Speaker 1: Welcome to football today. We're going to do ourselves a little defensive All Pro. And the Jets have fired GM Joe Douglas. I'm Boby was just gonna hear it, Justin Pennick, Justin the Jets fired Joe Douglas thirty and sixty four as the GM no winning seasons. Why didn't they do this with Robert Salah because they took away Joe Douglas's power with Robert sala and the GM doesn't have a ton of say in season anyways. Why did they create themselves another media circus for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jordan Schultz a couple of minutes before we started recording this. We're recording this on a Tuesday evening. So while Joe Douglas held the GM title until today, I'm told much of the organization had been overseen by higher ups over the past month. And it's apparently moves like with Davante Adams trade, which many rival executives considered an overpay, which it was the Hassan Redick negotiation renegotiation which installed before being handled directly by others. And I and I'm reading between the lines here, but Jordan Schultz went by others. I think Johnson, Woody Johnson probably stepped in and handled this.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. Boy Johnson has taken over the team like fully, yeah, man.
Speaker 2: This is just uh, I don't I don't need to tell you that it's that it's a mess. But uh, you know why, Okay, sure they should have could have fired Joe Douglas, you know when they fired Robert sala. I honestly don't think that would have mattered all that much in the retrospect of the Jets. I actually appreciate them doing this now so they can get somewhat of a leg up on the new GM search.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing though about that part. Unless you're hiring someone that doesn't currently have a job, you don't really get that much of a leg up. Like you can you can start doing your research like we we we know how this works, justin we you know, they start when they know they're going to fire their GM. They start the legwork on that, but they can't they can't actually talk to anybody until the season is actually over.
Speaker 3: Right, but they can.
Speaker 2: I think it's just better to do the research when the when literally the lame duck is not in the building.
Speaker 1: I agree, But here's the Jets. And this is because I want to talk about Joe Douglash's like tenure and like did he deserve to get fired? Was he a good GM, did he build a good roster? All that shit. They are just a mess from the top down, man, And it starts with ownership, right, Like I think they are. I think they're a mess, and at every level of their organization, whether it's you know, Woody Johnson, who is the main culprit held. I think the pr you know, section of the place is a mess. I think the players are immature because there's a lack of leadership. You know, they firing Robert Solo. We talked about it in the moment, said this is an overreaction. This is a crazy overreaction to a close loss to the Minnesota Vikings. And I'm not saying Robert Sola would have fixed all their issues, but you saw how much how worse their defense got. There was no leadership added by it. Right, players have been an issue, right, you know, Sauce Gardner's comments on Jeff Olbert talking about tackling better and like we don't need that, and then he goes out and misses a tackle on a big play, like they're just a mess. They're a very immature organization, and why did you keep him like that? Matters? You know, especially when you have an Aaron Rodgers figure there, Why did you keep him around as this lame duck for what?
Speaker 2: For? What?
Speaker 1: To piss him off? When you go and make the Devonte Adams trade when you bring in you know, you know you get the his song REDI deal done it Just it is like I hate using bad look. I think feel like we're talking about oh it's a bad look, okay, but is it good or is it bad? How does it affect you going forward? But I do think this affects the Jets negatively going forward because they are looked at as a mess and they've done nothing to quiet that this offseason. Right, they could have had a bad season this year and fired Robert Sala and Joe Douglas at the end and been like, hey, it didn't work. Clean slate now instead of looking and now they look like the most undesirable place to go in the NFL, despite the fact that they actually have some talent on that roster and it's a good on paper, it's a good place to land a GM spot because there's so many pieces in place right now, it's like I have no desire to go work with that ownership group.
Speaker 2: No, no, just this organization has just some of the more beautiful, beautiful timings, and like the timing of things over the last couple of years, where it even starts with the timing of hiring Joe Douglas to begin with, you hire him, This organization hired him in the summer after the twenty nineteen drafts. So it technically like, if you look up Joe Douglas's GM record on Pro Football Reference, he gets accredited for that seven to nine twenty nineteen season. That's not his draft class. Then bringing in and signing Le'Veon Bell, that was Mike mccagnan's free agency decision to sign Le'Veon Bell. That that draft class, that was Mike mccannen's draft class. Yeah, Adam Gase, who was a brand new head coach. You fire Todd Bowls after the twenty eighteen season. Yeah, Adam Gase, who's a brand new head coach, win a power struggle with mcagden, kicks kicks him out before Gase even coaches a game. Then you hire Douglas. So Douglas in a winds up, you know, winds up organizing a pretty solid roster. But Bobby where I just think it, it goes wrong ultimately, and it boils down to two things. Number one, didn't get the coach right. Was paired up with Adam Gase number one, so he didn't even get a chance to techically choose him, even though they were buddies, they were very very close. There's a reason why Douglas was brought in when Gase was the head coaches that those two were very close. And then you hire Robert Sala, who's not much of a leader, and you can't get a quarterback. I mean really really, because this is a team that has talent, that has pieces. In a way, you know, you kind of feel bad for Joe Douglas and going out like this and being you know, pushed to the side over the last month when he's when he's organized a pretty solid roster. But at the end of the day, GM is along with picking talent, you know, the two most important things you could do is you got to get quarterback right. He didn't do, and you got to get the coach right, which he very very much did not do.
Speaker 1: But even that, like Robert Sala wasn't the right coach. I don't view Robert Sala as this like awful coach, right, Like.
Speaker 2: He's not the right coach. I don't think he's the I don't think he's the right wasn't the right coach.
Speaker 3: Was not that sure.
Speaker 1: But you saw how good he got that defense going, and they went seven and nine with off you know, or seven to ten twice with like you know, bottom three quarterback play. You know, here's where Joe Douglas I think went wrong. Well, his drafting. I feel like his drafting gets a little bit overrated. Like his twenty twenty class was terrible, right, you know, you come out of you know, the first three rounds with Mackai Beckton, Denzel Mims, Ashton Davis, and Javari Zerniga. I mean Zuniga, I don't think even made it to the initial fifty three. Ashton Davis is still there actually, but not very good. Mims, we know, he you know, didn't accomplish anything. Beck then you know, injuries, but he was kind of very immature and didn't take stuff serious. And then got Bryce Hall in the fifth round. But everyone else there was bad. Twenty twenty one. Let me put you get Zach Wilson, that's obviously your biggest miss right there. Right, that's a big reason why he's fired. Elijah Verir Tuckery really good, but he got injured. Elijah Moore was is not very good, Michael Carter at the running back not very good. And then you get some guys that can contribute.
Speaker 2: I will suggest Jamie and Jamie Sherwood being that fifth round pick and emerging and emerging at linebacker this year, that that kind of doesn't save that draft class. But getting a VT and getting Jamie and Sherwood out of there, Michael Carter the second is a good players. It was a solid player for them. Sure they should have never cut Jason Pennock. You know, I think that makes that draft class a little bit better, But I mean, you can't he.
Speaker 1: Nailed it the next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he nailed at the next year and we had.
Speaker 1: One of the best draft. Like when we look back at the last when we look back at the last five years, that draft class might be the best. He gets Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, and Jermay and Johnson the first nine. I know Sauce hasn't had a great year, but that's an awesome class, Breeze Hall in the second, Max Mitchell, who's like a swing guy for and then Michael Clemens in the fourth round, who's who's a contributor for them, But he hasn't lived up to the big role. So I actually think he's built a good roster. I think the issue is missing on Zach Wilson, and I'm not going to blame him for going out and getting Aaron Rodgers, but what I will is they they cower to Aaron Rodgers too much, you know, whether that's signing Allen Lazard and Mike Williams and and all the bullshit that you know, the main one being Nate Hackett. Right, Firing Michael Leffleur for Nate Hackett is a huge mistake. Michael Fuur is a better offensive play caller and Nate Hackett might be the worst. But they're just a mess. Like you take away Nate Hackett's you know, play caller duties, but keep him on the on the coaching staff, they're just a mess. Jeff Ulbrick was not ready for the introim head coach. I view their messes as more Woody Johnson than than Joe Douglas. But at the end of the day, I mean they went two and fourteen, four and thirteen, seven and ten, seven and ten and now three and eight. But I think Joe Douglas actually built a pretty good roster. He just got quarter back wrong, missed on some drafts, and coward to Aaron Rodgers too much.
Speaker 2: The other part of the time of the timing piece and the timing point that I was talking about, Okay, so how he was hired just bad timing on the organization's part. And then the second piece of this is who would have thought? Man?
Speaker 3: Who would have thought? This is why when Jets.
Speaker 2: Fans call up w F A N and though yelling screamed that the team is cursed, I almost can't even dismiss it. I almost can't even dismiss it four plays, four plays into the season until last year and Aaron Rodgers goes down and you have to turn to Zach Wilson that you wanted nothing to do with. You benched the previous year. You had players wearing the Tim Boyle shirts and everything like that. You made Mike White excuse me, Mike White shirts. Tim Boyle was just signed to the Giants. Rush show That's why he was on my mind.
Speaker 1: They didn't know how to run an organization. I thought Joe Douglas pilt like we something I taught even last year, Like can't blame them for Ann Rodgers getting hurt. But we said in the like why are they keeping Zach Wilson around? Yeah, like this does like we talked like no conviction this guy. You basically take them to the curtain and said you hate him. You kept around with your backup? Why didn't you take a backup? QB? More serious? You know, when you go sign Alan Lazard, who's you know, been actually been a performer, he actually can perform halfway decent with Annon Rodgers, that's not a reason to sign a guy to that contract. But they're just I think it's I just think it's a very immature, not immature, but they're just they're dysfunctional. They're a dysfunctional organizations. And I think Joe Douglas, Robert Salah, Anon Rodgers contributed to it, but the main culprit is all obviously Woody and his brother Chris Johnson.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it got it's this bad?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's this bad. Man.
Speaker 1: I saw a world where the Jets go seven, ten, eight and nine and things just don't go their.
Speaker 3: Way, and that would have been a disappointm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I did not see it going this bad.
Speaker 3: What is Rogers?
Speaker 1: I don't think it goes as bad if they if they don't fire Robert Thaler.
Speaker 2: Does Does Rogers have a worse winning percentage than Zach Wilson as a starter?
Speaker 1: Yes? And and Sam Darnold too.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I I.
Speaker 3: I picked the Jets to win twelve games.
Speaker 2: I thought the Jets were gonna get to the AFC Championship Game this year.
Speaker 3: That that was the Those are the expectations. Man. I can't. I can't believe it. You almost can.
Speaker 2: You can believe it because this is the Jets. This is what they do. If Rogers is out, everybody's gonna be out. I mean, I'm even I'm even thinking about trading away pieces and acquiring picks and what there what there's no window. I don't know what's next. Man.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing. If they weren't such a dysfunctional organization, this would, to me, this would be a good job. You have a lot of young talent on this team, and the quarterback is going to open up. I think they can have. I don't know what they're gonna do with Anon Rodgers. They may this may be part of keep, this may be part of keeping him for another year. I don't know what's going to happen there. But it is a talented roster. But it's just a dysfunctional franchise overall.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, Rogers has done.
Speaker 1: They listen and they listen to him too, Like how do you even keep how do you even go with Rogers when a lot of their issues are his doing, you know, right being example number one. Yeah, and he can't move as well. He's I think he's played worsh you know, down the stretch. Even with adding DeVante Adams, they've just been a mess. They're just a dysfunctional franchise and it sucks for them because this was supposed to be the year. They're just a masterclass and like doing the dumbest shit possible at all times. All right, justin once you talk to us about something and then we'll get into our mid season defensive all pros, I will talk.
Speaker 3: To you about something.
Speaker 2: It's as those Jets tough conversation I have without just throwing your hands up in the air or screaming or hooting or hollering. So that's honestly what they make you want to do. Grab your favorite team's jersey and some snacks that head to the couch for another sunday of action packed football and even and get even closer to the action each Sunday with our partners at the DraftKings Sports Book right now, All new customers, you're gonna bet just five dollars. You will get one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets if your bet wins. When you use our Code Football today staying on the action, use you one hundred fifty thousand bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays for shot added, even bigger payout. I love my parlays, add some more legs. So download the DraftKings Sportsbook up right now. New customers, use promo Code Football today. Bet five dollars on any wager, get one hundred fifty thousand bonus bets if your bet wins. It's probma Code Football today only at the DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: You will be glad you did.
Speaker 1: You'd be glad you did defensive mid season All Pro even though it's not mid season, it's like two third season. But we've been one to dudes for episode for a while and haven't been able to do it defensive end, Justin, It all starts with a up front. When it comes to defensive players. I feel like there's a lot of competition for this one. So we're doing first team and second team. We're doing four d linemen, two defensive ends, two defensive tackles, two linebackers, two cornerbacks, two safeties, keeping it keeping it simple. We only have ten players on the field. But that's okay, Justin, who is your first team defensive ends?
Speaker 2: So I'm going with edge rushers here. That's the proper name. Uh Trey Hendrickson and.
Speaker 1: T J. Watt. TJ Watt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have an honorable mention as Nick Bosa. I had a hard time between Nick Bosa.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can just put them on. Did you put together a second team or no?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: I have honorable mentions for my for my first and.
Speaker 1: Okay I have I have second teams. I put Miles Garrett in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his win rate and he's dominating and win right now that I watch him play.
Speaker 1: I watch him play and it's just it is to me, it's the best defensive end in football consistently, Like I don't know how he does it, Like it's magical the type of shit he does. And and just because the you know, the sack total isn't great this year, it doesn't mean I'm gonna I'm gonna ding him for Like I watch him and I'm like, this is the best two way player in the NFL. And then Trey Hendrickson, I mean, you just you just can't keep him. I mean, there's the most sacks in the NFL, total pressures, most tackles for a loss. You know, he's second in win rate when you after Miles Garrett, when you exclude Aiden Hutchinson. It's it's a damn shame that the Bengals have what could be a defensive player of the Year and Trey Hendrickson a one of the best offenses in football and they just suck.
Speaker 3: It is a damn shame.
Speaker 2: It's a it's pretty cool to see Trey Hendrickson, white guy out there with those long white sleeves in the in the dark visor just running around, running around, kicking ass and dominating men.
Speaker 1: And he does it against good tackles too, right, like he football Like there's not a ton of great right tackles in the NFL. There's a pretty good amount of good left handles in the NFL. And he wins against him right, and he lines up solely on the left tackle where you know you mentioned TJ. Watt. He lines up solely on the right tackle like he never you know faces you know the most the highest paid guys in the NFL. For second team, I did put Nick Bosa. I put Andrew van Ginkle in there. Oh hello, I mean he's fourth in sacks for edge players first and tackles for a loss and he has two interceptions, Like he's having a phenomenal season for Minnesota. If we did a draft of like drafting the players of who we want, would Van Ginkle go top four? No? No, But like I think he is a huge part of what's making that Brian Floors Viking's defense go yeah.
Speaker 2: And then a similar mindset, like if I had to go with the second team, Nick Bosa would be one and then maybe even one of the one of the Denver edge rushers. In a similar mindset, like a Nick Benito, Uh Jonathan Cooper, Right, I feel like some of those guys serve serve a very similar purpose as Van Ginkle. I think Benito's more talented. He's the guy, He's the guy with the most talent out of out of all of them. But in this blitz heavy scheme like doing those little things right like Van Ginkle does, he's having as having a solid year, yeah, and he just.
Speaker 1: Goes out there and wins consistently, you know, So he's he's playing well. TJ. Watt was the guy that got left off for me. But Nick Bosa, you know, Nick Bosa has been awesome this year. You really find Miles Garrett, Nick Bosa, and TJ. Watt, Right, they're three of the five every single year. Yeah, And I think what probably like watch box score stats are really good. He's but I think I think his can get better of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on my first thing by the end of the year.
Speaker 2: And what really put him as my first team right now is that his his run defense is phenomenal. That that's what separated Like again it was between Bosa and Watt for me. What put what separated Watt was that his his run defense and some of his numbers there are just they're just they're just better.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, defensive tackle, what do you got all.
Speaker 2: Right, Dexhea Lawrence? I think it is the clear clear number one nose tackle.
Speaker 1: Has to be. I mean, he's second in the NFL in sacks and he's a def he's a nose tackle. He gets double team more than like anybody in NFL history. He's a beast like he's the only thing holding the Giants run defense together, even though it's not held together very well. Just eas easy money, right. If the Giants were better, he might actually get Defensive Player of the Year this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think he would be in consideration of it. And he doesn't have a sack over the last two or three weeks, but Giants stood up a bye week. I talked to him today and he referenced that he was feeling really good. So that's so, that's good. He's like the rest of the NFL, let me rest up. That's not good. So he did reference that.
Speaker 1: We obviously watched Exterra Lawrence a little more closely. He hasn't been able to he he has gotten doubled like he's always double teamed a lot. I feel like they've ramped up this year where he's not able to get like the total sacks, hit some pressures every single week like he did the last two years. But it's just like it's so clear he's dominant. And did you pick Chris Jones as your number two? I thought there was a good competition for number two.
Speaker 2: He's my honorable mention, Chris Jones. If I had, if I had to go with who was more valuable to their team, it would be Chris Jones. But I doubled up on my Pittsburgh Steelers Bobby I went and I went Cam Hayward.
Speaker 1: So Cam Hayward was second team for me. You know, Chris Jones has four sacks, Cam Hayward six and a half. But I you know, Chris Jones to me has he has thirteen total, more pressures, the win rate Chris Jones and Cam Haywardyward. Hayward's got him there. I think the stats are so similar to where I'm like, I think Chris Jones is the clearly better player that I went with Chris Jones. But Cam Hayward's having a phenomenal year and he'd be He's the first guy off the bench, has my second team All Pro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the writing was on the wall for Cam Hayward. You know, I don't know if anybody saw the total resurgence year. You know, the Steelers gave that extension. I don't know if anybody saw this fully coming. But the right was on the wall, Like even though the sack production was down last year, the hits were still there, the pressures were still there. So the rioting was kind of on the wall for the overall production to go up for Cam Hayward this year. So I'm glad that he's, uh, he's producing well for Pittsburgh. Anybody that kind of doubted him, screw you. They gave him the extension, well deserved.
Speaker 3: Cam Hayward him washed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he has the second most defensive tackles of sacks at defensive tackle now, you know, eighth and total pressure highest, you know, like second highest win rate. He's he's been a beast. And I put Zach Allen as my my other second team defensive tackle for the Denver Broncos. So justin defensive player of the Year usually comes from these two groups. Who you think is defensive Player of the year though right now, I don't feel like there's a clear no.
Speaker 2: Still wants to say Aden Hutchinson, but that's not because.
Speaker 3: That's how impressive.
Speaker 1: When we did our award show couple. Yeah, he got injured last week, but this week he's still in my Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: He's still like top fifteen of a lot of these past rushing categories, which is which we really did get robbed of probably what was going to be one of the best seasons in like in decades and in literally decades, and Hunch was on pace for that. I I would give it to it would Trey Hendrickson, guy. I think it just has had its leaning sacks, right?
Speaker 1: Is he going to get it on a bad defense?
Speaker 2: Though, So then again, it feels like like if you're if you were to go over DraftKings, like TJ. Watt is just always up there, and I feel like TJ watch just TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt probably has the best off because he's always like, you know, towards twenty almost at twenty sacks every year.
Speaker 2: And the Steelers are the Steelers aren't just good, they're they're like good good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're leading the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what I would say, I don't think there's a corner.
Speaker 1: So I would if you ask me who who's gonna win it? TJ Watt right now, who should win it? It's Trey Hendrick. Oh yes, I agree with that, all right, linebacker. Now this is where my second guy, Fred Warner, first team. I'll be honest, I don't have a lot of strong take so I went first team Fred Warner. That one was easy, Like I watched him play. He's nuts, he's having, you know, maybe his best year. Jack Campbell for the short Lions. I put second as this other first team All Pro, and then I put j Oka, Jeremiah Usa Kormos second team, and Devin Lloyd for the jag second team.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you who I have as right next to Fred Warner? And this is based off of I have watched this guy play, you know, maybe like I haven't watched a ton of j Oka this year, even though if you're a listener of the show, you know how much I love ja Oka. He's playing ninety two percent of the snaps, which that was my that was my main ass for the Cleveland Browns. Hey, let's let's not play this guy that gets twenty tackles for loss seventy six percent.
Speaker 3: Let's bump that up.
Speaker 2: So they're doing that this year. Obviously, Roquan Smith's a dude, He's a dog. He got hurt, you know, he got hurt last week.
Speaker 1: But I've been playing bad honestly this year to Roquan.
Speaker 2: The guy that I have next to Fred Warner, it's Zach Bond for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 1: I thought about putting him in here. I need to pay more attention to him though.
Speaker 2: He makes impact plays, game changing plays left and right, whether they're tackles, whether it's past deflections, whether it's plays and coverage like he flies all over. And I think it was Vic Fangio that I think he was like an off ball linebacker, like an outside linebacker for the majority of his career so far, and then they converted him to off ball interior linebacker. And that is the best decision that anybody has made in his NFL career. So it saved his NFL career where he went from a guy that, hey, he's a decent player, a journeyman will play sometimes to full time starter, impact player, and I think he deserves to be up there with the top interior linebackers in the NFL right now just makes impact plays every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Vic Vangiel has gotten the absolute most out of him, and he definitely could have been in there for me. Corner man, This is where I get a little excuse. I feel like there's a lot of ones. First team Patrick certain Junior for the Denver Broncos, and I know he hasn't been as dominant the last few games, but Jalen Johnson, who I think is the best corner in the NFL for the Chicago Bears. But Certain, man, he's giving up one hundred and forty two yards and ten games and eighteen catches while also having three interceptions and two pass breakoups. Like he's giving up fourteen yards per game. Again, Like, I feel like we need to stop making Defensive Player of the Year essentially only a pass rusher award because Patrick Sartain's making as good of an argument for it as anybody in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think out of corners with at least fifty percent of the minimum threshold of snaps played on PFF for their premium stats, he's allowed the least amount of yards and I don't even think it's even close. Man, so there are some stats that we talked about earlier on I like we were I think it was on our one of our award shows that we did a couple of weeks ago. It said, Pat certain like they are they are allowing him to shadow number one corners. It's not just pick a side play aside. He's shadowing these number one corners. He's following these guys, he's dominating them. He's making players on the football. He has some interceptions on the ledger this year too, pretty sure of one of them is a pick six. I mean, Pat certains one of the biggest reasons why this Broncos defense is where it is. You know, obviously they have that pass rush, they get after it up front, but you know you got to have the guys in the back that are going to hold up in Pats Certain's holding up these number one wide receivers.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then I put Jalen Johnson as my other one. I mean, he's best in the NFL and snaffs per reception allowed. You know, again, not not quite as dominant as the last two years, but that's like his last two years were unbelievably ridiculous. He has two interceptions that Bears defense actually is still really good regards despite the fact that they continue to lose games over there. You know, I had a hard time leaving off though, who Kenyon Kenyon Mitchell? Oh who. By the way, I'm in love with our draft takes this year where I'm like, Jared Versus my number one defensive player in the draft, and Kenya Mitchell's my number two like and they were like the two guys who I viewed as worthy of top ten picks in the NFL draft. And I'm I'm still pissed off with the Atlanta Falcons that they didn't draft year adverse when they're going for it now and they have the worst pass rush in the NFL and it allows them to be such a piece of shit defense because they can't rush the pass at all. Yes, it makes me angry, but hey, Michael Pennix, you know, when he's twenty seven and gets that first start, it's gonna be nasty. Hopefully Pennix is great. It makes me eat my words. But Mitchell's been nuts, dude.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: His first four games two hundred and fifteen yards allowed fourteen receptions, the last six games seventy eight yards on nine receptions. He has seven pass breakups on the year, no touchdowns allowed, no interceptions, So he like he he's not first team All Pro right now, because it's how did you do a whole year? And I thought the first four games, there's a lot of good moments, but there still was some you know, bad plays that he gave up in coverage. But he looked like he belie long. Absolutely, he's become really good down the stretch. And I think Jared Vers is going to be the runaway defensive Rookie of the year just because of the nature of that award, and we'd look at the pass rushers first, but Kenyon Mitchell is having a phenomenal rookie year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I didn't put him at the top like that at the top. Like the second guy that I have is Marlon Humphrey from the race.
Speaker 1: He was on my second team Off Pro as well.
Speaker 2: Five interceptions, yeah, five interceptions, a QB rating of fifty five point six. It's one of the lowest in the league. You know, thirty two catches on the year, three hundred and thirteen yards. The next guy that I have, I have Derek Singley. You know, got a chance to watch him on national television going going up against Ceedee Lamb. You know, I think he's actually the lowest in quarterback ratings so far this year. Yeah, forty nine point seven. It's actually him and Kamari Lassiter as one and two. Then Marlon Humphrey is three with the lowest passer ratings allowed out of a corners that have played at least around two hundred and fifty ish.
Speaker 3: So I have Derek.
Speaker 2: Singley two or excuse me three because I've pascertained Marlon Humphrey Derek Singly, and then I have an honorable mention of I love the way that Zion McCollum has played. I know he's had some some bad moments this year, but Zion McCollum has had some really really good games. He's been really physical too, on a Bucks defense that asked you to be physical, similar to similar with the with the Broncos. Right, you have a team that's blitzing up front, a team that wants to be aggressive, and you need a corner back there that's going to take care of business, and Zion mccoum has done that.
Speaker 1: We gotta go quick. First team safety, Oh what could have been the new York Giants safety duo. Instead we got fucking Deontay Banks and Jason Pennock e Xavier McKinney and Brian Branch same as me. McKinney six interceptions, the second most, Brian Branch most forcing completions, most pass breakups, third most interceptions, crazy in the run game, makes big hits as attack where Brian Branch I cannot, I will never get over the end. Like he is going to be my perfect example every year of when we downgrade these safeties go like, look at the Ford time when they they did it with the Xavier McKenney. They did it with Kyle Hamilton, and he's like watch him play football. Safety is a mental position and he's there. And then second team even Kirby Joseph from the Lions as well. He has the most intercepts in the NFL at seven. And then I know Jesse Bates doesn't have the great stats, but you know reference when I talked about how bad the Falcons, pastor says, he's still just as dominant. I put Jesse Bates as my second team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Falcons don't allow a lot of big plays, So Jesse Bates is good and my first team is the exact same Brian Branch and Xavier McKinney. And let the record show that in that year's draft I liked Brian Branch more.
Speaker 3: Than you did.
Speaker 1: Nope, you didn't. He was the guy I wanted there. No, so Brian, I wish Brian Branch and Ximer mckining was with the Giants. Safety deal was so bad right now, so freaking bad, but it isn't. So we'll see you guys on Friday with Chris Rose. Until then, that is Football Today.
Speaker 3: What's up? Dan Patrick?
Speaker 2: Show? Listeners, It's justin Pennock from the thing that you just listened to, And if you know John Boy Media, you probably know it because of its baseball coverage.
Speaker 3: But good news is we got football coverage too.
Speaker 2: The show that you just listen to, Football Today, It's gonna air three times a week Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have our Wednesday episodes from now on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we do have episodes that also air on Mondays and Fridays on its own Football Today feed on podcast apps. You can also find us on YouTube at jam Football. We do trivia videos on there as well, so come hang out with us.
Speaker 3: If you enjoyed it. Hope you didn't enjoy this episode. We'll see you in the future. Weeks to come.