Speaker 1: A team goal that I can chair is I know that we want to be the best defensive team. And I think that a very doable goal because it's everything you can control. It's all about communication. It's about knowing your teammates, what they're good at, what they're brat at, and like they're like, if I could be, then I know my hope Sie's going to be there. So it's all about building trust. And I think at the beginning of the year, like you're trying to do that now because you have a lot of teammates. People play defense differently, but you have to know our scheme. So it's just having feathers back. So I think we could be We're fast, versatile, I think, and so I think that we're going to have a pretty good defensive team. And I couldn't find my joy shampoo. What did you shave or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did shave. It's kind of cold in my apartment. I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: Really and it's been like raining non stop here.
Speaker 2: It's uh an Indie. It's i'd say it's it's not cloudy today, but there's no sun. It's like when the sky looks white almost do you know what I'm saying yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what April showers spring. No, that's not right, that's not how, that's not how that saying goes go whatever. Ready, episode you didn't like that intro about weather, keV, It was on purpose, it wasn't sure. Yeah, guys, that was a part of this intro talking about weather. That's what people do when they catch when they're catching up, you start talking about weather, and then you and you then you talk about other stuff.
Speaker 1: Dude, you really well think about it every time you talk to like your mom or dad, like back home. So I was the weather.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually fascinating. I think weather was invented for people to small talk about and like ubers or elevators. It's actually crazy how default that is for small talk with strangers.
Speaker 1: But I also think is that in the city too, because I definitely think it's like a Midwest saying of like like my grandparents all the time are like, well, the weather's you're a trainer.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I think I think. Here's my take on small talk about the weather. Also, guys, episode thirty nine, welcome back to show me how come back we get you? Guys, weather is something that every single person experiences every day. It's also ever changing, so it's like a it's like a variable that will always be different and ever you know no matter who you're interacting with that they are experiencing it as well as you, and it's the say you're experiencing it the same way. So it's like I can't think of anything else that's that generically different all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, dude, You're You're so right, And like I always find myself that I'm like, we're a beautiful day out, Like, wow, you got lucky today, you know what I mean? Like I I fall. I'm a victim to that because I do it all the time.
Speaker 2: I get in every uber and I'm like, it's kin of shit out.
Speaker 3: Yeah with the random parents talk like you know, when you have a kid now and all these events and you have to like small touvel on the parents. Oh yeah, but what weather is definitely a top of the power ranking.
Speaker 1: That's an easy go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You don't even have to have like any brain cells to talk about the weather, like it just is there for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you could go I wonder how long you could go talking about the weather.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, we should try, we should test it. You will try week Let's do it, dude, Okay, I'm not kidding, but like you have to if you talk about the weather, get on your it's apt and like Mike whenn yeah, you have to. You have to because I want to talk about all the time, but micro based around like Tan So I'm like, oh, yes, juv juv.
Speaker 2: Do you want to count it as if we bring it up or if even if someone engages with us and we give it back, like I think it's both ways.
Speaker 1: I think engaged. Like let's just see how many people talk about the weather. It is gonna be good.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Okay, podcast back, Sophie is still in Indianapolis because I can see artwork on her walls and a cowboy hat in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm hey today, I okay, So it is Wednesday, and I have been in this apartment for maybe like two weeks now, and it's training campsul like you're dis exhausted, like it's the long days, like we can get We're gonna get into it later in the podcast, but we have we have like a two hour practice just to day strictly defense. And if everyone knows who that is that's like a living hell. And so I just have been so tired yet I could get low and shuffle and that's my problem. I can't shuffle or get low. So it was a really fun practice to read. Oh, but I have got to clean, like I'm putting all my stuff away today, like it is a gift ship down type of day for me. So I'm I've had my second coffee already, like.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go second coffee. Yeah, holy hell, yeah, I've only had this much coffee. I I've told you about why I like to get coffee in the morning. Yeah, to get outside and yeah, interact with people and leave my apartment and then bring it back in and then I'll like and then I'll baby sit it throughout the whole day. Talk to me about I mean, we're what three days away from home, Opie?
Speaker 1: Is that Saturday? Yeah, Thursday, Friday? Yeah? Three days?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How are we feeling? Are you excited to get jitters?
Speaker 1: You know? I still I do. I do, Like it's just good like that. That's just means you're alive. And I think that like, yes, I will always get jitters, you know what I mean, Like I think that's like part of why you want it so much. But I think we're feeling pretty good, like our team is starting to click.
Speaker 2: When you left Phoenix for Indiana, walk walk everywhere. What it feels like to be traded, Well, I I always just feel like because being traded can be a great thing, but I still would always I still would always feel like my feelings would be hurt by the team that said goodbye to me. I know it's the business, but like I feel.
Speaker 1: You, I feel you. So here's my thing. I'm just gonna be very blunt and honest. So here we go. You know what's new. So there are specific players who like start their career with one team and in their career with the same exact team, and that's very rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very rick though it is.
Speaker 1: And I think I have the potential to do that in Phoenix if I wanted to. Oh but would that be said? I think sometimes when you're in that type of spot and you get too comfortable and like you don't really you're just too comfortable. You can't reach your max potential. You can't. You can grow, but just not to where maybe you could grow if you go somewhere different, right, And so actually they Phoenix did right right May They I was close with they did. They did. I wasn't necessarily too close with like our coach in the GM because they were new that year, but I had been there for you know, six years, and so I was really close with like the management pretty much everyone who worked there. And so they're like, hey, here's our situation at hand, Like this doesn't mean we won't ever want you back here, but like here's your opportunity. Here's what we're trying to do. And so we had a good conversation. I was like, you know what, like pick, yeah, I can get back to the Midwest. Like I missed my family, I missed my friends, I missed the vibe well the Midwest. A great opportunity here in Indiana because of the basketball piece, and so yeah, it's more my I will play like it was just a fresh start. And so I took it and I was so excited and then like the next day, I'm not ginning. I stayed my house and I cried the entire day because I was like, oh I was because I was like, oh my god, what am I doing? Like I finally have my people here. I'm finally like creating I had like a name of business here in Arizona. I'm making good money like all this type of stuff, but who knew coming near multiplied by one hundred and so I just like I think when you take big, big risks and stuff like that, it could be scary. But also like that is like the time when you when you start a blossom as well. And so I'm so grateful that I did it, but it's it's hard and so but how you were asking, like you'd always feel like a certain bite, Yeah, dude, there are some people, Like when I played in Phoenix last year, there are some people that I just did not like. And there was a couple of times like after I said I played well that game, and I like looked at some people and I sorry, but I was like fuck you because I just had to get it off like I would the odd fuck you guys, like it was my it was my decision to get traded too. So like I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't expect anything less, obviously, I.
Speaker 1: Know nobody does.
Speaker 2: Nobody will, damn.
Speaker 1: But it's fun. But our team, you know, we we opened up against Dallas, and Dallas was looking really freaking good. Ship.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you about, as he did have a quote, did you see Hey? No, she said, Honestly, I'm more confused. I thought you could be physical in the w and anytime I touched someone that's a foul. I hope I got that verbatim. Yeah, and she didn't get fined either.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually I was wondering how you'd feel about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have so many opinions on that now that I know that one, I think maybe she didn't get fined me because it's pre season.
Speaker 2: When was your first fine? How old or was it when this podcast started?
Speaker 1: No, I've been fined a lot, I feel like, but not not more than last year. This podcast has really done some damage.
Speaker 2: But it's been a while knock on wood. But the season is about to start.
Speaker 1: Getting started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get those going again.
Speaker 1: Okay. All I'm saying is I think she has a very valid point because well, you know what, New Year, Fresh art, and we've had meetings with the refs and they I think that they have owned up for last year truly, like all of our meetings, they're like, we've got to be better, like we have Like, wait, does that mean I get my money back, Like if they're starting to agree with what I saw the entire time, should I be able to get my money back?
Speaker 2: Kathy?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying anyway, I think it's pretty valid of what she says that, like it is so much more physical than any league mm hmm. But it's all about like how they're going to call the game, so like sometimes times you can touch them and sometimes you can't. So I think it's just like you have to get used to it.
Speaker 2: Like do you think or was this an issue like safe ten minutes into a game? Do you know how they're going to call it? Or is it is the was the problem last year that you couldn't even figure out how they were going to call a game like early on?
Speaker 1: I think the problem. Yeah, I think the problem with last year it was just too inconsistent, and like this is.
Speaker 2: Throughout the game, not throughout the season, but like the game was inconsistent. I think individual games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think both. I think like through the game it was inconsistent. From game to game it was inconsistent, but like overall and this is what they said, So you cannot find me on this because this is like quoting what they've said in our meeting is like they were like, we we have to do better, Like it was too physical, it got out of hand. We did not call things until like they're really talant. So this is what they say every year. Though, I was like, they are going and it's going to be very tik taking cult foul or tick tacking fouls call at the beginning.
Speaker 2: The beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then as the season goes like it just like turns out everyone's beating the shit out of each other towards end of the season. But like that's okay, because that's how it always is.
Speaker 2: Well, so also like in the beginning of season some I mean, obviously sometimes there's rule changes. Sometimes a league is like we're gonna be lighter on this, heavier on this, and so the beginning of the year is also we're going to give grace to officials because they're figuring out how they're calling this season and like what's gonna play. And you also do have to kind of set a standard for players and coaches like we are calling this shit this year, so like get used to it. This is how we're calling it. And so beginning of the year is probably tough as a player, agree.
Speaker 1: And for them, like they're trying to get back in their rhythm as well, Like they're human, like their jobs hard, Like I was watching an NBA game the other day and like everyone just shits on them, Like I truly do feel bad for them, like I did. But where I was gonna say, fun fact that I don't think a lot of people know is there is. I think it's been around, but I think there was more emphasis on it this year. But there was a committee of coaches, everyone got together, all the refs got together, and they decided what they wanted the season to look like. And so like our league and the refs are truly working together this year, and you know there's gonna be frustrating things. But even our cooks said, like we're gonna start calling. We have refs at our practice every day, and like you're like, we have been calling certain things because we know that the rest are going to be calling this this year, and so it's like you do have to grind to adjust to it. And Arco just said, we want them to call everything, like call everything, so then we know what's going to be even Yeah, but you know it's you say that and then once you're in it, You're like, stop ohn shit, So we're never satisfying.
Speaker 2: Do you does the w you have a flopping problem like the NBA does right now or not at all?
Speaker 1: No, that's nice.
Speaker 2: People are eating up SGA right now on the internet.
Speaker 1: Dude. Here's my thing about that. He is so damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like why even waste your time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I get it, like you can you can basically boy in And that's like part of the game of like getting people in boll trouble, like the mental aspect, I get it. But like he is so good that there are some calls that like like come on, all right, I'm just gonna say, I've been glued to my Jay Left patphones lately, flights, workouts, put coffee crimes. They basically want me twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: And the wild part the battery just keeps going. I honestly don't remember the last time I charged mine, it's been that long.
Speaker 1: And the sound holds up too super clean, gets loud when you want it to, and it doesn't get all the sorted on.
Speaker 2: I've been rocking the Overear pair on flights and it's a total upgrade. Noise canceling is clutch They're comfortable the entire time, whether.
Speaker 1: I'm in the gym, on a plate, you're just out walking around with music on it. Got something that fits whatever by my.
Speaker 2: Mom, headphones, earbuds, wireless speakers, and more. Get premium features without paying premium prices.
Speaker 1: Look for the Blue Box at Walmart, Target, best Buy, and more. Or use code something on jay lot dot com for twenty percent off your order.
Speaker 2: I have found. I don't know why this is, but I do think the W and the NBA are, without a doubt, the most vocal leagues about disagreeing with officiating. Like the NFL, you can't really no one does it that often, or you get fined. Baseball you get like like people like thrown out of games and there's fights, but it's never like public interview like it just it feels like the NBA and the W like people really share their feelings about not agreeing with officiating more times than not. You've been fined nine hundred times, Like it is a sport where people like aren't afraid to speak up, which I don't know if that's good or bad.
Speaker 1: I don't either. Like now that you say that, do do is there enough opportunity for NFL players to speak up against the refs.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I would argue no, because postgame national interviews are going to be like your quarterback who knows better most times, one player who had like an important play, and then everything else is going to be like locker room interviews. But that's usually like local radio, Like it's not like on a massive scale. I think football, guys, there's so much outside of your control in football that you can't control that. Like officiating is just one of like the eight things that you like aren't in control of. Where basketball there's five of you you have, like you can really take over a game, yeah, whenever you want to and fall and so many other things.
Speaker 1: I'm also saying with football, like they're literally tackling each other right, so like they can't really be mad about it being too aggressive or stuff like that, you know what I mean. We're like I feel like same with baseball, Like there's not a lot of like it's a it's a physical sport, but there's not a lot of like banging with the other team.
Speaker 2: Have you seen what baseball implemented this year, the challenges, It's kind of awesome. Okay, So as this as of this year. Baseball is doing a really good job right now. I think. I think the MLB is like growing the game in the in the best way possible. So like you, I like the human element of umpires, like you kind of get to know their strike zone, like sometimes it's bigger something it's smaller, like they're calling whatever of the game human error totally. But when games end, like in the playoffs on like a fucking shitty strike call, or like when it's purely no one's fault but the umpires, that sucks. So they implemented challenges, and a team gets two challenges. A pitcher, a batter or a catcher taps their helmet and then they review it electronically and then they say it's like a ball or strike and you either the ump was right or wrong. But then they go to like where it's electronic and you know or not. So so you only get to a game. I think if you, I think, if you get them right, then they give you one more at that part, keV. You might have to look that part up for me, Like if you keep, if you get them right, then you and you keep an extra kind of thing. But if you watch now, so like an umple call strike on a batter and it's like low and he'll tap his on it and then they'll review it and they'll be like, oh, it's a ball, and then you can go to first. And I think, but it's not where it's like taking over the game. It's like only like one or two moments to make sure the calls right. And you also leave it in the hands of like the players. It's not like New York gets to make the call. I think it's yeah, fucking awesome, and I think little tweak and it's great.
Speaker 1: And I also think it keeps the umpires honest right, Like I know they already are. I know they are. That's their job, Like they are doing the best they very can. But like sometimes emotions get involved.
Speaker 2: Here here it is, oh here you go. It seem gets too challenges. If you win the challenge, you keep it. Oh okay, nice, Oh so you get you get too wrong challenges then so if you're right, you keep them. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait, so could you be doing that the entire time?
Speaker 2: Then yeah, but you could only like they're gone if you get the call wrong.
Speaker 1: So like.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I think most teams what they've been doing is like, you're not going to use the challenge when it's like the second inning and there's one out and like nobody on it's you. You wait till like the seventh, eighth, ninth and use them in high leverage situations. But I think it's it's like a massive change to the game, but like in a minor way. I think I think they did it perfect. To be honest, I like that.
Speaker 1: But what I also enjoy is the review takes it says five to ten seconds. I feel like I feel like ours ours have dots to be quicker, like I've not.
Speaker 2: NFL struggles with that too. Football challenges take so fun the NFL.
Speaker 1: NFL is so long, but I do not understand why unless it's super complicated, but like basic calls that I could make, like like that, I don't get what it takes so long, especially if you're using the people in New York.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that's a great question actually, because they do take fucking forever. I mean, the the standard answer would be like you want to make sure you get it right, but yeah, watch it in slow mo, see what it's, see what it is, and then keep it moving. Colin Coward always says and I think this is such a great take. He's like everyone can think they're right watching a replay in slow motion, referees running around when shits fast, you don't, it's so hard. And also but like once you slow it down, obviously you see things at a different degree and the.
Speaker 1: Other thing worse or better when it's when it's not live. Yeah, I get well too.
Speaker 2: There's also things though that you would consider, like, yeah, if you watch it in slow motion, if say we're calling like a shooting foul, like, yeah, your arm like touches an elbow millisecond before she shoots, like okay, like you can call that if you want. But also if you watch it in real time, it doesn't affect her shooting motion whatever, Like you'd let it play so great, So emotion can be fat like not realistic if that makes sense, you know, And.
Speaker 1: I will say too if you really watch any sport, I'm gonna just stick with basketball, and yeah, yeah, yeah, you could call something on every play of course, like you can literally call it like probably five bowls every play. And so that's another thing, is like determining is it is it big enough to call? Do you need to let them play through? Like it is. I feel for the reps, like truly, I think that they have a very freaking difficult job. I do loot. I know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we have to write that down so the next time, yeah your past, I'll be like, remember and you said you feel for them, you fuck them right the positive and so some money back, be like all right, yeah, send it back? Do you have that? We just got real technical. We talked about officiating for like twenty minutes. What are your give me fever team goals? Championship or bust I would imagine, and Sophie goals.
Speaker 1: I like that. Okay, so this is so good. I actually want to talk about this because I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on this. And this could be in when you were an athlete, this could be business. I mean you're still athlete. Yeah I know, but I'm saying, like it could you could take this anyway. So yeah, I think I think our I think everyone's goal is always to win a championship like that everyone isn't like, especially when you have the talent, like everyone wants that that is a milk brainer. But I truly do think that, like it's all about your daily deposits, and so I know that sounds so simple, but like what are what are you doing? What is your team doing every single day in order to like move in a positive direction. You're either getting better you're getting worse every day, and sometimes getting better looks really shitty. Like yesterday's practice, we really did spend like two hours strictly on defense and life. And if we messed up and they did have were running, we were liketing suicide guests. Yeah, like it's everyone was looking around on.
Speaker 2: Like besides, okay, hey answer this honestly. Okay, where in the pack are you? When you guys condition people are usually always the same like their whole careers. I feel like from pop like Pop Warner to like college, you either are in the front, you hide in the middle, or you like are just really bad at fucking condition.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think that I'm I'm like hot, No, like I'm higher middle.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like, so we give a shout out to whoever whoever wins suicides who's always at the front.
Speaker 1: I think this year Kelsey Mitchell and Raven Johnson are always pretty girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so as the rookies go extra hard, like prove a point and like.
Speaker 1: Dude, you can't, you can't. Everyone has to go because she only gives you ten seconds to go to do down in bath, so like and if you don't make it, you're all on the line again.
Speaker 2: So it's is your head coach running that ship or is that your condition your strength and conditioning coach, our head coach. Well, again, not to do football comparisons, but like as soon as practice, if we have to like fucking run after do whatever, like he'll just whistle to the strength coach and then he makes this fucking run. You know.
Speaker 1: So if you have like extra conditioning or like if you don't reach a certain amount of minutes, our conditioning, our weight in conditioning coach takes over. But like during practice, if we're like doing drills or like we don't make it or we don't do whatever, it's her a call to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you have more conditioning if you don't play a certain amount of minutes in the game. I mean makes perfect sense. I just didn't know that.
Speaker 1: That's stay ready so you don't have to get ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to know the threshold. Do you know how many minutes it is to like be like you played enough?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't, but I will say that, like I think when you're a pro it sounds horris, but like you actually want to do that. Of course you want to stay in shape like you want to, you want to, I don't know, you want to be ready, like and I think that that's it's the fun part of Like you get paid to literally be in shape, Like how amazing is that? So like, don't take it for granted. But don't get me wrong. There are days where it's freaking hard and you're like, all right, but what the hell am I doing? The fight life?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna lie. After going to our first NASCAR race earlier this year, I totally get the hype.
Speaker 1: Now. The second those cars fire up, it's just chaos in the best possible way, loud fast. People are growing everywhere, friends losing their minds. The atmosphere is absolutely unreal.
Speaker 2: And now NASCAR is doing something that honestly sounds insane. They're bringing street racing to San Diego in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not just anywhere, at the naval based Coronado, like an actual active military race, which is so cool.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a full three day weekend two Truck Series on Friday, Infinity on Saturday, and then the Cup Series headline race on Sunday, June twenty first, and the whole.
Speaker 1: Weekend lines up with the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the United States Navy, which makes the whole thing feel even booger.
Speaker 2: Plus, street courses always bring a totally different energy, tighter turns, crazier moments, absolute chaos.
Speaker 1: Which honestly is exactly what we want.
Speaker 2: You can wrap tickets for this one of a kind event at NASCAR San Diego dot.
Speaker 1: Com and you can't make it out there. Check out the NASCAR Cup Series andrel two fifty Sunday, June twenty first on HAN Video at four pm Eastern time.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about your goals and team goals.
Speaker 1: Yes, a team goal that I can chair is I know that we want to be the best defensive team. Let's go and I think a very doogle goal because it's everything you can control. It's all about communication. It's about knowing your teammates what they're good at, what the brat at, and like they're like if I could be, then I know my hope side's going to be there. So it's all about building trust. And I think at the beginning of the year, like you're trying to do that now because you have a lot of teammates. People play defense differently, but you have to know our scheme. So it's just having each others back. So I think we could be We're fast, versatile, I think, And so I think that we're going to have a pretty good defensive team. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I love that. Okay, I really love that.
Speaker 1: Here are my thoughts on personal goals, and tell me how you feel about this, Okay. So I think you have a lot of people who are like, have goals writing down, look at them every single day, and I think that those are good to have, Like you want to have picture goals, and I think it is healthy to write them down, Like I think it is good to see them. But I think also personally, there are so many Like I could say, I'm want to be the top three three point shooter in art League, Like I could say that, but I feel like there's so much out of my control, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like you can't control how hot anyone else gets. You can't control who else is, you.
Speaker 1: Can't control how much you get the ball if you can't control how many minutes, like there's too much outside of your control where it's like okay, So for my thing is I think that I have goals in my head. But for me, my goal is like what am I doing literally every single day in order to better myself to like stay healthy, to be in shape, to make sure I'm getting my shots into like all this stuff. Because if I'm doing that every single day, that's my goal to like stay disciplined to that goal. Then at the end of the season, I feel like I'm going to end up where I'm supposed to be and I can control.
Speaker 2: That good habits. There's only two things you can control. I've said it on this podcast before, your attitude and your effort.
Speaker 1: That's it literally, So like that, but like think about like do you have goals for like your year?
Speaker 2: No, I like that, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: On things to like go after or like things like you would like to do. But at the end of the day, there's so many people and it's so political, Like there's so many people that are controlling all those streams that like what am I doing to like set myself up to be?
Speaker 2: Also, like are you countering your goal. If like it's the last there's five seconds left and Caitlyn's open and you pass the ball for like her to shoot, Like then it's like, oh, you're like, yeah, you're being a good teammate, but that's not helping you reach your three point. But yeah, So I think your mindset is yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think also it's like purpose overproving, Like what is your purpose in life? Focus on that over like proving proving yourself. So I just think, I don't know, there's just different mindsets.
Speaker 2: I think I love I love that job. So let's go fever. What uniforms are we wearing for home? Opener?
Speaker 1: Any clue, No idea, dude, no idea.
Speaker 2: You were white at home, Navy on the road, and then the stranger things ones.
Speaker 1: Well, we also, I feel like I don't even know. I don't even know what we have this year.
Speaker 2: I think I think we have Do you have anything new?
Speaker 1: I feel like we I mean, we had a red jersey last year, but I don't know. The only ones I've seen so far is blue and white. So I feel like you're red and I feel like you have a fun jersey. I don't know they don't tell us anything.
Speaker 2: If we're going to be a national TV every single game, let's get something. Let's get a fun one, right, I'm cool. I know you have black, you have white, you have navy, you said you have red.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have black this year because black was our stranger things last year.
Speaker 2: Oh and that's probably like a limited deal. Oh then maybe they'll do another like one off. That'd be sick. Who knows, Let me design those, dude.
Speaker 1: You should all right? Enough about me and should we get into Summerhouse? New episode drop last night? Did Kyle beat everyone's ass?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think I don't. I would imagine the fight is the last episode.
Speaker 1: There was like a kind of a viewed at the dinner table, you know. It was like Cusy and Kyle going at it, and then he turned to Amanda. He left throwing stuff, cans and stuff at the house, and then other people went outside and even Carl got into it.
Speaker 2: Very crazy.
Speaker 1: It is entertaining. Is entertaining.
Speaker 2: There was blood on my pants at the end of that that evening. Really, that's all I can say. Who's blood? It might have been mine, honestly, who knows, But lord, yeah, that's kind of that's what happens when uh were you guys drinking and stuff or what I mean, there's never a time where you're not watching time where people aren't drinking in that house. But uh, I think, yeah that that fight ended up being good for Kyle and Carl. Honestly, I sometimes with guys. I mean, I don't know about girls, but like dudes, you just gotta just let him go, you know, yeah, do get out a little Yeah. I mean, have you ever seen there's so many like videos on Twitter and the Internet where like guys are like like full blown boxing in the street. Someone gets knocked out, they stand up and they like wap up and walk off. What the heck?
Speaker 1: I will never understand that? Is that? Like is that like do you understand that as a man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Kind of, it's just like it's over, like and now we're like move on, you know. Ever, I don't know, I just that's what that's I mean, that's what animals do. Unfortunately, Uh, I'm not personally I'm not a fighter. But I also when I was in college, I remember being the guy who like when people would fight, it'd be like guys stop and like try to get in the middle and be like they'll like break it up, guy. And then I was like, these guys are like do whatever the fuck you want, like learn a lesson. You're either gonna get your ass beat or like get in trouble or feel bad, Like go fight, I like has nothing to do with me. Go fucking fight. And like, yeah again back when you got like, if these two people, whoever they are, whatever situation they're in, if they go fucking fight each other, this beef will be over in sixty seconds, Like it will be done, you know. And I just like I've seen it too many times. You know. It's just like it's just like high emotions, you know, into the summer again, drinks. I don't know, but that would be that would be crazy. Yeah, if everyone could fight like the end of Anchorman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that is such a good show.
Speaker 3: No touching of the hair face yeah hey.
Speaker 1: That was kind of our mom's rule growing up. Like when me and Linda were like getting fights, it was like, no hitting in the head, don't hit it anywhere but the head.
Speaker 2: What about hair pulling? That's whenever I see girl fights. The one thing I'm like, I always I always cringe at is like girls are grab fucking so much hair, and like, do.
Speaker 1: You want to know what's so funny? It's like, where'd you.
Speaker 2: Grab homegirl underneath the basket?
Speaker 1: Just a neck, just a neck. I didn't punch her. I just grab it by her neck. That's it's fun I mean, not doing any of that. But I will say that our mom always said, don't hit in the head, like, don't hit the face in the head because your brain is like the most important thing, and don't don't if you're if you're gonna do something, don't be pull in the air because that don't don't do that Like that is just like caddy and shitty, like if you're gonna do it. So our mom was like, if you're gonna be about it, be a bad damn mama. Pee was brutal, but like she wasn't all like think about that, Like I was, like, I also don't want to be fighting, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just never would. I would never. I would never spend time standing up like I I just it's that's so, it's just such a waste of time. I would always go single leg or double legg fucking takedown scoop and like have them on the ground and you're I'm gonna be better on the ground anyways than fucking boxing.
Speaker 1: But like, here's the thing when you when you actually know how to fight, like you know what to go for, you know what I mean? Yeah, and like all these other fights are like just pulling here and like, you know, like the caddy, but like go for the fucking kneed, go for the stem set, you know, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Okay? Wait, if you love basketball chaos, family drama, and people plotting behind the scenes, Running Point is back on Netflix and I am already in. It's from Mindy Kaling, stars Kate Hudson and somehow feels like the perfect mix of sports world pressure and absolute dysfunction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this season, I loave. Gordon's not the surprise choice anymore. Now everybody he's watching her, The team's bouncing back, the pressures up, and she's trying to prove she actually deserves to run the franchise.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, her brother's low key trying to take the job behind the scenes. So it's family drama, politics, pressure all mixed with basketball.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Kate Hadson running a basketball team, say less? Watch Running Point season two only on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I feel bad now thinking back. Like when I used to wrestle with my brother, we're too we're like our age gap is a little too big. Like I was big. I was bigger than him and I just kind of beat the shit out of him a little bit. And I feel bad about it now now me do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you feel bad, But like in the moment, you're also like that's like the sister and like brotherly love that.
Speaker 2: You need were you were you and Lindsay ever that much.
Speaker 1: My whole life because I'm just built different and like Lindsay, Lindsay just isn't like she's just not but but you know what, she's more like she's the one who like bingches and scratches, and I'm like, you know interesting, Yeah, there's different different methods.
Speaker 2: I just remember with my brother, I would tackle him and I would I would this is so bad, but I could end someone's day if we were wrestling, if I would scoop him up and then as I'm coming down kind of like let go of my feet and then put all my body weight in my shoulder and then just not just my brother, like I mean, I wrestled everyone like we was always wrestling, but like that was the killer is just a fucking shoulder right in your gut and take the wind out of you and then just keep it walking.
Speaker 1: I just like, why why is that a human thing? Like?
Speaker 2: Why why fighting? Yeah, like every animal on the planet, they all fight each other. It's for guess what, sex and alca.
Speaker 1: I don't think that I was fighting my sister for those things. No, it was moreover like a shirt that she stole for me.
Speaker 2: Well, that shirt would then go into protective protection and safety, and you were fighting over fabric, not sex. Opened No, but it comes down it's still like if you could break everything down, it comes down to like survival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know it's just stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean whatever, Yeah, I know, but I mean I whenever I whenever I see two drunk guys at a bar fighting, and I'm like, these fucking idiots, Like, they don't look cool, they don't look tough. However, I think about all those videos you watch. There's a there's like, let's say let's talk at let's say bighorn sheep, two big horn sheep on a mountain. Yeah, there's the female sheep, and then there's one of the rams comes walking through. Yeah, because he could smell her and then another one shows up because she either put out a mating call or they could smell her. Whatever, those two she's gonna she fucking waits there. And then those two sheep fucking ram heads at like whatever million miles an hour with so much force, and like, whoever whichever one of them backs down, the other one gets the girl. And it's so lame and we are civilized society and we should be better than that. But like I'm always like, it's just so core to like what animals have been doing forever. It's just in a bar and these guys are like drunk and there's like a bad song on. That's the only difference.
Speaker 1: Dude. Also, I was, well, I got like stuck on sometimes I get stuck on like African Safari type. I don't know, kik top stuff. I have no idea. Yeah, it really is. And I saw two hippos really going at it and like, dude, insane, Like it was. It's intense. It was super dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're fast. Yeah were they were they?
Speaker 1: You know? They yeah to male hippos going at it. Something that I love about male hippos or not male hippos, just the bos in general, but like you know, like when they poop, how they their tails, Like why did I do that? Like why did they do that?
Speaker 2: Because they can do whatever they want because they're hippos.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw a video also the other day of an orca at Sea World, so that orca is always pissed. It's yeah, I agree. It swims right by everyone, ships all in the water, swims away and then comes back and tail flaps the ship water onto everyone watching him. And it's just like, you're petty, but I get it, Like that was you have everything to do that?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Orcas have never Orcas have never killed a human being in the wild, never in the history of them being alive.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: But like people have been like scuba diving with them and watching them whatever they like. They kill fucking seals for fun all the time. But like for some reason they know something that we don't know about, like human beings, and they like see us as friends. It's fucking it so confusing and I have no idea why, but no one knows why.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing is I love I love the ocean like I think it is. It is so fascinating. The animals are beautiful. I think, I don't know, But the older I get, I've always wanted to swim with whales, I've always wanted to swim with sharks. The older I get, I'm starting to get really freaked out because of how fucking deep the ocean is.
Speaker 3: Wait, yeah, guys, I swear to God, I was going to get here and ask this question.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of super.
Speaker 3: Weird the ocean. I think eighty percent of it's like unexplored. It's so deep, so dark. Do we think aliens either live or will come from the ocean?
Speaker 1: I think the Megadon. I think the Megadon is real.
Speaker 2: We know what it takes for something to live and survive in the ocean, So I wouldn't consider anything that's like that we don't know about in the ocean to be an alien. I believe in aliens and outer space, but like, I think we know enough about the ocean and what already currently lives in it that I wouldn't call these aliens. But like, I'm sure ship that we don't know about. Dude, Like there's a big squids, those big squids that live way.
Speaker 1: Down low, But like, think about like Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park and those crazy as that live. I I think that like we know enough that maybe those aliens that like partimplelans we think aren't living in the ocean. But I don't think we know a lot about like the depths of the ocean because like, no, we can't get down there. Even the machine and stuff they eventually break because of the pressure and shit like that.
Speaker 2: All right, Pete, what was that fucking that fucking boat called the little fucking sub Yeah, submercer.
Speaker 1: Oh they ever do that, but it can help.
Speaker 2: Me, help me remember the name ocean Gate. One of them is a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sad. I think I'd get scared that like an animal will like well, just like get me and like just keep taking me deeper deeper, deeper, deeper, deeper deeper. Like that's too scared.
Speaker 2: But you I think you drown and die within sixty seconds because you're also like fighting to stay alive.
Speaker 1: I would pray, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes in the pool, I'll try to see how long I can hold my breath match twelve seconds. I can hold my breath for fucking shit, I am so bad.
Speaker 1: That is horrible. West, do you need to work on your breathing. Breathing is really good to like reset your system. It's really good for a lot of things. You're an idiot.
Speaker 3: I'm close as well, but I think he's gonna go for a new personal record.
Speaker 1: They pass, so we can't do anything that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of fall second I think about like ten to fifteen. Okay, there's something there's something about in the water that just makes it harder for me. I don't know why, but I did.
Speaker 1: I did. Yeah, I mean, that's that's nothing to do. You should seriously start working on your breathing.
Speaker 2: Bringing my mouth mouth tape when I go to bed. Does that matter? It means you only breathe in and out through your nose. It's supposed to be really good for you.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but I'm saying, like for your nervous system. Like there's different types of breathing that like resets it in. Like I don't know, you should like look into the breathing methods. It's actually really good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do that. You should. You should, Hey, keV, what the frick is going on in the world?
Speaker 1: The most sporadic fucking not fuckcasting.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: And because where they were in a creative headspace. I think my first headline I want to share to you guys is this. Stats company Deloitte did a survey for gen zers eighteen to twenty nine, and over thirty eight percent of gen zers says they prefer to live in the present, but thirty three percent would love to live less than fifty years in the past. So that's about from nineteen seventy five to nineteen eighty fourteen percent so they want to live over fifty years in the past, ten percent so they want to live less than fifty years in the future, and five percent choose more than fifty years in the future. So full jetson level like mex level society, guys, you've preferred era or a time period where you can imagine yourself existing in, living in, and thriving in.
Speaker 2: This is an interestingly timed question for me right now, because I don't the present is not my favorite. I think anyone who wants to live fifty years or more than fifty years, actually people were comfortable fifty years ago. I think that would be fine, but more than fifty I think it would be fun historically to like, I like see how society was operating and like learn shit, But I don't think you would want to like be alive pre I don't know, pre nineteen seventy five. It was just like I hate to bring this up, but like civil rights and shit was like not that long ago, like we always think of it like historically, but it is like very very very recent.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so I was understand that when people were saying that, I was like, how's that? Why would you want that for?
Speaker 2: I just don't think it would actually be like, especially now where we are, like we have made a lot of progress. I think living going back to that, you would be like, what the actual fuck am I doing here? Yeah, And it would be like a really weird fucking time to or like a weird place to be present in in a weird way. Maybe it would it would like you gain appreciation for everything that we've made progress on and accomplished as a society. But I still think that's fucking weird. I think I'm going to go fifty years in the future, Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: I would assume cars fly by then, and ideally we'd have some more clarity.
Speaker 2: Of on what's going on in the ocean by then. The only thing is the planet could be on fire flooded. I used to let's mix it up.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you really mixed up. I did not think that we were.
Speaker 2: Going to say that. keV said he wants to live around the Middle Ages and Dark Ages four seventy six A d okay, why we have.
Speaker 3: An incredible answer. I already don't have like a very good set to smell. Well, obviously it's pretty stinky back then. I don't think that would have.
Speaker 2: To be like a big issue for me. I think I would look good in a suit of armor.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: That's fair, all black. Would you are you like living in your current geographical location as yourself or can I go back one hundred two hundred years and go live in a castle in like Scotland and be let me answer king?
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's mine, So my my dream. I think growing up in the nineties was freaking awesome. Like it was. It was simple times. You had enough technology, but it wasn't overdone. Your parents at games were all the back of t ogating with other parents drinking beer. If you were out playing like people, the style was better. Everything was just like more simple, And I just feel like it was just like happier times than I feel like there's a train of people trying to get back to the nineties. I think the nineties were the best era.
Speaker 2: Like I truly do everything pendulums, And so when I see now how every kid in like fifth grade has a cell phone and and babies like are watching iPads at dinners and stuff he did like or do you know what driv me fucking crazy? These fucking youth baseball videos I see on Twitter where like the kids wearing a GoPro and like a neon arm sleeve and there's like a content guy. That's what I'm saying, ship will go away, and it's pretty miserable. I do think you and I were like right before like technology that kind of ruined everyone. Like I think we all got phones like late in high school, and like, yes, you know, I think.
Speaker 1: Like even though you had phones, like you were still so present with your classmates, like you you were on your phone, like you're enjoyed the people around me you had if you needed it, Like I'm telling you, growing up, I like nineties early two thousands was the best. Like I want to I want to get back, but I think that's my dream, but I would also live. I haven't seen Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: No, we've talked about this, I like, didn't I remember, Oh, everyone talked about it, and everyone talked about it in the locker room, and I felt so left out.
Speaker 1: And then I tried, but you should feel left out because it's so good. But I would live in those ages, like the castles, the houses, the territories like back then too, I think it had been Oh, everyone's on horses, like that's how people travel to a garden, like it was awesome.
Speaker 2: But if you were a peasant or like a fucking whatever, like if we're talking cast system, if you're at the bottom, it would be the worst thing ever.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you understand. I would be a queen and I would have run my own keydown. Okay, yeah, fair enough, I'm not being a peasant.
Speaker 2: Okay then yeah, then I guess we both can justify historical times, but very very very far.
Speaker 1: And if I could have dragons, I have some damn dragons. I would be the real mother of dragons. Ye, so yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I can see that, all right, guys, And now I'm gonna take you to go ahead, Wes, you got it.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what these kids who are gen Z or like whatever the youngest age was, what do they know? Like, what do they know about I just don't picture those kids knowing anything about history because they're on their damn phone so much and they don't know maps. They don't know fucking anything.
Speaker 1: Dude. They don't know how to read, they don't know how to read the original clocks. Do you guys know that I could see you guys know that that. I can see that. That's fucking mind blowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: I would say, like, you know when people like do this or that they do this, like, oh do you call?
Speaker 2: Take a phone now?
Speaker 3: Kids like they do this like they don't know what this is.
Speaker 1: Or they go like this, yeah they don't know. They also, how do you guys hold up a heart? Make a heart with your hands?
Speaker 2: I don't do this.
Speaker 3: I can't even. I'm embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't even. I can't even do it.
Speaker 2: I think the I think the K pop girls made this cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what is it that I can't do that?
Speaker 1: With this?
Speaker 2: You're not even doing it right. It's pointers in middle, it's pointers in middle.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gross.
Speaker 1: I like this, all right? What's that?
Speaker 2: Shout out Travis Kelsey when he scored against the Bills in the Division round of the playast ay and he threw the heart up. Yeah that was sick. All right, quick time out. Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sports book. Second Round Playoff basketball is here. This is where every possession matters, every game feels personal, and suddenly everybody's selling it their TV. This is honestly my favorite time to build the same game parlay. Maybe your guy goes for thirty, the big man cleans the glass with the double double point guard, drops a bunch of assists. However you want to draw it up. Hard Rock Bet gives you a ton of ways to stack your picks for playoff hoops, and if you mistip off relax. Hard Rock Bet lets you live bet the entire game, first bucket to the final buzzer. And if you haven't tried hard Rock Bet yet, now's the time. You can score one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If you win, just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get your winnings plus an extra hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets, and honestly they're welcome. Offer is just the start. Hard rock Bets always dropping new promos daily, so open the app and see what's live today. And yeah, it's Florida's only legal sportsbook, but the party's bigger than Florida. Hardrock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So download the hard rock Bet app to day dall one more headline for me.
Speaker 3: We'll take it a present day. So there's a new law alert Kansas City. Ye like the World Cup six weeks away, they are now allowed to serve alcohol twenty three hours a day. Kansas City, Missouri will be host to four countries England, Argentina, Algeria and Netherlands, and then obviously the games will be at our head stadium. I feel like these England blokes know how to take down a pint, so I feel like they'll enjoy this new rule. But guys, any suggestions for our friends coming to visit the States? Where does your hit up?
Speaker 2: In case I'm curious what hour is the hour that they're not open, Like, are we keeping bars open until? Yeah? Wait keV, honestly, can you click the link? Does it say? I have seen a lot of discourse on Twitter that like, Kansas City hotels are feeling a little underwhelmed by occupancy right now because the prices are so high and they're not being sold that they feel like the whole thing has been like not projected correctly.
Speaker 3: So from from six am to the next twenty three hours, so maybe they'll be closed then from five to six if that that map tracks. I think the time to close five am. I feel like by five am you've already done your damage.
Speaker 1: If you're not, you know, yeah, but what if your team's playing, Like what if your team is like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's interesting though, because the games will be still North American times, so they're not gonna be like normally when the World Cup is Overseas, you're like games are going on at three in the morning, But now.
Speaker 1: People from Netherland can drink though. I think they're gonna meet the rats at the Midwesterners especially. I think that's gonna be fun. I think people are gonna I think. I think people in Kansas City and who who's all coming from the.
Speaker 2: Netherlands, Algerians, Argentina and England.
Speaker 1: I think England, like I think, I think they're gonna love the Midwestern people truly, especially in Everyone is still great in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: So Kansas City actually has a good like base of soccer fans. They're called like the Outlaws or something, and they watch US games at Power and Light, like you know where everyone goes to watch games at P and L, and they all like camp out there. I hope they still get to like keep that spot. But I'm if all these people are staying out there for twenty four hours a day, it's going to be mayhem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe they'll embrace it because now they have other other people that are also finans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see. Oh, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: So if you guys are listening, Power and Light, I think is the way to go if you're like, especially in that environment. There's like how many bars are in Power Line, like fifteen, yeah, fifteen in one spot. All different types of vibes sound.
Speaker 2: Might like always be on TV too, They'll always cut to it when US is playing.
Speaker 1: So that's so Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yay.
Speaker 1: Honestly, was a very good and sporadic episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot of WNBA and then just straight into ocean talk for me, like.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of we went into a lot of details and a lot of things. That's good, Pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like that. That was good Bye guys, Missy love you, sus who you guys like?
Speaker 1: Mindy Nails.
Speaker 2: Also, Royals stay hot. They've won nine out of eleven. Keep that shit fucking going. Yeah wow, thanks for that. Yeah, later, we're
Speaker 1: Both wearing our blue