Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Victor trembanyama Palooza. It's the NBA Draft lottery tonight. Yeah, not the draft, but to have the draft after tonight we will know who is picking number one. Potentially the greatest swing in like NBA franchise history since Lebron James was coming out, and it was like, who's going to get to pick Lebron James? I am Jack. That is Miles Gray. Exciting times.
Speaker 2: Uh woa, what do you think he's gonna have said?
Speaker 1: This is the most highly anticipated player to ever enter the NBA, maybe the greatest prospect in the history of team sports. So kind of keeping things nice and measured, you know, yeah, too much pressure.
Speaker 3: And we haven't seen another person with his like physical stature absolutely just get destroyed before the season even started in chet Holm, greright last season. Yeah, yeah, Okay, I mean it's exciting for sure. I think it's anticipated and because he is like such an unknown quantity, like we're just it's like it looks like the next evolution of the game where you're like, wait, you can be this big and do all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think also Lebron has prepared people for somebody who is this anticipated and then actually pays it off, which is I think more of a miracle than people actually realize the fact that he was able to do that. That's a lot of pressure, a lot of things can go wrong, but Lebron James truly a genius. We will see how the Lakers doing Game one tonight and the time we will see who gets the number one pick in the NBA draft. So now that we've gotten all our non NBA listeners gone, we can finally talk about the Zoon. I mean, yeah, that's what people really care about, Microsoft's failed iPod competitor from years ago. The Zoon literally is back in the news because it was a punchline. Apparently at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume two. You know, after two films of Chris Pratt's character like listening to a Walkman because he left Earth in the eighties, he finally adapts to modern technology and adopts an MP three player, but he gets a zooon. Miles Ah, hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a good one, dude, if you remember it, Like early on in the show, we had one listener who was listening.
Speaker 2: To this show on the zone, right, Yeah, we Zoom God.
Speaker 3: I know, I think you still listen, So shout out to Zoom God because we could not believe. We're like, and here are the devices one Zoom and you're like, that's fucking dedication.
Speaker 2: So you were ahead of the curve, Zoom God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now they're coming back. Zoom actually makes an appearance in volume three, which Microsoft and you're not gonna believe. This has turned into a branding opportunity. So there are two stunts the Microsoft is pulling. One is just giving away a Zoom that they're like, hey, we found this and storage that I found in my close. We truly quote have no idea if it works, which I thought that's whoever whoever they got doing marketing over there. They're getting good, good job, easy there. And there was the second thing, which was so the person who came up with the we just found this in storage, don't know if it still works, but we're gonna give it away. That person's co worker got pissed and they were like, that idea is too good and Chad is getting too much damn attention, So I'm going to do a Zoom centric product stunt. So my best guess as to how this happened is they were like, all right, so what else? What's what's a buzzy thing? We three D print a zoom And people were like, uh, I mean that, Yeah, you could do that. That idea kind of sucks and they were like, even, well, what if we did it in fucking space? Uh so you feel bad, Well you at least have to be impressed by the amount of money we are lighting on fire to do this idea. So they're also three D printing a zoon on the International Space Station. Baby, get the fuck out of here. Give uh. It just like made me flash back to like every Badge marketing meeting been.
Speaker 2: What if like Lebron James did really.
Speaker 1: Lebron James three D printed a zoom in space while flossing and and listening.
Speaker 3: To the New Ice Spice. Yes, oh you thought I was feeling zoon That's what they should do. Wow. See now now they got to get me back in the marketing seat exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyways, if you are starting to hear about zoom again and don't know why, it's because somebody's spending a bunch of marketing funny. Yeah, Martha Stewart speaking of things coming around. Yeah, sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover star at age eighty one looking great.
Speaker 3: The hair, really, I'm saying, I'm saying the hair, Martha, Yes, you're looking naughty with that hair.
Speaker 2: It's wind swept.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're trying to do, but it's definitely like they're making Yeah, this is It's very interesting. I'm like, man, could you imagine if they had Joe Biden do something like this, right, it's messy and you compare the age. Oh but like with his old weird hair plugs, that shit would look terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine Look with Joe Biden's spider web hair.
Speaker 1: Like chunks are missing. Yeah. Yeah, but the next Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model or just Sportsman of the Year. Maybe this does seem to be a thing like as the population gets older, and also the older population continues to hoard their wealth from younger generations, marketers are going to be taking note. And like, there's also an announcement that the first senior citizen bachelor is in the works, So I'm coming, Yeah, long time. I guess that that was the thing that people were talking about.
Speaker 2: Long time coming is the sub subtitle of that's good good.
Speaker 3: Anyway back to you, I got my Marketer hat on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what can I do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean with the Bachelor, that's always been something that you want to see because these are people who, like you feel like, are horny and want to be with each other and not necessarily know about the clout from social media. So it feels like I'm a bit of a pure affair in that sense. But yeah, man, Martha who doing doing big things on that on that cover.
Speaker 2: I wonder what Snoop has had to say about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure there will be a viral video where Snoop interviews Martha Stewart about the swimsuit. All right. Ron Desantish, speaking of the elderly Florida Governor Ron de Santis, yeah, said on Tuesday he will send state law enforcement officers to the southern border in Texas. Hasn't he done this before?
Speaker 3: He said he was going to do stuff like that, and people are like, you're the fucking governor of Florida, and he's like, yeah, but I'm running for president, so I got to put on my xenophobe pants and brits and really get to crack in here. But yeah, they're saying they're gonna send hundreds of state troopers, police and National Guard Guard soldiers plus boats, planes, basically to reinforce the xenophobia of the you know that the migrants at the southern border to.
Speaker 2: Keep that thing going up as title forty two is said to expire. So yeah, he's he's he's going all in.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is not even like the one run to saying there's another one about how like they're investigating like a teacher for showing kids a Disney film.
Speaker 2: And now they're like, oh, what.
Speaker 3: Do we say about It's it's a lot over there, Like you couldn't we could do a whole you can do a show about tracking Ron.
Speaker 2: DeSantis's fuckery like on a daily basis. Now as the as.
Speaker 1: He gets more desperate and like continues to have zero traction, and people are like, yeah, no, he's not a serious option. I'm sorry. We talked about that from day one, Like he he is Mike Pence light. He's like a thing that the media fell in love with and that donors fell in love with. And then the second there's all these instances where he would meet with donors and then they would like as they were leaving the building that the meeting was in, announced their full support for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's it's changing a lot. Yeah, it is, just he does he doesn't work. I mean, his one good thing was being antagonizing you know, liberals in the culture wars.
Speaker 2: That's really his superpower.
Speaker 3: And but at the end of the day, like I mean, especially when you saw him completely like fumble with questions even about his own history of being like a jag at Guantanamo Bay, You're like, oh man, you're not You ain't ready for prime time because you got to be able to like look a journalist in the eye even though you did war crimes and be like.
Speaker 2: Oh did I I don't know, but that's an interesting notion. Thank you for bringing that up. He was like, where did you hear? That's a liar? You think he remembers me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy who told him, who promised him the torture would stop, he would remember me.
Speaker 1: He that was tortured for years in no but yeah whatever. Yeah, And then it's a you know, as he continues to be like less and less relevant in the presidential race, then his ability to trigger libs becomes less and less, and so it's a.
Speaker 2: It's he's in a.
Speaker 3: Tough spiral promise too. Yeah, I mean, hit a way out of this one for him, Hey, do border crisis, see if that one does anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he'll try increasing because it doesn't seem like like that this what By this point, he should have come to the conclusion that he doesn't have a chance and like announced No I wasn't. It was never I'm happy with my job as Florida governor and just set it out it's actually better than president actually so, but he hasn't done that. So I think we will be seeing increasingly desperate swipes at relevance and at lib triggering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't have like this kind of sense of like that narcissism that makes you impervious to people making objective observations about you, right, I mean, like I can already see if people like if he does a debate and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, let's talk about his boots.
Speaker 3: Why he's always wearing such a thick heel, he's gonna fucking lose it, And the next one he's like, I'd actually like to speak about some of the smears that are going around about my boot choices.
Speaker 1: It's a normal sized heel.
Speaker 3: Find a new angle, find a new angle, and then Trump will call him puss in boots. You could it already rights itself.
Speaker 1: Man, Trump is actually gonna use that puts booty.
Speaker 2: Where's Antonio Bendera's meet?
Speaker 1: Run?
Speaker 3: Oh, putting fingers run. We heard about you eat the putting cup with your fingers.
Speaker 1: Like I saw his response to it where he's like, I don't even eat putting man. Too much sugar.
Speaker 2: Someone said that on on like a plane.
Speaker 3: They caught him like he would eat like snack packs, but use his fingers.
Speaker 1: Damn man, why even you just squeeze it into your mouth like like like an adult.
Speaker 3: Like you got to have adult old mouth, not big enough to fucking house that thing in one go. Come on, you ain't our president, motherfucker, get out of here.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And reportedly miles LA dispensaries are openly selling magic mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Oh allegedly, allegedly allegedly to the La Times. Yeah, I mean it's because like you know right now, like you know parts of the like up in the Bay Area, you know.
Speaker 2: They did the right thing. And they've decriminalized it.
Speaker 3: And now like with like you know, veterans, group psychologists, like many people are like yeah, man, psychedelics, Like yeah, they they work, so maybe think about making them a little more accessible. Like and I think this, you know, the state legislature is like, you know, weighing in on a bill to decriminalize them. Like they're just people just going fucking sloppy with it now, like they're like, hey man, we got shrooms too, Like you can get a fucking eighth of Announce for thirty books spot Gus for fifty. And also I have noticed too people who are on the black market end of psilocybin sales.
Speaker 2: They're now like branding their shit like they they're.
Speaker 3: Like you can tell that these people who were like had cottage industry like you know, mushroom sort of businesses, they're they're like anticipating the you know, like just like how cannabis like and all the branding became fucking just like paramount to the marketing. You're starting to see psilocybin people like people who I'm like meet up with on signal They're like, yeah, I got this these new graphics, like we got a whole new marketing package.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck on.
Speaker 1: The actual capsules, they're just like on the in the boxes they got they got new.
Speaker 3: They have like a line of products too.
Speaker 1: They're like, if you don't like.
Speaker 3: The normal chocolates, we got the little mini bites and if you don't like that, we have them impressed capsules now.
Speaker 2: And you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: This is used to be these little chocolates that you made.
Speaker 3: So yeah, people are definitely I think they see what's coming and they're they're getting in line. But yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean hopefully you know this is this can extend across the land because just hearing from people again psychologists, like all these researchers, veterans groups, so many people are like extolling the virtues of like like IBB a game, or like d MT and psilocybin for wellness.
Speaker 2: But hey, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm sure you know, we have to wait for like Procter and Gamble to like, okay it like we've tried.
Speaker 2: There's no way we can make something that's this good.
Speaker 1: So I guess just given fine, you can have mushrooms. Fine, stil Brand mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Than em psilocybin and m d M a mix together.
Speaker 1: People are switching religions. Apparently religion switches trending. Yeah, is this a new gaming console? Jack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Come on, I knew it wasn't switch God is over here, but yeah, it's it isn't the newest offering from Nintendo, but it's an article like it's trending because a survey came out about how Americans aren't really fucking with.
Speaker 2: God these days.
Speaker 3: This from Axios is more Americans are also turning away from Christianity and are seeing themselves as unaffiliated with any religion or as religious quote nunsnes, even as some conservative Republicans seek to inject more religion into schools in public life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know they don't know how to read the room, they don't know how to read, so that's what they're trying to.
Speaker 3: Do, right, But yeah, this like the non partisan Public Religion Research Institute. They surveyed people across the country found a quarter of Americans say they've changed religious traditions or denominations over their lifetime or recently, and like the reasons are things like the biggest reason being stopped believing in their religions teachings. Fifty six percent people said negative religious teachings about treatment of LGBTQ plus people. Other people said family was never that religious growing up. Yeah, that part. Scandals involving leaders in former religion turned them off.
Speaker 1: Not sure what they're talking about, and they.
Speaker 3: Must be talking about Zoroastrians and a traumatic personal event or church or congregation became too political.
Speaker 1: Are people like moving away away from believing in God or moving away from organized religion and being just like I believe in something but not a Christian God or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more like people are just kind of like pumping the breaks. Oh Like that's like the main takeaway from this is like people are not becoming more religious, like, and if they are, it's they're they're switching.
Speaker 2: Their belief systems a little bit.
Speaker 3: That are probably like I mean, yeah, like Christ is cool, but like not the like damnation shit.
Speaker 2: So I'm not taking that part.
Speaker 3: But again, it says the Catholic Church had lost the highest percentage of followers thirty nine percent, and then Evangelicals lost the second most, which is wild.
Speaker 1: To see it.
Speaker 3: They are spending so much fucking money trying to like stop the bleeding and being like, oh, y'all don't like religion, Oh you think it's too fucking regressive and restrict You not see our Jesus's Super Bowl commercial?
Speaker 2: Come on, yeaholks, did you not see? We are not sees now, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just like, the answer isn't like less access to healthcare or treating LGBTQ people as like second class citizens like you.
Speaker 2: Know, you do better, evangelicals. Here you go.
Speaker 3: Marketing tip for me, fucking try and be more inclusive. You might get more people involved. But again, this is just the last stop of white grievance politics. So you know what, a just fucking burn up into re entry into the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: This has been another edition of Miles's marketing tips. Yeah, Miles, I want to get your marketing brain on this one.
Speaker 3: I was just actually talking to Bob Pittman on Mathemagic about this.
Speaker 2: Man, I've got a lot of ideas. What do you got? What do you got?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Costco has a cake business that they refuse to put online. You can't call them. They have a box. You have to write your order on a piece of paper, drop it in the box, and the cake will appear in physical space like the internet. For this, you put it in the box, well, then the cake will be there right right right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is genius. I think this is great marketing. It's perfect.
Speaker 3: It gets people talking, reminds you of the olden days when you used to use a pen and paper, right, rather than just matching an app. I love that people are incensed by this.
Speaker 1: I know, like, let me say, your manager, it's about what your cake ordering process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry. Did you have trouble doing it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I just don't like writing yes should be on an app.
Speaker 1: I check in with people needlessly on things that they're taking care of.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, just so what man?
Speaker 3: It probably helps everyone in the baking department that, like with online orders, you'd probably get inundated with shit because it's so easy, and they're probably like, man, our business don't rely on these, like, look, we sell the fucker rotisserie chickens, man, that's where we get our nut, not the fucking cakes. And all people love the good Costco Shee cake, excluding myself, but they're probably like, yeah, we don't need to blow out the fucking bakery by letting people put in tens of thousands of cake orders, like if you give a fuck, come by and show us you really give a fuck by writing it on paper and putting it in the box.
Speaker 1: Luthy Huber pointed out in a tweet, ordered a cake from Costco and their system is from the eighteen hundreds. You write what you want on a piece of paper, put it in a box, and then nobody follows up, and you just show up and hope they made it. And people are like, yeah, yeah, that's basically including Costco. People are like, yeah, your cake will be there, and then sure enough enough cake arrived as ordered.
Speaker 3: Lucy, I know that for many years people have just been able to trust off of what has been said to like a vendor or something like pre Internet, it was the same shit.
Speaker 2: People got their cakes, you know.
Speaker 3: But we need that confirmation email to fucking hit so you know everything's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: What is my human interaction going to be for the day if I can't call somebody and just insinuate that I don't think they're going to provide I had the cake that I asked repeatedly. Anyways, Yeah, I love this marketing so this one gets the Miles Gray B plus A minus for marketing. This is an A.
Speaker 3: Plus plus wow, because it's working on so many levels. It's nostalgia, which is huge right now, and everyone's nostalgic for the eighteen hundreds. I mean with like child labor, you know, xenophobia, racism, the clan, you know.
Speaker 1: People are loving it, polytheism you know. Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Fit dissuades someone from buying a Costco sheet cake at a party I'm at then, Also that's also good too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Go Lakers. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself. Yep, get the vaccine. Don't do nothing about white premisey oh. We'll talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Factor actual conference