Speaker 1: Forever. Hi, guys, Hey wait about the Sola. Wait, what's the big deal? There's no big deal. You just said it right before that we started recording, and I was trying to react to it when the episode started, right, okay, all right, so tell people what you're talking about. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So you know, we usually don't like go through Twitter and talk about headlines or whatever. But you know, the big viral story Zola, that was like I think like two years ago about the black girl who was the stripper and she met up with this white girl and there was this I don't know, like a whole scandal.
Speaker 1: They made a whole movie out of it. Yeah, but I remember that was like the first big Twitter viral story. Yeah, because it was like multiple posts, it was a whole thread. Everybody was reading it. I don't remember what happened in the story either. I feel like somebody fell off a balcony. I don't know, it was something. It was insane. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but the girl is an actual stripper.
Speaker 2: Yes, it feels like she still might be stripping. I don't know that I've been. I look through her page and I was like, okay, so she's still on brand.
Speaker 1: What's her. What's her social media handle? I don't know. I have to look through it again.
Speaker 2: But the girl who's playing her is Taylor Page. She's an actress. Uh, she is dating Jason Jesse Williams.
Speaker 1: She was in that.
Speaker 3: She's the one who broke up Jesse's marriage.
Speaker 1: Wait what, Jesse, I'm just asking, No, cheated on his black wife with a white woman.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's Minka Kelly. That's Mika Kelly. That's a different actress.
Speaker 1: Minka Kelly is the one who broke up Jesse Williams allegedly. You say you can't trust these light skin dudes with the light eyes. Yeah, with those that curl pattern. Every time I yeah, every time I see a curl pun like that, it's like nah. No. And side note, I worked in this same hotel as Jesse Williams, like years ago. He worked in a hotel.
Speaker 2: Yes, he worked at the yard at Soho Grand And I was a hostess in the lounge and he.
Speaker 3: Was a bartender.
Speaker 1: No, he was a server. M Did he ever try to like talk to you or touch your butt?
Speaker 2: No, But he told somebody that I was seeing at the moment that I was trying to talk to him and I was like, what are you?
Speaker 1: You're not even my like shade, I don't even Oh you don't date, let's do No, oh, you didn't date. Let's know, but you dated white women. Yeah. Interesting inters. Hey, we all have our thing, and that was light skin was not my thing. Well, i'll tell you what. Leskin people were kind of freaky. I think that might be my flavor of the mother. A little butter pecan right right, right, pequan. But a piquan can sleep with me. Yes, okay, But you had never had a conversation with Jesse. He just told somebody that you were trying to talk to fing.
Speaker 2: We were chatting, like we all worked in the same hotel, so it wasn't like we weren't having conversations.
Speaker 1: You guys would have family meal together and your elbows touched one time. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was a friendly, but not to the point where I was like, what are we doing. I had already slept with one of the bellmen in the in the oh wow, who.
Speaker 1: Was very dark skin? Yeah that's what. Yeah, you slept with the bellman. Did he have a little hat.
Speaker 4: On the hop is a bell man?
Speaker 1: Bellman? Yeah? Bellman? And bell hop because like a female could be a bellman, but we just calling him bellman. When I get to a hotel, I want somebody strong to carry my bags, not somebody weak that I got to help him carry my bags. Yeah, does oh did he carry your bags?
Speaker 2: I mean I think the sex was incredible. He used to play football, so okay, a very great body.
Speaker 1: He was so hot. He paid me dirt. He wanted no parts.
Speaker 2: I mean I most likely could have been psych I mean, just reading old things that I used to write to people.
Speaker 1: I was off.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, So you guys had sex and sex was good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How many times did you guys sleep together? I think just twice?
Speaker 3: And after the second time he ignored you at work.
Speaker 2: I think he was just like, yeah, I'm just I don't think I want to hook up with somebody I work with.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, well that, but you guys had sex twice, so that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think after the second time, I must have just didn't throw it back enough.
Speaker 1: But Na, after the second time, you must have been at work, like flashing him your tits and he was like, ah, this is wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm I mean I was pressed, but it was just like I thought we both were pressed. I thought we both were having a good time. But that's not the case.
Speaker 1: You said he used to play football and he was sexy, so you know he had other people that he was sleeping with outside or maybe he was begging multiple people at work. Friend, I don't think so, not that I know of. Because I was asking around. That's why he stopped talking to you, because you was asking around. I was just asking like, oh, do you think he's seeing anybody? And they were like, Sidney's asking about you.
Speaker 3: That's his name also, Jesse. Maybe that's what Jesse thought you was.
Speaker 1: No, his name was Brandon.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brandon, Yeah, shout out to you, Brandon something. I was like, I had like googled him and everything. Nothing came up. Nothing came up. There was a couple of people that I've been remembering their first and last name, and I'll just.
Speaker 1: Like google just to find out, like where the fuck they are? What are they doing? And nothing is coming up. They must be dead.
Speaker 3: You remember the first and last name of people that you slept with.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know if you could bleep this out, but there was a Michael.
Speaker 1: No, can you bleeve it out? Why would you believe why would you Why would you bleep out something that you haven't said, because I was going to say the whole name. Then why say the name if you want him to take it out? Yeah, you're right girl, what makes no sense? Friend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, you just bleeped it and then you were like, can you bleep it? Okay? Anyway, why did you want to bring that person's name up?
Speaker 2: No, that's like one of the people that I remember their first and last name.
Speaker 1: But you said his last name. His first name is Michael though, that's fine. You know Michael's exist. Yes, wow, totally not listening to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Put their number into Facebook and a lot of times, then you can find out everything.
Speaker 1: You think I have his number. I definitely don't have his number, Okay, I guess Wow, yikes, I don't remember the first name of some people that I hooked up with, let alone. I don't think I ever knew the last names. That is. That's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, one, if you were a boyfriend, I think I can remember your first and last name.
Speaker 1: You think I think, well, the people in college, I remember their last name? Really? Yes? Oh no, I have a I have a Chris Larry I don't know if Larry is much.
Speaker 2: His name was Lawrence. Well, yeah, he's Ghanaian. And then Chris, Chris was light skin that I met off of Facebook. I met him from Facebook and we had a relationship after that.
Speaker 3: And how was that that was? Being with light Skin Chris?
Speaker 2: He came from a really good home. His dad was a doctor. So you're telling me the dick was trash?
Speaker 1: Heard you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was just he was like like nerdy like me, but like way more nerdy than me.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's I think he's still I think he might be a doctor or in psychology something.
Speaker 1: He's doing great.
Speaker 2: He went to I'm saying maybe too much, but he went No, but he went to he went to a good he went to Temple. But anyway, I would go see him in Philly. I would lived in Massachusetts at my school, and I'm I would take the bus several several hours.
Speaker 1: Did he pay for the bus? No? Did he ever come see you?
Speaker 3: Yes, he did, and he took the bus or he took his dad's jet or whatever.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: And then actually there was an issue because he had came up during my birthday weekend and I was dating him, and I was dating this other guy. And when the other guy came and I the other guy who actually lived in Massachusetts, I was like, yeah, you can't come in right now because Chris was there. Yes, he brought me like pizza and soda and all this stuff to celebrate my birthday.
Speaker 1: And I was like, in lingerie. And I was like, you can't come in lingerie from Claires Secrets, oh, Vickie secrets from the mall, the middle of the mall. Do you remember what color lingerie you had on? It was purple? Wow? Yeah, get to absolutely yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I remember him, remember, I don't know the guy. I remember the person I lost my virginity too. I remember his first name, but I don't remember his last name. And then I had a boyfriend in high school that I remember his name. His name is Steven, and I know his last name too because I was cool because I remember. No, we didn't go to school together. He went to a separate school. He went to a private school, and I went I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you're your your dick catalog sounds like you know well to do well, to do intenctive, Like that's why when people would be like, are you sure you're a gay?
Speaker 2: Do you know how much dick I've been through to get to where I am right now? I know that I don't want that anymore.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I remember that first name of the dude that I lost my virginity too. I don't think I ever knew his last name. He was Trinidaddy, and he was a liar and he is dead. Was he hid a whole kid from me? That sound whole child, that sounds friend, Yeah, a whole baby. Yeah. I have a story about that too, somebody that I worked with and my other hotel.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you just bang all your coworkers.
Speaker 1: Well there was a time, There was a time and a place. Okay, but that's benefic benefits package.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's he's a model. He still looks good.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he was absolutely cheating on his Wow, I'm saying a lot.
Speaker 2: You're about to say what I'm saying. You're about to say, why no not, wife? I have a story about that too. Fuck man, I am a trollop of a whore.
Speaker 1: I don't know what You're a dollop of a hope, daisy of a hoe? Wow? Okay, well see, and then I went into work and I was like, oh, I wonder where such and such as. He's like, oh, yeah, his wife. No, not his wife, his his girlfriend is in labor. I was like, wait what. I had no clue that she was pregnant or that he was with somebody.
Speaker 2: I know he was with somebody. I didn't know that she was having a baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, lean Away heard you. Yeah, speaking of cheating, hot off the press, Lena Waite getting a divorce because of alleged cheating. I mean, if it's if they're gonna divorce she cheated friend, ain't no alleged there, uh. I mean I knew Lena Waite was gonna be problematic when she put them cuts in her eyebrow. I said, oh, she trying to while out, trying to while out. I said this, this, this is not a good sign for her wife.
Speaker 2: So they were married for two months two months, but they have been together for for how long? I don't know that logistics of everything, but yeah, for a minute, well I think they were married longer than two months. They just like let everybody know that they were married two months ago.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're chewing on the microphone and be pissed off about them. Okay, sorry, guys, she's almost she's almost done her orange though, so you'll just bear with it for a little bit longer. NOA, yeah, but I mean, I'm sure they've been together for a long time and like Lena is blowing up, so like for her, why for whatever, for them to be like we're getting a divorce, it's got to be pretty serious. She had to be caught cheating multiple times. You only no way, but I can't imagine. Wow, and I heard that she's cheating with that actress from Harriet. Uh, Cynthia. That's what they said on the streets. I was reading the blogs.
Speaker 4: Cynthia Rivo is not Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that with this blunt hair, I looked like Cynthia Rivo and I had to leave the party. I was like, that is an insult, and I'm going home. I said, that was the meanest thing you could have said to my blood.
Speaker 4: I hear that she's not the best person to work with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did Harriet, And so that's already problematic. Okay, so hated it. I mean didn't see it, but already in the movie looked problematic. Yeah, okay, so I can't It just says they broke up two months after announcing their marriage, so I don't know how long they were married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they announced, they announced that they were married, but they had been married for a little bit longer than that.
Speaker 1: This thirty five, they spontaneously got married at a courthouse in San Francisco. We snuck and did it. You know, we really didn't make any announcements or big so she okay, it feels like the secret wedding was uh Lena's idea, Like she didn't want none.
Speaker 3: Of her host to know she was married. So she was like, let's just do it.
Speaker 1: We're in San Francisco, let's get some riceeroni, let's go up this little hill, get married, not tell nobody.
Speaker 2: And then her her fiance was probably like give it pressure in her like so when are we doing this? Like I don't understand, and Lena was like, all right, then.
Speaker 1: Fucking bitch, let's go. Let's just go now, leave that sweatsuit on. It's fine, let's go, right, and she was like, she probably did it. She didn't have a fresh shape up or nothing. They just got married with like a jagged hairline.
Speaker 2: And then they had a little boy with the old camera from Queen and slim take a picture of them in front.
Speaker 1: Of her car. Prob that's probably their wedding phok, yeah, they just they just photoshopped the other two faces on the top. Wow. Whatever, it's fine. You're saying it's fine. What's fine?
Speaker 3: Them not working or her cheating on her wife?
Speaker 1: Both? Fine? Yeah, but that's coming from you. You're you know, you've been the other woman before. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm it down. Wow, that's aggressive. How is it aggressive? You saying it's fine? I feel like is aggressive? No, because I think for you to think that.
Speaker 2: You're going to be the only person forever that's pretty confident. That's a thick that's an amount of confidence that is unrealistic to me.
Speaker 1: You know how many it's billions of people in the world. So you're saying that you believe in polyamory, polyamorous relationships. Now I don't believe in that, but I do believe in everybody should get at least like a get out of jail free card. One at least one one. That's it. You get caught you with one person, Boom, that's done. Next time, this is over. Yeah, but why not just being an open relationship? Why not just keep it open. If we if you think that somebody, everybody deserves to get out of jail free, cart that means I get to do somebody on the side and you get to do somebody on the side. So that's two different people at two different times. We can't be doing this at the same time. Why can't we can do it at the same Dude, we go we gotta pass it off because because you doing it, because like because okay, so I know I knew this.
Speaker 3: Dude, his mother, No, who cheated?
Speaker 1: The mom cheated on the dead one of his parents cheated uh and was fully prepared to leave and that felt through right, came back into the relationship, and then the other parent forgave them and said that it was fine, we would work it out. And then the other parent, as soon as they got the opportunity, cheated on, cheated on Like if the dad you first, the mom was like, it's fine, it's not a problem. Then the mom cheated a couple months later because she was like, well, you did this to me, So some like, if you're just gonna do it in retaliation, then it's not gonna work. But if we agree that we're gonna be seeing other people on the side, then it is what it is.
Speaker 2: No, when I think when I say get out of a jail free card, you you're on a business trip.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, you're with the crew. Y'all drinking wood for reserve is flowing. Yeah, y'all drinking the Manhattan Yet some escorts come through escorts, No, no sports come through. Boom, you in the you in the hotel, cheating it up, cheating it up a storm? Right, you too, beb whatever?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: And then right you I find out about it. Okay, this was a crazy scenario. I'm fucking mad. Yeah, I'm not talking to you for a minute. I'm gonna put you on pause. We're still together. That's your get to jail free card. Now you have it a whole fucking affair. Absolutely not. You know how much.
Speaker 1: You know how invested you have to be to have a fair that's a lot. Also, y'all haven't seen these movies. Fatal Attraction. You haven't seen that was the movie with Richard gear Oh, unfaithful, unfaithful, I mean faithful.
Speaker 3: Great movie, But y'all not watching these films.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ends well, it never ends well.
Speaker 4: But everyone thinks that it's not going to be them exactly, and that's.
Speaker 1: Why it happens to them.
Speaker 2: But also that's why I think about marriage. It's just like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna be the only one forever.
Speaker 1: Really, But there are people that I mean, it's twenty twenty and marriage fifty one percent of all marriages and a divorce or whatever the hell the number is. Yeah, but you know, there are people that are together and they want to be together, and they're monogamous, and you know, they born and dry or whatever, but they make it work.
Speaker 3: Those people, those people do exist, They do exist.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people I talk to who married for that long, they're miserable then.
Speaker 1: But old school people who's still married, they're still married for the love of like their vows and all marriage. You're supposed to stay in it. Da da da da da. But they're miserable. They're not everybody who's married is miserable. Friend, not everybody, but a good amount a lot of people. It's a cute amount. They've been together, they've been together for twenty five thirty years. They don't even know what their wife's vagina looks like anymore. A lie, you know, it looked like it got some gray hairs on it. Look I think, I think twenty thirty years married is some gray pubes and it's some salt and pepper things in that thing.
Speaker 3: But I I what was what to say?
Speaker 1: I'm shading coach hairs and I forgot what I was gonna say. Yeah, that's rude and triggering. Do you want to get married? Friend? Not to me, I'm not proposing. I just yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a no. I don't know, Andrew, do you want to get married?
Speaker 4: I would like to get married. I could see you getting married to yesterday.
Speaker 1: The way you're talking right now, it sounds I'm actually surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised. You sound real. Marie Fauston over there.
Speaker 4: What is this face that you're doing?
Speaker 1: People change, but so did you used to want to get married and now you've changed your mind?
Speaker 2: I think I think I wanted to get married because that's like it's a thing, like everybody gets married.
Speaker 1: But I just feel like, yeah, I don't feel that way anymore.
Speaker 3: Wow, let's get married.
Speaker 1: Every time I see people getting engaged, I see pictures of weddings, I'm like, this looks so great. But all of that is set up to look great.
Speaker 3: This is all well, that's how photos work, friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not just the photos I'm talking about, like the actual wedding, the engagement. It's all a big to do and it's too curated for me. I feel like love is loose and and unpredictable and.
Speaker 1: Uh, marriage and stuff. It's just too strict. It's like too many things you got to set up well, but not not Lina Lina. Lena then went to the courthouse and sweatpants with stains on them and she got a divorce. Yeah, because she was she was cheating. She was cheating before they was they got married. But I think, but I think that's the thing too. I think when it comes to regular people getting married versus celebrities getting married, it's not gonna be the same thing. Like famous people getting married or celebrities getting those to me, don't seem to ever work out, like I mean, unless you will. And Jada, but you know, they lose. They opened as so and Jada has not hit me up once, which is crazy, which is insane. The fact that we don't know what Jada's type is. This type is her type is you know, pouring on the.
Speaker 3: Rise, that's not her type of friend hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Not how tight you don't know Smith makes thirty million dollars a movie exactly On the right, you want to you're fucking like one of the best. You're like, I need to see what it is down there, that's more fun. She didn't even know what a groupon was, sis, You think she knows what poor people do and where to hook up with that On the right, I'm just saying Jada Pinket didn't even know what a groupon was. You think she know what the poors is up to? You think she tapped into this community. I don't say she knows. I'm just saying she should be funny and she could be fucking we all right, Sidney, Well, let's try to get Let's try to sneaking into, you know, an after party at the Oscars or the All Star Game. You know what. We're gonna track Jada Pinkey's birth chart, see where she gonna be in the next couple of months, and we'll put you in the room with miss Pinkett Smith. She's she ain't got no time for me.
Speaker 2: But it's fine, Like I'm just I'm just like, like I get marriage, just like it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: You don't get married. I do get it, but I'm just like, yeah that I don't think that's for me anymore. M I don't know if I want to get married because I don't want to give half of my assets to somebody that I think I want to Oprah instead minute. But I also feel like, you know, like currently I'm having a good time. I don't want to be in a relationship strictly for the fact that I feel like my career is about to take off and I don't want to enter the industry with a man because I want to be able to step with who I want when I get to where I'm going. That being said, I'm not gonna be banging everybody in Hollywood. I'm not gonna be the bald hoe that you know, you know, Maurice here, you know, Maurice here. I don't want to be that. But I want to be free to do what I want with who I want. So, you know, I don't know if I'll get married. But I've only ever had one boyfriend, So there's also that I'm not really a commitment person.
Speaker 3: It's not really my you know, it's not my narrative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's real specific, but somehow everybody's doing it, but not everybody, Like everything is not for everybody, and you know people are gonna cheat.
Speaker 1: No one's ever cheated on me far as I know.
Speaker 3: Uh, don't do that with your face, Andrew.
Speaker 1: This man had a whole family. You think he wasn't cheating? Which man? The guy that you said you didn't know he had You didn't know he had a family. No, I didn't know hit a baby.
Speaker 2: You didn't know he had a baby. So you don't think he was dealing with anybody else.
Speaker 1: Girl, we were not a couple. We were just sleeping together. So he wasn't cheating on me. He was just lying to me and took probably all these other hoes, which is you know, that's neither here nor there. But I found out about the kid because his baby mother called me from his phone. Be a be why m m am.
Speaker 4: This stills up?
Speaker 1: Oh my baby mamas.
Speaker 3: She called me from his phone.
Speaker 1: So I picked up. I was like hey, and she was like hi, and I speak to Marie please, And I was like, oh you hear a woman's voice on his from his caller ID from his number. I was like, oh, this is this is not gonna be a good call. And she's like, I just want to know how you know blank because I'm fucking him. And I was like what, because you know I'm trying to get because I was laying down, like she woke me up from a slumber. I said what And she's like, I just want to know how you know him? And I was like, we're friends, which is not a lie. We can't stand that we're friends. I can't. I cannot stand someone calling the other woman. Do you mean you can't stand somebody stand?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me finish. Because the way she was talking to me, I was like, oh, we could be friends. Ah No. She wasn't aggressive, she was very respectful. She I just want to know how hi. First of all, she hit me with a may I speak to Marie please? I said, yes, this is let me get a Marie. You're found. Hi. This is Marie? Who may I say? It is calling? Anyway? She was like, uh, I want to know how you know him? I told her we were friends. She was like, oh, well, we have a child together. She's like, we have a child together and I was like what, I didn't even know he had any kids. You know, we have a three year old or where however old this kid was. And I was like, oh, okay. And I used to speak to this man every day. I would go to his house. Never saw no kid toys, never heard a baby crying in the background, never like stepped over a pacifier in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: There were no kid things in his house.
Speaker 1: You got some good babysitters. No, no, the baby slip. The baby was at the baby brother's house. But also like I don't know, maybe he would go outside and like lock the door, like I don't know where he was talking to me when we would talk, and she was like, we have a child together, blah blah blah blah blah. And she was like, I just wanted to let you know.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yes, call you know, we friends.
Speaker 1: And then because and then my phone rang like an hour or two later, and it was him again, and I thought it was this woman and I was like, well, I got more questions, so I'm picking up and it was him and I was like, what did you do tonight? And he was like, nah, nothing, nothing crazy, you know, I just hung out with the boys, with the boys, or with your boy, with your child, with your son. He's with the boys. But my birthday was coming up, and I didn't say anything because I want him to get me a gift. Work work. I love the scam. Ah. Oh you think you're gonna get me. No, you got gonna get me a gift. You've got got and I'm gonna get a gift. And then he didn't get me a gift, and then I did not well because the next time I spoke to him after that, the baby was in the background screaming and I was like, who bagy is that and he was like, that's my son. And I was like, oh, she must have told him that. I know because we literally were sleeping together for like a year and never heard anything about this child. And then a couple days after I speak to her, Now, your baby's in your house and you can keep a secret being loud? Good for him? Who's that in the background? Oh that's my kid? What when did you have a baby? I told you I had a kid? No you did not, You did didn't tell me which your bitch ass show home anyway. So that's why we don't date Trinidadians anymore. Oh, I totally yeah, they're done. Can't canceled with the tea canceled hard tea mm hmmm. Anyway, I can't believe I didn't get a gift. Actually I can. You know diapers are expensive, beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just rolling back all those times, it's just like, what a terrible career in dick.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know I didn't get enough gifts.
Speaker 2: I will say that the guy that came from a good home dad doctor got me a Tiffany's bracelet, very cute, cute.
Speaker 1: What did I do years later? Gave it to my roommate, just like you gave it to your room. So I can't have nice things because you was laid on a ramp. No, I just get I was like, yeah, I'm not gonna use this no more. When am I gonna wear this? And this is when like that bracelet, like the it was like a Pandora bracelet. No, not the pan Dora, but like yeah with the yeah, with the engraved or whatever. Yeah, it was such a big deal to have it, and I wanted it so bad and then I finally got it.
Speaker 2: And then years after that, I started, you know, I was on drugs and I was like, I don't want this no more.
Speaker 1: I was on drugs.
Speaker 2: What it was sterling silver, so it wasn't like it wasn't gold or anything.
Speaker 1: It was silver plated. Yeah, I can't believe I gave it up. I was like, I'm so stupid. What is sterling silver? What does sterling mean? Like a blend a millange of silvers?
Speaker 4: No idea. I don't know why you're looking at me.
Speaker 1: Well, because you're white. I think maybe you knew.
Speaker 4: I've never even heard sterling silver before.
Speaker 1: Well that's actually wow, that's rude.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Let me look it up for you.
Speaker 3: He said, I don't know what you're looking at me. I don't wear that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what other gifts that I get? I didn't really get gifts.
Speaker 1: Uh. The the guy before Adrian, he got me a bag because he was like, oh you keep He got me a diaper bag. Wait, hold the one. He got me a Chloe diaper bag but it looked like like a normal bag, but it was a bag for diapers. Because he's like, oh, you're always with that Adidas Duffel bag. Yo, you had an Adidas backpack with the two strings. No, I had Adidas Duffel bag and I would carry that everywhere because I would like have a change of shoes and my makeup and stuff because you know, so you've always always had a giant bag. Yeah, at all time, Yes, absolutely, Okay, Sidney never has like a little purse. Yeah, what's a small purse?
Speaker 3: Sidney never like carry like an envelope clutch.
Speaker 2: No, I'm the type that's like, oh, she's going somewhere for the weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm a weekender bitch. Yeah, weekender bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 3: That's the name of the EU.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, oh, first thing that pops up is Tiffany's unless was it listening to me?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Wait, what did you google Tiffany's?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I put in sterling silver in the first thing that pops up is Tiffany's.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, please read the definition.
Speaker 1: Sterling silver is an alloy of silver, containing ninety two point five percent by weight of silver and seven point five by weight of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver waits okay, So how much percentage of silver is it? Ninety two point five percent? Okay, So it's mainly silver, it's mainly silver. Yeah, And then you know this was that copper a couple pennies in it. They melt a couple abe linking faces and then you get a sterling silver, people ask, is sterling silver a good quality chosen for strength and beauty? Sterling silver has a lifetime of durability. Pure silver is very soft, making it a poor choice for an everyday ring, such as an engagement ring or a wedding ban. The additional of copper makes silver strong. So sterling silver is good.
Speaker 3: But why the word sterling in front of silver makes it feel like.
Speaker 1: It feels amazon. Yeah, yeah, it feels middle of them, all right, yes, thank you. It feels clare successory. It's clear exactly. Yeah, that's what it is. That's what it is. But if you get it from Tiffany's now it's.
Speaker 2: Better because it's shinier. Okay, but hold on, let's get into it. My friend, uh started dating this millionaire and oh Ryan, we put my phone down and he was buying her everything. I mean, I'm talking about him.
Speaker 1: Give us the full story so we can go do it.
Speaker 2: He owns like a shoe company, like a big shoe company or whatever, and I think he met she met him through another friend who was like a flight attendant for private jets.
Speaker 1: Oh, talent specific business. This. Wow. I hope these friends never listen to the podcast High friends that are rich or Richard Jason. Yeah, so she met him through there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, the friend who was a flight attendant used to be a shoe model for this Dudeka.
Speaker 1: Come on, she's a good friend. No no, no, no, no, this friend, this friend comes through like she's shoe model. Now what size? What's it? What's it? I mean like a seven? She was a seven.
Speaker 2: She's a very small feet, but you know, she hooked him up. And you know, my friend is was very younger, like so much younger than this guy. He's like in his fifties and she's like in her twenties or whatever. Okay, yeah, and obviously he was a very alabaster and immediately he's like, oh, you know, what is your friend black? But she like got very nice quality hair. She's okay, so she Jesse Williams heard you. Yeah, yes, no, but she's she's brown skin.
Speaker 1: I'll show you brown skin. She's gorgeous. She's a model. I don't know if she models now, but.
Speaker 3: She got to be gorgeous in the face to be a foot model.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the other friend, the other friend is gorgeous, but she's just her feet are cute. To be a full model. They're very pretty. Okay, she has good feet. Okay, okay, okay, here's my friend. This is which one is this? That's the one who dated the the millionaire.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel like I could do this. Yeah, I could definitely date a millionaire.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why I'm not.
Speaker 4: It's the millionaire cute.
Speaker 1: No, they never are Andrew. You know this.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they are never.
Speaker 1: There in the movie that.
Speaker 3: They always got a funny look like Richard Gear.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. They're shaped like penguin from the Batman movie. Yeah, they waddle a little bit. They're always mister potato head vibes. Okay, Yeah, she's cute. She looks kind of like a friend of ours. Yeah, okay, she's great. So he you know, giving her car, giving her allowance, buying her like Chanel watches, getting her like the best Artemar Artemar Artemar watch that's like a Cartier watch, like one dollars. She had watches, but I don't want watches. Put my name on a lead he had hold on. Okay.
Speaker 2: She had like diamonds, diamond studs from Tiffany's whatever, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: She had, shoes, clothes, money, everything. Yes, So obviously they break up and obviously I mean he went he before he broke up, and he's like, you know, I get you these nice things because like if anything happens, you can always like sell this stuff and you'll you'll have money, you'll be taken care of. So what a nice guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you know he he was doing this. They didn't they didn't have they didn't really have sex like that. I think she might have had sex with him twice, and she was with him for months and months and months min maybe a whole year. Who knows, they only have sex twice. Yeah, she only told you twice. No, no, no, no, this friend is very honest. N She drinks Tennessee like it's water.
Speaker 1: She drinks Tennessee. Yes, wow, Cavossier drinking Hennessy. This is okay.
Speaker 3: Put my new yeest resolution is to start drinking Hennessy.
Speaker 1: Hannessy gets you to where you need to be.
Speaker 3: Friend Hennessy is getting me on a private jet.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so she they got the guy stops giving her money.
Speaker 1: No, they break up, she moves out whatever, but then oh they lived together. They lived together absolutely, and I only has had twice yeah, yeah, he couldn't. I'm saying a lot.
Speaker 3: Please say it, Please say but you know, you know you couldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't need to say it, you know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, she goes to back to Houston or whatever, that's where she's from, and uh, you know, she comes back to the city because she's like, oh, I'm trying to pawn all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm going with her to pawn these things. Do you where do you pawn an autumn? Watch the Diamond District. You just go to those places.
Speaker 2: So you go to you you see what the market is for it. You see you know how much it was paid for, and then you see what people are taking it for. Okay, so we go there and a lot of the stuff you're not really getting nowhere near the money you paid, right because it's used, not even that, it's just used. Like even if you bought one and then came the next day to sell it, it's you're just not gonna get.
Speaker 1: It's the quality that they're saying it is. It's really not that great. Tiffany's absolutely not. There was. She had like studs that were fifty or sixty thousand dollars. We went to so many stores. Every time it was like maybe ten one was like eight thousand dollars. Yeah, but they're not gonna give you what you paid. No, that's not how they make money. Oh, absolutely not. But I'm saying, like that is such a small amount. So what the hell does a fifty thousand dollars stud look like? Oh? They were big, they were huge. Okay, so they were rocks. They were beautiful stud When I think stead, I think they were incredible. The only watch out of all of them that were worth real money was the Cardia Watch. How much did they How much does that retail for? Do you think her watch? Yeah, I'm gonna say it was at least like seventy seventy thousand dollars. She had like a lot of watches that were how much do you think she get for it? We went we went to one place and they was like, oh, we'll take this for it was I think were a little under twenty thousand. But it's just like this would rather you just give me the money? No, I have the money, and then like maybe put like a gift on top of the stack cash, but give me my money.
Speaker 2: But that's when she was telling me after everything. She was like, all this name brand, all these things, that none of this matters, Like it's stupid. She the money that she accumulated from whatever this relationship, she took it and she made her own business. And now she has her own salon or whatever in you know where she lives and she she's employing people, she has a home. She's like, things don't matter. She's like, yeah, I buy things now. But at the end of the day, you need the money and you need to invest it.
Speaker 1: And if you can, if you have the opportunity to get a lump sum of something, she's like, immediately put it into a business, whatever business you want, do it, even if it's like, oh, this is not something I love. Per se, when you when you make when you start a business, you're gonna get a return, especially when you start a business with money that he gave you. I mean, wise words from a sugar baby love to see it. Yeah, that's what we need is a sugar baby expert. Yeah she was a I don't think. Yeah she doesn't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean she doesn't because she got a business.
Speaker 1: But like these people do. I mean, you could have a business and still get money on the side, like Claus. Are you talking about Claus? Ain't nothing wrong with that? Are you watching Claus? I am not, but I saw the first season. It was good. It was great. I love Nie Nash. Let me, she's getting a divorce too. No, no, she is, Yes, she is. Wait what haping divorced? Wendy Williams told me, you know he's where we getting my news?
Speaker 4: Husband is so hot too. I think he is me.
Speaker 1: Because you know your taste is questionable from top it. No, that's not true. He's everybody showed me. I was like, that's a lie. Remember when Andrew banging at homeless guys stop it?
Speaker 4: And he looked like Jamie fo Ah.
Speaker 1: Jamie Fox poor though doesn't we saw him poor in that movie where he was a pianist. Pianist, he was probably still hot. No, he looked right homeless. Okay, wait, when am I looking up?
Speaker 3: Nash see husband?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Jay Tucker husband. Oh he is cute. I wouldn't say he's like the finest, but he's.
Speaker 4: A nice too.
Speaker 1: He's Yeah, he looks like somebody that drop a bus. He looked like a nigga that would cheat. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: You could see the whey he wear his suits. It's like he's one step out the door.
Speaker 1: Andrew, I'm not gonna give him hot. You know, he like a nice looking guy.
Speaker 5: But for.
Speaker 1: You said, that's not how, that's not how you No, that's wrong. Take that back. She fine as fun. Her body is snatched, she's funny as hell. She's making money. Titties, top titty tier, top tier titty Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, the.
Speaker 1: Reason that they, I think got a divorce is because she started getting really I don't think there was any cheating involved, but I think you know, when you meet somebody and they're at the beginning of their career, you know, they're like they're a different person. They start to do well, they start to book things, they start to make money, they start to be busy, and like maybe you feel emasculated as a man, or you feel like you getting left behind because you still work at you know, wherever he was working, Barney's or whatever. You know. So I think that's why the studio, he works at the studio. He's an engineer at the studio exactly. So you know, that's why I think a lot of relationships, like Hollywood relationships fail when you're starting out like didn't Vanessa Hudgens also just break up with her man. They were together for like nine years and he is in a bunch of new movies, like his career is starting to take off. Oh yeah, so you know he got what he needed from her and now he's like bye. Like that shit is so scary and stressful. What is scary? What's scary? I don't know you with somebody and.
Speaker 2: You already established and then they witch you and then they get what they need and they peace out. That's that's stressful.
Speaker 4: Well, Monique has an open relationship Monique. Yes, here we are Monique. She always talks about the thing. I think she has some podcasts about her open relationship with her husband.
Speaker 1: She talks so much that it's just like it needs to be open. So because there's no way there's your mouth closed, so your relationship shouldn't. Yeah, we love you, girl, come on the pod. Somebody at her, at her, make sure she knows about us. We can't pay you to be here, but we would love for you to be here. It would be great exposure for you. No one, girl, We love you anyway. Yeah, she's got a special coming out too. I'm sure time where it came out, she was.
Speaker 4: Mad about Amy Schumer getting a lot more money for Netflix.
Speaker 1: From that's what the whole Monique thing started from Netflix ban because they ordered, they offered her like a tenth of what Amy Schumer got, and Amy Schumer got like sixty million.
Speaker 4: Dollars And where's Amy Schumer's oscar?
Speaker 1: Amy Schumer don't need an oscar. No, she's a she's a white woman. Getting an oscar doesn't mean any It means nothing. Absolutely. Remember when Halle Berry got an oscar. Every single movie she made before and after that was trash doo doo. Well, Monique got for precious and then you know, she started talking about Oprah being the devil and Tyler Perry being trash and she hasn't been in a movie since. And I understand, Oh, ego is Ego is strong, because it's like I know where she's coming from, because she's like, I want I want my worth, I want this, I want that, I deserve this. I should be able to speak on it. But it's like you got to play the game, right, because you got to play the game and get what you can from it and then start your own shit and then you're in control and you won't even even have to mention these people. Well, think about all the money that she lost because of this, Okay, because because the whole thing started from when she was doing press for Precious. Okay, she was doing press for Precious, and they wanted her to con. They wanted her to go to CON and all these other places and do all these interviews and she was like, well, am I getting paid for these? And they were like, no, this is part of your contract. And she didn't want to do the stuff because she was like, well, I'm tired and I should be paid to do work. And she she got this reputation that she was difficult to work with, and then after that people didn't want to work with her. And it's like, Sis, you was worried about these scraps from this press. Now you can't make any money from any movies because nobody wants to work with you. You should have just done that free work, free quote unquote work, and then you would have been able to make more money consistently after that movie was done. The problem is is that she said, she said, you know, she had to fly herself out, she had to do all this, She had to you know, get her own makeup all this stuff when she goes to con which I understand sure. And then Kevin Hart, I don't know, they wanted him to do promo for the movie that he was in. He was able to work it out as if you want me to promote on this platform, you need to pay me this amount of money.
Speaker 3: Yes, because when it wasn't at the same time that the Monique.
Speaker 1: Way, it wasn't at the same time, but it was like, it wasn't that far off to be like, you can stipulate something for these people, right, But that's Monique's lawyer's fault. That's Monique's lawyer and Monique's manager's fault. You shouldn't negotiated all that in the contract before you signed it. Friend, And far as I know, her husband is a manager, so yelling an open relationship, d yelling an open relationship, and he can't read. He can't open the contract and say well you need this, this, this, this, this, We can't cross these things out. Also, Kevin Hart at this point or whatever point that this happened, has like social media wasn't as big when Monique was doing Precious, but Kevin Hart has a huge social media following so you know, most people that have one hundred thousand plus followers, they can go ciate money based on what they post, you know, so that there's a difference there. But also women, when we ask for what we want, we're viewed as difficult. And when men do it, they just you know, they're good businessmen.
Speaker 2: Or or they already hit them with a high number anyway, because it's a man, they don't.
Speaker 1: They normally do not low ball men, especially white men. We already know that. But man, a man is going to get a higher number than a woman one hundred percent. I agree with you on that, as when they have no problem giving them this number, yes, yes, yes, no, but this is but at the end of the day, when you're negotiating money with anybody who has a lot of it, the contract that they offer you first is what's convenient for them, what's most ideal for them. So even if they're offering these white men a higher number than they're offering a black woman, they're still not giving them what they could give one hundred percent give them. So whatever number they offer me, when I get my contracts for anything, I would triple it and ask for that right and then we meet somewhere in the middle. But as I've and I've spoken to other female comics and other female performers, and they're always afraid to ask for more money. And I'm like, but that's not how I live my life. My mantra is what would a white man do? And that's how I do it. And lucky for me, the people who represent me, you're all white, so they ask for what they want and then my black ass gets that.
Speaker 3: But do you got to ask for more? You gotta know what your worth is.
Speaker 1: You gotta know what the people, uh, the people who don't look like you are asking for are probably gonna get. Ask for that, ask for the white man check, and you probably not gonna get it. Most likely you're not gonna get it. But ask for that, ask for more than that you or it's just like whatever you think you're worth is double it. Well, because but I spoke to this chick and this was recently, maybe like in December sometime, and she was like, she was like, I got offered this job and she was like, but it's not enough money, but I don't want them to offer the job to somebody else. And I was like, but if it's not enough money. Then you just gonna take that little bit of money and that's how you're gonna like how can you support yourself? And she was like, I just don't want to be I don't want them to think that I'm difficult. And I was like, but men don't think like that. They're just difficult. No, no, no, or it's not even difficult. It's like you want me, right, I didn't ask for this job. If you hitting me up, that means you want me. You want something that I can offer. So I'm not going off the number that you're giving me. You need to go off the number that I need for me to work. Whatever number they put that, whatever number they offer, you don't take it. That's not how That's not how money negotiation works. That's not how Will Smith got thirty million dollars a movie. Now, that's not how. I mean Bad Boys two was, I mean Bad Boys three was not a good movie. But you know the movie took so long for them to do it because Martin Lawrence, they were offering him so much less than Will Smith. And he was like, well, I'm not we both it's Bad Boys. It's not Bad Away with Martin laure It's both of us. So you you ask for what you're worth. You ask for what you want, and if they don't want to give it to you, then be fully prepared to walk away and be like, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: Be fully prepared to walk away, which.
Speaker 1: Is fine because something else better is gonna come that, Like, if somebody wants you, if they really want you, they gonna give you that number less your monique, which is where we come back to. She didn't want she didn't want to play ball, so she now is not in the game at all. That's that's what is happened in the mo That's what happened to her in the last I mean for her, she feels like, you know, she's still in it, which is you know, but I'm saying you She won an oscar, right, That's what Andrew brought up. She won an Academy Award for Best Supporting.
Speaker 4: Actress and then.
Speaker 3: No movies after that, not even a Soul plain too, no movies, And it's like, what happened?
Speaker 1: Friend? I mean, this industry is fucked. I mean, we listened to that podcast where they were interviewing Viola Davis and you know, whatever you think is going to be and when you become an actor or actress or whatever. That's not how it plays out. Like Viola Davis had to be so many terrible roles to get to where she is now because they just were not allowing or offering her that at first. And she's still mad at herself for doing the help. She's furious. She I'm sure she's the way she was talking, she's still mad that she took that role. But at the time, it was like, yeah, this is this is like the best thing that I can do for now, for now, until I can get to the position of like, oh yeah, I'm never taking those roles. And then how to get Away We're Murdered. She said that they they had she was not the first pick. She said they want they wanted her to audition, and she was like, I am not auditions that they wanted her to read for the role of how to get Away We're Murder And they were fully prepared to offer it to two other, two white actresses, and they didn't want them to They were going to give them the wrong and because they didn't want it, and because they didn't want it, that's why she got it. But she she also she refused She said I'm not reading for this, and she got it, and she's winning all these awards for her, but like, imagine, imagine fucking Nerve, imagine Violin, do what else and where you are going to give that to Jennifer Lawrence, somebody raggedy sis, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Phoebe, Phoebe from Friends, somebody raggedy, not raggedy. But I'm saying, but it's just like, come on, now, come on and even still, I mean she's I mean, I saw an interview where she was like, if you guys keep saying I'm the Meryl Streep of whatever, then give me Meryl Streep money. Absolutely. But that's the thing too, is like black women in Hollywood, they you know, they they throw this away, but they love recycling. What the hell is Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer and what's the other one now, Maggie, Margot, Robbie, Like it's the same, They have the same fakes, they do the same thing. They like them. The director likes working with them. Every single thing they direct for the next six years that person is in. But they don't do that with they don't do that with black actresses. No, they'd be like well, well, I think Gabrielle Union was touching on this, that that was happening to her, to her as well, because she was supposed to what what movie was she up against that she was supposed to get? Oh, Scandal? There was a show, right, she was up. She was up for Scandal, and they went with Kerrie Washington, which I was like, yeah, that makes sense this.
Speaker 5: But like.
Speaker 1: But it's like shod no, no. I mean it's just obviously you're like, oh, I deserve this or whatever, but it's also like, you got to be realistic. A lot of people get type casts because depending on how many rules you didn't take that you've took. If you don't show your range, they're gonna keep putting you in the same And what.
Speaker 3: Is Gabrielle Union's range city.
Speaker 1: That she don't do that prinlysis friend as close to her as you look, I love some Gabby. Well you are the only person in the room that does. I just I you know, I she's not a good actress, friend, She's a basic as best that being said, Kerry Washington not the great of an actress either, and she's very annoying and scandal but uh, you know, I think that the role went to the right person in that in that instance. But it fucks with you. It fucks with you cause you're you're you're in this and you're like, I'm my peers, my friends, da da da da da, and we know all the ship that goes on with the industry, like oh, they'll offer to this person and then oh they're giving somebody else more money and you wouldn't even know if you didn't even just fucking ask, Like, well, that's what Viola Davis was saying on this podcast, and y'all need to listen to it. It's so freaking good. She was saying that, like you have to like buy the rights to a movie, like because she was like, oh, I have my own production company, but so does Octavia Spencer and actually be Hinton, Like all these black women have their own production companies. And you think when you have your own then making a movie is a piece of cake. But it's not because you ought to then get funding for your movie. And she was like, what white man is going to play a supporting role to me in a movie?
Speaker 3: Because the it's if the politics are go into it is crazy.
Speaker 1: They get paid more money and they're a supporting character and you're the star, but you make less than your a white coastar. It's insanity. And but but you need that white coastar to get funding for your movie. Yes, because a production company is not gonna give you money because they're like, well, who's gonna see this this black, this blick movie. It's and it's I mean even with us, like if we go into something with us together, they're like, ah, two black girls, they'll want to switch you out where Oh, let's get an Asian or a white because then it's like mainstream and it's like what we have the most chemistry And we're like they're like, yeah, but we need but who Yeah, how are we going to sell this? And it's Erica knuckle watch this what I mean anywhere we go we fucking shutting it down right. It just it upsets me because it's just like, oh, so you're gonna put You're gonna put us with somebody we don't know that, we don't have a real good rapport with. It's gonna be off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean people can act and like, you know, I see you with other people like this works. I guess she getting a check?
Speaker 1: So yes, for the team for the money, friend, yeah, and the exposure. But like, we just did the thing on NPR. It was asked, asked me another and when I tell you bodied it, Sydney and I got on stage and stole the end like it was our podcast. It was our show.
Speaker 3: The audience was like, oh, well, I don't even see this host. What are y'all talking about?
Speaker 1: No, we love we love the host. Yes, it says we love the hoax. But I'm saying we got If you would invite me and Sydney to do something together and you're there and you think you're gonna moderate it, we are taking over your podcast show.
Speaker 3: You're we're taking over it sucks and we're interviewing you.
Speaker 1: Right, let's talk about what you got going on. It's a it's a gift and it's a curse. But it's just like, yeah, but this is that's like the industry. It's just like, it makes more sense, Oh if I pair you with somebody else of a different nationality. But it doesn't. Everybody doesn't make more sense. It doesn't make more sense to me. It don't make no, it doesn't make more sense because when we look at when you look at the media, that we consume it's white, white commercials, white families, white theys, whiteyah blah bla blah blah blah. Right, but like black folks consume that, and we can we can enjoy something that doesn't have black I mean we don't want to, but like we we can watch a white movie and be like, oh, that was a good that was good. But you telling me that white folks can't watch two people who don't look like them and identify with them characters. But that's not what the people are saying. These are what the people that the gate keepers are saying that the people who are curious whom talking about. Yeah, they're like, well, you know, Andrew wants to see us. I mean, ed you went to see Queen it's slimpses. Okay, he basically saw us. He was in that film at the shere you're so damn and send it took her braids out in the studio, So you've basically seen Queen and slim Here. You're it's living. It's right next to you, living and breathing. Yeah, anyway, I mean, it's it's what what other options do we have? Friends like I can't get a desk job. No, I can't not work in the entertainment industry. No, because I can't. You know, I've been fired from every job I've in my head. So that's not where I thrive. Yeah, I thrive here, No, absolutely, but but that's why it's Like.
Speaker 2: Gabrielle Union was at h she did No Hollywood Reporter, they do those those interviews, and she said when she was at the table, she's like, talk to your sister, ask what she's asked. Don't be afraid to be like, this is the amount I'm getting because what you're doing is you're helping the system. Because what they're doing is they're low balling like you're a good friend, yep, and you like you're saying yes, but this is a business.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, it's not a business. It's a business for them. No, So it is a business. That's what it is. It's a business and for them, whatever is cost effective for them is what they're gonna offer you. There was somebody in New York I don't remember who it was, but there was there was an email circulating in like random the black community, and it was like writers, actors, directors, producers, and they were all anonymously putting in how much money they made for their first thing, their second thing, their projects, what the budget was, so we could all see how much everybody was getting paid so we could better negotiate our contracts. Were you on that email list? No, well I gotta find it. But it was from like maybe like a year and a half, two years ago. People were just putting in how much money they were making for projects, so we could see essentially what you're talking about, so we could be like, oh, okay, realistically I should be asking for no less than this. Yeah, so I feel like, you know, I can't wait to be in a group chat with Kerrie Washington and Taraji and them to see how much they make it, so I could be like, all right, right, right, that's what I should be asking for. And then I mean, she is this is where I was like, this is a tough one. She's like, when you take the role that everybody was like, no, I'm not doing it for that amount, then it's like you're opening the door for them to keep making that that amount so low. So sometimes it's just like, am I in a position to be like I can't take this money? I understand what she was saying, but it's like some people are not at that level where they could just be like, yeah, I'm gonna turn that down. And that's what's so crazy because the people who turn that role down know how much you're getting paid, and they judge you for them they do, and they look at you they're like, oh, I was they offered me that role? Actually?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's like that's the other part of Hollywood that is that's so scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, like so it's it's scary because you're gonna be in these circles. You're gonna be at the Golden Globes eating your little you know, your fish dish, your shrimp contail right now, and somebody and sitting down Lathan or Whoever's gonna walk by and be like beach like you you you bringing us all down.
Speaker 3: And you're like, since I my mom is here, like I've never been to the Golden Like why are you talking to.
Speaker 1: Me like that? Like that is so scary. Yeah, and you know it's gonna happen because people can't or they don't, they don't have to say anything. They just look at you. They're like right, and you're just sitting there with your fashion ovah Vault collection and you're looking at them like you just happy to be there, but they think they look down at you because you took money that they were like, I would never do it for that much.
Speaker 3: But it's like, since I just got here, this is my first job. My IMDb is bear.
Speaker 1: Let me make this money. As I supposed to do, right, I'm supposed to say no and then just never work. Yeah, anyway, I mean that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean that essentially, that's what's like Viola Davis saying like I needed to do these little roles and these these roles that you're like, ah, this is not good for the brand or the community, but I need this money.
Speaker 1: Or you need the experience, right damn? All right, Well, I'm gonna get me a little Jewish agent and a little Ari from uh entourage, and we're gonna make this money because realistically, we are gonna we're gonna book things that we don't really want to do, but we they're stepping stones. Yeah right. I mean, I don't know where Meryl Streep started, but you know, Mary, Meryl Streep does six movies a year, and they're all different. And she can be artistic and she could be creative, and she could be Julia Julia, and she could be the devil wears Prada, and she can be you know, a nun and she she has all this different these different this different range, and she could flex some muscles and damn well, right, but Viola is not getting offered as much as as Meryl. She's she gets to be a crackhead, she gets to be a mom. Where does she? Would she Juilliard? Where'd she go she went to? I think she went to Juliard Julia the best of the best, right, m hmm, that bitch works. She'd be acting. Okay. Meryl Streep is the black Violet Davis. Okay, because everyone calls Viola Davis the black Mary, the white Viole. You know what, you know, what the hell, I don't do that. Don't do that. I said that in my solo show. Meryl Streep is the white Violet Davis. Thank you, yes, Merch Merch. I mean, I don't know, We're not gonna be competing with those women. We're gonna be competing with like Yaa Shahiti or whatever, and like you know, like young black Hollywood, and well that's who they give that, that's who they offer the role to. And then they're like, ah, I'm too busy. I'm I won't be I'll be you know, in another country filming something else. I can't do it. Yes, I'm sorry, I can't. What's the girl from Dear White People logan something? Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah, and the girlfriend like no, the Nola Darling girl, Oh, Dewanda Wise. I'll read stuff and I'm like, oh okay.
Speaker 2: Like and we'll see all the people that are auditioning, and then you see the deadline. They're like, that's who they offered it to begin with. They were auditioning all these other people just in case, just dick, justin that. They're like, oh, we can't do it, but they they know who they want for the role. A lot of people have said like, oh, this person wrote me into they were thinking about me the whole time they made this character.
Speaker 1: Yep. That's why, like casting directors is all like you. You all got to be in a it's not just your talent. Writers got to know you. Casting directors got to know you and they got to have a rapport and a relationship and they're like, ah, this is for this person. Yeah I wrote you into this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm doing oh I did ah I saw them in this hold on, let me bring them back. I think this is for them, that's all it is. You'd be like, oh, I set audition since they wasn't even thinking about you.
Speaker 1: They the camera wasn't on. Yeah, like they should come in and you felt good about it. But you're not even thinking about you, And it's it's not about it's not you, it's you, like because you're so hard on yourselves. What it's literally, it was never gonna be U siss, but what's for you will be for you. No man can take amen. Amen, Ah what the choir saying. He said. Anyway, all that's all that being said. I feel good about what is coming right. You know it's gonna be hard, but you know whatever, Uh, we'll figure it out. We're we're here, we're writing, we're creating content, and we gonna sell something that maybe will never get made, but we'll get paid for it and we'll use that money to do something else and put it back into the business. And uh, you know, along the way, we might maybe sleep with your husband or your mother. I'm sleeping with moms. When I get up to the top, watch out, how hide your mom? Hide your auntie I'm for everybody. Had your kids had your eye they rapping everybody out here. Wow, Sydney, can't believe you hid your mom? Is that the title? Kids?
Speaker 4: We had a title?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but we could we could amend that, you know, we switched.
Speaker 4: We had week under Bitch as the title.
Speaker 1: What do you want to That's cute though, We do you like that?
Speaker 4: And that works a weekend with your mom at the very end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no, actually yeah, the white no, the black, the white violent, the white Violet Davis. Yeah, the white Violet Davis. That white Violet Davis. That's cute, tooky, I'm here for that. Yeah, all right, Well, shout out to Monique and let's just list all the black female actresses that we can remember. Yeah, and then speaking of putting money back into the business, y'ah, niggas go to the Patreon because it's popping and uh we see we see the people who are It's just it's like blowing up a little bit and it's real cute and I'm really love it and we need that same energy. Keep it going, you know, keep it moving, keep it going. And also I have a solo show on what is It what's the day? Wow? Fuck yikes. I think it's the February the eighth at ten o'clock. Yes, at Union Hall. Can y'all get tickets because I don't want nobody to not be there. People gonna get tickets? What you're talking about? I'm just you know, that's the energy that I put out there. Nobody's coming. Yeah, that's that's negative and her this negative thinking exist. Yes, before we go, Okay, So February eighth, Union Hall, ten PM show. Yeah, Sydney's show is called what is it called? How to Start a Fire? How to Start a fire? Yeah, And while we leave, when we on the way out, we're just gonna list again black female actresses that we can remember, ready, Queen Latifa, Regina King, Regina Hall, Jada Pinkett, who was the one that was in set it off, but she had a kid, and a Kimberly Elise, Yes, Kimberly Elise, Vivica a Fox, a Fox Cecily Tyson.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, a classic WHOOPI Godberg you know she you know she got that he got so I throw.
Speaker 1: That out there. Yeah, Okavir Spencer, come on, Sidney, we need I know, Gabriel Union yeah, we said, Garberry, Washington. We just want to list them. We said, all those people, Holly Berry, Dandy Newton, Dandy Newton. Where is she? Where is Sandy Newton? Yeah? Yeah, yeah you Jody Smith, Jody Foster Smith? Is that Jody what's her full name? Foster Smith?
Speaker 4: Jodie Foster is a different actress? Silence?
Speaker 1: Okay, but okay, don't don't do this, don't don't do this, don't do this. Okay, Well, we can't think of any more black I know there are, but black female actresses. Give us some names. People in the back a Dominique Fisher, dominate. Who's that? Ah, she's in juice? Okay, oh pay what? Oh the dude? Oh that's the James Frankle thing. Yeah, he's canceled. Canceled. Well, we can't, for whatever reason, think but you guys listed and y'all, y'all put it in there, put it in the comments. If we missed your favorite black female actress. Oh, Angela Bassett, Yes, we ain't ship. We just gonna stop right there because I can't think that was okay, So, thank you so much. Make sure you rate comments, subscribe on iTunes, see you on the Patreon friends, Yes, Bye Bye Forever. This has been a Forever Dog production.
Speaker 5: Executive produced by Brett Boham, Joe ccilio, and Alex Ramsey. For more original podcasts, please visit Foreverdog Podcasts dot com and subscribe to our shows on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Keep up with the latest Forever Dog news by following us on Twitter and Instagram at Forever Dog Team, and liking our page on Facebook.