Speaker 1: So I'm hesitant to talk about this, but I'm going to because it kind of the only reason I ever talk about something is if it kind of has a greater meaning. So there's a whole world of clickbait, and I guess there's a line meaning. Sometimes you'll read something and you think you know what it is and it's not anything close to the headline. So podcasts, for example, if you're scrolling social media, you could I've never never listened to a podcast, and a lot of you think you've listened to podcasts because of the clips coming through TikTok or social media, like you're like, oh yeah, Gwyneth Paltrow was on call her Daddy and she said this, but like, that's because you saw a clip, and a lot of us think that we know what's going on because of clips that we've seen. So I bring this up because I did a TikTok about Teresa Giudice.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything bad. I said, oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, please don't enter that closet, Like no, because Teresa has some issues financially that could happen to many people, and tax issues, and I literally self deprecated myself and said The only person who is a worst picker than Teresa is myself. I did a TikTok talking about for the purpose of talking to Frankly, the younger generation about how to protect themselves with prenups and use this story as a cautionary tale because it is one.
Speaker 2: She went to jail.
Speaker 1: She's a woman who's successful and was on a television show. You know, I don't know any women who have gone to jail for a significant period of time. Her and Martha Stewart, Okay went to jail. I think it was the same jail. So that's scary. And I could say that could happen to anyone, but like, it couldn't happen to everyone, but it happened to her, and it was a cautionary tale. And you know, paying in cash and not knowing what's going with your husband's finances and all of these things.
Speaker 2: So she's still on television all these years later. She meets someone.
Speaker 1: I guess everyone had warned her about this guy, and I don't know this guy. I met him once and again, I didn't see the show with him. I've rolled my eyes when people have said bad things about him. Because she seems in love and she seems happy, and you never know what's going on with a person.
Speaker 2: But if they's smoke this fire, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it comes out that they've got these this financial problem and I'm thinking, you don't get a parking ticket if you've ever been to jail, like it doesn't matter, the fifty shades of gray of financial issues, Like you don't have any financial issues if you've ever been to jail for financial issues with the government, like, you don't fuck around. So it's not saying something bad about her to hear that, to go, oh my god, wow, like things happen. I didn't blame her at all. I just said I was going to jump through the television when she didn't sign a prenup. I was talking to you, guys. I wasn't talking to her, and I'm not. It's really just like, that's a story in the news, and she's a public person, a public person on television in a reality show. Why would it be okay that Andy Cohen can ask her about it? Because he definitely would on a reunion if she was on one, or she could put her whole life out there for other women to talk about. I'm saying something that's extremely normal and in the headlines and like innocuous, like I didn't say, oh, she's an idiot or have the hell.
Speaker 2: I just said, oh my god, no, Teresa.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So now let's keep moving on.
Speaker 1: In the clickbait discussion, so I mentioned this and Teresa's daughter Jia. Now, I said in a later TikTok, I don't know which one Gia is. I swear I remember Malania being the name of the girl that like was going to try to act or did like dance recitals or pageants or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was like a little kid stage mom Teresa moment early on, and I thought that was Mlanie.
Speaker 2: I think Blanni is the oldest one.
Speaker 1: I think she Four daughters is what I recall, and I don't know who's who, and I don't know who is in the public eye because I didn't watch the show. I literally don't know which one, but I've seen pictures of all four of them, and they're all pretty girls.
Speaker 2: They all look alike. They all look very much alike.
Speaker 1: I feel like, So anyway, one daughter has a podcast, and I guess on her first or second episode, she talked about me, and people are saying like, Wow, that's clickbait. She's using you to get people to watch your podcasts. And I'm like, right, that's what's going on. And whenever people say it's clickbait, like what is anyone doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? What is Teresa doing on television? She there? So no one watches.
Speaker 1: They want ratings, all of them do. That's the point. So everybody's on television. And I know because I was the one who used to demand that we get them every week, because the ratings used to be hidden from us because they didn't want us to know how valuable we were, so then they would have to pay us more or we'd want more, and that would always be a battle. I'd be like, why don't you guys tell us what the ratings are and when we do really well, give us a reward and be like yay. But it was like they didn't want us to know. That's a digress because it has nothing to do with this. I'm just saying, when you're on television, you choose to be on television. You want ratings. And people used to be really competitive because Atlanta used to get the most ratings and I think Jersey was second, and then Beverly Hills shot to the top, and New York was never the highest rated except for one season.
Speaker 2: It was really close, but it was.
Speaker 1: Like a darling because it was a media darling and it just had a special niche because it's New York. Anyway, we wanted to be the highest and you were sort of competitive about it. And anybody who's on TikTok or Instagram is not doing it because it's a charity, because it's saving lives. They're doing it because they want views. So I guess Teresa went on something and was like, yeah, Bethany is you know, got millions of views using my name, which you know, get in line because everybody's doing that. Now I get millions of views for talking about Chanelle and chicken salad and like lively tune of fish.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: So to the flavor of the day was talking about Teresa with the goal of educating young people on how difficult it is to go through the process of a prenup, but that it's not for rich people and that it's completely necessary, and that not having a prenup no matter what your financial status is or who is the moneyed spouse, because you don't know what happens later, and you don't know who makes money later. You could have been a normal person married to a woman and then she got in the housewives later and she makes millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't know.
Speaker 1: Anything can happen in a horse race, but not having a prenup in twenty twenty five in a marriage is like going and buying a car and just the contract is on a cocktail napkin, or you're selling your house and you just shake the hand and say, don't worry about it. I trust you, you're good for it. So I don't know Teresa. And because we happen to have been in the same franchise, it doesn't mean like we're friends. And she's in some like protected bucket where I'm not going to talk about something that could help younger people because it's not that easy.
Speaker 2: Lightning doesn't strike twice for most people.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure that the daughter's just protecting the mom, and they're also very defensive about it. But like I I know that one of the biggest things the first time was Teresa acting like everything was fine and nothing happened, like she was she kind of gased like the whole situation and would never really acknowledge what had happened. And instead she could have used her platform for financial literacy, like get educated on the topic and try to help other people. That's what happens. People do drugs, they get a duy, they go try to help other people. Like I just think that that would be a good use. And this feels wild that she would get herself into a situation, and I hope it resolves itself. But I have spoken to Teresa, and I know she's a hard work and I know she's a good loyal mom, and.
Speaker 2: That's you know it.
Speaker 1: So sometimes something affects me very deeply and it sticks more than other things. Like some things activate or heighten or trigger us individually more than other people. Obviously, one of those things for me was Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Speaker 2: I was going through a bad divorce.
Speaker 1: It was at a time in my life when I just was clinging to my daughter. I remember I moved out of the marital residence and moved into a friend's apartment uptown, and people used to say, like, you should never let them sleep with you. They shouldn't sleep with you, the kids shouldn't sleep with you, and I was so clinging and needy that my daughter would sleep with me every single night, and it was like when they're little, they're running around, you can't like they're like hurting cats. And it was the one time because I only had her half the time that I could like really have her all to myself. And there were some other circumstances going on in the shared apartment where if I was in there, she was distracted and enticed to go in another room, and I felt like I was like breathless always trying to be with her, and so I would sleep in bed with her all night and it was the best feeling because she's sleeping, so just snuggling, and even though it's terrible when they're sick, like when they're sick, like they're just like they need you and they're on top of you, and it's like you cherish that too, not that you want them ever to be sick, but like you just get those days where it's like they're yours to yourself. It's why people love breastfeeding. It's why some men get a little threatened by breastfeeding or jealous or wanting the bottle because you know it doesn't involve them and I think that does happen. So Sandy Hook Elementary School happened during that time, and I just I don't even want to discuss what it was if you don't remember, but it was a tragic event in Connecticut, and I was fixated and obsessed and I just wanted my daughter in my arms and that submarine. For some reason, I was completely obsessed with and fixated on Casey Anthony. I was fixated on later, and some people have recently been fixated on it because she was on TikTok acting like nothing ever happened, Like she came on there, like she was just like, Hey, if you don't know me, I'm Casey Anthony.
Speaker 2: We're like immediately now we remember.
Speaker 1: And there's someone that I know whose parent has cancer and it's not going that great. And he was saying that he was exposed to radiation during the war and different things like that. You know, my father passed away from leukemia, and he always believed that it came through the skin cancer that he had in his lip, because he always had because he had like a bigger lip on the bottom and it like stuck out and from being in the sun all those years, his lip every day in the morning when he went out to train horses would be exposed to the sun and he got skin cancer. And he's always was always convinced that that was how he got cancer. Again, I don't know enough about it this, so please don't quote me, or you can correct me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But nevertheless, even if there is no reason, it's just a terrible luck of the draw. It's made me get inspired to dump any toxic materials. I said to my staff, like dump all toxic cleaning supplies, candles, things like that, like pans. I'm trying to get my shit together and like really think of that, to remove as much as possible toxic ingredients from the home, to be better about washing vegetables, to be doing organic more, like to think about my next step will be the products I talk about and my daughter. I'm not going to get fixated and fastidious. And I also don't like to dump obsession on my kid with like food or things like that, or organizing or any of my stuff. So I'm trying to be mindful. But if I at least start in the home where what I have in the home and then just talk to her about it. They're so educated these kids, they learn more than we do in many ways about everything. So she'll no and no time anyway about being more green and caring about the environment and all that stuff. But anyway, I'm just going to try to do my part, so maybe we all will. I know it can be expensive, but like buy less, but quality quality versus quantity. So I would say try to let's focus on non toxic ingredients and not to become obsessive. And people roll their eyes, and you know, organic food is more expensive, but like do our best and you can be educated on what you should buy that's organic if you can't afford everything. So I mean, like I know, spinach and strawberries are very porous, so it's more important to buy them in organic than it is like a banana or an avocado or an orange or something like that.
Speaker 2: Just food for thought.