know, basically springboarding themselves even higher, you know, exactly more money.
Speaker 3: Strike when the iron's hot man. This is gonna be a moot point two weeks from now when they finally decide to tweet again. They haven't tweeted since March nineteenth. I mean, what are we doing here, folks? I mean, whoever's monitoring the social media page or.
Speaker 1: Their marketing director needs to we have FR's in charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is ridiculous. And like you said, I think Tyler Thompson got a statement that she included in an article that she wrote. But why are they not like taking advantage and running with this thing. I don't know, maybe they don't need the sales, but it seems like a huge missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: We speaking of Tyler's you know, we had a call a couple of days ago that asked in Nashville, where's the best place to.
Speaker 1: Go watch the game tomorrow? On all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I gave him ten roof Broadway, which is still a good place to go.
Speaker 1: But to that.
Speaker 2: Listener, if you're listening right now or anybody else that's in the Nashville area, Tyler wanted me to pass along the word that in Nashville, beyond the Edge in East Nashville is the official watch party for those of you that are in the Nashville area that want to go watch the game tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: So there you go, on the edge. On the edge.
Speaker 2: We got about a minute here. Let's go to a call. We'll talk to LD first. Hey, what's up LD. That's the part where you talk LDE with us? All right, John, what's up?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: John? Hey, First of all, today is my mom's birthday. And she's a big Kentucky fan and she passed away fortunately, But I was just going to say happy birthday. She's going to lead me all up to Kentucky to be a Kentucky fan. And but I got my Wea Bates yesterday and it's awesome. So you love that?
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. I mean a lot of people are like, it doesn't taste that good. So did you put warm milk over it and put some sugar in?
Speaker 4: I have not tried. I did put honey. I did not put warm milk, yes, or sugar, but I did put honey mixed honey in with it.
Speaker 1: There you go, Billy.
Speaker 2: We got one positive review for Weed to Bicks. Thanks for the call, John, See what you.
Speaker 3: Got to you gotta add other stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems like they did it, but the adults seem to not like it. But that's one vote for Weeda Bicks. We'll be right back ksrpre Show, Welcome back. It is the KSR Pre Show eight five, nine, twenty two eighty seven. We're going to go back to the phones in just a minute. Hashtag billy bings. How long before that starts trending on Twitter?
Speaker 3: I like billy bombs if we want to, Oh, we talk about me telling the truth?
Speaker 2: To play off your your pipe bomb hashtag pipe bomb we got hashtag billy bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also thought radio was theater of the mind. So when you take pictures of my haircut and then post it on line, that feels like a violation of privacy.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like you did that to me though I remember remember when I got the bad haircut and you went in hard on me.
Speaker 3: Now, I didn't amplify these photos. They were taken because we were at remote. Mario was there. You personally took a photo and then decided to tweet it.
Speaker 2: But you're also the one who number one chose to get that haircut and number two chose to call me on video this morning. You could have just said, hey, my video is not working, and that way I never would have seen it, and you could have, you know, had some time to fix that.
Speaker 1: Whatever's on top of your head.
Speaker 3: Well that's the difference between you and me right around proudly like a peacock, did no matter what my hair looks like.
Speaker 2: So you think Cash Daniel is going to be strutting around like a peacock in the wrestling ring? Did you see it's training video that came out with ov W. I didn't even know this. This was news to me. Apparently Cash Daniel, who has never shied away about the fact that he's a huge professional wrestling fan, is.
Speaker 1: Now training behind the scenes at OVW.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's like training to try to come take a shot at the champ here or what the ultimate goal is for Cash, but I'm looking forward to seeing whatever Cash has got in the OVW ring, hopefully soon.
Speaker 1: I did, I did.
Speaker 3: I saw the video yesterday. I texted him immediately afterwards to tell him how great it looked. You know, Cash has told me privately this is something he's wanted to do for a while, So to see it come to fruition, to see him actually training and to see that well done video. I mean, I got me excited. I really think he's the type of character that would really work at OVW, don't you think, dude, I mean, you know this more than me.
Speaker 1: I think he could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I look, the video looked good the way they put it together, but it was nothing more than a couple of headlocks and collar and elbow tie ups. I didn't see any I didn't see any real wrestling there. I didn't see the I didn't see the best form. I didn't see a power bomb or a billy bomb that'd be your finishing move if you were. I think it's so yeah, I think you're wrong, But no, no, I'm in all seriousness. I think it's kind of cool that Cash Daniel is considering. I guess he's not considering. He is training with OVW, and I guess at some point will be on OVWTV, and.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll partake in the women Royal Rumbles, so I doubt he'll have a chance to go against you. That's maybe if you manage an opposing wrestler one day, you might be able to run around the ring when he's in the ring one day.
Speaker 2: Do you think that maybe Cash, Daniel will see that I'm a great manager, the greatest manager in OVW history, and maybe reach out to me and ask me to be his manager. I mean, that would be a really smart business move on Cash's part.
Speaker 1: If he had Shannon to the dude as his manager.
Speaker 3: I'd rather see him come after you a little bit.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Cash doesn't want any of that. I've been training hard for the leney as. He doesn't want this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you and your protein shakes think you're on his level.
Speaker 2: I know I'm on his Actually, you know what, I'm not on his level. I'm a level ahead of Cash. Cash needs to get to my level. All right, we'll bring him on the pre show. He can talk a little trash.
Speaker 3: It'll probably be when you're gone, so he'll have to take those shots. God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why he's scared of me? He's scared.
Speaker 3: No, it's because you have five six weeks of vacation. We've got to fill the time.
Speaker 1: So I don't hate the player, hate the game. Let's go to Adam's up at him?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 6: Feel like the key to the game tomorrow is our defense. And even though we won those first two games, we only forced Tennessee into thirteen turnovers combined over those two games, and since that, since that last Tennessee game, we're turning opponents over almost eleven and a half times per game. Since then, I feel like our defense has gotten so much better. And you know, they shot poorly in the first two games, So I think the turnovers are going to make the difference. Kentucky's gonna move on. And then my question is what's more egregious wearing your school's colors on press row or getting credentialed and not going to the game.
Speaker 1: Wow, great question, Billy.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, Look, I love that, but I've told him I'm not gonna say anything to you that I wouldn't say to Matt to his face.
Speaker 1: And I've said this on KSR.
Speaker 2: I think it's odd behavior to be credentialed and not go to the game. Again, now, it's not like it was in Lexington. I will remind you we drove eight hours to get to Milwaukee to go to the game, in which case he did not go to the game, not even like the start of the game, like even if he went to the game and left in the last five minutes because it was too close and his nerves couldn't take it fair enough. I got it, I understand, you know, But if you don't go to any of the game, you're not even there for the tip off Philly, and you're watching it in a random hotel lobby with the.
Speaker 1: Sound on mute.
Speaker 2: I think that is the more much more egregious behavior than wearing a UK logo on press row.
Speaker 1: You tell me if you agree or not.
Speaker 3: I'd love to give you a Billy bomb here, but I'm leaning towards what you're saying, Shanna. I think it is more egregious to get the credential and then not even show up for the game. I mean, it might allow another person to sit there on press row, but you're taking away a credential from somebody else, right, I mean if you have a limited amount of things, So I mean, come on, if you have a credential, go cover the game.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Somebody got denied so that Matt Jones could get credential to go watch the game in the Saint Kate hotel lobby.
Speaker 3: At least Shannon the dude stayed and actually partook in the event that he was credential and.
Speaker 2: The other again like to me, like it's it's about the eight hour drive too. Yeah, Like if this game were played in Louisville and he just decided to not go, all right, I guess I understand that. Dude. We got in our car and drove eight hours to get there. There's got to be some sort of payoff for that. And the payoff for me is going to the game and having really nice seats. Drove eight hours to come here. I'm gonna sit here and watch this game. But to not go to the game, Come on, man.
Speaker 3: When your job is to recap the game right after as well, I mean it's tough.
Speaker 1: Well you watched it.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 1: It's not like you didn't watch it. He watched it. I'm just why are you not?
Speaker 3: But but is it the same if you go to watch at the team hotel by your than surrounded by thousands of Kentucky fans.
Speaker 2: Well, there's things that I could point out that he wouldn't know, because I could say, Hey, the crowd really got into it when Illinois cut it to three.
Speaker 3: That's right, you weren't there. You want those insights?
Speaker 2: You couldn't hear it? How would you know? You already you already been there. Let's go to Philip what's up Philip.
Speaker 5: Hey question, would you rather know a reporter has a bias or not? Because that's kind of the point. We want clarity on these things. So it's better to just know somebody's bias rather than them hiding it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe in one transparency. So if you have a bias, that's fine, and I'll read your work. If you're a writer, I will read your article knowing that there is a built in bias for a particular team. But don't But don't try to act like you don't care when you write an article. No, if you're Jerry Tifton and you say, I really don't care. And I believe Jerry Tipton when he would say, you know, I really I didn't care if they want or not.
Speaker 1: I just wanted a good story. I believe that coming from home.
Speaker 2: But if you're a fan and you have a radio show and you're pro Kentucky, you can't act like you don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, let me give you an example like Kaywood Ledford let's go back in the day, was always cheering for the Cats to win, rooting for the Cats to win at Heart, but never said we on the radio. You listen to a lot of radio calls. Nowaday you'll hear we we we all the way. You know, I think that was good now to a degree. Are they paid by the university, Yes, I mean they are with the you know, the athletics, and that is that is their job. But there again, back in the day, there was a point that you weren't a part of the actual team. You were the broadcast. You're relaying what was happening in real time to the listener in the best way possible. Now I happen to agree with the listener. I would rather know the biases of a reporter. And that goes back to what I was shaying, saying that the entire landscape has changed. You go to a website because you want to hear more of what you want to hear, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean it's the Homer broadcast. They even have that dinner in I don't know if they still do that, like the Homer broadcast during the was it the Final Four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like even the national championship game. In college football, you'll get the option you can hear the game of the Ohio State announcers calling the game, and look, they have every right to say we, but a guy like Kwood Ledford didn't. And that was just it was a different time, it was a different standard. People looked at it differently.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: Kay?
Speaker 1: We never said we, Like, how many KWO games did you listen to?
Speaker 3: I had this conversation with a media member that was around during the Kywood Leadford era, and they loved me that stat never, so I decided to relay it now. I say we all the time. I'm not even talking about like even me and a team. I just say the royal we. Because I've watched the big Lebowski team.
Speaker 2: I know you always say we, and I always ask you do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Speaker 3: Let's go to go there in your garage? Let's go to Gork. What's up Gork? Hey?
Speaker 7: I gotta I gotta ask. Does this mean that there's a new exchange of cash at OVW or does this makes some kind of you know, does this make some kind of all already a rivalry or do they just combine man talent and become you know, super cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, double cash. That's a great question. You know cash Daniel, I believe spells it with a K and cash flow.
Speaker 1: Yes, what to see?
Speaker 2: But you know, cash Flow this kind of off being a movie star. You know, he just got He's like a recurring character now in Tulsa King for what does it? Season three I think is coming up. So that's the thing about uh cash Flow. He may not even be around, so there may be a new cash in town.
Speaker 1: I can see the battle of the cases.
Speaker 7: And and I think I granted it's probably amplified an a bit, but I think that his natural attitude and persona is so much in character with ovw and and wrestling that that it's it's only an amplification of this of his own actual he actually is.
Speaker 2: And those who are the those who are the best at being a professional wrestler, it's their personality just amped up to ten. That's the only difference. Appreciate the call of Gork. Yeah, that's that should be interesting.
Speaker 1: I didn't think.
Speaker 2: About cash versus cash. That's a that's a good marketing opportunity right there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we've got to make that happen. One I'm happy for cash Flow. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, him becoming this celebrity and all. But I'm I'm really excited for cash Daniel and you know, he's spent a little time on the radio. So Shannon, theoretically you're not the only one spent on the radio. It made up this title radio. You're saying he's in like the radio division. I think he could be. He could challenge for your your made up title. Do you think about it?
Speaker 2: First of all, it's not made up. I mean you call it a made up title. It's it's the same as any other title it was. It was created, not made up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't have active challengers. I mean you speedo.
Speaker 2: I beat everybody into retirement. I mean like Vanetti, I retired him. I retired.
Speaker 3: It was elder abuse. I mean that was a borderline already back then you were in your young thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, that was his choice to step in the ring with the champ. It's on him.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: We'll get back to your calls in just a minute. Less pro wrestling talk, more Kentucky talk. I gotta get your rolling on a couple of other things, Billy, and we'll get to that in just a minute. Eight nine twenty two eighty seven will be right back. It is the show before the show. The KSR pre show final segment of the KSR pre show eight five nine two oh twenty two eighty seven. Before we go back to the phone lines, let me tell you about the book I Am Hope. You know, addiction is hit Kentucky harder than anywhere, but there is hope. It's I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Attic by Stephen Hope, who is a Kentucky in a WK you graduate, and he shares what it's like growing up as a kid in a house full of folks who are dealing with substance abuse. And if you're in a similar situation, or maybe you yourself dealt with substance abuse. He wants to help with this book, share what his experience was like, help you prepare for what's ahead, and how he felt in certain moments and what enabled him to keep going.
Speaker 1: You want you to know that you're not alone.
Speaker 2: It's a great book that you should check out I Am Hope, and you can do that on Apple and on Amazon. There's also an audio book that has bonus material as well. I Am Hope, and please check that out if you would, all right, eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven, back to the phones in just a minute before we do though, let's talk a little bit about Kentucky and Tennessee tomorrow night. You know, if there's one wild card off the bench, that could be the guy that Kentucky is going to lean on. I've seen some people say maybe it's Ansley Amanor, And if you look at the numbers, he was the guy who is probably other than Oway, the most consistent in the previous two meetings. He had twelve and one game thirteen in the other. So do you think that maybe Ansley Amanor is going to play a key role in this game tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: You know, he hasn't been playing a ton of minutes, but he did contribute in the few that he had in the last game versus Illinois. You know, I think the key for Kentucky is to shoot a good percentage in this game. You know, in those two games, Kentucky, I believe, shot around fifty percent from the field, and that's a very good number one. And pair it with Tennessee missing all of those threes and having poor shooting nights both nights, then I think Kentucky's got to be efficient. And if Ansley's gonna go out there and hits those corner threes, then absolutely he could be the wild card, the difference maker here. I go back to in those two Tennessee games earlier this year, Colin Chandler wasn't playing the way that he's playing now. So it's gonna have to be some good performances by some bench players, and then not only that, you're going to have to get your typical Kobe Braya game, I think, and these guys are gonna not have to back down, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like Colin's always been really you know this year, I say always, but you know, the games we've seen them in Who's always been who? Colin Chandler has always again, a reliable defender, but I feel like he's sort of found his own offensively in the last few games as well. So he's a guy that not only can go out there and defend, but knock down some threes as well.
Speaker 3: So well, like you know, like a like a haircut, you kind of grow into it as the days and weeks go on. It looks a little better and better, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, people take photos of you at your worst and then post them online, and you know.
Speaker 2: It happens to the best of us. Let's pick some of the games tonight. Do you see any upsets tonight? Four games in the Sweet sixteen starts with BYU Alabama Bama the two ooh you the six Any chance the BYU shocks Alabama tonight.
Speaker 3: I'd love for that to happen. I mean, BYU plays a fun style of ball, but I think it's inevitable. Nate oats Alabama. They're They're a tough team to out this year, so I think Alabama does get it done.
Speaker 2: I agree with you on Alabama. I've got him in my championship game. They need to win because two of my final four are bracket's already busted. Dude, I already busted the crab five Maryland taking on Florida tonight. Florida, of course, the other one seed. Any chance Maryland knocks off Florida, you know, I hope Maryland keeps it close.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, but I think Florida is the team to beat in this tournament. So I got them winning a championship. In my brack, I.
Speaker 2: Got Florida as well. Duke and Arizona. Any chance the Duke gets knocked off, I think there's a chance here tonight, I'm saying that maybe Arizona pulls off the upset. I'm picking Arizona or a nine and a half point dog boy. I bet you they cover nine and a half. I may have to sprinkle a little bit on that. I don't think it's the best matchup for Duke, but I don't think I can take Arizona outright. I'd pick Arizona to cover, but Duke to win the game. Arkansas Texas Tech is the late game. I can't pick Caw to go to the Elite eight. I can't. I mean, I got to pick.
Speaker 3: A Due's back, a dues back Shannon. Maybe that makes it harder for cal because now he has to deside how many minutes he's gonna play each guy. Yeah, more so than having a tight rotation and just throwing him out there.
Speaker 1: He'll screw it up one way or another. Uh, Texas Tech five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm going Tech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mixas Tech, give me Texas Techas.
Speaker 3: I'm going Chocolate. It's it's chalky tournament. But you know what, usually the better teams make it to the final four in the end.
Speaker 2: All right, now, speaking of picking games, I've got to get your ruling on this ruling a fan has picked the women's bracket to this point. Okay, perfectly, it's pretty impressive, right, It's more than impressive, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so far.
Speaker 2: The problem is the person who filled out this bracket forgot to pick a champion in their bracket. So the question is, Billy, person's got a perfect bracket. Do you allow this person to pick a winner in the championship. You know we're not to the championship yet, but do you allow this person with the perfect bracket to fill in that last?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not? Are you kidding me? What universe do we live in? Where do you think you can watch half of the tournament and then to see and decide how teams are playing and then decide your champion. No, you got to lock it in when we submit our bracket, Shanning. You don't get to redo the final question on the test after you figure out you've gotten all of the answers right now.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see what your take would be, So you're with me. I'm one hundred percent with you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: The rules are the rules. Yeah, this is not nom There are rules here. Okay, you can pay Walter, Yeah, you got to You got to follow the rules like everybody else. Everybody knows the rules. You got to have the bracket filled out completely before the very first game tips off.
Speaker 1: Those are the rules. Those have always been the rules.
Speaker 2: So if this person picks the perfect bracket and doesn't forgot to pick the champion, sorry about you. I mean, maybe go throw some money on the championship game on DraftKings, but you're not gonna win the bracket. Or you probably will win the bracket, but you're not gonna win. You know, the perfect bracket money Warren buffet, it's given out. Maybe an invalid bracket, Yeah, finish. I think the bracket should be disqualified. Yeah zero, don't even give up incomplete exactly, It's exactly right there.
Speaker 3: You got everything right besides the last right you forgot to fill up. We needed it in full.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad we got that rolling all right.
Speaker 2: DraftKings Sportsbook promo code ksr bet five get two hundred bonus bets with the same game parlay as live betting player props, and so much more fast and easy payouts With Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 1: The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only eligibody restrictions to apply. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash audio. All right, Billy, that's it for the pre show. KSR is up next. Go put some product in your hair.
Speaker 3: Will you, Thanks buddy, Go get some palmade or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll hope you out. I'll give you some some stuff to put in there and you.
Speaker 1: Can spike it.
Speaker 3: I know you don't have anything.
Speaker 2: KSR is up next. We'll talk to you tomorrow. This has been the case. I appreciate
Speaker 6: H