Speaker 1: It's Brooking Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got a brand new Second Date podcast for you.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for being here. Yes, thank you, we love it.
Speaker 1: And today I'm really curious to see how many people this would work on this guy's trick. I don't know if it's a trick, but it's a cute way to give out your number without ever having to talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's creative and funny. I think, Okay, it would work on you. Yeah I would. Yeah, awesome. So all the guys start doing it, that's the thing. Only one time is it funny, you know, and then it's not.
Speaker 3: Then it goes viral and everyone's a farming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: What do we got in comments right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's one from Pancham who said, love listening to this podcast. I migrated to Spotify from Insta reels and my dog recognizes Brook's voice. She'll get the zoomies when the Second Date update starts.
Speaker 2: So you're a good book. You're a good book. Zoom zoom zoomy zoomy. I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening and being part of this podcast. It means the world to us. Make sure you subscribe and sit back and enjoy the brand new Second Date.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update. We've been seeing studies lately and we've talked about this on the show where more and more men, especially gen Z guys, are scared to approach women in person and try to strike up a conversation.
Speaker 2: Very scary that gender you're intimidating.
Speaker 3: Which is different than me, who doesn't approach anybody in person because I'm a shy boy. Shy boy gets nervous.
Speaker 2: But like Jeff, that's actually Jeff's real personality. Everyone knows.
Speaker 3: Don't tell them. Just like Jeff Goldbloom said in Jurassic Park, life finds a way, and so did our listener Connor, because in his email to us, he said he's trying something new to meet people more organically these days, and watching TikTok to find creative ways to do that. So Connor, welcome to the show man. How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing all right, brother, How you doing? Hey?
Speaker 1: There's nothing more organic than following TikTok trends my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, yeah, I am a little bit shy just to talk to you and ask, but what did you find on TikTok that helped your dating life.
Speaker 5: I came across this trend where apparently these girls are putting their phone numbers on these bracelets, right, and they see a guy they like, they give them a bracelet.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait real quick, I'm picturing like the tailor friendship.
Speaker 5: That's what?
Speaker 1: Yeah it?
Speaker 2: Why do you know so quickly? TikTok.
Speaker 3: I could see the merit in it because then you don't have to like say words to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if this guy doesn't call you, then you're like, cool, I just gave him a gift and he's got a nice little.
Speaker 2: Free brace Yeah, he's totally gonna wear that way.
Speaker 3: Connor, how did that help you?
Speaker 5: I had this random thought, right, I was like, girls could do it, we should be able.
Speaker 1: To do it too, Right, that's right, my friend, make your friendship bracelets.
Speaker 3: Alright, so you you did some arts and crafts for yourself.
Speaker 5: Actually, I got one of my lady friends to help me to make this.
Speaker 2: Smart to streak some beads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd be lost.
Speaker 1: I honestly, it feels like it would work better the reverse. The way you're doing it, it's funny if.
Speaker 3: It's bad and clunky, rather than it's like cute.
Speaker 2: A woman would really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, a little kookie maybe, But is this something that you put on just for when you're going out for the night, or do you wear the bracelets all the time, even at work, just in case you meet someone.
Speaker 1: I imagined him having the bracelets in his pocket and then pulling them out and giving them to someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you always have them on deck, That's what I'm saying. Twenty four to seven? Are they on you?
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, this is new to me, right, So I kind of wanted to just try it out for just a full week.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, So how many bracelets total did you give out in that week?
Speaker 5: Probably like a dozen okay.
Speaker 2: Not too many?
Speaker 3: How many a lot?
Speaker 2: How many call backs did you get?
Speaker 5: So I got three?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's one and four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about one of them just texting me back, said unsubscribed.
Speaker 3: That's funny. It's got a funny but yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: That's funny, you know, with her friends doing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, And so I'm assuming that's the girl that we're calling then today.
Speaker 5: No, no, not that.
Speaker 2: He followed the rules. He really did on subscriber.
Speaker 5: I hit it off with this girl named Ainsleck Ainsley.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean you've given out so many bracelets throughout the whole week. Did you remember which girl Ainsley was?
Speaker 5: To be honest, at first, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right. You didn't tell her that, did you?
Speaker 5: No? I didn't. But we we did a picture of exchange, so I knew who I was.
Speaker 3: Of faces, I'm guessing that's probably remember you. She's like five guys gave me bracelets last week. Was there a day, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: We got some lunch lunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense, like random guy and bracelet. Let's do daytime.
Speaker 3: What was it like meeting her a second time?
Speaker 5: She was still wearing her bracelet. I guess that's a good thing. And I actually brought her matching homemade necklace. It's kind of corny.
Speaker 3: To match her bracelet, Okay, And I'm assuming your lady friend helped you make that one too, but we won't tell anim.
Speaker 2: I bet he figured it out by then. You just need a longer string. That's all the necklace takes.
Speaker 3: I've always got customer rings with their name onto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just got the whole set you right on the necklace, because you'd already put your phone number on the bracelet, social security number on this one.
Speaker 5: I just you know, I put a little note like your special cute.
Speaker 3: Did she like the necklace because.
Speaker 5: Apparently it reminded her of the show called Love Island.
Speaker 2: But I don't know where this is the show all.
Speaker 3: The gen Z things, friendship, bracelets, Taylor Swift, Love Island.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's just trying to make covers. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: You guys talked about Love Island.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know what, I'm kind of a fan of Love Love Island just a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, bro. It's like everyone's guilty pleasure.
Speaker 2: I just saw a video of someone's boyfriend going nuts over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's everywhere anyway.
Speaker 5: It's a lot going on. But we hung out for over an hour and it's good. I expected a little more, but we hugged and it was a good time.
Speaker 2: That sounds good. I mean that's all inappropriate ending for a lunch date, right, And have you talked it all?
Speaker 5: You know? All she really does like likes my text or I see that she reads them. I'm kind of left on red, you know, but I think it's worth reaching out again and just kind of seeing what's going on because I thought we really connected and even the Love Island thing was so nice to have somebody else to be a fan of that show. So we're kind of on the same frequency, you feel me.
Speaker 3: She's maybe saying the same thing because it's you know what Island like, you would think she's saying, Oh, I'm so glad in front a guy who's into it. Right, let's call her and find out man, we're gonna come back. We'll reach out to Ainsley for you.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do we do like, I don't I haven't watched the show to welcome into the villa or something like, we have to meet at.
Speaker 2: The fire pets. I'm gonna bonshell, come in and throw it off. I'm happen to just a simple rose on these shows.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna hop on Amazon. We're gonna order a portable fire pit, throw on our bikinis, and come back and do your second date update Love Island style. Right after this thank you second date update, we just learned the hot new way to meet women, and that's friendship bracelets with your phone number on.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an id our listener Connor found on TikTok, where women are doing this to meet guys now, so he thought, why can't a cool, confident man do it too?
Speaker 2: It worked multiple times for him, get.
Speaker 3: Sure did, and that's how he met Ainslie.
Speaker 2: It's really cute.
Speaker 3: The two of them met up for a date, talked a lot about the show Love Island, But since then she hasn't been responding to him very much, and Connor is now starting to wonder if he just got voted off of her Love Island? Connor, how you feeling.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm I'm good. I might still have some options.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got wait, you got a backup plan? Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I got, I got, I got a few other options.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well we can call all of your options when we're done with this first option, Ainsley, do options all have bracelets?
Speaker 1: I got to know if you've got backup bracelets for next week years?
Speaker 2: This doesn't work out?
Speaker 1: Like, how many extras did you make that you haven't been passed around? Well?
Speaker 5: I don't think I needed much extras. I mean I'm not a bad looking guy, all right?
Speaker 4: With the confidence you say, like three out of twelve texts, Still, that's a.
Speaker 3: That's a high success rate for a man. So let's keep that confidence going. I'm gonna dial Ainsley's number right now. Hopefully she picks up.
Speaker 5: Sounds good, All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Ainsley.
Speaker 6: This is her. He's calling.
Speaker 3: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Offended that you don't recognize us by our voices alone or not?
Speaker 2: It makes sense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Like, what's going on? Did I win something?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Really, you clearly haven't listened to the radio in a very long time. We don't give away anything.
Speaker 2: There's no budget.
Speaker 3: We may ask for money by the end of this. Actually get your venmo ready. But what we're doing is a segment here. It's called a second Date Update Okay, okay, And that's something where we reach out to people who've gone out with somebody before. That person is not calling our listener back and we're trying to figure out why. Oh that's awkward totally, which is why we put it on for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 2: Perfect It could be fun though. It could be somebody that you really like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in this case it's a guy named Connor.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I think I think I would like to maybe go out with him again. He's nice.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, you would.
Speaker 2: I was easy.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like you've auditioned for a reality show before.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just that the thing is, like, there's this other guy who's also pursuing me, and I just I'm trying to be fair and like figure out what's going on because I like both Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, another person in the picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's a competition? What are you working with here against?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: I mean he's a really nice guy. Listen, they're both nice that I don't really want to lead either one of them on because it's kind of early, so I just kind of want to see how it progresses. They date each one one of them a couple of times and kind of get to know them so that I can actually make a choice.
Speaker 2: So you are going to call Connor back and go out with him again too.
Speaker 3: Because Connor is the one who gave you a bracelet if you remember.
Speaker 6: I do remember, I still have it.
Speaker 3: It was really that the other guy didn't give you any handmade jewelry.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, I don't have any other handmade sory. And it was super cute.
Speaker 3: That's a few points that Connor already on this other.
Speaker 6: I like this, That's what I'm saying. Like they're both really sweet, and it's like everybody can be sweet on the first date, Like let's yeah, let's see what this is like after a couple. I don't want to burn a bridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but you're burning a bridge right now by not responding to him.
Speaker 2: All you're doing is liking his text.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I just don't want to lead anyone on, and I don't know, maybe I'm not going about it the right way. So it's like, yes, I'm definitely still interested in Connor, but I also don't want him to think that I'm like both feet in gun ho right out the gate and then him like, oh this doesn't work out and then like be like really crushing.
Speaker 1: I think you are going eighty steps ahead of yourself here.
Speaker 2: You guys have had one lunch date.
Speaker 1: You know. I think if you were just honest with him and told him you liked him, that would make Wouldn't that make you feel good as a guy?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, that's why I'm willing to go out with him. I mean, everything you're saying makes sense, So I guess we'll make me think about this a little bit differently.
Speaker 3: Well, I think Connor would feel very reassured if you actually relayed that message to him, because he's in the middle right now, unsure of where you're at. We're voting for Connor. Text unfair, Oh textingte text Connor. Well, I think there's a very good opportunity. I don't think I don't think we need any of that, because there's a good chance for you to tell him those feelings directly, since he is already on the phone right now waiting to speak with you.
Speaker 6: Oh well, that's awkward.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like I said, that's what we enjoy about this segment. So yeah, Brook and Jeffrey Island. Connor, are you there? Do you want to say hi to Ainsley?
Speaker 5: I didn't know you were hanging out with somebody else, but I guess that's cool.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So like it, like it wouldn't bother you if I'm kind of just seeing you both for a couple of weeks and seeing who I really connect with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if it bothers me, but I think it's a little weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Connor? Don't blow this you You had a yes when I was talking to her that she already wanted to see you, but suddenly you came on. You say one thing and it's flipped to and I don't know, stick.
Speaker 5: Up for yourself.
Speaker 1: No, wait, why are you being defended like I'm confused, Connor? Because you told us you had other options too. I mean, isn't that what dating is?
Speaker 5: Listen, don't tell her that. I mean that was between you and me, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Birk, what are you doing? You're trying to submarine him?
Speaker 1: She has options, he has everyone who's singles what it is.
Speaker 3: It's something that we all acknowledge, but we don't actually talk about book. It's a secret.
Speaker 2: Well that's the problem.
Speaker 1: It doesn't need to be a secret, Connor. You don't need to, like feign like you're upset about it. You can't be upset about it if you're doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have anybody tell you how to feel about how to live your life. Connor, It's okay, just talk to Ainsley.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm not upset about it. Right. This is the surprise. I thought you and me was really trying to work this out. You just seem like a dope, awesome person. I kind of feel like we're a good match.
Speaker 2: That is so cute, Ainsley.
Speaker 6: Listen, Connor, I honestly, it's really sweet, and I really do appreciate how genuine you are, and you seem like a really good guy. So I mean, yeah, I mean I do think we could probably go out again. You know, just see what happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're back, Connor. Well done.
Speaker 5: It's amazing to hear. I just kind of want to be on the same page with you. So you're going to pass on this next guy, right, because we're chilling, We're getting to know each other, what you know. I'm just trying to figure this out, right, So are you saying you want to see me? Or are you want to still see him? Or like what's going on?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: Okay, So like now you're giving off some pretty serious jealous vibes and I'm really not into that.
Speaker 2: I know that that's the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, Connor, you would be doing the same thing right, like you would be only skin her.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not seeing anybody.
Speaker 6: You literally just said you had other options, Like, maybe it's a better idea we don't go out.
Speaker 1: Wait again, Ainsley, here's the thing like, how do you He's just saying, let's really actually try this instead of not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Connor, remind her of the good times that you two had together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we bonded over Love Island. I gave you the friendship bracelet and in this necklist.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, I did like that. Maybe maybe we should hang out then?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, okay, it's at this point I cautioned Connor to not say any other words whatsoever, because anything that you say could have a detrimental impact on Ainsley's decision here for a second date.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should just go to a movie so they don't have to talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna officially ask now, now that she seems to be on board again, Connor, are you still cool with this? Do you want to hang out with Ainsley?
Speaker 5: Honestly? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh Connor, dude, you all you had to say is yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, but I just don't know if we should.
Speaker 2: This is what just make a choice.
Speaker 3: So now, Connor, you don't want to go out with Ainsley?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Okay, listen, I really thought I liked you. I thought you liked me with other guys. That's cool, that's fine. But listen, I do have another girl, okay, and I think she's a little more sure about what she wants.
Speaker 3: You guys sleep around then okay, we've come to an agreement. They both have other options that they want to explore first, and if those don't work out, they'll come back to each other.
Speaker 2: This is why people give up on duty.
Speaker 3: So Ainsley, it looks like officially it's a no and a yes and another no and then yes and yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 6: So yeah, this was a lot. Thanks for calling and ruiney my day a little bit, I guess, But.
Speaker 2: We also made it better at the same time.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, I mean yeah, at least I know Connor is no longer an option.
Speaker 5: Are you sure about that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Connor hanging enough brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Oh my god, that was so frustrating to be a part of. I'm so glad it's over.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 3: And I thought Brooke brought up a really good point about how was It was like the perfect snapshot of what modern dating is and how uncertain everybody is. Nobody wants to commit to anything at all anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's like going to a restaurant like the Cheesecake Factory, and the menu's too big and you can never make up your mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, many flavors out there.
Speaker 3: You just got to come back once every day, get one thing off the men until you've gone through the whole thing, or.
Speaker 2: You just stick to the one thing you like.
Speaker 3: Maybe. Yeah, it is funny that these two were kind of like a real couple on Love Island, weighing their options and waffling back and forth, except in the end they voted each other off. So yeah, the good news is, we don't vote anybody off the Brook and Jeffrey Island. Just go to our podcast, have a drink, stay awhile, take your pants off, listen to all of our second dates online wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Talkt about that. I bet a lot of people do have their pants off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we support that. Okay, you find them online at Broken Jeffrey