Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Alyssa is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Bryce. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see ifiel tell us why is ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Alyssa, how long has it been since you heard from Bryce?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, you guys, it's been I want to say two weeks, Okay, Like that's legitimate. I gave it a week and I was like, okay, maybe he's just like super busy or got like late COVID, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, sorry, Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I gave him a better hit of it, doubt, But like now it's been too long, you know, And I just I really really liked this guy a lot, and I thought we had a really you know, strong connection. But like then just to hear absolutely nothing, I'm just kind of like, okay, like I.
Speaker 5: Need to find out what happened, you know, Yeah, did you try to reach out to him to like instigate the conversation or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just like I don't think anything went wrong, you know, I like maybe something on the d might have.
Speaker 6: Scared him off.
Speaker 1: Like I just I'm not sure because like he was so adamant about reaching out to me and like you know, wanting to stay close and connected, and then for him to just drop off a cliff like that, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 6: Something's going on, you know, like now I'm.
Speaker 1: Playing detective, you know.
Speaker 6: And we actually we.
Speaker 1: First met and like clicked over Instagram because we both have Frenchies, very specific type of dog lover. It's a lifestyle choice, you know, so we're part of a small community of French ye lovers and you know, we just like bonded over our adorable dog children. And you know, after a couple of weeks like chatting back and forth, I invited him to go with me to an Italian cooking class.
Speaker 4: Oh that's fun, that's really fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it was like super romantic.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to go.
Speaker 6: As a friend who failed, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, this is perfect, Like it's not gonna be awkward. We have an activity, you know, like we're not just going to be like sitting across from each other, like what if you know, how like if you meet someone online or like you're just texting, it could be weird when you finally meet in person, you know, but right so you don't know. But when I met him, I was like, oh my god, I'm like totally floored. Like he's so cute, he's so fun and like we were flirting, like getting really like you know, touchy feely and the pastas like we're it was a good excuse to like accidentally touch each other, you know. I mean it was like major wrong con vibes, Like I was living my best Kate husband life. You know, this is amazing, right, and he's like so funny, so charming, and he impressed the whole class. Like it was just anyway, Like I said, I really liked him. That's why I'm now very confused. And you know, it was just like a perfect date. So that's why I just can't. I'm like going back in my mind trying to think of anything that I said or that he said that was like I don't.
Speaker 6: Know something I missed you can think of. I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: Honestly, like we were like making out by the end of the class, like outside, you know, I just like got real spicy like super fun and I honestly, if anything, I mean, it was like too perfect, So I don't know, like can it be too perfect? And then that's the problem, Like so I don't know, like maybe he's also or there's just something he didn't tell me, you know, and maybe he's afraid to tell me.
Speaker 6: So I just amen trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: And it's weird because like now I'm checking his instagram, I feel like like a mini like low key stocker, which I'm totally not normally at all, Like I don't even date that much, so it's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: You don't even have to explain yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would do the same thing because I'm like, are you alive two weeks?
Speaker 4: It's a perfect date? Did you die?
Speaker 6: What if he's in the hospital, Like what if I should be concerned? You know, right, Like should you be worried at this place? Hotually not?
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, well plas, I'll come back get your first afe follow up next right in the middle of your first date follow up and if you're just joining us. Alyssa is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Bryce. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Alyssa, why don't you catch us up on your situation real quick?
Speaker 1: Okay? So perfectly met on Instagram and when we met in person it was like over the top, like chemistry, super amazing making up by the end of the day, and then just like nothing.
Speaker 6: For two weeks.
Speaker 1: So I'm like almost concerned at this point because there was no indis solution of anything that went wrong, you know, and it was almost too perfect.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go. Hello him, I speak to Bryce please. Oh yeah, this is Brice Bryce.
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: My name is Jeubel and I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bryce Whole shows Here. My name's Nina Hi, and I'm Victorian. How are you?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, okay, do apologize for just try to do better in the future. Well, we do a segment on our show called the First Aid follow Up. What that is is if you go out on a date with someone and you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. Oh okay, so you're ghosting somebody and they emailed us. Do you have any idea who that would be?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, where do you think it is?
Speaker 8: I think it's probably Alissa.
Speaker 4: You are probably correct.
Speaker 2: Alyssa emailed us and told us about your date and she's confused, So would you mind telling us why you're a ghostinger?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, it was Listen, it was a great day.
Speaker 8: I didn't expect it to be that great actually, and she was kind of amazing. And we we did.
Speaker 6: We really hit it off.
Speaker 8: I mean, we got along, we connected on you know a lot of important things like that are in a lot. I mean, obviously our dogs. I'm sure she probably told you about that, being you know, being a French to frenchy dog owner.
Speaker 4: You know, this is kind of.
Speaker 6: A whole thing. And no, it was great.
Speaker 4: It was a lot.
Speaker 8: It was kind of one of I just had this moment afterwards of like thinking like, oh, this isn't going to I don't know how casual this is really going to be felt like this is just going to jump a lot of steps, you know, and and I don't I don't know if I'm I don't know if I'm ready for that. I just moved here not that long ago, and I started with a new company, and so a lot of my time was focused on that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: When we went out, I kind of was one of my first free nights in a long time. And I just I don't know if I really have the space of my life right now for like a serious relationship, which I think is probably where this is going to go. And I don't want to, you know, string it out longer and you know us get a lot more emotions involved, and then you know, just to you know, break it off or disappoint her, you know, because then I'm like I'm not available or you know, all kinds of things.
Speaker 5: But does it feel like you just skipped a lot of steps, like thinking about the future before you even go on a second date. I mean I understand, like I guess I kind of get fear, Like I think there's always fear involved when you date somebody new, But how do you know that you're going to disappoint her, you know what I mean, unless you're planning on it.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I'm not. I'm not planning on it. But I just she just seems she's just.
Speaker 8: Really great, you know, and I that's great all that, and I just I just I don't I don't want to, you know, I just came into town.
Speaker 6: I want to.
Speaker 8: I guess I don't want to get a bad reputation already, you know, and have an enemy ill you.
Speaker 5: Know, well, because you think you're to date other girls or it's just like you don't have time for her.
Speaker 6: I'm just worried. Yeah, I'm worried that, you know.
Speaker 8: I'm just I'm going to end up not actually having time for her, and she's you know, I'm going to make it seem like we can get invested and that it's you know, it's not really you know, I don't really have that availability.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't really know what to say. I'm just worried that you're gonna fall in love too quickly.
Speaker 5: I mean I think that that's pretty cool when you meet somebody special.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, but.
Speaker 8: It's like, you know, I just got here, and it's like, is this really happening? Like it's it's scary and maybe I am over, you know.
Speaker 9: I kind of almost want to ask, like, are you sure you don't just want to be single for a little bit, Like it's kind of sounds like you move to a new city, you just want to play the field, hang out.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a bit of that, but I'm also like.
Speaker 8: At an age where it's like, you know, I would like instability, I would like somebody to kind of share my life with. But yeah, no, I did just get here, so it's like am I already making that step, you know, with somebody when I.
Speaker 6: Just got here?
Speaker 4: So well, thank you for being honest with us. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And now I'll let you know that Alissa's actually been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: She's on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Hi, Hi, Sorry, not trying to like make it weird, maybe too late.
Speaker 6: But thanks for answering that question.
Speaker 1: Like I was definitely curious, you know what happened, because I thought I was like, Okay, this is like too perfect, you know, and it's definitely not me.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no offense, Like I was just like okay, like just because we had so much fun and there was so much chemistry and like, you know, I had no idea that you were going through so much on your own.
Speaker 6: But we can take things slow.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be like you know, this runaway train that like I'm not like rushing to the altar like tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I mean, I would.
Speaker 1: Veous like I'm down, but I also, you know, don't necessarily want to get married by Elvis. So but we can like chill, you know, like I'm totally down to hang out more and you know, like just kind kind of get to know each other better while you're still kind of learning ropes of you know, like a new place. And it can be a lot all at once. But it's more fun if you're hanging out with someone that you.
Speaker 8: Like, right, I mean, if if you're if you can understand and like want to take it slow, because I mean that date was they got pretty fast.
Speaker 6: But I mean, yeah, we can just take it slow.
Speaker 8: I think, uh, I can give.
Speaker 4: Me try, right, will you go on another date with LISTA? We'll pay for it?
Speaker 8: Oh well yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Wow, we're the winners of the second date, It's My Dream of Dream for
Speaker 1: Today's first date follow up