Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, we are scrubbing in scrub a dub dub today.
Speaker 3: Today's guest is very, very special.
Speaker 2: You could call our friend of the show. She's a best friend. She's a show, a best friend of the show. She's a best friend of life.
Speaker 3: Yes, in life.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's a businesswoman, she's an entrepreneur, she's a boss.
Speaker 3: She's just a modern woman.
Speaker 1: If you will, a modern woman, if you will.
Speaker 3: And I can't believe this is the first time she's on Scrubbing In, but.
Speaker 1: And hopefully the first of many. We want to have more of our friends come on, so please, that's right. Let us know if you enjoy today's day episode here and if you don't, don't let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but without further ado, we are so happy to welcome Allie, Allie grand Welcome to Scrubbing Income.
Speaker 3: So honored to be here.
Speaker 4: Like this is crazy, A long time coming, seven years basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say six, but I guess it's we're approaching seven.
Speaker 1: Approaching seven. Wow, almost a decade.
Speaker 3: A decade of scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It just felt like this was the right time to have you though, because y'all are both in a wedding planning season. Yes, your friends. Now, there was a time where y'all were like just an of me acquaintances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we were your best friends, but we didn't have our own relationship correct, And now we.
Speaker 1: Do, Yes, now we do. We had a big turning moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't really remember what I remember that conversation, of course, was what happened?
Speaker 3: What did I say?
Speaker 1: You don't remember that?
Speaker 3: I really don't. My memory is like I have a worst memory. When did it happen?
Speaker 1: I want to say it was one of JoJo's Cupshi launches.
Speaker 3: It was at that restaurant. It was the first one, Yeah, the first one ever.
Speaker 1: And it's true you were you were beck as best friend, I was beck as best friends, but we were not intertwined. And we had this like breakthrough conversation. I believe we both had like a drink in us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drink or too, I'm sure, and it.
Speaker 1: Was like we just had this breakthrough moment of we didn't really get along because you had told me and I said, I said, I felt like you were all business like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I felt like all you cared about was business. You had no interest in like being my.
Speaker 3: Friend, zero about business.
Speaker 1: It's all a fac but it's but you even admitted you were like I think I was so just like tunnel vision for so long, and like you were like, I don't know what has happened to me, but you were saying you have this like honest say come to Jesus moment, but like you have like some sort of life epiphany, and like we just totally like put it all out there. And then from that moment on, we like sparked our own friendship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then I walked up to the conversation and one of the I think Tony was like, we're friends now, and I was like, okay, we're y'all y'all weren't friends and she was like, well, like we're we're like friends, like we're gonna actually so that was exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was blossomed since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I like text you without her on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah we ever, Actually y'all do that I have to ask you to text each other without me on it because you'll text.
Speaker 3: Y'all say, like for like a long time.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hey, can y'all move this out to your personal one on one.
Speaker 1: Chat and bye?
Speaker 3: It's really a.
Speaker 4: Full circle we've come, Yeah, and I love it for us. You're right, Becca, like we are both at were brides to be. Yeah, so we're in like the same era. Like like if.
Speaker 1: You would have asked me when I first met you, if you guys were already best friends, if you were to say that I was going to come to your bachelor party, I would have thought, hell no, not in hell.
Speaker 3: Not Hell is very different than hell no.
Speaker 1: But why not hell?
Speaker 3: Why? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because we just weren't friends. Yeah, you know you were saying we would become that close. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: It's always interesting. I think I saw like a meme about this. It's like you have this like special respect for like your best friend's best friend, right, And it's like I felt like I had that for you, but we like just didn't ever like intertwine, right, And I agree with you. You probably would have never thought that right at all. But I think actually beca you made sort of like a move, if you will. You invited me to her thirty fifth, thirty sixth birthday party.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Or I just it was just last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like to Robbie, did Robbie invite me? I don't know. I was there Sonny's birthday. No, no, my birthday.
Speaker 1: It was like my only closest friends. It was last year, last July. Oh my god, Oh my god talking.
Speaker 3: Why were we really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And I felt like that also felt like hey, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I have arrived. I have arrived.
Speaker 1: That was like my closest closest like that was but I'm saying that was like that was it. That was like just my closest closest friends and I have like a birthday party was literally just like dinner. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The people, the people do want to know. You know, Tany is very vocal about her I want to say jealousy being territorial over jealousy, and Chelsea's accurate, and people want to know if you feel the same way about my friendship with other people?
Speaker 4: No, okay, So no, I'm a very I'm so like independent, Like I'm the type of person that could just like sit in my room all day and like not talk to anyone, like similar to you, Becca, Like I'm shocked we talk every day because like I feel like both of us could like never talk to each other, but somehow we do.
Speaker 3: But no, I don't have that. I just don't. I don't know. I've had it with like.
Speaker 4: Boyfriends in the past and things like that, but it's like the same, but not in female friendships.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like I get what I need from Becca as a friend, and like I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh you never Okay, that's interesting because I do have a thing with it, like I always need more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you need more from everybody.
Speaker 3: That's not just me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's not just like as just being a contentment thing.
Speaker 1: It's not about me in therapy, about Ali grand So since we're in the friendship conversation, a lot of people want to know how you and I met.
Speaker 3: People don't know our origin story.
Speaker 2: So should we just tell them the truth about why we look alike and how we know each other so well.
Speaker 3: Our DNA tests. Yay, we're sisters, actual sisters. We're very distant cousins.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it at all.
Speaker 2: She has family from Louisiana, yeah, and I'm from Louisiana, and we discovered that.
Speaker 1: We have First of all, you met in San Diego, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, she don't meet to tell a story. Yeah, your your perspective, your perspective. Okay.
Speaker 4: So this was like twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen een.
Speaker 3: Ye, you're like twenty seven years old, twenty six, twenty six. I was twenty six. She tries to claim she's like like a year younger than. You're ten months younger than. Anyways, when we met, I was twenty six and you were twenty seven.
Speaker 4: I think we're bout twenty six. Anyways, So we were in San Diego. You were coming off The Bachelor. I had just come off Ben season of the Bachelor, Ben season of the Bachelor, and you were starting to do partnerships, sugar bear hair like all of those things. I had my business be social where I was like wrapping influencers and like helping them monetize.
Speaker 1: Well, so you had that before. For some reason, I thought you started it with an You think.
Speaker 3: Bank I was an owner.
Speaker 1: She does say, no, not the owner, but that you like started the business like she was your launching pad.
Speaker 4: No, had clients. It's already a business for okay a year.
Speaker 1: Or two Okay, Yeah, I don't have the curve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was I was like twenty four when I started it.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's another we got to get into the business. But Becca was a huge launching pad for me. I feel like getting into The Bachelor Nation was like huge for the like influencer business. But we had a mutual friend named Cole who's a photographer and what she like you met her with through church or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was in San Diego. We had I don't even think we met. We knew mutual people and maybe we had met once, but she had just started photography, right, and wanted to shoot me.
Speaker 3: And then she was like, what are you wanting to do with your life?
Speaker 5: Your life other than have a friend you should meet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I think she texted me, do you want to meet this girl? Knew nothing about like The Bachelor, Like I'm not like, I don't really watch it show. I didn't really. The only reason I did know her name, though, is because I lived in San Diego at the time and you lived in San Diego at the time, and when you were on the shows like I'm from San Diego, right or something. Yeah, I would like walk into stores and people would be like, oh my gosh, are you Becka?
Speaker 3: From the Bachelor, like they thought you looked like her. Yes, like literally thought I was her.
Speaker 4: I got text messages from like so many friends from college that were like, is she your cousin?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Who is that your sister? Like I was like, I have no idea what you're talking about. So I did like know of her because of that, But yeah, it was like down to meet her. I think at the time, you had like three hundred thousand followers or something like that, which is crazy, Like you got you had what how many.
Speaker 3: Before zero twelve? Yeah, when you're a normal person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you had like a thousand, and then you have three hundred thousand, Like that's so ry overnight, literally and you had no idea what to do with it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. Well, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: There was no what I do now you do wasn't really a big thing, especially in the reality TV world. So nowadays I feel like people are chomping at the bit managers and agencies to talk to the girls from the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: But when I was on there, no, there was nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah a trail blazer you were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think, I mean, I guess I owe this all to Coal, which is like, I need to tell her that more often. Thank you, Cole. And what we met like in Orange County for some reason, I don't remember why.
Speaker 2: Y'all were down there, and you're you repped Kitlin Carter. You still rep Kaitlin Carter. Yeah, and Kelsey White and they were shooting with Coal and we all went to dinner together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we had like a first meeting. Yeah, and we talked about what you wanted to do, and I was like, yeah, I can do that. What'd you think of me initially just a business woman?
Speaker 5: No, No, that's me.
Speaker 2: No, I had so when I talked to I started thinking, oh, maybe I should meet with some man or maybe it was Amy who told me I should meet with some people in the industry and just figure out what I want to do. So I met with a few different management companies and I just it felt very serious and like corporate, and I thought, Okay, I've never done this, Maybe this is what it's supposed to feel like. But then when I met you, I felt different, and I was like, oh, I think yeah, I felt like a friendship.
Speaker 7: It did.
Speaker 4: It felt like like instantly, like we're like giggling and laughing and like had the same humor, and yeah.
Speaker 3: It felt very easy.
Speaker 2: But I also felt very confident in in you and what you did, and so I signed and never rest's history. I mean, it's very rare, I think for someone to stay with a company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been literally working together for ten years. Yeah well not ten wait how long?
Speaker 2: Well that.
Speaker 3: She's so got years nine.
Speaker 2: Years and I I I think that you know, it's interesting because I work with you and I work with you, and it's it's normally they say, like, don't work with your best friends, but I think because we're best friends, it's made the work so much more enjoyable and fun.
Speaker 4: We've had like amazing times together working and playing. Basically that's so interesting actually that both of you work with both of your best friends, Like you're in business with both of your best friends.
Speaker 1: I think that the thing is I think you're the through line though. That makes it like good because I think you are you know what I mean Like that, I think if you had two people that were like if you and I tried to work together, it would probably be like hell, but you know what I mean, like two very intense people, but like Beck is more chill and like laid back, and I think it just like works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is so true, you are like, but she also can be fiery, like we both know, like the fiery side of yeah, like the stinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think it's like you know what you deserve and like how you should be valued and like all those things, and you stand out for yourself definitely, Like it's not all just like fun all the time, right, Like I feel like you fight for yourself and business situations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I do feel like because you're I don't know if people realize this. Ali's my manager, so she handles all of my brand deals. She handles anything that I am getting compensated for. If I get an opportunity, it's through Ali and her company, which is now the Digital Department. And it can be very tedious of like, you know, because as my manager, you make a commission on what I say yes to. So if there's something that comes in and I'm like, no, I don't want to do it, yeah, it's you know that balance of.
Speaker 4: It's money off my plate right right right right, which it is, and I feel like I'm good about that though, like I let you say no and I'm not weird about it, and I feel like that's been your success. It's like you say yes to the right things and look at you now, Well.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest piece of advice you gave me was we're not going to say yes to things that you don't want to do or don't feel good about doing. And I think had I not signed with you and just had Veronica running, do people know I've talked about Veronica, but not everyone knows who Veronica is?
Speaker 3: Explain it.
Speaker 2: When I first got off the first season of the Bachelor, when I was on Christ the season, my friend told me that I should have an assistant email that brands.
Speaker 1: I don't know her name, her name was, said that it was my friend Crystal.
Speaker 2: Crystal okay, yeah yeah, And she had a friend who was a blogger at the time, and she was like, yeah, she just uses this email to work with brands and you can negotiate for yourself and that way they don't feel it's not directly you. You can hide behind kind of like the email of negotiating. So my assistant same was Veronica.
Speaker 3: Carter me. I love Bald myself so much.
Speaker 4: How much did you get paid for your first deal when Veronica represented you.
Speaker 3: Well, I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: You have to understand, I came off The Bachelor, and all of a sudden, I was getting sent free stuff and all I had to do was post a photo of it.
Speaker 3: Like my brain was like, what is that? Overdrive?
Speaker 2: So I'm getting free clothes and all they want in return is a photo. So then when I started getting the free stuff and getting paid for it, I couldn't even believe it. So I was like, I was just trying to make enough that I could pay my rent and have extra money. So I was like in the like one thousand range, and that was.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 2: Definitely I could have been making more, but I wasn't, you know, sure.
Speaker 3: And so you would like sign the email like that.
Speaker 1: Told me this trick when I wanted to start doing brand deal. She was like, just make a fake email account and be your own assistant. And I was like, did you do it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I wasn't very I wasn't very good negotiation.
Speaker 2: And so then when Ali came in and I was with be Social at the time, which was be Social, and I saw what Ali was negotiating for my rates.
Speaker 3: I was flabber astid. Yeah, and also like dang.
Speaker 2: I really missed a lot of opportunity to make money here. But yeah, it's it's been such a fun journey. But I want to talk about you starting this company because you were fresh out of college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had like I had a job before. I worked as a social media agency for like a year or so, but yeah, that was like my only working experience. Just crazy.
Speaker 1: And how did you have the vision to create your own company at that age?
Speaker 4: I don't know, like honestly, like watching Samantha Jones and Sex and the City and like that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How did you do it?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 1: Like Google? Like how do I start a company? Like how how did you do the infrastructure? Like you you get an LLC and then you start, you get employees and you start paying them, Like how do you know how to do all this?
Speaker 3: I did? Really?
Speaker 4: And like that's my biggest piece of advice is like try and attach yourself to people who do get it, or get like a mentor if you can in this space. And I really didn't have that. My uncle is a CPA's an accountant, so he really like guided me in the beginning of like how to set up the LLC. My dad's friend was a lawyer. He helped me with that, so it's kind of like family connections to get it off the ground. I didn't know what I was doing, Like, it was just like absolute chaos. It was just like and I was growing while trying to build it, so it was just like it was insanity. But yeah, like googling, I think I got like literally one of those like for dummies books.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, now there's so much resource about this, Like there's like girl Boss, there's creat and Cultivate, like there's all these things that you can get information on. Like honestly, back then nine ten years ago, there was not a lot. And I feel like when I told people, oh, I'm going to quit my job and start a business, people were like, you're insane, Like why.
Speaker 1: It was also like when you do that, you don't have health insurance, Like you don't have any of that stuff, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, yeah, yeah, it was like it was a huge risk.
Speaker 1: But then how do you get that for your employees health insurance?
Speaker 4: So I mean the first few years of the company, like I wasn't able to provide health that's a huge cost to a company to provide health insurance. But then at a certain point when we were able to there's just companies that like you can sign up for health insurance and that it provides. So basically the company, like I would pay half of the premium monthly for my staff.
Speaker 3: So that's how I set that up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's like it what well, No, it's just kind of how many how many employees did you start with? So it was just me at first song though like not that long, and then I would get like paid interns or interns for school credit, and then I would hire them as an assistant and like it just kind of like snowballed from there. But like I had no management experience, Like I'm trying to like manage people, grow them, like power them.
Speaker 3: No clue right what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: And creating like an email like pitch email, like all these things, Like I know this sounds very simple, but like it's actually really hard. Like when you told me to get the email account to be my own assistant, I would draft an email and be like nobody would believe that this is an actual businesswoman.
Speaker 4: See I like that stuff, Like I love writing and all the creative side like that was easy for me, but like the business back end literally my nightmare, like to this day, like that, just like Becca knows, like it's just like any of that stuff, like it really stresses me out. So having like a good operator in your business is key. And that's Kirsten for me, who now has become like one of my best friends and she's just been with me since literally day one almost and she is like the operator. She's the numbers person, she's like manages all that stuff where it allows me to be like in the business and growth and creative and all the things that I like do. Actually, like who who was your first client? Like, so well, we started with brands, So we started working with brands. Oh my god, it was like a Pilates company, I want to say, like not peer bar, but it was an extend bar.
Speaker 3: Do you guys even know what that is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Extend bar, extend bar.
Speaker 4: It was like a bar studio, like a peer bar, and they were basically franchising them out and opening like a million studios. And they came to me and they're like, we really want to work with mommy bloggers. Can you get us, Like mommy bloggers to come in and take the class and do blog posts and like Facebook posts, which is so funny now. So that was one of the first like brands I worked on solo at my own company.
Speaker 3: I don't think you know this, but.
Speaker 4: Initially be Social was called Haley PR.
Speaker 3: Dead. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like one of my friends from back in the day still will be like, how's Haley PR And I'm like, oh, like these shrills f Haley PR. Before it changes like a couple months, I was just like freelancing essentially, so yeah, and I like made my own logo. I think it had like a daisy in it or something like that, like it was. It wasn't good, but yeah, and then it switched to be Social and I was like, I need a name that like feels like it can grow, it can build, and it's not attached to me, like it's bigger than me. And I actually thought at the time, like this industry is gonna blow up, Like I was watching these mommy bloggers come into this like Bar Studio post a blog post and the next day the bar studios like, oh my god, we have all these people who want to like sign up and be members. And I was like this is something that's so huge, Like this is bigger than like traditional media.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it's still like that now?
Speaker 4: It is very very like there's just so many people doing it now, so it's a little bit different. But yes, like the power of an influencer is like insane, like always, do.
Speaker 2: You see is there a world where it's not that influencing in this world doesn't exist?
Speaker 3: Or do you think it's only going to keep growing?
Speaker 4: No, it's only going to like keep evolving, Like if you think about it like ten years ago when you first start and today, like, yes, it's different, but it's not that different, right, like over ten years, like it's evolved, but not that much. Like we have new platforms like TikTok which we didn't know about.
Speaker 3: I think it's just going to.
Speaker 4: Like new platforms will pop up, new creators will become like most relevant, Like it's just going to keep just like changing. And obviously you get like younger demographics starting to like dive into it. So now brands are like gen Z like what does that look like? So no, I mean for us in our careers, hopefully it never goes away.
Speaker 3: But I actually truthfully think like it's going to be a long standing like industry.
Speaker 1: Like I honestly think, at least for me personally as a consumer, I purchase stuff off of Instagram more than I do just on like a commercializing on TV or anything else. I am buying more products off of people linking stuff on Instagram than anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it's where you're spending all your time is scrolling Instagram. You're not spending your time at the mall shopping, you know, correct, You're on Instagram. So it's just taking advantage of where people are spending their time, which I want to talk about where people like where you see brands spending money and what platforms you see them spending money on.
Speaker 3: But first we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Take a break.
Speaker 3: All right, we are back.
Speaker 2: So in twenty twenty, I believe it was twenty twenty, you texted me that you were going to sell be Social. Yeah, yeah, can you talk about that because I think thinking about starting a company Haley pr to be Social. I'm gonna regret like saying that, but like growing this baby that you.
Speaker 1: Are just like so not it. It's very saying that you almost named it.
Speaker 3: That Hailey Kyoko could have been my future partner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's some foreshadowing the just Ret Haley's Yeah, and what was this same say, So you texted me and you you had been considering it, and there was a moment where you were like, I'm going to make this decision.
Speaker 3: I'm selling the company. Can you talk about that?
Speaker 2: Because I can't imagine growing something and that being my baby and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, handing it to someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I sold the company like August twenty twenty, I want to say, which obviously was a very crazy time for all of us personally professionally whole deal. I was like pretty exhausted at that point in time, kind of going through a big part of our business at that time was like doing events, like in person activities that completely shuddered. I was, you know, self funded. I had a very big payroll, I had all the things that I think about. I had rent, I had just gotten a brand new office downtown LA. It was a lot like it was like, oh my, how am I gonna like make it through this? And the previous year was a huge year for influencer marketing, so very successful year, so kind of going into twenty twenty this way was it was frustrating. I had been talking to different companies about selling be Social at the time in twenty nineteen, a lot of them at the time. Once COVID hit, They're like, we can't, like we just don't have the money right now. A few of the conversations kept going. One in particular, the one I was actually most excited about from day one was still willing to invest, which I felt like said a lot about that CEO and that company ended up making that decision to sell, which was like, very it's hard to explain, like it is so much your baby, Like I feel like my identity is so tied up in this business, which is probably why Tanya thought I was just all business, because I really was like this was my identity. Like I put so many things aside, like my boyfriend at the time, my personal relationship, like you know, I like even just like my health and stuff, Like I just really focused on growing the business, like that was my obsession. So this was a huge decision, but at the moment felt really like the right one, and now looking back, it totally was like it really it helped me take the back end the operations of things I don't enjoy and pass that off to a parent company that's been around longer that can help me grow and allowed me to focus on what I love doing, the talent management, the creative, the growing the business.
Speaker 3: So it's been good. It's been like a.
Speaker 4: Roller coaster for me too though, like you let go of so many things, but I was able to keep my autonomy so like I still run this company day to day, like I still am part of it. I'm the CEO while now I'm the co CEO, which I can get into later, but that allowed me to really feel like I was still driving the bus and that was like the most important piece to me.
Speaker 1: So isn't that what some like most companies they start and they because they want to sell to like a big company that is, yeah, can I ask you, and you don't have to share numbers if you don't want to. But when you sell your company, like you sell it for a large sum of money, right yeah, so they do you get like the payout then and there or then you still get on salary or like what yeah, were you feeling like financially like a little bit of.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, no, yes, yes, because it was a very very very stressful time for me, Like that moment in time. Yes, there was a little a huge sense of relief, like having a parent company back your payroll, your health insurance, like all the things that like kept me up at night in certain moments of time.
Speaker 3: Like that was like just like oh my god, I can breathe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like when selling your company, there's multiple ways you can set it up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Typically it's based off of like an ebita, which is like an essentially like how your company is valued, and so they take that number and based on the industry like multiply that to give you like a figure of like here's what I'm willing to pay you to have like the rights ownership of your company. So I have like zero ownership in the company anymore.
Speaker 1: So like let's say they in five ten years sell it to an even bigger company. Yes, you could get screwed in that if.
Speaker 4: They sold it, Like, yeah, I wouldn't benefit because I don't have any ownership.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you typically get like a flat fee up front. They can like also do you know like a bonus for hitting certain milestones and then yeah, now I'm an employee of the company, so I'm paid a salary, like I'm w twoed just like a normal employee.
Speaker 1: Wow, that does feel like a relief.
Speaker 4: It does like in ways like I can't even explain, Like it's like the pressure I feel like is taken off in a way that's just like feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then last year you merged with was all last year? Just last year or two years?
Speaker 3: September twenty three, I.
Speaker 5: Share you merged with Socialite?
Speaker 3: Yes? Or they joined in on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So our parent company bought social Lite and then they do what we do, like they represent like Lauren Lane and like tens of people in the back and like all over the board. And so they were purchased by our parent company, and then we decided to merge because otherwise we were sort of like competing with each other. And so now we merged and we're sixty five people at the digital department and rebranded because we didn't want to keep our names.
Speaker 3: How many people total? Just I guess client wise, do y'all represent? It's like two o five or something like that, two hundred and five.
Speaker 2: And has it been a good merger, Like, has it been something that you've enjoyed or is there a part.
Speaker 3: Of you that did it?
Speaker 2: Did it feel like a lot to take that because you took on their clients essentially.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, their clients, their staff, we all came together to become one, which like I feel like there's power numbers, right, Like we're one of the bigger talent management companies for influencers in the space now, so it helps us like in the marketplace. And yes, like actually having what we I'm a co CEO, which is funny because you don't normally hear that. But Sarah Boyd is the other CEO. I feel like you guys know her, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I met her at your party.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: She's been in this space again for like probably fifteen years now. So having like that support with her, I love like bouncing off ideas and just like having someone to just like call and chat like, oh my god, how do we get through this hurdle or what do we do? Like it's they say, it's sort of like at the top of running a business is like a bit lonely, like you kind of don't like who do you bounce ideas off of, Like who's your work wife?
Speaker 3: Like who?
Speaker 4: And she's really become that for me, which has been been really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you Oh my gosh, I totally just like lost my question. It just like left my brain. No, No, I don't want to lose it because I would oh oh for people that are let's say somebody's listening and they have like a thousand followers, but they really want to become like an influencer. What are things that somebody can do to kind of create that space for them? And like where do you see that going in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably like the number one DM I get on my Instagram.
Speaker 3: How do I do this?
Speaker 4: Like I want to do this because it is so so like flashy and exciting, and you see all the brands that are like working in the space. I strongly believe like anyone can be a content creator, right, and things like TikTok have allowed anyone to go like viral overnight and start building a following.
Speaker 3: So it's not too late.
Speaker 4: I always say that, like you can literally start tomorrow and be a content creator like and start making money within three to six months. Like I really strongly believe that. But I think the first thing you got to do is like figure out what's your like mission, Like what's the value you bring as a content creator? Because there's so many people doing it so how do you stand out, Like what is your point of view? Like what type of content are you're creating that provides value and can build a community, And so figure that out and then you just got to show up. You just got to like start creating content literally every single day, like post the TikTok every single day. You also have to like stop caring what people think. I actually did a poll on my Instagram that was like what's stopping you from being a content creator? And like so many people were like it's because it's cringey or I'm afraid of what people are going to think of me, And you literally cannot care about that, Like, you just gotta go and you gotta post if this is something you want to do.
Speaker 3: Who cares what?
Speaker 4: Like your cousin in Missouri thinks like you just can't write like at the end of the day, like they're gonna be like hopefully clapping for you when you're successful and or jealous.
Speaker 3: So it's like.
Speaker 1: Because niche, there's like niche people now too are like what are they called micro influenced micros have a smaller number, You'll still be making just so much money with like ten thousand followers, has ten million because you're like so niche in that whatever that demographic is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're able to sell products.
Speaker 4: And yeah, brands love micro creators because it's just like they're cheaper like at the end of the day and always have this like strong community because you have this like one on one dialogue that like a macro creator like Becca like just can't have with her audience all the time, right, just different.
Speaker 2: I do feel like that has just recently changed with a micro creator has like a new sense of power.
Speaker 3: And I was curious, from like.
Speaker 2: A brand an agency standpoint, what is the number of followers or what is it about someone that because you know, you can say like, oh, anyone can be a content creator, but as an an agency, what are you looking for to represent someone?
Speaker 5: And what are the numbers or like what's this?
Speaker 2: What is it about someone that you're going like, I'm going to take a chance on them and I want to represent them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think just like from like a bird's eye view, like fifty thousand followers is usually where you can like start monetizing, like in a real way that it makes sense to have a manager and give up a percentage. However, one of my clients Raymie.
Speaker 3: You know Rami.
Speaker 4: I started rapping her when she had fifteen or ten thousand followers. She's gotten near a million now, Like this has been over ten years.
Speaker 3: That she's built this. She makes so much money and I was able to build with her. And I think what excited me about her is that she had a vision. Like she's like, this is what I want to build. This is why it's different, and this is why a manager can help me build those things. And she's like such a hard worker too. She shows up, she creates content. She's just like so powered. What's the vision?
Speaker 1: You don't have to share hers, but like what is an example of like having a vision?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I mean I think like yours is maybe like you want to create a community for modern women who feel confident in whatever it might be, Like that is your vision as a content creator, and then like you might have ideas that help like bring that forward. So having this podcast or writing a book or whatever it might be, like having those ideas and that vision that kind of like pair together.
Speaker 1: That's sort of like align with that not necessarily.
Speaker 4: I think that's where I come in, Like it's like, hey, look like I want to you know, launch this podcast or I want to do this, and then I can come in and be like here's brands. I feel like I could go and sell and pitch this concept, or here's how I can help you build this podcast or whatever you want to do. I think if someone comes to me is like I want to be a content creator because I want to be famous and make money.
Speaker 3: Like that's just not interesting to me.
Speaker 4: Like I want someone that like is willing to create content that provides value and is interesting and like they have like a space they can carve out.
Speaker 5: C has a question.
Speaker 8: Oh hi Ali, I'm a big fan for some long time. I what about people out there? They don't have a big following, they don't want to get paid, but they want to get those pre r boxes. Oh yeah, merchant stuff. Yeah, how does one go about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that is like, well, first of all, there's like a handful of different platforms you can sign up for. Really, like one is called for fo hr or pond. Are you asking for a friend? Are you asking for yourself a friend?
Speaker 8: Or may not want these things?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's tons of platforms that you can sign up for. Also, just like introduce yourself, like get in the dms of these brands, Like so many brands are just so thirsty to like send product and get content and get those impressions. So like, yeah, that would be like my suggestion, it's just getting the dms.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like more than ever brands are like wanting to send stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because I think it's like the space has evolved, Like paying content creators is expensive, so like an entryway is to like gift and get content that way and get impressions that way.
Speaker 2: So yes, well then and then it's like with TikTok, if someone just posts about something they're gifted gifted and it goes viral, it creates buzz around their product, right, So it makes sense because TikTok has brought this new sense of potential to go viral.
Speaker 3: For anyone, one video, anyone, yeah.
Speaker 4: Which is like honestly amazing. And we've started wrapping people that are like have started being content creators within the last six months, which is wild, like you've been doing this for ten years.
Speaker 5: Are people growing on Instagram?
Speaker 1: New people are new people.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like me old self field self grow and uh Instagram because I really, I mean I've been I've been at my following since the batchel or.
Speaker 3: Basically one point one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, growing on Instagram is really really hard, like very difficult, they say, like reels, like creating a reel every single day stories, and now they're actually switching to carousels and static posts being priority.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine are doing better.
Speaker 5: My static posts are doing better than my reels.
Speaker 3: It's like the algorithm is just always changing on us, but.
Speaker 1: Keeping us on our toes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which I respect my biggest tip. And I feel like, Tanya, you do this, like thank you. You create content every single day every day and like you really you're in it to win it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate you saying that because I feel like I suck at it. I have my crutches, Like I feel like I always do my like same ten things every single day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? It's like how the things you're passionate about, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But it's also like those crutches. I think sometimes I feel like I need to like be better about just showing more of Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, I always used to think that like niche and down was like the best way to be a content creator, But I feel like if you want to work with brands. That's not necessarily true. It's like showing everything about you, like what makes you dynamic and interesting, from fitness to being a bride, to you know whatever.
Speaker 3: It's called glutial et cetera.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right, speaking of being a bride, I want to talk about wedding planning.
Speaker 3: So much better about it, by way, I do. We're going to take a break. We're going to be right back. We'll talk more about that. All right, we're back.
Speaker 2: So wedding planning first, Let's go back to the start of where it all begin. That you're planning a wedding, because when I met you, you were in a different relationship than you're in now, and it's kind of not a similar story as mine, but it was similar in the sense that you were with a person that wasn't right for you, and you had signs, but you were willing to ignore them out of the fear of being alone.
Speaker 4: Yes, which is is a tough one. Like I think that's common, right, Like a lot of people are afraid of being alone. I said earlier, I was very independent, but I think maybe I'm not so interesting.
Speaker 2: I find your person, you find safety in their comfort, and so it's the comfort of wanting to be at that person because I would consider myself a very independent person. But I love being with Haley twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: So I'm jealous of.
Speaker 2: That when you were when you were in your other relationship, we traveled all over the world together because you were just ready and willing to leave whenever.
Speaker 3: Like I said.
Speaker 4: Before, like I was so obsessed and dedicated to my business at the time, which made like other parts of my life not priority. And that was just like the facts. I feel like what you prioritize flourishes, right, Like we all know that, like professionally or with anything in your life. I do think too, Like people had always told me, like when you meet the one, you're gonna know, and I'd be like, that is so dumb, Like that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Until I met Carston right and I was like, holy crap, Like it's like constant butterflies. I'm so obsessed with him. I find everything he does like so exciting and invigorating and like I'm just like I want more of him, like all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh and for no, like for the first four how long do we do it? Four years of knowing you I never saw you that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like ever like.
Speaker 2: You would talk, like hearing your conversations, you know, it was just a very different tone. And when y'all's relationship ended with your ex and you started dating again, it was like I saw this new version of you and Carston brought out a totally different side of you. And when I met Hayley, I experience that same thing. So seeing it happened to your best friend is like such.
Speaker 1: A I'd love to have seen that with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think it's just like I was like happy in a new way, and I think too, like I put business aside for a minute and I was like what makes Ali happy?
Speaker 1: What like what are the things that's I happy?
Speaker 3: Haley pr happy?
Speaker 4: And that was just like this like overwhelming feeling, honestly like and I think, like, I mean, I can try, I can talk about this, but like even sexually, like I was like I had this like reawakening, reawakening of my sexuality, which was like stuff I hadn't felt before, and it was when you know, you know, like it really is so true. And I think it's just like he keeps me excited and inspired I.
Speaker 2: Still feel like you're that way and you'll been together. It'll be four years, this this coming.
Speaker 1: Thing right, five years because you longer than we.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what I.
Speaker 4: Always like, Did I meet Carson first or just you meet Robbie first?
Speaker 1: Because and Carson first, because I remember specifically it was new you guys were like newly dating. But it was Becca's birthday dinner and you were telling me how you.
Speaker 3: Met the dinner.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, she was telling me how she met that you met this guy on Hinge that you really like, and so you were in early days. But I remember specifically because I got on Hinge October thirty first, and then I met Robbie November first, So you guys were for sure dating for maybe like a few weeks before I met Robbie.
Speaker 3: This is right. I think it was a different guy. Okay, let's just say I dated and Gord I was like I was at I said, as I was having a lot of fun on Hinge, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, you're meeting great people.
Speaker 4: I was meeting great people on Hinge and I was dating, Like I was like, so.
Speaker 1: When did you as meet?
Speaker 2: We met?
Speaker 3: I guess we matched in like November.
Speaker 1: I was twenty nineteen. Yeah, oh so same time.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, okay, yeah yeah, because yeah, I was thirty one at the time.
Speaker 3: So, oh my god, that's so crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it'll be five years this yes, fall this November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. And I think that, Oh wow.
Speaker 1: I mean my reality is like totally shook, chicked down.
Speaker 3: But I do want to say, like, did I not tell you different?
Speaker 1: Well, whatever it was, it inspired me, and I got on Hinge the next day and met Robbie the following day. No, yes, I met in November first.
Speaker 3: On Hinge at all at all, I really downloaded it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but so it was.
Speaker 3: Yours anti apps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was your story. And then I'd gotten my vagina wax and my vagina waxer met her guy on Hinge and I was like, this is the universal community. Get on Hinge. Yeah, so I was on.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I tried Bumble for like two days. Yeah, Becca helped me launch. I went I lunch. It was a whole lunch of the apps.
Speaker 3: But then I only did Hinge. I think the end. I didn't do like Raya or any of the like other things.
Speaker 2: So you knew pretty much immediately that Carson was the one, like you had the feeling that everyone told you.
Speaker 3: Were going to have.
Speaker 2: I was like obsessed, Okay, and then y'all got engaged twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and remember it vividly.
Speaker 1: I Thanksgiving twenty two, Yeah, because I remember showing it to Robbie being like, look, who's engaged. Interesting dating a little bit less than us, but you thought it was longer? Yeah, true, was it? I said around the same time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you've ever told your story of getting engaged publicly, or if you've shared that.
Speaker 3: About how y'all got engage. A lot of people are wondering.
Speaker 4: Public outlets minus my Instagram. I did do a Instagram or TikTok it. Yeah, we got engaged November twenty two in Hawaii and Kona, the Big Island. Carston took me to this really cute church that we drove up to, and I thought we were just doing like some sight seeing, and I immediately was like, oh my god, this is the church my parents got engaged at because I know this because it's like printed in our home, and I thought that was a surprise.
Speaker 3: I was like that, this is so sweet of you.
Speaker 4: Like how thoughtful to take me here, like let's take some photos. And then he gets on his knee and he's like so so nervous and like shaky, and I was like, you were getting so weird. What's happening. I was like, oh my god, I'm being proposed to. And that's how it happened.
Speaker 3: Did you block out.
Speaker 5: What he said?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: And he knows what he said right, Like it's just sort of like, oh my god, ring he's coming, like oh yeah, we asked this lady like to take photos of us, who like they were the worst photos, like I didn't really get Yeah, we didn't really get like the best content, which is fine, but yeah, that's how it happened. It was like a whirlwind though, like it was just I still can't believe it. Like I'm like, oh my god, I'm like too young.
Speaker 3: To be engaged, Like am I old not to be doing this? Like I'm not sure am I responsible enough?
Speaker 2: Thing?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, like it makes you it's like whoa like? And I never was one of those ones. I was like dying to get married, like it really never like like romanticized that necessarily, so like diving into the wedding planning process, and like doing this, I'm kind of like, whoa this is this is fun, this.
Speaker 1: Is a lot, Like I get such I feel like I get such a reprieve. I don't know if that's the right word when I talk big words. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're never really sure if it's being used right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know if we go with it. When I talk to you about this stuff, because you got engaged in November of twenty twenty two and you're getting married in the year twenty twenty four, yes, and everybody's always on me like why have we started planning? Why have we started planning? I'm like, it's so intimidating, and it's just like a lot, you know, like it's a lot financially, it's a lot like when you have when you're both have full time jobs, like there's only so much and we have two kids in mix, like there's only so much time that we can devote to like trying to figure it out, and then like there's just so much and I always feel like you I can.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I always feel like we're kind of on the same wavelength with all this stuff, because like it took you some time to like get it going, oh yeah, and that's what I feel like it is like happening with me too.
Speaker 4: I was very overwhelmed by the process. And I think because like I work in this like the industry of like events and production and stuff, and I'm like, oh my god, like planning this like I know it's going to like go into this, And initially we wanted it in la but then decided to do Amsterdam because that's where Carston's from. He's Dutch, which I'm like, oh my god. An overseas planning. That's like a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. Like people say, it's like a.
Speaker 4: Second full time job, and like we both a full time job. So it's like where do you find the time for us. It's like we've carved out like an hour each week to kind of like I could go in. Your family time is something you call it family family meetings, like you know, maybe you make them an hour longer, and it's like the wedding planning time.
Speaker 1: I think once you get a day in a venue, I think it's starts to flow. It's just like we can't even figure out a day in a venue.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's not figured out yet, right, No, I think the difference of like, use it, everyone's on you.
Speaker 2: I think it's that you wanted You have been so vocal about wanting this, I think Ali, but like Ali was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna take my time. There's no rush. I think that's why people are like.
Speaker 1: What's interesting that I was like, I love having people over, Like I love having parties like at our house, having people over, Like.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea of like planning an event is so overwhelming to me, Like it really is because I have no idea, Like I just like I don't know what I'm doing. Obviously I have a wedding planner who knows what she's doing. Yeah, But like I think that it is because I've had so much of this like dream in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's pressure.
Speaker 1: There's so much pressure that it's like you don't know if you're making the right decision ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's also a lot of money, yes, which I feel.
Speaker 3: This weird guilt about.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to explain it really, like I'm like, oh, this is so much money to spend on something. I don't know if that it like is it like it's kind of like, oh, should I just elope, and is that the route we go? Or do I have this like lavish, five hundred person wedding, Like which way do I go?
Speaker 1: It's like your head and your heart constantly like combating each other because you're like, yeah, I can have that, save this money and do like buy a house or do all these things. But then in my heart, I'm like, but I've always really wanted a wedding and to be the bride and like, yeah, you know what I mean. So it's like you have these two competing things. I think also being in your thirties. In your twenties, I would have spent all the money. I would have like gone in debt to like have this carriage bring me out, and you're on the slipper, do you know what I mean? Like there would have been no stop to it. And now that I'm older and I'm like, I make my own money, and like you know what I mean, I just feel like it's just it's just.
Speaker 2: So you also you have different You're like I want a house. There's just different things that you're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like money doesn't grow on tree.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, it sure doesn't.
Speaker 3: No, it don't. And don't what.
Speaker 2: Okay, First of all, did you enjoy your bachelorette party?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, okay, I had like a week and a half hangover from that too.
Speaker 3: I think I read it.
Speaker 4: I was so unwell. I just cannot drink anymore. I didn't even drink that much. I have like maybe two shots and like a tequila soda. What No, I really didn't that much.
Speaker 1: Why did we take so many shots?
Speaker 3: Then we all took a way more than two shots. Yeah, you guys are stronger than me though.
Speaker 4: So the hangover was real, like horrible, but the event the bachelorette itself amazing.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you. Thank you for helping as you don't I yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say how I planned her whole bachelorette Like Ali had a vision for what she wanted, Like if I had done it, there would have been randy and climb paraphernalia, and she had a vision and blame the whole thing. So every time that people compliment me about the Bachelor or you say thank you, I'm like, yeah, I showed up.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm like a bit.
Speaker 4: I was a bit of a micromanager, not gonna lie like I definitely had the mood boards the pinterest, the vision for it.
Speaker 3: But you were you.
Speaker 4: You got us those amazing bags from Poolside, which were like so so cute. You got us gifting like you did a lot. And you also were like the vibe, like you kept everyone excited, You included everyone. You just are like you're such a ray of sunshine in that regard. And I think literally everyone, like my sister in laws where they were like we love Becca, like we want her to be our best friend.
Speaker 3: Like they were like obsessed with you.
Speaker 4: So that's what you brought to the table, which I've never done.
Speaker 3: It's iceless.
Speaker 1: It really is priceless.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you don't know, you don't know like how you touch people like you really are.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a gift.
Speaker 3: You have it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think most people think I'm like really stand offish and like business.
Speaker 3: Even when you get to know me, I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't think yeah, but do you know what's so crazy?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: It was like you're never going to have a bauchelrette party again.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's why it's dark.
Speaker 1: It gets dark.
Speaker 3: Oh god, post wedding blues. I cannot even imagine.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: That's like I think that there's something psychological with me too that's pushing everything because I'm like, you still get to like, yeah, you know, like I'm never going to have a batch.
Speaker 3: It was already in dark.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the shootest part I always say is being the fiance.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, and I'm like, I'm never going to have this period again. I just keep pushing it, like I'm like no, no, no, Like I can't get married until twenty four. It's too soon.
Speaker 3: It's too so soon.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, I don't want it to end.
Speaker 3: I get that one hundred percent. Yeah, don't let it end.
Speaker 6: Just be engaged for this in my life.
Speaker 2: How did you so after the wedding, we're going on a buddy moon and there's a group of us going with you in Carston to celebrate the wedding, the nuptials. How did you come to the conclusion of doing that versus a honeymoon.
Speaker 4: I think because we like we were all going to be in Europe, and I was like, when will I have all these friends in Europe with me again? Like that feels rare, once in a lifetime, if you will. Yeah, So we were like, yeah, let's do a buddy moon.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. We're going to Mayorca, which is going to be what you've been to before.
Speaker 5: But I've never been to Amsterdam somewhere.
Speaker 3: You haven't. No, you have, you haven't. No, you have never I've never been. I no, you really haven't. And I wanted to have you been?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: I would say not many people have.
Speaker 3: You're so is it in Becca the Netherlands? Good job and they speak Dutch.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't know for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I know the time is good. There there were so many questions that people wanted me to get to. I think we got. We did business, we did wedding, we did friendship. People also wanted to know your thoughts when I started dating Haley, or like how I told you or what I told you when we like kids or whatever. Oh.
Speaker 3: I actually vividly remember this. I don't know. Maybe I'm like wrong, but I think this is how it went.
Speaker 4: We were at like a brand event together for like Bulgari. Yes, yes, it was this like really fancy event. I like, was your plus one?
Speaker 3: We went?
Speaker 1: She's You're always her plus one?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: So true?
Speaker 4: Oh oh Oh, I didn't know where that was going.
Speaker 3: You say, no, they're too these events are too late for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're like, I'm gonna leave. I'm gonna go meet up with this girl, like and I think you had met her before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we met on Wednesday time. Yeah, and you're like, I think I'm gonna go to like chateau right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't know that's where I was going at that. I just we were going to go get a drink.
Speaker 4: And I was like what, Like I was like, okay, cool, Like I just thought it was like a friendship thing.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: And then I think we talked the next morning and you had like made out, not that.
Speaker 3: Night, you didn't, not that night, the next the next night, yeah, okay, okay. And I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah when she said I made out, I was like, yeah, I did not see the story going.
Speaker 3: No, I totally And I was like, not when you.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to seem shocked, so I was like, cool, Yeah, you can try to knock the shop look off my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did a great job. Yeah, so chill.
Speaker 4: But I think I was like I was so excited for you because like I'd never had seen you.
Speaker 3: Get excited about someone before, Like I was like, oh what about that guy or this guy, and.
Speaker 4: You're kind of just like like like not interested.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have that chip in me. Yeah I have it.
Speaker 4: And then when you talked about her, it was like, yeah, we made out and and I was like, oh my god, this could totally be something.
Speaker 3: And then when did I meet her? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I met her until like May of the.
Speaker 3: Well she was on tour yeah, oh in Europe. No, well, no she was.
Speaker 2: She did her US tour, like she left the week after we met, so like not really anyone met her for a minute.
Speaker 3: I feel like I met her.
Speaker 1: I met her at a beach trip. I remember it was a beach trip.
Speaker 3: A beach trip, No you met her?
Speaker 5: Did you help me clean?
Speaker 3: Did I meet Haley? I don't know. We need to go back and figure this out, because.
Speaker 1: Honestly, my old age, my memory is going, We're not old, it's going.
Speaker 3: I had like all of.
Speaker 2: My best friends were so like okay, what like it was like what okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like I think I went from like oh wow too, this is exciting. Yeah, and then I was like wait, I need to see her on Instagram. I was like, she's so cool.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, she's really really cool, and was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was intimidated to meet her initially, And didn't she think I was intimidating or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think everyone thinks that you're, like you said, very business like, but once you once the veil comes off, you're truly one of the funny people. And I think for a long time I featured you on my Instagram story dancing, and that's how people got to know you.
Speaker 3: So then when I just those are just so gross, it's.
Speaker 2: Amazing, That's when my content was thriving the most. And I think that people see you in such when I go to your work or see help your coworkers interact with you, it makes me laugh because I just think you're so funny, I know, and people don't get to see that all the time, no, which.
Speaker 4: Is hard like being I mean, you know, like being in corporate, like you have this like way you have to be, which I don't feel like I get to be myself all the time, right, you said.
Speaker 2: Carson wrote you a letter, I think on your birthday or something. He said something like, thank you for always filling our house with laughter? Is that what he said?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you crying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, yeah he did say that. He said filling our home. Yeah, filling our home with laughter. And I was just like, and I feel like that's actually like the center point of our relationship, and would I like seek out.
Speaker 3: I think in any.
Speaker 4: Friendship, like with you, for example, it's like it's always centered on like humor and funniness and just like constantly laughing.
Speaker 3: And I think that's like my love language. Maybe I don't know. If not, I do too. It's not an official one, but I feel that way too.
Speaker 2: And I feel like it's funny because I have such a different relationship with both of you, Like y'all are both my best friends, but I have such a they're different.
Speaker 3: I literally can't They're just so different, but I had to rate them.
Speaker 2: If I texted you the way that I text Ali, you would be devastated.
Speaker 3: Oh really. Sometimes I like.
Speaker 1: Cute stuff like how are you feeling, how's your heart? Like what's going on? And she she'll text me back and be like, what's going on? Like I don't understand what is this?
Speaker 3: Like, just how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Socially I'm like, I'm just trying to clean my house right now, but you do you need me?
Speaker 1: Do you need something? I'm like just like oh.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't out. It was more just like, are you okay? What's happening? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever asked you like an important moment. Sure, like I'm there and I can be, but day to day, like I mean, I also text really.
Speaker 5: Really weird, like yo, like a different language.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, it's like one sentence or one word or like I'm just very like short.
Speaker 2: You have friendships where you have different humor with your friends.
Speaker 1: If you had to, like you know, you when you're in school and you had to pick your kickbox team And if you're.
Speaker 5: Picking, I'll drink, I'll take a shot.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 3: I feel like maybe you would choosing. My sister's really just wants you to pick.
Speaker 1: We pick, Yeah, just just rate us.
Speaker 3: I'm not picking. It's like it's just different. Yeah, it's like picking a favorite child. You don't have a favorite child. Oh that's a good ways.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, yeah, that's the thing. Parrots say they don't, but they do.
Speaker 3: Okay, pick between Sonny and Robbie. Oh, Robbie Robbie. Oh my god, pick between Phoebe and Haley.
Speaker 1: What Hailey Hailey?
Speaker 3: But like that's really hard. Oh my god, no what yeah? Oh I don't like No. I mean Brooks is like number one king of all kings, but.
Speaker 1: A person goes above him. Yeah yeah, whoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean Haley goes above all. But that's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always go back to I know we do gotta go. But if you were to give a twenty twenty five bride any words of wisdom, tips, money tricks, anything like whoaud because you're getting married.
Speaker 4: Soon elope, oh ohpe, or do like a really and to ment like little beach dinner or something with like twenty people, fifteen to twenty people. Just make it really simple. Don't spend more than like ten thousand dollars, Like it is just so much money time and investment in something that lasts just one one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, but hold on, we needed to revisit this after we have the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yes, a wedding might be like I'm so excited and feel like so privileged to be able to like have this wedding, Like not everyone can can do that, and I feel like having an elopement and like getting cute content and dressing up for the day are really intimate like dinner would have like the same sentiment, I think, without maybe all of the headache. But again, like I haven't been married, I haven't done the whole wedding.
Speaker 3: I am so excited for mine. But maybe I'm telling you to go elope time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, and I guess if you are some one thing, I think here's the thing. You are never god willing, never going to get married again. Right, so this is like this is my wedding, Like this is my once in my lifetime wedding. I'm not gonna I don't want it to be this like schmorgs wor overboard Cinderella carriage, like I want be four. But I feel like, let's say in ten twenty years, you can always have an intimate beach dinner party. You can't have a wedding again.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? I do?
Speaker 4: Okay, so let me like reanswer and I'll answer in the way of like, Okay, you want to have a wedding and that's the thing. Yeah, So find me a really good wedding planner. Is key, Like they're the person who knows the vendors like they are going to keep everything like straight figure out your budget and stick to it ahead of time. It's very easy to be like, oh, sure, I'll add the extra five thousand dollars flowers, because why not. But if you give me your fog machine, yeah, like you don't need the yeah.
Speaker 3: The full I can do fog machines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, no fog machines. There's one of my tips. And yeah, stick to that budget and have fun along the way. Like it's not it's not work, it's not serious. Like the planning process should be fun and exciting.
Speaker 3: Great, so wedding planner. Yeah, and instead of budget and like have fun along the way. What about stylist?
Speaker 4: I don't this has been such a headache for me, Like I don't think that I like naturally of good like personal clothing style and so like having to like dress myself for the wedding events. Like Becka probably has four thousand different like links that I've sent her for.
Speaker 5: Both of us back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for like what am I wearing to this? And what?
Speaker 4: Like, So a stylist is fun? Maybe are there like wedding stylists like that is Like so if that's not a business like that.
Speaker 3: Should be a business. I'm sure there is, yeah, but I don't know. That's my recommendation too.
Speaker 2: All right, where can people follow you all the tips and tricks on Instagram and TikTok and YouTube shorts, sick substack now?
Speaker 3: Because I just launched fun whoa, Oh that was what I was gonna ask you about. Where what platforms you're seeing growth on? Okay, so subs? Do you guys know what substack?
Speaker 5: I've heard of it, but I thought it was like political.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, yeah, there are like political writers on it, but it's basically like a blogging platform with like a newsletter built in. Actually could be really interesting for scrubbing in that could be something we Yeah, a newsletter, yeah, like on top of the Facebook group Yeah, which I am an admin of, very proud admire of.
Speaker 5: Yeah creator, Oh wow, you made it.
Speaker 3: That is true. I need to get more involved with the love of my scrub sisters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they love you.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 4: I think platform that is like really interesting right now is substack. I think that's like really if you like to write, like, it's a really great platform. TikTok, YouTube shorts, Instagram always snapshat, Yeah, snap for like the right creator, Like I don't it's it's Exkews Younger, right, it's like more gen Z. But it has something called Spotlight where you can like it's just like a feed like Instagram reels or a TikTok feed, so you can just like post your short form there and yeah, start building a following.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation last week or yeah, about how I'm accepting that I'm I'm a millennial.
Speaker 3: I'm a millennial, not gen Z. You're like a mid to high elder millennial. I know that I'm having to accept it. You ow all people know, so.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, but you're like core millennial. Yes, yes, I understand having to like wrap your head around Yeah, wrap.
Speaker 3: Your head around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt like you could relate. Okay, So where can people follow you? What's your substack?
Speaker 4: I guess just my Instagram, which is Ali Grant, and then I have started a TikTok and a new Instagram about like creator tips and tricks, like if you're interested in getting into that space, I'm starting to build content there for people.
Speaker 1: Why did you choose to make a separate account for that? Like I liked that on yours.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's it's like a different part of you.
Speaker 4: Oh really put it on my normal instagram. I feel like my normal instagram is so like fashion, beauty, aesthetic blog.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what you you think it is?
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, that's good feedback.
Speaker 4: Maybe I do just like the tips talk about like trying to build.
Speaker 3: A new Instagram from scratch. I don't even know how to like do that.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think though, I think there's a I think it's smart because it separates anything that you want to keep personal on your Instagram. It separates the work part of it. So I think having a separate one is smart because you don't want to feel like your whole personal instagram is all business and you always have to post like tips and stuff. You know, people can give reach out to you and you get feedback through the business account.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you both, great thoughts. Take them both into consideration. Thank you so much for scrubbing in after all this test.
Speaker 1: Thank you for scrub dub dubbing.
Speaker 3: Oh we love you so much. I love you both this. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Wow, see you next year.