Speaker 1: Hey, you found us.
Speaker 2: It's working Jeffrey in the morning and our Second Date podcast. Not like is that hard to find these days since we're charting on the top comedy charts every week on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Yeahre welcome, Yeah, every night and I just stream it on five thousand different laptops.
Speaker 1: You're the one that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, guys, but I'm tired of those ratings.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, thanks for being Aaron. Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We do have forty five more minutes of this painful show if you can endure it over on our main feed. Just go to Brook and Jeffrey for that one. But right now, let's get to what you came forward. That's a second date.
Speaker 4: Yes, second Date, up date. Occasionally we have return listeners friends of the show who come back multiple times to this segment for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: I call them people that like punishment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they'll sometimes get nicknames like Matt Many or Rufer. Haven't heard from either of those guys in a while, though, so hopefully they both found love and Rufer isn't like living in a religious compound in the woods or something.
Speaker 1: I can't both be true.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey, Oh yeah, maybe that's what he wants. That's fair, that's true. A lot of romance there. The thing is, it's rare for us to have a woman come back to the show after we failed to get her a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because usually the smarter one.
Speaker 4: Women learn their lessons much much quicker than we do. But today is different because we have the return of someone I'm nicknaming Miss Crustworthy, Julia the pie lead. Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 1: The pie woman, who remember? And then she did the cakes on the date. First she tried all the pies and then she was doing the cakes and it was all about piastrians.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll try and explain it less frantically than book did. She took a dude to some random house to eat homemade pies. There it which is a house with.
Speaker 1: And they sat in the car and they ate the whole pie.
Speaker 2: And then he was upset because he realized that she had taken somebody on a cake date and done the same.
Speaker 4: Thing with it. We don't have to recap the whole thing. We get she's the pilot. I'm upset for a Miss crust Worthy.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to pastries, this woman.
Speaker 4: So that ended up not working out, But now she's back on the line again with a new guy who is.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Miss Crustworthy hy Butterworth.
Speaker 2: I have to know before anything, was there a theme to this date?
Speaker 5: No, I mean there was going to be.
Speaker 4: But so it's been a few months since we last talked to you. What's happened in that time?
Speaker 5: I've been dating around. I found this wonderful guy. His name is Ben Okay, and it's been going.
Speaker 6: So well so far, and it's been got it, yeah, tends to find it but sure, Okay, So what's been like?
Speaker 5: He's great, he's really funny, and we went to some happy hours. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: You and on multiple dates have been Does he like Pie?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And he's been invited me out with his friends.
Speaker 4: Well, we asked a very important question, is he into Pie?
Speaker 1: That's the old her? He is?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's still her.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: But that's crazy. He brought you out to meet all his friends and stuff. Already it sounds like things were going like how many dates?
Speaker 5: Hasn't been spend? Two dates?
Speaker 7: Too?
Speaker 5: Happy hours?
Speaker 4: Too happy hours?
Speaker 2: Quick to bring the friends in. But I guess it's happy hours, so maybe everybody's there, you know, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be stuck like facing each other.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was taking pictures and like, I feel like if you're taking pictures, that means it's serious pictures of what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like are we talking clothes on or close off.
Speaker 8: Or like no, like with his friends.
Speaker 1: With his friends? Wait, you with his friends?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was me and a couple of his guy friends.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a big deal.
Speaker 6: Actually is.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I've ever had a girl go take.
Speaker 1: A group photo not being it like you're gonna put everybody.
Speaker 4: In the absolutely exclude people.
Speaker 2: From I'm with Jeff actually on that one. I think you can totally say, all right, guys, photo, can you.
Speaker 1: Take this for us?
Speaker 8: You are they?
Speaker 4: No? We totally we're like good friends only best friends now number one friend.
Speaker 2: I think a guy taking a photo period is that's a good point their friends anyways?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then next morning he's like snapping me from the airport.
Speaker 1: Oh did you did you know? He was flying out? No going? But that's a good sign, like he's continuing this communication.
Speaker 5: It's awesome, I guess so, But like, why wouldn't you tell me we only.
Speaker 2: Went on two dates? It's not like you're gonna know happy hours. I still mention it, like, by the way I'm flying, maybe he's having so much fun asking her questions, getting.
Speaker 4: To know where did you find out where he was going the Caribbean?
Speaker 1: And yeah, here two days I know.
Speaker 5: And so he's like snapping me on the beach and it's beautiful. And then later that day after that, he stops on communication, Like and now I've been texting him and sending him pictures or whatever, and he's not answering me. It's been two weeks.
Speaker 2: Two weeks week he got busy on his vation. I was going to say, yeah, he was on a beach on the phone, very dangerous place for you to be a lot of water, Say, who knows, I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking up shark attacks in the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: I hate to think this way, but I'm thinking that maybe he met someone on this trip and then he's like not texting or he I mean, like you just said, did he get eaten by a shark?
Speaker 1: We actually call him and he's in the sharks.
Speaker 5: I'm just confused. It's like if it's not that, I'm really confused because I don't normally click with people like that. Uh huh, And I feel like he felt the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's giving you all the right signs.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you have every reason and to get an explanation from him.
Speaker 4: You were returning the equal amount of like snaps back to him. Right, it wasn't all one sided.
Speaker 7: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: It was half and half.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is odd, I trust girl. It's miss Crustworthy Brook. Let's say the name right. We're gonna We're gonna do right by Miss Crustworthy when we call worthy.
Speaker 2: So that name makes her sound so old.
Speaker 4: Miss Crustworthy. Laugh if you like it, Oh god, laugh, I'm taking it. We're gonna come back. We're gonna call this guy Ben and figure out what's his deal. Why isn't he getting back to you after two whole weeks?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Like help me reach out to him?
Speaker 4: All right, Let's see if he picks up when we do your second date update right after this hold on second Date update. We have our theories for why Ben is in calling back our listener Juliet after he went to the Caribbean two weeks ago. Theory number one, baby shark in his shark family had a little Ben flavored feast right off the coast.
Speaker 3: So I should not last because we know it's likely not a shark guy.
Speaker 4: That's my number one. Theory number two, remember one Ben dropped his phone in the ocean after too many breakfast Marguerite or theory number three. The one Julia is most worried about is Ben met another woman while on one of the islands there.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you just say, like, I'm so sorry. I know we went on a couple of dates. I've met someone it was fun.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 1: It feels bad for Julia to root for shark in this one.
Speaker 4: I think we're all praying for because nobody wants number three.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, Julia, I definitely don't want to be rooting for sharks, but I kind of am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say getting eaten by a shark is like the coolest.
Speaker 1: We maybe took his phone and.
Speaker 4: Text back, yeah it is rude built in or he doesn't need Let's at least dial Ben's phone and see if somebody, a water creature or Ben himself picks up. We're gonna get to the bottom, We're gonna find out. Here we go, and we just dropped another five podcast, but we went Okay, here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a man.
Speaker 4: Is this Ben?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who's this? We're Uh we're a radio show. Hi, good morning. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Uh huh looking for recommendations on the Caribbean. No, anybody that was smooth.
Speaker 3: He's still confused.
Speaker 8: What is it like, did I win like a concert or something?
Speaker 4: No, we haven't done something like that in a long time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We're we're doing a segment here called a second Date Update where we're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you because you two hung out a while ago and apparently had a really good time together. Her name is Julia. Oh uh, remember you guys went to like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, no, I know, I know.
Speaker 6: No, okay, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently you guys went to a couple of happy hours and yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, we had a we had a really good time. I've just been out of town, so I.
Speaker 1: Still Caribbean, right, Yeah? She said you were snapping her, so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, yeah, no, I've been in the Caribbean, but I'm back.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna say hard to leave.
Speaker 1: I bet I'm not busy trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder you don't sound very relaxed right now, So that's okay, makes sense.
Speaker 2: Why are you getting back to her, that's just you know, it sounds like you kind of dropped off.
Speaker 8: No, I'm gonna I'm gonna reach out to her. I've just you know, it's just been crazy, Like my life has just been crazy, like.
Speaker 3: The beaded dreads on the beach, and I like kind of like embarrassed, and she's gonna see him look really cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah that's it. Yeah, I have corn rows.
Speaker 2: Now, now, what's been so crazy?
Speaker 8: Well, I just you know, like I've just been busy traveling to and from and like it's been really busy. I just like, yeah, everything just you.
Speaker 6: Know, Julia.
Speaker 4: Julia mentioned that you had a lot going on in your life even when you two were hanging out, that you had to like squeeze in happy hour stuff. But it sounds like you're saying you are still interested. Yeah. Well that's good because she like when we talked to her, she was worried that it was just like a one or two night thing.
Speaker 2: But I have a hot tip if you're interested in a girl, maybe text her, yeah within two weeks, since.
Speaker 1: She's gonna fall off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, You're right, I should have please you. You guys have a contact or whatever, right, or she got in contact with you. You just tell her that I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Tell her honestly, you can do this.
Speaker 7: I thought you met somebody else, because like two weeks is a long talent.
Speaker 4: So we didn't tell you that Julia has been listening to this conversation. So yeah, there you go. You can say sorry yourself directly to her.
Speaker 8: Oh hey, hi, all right, Uh I don't I'm sorry. I don't really, I don't know what to say this little I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, did you meet somebody?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't meet anyone new. I'm just I've just been like busy, you know.
Speaker 7: It's just good to hear you from I'm just like it's been way too long I haven't heard from you, and I'm just like so relieved now because like I felt like this instant chemistry and I don't normally feel that with everyone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I mean I genuinely don't either. I'm just like, I know everybody always says this, but like I've just been caught up and it's not so busy and distracted, but like I absolute like I do want to hang out.
Speaker 4: Well, this is this is awesome, like, this is this is way easier than these normally go because we will actually pay for your guys's next date if you both officially give us the yes.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, I'm totally excited. Awesome, But just quick, what I Julia like, I am technically married, So I just I hope that's whatever?
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 8: Did you say married when yeah, I'm technically married.
Speaker 1: What is technically mean? You're either married or you're not married?
Speaker 4: I'm just what you gotta wait? You got to explain to us crazy honeymoon? Did you get married there?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no, nothing crazy like that. It was our like five year anniversary.
Speaker 2: Hold up, are you in like an open relationship? Does your wife know this stuff?
Speaker 8: Well not, I mean not technically no, Like I don't know. Everybody's doing this nowadays.
Speaker 1: No, that's cheating. That's cheating. You're doing is cheating.
Speaker 4: Bro, did you not hear everybody is doing this now? He's one of the cool marriage photos of her with his friends. Yeah, we heard that. Then you and your friends got together and you were taking pictures with Julie.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do that, yeah, but then you would just claim that.
Speaker 2: It's your buddy's wife or girlfriend or whatever, because it's he wasn't in the picture with her.
Speaker 8: My wife doesn't know.
Speaker 1: I was like totally angry right now.
Speaker 5: I mean, then I can't believe you different to me. You just told me this right away.
Speaker 8: Well, I know, it's just like kind of an uncomfortable thing to bring.
Speaker 5: Up front, but your right away.
Speaker 4: It's a fair a couple of things to bring up front.
Speaker 8: They can laugh while they want, but like the weird thing to bring up, and so it's better to do it a little down the road, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does soften the blow just a little.
Speaker 7: Bit terrible And this is not going to work.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on, hold on, how about we just go out once and then you decide after no, you can't.
Speaker 1: You you have to tell his wife. You have to out, you have to let her know. You got to find her. Sho'll listen to this.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, no, that's already happened. It's fine, Like it's happened a couple of times where like girls will contact her or whatever. She always believes me because it's fine.
Speaker 1: That is the grossest response.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a woman that's willing to believe whatever her man says, and that's something that's rare in this world.
Speaker 5: Ye, not rare.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it was a good thing. I'm just saying it's rare.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I have seen things like this where people just don't care ros do it openly.
Speaker 4: According to Ben, a lot of married couples are doing this and it's the new norm.
Speaker 3: But not do we feel bad, Jeff, because like we're involved now, Like I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Say solicit cheating.
Speaker 1: We're not. We're not asking them to go on a date now that we know he's.
Speaker 4: We already asked, and they already both said.
Speaker 1: Yes, take backs job.
Speaker 2: We're not giving you a gift card, Ben, you deserve a gift card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're giving it to your wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's going to take him to dinner.
Speaker 8: Guys, are.
Speaker 4: He's gonna feel guilty the whole time? Poor Julia, Julia, you doing okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: I just gotta keep dating.
Speaker 3: This is an easy answer, right, Like he's married is a very thing to walk away from.
Speaker 1: Can you believe?
Speaker 2: Now you have to ask dudes before you go on a date with him if they're married, Like what a ridiculous question.
Speaker 3: You have to ask do you have a girlfriend, and then have a follow up do you also.
Speaker 1: Have a wife?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Guys, they're not going to tell you the first time.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's fair, that's good advice. Actually, yes, Ben sucks. Ben, Ben, I gotta say you are the most upstanding sucky person that we've ever hand on the show. He gave some good advice. Don't believe men advice. I hope no one learned anything. I certainly didn't. Looking Jeffrey in the morning, Okay, Wow, big emotional response in the studio from that one, for sure.
Speaker 1: How did you not have an emotional response to that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: The guy kept insisting it's more normal now for married people to date outside of their relationships.
Speaker 6: So what a cheater?
Speaker 1: Says jeff His wife doesn't even know that he's doing it, like it's yeah, sure different if they had an agreement or something.
Speaker 4: I have to look it up though, to see if he was right. And according to a twenty twenty three study, marriage infidelity rates are on the rise, okay, and the percentage of married people who cheat right now is somewhere between seventy one percent and eleven percent and eleven Jeff science has to leave a little bit of margin of air there.
Speaker 1: But he's the dumbest study, really good website.
Speaker 2: We don't know even if the science came back and prove it, that means he was doing the right.
Speaker 4: Thing, or that he's just part of the status quo. The thing is, we do know. Each person who answered yes, they are cheating said it's cool. Everybody's doing it. Yeah, it's the new nineteen eighties marijuana. It's cool, man, everybody's doing it.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: So at the end, I guess he's still a bad guy. But I guess I don't want to offend seventy one to eleven percent of the population. Bro, I'm not sure where people lie. Some cheatering just texted in, Oh great, we lost the cheating demo, darning. I am an upstanding cheating but text in to seven eighty five nine to two, tell us what you thought about the second date updated.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 4: And if you need help with your dating life, married or single, we'll try and help you out. We'll call that person hopefully single. We'll call that person who's not calling you back