Speaker 1: Here he is Aj Devanta with us now and his father A Nise Thank you both so much for being here with us AJ big moment.
Speaker 2: We so appreciate you. So where are you headed? I'll be coming in too, University.
Speaker 1: Bring him Young b Yu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cougars, go Coogs.
Speaker 3: There you have it, the number one high school player in the nation, announcing on ESPN's first take earlier today that he is indeed going to be Yu next season and I am lucky to have him and his dad a Nie Debondza Senior and of course aj as In Junior.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on your decision. What's going on? Big time? How are you?
Speaker 4: I appreciate y'all blessing me with your presence for this interview. Just to remind the audience here, y b Yu.
Speaker 5: Like I said our first take, you know and staff all the way down to the dietician, strength, coach, analytics, die and my ultimate goals to go to the NBA. So why not surround myself a year earlier.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call you Pops because you and I had the pleasure of meeting each other a few weeks ago and it's a pleasure to get to know you and what have you and obviously you're you're the You're the man that gods this young man whatever he's You're You're a proud daddy here. When he says they've got an NBA squad in terms of the coaching staff and what have you, who did their homework on that, I'm assuming it's you?
Speaker 1: And how do you know.
Speaker 4: That BYU has what it takes to counsel and tutor your son and ultimately elevate him to the next level.
Speaker 6: My wife and I went to approval by in April. That was during the playoffs. Kevin Young flew from Phoenix, Arizona to come and say hello to us. He kind of laid out what he wanted to do, so we listened and then he continued to have a conversation with us, introduced us to the staff. Just like I just said, everything was NBA. I'm like, okay, pay attention to that, but I continue to do my recruiting. Pay attention to Alabama, North Carolina, Kansas, kandasy at the time, and at the end, that was his decision, and you supported him.
Speaker 4: Now, when you're a kid, because you still are a kid. You're a young man, but you're a kid, and we say that affectionately. You know, when people think about a school that they want to go to, and you saw Afford schools there in North Carolina, Alabama, you know, you know obviously b YU in Kansas. When you sometimes you're looking at other things, You're looking at the environment, You're looking at how much you're going to enjoy the college experience, et cetera, et cetera. I thought, I said, he's gonna go to North Carolina because I was thinking North Carolina, Duke acc big time college basketball rivalry, et cetera, et cetera. Talk about how much consideration you really gave those other schools and what is it that b why you had that the others in it.
Speaker 5: I mean, all my visits were good, all of them. For visits were amazing visits. Like after every visit, I wanted to go to the school, that's how good the visit was. But I mean I really sat down with my parents and was like, alright, what do we want of it? And how ultimate goals to the NBA. We sat down pros and Constant beat school. Obviously BAU had some colls, but they're pros just overweighted all the.
Speaker 2: Times M and then that's you know ultimately why we chose to.
Speaker 4: Right, when you think about college basketball in this day and age, what.
Speaker 1: Do you see?
Speaker 2: I say, competitiveness.
Speaker 5: I think college games are more competitive than the league regular season.
Speaker 2: So that's like the biggest tageway that.
Speaker 4: Their more college basketball is more competitive during the regular season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So when we.
Speaker 4: Look at college basketball in America right now, and I'll throw this question to both of you, you first.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then and then.
Speaker 4: Pops, when we look at college basketball right now, clearly there's a competitiveness. The games matter. Nothing's like March Madness. College basketball owns the month of more watch. Nobody tries to compete with March Madness. And we get that part. But there's still people that look at college basketball in this day and age. They see the G League, they see competition over in Europe, they see all of these different things, and they say, college basketball is it what it used to be?
Speaker 1: Do you feel that way or do you just watch.
Speaker 4: It and find yourself loving it and gravitating to.
Speaker 1: It more and more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just watch it and just love it. I don't think it's less.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's still college basketball, right, Like you said, it's still March Madness. People don't compete at March Madness, right, what.
Speaker 1: About you, pops.
Speaker 6: Those kids are hungry. They're trying to get to the next level. They have to compete, you know, even though there's only four hundred fifty players in the league. They're hungry. They want to compete. You know, we watch Mark Mavis, we go to the games. You know, we really love it. He wanted to go to college. He may not clear his mother. Yep, he made that clear.
Speaker 4: And what were the kind of things he would say to you about going to college.
Speaker 6: I wanna go to college people, because at the time they were talking about the G League, we were talking about Europe. He total these Mama, I'm going to college one and done.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: I gotta get back to you because when I look at college basketball, we've seen superstars like back in the days with Lebron James, Kobe Bryant and others, uh, Kevin Gardnet to a lesser degree, man On Neil, etc.
Speaker 1: People that went straight from high school to the pros.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously the rules changed and mandates you gotta be nineteen years of age or.
Speaker 1: One year in college, et cetera. Et cetera. Before you move on.
Speaker 4: When you think about your game and you fantasize about what you're going to do on the next level, tell our audience about your game. The kind of game you think you bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Uh, just all around game.
Speaker 5: I mean passing, scoring, rebounding, defense. Obviously I can improve on a lot, but you know, I think I can run a lot to the table. If I'm having an off scoring night, I'm a defend I'm having a off defensive night, I'm a score like this, stuff like that, Just doing a lot of stuff that you know impacts winning.
Speaker 4: Now, you were talking to me about your defensive prowess. What is it that you love about you yourself as a defender.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just take pride in defense.
Speaker 5: I don't like getting scored on a lot, So I mean I just like locking up other defenders Like I watched defensive film.
Speaker 1: MM. Really yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, have you ever found yourself on a basketball court where somebody was getting the better U offensive leader?
Speaker 1: They were scoring too much on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was that like?
Speaker 2: Good day?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 2: Good offense to day.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm I'm guarding the best player in the other team, So I'm gonna get scored on. I know I'm gonna get scored on, but I mean, I'm just trying to limit field goal percentage, make them take harder shots that I don't wanna take. M I mean, I'm gonna get scored on those basketball but gets going on.
Speaker 1: I wanna get to you, Pops in this regard.
Speaker 4: When we see players in this day and age, and a lot of times we just see their talent. We don't see their discipline. And the conversations that you and I had. You've talked a lot about your son, the responsibility that he has to be all he can be. What was it like raising him?
Speaker 6: What's easy? I'm from Africa, Okay, you know one way?
Speaker 1: Okay, tough love.
Speaker 6: You know what is gonna be? My son? He may be number one in the country. He's number four in.
Speaker 1: My house, number four. Who's one, two or three?
Speaker 6: I'm the one. My wife is number two, Samara's number three, Aged is number four, and Jasmin's number five.
Speaker 1: Got you got the order?
Speaker 6: He does it, dishes when he comes home, he clean his house, he does everything he's supposed to do. He's still my son.
Speaker 1: And that's always been the case.
Speaker 4: Has there been any because America can be tempted America sometimes. One of the things that we lament is that America it can influence the young minds and get them to deviate.
Speaker 1: From what they're supposed to do. Have you ever had those challenges with Junior?
Speaker 6: His mother from Jamaica. They don't mess around.
Speaker 4: So in other words, got you from Africa, got mom from Jamaica, and he didn't have any rights.
Speaker 1: Well, so you you let him know? Is that true?
Speaker 2: I don't cause no problem?
Speaker 1: But and why is that? How come you didn't cause any problem? Give it to us straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were just disciplined at home, me and my sisters, so we just know right from wrong.
Speaker 4: Right, and you know right from wrong. But that doesn't mean you won't try to get away from anything. When you're a kid, kids always try their parents stop you know that?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: I kind of did try it. I kind of did try it, and I got basketball taken away for.
Speaker 2: Like a month.
Speaker 1: Really, how old were you?
Speaker 2: Like sixth grade?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 5: I was like sixth grade playing on my eighth grade team. I thought it was nice. Nah, a month off suspended his choice.
Speaker 4: Because you thought because you thought you was nice, that you had a nice game.
Speaker 2: Nah, I was going around in school grades. Wasn't a's and b's month off.
Speaker 4: So you gave him a month off from basketball? Is that because you knew that's how much he loved it. Yeah, so you took away because we were the parental guidance here. We want strategies, right, So in other words, you found the thing that he loved the most and you took it away from him for a full month.
Speaker 6: He didn't like before, Oskin, he never loved basketball.
Speaker 2: You gotta start somewhere.
Speaker 6: I have to force his out right.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So when you think about that now and you think about the culture that exists in the NBA today, because everybody, by all accounts, they say that's where you're going. You're going to be one and done. They think that you're you know, clearly you're the number one player in the nation. Obviously there's competition out there. You got this Cat Peterson that you just went up against. You got the Booze of twins, particularly one boos. Both of them are going to Duke. You've played against them on several occasions as well. People are looking at you and they say it's a given health obviously, being you know, paramount as long as you're healthy, You're definitely going to be one of the top picks in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six NBA draft.
Speaker 4: That's how everybody is looking at you. When you think about it from that standpoint, My question that you would be the world that we live in, the NBA, all the distractions that come along with it. How prepared are you for those challenges and why?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm prepared.
Speaker 5: I mean as a kid, I was still you know, challenge with like distracts and all that. But I have my mom my dad just want me just telling me to write things, and I think I just still continue that, like the levels I know up.
Speaker 1: Do you have two parents that will challenge you.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about your game here, I'm talking about your characters.
Speaker 1: You continue to get older and you're.
Speaker 4: Mature and what have you that'll keep a watchful eye and always remind you of the responsibility that you have to yourself, your family and beyond. Talk about that for a second, and what your parents have meant to you and what you anticipate they will mean to you moving forward.
Speaker 5: I mean just from a young age, just discipline at all levels. Like he said, discipline starts home. So that's why I say thank you to every What did I go by? That's why, you know, I opened the door. Like I just got taught from a young age. And even my sisters, you know, didn't learn manners. They just we just been growing up a different way. Cause Africa Jamaican, two different cultures.
Speaker 2: African. Yes, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Talk about the path that you've taken because obviously him working in Boston, you ultimately moving on to Utah to go to to go to school out there. Speak about the movement that you've had to experience and how beneficial that has been for you.
Speaker 2: I mean it was good.
Speaker 5: I mean Boston noney wrong with Boston, but competition wise, I think I needed a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more challenge.
Speaker 5: So I moved out to uh California, played with prolific prep national schedule.
Speaker 2: That's what we really got tested.
Speaker 5: Uh We lost first round of Japole Nationals, then made a decision to go to Utah play another national schedule, still getting tested. So I mean it was just you know, testing myself early before I get to college.
Speaker 1: So it's not even new Pops, how does he handle losing? Not good? He doesn't like to lose.
Speaker 6: By tell him all the time, fix it. It's not simple.
Speaker 4: And when you say fix it, what does that mean? Because sometimes it could be the people around you, it might not be you. But you seem like the kind of father that says, nah, I'm not gonna go that route because that'll be an excuse. So I'm gonna blame you even when it ate your fault. So you you will embrace that responsibility.
Speaker 1: You seem to be that kind of guy always.
Speaker 6: You know, I tell him all the time, stop with you? You got to lead? Say he has none rebound? Wasn't you get ten? I always want more?
Speaker 1: Yep, define your definition of a great leader.
Speaker 6: Sir, uh leave example. You know he's not a top of getting your faced type of guy. That's not him. I wish you was sometimes, you know, but lead by example. You know, Aja, you're a great defender. You got to rebound. You know he birdwatch all the time. No, I shouldn't tell all the time. Sometimes I met the dream a couple of months ago. Olage, Okay, my second favorite player of all time?
Speaker 1: Mine second? Mine? Who's first?
Speaker 2: MG?
Speaker 1: Okay, just one next show? Okay, go ahead, see let's see you there right there. We're going, keep going. MJ not Lebron, Michael Jeorge.
Speaker 6: I didn't mention his name, Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Alright, So I met one. I mentioned his name, didn't know who he was.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: I introduced him to LA one. He said, I'm gonna watch him play. Watch him play one half. He went home, came back the next day, looked me up. Where's your son? Hold on, hey, Jay, get over here. He got here. Dream talked to him for twelve minutes. The first thing he said, your bird watched too much. Swear to God.
Speaker 1: And by bird watching, he meant, what just spectating? Now he doesn't rebound?
Speaker 6: Wow, yep, he's seeing you bird watch too much. You such a good athlete. You great and in transition, grab the rebound and go. No one can stop you.
Speaker 4: So hakeem the dream a Lodge one one of the greatest centers, a two time NBA champion, although he won both years with Michael Jordan retired. He I'm just giving facts.
Speaker 1: I think Michael Jordan would have beat him, But the point is that he won one championship. When Michael Jordan retired.
Speaker 4: The second year, Michael Jordan came back with seventeen games left in the regular season, lost in the playoffs to Orlando and ultimately he beat.
Speaker 1: Them as well.
Speaker 4: My question to you is when a keme the dream a Lodge one, you realized who he was and he was talking to you, what was that like?
Speaker 5: I mean it was just you always gotta take advice from the greats. I mean they've been there, done that. So whatever he's saying, you better listen and apply.
Speaker 1: So, how has your rebounding improved since that conversation?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: And what was it before that?
Speaker 2: Like five?
Speaker 4: So you averaged six more rebounds a game after your conversation with the King of the Dream of Lodge One?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any other players you've been speaking to.
Speaker 5: I have a pretty good relationship with Kevin Durant, Okay, Paul George, Uh, Paula, Ben Carroll, Jason Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Celtics guys, spoke to Lebron Ones ZB three, a lot of guys trying to get connection.
Speaker 1: And Kevin Durant is your favorite player?
Speaker 5: Why certified bucket simplicity.
Speaker 4: And Okay, do you think that somebody your game will be modeled after?
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm modeled my game after him, but I do take a lot of these things.
Speaker 2: That's why I shoot the middle ay so much.
Speaker 4: By the way, getting back to that conversation with your dad. Uh, you heard what he said about Michael Jordan, right, is.
Speaker 1: That your belief? That is my belief that what say it?
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan is the best player of all time?
Speaker 1: And why do you come to that inclusion? Is it because your pop said so? Now? It was what you watch?
Speaker 5: We used to argue. Then I watched the last dance changed my home mind. Why if you watched the last dance, you know why? Like he's just crazy, Like I never I wasn't alive to watch him. So I was like Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, now Lebron's second.
Speaker 2: In my opinion.
Speaker 1: Same here, same here.
Speaker 5: But I just watched six and like the two three peats, this crazy.
Speaker 4: Two to three peats, six championships, six NBA finals, MVPs, ten times scoring champions, nine time All NBA First Team defensive player.
Speaker 1: That is the goal, Just so.
Speaker 6: We nest somebody else. Michael Jordan, would you have won eight in a row? You know what was his answer? What I don't know about to beg African?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? You heard what I said? He doesn't know about the big Afage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so another word, he's not sure for what I want eating the role because of Akima.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with that, it's not a certainty.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I think a Keem of Dream was phenomenal. But when I look and listen Kenny Smith, his son kJ y'all.
Speaker 1: Know very very well.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of love for the JET. I remember Robert Oriy on those squads. I remember Oldess Thorpe, the whole bit. What I'm thinking about is the three headed monster at the Big Man Spot that they had.
Speaker 1: In terms of the Luke Longley's of the.
Speaker 4: World and stuff like that, not to mention the Tony kok coaches, the Dennis Robins.
Speaker 1: I think the collection.
Speaker 4: Of individuals Scottie Pippen, one of the elite defenders the game has ever seen the combination. They could sit up there and pressure you ninety four feet that could really derail you. I don't see that level of defense in the NBA to day. When you look at defenders in the NBA tod day and the way that they defend, how do you think you'll feel against them?
Speaker 2: What you mean like, how my offensive?
Speaker 4: Yes, what you bring to the game offensively compared to what this show when you in the NBA to day, what do you see now?
Speaker 5: Since I watched defensive clips, I know defensive tendencies and I'm gonna defending myself, so I know defensive tendencies. So that's why I think I will be able to break it down a little bit more. Now, if you do decide to pressure me and double team and helpside, you're leaving two of my shooters open.
Speaker 2: Don't let me.
Speaker 5: Get tennisist because then they'll start getting hot and you'll lose a game.
Speaker 4: But you're assuming you're gonna be playing with shooters everybody.
Speaker 1: You're not everybody in the NBA.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 1: AJ, that is not true. Everybody in the NBA cannot shoot. I can get the boys.
Speaker 2: If I knew a whole bunch of biggs.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't. I just don't want to throw anybody on front Street. I can name a whole bunch of people that are not bigs that can't shoot.
Speaker 2: Right after the show, Okay, we can do that.
Speaker 1: We do that after the show, because I'm not gonna put it on camera.
Speaker 4: Look, man, before I let you get on out of here, I just want you to speak to what this whole process has meant you as a young man, being in a position where you're on national television announcement to the world, where you're going to go with everybody interested in it because you're that guy. What is this whole process meant to you? And what have you learned from it?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just a blessing. But it's only one step closer. I mean I told my dad it's a three step process. This is only step one. The draft three, Step two in the Hall of Fame speaches step three.
Speaker 1: And the Hall of Fame sweaches at three.
Speaker 4: If I may say, respectfully, I think you missed the stat what's that step? How about a final four appearance for BYU? Yeah, you're going to play there? Yeah, or competing for national chimpiship. That's the NCAA tournament births a final four appearance. You ain't just bot passing byus.
Speaker 5: And that means there'll be more step than than that would be Rookie of the Year, first All Star okay, Defensive Team Okay, there'll be more steps.
Speaker 2: But the Olympic Olympics twenty twenty eight Olympics.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty eight Olympics. Really, I didn't even think about that one.
Speaker 4: I'm still salty about that because I don't like the fact that Steve kurb bent to my man Jason Tatum like that.
Speaker 1: That that really bothered me. That really boughs.
Speaker 4: He's too great to not find a spot for a few minutes for one of the great players in the NBA.
Speaker 1: That's just me, But I digress. Twenty twenty eight Olympics.
Speaker 4: I think the coach will be either Eric Sposter or Tyler. One of the two is gonna be coaching that team. But there's a lot of people that's ahead.
Speaker 1: Of you for twenty twenty eight. Yeah, you're gonna buy pass those folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cooper Flag is somebody that's in college basketball right now, or Duke everybody's been talking about him. How do you feel about his game and head compares to yours?
Speaker 5: So you known each other since seventh grade from New England from me and so I mean I support his game. I always respected this game. We've been playing terms each other. So I mean he gonna be great.
Speaker 1: You think he's gonna play, You think he's gonna be great. I like him.
Speaker 2: I watched the skill set plays the right way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for me, personally, I don't want to use the word pressure. You're gonna have pressure anyway that's gonna be on you, which I'm sure you'll embrace problem. But when we look at him and then we look at you as the number one guy, we're saying, wait a minute, now, what's up?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to answer that call? You prepare for that. Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: I'm my own player, like you can compare me who you want? We two different.
Speaker 4: Players, right, I got you? Okay, First take your father made it clear. College is one and done, and there are two NBA teams you're most interested in. You said it yourself, the Orlando Magic and the San Antonio spurg Shock the living hell out of me.
Speaker 1: You pick those two teams? I ain't. I mean, I just did it.
Speaker 2: What did you think me?
Speaker 1: Personally?
Speaker 4: I was thinking you were gonna say somebody like Golden stayed in Boston.
Speaker 5: I don't want to play for Boston because because I'm from Boston, I want to get out of Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the only reason.
Speaker 4: Well, you know that you ain't gonna have I mean, I would say you ain't gonna have a choice.
Speaker 5: But I mean, you don't have a choice. I'll be if I get drafted to the Celtics, I'm blessed. But if it was option, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Want to go to what's the problem with playing in the place you grew up in?
Speaker 5: I just want to get out and move, right. I don't want to raise my family in Boston. I want to be somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Got you just because you want to move you want you want to find someplace different, all right? Playing with a shooter like Steph Cove and I see that's where you'd have it'ge twelve twelve.
Speaker 2: Fifteen and a great vet with Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is a great vet. He is a great vet. He gets emotional, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But he's a phenomenal teammate and he's a champion.
Speaker 1: Stuff pops.
Speaker 4: As we get ready to end this talk, this conversation, by the way, before before I get to my last question, your son made history four and a half million dollar nil deal. What kind of financial advice have you given.
Speaker 6: Him before he started making money. I don't know where the figure came from.
Speaker 1: First and right, that's what they told that's where it was reported. I'm not I don't know if it's accurate or not. And that's youall business. Y'all tell if you want to. If you don't, it's no big deal. But that's what it saying.
Speaker 6: Well, they were saying we were going to the biggest bidder. That's that's not true. Three out of the full school that made the final cut offer the same amount.
Speaker 1: I called it the minimum wage, okay. And he had no.
Speaker 6: Idea what he was because he chose not to tell him because we didn't want money, Me and my wife didn't want money to affect his decision. Once he told us what he wants, he wanted to go. We told him this, see what you got, and we taught him to manage the money. We got him a financial advisor. We told him about taxes. You know, he was shocked when he got the other day.
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome to the real world. He was shocked. Your money going. He was shocked. That's it.
Speaker 5: You pay your taxes to say, Yeah, I say that amount gonna triple next year.
Speaker 1: Why he's gonna make more money.
Speaker 2: And that's another reason why Boston is one of the highest.
Speaker 5: Taxes New York, Texas and Florida.
Speaker 2: No state, Texas.
Speaker 1: I'm aware of this. I'm aware of this. I'm aware of this.
Speaker 4: You know, fos, what's it gonna be like for an agent to be representing him having to deal with you?
Speaker 1: Because you know I've listened to you. You know a thing or two about your basketball.
Speaker 4: Now you know they ain't gonna be able to just pull one over on you.
Speaker 1: And like you.
Speaker 4: Said, African pops, jamake it, mama, they y'all gonna play.
Speaker 1: What's it gonna be like? What do they need to know about representing your son?
Speaker 6: Who see? I want to have an agent?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: So far, so good having an advisor.
Speaker 4: Okay, an advisor, but so you plan on being to do across from the team negotiating with him?
Speaker 1: No, your advisor?
Speaker 6: So far? Advisor Leonard told he's taking care of it. Okay, you work together and uh, when your time comes, if he needs an agent, he has to be my price.
Speaker 1: Your price? Yes, what does that mean? My rates? Your rate? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: Aj Bob's appreciate y'all. Man, congratulations on everything, all the best.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch BYU basketball for the first time.
Speaker 2: Man, you're not watching this year? No, you don't know who I got covered out this year?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not watching them much this year. I will be watching them next year. Will I will watch practically everywhere.
Speaker 4: If you're around, I'm gonna watch. I'm not gonna have you on the show. And to ignore you. You know, first of all, you got a fan of me.
Speaker 6: He's not gonna watch this year.
Speaker 4: No, no, I watched him this year. I mean I watch him as a season progressives. I really listen between football and professional basketball. I'm inundated with a lot of stuff. As March Madness approaches that I really really pay attention to who's in the mix and what they're gonna do. I don't miss March Madness game, so I'll definitely be watching that. But what I'm saying is, even with North Carolina and Duke, I really don't watch much of them unless they play in each other, Kentucky, Louisville, stuff like that. I'm watching SEC, I'm watching Florida State from Thoms because you know of the coach Leonard. I'm watching a few of these programs. Colin Parvey, I know very well. Obviously I've lost faith. I remember, I see. I grew up in the days in the Big East where you had Saint John's Ewan and the Boys at Georgetown d Wayne Pearl Washington. Then letting anybody tell you differently, the greatest show in the history of college basketball, d Wayne Pearl Washington out of Syracuse.
Speaker 1: God Rest is so special.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about a better show than Chris Jackson at LSU before.
Speaker 1: He became duing my move Raoul, when he was.
Speaker 4: Playing with Shaq and Stanley Robertson. I'm talking about Kenny Andersalite the Weapon three at Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: With Dennis Scott and Brian Oliver. I'm talking about UNLV with.
Speaker 4: Larry Johnson and Greg Anthony and Stacey Augman and Anderson Hunting and crew.
Speaker 1: That's how I go back. And I'm telling you, despite.
Speaker 4: All of that, even with Michael Jordan at North Carolina, Michael Jordan at North Carolina, the greatest showman on the basketball court in the history of college basketball was Dwayne Pearl.
Speaker 1: Washington as your coach. I bet you he'll agree with me. I asker asking good.
Speaker 4: Luck to you, Thank you all the best, to you, Thanks, appreciate you, thanks right here. Really really honed to have both of y'all. Wish you nothing but the best. You're gonna be, all right, man, You got your pops with you.
Speaker 1: You're good. You good to go. You're good to go.