Speaker 1: Your good post rating. Was it to have to sit out you play to bok some movement of opposite going into the season. How did sit up for the hamster? Uh? It too.
Speaker 2: I just took it as another you know, another lesson, another learning learning episode. I will say just uh, you know, just while I was hurting, can.
Speaker 1: You describe your uh past coverage skills? Being able to get an interception one in Vegas? Uh? Man?
Speaker 2: So originally I used to play linebacker. I I'm pretty sure you guys knew that. But shit, uh, other than that, that's that's literally all my dropping skills comes from that playing linebacker.
Speaker 3: I see you have a lot of interceptions as a linebacker.
Speaker 1: I did not that. They just comeing in and right about now, I have.
Speaker 3: Seen a video of you covering up I think he's at Arizona now a receiver at Arizona for fun and practice and you you really wowed everybody. So it it sounds like there there must have been times on the playground or after practice or you got the run a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely, man, I like to have a little fun after practice, you know, uh, just getting out of your you know, comfort zone, being able to just you know, back up and cover play dB just for fun. You know, it's just getting out of your comfort zone is probably what it is.
Speaker 4: Did you spend much time last summer with with Nick during this time of year, just kind of going through the mechanics and in the mindset of a pass rusher and and if you did, or even if you didn't, how much uh of an impact do you feel like not.
Speaker 1: Having him around just to kind of pounce stuff up off of this summer?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: At this time I did.
Speaker 2: I was working with him after practice every now and then when we can, uh, we would get some extra work in. But man, it's just like having an answer to the test and push out. I told you guys this before, But it's just like having answer to the test. And you know, uh, being with Bosa, you know, him being one of the dominant players he is. You know, it's just it's great to have him, you know, right right by de side, just to ask him questions whenever you need help.
Speaker 4: What was it like talking to him about house rush mentality? He just the mechanics of it as well.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. He's pretty cool dude about it. I mean, pretty mellow Yuh. Just how you guys hear him is probably how he talks to us too as well. So man, it's it's uh, it's pretty cool as well, just to know that you know a guy like him that's really out there getting sacks. It's knowing what he's talking about is is actually true and it's gonna work. And you know he's lived at so you know, to put that in your game. You know he could he could do something with that as well.
Speaker 4: And have you used to stay back or with him this year or are.
Speaker 1: You still communicating with him one more time?
Speaker 4: Are you still in touch with him? Do you do you s reach out to him or are you just kind of giving him space?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Every now and again whenever something arises that you know I should hit him up, or you know, I see a funny video send it to him something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's regular stuff, the.
Speaker 3: Defensive linements, group chat and stuff.
Speaker 1: Every now and again. So it's not like he's nah at all. Get U.
Speaker 3: Just canna you go up against Trent and Colton in the one on ones? Just take us into your mindset, you know before that ball staffs give us something.
Speaker 1: What's it like going up? How would you compare going up? Against those guys iron moves that you try iron sharping's iron.
Speaker 2: I just know, you know when I'm lining up that when I'm getting ready to do this rep, we're gonna make each other better. And that's really what it is between you know, all the old linemen and all the d linemen. When we go against each other, everybody's just trying to get better.
Speaker 1: When you've been I thinkuys can see people see on the left side. Is that where you're most comfortable? Is that where the coaches are just putting you there?
Speaker 2: We usually flip flop it doesn't you know, it's not really uh left and right side.
Speaker 1: We just go whatever side we want. Have you been working on different pass rush moves this uh this summer?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess the question is what did your repertoire are like this year versus rookie year.
Speaker 2: I would say I was add, I've added a couple more pass rush moves in there. Really just working on my body, you know, uh, and all that other stuff will come, you know with my D line coach and stuff like that. So really I just been working on my body. But I did add a little bit of a little bit of sauce.
Speaker 3: You your bul rush has improved with the the added strength weight.
Speaker 2: That you have.
Speaker 1: I believe so, But you guys have to watch for yourself.
Speaker 3: Drick, what's the most number of snaps you ever played in a game?
Speaker 4: And have you geared up to play a lot more snaps this year than you did.
Speaker 1: A year ago? Oh? I kind of really don't look at snaps, you know.
Speaker 2: I whenever the coach tells us to go in, we just go in and always stay ready and we'll see
Speaker 1: An You think that's Rick, that's er