Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It is La La Kent. Welcome back to my podcast I have. It's so weird to have you here as like a guest because you're just like my homies. So I'm like, this feels so official.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hi Britney Cartwright, Hi girl, how's it going good?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to have you. I was like looking at the time, and then Stace, our mutual producer, says she stopped off at a gas station to go to the bathroom. I'm like, it's like a thirty minute commute, and normally, like if you're on a road trip, you would stop off at a gas station to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: There was no way around it. God to stop.
Speaker 1: What are we talking? Like? Are we talking like a chevron? Uh?
Speaker 2: It was a I don't even know what it happened to actual now that I think about it. What was a shell?
Speaker 1: You're so Kentucky right now.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you gotta do what you gotta do. And that traffic coming here from the valley was like stop and go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I ain't gonna make it if I if I have to go all the way there.
Speaker 1: We cause you come from Kentucky. I come from uh Salt Lake City, Utah. There's no traffic and I don't know if you ever saw the snl skit about like when people moved to California, all they ever talk about is being stuck in traffic and like how they true took the four oh five to the one oh one or whatever, and I'm like, oh my god, we've turned into those people.
Speaker 2: Oh but what's bad about me is I don't ever know where I am. Like if it wasn't for my GPS, I would not. I don't know what the four oh five is, Like I heard of it, but like I couldn't tell you which one it is. You've been here for ten years?
Speaker 1: Oh my okay. So then when you go from your house to take Cruizy to school because our kids go to the same school, do you have to use your GPS?
Speaker 2: I put my GPS on for safety because I just like to follow it and know where I am. It's like I absolutely had to do it without my phone. I could take him to school, okay, but I never tried because it's like my safety blanket, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, just in case you forget yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not paying attention and I like missed the turn and then I would be screwed. I have no clue where the heck I was.
Speaker 1: I just like knowing how long it's gonna take me exactly.
Speaker 2: I like that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I know where I'm going, but I sometimes it could take ten minutes, sometimes it could take thirty five.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it'll say save five minutes if you click here.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yes, like you said, it was like a hell of a morning. What went on this morning?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. So Cruise and I swam like all day yesterday, just him and I. So he was like really tired. So if he goes to bed early, there's no it's never like for sure that he's gonna stay asleep all night. Okay. So he fell asleep around eight o'clock and woke up at four am. Oh no, ready to party, just like yay hello, like smacking on my face like this to get me up, and yeah, he just would not go back to sleep. Finally went back to sleep at seven point thirty. Okay. So I was up with him that entire time, and then he had to be at school at eight forty five, so I decided to keep it home today.
Speaker 1: He stayed home too, Yeah, because what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Make it's just pre school if it was like, yeah, you know what I mean, like if it was like school school. But I just felt like he would be so miserable if he went, so then I was up with him the whole time too, and I'm just like, I was so tired.
Speaker 1: Oh and you're all glamed and everything.
Speaker 2: I just rushed but makeup on.
Speaker 1: I'm very impressed. Did you do that at the gas station too?
Speaker 2: I did my lips in the car on the way, a.
Speaker 1: Car that I'm laying my horn.
Speaker 2: Like plan your day better, bitch, of which I'm at like a stop sign. Okay, it's not just like I'm not driving and actively doing it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Little Wayne's playing and I'm just like, dude.
Speaker 1: By the way, some people thought Lil Wayne was paying you to promote his new album.
Speaker 2: Somebody said that to me. They were like, is Little Wayne paying you? And I said what I was like, I love Little White. Everyone knows that, if I mean, they obviously don't know me very well. If they thought I didn't know little Way.
Speaker 1: Do you still like him? Now that he broke up with his girlfriend on Mother's Day?
Speaker 2: He broke up with I didn't even see that. Yes, he does things that disappoint me sometimes, Like that was his concert and uh, you know Kara, my friend from Yestechy, she flew in from Vegas and he was so late. It was that one that kind of like went viral where he like walked off the sage're there, we're there.
Speaker 1: And didn't he like shame the audience, Yes.
Speaker 2: Because he said that we weren't interested in like his new rappers and stuff. I'm look, we waited three hours, you were late, and then you walked off early because we weren'tcheering enough for songs that we had never heard before.
Speaker 1: I was bently boy.
Speaker 2: That was a disappointing moment, but he will never.
Speaker 1: You know what, you're a true true blue fan?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, aam.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have true blue fans like that just rock with you no matter because the fans are fickle when it comes to like reality television. Yeah, And do you watch reality TV or you just on it?
Speaker 2: For the most part, I'm just on it. I do see things here and there. Obviously I was big into like nine to Day Fiance and stuff like that for a while. I think because I wasn't really that much into it before I even started on reality to you, So like maybe I had watched like Laguna Beach or you know, Jersey Shore, like the very great the very first ones. And I used to love like trading spaces like home de courseo yeah KLC, you know stuff like that. So that was like what I really watched. Don't hate me, problemo, I love you now. But I was just never like really huge into that world.
Speaker 1: My mom was all the moms loved house Yes, yeah, I loved Housewives too.
Speaker 2: You still do?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm addicted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe if I watched it, I would like be into it. But whenever you live the life, you.
Speaker 1: Feel like, because you know how the sausage is made, you can't watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe it gives me like a little anxiety or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's weird. How is this season going for you?
Speaker 2: Definitely the hardest season I've ever filmed. Okay, hard to watch back. I think that I'm definitely like showing a different side of me that people aren't used to. I think I'm showing like a lot of like growth and strength. Yeah, and I'm in a much better place right now than I was when I was filming this because you know, we film over the summer, so it's been a hot minute. But yeah, I feel like I've got so much support and I'm so grateful, grateful for that. But like, if I do one thing wrong, I feel like people like come at me, and it's like, give me a little bit of grace here. I'm literally going through the hardest summer of my entire life and doing it all on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it'll be one of the hardest times of your entire life for the long run. Like, yeah, looking back, when you think about your life, this will always be one of the most difficult and most challenging times of your life. So when you went into filming, did you know that it was going to be difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because two days before is whenever all the stuff happened, Like two days before we even picked up cameras is whenever all the stuff with Jack's happened. So I knew that it was gonna be bad. And before that, we had been separated for like six or seven months already, right, and it wasn't good our entire separation because that's when he started spiraling and stuff. So I was like even worse than normal so I just knew it was going to be extremely hard.
Speaker 1: I remember when it did start getting very very bad, and you and I were driving, I think, to Will and Elaine's house and we were talking just about what you were going through, and you were talking about some ring footage and you were like, I can show you. And I was like, Britt, yeah, you weren't to a place yet. I don't even think that you had separated fully. It was just you kind of toying with the idea. Yeah, And I said to you, if you show me, if you guys reconcile, I don't think I'll ever be able to be around him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then two days before, you guys picked up cameras we were at the school. Mm hmm. You showed me a video mm hmm. But I said, if you don't get out of this, someone's gonna end up dead. Yeah, and it probably will be you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was escalating so bad. And those are two different occasions. Like the ring kids you're talking about the first time, Like we had so many fights that led up to why I had to separate in the first place, like why I left in the first place, and then the whole stuff that happened two days before filming. I had already been separated for six or seven months, correct, So that like a lot of people get the timeline messed up, and I'm like, no, no, no, there was a lot of times that happened and a lot of things that happened before the separation in general. You know that led me to leave in the very first place. And it had nothing to do with Julian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I know. This was the first time way after us going cause I think it was us going to like a Christmas party. This was like two years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Do you remember also I came up to the grove and met you and Sheena and your moms. Yeah, at the grow and that's when I first told you guys, I think I'm gonna leave him. Yes, yeah, that was before I left him too.
Speaker 1: You And that's such a difficult I don't like when people talk about things like this when they haven't been placed in this situation and they say, well, if this were happening, you should have done this. Yep, there is no roadmap. Everyone's story is different. Oh h do you think that you're going to catch heat? The fact that you filed for divorce when he was in a treatment center.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because people are gonna see a lot more stuff that happens leading up to it. So there's a lot more that hasn't even aired yet that I had to that I have to go through. And I think people are gonna be like, oh, what the hell? Yeah, I don't think anybody. I think some people are gonna be like, why didn't you do it sooner? Honestly, right, you know, And if people do give me heat, I'm like, listen, it took me a long time to get where I finally had the strength to leave him in the first place. I was trying to give him like some grace while he was doing things and HOPEFU working on himself. But then you obviously see, because it's already been on the show, I was getting rage text constantly all this stuff was happening. And then there's more stuff I can't say yet because it's on the show obviously, but even more stuff that hasn't aired yet that like I had to go through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't end, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Ever, it was like almost every other day something new was happening, and you know, yeah, it took me a long time. To leave. But I did leave, and I'm like very proud of myself and I'm happy with what I did. You know, it should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no matter when you choose to leave somebody. I mean, like you said, this was a decade with this man. Yes, where some people most people, you know, because I got a lot of people saying, well, you pushed your ex on us so much, and you did this and you did that, and it's like, well, now I'm telling you that he sucked.
Speaker 2: So if you're like I changed my events, I changed my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a moment where it just kind of all makes so much sense of like I'm just done here. Yeah, And you can't pick and choose when that time come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to like hit your breaking point. And I always say, like having cruise around with all the fighting and stuff that was going on, that really brought me to my breaking point. A lot of people stay in relationships because of their kids and things like we need to stay together, we need to make it through to college and this and that, and they're like miserable their whole lives. It just got to the point where it was so toxic and so bad and my little, sweet, innocent Cruise, Like having to be around that, it like broke my heart. So my Mama bear came out and I was like, nope, like it just completely opened my eyes.
Speaker 1: Cruisy is nonverbal. Hm, I feel like that. And I'm not the mother obviously of a child who's nonverbal. But he can't tell you what he's feeling, so he kind of, I'm sure, just internalizes what's going on around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like just because he's nonverbal doesn't mean he's not taking things in and feeling all the same. And I just could not allow that to happen, Like I have to be his voice and like protect him at all costs. And that like really really was like that's with one hundred percent in my breaking point because he doesn't care to yell at me in front of anybody. And you knew that, like it didn't matter. We talked about on the after show, like it didn't matter who was around, if it was my mom, if it was my dad, if it was you guys. You know, I didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Not So he didn't care what he said to you, how he acted. He was not And that's what I always found so interesting is I'm not an expert when it comes to the broad the broadness of narcissism. But I was like, this is so wild because normally in front of people they want to put on a show, and then behind closed doors is when all hell breaks loose. But he really only cared about the audience watching him on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like social media and stuff, like he didn't care to fight with me. Like if we were having a pool party or something at the house, you didn't care then, But.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a camera there, it would be much different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, look how he traded me with cameras there.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, So that's why I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: That's just like a lot of people need to realize, like if that was on camera, think about what I dealt with all the time, you know, And I think a lot of people don't realize that. And you know, it's it does something to your brain. There's like a chemical addiction or something that I like, you have to break before you can get away. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny that you say that because I was having a conversation with a mom friend of mine the other day and she we were talking about who I you know, what my type is, who I'd be interested in dating, and I was like, it's just a wild thing that I am. So I think of all the dudes who have come into my life since my ex, and none of them are productive relationships. I am so comfortable in combative situations and having to be in fight mode that I wouldn't even know what to do if a healthy man walked into my life and it was easy.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm like, would I be the red flag now? I like, yes, Like what in the world, like, just because I've been through so much and I've got like baggage now, I feel like Jackson will like try to scare every guy a date away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, there are things that you're you're gonna have to work through. You're gonna you'll get into a relationship, I'm sure, and there's gonna be things that happen that have nothing to do with that relationship, but they trigger something in you that takes you to a place where you can't really explain it on why you're feeling that way. Yep, But I think that same thing. I'm like, I feel like I have I've done so much healing and there's so much more to do that Am I the red flag? Like, if a great guy comes into my atmosphere, am I gonna push him away? Because I'm a crazy bitch.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, I just feel like we have to protect ourselves a lot more. Now, we got a lot more to protect with our kids and with you know, everything that we have going on. I've got things I have to protect.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of a cool feeling. Yeah, when you think about where you come from, Like, did you ever in a million years think that you would be because you felt like most of the cast we talked about this on your podcast, every person that was on vander Pump Rules, we all wanted to be in the industry in some capacity, and we just found ourselves on reality TV, which it was like, fuck it, it's a camera whatever. You literally were like, I'm at a guy and I just love him, and he happens to be on this show. You know, I'll look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild. It's wild. That's something I hate whenever people try to act like I looked for Jackson, I found him out and blah blah blah blah. Absolutely not Me and Kara ride a bar. They happened to come to the same bar. I had never even watched vander Pump rules. Everybody knows this that like actually knows me right, There was nobody that would ever think I was lying about that.
Speaker 1: You just don't seem to me like someone that would camp out on the couch and watch Van.
Speaker 2: It just it wasn't my face. But you know, I've talked about this story so many times. Kara saw Katie wanted to take a photo with Katie. Katie started talking to us because we both have like thick country accents. We went to the bar to take a shot with Katie and Schwartz. That's whenever Jack's walked up to me and like got my number and stuff that night and then loved balled me from the very get go. Oh, like literally before I was even before I even left Vegas, was like saying I needed to move to La and this and that, and it just like happened so fast and like too much. Like two months later I was moving to.
Speaker 1: La I know, like, and you drove, yeah, my little Altima coop Alie the Ultima did it break down on the way or something.
Speaker 2: It started like the window wouldn't roll it for a second, and then you know I drove to Sheena's house straight to Sheena's house on the fourth of July, her parents' house. So I was it was very hot during the summer. So you're going through like Texas, New Mexico like a zoning, like all these like hot, hot, hot states, and my window was stuck down on one side, so the air conditioning would not even like work enough to cool off the car. My car started doing something weird where it wouldn't go over sixty miles per hour, and I was like, what the heck is happening. So they had to stop in this like shady little town and try to get my car fixed. So I had to stay in a hotel overnight there while they looked at my car, and then I made it the rest of the way. I was by myself too. My dad was flipping out.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would have allowed I would never allow Ocean to drive across country. I just like to be with a boy. You're tripping. Yeah. Also, when people say that you were like out here seeking Jack's out and like, let me tell you something, No, not one person on the planet would watch fander Pumptles and be like that's the winner.
Speaker 2: After the fat Cara because she had obviously watched the show. She was like, he's the bad boy. He's the bad boy. But I've always been attracted to bad boys. I've always been that girl who wants to change a man, making better. I'm like such a caretaker and like a nurturer, like I've like many of my boyfriends I took care of. Even whenever I was in high school and didn't have a job, I would like find a way to like pay for my boyfriend's haircuts or something, you know, Like that was just like who I was, you know. And whenever I moved to La, like I would take loans out because we lived in Koreatown, so I would get like parking tickets all the time. And instead of asking Jacks for money, I would like take a loan out and he wouldn't even know about it, and then I would like pay the loan off because I was working at Hooters and Sir and all this stuff, and I was catering, you know, all different events and stuff. And yeah, but people always thought like, oh, she took advantage him for his money. I was like, absolutely not. From day one, I was even buying my own flights, Like he would buy one. I would buy one. He would buy one so it was never like that. Then I was, you know, taking loans out or working a bunch and doing different jobs, like I was working like three jobs at one time once while I was here. And then we always had separate accounts, so it was always like, did you money his money?
Speaker 1: Did you have separate accounts when you got me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did as good?
Speaker 2: I never ever ever can pay God, yeah never.
Speaker 1: He would have emptied that. Yeah, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So once Cruisy, by the way, the message that you sent after Cruise's diagnosis to your family and then you sent it to me, and yeah, what was your headspace when they told you?
Speaker 2: I was expecting it, like I thought we were going to get the diagnosis. But then like whenever you get it, it just makes things a lot more real. It didn't like really change anything for me, because I mean, of course it changes things, but like whenever you're expecting that you're going to get that anyway, it's like it's almost a relief because you know what's going on, and you know like Okay, now I have a plan and I have to start doing this, and I have to do this and blah blah blah, and like I could start advocating and I can start, you know, doing different things to help him that maybe I wasn't sure where I needed to go before.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, It makes total sense you saying, you know, with you being a hustler from the very beginning, and you know you would split things with Jacks, I can't help but think that all of those things that you went through it was kind of teeing you up to be in the position that you're in now, where yeah, you really are the only person that's taking care of Cruisy on every level emotionally, financially, on top of being a voice. I mean, how do you educate yourself? Do you speak with his therapist and they're telling you are you researching on your own?
Speaker 2: I'm definitely researching on my own. I follow like every single autism awareness page that you can on social different social media's and that's very helpful for me. I've had a lot of moms reach out to me and like I communicate with them, and I'm going to like really try to get involved with different charities and stuff this year. Like that's gonna be like one of my main focuses. But yeah, I'm always learning. But also, like he goes to speech there and OT twice a week every week, so I go, like, he's there right now. So I'm not there, but I make sure he's there no matter what, like he does not miss OT and speech. But normally I go and I sit in there with the therapist so I'm learning everything that they're doing and so that I could take it home and practice the same things that they're practicing with him while he's there. And he is thriving, like he is doing so well.
Speaker 1: I don't even believe like the change since he's been doing all of this work. Yes, I mean, he's such a beautiful and happy little boy. I mean, we all know how Jackson is, but you guys made a very beautiful yeah Son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Always say that's the best thing that Jax will ever do. Me too, though, you know, he's like so amazing and he's so sweet and he's so good, Like it's he's just he's loving and it's weird because yeah, he's nonverbal, but like I know everything he needs, like we're like connected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're his mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just like, oh my gosh, I just love him so much. But he's doing so well. His eye contact and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Is just that's what's so much better. Yeah, he makes complete eye contacts and to see like he and Ocean were fully playing on the day. Yeah, yeah, which I thought was adorable. How will we explain to our kids, because you know, the other day, Cruisy was it's called stemming, right, yeah, yeah, and Ocean came up to you and she goes, oh, my gosh, he's acting so crazy.
Speaker 2: Well she was. She said, why isn't he talking?
Speaker 1: Oh, she said, she said that at Mother's Day? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And Mother's Day she goes, she goes, why is it Cruisy talking? And I said, I said he will, he'll talk eventually. I said, his brain just works a little different than yours, but he will start talking eventually. And she goes, okay and gave him like a big hug.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So she was really.
Speaker 1: Sweet because I wonder how we talk to our kids and they have a child who's autistic in their class. Yeah, it's hard to break down to a four year.
Speaker 2: Old, it is. So there are a lot of different things I've seen on social media, and I should, honestly just send it to the group chat for our school so that like other parents and some of the parents have reached out to me asking how they should talk to their kids about, you know, crewise and stuff, and I appreciate that more than they'll ever know. But there's like so many different ways that you can like talk about it. And there's also like Sesame Street is starting to have characters with autism, Oh really and yeah, so that you can like let them watch like that episode, like I think the character's name is Julia, and it like really talks about how they can play together different things like that. So inclusion matters so much. And they're starting to like include all these characters that have autism, a nonverbal and all these different things. And it's amazing because then it shows other people how they can play with them, like how sometimes they might need their space, how you know, you have to like kind of follow their lead a little bit. Like I think the Ocean is really good about not trying to force him to play or do something that like he doesn't want to do. She like follows his lead, and you know, she doesn't always have to do that, but she's like really good at doing that, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's.
Speaker 2: So sweet with him, and so is Summer. You know. I heard one of the parents that I follow on social media. She was, you know, talking to a class room and she was like talking about autism, and she was like, she said something about like how I wish I could quote it directly, but I'll have to send you the link after this. But she was talking about how, like you know, kids with autism, they just their brains just work a little bit differently. They're born that way, just like you were born with brown eyes and you were born with blue eyes, Like that's just how they were born. And she was like explaining it like that, and it was it was just very inspiring. She said other things as well. So I'll make sure I send that link out.
Speaker 1: I would love to see that because there's so much that goes on in the world now where I don't really know how to talk to Ocean about it. Like I had Gigi Gorgeous on the podcast a few months ago, and it was brought up because Jared came over and he was in full glam before the Paris HILLTI and you know, Ocean had never seen Jared with makeup on. So she came up and was like, Mommy, Jared's here and he has a lot of makeup on his face. I'm scared, and I was like, that's so wild because I've never said anything like this is her genuine feeling, So how do I now take this and make it a teachable moment? And the other day she had two barbies and it was a Cinderella barbie and Teana. She goes, this one's black and this one's white and they kiss because girls can kiss too. Yes, that's exactly right. Gigi was saying, like they just say what they're what they're seeing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And it is something where when you know Cruisey is doing his thing, how do I teach Ocean to give him his space? Because she's very much about the why of things. She wants to know why is he wearing makeup? Why can he wear a dress? And it's it's not coming from an ill place, their church, their babies.
Speaker 2: I think hate is taught. So like, you know, if you're you're doing a great job with trying to like open her eyes to be inclusive with everybody, and that's what parents should be doing.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying, Brittany, Yeah, it is terrifying to be responsible for children where you're like, oh, I'm responsible for making you a nice human being. To go out into the world and be productive and then I like looking in there sometimes or I'll watch band. I'm not supposed to be doing this. What am I doing?
Speaker 2: You're doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Made me a parent? Is is Jack's hands on with like does he know what to do when Cruisey is at his house?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no, Like I very much take the reins whenever, even whenever he's over there, like all right, tell him what to pack and his lunch ball because his backpack. I pack everything the night before and send it with him. He doesn't stay there very often. He's probably stayed there like maybe six times, yes, or seven times overall, and that's been for a very long time, so you know, he's always with me. But Jax does a good job with like wanting to see him and visit him and stuff like that. And if I need to go do something, I can normally count on him to like watch him and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: But when it comes like groceries or anything, like I'm sending lists and you know, making sure that he has everything that he possibly needs.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I wonder is this just like a man thing? Because I still get messages from my ex and it's like, what does she like to eat what is she? Yeah, and because we're not fond of our baby days, it's.
Speaker 2: Like what a fucking d know? But I'm like, oh, how can you not know? But I also took care of everything while we were together.
Speaker 1: Right, so then he like is lost anyways? Yeah, like he knows how to cut the grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now I have turf, so so I don't really need it.
Speaker 1: No one needs to be cutting the grass anymore, no anybody.
Speaker 2: I hired a landscaper.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: So my my flowers are looking better than ever. Honestly changed all the landscaping out and it's like beautiful, they're blooming right now.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's like your safe space. Yeah, did you sage it yet?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, Kristen has a couple of times. Yeah, you know, I don't really know much about that stuff.
Speaker 1: She's very into it. Yeah, so we're running along again.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god, that's my life easier.
Speaker 1: One person to check off your list. You I got many more.
Speaker 2: To go, but at least, yeah, you guys are checked off.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're ready to date or are you just ready to like fuck.
Speaker 2: Both? Sometimes? You know, it's been over a year that i've been separated and might divorce will be final any day hopefully really so yeah, like fingers crossed, I don't really like being single.
Speaker 1: Partnership.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I get like lonely, But then again, I do have a lot of things I need to work on still and I need to heal from things. But again, people are watching The Valley right now, which was last summer. I've grown even more of course since that that aired, you know, a lot stronger within myself. But I'm having fun. I have a crush, nothing serious, but yeah, we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this. I think we talked about this on the after show. It has been two years, maybe even more than that, that I've been intimate with a man.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that, can you believe?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: The last time I bumped peeps was I think this is how I gauge it. It was the weekend before Ocean's birthday party. Wow, so was March of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that not the craziest shit ever?
Speaker 2: That's been a minute, Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: And then I got pregnant the following November, and I'm like, I worry that I'm going to be so comfortable with being single and in my routine that I will not be able to find anybody because I'm like, well this is kind of lit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you'll find somebody. I think it'll happen whenever it's meant to happen, just with me, Like I'm not in a rush, yeah, by any mains, but like I do like being with somebody. You know, Yeah, it's fun, but it doesn't it's not what I'm revolving my life around. Like I feel like I'm a bad bitch right now. I'm taking care of everything. Isn't a house myself? Like it's it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like you said, like a man anything, No, but that's a good place to be in where like the person who comes into your life is really going to have to add because you're not looking for anything. You don't need a man financially exactly, emotionally, you know, you've been through a lot to where you're I'm sure thinking, like I really don't need you for that either, exactly.
Speaker 2: I just want somebody that like makes me laugh, is a good time, respects me, is nice to me, like actually treats me like I'm supposed to be treated and you know, obviously loves my family, loves my son. Eventually, like that's nothing that's gonna happen from the start, Like it will take me a long time to ever have anybody around Cruise. But whoever eventually is in my life will have to be like in love with him.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, when when would that be? Like how would you know when it's time to introduce a man to Cruise?
Speaker 2: Well, legally because I put it in my divorce papers, yeah, that Jacks can't have a female or a somebody that they're dating. And I can't have somebody that I'm dating around Cruise unless it's been over six months and we talked to each other about it. Yeah, And I wanted to make sure that that was written in ink because I know Jackson is just like going around town. Me and Jack's have been very different since the separation, Like you don't see me out with guys in the public, and you don't see like headlines and stuff like that about me private. Yeah, So I just wanted to make sure that that was something very safe, Like Cruise doesn't deserve to have people in and out of his life like that, So I wanted to make sure that that was like very clear. Again, I don't even know if six months would be enough. I think it would be just something that you would have to like really feel like, is this person going to be around or not?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's gonna be hard for you with Jacks because unless he makes a huge change in his life, there's going to be women who are around for a significant amount of time. Mm hmm better than out And I kind of had to be okay with that. When it comes to Ocean, is that she's going to see much younger women with her dad and they'll be around for a long period of time until the girl gets fed up and leaves him, because he would.
Speaker 2: Never leave a chick.
Speaker 1: But there's already one teed up to bring in the next round. So I feel like I'm overcompensating. And now Ocean's asking me, like last night she was playing the piano and I was with Sosa, and she goes pretend like, so says your boyfriend, and this is your wedding and I'm playing the piano and then you guys kiss. Like oh, now she's asking me.
Speaker 2: Like, why don't you have a boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And she said the other day she said, mom, are you ever going to get a boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said, do you want mommy to get a boyfriend? She goes, yes, I would like that, And then I could see her wheels turning, and she goes, mom, what if your boyfriend is not nice to me? Oh? I said, then I wouldn't be with him. You're the judge. You're the one that tells Mommy, like I like him, you can keep him around, and if you don't like him, he's gone. And she goes, Okay, so if I don't like him, I'm just gonna say I don't like you. Next, I was like, this is a wild so funny. Now she's thinking her mom's like a boring square, Like yo, cause you get a boyfriend, bring someone else the boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious. She is so funny. I love that little girl.
Speaker 1: So it would you'd have to go with your gut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have to croize my gut, but it definitely it would take a while before I would, you know, have somebody around him, and then yeah, go with my gut. And then if they didn't like vibe or whatever, then see you.
Speaker 1: Was it hard to sleep with someone new?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It was easy. Yeah, it was just like whatever, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I was treated so badly and I had lost all my confidence. So it was like having somebody give me attention and make me feel good, like was great. You know I needed that at that time. You know, there were things like I didn't like about my body and different things that you know, I had been putting down and putting down about so many times. But there have been out there who do not care and they love you and they just you know, they love your.
Speaker 1: Body and like a womanly body.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was made to feel like I was like imperfect for a very long time after having my son, and you know, it was great to have somebody that made me feel good.
Speaker 1: I like the guy who you fell straight on your ass out of the shower and you guys laughed and he still wanted to be with you after.
Speaker 2: I hate too in the shower butt neked and you slipped like you it was like I like slipped on a banana pill like whoo, went straight back and he was gonna like hit my head. Oh so it was so embarrassing. But then the way that we laughed about it was like so cute.
Speaker 1: Get you a man where you can fall buck neked but around. He laughed about it, and he's like, come here, let me put it in. Oh my gosh. She's like, I've never been so turned on. By the way. Then, God, you didn't get a concussion.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: See that's how I know I'm a square. It's like, you're like, hey, it's so funny. I'm like, oh my god, did you call nine one one? Well?
Speaker 2: In my head like somehow like I didn't hit my head, like I laid it on my back but kept my head up or something.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was like trying to catch me, and he was like I thought it was gonna be bad, but you like somehow didn't hit your head. And I was just like, don't look at me. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I like it, and I like him. He's talented. Yeah, FORM going to move on before. I spelled way too much this season of The Valley I we talked about this when it first came out the teaser. Yeah, and you were like, I feel like they could have put so many other things into it. And I know that I know that feeling of getting married to your story. Yeah, and then you're like, why was this cut? And I love that they showed you still having fun and still being like the lighthearted Brittany that we all came to love, like from Kentucky, just like happy to be here.
Speaker 2: I think they did a good job with that all season, because yeah, there's a lot of hard stuff to come, but I was still like going out with my girls, having fun, laughing about a lot of stuff. Like there's a lot of ups and downs the entire season, and I know the Valley can be really dark at times, but it's like what we were actually going through ran We're not hiding stuff, and that's like why people can relate to what's going on, especially in my life.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's a very dark season, but like, what do you want you guys to do start pretending like everything's all good. I mean, like you said, this is what you guys are going through, and I do feel that so much has changed since you guys filmed that. Come your guys's next season, you will have the lighthearted moment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think next season is going to be, hopefully knock on Wood a lot better for me because, like I said, I'm in such a better place and I have moved on like big time, and I think I was so struggling a lot last this season, so it'll be interesting to see how next summer goes.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it's a setback when you have to when you watch it and then like, I don't know how you are with the comment section, but like if you allow yourself to go into the comment section, is it a set back?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Yeah, And like my team will be like, Brittany, for your mental health, don't look at that stuff. That's not who you are. Everyone's allowed to have down moments and or you know, good moments and blah blah blah, and it's so up and down. There's a lot more people that are supporting me that are like hating on me or doing whatever, so they'll, you know, they'll definitely be like, do you want me to send you like all the good comments so that you'll just see that, you know, that would be excellent. I just I'm such a people pleaser, so I don't like when people don't like me. That's just how my personality is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought it was very refreshing this this uh season so far, especially when you guys were in Santa Barbara, Yeah, and you got annoyed and it was like, I share my whole life, and I feel like other people aren't. And then Nia says, because you're going through a hard time, yeah, you have to project onto me yep, And I'm like, no, not at all. It's this is a reality television show and everyone needs to show up and share their fucking life or else you make this really un fun and very hard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people in my comments about that were trying to be like pretty just jealous, blah blah blah. I was like no, I was talking about this one specific day where I saw different things leading up to it, which they did show some of it on the show, like they showed like the fights and this and that, and I love Nia, I want the best of you them, but I'm not. That had nothing to do with jealousy and had to.
Speaker 1: Do with such a lazy excuse people.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of things and I was like no, guys like no. And also like a lot of people thought that I was like either jealous or that like I cared that Danny was drinking. I did not care. We would be the last Yeah, I would have been the last person that carried I cared because I thought that day that there was a lot of things that were being hidden and it was just that day. I love them. I think they're great. If they want to handle their business how they want to handle it, good for them. But I was also going through the hardest time of my wife being raised checks. At twenty four to seven, you hit your breaking point, Yeah, I just hit my breaking point. And there was other people that were feeling the same way. So whenever we talked about it, it just kind of like, yeah, it got bubbled up and made into a much bigger deal than I ever wish it would me in New York. Great, this was last summer.
Speaker 1: I know, I know good.
Speaker 2: It was just that one night. And I'm allowed to have bad days and moments where I.
Speaker 1: Get enough if none of you have bad days, Yeah, I have good days. I don't want to fucking watch it exact Cress canceled, and a lot of.
Speaker 2: People I'm a mean girl, and I'm like, I'm nowhere near a mean girl, Like come on, Like, I'm allowed to have an off moment in the hardest time of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's going to be moments this season for anybody where something that happens is literally just the cherry on top of like all the other shit that someone's going through exactly, I think exactly, And honestly, I didn't feel like it was a projection at all. I've been a part of filming a show and when people aren't showing up and being authentic, it's like, fuck you all, you're making this really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean people that actually are on TV get it. I guess you know, because it's a more of a thing like that. But you know, I just I hated how big it got. But it was also just like at that point we were all just like like we.
Speaker 1: All thoroughly were watching about I feel like, whenever there's a scene, I.
Speaker 2: Just like, yeah, hit my breaking point, and I was just like enough, guys, if I'm gonna share everything, then please just share everything too. That's all that it was.
Speaker 1: I get it. And you're is it hard filming with a cast that's so brand new because you've been in this for many years and you and I both came on to a show where people were very very well seasoned, and it came to filming a reality TV show. Now you're the ogs and you're dealing with people who've never done this before.
Speaker 2: They actually I mean that one little night with Danny and Niya. I got upset. Yeah, but I feel like everybody's doing such a great job, Like everybody's bringing it, you know, Yes, and they all surprised me, honestly.
Speaker 1: Were you hesitant going into season one being like, how is this gonna go? Or did you even think about it?
Speaker 2: I didn't really think about that much because they are all my actual friends, so it kind of makes it easier. Rightever, you're all actually friends, you know, So were you nervous.
Speaker 1: About that because you're, like, I actually like you guys, And when you add the element of filming a reality TV show, things can go south and friendships can end pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is nerve wracking. I hope that people don't change the more like popular the show gets and stuff like that. Would be devastating if like people's like personalities started to change. Especially I don't feel like it that they.
Speaker 1: Have no I season really going to see Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, because I put all these people's names on a list to be on the show in the first place, because I actually love them all, And I would be devastated if like something happened just because like personality change or their egos got too big or this and that, and like, I try my best to never change and say true to who I am, and I just hope that everybody does that, And so far, everybody's doing amazing well.
Speaker 1: I said to Janet when she first started filming in the season one had aired, which I didn't watch season one, but I said, my hope for you is that you always stay who you are, because you're so fun and so care free that I don't want this world to kind of make you feel like you have to have your guard up at all exactly.
Speaker 2: And I don't want that for any of my friends that are on there, you know, yeah, because they're all such amazing people and that would like break my heart. But I'm just praying that they won't, that that won't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even Jesse, who's kind of like a little douche. I so enjoy watching him on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't think that he's letting it go to his head too much. I think he naturally is like that. But I think that he's doing a good job.
Speaker 1: I think you guys are all killing it, And you know what, I don't know what the filming process was like for you guys, but I do think that you're all carrying your way. Yeah. I'm so happy you came on the podcast. Thanks for having me, Thank you, my love. Thank you guys so much for listening to another episode of Give Them All That Podcast. I'm gonna catch you guys next week. Bye bye,