Speaker 1: This is Suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm Kin Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared han An.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio podcast. What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Suckers. Unfortunately, if you're tuning in to hear the most angelic voice that exists on this planet, you're not gonna hear it because Kaitlin is not here with us today. But you have two other cute, little cherubic voices, Jared and myself. How did you describe cute little cherubic? I don't know. I was thinking, like, angelic cherubs are like the little fat babies from like Roman Gothic paintings back in the you know, a long time ago. I very you're very smart. Nope, nope, I guarantee you I'm misusing it. I don't even think it's a word. I don't even think they probably could talk. So in fact, I'm the exact opposite of that. I'm just a bullshit.
Speaker 2: The one that would correct us is not here today. She usually corrects us. Put everything's in you know, she puts everything in context for us. She's really the backbone of this podcast at this point.
Speaker 1: She truly is. She She's funny, because she doesn't. She'll correct us without knowing the answer, and so it's like, well, are you sure about that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean if it's coming from Kalen, though, I just assume it's correct.
Speaker 1: How are you, Jared? I'm good ready, it's a guy's podcast. You know what that means. Oh, we're talking about a lot of poop stuff today.
Speaker 2: Obviously I also cracked open and can I wanted to make it sound like a beer, but it's.
Speaker 1: A nice that's actually funny. I was gonna maybe drink a beer on this podcast, and then I was like, it's ten am. That's insane.
Speaker 2: So I just not too And plus you're you have a tea time. You don't want to get too drunk. Do you drink on the golf course?
Speaker 1: Like half the time I do, not a lot. I'll have like two or three beers, four beers, maybe like five beers.
Speaker 2: Do you think it affects your game? Like sometimes I get nervous of having a drink because I'm like, I'm already not good and I don't want to be in nimborate and neighbor inebriated to the point where like it's affecting my shot. Even if it's only one drink. Like, mentally, I just think it messes with me.
Speaker 1: I think for me personally, it makes me better, It makes me loose, makes me a little less inhibited. I can just swing free and go for it. But then there is like a sweet spot between like two and four beers is the sweet spot. And then if you get like drunk, then you get well for me at least, then I get really bad and bad ye have to kind of avoid that. But like what a couple drinks, I think takes the edge off, which is nice. But yeah, I do have a tea time today. I I you know, Calen has I think what Caylen really does for this podcast really well if she puts into perspective how boring our conversations are when she's not here. We're talking about football or Tom Cruise or golf, and at the end of the day, like I don't really think people care enough about it to listen to us talk about it.
Speaker 2: But I think it's interesting when we relate our passions back to our relationships, you know, Like so next week, Brady, obviously we're gonna talk about Brady for a second. Two guys on a podcast, So Brady is the Patriots are inducting Tom Brady into the Patriots Hall of Fame. It's supposed to be about five years afterwards or something like that. They're obviously just nixing that and inducting him next week on June twelfth, of course twelve. So I'm going, oh, that's great. And then Ashley's gonna come with me, and so we're going to be there. So I think that is interesting when we talk about like the things that we love so much and we relate it back to our relationships. Because because of my love for Brady, she has become in love with Tom Brady as well. So I'm assuming it's similar with you. I guess the thing you're in love with most is golf.
Speaker 1: Though he hates golf. She hates golf, and I can't blame her for that.
Speaker 2: But she's an athlete. She plays tennis. I'm surprised she hasn't, like, really tried to get good at golf.
Speaker 1: She she's got a real affinity for getting good at the things that she cares about, and if she doesn't care about it, she doesn't care to good at it, which is kind of standard for most people. I feel like, but she's got a quick learning curve, so she can learn something quickly. But golf. The thing that she doesn't like about golf is just that it takes a lot of time. Like, for instance, I'm like, you work out every single day and I don't golf every single day, And she's like, yeah, well, my workouts are an hour to an hour and a half and golf is four hours to five or six hours, depending on how it goes, And so she just gets a little frustrated with the timing of it all.
Speaker 2: I guess, And there's no way you'd play nine holes, oh no, nod, disgusting it. So you'd past that point because nine holes. See, I think nine holes to me is eighteen to you, So you're a nine hole fan, not a fan. I'd rather play eighteen, but I'm fine playing nine as well. It's too quick, I would agree, But if I was going, if I was, if I were you and I was trying to get Kaylin into golf, I would suck it up and start playing nine holes, because then she's done in an hour and forty five two hours. Yeah, and it's like she almost wants to play more. You're leaving her wanting more dude eighteen for her, she's she's gonna.
Speaker 1: Leave by hole twelve and never come back. We went golfing a couple of weeks ago. I think we talked about it in the podcast, but by like the third hole, she was like, so we're almost done, right, Like, no, there's still and we were only playing nine. I was like, there's six more holes. It's about it's going to be like a nine hour and a half. I think with with your kid, with Dawson, if you want to get him into golf, or if you're interested in getting him in a golf that's definitely the right. If I want to get yeah, right, as you should. That's the approach I think you should say, is like play even like two holes or three holes and then yeah, and then leave. And then once he starts appreciating a little bit more, then I'll be like, oh my gosh, I can't wait to go back and play more holes next time kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's getting to the point now. It's this morning we were playing catch. I bought him a little baseball glove with a foam ball, so he loves throwing that. He loves trying to put the glove on. He still doesn't really get the concept of it because he keeps he throws with his right, but then he tries to put the glove on the right hand as well, and I'm like, bro, no, I know it's weird, but you catch with your left and you throw with your right. So he's getting more of that concept. Like he sees me with the glove on, so he wants the glove on and that's awesome. So now it's I'm becoming more interactive with him. I guess that's why I dude, it sounds terrible. I sound like the worst father in the world with what I'm about to say it. But I guess that's why I'm dreading the second a little bit because I'm like, oh, this case is going to be a blob for the next three years before I can start enjoying his company, which of course is not the case. I you know, cuddles are great and little bit I was looking at pictures of Dawson from a year and year and a half ago and you're like, oh, like, I do forget how cute they are. And then especially the first couple of months. Dude, that baby probably like the first five or six months, that thing like two things.
Speaker 1: One, I'm all over the place.
Speaker 2: Secondly, we still don't have a name, which is why I keep legitimately when I keep calling him it or just referring to him as him. No idea what the name is going to be? Swear still no idea.
Speaker 1: And Dawson, you had the name pre planned, right.
Speaker 2: So Dawson. Ashley has always wanted to name her first kid Dawson. I said, I liked it for a boy, and so when we found out he was a boy, it was Dawson. Done deal this one. We have no plan. There was there was a name. I don't even want to say it, just in case it is the name. But there was a name that Ashley, her entire family was down with. It's a family name. And then I wasn't so keen on it. And then recently I've changed my tune because I don't have a name that I'm in love with. So I'm like, I will love our son no matter what his name is, and I like the name enough, where of course you know we should instead of compromising on a name that we're both okay with, I'd rather have her love the name and me like it, rather than both of us compromising on a name that we're both like, yeah, this is good enough. So then I was like, cool, I'm down with this name. Let's let's move forward with it. And then after I did that, Ashley started doing a one eighty and she was like, well, now I'm not so sure if I'm sold on that name, and I'm like, okay, but you were, and now you're not, And so I don't know what the name is going to be. Still could be that name. I feel like that is the leader in the clubhouse. But now I feel weird naming our child that if she's not completely sold, because I've already made it know that I'm not completely sold.
Speaker 1: I like the name.
Speaker 2: I don't love the name. I thought she loved it. Maybe she doesn't anymore. So I don't know what the name is going to be. And then I feel like every name I throw out, she's just like eh.
Speaker 1: I feel like you need to at least be receptive to ideas, right if you're kind of in the place where you don't have one fully like locked in names are really hard because I mean, obviously, at the end of day, they're going to be called that for the rest of their lives, and you're gonna be calling them that for the rest of their lives, and like, you know, I do think that there is a correlation between your name and like the amount of success you can have in life at the end of the day. You know, like a lot of these crazy unique names that we're seeing nowadays. Like I mean, I guess I don't really know any off the top of my head, but like the crazy names, I'm like, you're not really knowing your child of that, honestly, is what first came to mind is North. But North isn't that bad. I don't think you are kind of putting them in a bind for later on, like when they're applying for jobs and everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something tells me any of the Kardashian kids won't be applying for jobs all that much.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point. That's a very good point. Maddie, our producer just texted us in the group chat and said that some TikToker just named her child Slim Easy, and it's like, what do you. I mean, you know, good for you, maybe it's a family name, who knows, but like Slim Easy, Yeah, you're just not really doing that kid. Very many favors and I don't know. I don't know. I'm a big advocate of just like kind of keeping it simple. We were I was talking to Kaylen about this other day too, because I, you know, we've talked about this many times. I have our kids names picked out. Kaylen gets to pick the middle name. She came up with, like, if we have a girl, Debbie, she wants Debbie's middle name to be like Chloe or something like that. So Debbie Chloe Bell and it's kind of cute. And I was like, but the two e's like Debbie and Chloe, And it wasn't Chloe. It was something like that. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it's like, I just don't know if I like that. And she said that's the best part. They both end in the same sound. I was like, yeah, I guess you're right. And middle names are obviously way less important than a first name. But it's a it's a big I don't want to call it a burden, but it's like definitely a big decision to make, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like who they are, Like Dawson is now Dawson.
Speaker 1: He is just Dawson, right, And I'm and I'm already imagining Dawson being an older person, and I can already see he's gonna be a freaking rico, suave, like coolest kid in school because his name is cool.
Speaker 2: You know, his name is cool and he's cool, and it's like, damn, bro, Like his name is Dawson, which is a cool name, and he came out with blonde hair and blue eyes, and he loves sports and he looks like he's a big kid. And every time he goes to the playground, like it just feels like other kids are like kind of just go towards him. I'm like, bro, but is he cool because he's cool?
Speaker 1: Or is he cool because his name is Dawson and being at Dawson has made him cooler.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg, you know what I mean? Like, that's that's the question. What if we name our what if his name was Steve? Nothing wrong with Steve. I like Stephen listeners out there, but like Steve, Steve, Steve the Pirate.
Speaker 1: You should do like a social experiment. Your next kid should be named something crazy, like like oh gosh, I can't think I'm not very creative.
Speaker 2: Like like Needle, Yes, exactly like that in mind.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're more creative than I am. Do something really strange and then just like see how they grew up to be different just because their names are different.
Speaker 2: Needle, I don't mind that. You ever seen that episode of SEINFELERW where Gorge wants to name his kid seven?
Speaker 1: Love it? I love it?
Speaker 2: Oh, great one? And then the other people end up stealing it because they're like, we like the name seven, And he's like, what about Soda? Like SODA's a terrible name. He's like, everybody loves soda. Anyway, we don't talk about Seifelt. But yeah, so that's the conundrum right now. Don't really have a name for the second kid, but yeah, I don't know. I guess we'll figure it out. You know what name they did?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 2: I liked as well, But it can't be that name because of my last name.
Speaker 1: Hayden, Hayden hat, Hayden Haven. I like actually a lot, I really do like that a lot. You like Hayden Haben. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. We liked Hayden because we were thinking of Anakin, Anakin Skywalker like that. I'm not going to name our kid Anakin and then we're like, oh, Hayden Christiansen. I like the name Hayden, and then Asher, and then Asher was like Hayden Haben. That can't happen. It's like, yeah, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: You could name him like his middle name Adam. So it's like ha h a.
Speaker 2: H ha ha or how do you spell huh?
Speaker 1: Like huh is that huh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So we just need a middle name to start with you. Yeah, yeah, Hayden, Ungler, Haven, Huh.
Speaker 1: How many you names are out there? Not a lot. I don't think. Are you gonna wait until the baby is born then and then make a decision there?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm assuming that we're going to go into the hospital with the game plan, but we are on the for a golf reference, I feel like we're on the seventeenth hole right now. Time is running.
Speaker 1: Out, you know, we're on the seventeenth hole right now.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a par four and I'm hitting five right now.
Speaker 1: But your score going in going into now, I'm not even on the green bro three under seven over thirteen over.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, if I finish it under one hundred, I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about you specifically. I'm talking about the situation with the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm referring to. If we make it for the eighteenth hole under one hundred with this kid, I'll be all right, I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Nice. Anytime you break double digits, that's a good day. Anytime you're on the golf course, and in this case, anytime you're having a baby, still a great day.
Speaker 2: Still a great day. I was thinking about that because we were talking yesterday. One of Ashley's friends was that, like everything in terms of trauma or emotion, like you can always just go back to your childhood and like the relationships that you had with your parents, and I don't know, man, being a parent, I think that we put it's gonna make me sound like a horrible person, way too much emphasis on.
Speaker 1: Like the.
Speaker 2: This gonna sound so weird the child parents relationship. But like my point being is that I feel like everybody blames like your childhood trauma quote unquote, Like there are people who are like, oh my my mom was too smothering and too she loved me too much, she never let me explore things. But then you know, my dad didn't love me enough and he didn't show me enough. And it's like, okay, like it did you know, did you have a good childhood? Did you grow up with love? I think it's just also the time that we live in, Like we're not living in wartime. Knock on wood. Obviously, what's going on overseas is tragic, but in terms of the United States, no one's getting drafted. Because I was talking to a guy. I was talking to a guy about this, just about parenting. His name is Bobby, comes in all the time and he's this sweetest man. He's in his eighties, and he got drafted, you know, for I can't remember. Had to be Vietnam because I don't think there was a draft during the Korean War. I can't remember. But dude, I just think, like I don't know. I'm like, let's just all calm down. You know, life is a gift. We're all doing our best. You know. I love Dawson so much I spend I want to spend as much time with him as possible and show them the way. I just think it's like people act as if you know, relationships in life are you know, down to a science so to speak, where it's like, oh, this is exactly how you should be a parent, This is exactly how you should love your kids, This is exactly how much time you should spend with your kids, and so on and so forth. And it's just like complicated and convoluted and stressful because there's so many people that are so quickly to judge you whether you're too loving or not loving enough, or you smother them too much, or you don't show them enough attention, or you know they're on their the phone too much, or they're not reading enough or I don't know, like you're playing with them outside but then they fall and they're like, oh, well, why why did you Why were.
Speaker 1: You playing outside with them?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have been doing that, or like dude, Ashley and her mom, this is like three weeks ago. They were at the beach with Dawson. It was a hot day, but like they had the umbrella up and obviously Dawson didn't want to be under he was running around. They lathered them up with santane. Loosh, it wasn't that hot. It was probably in eighties, you know, the kids almost three. And then there was someone who like went up to Ashley. It was like I'm just concerned. I think your kid's boiling. And it's like, dude, get out of my face. He's covered in suntan lotion from head to toe. He's in shade half the time. We're going into the water, Like, dude, do a kid. But that's what I mean, like these freaking people anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, I do agree with kind of what you were saying earlier. I feel like a lot of people use their upbringing as a crutch to act poorly, like if I have, and I'm guilty of this too. Like let's say there's a certain characteristic of yourself that people maybe don't love or that you don't even like about yourself, and a lot of people nowadays are like, oh, well, just because like you were saying, like my dad left me at a young age, and some things are obviously more important than others.
Speaker 2: But like, of course there are very traumatic things. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't have to tell you about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like an oversmothering mother, Like my mother loved me too much when I was a kid, so now I have trust issues or something like that. I do think that people will do that quite often, and I'm guilty of it too. I kind of do this thing where I like to make people uncomfortable. So if someone says something, I'll be like, oh, yeah, well my mom died when I was a kid, so that's why I did that or something like that, and everyone is always I kind of like doesn't really know how to react. It's kind of a funny anecdotal thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough one, A tough one to react to that. Yeah, I don't know if I would say that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's especially interesting too because with today, it's like we're so much more informed than we were, you know, even thirty when we were kids, when we were twenty years ago, thirty years ago, whatever it is, especially even before that, and so it's like in a lot of good it helps a lot, like with diagnosises of like ADHD and autism, all those things that maybe we didn't have so much back then. But at the same time too, we might be like nearing crux with it where it's like we have we're over informed, or like we're overstimulated with a lot of these ideas, and so it like kind of just needs to like the beach with you. For instance, a kid just needs to be a kid, right and so maybe you stop like helicoptering other people's kids because they're kids. At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: It was just funny because when Ashley came I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I had to work.
Speaker 2: But when I got home she told me story and she was like, Jared, you would have flipped because this woman came up and was like, ah, I just I don't feel she said to the along the lines of like, I don't feel comfortable. I think you know your kid is just boiling right now, and they were like, he's fine, He's one hundred percent fine, And of course there are situations anyway. Point is, we're not a therapist. But it's interesting how I try not to let people's opinion bug me, and it really doesn't, but it sounds like it does because when I'm on the podcast, I don't. I just kind of like ramble and let things go that are on my mind. And that is on my mind in terms of parenting, because it does. There are times where I just feel like, you know, I'm never doing a good enough job because it just feels like there's always more to be done, and I'm hardly the only person going through it as a parent. I'm sure that There are a lot of people who go through that feeling where they just feel as if it's inadequate. You know, they're like, am I am I raising you know, the person that I want to raise? Am I not doing enough? Am I doing too much? Should I, you know, let them go off a little bit more? Should I show them more love?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just an imperfect science. And like it's tough too, because then when you hear like your friends or other adults who don't have kids. I think that's another big thing, the people that don't have kids who are like you know, oh, I just and who are incredible people, you know, with great lives and great jobs and doing well from themselves. But then you know, they talk about relationships or feelings or things like that, and they're always like, well, you know when I was a kid, and I'm like, yo, your parents were probably you know, I know your parents. You have great parents, they're the best, like my I don't know, I'm just sounded like an idiot. Now I'm just vent you're not your missus therapy to me. I don't know if I am.
Speaker 1: I also think part of that too, is like you're just a first time parent. Right now, and so like, obviously you're going to feel like you're maybe not doing everything, but you are at the end of the day, you're doing everything that you can be doing. But because it's your first time as a parent, it's like you you don't know what you're doing because you've never done it before, right, And so it's like you're going through it trying to do the best job you possibly can. Be a guarant you're doing a fantastic job, but it just feels like maybe you're not because you have no familiarity with it. And so then when when little Hayden Nungler is born, and you'll be like, oh, I remember this space when Dawson was in this and he was doing that and I did this. Maybe at this time, I'll do it a little bit differently because I've done it before and I know how to react now, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when little Huh is born, Yeah, it's an interesting time because right now, I mean our main focus is just to make him happy. I mean we're trying to teach him life lessons and teaching him how to you know, he can't read yet, but he he recognizes words, he can count a little bit. I don't know if he has any idea what the numbers mean, but I think he does because sometimes he'll be pointing at things at a book in big one two. Now he's kind of all over the place, but I think he's attempted to count. And then he repeats everything that we say, which is cool. He said he said good night dead that last night, like clear as day. He's like, good night dad that. I was like, hell, yeah, bro, So, I mean it was clear's day he said it. So that was cool.
Speaker 1: How long does a kid sleep in a crib for?
Speaker 2: So we are slowly adjusting him to his Batman bed. Nice, he has a Batman bed. It's awesome, like a like a batmobile shaped bed. Yes, so, and then it's for a twin mattress. And then the twin mattress goes in there. Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's from the nineteen eighty nine Batman too, so it's Michael Keyan's Batman Mobile, which is the best one. But so we're slowly you know, he'll take naps in there. He hasn't slept there overnight, but so I guess like pretty soon within the next six months, you know, before he turns three. I think we want him in that bed full time. The only scary part is is like the crib he can't get out of, but the bed he can get out of, So he has to be in a like I don't know. He can open doors too, so do we, like, I don't know. That's the scary part is that like he'll be able to get out of the bed and open the door. And it's like, you know, that's scary. But he's I guess, like before three, I don't really know. He's starting. He's getting potty trained right now, somewhat like we try to show him where the toilet is.
Speaker 1: We're trying.
Speaker 2: He's telling us now he's like poopy and he says potty. He says poop potty. So now he like he knows that, like, oh I have to poop, I have to go on the potty. He still his pants, but at least he's telling us that he needs to go on the potty. It's a step in the right direction. Baby sets here, Baby steps.
Speaker 3: Hey friends, I'm Jessica Capshaw and this is Camilla Luddington and we have a new podcast, call it What it Is. You may know us from Gracelawn Memorial. But did you know that we are actually besties in real life.
Speaker 4: And as all besties do, we navigate the highs and lows of life together. When one of us sends out the distress signal, the other one always answers the call, big or small. We are there and what does that look like?
Speaker 3: A thousand pep talks a million, I've got yous, some very urgent I'm coming.
Speaker 4: Overs laughter through tears, no judgment, problem solving over glasses of rose. Sometimes it takes tequila.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's face it, life can get even crazier than a season finale of Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 4: And now here we are opening up the friendship circle to you.
Speaker 3: Someone's cheating, We've got you on that. In laws or inlawe.
Speaker 4: Let's get into.
Speaker 3: It, toxic friendship, air it out. We're on your side to help you with your concerns, talk about ours, and every once in a while bring on an awesome guest to get their take on the things that you bring us.
Speaker 4: While we may be a license to advise, we're gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 3: Listen to call it what it is. Starting June third, on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: I just pulled up a picture of a Batman bed that I found an Amazon, and if it's this, I'm very very jealous of that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I it's remember when I left to cre My sister and I shared a room up until I was probably like twelve or something like that. And when I left a crib for the first time, I had a lot of rolling issues, and so I would roll out of the bed all the time. So I'd get one of those like the barrier walls that you could like attach onto it, so I would get into bed, and then my mom would come in and like put the barrier wall up so that way it was basically like a makeshift crib. That way, if I roll over, I wouldn't fall out of the bed.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not worried about him falling out of the bed because this thing is kind of the way it's put together, like it would stop him from rolling. But he can legit just get out of it and open the door and his his his room is upstairs. Our room is downstairs. That's the biggest concern. Even though we have gates at this we have gates at the stairwell. I don't know he just gets so smart every single day that, like, one day, I'm nervous that we're not gonna if he is sleeping in the bed by himself, he's gonna be able to get out of the bed, open the door, and then somehow open the gate, even though he has to like push back down on a button, slide it and then the gate opens. So it's child proof in that aspect, but it's I don't know, he's just fucking he's smart.
Speaker 1: One night you might just like hear tumbling coming from upstairs and might not do.
Speaker 2: That would be bad, bad, bad. I fell down the stairs once, TI, when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Kids are tough, man, and obviously you felt if you fell down the stairs, you survived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I cracked my head wide open, so I had to get stitches.
Speaker 1: But I survived. You survived, and obviously you're doing what you can to avoid it. If it happens, it happens. That's another thing with being a kid. It's like we we as adults now and as our parents probably understood when we were kids, like if I fell down the stairs, I'd probably almost be dead, right right, But like if you're four years old and you fall down this flight of stairs. Yeah, you might crack your head open, but there's not probably any long term lasting effects whereas nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is that? Like I feel like I'm not as fragile. I feel like I was way more fragile as a child than I am now clumsy. Maybe it's just like the way our bones are constructed.
Speaker 1: You're probably more clumsy growing a lot, so you're not really like used to your the dimensions of your body and stuff. And there's yeah, there's these things on the ends of our I'm going to get this really wrong, but there's these things on the ends of our DNA strands called telomeres, And once you hit a certain age probably your career, around thirty, your telomere start deteriorating. So that's kind of what the aging process is like. Up until you're thirty, you're getting smarter and better looking and stronger every single day, but then you hit this age where your telomeres start degrading, and then you start getting a little slower, a little more fragile, a little less strong. Like that kind of stuff could be wrong, but that's what I'm pretty sure is what I remember hearing at one point in my life. So I do think there's a lot of like age reversal things where they're trying to like focus on the telomeres and be like, Okay, maybe we can convince these things that we still are twenty years old, and if you hurt yourself or break a bone, you're going to recover like you did when you were twenty or when you were you know, ten or twelve or something like that. But like if you go through your childhood without a mer injury, but like you know, you fell and cracked your head open. I broke a bunch of bones, Like, if you don't have that in your childhood, I feel like you didn't have a full enough childhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time Dawson like, so, he was at my parents house. I had softball this past week. I worked when softball, and then Ashley flew out on Sunday. I didn't fly out to Tuesday. But point is he was at my parents' house and then of course he just like was running around the house, fell hit the back of his head and started crying. And my parents, my mom, I mean, you would have thought that he died from her reaction because she just was so sad. I'm like, mom, he's fine. He just bumped his head. He's good, Like he just that's what he does. He just runs around and bumps his head. And I don't want him to get hurt. But there's also times where I do want him to get hurt because I want him to learn those lessons because he is so aggressive and rambunctious, like he's very much a boy where it's like he's running around, he's just gonna trip one day and fall down and cry. But then he'll learn to like slow down and not run his hard, or like if he bumped into a desk, like now he knows, okay, I can't run into a desk now. Granted, I don't want him to seriously hurt himself, but like a little like a little bump to be like, oh okay, well don't do that again. That's fine, you know, I mean, what are you gonna do. He's gonna get hurt. We all got hurt. That's like the process of life right there, you know, right.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was a kid, I used to think about it kind of occasionally because my brothers. One brother like chopped a toe off, one burnt himself like fell into a fire, dropped a toe off. Yeah, there's some weird injuries. My brother like fell into a fire when he was a kid. My sister like split her head wide open when similar to use split her head wide open. I had a couple injuries when I was a kid. It's like it's just like a rite of passage. You have to have some sort of event. How did you How did your brother lose the toe? I think he was really young. He's probably around Dawson's age, maybe a little bit older, probably probably like five actually, just maybe a few years older. I think he was like getting into a van that's like one of the sliding van doors, and my mom wasn't paying attention. Oh my god, the door shut and it chopped one of his toes off. Holy shit. But that's kind of the point. They so it back on and it's got a normal toe. Now, like it wasn't an injury. Well, so the toe is fine, it's fine. You would you could look at his speed and you would never guess that he had it toe chopped off. But you know, you do that at thirty three or thirty four, and it's like, oh my gosh, I'm just going to live the rest of my life without a toe now, I guess I know.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the longevity of life because life is so short and it does fly by, and it just is going by faster and faster.
Speaker 1: The idea.
Speaker 2: Because Ashley posted yesterday it was nine years to the day when we first met, like walked down the stairs in Paradise, and so I was like, Jesus, nine years ago, that's such a long time. And then I think about stories like that, like your brother such an impactful story. He literally lost a toe and got it sewn back on, and it probably like is it doesn't it's not even like involved in his life. Does that make sense? Like there's so many things that have happened in my life. It doesn't even feel like it's my life, for sure. It just feels like it was something different because it was so long ago. You know, it's like that wasn't that almost feels like it wasn't me because it's just things are so different. I'm different, My world is different, and so like I see whether it be like you know, I don't know, I'm interested to see luckily hopefully hopefully not luckily because it has a happy to that you know, thirty forty years from now, because I look at like my parents' age and I'm like, that's crazy to think that they were my age at one point with kids, Like they were going through the exact same thing I'm going through right now, and their life is so different now than it was when they were my age. Like I wonder if they look back and they're like, man, that just doesn't even feel like me, you know, because it was thirty years ago and such, and we lived in a different place, and you know, we were friends with different people, and we worked at different places, and like you were a kid and now you're an adult, and it's just like, I don't know. Sometimes I think about that.
Speaker 1: I put that whenever I'm having a bad day or something bad happens to me. I kind of come with that perspective as well. I'm like, there are so many bad things that have happened to me in the past where I thought it was going to be like a life changing moment, and sure, maybe it did change some things, but like at the end of the day, I'm happy with where I'm at, and it's like it feels like an afterthought, right, Like you think this is going to be this big impactful moment and then thirty years later, you don't even realize that that was you, that it happened to. It's like it just feels like like you're saying a different person. And so whenever I'm having a bad day or something bad happens, I'm always like, in five years, I probably won't even remember this moment, for like in the slightest bit. So I don't know, it's interesting. I think that's part of the fun with having kids, though. It's like you get to pass all your experiences and wisdom down to them and hope that they make better choices than you, which they typically do. I'm sure your dad would say that about you, And I think any good parent would hope that their kid is more successful and better in every face than they are. So I don't know, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want Dawson, I know, I just want Dawson to Yeah, I just I think the most important thing for me with Dawson growing up, and then of course the second one is gonna be I think just I want to be there for him, you know, I think that's the most important thing. For Like, when I look at my dad, my relationship with my dad, there's a lot of things that I wish, well not wish were different, but like we just have a certain dynamic that I want a different dynamic with Dawson, but like the most.
Speaker 1: But my dad is the best dad ever.
Speaker 2: But my point being, God, i feel like I'm just like not being able to articulate any of my thoughts. But my point being is that the greatest gift that I've ever been given in my life. And I don't even mean like physically, I just mean like emotionally or is that just I know, like my parents, my dad will always be there, you know, And so I feel very lucky to that to know that like I could call him and then no matter what it is, He'll be there.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I.
Speaker 2: Want with Dawson, for him to know, like, dude, you just call me and I'll be there no matter what. And that's I, you know, I think the most important thing to me. So I'm hoping I'm there for him.
Speaker 1: I got a good feeling you will be. But that is going to do it for today's episode. Sorry for the listeners that you know, like I said earlier, Kielan's not here with us to keep us on track. But I feel like we did a good job. Now we did a good job. I think I think we did all right.
Speaker 2: It's like just like it was only like a little golf in Brady Talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when do you leave for the Tom Brady Thing?
Speaker 2: So I have to go back to Rhode Island this weekend for trivia and we have events going on, and then next Wednesday is the Brady Thing to June twelfth, TV twelve.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll do this on on Thursday or something instead. Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, good call. So next Wednesday I might not be available. I guess you can't go to the Tom Brady Thing. Man, you got a podcast to record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta do the podcast today. Six years man, I'd like to I'd like to do this the day after, but I guess you're probably gonna be traveling, but I'd like to hear about it. I guess we could always do the week after traveling. Oh well, then in that case, let's do it Thursday. That sounds good to me. But that's gonna do it for this week's episode. I am so grateful to have you in my life, Jared. I am so lucky. I'm grateful to have this podcast and you as listeners. Thank you so much for listening to this week's episode of Suckers, be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less