Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rat An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing.
Speaker 3: In, Scrubbing It, And I'm really excited because today we have a guest on the show. And she is somebody that I met when I was doing the e Red Carpets, and I really don't know much about her story and where she came from, but I really love her and I admire her, and so I'm really excited. She is an Emmy winning television host, radio personality, and model.
Speaker 2: She was born in Honduras but moved with her family to New Orleans, Louisiana. She's a fellow Louisiana girl.
Speaker 3: She is best known from her time when she was co hosting on be ET's music video countdown program, One of six and Park and she has also been a correspondent on Entertainment Tonight. She is currently a contributor for GMA three. What you need to.
Speaker 2: Know, please help us give a warm scrubbing in. Welcome to Roxy DSA.
Speaker 3: And she came in bringing beignets.
Speaker 2: She is a Louisiana girl through and through and brought us Beignet Box, which I think they're they're Louisiana owned right so.
Speaker 1: The owner in partnership with Christina Milian. They she is a Louisiana girl, And they brought Vignet's too to La. They're delicious, very close to Cafe Dumont.
Speaker 2: But you know they're they're they're really so sweet.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we've had a guest bringing gifts for us. Are you serious?
Speaker 2: No, we're not.
Speaker 3: Since the pandemic at.
Speaker 2: Least, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well okay, yeah, we're like getting back into the groove of it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, okay, Well, I'm glad to have started off the trends of.
Speaker 4: Gifts.
Speaker 3: This is so roxy.
Speaker 2: You did this.
Speaker 3: Also, you got me I remember during award season you got me that ted Lasso yes jersey. Yeah, I loved ted Lasso so much. She got me a ted Lasso jersey.
Speaker 2: Remember this.
Speaker 3: She also brought us all champagne one year for the Grammys, Like shall we drink after broadcast?
Speaker 2: Right after right after I was a celebration. Well, so Tanya has been talking about you and like how much she loves you for forever.
Speaker 3: I hope I live up to the expect you know you already are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you brought gifts. You're good, you have nothing else to prove there, Okay. But and then just randomly, we were at the same event that just like lunch that Alley put on and we were sitting across from each other and I heard her speaking and say her name and I was like, you know Tanya, right, and she was like I love Tanya. She's like, I'm gonna be on her podcast and I'm like, yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm scup you guys, I got it.
Speaker 2: I was like, does she have another podcast? We are you talking about my book? I have no idea, And then we discovered we're both from Louisiana. We really just bonded over lunch and it was so unexpected but so fun because I text a Tony after and I'm like I got to meet Roxy weirdly, like right a perfect.
Speaker 1: Timing, I know, perfect timing, And it was it was really cool because I was because then we were gonna get Tania jealous of like, yeah, we became instantly, and you know, but no, I would never You and I are bonded doggy doggy for life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're the bonded dog moms y, sure, bonded dog No, but I really like I just I feel like and I really want to get into your story just because I feel like you're so good at what you do, but you're just such a good person. But like when you're starting to do these red carpet shows and you're kind of thrown into the mix with people that you've never met before, like I've had not so great experiences and which I don't talk about because I don't want to bad mouth anybody, but it makes me appreciate the people like the Roxies of the world that really kind of like throw their arms around me and make me feel welcome and like lift me up in all these situations. And I felt that instantly from you. And you also have this confidence about yourself that.
Speaker 1: Is it's called years in doing that for too long.
Speaker 3: You don't think you want that when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: Strangely, I've never been asked a question before. I don't I don't think it was something I ever thought of, to be honest with you, like I'm I'm very secure and knowing who I am and what I bring to the table. If that's and that's I think that's something that I learned throughout the years. I don't know if it was something of importance that I thought about as a child. You know, I wasn't a confident student, Like I wasn't confident in school or doing grades. But cheerleading and soccer and sports and things that I knew I was good at. I always nurtured that and I was super confident in that, but confident in like the industry and today, Roxy Dias. That definitely took time in years of knowing what you bring to the table.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, you're just staring at me, like, answer, you.
Speaker 3: Moved from Honduras to Louisiana and that's when you were two, and then were you raised there from then on? Yeah, well we went.
Speaker 4: We went back and forth.
Speaker 1: So summers were in Hunduras until I was about thirteen, and then we did our school year here in the United States. But I mean, if anybody were to ask me, I was like, I grew up American at the end of the day, right right, I don't know anything else but New Orleans, Louisiana.
Speaker 3: And then when you moved to LA.
Speaker 1: I didn't move to LA until twenty gosh, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, because I was in New York beforehand doing one of six and Park.
Speaker 3: So that's why don't know where you started doing your work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started television in New York. One O six in Park was my first gig on BT, which is where a lot of my fan base knows me from, like the foundation of my following. But I started my radio career in Dallas, and then from Dallas, I went to Boston and Boston and Chicago. You know, when you're in radio, you just move around, you know, unless you're lucky to just work the number one, number two market like it's nothing, you know. I always tell her, I'm like, dude, that's like, don't you go nowhere? But it's you know, I did the whole radio radio tour, I guess you would call it because at that time, as a radio personality, you just want to be in the bigger markets, and my the biggest market.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I had a syndicate a show before, but I was in Chicago. And then from Chicago, I went to New York to start television. But I was already in radio before doing television.
Speaker 2: When you got into radio, was there because I know Tonya talked about when you first got into it, the struggle was having people believe in her and believe in like her having that position on the radio. What was your struggle like getting into it? What were your like fu, what were your fights?
Speaker 3: It wasn't I was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like I was like working at a radio stage, because I started off on the street team, and so from the street team, I was working the street team, and then I was working with the program director very closely, like kind of like assisting him, you know. And then but also I was so enamored with the board and coming into the studio. So then I would hang out with the night jocks and go in there and like learn how to run the board, learn how to like input music, learn how to input my liners and everything like that. I was learning all of that. So all of a sudden I become a board operator. And then the program director was literally like, I like your recipe voice. I just want to hear you on air. And I had then I was board opping from nine to like one am or something like that while they were doing live broadcasts at the club. So I'm board opping, but like at two am or one am to like five am or six am, whenever the morning people would actually come in. It was like go ahead, crack the mic. Go try it.
Speaker 4: Just read the.
Speaker 1: Liners, don't There's not much you could screw up at that time. You know, nobody's really listening, so just go for it.
Speaker 4: And that's what I did.
Speaker 1: I would practice on air, you know, and I was lucky to have a program director that I just liked my voice and wanted to hear me. And then there was an opportunity that I opened up for a midday personality in Boston, and then they were like, go just you know, try it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna starve.
Speaker 1: Like I remember, I remember my mentor at the time telling me, He's like, you're gonna eat pizza and you're gonna eat ramen.
Speaker 4: You're going to starve.
Speaker 1: I think I was making like forty thousand or fifty thousand a year in Boston, so it's like I'm starving. But I was at the number what was it at the time. I think Boston might have been number seven or number eight in the market and top ten, so.
Speaker 4: It was starting off at top ten.
Speaker 1: You know. Dallas was already five or six at the time, so I was within the top ten markets at still. And so yeah, that's that's how it happened. Practice and determination and just you know, I always tell everybody that I wants to get into radio or do this, start by reading the liners for the station. Start by reading the commercials that the disc jockeys feel like they got to get paid to read. You read them for free, and then you know the program director likes your voice. Then you know, maybe you get a shot doing overnights or something like that. That's that's where you can't just jump in, you know, at a major time slot, it's not going to happen. You got to you got to earn your way up there. So unless you're like Tanya, you're just part of the biggest grin because that.
Speaker 3: Was behind the scenes of that show. So I wasn't on air with Ryan and till like four years, in maybe five years even in with Ryan till I got the on air position.
Speaker 1: Yeah it takes time. Yeah, it takes time. And most people don't even get to stay where they start, Like most people have to move go to to smaller, smaller markets just to get your name and get your air truck ready and get the chops and then you can get to a bigger market. And you know, good luck for those people that are going to be moving around because they're not going to go anywhere anytime soon.
Speaker 4: So radio's crazy wild.
Speaker 1: But what I do like about radio is the dependent and I told you this, the dependability and the stability that if your market likes you and your audience likes you, and you keep those ratings and you can have a very very long career, you know, in radio.
Speaker 3: Right, because like the entertainment industry is very it's like you never know, no, you never know.
Speaker 1: I tell everybody, like the average the average lifespan for a personality on television is three to four years. I got we got Lucky at one O six and Park and we were there seven and a half years. But you know, like I can't even tell you the last time that something like that study was ever presented to people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're now part of a series show.
Speaker 3: When you got one of six in PARC, was that kind of like your moment where you were like, was that your first big paycheck, your first big role like I made it definitely wasn't.
Speaker 1: A big first paycheck, and then it definitely was like, you know, oh, so this is what we're doing now. You know. It was the definite the foundation to the start of television career for me. But I would have not got one of six in park if it was not for radio, because the program director.
Speaker 4: And they had a talent at the time.
Speaker 1: He came from a radio background and he was a fan of radio personalities being on air personalities because they knew timing, they knew how to read liners, they knew how to transition into thoughts, they knew how to do interviews. They just radio personalities have the foundations to become great TV personalities.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So I always tell people, I was like, don't think it's just jumping into television. And now like there's video cameras everywhere in the radio stash. Yeah, not even not on camera, You're always on camera. Yeah, So radio was like always a great place to start, you know.
Speaker 2: Did you have like knowing that he was interested in you, did you go through like the audition process, an interview process still or did you.
Speaker 4: Want to sit yeah? Oh no, no, no, yeah, yeah. I came out.
Speaker 1: I was like it was like a American idol caatele caall line. You know, they were looking at like the first I don't know, I think it might have been like let's just say, first five hundred people on line get to try out because it was like a new it was a new face search. It was like mtvs who want to be a VJ type of things. Yeah. Yeah, So like those casting cattle call lines are literally sleeping outside and at this time, it was Chicago in February or March.
Speaker 4: Nobody told BT was.
Speaker 1: Gonna be freezing cold, you know, and but yeah, I stayed outside and I just cared. I just wanted to be one of the first one hundred, so I slept overnight in the line. I was like number seventeen seventy nine. I think I was number yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then what it got narrowed down to two from the cattle call to two people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from over ten thousand people because there were those people that had agents and stuff that also got it. I got into, but over ten thousand people and then they.
Speaker 4: Just picked two.
Speaker 2: That is amazing.
Speaker 3: That's an ego boost.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh at the time, yeah, it definitely was it. But this industry has a way of they can boost you up right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I definitely could do that. But yeah, it was It was great that the network at the time gave really new faces a shot, people with talent and a shot. They picked They picked two of us to host that show, but then they picked five for the network to host other individuals shows too. So but the you know, the big the big thing was was the flagship show, and we didn't know that they were even looking for talent for that show at all.
Speaker 4: We had no clue.
Speaker 2: I was curious because I remember when Tanya was when y'all first met. She came back and she was like, there's this girl Roxy. She's amazing, and she like made me feel so comfortable and she was like hyping me up. And I'm curious if you ever had someone that was like your Roxy when you went into like a job position.
Speaker 1: When I first took over one O six the Coast before uh Free, she reached back to me and she gave me, you know, she put her arm around me and was like, this is what's gonna happen. You're about to be You're about to be thrown to the lions because this is a big show and it comes with a lot of publicity, and it comes with a lot of eyes and things that are going to be thrown at you. So she kind of gave she kind of gave me the heads up. When I came to LA I had a phenomenal, phenomenal producer executive producer by the name of Lynda Belle Blue and she is an iconic woman to ever work with. And four when it comes to entertainment news, she's just freaking bomb, Like, she's so awesome. And it was funny because she's like that typical like EP of a big show for entertainment tonight at the time and getting like a chiropractic work done, watching in an office that's all glass and like everything.
Speaker 4: It just just wild. She was so great.
Speaker 1: But she really taught me in my red carpet chops. She taught me what it was to expect, you know. Et was was a great foundation for that too. So yeah, but uh, other than that, you know, I've just been fortunate to work with some some pretty amazing people. Not everybody is great, you know, not all of your EPs are great. You know, not all your producers are great. But I've been really fortunate to have been surrounded by some really really cool people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that because I think it gives you the spark to go, like, I want to do that for other people who are coming into Yes, well.
Speaker 1: I think what happens in our industry is that we as females feel like we had like we're all competition against each other, and that's really not the case, because whatever's for you is going to be for you. It's if it was just not meant for you, it's just not. It doesn't mean that you're any less of a talent or what any more of a talent or whatever is. You're just not what they were looking for, what they were trying to do for that whatever job or situation it was. And I think as people in this industry, we just have to learn how to kind of get thick skin and not take things personally because it's not it's not it's it's not up to you. You know, it makes no difference. It says nothing about who you are and who your and what your talent is and what you bring to the table. It just wasn't that table for you to sit at, that's all.
Speaker 3: Is that how you deal with rejection?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I have.
Speaker 1: That's how I've had to learn how to deal with rejection, like honestly, because it's just like okay, well, I mean come on, like this this industry, you're gonna get told no so many times before you get a yes, Like honestly, and even with my resume, I still get hell of a whole bunch of more no's than I get yes, you know, because now it's like, oh, you got a resume that's too much and you're overqualified. Only what the hell, like, you know, what do you want me to do? So so yeah, it's it's kind of like you can't not you can only worry and take care of things that you can control. The things that you cannot control. Why are you going to go into this deep depression? And yeah, it's like fuh sucks, you know, But at the same time, it's like it's out.
Speaker 4: Of your control.
Speaker 1: You can't you can't force anything that's not meant to be. Only God has your plan and your destination of what he has.
Speaker 4: Planned for you.
Speaker 1: Now, you could help that process by studying and crafting your skills and surrounding yourself with people that are in the same industry as what you want to be in or.
Speaker 4: Or putting yourself that in that world.
Speaker 1: If you want to be a radio personality, then you start, you join the street team.
Speaker 4: You get to put in.
Speaker 1: The door, you know, if you want to be a producer, if you want to be in television, figure it out. How do you get in there? Maybe it's scriptwriting, maybe it's another way around. But I always think that it's better when you could be a self produced person anyway, because you bring more to to take. So yeah, but to answer your question, I cannot. I cannot stress out over things that I.
Speaker 3: Cannot control now that it's something that we are very different in. No, because I'm horrible with rejection and I take it deeply personal.
Speaker 1: Then I would tell you you're in the wrong business. Yeah, I would tell you straight up you're in the wrong business because you can't. You can't. I know it's easier said than done, but you can't do that to yourself because if you're getting well in the industry, we get.
Speaker 4: Knows all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we get I told you this too before on our off off Mike, you know, on off air. But you cannot because there's all Look, this happened to me three times in my career. There's a new EP that comes and they fire everybody and they want their talent in. That's nothing against me, that's that's a new person that's in charge, that wants to put their mark and and they're people in and if they don't work out. It's on them, you know what I'm saying. So it's above me. I can't I can't control that, or I'm part of a show, and then the whole company switches into.
Speaker 3: Overnight there are a new format.
Speaker 1: You know, somebody, I can't control that, Like, that's something that I cannot control. And if I don't get the gig or if I don't get to do whatever interview or something like that, it wasn't for me to do and it's not for me to like shut on the next person that did it. It was just meant for them to be. That just means that there's another door that's going to open for you. And I believe if you don't hold heartedly believe that, then they're not going to open for you because you're getting in your own way by being pessimistic about it, saying, oh man, you know, it never happens. I keep getting nose and stuff like that. You're putting their own energy out there, and then it's like, then you're gonna be known as a Debbie Downer in the industry.
Speaker 4: You don't want that.
Speaker 1: And trust me, I've talked to producers and I've talked they'd be like oh she does this complain about not getting the job about you know, woe is me in life? Nobody wants to be around that energy either, So and I know you're not that energy because you're freaking sunshines and balloons and sunflowers. So yeah, no that's not you. But but I would say it to anybody. It was like, if you're not used to if you can't take no, then you can't be in this business.
Speaker 3: Yeah at all.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for a long time.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like you have done so much? Like what for you? What does the future look like?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you want? What is there more that you want to accomplish? Is there something that you haven't done yet?
Speaker 1: I would like to sit in like a main chi. I would like to get back into radio. You and I have talked about this, Yeah, but I think for me what I have not done is like a panel show like The View or like the Talk or something like that that's still topical trending topics, but that's also political as well, because as you get older, you just start caring about different things, and my views have I've transitioned into that and like a Good Morning America. So right now, I'm in the zeigeist of Good Morning America, and I'm super happy for any opportunity I get to work with them. But yeah, that's like.
Speaker 3: Your correspondent for for GMA three, I'm at contributor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very specific language, really very very specific.
Speaker 3: Contributor is different than what did I just say, corresponding correspondent? Yeah, yeah, very different really Yeah. Yeah, contributor means you pop in every once in a while, exactly correspondent's.
Speaker 4: You're a part of the team.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, that.
Speaker 1: Means you got to secure a secure, secure situation.
Speaker 3: But aren't you on that path if they have you as a god willing Yeah, yeah, that's the plan. I mean, that's what I would love. That's what I pray for every single day. Yeah, so you move back to New York.
Speaker 1: It would just depend on whatever whatever they need me to do at this point.
Speaker 3: That's another thing.
Speaker 1: You have to be open to change and open to I think there was only one time in my career where I actually put my foot down. I was like, no, I'm not going to move, you know, or I'm not going to go do that. I'm sorry, it's just not for me. And good thing because that only lasted one season, Like something in my heart just knew that it wasn't for me. And imagine I would have picked up and left everything and went somewhere and then that show only lasted one season.
Speaker 3: And then I would show I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 4: I do want to say.
Speaker 2: I want to know if you had let's say you had a show and you had a panel, and you had you and three other women, do you have people that you would want to be on there with.
Speaker 4: I like a diverse cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, different different viewpoints, certain people in particular. No I did. I don't have that, Like I just always know that a very diverse panel is and is always great because you just I would like to talk to uh, what I believe my audience is and what I believe like people my age and those that follow me are into now because it's not it's not about I think the Breakfast Club does it so well that it's not just about your format anymore. It's about topics that actually are you know interesting too. Whoever your viewership is, you know, like stuff, So now you know you got them talking about finances now and talking about politics, and I mean you have like the craziest people that go onto that show now, So it's it's really cool. So I like broad topics but also things that people are gonna learn from I guess yeah and yeah.
Speaker 2: And having like different viewpoints so it's not all just like everyone agreeing on the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, like similar to the view is like you know, you kind of you don't want everybody a way, Yeah, you don't want everybody to agree with each other all the time, but respectfully respectfully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just having respectful dialogue, learning from each other if you can exactly. Yeah, you brought this up and then you just grazed over it that y'all have the same dog that are like distant siblings.
Speaker 4: There's a year apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a you're apart, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the same parents. Yeah, just like but they haven't met yet.
Speaker 1: No, no, we have to make that happen.
Speaker 4: It has to happen.
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you, I I felt like last week, I felt like a horrible dog mom because I realized I think there's a fine line between socializing and traumatizing. Uhh, And I think I really wanted my dog to be socialized, and so I sent her on these like walks or hikes with all these other dogs. I think it was a bad call because now I took her to the dog park last week. I took her off her leash, and she literally would not leave our feet, like she would not go play with the other dog. She was like scared. And then this other dog came running up. These are friendly, friendly dogs. They were not trying to harm her, and she was like squealing like she was. So I was like, I have a little scaredy cat chicken dog, and I feel bad that I didn't like socialize her properly. I feel like I messed her up. So now I'm like committing to go four days a week to this dog park to get her like socialized. To be careful with dog parks though it's not so it's not a dog park. It's a park where the rangers leave it for and so people come bring their dogs at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: Okay, but still you gotta be careful with dogs that you don't know's.
Speaker 3: How to socialize them.
Speaker 1: I mean in small groups with small with other people that have dogs that you know who that dog is, and like you can socialize them that way, like how you did for a birthday right right, Like stuff like that yeah, like the one year old birthday that that human getting.
Speaker 4: For second. Yeah, but like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I hear so much about dog parks that it kind of scares me too.
Speaker 4: When I think about it.
Speaker 1: But but because Teddy's with a dog trainer, so they have he has dogs, so he's not socialized with big dogs, small dogs, like all sorts of dogs. So he plays well with other dogs. But I don't know if he's gonna just run off and like see another dog. Like you want them to be cool with dogs, but then you always want them to like to have safety. Yeah, respect safety, balance zone, and you can't force it. Like she may not be ready yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be like she's enjoying it more. We took her twice and she's like slowly starting to like yeah, play to it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they got those places that you can go during the day and just take them and it's like a whole bunch of dogs that.
Speaker 3: Yeah those like it's like the Soho House for dogs pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't gone to any of those, but they seem amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Teddy will be there.
Speaker 1: I'm like Teddy, Teddy, I walk around.
Speaker 4: I go around too many times.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know what I did getting another dog, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's the best thing in the whole horror is awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: You're in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You talk about that now? Okay, good talk, great talk, But you have a dog? What is that?
Speaker 3: A decision that you made early on? Always from day one.
Speaker 1: So the funny thing is and the beginning of my career because of the first show that I was on, we weren't allowed to have public relationships because we were on a show that like I mean think TRL like is like everybody either wants to be you or date you, so our.
Speaker 4: Relationships are cut private.
Speaker 1: And I guess that was just something that I picked up throughout the entire my entire career is like not everything is for everybody, even when it comes to social media.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I I've been in my relationship for a very long time, on and off, but it's always like one of those things that I've always kept for me because until he's my husband, or until there is a husband, then I'll be glad to divulge. And oh really, so that's kind of the line, yeah, because it's like before then, what is there to talk about, like honestly, like, oh, everybody's got boyfriends and everybody dates. Nothing is But when it's like written a meek and stuff like that, and it's like commitment now, it's like you really can't mess with mine, you know. But beforehand, I like, I cannot be that girl like you. You're great, You're a great girlfriend. There's no way in hell I would like put my guy up on social media and stuff like because then like all the nice things that he may do for me and stuff like that, girls see that and like, no way they're gonna be sliding into his DM said, thank god, he doesn't do his social media. So it's like, Nola, oh there's vultures out there. You're over here showing your mac and cook and he leaves.
Speaker 3: The Housebody said that to me too. They were like, you prop him up so much, like I want to date him. I was like, even I honestly didn't think of it that way.
Speaker 1: Yep, they're gonna want your guy.
Speaker 3: Beware dark very I don't.
Speaker 1: I just I just you know, as public figures, we give so much of ourselves to the world. The two things I keep very close to my chest or my family and because they didn't choose to be in the spotlight, right, I did, so my family and my relationship stuff like, I just keep it to myself. Now, if you ever, if you follow me at roxydias on Instagram and Twitter and all the other things. Lemonade the new think, uh, lemonade, lemonade?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, catcha up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody's on it.
Speaker 4: Don't work, but nobody's doing it.
Speaker 1: But if you, if you ever see me go on a tangent of quotes and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Means something is going on.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But other than that, yeah, wait, winter birthday, I'm a scorpio.
Speaker 2: Oh we talked about this me too. Wait did we talk about this?
Speaker 1: No, wait, the table talked about it, but I don't think we said that. We Winter birthday November seventeen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm October thirtieth, so I'm a scoring. I do the quotes like.
Speaker 1: Call females do the quotes every girl does.
Speaker 4: Only when you're dark.
Speaker 2: Yes, for me, it's only when when it's like.
Speaker 1: A certain rabbit hole contingency, like like when it's like you could do and all by yourself.
Speaker 4: That's usually.
Speaker 1: But all the uplifting quotes that's like genuinely like I do yeah, like I do that too, yeah yeah, No, when it's like.
Speaker 3: About your worth, yeah, the worth ones and like.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my best friend is also a scorpion and she does the same things when she's dark. That is so funny.
Speaker 1: I think it's a female thing, though I don't think it's just scorpios.
Speaker 2: I feel like that dark though. I think when we do have a.
Speaker 4: Very tendously did be kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, how can we sing in a sneaky way?
Speaker 1: Sing in a non Obviously it doesn't work for me because he doesn't have social media, so it's not like looking at it. He gets the silent treatment. For me. That's like the worst thing you could ever do to any guy. By the way, if there's any lady listening to you, is that.
Speaker 3: Really what I'm I'm the worst all talk. I just talk all day to him. I'm like, we should talk, we should talk, we should meaning we should talk.
Speaker 1: No, that's the silent treatment, the best thing you could do, telling you because when you're not talking to them, they drives them insane. With the one man in this room drives in insane.
Speaker 2: Why Allison doesn't talk, Yeah, that's spot on Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, telling you I've never done that.
Speaker 2: All you do is.
Speaker 1: Talk and you want to talk. Now, imagine if you just go dead silent, and.
Speaker 3: Then what do you do when you're like eating dinner?
Speaker 1: You don't dinner like together, what I'm not talking to you dinner?
Speaker 3: So you're like mad, you're in a fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like if it's like things hit the fan and you're like, you're not getting dinner, dinner, it's like soldier boys, No, no dinner, You're not You're not getting my presence at all. You get nada from me, no, especially dinner because and I throw down. So I'm a Louisiana girl, so you're not getting nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah no, no, I'm a bad fighter. I yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Last thing you want to do is talk when because they don't want to really talk, you got it. You do need a cool down period, which women were usually bad at because we really want to talk things out. But then after that cool down period, you know when it's time to actually talk with level heads. You can come together when you decide you're ready to speak.
Speaker 3: And how long can you not talk for? I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I did six months what I mean, he really messed up. He messed up, really made it really bad.
Speaker 4: Did you listen? Were you at the table when we.
Speaker 1: Were talking about all the like, I'm definitely not going to have that conversation on air, but yeah, we were all talking about different things that we think adored and no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what about like a typical fight, like a not so bad one and disagreement, No.
Speaker 4: A disagreement.
Speaker 1: You saved the silent treatment.
Speaker 3: For big things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big things.
Speaker 1: It has to be like like big things. It can't be just like every little fight is a sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you didn't hook up the internet in the other room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's no. I always say pick your battles when it comes to relationships, especially men. You just gotta pick your battles and you got to pat them on the back.
Speaker 2: The legendary though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was he he screwed up really bad. So yeah, that wasn't more of a solid treamer. That was like, we broke up, wake up, and I'm not talking to you. So I was like, there's no reconcilent, you know, recogiliation now that we're broken up, And then I don't want to even talk to you about it because we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have a girlfriend. So if we both are like leaning into the silent treatment, it can get pretty quiet. But she's more of a communicator. She's kind of like Taanya in the sense that she's like, I want to talk it out, and I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Want to communicate daily, Like I want to like talk about things daily, and to the point where like now it's a joke. I'll be like, so, what are you thinking about now? Oh? I keep driving? What do you think about now? What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: So so silence might be actually a treat for him. It'll be like, thank you.
Speaker 2: You won't even question it, He'll just thank God.
Speaker 3: I think it would really throw him, like he'd like, what is going exactly?
Speaker 1: It would be Yeah, imagine what he would be like, uh oh yeah I really messed up. Yeah, yeah, what happened. It has to be for something big camp. I'm going to put that in my back pocket. And I think y's for anybody, men or women or whatever. Like the silent treatment is like the worst one. Somebody just won't talk to you.
Speaker 2: I hate it's the worst. If Haley's silent, I'm like, because she's she likes to talk things out, so she goes silent. I'm like, oh no, like this is not good. Yeah, but I like I pull out the silent treatment more often. Yeah, when I need.
Speaker 1: To vindictives, like I know where I know where to hit you where it hurts lady.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot. I really respect the like not sharing a relationship thing. But I've never heard someone say like I keep it to myself until we're married.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have never posted on maybe on a story might have said happy birthday, and even then I say it like in third person, like happy birthday to you. Liked if it was Tanya's birthday, I would post her and really happy birthday to you. You know I never I never no, no, no, like no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both parts too, like he's public person person. Yeah, we just you know, we don't want to, you know, we just don't want anybody in our business because what if it doesn't work out. I mean like yeah, you know, like we were in that situation where you know, nope, didn't work out, nobody knew who I was dating or whatever like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there wasn't that public on top of the heartbreak. There wasn't the public pressure of like talking about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah then yeah, and I don't need to go deep dive into my Instagram and do all the.
Speaker 3: Why you would have Wow, Yeah, I'd have to have something to do it for me. Yeah, there's a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I prefer not to, you know, but I love relationships stuff, like I love talking relationships stuff.
Speaker 4: It's it's great.
Speaker 3: But yeah, do you want to get married one day? Is that like something that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. I'm more in the sense of I had to get married, but I don't have to be married the traditional way. I'd rather a spiritual, spiritual ceremony because I just feel like the business of marriage is what really breaks up a lot of marriages in the beginning. So it's like one of those if it ain't broke, don't fix it, don't fix it. But I just want the ring part of marriage.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: The ring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just the ring.
Speaker 1: I just see the ring, because you know, it's like something for women for that piece of hardware to be on your finger, and it's like a like a I did it?
Speaker 2: Have you seen?
Speaker 3: You have to watch the Taylor, You have to watch this Taylor Thomlinson stand up comedy show because she talks about that like she's like women that are either like engage or marry, they walk around so like they're a target. Instead of saying, like, sir, where's the paper towels, she's like, sir, where's the paper towels? And she's like flailing her like engagement ring up in the air, and like there is there's this sense of like it wouldn't be so much of a like a flaunt moved. It's more of a like.
Speaker 1: One percent in a committed relationship. But now you know that it's here. Yeah I made that, And that ring has always signified Hey, she said she's a good girl.
Speaker 4: She's taken, you know, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like she's don't mess with her, she's off limits. Although that sometimes it's more attractive to.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're taking, I'm taking.
Speaker 3: So this is just a fling. You know, don't worry. I won't call you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I understand you're with your husband or your wife. So it's like there's people like that, but I don't know. Yeah, just the ring and we say are our spiritual you know, vows and promise not to sleep with anybody else. But just you and and that's it. I don't need the I don't need the government coming into my situation telling me how much taxes I gotta pay and who gets to claim the child if there is one. I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we'll figure that out on our own.
Speaker 2: We What you're saying is you need the rock.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't even have to be rock. It could be the pebble.
Speaker 1: Come on now, toime I was gonna say, like a nice gold band or something like that, was like, hebble, don't even then? Get me twenty two, twenty four carried, don't even worry about the pebble that you're gonna give me your man made diamond.
Speaker 3: Hell no, give me the whole school thing. Did you feel like it was hard to balance like personal life and career?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 3: I found that to be a struggle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: It's more suftible now and you guys' generation and like now you can be in a relationship and be public with it and have a child. To heaven forbid, I was able to have a child in my thirties.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Like that was really not an option? Hell no, because what it was it was considered like it was back then and the end of a career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could not be pregnant on air.
Speaker 4: You could not.
Speaker 3: I still think that people have that mentality though, that that having a baby means your career is over.
Speaker 4: Depends on the woman.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like in an executive producer standpoint, No, it's not that anymore. Now.
Speaker 4: It's welcome now.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, we could have the whole baby journey, throughout the whole entire thing. Now it's like more welcoming for mothers to be able to be in a public light and work on television and you know, keep their careers and still raise a family.
Speaker 4: At the same time.
Speaker 3: It's so messed up that that was such a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I wish that.
Speaker 1: I wish that there was more information about freezing your eggs and there was more information about like when you want to make sure you take these certain precautions. When I first started television, freezing your eggs and doing all of that stuff wasn't talked about. I didn't even know that was an option, you know, I didn't know. I honestly did not know, Nor was anybody and in my community talking about that, nor women in my community talking about that too. So that's probably one of the biggest regrets because I didn't have a child or one. I wasn't in a committed relationship like that too have one, but two, I chose my career. So now I'm forty one and I'm like, damn, I want to leave all these shoes too, and.
Speaker 4: These bags I've accumulated.
Speaker 1: It's stuff at the end of the day. But it's like your family inheritance, jewels or anything like that that you want to leave to somebody special. It's like, gosh, damn it, I gotta get on.
Speaker 4: The ball now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can still have a baby.
Speaker 4: I still have a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's more pressure now, you know, it's definitely more pressure.
Speaker 2: Now there is a lot more conversation around this, so that there's ever been before where it's like comfortable talking about hey, like, hey, I want to I do want to focus on my career and maybe eventually I want the option of a child exactly. But so I am glad that people are talking about it more. But you can, I mean, you have you considered freezing your eggs?
Speaker 1: So I literally am in this this situation now where my doctor told me, sure you could freeze them, but the quality of them, you know, when you go to try to you know, match the egg with the sperm or whatever, they're not great. So the quality like you won't know if you got to get a.
Speaker 3: Good right, Like they say it's better for you to just try it naturally versus taking them out.
Speaker 1: And they say try naturally or just have an embryo, you know, like literally put all your eggs in one basket.
Speaker 4: So like imagine that, you know.
Speaker 1: We need we need the rock, which I mean, it is what it is. But it's for any woman that's in that in that position, you know, or anybody that's listening right now that's in their early thirties, go freeze your eggs. Please, if you're undecided, you don't know, do not wait until your late thirties and forty to try to go freezing egg because it's just going to be harder. It's gonna be harder. It's gonna be harder. Like she straight up told me. She was, like, anybody will freeze your eggs, but nobody's going to tell you the truth about your quality of your eggs. And if by the time you go to defrost them and put some you know, match it with a sperm. If it's even gonna be good or not good, you go ahead and freeze them, but you don't know if you're gonna have a healthy egg or healthy embryo from that. My option right now would be to match an egg with a sperm and have healthy embryos on hold until I'm ready.
Speaker 4: To child, or have a child naturally, try to have a child.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see you're saying, so at this point, freezing your eggs is not the best option. Freezing embryos is, got it?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's interesting because I always like ton enough toggles the right word, but I always go back and forth with it because I have not frozen any eggs. How old thirty five go?
Speaker 1: Do it? Well?
Speaker 3: My doctor I went and saw somebody and he like looked at all my stuff and said that I have a lot of viable eggs, and so he said, if I have a baby naturally by thirty seven, I should be You know, they can't guarantee anything, but in my mind, I was like, I'm just gonna do it as it comes, because I want to try naturally. But I'm like, now it's getting later and later, Like I'm gonna be thirty six soon. I'm like, at what point do I just like, So.
Speaker 1: I went when I was thirty eight, I went to the fertility clinic and I was still very, very fertile. I still had great follicles and everything like that. Two years later, I'm now back into the process and stuff because I didn't do it back then, which I should have, and it was one of my biggest regrets, not freezing at eggs. But two years later, I go back and my number has cut in half, and she's like, what has happened in the last two years that your numbers have gone down like this to where it's like, let's see how we can produce more follicles to get a healthy egg. And so in just two years it dropped and it's like.
Speaker 3: They say, what did you were experiencing more stress?
Speaker 1: I may it could be stress related, it could be I don't know, it could be anything. She didn't really give me an answer to why, but it was just the shocky, crass number, drastic drop. Sorry.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So that's why I say for.
Speaker 1: Anybody like, don't wait, like, don't wait, because literally your things can change with it. And I feel fine, I'm I look young, I feel fine. Everything I eat very healthy. I'm like, you know, all of that stuff, all of the above, and then that so I was like that was like the biggest kick in the stomach of like, oh, yeah, you're not in your thirties anymore.
Speaker 4: You're not young, you know.
Speaker 1: Mother nature is like literally like figure it out. So that's why I say, don't wait. I mean, granted, I can still I can still have a child naturally. Yeah, yeah, but it's going to be more challenging to do that. You know, it's going to be Chinese herbal teas and acupuncture and all the all the stories that you hear.
Speaker 4: It's going to be all of that.
Speaker 1: So if if I would have had like a batch of eggs, you know on the side, I probably wouldn't be stressing as much about it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's just having the security of like, hey, it's just security because I go back and forth if I even want kids. But it's like a lot of people say, I got to a certain point where I was like, wait, maybe I do want them, and then it was like I didn't do anything, you know, I set myself up for it. So I think that's great advice.
Speaker 1: And that was me too. I went back and forth. I was like, I wasn't really sure if I wanted a child. It's not until the last like two three years maybe I could say, like, I'm I'm older now and like I've done everything in my career that I wanted to do that I've wanted to do. I've been very successful. I want to be able to I do want a child. It's like and like I said to you, it's like you have that thought and you're like, oh my gosh, I got all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Where's the legacy going?
Speaker 1: Who am I going to pour into or who's going to benefit from all these things? You know that I've created and have set a foundation for. So that's what you start thinking about. If not Teddy is going to be one rich though in the San Fernanda Valley, he's gonna be loaded.
Speaker 4: He's going to be.
Speaker 2: Good, you know, just in a mansion with bags and back shoes.
Speaker 1: Said, he'll be able to chew up and say, you know whatever, Mom left me this. So that's all that's love. Yes, freeze ladies, go freezer aches, do it for yourself, don't do it?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: Nice spinning right now.
Speaker 4: That's like I said half more than half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my doctrine told my doctor told me that too, though, because I was thirty four when I got it all checked, and he said the thing about thirty seven, He said, the misconception women have is when they turn thirty that their eggs dropped drastically, and he said it doesn't happen until forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what happened. I turned forty. I turned forty.
Speaker 2: So then I was like, so, I literally I thought you were younger than me. I'm like, shuk right now when you said you were forty one, because when you were like, yeah, it's too late, I divere think if I could have done that my thirty th I was like, what, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I started this business. I started in a business like at twenty. I was twenty years old when I started radio. And it's been a great ride this whole time, and still going.
Speaker 3: They'll go tacking new chapters, they'll ticking new adventures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the one thing I do regret. I regret not freezing my egges.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it honesty, and I think that's I think a lot of people listening will be like, oh, that's the sign I needed to do it because I think a lot of people, especially now that people are able to talk about like or do I want kids, and they're they're comfortable enough to say, like, I don't know if that's what I want. It at least gives we have the science and the technology to have that safety now. So it's like, take advantage of it if you're able to.
Speaker 1: Again, Yeah, like I said, they were these conversations weren't being had when I was in my early thirties and stuff like that. Nobody told me go freeze my eggs. Everybody was like, go to this doctor to get your breast done. Go to this doctor, get whatever. She's like that that's the la go here for. Nobody said, no, freezer eggs raxy. Nobody said that. But I also didn't even know that was a thing. Like I didn't even know elite circle of white women that probably knew about this. And I'm not trying to be.
Speaker 4: Being funny, but I'm like being real too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't talked about, you know, it just wasn't even didn't even All I knew was IVF. That's all I never knew. I never knew about freezing eggs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ever, Yeah, it's just becoming a more popular conversation that people are.
Speaker 1: Glad it is. Yeah, for sure, glad it is, so ladies.
Speaker 2: Aside from freezing your eggs before we leave because I got to eat these benny eyes, what is there any piece of advice personal career that you got that you're like, I want to share that with everyone outside of freezing eggs.
Speaker 4: Outside of freezing eggs.
Speaker 1: I think that it's it's literally, whenever you go, whatever career you're in, whatever job you're working, you know, do wants others as you have done on to yourself, So you treat everybody with respect because legit, you never know who your next boss is going to be. You never know who's going to be in charge, or if you're in charge, you want to be that person that other people want to mimic and be like when they're in charge as well. So keeping great relationships have always been like a motto for me. I guess a lot of the gigs that I've gotten was literally through either relationship or a good reputation. I would say, you know, they're like, oh she's cool, she's easy to work with, and she's not gonna be a problem, you know. Yeah, so yeah, I would say I would say that, especially in this industry because you just never know who's going to be the next executive producer, executive programmer or whatever. You never know, or who's going to be the new talent. You just you just really never know. So it's kind of like, you know, be nice to everybody. Yeah, so golden rule literally, yeah night, because you just never know who who can hold your future next. Yeah, you know, so yeah, that would be my biggest advice. I love and.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that you scrubbed in. I'm telling you before you scrubbed in, and I am a fan of you, and Tonya has been a fan of you for a long time.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm so happy that you came on. I'm I'm always I've admired you for a very long time and I'm always inspired by you. So I'm really glad that you got to share your story with the scrubber.
Speaker 4: Glad I came here.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's about time you invited me to go waiting waiting to scrub in for a while now.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to invite me, fine.
Speaker 3: And we just set up for a plate like very soon.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, that we do, because he's going to be coming back from Doggie Doggy boot Camp soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he's a well mannered little boy.
Speaker 3: I know you mentioned it before, but where can everybody follow you.
Speaker 1: At roxy das literally across the board. I've been lucky to have the same handle for for all of them.
Speaker 3: Well, because your name is spelled r O c s.
Speaker 1: I y s r O c s I d I e Z Instagram, Twitter, Lemon eight.
Speaker 4: You're on there.
Speaker 3: I remember when I first got like paired when we were doing a far first show together. I was like, how do you pronounce her name?
Speaker 1: Row CC so many different I was like, oh, okay, oh that's what it is. In retrospect, I probably should have spelled it easier.
Speaker 4: No, it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I love it. I think it's really cool. Thank you for scrubbing it.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys, thanks for having me. I appreciate it.