Speaker 1: Okay, it's our favorite day of the year, and that is Spotify rapp Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, thank you, thank you, Thank you to.
Speaker 1: Everyone who's tagging us on social media. African Jeffrey and sharing, yeah, totally sharing their their Spotify wrapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're on the top for I know people are texting into seven eighty five nine two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Eric from Indiana texted and just saw I'm in the point zero five percent on Spotify.
Speaker 3: That's around eighty one thousand minutes with you guys, and I hope it's more next year.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's more time than I spent with myself.
Speaker 5: That's like four more times of the amount of music I listened to.
Speaker 3: Yeah cool, Eric, you are literally paying our salary. Yes, I love it.
Speaker 5: Into Apple users, sorry, Apple Podcast. I know you don't get a wrapped We know you're listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you all make up your number and texting yeah, yeah, please and keep tagging us. It's at Brick and Jeffrey. We love you so much. We've got a brand.
Speaker 2: New what are we doing right now? Second eight? Yeah, Yeah, that's the name of this podcast, so let's do it.
Speaker 6: It's brand new. It's right now.
Speaker 3: The second date of date when you get ghosted after a first date, is it hurtful?
Speaker 1: No, if you don't have to tell yourself it doesn't hurt it does I mean?
Speaker 3: Good news? Is it starts to hurt less and less the more it happens to you. Yeah, that numbness is kind of nice feeling, but not a feeling.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of the enough exactly.
Speaker 3: Now we're on the same page. But our listener, Claire believes there's something more behind why her date isn't reaching out to her and she's come to us asking for assistance. So, Claire, why is Brooke laughing at you? I don't know.
Speaker 1: She is like totally insulted by your intro here, Like, have you been ghosted that many times?
Speaker 2: Claire?
Speaker 6: No, I'm just super worried about him.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh wow, why do you say that?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 6: Okay, first of all, his name is Jane and a guy that what goes with me? Like, but he has not responded to me at all in like three days.
Speaker 1: Is he someone that you already knew before you went on a date, Because.
Speaker 3: The way that you're talking, it sounds like you've known him for a while. He would never do that to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I haven't, but he just gave off that vibe.
Speaker 4: You guys hit it off, back and forth, back and forth, and all of a sudden, nothing is weird.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, Vibes can lie, you know, liars those vibes.
Speaker 4: People can also lie, not.
Speaker 5: Liars, those vibes real close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, es are Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always trust him.
Speaker 3: You're genuinely worried about him.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, it's just that he works a lot, you know, and he has like a really stressful work environment. He has a really important sales job, and he's like working all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that would make sense that he wouldn't be able to contact you for three days.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So how many dates have you had with him, because it sounds like you've had a few.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean we willn't of date like ten days ago, but we were texting after that, trying to plan something else, and then he just stopped responding.
Speaker 3: Okay, So three days ago he stopped responding to your text and that's why you're worried. Okay, got it. So let's go back to the day. What did you guys do for it?
Speaker 6: Okay? So first of all, we went bowling and then we went to this place and it's like an indoor butterfly house type of thing where the butterflies like land on you.
Speaker 3: Kind of scary.
Speaker 4: I remember one time as a kind of giant butterfly.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought it was gonna do you really got to watch where he stepped to. Oh no, ground got you down at all times.
Speaker 3: It's like that one was still a counterpillar broke his Bama from Okay.
Speaker 6: It was such a fun idea. And he's normally like very just considerate. I just thought it was so nice.
Speaker 2: He keeps saying, normally you've had one experience.
Speaker 3: But you're talking like you've known him for a really really long time.
Speaker 6: Well, I feel like I have, because he's like a special person to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you haven't dated for a while, then, have you?
Speaker 6: I mean not really, I guess. But he just we just clicked. I mean, we just bob. We just everything was just great with us.
Speaker 1: Tell us any moments where it felt reciprocal, like he was also on the same page as you.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, So we were bowling and like he picked up my bowling ball and I thought it was bound the stake, but it really wasn't. And he tried to bowl with my ball, had like take it from him, and we just laughed about it and we thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 3: That is one out lighter, silly.
Speaker 6: Like we were connecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's strange that you'd grab it from his hands, but I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I mean it's cute to them. It's cute, right, ye, I guess.
Speaker 6: So it was my ball.
Speaker 2: That was just a flirty moment that you two had. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Nice drinks some food involved in the date.
Speaker 6: I mean we weren't that hungry, so we just split some fries and a beer.
Speaker 3: Okay. Were there any butterfly kisses inside of the butterfly Exhibit C Yeah, it feels like the right place to do.
Speaker 6: There were no kisses, but if he would have tried it, I would have been very very open to it, and my lashes would have been like butterflies as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flood flutter.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is, but she would go there in the butterfly world. That's second, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like you left that date feeling sure you'd see him again.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. I mean we were even texting back and forth making future plans and then he just came up with this, I gotta find some free time because I'm working right now now and things are busy. And then he start responding like three days ago.
Speaker 3: What if we find out after we call him that he actually blew you off on purpose and he's just trying to be nice about it.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't do that, that's the way you are so positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you haven't listened to our show enough.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, my friend did recommend you.
Speaker 7: I don't listen normally.
Speaker 2: But that's why there's so much hope.
Speaker 3: Got it? So you said three days ago he suddenly cut off communication with you, and you're just trying to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm just worried because something could have happened. So I'm thinking maybe if you guys call him, we can get this whole thing, put it out.
Speaker 3: Are we going to destroy it?
Speaker 1: I feel like we're going to ruin the last optimistic person that's left in the dating world right now.
Speaker 3: You know, But remember what I said about numbness in the beginning. You can start that process right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, So I have hope for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's stuck in an elevator.
Speaker 2: I'm sure of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we'll get the laughing gas ready just in case when we call James for you and try and get you your second date update right after this. Thanks guy, second date update if you're just joining us. We've been talking to Claire, who had the three bees on her first date, bowling beer and butterflies.
Speaker 4: Together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not just the nervous tummy butterflies either, actual real ones flying around inside of a butterfly house.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cute.
Speaker 3: It is definitely different than what we've had before. But she's come to us very concerned because three days ago her guy James fully stopped responding.
Speaker 1: I feel like this whole episode is brought to you by the number three right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lots of threes. And it was weird because they were in the middle of planning their next meetup.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it sounds like he wasn't giving her exact dates in time.
Speaker 3: Claire, Brook's calling you a liar.
Speaker 1: No, no, that she may have misinterpreted his text like he was saying I'm busy, I'm busy and busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did say that she was new at dating, so maybe she doesn't know how to navigate this situation quite the right way, and she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't listen her incompetent now, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am. I'm just kidding, Claire. But we're going to reach out to James because you said he's not answering when you call. You think maybe he'll pick up for us.
Speaker 2: I'm hopeful, Okay, you are very hopeful.
Speaker 1: She is. She is, and she's concerned about his safety and thinks something could have happened, like.
Speaker 6: I think something probably did, because there's no way that he wouldn't reach out to me.
Speaker 1: Really, sometimes I wish we could do these in person, so we could hug each other afterwards, make each other feel better, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why'd you make eye contact with me when you said that I wasn't talk about hugging you happiness in person? Yeah, okay, Well I'll give you Brooks home address after this is over, so you can go over there and hug it out all you want. Anyway, Let's let's call James right now. Hopefully he answers. We can get to the bottom of this, figure out why three days ago he fully cut off communication with you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Sure it'll be a happy story here.
Speaker 7: Hello, this is James very formal.
Speaker 3: Wow, hi James, you're on the radio, right.
Speaker 7: Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, good morning. How can I help you out there?
Speaker 3: We're really happy to hear your voice and that you're doing. Okay, it sounds well sure.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He could be in the hospital right now for all we know.
Speaker 3: The fact that picked up though, that's a really good start.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry what it was about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a it's a segment we do on our show. It's called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like the star of it today.
Speaker 7: Okay, that doesn't too great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a bad thing. It just means somebody out there is trying to see you again and they haven't been able to get a hold of you.
Speaker 7: You don't see the name that I think that you're about to say.
Speaker 2: Wait, there's a certain name.
Speaker 3: What name are you thinking?
Speaker 7: Claire?
Speaker 3: That's her?
Speaker 7: What is she doing?
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, she's just trying to get a hold of you, because she said, basically that you two had an awesome date together where you went bowling and you visited a butterfly house, and she was telling us how fun and how thoughtful it was that you came up with.
Speaker 7: That for her.
Speaker 3: Oh, she had a lot of positive things to say about you.
Speaker 7: Oh really, did she happen to tell you anything else? Like what happened after?
Speaker 1: I mean she told us that you guys were texting trying to figure out a date to get back together?
Speaker 7: Right? No, No, it wasn't the texting it honestly, it was about the forcefulness in the meetups.
Speaker 3: What stay forceful?
Speaker 1: But meetups? You only had one meetup? You just saw each other on one date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, but I'm a very busy guy. I do a lot of different things for work.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, she was a little bit over eager. It sounds like to see you again.
Speaker 7: I think that's an understatement. I mean, if I couldn't hang out Tuesday, she would see what about Wednesday? What about Thursday? What about Friday? It just became way too much for me, And then she she just crossed the line.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that the line?
Speaker 3: What line? Did she cross?
Speaker 2: The Wednesday? Thursday? Friday?
Speaker 1: Line?
Speaker 3: Is that the line suggesting other day?
Speaker 7: No? No, it was worse.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think she is totally clueless that she made you feel uncomfortable or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are you so sure that she should know she made a.
Speaker 7: Mistake because she called my work?
Speaker 2: What what your job?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I was at work and HR called me and a woman named Claire reached out and wanted to do a welfare check on me.
Speaker 6: What whoa?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 7: Yes, at work and she's telling her that we need to move my schedule around and workload around. Like, what's going on with that?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: I think we all understand.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, maybe Claire is being misunderstood here and your manager has relayed her message in a way that painted her in a bad light. Oh that's h And maybe you are working too hard and it's not a terrible thing if your date wants you to be less stressed. Jeff, you are a champion of our listeners, And I just I think I think you should talk to Claire about it because she is on the phone with us right now wanting to speak to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my, why isn't it better to speak to her instead of speaking through your HR to her?
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree with you more. But but she has talked to Claire.
Speaker 7: Claire, Claire, what are you doing.
Speaker 6: Okay, if Karen is a crown and I'm guilty, I just care about you. We went on one date, yeah, one special date.
Speaker 2: Clar Why would you call his h R.
Speaker 6: I mean, no other girlfriend would do that for a guy.
Speaker 7: Girlfriend it you're not my girlfriend. We hung out once. What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Not yet, but I'm just showing that I want to spend more time with you.
Speaker 7: I mean what I mean, what are we What are we really doing here? I could meet with my HR department. I had to meet with my boss. You're messing with my job. You're messing with my way of living. Like you don't even know what I do. You don't even know exactly what I'm doing at work.
Speaker 6: Well, listen, here's what I do now. I know you work in sales, and I know you were stressed out, so I was just trying to help.
Speaker 3: You with that and defense the reason that I mean, according to her, you kept saying you couldn't meet up because you were too busy with work. So she's trying to problem number one.
Speaker 5: Of not hanging out with.
Speaker 3: Well, she's not buying it.
Speaker 1: That is a huge boundary to cross. You just never call someone's workplace. It's just you don't. I mean, I honestly feel like it has to be said for Claire to understand that, Oh.
Speaker 6: Yes I can, and yes I did.
Speaker 3: Don't call the workplace, just call directly to their family. Now, where is the right thing to do?
Speaker 6: I mean, I want to call his family, but I didn't have their numbers.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, this is easy to fix. James. What's your family's phone number?
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen, you guys, I don't know what's going on here, but this is the first time that I've ever gone on a date where whoever I went on a date with to try to free up my schedule just to see them.
Speaker 2: You're lucky she didn't quit for you.
Speaker 4: It is funny to be like, oh, I'm busy, and she's like, oh, I'll take care of that.
Speaker 3: Oh god, busy anymore? Well, okay, I see them the good intentions in your heart when you did it. But for James, you cross the line.
Speaker 2: I think for anyone that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Anyone don't, but specifically for James in this cell.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, okay, Well, now that we're past that, we should do pizza and butterfly for on our feet.
Speaker 1: Pizza butter Going back to butterfly, butterfly, the butterfly kisses.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jackie were the idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't ruin the idea. I mean, I think the butterfly chriss are is a great idea.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, but James, pretend you didn't hear that. Okay, blank that out of your memory. All I want you to focus on is will you go out on another date with Claire and we would pay for it.
Speaker 1: We're talking to James now, yes, okay, yeah, pizza and she will on your Claire. I think you need to hear this response. Okay, so make sure you're paying attention.
Speaker 6: My ears though all the way open.
Speaker 3: Oh my, okay, So, James, what do you think about giving Claire one more chance?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you didn't have to laugh though. That was the only time.
Speaker 6: Well that was rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was calling his workplace.
Speaker 3: Okay. I understand this is when someone's new to dating. There's a lot of new rules and stuff you gotta learn. So maybe this is a learning moment for you.
Speaker 6: I've learned that people don't understand what Karen is these days, and I just have to care harder.
Speaker 2: No, no, that is the opposite, care less.
Speaker 7: Please listen to them, care less about me, Karen, less about other people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the message that we are going to leave today, broken Jeffrey in the morning, care less about everyone.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, the positive that we can take out of this is what is. I really don't think we deterred her at all. She still sounds very hopeful, and by hopeful, I mean hopefully she's not already inside his apartment making it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, like she needed some reality here.
Speaker 4: She really was like the perfect data for our show. She had no idea, she never listened to the show. She's still optimism about dating. I mean she got blindsided here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She got blindsided and she called this work. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: She didn't know that was bad. To do him a favor and take the stress away.
Speaker 1: She did not see this coming, Brooke, don't ever call anyone's place of employment soever.
Speaker 5: No, I feel like we're gonna hear from her again. She's not going to be your first ghosting.
Speaker 3: And I think we're all just jealous of her relentless optimism because that's exactly what you need to survive this dating world. So I predict she'll be fine and If you need some optimism that your dating life isn't completely tragic, go to our podcast.
Speaker 2: You're Gonna say, call somebody else. Yeah, Listen to.
Speaker 3: Us on Spotify, Apple, wherever, and you will finally find hope in your own life. Feels good, Find us at Brook and Jeffard