Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, ready Ready. Season five, Episode one, What I Did on My Summer Vacation and Other Stories aired September seventh, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Season five kicks off with new hair and new drama. We're in the Stays in London, but Valerie moves into Beverly Hills and she's raided a rule of some trouble. Meanwhile, Donna thinks she's over, David, Kelly is all over, Brandon, Steve is already smitten, and Dylan is down and out in Baja California.
Speaker 2: Directive, I'm oh, Michael Lang is back. They must have really liked Michael Lang. Michael Lang is directing and written by Charles Rosen and Larry Moore.
Speaker 1: Then nineteen ninety four was what was the most significant thing in your lives Jenny and Tory's lives in nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 4: Like, did you get married? Have a baby? Can you? You probably did one of those. No, I know, I didn't have a baby till ninety seven, y'all. No, but you might have gotten married? Oh really, Oh yeah, I got Maybe I got married. How old would I have been? Shuld anybody do math? How old would I have been in nineteen ninety four? Uh? You would be yeah? Twenty No, twenty two? Okay, so yeah I got married Rose twenty one. What year? Google it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Probably check it because you know, I could be wrong about that, but yeah, I probably got out here either I was married, getting married, or getting divorced, because those things all kind of happened real quick in the in the nineties.
Speaker 4: Oh, maybe I should google what year you did that TV movie? You know, the one? Oh what one? Wow? Was in ninety four? That was later later? Well, then there'd be no divorce then. Oh oh, well, I guess you're right. Did you meet Peter on a TV movie? Is that what's happening that I'm not? Yes, okay, got it? Got it.
Speaker 1: For those of us playing along that don't don't speak Tory Jenny are incidling.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the episode though, because it's way more interesting.
Speaker 3: So this is the first time married for the first time in nineteen ninety four, sixteenth you got married like a minute ago, you know that?
Speaker 2: Good job?
Speaker 4: Wow? No, thank you? Wait?
Speaker 1: Is this the first time we saw show and then credits.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Like, like, what's that called when you do a little teaser?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do it on like other shows regularly.
Speaker 1: So what I can't remember is is that the way it's going to be here too?
Speaker 4: Four? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think they change it up. I remember they did that maybe once or twice in the last season. They like showed a little bit of the show and then rolled into the teaser I mean into the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the credits or or sometimes you get that up previously on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I don't know. The show just feels very different. Yeah, can we just credits? Like, how did you feel about that? Well? We have two main two new cast members as regulars.
Speaker 2: They look completely different, completely.
Speaker 4: Well, Jenny, you're number two, Like I didn't you notice?
Speaker 2: Like oh I wrote by the look I wrote it down that I didn't.
Speaker 4: I was like, uh, what's happening? Because what fascinates me? Seven? With one gone, I'm still number seven, number number seven.
Speaker 1: I used to be number eight, one, two, five, six, Yeah, you're number seven. But what's what I was interested in is how far down Luke Perry is. I would have assumed since this is number five, but maybe not that it would have gone Jason, Jenny, Luke, but it doesn't. It goes Jason, Jenny, Iron, Gabrielle, then Luke, then Brian, Austin Green, then Tory, than Mark, than Tiffany, than the Walshes.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah, that's interesting to me.
Speaker 3: Well, because everyone was I mean probably because Luke originally wasn't in the first episode when they added him.
Speaker 4: People already had their orders, so he had to.
Speaker 2: He had to just get in line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he went above you back then. I mean, but but he jumped Brian. Yeah, he did so weird. Yeah, he jumped Brian.
Speaker 1: And does anybody ever get uh and Luke Perry do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like you know how they Yeah.
Speaker 2: That if you're a special guest star, right.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 1: Kathleen is not in this I should have done that in The New Things.
Speaker 4: Was she in the opening credit?
Speaker 1: No, and she's not in the episode and she's not anywhere.
Speaker 4: Did she join as a regular series regular? Do we know?
Speaker 2: And I don't know that she'll be people You mentioned Tiffany and Mark those are the.
Speaker 3: Two are officially regulars. Well, Tiffany's near this season, but Mark was on before as Jesse, but he's officially a series regular.
Speaker 4: Now. This must have been so exciting for people that were, like say by the Bell fans who didn't know this was happening, and then all of a sudden to see the meet Valerie Malone and have it be Kelly right a.
Speaker 3: Big press release before this that she was coming to nine or two and O like, I don't remember back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: We didn't really like internet to spread the TV.
Speaker 1: And like teen beat would do you like how she was introduced?
Speaker 4: I did not. I thought we could have had a bit.
Speaker 1: More fanfare, like so they talk about her the girl that's gonna live in Brenda's room, which I still think is ridiculous, and we can talk about that because you just never say though, but we don't get her until well into the episode and the intro of her is her.
Speaker 4: Back, well, then give it. Then she turns around and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, I thought maybe we would have had her I'm down the stairs or just something a bit bigger. And now maybe they wanted to downplay it, but they talk about the girl and Brenda's room.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just thought, oh, I would have done that, differently. Yeah, it wasn't a big moment.
Speaker 2: I just like I was upset we didn't see her at the airport, Like, what the fuck was the play of going to the airport and doing all those scenes at the airport, right.
Speaker 1: I thought she should come off the plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wish they had alluded to something that maybe Brenda didn't go, which was coming back or would that be a real setting to the fan?
Speaker 4: A setup? And then she turned and you see brown hair.
Speaker 2: That's the girl or the because I thought that Brenda was coming back in the beginning of the episode, because Mommy was making up her room for her and she wanted it to look cozy.
Speaker 3: She said, Oh, if they were smart, they would have filmed that last scene with Shannon Luke two ways.
Speaker 4: So it kept going, So you like that pan out. We should have been running the show and that could have been a flashback. I know we should have.
Speaker 1: So what did you all think of the subtle dig that I interpreted as a subtle dig When Brandon and David are walking and he casually says, oh, she's staying in London.
Speaker 4: At this rate we met, we may never see her again, and then David gives the yeah, they were to dig you, guys, that is a dig. It didn't feel like a dig.
Speaker 2: It just felt like addressing it in as.
Speaker 4: Aggressive. Now you're speaking my language.
Speaker 1: Okay, did like it? Just they wrote it in intentionally. That's an intentional line that now we look at at this rate, we may never see her again.
Speaker 4: Because we don't.
Speaker 2: They're trying to like lay the foundation for what is The audience is freaking out, although it wasn't addressed enough for me, who was like, my head was spinning, Where's Brenda?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: What do you mean she's not coming back? This girl in her room? Like I needed more answers. I needed to see Brenda on the phone at least, or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah that could have happened, or yeah, or a fake conversation where she can you do like they do on Sex and the City with Samantha how they do the text to Samantha, So they could have acted like they're talking to her and she's not there.
Speaker 1: I still think it's weird that Tiffany's in the credits but we haven't met her.
Speaker 4: You would have saved it for the second episode. I would have.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I wouldn't have done that either, because it's like say that you are sort of like living in a bubble and you don't follow magazines and you just watch the show.
Speaker 4: You're like, well, who's that girl in the credits? Do you know what I mean? Yeah? I want to like or had.
Speaker 1: Her come off the plane in the beginning of the episode the credit and then go to the credits and you're like, wow, okay, yeah, weird.
Speaker 4: Fifth season, they had to do something big.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there was something huge in the press that Shannon was leaving, Tiffany was coming.
Speaker 4: There had to be something because we got to get people to keep going watch right. Yeah, so I'm sure everyone knew.
Speaker 1: It's still weird to me that they keep referring to her multiple times as the girl staying in Brenda's room.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you say it.
Speaker 1: As, Oh, we're getting ready for our very close family friend that's moving in with us, the girl staying in Brenda's room.
Speaker 2: Like what they were trying to be mysterious? Can we check and see what kind of pressed there was? Yeah, at the beginning, get your phone out, come on. I want to know, like, did they release something?
Speaker 4: Was there? Big? Big one?
Speaker 2: Like cover story on seventeen?
Speaker 1: Oh, it would have been working so it would have like been out and about, you know what I mean. In the magazines, it would have been magazines like US Magazine, Team Beat, People, TV Guide for sure.
Speaker 4: I feel like, okay, so you guys.
Speaker 3: Once we went into this season, I started like everything was like came back to me. I think this is the points in the program where I start to remember everything filming wise.
Speaker 4: Oh good, like five seasons in, we'll tell us everything. Yay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, of course, when we watched stuff, we're like, oh, I remember doing that scene, but it's not like consistent this one. I was like, oh, I think from now on, I consistently remember, we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Remember filming the scene in the Beauty Solon with me?
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, wow wow wow? Where were you? I don't know. I feel like it was somewhere on Ventura.
Speaker 2: I can't say yes.
Speaker 4: I remember it came through the.
Speaker 3: Alley and I had to film and there was something weird with us that day, Me and you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never is not.
Speaker 2: Why were Kelly and Donna?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I feel like Marie and Jenny. There was something that day. I don't remember what it was, but it was like weirdness, like uncomfortableness and I don't know what over what remember?
Speaker 4: Gosh, I wish you could, I know, but it's really weird for Kelly and Donna. And that scene was just so unnumn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so weird. And then because were they fighting? Because was it that Kelly sided with David?
Speaker 4: I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: She would never side with David when he cheated on Donna. Like, that's not Kelly.
Speaker 4: Hmm. I think I made up right away totally.
Speaker 1: And God bless those hair stylists because they brought them back together.
Speaker 4: You know what I noticed? Did you guys.
Speaker 1: Notice on Beverly Cannon Flowers they put the phone number?
Speaker 4: Can we call it? Can we call it? Yeah? What is it? So?
Speaker 1: The number they put up there was two seven five three three seven two, and I'm assuming it was three one oh because back then you didn't have area codes, Like what.
Speaker 4: Is it two seven five? He was seven five three three seven two two and three y'all? But if it was in Beverly Hills, was it two one three then? Or was it three one oh? It's not allocated? Also, does Tory know her flashlights on on her phone? Ill? So Tory?
Speaker 1: No one answer around with my flashlight on not allocated.
Speaker 3: That number is not allocated, so for grabs, I think, Oh, yeah, I noticed.
Speaker 1: They showed Beverly Cannon flowers and Rodeo Collection, which I'm assuming both of those things.
Speaker 4: Were at the time. Real, yeah, yes, Rodeo Collection was. I didn't really, I didn't really notice your question. Were bigger? No, no, they look like they always looked to me, Hm, did you know I'm done yet?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I thought it came in a later scene, but later episode where we're at the.
Speaker 3: A cat house or one of them, sorry like parties. But when she turned and walked away from you and Brandon and Valerie like I had no brawn and they were bigger and you.
Speaker 4: Like baby tea under my little long dress. So yeah, but that is yeah, you're right. No, you know what? No, no, no, I got them done over Christmas vacation. Okay, So now I take a back. Santa brought you boobies. No, I brought myself boobies. But it was a pain that asked to go Christmas shopping. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Donna and David have been broken up all summer. Yeah, David, I guess was going on tour with Babyface.
Speaker 4: Because that's humping Ariel.
Speaker 2: And doing Aeriel all along the way getting crabs and yeah, and then she got bored of them but gave him crabs, which was gross.
Speaker 4: Really gross, didn't you?
Speaker 2: But I did kind of like his video presentation of it.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, guys something I can remember being twenty, So this is nineteen ninety, about twenty watching that, being in college and being completely panicked about what are crabs? What are crabs?
Speaker 4: How do you get them? Do I have them? Am I going to get them? Like from your show? Oh? Really, well, you're welcome. I had not that we educated you. Oh my gosh, I had never heard of them.
Speaker 1: So then this video comes on and we're all like, David silver has what what is that? And like, I don't even know how I figured it out because we didn't have the internet, so I must have like crabs.
Speaker 4: You guys, can you remember when Waterman got crabs our makeup artist?
Speaker 2: Do you remember this story?
Speaker 4: No? And he didn't know what it was and so he what's the fleaentic killer? Uh? No? Rat? He sprayed it down there? Burns is nutsauce? What an idiot? Wait?
Speaker 1: Before we move on, also, can we talk about how in the flashback, one of you says, get a life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kelly does to Donna, she would never say that, Like my boyfriend just cheating on me.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it doesn't make life.
Speaker 2: That was like a total saying, we all wait, can I just ask you a question about crabs?
Speaker 4: Last thing about crabs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if you have safe sex with a condom, you can still get crabs, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they're like the area. It's like it's like lice, so gross. I've never had that either.
Speaker 1: That's why this show was so traumatizing to like an average college person.
Speaker 4: I was like, what is that.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like it was like clear, like we know now because we know what crabs are. But as a teenager, it was so quick and there were real crabs crawling on rocks, so I didn't know if people really made the connection.
Speaker 1: Yes they did, because I was so traumatized. I remember being like, what is that? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: What do I so gross?
Speaker 1: And I kind of think I asked around and I guess it's not really that prevalent.
Speaker 4: Maybe I might be. I think America, you.
Speaker 2: Get crabs if you have greasy man bangs.
Speaker 3: Wait, can we talk about Brandon's facial pubes like it's I can't it's a little large, it's a drawing. It's it's what you draw on some on a you draw face or somebody's.
Speaker 4: Picture, like a mocking thing. Go on, was he doing a movie or something? And that's what he had, was that it was a choice or he had to. Like Billy, he's hot, but the hair was a little much. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was weird to just open on Kelly and Brandon and bed again and not have any like romance, not have any.
Speaker 4: Court like they're making it seem like just sex, but it's not. They're like meant to be. No, they're fully together.
Speaker 1: They've been traveling with the Washes and they're having family dinners and the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I do like your banter with him though. It's so cool and sweet and just authentic. And I like Kelly with.
Speaker 4: Him, Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: I like Kelly already in season five way more than I did in season four. Like she just seems happier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're fun and bubbly, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just seems like confident and secure and fun and she doesn't give.
Speaker 4: A lighter lighter much more because.
Speaker 2: Dell Wig is gone and he's not bringing her down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very You've been totally accepted in the family. It's like you're going on trips with them. It's all good. I also must say I like your betting that strip dark Bedding with the Paisley as the That was well done.
Speaker 4: Very pritts, very pritts.
Speaker 1: I actually was surprised I hadn't remembered that you had traveled with them to Minnesota, Lake Minnetaka or whatever.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem like a dream vacation for Kellen Taylor, but okay, I, on the other hand, would appreciate a good Lake Minnetaka vacation.
Speaker 4: I like lakes. You like lakes.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they just Kelly and Brandon do seem together. I just wish that the storytelling had gone a little differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you are telling everybody now, it's not going to be a secret for long.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody's finding out. I just think it's still so weird that they all don't talk for the whole summer. It's just weird.
Speaker 1: But there's no cell phones, there's no really maybe attached to the BMW's no Internet, Like, what are they going to mail letters to each other, like you didn't talk for the summer landlines.
Speaker 4: But why why are you not at the beach apartment? Did you move out? And are you going to move back in? Or what's you're staying with your parents? Your parents you still have their house?
Speaker 1: Well, because they were in a fight. So here's what my theory on that you two were fighting. So she went to Houston for the summer. She's back for a week or whatever, but she's staying at home because you two were on the outs. But now that you're gonna be fine again, I think she's.
Speaker 4: Gonna come back. Yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Well I'm saying that like I don't know, Wait, okay, go to the Lax just gave me anxiety? What just filming there? Looking at them film there made me fail anxious, like I was about to miss my flight and I didn't care for it because that was like the real Lax. But was the whole point of going to Lex just so we could see Howie Long?
Speaker 4: Like why was how Long on the show?
Speaker 1: So I believe there was something where the NFL was on Fox maybe now and we did a whole thing with Eye, So I'm pretty sure it was like robot replacement.
Speaker 4: But that was just like Sinne football scene.
Speaker 1: And did he call Steve Freddy? I was like, Freddy, I don't know. I thought he called Steve the wrong name. At first, I'm like, Freddy, Freddy, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: My agin they were so scared, They're like, it's Howie Long. We would just let it go.
Speaker 4: It was because you know what, he is a very large man, and the like some picture of all of us with Howie Long home. How about the Raiders were in LA.
Speaker 1: It's like the Raiders were in Oakland, then they were in LA, then they were back in Oakland, and now they're.
Speaker 4: Like in Vegas, so they're not even It's so crazy. Tory just fell asleep. WHI you're speaking foreign language totally like I'm out.
Speaker 2: I just saw you go.
Speaker 1: Like and then was anyone disappointed when Howi Long's like, not a word to your mom and I was like, oh, it's gonna be juicy. And then it's just like how he Long fantasized about Steve Sanders' mom.
Speaker 4: And then he was gone, and who cares? But he did another scene. No, I only saw one, I know, but there's he was at the Walsh House for some reason, or I guess that was just like maybe sure we all took with him, or oh, I can't remember. I don't know something we did something big with him. I don't remember. He might come on another episode.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about Steve devoting his love to you and telling Brandon at the airport, I'm coming home for the love.
Speaker 4: Of my life. Ridiculous? Too little, too late? Give me?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Steve, We've already done this, Like, I feel like we've done this too, maybe three times.
Speaker 4: At least where he getting but Kelly calls it out.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, every time he gets stumped, he comes back to me, which is sweet and she handles it nicely, like but it's still just.
Speaker 4: Heart crushing for him, over and over.
Speaker 2: You know who was in the show a lot this week?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: The boom?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Tell us where? Tell us where he?
Speaker 2: When I talk about the boom, But the boom was even at Lax, y'all. It was in the in the house, it was at Lax, it was in the hospital, it was everywhere.
Speaker 1: Are these loves or is this because we watch on Bigger screens.
Speaker 4: Now, oh you've mentioned that, maybe, Like, how could they have it in there so much? Could be I had a big screen TV in nineteen ninety four. No, but it just wasn't. He was telling us how it's different now, Well, because it's square.
Speaker 1: Back then, the TVs were like square. So then when it went to rectangle, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know that cut off the top.
Speaker 2: I would think, right, it seems there's no excuse for it.
Speaker 4: It's just there's no excuse.
Speaker 1: How about the traumatizing scene with the baby hand the Hannah flashback?
Speaker 2: Like what why? Why did they do it?
Speaker 4: No? Really traumatizing? Right?
Speaker 1: Did they have nothing else for her to be a part of that? We had to see that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the black and white flashback and the breastfeeding.
Speaker 1: The baby's turning blue code blue?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, this is like not okay.
Speaker 2: And but for no absolutely no payoff other than for her to tell a little story to a complete stranger and never see that girl again.
Speaker 1: And once again her intuition is always right.
Speaker 4: But is that Gab's real baby? Guys? I wondered that. I'm totally wondering, why do you think that?
Speaker 2: Well, because she had a baby, have attack on the boob were there?
Speaker 1: And would you not want your own baby not her boob?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And she felt she felt so natural with that baby. I felt like, because didn't she just have a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, I went through my mind that it was definitely her real baby.
Speaker 4: But like, I don't know, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I wondered, what why is Valerie so tan if she's from Buffalo? These are the things, that's what you wondered that make me think.
Speaker 4: About when she gave the bree hands I'm not straight hands? Well, tann Yeah, I remember Tiffany had a tanning bed in her house.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, she is cute. She's definitely cute. But when she gave the wink and the finger gun?
Speaker 4: Did you guys see that when they were playing basketball? So okay, what do you guys think?
Speaker 1: Come on, you gotta tell me because I know you're not telling me, Like, do you hate Valerie?
Speaker 4: Do you like Valerie? Were you?
Speaker 1: Were you not welcoming to Tiffany? The boys welcoming.
Speaker 4: To Well, you have to.
Speaker 2: I'm not picking my face.
Speaker 4: There's like a little bump er there. I can't so distracted? Sorry, are you avoiding the questions thank you both are like did you not like? Were you like? Why did they bring her in? What were you guys?
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say regards press, I remember Tiffany's like first stay on set, there was a lot of press there, like they like they were doing interviews with her and stuff.
Speaker 2: I remember, you know then, not as I would think these ways now as adult, but as a young girl, I remember thinking, yeah, why are they bringing this girl in? Like we're doing great? Do we need to have what? Why is someone coming to fill the Brenda shoes? It just felt like, I don't know, it just felt like I didn't I didn't get it, and I was probably not.
Speaker 4: That open to the concept. M hmm.
Speaker 2: But it worked for my character, that's for sure. Because Kelly and Brenda, I mean Val and Brenda never got along on the show.
Speaker 4: You're Kelly, You're Kelly, Kelly and other Kelly.
Speaker 2: You know that one Kelly and Val never got along? Oh right, right right, Like it was always and.
Speaker 1: This can be life imitates again, like you never know.
Speaker 3: I was just like me slashed on as usual, like Hi, how are you welcome?
Speaker 4: Please like me? And also Killy, Yeah, this story in my life.
Speaker 2: Also Kelly's very intuitive about people and their character, and she goes off her gut and they feel like Kelly smelled our RATTOUI rat tattoo.
Speaker 4: A pot smoking ratui. Yeah, I just want her to know that they're gonna smell that.
Speaker 1: I guess there's a whole internet thread about she rolls it with one hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and those aren't her fingers, by the way, rolling that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I kind of remember reading that. Definitely not her fingers. Interesting. I did look at the nails.
Speaker 2: It had long nails, had long nails rolling it, and she didn't have long nails.
Speaker 4: Right, I remember that she didn't know how to roll it, so that someone had to do it, it is. That's interesting. They didn't consult you guys at all about that's done? Did they? Did you have chemistry reads with her? Or like?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? Like, that's weird that they just brought her in and dropped her in.
Speaker 4: Why we're just actors on this show.
Speaker 1: But don't you normally have chemistry tests.
Speaker 4: For another female lead?
Speaker 2: I don't, So it's not our.
Speaker 4: Place at all. We just did what we were told.
Speaker 2: It just was really weird watching Valerie in Brenda's bathroom like that, and then I just my overall gut instinct as a viewer watching it and being connected and attached to the original cast and to Brenda and to Brenda's bedroom. I was like, I don't like what's happening. I don't like what my eyes are seeing. I don't understand this.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: It's upsetting me. And that she's now gonna be a bad girl instead of instead of a main character that we love. But do people come to love Valerie?
Speaker 4: Love to hate Vallerie's character? Yeah, love to hate?
Speaker 2: Was anybody ever like how they feel about Brenda?
Speaker 4: They? Did they ever feel that way about Valerie? Like after a while?
Speaker 1: No, because she doesn't stay. Also, she leaves too, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Leaves? She doesn't leave there at the end? What in season ten? What?
Speaker 1: I don't think she's there, Tiffany Thesen did how many episodes?
Speaker 4: You mean? I don't think she stays? So? And then they brought Yeah, oh Vanessa Marcel came in. That's what. She doesn't even stay that long. Why did she leave? Why did she leave? Like? Why did she leave? Yeah? Well I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I just you that doesn't make sense she would come in season five and then leave before season ten.
Speaker 4: She definitely leaves, you guys, And I'm just so.
Speaker 2: Used to the show like having the bad Girls be guest stars where they kind of come a upset the Apple car do their thing and then the group is affected. But this is a main character who now they're choosing to make a bad.
Speaker 3: Girl, but very like Aaron Spelling dynamic of it all, like with Dynasty doing like you know, Alexis Carrington Colby s Jone Collins. And then it worked on i mean Melow's place bringing in Heather Locklear as Amanda.
Speaker 4: So I guess they were like, oh, this is what happens, and we can now do that with this show because they've gotten older.
Speaker 2: I mean it worked, Amy before you mentioned the fashion the long dresses. Oh yeah, brings me to my question, why the heck with Kelly wearing Nana's dress to the nightclub. That was one of the ugliest dresses I've ever seen on Kelly Taylor, and then she wears it to a dance club.
Speaker 4: We had costume designer change up somewhere in the seasons. I'm wondering if it was season five, I feel like it was it because I just came in like season five. Maybe Molly Campbell. I don't mind. I'm not minding the fashion. Here's the part where we should probably do.
Speaker 2: Like our research before we do the podcast to say this is the season that Molly Campbell took over amartment. But that's not how.
Speaker 4: We roll you guys. We are in it with you moment to moment. Yeah, I like it that way.
Speaker 1: So I might be stupid, it said the Internet says she's on for six seasons five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. That would mean she stayed till ten. But I have no memory of her being in the finale or she.
Speaker 4: Was at my wedding. Then am I stupid right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I guess I'm stupid for some reason. Now I just we drink together off screen. I thought she hotel where we feel on the wedding? Yes, is she not there? Or ten? No? She was there?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so easily convinced that when you told me she was, And I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: Because.
Speaker 1: Because Lindsey Price comes and there are so many people that I do not have a memory of her being at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Her forgive me, please save your hate, save your hate email. Once in a blue moon, I get it wrong.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm Chris Harrison, host of the Most Dramatic podcast Ever. I'm just like you, always looking for something interesting, heartfelt and entertaining to listen to. You know, Look, maybe you used to watch a show every Monday night and now you have a lot of time on your hands and you're looking for something new, someone who's here for the right reasons. If you will, I've got you. Listen to the Most Dramatic podcast Ever on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, it's jenn Ashkwitz and Kevin McHale from and That's what you Really missed Podcasts. We are going through all six seasons of Glee and we are giving you the behind the scenes stories of what it was really like filming, the musical numbers and episodes.
Speaker 9: It's been so special to revisit the show that changed our lives with some of our closest friends and to share some of the most authentic and real experiences we had together, completely raw and unfiltered. Plus, we chat with our co stars like Jane Lynch, Chris Kolfer, Heather Morris and Beriley, Harry Schamp, Junior, Court Over Street, Josh Susman, Max Adler, Rome Rosemont, John Stamos, Alex Snull and Dot Marie Jones on the pod, and so many.
Speaker 4: More to come.
Speaker 9: We have some exciting guests coming up.
Speaker 8: And we can't forget the behind the scenes crew who made it all happen, Our dear friends and literally the hardest working crew in Hollywood. From creators Ryan Murphy and I and Brennan to directors, camera operators, musical directors. We are sharing all of our experiences on Glee.
Speaker 9: So meet us in the choir room at McKinley, Hi, and join us weekly on and that's what you really missed available wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Speaker 4: There was a funny point in the show when when I think Andrea was on the phone with somebody, maybe it was Dona, and she's feeding the baby and then the baby burps, did you guy, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, that burp wasn't a baby.
Speaker 2: That was definitely like a gaffer's burp, like somebody off camera, belish, and they just decided to keep it.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy to notice that because I was like, wait, my daughter and I literally we just turned to each other.
Speaker 2: We're like, what is that?
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 1: There's a few things in this episode that I love so much, one being our stars have sag cards, Oh my god. And the other one, oh, you're a combination of Mariah Carey, Heather Locklear, and Cindy Crawford. Yeah. I was trying to wrap my head around, like she's none of those things at all.
Speaker 4: What I care, no, nothing. Maybe Charles Rosen and Larry Mullen thought that's what she looked like, but.
Speaker 1: They obviously had to throw Heather lock there in there because of Aaron Spelling.
Speaker 2: But right, all Brelly, let's just call them Brelly. They're they're very comfortable with p d A. Apparently they're making out in the Domini. Is it weird for you, guys, because I would think it would be. Donna just accepts that Brandon and Kelly are a couple without batting an eye, and I don't know, it's weird for me to just see them make it out all the time.
Speaker 4: Now. It's kind of like Kelly and Dylan in front of Brenda as soon as they were like together at school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't weird other than Valerie with the stink eye, and I thought she was.
Speaker 4: Brandon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in the bathroom I thought she was Wait are they related? Yeah, No, they're not related.
Speaker 4: Oh they're not.
Speaker 1: Well, she's family friends, they're not related.
Speaker 4: He's her first she's his first.
Speaker 1: Kiss, right right, right, So yeah, she's got it bad for him, and she's really not a fan of you, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Kelly, I see where this is going.
Speaker 1: She's all stink eye at you, and then she was all flirty over the toothbrush.
Speaker 4: And then she's gonna go on to take all of our men on this show. Damn it. I just remember she takes all of our men? No, she does? She take David? Does our men?
Speaker 2: Wait, Brandon hooks up with Valerie?
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: All of the guys hook up with her. Well, that doesn't make me like her very much.
Speaker 4: She does she take Steve too? Yeah? I think everybody she shared ish, well, they're gonna looks like it. I think every single boy on the show this is I can't. Let's keep a track, Let's keep.
Speaker 2: What about when they fear?
Speaker 4: She doesn't go for Jim Wall So I'm safe.
Speaker 1: The hug wigged me out, though there was like a weird hug you caugged too much.
Speaker 4: Too much? Oh, I didn't think. So, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think because I know she's so sort of dark evil or like.
Speaker 2: She's like a bad no good for everything.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'll take them, I'll date them for the credit cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I'll just put on a happy face and dance.
Speaker 1: Well, they wanted to bring her in, I'm assuming as the villain, right, but Tiffany Theson isn't really the villain type.
Speaker 4: She's sort of the fun nice.
Speaker 3: Girl, right, which is a great casting move because she was the opposite of Kelly Saved by the Bell funny.
Speaker 4: She was a Kelly Simlano maybe would have been better. Well, never know, guys, it's not how the future went. And I like Tiffany, but I don't I never would.
Speaker 1: I never really bonded with Valerie, and probably why I forgot her in the last season.
Speaker 4: I just didn't bond with her. Feel closer with Claire. Hmm.
Speaker 1: By the way, really, if I may interject with something crazy, which I hope Randy is on here, So you know the guy that comes to nine O two one, Oh, his name's out of my head right now, but I know he's I know he has the same manager you have. And he comes on nine O two one. Oh, Daniel Cosgrove. Daniel cosgro he plays and like the character he plays on Sex and the City. Oh my god, do you watch it?
Speaker 4: And just like that, I've.
Speaker 2: Pictured though that he that he's going to be on Oh now like the new just like that? Yeah, Randall, Randall, James, mister Hollywood, mister showviz.
Speaker 4: I'm here, Randy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great job if you played a part in him getting that part.
Speaker 4: But did you watch it?
Speaker 6: He loves taking jobs that are like kind of in a way make a fool of him. But he I don't know if you remember him on Billions where he did you ever watch Billions? He plays a recurring character.
Speaker 2: On that and his main.
Speaker 6: Debut on the show is him getting out of a pool from shot from behind, completely naked.
Speaker 1: And I do remember, of course I remember that. Oh my god, Well this one's the same. Can we I'll just tell you guys two words and then I'll make you want to watch it. Okay, Henus Pump.
Speaker 2: Wait what about when when Brandon was he was saying goodbye to Kelly? Okay, right at the end, and then he goes back well, first of all, before your moment, he comes back to the car and you know, basically breaks up Steven val about to kiss, right, and he says something so terrible that you could never say today.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't even catch it, but I tell you about is someone going to ride in the front with me?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she changed my name to Jeeves because it's like that, the butler's name. He's yeah, isn't it like that?
Speaker 2: There's moments like that You're like, oh my god, things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always the cringe, you guys.
Speaker 2: When Kelly walks gets up and walks into the beach apartment and look, here's something and looks back. I was scared. It was a bit scary because she was alone. She lives in that beach apartment by herself.
Speaker 4: At this moment, who do you think was coming? I don't know. I don't know. I was getting excited. Maybe a serial killer is coming on, Like things that are about to happen, I know, to Wan of Us, this is when it all starts happening.
Speaker 1: Like, but Dylan is so distress, he's so drunk, and he's so bad, and he's so hot.
Speaker 4: He's like all at the same time.
Speaker 2: Lifeguard hobo man, like I don't know, he's like.
Speaker 3: Say that again, you can't see like a yeah, he's like a hot lifeguard, I don't know, creeper, creeper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, edit out hobo.
Speaker 2: We didn't really talks like James, like a like a unhomed James Dean.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't talk about his like broke ass, Like now he's.
Speaker 10: So drunk and a mess and Hen and he has to sleep on the beach and we find out that he saw their mugshots, like when he calls the police, their pictures are in the mug book or whatever he called it, like and and you're just.
Speaker 2: Like like, oh my, I really heart Throb to bah outcare.
Speaker 4: And like is he fully broke? I don't know, but he looks real cute and his double denim.
Speaker 1: Also, I loved his editorial comments to his voicemails, like his answering machines going off. But he's like drunk on the couch commenting to each of the each of the messages. And I was just like, oh God, he's a mess.
Speaker 2: I would have liked to see him a little more over the edge, a little more drunk really a little more like he had just you know, gone off the deep end.
Speaker 4: Maybe I think. I don't know. But when virus leaves a message, do they have they have to pay her? Course, like just for that as a voiceover?
Speaker 1: God, jeez, unless your dad had some deal with her where he could just be like, can you do me a solid?
Speaker 2: He calls her, records it on his phone.
Speaker 4: I don't like backbone. I don't like dirty drunk Dylan. I do I kind of do.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know that. I know that she gets she likes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Brandon's cute. Maybe maybe Kelly will shave his face for him in a sexy bathroom scene in the next episode.
Speaker 4: That would be wonderful face that hair on his face? What do they call it? Go tea?
Speaker 3: Go tea is what they did on the calendar when the boys, like remember the boys did that calendar all of the boys in nine to two one hour for of course for the girls. Didn't someone draw like an evil like go tea on somebody afterwards?
Speaker 4: And he liked it, so he grew one comic book. I hope that goes away fast the same. I don't think we're alone in this feeling, thank god. But he's so I'm ready for I'm ready for Casper.
Speaker 1: Van Dian and Jamie Walters to show up for Donna. I'm ready for Donna to have someone.
Speaker 2: Because, yeah, why are you pining looking at David like that in the nightclub and after.
Speaker 4: A leave me alone? No one saw it? I did it. I did it. No one saw it.
Speaker 3: I told you I was fine, and then I walked away longingly looked at him.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 2: I just want to be there. I want Kelly to be there in that moment to like smack you to your senses.
Speaker 4: Cut it out.
Speaker 1: Ohone at the bar with like the long cord and she's like talking over the bar with the long cord.
Speaker 4: It's just like.
Speaker 2: What it was this episode?
Speaker 4: What do you guys rate it? I love it? Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean you didn't love it? Okay, so what do you what number do you give it?
Speaker 4: Nine point two? Yeah? My people are back. I love it, like I'm I go with a six? What sorry, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with a six too, all right? Solidary, Oh my god? What what change? My are you guys talking? Not prepared for all this change and not handled correctly the change? Like yeah, like just I'm feeling left out to dry as a fan. Right now, I don't feel I can recover.
Speaker 2: Like I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't have my feet's under me. No, I'm worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm not saying it's perfect.
Speaker 4: It's God its flaws, but it's still amazing. All Right, We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: It's juicy, and we're getting set up for a lot of juice. Like we're like Dylan's all a disaster and Kelly and Brandon and Valerie or pot smoking Valerie is going to stir up trouble and we got to figure out what's going on with Steve per usual Donna, Like it's just like.
Speaker 3: David's drowning in his crabs crabs? What what's happening?
Speaker 4: You tell us?
Speaker 1: Poor Andrea is going to have a boring storyline. But otherwise it's.
Speaker 4: Why because being a mom. Oh actually, I do forget about the one part that's gonna come. What what's gonna come?
Speaker 2: You already know we sort of some weird foundation for trouble in River City with Mark there just Jesse.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's the bartender.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're onto something, yeah you are. Yep, nothing can ever go right in somebody's life. No, she finally found happiness, had a baby, and something bad's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You're right, Yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 4: It's very, very exciting. I will give you quite Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is your homework, you guys. Next episode is season five, episode two, under the Influence. Oh, I bet that's about Dylan.
Speaker 4: I think you're right, or is everyone under the influence of Valerie?
Speaker 2: Valerie, Kelly's not tell you that much, and I'm just you guys. I'm speaking as Kelly. This is not Jenny.
Speaker 1: No, we know Kelly doesn't like her just because of the right.
Speaker 4: I get it, and I'm just here to be liked. We'll see next week. Tory, I love sort young Tory.
Speaker 6: Please like me.
Speaker 4: We like you, we love you. Thank you, Bye, everybody,