Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Doctor Shelley care with US PhD has worked with thousands of people for more than twenty years around the world, helping them achieve greater peace and happiness in their lives. Are renowned past life regressionist in one of the world's leading authorities on energy, healing and mind body medicine. Her award winning books have been translated into multiple languages around the world. Shelley believes we all have the power to rewrite our stories and create the life of our dreams. Her latest work is called Life Stream Journey into Past and Future Lives. But you also have another book that came out this year called Ancestral Healing, right, Shelley.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got to Heal your ancestors to here your life excuse me. Came out in twenty twenty one, and then I've got a forthcoming book that Leu Ellen has picked up and so that is now going to be it coming out next year.
Speaker 2: You don't stop, do you?
Speaker 3: Apparently not. I can't help myself.
Speaker 2: At what point in your career did you start learning about task lives and reincarnation.
Speaker 3: It really started in childhood. I lived in Colorado Springs when I was a kid, and in Colorado Springs the town south of there called Pueblo that was the home of Virginia Tie and Maury Bernstein. Maury wrote the book called The Search for Bridy Murphy.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. I remember now.
Speaker 3: This woman who had really bad allergies and she went to the hypnotherapist to get help and ended up recounting her life in Ireland. And so my mother met the woman at a luncheon, bought the book The Search for Brady Murphy, brought it home, and I don't know what normal people were doing at the dinner table, but we were talking about past lives and it struck me and it stayed with me for many, many years.
Speaker 2: How old were you?
Speaker 3: Probably around eleven or twelve, because I lived in Albuquerque til I was ten, so still at a very formative age at that point.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say that, Shelley, because at eleven is when I heard my first and only out of body experience.
Speaker 3: Aha.
Speaker 2: I was in bed, didn't go to school that day, one of the rare times I didn't go, and I woke up on the ceiling looking down at my body. And I'm going, what the heck is going on? I'm eleven years old too enough, And as soon as I saw myself lying in bed, slam right back to my body and I know jarred up and I didn't know what it was. I went to the library and stumbled into astral projection in the occult section. It was fascinating. And so you had your experience is at about eleven as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that definitely changes a person's life. So when you had your out of body, you weren't sick or anything, You just pop out of your body.
Speaker 2: I stayed home. I don't know why I did, but I wasn't ill, and it was just I woke up bouncing on the ceiling, hovering right over my body.
Speaker 3: Were you able to do it again?
Speaker 2: Like, nope. I've never been able to duplicate it, even at this age now. I mean I've gotten close, but I've really never been able to separate and go into the astral plane. It just like I can't do it. I've tried. I've had more experts on than you can imagine, using their techniques, but it just doesn't work for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody wants to do that. I think that's very hard to do. I guess it's easy for some people, but I've never been able to do it either.
Speaker 2: What about past life regressions? When did you stumble into that?
Speaker 3: So I'd heard obviously about reincarnation through the book, read the book to cover, believed in it. And then when I was in my twenties, I had a friend who went off to a hiking trip in New Mexico and ended up invited me to go. I didn't go. I was busy whatever, And I found out that he had fallen off the cliffs and passed away. And so about two months after his death, I was coming home. I used to be a traveling salesperson back in the early days, so I had a company car. I was out, came home on a Friday, walked up the driveway and gazed into the window of my house at the time, and I saw him standing in the window of my home. Whoo, and he was just smiling at me, and I got very scared. I went, oh, you know, I ran away for a minute and I came back and then he was gone.
Speaker 2: But he was not threatening, was he No, he was just smiling.
Speaker 3: It just scared me. Yeah, like it. You look like you've seen a ghost. I mean, it was very startling. And so what had happened prior to seeing him? What? I had never been to a funeral before at that point, I was in my mid twenties. I'd never had a friend pass away or anything. So I was at the funeral home and I had I was standing over his body, and I said, oh, I wish I could see you again. So once he appeared in the window, I thought, oh, my gosh, you know, what have I done. I've obviously, you know, set his soul to wandering. And he started appearing in many places, like I was in a restaurant with some friends. I sensed his presence next to me. I felt I was crying tears that were not my own. I smelled cologne in a car in my car, saw lights in a darkened car on a highway. And so I started really looking into like how could I get him to go away and you know, go into the light or whatever he needed to do. And that's really when I started looking into, you know, going to psychic mediums and things like that. Eventually he went away and then about ten years well, no, actually, after I reread this book. This is the twentieth anniversary, believe it or not, of my book live stream, so in here I'm more specific. It was about six years after his death. I was living back in Colorado again at that time, and he started making appearances again. I was having these same sensations and somebody said, well, maybe you should go get a regression, and so I did, and then that's when I discovered that we had known each other many, many times.
Speaker 2: Is it important for people Shelley to get a past life regression?
Speaker 3: I think for me at least and for others, normally you're not going to necessarily do this unless there's some problem happening or an issue. Sometimes you're curious, but I do think it's usually issues that are gonna drive somebody to do that. And a lot of times people have looked all other places and then suddenly this is, you know, kind of like a last resort.
Speaker 2: Interesting why bother.
Speaker 3: Again? I think if if you, I mean, you could look at the lady from the Search for Writing workw She has allergies and I guess they were fairly bad, and you know, she's gone to medical science to look for answers. And when you look and look and look, and things are not getting better, then eventually you'll bother to say, well, you know what if there's something to this, And that's what happened to me. Somebody said, well, you know, why would he keep coming back here? Maybe you've got unfinished business from the past. And so then you start to dig deeper and look, you know, into other places that are a bit more mysterious than what normally meets the eye.
Speaker 2: Realistically, how many past lives can somebody have? What do you think?
Speaker 3: I would say, on an average, most of the people I run into probably can recall about five. But I've also worked with people who they come into a session and they're just just telling you again and again and again, maybe twenty different lives that they've had. So theoretically I guess they're unlimited, but most people are going to get about five.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had somebody who had a past life on another planet?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes. The book Past Lives in Ancient Lands and Other Worlds talks about people who went into other planets. I had a guy in there who thought he was floating around in a spaceship. I've had people interacting with different beings. Again, they come in really for the same reason. They're trying to get to the origin point of an issue they have, but instead of going back to let's say the Middle Ages, then they go back to the spaceship or the other planet where they can sense their soul, you know, working through these same issues in a different time, in a different world. In that case, tell.
Speaker 2: Me about the Akashak records.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The Akashak records are said to be a vast wellspring of information that contains all things that have ever happened, past, present, future are recorded in this I think of it as a multi dimensional space, and so we can use guided imagery and hypnosis or even meditation to tap into the information that is sitting there in the Akashak records, including our past lives, future memories, and things like that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. You've also had some Biblical experiences with some people, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I occasionally. One of the things I talked about in this book is I don't normally run into famous people, which is one of the things that makes me feel that the regressions are more valid, is because most people are normal people. But in this book, I did recount some of the earlier case histories I had. I used to regress a lot of biblical characters. One gentleman believes he was James from the Bible, I regressed Mother Mary, Saint Bernadette, Mary Magdalene, Sarah, Mary Magdalene's daughter, Apostle Paul, and others. I don't I don't really see as many biblical people as much now as I used to. But back in the early days, I definitely did tell me.
Speaker 2: About the Egyptian queens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to bring this up. You and I have been talking for many years about how I always say that I've regressed several Cleopatras in Dallas, Texas. But after I actually reread this material to put out this twentieth edition, I realized it was actually neffertd that there was six nepfer tds in Dallas, Texas that I had regressed early in my career. And then we're always talking about your friend Luise who comes on the show and talks about her life as Cleopatra, and so you know, I guess I got my queen's mixed up. So now I'm starting to really think, you know, the way she speaks about that and her life is Cleopatra. You know, I'm convinced, you know, it really could be her.
Speaker 2: Does everybody need past life regression to realize what they were in other lives.
Speaker 3: They don't necessarily know. Clato first identified something that he called an amnisis, which is a soul knowing. So there is a phenomenon where you just know who you were. You don't need to go into an altered state. There's people that I've talked to who will say, well, you know, I know that I lived a past life in England, or I know that I did this or that. And in this book I talk about a gentleman who told me very definitively, look I'm Julius Caesar, and we could say the same for your friend Luis. She just says, look, I'm Cleopatra. I just know this. She knows things about the Egyptian times, and she just has that top of mind in her soul memory. So it's not necessary.
Speaker 2: No, what are the main reasons why Shelley people want to be regressed.
Speaker 3: It's really the same reasons they want any kind of intuitive intervention. Let's say love, like they're having relationship problems or family problems, not that anyone has, but you know, we do health challenges or what I would call under the umbrella of security, which would be like prosperity issues, maybe releasing deep fears or traumas and things like that. So it's pretty basic, but under those three categories there's all kinds of iterations to that.
Speaker 2: Let's go through some of these categories. Tell us about the love part.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of people in regression who I would say this is the most common, like they're having a love relationship. And typically if you have to ask the question should I be with this person, let's just say sometimes we probably know the answer to that. So a lot of times people do want to travel into past lives and they want to say, well, you know, I've got this connection to this person or I'm trying to figure out if I should even stay with them or not, and so they'll want to go into the past life where a lot of times, yes, you can find out that they've lived these lives with these people before. In that past life experience, once they're gazing out their own eyes, they're in another time, but yet there is a story that they're going to have And I'll say, okay, so what's happening there with this other person now that you have known them before in this earlier time, And they'll say, wow, you know, in that lifetime we were doing this, this, and this, and we're doing the same things now, and so it gets to be helpful to identify these patterns. And then if these are good things, then we want to encourage more good things in our life. And if it's not so good, then obviously the person would then need to make some changes.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. What about health related issues, what's the benefit there?
Speaker 3: Sometimes? You know, I'm real help hesitant to a certain degree to say that past life progression or even energy healing. You know, I talk a lot about energy healing and other books whether or not that's going to one hundred percent assist somebody with health problems. But a lot of times health challenges do a originate in prior incarnations. And you know, we've got these past life experiences, but we've also got energetic thought forms, energy balls of energy that are stuck in our field that have to do with memories of the past or health challenges. So we can go into the past and simply by observing again those origin points of where certain health challenges became a problem, sometimes those health challenges can be relieved. I had one woman in this book that was really an interesting case she had a lot of current life health problems. She had a broken sternum, she'd been in a car accident, she had liver problems, and all kinds of things. And she actually told me that in her current life, she was in a car accident and she was being medicated and they put her they thought she was dead.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, in real life, they.
Speaker 3: Thought she was dead real life. In this life, they put her in a body bag and they were carrying her down to the morgue. When she started to come to, oh, and she had so many help problems. So she wanted to go into past lives and see if there was something in the past lives that was causing all of this weird stuff to happen to her. And she went back to a life in the nineteen hundreds, and she saw that she had fallen down a staircase and had broken her neck. And so we did a healing around that we can send healing light, we can cut cords between the person that we are today and the person we were in the past. And she ended up actually, you know, really having benefit from that. She said she had less pain and she was feeling a little bit less stiff in certain areas, so sometimes that really can help people a lot.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AA every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more