Speaker 1: Welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR pre Show eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven the Clark's Poppinshot phone line. It is Tuesday, March the fourth. It can be your whiskey thief call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six. Ksrpre Show being brought to you by Italics. Find Italian donning in Lexington. That is where Billy our sports is. I am over here in Louisville and Billy it is Fat Tuesday. That means I get to, uh does eat all the food that I wanted to be a complete hog today? Right like I can set the diet aside and enjoy Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Sounds like every day here in America. Shannon, It's it's good to see you. I know every day has a name now, But what's the purpose of fat Tuesday? It just makes us feel better for eating that piece of cake.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a part of Marty Gras, right.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, all right, I didn't know. I didn't know the Marty gross schedule. But it is Taco Week. It Poppies Mexican restaurant. But you're telling me that it's Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess you won't be you won't be partaking then, right.
Speaker 3: No myself in the studio tonight because we wrap up the regular season or we wrap up the last game at Rapparena tonight. But no, I hope you would indulge and uh and have a good time on Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead. I was going to say. The thing is about like over indulging.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about this before we came on the air. You were supposed to come work out with me this Friday after the corn Bread Hemp remote in Louisville, and you're you're backing.
Speaker 1: Out on no, no, no, which is fine.
Speaker 3: I get up backing out. You got don't want to make it clear to the nation that I have to work the women's basketball game you have Friday, So I got to get back to Lexington to do that immediately. Shannon's We've got to postpone our workout.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Okay, I just want to make sure backing out I think postoning. Do you think he saw some of my workout videos and we're like, I'm not getting myself into this. Oh yeah, let me volunteer to work the women's game. That way, I don't have to work out with it.
Speaker 3: Shan, Well, let me let me tell the people what you said immediately after I said that, and you were like, Oh, I don't know, Billy, I just graduated to this new workout problem or program.
Speaker 1: We'll have a problem a little bit more way. It is a problem.
Speaker 3: It is a problem sharing the dude. You step up in weight class, it gets a little harder, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It does, it does.
Speaker 2: It's workout stuff, man, It's uh, it's it's fine for a while, But sticking to us the hard part. And then you know, trying to eat reasonable and not just eat like a madman after that and put it.
Speaker 1: All back on that's the hardest part after.
Speaker 3: Even harder on fat Tuesday. But I can imagine you just want to get out of the house so you don't have to hear Sarah's very small.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That was the big topic yesterday, the sexual fantasy audio books.
Speaker 1: I call it audio porn. It's what it is.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I were listening to this out loud, I would get shamed. Somehow, she gets away with it and it's totally okay in her mind. That you know, she's listening to the the Lockness Monster. Lock and Key, I think is what it was called. I had to look it up last night. It's it's this audio book about a lockness monster.
Speaker 1: I guess it.
Speaker 2: It turns in to a man during the day and then at night turns back into the locknest monster, or maybe it's vice versa. I don't know what time of day it turns back into a human and what time it turns into a locknest monster. But it's this romance fantasy about a woman who falls in love and marries the lockness Monster. And I'm going, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard of my life. Yet every time I walk into my kitchen, I have to hear it out loud. Anytime I jump into her car, her phone, which is automatically synced to her car radio, starts right in the middle of a locking key of this woman making out with the locknest monster.
Speaker 1: And I'm going, you have got to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: You make fun of me for listening to wrestling podcast and you're listening to Lockness' audio porn is basically what it is. It's crazy, Billy. I didn't know it was that popular. I thought maybe I was the only guy that was dealing with this. Apparently it's a thing that's keeping Like I guess Barnes and Nobles afloat these days because people are still buying these audio books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, what are they doing in that reading area in the back of Barnes and no, Oh my gosh, it's all the very smutt You know, I understand the vampires, and I can even get behind were wolves, but how did we jump to lockness monster Shannon? I mean, what part of that is is sexy? Like I'm not understanding.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't either, but you know, we're not women. Maybe we don't get it. Maybe it's not made for us clearly right. And then the other one was the Mothman. It it wasn't called I Banged the Mothman. I had to look at it.
Speaker 1: It was called it was called I Married the moth Man. You can look this up, man.
Speaker 2: This is a this is a real thing that exists out there in the world. And I can't believe that people actually listen to it. And I can't believe that I have to listen to it, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not I got to look up I married a moth man.
Speaker 2: Here it is I married a moth man, or I'm getting married to the moth man. It's another book.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm getting married to the moth man. Look, I mean it's.
Speaker 1: Fine with It's not fine.
Speaker 3: No, Listen when the fiance reads fifty Shades of Gray in the other room and I don't have to be involved. I think it's fine. I think we could all have our fantasies. But when you're subjected to hearing what the moth man is getting married to or what the Lockness Monster's turning into it, you know, that's when we cross the line. Shannon, you need to stay in your ground here. I'm not sure what the solution is, but it feels a little cruel that you have to kind of just linger and listen to everything that's happening. But it sounds like she's just playing it full blast in the call. She is it's while you guys are going down to Gatlinburg.
Speaker 2: Or it's like on Alexa and it's blasting like on the loudest it will go. And I'm going, could you like maybe grab some headphones or something and like, you know, listen to that in your own time, or I don't have to hear this too, like I have to leave the room.
Speaker 1: I just get uncomfortable hearing it.
Speaker 3: I'm going, wow, he put the handcuffs on tighter on pentacles.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, it's graphic. It is graphic. And I didn't even know it was a thing until recently. And now I'm hearing all of these audiobooks.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. Also that Matt rolled on one thing.
Speaker 2: Listening to an audio book does not count as I read a book. Like I said yesterday, if this were book it and you listen to an audio book, they're not going to give you the personal pan pizza for listening to four audio books.
Speaker 1: You got to read the book. You got to pick it up.
Speaker 3: I can't read system and get my personal pain.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, unless you're like unable to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I don't want to exclude the people who are unable to, you know, to read for whatever reason. It might be right, But I think that listening to an audio book does not count as Oh yeah, I read ten books this month already because I listened to Lock and Key and I married the moth Man.
Speaker 1: That doesn't count.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. I think you have to digest it for yourself, right, like you have to I think read the words on the paper or on the kindle or whatever the former medium might be. But listening to it, it's just like a podcast, right. You can just sit there and do other things, and that's the benefit, right, I mean I can do the dishes well listening to the book audio, But reading it's a different process, Shannon. You know, you may read a book written by Matt Jones. You may get halfway through it and then lose it. You know, if you had a podcast audio, you could just find your phone and be able to listen to it. So it's there's other steps that you would definitely have to take if you're going to read a book. And I always enjoy these topics because we always ask, like Ryan, what's the last book that you read, and then he's got like maybe the same three that he's read since since grade school. Yeah, I do love answers.
Speaker 1: I'm not much better.
Speaker 2: I'm not really I would other I mean honestly, I mean we're making fun of it, but I would ether have somebody read me the audio.
Speaker 1: Version of it.
Speaker 2: Then you have to sit there and pick up a book, because you know, I'm a busy guy, Billy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've heard you know, I got a lot going on here.
Speaker 2: So if I can listen to the book while I am you know, picking up around the house or you know, in the summer, mowing the lawn, if I can have that on. I can't be reading a book while I'm trying to mow the grass. You can't do that. You're going to be all over the place. But if I can listen to it, you know I can. I can be down with that. I just can't sit down and read a book.
Speaker 3: Well, if I hear you listening to I'm getting married to moth and moth man, I'm going to be judging you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Just you know, no, nor you if you ever like over here you jump in my car and I'm married a moth man is on this beat you have. I mean, I'm giving you a complete leeway to just slap me in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like wake me up and go like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: That's fair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, married to moth man. It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's talk about Let's talk about Kentucky and l s U. Tonight, it's seven o'clock ESPN two, It's Senior Night, Billy, And you know, I guess I didn't. I've realized it, but just forgot about how many quote unquote seniors this team has.
Speaker 1: This is a really experienced old.
Speaker 2: Team that we have tonight. We got a lot of guys that are gonna be walking. You got Kubbe, Brea, Angeley Aminar, Well, my Butler, Andrew Carr, Amari Williams all will be taking part in Senior Night tonight.
Speaker 1: Kirk Kriesa will not, though, So does.
Speaker 2: That maybe lead you to believe that he's going to get that medical red shirt and come back next year?
Speaker 3: I do, because I believe Mark Pope alluded to this on his show last night. Instead of like the Senior Night dinner that everybody had, he kind of called it the exhausted Eligibility dinner, and Kerr Crisa was not invited to it. Shannon, So, I think signs are pointing to the medical red shirt for Kerr. But I think the question is is there a spot on Kentucky's team next year for him?
Speaker 1: Oh, we can make a spot for him, you think, so, Oh yeah, yeah for kerk Cresa, Come on, that guy.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's getting a little crowded in the Henhouse when it comes to guards and want to leave yourself in a position where you can go to the transfer portal and get some experience. You're already bringing some freshmen in as well and some returning like o Way and Kerr. So you know, I don't know. I think there's definitely a chance that I mean, he plays college basketball somewhere else. But all the indications by Mark Pope is that, uh, there's a reason why he's not going through these ceremonies. It's because we expect the guy back. So I mean a silver lining if you're looking at it that way. But I just can't believe the seasons was over.
Speaker 1: I know it that flew by happen quick.
Speaker 2: Of course, we got former cat Damian Collins coming back to Ropperina. You know, it didn't work out too well when the former players that are now at Arkansas came into rupp Aerena. Do you think that there's any struggle tonight with LSU or do you think that Kentucky just gets a feel good, easy win. I think the points spread will probably be around eleven or twelve.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think it's time out of twelve did a good call there, Okay, I hadn't seen it. Ye, you know Aaron Bradshaw another one that Kentucky struggled with in Ohio State, so maybe there is a little revenge factor there for Damien. I'm rooting for Damien man if you remember, his father passed away when he was at Kentucky, went through some struggles, you know, moved to get a little bit closer to home, and after suffering a red shirt ear due to injury, he's now back and playing well, averaging over eight points the game. So I'm rooting for him. Always would have a big dunk or a highlight play when he did have some minutes at Kentucky, So I'm excited for him to come back. I think he'll get some love from the fan base. But no, it's I don't think La Shoe beats Kentucky. I know the Cats looked rattled in their last game, maybe the moment was too big for them, But this game is just too important that Kentucky has to win, right. I mean, if you're trying to get that that single buy in the SEC tournament, you want to stay on that like eight seed line, and you don't want to drop past to four, you've got to beat Oh yeahsu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think that's that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like if you if you win tonight, you're probably you probably feel pretty good about getting that first round by you know, even if you go one and one, even if you lose to Missouri, you go oh and two, then yeah, you're you're definitely possibly going to be playing on on Wednesday of the tournament. But I think you win tonight, you're at least an eight seed in the SEC tournament. So you got you got that game that you need to get to know you that's you know, we've said must win a lot. I feel like this year it's not a must win. But you know, if you're talking about the SEC Tournament not wanting to play on Wednesday, I think it is a.
Speaker 3: Must not a must win. Maybe I can't lose, Shannon. I mean, it's it's one that Kentucky has to get, especially since they've lost seven of their last twelve games.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Have they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't realize seven out of twelve twelve. I mean, you put it that way, it sounds really bad.
Speaker 3: I mean they had, you know, a surprise win versus Tennessee, I think, and then you have that big win versus Oklahoma that makes you forget about it. But yeah, I mean this team is just it's been a shell of themselves and they haven't had their full roster since I believe the Clemson game earlier this year, Shannon. So it's every team deals with injuries. It can't be an excuse, and Mark Pope always is the one to say that it isn't in a press conference. But boy, you look back and you think, I mean, man, how many years in a row is Kentucky gonna lose a guy to injury like that? And we've just had more than one this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know LSU, I mean they they're towards the bottom of the standings. They may actually be all we No, South Carolina only has two winths, so LSU coming in at three and thirteen in the conference. They've had a few games though that they've played, you know, some really good teams. Close the Old Miss game, I think they only lost by a couple of points.
Speaker 3: I think they beat Arkansas earlier in the year, had a win versus Oklahoma recently.
Speaker 2: They've got four players out tonight too, So we're talking about Kentucky being banged up.
Speaker 1: They got four guys out for tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one guy with a tear, he's out for the year, and then three others on the list, two of them being pretty consistent scorer. So LSU going through the same issues, but on Senior Night, I'm expecting up to be rocking. Man. You know, Kentucky is in Big Blue Nations, shown out not only football but basketball crowds this year I thought have been great. Shannon, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I feel like in the last couple of years we've kind of been critical of the rough crowd. But you know, we kind of talked about this last Friday on KSR that you know, what do you think that it is that has revitalized this fan base?
Speaker 1: And I think it's Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: I think the higher and you know, a fresh new team coming in. I think that has really energized our fan base. I think that's translated to rupp Arena being a much better environment, being louder than what it.
Speaker 1: Has in years past. I feel like fans kind of got into.
Speaker 2: That complacency filling, you know, with with Caliperi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and nostalgia is a powerful thing. You bring back one of your own you, you replicate the bust scene and you've got the title coming out. I mean that that did feel like a revival moment for many. You know Mark Popetti's call in show last night, and I think that goes a long way with the fan base and just you know, speaking directly and the way he talks to fans. We've talked about that before. And my favorite answer from him last night was when he was asked about the Belts and the Alburn players celebrating afterwards, and he said he pretty much had the shan of the dude answer that if you don't want guys celebrating, win the game.
Speaker 2: There you go. I mean, I love that answer. I mean, don't don't complain about a team celebrating on your court or in football, on your field, planning a flag at midfield.
Speaker 1: When you lost. I mean, you had a chance to beat them. You didn't. You get your butt Carroll.
Speaker 3: You had you had this, you know, forty minutes.
Speaker 2: So if you get your butt kicked, then you got to deal with the taunting and the celebration that the other team might bring.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If this team doesn't come out tonight playing like their hairs on fire. After you got the proverbial and literal butt kicking against Auburn on your home floor this past Saturday, and with it being senior night, if you don't come out on fire tonight, I'm concerned about this team moving forward because that's right because at this point, like you know, you got kicked in the crotch on Saturday, how are you gonna respond?
Speaker 1: You're gonna lay down?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get up and punch somebody in the face. That's what they got to do tonight against LSU eight five nine two twenty two eighty seven. We'll take your phone calls coming up next and a whole lot more. Maybe we'll talk some more fantasy smut. I think that would probably drove up our maybe our female listenership.
Speaker 3: We got to get it back up after I ruined the ratings.
Speaker 1: That's true, that is true.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. It is the KSR pre Show. It is the KSR pre Show. Eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven. Mariah Carey, Right, there's Mariah Carey. Like does she still tour? Like I feel like we bring her out around Christmas time? She sings all I want for Christmas is you. It gets played about a million times, and then I don't ever hear anything about Mariah Carey, like outside of December.
Speaker 3: That's right, she goes back into hibernation. Yeah, after December. I think I feel like she did like a New Year's Eve performance and she was caught lip syncing.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I think it was actually like an iHeart thing or maybe not. I don't know, but it was, yes, she did. She did like a New Year's Eve thing and she was lip syncing.
Speaker 3: You just can't hit that high note anymore.
Speaker 1: And I don't understand the whole thing about lip syncing.
Speaker 2: It's because, like you know, clearly, like at the super Bowl, they lip sync and everybody's cool with that, and then other times, like Millie Vanille, it ruined their career for lip syncing, right, or if somebody else that was actually singing I think actually recorded those songs, that wasn't even those two guys.
Speaker 1: But it's like sometimes we're cool with lip syncing and other times we aren't.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand, like, Okay, so we're cool with it if you lip sync at the Macy's Day Parade or the super Bowl, but outside of those two times, if you lip sync, your career is over.
Speaker 3: Well, let's ask the lead singer of a rock band. I mean, in what situation would it be acceptable for Shannon the Dude to lip sync? I mean probably if you're doing a bunch of dance moves. Well, yeah, changing on sets and song to song, right, I mean not if you're you're at banners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure, not right.
Speaker 2: I guess like if you have to do it at the super Bowl and it's known ahead of time, then that then it's fine. I guess Macy's Day Parade, like all those singers and stuff. I think all of that stuff, for most of it, anyway, is lip SYNCD. Because they say they have to do.
Speaker 1: It like that.
Speaker 3: I'd rather hear them heavy breathing. I would too, man like, so I don't give me what you got.
Speaker 2: I think maybe you know, if you can't pull it off of the super Bowl and you have to do it lip sync and it's known ahead of time, I guess that's okay.
Speaker 1: But other than that is never acceptable to lip sync.
Speaker 3: Like some people like sing along with the track, and I think that that probably garnishes some respect.
Speaker 2: I would say, like ninety percent of bands that are professional have a backing track of some sort that plays.
Speaker 3: Is that right? That's pretty high?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I would say like, if you're a professional band, you've got like a sound guy throwing in backing vocals to you know, thicking up the sound is just you know what, technology being what it is now, it's just too easy to do it, and for a lot of bands no reason not to.
Speaker 3: Well, like sometimes you go to these concerts and people are like, that's not how it sounds on the album, and I'm like, good, yeah, I want to hear yeah, you know, them actually singing or maybe a different version or not here to listen to the album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe you you know, you don't sing a note perfectly. That's part of the live show, especially rock man. Rock and roll is not supposed to be perfect.
Speaker 3: Or you've taken too many fireball shots and you're starting to slur your words a little bit.
Speaker 2: He talking about me, Oh no, no, no, no, in general, Hey, all right, So tonight Kentucky LSU ESPN two. Let's hope that ESPN two doesn't have any boxed fans that catch fire in their truck and we're able actually to watch the end of this game.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I was going down the rabbit hole last night, Billy, trying to find, like what were the worst like technical difficulties that we've had in sports, and I haven't really found a whole lot of them. I think that that game on Saturday against Auburn may have been the worst technical difficulties that we've had, like in a sporting of it. To why you didn't get to see the end of the game, like the last the last twelve minutes of the game weren't even broadcasted usually.
Speaker 3: Anything like it. Yeah, to be honest with you, but you're saying you looked at like sports in general.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just trying to find just I guess, really just in general, like technical difficulties stuff like the biggest one that comes to mind. Okay, and I don't know if you have ever heard about this, but there was a Chicago TV station that somehow got hacked and Max Headroom.
Speaker 1: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: This is like a thing from the eighties, So this is a long time ago. Max Headroom is like this, I guess the best way to describe it was like the first computerized like digital TV presenter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm looking at them here now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, somebody hacked a Chicago TV station and had like a Max Headroom mask on and did all kinds of crazy stuff. Like it was just like it was really creepy. You can look at this up on YouTube, by the way, like it still exists. I don't know if you can pull it up right now while we're doing the show. Maybe do it during the break. But somebody dressed up as Max Headroom hacked the TV station in Chicago and like just took it over, just took the station over for like, oh like ten minutes or something like that, and they were able to, I think eventually bring the TV station back on ten minutes later. But then later that night, during like the late news, the same person came in and like hacked the TV station again, took it off the air.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how.
Speaker 2: You would hack a TV station, especially back in the nineties I think was when this happened.
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking at it right now, and I'm pulling up the video here. It already looks bizarre. Yeah, little it's creepy.
Speaker 1: It is creepy.
Speaker 3: They're going to climb out of my television set and start chasing me around my living room, talk about some nightmare fuel. Back in nineteen eighty seven, I guess the first thing that comes to mind with technical difficulties in sports was the Super Bowl. If you remember the.
Speaker 1: Ers, the blackout, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: All the lights turn off. I mean, nobody knew what was happening, and you got to think it's probably a nervous moment if you're in that stadium and something like that happens, but not a ton of take me off the air and it never comes back. You missed the end of the game. It's amazing that luckily that game wasn't close against Auburn, or they would have been a real uproar.
Speaker 2: You're probably not old enough to remember this, but for some of like Kentucky Basketball's preseason games and like the are non conference games that were like against I don't know, like Morehead State, A lot of times you would have to watch the game on tape delay so they wouldn't show it live. You had to watch it at like eleven o'clock that night. The only way to know what was going on was to listen to the radio broadcast. Yeah, so, I mean you probably you're probably too young to even remember that, but I.
Speaker 3: Know I did live through that time. Yeah, I love that radio held such an importance and still does in many people's lives. So back in the day it was just different. Right, You huddle around the radio, you listen to k would smoking SIGs underneath the table.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: He did broadcast when three pointers were a thing too, Hey five nine two twenty two eighty seven. Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR bet five get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets. If you're a new customer with promo code KSR only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming rootsources CDKNG, dot co, slash Audio. We're gonna take a break. Take your phone calls. Coming up next, It is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR Pre Show. A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Deftones right here they're playing Louder than Life. I will have free tickets to give away all this week this afternoon on my afternoon Drive show ninety five to seven QMF.
Speaker 1: So if you're wanning free tickets, listen.
Speaker 2: Uh now you watch during the break the the hack broadcast that I was talking about before the break in Chicago with the Max.
Speaker 3: Headroom incident of nineteen eighty seven, which is bizarre. I mean, it feels a little bit more like just trolling than it is like horror movie jump out of your TV screen. But you failed to tell me at the end of it, he pulls down his pants and somebody hits him in the butt with a fly swatter. Shannon, I would love to have known that detail.
Speaker 1: No, I wanted you to see that. I wanted you to see that in real time during the break and get reaction.
Speaker 3: Well, no, wonder, I mean, has this guy ever been caught? Like do we know?
Speaker 1: I don't think they ever found out who it was?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: No, hey, can you hear that on the air? There sounds like there's somebody hammering.
Speaker 3: Are they working on the building?
Speaker 1: No idea, But it's been going on for like off and on for the last hourically.
Speaker 3: It's the construction in the Lexington studios that gets over the air. But glad that they're fixing things up in Louisville. I got the reason why it's called Fat Tuesday, Shannon, if you'd like.
Speaker 1: That, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: The name comes from the tradition of using up the eggs, milk, and fat in one's pantry because they were forbidden the forty day Lettin fast, which begins the next day, Ash Wednesday.
Speaker 1: There you go, So all your endoln.
Speaker 3: Dollar, a dozen eggs and your fat in your cabinet because you're not gonna be able to use it for the next forty days.
Speaker 2: A five nine, twenty two eighty seven. See we're so informative on the pre show.
Speaker 3: Well, Ryan Lemon, I mean he just probably learned what fat Tuesday's right.
Speaker 2: See he can come with see we're going to be going to KSR in about twenty five minutes from now, and he can give Matt his his new fact that he just learned by listening to the pre show to he gets all of his news.
Speaker 3: And the amount of guys texting the text line about their wives also listening to the fairy smut Shannon, I mean I feel like this is a therapy couch.
Speaker 2: I feel like all of us guys who have to deal with that should have like our own counseling session.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so we can all like.
Speaker 2: Talk through it and realize that that's not normal behavior. It shouldn't be having to be subjective to fantasy smut.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And one person says, the newest one that what his wife is into involves dragons. Shannon, what is it with these creatures?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The normal human beings.
Speaker 1: Don't get it.
Speaker 2: Let's get on the phones. Let's talk to Jonathan. Hey, Jonathan, what's up?
Speaker 3: Hey Jonathan?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, good talking to you all on this Tuesday morning. So, in regards to to ratings and everything, you know, Billy, the best way to get people just to stop saying bad stuff about you is to give them good things to talk about, you know, with the margin, you know, the magic of March Madness. Maybe we get another iconic, you know, show moment. You know, if you're talking about ham Days or you know, to my most a Billy, you know that that would be a good way to start having them say good things and then about the fantasy smut. I wouldn't say thankfully, my wife doesn't listen to that stuff. But kind of on the maybe on the flip side, maybe more gruesome side, I don't understand her listening to the true crime stuff. You know, she's constantly doing you know, the pop podcasts, you know, YouTube videos, social media content and kind of you know, it's not necessarily romance. But on the flip side, you know that the you know, hearing the gruesome violence and you know, some of the horrible things that are happening out there. I can't listen to that stuff either. So whenever I walk into a room and I start hearing that, I gotta leave. I can't listen to that stuff.
Speaker 2: See I'm glad you brought that up, because see that before she discovered Fantasy Smutt, that's what she was listening to. So, you know, for the longest time, I was like, is she's secretly planning on murdering me at some point? Like she's learning how to get away with the perfect murder. About listening to these these true crime podcasts, which, by the way, that's like the number one subject matter when it comes to podcasts. The most popular podcast aren't sports, aren't you know, it's it's it's it's this crime, true crime, true crime podcast that people apparently listen to a lot because they love.
Speaker 3: A category of people doing active investigations. There's even a barstool host that investigated a case and was able to find some evidence that helped lead to the arrest of somebody in a serious case. So that is a huge category.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt anything else.
Speaker 5: Jonathan, Well, and just just on that. On that same note as well, you know that I think there's like a popular show out right now about like murdering your your husband or something like that. I don't know if y'all have heard of that one, but I've heard that that's a really popular, you know, girl show. You know. So when eevery you know, you hear about these true crime podcasts and then you know, you see the search History, you know, a show about you know, get you know, getting away with murdering your husband, it's like, oh my gosh, yeah, yeah, thanks, I appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know Billy that the I D Channel is a TV station that just has nothing but like murder, mystery and true crime stuff. And you know, if I walk home later today and it's on the I D Channel, I may start to wander, like, what's going on here? We're listening to this fantasy spot and I d channel.
Speaker 3: I think the caller was just remembering the news story in twenty twenty two where Nancy Brophy wrote the book How to Murder Your Husband. That's right, was sentenced to life in prison.
Speaker 1: For murdering your husband.
Speaker 3: It's like, babe, what are you watching How to Hide a Dead Body?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it OJ that wrote a book that called if I Did It?
Speaker 3: If I did It?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nudge, wink wink, if I did it?
Speaker 2: Like he basically confessed everything in a book and just titled it if I did It. I mean you take away the if that's the book he did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? That that is one of the more head scratching books to ever be released. I'm sure. Now on the caller's other point, how do I get back in the good graces of our listeners? Shannon? Maybe should I get in a helicopter and drop don't jump out in the sky.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you can do that because I heart put the xnay on that. How about how about you just you know you already apologize. Okay, so you're you're off to the right.
Speaker 3: How did I attempt a world record? Shannon? Should we attempt a world record?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, up on Friday?
Speaker 1: No, no, What are you gonna do like a cornbread hip. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't eat like the most gummies ever. We can't do that.
Speaker 1: That would not be good advertising, It would not be safe. We're not going to do that. So no, I think I think, you know, would just be a good, normal citizen. I think that would get you back on the you know, in the good graces of people. Don't don't make females cry when they call into the show. Just be nice, how about that? Yeah, No, promise that too much.
Speaker 2: That's too much to ask from you. Let's go to Paul Paul in Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Hey Paul Paul, Hey, guys, I got a couple of things. Yeah, Billy, what you did was very, very horrible. So just give it some time. Just give it some time. Time, heals all wounds. It's okay. One thing that I was going to talk about was, don't even get me started on the true crime either. If I show up, dad, it's my wife. She did it. She's paranoid about everything.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: It's really frustrating. Anyway, Kentucky basketball. I'm thinking five wins from here on out, and I would be extremely, extremely happy with this season. We beat LSU tonight, I think we're playing with house money against Missouri, and then that leaves four more wins in the two tournaments. If we could get a couple wins in the SEC tournament, a couple of wins in the NC DOUBLEA tournament, Like, yeah, are you guys happy with that?
Speaker 4: It depends, It depends.
Speaker 2: It depends on how what we're talking about. If you say, Okay, I'm gonna give you five more wins, I think I'd rather lose out through the SEC tournament, use my five wins in the NC Double A tournament, and go to the finals.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, exactly, That's what I'm saying. But that would be five wins would be awesome.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but it depends.
Speaker 2: Also, Like let's say you win tonight, you win at Missouri, there's two Let's say you went three in the SEC and lose your first round game in the NC Double A tournament. I don't want that, So it depends on how Yeah, if you say I get five wins.
Speaker 1: And I get to use them however I want. Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: But you know it could be the scenario to where you like, like I just laid out there, you burn all your five wins, yeah right, you Thursday, Friday, Saturday, that gets you to Sunday, So you would lose in the SEC tournament and then lose your first round of the n C Double A tournament.
Speaker 1: And I don't think I would take that.
Speaker 6: Yeah that one, Yeah, yeah, okay, I see that. I see that definitely. I think the biggest one for me is getting a win or two in the NC DOUBLEA Tournament. I think that one. Those wins hold the most weight for me. I want to get Pope off the hasn't won a tournament game. I want to get him away from that. Let's like for me, I definitely think a couple wins we can make you to the sweet sixteen. You know, this this season would just be amazing considering yeah, considering thought might happen when Cal left. I mean, this has been this has been fantastic.
Speaker 1: Totally agreat Thanks for the call, Paul.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 1: You know, you get to the sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: That's more than we've had in When was the last time Kentucky was in the sweet sixteen. It's been a while anyway, point being, you know you need I think he's right. Let let's get Pope his first NC DOUBLEA tournament win first of all. Okay, let's do that and then let the chips fall where they may. If you get to the sweet sixteen without Jackson Robinson, without Kerk Crisa, and with you know, LaMotte Butler not even at one hundred percent, we still don't know if cars one hundred percent. I feel like he's even though he's probably not gonna be listed on the availability report, he's gonna be good enough to play. I'm still skeptical that he's one hundred percent. So I think you get to the sweet sixteen. There's no shame in.
Speaker 1: That at all.
Speaker 3: This year, it's been a weird year. I mean, Kentucky has nine quad one wins. But you know, will we remember this season outside of what they do in the postseason. I mean, Cal had some regular season success over these past few years, but he couldn't get it done the SEC or the NCAA tournaments, and that's how you remember those seasons by. So you know, ultimately what we will think of Mark Pope's first season I think is still to be determined, Shannon, because if there are bounced in the first round of the NCAAA, there's gonna be it's it's it's not gonna be as fun of an offseason as if they would have gotten.
Speaker 1: Six years six years since Kentucky has been that sixteen twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: So I mean, look, you know, I kind of hate the scenario Paul gave us because I think it would be more inclined to like winning two to end out the regular season, two in the SEC tournament and one in the NCAA tournament. Yeah, you know, it'd be cool to even you know, make the finals of the SEC tournament just because you would look back on this year as a historically great SEC and you could have made some noise in it.
Speaker 1: So let's just win one day play, Let's just win a game in the SEC tournament, right, I mean again, like we.
Speaker 3: Just please don't play on Wednesday. Please don't send us home before.
Speaker 1: Thursday, exactly. Yeah, we got a show to do on Thursday. Thursday morning, you get two shows, that's right. Yeah, and Alis Bluegown will be playing that And that's another thing too. We don't know, like if Kentucky ends up getting the seventh seed. That would have them playing at night.
Speaker 3: I believe if whend you play, you wouldn't play at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we'd have to play earlier.
Speaker 2: And we were on the hook for four hours, so we might have to play right after KSR.
Speaker 1: If that happens, we'll have to see. Let's go to Mike. What's up?
Speaker 4: Mike, Hey, what's going on? Shannon Billy? Hey, listen, you all were talking about the last twelve minutes of a game the other night that we didn't get to listen to, and we were disappointed, but you know, we were getting beat. Imagine if you were an Auburn fan and this doesn't happen once ever generation kind of thing, and all of a sudden you can't listen to the final twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: You can't imagine you can't watch Auburn win their first game at Ropperina since like what the eighties, was it eighty seven or something like that. Yeah, yeah, well, you know what, I'm not an Auburn fan, so I'm glad I don't have that problem.
Speaker 1: For US Kentucky fans.
Speaker 7: It just says, yeah, well, I'm not an Auburn fan either, But I just thought you know, we may be not feeling good about losing those last twelve minutes, but if we were an Auburn's situation, and I don't I say, I think these last couple of years in Auburn, I think that's going to be an anomaly.
Speaker 4: I think down the road can Tech He's to get back to the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that Mark Pope's gonna be able to do that. He's gonna have to go out and hit the transfer portal again. You know, you get.
Speaker 3: To get some more than a month to build a roster.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right. But yeah, imagine that that game were close. I mean, people's heads would be exploding if that were a close game with Kentucky and Auburn and nobody could watch it to.
Speaker 3: That point when the TV broadcast went off the air, LAP alone I think picked up over ten thousand listeners in a matter of fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow it was And there you go, there's the big winner. iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and think about eight forty you know, or you know some of these other affiliates that people were probably tuning into at the same time.
Speaker 2: We mentioned it is fat Tuesday. It's a good place to go celebrate out at Poppies.
Speaker 3: That's right. Also Taco Week at Poppies Mexican restaurant at all three of their locations in Lexington and the Palomar Fountains and Chevy Chase above Charlie Brown's and pap He's Drive Through on South Broadway. Also be on the lookout for their new location there Worth location, Poppy's Quatro, opening incitation in spring of twenty twenty five, so that'll be coming up here soon. But it is Taco Week. You can participate and get different tacos at each of the location and I think each location has like a different taco, so you could just go from Poppies to Poppies and make a day out of it. But not only is a taco, they have extended happy hour all week Monday through Friday, eleven to five pm. You can get two for one margaritas and we just had a remote out there. Those margarita's are great. Remember kids eat free every Wednesday, and if you're looking for authentic Mexican food, this is the place to go. Poppies and their owner Marcos, has been great to us and they will hook you up. Also check out the one hundred and fifty inch projector TV at their Palmar Founains location. If you have a birthday, you can put your kiddo up on the screen after they film a short video. How about that. It's just another way that they are a family friendly, fun atmosphere. It's Poppy's Mexican Restaurant and you should check them out here on Taco Week.
Speaker 2: We will take a break and be right back. Take more of your phone calls. Coming up next on the ksrpre Show. Final segment of the KSR pre Show where we talk Kentucky basketball, fantasy, smutt and broadcast interruptions. Somebody sent me a link to something called The Heidi Game, which I had never heard of this before. I'd never heard of the movie either. Apparently there was a movie called Heidi. I guess that came out like in the nineteen thirties. But Billy, here's what it says about the Heidi Game. It was a nineteen sixty eight AFL game between the Oakland Raiders and the New York Jets. It was held on November seventeenth, nineteen sixty eight. It was notable for its exciting finish, which Oakland scored two touchdowns in the final minute to win the game forty three to thirty two. However, NBC decided to break away from its coverage before the game was over to broadcast the movie Heidi, which caused many.
Speaker 1: Viewers to miss the Raiders Comeback.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine just breaking away from like an NFL game, No, we got this movie get to put on for everybody on Sunday night. They just because the game was going longer than expected, they just cut the game off. Oakland Who's down comes back, scores two touchdowns, wins the game.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets to see it because of Heidi the movie.
Speaker 3: You know, I had heard this story before, but I did not know this details. Shin and NBC executives actually foresaw this happening as the game was going long, and they went to call the NBC switchboard to tell the producers the new plan, but so many people viewers were calling in to figure out what they were going to do that there weren't enough phone lines available for the NBC executives to call the switchboard people, so the plan was never communicated. And then at seven o'clock, the Heidi Show or a movie comes on instead of the game. So even the bosses wanted to keep the game on, but so many people were calling in that they couldn't actually get a hold of their people.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as easy as sending off an email or a text.
Speaker 3: No, no, we're talking about in.
Speaker 2: The sixties, no communications had to pick up the landline phone and call the TV station and say, hey, we're gonna bump Heidi. But instead they didn't get their words. So Heidi interrupts the game and nobody gets to see it. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: No, that's so they're calling in to try to figure out what they're.
Speaker 1: Stuff that would never happen ever again, Like it will, you'd think.
Speaker 3: But then we missed the final eleven minutes of a game on age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's technical difficulties. That's not because Heidi was supposed to come on after the game and we just decided to interrupt the game with twelve minutes too.
Speaker 3: They at least move it to espn U.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yeah, exactly. Let's go to stuff. What's up, stuff, guys.
Speaker 8: I wasn't kissed last Thursday.
Speaker 1: I heard about that. I heard you have an injury or something.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I my regional game. I went down to the other end of the court, to try to test the ball from another teammates to try to make that quick they want to make the box and I was going by backwards. My back hit the floor. It hurts with my risk.
Speaker 1: Well that yeah, so you get a broken wrist? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I got a broken risk and I am oh.
Speaker 1: No, Steph. Well, you know you're an athlete. It happens.
Speaker 2: You know Jackson Robinson's he's out for the year.
Speaker 1: So are you out for the year now with it? With your wrist?
Speaker 8: Well, I last say with someday, but I I got six weeks crystal cast and so okay.
Speaker 1: All right, well, best of luck with that, Steph. You'll let you go.
Speaker 3: You feel better, Steph. Yeah, she's a multi sport athlete. She is, man, get back at it.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when you're an athlete. Sometimes you get injured. Hey, you know coming up Saturday, Billy. I don't know if you realize, but it's already time to spring forward daylight savings time.
Speaker 1: Are you a daylight.
Speaker 3: Saving time fan?
Speaker 1: Or you like the time that we're on now?
Speaker 2: Or you like me and like, let's just pick one and stop switching back and forth, because I'm tired of trying to figure out what time it is when we got to jump forward and then we go back in the fall, and I just wish we'd pick one.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you. I wish we would just have one standard one. But this is the preferred one of the two, at least if you ask me. Because now you can play little golf and it'd be eight eight thirty pm, the sun still shining. So it's it's it kind of you know, marks for me that spring is here, right, We've kind of gotten past all the winter stuff.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm with you, like I wanted to, like whatever we're about to go to that time where it stays light later, Let's go with that, Let's.
Speaker 1: Stick with it, let's end it. They keep you know, I feel like every year they put a bill out there and then it just never gets passed. It never goes through.
Speaker 2: So maybe this year will be the year, and maybe this season will be the season.
Speaker 1: You win some money on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: Your new customer bet five, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets promo code KSR only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours gambling problem called wanting to hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, Eligibuddy restrictions apply, and new customers only bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours of raditioners for additional terms. Responsible Game Resources, DKJ dot Co, slash Audio ks RS coming up next for Billy Religive Shade on the Dude.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you tomorrow