Speaker 1: Big Fox Enterton presents the Rick Butchs.
Speaker 2: Wit Speak, Gregg Butchers, Eddie Van Adler and Rick Butches Big Fox.
Speaker 3: America.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: My hometown Oxford, Alabama is ready. Mississippi is ready, Alabama, the community of Weavers is ready. Go Americasssissippi ready. My arm is not in a sling. Mississippi probably should be. Detroit is there again today. Atlanta is ready. The Alabama Big rig chick feed Howlers ready, Pennsylvania ready, South Carolina ready, Texas ready and here here we go.
Speaker 5: Ready.
Speaker 3: I see you Scottsboro, Alabama.
Speaker 6: You're all ready to go.
Speaker 3: Somebody screamed back, I'm.
Speaker 7: Ready for cops.
Speaker 3: You're in Mississippi, gainst in Alabama. The cater checking in Charleston, South Carolina. Hello, so you met you come? The entire army apparently is Let's go get thirty a years ready. What a beautiful place. You got a rough day today? So the gang's all here, speedy, Greg Adler, as you heard, we will recap yesterday. Oh great, he's already started, so we'll we'll go. We'll go through it. It was at times ugly. H Our team was super ugly. Wow, the team we ended up on and on paper it looked pretty good. I will say this. I found out also even though my beautiful, beautiful wife decided to go with her husband, probably there in case, I was putting an ambulance and looks so cute. It had a little jeans on and her babe Ruth Jersey. She could not have been more precious. I have probably one of the most glaring examples today that women don't pay attention to sports even if they're at the game. Yeah, when I tell you what she said to me at the dinner close, at the dinner that followed, you will not believe it. I think it takes it to a whole new level that sometimes a woman can be at a sporting event and not have any idea what's going on. So so we'll we'll talk about that a little bit on the program today. Speedy did end up having to play and help on the PA. Greg still stood tall that he was not putting himself in that situation, which was wise. Adler. What he did for America last night, I don't even know how to describe it. America. You're you were in good hands last night. YEP. I started to step in, but I had the other team's jersey on, and when we got ugly, I thought, well, I can't be no worse than that. Well, let me take a hack at it. Well, you definitely picked the right jersey. Sou and Adler's kids, Ezra and Ruby could not have been cuter and more fun. What that was so cool? See what a blast, What a blast to hang with your kids Adler for a little while, and it was awesome. Sherry said she got to see him too, which was great. I saw them up there with with her a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yes, I didn't scare my kids, so I appreciate that. Yeah, guys, you guys did good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come in.
Speaker 5: He came in hot, but not too hot.
Speaker 3: Well, I told you then, they're older. Now that I got down there, you know, I've I've learned a long time ago, been around a lot of kids. Get down to their level, lower yourself down there, don't stand towering over them. And I got down there and I knew Ruby, Ruby was giving me a lot, but she kind of was like, I'm independent. I got a lot going on. And then I kind of shifted over to As and I wanted to hold him badly, but I just I couldn't. I didn't want to spook him, so I gave him the standard those of you there listening, where you take your hands out and you give him a come on, yeah, do you want to do? You want to come over here and let me hold to turn away? And when he came, how about he picked up a little momentum, came over to me. I got to scoop him up, hold him for a little while. I saw that, and he kind of liked the point of view up there. No offense, sad he probably never been up that high from him. Are you talking about the great bread beano? The bread? But that picture of the bread beano you come in there is at the first or third base line that he's coming down. That's the he's coming down third myself bread, he's a loaf bread eating it. So we'll give you the very detailed recap. We have vox seats that will be full again today, so there will be another Burgess ball battle that will take place. We have lots of stories to cover. Uh. We won't spend the entire show on recapping last night in Birmingham, but it's definitely gonna be a few segments because there was there was a lot going on and and and it was going to that historic field, America's oldest ballpark. Yeah, which you know I've forgotten that. You know, the movie forty two was shot there. We need We talked about that, Ty Cobb was shot there, a lot of different movies.
Speaker 5: And I was telling Greg just being in that locker room because you know, I've been to the rick Wood Field before, but I've never been on the field. I've never been down, you know, in any of the workings that and you just just that's where we picked up our jerseys, and the just being in that locker room just felt like, man, it was all just like some real famous people have stood right here and put on cleats.
Speaker 3: Man, it was crazy. Greg and I were in there after you after the game, you know, basically at our age, using the restroom before you get in your car and drive. Sure, and one last stopped, Greg, let's go hit the year in a one more time before you get back. And we both went into that dressing room, which really not a lot has changed in there, and both of us said, how many incredible stories could this dressing room tell?
Speaker 8: No one thing that was kind of neat is that So you walk into the dressing room and kind of turn left and there's all the lockers and stuff. But to the right the door was closed of the coach's office, but they still had it set up of what it looked.
Speaker 3: Like and and man, it was cool. It was. And to be standing on like you said, Adler, on the actual field with Willie May's son as the coach of our team, Michael Mays, and him telling stories about his dad and him being like on the field running around with you know, the giants. Uh, And his dad actually had him stand in and try to hit against one of their You would know the guy's name. He told me. I can't think of his name now as a famous picture that the Giants had. And he was telling me the story. And you know, because when he started telling the story, you just shut up and said this is gonna be and uh And he said, so, I thought I was kind of something, you know, playing at the level I was as a as a young boy, and I thought I was a big time player. And my dad said, go out there and see if you can get a bat on one against so and so when he was warm up before the game.
Speaker 5: Was it one Maryshaw?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was Maryshaw. Thank you, Adler. Well done, sir and a boy. And he said, I stood in there against Maryshaw and I and he goes, I even got comfortable and thought I can get a bat on this because I'm just that good. And he said, all of a sudden, he lifted that big giant leg so high. He said, I don't, I didn't even see where the ball came from. It's like it shot out of his body. He goes, I don't, I didn't even see his release point. He goes, it came so fast, and I heard the glove with the catcher w like that and he and he goes, and you know, uncontrollably, he said, I kind of wept myself a little bit. Uh And he said, I realized, okay, I'm not ready for this, he said, And so after that he said, you know, I never did turn out anything close to my dad. And he said I would always see a Marishan and said, you ruined my career. He said, you terrified me so bad. I was never the spirit. And so he had some incredible stories and.
Speaker 8: So I'm so glad he took charge of our team.
Speaker 3: Roster. Thing there was confusion and he there was a lot of there was a lot of confusion that the game was a good way. It was kind of we're here for the you know, to help this great organization. They they did a rebranding and tell you a lot about that. I love what they do, and and got to hang out and see some people hadn't seen in a while. But when it came to the actual game, you could tell that it wasn't it wasn't overly organized. Uh and we kind of were making it up as we went. Uh. And and that was okay because it was it was a lot of fun. But but we'll give you some of the highlights and you know some of the you know, we we don't have anything to report from many major injuries. Uh, but but the shoulder did go south. Here we go. It was well, you know, I don't think you can ever you can never simulate swinging the bad as hard as you'll swing it when you really play. I warmed up many times, but it's like you can't you can't let yourself swing as hard as you're going to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh, by the way, this is so random, but you know how you're saying like the Pennsylvania is ready, Scottsboro, Alabama's ready.
Speaker 3: Somebody typed the branch. Davidians are ready? Why would you type?
Speaker 1: He was the Reek Bridges show.
Speaker 9: Sure, we played a little ball Rick Burges.
Speaker 3: All right, So well recap the game coming up a little bit later. Adler's national anthem, we have it, we have it. We will play it back. We'll let we'll let Addler tell us what it was like. Uh you know what kind of ride was that for him? Uh so uh that that's still to come, and then we'll kind of break down the overall evening for you. We got plenty of highlights. You can go on our social media too, if you're following us on social media. Speedy Adler me Greg course won't hardly participate in any of this, but you can you can see uh pictures and videos and and things that were shared and some of the big moments from from the game all there. So because a lot of you are like, well, when you're recapping, we'll certainly tell the stories. If you don't have the YouTube option, you're like, well, i'd love to see some of this. Well you can if you'll just kind of go to the social media, you can see all that there. So we have a lot to cover. They had The NFL Draft is coming up someone from the from the text option, And this was actually discussed last night. This is out of Georgia. Hey, Rick, were you in the softball version of the Bananas? You know that isn't actually an interesting question, because we were talking about it even last night in pregame back during the Rick and Bubby years and again even in the Rick and Bubby years. That's the show went thirty one years. But man, I guess it was probably twenty years ago the last time we played softball. Don't you think we quit playing when all of the we quit playing before we ever hit fifty. I think we were. I think we were in our early forties when we quit. I'm trying bubbing me right. I don't even know. Yeah, but but any sounds right. But I will say this, long before the Savannah Bananas, our softball team, we basically were the softball version of that. And so that actually is fun and and we put on the whole huge crowd. Greg would dance. I mean, it was a it was a whole show, so many things. If you missed those years, uh now we're too old to bring that back and do something like that with the nowadays. And if and if you don't believe that, then you should have just come to the game last night. But the old, the old father time is it's something your mind thinks. You know, hey, well what would happen we don't move, well, what would happen? Like in my mind, I'm moving and then my mind is already over there tagging first. My body is still about three or four feet Yeah. Yeah, but we were one of the things last night I kept doing and I noticed, like you would see an umpire on first who's spinning out had issues with in the past, which that was awkward, but uh we when we were coaches, but the uh, I would say things like what you just saw. I want you to know, I'm sixty. And when I would say that, that almost look like a wow. You know, you almost had to put yourself in that category. Like if you were young, I'd be thinking you look really bad. But for sixty, that wasn't too bad. You know, I found myself doing that sixty right. Uh So you kept telling people yea, yeah, I didn't know how they were the reaction like when I said I was fifty six, Yeah, their reaction I couldn't tell if they will oh, wow, you look great for fifty six. Oh wow, we thought you were older. Yeah, you know, I didn't know which way they were going tell sometimes Yeah yeah, and I and I did. I did bring out I did bring out the white cleats from the Filino high Town did, Yes, I did. And the pinstripe pants. Yes, I was. I was ready. I mean I looked the part. I just couldn't quite get my body to Actually.
Speaker 5: You were moving pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll amazing right down the line. Yeah. Yeah. That was one of my most unfortunate moments because I actually hit a grounder and I was I was freaked out by the fact that I actually had to run.
Speaker 8: Well, but I thought it was smart, and I think a lot of the players because look, let's just be honest, unless you're a couple of the youngsters that your profession is to stay and you know, in shape.
Speaker 3: And there were some hitting instructors there and some.
Speaker 8: You know, some training coaches there that you know they running around because that's what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But if if you're somebody that just doesn't fully sprint one hundred percent every day, you.
Speaker 3: Be hard to find that sprint.
Speaker 8: You better jog and just go you know what, I'm out here having fun. But if I beat it out or I don't, it's just that's all right. I didn't see many people digging.
Speaker 3: No you no, no, no, those smart done away told me straight up, he said, I won't be digging. He said, I'm doing everything I can do to pitch ye speedy. I've never seen you be so cautious about injuries. Yeah, you know, I didn't know why I was playing. Plus it was also smart. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then there was one that there was a in between her that came out to me in centerfield. Uh and I was like, well, I could come up after it, but I'm not really sure I want to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was a good So I just played the hop you'd probably dove for it back in the heyday. Yeah, I know you would have had. And uh so we uh well, we'll cover more of that coming up a little bit later on NFL Draft last night. Yeah. Interesting. Well, I tell you when we bring this up every year, but you look at it now and then look at what it used to look like when they were all just sitting at the tables within big telephones with the card with their team's helmet on it. Yeah, And it was just so stripped down. You know, obviously I wasn't on TV. Right. What they do now is it's unbelievable. It's what a show it really. I enjoyed it. And me and Speed we're talking. They're better on the count. When you're on the clock, they're talking, they're featuring who just got picked and all this, and by the time they get through with that, the pick is in, so you don't have a lot of that waiting around for the pick. Yeah. Yeah, I didn't see any of it last night because after it was over, for me, it was let's get something to eat, baby, and let's get an ice back on the shoulder. Yeah, and then I would get an ice pack on the shoulder. How about this. I want you to know that I was in the bed, in the bed, laying in the bed for the night. Good night at seven thirty five. Well given home long good not heaven thirty five, burgess.
Speaker 1: I hear you.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so some of the big stories I didn't see any of it. But some of the big stories last night I actually forgot it was on. By the way, Shador Sanders did not get picked in the first round. No, there were only two quarterbacks taken, right, cam Ward is the number one overall pick to the Titans.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's the Miami quarterback for those of you who don't know. Yeah, And so that that was your biggies. But Rick, when cam Ward was announced and he is walking to the stage, they said, we want to celebrate cam Ward, but we have breaking news that we have to cover, and it was the jagsack Grounds trading so the jack could pick Travis Hunter. The Jaguars received the second overall pick in this year's draft, the fourth round pick, and the sixth round pick in this year's draft, but the Browns, in the trade giving up Travis in that second round pick, received the fifth overall pick in this draft, the second and fourth round picks, and twenty twenty six first round pick from the Jags.
Speaker 3: So they got a lot in return.
Speaker 8: But the Jaguars were like, well, we're getting two players in Travis. He played both sides of the ball. So that was big news last night.
Speaker 3: If you we are a Jaguars fan, I think you just want to see that from your team. Can we please be aggressive and try to win? And I think you saw them saying we're trying to get better, We're getting aggressive, and so the Jags actually, as you all said, ended up getting the number two pick, and they pick up Travis Hunter. Yeah exactly, and.
Speaker 8: Then Abdul Carter, the Penn State defensive end phenom. The Giants picked him third overall. Yeah, man, Will Campbell, the the l s U tackle. He got picked by the Patriots fourth overall.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Speedy, Oh no, I found Shador Sanders because he had a big party.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Speedy, he did not.
Speaker 5: He had a big.
Speaker 3: Party and there were a lot of people with the huge give speed.
Speaker 5: Let's make Speedy watch it after he even get selected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Meedy, watch, I'm not watching you are We're all gonna watch it with that john and necklace over the dollar sign. No, we're all watching him, No we are.
Speaker 5: He Oh his first words were, we all didn't expect this speedy.
Speaker 3: Oh I hope they kept showing him to every time he wouldn't be pig.
Speaker 1: Oh Josh, this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, So things are looking pretty good and conservative world. You know, we were all like where we are right now, but look, you gotta know, just because it looks like conservatives are winning right now and gaining a little ground, understand, the fight's not over now, it's not even close to being over. That's why Blaze TV exists. I mean, this world is full of all kinds of noise and false narratives, and you need a stronghold for bold voices, freethinkers, fearless commentary that helps us make sense of all this chaos. It Blaze TV. We've built a home for some of the strongest, smartest voices in conservative media, people who tell it like it is from the real world, ask the tough questions that the mainstream is not going to touch, and aren't afraid to challenge the narrative. When you subscribe to Blaze TV, you're not just watching content. You're supporting a movement. You're backing creators who think for themselves, speak boldly, review refuse to be silenced by big tech or even the corporate media. Now you're supporting investigative journalism that's been gone, isn't it, But you get it with Blaze TV. You get original documentaries, things that are exposing corruption, shining light into the deep state. And you can do this starting at eight dollars a month, the price of a fancy cup of coffee when you use the promo code Rick at checkout. That's only twenty six cents a day to stand with a platform that stands with you. If you're already winning and you you love that, Let's remember the fight needs to continue. Shop your values, make sure we don't lose ground. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick today and subscribe. That's BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. You'll save twenty bucks right now off an annual plan. Blaze TV Unfiltered, unafraid, own demand.
Speaker 1: Looted with caffeine, and ready for another hour. This is the Wick Briches Show.
Speaker 3: You know we're ready to go there. So we're gonna run down a couple of deals and that that is from the draft last night. We'll still keep updating you on last night's celebrity softball game and all that was around that, including still to come Atler's National Anthem Box seats a little bit later on UH and you can be prepared for another Burgess ball battle and meeting them and finding out who they are. Also Tonight, Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, again the home of one O four seven w z z K. Speedy's adventures continue. He'll be with the Birmingham Stallions. Tonight and just found out NASCAR's roan Ryan Blaney. Ryan Laney is going to be Ryan Blair. He going to be there tonight because Salad is this weekend too. So the Stallions tonight at home at Protective Life. If you're going out, you will see Speedy working the Stallion fans into a frenzy. And uh and Ryan Haney.
Speaker 5: Somebody else.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we used to work with Ryan. This is Ryan Blane. This is Ryan Blaney and uh former, I mean he's won the title, yeah three before last. Yeah, you said, you said he's one of your young favorites.
Speaker 10: He is.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 8: He's supposed to be there and Mama Smith is supposed to be there too with NASCAR. He's kind of the the hype guy for NASCAR.
Speaker 11: And they did this.
Speaker 8: They did this last year when it was Talladega weekend because it is for those of you race fans that are in town.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: The Stallions kind of partnered up with Talladega to kind of help promote both events.
Speaker 3: And so that's why Blane's there in him.
Speaker 8: So who's still together? Mamba Smith m A m b a uh and he is. He's kind of like the DJs unofficial hype man for NASCAR. He's a former driver I think, and uh he also was an analyst I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyway, he was really nice last year and he helped me kind of do the the split stadium Birmingham and Stallions.
Speaker 3: So he'll probably do that again.
Speaker 5: Sports racing driver.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, and uh he's he was really cool, so I look forward to seeing him again.
Speaker 3: Remember remember only three Birmingham and three Stadions.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're not going to go more than that. And we've also got the fireworks show at the end of the game too. That was kind of cool, So enjoy that. So here we go host Memphis.
Speaker 3: You stay for that, Okay, yeah, sure, I'll see sticks. You got anything going this weekend? In a rough forty eight for Calvin, it's just getting started. It's just getting started.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Up at six Headed Hunts, the Baby Senior Day. A lot of people, a lot of moving, a lot of moving parts.
Speaker 12: Big day.
Speaker 3: Shader Sanders did not get picked. It was not a big day for him. Now in the first round. Uh so we're gonna walk through wearing a necklace. It looks like, well never everybody war the last night a big big necklaces here's a dude that just wears a big hat. And this is those big hats. Have you ever seen those? What is that? No, they have them, They're out there, you get your team put on them, and they're one of the most ridiculous looking things I think I've ever that is is ridiculous is anything can be. And this has been around for a couple of years. Now, what is funny? You know, like one of those old baseball things we used to get his at the bobblehead things. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Now, I did tune into a college baseball game because I'll do that, and I think it was Assisipi State, I forget who they were hosting, and two kids were sitting on the front row behind the I mean right behind the back stuff, and they had two of those big hats on.
Speaker 3: And that was funny. It was like little tiny kids with big hats on. I tried to work through the flat bill years. Yeah, horrible, but this is baseball, but this is unacceptable. Really, if you're trying to be serious, now you may just be a joke almost like a like a mask got dressed up at the game and yeah, this guy is named I don't know who he is having a serious conversation with that hack.
Speaker 5: He wears it all the time every public appearance. I see him. That's his thing, that's his thing. It's Hilly the kid. I guess he's.
Speaker 8: Standing there with Dion Sanders and they're like having a serious conversation.
Speaker 3: And here's what leading into this. And I'll listen to you're trying to make sure we don't play it, don't you know? What I want to know is.
Speaker 8: Who got it so wrong in their camp? Okay, because the rumor was is that the day before and Greg was even reading it to me, is that there were some anonymous sources saying he didn't do well.
Speaker 3: In some of the interviews. He came off as arrogant and cocky.
Speaker 5: They've ever had a lot of all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: And then the rumor started coming out that hey, a lot of people might be passing on it.
Speaker 3: See, but you don't know what to believe because the people that were saying this state anonymous, they wouldn't tell who they were. So when you going, are they sandbagging because they want to pick him? Right? Yeah, we didn't know.
Speaker 8: And so when it comes to you know, coach coach Prime and and all of them around it and the agents and all that.
Speaker 3: How did they get it so wrong? Well, you know, they a lot of people thought Pittsburgh would go quarterback, and the Saints people thought they were a quarterback. They didn't know. So basically there were only two quarterbacks taken in the first round. In his defense, you know what I'm saying, it like there were four or five taken and he wasn't taken.
Speaker 5: Correct Old Jackson Dart and then Cam.
Speaker 3: How about Dart winning the first round? He wouldn't you know, I know, because you know he was supposed to been there live and then he had dropped out. So that made us all think, huh all right, so here's your door.
Speaker 5: Here's actually uh Deon Sanders. This just to give you guys an idea of this big draft party that Dion Sanders I guess hosted for shador So.
Speaker 3: To hurt Speedy the most.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean all there's there's you got speakers, there's like pipe and drape. You know, they've got the drapery everywhere. Yep, they spent some some jack on this party.
Speaker 3: Here is I got dollar signs on everything. Even the big hat that's.
Speaker 5: Right here is Dion Sanders. And then the guy with a big hat hearing Travis Hunter get drafted, and can you guys tell me if you think they're actually sincerely happy? Is Dni Sanderson crely happier with the sea in the.
Speaker 3: Five even draft Jackson got Jaguars to let I think he's genuinely happy?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, here's what I think you got there. Everybody knew Hunter was going second. Everybody knew it. There was no surprise. Oh man, there was a given that he was going second. Okay. Nice. Somebody from the Text Nation said that Kevin Costner said that nobody came to SR. Sanders birthday party. Ask how many came to his birthday party? Go ahead and ask me. All right, so I love that movie.
Speaker 8: But I think the Travis Hunter when did vmanders thing? According to the Coach Prime Amazon Prime Documentaries series, it seemed like they were pretty have a pretty close relationship.
Speaker 3: And I know Travis went to Jackson State because oh yeah, he's the number one player in the country. I think everybody's okay there. Now, it does take a away from the heartfelt moment to have this ridiculous hat next to him. Yeah, but that and you're a conversation while wearing that. So he has to get up now and say, and is this after he hadn't been picked the look at the screen, don't you look away? Don't you look away? Look at the screen. You take it in. This will help you in the future, Yeah, because you need to. You know, sometimes when your things bother you, you gotta face them. Yeah, okay, all right, face this.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 10: We all didn't expect this, of course, but I feel like with God, anything possible, everything possible. I don't feel like this happened, you know, for no reason. All this is is of course field to the fire, and under no circumstance. We all know this sin to happen. But we we understand. We on the bigger and better things. Tomorrow's the day we're gonna be happy to regardless, doesn't there.
Speaker 3: Legendary? Are you okay? Are you okay?
Speaker 5: Speedy?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm gonna take good enough to go this and shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 5: I mean he should have said that get picked.
Speaker 3: Look, that's why nobody came to his birthday party.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you get drafted and go show everybody there, and go show everybody a little different stance here because it's the only way I can see it to get through it. Uh, he did the best that he could have stormed out there and not talked and thanked everybody for coming. So at least he was mad enough to stand out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Hats are behind him.
Speaker 3: The storm out of the room, and everybody's like, where's your door? Where'd he go? Right, he's in the room, kind of like Cam Newton. Right, So there's that.
Speaker 8: And I think when he said this shouldn't have happened, I think he's going off what everybody was telling it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's another good point. But like we're saying, you don't say it though. I think if there would have been like four quarterbacks taken, like I just said, I think they just wasn't. They're only two you taken. It's legendary his brand or something, because I said it says legendary back there over all the hats that, by the way, speed he didn't get to put on. All right, Well, so let me ask y'all this.
Speaker 5: They had the different teams.
Speaker 10: It did.
Speaker 5: Look at this display even.
Speaker 8: Got Greg all right, so let me ask you a question here. We're going into round two today. The Browns picked first in round two they could use the quarterback. Then the Texans, then they got Deshaun watching. Yeah, then the then the then the Titans. They just they just picked one and then the.
Speaker 3: Texans don't need it because of the Jaguars trade with it. Then the Browns go again, and then the Raiders, then the Patriots, then the Bears, and then the Saints, I think, and then the Bears again. So could he go all the way down to the Saints.
Speaker 1: He could?
Speaker 3: Or the Browns taken with their second you know you said they had two right there? Yeah, back taken with the second one.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the Saints, they drafted uh Kelvin Banks out of Texas, And evidently Kelvin Banks's baby was excited too, because as as soon as he found out, his baby throws up right in his in his mom's arms.
Speaker 3: On TV.
Speaker 8: That Hey, I can tell you why watch watch what she does. She's clapping and the babies leaning on so does she She's shaking.
Speaker 3: The baby and she shook one up.
Speaker 5: Everybody was decided.
Speaker 3: Everybody was excited by the way. Somebody own text Nation and you're right, all right, Sheder just said that God was was doing this for a reason. But then he said this shouldn't have happened. Oh, I mean, really, if you believe your this is all in God's sovereign plan for you, it's happening just like it should. All right.
Speaker 8: So here's my pack on this on that he's saying. And he's saying, look, I didn't think this was gonna happen. It shouldn't have happened, but I'm trusting God that he's got a plan.
Speaker 3: You know, he didn't say it like that. Well, it's a different statement to say I didn't expect this to happen. That's a different statement I'm trying to get. Will you let me process this.
Speaker 11: Right back?
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like you eat lunch at the cool table, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: So we've run down a little bit kind of some teasing for our softball game update. We'll do that a little more in depth as we go forward. We're kind of dealing with the NFL draft. Number one pick cam Ward, number two, Travis Hunter, cam Ward to the Titans, Travis Hunter to the Jaguars, Abdul Carter from Penn State to the Giants, Will Campbell to the Patriots out of l s u uh and then you kind of rolled down from there. So we we we were folcusing that Shador Sanders was overlooked. Greg said, you know, don't think too much about that. On the two quarterbacks were taking teams that they thought would take quarterbacks did not. That didn't help him, and he'll certainly go to someone before we're done, and then he'll have his chance to prove everybody wrong, or you know, the league may be proven to be right in their caution. We'll see, he'll get his chance. So anyway, we also want to have this moment from Clay Matthews. I was most excited because I'm a Packers fan and all the history of lambeau Field. I thought this was going to be cool. Of course, then I went on to forget it was on and then went to bed at like seven thirty, so I didn't see any of it, but I hear Clay Matthews went off script a little bit because they were bringing out Packer players, former Packer players and all that to kind of get working by to a frenzy. And we've covered before and again today, Boy, the NFL Draft has turned into quiet the extravaganza now, but here is that moment when Clay Matthews was introduced and then goes off script.
Speaker 5: Here we go, I closed it out.
Speaker 3: Give me, oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Is this when he was the twenty third overall pick. He was about to announce Matthew golden wide receiver out of Texas that they that the Packers were picking.
Speaker 3: Maybe is that maybe? I don't know, but he's he's on the stage first. I just came out to just get it started. Maybe the Packers. That's gad, it's time. Okay. So this was two bicycles out there because that's some tradition that the players in Green Bay. Dude, during I did not training camp, they ride little kids bicycle. Okay, So this is just to get the night to kick the night Wayne, who, by the way, played in the celebrity softball game last night.
Speaker 5: Weazy, Yes she did.
Speaker 3: She said that he's a big Packers fan. Okkay, So this is just to get the day started. Yeah, this just kicked it out, Roger.
Speaker 5: But I just got off the phone with the President Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: He asked me to pass the message Alonge thirty two NFL franchises. So let me tell you what it reads here.
Speaker 5: All right, He's got a paper.
Speaker 3: It says my fellow Americans. The Bears Still.
Speaker 12: That is so good?
Speaker 3: The Bears Bears. So that was to get the night Bears, Bears, the package Bears, Still Bears the clock to pick. The crowd was booing and going nuts. Course, as usual, did Goodell get bood? Yeah? We we hoped he would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not I'm not glorifying this behavior, but here we go. Lawrence Taylor was asked about, uh, what do you remember about the day that you were drafted? And it just talks about it just shows how much the times have changed. Uh, if you guys want this quick clip of him, he.
Speaker 3: Probably doesn't remember it. What do you what are you about to say?
Speaker 5: Filters not real I mean not real good. But it's it's not I'm He's just talking about how much the times have changed. And I'm not encouraging what he's what he says.
Speaker 3: Okay, take us back to your draft day. What do you remember from the.
Speaker 1: Day that you were don't I don't remember too much.
Speaker 5: I had forty one corps lights, so I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: You remember forty one? Remember forty one?
Speaker 7: But you don't remember what happened?
Speaker 3: What happened? I just so it was exciting time. But it wasn't like this, you know. We uh it was old school and I mean I wasn't in New York or anything.
Speaker 5: I just caught it on TV like everybody else.
Speaker 3: Did you get a phone call?
Speaker 7: Do you have your family around you?
Speaker 3: Did you get a phone call? You had your family around you? I had my drinking buddies with me forty one. I think Lawrence had had at least five before this person. I totally agree with us. Yes, listen, what if Lawrence would have actually took care I mean he was the greatest, he was unbelievable, stopped game changer. What if he actually got in bed on time and took care of himself. Can you imagine? Well a lot of those he was unstoppable anyway, Well a lot of those professional athletes from the old school days when there was no real health discipline. Think about how good they all could have been. Nutrition stuff. Greg, your favorite running back went to the Raiders. I saw that the raiderses. You know again, they did a great job of doing backstories, so it'd killed time and they did the story. His dad was military and he played like in Italy and high school ball, and he said they would have to travel to different countries to play because there's obviously not a lot of football teams there. How about you, reckon, he dominated that league. Talking about Ashton Genty, Yeah, genty from from Boise State, so yeah, his background story was very interesting too. And once again the Raiders pick up, you know, a good running back. But again, am I the only one? And I'm not even a huge Raiders fan, but I liked the franchise. I like their colors. I love their once intimidating no longer back in the day. I would love for them to get back to being intimidating again. And you're just good for the league. But the person nine days head coach, but his personality is not bad. Is Pete Carroll's our coach?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot about that. You know he's a laid back guy. He's not. Then you got that owner and and you know who haircut? Oh Greg Good? Well, like you were saying the other day, we were there, they're wondering what to do going forward because he's now getting older and he has no kids. And you said you weren't surprised by what it was against the law for him to breathe with a haircut. They're not gonna. I think that haircut. He has maybe the greatest form of birth control of the world the world has ever known. There's it's like he's messing with it. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: Uh so you know how you can surround yourself with when you're that powerful, you can surround yourself by like yes, man, I think that's what he did. What y'all what do y'all think of this haircut?
Speaker 3: It was great? Look awesome. David looks great, fantastics like you cut like mo, I mean, but even worse. It's more of a bow than mohad. I love the fact it's like a beanie. I think in here somewhere back to your point, Adler, but the other version of this. So Mark Davis good, I think good every time I see this. Worse than I ever remembered.
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think who ever cuts his hair this is their joke on him.
Speaker 12: Mark.
Speaker 3: No, people this you don't understand what I'm doing with your hair. I told you I saw that the interview, and when they brought it up, he had like that he didn't even know what they were talking about. He's all right, So he looks in the mirror and he doesn't know why people are discussing his hair again. He has no idea.
Speaker 5: The same haircut as Astra.
Speaker 6: What is he doing?
Speaker 5: I just like a little baby boy's haircut.
Speaker 3: Crazy. Look, I'm ugly anyway, and then at least get a better hair. It's something we don't know. It's like he's ugly, and he says, I'm not even gonna try not to be. You know how, sometimes when you're ugly, you can go, well, let me see if I get the mess. Let me get a good hair, the best version of myself. That's where you go down play my ugliness. He says, No, this is coming to the front.
Speaker 13: Good embrace it. I'm gonna be as ugly as I can positive Now, where's the ball. I don't know why you would do that. Probably saved a lot of money on the haircut. No surprise, no kids though.
Speaker 1: Top of the hour, this is the Rick Bridger's Show.
Speaker 3: Well, it is that time of year. Fast growing trees, fast growing trees. They are there to help you. You know, when you're going out and you're doing your planting, you're trying to get trees, you're trying to get flowers. Make sure you got the right ones. I mean, there's nothing worse for you to spend all this money at some local nursery. You're dragging all this back to your house. You got dirt all inside the back of your car, the back of your truck, and then you realize that the shrubs you pick, the trees you picked, the flowers you picked, they don't do well because your climate and where you live and your soil, none of that was taken into account well. With Fast Growing Trees dot Com, they send whatever you select directly to your home. But when you're selecting, they're alive and Thrive Guarantee ensures your plants arrive happy and healthy. And because you are dealing with them, their professionals are available to you giving advice on exactly what you need to select for it to thrive in your climate on your property. So if you'd like to find out more, go to Fast Growing Trees dot Com. Use the code RIC Perfect time to plant, use the code rick right now save fifteen percent off at Fastgrowingtrees dot Com. Use the code RIC and remember they have the best deals for your yard, up to half off selected plants right now and other deals plus that fifteen percent with the code Rick. And that's at fast growing Trees dot Com offered this value for a limited time. Terms and conditions may apply. Well.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Rick Bird Just Show.
Speaker 3: Broadcasting from the rig World.
Speaker 4: With Speedy Greg Adler and Rick Berges.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 5: It's time for the show.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the rig.
Speaker 5: Birdest Show.
Speaker 4: Broadcasting from the Rig Word with Speedy Greg and learn Rick Berges. Buckle up, America. It's time for the show.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go. It is a brand new hour on a brand new day, and as you heard, the gang is all here recapping the story since the last time we were together. If you missed any of the show, grab it on the daily archive, either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. So we do have more to discuss going forward. We will get into more detailed recap of the charity softball game yesterday in Birmingham, Alabama, and we will we'll unpack it.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a nice time together, ugly at times, ugly at times, and we'll talk a little bit about that. I know a lot of you have been waiting to see what happened. We can tell you as you've already heard, just if nothing else coming out of this break. If you're just now joining us. No one was hospitalized, and we look as the goal. We look at that as is kind of a win. So okay, let me hit this interesting email here from hayburd Haybird. This one is a doozy. It comes from Kayla. Hey Burge, Hey Burge. I've been listening to you four for a very long time, all the way back in the Rick and Bubba show days. Really really loved it. I've been devoted to the show and I've been following right along with the new show, and I love it. By the way, It's fresh, fun and the perfect amount of chaos. I will send this thought experiment for you guys to discuss in a segment, and I have deemed it worthy. Okay, I think Kayla she knows this show pretty well. Now pay attention. Okay, everybody with me, because I'll go back and give you information that you're going to need to make this decision. But pay attention to this. Okay, here's the thought experiment. You are in an arena. Everybody with me?
Speaker 5: Are you there in the arena?
Speaker 3: Lots of seats? Yep, You're in the arena with the following list. Everybody with me? Got a list fifty hawks, the birds?
Speaker 5: What ten oh, I love this thing.
Speaker 3: Ten crocodiles, and this one's been out there, we just haven't done it yet. Three brown bears what? Fifteen wolves, one hunter with a rifle, seven buffalo ooh, ten thousand rats what? Five gorillas with this person and four lions. Here's what's before us, Adair, you've seen this one too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of that list, we get to pick two to be with us. The others will attack us. Our goal is to survive for one hour. Oh my goodness. So if you had to pick two of those to be on your side, I think I think I'm going to pick up that hunter with a rifle pretty quick. That's one. There's one.
Speaker 8: Well, see, that's not going to do much damage because by the time you I mean you're you're not taking much out.
Speaker 5: Well, oh no, it's a bolt action. I was hoping it would be like that's what.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, Well, you're gonna shoot one, okay, all right, I'm gonna change that. I think I'm gonna go fifteen wolves, okay, okay, And I know this might sound kind of crazy. Are the hawks mean, like I mean, are they gonna are they dive bombing and going it's just hawks, because fifty hawks would a lot of havoc. Let's see, here were the ten thousand rats.
Speaker 3: That's crazy too. I don't want any part of that. I think we're gonna fight against them. Yeah, I'm gonna go four. I'm gonna go fifteen wolves and four lines, Okay? Or do I want gorilla? Now, when we say buffalo, we're talking to cape buffalo from Africa. That's very Yeah, we're not talking.
Speaker 5: About a bison, talking about cape buffalo.
Speaker 3: That's only seven according to the picture. You are correct. Yeah, they're considered one of the deadliest animals. Gorillas. You can't depend sometimes gorillas they were.
Speaker 5: Here's the question. Are animals animal brains or are these like are these animals with like, say, human brains, animals?
Speaker 3: They're straight animals.
Speaker 5: Well, then if the ten thousand rats I can't like or you know, like go, you know, go rats go. If I can't do that, then the rats aren't really that much. I think any scare, you know, it's like what is most likely to actually kill me? And then but see this is tough. You pick two to defend you, which implies in this scenario you you do have the power to control the animal.
Speaker 3: Well, you do have power to get them to do what you want, so I guess you would say that because they will defend you. I'm going lines and bears. Is anybody concerned that the hunter, if we don't pick him, he's gonna shoot us?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, the hunter coming after us. We got to have a human.
Speaker 3: I'm send one of my wolves after him. He's he has no chance, one of your wolves.
Speaker 5: What if he shoots you before the wolf.
Speaker 3: Gets he won't, We won't as soon as they say go, does he just shoot us? See that's because I'm hiding behind a wolf. I mean wolves you got, I got fifteen of them. I got big old gray wolves a lot.
Speaker 8: What I don't know is these four lines. I mean, are we talking about big lines not linuses? Right now we're talking about four big lions.
Speaker 3: Well, the linus is sometimes are more dangerous. They are, they are, But just something about that. I know you want the main I do. I just greg who you would you pick? I'm going lines and bears, Lines and bears, Adler, Okay, number choice. It's a good number I can control. My wolves are taken out? Is that brown bear? That's we're grizzly. I'm mighty. I think I'm going fifty hawks, ten crocs. I'm going numbers. I don't think those hawks are gonna have you.
Speaker 5: No crocs, I can my scenario. I'm like Doctor Doolittle in my scenario, attacking now and then with the ten crocs. They form a circle around me. They form a circle around me with their big mouths. I feel like I'm doing pretty good. Oh, I forgot about the hunter. Darn it. Okay, no hunters are back on my team.
Speaker 3: You got a rifle the hunters the hundred gets one one shot and he's dead. He's eating I don't know that that that rifle. My wolves, fifteen fifteen wolves surround you. I've got you the numbers. Okay, the numbers are helpful there. I'm going numbers and talking about I'm talking about bears have slapped their head off. He might slap one off.
Speaker 12: But now.
Speaker 3: The lines. I think I'm going after everybody. I think I'm going after everybody. I think I'm going to pick up the three brown bears and I'm going with the Cape Buffalo. Yeah, you're gonna go with seven buffalo dead. These things are dead. They are dead. Well, my wolves have got my wolves one on the back, the rifle the rifle guys, because you know my name is Billy Billy Bad. So I mean I'm gonna be helpful because I can kill wolves. You can kill wolf.
Speaker 5: Fifteen enough for the rifle guy to be killed. That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get what I'm gonna do between what I'm gonna doing that is, I'm gonna get behind the Cape Buffalo. Yeah, and they're gonna act as like a wall in front of them, and then I'm gonna sneak the brown bears one of those around to slap the head off the hunter. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the hunter's got to go first.
Speaker 3: We got to get him, guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well my wolves are just dominating everybody.
Speaker 3: Can I throw a Bengal tiger in there? Just I don't know who wants the rats? What are you gonna do with them? Well, well apparently Idler loves them.
Speaker 1: Are they diseased?
Speaker 5: They're diseased. But how quick can those disease go, you know, go, you know, depending on what diseases? Is it like an Aquaman type scenario?
Speaker 3: I need to know this.
Speaker 5: If I can control the animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think yes. I think there's no doubt you can control if you're just hanging out with them. What good is that?
Speaker 8: I'm going off numbers, so I've got nineteen total that age I got, I got fourteen.
Speaker 3: That she should have put that on? Oh fifteen man a pack, big old nobody. You shouldn't be able to have fifty A lot of having to have an eight. You should pick them then.
Speaker 5: Fifty hawks, ten thousand rats, and you guys are going down.
Speaker 3: I got a Bengal tiger too. None of us have confidence in the gorilla. Sometimes they're lazy. Well, I think with the gorilla, if you just throw out enough to eat, they're sitting on a bamboo.
Speaker 5: My rats are giving you all the plague.
Speaker 3: And I might not get you now, but I'll get you later. Taylor, thanks for the email. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Bircher's Show, Only in America. Could these four men do this? Full of living? God bless America. This is the Rick Burger Show.
Speaker 3: We got a lot happening again today. Thanks for being with us. Simply safe dot com slash big box Mother's Day coming up? Does your mom like ours? She's still independent, but she lives alone now and do you ever worry about you know, her security or maybe she worries about it. A simply Safe system would resolve a lot of that. And this works no matter what. Is she renting a place that's fine, it doesn't matter a matter of fact. That's how this simply Safe was formed. People with rental properties were you know, say even friends of the creators, where like, we can't have a security system because they're too intrusive. So they solved all that with modern technology and you could get mom one at fifty percent off right now, or one for yourself by going to simplysafe dot com slash Big Vox. Now you're not going to have any long term contracts, you're not going to have any hidden fees. The professional monitoring they have with their live guard monitoring which means they monitor the property and real time is about a dollar a day. And now you got fifty percent off a new system they customize to the property. You can install them yourself and you get fifty two percent off right now with a monitoring agreement which you want, so go to simply safe dot com slash Big Box before this deal is over. Also, you can find the link of Rick burgesshow dot Com also make mom a smile again. April thirtieth is the cutoff to who it comes. Yep. If you have not got mom in go to Rick burgesshow dot com where it says contest and let's do that. We were very, very fortunate to get the opportunity a lot of fun. The organization was formerly formerly called the American Baseball Foundation, and part of yesterday was their rebranding. They are now called the Smart Play. They provide programs to youth in central Alabama, providing reading and math skills through sport based academics, another way to teach and character development through sports. And we were honored to be asked to be in the game yesterday. It started out that Ader would do the national anthem, which we were about to review. Uh, Greg and Speedy would do the PA uh and I would attempt to play in the game. But when we got there, we learned pretty quick that they didn't have enough players and some people that said they were coming didn't come, and and before we knew it, Speedy ended up having to do double duties. Uh.
Speaker 8: Where mister Michael Mays comes up to you yes and says, you know, William Mason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had we have eight.
Speaker 14: We need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, yes, sir, I know where's my gloves? So big concern was was injury. Uh so uh one of the one things I want to make sure I could do it. And and it was getting close to game time and I still hadn't stretched, and I was like, I got to get out on this field.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here here's speedy. Yeah, we can't have a full bustle. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Right, one of the.
Speaker 3: Keys is coming out of the box. Will I spread to the front first baseline? Yeah, we can't pull a hammy. No, I'm going there go. I mean just.
Speaker 8: Yeah, getting ready to go, get ready to this is funny right here, we're missing this.
Speaker 3: Here's Greg. Okay, you know we got to mix it up a little bit. I wonder Fabrican tell the Deans twins and when talking of having black jersey on the white jersey, Okay, that's good. That's good. Now that's you holding your bat and glove with your Revive Athletics dot U s batting gloves one Greg, Greg put on the white jersey. I'm in the black jersey, and I know immediately the baby brother's not gonna be with me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, watch this terrible moment. Watch this.
Speaker 5: Yeah Greg did out of purpose. He didn't want to be on your team.
Speaker 3: It looks like, yeah, watching.
Speaker 5: Greg pick the white jersey, so he didn't have to be like.
Speaker 3: Here, okay, you know, we got to mix it up a little bit. I wonder Fabrican tell the doers okay, right right? So so so then then we move on from that, so you kind of get getting loose. And then Sherry was kind enough to take a picture of the staff, and then Adler had us kind of come up and say America before he sang so here that's all he says. Ready listen right, so here comes after with the national anthem.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I set this up?
Speaker 3: Please do all?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: Here we go, please?
Speaker 2: Oh we go?
Speaker 5: So here you can see I've got two squirrely, squirrely kids with me.
Speaker 3: Ruby's got a rabbit, Ruby's got her Easter Easter rabbit's.
Speaker 5: And yes, my kids did roll up just where just with each pieces of bread they had, they got pieces of bread.
Speaker 3: Why were you kids walking around with a piece of loaf bread?
Speaker 5: So that was the plan, I said, I was that was you know. I had picked picked the kids up and headed to Rick wid Field and I said, hey, guys, guess what. As soon as we get there, we're getting some bread.
Speaker 3: Bread. My kids love bread. My kids will not got go fish snacks, not bread. Your kids were walking around eating a piece of loaf bread and a.
Speaker 5: Big piece Please look how big that piece of bread looks? That tiny, tiny, tiny boy. Yeah, I kept calling him the great bread Beano.
Speaker 3: There's the bread Bino, a loaf of bread. You know, Greg, you got grandkids and all this. Now you too speedy. There's other snacks. Yeah, the little kids, Jami, Sam. I don't know that I've ever gone to a loafer broad. Yeah. I've never seen a parent say my kids are right now? Fine. They both have a piece of loaf.
Speaker 1: Bread, Greg, Greg, Greg.
Speaker 3: If you think everyone asked for bread, you're wrong. He'll ask for Well. I saw them bred Beano was very very happy, Great.
Speaker 5: Bread Beano and all right. So they were with me out on home plate, and I was it was hectic. I'm gonna be honest, it was hectic and this is not my best national anthem.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, so Sherry Burgess was there. She offered to watch them. That they wouldn't stay well, they did not want to Dad, They're like on the field with day. I think you on the field was big. Yeah, they wanted to be out there so adder. I thought we discussed this. I heard you talking to Greg about this. What happened?
Speaker 5: Well, even beforehand, I was like, you gotta start low. Oh say you got to be at the bottom of your register with that. Say yes, I because I had my kids. It was hectic.
Speaker 3: I was worried about them running away or whatever.
Speaker 11: On the field.
Speaker 5: I forgot and I start way high. And the entire time I'm thinking about Carl lewis thinking and saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, did you see Greg?
Speaker 12: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Did you ever look at Greg? Greg was right in front of me.
Speaker 5: He was in my direct line of sight. Well, and in fact, I'm gonna acknowledge him. At one point when I forget the.
Speaker 8: Words right right, well, I'm pulling on Greg. I almost pulled him down because I was to go, I'm.
Speaker 3: Behind the camera guy filming.
Speaker 5: I started way high. I am in trouble. The entire song, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 3: Can I say this and we'll come back and do it. Let's continue to set up, because I don't want to take away from hearing it. Oh, well, hey man, I appreciate you so much. I couldn't decide whether you were being serious or doing a bit oh so wow, okay, wow, I thought to myself, I think he's just trying to be funny, which I was fine with.
Speaker 5: There's nothing funny about America.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I was in trouble from the from the very beginning, and I knew it, and I almost I almost almost did a key change mid song because the home landed on the free I know that that's coming, and I'm dreading it the whole song.
Speaker 3: Why did you come out? Cause when you came out again on this very first line, I'm like, way up there. I looked, I looked at the you know, and it was Michael Mays next to me, which was kind of He looked at me, and I looked at him. I said, he's he's come out of the gate. Serious.
Speaker 8: Well, now what I sent you, I I queued it up past this, but you haven't went Oh oh you started?
Speaker 3: What happened there?
Speaker 5: The kids?
Speaker 3: Guys? I want kids with me. I was very distracted, speedy.
Speaker 5: You could tell I was nervous because you did a great job, a fact that you were like Now, for those that can stand. You even put that in there for those that can, I'm like, Wow, this guy is a pro. You are a pro.
Speaker 15: I am not a pro.
Speaker 13: I'm not.
Speaker 5: And you said for those that can stand and please do take off your hats when you sing it.
Speaker 3: I had my hat on.
Speaker 5: If you hadn't said that, I would have sang the national anthem with my hat.
Speaker 3: One. You saved me. But ad Er, you seem so confident and all through the show yesterday, all out you didn't seem like you were worried about it.
Speaker 5: In the lake, I didn't think about having my kids in the distractions there and they're trying.
Speaker 12: To kill me.
Speaker 3: Slowly we're here next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, simply outworking the competition, The Rick Burtis.
Speaker 3: Show, artist working man in the business. Well it's time now. Adler has decided to sing the name anthem at the charity softball game last night in Birmingham at historic rick Woodfield. He's standing on hallowed ground, the same ground where Willie May stood, Ty Cobb Satchel Page, many many Jackie Robinson, many many others. I might have thrown Jackie in but anyway, maybe possibly so. Here is Adler's attempt at the national anthem. He's already preptics that he's going to start out too high. We don't know what to do. Greg apparently just decides to laugh through the entire thing.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all are going to see me forget the words at one point, and I'm gonna have to look down at my phone.
Speaker 8: To see the And for those of you trying to visualize, you know, left to right and all that that can't can't see what's going on. Adler is studying at home plate, looking back into the stands and behind the camera are the players and everything else. His two kids are running around beside him while he's doing that.
Speaker 5: I tried to get them to put their hand on the heart, thinking it would give them something to do and stand still. They did not stand still. You can see Ruby's trying to be like, as we're come back, come back, be good, be good. She's so sweet, My goodness, she's so good. As she didn't cover she didn't cover her ears so bad, she's so good. Speedy again, I thank you for saying, for those that can stand, please stand and please remove your hats as we sing the national anthem. You were saying that to me you said that on the microphone, but you were saying that to me. I would have sang it.
Speaker 3: With my hat on and secretly Greg and I were hoping you would.
Speaker 5: So, and my kids distracted me. I started to high this. I was in trouble the entire time. I'm just restating that. I don't think this is good. I think this is bad. And I did not do it on purpose. No, no, okay, so let's just rip on me.
Speaker 3: You were bold, Thank you too bold.
Speaker 5: Frankly, my kids got just dragged.
Speaker 3: They got they got me right, I'm going to blame my kids.
Speaker 16: Oh see, can you see I'm in trouble.
Speaker 6: The DNS early Light what so proudly we held at the twilight last gleaming, Who's broad?
Speaker 3: Ezra's gone. I'm looking for Ezra and he's gone.
Speaker 17: Right here.
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 5: I have to look at the words. I'm not at Greg. I played at Greggy streaming and the Rockey.
Speaker 7: T Day Bruce n l Off flag sil.
Speaker 5: Said that spangled, I'm in so much trouble right here.
Speaker 3: The bread and stay with it. No, don't cut that, don't mind. Yeah, yeah, no, you're good.
Speaker 11: I go to I.
Speaker 3: I quickly go to Rick. I couldn't. I couldn't get to rick quick.
Speaker 5: Enough jumping from.
Speaker 3: Like when you used to take that.
Speaker 18: Soler, guys, I was at the top of my register the entire song much less Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, My goodness, so the rockets were.
Speaker 3: Bless your heart.
Speaker 5: You got kids running around, you know, buddy, you had a lot going.
Speaker 3: Greg, did you see me not at you? You're gonna make fun of that later, but you had to go back and check the word. Yes, there's so much to unpack on the audio. So much. Let me tell you the text Nation. You might be surprised, and some of it would not surprise you. Somebody has referred to it, and I think this is where it needs to be. That is the realist national anthem i've ever heard.
Speaker 5: Right, thank you, I'm trying to be real. I keep it through.
Speaker 3: That was now what was interesting if he was real those of you that don't have the visual adler takes his hand across his heart and it never moves, and then you begin to move around though the entire home plate area. You don't stand still. You're moving the whole time.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: But once once you're chasing a toddler. Uh and and the looking down at the phone and then looking at Greg knowing that Greg's loving every minute of this. Yes, and uh, Greg, I didn't rip your jersey, did a little stretching calling we're standing. All are in my direct line of sight?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in front of me.
Speaker 3: Did you hear me saying? Greg?
Speaker 2: Greg?
Speaker 5: Greg see each other? I'm looking for Ezra. Ezra's running to first base. I mean, my goodness, Ruby's pointing beside her. Won't him to come to stand where he's She's trying to.
Speaker 3: Wave him in. Get over here?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: Does anybody catch Michael Mays?
Speaker 5: He says, I hope you play like he sings.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was going to tell you that Michael Mays thought I did a good job because he thinks you're playing because you got the jersey on. Yes, but he doesn't know that your toddlers don't have much loan. He was a coach trying to motivate.
Speaker 11: He was.
Speaker 3: I thought that was nice of him to say that.
Speaker 5: He said, I hope you play like you sings, So take that bo Bis. His brother thought I was really good on the National That was, uh.
Speaker 3: Look at look at the veins in your neck, y'all.
Speaker 5: Let me look him oh I am in trouble from oh say and yes I did double start at speedy. Thank you for cutting that part out. Yeah, do y'all want me?
Speaker 3: You want to be friend?
Speaker 5: Want to see look down? All right, we'll watch Ezra look at this love love.
Speaker 3: That little smile. Fairly little kid, the earliest kid in.
Speaker 5: The in the world, loved it all right here here I am. I'm gonna mess up the words and E's going to disappear.
Speaker 3: Last's gone, I'm like, where are you okay? Thro the ptrolls far I'm we're so good and the rock.
Speaker 5: I'm in so much the whole time. But hey, honestly, it was a cool experience. I wish I had done it better. But you know, I'm gonna be like, I'm gonna be like Shador Sanders and say this shouldn't happened. But what God is teaching me?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 3: I was able to get a snapshot. I put it on my Instagram story of you dead dead vocal. Yes perfect people are saying better than Carl Lewis and Roseanne.
Speaker 5: It was that Carl Lewis.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a plus about a complete meltdown.
Speaker 5: I didn't say up for it.
Speaker 3: I think maybe the half stack Marshall and your guitar would have been cooler. May Yeah, but you know, if you can hear in the background, somebody behind us went blessing Lord, right, fix it, intervene God, fix it, Jesus fix it. Look I started too high, Yes you know, I don't even know. And then your tempo. You warned us that your tempo was going to be quick, but I didn't realize it'd be that quick. Well, you got to get through it.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to. And I forgot my piro. I was going to have some Roman candles at the end, and that have been good.
Speaker 3: I can I tell you. Watching Ruby try to get Ezra back, She's like, come here, come here, come here. And you're right in the middle of singing this. Who who decides to bring two small children to home plate and try to sing the national anthem? We'll never forget it. It makes that kind of decision, and your children don't even seem to be aware of what you're doing.
Speaker 5: I tried to tell him about putting your hand on your heart and all that the only thing that wouldn't give a crap about anything, right, That was the only thing.
Speaker 3: That would have made it better was when you were talking about when you were practicing. Ruby was covering her ears. She would have done that with the bunny. They thought it was funny.
Speaker 5: I start singing. They think it's funny. They're like, oh, wow, you're really doing this.
Speaker 19: Well.
Speaker 3: I thought to myself, look at that, or give him a tear for the show.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I knew it was gonna be good for the show.
Speaker 3: I said that was pretending he can't sing. Craig Greg Greg, I could.
Speaker 5: See you, I could see elbow and Greg, I saw you.
Speaker 8: And I look over at Greg one time because I'm trying to be you know, respect Greg, Greg, Greg, and they looked like and all, I see his teeth.
Speaker 1: He's just well.
Speaker 3: I started doing great. I started getting in trouble because I'm over in the line with some of the players right there. Michael Michael May's wanted all the players to line up down the line, and we should have done that. Of course, you know, somebody to be in charge of that. But you're asking what I know? But I was fine. So I looked at Greg and Speedy and y'all made me start laughing. And these guys got mad at me.
Speaker 5: They're all laughing there's nothing funny about it.
Speaker 3: Look at look at Ruby. When he starts. She looks right in his face and laughs. She sure does.
Speaker 5: Really, Yeah, She's like, this is hilarious. I can't believe you're really doing watch it. Watch your laughing here, you can hear it by the Johns.
Speaker 3: Look looking at her trying to help her.
Speaker 5: Daddy so funny and is gone.
Speaker 3: And I love the fact that Ruby's trying to help you with Ezra. Yes, I love this really, Ruby, so ad at you. It's our Daddy's so funny. He's doing funny. He's going to work with daddy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was so much trouble the entire time.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. I could not.
Speaker 5: Stress to you.
Speaker 3: But hey, that's history that I'm part of history in your sea. That's what's important. Welcome back. More from the softball game.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I cracked my pants during that or Ezra.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, God fearing and America loveing the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: You know what America's raw, That's what it is. It's raw, and that national anthem represented real America. Rall aggressive and give it all.
Speaker 5: You got, Yes, so we everything, leaving it all on the field, so other things.
Speaker 3: From the game. So one of the thoughts always was, you know, Speedy didn't know if he was going to play not play. He ended up having to play and help with the PA. Some of the people that were supposed to come did not come. Really, we were not able to fill two full teams. That kind of came back to bite us a little bit on the old Black squad and the black jerseys that the rosters were not put together. We kind of kind of evolved. It was organic, but one of the things that I just couldn't get out of for me personally, and some of you were asking on the text, I was just concerned about this, this rotator cuff. It really I wish that I had not been dealing with that because I didn't know what to expect. Go back to golf, I guess that's on me Kevin Derburry's golf maybe. So we went out. Speedy tried to get warm. I was told things I need to do from the physical therapist in pregame. I tried to get that done. The DJ, as a lot of you pointed out, did not help when he saw me trying to get out there and look athletic. Again to play Shanaia Twain to like a woman. Thanks thanks for that, CJ. That was a big pick me up. But I really had not swung a bat in a long long time at a ball. That was one thing I wish we had had some batting practice. Yeah, and we didn't get any of that.
Speaker 8: Literally the first time we pick up a bat, we stepped into the box. Yeah, I mean straight up.
Speaker 3: So one of the things I thought the swing of the bat would not really affect anything. I didn't know, but unfortunately I did. The worst thing you can do if you have some sort of issue is I missed the first pitch completely when that one now I've swung through and didn't hit anything, and my shoulder screamed, and I thought, oh my gosh. I'm like, I didn't know if now I've completely torn the rotator cuff or what I've done. So then I was kind of like, you know, it's kind of like got hitting by a car. Hit by a car. You don't want to get You don't wan to get in the road again, right, So now I'm like, well, let me just try to make contact. So I really did not do well at the I was zero for three. I put the ball in play, but but it was it was a pretty pathetic not at the plate, but here here, I think it's just some players.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 8: You have Chris Hammond, who pitched for the Braves twelve years in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: His brother is the catcher for the other team.
Speaker 8: Jim Dunaway with the next Aways pitch, he's pitching, Cody with out front hitting is at third, and Cal Tinsley with Tinsley performances at at short. There's a runner at third, no outs, you come up. So that's kind of the scene, and then sound kind of takes over from there.
Speaker 3: And I thought Greg did a great job on the pig.
Speaker 5: Makes contact and it's oh.
Speaker 8: Tinsley goes back and doubles up. Logan, the entertainer who was on third Love Love Logan.
Speaker 3: The entertainer as a human being, he killed us. He had not played a lot of ball. It's on the third base coach. He should have held in that. And you're right, he didn't know a lot about the game. I had a terrible time getting in position. I will give him credit. Yeah, he improved as the game went on. He really did super nice Yeah, well good contact. Yeah, but it's just how about that ball. When it when you haven't played slow pitch softball, it just floats in. But you see, I'm not I'm not hitting it though, I'm not hitting it hard. I'm just trying to make contact. I'm not bringing any weight with it. The catch cow crosses over, goes back catch fielding. Yeah, but that was not a very hard hit. Uh, and I and after that the rest of the night, I'm now thinking, Okay, the shoulders is coming apart, and I just I did the basically the same thing the last two times. I think I hit it to him again, and then I hit a grounder that then I had to go back this other thing you and I were dealing with, do I try to run as hard as I can at risk of pulling something, and we have probably not good We have all that. We know this speed. You can go past me speedy. But he doesn't know he's gonna play. Y'all duped me.
Speaker 8: It was a It was a hit down the line, and the other team started screaming foul ball, and so I stopped at second, turned around coming home.
Speaker 3: We're like, no, we're just kidding. I'm like, I could have kept you. I thought you were cutting across the man down.
Speaker 12: Right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, long bombs away and it's in fair ball. Listen, listen, did you hear that.
Speaker 20: Run back?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like go back. They're messing with you, man. So here's Rick second at bat, Buddy. If we had a spray chart on you, Rick, it was going to go to short stuff and little Wayne catches. Yeah he does. And here's your team meeting Rick. We're getting kid and killed. We get beat so bad. Listen. This that's Michael Made. There's Michael Made right now we're going to last. We've huddled up right here, everybody. Let's go back and black on three. Okay, so now that so, now here's your last about This is the ground out where you had to decide this. Yeah, but I'm thinking I don't want to pull anything right. And that's that's Greg on the mic. Here's Greg.
Speaker 8: The game's over and y'all are just doing some in stadium interviewing. This is Greg on the on the mic. He did great job jumping into that role.
Speaker 3: Uh. And then we all go out and take a big picture in front of the historic uh scoreboard.
Speaker 8: So we're kind of walking through everybody's there's an old friend of mine, Acosta who lives in Helena. Uh, and he's on the board there, and so we go out and then we take a big pic, the big picture in front of the scoreboard.
Speaker 3: It was a great day, well speedy and I our team we got completely drilled. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 21: It was.
Speaker 3: It was horror if if the ten run rule was into effect that we just stopped it in the seventh inning. Yeah, I think that I was horrible at the plate, but I actually thought it the one bag for for a sixty year old man. I thought, I thought in the field, you know, I played okay as you did first, Mabe. I saw you backhanded ground or a matter of fact, there was also a bang bang play at first that you made. That it's not that long.
Speaker 8: If you want to get Tenseley performance, put this out on their story here. How Tenseley is batting and tries to beat out a single infield single and you get him to get to the back and there's a collision at the at the bag.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, let's played. Watch just right, he knocked down the grounder. It's hit hard. I knocked it down. Here I come, and now y'all wrap it up here. You'll see that quickness a linebacker coming up in the middle. Yeah, so what I would do at first? He hit it pretty good. I just used my body to knock it down. I just knocked it down. You see, you can't see it when it where it is, but I'm on the ground. Notice I'm getting up off the ground with the ball and then of course, you know, coming over quickly to first with quick feet in my in my white cleats. So h and you he was a little surprised by my speed there, I think, yeah, he said. He looked up and You're like, He's like, wow, I see you're at the back. Yeah, and we it was fun. Yeah, And we we did run into each other because I told him I couldn't stop. It wasn't I was trying to hurt him or anything. And and this is the thing. So, so the the game is over and my wife and I are going out to eat and she just looked secuting her little baby, Ruth Jersey, and we're sitting down and often she goes, well, I knew you would stack your team like that. And I said, what are you talking about? All the game she was on when we got beat by what was fun score fifteen to one, And I said, what are you talking about? Baby? She goes, well, y'all, your team like killed that other two. I said, babe, what game were you watching? What team do you think?
Speaker 22: I was on?
Speaker 3: What color jersey? Did you see? Mewhere? Maybe you were sitting on the first base side. I'm the first baseman in the black jersey, right, and I thought they don't really pay attention. And they really don't. So top of the hour, we'll be right back. Stay close.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 3: You know, like we say, as in a net, you gotta.
Speaker 9: Find the voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burcher's Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're back. We started the hour with unscreened phone call as we transition into other stories. Today we talked to little drafts. We've taken a hay Burge email and kind of work through that. We've done some highlights from the charity softball game yesterday, the good, the bad, the ugly, and now we want to hear from you. The number is eight eight eight. The number six big Vox underscreen phone calls means you're just going to be hearing the phone ring. This has been really the third way to chat with you by phones. It has generated more phone calls and better phone calls doing it this way, and we don't lose a member of the team to the screening room. So eight eight eight the number six, Big Vox. You've got something to say about what you've already seen and heard, or you want to bring up your own you can so fire them up right now at eight eight eight six, Big Vox, Speedy, Greg and Abder all here this hour, and we will continue to reference from time to time. But we do want to say, as we have given you a few updates from the game, we are thankful and we really had a great day and a lot of fun at historic rick Wood Field. And apologize for some of you. I met some of you leaving that were just arriving for the game when the game was over. The four pm start was I mean, that's that's what they did, and I know that kept a lot of you from from coming to the game. But for those of you that were there, it was good to see all of you, and thank you for your support and so for supporting what the former American Baseball Foundation now the smart Play as they launched that as part of this yesterday. So to the phones, we go unscreened phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Go ahead, Rick, Larry, Hey Larry, how are every buddy? Hey buddy, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Larry?
Speaker 17: I've got you can't to tell you.
Speaker 3: Better not be about patches.
Speaker 23: Okay, one who in the state.
Speaker 3: I was tapping care of it.
Speaker 15: She had me to cleaner skill it for her.
Speaker 3: What asked me that Karen had made some corn bread?
Speaker 24: Okay, she had shed need to clean the skill it for her.
Speaker 3: You su the skillet. Yeah, you don't clean the skillets with water and soap. I hope you didn't do that.
Speaker 23: No, what I did, But I thought I was doing her a favor.
Speaker 12: I put a still brush, drill clean.
Speaker 3: Larry, Come on, Larry, you just took all the flavors Carol stick to patches.
Speaker 15: I thought I was doing her a favor.
Speaker 3: She finally what was the second thing?
Speaker 5: The second thing is we did get a box of patches.
Speaker 25: A guy he goes by the name of had He goes by the name of vamb Chop, lamb Chop.
Speaker 3: That name damn chop. Yeah, he emailed me asking about you guys. I'm glad you got those. That's wonderful.
Speaker 5: Larry, he gave you an email?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was you know what that is. Yeah, he just emailed me saying he was going to send you a bunch of patches. O lamb chop. Yeah, so did you hear from you? Larry and Carolyn want to rememb more about his computer system messed up that iron Skillett. I bet she hit him with iron skiller. I bet she did'll do that? Hello, Rick, heard your show? Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Good morning guys.
Speaker 23: Hey, longtime listener, first time collabay from what twenty five years ago?
Speaker 3: Thank you listen.
Speaker 23: I need to ask a question. I've been hearing Gary you know, a lot on y'all shows, and I saw Gary one time when I was watching online. But I have one question that I've never heard Ansford all right, is Gary married?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: He is.
Speaker 3: Hey, he's married to sweet Gary. He's married the sweet little Glenn.
Speaker 11: Hey.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm off the market because she might have a hankering for Gary.
Speaker 23: What about Larry? What about Larry?
Speaker 3: Larry's wife is Carolyn?
Speaker 23: Yes, Okay, well let me tell you something. Those are the two bast guys, especially that Gary.
Speaker 12: I just adore him.
Speaker 23: I think he Bristius and such a good man.
Speaker 5: Hot for Gary.
Speaker 23: Y'all be sure, y'all be sure and tell him he's got a little admirer.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, don't I hope you're not watching on YouTube because Gary is shirtless right now? I mean, you know women like me. I mean Gwynn's blessed woman. She knows too. Is that dog got a life jacking? Think it does? Rick Burgers Show, Hello, unscreened phone calls, go right ahead.
Speaker 15: Hello Christopher, do what God look?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 3: Hello? Rick Birders Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead. What's up?
Speaker 9: Buddy?
Speaker 14: The first time caller?
Speaker 12: I just had it.
Speaker 14: I just had a comment on uh from yesterday. I'm a truck driver, something a little behind the Tesla thing you were talking about where the car drives itself. Adler to pull up the video where the guy front star. He tells the car to take him someplace he's never been. Him and his wife thinks they're going out to eat, and the car pulls into Planet Fitness.
Speaker 3: I was afraid of Rick Birders Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 1: A bunch of bombs in the air, pretty.
Speaker 3: Much, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Rick, Hey, buddy, Hey, I want to say if you could help me out. Uh, is there any way you could get my andreas out to your listeners and see if they can help me with my collection like you did, Larry. Sure collect I like to collect us paper currency.
Speaker 3: Uh we continue, Rick Burderr Show Hello, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 12: Uh I was gonna ask, you know, talladager and uh I got warned them.
Speaker 26: Are veins all right?
Speaker 3: Uh? Sure up? Greg? Not to genuine article? I mean you know we want the genuine have not an attempt to be that. I agree, so uh. Rick Birder's Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Rick, How are y'all?
Speaker 3: We're good?
Speaker 12: Hey? I got a questions for speedy Speedy Senior Day tomorrow at U A H. Do y'all get to walk out on the field with the with your son?
Speaker 3: I think we have to? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 12: My next question is is Hobbie one can be gonna be on one side of him and you on the other.
Speaker 3: He said, that's a way not to rush it. So good.
Speaker 5: I tell you I'll be happy to go out there with with j C.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ring Will and Wit and we'll have fun. Rick Bird, you show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 19: Hey, oh, just a quick comment about Ndler singing the national anthem? Yes, what if he get so seized up that he just forgot all the words?
Speaker 3: And we need to love is not lonely? Can you match those two together? I think at one point there's so much happening in that video. He looked at Ezra and tried to make him put his hand over his hard while singing, Well the good news, Adler is my My attempts at the plate were so bad. Everybody forgot about your national anthem, buddy. They were like, great, you were moving great out not at the plate. I struggled at the plate. And I don't want to say it, but I think Ezra left. Of course he couldn't take it. Yeah, I think he was like I think Ezra even the two said I shouldn't be associated with this. If you want to, I'm out of here. Rick Birger's show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 23: Just wanted to say happy Friday, y'all.
Speaker 3: Well, where are you calling from?
Speaker 23: Oxford, Alabama?
Speaker 3: Oxford at the Big Oh the Big O, Oxford, Alabama. Thanks for calling hi, Rick Birders show unscreen phone calls God, morning, Rick, Chris from Floris take it in again.
Speaker 26: How's everything going for you guys this morning?
Speaker 3: We're good man, Go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 26: Well I was checking on you. I didn't give a chance to listen the first part of the show. Hope every win O. Thing went okay with the softball game and uh, you talk about a I can't have nothing moment? Did you guys see that Shador Sanders He didn't even get drafted in the first round last Yeah about I can't have nothing moment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we talked about that in the game the first two hours. To catch it on the archive. Hey, Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Oh, just comment on Adler last night.
Speaker 3: It's well, I wouldn't go that. Well, come on, I'm bet with that voice, that's perfect something I'm telling you why I got this, No, I bet. I think it turned out just like it needs. Oh yeah, that's true. Heard the show again. This is the only show where bad is good. I've been working here for fifteen years. As I was listening, I'm going, now, this is gonna be great. Update you one. I thought it was great, though, Adler.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers show. Men don't run in the Raid. The new book by Rick Burchase of The Little Everywhere May thirteen, so.
Speaker 3: It's getting closer. It'll be on ebook, audio version and hardcover all coming out on May the thirteen, So looking forward to that and we'll put it all should also garner a lot of interesting scenarios here on the program. We'll tell you more about that going forward with all the promotion of that coming up in May and June. All right, so a couple of things we need to hit on. First of all, Field of Greens, Thank goodness for that. You know, as soon as I got home from the excruciating physical exertion of last night's charity softball game, immediately went to Field of Greens for replenishment. I was like, I got let's get this right now, and let me tell you about Field of Greens. It really I don't I struggle with nutrition. To me, that's the hardest part of trying to do better, because even if you know what you're supposed to do, it's so hard to get those servings of fruits and vegetables the body craves and every single day. But with Field of Greens, they get this done for you. You know, there's you know fruits and vegetables that have specific health benefits. You may not even know that. I wouldn't. There's a heart health group, there's lungs, there's kidney. You know those of us that are looking for, you know, a clean energy. This is nutrition that is guaranteed to make a difference in your life. It has in mind, it has with all of us that are using it. And if it doesn't, if you go I don't know about that, well, if it doesn't, they'll give your money back. If your doctor doesn't notice the difference, you don't notice the difference, they'll give you money back. You're gonna love this product. I'm telling you. This is a game changer. Fieldofgreens dot com save twenty percent with the code big vox. Also find the link at Rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors. That same link gets you that twenty percent off too, but remember to use big vox. Okay, so those of you that were not able to see some of the pictures from yesterday will continue to put those out on social media. Getting emails now from KC and the people at the smart Play and they're sending us professional photographers were there and they had their own video crews and stuff like that. So as we get new stuff, we'll put that out on social media too. You know, I definitely love keeping things light on the show as opposed to heavy, but sometimes something is a heavy topic. But it's still to me, is so funny. I still want to talk about it. Oh, and that is the thought of AOC running for presidente to me that I'm with you, guys, I just I kind of want to see that. I can't have that. I can't believe that the Democratic Party would see this as a solution to their current problems, but it's sure is funny to think about it. There's a report that DNC is pushing her and Bernie Sanders. This is like the third time we've heard this to run for president.
Speaker 14: Do they.
Speaker 3: They just not hear the message right now? Are they missing it? Well? I think ny in AOC, they are part of their problem. That's the messaging, the messaging that is costing them. But there appears to be some sort of video we have Adler. Is this some sort of presidential campaign promotional video?
Speaker 5: It looks like a campaign video to me. They had this big rally, big rally, big rally in Idaho. Bernie Sanders and tenants as well, and it seems awfully a campaigny, so that's kind of fueling these speculation rumors.
Speaker 3: Power couple. Now they'll bring a crowd, I'll tell you. Yeah, they're showing up. Yeah, but I'm just still.
Speaker 5: They they're the two most popular people right now.
Speaker 3: It seems in the in the party, which says a lot about the party. But the party lost like really big they did in the last election with this kind of garbage. Yeah, okay, you hear it. I guess here we go, all right, you.
Speaker 27: Know, Idaho, I am so touched being here. I'm a girl from the Bronx to be welcomed here in this state, all of us together seeing.
Speaker 20: Our common cause.
Speaker 27: This is what this country is all about. Don't let them trick us into thinking we are enemies. Don't let them trick us into thinking we at separated into rural and urban, black and white and Latina.
Speaker 7: We are one.
Speaker 3: That's what That's exactly what the Democrats are doing. And you're one of the lead ones that doesn't yes, the all ones that they've got everybody against each other. They are masterful at this. I don't say one thing and do another. It's just most politicians do that almost like it's almost like an abusive spouse that keeps going, oh, I'm sorry, I love you. I didn't do that, and she mentions black and white and not then all you don't have to.
Speaker 27: Don't let them trick us into thinking we can be separated into rural and urban, black and white and Latina.
Speaker 5: We are one Alexandria.
Speaker 3: They told us because it was a conservative scene.
Speaker 5: They got it wrong.
Speaker 27: And I do I know that looking around here, it can feel impossible for Republicans out here to be defeated.
Speaker 22: That's not true.
Speaker 7: It's simply not true. I'm from the waitress who is now speaking to.
Speaker 3: You today from this podium.
Speaker 27: I can tell you impossible, it's nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm inspired, good gracious.
Speaker 5: Was that the old rich white man with her, Yes, yeah, yeah, so I thought they hated them, Yeah, right, right right, socialist that has many properties and you're talking about that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just I mean this again, this is one of the things. The reason why we adopted with the new show, the phrase broadcasting from the real world is the attempt to create these fake worlds.
Speaker 5: Is also he said, Idaho said. They said Idaho is a conservative state, but I guess not. Well, when you look at Trump won six hundred thousand votes to two hundred and seventy four thousand votes. He got sixty six percent of the vote. Kamala Harris got thirty percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Just because you were able to bring out people who cheer for you, wherever they all came from, I assume somewhere Idaho. I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb.
Speaker 5: Here and some might have been busted.
Speaker 3: Whatever. What this this fake thing you're creating? Adler says, something that's reality. They teld it. This was a you know, a conservative state. Apparently it was. Apparently it was if you look at the actual vote, and you're you know, and so, and she did say, the person's correcting. Who did She did say she was a waitress talking from a podium. She's standing on a podium, but she's standing behind the electorn. We learned that yesterday. And we're always so thankful when the audience corrects us and gets us straight on this kind of stuff. So, I don't know, I just think that I just think Bernie Sanders and AOC running for president as a ticket for the Democrats is just I mean, that's about as laughable as you can get.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want to end up being like so many people that when Donald Trump decided to run this started laughing on the left, saying he had no chance whatsoever, and even predicted that he would never ever be president. Of course, now he's president for a second time. I don't want to be like that. But this doesn't seem to be based on a whole lot of reality.
Speaker 28: Also, you see how they talk about just beating the Republicans, beating the Republicans, they just want power. Meanwhile, a lot of Republicans are talking about helping the country, fixing the country downside of the government.
Speaker 3: We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who was old enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as huss Rick birches there week ago.
Speaker 3: We're back, Thanks for being with US America. Coming up here shortly, the box seats will feel another Burgess ball battle coming up today. As the box seats visit always a pleasure. If you want to book your box seats, you can find that at Rickburgessshow dot com. We book about a month in advance, so when one month is ending, the next month will probably is already full, and then we'll start booking the month after that. So you can just keep trying that there, Rick burgesshow dot com and hopefully we'll see you coming up on a future show and you can be in the box seats. Pete Davidson old pistol Pete interesting character. He was a joint Saturday Night Saturday Night Live in twenty fourteen, was one of the youngest members of the cast. He was there for that to try to bring a younger crowd to Saturday Night Live. They'd kind of lost that demographic. He was very successful, but unfortunately in his personal life. He says that he's being interviewed by Variety magazine that he was a drug addict and he was tattooed up. I mean tat tat rat a tat rat tat tat. He started during the pandemic removing the tattoos from his body and now he has no tattoos at all. Really now he says the process that he said the process is not pleasant, that it is difficult, but he said one of the reasons he wanted to remove the tattoos is because he is sober. Uh and He says the hundreds of tattoos that he had reminded him of being a sad person and being very unsure of himself. And he said, so I was covering myself up with these tattoos, and he goes, so when I if I kept them, I would see things like SpongeBob, SpongeBob smoking a joint on my back, and I would go, oh, yeah, I was a drug addict. He said. It harkened bad memories and quite a display. Yes, he did, every one of them that hurt, and getting all that removed. Oh my goodness, yes, yeah earlier sternum, Yeah, every one of them he now has removed. So anyway, he's being interviewed and he says that he thinks that he feels really bad for young people right now because no surprise here. He says, this social media stuff and all these smartphones. He said, you know, when I grew up, it was a flip phone. That was cool. He said, I don't believe kids today have a shot. They don't even have a shot. I hope this changes enough people revert backwards a little bit. And he said it was one of the things that even he struggled with. He says, you feel this pressure because of all this fake world that we talk about on social media and the internet. It makes everything difficult. It can make you anxious because you start thinking, well, you know, we've said this before, that my life is no good. All these people seem to be having this incredible life. And then if you put a picture yourself out there, you say something in thereby attacks you. You know, he said, it really is ezy, crazy, unhealthy, and he thinks that less of all of that would be more healthy for people. And he's speaking from his own experience, which I you know, that's he also thinks that really the most attractive thing that anybody could do once he kind of got his act together, because you remember, a lot of people are always couldn't believe how is he dating all the women, all these women when he doesn't seem to be all that. I mean, you wouldn't really think of him as a heart throb. But he says that he if you will just kind of drop all the pretending and all the fronting and pretending and just be who you are, good, bad or ugly, that actually people find that to be attractive. The more real you can be, the more attractive you are really to other people. Now, he hasn't made in these relationships work, so that's a good point. You'd have to kind of ask about that, but he said you can. You know, he always helps being authentic. He's pretty funny is helpful. So that we're talking about Pete Davidson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I like him in the prepared videos that are like edited because when for some reason when he's performing live, it seems like he's distracted or something. I don't know, Maybe maybe I need to watch more. But I do think he's very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never really followed him enough to make that call. I don't know anything much about his abilities. I know who he is. That's why I was intrigued by you guys putting the story in the prep today because of this removal of all the tattoos. I thought that was really intriguing. Now he had to run into Taco bell commercials too, and he's doing something now. I saw him endorsing the products that acts. He's pretty funny. I know that might be he does the acts commercials are funny, but and now I'm not I'm not recommending this movie because it's full of come on, that King of Staten Island. Is that the name of it? You said, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's still almost about his life. Yeah, but you know, not note for note, but Bill Burr's in it. It's pretty funny. I never saw it but now, But again I'm not recommending. I can't remember, but there's the factor.
Speaker 5: Right right, But did y'all mention he spent two hundred thousand dollars in the process of getting these tattoos.
Speaker 3: I didn't give the number. No, he just said, Look, I did it, and it can be done, he said, but it is not a fun process a bunch of which is probably something to think about when you're getting a tatted. A buddy of.
Speaker 5: Mine did it over. I mean you got to go weeks and weeks and weeks. They're doing it a small process, bit at a time. He just had one he didn't like anymore on his arm, and it was actually the clinic above the old studio at the old sor.
Speaker 3: I would run into him.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, buddy, you're getting some more laser work done. But he was like, yeah, man, it hurts, but I got to get rid of this thing.
Speaker 3: That was a bad choice. Well, think about what he said when I was a drug addict. Most of these tattoos represented me being a drug addict. Yeah, so now that I'm sober wind, I want to still have up on my body that basically says I'm a drug addt And you know this, this, the tattoo thing is not something to be taken lightly.
Speaker 5: You can tell he was on drugs when he got the Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Speaker 3: Uh, there you go. For some reason, there's a shark, and.
Speaker 5: There's Mars attacks, Mars attacks Alien. We got the words, shall l in That was a good choice to get rid of that.
Speaker 3: Now the shark is a dark one. That took a lot of Ye took a lot of effort there, Yeah, panther over on his arm? Yeah yeah, who would who would have wanted to get rid of all that attractive stuff. But he also says that he thinks dating apps are a problem and this is the way people date now. But he says, I think they're pretty dismissive. He said, you nobody knows who you are, and you're sitting there watching this process, and it's like, now you can have multiple people turning you down. He goes, in the old days, you'd maybe have one person turned you down. That you were bold enough to maybe go talk to Now you can just sit there and be turned down by lots of people, but you get a few wins. But he says, every time somebody looks at your profile and basically says no, thank you, he says, got to affect you because everybody can say no, uh no, pass on you.
Speaker 8: Uh So from dating apps, we would just write on a piece of pain or paper will you go out with me? And then yes or no, and then pass it across the class and she would circle yes or no and they'd pass it back.
Speaker 3: Well I missed out. Then there was that crazy. Then there was that crazy thing you would do, actually get to know someone. I talk to them face to face, eventually get the courage to ask them out. You kid, No, No, that actually one time existed. Just go talk to her? What okay? Sure? And then you would always get intail from like their friends. You would you would try to find out how foolish am I about to look?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: And you would always like if somebody would say nothing, you're pretty goodod I think you're pretty good shape.
Speaker 5: The friend avenue is fantastic. Ask the friend is your friend? Repulsed by me? Or think I'm cool. Yes, yes, pretty.
Speaker 3: Much hate y'all. Okay, I remember it was just people we worked with, but there were people that and I think they just felt bad for Sherry. But I did have people that we all worked with that tell me I needed to give up on my pursuit of her, and I'm glad I didn't. Yes, yeah, well, and you took it to that and I think, well, you know, Cherry was even giving me that vibe, so I know why they had that vibe because it was the same one I was giddy. Yeah, but as you, as we've said many times, I just refused to be cast into the friend zone because there was certainly an attempt to do it. Yeah, now, Greg, I know this is on the other side of the wall. So I apologize for this question.
Speaker 8: And I knew that you and know you and Lisa started dating in high school, But like, how did you ever ask her out that first time?
Speaker 3: He doesn't remember it? Skate center? Uh? I mean, were you brave? We were hanging out skating ring. I need to skating ring. That's where. Oh yeah, did y'all know of each other before then? And then kind of Rick was dating her cousin Easy but you were easy. And then he was going over there one day and I said, hey, tell her Collsa come over and I'll come over with you. So okay, guys that clim love it. First sight that rise, you couldn't believe it. I never heard that. But we had kind of talking and skating ring fine after skate shine, come on coming around there, grooming a little bit o. Don't stop. Do you get enough from Michael Jackson? Yea, we all we're all good at swinging around and skating back. Yes, absolutely without breaking rhythm. Yeah, well we didn't break rhythm. About the time when you do fall on your butt. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers show in the world. It embraces mediocrity. They are three the the Rick Budgers Show.
Speaker 3: So we're back minutes to the top of the hour. Thank you for being here today, America. We are rolling to another one. The box seats are gathering outside. They'll be coming in here today and spending time with us. Thank you for your text options to Greg out of Aniana, Alabama. On the text option, did Greg and Lisa every couple skate? If so, do you remember what song? I'm sure it was just between you and me by April one? April one couple skate? Didn't you between you and me? How about just between you and Lee Lee? Canadian Rock Honey? Oh yeah yeah, I bet you. Next next, next two songs couples and couples Only you remember hearing that heart get the beaten run?
Speaker 5: I remember I tried to do a couple skate. I asked a girl to skate with me, and she goes only if your mom skates with us too. It was me, my mom and the girl.
Speaker 11: You did it?
Speaker 5: You, actually, Greg, I had to.
Speaker 3: I was making a move, not all about I don't know if that counts as a couple of second.
Speaker 5: Had to make a move.
Speaker 3: Let my intentions be known only if your mom's kate.
Speaker 5: You don't want to get too serious. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wanted your mom and.
Speaker 5: Serious.
Speaker 8: I tried to impress my girlfriend, told her to lay down, let me jump over, and I landed on her arm.
Speaker 3: And broke it. That was a moment.
Speaker 5: Broke it?
Speaker 3: What made you think? Bro I thought I could make it, so I could make it, landed on the right arm, broke it right here and you. I also had a date that got kicked by horse right. Oh yeah, I thought I was going a romantic horseback ride. And apparently my horse wanted up front and kicked her horse and broke messed her up leg I think fractured it. This was like some kind of supernatural intervention for these girls. Don't don't date this guy. Look coming to thought, I was sharp if I found a place, you know, you can go horse horseback rides. Hey, it's gonna be lovely. We're gonna romantic, it looks screamed. Yes, nowhere near anything either. But back to this one. So you were on skates and yeah, ju down.
Speaker 5: So you told her to lay down?
Speaker 3: I did, I said, yeah, I don't know. I think I don't know. You know, we were we were in this thing where I check out what I can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right, Yeah, I got a lot of speed too.
Speaker 3: I won't jump over you to show you that I like you. And they'll turn the music.
Speaker 21: Down with that.
Speaker 3: Everybody's subtle. We have an injury on the rink. Somehow, I think that that didn't go well after that, I'm following her. Yeah, I'm sorry. I thought I could make How do you do a follow up to that tune? Try again? I know that I broke your arm when I thought I could jump, any chance we still do something? I think now, were there multiple people or you just couldn't get over one person?
Speaker 8: It was one, but the way they were laying it was laying a long way, so I had the goodness. I don't know how I did that. I can't remember. I just remember doing it. I can't remember what way how She was like, yeah, I can't remember that.
Speaker 5: But you broke your arm.
Speaker 3: I did for sure.
Speaker 5: She go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, remember where we were and everything. That's terrible.
Speaker 5: Did you go with her or did you seek?
Speaker 3: I can't remember. No, that my skating day was over all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll end your skating day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about the next time when she was in the cask and it's awkward at the skating rinky? Can I sign your cast? Hey, good to see you almost sign your cast and maybe put something nice in there about you get away from me? Yeah, of course I was. I kind of thought this, but I didn't say. At least you just text me and said we never a couple of skated, because that's when you would just walk around with your posse. Oh great, would come to the skating rink and never skate. Him and his buddies. They just thought they were too cool to skate, so they were just they were just hanging around. Yeah, because I was out there with the Red Devil's making it happen. Yeah. Well, in my in my skating, I got you A couple walked. I guess.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really skate backwards, that could I couldn't do it. That's all right. I could, but I remember the first time, and I could cross over. What about listen, sweed, what about the one foot turned around to the back. Oh, yes, I can do that either could Buddy y'all twisted up?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 3: What about did you did you land on her arm? Like right up with the with the wheels or your body? Uh no, it was not the body. It was the wheels. I want to say.
Speaker 8: I had it right, I think, And I could have missed her. Was she laying It wasn't that. It wasn't like It's almost like she was laying long ways, you know what I mean? And and I and and it's like the two back wheels of one of you.
Speaker 3: Should have had her lay horizontal not vertical. Yeah, I know, Rick, Okay, that's a great story, bro, I really liked her to get hurt and it's over at that point.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's so think about the parents.
Speaker 3: The horse went.
Speaker 8: I think might have if it been worse, because we're in the middle of nowhere, and I had been told by the guy that my horse liked to be up front, but her horse would kind of. And we were we were just walking down trails and stuff and and and mine just would just went back and kicked, kicked the other horse kicked at the other horse, and and I didn't know even hit her.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden, I hear I'm like, are you okay? How many people have you think?
Speaker 29: So?
Speaker 3: But you're like, man, it was bad. Yeah it was bad. That's awful. So video twelve. But this is a terrible video to put in this. Yeah, God had a plan, that's what Terry was waiting on.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: That people kept getting injured around until you found there. Yeah, unfortunately they don't walk quite the same right now. But that that explains why when when Terry first went out with your shoes, you showed up in jin guard that wasknee pads because she fell in love, all right, so hard video her on that I tell the story, and she's like, that is not well out in my mind. It is you followed me around, honey. You wouldn't let me leave yourself, let me alone. I said that, I said, I tell it. I said that yesterday's share. I said, how to feel watching your man out there running around in his spin strips. She goes, well, you made some ounts. Yes I did, Yes, I did. H Chinese man jumps through hotel window after getting in a heated argument with his girlfriend.
Speaker 5: He is on he is on the first floor. But I mean, I've wanted to been you know, do this. You guy's ever been in an argument with your wife before? I just want to be here, okay, right, this guy took it pretty far.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be out of there with this bat. I don't think he's on the first floor, so that hell depends on how deep.
Speaker 12: Look what.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what he's trying to make a point. He's trying to be dramatic and well, okay, that's stupid. Yeah, that ispid. Well, this is from the outside. He didn't fall. He's gone so confused as to what he was doing. By the way his first attempt. They're in a heated argument and his first attempt to get through the window. Does it work? And then the girl tries to stop him? Is this some Can I give this young lady some advice?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just move on? Yeah, think about how that hurt his head? His head and when it didn't break, I know, what is that? He picks up and attempts to step on his I think.
Speaker 5: He lost his shoe or is his shoe. The hotel staff confirmed the incident and said the man eventually came back and paid for the damage. It's unclear what the numble was arguing it When I just walk down the hall, tell.
Speaker 3: Myself through that window.
Speaker 5: If you don't love me anymore.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you it now. He was saying, I jumped the window. Is that? What do you say? Nothing? He's doing his agent. We can we go back to doing that? Yeah, I mean, I mean that one. Is that one accent off limits?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: And that's not fair. You make fun of red neck? Right, nobody cares. Nobody cares? All right, that's an accent and really not even making fun of him. I just dust that. How I sound there? It is? You're just mad at me. I jumped the window? Okay, yeah, yeah you do it.
Speaker 5: Rick shouldn't do it, they should that bothers you done it does do it?
Speaker 3: Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 10: You know what we say.
Speaker 3: Loss, I'm in a tens.
Speaker 5: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world. The Rich Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: That's right, giving it real. Let's need it these days. Thank you for being with US America.
Speaker 6: A lot to do.
Speaker 3: It's still ahead, including a merger small battle that's gonna happen this hour. The box seats are jam packed, they are full, and two people will play each other this hour.
Speaker 2: It is true.
Speaker 3: It is true that the will has been a little cold later. It's like tax Day freaked it out. It has not recovered though, it's not dealing out much cash lately. But as you said, Greg, it is due, so we will do that. Coming up, Welcome vox seats. They come from all over. They come from all over. A couple of them were even at the charity softball game yesterday. Oh yeah, probably shaking their heads saying, you know, maybe we shouldn't tamper with the memories. This is this is pretty sad. So uh where well, yeah, have I mentioned the shoulder? No, it's what you got rotator cuff issue. I'm going to do some rehab today, said his voice is hurting over Tradler blew his voice out. Your shoulders were, y'all there early enough for the national anthem? Oh how about that? How'd you feel? Yeah? Okay, She's like, I came all the way for Colorado for this. So yeah. But anyway, so you were like me, you thought he was pretending he couldn't sing that.
Speaker 5: What people thought? No one else thought that great.
Speaker 3: So he's putting a couple of things from the text line. Yep.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's a picture of someone with Kevin Deryberry and it says I was at the BlackBerry Smoke concert in Montgomery. Yeah, mad, okay, good man?
Speaker 9: So was that?
Speaker 3: Was that at that same place in Montgomery where we did we performed that time? It's downtown. I forget what it's called the theater there. I don't know, but it might might be a pecific center, I'm not sure. And then scroll down someone said I love when we make a difference right here, just use the word literally in a work email, And I literally stopped and had to think through what I was saying. After Rich's comments just educated people, Well, when you we can't. We're just throwing the word literally around like it's nothing, and it kind of leads to to an email here that I know I'm not. I don't. I'm not sure I'm tracking with this.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'm tracking. This comes from Kevin hay Bird, Hey burge. I don't know if this is just a hay burge or if it rises to the level of a vox verdict. M I'm going to say no on the ladder. I don't think it doesn't because I'm not sure we're gonna agree with this. I liked his wig, Well, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Please don't make me put on that wig. It's so itchy.
Speaker 3: Why don't you put the wig on and sing the national anthem? But but I have to address the phrase that you have used on the show a few times, and did so yesterday early in the first hour. I'm also guilty of using the phrase, but I've committed to removing it from my vernacular, so I'm not throwing stones while living in a glass house, and I was really getting built up, and then when I saw the phrase, I was thinking, let down. It is the phrase. I was thinking to myself who's using that. I guess we do, all right. I was thinking to myself. I was thinking to myself, what am I going to do?
Speaker 25: Right here?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay? Every time I hear that phrase, even when I've said it in the past, I think, Hey, pal, who else would you be thinking of for? Or thinking too huh? Yeah? See, what I mean is a little thinking too much? Yeah, I mean unless you're a lunatic doing all your thinking out loud, nobody you can say things to yourself, I guess. But I believe that you can only think to yourself. You can't think things to anyone else. He lost me. It sounds a little wordy. Do you nodding? Do you agree with him? I was thinking, I was thinking to myself, And what he's saying is there are no other options. If all you're doing is thinking yourself is the only option. I was thinking to myself, I have no idea what tell you say?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 3: I was thinking blah blah blah, not say myself. Yeah, Rick worked, Rick, you worked hard, and I'm thankful for you ridding society of the abomination. That is the frame phrase. I could care less and I think this phrase is in the same category. Needs to be removed from civilized society as well. What say you that one doesn't feel I'm not I'm not as bothered. I'm confused by it, but I see what he's saying. But I don't think it reaches the level of a bit of something that bothers you because it's so understood. You're not misusing anything, right.
Speaker 5: I guess you could just shorten it to say and so I thought instead of and so I thought to myself, I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: But to me, but that's nicking to me. You went with hungry to me in the in the let's huge, let's use yesterday for an example. But when it comes to the comedic world, to me, it's a beautiful way to use comedy. So you say, I'm at the plate, I'm really thinking, I don't want to be embarrassed by my performance today. But I'm thinking to myself, also don't want to go to the hospital. Right. Well, see that makes that fun It's funny, yeah, that you're having this battle with yourself on what you should and shouldn't do. So I'm thinking to myself right now, do I just leave or or do I like I'm part of this? So to me, it's a good phrase to use to set up the dilemma inside the person's mind of their situation. I find it to be a great way to be funny. I mean, I've heard many people say so. I'm thinking to myself, right now, do I do I just get up and leave since they apparently are let me having this meal for free? Or do I need to go back and pay for it?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 5: And as Louis Armstrong said, and I think too about Zo.
Speaker 3: Does he want us to keep Louis Armstrong from using right? I mean, I just didn't think this one rose to that level. I'm open to people disagreeing, and we can we can address it, and we certainly can work on it. But I think it's a great thing. You're trying to use it to tell people the dilemma that you may be going through and funny situations. Haven't you laughed many times in stories that we've ad when somebody says so, at this point, I'm thinking to myself, Yeah, Phil, he's saying to myself, is his problem. Yes, he's just saying it's not that's not it's not needed because there are no other options. You can't think to someone else. You're always thinking to yourself. See. So I was thinking to Greg, well, yeah, you really can't. I don't know. To me, yeah, you need to care more.
Speaker 5: Like the text person says, you're the narrator of your own story. It's funny you're having this inner dialogue. It paints a different picture than I was thinking. I was thinking to myself that it paints a different picture. So I think it's a useful phrase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody on the text nation say that this is absolutely okay to use it this way because it gives people the There's others that are really good before these, but they're coming in so fast. It's that internal conversation going on that makes the story funding. You know, yes, so uh totally accept acceptable. You are you are narrating your story? Or I said internal conversation thinking to myself the emailer is a BIP. Yeah, somebody says, I'm thinking to myself, the emailer is a BIP. I think you're right, or I think to myself, you're right. So people say, we all it's me. It's understood. There are no other options. It's a phrase used to make a.
Speaker 5: Story better, and there's a right and the wrong time to use I think.
Speaker 3: I think the texture is who's who has it the best? Is one? It says, it always implies this very interesting internal dilemma of conversation you're having with yourself. To me, it's never implied that you can think for someone else. No, so I think to myself, I've never thought it's not a box verdict? And how about this? And I don't think it needs to be addressed and removed.
Speaker 20: No, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of dig that phrase people are saying, they're thinking to their self, now the emailer has lost his mind. So I think we move on on that one. I think we're good there. I couldn't even I couldn't even work it out. You just need to go because you haven't been part of that, you're thinking.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The man who pointed out that there is no such thing as boatless wings Rick Bircher's.
Speaker 3: I thought that was glaringly obvious. Here we go, working our way back. Box seats are here, Burgess Ball Battle coming your way, next segment, next segment. Oh yeah, we're not fooling around today. Not fooling around today. Mystore dot com? Have you been there? Some cool things for mom Mother's Day coming up? My store is kind of the you know, an alternative to Amazon. These are a lot of entrepreneurs that Amazon did not give access to their platform too. So Mike Lindell said, why don't we create a platform for them mystore dot com. Go there right now. These entrepreneurs are standing by boy and I mean it covers the gamut, automotive, bath and beauty, books and movies, clothing, food and drink, garden, paddick gardening, patio, home improvement. You know that's me. There's as I've become handy, I need to look at that household essentials, kitchen and dining, pets, faith based products, sports, outdoors, toys, games. My goodness, it's all happening Mother's day or a birthday or something special. Are you just need some stuff? Go to mystore dot com, use the promo code big vox and get big savings. As a fan of this show. Also, Rick burgershow dot com has the link right there under sponsors. So a couple other things to discuss today. The headline says it all just zero responsibility. That is the headline of the story, just zero responsibility. Tulsa, Oklahoma sonic manager arrested, the accusation giving marijuana edibles to eighteen employee. Now, I'm not familiar with the marijuana edibles. Are we talking gummies here? What are we talking? I've got there's there's actually marijuana candy bars?
Speaker 28: Is it?
Speaker 5: Do these?
Speaker 3: Do these get you high? Yeah? To me, I don't think this is very smart because if you're giving marijuana to people that sonic, you're gonna lose some product because uh no, buddy, you do you to eat that entire sonic so chilling cheese by Oh yeah, right, there's your manager, Greg, Well, that's shocking. Would have thought she would do that.
Speaker 8: We got a g I have some audio here of Officer Danny bean Let's talking about that the manager was arrested for giving a sixteen year old co worker these edibles.
Speaker 21: Here she was throwing up, being sick from all the stuff she ingested. I was just kind of taking back a little bit about why did you give it to her?
Speaker 3: Whatever? She how did she end up with it? You know, because she asked for it.
Speaker 21: That's just zero responsibility for anything, not only a sixteen year old, but also at a restaurant where they're gonna be involved with people all day long. Right, something bad is going to happen no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's really run this out. Not only did the employee of Sonic ask for it, the manager had it. Yeah, you can't really overlook that. And by the way, a lot of giggling here in the VOX seats when this was brought up. Are any of you currently high on marijuana edibles? Because I noticed when this topic came up. I saw some shuffling over here to my left, Rick just giggling.
Speaker 5: And if I asked for some, If I asked for some, don't give me any right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which explains why Adler's hanging around these four seats over here, like an arrangement was made. And goodbye to are peanut pretzels Darlen Yeah yeah, Darlene Durham handing out gum? Is it gummies? Did they decide they're just saying they're just saying edibles? Now they claim on this edible thing that like you're not supposed to eat like the whole candy bar. I don't think. I don't know anything about these edible Yeah, like they have any of them. Some of them are in candy bars, I think, And they say don't eat the whole War One setting really I've heard of a lot of I know a lot of people will take the edge off with these gummies. Yeah that are that have a little kick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to read and see what it was. Joe Rogan has a stand up comedy bit that says, y'all need to calm down with these gummies because a tiny little gummy bear shouldn't be able to change my life or something along those lines. Okay, funny, it shouldn't make me think like I'm teleporting. I forget the line.
Speaker 3: It's a good job, I know.
Speaker 5: Look, I know Bill caused me a bought Madden stand up different standard. You just can't get a win, right, Sorry, call me Jerry Seinfeld. So I'm thinking to myself, I'm eating these so uh yeah, people are talking about Greg what Why do you have so much information on marijuana edible?
Speaker 3: I just know stuff?
Speaker 11: Right? You know that?
Speaker 3: Would you seem to really be like you took the floor there from it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: I look at me right here, look at me. No, huh, I'm scared of all that.
Speaker 5: The police say it doesn't matter whether girl, whether the girl asked for the edible or not, it's still against the law to give drugs or alcohol to minors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well yeah, and that's a good rule. Yeah, that's is a good rule.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so that's uh, that's out there today. And I think that if that's your sonic there in Tulsa, you got a new manager coming. Oh yeah, that's just dangerous.
Speaker 5: Arlen.
Speaker 3: Also, uh, we have another person that maybe shouldn't be doing what they're doing for a living. VID here's the headline. Nine one one operator is charged with hanging up on nine one one callers. Now, see when we call nine one one, that's a pretty big deal hanging up And it looks like she's no longer going to be maybe not cut out for that job if she's annoyed by callers, because you're going to get some So here we go.
Speaker 30: Krishanda Williams allegedly had no time for emergency callers, had no time to.
Speaker 3: Talk to us either.
Speaker 30: After getting a court appointed attorney, Williams refused to answer any questions on why she allegedly hung up on people calling nine to one one for help. One caller was trying to report a store robbery that resulted in the clerk being killed.
Speaker 22: There was one reporting where she hung up on a gentleman who was calling to report people who were racing on the freeways, And after the phone call is disconnected, you can still hear her speaking, and what she says is, ain't nobody got time for this?
Speaker 5: For real?
Speaker 30: Williams only faces two misdimeter counts of interference with an emergency telephone call, But there could be many more cases out.
Speaker 3: There going out and look, I think they're they're armed. Ain't nobody got time for that? Right now? This is nine one one? Yeah, nobody got what was that? Just the man of a thousand voices being the nine one one operator. How about that fine attorney she had with her? He looked good, you know, he was, well, Greg, who's gonna take that case? Who's gonna take that case? I mean, what lawyer's going on? Which situation here? She worked for nine one one? She'd hang up when people go she was annoyed. Didn't have time for that. Somebody died, don't forget. Yeah, somebody died in one of them. I think I'll pass on that case. Thank you, though, for bringing it up, so you finally get down to somebody that'll take it. Ain't nobody got time for that?
Speaker 5: Okay, So this recently went viral. But this is an old story, but it just recently viral again, that's my bad. But I thought it was hilarious this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you cannot win.
Speaker 5: Call me Bill.
Speaker 3: Have we already done the story before? Because you know we'll do that. By the way, if you referenced Bill Cosby, you know one in here is going to take a drink from you. No, that's okay, so right, got anything from Let me get you something to drink. Now, let somebody else go.
Speaker 5: We're good, y'all need me water.
Speaker 3: But still, even though this is an old story and Adler can't get a win, it's I I am with you, it is still funny. How can you be caught off How can you be caught off guard by taking that job saying I tell what I don't like this When people keep calling with a bunch of emergencies, trying to hassle me, call me all the time. Can you imagine if you finally get I mean, you're in a situation, you finally get your phone or maybe it's whatever you you speed, I've got nine one one, you think finally? And also nobody got time for that? Click? Are they coming? Is help coming? I think they hung up on us. Let's just say, maybe she should have got another job. Maybe you're not cut out for this one. They did say so. But you know what, Adler, good for you. Now, this was not in the story. It says apparently there's an update. She's now a manager at a sonic and she tied together it all right, she had she had a little bounce back. Did they ever get the text texting to nine one one?
Speaker 5: Did they? Because I know it's available in certain areas. Did that ever go nationwide?
Speaker 23: Do you all remember?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: Sounds right? Problem?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because if you're like hiding in the closet, that would be bunction. It'd be better to text than say I'm in here.
Speaker 3: I said I'm in here. Now you're here. You're right, everybody be careful. Adler's pressing the next story. I want to hear. I'm in here and Bill Cosby's out there, and I'm thinking to myself, how can you find me? I'm literally hiding. I know I got that Burgess ball battle coming up next.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the edge.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well, there's the box seats today that come from all over getting along nicely, especially these four over here. They seem jolly and relaxed and hungry. But anyway, they're standing by him. People coming from all over getting to know each other. But now we force them to compete. Two of them will be competing in the Burgess Ball Battle. Here's how it works. The person that scores the most points in thirty seconds and they go at the same time on our two basketball goals. The winner goes to the wheel has a chance to win, and then, of course the loser still gets a chance at the wheel. The only thing is they won't win. Whatever it lands on. It shows them what they could have won if they've done a better job of scoring more points. So it is time for the Burgess Ball Battle, and so I'm going to send it over to you, speedy yep, and you can take over and bring in our winners.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 3: We're over here at the Burgess Ball court, and I've got two contestants here. First up is Clay Furrow.
Speaker 7: Just go Clay.
Speaker 3: Clay is coming up and he looks serious. I'm just gonna tell you that. Next up, Jared Goodman has been drawn. Jared, Now, Jared Jared, who says I've never won anything that I probably want him be drawn. And here he is. Here he is. Guys, pick pick wherever goal you want to be a fellas both of them in camp, you get a shot that well, is that who brought the grits? Okay? All right, so we have so we have Clay taking on Jared. Let me get this thing going.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 3: You have thirty seconds. I'll tell you when to go. You have thirty seconds. The last ten seconds counts as threes. Okay. I just ask for no elbow hitting, no biting. Other than that, we're good to go. All right, hang on and.
Speaker 5: Go all right.
Speaker 3: So now they both have the underhand approach. That's the interesting. Jared is up to four to two. All right, now Clay's got it tied up four to four. Clay's gone up six to four. Now eight six Clay eight eight, Now ten to eight plays. We have fifteen seconds left. Right now, Clay is up by four, sixteen to twelve, ten seconds left. Things start counting as threes. Twenty one seventeen. Clay is up five seconds left now twenty now thirty to twenty. Clay is winning. Oh my goodness, Jared, you can't have anything. Clay has one, Clay, you're Furrow.
Speaker 5: Furrow has one.
Speaker 3: He has one. Uh, don't go anywhere. Don't go anywhere, Jared, because you will spin and just imagine what you could have won. Greg, did you were you surprised he was able to score with his T shirt tucked him. You know what that's true because you live.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was afraid your arms would be stuggling because you get chucked in and he went underhanded and got it done. So now Clay, you go to the to the wheel. Yep. So when you go to this wheel, I am. I just want you to know money, it has been cold lately. Yeah, it's you. It's it's up to you. You can go with. Let me show this will all I got. You can go with finesse. Yeah. I hope you've thought this through in case this moment was given to you. So Clay Furrow, what we want you to do is say it's will to me, and then you give that will a spin.
Speaker 5: It's will.
Speaker 3: Let's go here we go?
Speaker 23: All right?
Speaker 12: I like this.
Speaker 3: They went with somewhere in between. Yeah, all right, pretty good spin there. I think it's very good speed. Yeah, all right, let's see where it is. Come on, come on, will come on? Will no no no no no no no no no no no, it's okay. So no money, no no money. But you did win a Blaze TV subscription, which is very cool. You get one year of Blaze TV. Pretty good. That's that's not bad. Now it's not money, no, it is nothing.
Speaker 5: You bought it.
Speaker 3: It would be money, but you're getting it for free. So really, in speedy, it's as good as money. And Speedy of course immediately knew the value of getting something free. And so yeah, now now let's uh help Now, now we're gonna go with oh yeah, we got.
Speaker 1: Jared.
Speaker 3: It was it was on DJ Rick, Yeah, dj Rick Jarrett.
Speaker 8: Are you ready, buddy, Jared who says I can't have nothing just like Gary? Yes, which is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Boy, Jared. If this thing lands on money after you lost the Burgess ball battle right out the door, okay, Well, buddy, when you're ready to say it's it's not will to me, and then let's see what you would have won if you had just scored more points in the Burgess Ball battle, Yeah, it's all right. Would you have gone with finance man a little bit?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Here you're about to win five hundred bucks. Here it comes. Oh oh yeah, oh okay.
Speaker 31: You.
Speaker 3: Were one click off on winning five hundred dollars, and you would have had Greg just tell you something that he hates, yeah, which I mean he could do that in the second. That would have been That would have been good. Don't get him on the mic beams. I gotta get a library. I had one least. Okay, So again a good Burgess ball battle. I thought it was, you know, but that wheel, it just it's getting stingy.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: It is as stingy as it can be. So so let's meet some of them and then we'll probably can't get them all in before the segment's over, but well we'll we'll see.
Speaker 5: You see, we can do.
Speaker 3: The box saw pit is yelling at every body. He is up next David and Bess Stevens. Here they come, David and Best Stevens Athens, Georgia. How about you know about them dogs, Marley? About that well, Nikky that Dicky Nema. I would say the dogs wouldn't know good. So they took abama coach over to get them turned around. It's almost like the dogs and can thank the tide. You're welcome. So you you are here, David from Athens, and Beth is here now. Beth made her way all the way to the Vox seats from Colorado. So best step up. We're part of Colorado.
Speaker 11: Do you live in I'm from well, I live in Loveland, Colorado right now, so northwest ish.
Speaker 3: But you're you're from Athens, Lexington. Okay, but you came back to Athens then to the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: He picked me up from there for Colorado for five years now five years?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, she would know about the gummies, you would you would know about all the edibol, Greg, you said, over and mistake?
Speaker 2: What and you?
Speaker 3: You and David came to the game yesterday? Yes, yes, saw the game? Yes, okay, yeah, that's something you had to witness at It was great. So what were your thoughts with sadness on the game?
Speaker 5: No, it was good.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're so sweet. His team got hammered, our team got beat really bad, and there were some good moments and there were some sad moments. So said, yeah, So do you have a shout out or a question?
Speaker 11: A couple of shout outs one my fiance Navarre in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love.
Speaker 5: Him very much.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then he's gonna hate this because he's the most humble, sweet guy ever. But my dad, like ever since the Reckon Bubba Show. He actually introduced me to it when we were dad, and it's been a fun way to connect. And so I've always been looking for tickets. He is the hardest person to buy stuff for because he like, he just cares about being together.
Speaker 20: Yeah, finding something cool.
Speaker 11: As soon as I got tickets, like I've always been looking.
Speaker 3: So that's cool. Well, David, so you you were there yesterday.
Speaker 24: Yep, yep, quite an athletic.
Speaker 3: Well I was hoping you would say that, but you know, I know you were thinking, you know, for a sixty year old. Wow, look at him move exactly.
Speaker 24: He is the one to doublin Georgia next week. Oh no, No, you've got anything for Larry.
Speaker 3: You got any patches? And we got a patch later right here. Listen, if you go to by his house, you're going to go buy his cigarettes. Yeah, and we talked that he likes black and Mom set his WiFi up while you're there. Yeah if you Yeah, that's right. You need you so so you you your daughter says, you've you've always been Uh, you know, keeping her in the loop. You raised her on the Rick and Bubby Show and now you've you've moved into this show. And how you liking the new show?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 24: You know, probably fifteen years and we don't have an affiliate, so I don't really know. Wow, we found you.
Speaker 3: How do you catch the show now? It's it's on the podcast on the podcast. Okay, do you have a shout out our question?
Speaker 24: No, I'm just glad to be here to.
Speaker 3: The game yesterday. I think we can get two more. How about Allison and Clay Furrow Clay coming off as they make their way up to the Big Boy. So Clay, we just we just watched your performance. Great job on the on the Burgess Ball Battle. Uh, but you got a Blaze TV subscription, so so welcome to both of you. Do you have any shout out your questions?
Speaker 31: I think the only thing I'm curious about with Gary's competition, how if he figures that out? Let me know, because I would love to somebody win something for me, but the prize is to take me. Honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good. Sound that's nice boy? He was really good.
Speaker 5: He figures that out.
Speaker 14: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Ye, he's working on it. I mean, you know, you take me to your place and let me hunt. Well we'll maybe we'll you win a hunt to take me to your place. So where are y'all from? Grove Hill, Alabam, Grove Alison. You have any shout out your questions.
Speaker 5: I had a question.
Speaker 27: I know on the previous show y'all had done interns, and I'm just curious if y'all were planning on bringing.
Speaker 3: Him back or we've tried it. Actually we had For some reason, the intern program seemed to be harder to deal with now and we have to because of all the different laws and stuff. It needs to be for college credit, and so we had some lineup ready to go. When Greg asked that question, they kind of backed away, And that tells me they might have been in high school instead of college. So it has not been an easy deal for some reason. But we may get aggressive about that and try that again. There's good and bad that comes with it, but there's always a lot of fun, no doubt. So yeah, we're looking at that again. But right now it just it seems to be more difficult to do than it was in the past. So thanks for supporting in the past. We just broke the roads. Didn't realize I think it was a lot of that. Thanks both of you for us, thanks to the old show and to this show. All right, so we'll come back. We got more people in the seats that we will meet and they'll have questions and shout outs as well, So we'll work through the rest of the box seats when we get back. Still more stories to come. Still more unscreened phone call to come. Uh and uh we'll unpack those for you too, and maybe a hay burge hay urge another question there before we leave today. Hang around. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show in the world that has gone nooks. They are here too.
Speaker 3: To quote show, we're back and we are grinding to another one, and we're glad that you are here today. From the text line, should I be concerned that my wife keeps telling me she likes watching Adler's shorts during the break?
Speaker 30: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he's yeah. What is a short video? Short video?
Speaker 5: Actual short video?
Speaker 3: Short video? It's a good question, and you should you should see you know you can always, but I do I understand The husband wanted to follow up on some clarification. Yeah, that's fair at this hour. He dedicates it to that pretty cold all right, here we go more people from the Vox seats today. We have next Jarrett Goodman and Monica Mulla. Here they come. Jaredt also was in the Burgess ball battle. Did not fare very well. He fought hard, he gave it all he had. So it comes to the big boy microphone. So you never you never went anything hard.
Speaker 20: I'm just glad I got I got to get up. That was the first one.
Speaker 3: Where are you from? I'm from Penson, Vincent, Alabama? What about you? Monica? Where you from?
Speaker 5: Florida?
Speaker 3: Florida, Florida?
Speaker 12: A right?
Speaker 3: Good? Which situation here between you two?
Speaker 20: Rick, we've been dating almost two years? So two years years?
Speaker 3: What are you thinking of that? Monica hasn't been a good two years of me? How much was he was he waiting on?
Speaker 20: She hadn't get tired of me yet?
Speaker 3: That okay, So what's what's the hold up?
Speaker 5: They came here, came here already lost.
Speaker 20: Not trying to move too fast. A lot of people do that these days.
Speaker 3: And seven year wisdom.
Speaker 20: There's there's a lot more divorces these days now than ever Wow, that's true.
Speaker 3: That sounded that sounds like you've said that before. So so any any shout out your questions?
Speaker 20: I actually have a few shout outs my mom and dad, Mike and Stephanie, uh, my uncle Keith who might be watching, I don't know Keith. And my little cousin Caroline, she's like she's young.
Speaker 3: Well sweet, how about you? How about you? Monica questions? Your shout outs just a couple of closer to my dad and my stepmom Olivia. Are they still in Florida?
Speaker 11: Yes, my whole family is in Florida.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thanks both of you for being here today. I hope you have had fun and enjoy the rest of the show.
Speaker 20: I didn't have one claestion. So what did y'all have to go to school for? And how long to do the radio thing?
Speaker 3: Greg, I'm sorry, I'll set this one. Well, we'll set this one now.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, now there was how long we we? You can get it done in four years? It took me six. But I have and you probably have noticed this already. I have a degree in sociology because I couldn't seem to get out of college and I'd taken a lot of those classes and I have a minor in communications. Uh. So I went six years, some at Troy, some at Jacksonville State University. But the campus radio station at Jacksonville State was the the key and getting my foot in the door so that I didn't I can't remember a lot about the classes, but I did. And how long take it? You take me about the same. You know, I want to be a lawyer. First majored in political science and realized I wasn't smart enough, switched over to TV production, uh and then transferred from Missippi State to jack State. And that's where I met the guys, and you're right, Rick W l j S. The cabs rail station.
Speaker 8: I remember the late great Joe Langston who was a teacher and my advisor and legend anchor in Birmingham. He said, you know you grades are important, but what's on that resume and what you can do when you're in communications is the key. And he said, and we have all of that here at this campus and some of you aren't doing anything.
Speaker 3: And I was like, is he talking to me? I was majoring and partying that and until your credit you know what, you were a great student. It was thank you.
Speaker 9: It was a.
Speaker 8: It was a it was a great party, but no, And so I went and volunteered at the college radio station, and uh and the rest is history.
Speaker 3: Great. Well, you I talking about my college. It was two semesters, but wow to but to full semester. Yeah, I mean I got the social part down. If they just had class at Brothers Bar, I think, right, yeah, Greg, well, uh, but what you do you get a sibling to get successful in radio and then you just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of did the same thing as Speedy. I was a zoology major, and then I was like, wow, a lot of science.
Speaker 3: Classes in this I was gonna run a zoo.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be I wanted to be Steve Irwin so bad guys, the crocodile hunter, Pittriot. I really really did. And I was like, wow, a lot of science, Okay, a lot of math. What do y'all got? Okay, radio, television, film, I'll do that. So I learned so much more at the campus radio station and the campus TV station, honestly that I than I did in the classroom. I gotta say, so, if you can get around professionals, and I'm not calling myself one, because that's for dangsh sure, but don't.
Speaker 3: You sell yourself short if you can intended or.
Speaker 5: Even or even look at some of the stuff that the professionals put out. It's everywhere on social media now. YouTube is full of so much knowledge and information that it wasn't around when we started. So that's a huge resource that a lot of stuff is free just online. You can find a better anyway.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you all for being here today. Thank you for having a great question. All right, up next? Is it Frable Frable?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: How you said? Uh? Tyler and Lauren Frable? Here they come making their way to the big boy microphone. So where are you guys from? Uh?
Speaker 5: I grew up in Fort Paynt, Alabama, Fort Payne Album.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what what about you? Lauren?
Speaker 32: Right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Neighborhood, y'all have any shout out your questions.
Speaker 29: I'll give a couple of shout outs to my mom Brandy and Fort Payne, and then my grandmother mem who's driving.
Speaker 1: She's from Golden Springs.
Speaker 3: County.
Speaker 5: She's driving today.
Speaker 1: She told me she'll be tuning in.
Speaker 3: Okay, she caught that. What about you, Lauren?
Speaker 32: My parents Susan and yb I grew up you know listening to you guys. The National Anthem woke me up every morning on my boom box. My dad would play the show driving.
Speaker 3: To school out here. You are continuing on with the new show. That's good. Thanks and hope you had fun today.
Speaker 29: We did, and I got one question. So we have a common threat. I was telling Greg earlier. As we know, he was a big character on the old show. Hopefully can come around a little more with Gerald Kates erl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as long as Greg, we're gonna have Kates.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I'd love to hear some more of them on the radio. So I guess that's a shout out indirectly. You know you've hunted with Gerald from last weekend. Last week Yeah, last weekend.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine. Was it squirrel We were turkey on Turkey squirrel Dogs?
Speaker 20: Oh my god, I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He talked all about him. We don't exaggerate. He's Gerald Case is strange.
Speaker 29: You think he's a character and then you made him in real life and that's just as who he is.
Speaker 3: Funny Greg said, I heard him telling you this. I think Gerald Case would just entertain himself.
Speaker 1: No, certainly, you know he.
Speaker 3: Messes with people even without an audience. Yeah, thank you both for being here today. Enjoy the rest of the show. Thank you, Gerald Cage. I didn't he just honey with him last week? Yeah right, I'm sure Joe give him some kind of nickname or so. Yeah. All right, Time of the hour. We still have one more, but this one's been back and forth with He's good, He's good. Yeah, yeah, coming out of the next All right, man, We're not responsible for what happened to all. Time of the Hour. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, Prodcasting the Real.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: It's time for the Rig Burgess Show. Who's ready?
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Here we go, brand new hour, Speedy, Greg Nander all here, The Vox seats are full. We've had a Burgess ball battle, We've reviewed the softball game, Adler's national anthem. We've gone through a number of stories. So if you missed any of that today, go back and catch it on our daily archives, either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. Also, don't forget time running out for make Mama smile again. If you want Mama to be entered in the contest, she does need to have some teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we've covered this good night. April thirtieth is the cutoff. Get your mama injured for seventeen thousand dental makeover from Dudney in the game No dentures. April thirtieth is approaching, all right. So we just had two others we want to say hello to out of the vox seats from last hour. And that's that's Tim and Jude Kinner coming up to the big boy microphone Father Sunday, Father Sunday having some time together. So Tim, Tim, Yeah, he's going to say, give a shout out to so too many questions? Where are you from? First off? Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Alabama County? Bring it, uh northern part of the county. Uh, all right, you have a shout out? Our question?
Speaker 16: I got a shout out. Uh my wife, Sammy, his mama. She's told me.
Speaker 3: I told her I'd do it for her. And I just had a question for Adler.
Speaker 16: You got more of them gummies back there? I asked the chick from Colorado. No, No, I know somebody at Sonic. If you're looking, you know.
Speaker 3: There you go? Yeah, Jude, come ever, Boddy, So how are you good to see you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, how old are you? Eleven? Eleven. So so you got any questions your shout outs? No, happy to have you enjoyed it so far. I understand you just made the journey to the bathroom. How about that? So is it as far as you thought it would be? Pretty far? It's a long way, isn't it. Yeah, yeah, well it's all right. Look we do that. We do this and talking these mics. It can't be that hard. If we can do it, we're a bunch of goods. I hope you enjoy the rest of the show. Okay, nice to meet you.
Speaker 5: Even almost taller than education field trip.
Speaker 3: And the break we're gonnalet you stand by Adler say who's taller?
Speaker 5: It might be that's not I hate I hate this.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we we we won't then all right, no.
Speaker 5: More kids allowed in the in the seats. So if they're taller than me, they're not allowed.
Speaker 3: They're out speedy. I have a little something for you. This is uh, this is courtesy of the hay bird. Hey bird, really so we have this. This is coming to you. Let me see what's the name of the person, Sullivan Sulm. Is this a song?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 3: Huh? Oh, hey bird, hey bird, I have a little something for you to play for Speedy on the show. Are you ready just for me? Are you ready for this? I'm ready? Okay, here we go and you can play this when it's a It's at Speedy from Mississippi.
Speaker 25: He's a talking man, got a story for every moment, quick with in his hand. But whenever you're listening, sure as the sun turns real healan in close and say, now you know what Hoby said.
Speaker 5: Now Hoby said this.
Speaker 3: Hobby said that he's the sharpest fellow you can't debate.
Speaker 4: Down around town or the tavern fnny, words always spread, Monny.
Speaker 5: It all loops back to you know what Hoby's saying. We're fishing by the river. Oh yeah, first oecast in the stream, Speedy. He's got a twinkle like he's build in a dream.
Speaker 4: Right, that's what Hobby said, call me catfish wants big as you're his.
Speaker 6: You guess it.
Speaker 5: That's one Hobby's saying.
Speaker 3: Now he said this.
Speaker 33: And said that.
Speaker 5: He's the sharpest fella. You can't debate that.
Speaker 3: Hobby said this round town on.
Speaker 5: The tavern, the words always spree.
Speaker 4: It alls back to you know, Hoby said, there you go, and you like that you.
Speaker 3: Gotta get that to me, and I mean, right now, that's a good one. That is fun. So I'll I'll send that to you right now. So thank you Suliman for sending that celibate. Fine, I laughed pretty hard. I'm sending it over to you right now. So Mary Catherine, his wife, gets in out of it right. Well, you it's funny. Let's love that song.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 8: The hope I'm doing is really more of an intern kind of pitch. He said, he's lower a little bit lower now.
Speaker 3: Because he becomes somebody's daddy. He's dropped his octave a little bit. He said, I need, I need to lower it a little right when he gets excited, it's still it's still up a little. Yeah, it's still up there a little bit. He's daddy. From the text line, somebody also asking from text Nation, has Gary ever met Gerald Kates. Oh yeah, the answer is yes. They're friends. Oh yeah, they like. He loves little Hubbard, all of them. Let me tell you we did that thing to little Lee Hubbard. I mean he I mean, that's just funny. I sit around think about that sometimes when I'm having a bad day. I guarantee you it's one of those that he you know, the one obviously, the one he pulled on Dawson is the best one. But this has got to be number two, right. I mean Lee took it hook line and sinker, and Gary was his gloating. Yeah, those that don't know this, little Lee Hubbard has an airplane and is a pilot. Yeah. And he flew y'all to meet Gary where we're going fishing. So are you getting a mistake? I can't remember something to do that with Gary. And they flew in from up a part of the state. And Gary had people set up like they were going to expect the plane and find something. They found something wrong with it, and that someone had reported that they might be smuggling they might be smuggling drugs. And they got to ask them for a bunch of paperwork and they knew enough about it to make it sound legit and leave panicked. And it worked. And then he came and we're laughing. The guy kept saying, I tell you what, if they keep laughing and calling on, we're gonna show y'all holf. I mean, he went on and on. He looked, y'all quit, This is serious, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 8: That's a serious prank. You you and the whole farm prank. I mean those are serious.
Speaker 3: You have fun pranks and you have yeah, some of them get out of you know, in time, walls around and stuff. No, I will tell you if you if you'll scan these seats to day, and I have been. It may be hard to live it. But the audience loves this kind of stuff.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 3: They when they sense that the show has lost control or something possibly real bad could happen, they're sick people that love it. I mean, I see him giggling. Oh the little Garrett thing the other day. She can't stop laughing about it. Oh yeah, and she's telling him and he's about an arc. Have you missed it? Yeah you do. Yeah, it wasn't very much fun for us. It's no, it is.
Speaker 8: It's April twenty seconds show. It's the one that everybody's talking about.
Speaker 3: The whole show. Yep, yeah, the whole show. I don't know what was going Onler got out of control.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's it's it's uh yeah, and I'm hearing for this hour we have a Franklin story coming out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, frank yeah, yeah, I cannot wait for that. His step down to him and Franklin. Something's happened again with frank Yeah, I cannot wait for it. Adler look keeps rubbing his forehead. Yeah, I know, I know. All right, we'll come back, and I want to hear that we'll come back. No, don't you sing to Franklin. Have you tried that?
Speaker 5: Franklin doesn't like me.
Speaker 3: I don't think you like No.
Speaker 5: I'm the only one that feeds him, takes him out, takes care of him. He hates me.
Speaker 3: I'd like for Franklin and Millie You're dog. Greg. To me, that'd be a bad something in common. They both hate y'all, and they would, you know what, they would produce offspring that equally hates Adler and Greg. Yeah, that'd be a good looking dog. We'll be right back. Stay closer.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show, doing what he was foring to do, The Rick Butcher's Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us today, Speedy, Greg Adler, All here, Box seats hanging out today. We have had a blast. Any part of the show you miss catch it, catch it on our daily archives either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. Also go to Helisleep dot com slash big Box. This is your opportunity to get a customized mattress make just for you. Take the sleep quiz. They'll ask how you sleep, what position you normally sleep in or positions, and how you like a mattress.
Speaker 31: Is it for you?
Speaker 3: Is it are you beg and tall? Is it for a kid? They'll customize one from their twenty unique mattresses and they'll send it right to you to your door. You have one hundred nights to sleep on it to make sure that you love it, and you will. It's customized for the situation, and if you don't, they'll refund the money, but you will. You can sleep on it for up to one hundred nights. Helixsleep dot com slash big Vox save twenty percent. Helix Sleep dot com slash big Vox save twenty percent. Also the link of Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. You could have slept better last night if that had been a customized mattress just for you. All right, So we go to Adler. Uh, there's been an ongoing issue with him, and I guess we should say step dog because you're not as real dad. And when you married your wife, Aaron, it was just the two of them and Franklin apparently liked it that way. And Franklin, You've come in there, and he's never really embraced you, has he. No, you don't treat him.
Speaker 5: Like I treat them equally. I have the equal disdain for them.
Speaker 3: And everybody's got a picture in their mind of Franklin. Describe Franklin. Yeah, Franklin is a basket hound German shepherd. That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard when it comes to that.
Speaker 5: He's very long, but his legs are very short, and he has the face and head of a German shepherd and the legs of a baskets. Here's a weird movie, like here's a dog with normal proportions like Kevin, you know, and then here's Franklin.
Speaker 3: You are making fun of him, like you.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you call it, chicken tender legs. I don't know what you call drumsticks?
Speaker 3: Were there no other puppies to choose from?
Speaker 5: She picked it out, like you said, this is uh, Aaron. My wife has had Franklin for a very long time. He's he's been a serious part of her life longer than I have.
Speaker 3: And he knows it, and he knows it he must have been a cute puppy. Yes, he might have just been an active grace and mercy. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: So he struggles to like me, and he struggles with storms. On Wednesday we had both. I was in his life and so was a storm. So on Wednesday I get home and the storms are rolling in and Franklin, I guess knows this. He's got some kind of weird or something. And I have a part of our laundry room. I have built a wooden partition to give the dogs an entire room with couches in it and water and two toys. They have half of our laundry room and it's a large laundry room. Not trying to brag, And that wouldn't I built the wood because he broke through several plastic ones.
Speaker 3: I've made this out of deer I've made it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've made it out of deer fence to keep him in because the dude is an escape artist. So I was very concerned when I got home on Wednesday to let the dogs out before getting going to get the kids.
Speaker 3: And then later I had church practice that night.
Speaker 5: I'm playing playing drums at church.
Speaker 3: I thought, you're going to church no, that's that which I need to do.
Speaker 5: So it was concerning when I opened my outside door and Franklin greeted me as if he owned the place, like, hey, what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Come on in.
Speaker 5: I'm like, why are you here? You should not be here? And then he walks outside like it was just normal. He just walked outside like it was just normal. I'm like, oh no, and I know what I'm about to walk into, and that is the pre storm purge.
Speaker 3: And also control of all his bowels.
Speaker 5: It's like he's he's trying to lose weight or something before he has to run. No, So I let both of the dogs out, which I do every day, and what they do. They run into the backyard and I don't have a fence, but they stay in the area. They're old dogs, fourteen and fifteen years old, right, And then they go up on the deck and I and they hang out on the deck and then I'll come out four or five minutes, ten sometimes later, and I'll shut the gate so that they don't go anywhere. And I thought Franklin did that because he did. So he goes outside while I'm cleaning.
Speaker 3: Up his everywhere, and so you're so disgusted.
Speaker 5: I'm so just sad, and I'm like, I can't believe this is my life. And then it hits me, you know what, I think I might be worried, Like it hit me. I was literally like I had a trash bag in my hands and I set it down to go outside because I just had a weird feeling. And I go up on the deck and just Kevin is up there. No Franklin, you knew it. No Franklin. Oh, And I'm worried. Honestly, I'm worried at this moment, are y'all? At this moment, this storm is rolling in and he is here, and it starts pouring and I can't find Franklin. And y'all, I am now walking around my house in larger and larger circles. I have a rain jacket on. I'm walking in the storm. It is pouring down. The storm moved in so fast. It was such an angry storm. And I'm literally going frank and it's like my cries are being drowned out by lightning and thunder. That is literally what I'm doing. And y'all, I'm starting to panic. I am, because because this dog means a lot to our family to our family, I said, our family, And so y'all, I keep looking and i realize I'm walking in the rain and I'm not covering enough ground. Yes, I never ran walked.
Speaker 3: Do you do you want to find Franklin or just air and not mad at you?
Speaker 5: Oh? I want Franklin back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because your family, your family loves him, including you. I want Franklin back.
Speaker 5: I want frank in my life. He gives me so much positive things. He's not a negative at all.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, think how much you'll miss cleaning up poop and from this, they're old dogs.
Speaker 5: I really am trying to. I have to tell myself every single day they're old dogs. Chris, just appreciate the time. Every day every day I have to tell myself that I'm just being real and so I'm mind I'm not covering enough ground. I'm not covering enough ground. It has been now been fifteen minutes, and as the time just the more time and the more rain, and the just is just horrible. He has a caller on, but because he's worked his way through that gate so many times, he actually broke his little name off of course, so he doesn't have the name or the phone number. So he's just a dog with just a caller, the German Hounds. He's just a weird looking dog with a caller. And you know, I'm talking to everybody. There's like kids in the neighborhood getting dropped off. I'm like, hey, have you guys seen a dog? And like, why is the guy in a van yelling at these kids in the rain? This is horrible, and so yeah, I had to cover more ground. I have to cover more ground.
Speaker 3: I'm a dog.
Speaker 5: It's now been thirty minutes and I'm in the van. I'm driving around my neighborhood in larger and larger circles. I talked to the UPS person, Hey, hey, if you if you see a dog, it's weird looking short if you if you're weird black and brown, weird looking dog, it's mine, let me know. Then the FedEx lady, I talked to her, the post office lady. I'm talking to everybody I can possibly and it's I'm driving around with my van windows down, going and I'm like, I can't believe this is my life. I can't believe this is my life. I can't believe this is my life, y'all. I looked for an hour in the rain and still no Franklin. And I know that I'm supposed to go pick up the kids. My wife is just now getting out of school, so I have to call. I have to make the call at call Aaron, Hey, Hey, how is how is school today? Nothing's wrong, you know that whole thing. And she can tell and I'm like, hey, Franklin took off in the storm and and I don't know where he is. I've been looking for him for an hour. And she freaks out and she's like, oh my goodness, I'm coming home right now. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, no, you go get the kids. I'll continue to look, but we do. We need to get the kids. That way, we don't have to do this later while still looking for Franklin if he doesn't. So she goes She's getting the kids. Now, I'm still looking for Franklin, circling around. The rain has led up. Now it's even just like an easy and I did pray you did you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did, y'all honestly for my wife. Here's what I'm picturing. Here's what picture sleeping. Going to bed at night. It's going to be so rough and you're not gonna get sleep y'all. I have to give a huge shout out to the FedEx lady. I run into the FedEx lady again and she goes, hey, was it like a short, weird looking dog. I'm like, yes, that's him, Yes, she's he's over there. He was a mile and a half at some random house in a carport, trying to sniff some cat that was not impressed. I found Franklin a mile and a half away.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: No, the neighbor lady who was like, oh, is this your dog? And I'm like, yeah, yeah, come on buddy, And she's like, why is that dog not really coming towards you? That's kind of weird. I'm like, he's my doss.
Speaker 1: Here's the Rick Burgers Show. Did you miss part of the show today? Catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel. For the day's show archive. Find them both at rickburgershow dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Adler loses Franklin our and many people are texting this right now. Did you ever think to yourself that at one point you were kind of a long haired, bearded guy in a van with both winds down, shouting out a name that could be for a child, frank Clinton, Franklin get in this van? All that was missing? I guess a bag of candy? Did did you? Wasn't the best look?
Speaker 5: Yeah, When I asked the kids for help and said I'll give you candy if you help me, that wasn't goo good.
Speaker 3: Okay, yids, have y'all seen my dog? Okay, creeper? Yeah.
Speaker 5: In fact, my brother and his family live in the neighborhood, and one of them he was going to visit him, one of the carpool kids that I asked about his friends with my nephew, Luke's son.
Speaker 3: So Luke actually called me later day He's like, hey, buddy, did you lose a dog?
Speaker 5: So we got around the neighborhood that there was a strange man driving around in a van looking for a dog or talking to kids.
Speaker 3: Was there ever the book of blame?
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh yes, yes? And then I acted like I saved the day. When Aaron got home, I'd already gotten Franklin back, and I acted like yep, found him, tracked him, tracked him like a tracker, tracked him down.
Speaker 3: How soon did you get the well, why weren't you watching him better?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 5: From the jump. Yeah, like I said, I'm sorry on the phone. If I had found Franklin before making that call, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Does that accomplished?
Speaker 5: If she asked me, like, did anything weird happen today?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, every day something weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, yeah, Greg was nice to me, you know, so I would say.
Speaker 3: Something like that. If fed Ex lady doesn't help.
Speaker 5: You, don't do you ever find a fed Ex lady? I have to. In fact, I've got a cash money bill in my wallet that I'm I'm hoping to run into that lady again because FedEx lady not only told me where, she gave me the address she goes. I saw him at this address. I dropped a package off over there, and I wasn't even remotely in the area. It was a small side street. I would not have found him.
Speaker 3: Can I raise my hand? Think these things through? Would be weird. I'm in a van. I'm in a van, I'm long haired, bearded. Now I've got cash. Okay, I'm just telling you all these all these things are bad. You got to think these things through. I meant to pay you for you, ma'am coming over to my van. It's all bad. Just curious, just cured. How much money are you thinking here?
Speaker 5: I was going to give her a hundred bucks? Are really lost your mon y'all. Don't understand how much this dog, my dog, this this dog to my wife.
Speaker 3: I would have paid you and rescue Franklin. She just told you where he was.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have found him.
Speaker 3: Guys, thirty four y'all, it was that's warning bucks.
Speaker 5: That's worth it.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 5: Don't understand how much my wife loves this dog, and she she lost her cat last year. If I had lost that dog, I would have been almost I would I would clean up poop and pee every day rather than lose this dog, honestly, And and it haven't be my fault.
Speaker 3: Is that what you say to yourself that when you're cleaning up?
Speaker 5: Because I bet you don't, I will say it now.
Speaker 3: Is it your fault or the storm's fault? Do you share? Were you a little irresponsible for frank and a little bit? This is on Franklin. He's not a puppy, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, he's fifteen years old, you know, which is like seventy nine in dog gears. That one hundred dollars, I really, y'all, y'all don't understand how much look for no know how helpful she was. She was looking. She gave me the address. I would not have found her, and she didn't have to do that, and she was very very kind. And it's honestly the amount of y'all the I would never Aaron would have brought it up. We were, we had our fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: Now she would have brought it up.
Speaker 5: I love you, Chris.
Speaker 3: Of course you did leave let my dog out that I loved Chris. You're assuming you would get a fiftieth anniversar if you lost that dog. That's good. Forty remember lost the cat one time and thought it was clear of it, and he put a cage out and caught it back.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I need to watch the doors. I need to watch the gates.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you why the woman was so helpful. I think you were scaring the neighborhood. I think she was like, if we don't find this guy's dog, I don't know what he'll do.
Speaker 5: She was very helpful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well yeah, so if she's listening right now, she's gonna be circling her neighborhood looking for you.
Speaker 5: Hey, buddy, I heard what you said, I know your address too.
Speaker 3: So is this then back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here they are. Here's Ezra talking about the dogs are on the deck. And he's just wanted to show you guys how old these dogs are getting and and but we're all back together on the deck. So here here's Ezra talking about the dogs on the deck.
Speaker 3: Kirky Dick.
Speaker 5: What's that, kirky dick. Oh, yeah, the dogs are on the deck.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's saying, dogs are on the deck.
Speaker 32: You can't win.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's not happy with you about this. I think he I think he overheard what his mama was saying.
Speaker 20: I don't think you said that.
Speaker 5: I can't win.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine, Glad. I am running up. I didn't hear anything about the dog. Here they are, Hey, dogs are on the dead. Look at Kevin. He's old.
Speaker 5: My dogs are old.
Speaker 3: What is that on the left.
Speaker 5: That's that's Kevin, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like he's got a scream mask.
Speaker 5: Kevin is old you guys.
Speaker 3: One more time? More time here?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the dogs are on the deck.
Speaker 7: No, God, he's in your goofy.
Speaker 3: What a cute little.
Speaker 5: What a wonderful.
Speaker 3: What a great cute little tiny cute? You know you got me? You got me that? Well, that was good nice. Just go ahead and send that to drag he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dogs are on the deck.
Speaker 3: That's wishful thing. That's what you were saying. Yeah, no, that's not why no you miss hear me, Mimy called you talking about that.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, show your dogs again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's Kevin.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize Kevin was that old.
Speaker 5: I've been working here for fifteen years and I got when I first that's a pair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's of us. Can believe you named him Kevin? If Kevin a dog horror movie? Think of the stories with Kevin.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, skateboarding, living in the city.
Speaker 3: You remember, I brought it up in the break, the time he went to the hangout fast and there are no animals allowed at the hotel, and he snuck Kevin in and he would walk around like he had laundry and over.
Speaker 5: Snuck him in in his sheet, would do so, I'm just doing some more laundry again to that barking sounds.
Speaker 3: Like, man, this guy's in the hotel. He there's a lot of laundry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to take him out.
Speaker 3: Did the cleaning lady call you?
Speaker 5: Cleaning land was like I heard your dog barking in the bathroom. Like I was like, no, no, me have stomach problems. Cleaning lady had a burrito out of that food truck.
Speaker 3: Regrettable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't eat some Continental breakfast.
Speaker 3: By the way, Gregor Dabster think about it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my daddy.
Speaker 3: Uh, the greg the the text Nation. They're not gonna let this show end if we don't let you know this. Oh boy, Tiger King star Joe Exotic has now remarried. He's married. Blessed to me, he's married a fellow inmate while serving time for his murder for higher plot. Uh, they actually have wedding pictures. Stop? Can you do that in jail? This has got to be photoshop. You can't have waiting pictures in jail. Can you let me see you? I know you want in jail. Remember he thought that he was gonna get pardoned by President Trump. He made that when he got elected. But it doesn't look like it's working out. Gregory said they met they met in prison well, and said the relationship. He knew that he had found his husband after dropping his soap accidentally.
Speaker 5: So, uh, what's what's ez to say.
Speaker 3: That I want to spend? You can't do this in jail. Can't you go neck tattoo? He's in there? Well, I said, he Why did they? Why did he have what caps on? They made him at the border? Okay, in jail, but he meant to crawl down from some barbar wires. Okay, you're offending some of the seats again, Yes or Ezra, either one, I don't share, right, whichever one you have qu'ed up. I was wanting to see did they where are they?
Speaker 5: I don't understand how you can get this set up in this photoshop that's way to be. That's photoshop.
Speaker 3: That's from back in the day.
Speaker 5: Right, that's photoshop. That's photos they.
Speaker 3: Met in prison, right, they've never not they've never known each other. They looked like the light from the earlier times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the lighting is accurate on their face. I think. I think Joe Exotic evidently has access to photoshop in prison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we come back, unscreen phone calls. Let's go ahead. Oh keep, let's just keep on.
Speaker 5: He had a comment here he is, here's a comment.
Speaker 3: There's a comment.
Speaker 20: He did, We'll come back.
Speaker 3: Unscreen phone calls. Wrap up the hour eight eight six, Big Box.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Cold No, and get on the show one eight eight eighty six and baby box, all.
Speaker 3: Right, America. Unscreened phone calls. Wrapping up Birmingham, Alabama. Speedy's with you again tonight the Birmingham Stallions Protective five Stadium. So Speedy there this evening, so you'll enjoy that. If you missed any of the show, catch the archives over the weekend. Also another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold from the thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show. Some of those best of moments, all in its own podcast now fourteen episodes wherever you get podcasts? Another one coming out this weekend. Catch that wherever you get podcasts? All right, unscreen phone calls, Here we go eight eight eight six, Big Vox. I'm ready, Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Hey, but hey, that quick question. I just want some pigeons to let y'all's thoughts are on something.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 17: You know these people who stand next to the interstates. They always got a dog, always got a cell phone, always begging for job, to work.
Speaker 3: For this and that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, while you are continue on that, and I'll just say that listen.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, you know, I kind of thought we established pretty much since the eighties. I'm certainly not picking up any hitchhikers. I hate to say that, uh, but I always think to myself when I see someone, I understand companionship. But when someone seems to be hard on their luck and in need of money, it seems like the one thing you would do is cut your expenses. You wouldn't increase them. So when when I see someone having to find some way to feed a dog in themselves elves, maybe I tend to think, maybe they've chosen this life, and good for them, it does seem I remember one time we back in the Rick and other days, we try to help a man get a job, and he would not take the job because they would not let him bring his dog to work. So damren So Wilkins. Yeah, I always look at that and go I would minimize my cost if I were living off the grace of people to give me money and I had no way to get it myself. I think i'd minimize my expenses. Hello, you're on the Rick Burger Show. Unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 12: Ahead, Gibbon Adler for elder abuse.
Speaker 3: Kevin. He looks rough.
Speaker 5: He's one hundred and five and dog years.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about that, Rick. I know he's just fifteen, that's all he is.
Speaker 5: Real quick. I totally forgot this to end the story. On that same exact day, at the end of the day, I let I feed the dogs, I let the dogs out, and I forgot to put Franklin's special collar on that glows in the dark so I can keep track of him. And I was afraid he was gonna run out, run off again. So in that in that hurry, I run inside to get a callar, grab the collar, and I start running outside again before because I was afraid he's gonna run off again. And it's dark, it's wet, it's night, and I slipped with my phone in my hand. I slipped and hit the ground so hard I completely shattered my phone to peace. You can see if it just keeps. That was all in the same day. I cleaned up poop, looked for him in the rain, found him in the neighbor's house and shattered my phone.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 5: The dogs are just good forgot about that part of the story.
Speaker 3: That's a way to end it.
Speaker 5: But it's one of those times when you hit the ground so fast, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, that was it, and it happened so fast. Brain didn't even have time to communicate with your body. Just it just happens. What about we continue? Hello, Welcome to the Rick Bird's Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 23: I just came across something and I just wanted to clarification because I don't believe everything I.
Speaker 12: See on Facebook.
Speaker 33: But it's said that Bubba didn't leave the Rick and Bubba Show on his like he didn't want to leave.
Speaker 32: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Did you see that on on the on Facebook? Yeah? We we actually talked about that. That was something and Bubba even talked about it on the air that he was he wanted to try to continue, but there really was no opportunity to do that. And so we've never really hit that. I mean, bub Bubba talked about that even on the air, Uh, and all the when we announced it and on the the goodbyes as well.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, there really wasn't an opportunity that was sustainable to do that, and it was uh and and he no, I disagreed on that. So in the state of the show. So yeah, that that's been talked about many times. That's actually not new news. And when it's acted, when sometimes people bad like it is new. I'm always like, I don't know why we've never really, we've never really stepped around that. We've both been perfectly clear about that. You continue, Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 33: I got two things for Adler. One, I don't care what anybody says. By last night you accomplish one thing, you outperformed a Lady Gaga.
Speaker 3: Thank you, all right, all right?
Speaker 23: And Two.
Speaker 33: I heard you say something about playing drums. Why don't you put the toothpicks down and pick up a real set of drumsticks and see how them things feel.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, compare their I mean, is that a big deal.
Speaker 5: I don't understand the joke at all, honestly, But build me up and tear me down, my goodness, buddy.
Speaker 3: I mean marine, I'm intimidated by your sticks. I don't get that. I know drummers did that.
Speaker 5: I did because I didn't want to be too loud in the room. I did use like the hot rod sticks, which are like kind of like a bundle of sticks or what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a time for the bigger sticks.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe he goes to that church and knows what maybe because when.
Speaker 3: You say bigger sticks, just thicker, thicker, there's all kinds of difference. Ladler's all I know. You know, sometimes drummers you use brushes because of toning things down, different size sticks based on what is needed from the drums.
Speaker 5: And yeah, yeah, absolutely, And you see even mallets at times being sometimes I can cotton top on it and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you do interesting. Uh, hello, showed you. That's all I know, unscreened.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Hey, Rick, this is Blake from Colorado.
Speaker 3: What's Blake from Colorado? Do you all know it?
Speaker 15: Joe Greg, I know you mentioned last year have an opportunity to deer hunt in Kansas and just a courtesy notice, today's the last day to apply for preference points in Kansas. I know it seems daunting, but put in your application in here. In a year or two, imagine you can get a tag.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy who wants to take me reminded me of that, and I basically just told him, Look, man, I'm overwhelmed. There's no way I'm going to get that done. But you're very complicated. Yeah right, well, and you're right, but I need to do it, even to hunting in like two years. I need to do it now. And you know, you know how I'm on that kind of stuff. I got, I got a lot go away, I got a lot going all go ahead, And by the time I would be able to go, would I I even want to be here? It'd be just my luck, you know, I would do that. I'd finally get drawn that two years later and I'd be like, I'm out. I don't feel like going there reference points. I don't know if you could shoot with that shoulder, buddy, I know it'll be better. It'll be better than you know what, Like he's like a one armed man. Y'all don't know. Y'all don't know some rehab on that shoulder. I mean, y'all probably wouln't even come to work. I mean it's a it'd be like, hey, I'm not coming in today, my shoulders hurting. I like how you battled through it yesterday battle through. It is correct. Y'all didn't know what I was feeling, did you? Was y'all shoulders rot? If your y'all would only lost fifteen to two, No, I told you at least got one more. Teams were a way off balance. No, there was, there was, there was, Yeah, there was our our d r D one guy made most of yeah, our our defense. Our defense didn't help us and speeding and I were doing all we could. I think the other teams they rolled in on that one guy. Great, don't here we go? Look, I went, oh for three, I was no help. Well, you got a brave chart really focused on second boy did because you know, you know the first time I go great, think of that. But by the way I did, I did realize you cannot make yourself swing fake the way you'll actually swing out the ball. Now, you can't do it. You can, you can't make yourself do it. That's what I'm going right, there was trying, trying. I gave. I gave everything my sixty year old self had that said did great, you were moving great, moving around good, got beat real bad. But that's that's a good, great anthem he did.
Speaker 5: But he've had quite a day ad Yeah, big week, I tell.
Speaker 3: You what's speeding now. We're guilty of yesterday. After our glory years, we tampered with the memories. We were Case and the Sun jumping. Yeah, we were top of the hour. If you leave us, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.