Speaker 1: Kate Middleton's announcement provokes thoughts of every mother's worst fear, not being there for their children. And while she is a royal, she is untouchable.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: Behind the palace walls. She's a woman, a daughter, a mother, and a wife, and she's experiencing a medical trauma and you know that you can just guarantee that her biggest, biggest.
Speaker 2: Fear is.
Speaker 1: Not being there for her children, being healthy for her children. That's what mothers really think about, particularly as we get older. You want to be healthier, whether it's drinking less, eating less sugar or meat, or not stressing out as much, or taking vitamins. You know that when you do something that's difficult, or you know, physically exert yourself, your thinking about how you want to be strong for your kids. And so that is something that so many people can relate to. And there was so much speculation about her life, which is no one's business. That's hard for people to realize, but it is her life. She did marry someone that she met in college and who she loves, and she did understand what it means to be a princess, duchess.
Speaker 2: Queen whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know all the titles, but I know that she will be the queen when he becomes king. But she did get married, and she did sign up for the life, but there's no way that she could possibly understand what.
Speaker 2: The life would be.
Speaker 1: And she's done an immaculate, impeccable job of being a royal.
Speaker 2: And there's no normalcy to it. Really. She can't go just do what she wants.
Speaker 1: She can't really go to a drug store or a farm stand or just a restaurant or anything that's quote unquote our version of normal. And she's been really graceful and poised and nearly perfect, which is pretty impossible. How does someone up break and if she has, it's been for an afternoon that no one will ever see. And there's so much speculation about her marriage. But what really makes me think about is it doesn't matter what goes on in their marriage. They could have the best marriage in the world, they could have challenges. Like everyone else, you find me a perfect marriage, I'll wait find me a perfect relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: So for everybody to sit in judgment as they do about everyone's relationship is just really shortsighted and it's really almost projecting gaslighting because nobody themselves has a perfect relationship, and maybe misery loves company and people just want to feel better about their own relationship by criticizing theirs. But it doesn't matter because it's their relationship and they're committed and they're together, and we don't get to know. It's under the hood of anybody's relationship that we know our neighbors are friends, and it doesn't matter. And the thing that's really interesting is at times like this is what brings a couple together. And I remember having Hillary Clinton on my podcast, and whether you like her or not, I remember talking to her about the situation with Bill and basically that not defining her entire marriage. There are years and years, you know, decades, and children and grandchildren and jobs and experiences and vacations and illnesses and financial issues or whatever. And a marriage is very multi layered. It's not just about sex, fidelity, money, partnership, compatibility, looks, astrology. It's about so many different things. It's about a partnership, it's about commitment. It's about that they both decided to go on this journey together. And believe me, how many people in the world can relate to that journey. They need each other. They have each other, and during times like this, when someone gets ill, that's when you get closer to your partner. That's when you really appreciate, that's when you have to be stronger as a unit. And that's likely exactly what's happening. So everybody could speculate exactly what's going on, but this whole thing did show that you cannot ever really know what's going on with anyone, including a royal family. Everybody was an expert on what was happening, and it makes sense, and no one seems to care about this photo anymore because it's almost embarrassing, like who cares what they had to do and that had to create extra stress for them. They just wanted to get a picture out and not have to address this until they wanted to address this, So that really sucks too that it was like a forced announcement when she probably didn't feel up to it then. And I mean, she is a person, she has to read what people were saying. And then people were talking about her marriage, people were talking about her past, has past, her looks, and one thing that I did say is she does have a tremendous amount of power. She is all the power because she's the woman in the monarchy, and she's the one that people look up to for comfort, for solace. She is the forward facing royal for whatever reason people gravitate towards one, I mean whatever reason, she's she's just she's just perfect.
Speaker 2: I mean she really is. She's just so graceful, how you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm shouting her mother out because for her mother to know how extraordinary she is. Everybody knows their child is wonderful and loves their child, but not every mother would tell the child, please go and wait the year, and you're worth it, and go get that boy who you like or love or admire, and that you're worthy of being the future queen. So that mother really really put these girls up on a pedestal to say you are worth it, you matter, and you go never settle, and you go for yours. And I'm sure she has that support of her mother, and we heard her brother, and she's got a good support and unit around her. But there have been a lot of lessons to be learned from them. And many people are eating crow right now because they feel embarrassed by joking about something that is really common. So many people I can name three people off the top of my head that have had cancer recently or have lost family members, and then list goes on and on. So you just don't know what's going on with someone, and you don't know what's going on with their marriage, and.
Speaker 2: It's nobody's business.
Speaker 1: It really isn't How can people not realize that? Frankly, you know, sometimes you think about CEOs or people in government and what they choose to do with their private lives. It's not really anyone's business. If they're running a country properly, I don't really care what they do. And her whole life is hers. She's performing her royal duties and what goes on with her medically and personally is her own business. And people just will never seem to realize that. And the thing is, many celebrities bring people in like, look at my relationship, look.
Speaker 2: At my this, look at my that. You know, they don't do that.
Speaker 1: They're not trying to get attention for their relationship. They're royals, like it's just part of the gig. It's don't hate the player, hate the game, plane, don't explain. But they are not flaunting their relationship, which leaves it open for scrutiny or anything else in her life. They are performing their royal duties with dignity and pride in the way that Queen Elizabeth would have wanted. Queen Elizabeth would have been so proud of her, and there's a lot on her back and the crown is very heavy. So we wish her well and I hope she has a speedy recovery and hope that her children are understanding what's going on and that she can be there for them.
Speaker 2: And maybe this time is positive in that.
Speaker 1: Regard because she's totally focused on them versus having to do appearances, and so maybe that's a silver lining for this time. I need you to know that I live inside television. I get so immersed in a show that when it's happening, I have a difficult time sleeping, and I think that I'm like in the show, and I just it's just so dramatic for me, and I'm just like, when.
Speaker 2: Are we all going to be together again? Like you know what I mean. I feel like it's invasive too. If somebody else wants to watch something else.
Speaker 1: Or like if my daughter walks in and she wants to start a new movie, I just like I have left these people and I'm invested in their lives and we're all in this together, and then it ends and I don't know who I am and I don't know what my identity is. I don't know where I live, I don't know where to go. I miss them. I don't understand. It ended too soon, it ended abruptly, like the end of Griselda. I just I don't feel like satisfied. I completely forget that it's a show. I'm just like so dissatisfied about the ending, and I'm like, tell anybody the ending in case you haven't seen it, But like I'm just I'm I wasn't ready and I just I want to rewind and i'd like rewrite and then it's like a true story and I can't rewrite it, and I just get frustrated and I just don't know why we couldn't have done things differently, like we we just had it all and like we could have done things differently, and we made mistakes and it's just like it's just very frustrating and just different shows take me to different places, and I mean certain shows and many people say, doubt Nabby.
Speaker 2: Like that's true.
Speaker 1: That was one of them that ended, and we're just like, what are we going? What's happening now? It's just like such a sad end of an.
Speaker 2: Era, you know.
Speaker 1: And I get scared to get into like another relationship with a show, you know, because it's like you invest so much Like the last.
Speaker 2: Show I was so.
Speaker 1: I was it was so serious between myself and the last show, Like it was very very serious, and now I'm just gonna like move on and just started another show in another place with other people, Like it just feels like cheating and it feels wrong, and I don't know how to like shift into that new world. Give me a minute, Like I need a minute, Okay, I need some time for myself. You're a rebound show that's really cheap too. Like a rebound show, it's just like it's junk food. It's in the middle. It's like a one night stare. The one night stands. Those don't make you feel any good, just like watch some garbage show and it's just like like what did I do that for? I shouldn't even gone. I should have just not done it, Like why would I do that? I had this amazing, amazing relationship with the show, and then like I just go do something so cheap. It wasn't good for the show, It wasn't good for myself, it wasn't good for the dogs who lay in bed with me. Like it just wasn't good, and like I wasn't ready, and that's what happened. I just like got nervous and panicked and didn't want to be alone without a show, and like I just went and like just freaking just went and did like a one night stand show and it wasn't okay. And you need to be ready for a new show and you need to be ready to invest in it and not be just like on your phone the whole time or distracted, because that's really cheap too. Like you're onto the next thing, but you're not present and you're not ready, and you think you're ready for a relationship with a new show, and you're you're just not. But sometimes if you want to get over somebody, if you want to get over somebody, you get under somebody else. So sometimes you know, you get over a show and then you get under another show and it's amazing, like it's a great You feel badly and you feel like I'm sorry that I've found a new show that I'm in love with and I did love you as a show, and maybe I'll go rewatch you sometime, like I'll go you know what I mean, Like maybe we'll be in each other's lives again. I don't know you right now. You're gonna have to be somebody that I used to know because I'm with the new show now. I'm not just gonna go over there and just like start watching individual scenes or episodes, like I'm over here in a new show with new people, new characters, maybe even in a different country, and we do different things. This show is different. That show is about karate, this show is about yoga. It's like more peaceful and just it's a show in Bali, And I'm sorry, but like this is where I live now. I live in this show now, and hopefully I'll live in this show for a while, because you know, a season a reason. You know, we're together with shows for a season a reason, and it's like somebody you give a seven year itch. So hopefully we all find shows that are meaningful and that we can commit to. But if not, just be present and in the moment and realize that that show will come.
Speaker 2: It will come soon.