Speaker 1: Thanks to all of you for being with us.
Speaker 2: Write down our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. It is eight hundred and ninety four one Sean. If you'd like to join us, don't forget you have a chance to win a brand new tesla right here on the Sean Hannity Show. Every day you, our beloved listeners, will have the chance to enter the keyword of the day on our show. You just listen every day. I'll give it out multiple times a day. You go to Hannity dot com. We have a contest page. It will take you to the entrance page and you can enter once a day every day throughout the contest, which ends the eleventh of April, and then you get if you win, you get to pick the tesla of your choice. Today's word of the day is freedom is Go to Hannity dot com. It'll take you to the entrance page. You put in an email or some way to contact you, and from there you put in the word of the day.
Speaker 1: Freedom. That is today's word.
Speaker 2: We are waiting one hour from right now, the President will announce that he is abolishing the Department of Education. This department has been around and was founded in nineteen seventy nine. We have spent a whopping three trillion American taxpayer dollars on that agency since it was founded. Education scores have only gone down dramatically since then. And I want you to understand something. I come at education from the vantage point of somebody that believes in God, and that believes every man, woman and child on this earth.
Speaker 1: Was created by God.
Speaker 2: And if you look at the root word education from the Latin, it's doukadae who bring forth from within the little that I remember when I took Latin in school, and it means that's predicated on a belief that every child has inherently within them talent and ability, and it's our job, as loving parents or aunts or uncles or neighbors or friends or whatever, who helped them become their best self and to find that for which they were born and created and whatever talents God gave them, which I believe is individualized, just like everybody has their own fingerprint. This has been an ongoing problem. It was early in the Reagan administration they did a nationwide study. It was called a Nation at Risk. It was about the educational system in America and What they determined was what has happened to America's educational system? Were it done by an outside entity or force, in other words, another country, would be tantamount to an act of war. I will never forget what it said about that they have failed our children spectacularly. And you have this un holy alliance which is now about to be broken, which needs to be broken between Democrats, the Democratic Party that is screaming bloody murder today. You know we've got to protect our kids. Well, I'm going to give you the statistics. What are we protecting them from? A failed system? A system that is failing on the on the most spectacular level. And I'm going to ask all of you maybe to do something you know and join me in an experiment and maybe just try to think differently. Is there a better way to educate our kids? And I'll give you one quick example that I think is quite relevant for example, and I'll pick New York. And I have a lot of other examples that I'll share with you throughout the course of the program. Today, the New York Teachers' Union pumped school spending to the highest level in the country. They pay thirty six thousand dollars per child annually on education, yet when you look at the school they are atrocious. And by the way, the thirty six hundred and ninety three dollars per student is a twenty one percent increase from the twenty twenty one school year. According to the latest numbers, spending on education you know, has gone up of whopping eighty nine billion in New York City school districts this academic year, even as enrollment and test scores continue to plummet. According to analysis after analysis of the eighty nine billion and overall spending, thirty nine comes from the state budget. The rest comes from the federal government. New York spends more than other states on mostly everything from teachers' salaries, benefits, pensions, school construction, services for immigrants and non English speakers. I'll interpret that illegal immigrants and their children, and of course are trying to even electrify school buses, which should not be a part of anything. If you look back, the amount of money spent during the Biden years has been unbelievably high in terms of DEI programs, over one hundred million dollars in the last year alone. That is a massive amount of money. So what are we getting for this money new York's. New York's fourth grade students get more money per student per capita than any other city on the face of this earth. And they rank thirty two and forty six, thirty second in reading and forty six in math. You know, taken in twenty twenty two eighth graders twenty second in math, and again they have more money than any other school district. How do you fail that spectacularly? It has to be asked. Now, let's do a comparison, shall we, because you might ask, well, does higher spending equal better education outcome?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: New York is the top spender K through twelve for the last two decades, and it remains, you know, near the lowest level in terms of educational benchmarks. Let's compare a state like Idaho, and they have consistently been the lowest spender in the category of educating their children in Idaho, but over the last twenty years, Idaho has outperformed New York in fourth grade math, eighth grade math, and eighth grade reading. Idaho averages just over one third of what New York spends year over year. And while the political narrative is more funding if you put in through the K through twelve system is you're going to have more money, better scores. Well, the data actually shows a very different result. Each state has different funding models, different itemized budgets, and unique challenges. And the overwhelming conclusion is is that there's no positive correlation between spending per pupil and average test scores. If you look at spending per pupil in public schools that averaged nationwide fifteen thousand, six hundred and thirty three dollars. That's up eight point nine percent since fiscal year twenty twenty two. It's not a lack of money. Now, the states with the highest pupil spending New York, you know which has the state is just just shy at thirty thousand dollars, twenty nine eight to seventy three, d C twenty seven four to twenty five, New Joysey twenty five thousand, ninety nine dollars, Vermont twenty four thousand, six hundred and eight, Connecticut twenty four thousand, four hundred and fifty three. New York ranked lower than thirty eight jurisdictions, states and districts in fourth grade math scores and underneath twelve higher performing jurisdictions in eighth grade scores, and if for reading, eight jurisdictions ranked higher in fourth grade assessments and three jurisdictions ranked significantly higher in the eight grade, and the DC in that area it fared even worse. So I'm going to ask you to join me in a little experiment here. Let's say the federal government were to give twenty twenty five thousand dollars per student their share of the educational moneies to each individual child, give it to the parent, or give it to the school district. Let's just say for let's use that as an example. So let's say total state federal dollars are thirty thousand dollars per student. And let's say that parents then had to say in the school districts then had the option of providing choices to families as to how that money spent. And let's say that there are five families, and five families decide to pool their money, and they have thirty thousand dollars each. And these five families, all right, so thirty dollars, what's what's well, why don't we.
Speaker 1: Make it ten families? All right?
Speaker 2: Make it simple. That's three hundred thousand dollars. That ten that that ten children will have allocated to them for education. That's three hundred thousand dollars. Now, let's say we use all of that money to pay two teachers, and let's say you give them myself. So you have one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to spend on each teacher. Right, and each teacher then is assigned five children, and that teacher gets a six figure salary. You can provide benefits like health insurance, You can provide retirement plans for them, so maybe they get a base salary of one hundred and ten hundred and twenty thousand. The rest of the money is spent on benefit programs, and then five children will then be assigned one teacher. And then and you put standards associated with it and also benchmarks that must be met that a certain bare minimum standard has got to be reached for the for the teachers to be able to continue in their job, and for these kids to have this opportunity or else somehow, there's there's got to be some accountability, whatever that accountability is. Now, ask yourself, use your basic simple common sense. If if five, if you have one teacher for every five kids, and the teachers chosen by five parents. What teacher do you think these parents are going to choose. They're going to find the best teacher that would be capable of teaching these kids the bare necessities, because without education, the rungs of the latter to life's success are ripped out from underneath them. You will not succeed if you don't have these basic fundamental skills, and you don't have those skills that are necessary to take you to the next level in life, you will be shut out and all that God given potential will be wasted. And it's been wasted now for decades and decades and decades. We have failed these kids spectacularly. We have not tapped into the talent, the gifts that they were born with. Now, in a small group setting like that, what will those teachers? What will parents demand that those teachers be insisting that their kids are learning maybe reading, writing, math, history, science, computers. I doubt there's going to be a lot of talk about being woke or transgenderism. Maybe the thing they can add is the golden rule. You know, maybe in that environment you'd be able to say, love God with all your he arn't mind, body, and soul, and treat others the way you want to be treated and treat your neighbor as yourself. Now when you apply your common sense and that model, which would be very doable by eliminating the Department of Education and getting rid of this unholy alliance between Democrats and teachers unions, because the teachers' unions contribute all this money to the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates so they can get elected. What will the parents decide and what kids have been disproportionately negatively impacted by the failures of our educational system. Well, I've got the statistics right here in front of me. They're predominantly minority areas in our country. If you look at New York City, if you look at DC, if you look at Detroit, I've got numbers on Detroit. If you look get areas in Los Angeles, if you look at areas in San Francisco, if you look at areas in Atlanta, disproportionately minority students have been failed at a much higher rate than other children. We are hurting our minority community. And the question always comes up every election season. Well, demographically, we look at you know, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, women in the workplace African American youth. This is where the Democratic Party has failed. They go in every two and four years asking for votes, and they've gotten them in these blue cities town states for decades, and they've got nothing in return. There's no law, there's no order, there's no safety, there's no security, and there's no education for their children.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to continue.
Speaker 2: So the President will make this announcement which is transformational, and it will be the biggest opportunity we have to save our children and give them the gift that they deserve, the proper education to prepare them for life. How can anyone make the argument that education in America is succeeding. How do we spend more per capita per child than any other country, industrialized country on Earth and have some of the worst results. How is it that states to spend far less on education do so much better than states that spend You know, all these states that spend so much on it, they fail, and then states that spend so little do so well. I mean, I don't care if you're talking about Chicago, San Francisco, La, New York, d C.
Speaker 1: New Jersey.
Speaker 2: They spend all this money and then you actually break it down, and you find that other states like Utah, which spends significantly less and fifty two dollars, Idaho nine six hundred and seventy, Arizona ten thousand, three hundred and fifteen, Oklahoma, Mississippi, et cetera. And fourth grade students, for example, in Utah scored much higher on average than those in New York, which spends the most. They spend a third of what they're spending in New York, less than a third, and they're doing better. Idaho second low is spending behind nine other states and districts that perform significantly better on fourth grade. That's it only massive. I mean all the school districts that spend money fail. I'll explain next. I'm twenty five now until the top of the hour. Toll free are numbers eight hundred and ninety four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. We love our new sponsor, rapid Radios dot Com. They are walkie talkies. They are not a toy, very sophisticated. They are ruggedly built. They also have the ease of today's technology. They work on a nationwide LTE network with no contract to ever sign no subscription fee that you will ever pay. You can I'm in Florida, I can talk to somebody in New York or Pennsylvania, or California or Idaho where they have better schools than New York. With a touch of a button, you can stay in touch with your kids. And then, and unlike a phone, they don't have access to the internet, you can stay in touch with an aging relative Grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, whoever it happens to be your aunt, your uncle.
Speaker 1: It's one touch connection. You just push a button.
Speaker 2: Rapid Radio is just a great communication device also for your employees. And the good news is you know it runs on a small charge. It's it's so easy to use, it's unbelievable. Actually, Now, for a limited time, go to rapid radios dot com. You'll get sixty percent off, you'll get ups shipping, you'll get a free protection bag. Now, if you add the promo code Radio, you'll get an extra five percent off. You'll go to rapid radios dot com you'll get sick sixty five percent off two day, eight hundred ninety four one. Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program, let me before I go any further. And I'm going to give you the numbers in the statistics. We have failed our kids spectacularly when it comes to the issue of education. We've just failed them. And these numbers are staggering. And there was a number of years ago in New Jersey a guy by the name he was a real life person named Joe Clark. I had interviewed Joe Clark. I love Joe Clark. He was amazing, actually, And he showed up. It was called east Side High and his job was to educate these kids and inspire these kids and get rid of those people that were interfering in the educational process. And he walked around with a bullhorn and a bat in the school and I mean and he just raised Holy hell. And he took a lot of heat for it, and he got the job done. He was able to get the kids. He believed in the children, and he got their scores up. They did a movie about his life and one of the best roles. I think Morgan Freeman's one of the best actors. Forget his politics. He's one of the best actors by far. Amazing actor with incredible versatility. If there's a movie with Morgan Freeman in it, I've seen it, and I'm gonna watch it usually again, but this became a classic.
Speaker 1: It was lean on me.
Speaker 2: And he assembles the students in one scene an hour before they are about to take a state mandated test, and it was critical that they get a passing grade, something they'd not achieved in a long time. When they took their first practice test, it was a disaster. So one hour before the test, he gets all the kids in the auditorium and this is the speech he gave.
Speaker 3: All right, people, here we are. This is the day.
Speaker 1: In one hour, you are going.
Speaker 3: To take an exam administered by the States to test your basic skills and the quality of education at East Side High. And I want to tell you what the people out there are saying about you and what they think about your chances. They say you are inferior. You are just a bunch of the poor white trash. Education is wasted on you. You cannot learn, You're lost. I mean all of you. I want all the white students to stand up. All my white students stand up, right now, stand up. Come on, all my white students, sign up, sign up. I said tomorrow, stand up. These are my white children, and they're the same as all of you. They've got no place to go. If they had, they would have abandoned us a long time ago like everybody else did.
Speaker 1: But they couldn't.
Speaker 3: So here they are at east Side High, just like the rest of us. You can sit down. Are you getting my point? People? Is the beginning to.
Speaker 2: Sink inn.
Speaker 3: We sink, we swim, we rise, we fall, we meet our saint together. Now it took the help of a good, good friend. Make me know and understand that. And I do understand it, and I'm grateful.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be grateful.
Speaker 3: And now I've got a message for those people out there who've abandoned you and written you off. Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Good? You are not in syrial. Your grades may be, your school may have been, but you can turn that around and make liars out of those dudes. And exactly what hour test and pass it? And we Well, here's what I want you to do when you find your minds wondering. I want you to knuckle back down and concentrate, concentrate, remember what's at stake, and show them what he said. High it is all about. I'll spend it, will not die.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you haven't watched it, it's worth it. Then I'll pull it upon Apple TV and going back and watching it, and I go back to New York thirty six thousand dollars per student, twenty one percent increase since the twenty twenty one school year, and they have fewer students by about fifteen to eighteen percent. They have a thirty five percent truancy rate. And then you look at the results fourth grade thirty second and forty six thirty second and reading forty six, the math eighth grade to twenty second in math. Gee, they got a little better, big deal more per capita per student than any other city in the entire country. And they've been the top spender for two decades. You can't institutionalize failure like this and all the states to spend all this money because there's no positive correlation between spending and pupil and average scores by the states. New York, d C, New Jersey, Vermont, Connecticut the highest spenders anywhere between, you know, thirty thousand plus to twenty five thousand dollars. And you look at the lowest spending states Utah nine five hundred and fifty two dollars per pupil Idaho nine thousand, six hundred and seventy, Arizona ten thousand, three hundred and fifteen, Oklahoma ten thousand, eight hundred and ninety, Mississippi ten thousand, nine hundred and eighty four. The kids in Utah, the lowest spending of any any state in the country, scored much higher on average than those in New York and only you know, I think DC and Massachusetts and had I'm sorry, only I can't read this anyway. Massachusetts had higher you know, test scores eighth grade math. Only one jurisdiction ranked significantly higher than Utah, the low the lowest spend and Idaho does significantly better with with one third of the money one third. Los Angeles fifty four to four percent of their expenses spend on teacher salaries, employee benefits to a majority of the money spent is not going to students. We learned under the Biden years, the Biden Education Department spend over one hundred million dollars on DEI, anti racist social workers for K twelve schools. This is madness. We are failing these kids spectacularly. According to the US Census Bureau, LA unified spent twenty two thousand per student.
Speaker 1: And they're not doing well either.
Speaker 2: You know, forty seven percent of students that's it that met or exceeded the grade level on English standards, and matho was only thirty four percent. This is institutional failure. They spend nearly twenty four thousand student in San Francisco forty six only forty six percent past their grade math level. In Atlanta, they spend nearly twenty three thousand per student per year. Only thirty six percent of students read at the third grade level. Only thirty just over thirty percent of students are proficient in math. Want to talk about a disaster, Let's go to Detroit, Michigan. They spend twenty one thousand, seven hundred and seventy one dollars per student a year. Sixteen percent of those students in the Detroit Public Schools Community District tested proficient in English language arts. In twenty twenty four. Ten point five percent of students were proficient tested in math ten percent. What are we getting for our money? Let three parents pull the money, hire a private tutor, five parents hire a private teacher. In Baltimore, sixty five percent of public schools earn the lowest possible scores on Maryland's report cards sixty five percent. You have those thirteen public schools we've discussed for many times, not a single kid proficient in math or reading, not one. You know, if you look at you know the data they found. Sixty five percent of Baltimore City's one hundred and forty eight rated schools earned one or two stars, the lowest possible ratings. Every year, thirteen hundred public schools in the state of Maryland are rated based on performance. Each school receives a star. Baltimore City as by far the highest percentage of one or two star schools in the state, and more than double the next highest district in the region, Baltimore County, of twenty seven point six percent. You can't fail this badly if you look at Illinois Chicago. Spending nearly doubles and the scores they didn't go up, they dropped. Has scores academic performance continue to drop Since twenty twelve, Spending has gone up of wopping ninety seven percent. Reading proficiency went down sixty three percent. Math proficiency spent seventy eight percent. They doubled the money and they've gone down sixty three and seventy eight percent respectively. You know, three quarters of these students can't read a grade level, even fewer can do math a grade level. And what is the Chicago Teachers' union leadership? What do they want? A new contract with a list of costly demands that have nothing to do with improving academic performance of students and everything to do with politics. That's the holy alliance between teachers' unions and the Democratic Party. Democrats screaming, bloody murders, save our kids, Save our kids from what We're saving our kids by saving this system from institutional failure. That's why I'm asking people think out of the box, approach something differently. When you're failing at this level, you have got to make adjustments. You have got to do a course correction. This has been needed now almost since the beginning Department of Education bounded in nineteen seventy nine. Reagan has during his term of Landmarks Study and Nation at Risk. What has happened to the educational system in America were done by an outside entity or force would be tantamount to an act of war. Wow, that's how bad this is. New Jersey's educational system is garbage to per pupil spending has steadily increased per student now nearly now over twenty six thousand per year. Their performance eh minimal gains next to nothing. You know, the National Assessment fourth and eighth graders, at least a third of America's students failed to demonstrate basic reading skills expected for their age group. Only sixty seven percent of eighth graders are able to meet or exceed basic skills. On the twenty twenty four test, only sixty percent of fourth graders were able to meet basic skills levels. And let me tell you about those tests. They are not the end.
Speaker 1: All be all. I mean, this is the bare minimum. I mean.
Speaker 2: We spend three trillion dollars since the founding of the Department of Education, and education scores have only gone down. We spend more money than any industrialized country in the world with the worst results. Why did Joe Biden's Department of Education spend one hundred million dollars on grants to schools meant to train K through twelve social workers on critical race theory, social justice, diversity, equity inclusion. When these kids can't read, write, do math, science, history or whatever history they're learning, or learn computers which is a skill they're going to need in their life, not that hard. So the President is going to abolish the Department of Education, and they're going to put standards in place, and there's going to be accountability for the money that is given it, which needs to be done. And they're going to be screaming on the left bloody murder. But the screaming ought to be from parents, especially the parents of children in predominantly minority school districts who have been disproportionately negatively impacted by this institutional failure. And for people that say, oh, you know, they buy into the every year, every two to four years, you hear republic as are racist, as sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamophobic, transphobic, phobic, phobic, phobic, They want dirty air and water and kill grandma and grandpa. No, that's not what they want. We believe in economic we believe in educational excellence. We can turn this around if the kids are given the right education, if the kids are given an opportunity to learn, if we change the paradigm otherwise, you know, what is the definition of insanity? You just do the same thing over and over and over again, and you expect a different result. You're not getting a different result unless you change the system. The President's going to make his announcement expected at four o'clock. We'll cover live here on this show, and we'll see where that's going. We have the other news of the day we'll get to we'll get to your calls as well. Eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn is our number.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: President Trump about to take to the nation and announce his remarks on education and the abolishment of the Department of Education. I do believe that means block ranning money in the States, maybe a school voucher component to it with standards.
Speaker 1: But we'll carry that live straight ahead.