Speaker 1: It's Brock and Jeffrey in the morning. Welcome to the second Date Update.
Speaker 2: I could still be asleep right now, but you know.
Speaker 1: It is the weekend, and on the weekends we just give you a little treat. Okay, sit back for a little drama, a little fun, maybe some laughter. It's all part of your second date update starting right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update Date. You know, normally, whenever we have listeners on this segment, we have them start at the beginning of their date and tell us the full story.
Speaker 1: It's usually how stories work.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, Well, today we might need to start at the end. Oh, because our listener Julian thinks the reason he might not be getting a call back is because of his text game after they met up or lack of text game. I don't know. We need to bring Julian on to figure out what's happening.
Speaker 2: Julian.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on? How you guys doing.
Speaker 1: It's like, if your game is that bad, how'd you get a date in the first place? I mean, do you have to have someone good text game to even secure the first date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to the show, Julian. We're gonna get berated, hear anything about what you texted.
Speaker 1: I'm telling him that, like, it can't be as bad as he thinks.
Speaker 2: What's different with your pre risen your program?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: Well, I went out with Tests?
Speaker 1: Tests? Is that what you said? Her name was?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't. Brooke and Jose and Alexis they don't know anything about the date or the woman that you went out with.
Speaker 4: Got me terrified. No, you're good.
Speaker 1: I've been there when I've doubted myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought you were Jose. So her name was Tests? And what happened after your date?
Speaker 4: I don't know how you guys feel about this, but after our date was over, I sent her for text for text okay, yeah, and she didn't respond to any of them.
Speaker 1: Maybe did you text like my best friend does when she goes like hi, next text? What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's one sentence.
Speaker 4: Listen, it was across like six days.
Speaker 3: We're assuming it was that night.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 2: What does she say back?
Speaker 3: Well, that is what he was saying.
Speaker 4: You know, I'd reach out, I get no answer, I'd wait a day, and I'd take in again. Okay, do you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you blaming yourself for a bad text game.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Like I told my guy friends and they were all like, dude, you're spamming her.
Speaker 2: Spamming, I mean, is worse, but you're not getting a response back.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're just not giving up. And I don't think that that's necessarily a bad day.
Speaker 2: But if a girl wants you to give up that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be on his side, she maybe.
Speaker 2: Like take the hint, and you're like putting yourself out.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, I'm not spamming her. It's like these are all like day apart or two two days pertext would be all.
Speaker 3: Your guy friends disagree, right.
Speaker 4: They were like, no, it comes off desperate because it basically tells her that I have nothing else going on in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you free? Are you free?
Speaker 3: And do they have a point? Do you have nothing else going on in your life?
Speaker 4: Be honest, No, they have a point. I don't think it's bad, like showing that I like her and want to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, well what did you like about her on the date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about the actual date, Like, what did you guys do and get into that story.
Speaker 4: We met online, and you know, we met a little Mexican restaurant and it looked so good. So, you know, I told the hostess that it was our anniversary.
Speaker 1: Whoa, wait, what her birthday or something?
Speaker 4: You know, technically it's our anniversary of our first date.
Speaker 1: Well travel this feels like so much so.
Speaker 3: I would be zero the anniversary.
Speaker 1: I would be running for the door. I'd be so freaked out already, know you would, as long.
Speaker 3: As there's free dessert.
Speaker 1: Well, it's that fried ice cream. I do love that.
Speaker 2: The kids it's their birthday. So technically he's right like there.
Speaker 3: And we're all judging about it. What did tests think?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, when the dessert, you know, it was nice flond, which is pretty cool. The waiter kind of mentioned it, but it didn't become an issue.
Speaker 2: Okay, they didn't come out like maybe.
Speaker 3: They thought that you guys were just a really cute special couple and that's what she thought.
Speaker 1: Wait, so she didn't hear you tell them that it was your anniversary.
Speaker 3: Oh no, all right, that doesn't sound too bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she might have thought that they've given to us by mistake.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know, So how did the date end.
Speaker 4: Well, since she opened there, offered the driver back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right after we leave the restaurant, she's like, OMG, is that a Ross dressed to less? I love that store.
Speaker 1: She loves a lady who loves a bargains go wrong there. So what do you say, girl, I'll buy you anything in Ross. What do you what do you want?
Speaker 4: Well, she's like, oh, let's go in. They have the best deals. It was kind of weird.
Speaker 2: He she wants to hang out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was a little confused, honestly, but it was fine because I went in and got a jacket.
Speaker 1: So that's cute. Did she like the way you looked in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She said it was neat.
Speaker 3: That's what Brook says to her son. Yeah, got on.
Speaker 1: There after he draws like a poop picture. That's all right, a compliment.
Speaker 3: And then you drove her home.
Speaker 4: Actually, she kind of decided to get an uber instead of me driving her home.
Speaker 1: Huh, why do you think that is?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe she didn't go somewhere else before she went home.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like a shift and vibe at Ross.
Speaker 1: If something happened, was the neat jacket too neat?
Speaker 3: And the same jazz, or there's a TJ Max right next door and she's like, oh, I gotta get my maxiniese stick.
Speaker 4: Yeah with Alexis, I wish I knew.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we got some stuff to work with your friends. Think you might be spamming her too much with those four consecutive texts without any response.
Speaker 1: Or she found home Goods down the street those stores you just know is so good, she could be in the candle section.
Speaker 2: Brothers.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's up Michael's Arts and Crafts. We don't know. Let's call tests and see what she has to say about the date, and then we'll try and get your second date update right after this. Hold on second date update if you're just joining us, we're on the phone with Julian, whose first date had more red flags than China's annual military parade.
Speaker 1: That seems extreme.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm kidding. But there were a few odd moments from the night. He stretched the truth to the restaurant hostess, saying it was their anniversary, but he.
Speaker 1: Didn't say it in front of her, which is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they took a detour at one point to Ross Dress for Less Love, which wasn't His idea was his date Tessa's plan.
Speaker 1: He got a cute jacket out of the deal.
Speaker 3: But the weirdest part was he offered her a ride home and she said yes, but then later changed her mind and was like, you know what, I'm just gonna uber myself back. Never mind, you're not.
Speaker 1: Going to bring up the fact that she said his jacket looked neat.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 3: On top of all that, his buddies say he's playing the after the date game the wrong way by sending four consecutive texts with no response, even though it was across multiple days.
Speaker 1: Who is on this poor man's side right now?
Speaker 3: Are any of these the reason that Tessa's ghosting? We don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's hope it's only one of them.
Speaker 2: Reason.
Speaker 3: Sorry to recap your date like that, Julian, but do you feel like it was pretty accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that's where you're at.
Speaker 2: Anything you can take out of this what not to do. If everyone says don't do this and then she confirms it, you're doing too much.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll find out that it's none of that and they're all wrong. You were right, She's just been busy, that's all there.
Speaker 4: You go, right, life, happens, very true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's positive.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we're not going to learn about a whole bunch of other red flags that came up we didn't even talk about. But let's let's just call Naked.
Speaker 2: Jacket.
Speaker 3: Okay. Let's call Test though and just see if she picks up and has anything to tell us.
Speaker 4: Extra.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Tests.
Speaker 4: This is her?
Speaker 5: Who is it?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 3: I almost did something, but I was like, Wow, that's my very aroused co host.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I'm excited to talk to Tess.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds like they are a morning show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: We're on the radio, okay, and you're calling me.
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Great question because one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you after you two went out on a little bit of a romantic rendezvous at a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a cute day.
Speaker 3: Is a guy named Julian.
Speaker 4: And he called you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said that he's texted you like four times and you haven't in him back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm pretty sure he knows what happened.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Actually, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Did you say something's embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Embarrassing for him or embarrassing for you, Probably more embarrassing for me, and I just want to forget about it. So well, okay, look, we are totally understanding if something didn't go the way you wanted it to go or something weird happened. But we're just trying to help out Julian because he's totally confused. Yeah, and he mentioned to us about the Mexican restaurant and going to Ross and it.
Speaker 1: Sounded fun, but then you change your mind about getting to ride home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're just trying to help him get some clarity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you I don't understand, Like, it's pretty bad. I don't. I don't really want to talk about it, especially on the radio.
Speaker 2: We can't see your face, really know one of your names.
Speaker 1: We love embarrassing stories. I mean, honestly, it makes me feel better about my whole life.
Speaker 3: Come on, and we're really I mean, you got to think about Julian too, who's just sitting at home totally confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can tell you an embarrassing story.
Speaker 3: We're just trying to help relay the message over to him. If like, make sure that he didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 6: I mean he he didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait, what happened? Did it happen at the Mexican restaurant? Like? Where did things go bad?
Speaker 5: It started at the Mexican restaurant and then just kind of continued from there.
Speaker 3: A few details.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I ordered some spicy enchiladas for dinner because I love Mexican food, and they just kind of hit different, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to give myself to the.
Speaker 5: Bathroom twice during dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, okay, well I'll tell you that did not come up in the recap from Julian.
Speaker 1: He did not notice at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that he didn't notice.
Speaker 6: And then, you know, when we were getting the.
Speaker 5: Check and he offered to take me home, they kind of just hit again. But I didn't want to go to the bathroom because they didn't want him to to know.
Speaker 1: And he'd already gone once or twice.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's fine, I'm going to power through and then to get home. I'll take care of things. It'll be fine. And then we get outside and my body betrayed me rather violently.
Speaker 6: Oh girl ruined my shorts right there.
Speaker 4: On the Oh wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait what.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's like the Bridesmaids.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 1: Before the more after the car, they just get in the car.
Speaker 3: Sorry. I don't know if you heard that test, but Julian, uh, Julian heard that.
Speaker 6: Julian's on the phone almost on the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 1: Sorry. We had an embarrass idea that it was going to be embarrassing like that. We thought he did something wrong buriously, like.
Speaker 6: How is this managing to get even more embarrassing?
Speaker 1: It is not your fault, it is that Angelota's fault.
Speaker 3: Julian oh Man, Julian talk to tests.
Speaker 4: I had no idea at all, Like I had no clue.
Speaker 1: Impressive test.
Speaker 5: Well, luckily, I guess I had that going for me. But I just I panicked, okay, and that's when I thought, how can I fix this? And then I saw the ross next door, and I was like, this is perfect. We're gonna go in there and I can find myself to do shorts.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's why you wanted to go into raws.
Speaker 1: And you just make sure that he walks in front of you at all time.
Speaker 5: I did manage to find a pair of shorts that looked really close to the ones that I was wearing, but you know, I kind of wanted to throw you off the fence, so I also was looking at the sweaters.
Speaker 1: Well, you need something to maybe tie around your waist. That's a classic trick.
Speaker 6: Gosh.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I managed to get those two things.
Speaker 6: I took him up to the cashier, and then I had this plan in my head that was probably pretty ill conceived. You know, do a quick change, like behind his car or a dumpster or I don't know what, rothroom.
Speaker 1: Just use it changing room ross. What are you doing? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be too conspicuous, but.
Speaker 5: It didn't work out in my favor, and I panicked and I just called the uber.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you didn't want to get in the car with him, because okay, not this all makes it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julian, does this connect some of the dots for you?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: That makes sense? Why she called my jacket neat like her mind wasn't even present.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely a jacket.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Julian, you can forgive her for that mistake, right, or is that a deal breaker for you.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Tests, we're all human. Things happen. I would love to hang out with you again. This time we can go skating or bowling, so you can see how you know, non athletic I am, and that could be embarrassing for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's willing to embarrass himself to even the plane at a bowling alley.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a hot tis, But we would like to offer to send you out with Julian one more time, Test, and we would pay for that date. If you're open to that.
Speaker 1: You could turn this horrible experience into like actually kind of a meet cute mile.
Speaker 3: It could be your second anniversary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know anything about that.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we'll just ignore what I said then, and it'll be a sweet second date if you're willing to do it.
Speaker 4: Test.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I mean, Julian, you're incredibly sweet.
Speaker 6: I just honestly don't think I could ever face you.
Speaker 1: It was to him, think of what you've already shown him. There's only there's only up from here.
Speaker 5: At Tests, I honestly can say I never thought someone telling me.
Speaker 6: That pooping my pants was an okay, thing would be romantic.
Speaker 3: What you guys are eighty years old already. Yeah, let's toss in a pair of depends. So wait, is that a yes test? Yeah, Sporo, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.