Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Jattie and he Armstrong and Getty Strong.
Speaker 3: So that somebody yelling at protesters saying we love immigrants and you should to use stupid mf for once again as people always do. In fact, I'm about to have that in the story we're going to do from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: Quit conflating illegal and legal immigration.
Speaker 3: Have a grown up discussion, or I won't even engage with you unless you're going to point out that there's a difference, that there's two different things. I'm not talking to you. That's what everybody should say. That's what that's what every Republican should say when they go on those Sunday talk shows. Okay, I gotta stop.
Speaker 2: You're right there.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna pretend that we're talking about legal immigration when it's illegal or legal when it's legal, and keep going back and forth by using one word, I'm not having this discussion. If you would like to act like a grown up and have a distinction between the two things, we can engage. Something we've been saying going on three decades now in for years, it is astonished me the number of people who are willing to engage on the bizarre terms of the other side, Like you're describing what are you doing? Are you just a coward? Do you have no confidence in your own needs? Well, you know conclusions in ill acts. Say, make your argument. You you believe in illegal immigration, make your argument. Your argument sway me or sway the American people on why we need illegal immigration. But don't start with the Statue of liberty and we're all immigrants.
Speaker 2: And crap like that. Jesus, what are you well?
Speaker 3: And anybody who got backed up and stimied by that on our side of the aisle, you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: Get out of the way.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what to say. They invoked the Statue of liberty. They make a pretty good point. Okay, So we got into this yesterday and there's an update on the story in the Wall Street Journal. It's confusing. So Trump ran on deporting all illegals, and then polling showed two thirds of American wanted every non documented immigrant deported. Then Trump vows the biggest deportation program in world history. And then you got his guy Stephen Miller. One of his main advisors, who actually does want to deport everybody who's here illegally. And then they start last week or week before, as we all know, raids of farms and restaurants where they were grabbing people that were just here illegally, not with criminal records in all cases, and round them up to try to boot them out with the caveat that they are here illegally.
Speaker 2: That is the law.
Speaker 3: It's it's not insane to want to enforce the law. That's not crazy. It's just very disruptive. But anyway, let me read from the Wall Street journals. It's also not nearly as popular as you portray it. We quibble about this all the time. Those two thirds of people did not mean that.
Speaker 2: They just didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's like the flip of people take Trump seriously but or not literally but seriously, and it ought to be vice versus Stephen Miller.
Speaker 2: You need to take literally he wants to deport everybody. I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's illegal to be here without documentation. It's illegal. So either come up with a new law or boot them out, is my position. My prevalence would be to come up with a new law. But you can't just decide, you know, and be disruptive. So we'll ignore this law, like you said yesterday, Which other laws we can we ignore? How about the tax law? I don't like some of the star I think some of them are really over the top wrong. Can we just yeah, I understand on principles, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: You shout. We've been doing it.
Speaker 3: For fifty years, three hundred and sixty five days a year, the rubbers meeting the road. At some point you got to you got to enforce the law or change the law. Two choices. Yeah, so maybe enforcing the law is a good way to be a what do you call that? Something mechanism? Force the issue, to force Congress to actually change the law, or people to start running.
Speaker 2: On changing the law. Nobody ever talks about it.
Speaker 3: Who's come out in the last couple of weeks with their the law they'd like to pass.
Speaker 2: I've had this written that my lawyers look over. This is what I think the law should be. Who's with me?
Speaker 3: I haven't heard a single person say that I made the joke last week that I was going to drop a sea bomb on the air.
Speaker 2: The sea words.
Speaker 3: You just can't ever say, Congress, How often do you hear Congress needs act in this discussion right now practically never. I'm gonna use up all my time before I get to this, because I thought it was damned interesting. When federal agents rated Glenn Valley Foods in Omaha, Nebraska, last Thursday, they arrested about seventy five of the meat processors workers, roughly.
Speaker 2: Half the production line.
Speaker 3: The following day, the plant was operating at fifteen percent capacity and a skeleton crew strained to fill orders. Chief executive Gary Rower can't see a future that doesn't include immigrant workers, immigrant walkers.
Speaker 2: Are they illegal? Are they illegal?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: Ganget. I don't know if I'm mad at the guy because did he say that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's not quotes around that Wall Street Journal. Did you just blur the line between legal and illegal? Of course they're pro.
Speaker 2: Open borders because they're pro big business. God. That makes me mad is the guy saying I can't see a future that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Include illegal immigration or these people should be made legal.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'll just get back to the story.
Speaker 3: The chief executive said he can't see a few that doesn't include immigrant workers. Without them, there wouldn't be an industry. So then they go through President Trump's aggressive deportation, and he's got people within his cabinet that actually want everybody booted out, and then there's people that don't want everybody booted out.
Speaker 2: So Trump, again, like he often does, compinying.
Speaker 3: Like he's a bystander or he's doing a talk radio show and it's not his administration, comments like Friday or Saturday, and says, we can't be booting out. You know, people have been here for years working hard. Can we I mean, that'd be very disruptive. It's your program here, the president, what do you want to Trump traveling just in a different form than past administrations have sent them up. But the Department of Homeland Security last week DHS directed immigration officers to pause arrests at farms, restaurants, and hotels, stressing that sweeps should focus on people here illegally of criminal backgrounds. Okay, fine, But at the same time, dh just appeared to walk back its own directive. I don't know if somebody wrote that without Christy Nomes's knowledge or something like that in a letter to Immigration and Customs enforcement leadership over the weekend. Homeland Security Secretary, that's a person in charge of that very organization. I was just mentioning that said, let's not deport people or just airworking. Christy Nomes doubled down on the administration's efforts to aport millions of people living in the country illegally. We must dramatically intensify arrest and remove all operations nationwide. This is non negotiable as a national priority, right, say, we'll plan accordingly. Is your department that just said the day before not to so where are.
Speaker 4: You on this?
Speaker 2: Or maybe she doesn't know where the president is on this. I don't know. It's pretty clear to me what is happening.
Speaker 3: And I remember the first Trump administration was famously undisciplined in its messaging and like the coherence of the team, Trump's got a team of rivals to a large extent, and they all have access to social media and media leaks in a way that like Lincoln's team of rivals didn't. Plus, so you get conflicting messages coming out breaking news.
Speaker 2: Secretary Stewart did not tweet that's your breaking news. Yeah true.
Speaker 3: And the second thing is that Trump is more than willing to send a message to the business community. Yeah, we gotta go easy on the meat in the in the hotels and the agriculture.
Speaker 2: We gotta go easy on that. Then simultaneously truce out to the base.
Speaker 3: We're booting them all out, every single one of them. Pack your bags, folks, and everybody hears what they want to hear.
Speaker 2: Watch what they do, not what they say.
Speaker 3: Christinom went on to say, first she made sure her hair was cascading lovely around her shoulders, reglossed her swollen lips, and the lighting was okay, so she looked like she's on the cover of I don't know some fancy magazine. Ice agents will be judged every day by how many arrests you, your teammates, and your office are able to effectuate.
Speaker 2: Failure is not an option.
Speaker 3: I would take that as a thread at my job of like, if I don't have if I don't meet my goal numbers, I'm gonna get I'm gonna lose my job. Interestingly, though, she threads the needle in her next statement, if you were going to go there, go there. But she said, your workplace raids will remain a cornerstone of the President's deforportation plan. There will be no safe spaces for industries who harbor violent criminals. Wait a minute, whoa, whoa, whoa. That's different. That's threading the needle, or purposely try to undermine ICE's efforts. Well, what if I'm just running Joe's meatpacking plant and we just package up our delicious polk jobs with the help of some folks whose paperwork looks a little fishy, but they work hard in the nice people. I'm not harboring violent criminals, and I'm not undermining anyone. I think you should start booting out everybody. Just start booting out everybody, because it's the law.
Speaker 2: And you can until.
Speaker 3: Congress act, which might take a by the way, and I see what you're driving at now, enforce.
Speaker 2: The damn law.
Speaker 3: And if it's so disruptive in so many states that people are howling, and maybe Congress says, I suppose we better deal with this. Yeah, yeah, Maybe he could come out hand in hand with Chuck Schumer. That'd be a pu Corthy image. And Trump would say, look, my base won't let us pass serious immigration law, and Schumer says, neither will mine, and then we reckon with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So Trump was asked on the plane as he was flying back if there would still be exemptions on ice raids for certain industries, Trump said on Air Force one last night as he was flying back to the United States. Everyone is being looked at, but the bigger problem is the cities right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that answer means.
Speaker 3: So the Wall Street Journal has a little graph industries with the highest share of workers who are likely undocumented.
Speaker 2: You mean here illegally, you mean they're illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: Wall Street Journal taking the language of the left to soften illegal immigration for obvious reasons in my mind. But landscaping, almost a fifth of landscapers are here illegally.
Speaker 2: Private households only assess. Yeah, I think they're undershooting lots.
Speaker 3: But private households said, be like nannies, and you know, whatever else help you're getting from. It's almost twenty percent services to buildings and dwellings. So that would be all the people doing all the maintenance around your big building and all that sort of stuff. It's about eighteen percent. It looks like in this graph crop production. This has got to be low seventeen percent crop production. Maybe I don't know about the rest of the country, but in California it's sure.
Speaker 2: Got to be higher on it. Animals slaughtering and processing what you can get it. You have a better term for that. The meat the yo today, honey good killed about fifteen cows at job.
Speaker 3: That last one really struggled though. It's hard to get him down. Wait to go, dad, that looks like sixteen seventeen percent. I think those numbers are low too, but it's and I'm sorry, those those numbers were illegals.
Speaker 2: That's right because un document Yes, land of immigrants. I don't know if you're where are that?
Speaker 3: Give me your huddled masses and have him kill cows for a living. If we I'll tell you this, this will be my I'm giving myself the final word for me. If we go through. If we go through this moment without either enforcing the law or changing the law, it will never happen. And you read my mind, And we'll just have an underground brown working class that does stuff we don't want to do that we can exploit for lower wages and give him all the perks that you would get as a US citizen and uh and whatever. With the full support of the America's left, which is constantly shouting about equity and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, equity for all except for my maid, say the limousine liberals.
Speaker 3: Keeping in mind, while Trump was crowing about deporting everyone while he's running for president, he got half of Hispanic males to.
Speaker 2: Vote for him. Yeah, as a Republican candidate.
Speaker 1: Armstrong, the Armstrong and getting show.
Speaker 3: Douglas Murray, the fabulous British thinker, gave this speech. I believe it was thirteen years ago. He was right then, he is right. Now, Let's hit it, Michael.
Speaker 4: When Israel is pushed to the situation, it will be pushed to of having to believe they mean it. And when every bit of jiggery pokery behind the scenes runs out, when the un and distinguished figures have run out of time and Iran is about to produce his first bomb will strike, every single country, including this one, will condemn Israel. Everyone in the Middle East will condemn Israel. And they will go back to their homes and they will say in private, thank God for Israel. The Saudis, the Barralis, the Egyptians, the Libyans, the Lebanese, everybody will say thank God they did it, because nobody else would.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows Israel has the most at stake in preventing Iran from having nukes, and everybody's known for a very long time, as Murray put it so eloquently, that they would make sure there won't happen. And so everybody else had the lovely and still has the lovely luxury of saying where against violence and for diplomacy. Israel, with their violence in the attacks, we don't approve and then they go to their homes and say, thank god they did it. Yeah. I saw a number of people over the week and say this really sets back the ability to negotiate. Actually, Ran Paul said that among other people here we were in the midst of negotiations in Israel, did this.
Speaker 2: This is not helpful at all. You're in your nuts. Wow, Wow, that is just delusional. Let's go roll on with mister Murray.
Speaker 4: The proposition being put before you tonight is that you have a choice between war.
Speaker 2: And an Iran with the bomb.
Speaker 4: You have a choice, as has been said before, between war and dishonor you'll choose to honor this evening and you'll get war. You have the choice between a war with a nuclear Iran or a war at some point with an Iran that is not nuclear, which you stop from ever being nuclear, and hope that in stopping that regime in embedding itself, you will give the Iranian people the best chance.
Speaker 2: They will have of overthrowing that regime.
Speaker 4: But as I say, thank God, this doesn't rely on you or any Europeans, because you've made the same mistake before and nobody should trust you to get it right this time.
Speaker 3: So I was in nineteen eighty one that Israel took out a nuclear facility. At that time, was it who was it? The Iraqis that were getting close to having a nuclear weapon, And it was Prime Minister Monachem Began at the time who made that call. And Reagan said that that was awful and just just like Douglas morilated, the whole world condemned it.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 3: Prime Minister Began after his office out of office, was given the Medal of Freedom by Dick Cheney years later because in reality, behind closed doors, we were happier than all that Israel did what had to be done. Yeah, I'm cynical enough to get how domestic politics influence the pronouncements you make about foreign relations, even if behind the scenes your actual policies are very different than the proud But.
Speaker 2: It's just I get sick of it, you know. I'm just it's it's so obvious.
Speaker 3: If it's obvious to Austin Douglas Murray, I mean, it's obvious to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: What's going on now.
Speaker 3: I understand why Mohammed Bien Solomon has to pretend for the quote unquote arab street. You remember when that was a popular term. Anyway, I get why he has to pretend to condemn it and the rest of it. But our leaders, please just so phony.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Setty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: Forty percent of US high school students reported feeling said or hopeless in twenty twenty three, and twenty percent had seriously considered attempting suicide.
Speaker 3: I appreciated that Meet the Press on Sunday did not go with the usual news of the day, particularly around Donald Trump. They went with the crisis that we've talked about a lot and should be treated like a crisis. That people are lonelier than ever, young people are killing themselves and taking medications to deal with anxiety, and all of.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: We know all this stuff as being like a lead story, which it is, should be a lead story, the lead story every week.
Speaker 2: B this is what Trump did yesterday.
Speaker 3: For so cynical about these people, I wonder whether they're doing that for the right reason or if their ratings are just dropping off with never ending Trump hysteria. But anyway, back to the very, very important topics. Let's hear a little more from Christian Walker of Meet the Press, laying out some of the facts here.
Speaker 5: Two thirds of gen z report feelings of loneliness, and half of young adults report symptoms of anxiety and depression. Youth suicide rates are climbing. It is now one of the leading causes of death in adolescence and young adults. Almost one in five young adults report rarely or never receiving the social support they need. In our super connected times, over fifty five million US adults report frequent loneliness. The smartphones and social media apps that connect us to the world are also accelerating the crisis.
Speaker 2: That's one thing about this story.
Speaker 3: I feel like every single time we quickly get to smartphones, social media and everybody's aware of this already, there's a lot like there's not like the next sentence or the next whatever comes after that, So we should what don't make it? Have Superman fly around the world real really fast and turn back time to be four smartphones.
Speaker 2: If that were possible, I'd be all for it.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm trying to remember there was a great phrase by Caitlin Flannagan I think, who wrote that we're drowning in the stuff.
Speaker 2: It's killing us, but we like it under the water. Ah, that's pretty good. Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Now, combining a couple of things that are related and not related, I guess. So this Netflix show Adolescents that's getting a tremendous amount of attention. It's already got one hundred and fourteen million views, which is a lot compared to like regular TV shows. It's based on a horrifying story of a middle schooler boy who murdered his classmate girl. And one of the reasons it's getting a fair amount of attention by the New York Times, and Gavin Newsom talked about how he had to turn it off as horrifying is because they present a lot of it as right wing, toxic masculinity that is caught on on social media and the Tate Brothers and that sort of stuff. But and it goes too far all of that stuff is true, but it leaves out, you know, there's plenty on all sides of what's wrong with social media and what it's doing to people and their worldviews, especially young men. And then this story that also fits into it, I think, is this thing. It became a TikTok craze, but the I think there's a lot of truth in it. It's the idea of men calling each other at night and saying, hey, just want to say good night to you. You know you're a good friend, and saying good night. And I thought that's because that's a thing that usually gets taken care of by having a girlfriend or wife or boyfriend or husband if you're gay, but you have a relationship of somebody that's gonna text you goodnight, call you good night, or is in bed next to you, and so many people don't. Now it was kind of presented as like a joke, but I could see how that could be a thing. I'm not gonna do it, but I can see how that could be a thing because you're lacking that in your life. Nobody at the end of the day that says, yeah, thinking about you, goodnight, miss you, something like that. Yeah, these are very troubling developments. I'm struck by and I'm trying to find the right words. How much of this stuff is antiseptic? Is the closest I'm getting. What I'm what I'm driving at is online interaction, including everything that we've described so far. And you're gonna make fun of this, but go ahead. First day, laugh at you, Then they laugh at you more, then they really really laugh at you.
Speaker 2: But then the Hailey, who's a genius.
Speaker 3: I think that's how it ends anyway, an online relationship, porn, social media, online quote unquote friends. I remember railing about the term friends. Yeah, when Facebook first caught on, I was ahead of my time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the porn chick you're looking at is not going to text you miss you goodnight at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: But here's what just dawned on me is you're going through these things.
Speaker 3: All of those quote unquote relationships or being with those people. They have no smell, they have no taste, they have no feelings, physical sensation until the love bots come along and the rest of it. They are incredibly antiseptic. They and they lack all of the like like downside, all right, so you're you're you're with a girl. Maybe she's got bad breath. Porn doesn't have bad breath, for instance. It all is so lacking in the rough and tumble of real life that I think people can no longer tolerate the rough and tumble of real life of a lover who's occasionally insensitive or has bad breath, or is sweating from the gym or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and friends who annoy you and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if those are the examples that are keeping people.
Speaker 3: I think it's the but it's easy, it's all so yeah, I think it's the emotional effort is a is a problem.
Speaker 2: I've seen this with my own eyes, and it horrifies me.
Speaker 3: They like draw straws to see who's gonna call to order the pizza because it's so intimidating that crowd's not going to ask somebody out and make the emotional risk that is getting into her relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think pretty.
Speaker 3: Clearly true, or fight through the inevitable part of the relationship where you realize, Okay, this person is fully human and has flaws and annoys me at times, and we are sometimes we're going to have to do stuff that they want to do and not just stuff I want to do. I think that's a big part of it. To go back a second, and I don't want to get a hung up on this, because the point is not any of this. The whole point is not any of the sex stuff. But apparently, because I've read about this, I think I saw on the New York Post, you can, like a lot of these only fans women, you can get some sort of set up with them where they text you throughout the day how's your day going? And text you at night to fulfill that particular desire. That desire is strong enough that dudes are not doing it with each other, at least according to a TikTok trend. You know, just thinking of you good night.
Speaker 2: You can pay somebody to do that.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 3: Look, I can't imagine getting any satisfaction from that whatsoever. Hey, you've got to delude yourself. You'd have to delude yourself. The person I'm paying just texted me to say good night.
Speaker 2: Hi, good night everybody. John Fetterman, he's mine. Yeah. God, that is horrifying. But I had another probin.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: So, the lead on Meet the Press was the Surgeon General saying a while back that we have a loneliness epidemic. It's cutting years off people's lives. It's it's a leading killer because because it causes all kinds of different problems. So do you think it's just flat loneliness because.
Speaker 2: Of all the stuff we've just described.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a vicious circle of loneliness for the reasons we've been discussing.
Speaker 2: You have this antiseptic.
Speaker 3: Simulacrum, a foe relationship with various people from you know, and that you have your OnlyFans girl text you nice, sweet thinking of you, and then you begin to think, I mean, it's it's the stripper saying, oh, you're handsome on steroids, and people are primed to actually believe it.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, falling in love with a damn robot. It's it's it's it's awful.
Speaker 3: So if we're at the loneliness epidemic right when AI is taking off, and like Only Fans has only been around for a few years, it just seems like the timing is the the cures are coming.
Speaker 2: Cures.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll use my finger quote, because it's not curing the underlying problem. But I do know the ointment or the sav for the problem. They are getting They're getting better. Yeah, the band aids over the gaping wound are getting better. I would go with, oh, yes, yes, here's a really nice band aid. Look, it completely covers the gaping wound. Yeah, I'm telling you the human kind is doomed.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Showy or Jack your show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: I gotta handle this very delicately. Okay, I want to handle it delicately for this very nice mom who sent us a text. I will switch into delicate mode on your advice, combined with harsh mode I think is necessary.
Speaker 2: So this this, well, this is why we can't have nice things.
Speaker 3: As the cliche goes, this is why demagoguing issues in politics works.
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 3: An hour three, if you didn't hear it, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getdy on demand. Joe got into the whole big beautiful bill medicaid thing. We're getting ripped off like crazy with Medicaid. We're gonna get into more of it tomorrow with Craig Gottwaltsho was an expert in this. But we're getting ripped off like crazy, all kinds of healthy people. You're paying for their health care and other stuff for no good reason whatsoever other than then nobody keeps track of this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And because it buys votes, that's that's like the entire reason you're paying for it.
Speaker 3: And Phil Graham, former senator from from Texas from back in the day, tried to run for president once but he's way too smart to be president, has a PhD in economics, wrote a piece about how, no, this is where the money is. You talk about social Security, you know, and cutbacks and everything like, No, the money where we need to do something is in Medicaid. So we get this text, Hey, I have a daughter who's disabled and on Medicaid and Social Security, and I get to you guys who are trying to get people riled up and listening to your show, and I'm a strong Republican. But what you're missing is and then she lays out the story of how her disabled daughter can't take care of herself at all, never.
Speaker 2: Will be able to in her life.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, what you're dealing with, I can't even imagine, And how she needs that money and we don't have the courage to call her back and talk to her and get the facts on this story about her disabled daughter and how much she needs Medicaid. There will not be a single disabled person affected in any way by the proposed cuts, not one. And there isn't a single person us or anybody else arguing for someone like your daughter having their money cut.
Speaker 2: No, I would argue strenuously one hundred and eighty degrees in the other direction.
Speaker 3: This is why you demogogue these issues though, because it's sure that yes, her poor daughter and she will be left high and drive by the mean Republicans. That is one hundred and eighty degrees opposite of the truth you said. They we've convinced her. We convinced her even with you only talking about the scammers.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Her takeaway was like you and I are in favor of cutting her daughter's money. I mean, if that's the way it lands, no wonder politicians don't come with on one hundred miles of even trying to stop they scumbag liars.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's unfortunate, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is highly unfortunate, you could say, And we've seen this, We've been doing this for a long time. You can, as a politician, stand up in front of a crowd and say, look, nobody here currently getting Social Security that's over the age of sixty five will.
Speaker 2: See any a dime of that cut in their lifetime.
Speaker 3: But and then everything after the butt gets portrayed as you, as an old person, are gonna starve, right, And it's just there's just no getting around it, apparently, right, Right, man.
Speaker 2: I feel for you, ma'am. What in a rough situation you're in doing God's work, trying to deal with that.
Speaker 3: But nobody us or anybody is suggesting cutting the program for people like your daughter.
Speaker 2: Nobody, right, We would have more money for people like your daughter if the freaking healthy.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight year old dude playing video games and laughing at us wasn't getting all his stuff.
Speaker 2: Paid for, right. I don't know what you do with the reality of this. I think if you were to sit down with Carl Rove and.
Speaker 3: James Carvill I'm trying to be by party, maybe Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Charles Crouthammer, Jesus and John Wayne, they would that's quite a crowd, they would say, Jackie boy, Joseph, here's the story.
Speaker 2: That's what politics is. Grow up.
Speaker 3: You talk about trying to frighten or entice the herd in one direction or another, as if you're too good and too smart for that.
Speaker 2: That's politics.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're saying, that politicians go out there and try to frighten you on this stuff. What I'm concerned about is we made it clear we weren't trying. We weren't claiming they're coming for your to take your disabled daughter's Medicare.
Speaker 2: Politicians will say that sort of stuff Medicaid. Yeah, we weren't.
Speaker 3: We were saying the opposite, and it's still landed as if we were. That's what troubles me. Yeah, I think that's squarely in the department of things I can't do anything about. It's striking. I totally get your being troubled by that. Like I said, if you're a politician, you get up on stage and make it clear that I'm not interested in cutting your social security, But people walk out of the room thinking they're going to take my social security. Yeah, well, that we're done here, then I guess yes. As a as a country you mean yes, or as a system of government people, well, right, self governance doesn't work, That's my point.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, Well, the great Scottish philosopher what's his face?
Speaker 3: Uh with the you know, the republic will last only until the populace realizes they can vote themselves money from the treasury. And and what he didn't suspect is that, or maybe he did, was that there that politicians would be able to convince virtually all of the population that any effort to rein that in was indeed an attack on them and their well being.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, it just it doesn't work. Uh. The great.
Speaker 3: You know, overarching Joe Getty principle, there are actually several of them, many of them contradict each other, is that all systems can last only until those who had gained the system when over those who would protect a system. And it's like, you know, the constant battle between hackers and cybersecurity experts. There comes a point in a like a governmental system where a combination of manipulating the voters and then manipulating the systems behind the scenes becomes so sophisticated that the immune system of democracy is insufficient. It's like a septic infection in the bloodstream. So monarchy now, I don't know, I'm old you all figured out.
Speaker 2: Good luck if you're old already.
Speaker 3: Nobody is going to touch your Social Security period. No, if you are actually disabled, nobody's going to take your money period. Nobody wants to. Nobody's even suggested it, right, and yet it is the easiest cell in the world. If any Republicans say we're gonna rain in Medicaid waste fraud abuse, they're gonna come take the money out of the mouths of your disabled children, and people believe them.
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do. I'm in an accepting mood today.
Speaker 3: I have accepted it, probably because I'm excited about my new political part party, the F y'all ickens. You gotta have AI design a logo because that's a good I like the capital F capital y apostrophe, a L L dash I dash cans f y'all.
Speaker 2: It cans.
Speaker 3: We need an animal, though maybe the turkey is the donkey and the elephant, or taken clearly.
Speaker 2: Maybe we have the turkey. Has heard in a previous clip which Ben Franklin wanted to be our national.
Speaker 1: Bird, Jack Armstrong and Joe
Speaker 2: Strong and Getty Show