Speaker 1: This is me, Craig Ferguson.
Speaker 2: I'm inviting you to come and see my brand new comedy hour. Well it's actually it's about an hour and a half and I don't have an opener because these guys cost money. But what I'm saying is I'll be on stage for a while. Anyway, come and see me live on the Pants on Fire Tour in your region. Tickets our own sale now, and we'll be adding more as the tour continues throughout twenty twenty five and beyond. For a full list of dates, go to the Craig Ferguson show dot com.
Speaker 1: See you on the road, my DearS.
Speaker 2: My name is Craig Ferguson. The name of this podcast is Joy. I talk to interesting people about what brings them happiness. Meet Rita Wilson. She's a producer, she's an actress, and she's a hell of a laugh. I was just thinking on the way here today, I thought, because the traffic was bad, I know, you know, that was bad.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was a little grumpy, and I thought, I'm a bit grumpy today. I'm a little I'm a man called great today.
Speaker 1: That was such a great film, which one the man called Auto.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was a man called Crege. I was like, I was very cranky. Yeah, how did you find that?
Speaker 3: Fortunately it came in a DVD packet through the Academy.
Speaker 1: It was another movie.
Speaker 3: Then it was I saw the Swedish film.
Speaker 1: First, I think you got the script or something.
Speaker 3: No, we developed the script, but I found it through the Swedish movie, and then I realized there was a book to it, so immediately tried to get the rights to the book, which we were able to do and then got a great team together.
Speaker 1: I love that movie really good. I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Youreed the movie right, produced it okay, which, as everybody knows, if you're really into your business, you know you really did the job.
Speaker 3: You know what, it can be unequivocally honest about that and say y's true.
Speaker 2: It is because the only one time I directed a movie and I didn't produce it, I've only gone like three or something, but I directed a movie and I was like, this is everybody's telling me stuff and they're getting my way. Now I realized the people that were getting my way with the producers, and I'm much happier being the producer than being the director.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's true. So let me ask you, because there was I think I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to ask you about, which is You're the only person I know. Now I'll preface this by saying, I have become fascinated recently with pre Roman Church Christianity. Oh just fascinated by it. I reading everything I can about it. I've become totally obsessed with it, as is my one. And you're the only person I know who I think is in the Greek Orthodox Church?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Which is the split? Now?
Speaker 2: You tell me, you tell me what's the difference between If you can and I'm not. I don't want to for show it theological, but I know that this split happened round about.
Speaker 3: You can't. I'm so bad at history, really am. But I will tell you what I believe is what I understand to be some of the differences. And in Greek Orthodoxy, which was the older religion, right, the Byzantine exactly was before Catholicism, before the schism. What what happened in the schism, I think is that the Catholics wanted to form a different form of Christianity. And what Greek orthodox don't have is a pope, So we don't have a person that we say this, you're the top guy and everybody you know you talk directly to.
Speaker 1: God, which the Christians didn't.
Speaker 3: Have either, right, and so I I think that's one of the differences. Secondly, this is my own observation, having a lot of Catholic friends and going to a lot of Catholic churches in my youth. Is in the Greek Orthodox Church, we don't really focus so much on the crucifixion as we do the resurrection. And I think that's interesting because if you walk into a Greek Orthodox cathedral or church, you often will see pictures of Christ carrying the cross on his back, or you will see pictures of Him with the disciples or the apostles. There is always a story told of the life of Jesus in the church, and there you will find one picture of Him on the cross being crucified.
Speaker 1: So it's part of the story, is not.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, which I think is just I don't know if that's my own an observation or if that there's intention to that.
Speaker 2: You know what I noticed when I was in Italy a couple of years ago. I go there a lot because I love it, and I noticed that the beautiful artwork, you know, in the Vatican or in the bigger Catholic churches in Italy. The very impressive artwork is not mirrored in the rural churches, and you can see some really crap pictures. Like I was like the church and I was like, what's that? Listen, that's this is the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that to me, looks like a bear climate of fence. It doesn't look anything like it.
Speaker 2: And I love the idea that there's you know, valiant efforts by people who are not as talented to make because of course is a great artist, just because they're you know, depicting the Crucifixion or the resurrection.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Here's there's also one other thing in the church. In our church Greek Orthodoxy, priests can marry a priest and they can have children. And I think this is important, especially if you're going to talk to someone about your marriage. How does someone know what you know a marriage is like if they've never experienced having a relationship with someone. And I believe that if you are a priest, if you are married and then become a priest, it's fine that you're married, But if you become a priest, you then cannot get married after.
Speaker 1: The fact is that in the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: In the Catholic Church, priests can't marry.
Speaker 1: It can't marry at all.
Speaker 2: But that was only for that was from the Second Vatican Council or something or seven hundred. That was because of priests were leaving their you know, their inheritance to their children, and the Church wanted it.
Speaker 3: That's the right.
Speaker 2: So it was not really know when celibacy I mean as a as a spiritual esthetic, I go goes back to Buddhist esthetics and pre Roman Christianity, because I've become fascinated about it because I think someone I think of someone at the door with coffee. Actually, hold on, it's the priests.
Speaker 3: They're coming together.
Speaker 1: Hey wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Of the thank you that's so great.
Speaker 1: So there's this guy I've become fascinated by.
Speaker 3: His name is And I want to know why you became fascinated with the Greek Orthodox Church.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not so much the Greek Orthodox, but I don't know enough about the Greek I've been surrounded by Catholicism my whole I'm not a Catholic, but I grew up in Scotland. There's a lot of Catholics around, and I have friends who are Catholics, and so it wasn't mysterious to me. But I didn't really have much contact with anyone who was in Greek Orthodoxy.
Speaker 1: And as I was reading about the it really I.
Speaker 2: Became fascinated by it because of being sober. Oh yeah, and sobriety was something that they.
Speaker 1: Were interested in.
Speaker 2: It's not part of anything I do, but I was, you know, being sober in terms of a sober mind and a sober soul in sobriety, not just the absence of whatever it ales, right, but actual sober thought is something that they talk about the early and I became fascinated by the Desert Fathers, and in particular, someone who was I believe connected to the Greek Orthodox or is celebrated in the Greek Orthodox Church, is Evagrius of Pontus.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of him now?
Speaker 2: He's fascinating figure. He was a theologian, he was a desert father, so it was his pre Roman Christianity and these esthetics they go out and they kind of was like it, really, it's a mirror of Christ's forty days in the wilderness and they lived that.
Speaker 1: But they lived there all the time.
Speaker 2: Saint Anthony lived there, you know, and all that and what it became. Evagrius was a theologian. Pontus I think was like normal on Turkey or something. I mean, everything was all different. And he came up with the eight thoughts, eight demons that will separate you from the divine.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love this.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating. And the eight thoughts are and you recognize them when I start saying them.
Speaker 1: They are sloth, avarice, lust, you know.
Speaker 2: And suddenly it's the seven deadly sins, right, and the seven deadly sins coming.
Speaker 1: He's got eight eight well, he put and this is what I love. I've edited out sadness.
Speaker 2: And sloth were put in together, and I thought, though that kind of makes sense too. Wow. But they thought about demons in the way that we talk about kind of psychosis or or stuff or addictions or stuff. And I just became fascinated by that, and I started wandering into it. And I knew when you were coming in today, I thought, oh, no, you are. I don't know how connected you are to your church though.
Speaker 1: Are you very you are?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, so I can ask you lots about it.
Speaker 3: You can and asked me lots about it, but I don't know how informed I'll be about it.
Speaker 2: All right, So to be fair, you're not speaking in an official capacity.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, Yes, did you get married in the Greek church?
Speaker 3: In the church that I got married? It's here in Hollywood, Saint Sophia Cathedral. It's the church I was baptized in that, my sister got married in, that I baptized my nieces in that I got married in, baptized my granddaughters in, and then also did the rituals from my mom and my dad there. So it's kind of like it's been all my life.
Speaker 2: They must get so much money out of you, but.
Speaker 1: We won't stay.
Speaker 2: That's a church, didn't they does the dogs?
Speaker 1: Does it have the Eucharist? Does it have everything? All right?
Speaker 3: We have all the sacraments, so we have all of the We don't have a wafer, but we actually do bread and wine.
Speaker 1: All right? And do you believe in transubstantiations?
Speaker 3: Okay? Now, now this is where I'm probably going to get beat up by you know, I don't know critics, but oh god, you know, we still do the sipping of the wine, the communal cup, and during COVID, I just stopped taking communion because I was.
Speaker 1: Looking, that's okay, I can't do this.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: Were an early adopter of cod exactly.
Speaker 1: You guys were like, I was like, that is fast. You guys are very good.
Speaker 3: We were the first counsel of COVID.
Speaker 1: What that was? That was?
Speaker 2: I mean, you go to in Australia, right, Yes, I remember reading about it because I was like, oh my god that First of all, I didn't even know that it was in Australia. Nobody knew if you were going.
Speaker 3: To dive from it nobody, Yes, but nobody knew. It was all terrifying and strange. But I have enormous faith in my chart.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, there is science that says maybe you don't want to be sipping off of a spoon during COVID.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: And also that I don't know what the ritual is in Greek Orthodoxy, and I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think it has to be communal, or maybe it does, because.
Speaker 3: It was going to be like it's just been the way it's always been, right, Well, interesting, kid, it was like that. You know, I literally have gone to church early for communion on the most obscure like if it's during Holy Week, the most obscure morning service, that I can take communion and I will get there and I will sit in the front row and I will be the first person up for communion.
Speaker 2: You want to get to that before anybody. I think that's very wide, but it does kind of Can.
Speaker 3: I ask you something, yeah, question, how long have you been sober?
Speaker 1: Thirty one years? And I'm happy to say that, Oh my god, Yeah, I got sober when I was twenty nine.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It's actually it's one of the reasons why I become fascinated with religion, because the longer I'm sober, the more I think that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of a miracle.
Speaker 2: And it is a miracle, kind of I don't really know. I mean, it is kind of a miracle. I don't know how it really happened. And I find myself, you know, interested in these things completely curious.
Speaker 3: I do think it is one of the things that I can only think of the word miracle when it comes to that, because it's like I have seen people transform their lives. Sure, and it's because of that. You know, it's like one day you're this and the next day you're somebody completely different. Well, it's and the day after and the day after.
Speaker 2: The reasons why I became fascinated by it because and being sober and trying to remain sober and trying to improve your sobriety, I guess is that I became interested in what happened before. You know, in my case, there was an organization which I wouldn't mention for the reason of the traditions, but it came into being in the mid nineteen.
Speaker 1: Thirties and the warham Before that.
Speaker 2: Of course, there were temperance movements and all that kind of thing before that. But there was an amazing story about do you know the story about Roland Hazard. No.
Speaker 1: Roland Hazard was a drunk.
Speaker 2: From a rich family in the northeast of America in the nineteen I think it was been nineteen thirties, I guess ely thirties, and he was a hopeless case. And eventually the Hazard family, because they had a lot of money, sent them to be treated by Carl Young.
Speaker 3: That's a different kind of rehabity.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, right, So they sent him to Roland has to be treated by Carl Jung. But before that they had asked Freud and Adler if they would take them, and they were like that. He drunks, there's nothing we can do, and they're hopeless. So they sent Roland to Carl Young. Roland hazard works for a year with Carl Young, and Carl Jung says, I think I think you're good to go.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough about it. Good luck. So Roland makes it as far he was in Switzerland.
Speaker 2: He gets as far as Paris, he gets drunk and he goes back again. He says to Carl Jung, I don't know what to do. Am I going to And Cary Young says, I think you're going to die. I don't think that's what I can do. And he said there's there nothing, And Carl Young said, well, look, once in a while, like Saint Paul on the Road to Damascus, a person has a religious experience ignacious of Loyola or you know, something like that, and they a profound spiritual change that so affects their psyche that they can stay sober. But unless you get that, I don't know how it's going to happen. And so what Roland Hazard. He comes back to America, he joins the Oxford Group. The Oxford Group morph into the organization that I'm you know, talking about, and they start to try and recreate. Bill Wilson, who founded Alcoholics Anonymous, starts to try and recreate through a series of steps, a profound psychic change that mimics what was a religious experience before that in order to alter the psyche of the alcoholics so much that they can stay sober.
Speaker 1: Wow, isn't that fascinating? And he did that well? I think in my case.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hello, this is Craig Ferguson and I want to let you know I have a brand new stand up comedy special out now on YouTube. It's called I'm So Happy, and I would be so happy if you checked it out. To watch the special, just go to my YouTube channel at the Craig Ferguson Show And is this right there?
Speaker 1: Just click it and play it and it's free. I can't look.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to come around your house and show you how to do it. If you can't do it, then you can't have it. But if you can figure it out, it's yours.
Speaker 1: The psychic change.
Speaker 2: There are cars because this is not really about me, but but I'm interested because you're a religious person, and you've always been a religious person. Has there ever been a point where you've thought, I don't believe it. I don't believe it. It's no, so you haven't had to make that that tarn.
Speaker 3: No, my mom was really the person who was the bringer of the faith, right, my dad, he must have Chris made it or converted before he married. My mom converted because chrismation is if you are already baptized in a religion, but you're going to get married in the Greek Orthodox Church, right, or not married because you can. You can get married if you're Christian. You don't have to be Greek Orthodox to get married in the church. Chrismation is if you want to convert from let's say Catholicism to Greek Orthodoxy. So that's kind of slightly different.
Speaker 1: Than was your dad a Christian?
Speaker 3: So my dad must have converted in order to get married in the church. But after he died, I did a TV show called Who Do You Think You Are? The Genealogy Show, and we went back to his village and everyone everyone was Muslim, okay everyone, and my dad always explained it this way. He said that where he was from, he was born in Greece, and where he was from the area was always being occupied by some people, and for many many years, obviously it was the Ottoman Empire, and during that time, my dad said that many years back, they were Christians, and during the Ottoman Empire they were sort of told that they had to change their religion, convert to Islam, and also to change their names to sound more Islamic.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I think that with Wilson because that was the street we lived on when my dad became a citizen of the United States.
Speaker 1: You like, that's just is that why?
Speaker 2: You know, that's not the reason why the ball is Wilson, And I think.
Speaker 3: That it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like I just really.
Speaker 1: Profound No, because there's the name.
Speaker 2: Of the.
Speaker 3: Well, there's there's a Wilson brand, there's a Spaulding and there's a light.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think that's lovely.
Speaker 2: But it's just like I feel like I'm weirdly excited by that.
Speaker 1: There's something very human about it, and I think that's great.
Speaker 3: Great, it is great.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 3: So that was it, And then you know, I met so many of my relatives who are Muslim, and it was just so interesting to me because my dad never really talked about it. He didn't you know. There was a lot of things I found out about my dad then, you know, after he passed.
Speaker 2: Away, was well, your dad was an immigrant, and was your mom an emigrant too.
Speaker 3: My mom was actually born in New York, right, and then raised in a little tiny village She's Greek, on the border of Albania and Greece. And when the war broke out, well, first they went there when she was four years old and her father died and so her mom my yeah, yeah, grandmother was left with four kids. And the relatives in New York said, what are you going to do a widow with four children in New York. Stay in the village and we'll send money back to you, because my grandfather had a business in New York, and so they stayed, and over the years, I think money stopped being sent. And then around the time of the end of the war and also the beginning of the civil unrest in Greece, they knew it was time to get out, and so they couldn't just walk the border. Even though my mom was an American citizen. So they had to escape and climb over these mountains and make their way onto the Greece side of the border, and then eventually made their way to Athens, renewed their passports, and then took a ship over to And my dad has an amazing story too. My dad's story is that he I didn't know any of this until I did that show.
Speaker 1: So you, as a kid, you don't know this about your mother and father.
Speaker 3: I knew this about my mother. I did not know. I knew that my father was in a labor camp. I did not know. There was an earlier part of the story, which was he was in the army, the Bulgarian army, and while he was at the Bulgarian army, he saw Seltzer bottles right right from somewhere, and he took the twelve There were twelve Seltzer bottles, and he took them. And knowing what I know about my dad, he only did things for other people, so I thought he must have had a reason for doing this. And my grandfather, he was a hunter, and he had a hunting lodge, let's call it a small lodge in the mountains in the Rhodope Mountains of Bulgaria, and I think he must have thought, oh, my dad could use these bottles for when he's out on a hunting trip. Anyways, he was arrested, he was court martialed, and he was sentenced to a prison for taking a empty park three years, Yes, three.
Speaker 1: Years in prison for take an empty bottle.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. They were trying to make an example of him.
Speaker 1: Could the great bottle thieving Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It was all about bottle theater. I mean they had all the documents there, so it wasn't like there was there wasn't anything being hidden. It was just literally and this prison was very, very dangerous and treacherous. Anyways, he gets out and he meets a girl and they get married, right, and she gets pregnant and I knew none of this and.
Speaker 1: This is not your mom. They were talking no, oh my no.
Speaker 3: And she delivers a baby on December twenty sixth. I want you to remember that, okay. And so on December twenty ninth, she dies from complications of childbirth, things that nowadays modern medicine would be able to take care.
Speaker 1: Of course, So.
Speaker 3: My dad is now the father of an infant. He's living with his in laws. The tragedy of this beautiful young woman dying and this little baby. So this was after the war. I don't know how they kept that baby alive, because what do you do. There's no milk, there's no formula. They could barely have enough bread to eat. And four months later the baby died and his name was a Meal.
Speaker 1: It's so like, so crazy, sad story.
Speaker 3: Very sad, and I think this is one of the reasons why my dad was like, I'm out of here. I'm getting out of Bulgaria, and he tried.
Speaker 1: I never knew any of it.
Speaker 3: I never knew anything. But what's ironic is my sister's first child was born on December twenty sixth, and my second son was born on December twenty sixth, and I always thought on Christmas and that next day, which was always a big celebration in our family, that my dad was must have been thinking about his firstborn son, Emil and knowing that, like, yeah, what what is this about. I have baby? Everybody in my family's having babies on December twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: It's funny my wife has a grandfather who has It's not the same story in it, but he was from a country that no longer exists in that area, the Republic of something or something, and he came over and they could never find out what he did. But he would always carry cash. And he had a farm in Massachusetts, and he would always carry cash in the so for alls, just in case, just in case, because you never knows the fear run.
Speaker 3: Nothing takes away that fears. No, it's true.
Speaker 2: It's strange because you don't get free of it. I was talking to you know, Dik Shepherd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dyks loved dad.
Speaker 1: He's great. I was talking to him the other day.
Speaker 2: And he grew up in kind of difficult circumstances in Troy, and and I grew up not rich either. And I don't think that feeling ever leaves you. It doesn't matter how much money you make, you know, it's like, no, keep some aside face.
Speaker 3: My dad was a bartender, and so he would work and bring you know, he would get tips, and so he would bring the tips home in a Crown Royal felt bag, you know, yes, okay, And on Saturday mornings, we would spread out all the coins on the kitchen table and we would take the quarters and put him in the little bank rolls of coins.
Speaker 1: Right, I would still do this totally. It was like this.
Speaker 3: Meditative Yeah, he would do that, And that's why I always think like, wow, you know, you've got to take care of the people who are in those positions that you know they're going home with those tips and taking those tips to their families and putting them in rolls and making a living out of it. By my mom used to keep a secret money in her wallet, like twenty dollars, and I'm like, but it's not secret because you put it there. I know, I know, but it wasn't in the part where she would actually access it.
Speaker 1: Right right in the bed behind your driver's license. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My dad would take money and he would put it in a lead pipe, so he would just like whatever bills he would like. It was like his bank account. He would put it in a lead pipe that had screws lids on each end in case there was a fire.
Speaker 2: You growing up, Yes, it's crazy if you grew up the child of immigrants with a shocking story.
Speaker 1: But in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I always believed in them, not believed in the myth. That sounds wrong, but I was always much more impressed by Hollywood and hollywood ness until I started doing the late night show and then you just meet everybody and then you just realize it's like, you know, the doushe dementsion ratio was just the same as it as everywhere else in the world.
Speaker 1: Some people are great, some people are asshole, isn't it?
Speaker 2: And it's fine, right, But until that point I had there was a mistique about Hollywood that.
Speaker 1: I really believed in.
Speaker 2: Did you not never have that because you grew up here or did it crumble over time like it led for me?
Speaker 3: No, it was just my hometown, right, and I knew that people came here from all over the world to pursue their dreams, but this was my hometown. I went to Hollywood High School Lacante Junior High which is right down the street. Right Hollywood Boulevard was where we would go and get back to school clothes, your bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can't do that, Hollywood Bilevard Nolly.
Speaker 1: It's a completely different looking for.
Speaker 3: A different kind of school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: And we would go to movies at the Chinese Theater and go to Musso and Franks on a special occasion, and it was just home. But I started modeling first at fourteen years old, right here at Hollywood High School, I was discovered.
Speaker 2: Quotation took me through the discovery back a little bit. It was first day of school. Yeah, it was kind of like that, except they were legit. They were from Harper's Bizarre magazine, but I didn't know that at the time, and the photographer was a very famous photographer nowadays he's still alive. His name's Albert Watson. He's incredible, right Scottish, I believe is he really is, and so is his wife, I think. So he saw me walking and asked, they had permission from the school to be there if you could take some pictures.
Speaker 1: I was tak but that we get a little She's very beautiful.
Speaker 3: And so they took some pictures and he asked the next day if we could arrange another time to meet, and so we did and took more pictures, and that ended up being the first modeling job I ever had, which was for Harper's Bizarre magazine, which is very swanky, very swanky, very very swanky. It was the year eighteen year Old's Got the Vote. Okay, so it was there nineteen seventy two January nineteen seventy two issue No.
Speaker 1: I believe is that when eighteen year olds go to the vote here. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but after that I just started working and the first job I got to get my screen Hunters Guild card was the Brady Bunch and that was at Paramount Studios. Now still to this day, if I walk into a driving, into a studio, walk into a sound stage, I have that feeling of its magic. It's a very specific smell exactly climate. It's a volume of height, it's the color of the walls, it's the energy. Now like certain studios are putting plaques on the outsides of their sound stages like this is what was filmed here, and it's fantastic, And all good things have always happened to me at Paramount Studios, So I love Paramount Studios. So it was a trippy thing because I don't know why this. I was lucky. But with all of that that I was exposed to, and all the different kinds of people that I was exposed to, I never had anything terrible happened to me in La. I mean it was just like.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's because you knew the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I mean, like not just knew the neighborhood, like the streets but you like, if you grew up amongst it, if you're kind of you speak the language almost well. I think if people come here, particularly young women, if young women come here and they're white eyed and they're you know, it may bee maybe attracts.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean because I had a lot of friends that bad things happened to. Yeah, so, and yes they did come from other places. But look, it.
Speaker 1: Has it changed? Has the time changed? Do you think has it changed?
Speaker 3: I think it's much scarier now. It's much scarier now.
Speaker 2: There's just there's it feels like it's everywhere now, like the world is Holywood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like there was still a some kind of accountability this. The town was not as big as it is now. For one thing. Now I think La is like twenty million.
Speaker 1: Just last people.
Speaker 3: That's like bigger than some countries.
Speaker 1: So four times the size of Scotland.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly so. But I feel like, you know, there were things like the Christmas parade on Hollywood Boulevard. Dad, we would come down and you know'd pack up in the car. We'd park blocks away, and then you know, he'd carry me on his shoulders and we would wait for Nudy to come down in his Cadillac Nudy Nudy. It was a big Western guy. Did you ever like that guy?
Speaker 1: Nudy on Hollywood is a different.
Speaker 3: Nud Hollywood that goes back to that other kind of school.
Speaker 2: There was a I moved here in nineteen ninety five to Los Angeles, and even then there was a kind of sleepiness to the town.
Speaker 1: There was a change.
Speaker 2: It really did, yes, And I can't I can't quite tell when I think it's something to do with uber or smartphones or GPS or something something something happened.
Speaker 1: And yeah, really really different, or maybe I'd just go older, or.
Speaker 3: Maybe oh no, something did change. It would it would be so fascinating when somebody could analyze that and say what was the difference, Like what was that shift that that happened and why. I don't know. I really don't know. Maybe maybe phones or computers. Computers were out in what ninety six, ninety Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think when people started, you know, there used to be the sign where you couldn't there was a sign that said no walking to the Hollywood sign.
Speaker 1: And I lived up in the hills, and yes, you can't.
Speaker 2: Walk to the Hollidays actually could walk to the Hollywood Sign, but they would put signs up saying that you couldn't, and you could wander up there, and that was always the walk that I I'd walk up man Hollywood and down by the observer.
Speaker 1: Great beautiful. Yeah, and I did it recently when I was here, and it's packed. Everybody knows where to go. Oh, you're kidding, it's packed. There's like people above the sign. There are all tourists up there. They all walk up there, and I mean, I get every right to go. It's just so many.
Speaker 3: Walked up to the Hollywood Sign. Born and raised. Don't even know how to get there. No, I don't even know how well. I wouldn't want to bother the neighbors up there.
Speaker 2: There's nobody up there but coyotes and yeah, well no tourists you missed you.
Speaker 3: Shut yeah, but I mean there were. I mean now is if you go there, I think it's very like it's rude, right, you don't want to disturb the residents and things like that.
Speaker 1: You can there's pass up to you can walk up to it from It's all right.
Speaker 3: And it might be rude, funny. I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, you can get up through canyon, and I'll tell you you can walk up through canyon the secret way up because the Batman.
Speaker 3: Caves are over there, the Batman Cave.
Speaker 2: Well, you just you go up past the Batman Caves and then you walk right. It's really steep, walk up the hill and then you walk over to the left and you're above the hold.
Speaker 3: Did you ever go horseback riding at Sunset Stables? I go over into Burbank for the night and.
Speaker 1: Then have you done that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love that?
Speaker 3: It was so much fun. They still do it apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fell off a horse recently. Do you ride horses?
Speaker 3: I do. I love horses.
Speaker 1: I like horses too.
Speaker 3: But you write English.
Speaker 1: No, I have a Western saddle in Scotland. But my horse we put.
Speaker 2: The Western saddle on them, is very very very horse. See not in appearance, although no, she's not appearance.
Speaker 3: But she's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She's gorgeous, but she's she has a beautiful pony.
Speaker 1: But we put this.
Speaker 2: I think they call it the girth on the English shaddle.
Speaker 1: They call it.
Speaker 3: They call it the girl, like the bridle or not the bridle, the girth, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The girl. So I think it was pinching his little leggy bit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and he he buckd. He's only ever buked twice once. I saw it when he was lungeon I was lunging him, and then the other time I was on him and I came off.
Speaker 1: He's a big horse too. Wow.
Speaker 2: It was very and I'm sixty one years old. I've fallen off many horses, and I've noticed over the years that it hurts a lot more.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have an accident on your horse.
Speaker 3: I've been thrown from a horse, sure, but nothing that resulted in injury. My injuries are from the two times I tried snowboarding, because I ski hearts morning.
Speaker 1: Why you fall your.
Speaker 3: Your feet are stuck together on a board.
Speaker 1: You can't escape.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: It's like I like to say at the end of a rule in a movie theater in case I.
Speaker 1: Have to leave, and I feel the same about skiing and snowboarding. I don't want my feet exactly. I gotta go bye, Yeah, I gotta leave. Sorry, something came up. I go to leave. Do you let me ask you a question? Then, do you ever get a fear of flying?
Speaker 3: I used to I don't anymore to hear why. It was very specific. I had two friends, sorry, one friend, and he was in a plane crash. The crash, the plane went off the runway, the plane caught fire. Everybody got out and survived, so it had a happy But I called his wife when it happened and I said, oh my god, how was he doing? Oh my gosh, they're they're British. And I said, well, I said, that's why I don't fly. When the kids were little, Tom and I didn't fly on the same plane together. We take different flights and all that. And I said, you know, that's why we don't fly together. And she said, Darling, if you don't fly together, then you shouldn't really drive together because the chances of being in a car crash off far greater. And she was right, the statistics are actually true.
Speaker 1: Oh this static exactly.
Speaker 3: So that kind of calmed me.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, the idea of you once the doors are closed, you hand the power over to someone else and that always.
Speaker 1: But I actually what I did is I learned to.
Speaker 3: Fly your own plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: What did that do?
Speaker 2: But you know Kurt Russell? Yes, right, so car? You know cars like crazy? Yes, aviator? So I said to him he was on the old Late Night Show and I said, I'm frightened of flying. I know you left flying, and I'm frightened of flying. He said, you're not frightened to flying. You're just the control freak. And I went, that's not true, and I went, it is true. I read your book, and I went.
Speaker 1: You read my book.
Speaker 2: And then I ended up talking about the book because I was so excited that Kurt read my book.
Speaker 1: But he didn't forget.
Speaker 2: And so for my birthday, Meghan called up Kurt and said, hey, let's get him some flying lessons because I used to be terrified of flying.
Speaker 1: And he went great, and.
Speaker 2: He found a flying and struck a really gnarly old guy over at Vanny's Airport. It took me out and after about seven hours of flying instruction for me where I was terrified, Kurt said.
Speaker 1: You come up with me.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh God, So he has this super powerful plane. Right there's a tea. I don't know if he still has it, but he's a at a TBM seven hundred.
Speaker 1: It was like a rocket ship.
Speaker 2: And we go up to this plane and we fly just from Santa Monica over at Santa Maria Airport.
Speaker 1: It's done far.
Speaker 2: And as we're landing, there's a bit of a crosswind and he said, land the plane.
Speaker 1: I said, I I'm not ready for that. He went, well, I ain't doing.
Speaker 2: It, so and it eventually, you know, I did it and I got it close and then he took over and he landed the plane. Oh I was I was terrified. But you can't cry in from a snake. Plusken, he there's no, you can't, you know. But I went home and something cracked a little bit. I don't know what it was. When I went home, I was like, no, it's different. I understood the mechanics of it a little bit.
Speaker 3: So now, are you less afraid to fly in a commercial flight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would say that I am.
Speaker 3: Because you understand the mechanics.
Speaker 1: I understand how it works. Yeah, and I understand that.
Speaker 2: I also understand that the person that's flying the plane is far more qualified than I am to do the job. So that kind of worked.
Speaker 3: Don't put him on a late night show or a podcast. He can't do it.
Speaker 2: Who can't the pilot or the pilot? They are very specific breed pilots. Actually, did you never get into that?
Speaker 3: So I supposed flying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's kind.
Speaker 2: Of a Hollywood thing. There's a community of people here that do it, and I was kind of surprised with the people that I was like, oh my god, and you run Edward Norton at the airport or you know, travel is famously a flyer or talk cruise or like there's a whole like, oh my god, this is like the Oscars exactly here in like really fancy suits.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh, everyone's wearing pressure suits.
Speaker 2: It's cool, but it's kind of like and I thought it'd be like super expensive and it is, but yes, you know.
Speaker 3: So do you still do it? Do you still take less?
Speaker 2: I have? I have a little little, tiny two seater plane that I can only fly at certain times of the year because of the weather.
Speaker 3: But wow, and I keep it in Scotland.
Speaker 1: I do, but I share it with a guy who's a really good pilot.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when you go, you take a co pilot with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let's say I take the co pilot. But really I'm just sitting going, yeah, what does that do? Can I have a show? Can I have a show?
Speaker 2: Do you have a thing that your antidote to show business? Because it's such an odd kind of capricious world that you know, it's just by the nature of it.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I think that's the way it is. It's the circus.
Speaker 2: But I often feel I'm drawn very much to things which are innanted, which take my head out of it.
Speaker 1: Do you do that, do you? Yeah? I mean you have your faith obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, first of all, my family super close to them. After this, I'm going to go see my brother lives right up nearby.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: But I have to be outside in nature, like I love swimming, I love hiking, I love walking. Anything that is outside is that is just heaven for me. And also I really like driving by myself. I just love it. I feel like it's a cocoon and you could think and nothing, you know, like it's almost like a meditation in a way. I like, what's that expression that they used to say, idle hands or the devil's work or something like that, But it's the idea that you're using your hands to do something and it frees up your brain. So my mom was a big crocheer. And people who cook or garden or sew or any of that stuff or work on you know, cars, they have at least.
Speaker 1: Christian desert mystics.
Speaker 2: They would make they make baskets, they would weave baskets. They were in constant prayer.
Speaker 3: Right, and so that I think that's a form of meditation, right, And I love that. I listened to music. I listen to books on tape, but mostly I just like to let the mind wonder.
Speaker 2: Are your gearhead? Do you like have special cars? Do you like go to Jay Leno's garage and say, let me try one.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Actually, my car is You're gonna think this is crazy? Ten years old? You know how most people get a brand new car like everything. No, my car is ten years old, never getting rid of it. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the big thing that happened to me in Hollywood, I was working in Warner Brothers and I was in the nineteen nineties and I just go here. I was doing the Drew Garea Show and Clint Eastwood was working in the Warner Brothers law and he drove in in a ten year old Ford Explorer and I was like, that so fucking cool.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't care exactly, it is like, you know, it's not going to make me anymore. Clint Eastwood advice, Right, just I love the kind of like, yeah, it's a car.
Speaker 3: I have a car, one of my cars. It's a truck. Is I should say ours is twenty one years old.
Speaker 1: I think that's great though. I love it.
Speaker 3: You hang on to long enough and they become vintage.
Speaker 1: That's right. I think.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm trying that for myself as well. I feel like if I can survive long enough, it'll come back around again. I noticed kids at my stand up shows now and they're like under thirty.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the hell was you doing here? And then I.
Speaker 2: Thought, you're here ironically, aren't you? It's because of TikTok or something?
Speaker 3: What about that? Do you do TikTok?
Speaker 2: I was about to ask you. I kind of dip in and out of it. But I treat it the same way as I do with anything as I don't. I don't read anything the MD else puts out right. I just like, I do my thing and then I run away.
Speaker 3: I know I have an account, but I've never been onto it. I don't know how to do it. You do you do the Instagram or any of the Instagram and Facebook and Twitter? Right, formally then is Twitter?
Speaker 1: I think Twitter is is it's kind of going away? I think now is that what?
Speaker 3: I don't know? I wish I would all go away?
Speaker 1: I kind of do too.
Speaker 3: Can it leave now we haven't hasn't it had its moment? Can't we just go back to like looking at each other? I was talking to each other.
Speaker 2: I was hoping it was going to be like CB Radio, like come and go, and that would be a I think I feel that it kind of I remember actually Tom was scheduled to do a sport in my old late night show and for some reason he couldn't do it, and he wrote very classy gentlemen as I'm sure you know.
Speaker 1: He wrote a no of apology and it was written in a old typewriter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I went, oh my god, that's so cool because it wasn't just somebody had just done it. No, it's red. There was some thought in it, and it marred to me. It was like it was like it was like it really was something. There's something really good about analog things. I agree written not a hand type note.
Speaker 1: I listened to my music on vinyl.
Speaker 3: Now come back to my new album's coming on on vinyl soon.
Speaker 1: Because your country artists sort of.
Speaker 3: Kind of Yes, yeah, I love that. I'd like to say that I'm southern southern California.
Speaker 1: Southern California.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 2: It's like that NASCAR guy that's from California. I can't remember his name, but yeah, he's sort of southern California.
Speaker 3: But I love Vinyl. I love it so much. It reminds me. There's first of all, it's techtile, yeah, and it reminds me of how we used to listen to music as a whole. So there was a narrative story that the artist or the band was looking to tell, and you would listen to it and there'd be that moment where his side one was over side A and he'd flip it over and do side B and it was just like, I love the ritual of that smell of it, I know.
Speaker 2: And then the thing is as well, is that you can listen to vinyl volume and here's stuff that you can't hear digitally.
Speaker 1: I never knowed that until very recently, and I played it to our youngest.
Speaker 2: Boy is twelve, and I got this final setup and I played it to him for the first time, and it was like a big electronica thing as a Scotch band called Mogwai and it's like it's real, you know, Oh my god. And I played it too him and he went, oh my god, what is this?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I said, this is this is analog music speakers. Yeah. Yeah, And he was like, I love this. He said, I feel I've been robbed. I said, you have.
Speaker 3: Exactly turn him on, get him his own turd table. There was a woman that lived up the street from us when we were growing up, and she worked at Capitol Records. So this was during the sixties when the Beatles were assigned to Capitol Wow. So whenever there was an album, a Beatles album released, she would bring it to us and my sister, well all three of us, we would just put that thing on. Call it a hi Fi. Why was it a high five?
Speaker 1: High fidelity?
Speaker 3: High fidelity? But it had a turn My dad made it. It had a turntable on one side, it had the tuners on the other side and the amps, and then the middle was the television set. And we would just that is so cool in front of that, like I wish, wouldn't that be great if somebody came out with a high five, but like a really proper with all the good technology, but made it look like it was in a piece of cality.
Speaker 1: I bet you could do it.
Speaker 2: I found that a nineteen thirties wooden radio in the house in Scotland and the what we call the sellers is kind of crypt and I don't know why the radio was down there, but all the valves and stuff were gone. But I'm there is a company that will put new inrds in it for all.
Speaker 3: That's so cool. Do you live in an old house in Scotland?
Speaker 1: It's pretty old?
Speaker 3: Is it haunted?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Really? What kind of ghosts? What kind of things have you heard or seen?
Speaker 2: Well, there's always bumps and squeaks. And then do you believe in all this?
Speaker 3: We had one house that had things that were inexplicable.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: Told me too.
Speaker 1: The most haunted house I've ever lived in was in the Hollywood Hill.
Speaker 3: What yes, Okay, tell me what happened.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what happened, but it was scary. Megan was like, what.
Speaker 1: Dile is that?
Speaker 2: And it was like, ah, maybe a homeless guy. I don't know, but it was. It was scary. It was a scary house.
Speaker 1: That's wild. Where was your haunted us.
Speaker 3: It was an old nineteen twenty six Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: That's the that Maine was a nineteen twenty six mediterrane What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like they were friends, You may us were friends.
Speaker 1: Maybe where was it was in the Hollywood, No, in.
Speaker 3: Santa Monica area, right, Okay, So here's the thing though, that there were just inexplicable things and everybody heard them. And you just couldn't explain why the TV would go on by itself in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: I've seen that.
Speaker 3: Why it sounded like there was somebody dropping a stack of books onto the floor from the second floor landing. Sounded like somebody was just dropping a stack of books.
Speaker 2: We had one in the house, like we were in the old house in Scotland, right, And there was a portrait, an old portrait of the woman who had owned the house a couple of hundred years ago, was up in the wall, right, and Megan and I were standing in the room.
Speaker 1: We were talking about something. We're just being married talking. I don't know what the hell you talk.
Speaker 2: You know what it's like you'd been married forever, is it's like you just talk about everything now you know what it is?
Speaker 1: You remember that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're just talking and there was a door that never opened, right, I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: It was always so stemming. You could open it, but it was very, very difficult jiggle the thing the handle.
Speaker 2: So we were looking at this portrait and I said, oh, she's still here somewhere, and Megan was like, well, and she said, it's a joke. She said to the portrait, it's my house now, girl, And the door wiggled and then the door opened, and I was like, oh, no, way did that happened? She makes it and she was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: What was inside the door?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: We thought it was one of the kids coming through. There was nobody there, nothing, The door just opened. Just tell me about it right now?
Speaker 3: So crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's crazy. All right, We're completely out of time. I don't know if we if we don't.
Speaker 3: Are we supposed to be talking about joy?
Speaker 2: But if you don't know if you noticed, but I tried to get you to talk about everything, throw your joy.
Speaker 3: But what's the joy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: The things that bring me joy?
Speaker 1: Your faith, your family?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: But you know what, if you want to define it in some way, put a button.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy with that a.
Speaker 3: Button on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, what does define joy for you?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think it has to be just making people happy and trying to I mean for me anyways, I like to do that. I like to make people happy. I like to okay, if it's stuff that's not related to family, because obviously that that's like a given I supposed, but I will always not yeah, that's true, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Not always any mean.
Speaker 2: The reason why I didn't like bring it up in a fashion and just ask you directly is because I think sometimes it's nice to talk to people and find out what makes them happy without saying what makes you happy?
Speaker 3: Right exactly? No, I get that, but I I would have to say that. I think music for me, and you know, because I came to it. I've always loved music and wish that I had started it younger, but it didn't happen that way. And when I finally did start making music twelve years ago, it was as if I could finally express myself in a creative way that felt so truthful. Because in acting, I've done wonderful things, right, I'm very grateful for them, But in some ways I also exhausted the canon of warm, kind, nurturing wife, daughter, sister, mother, friend.
Speaker 1: It's also a collaborative platform.
Speaker 2: You know, you're working with a whole bunch of different people, coming with a whole bunch of different angles and agenda, right, whereas a musicianist like you drive the thing a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And it was really it just brings me so much joy to do that. Like when I know that I have a writing session or I'm going to go in and record something, it just I'm so excited and that absolutely brings me joy. And you know, look, you're right, my faith is a huge driver of that, I think because I I have faith. You know, it gets tested. Everybody gets tested, you know, we have that happen. But I still feel like at the end of the day, I have that. So there's a great line. Do you remember the movie Chariots of Fire? Yes, all right, so when Chariot's the fire, it's one of my favorite line. Greek people would say, Vangelis soundtrack. The Greek people would always if there's a Greek person somewhere in the vicinity of a conversation, a Greek will point that out.
Speaker 2: So in the Vangelist movie Charities of Fire, it's about a Scottish runner who is very religious man, and the story is that he won't run in the Olympics on a Sunday, right, and there's a big problem because that's when the final is and that's the story of the movie sort of. And his sister, who's even more religious than him, doesn't want them to run at all because they've got to go their their missionary work in China is what needs them and he says this line to her.
Speaker 1: I don't know who wrote the script.
Speaker 2: It's terrible, but there's a great line in the they're walking in the hill above Edinburgh and she's saying she's trying to persuade him no to go to the Olympics, and he says, I believe God made me.
Speaker 1: For a purpose and that purpose is China. But when I run, I feel his pleasure.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And I think that can be your music for you beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like that, It really does, and and I can't it's it is, it's exactly that. It's exactly that. And now that we're talking about it, you're making me think about all or sorts of other things, because some of them tie together. Earlier you asked me, what gives me joy? Like I love I'm a hobbyist, but I do watercolor painting, okay, perfect, and it is. It gives me so much joy because here's why. I always wanted to try it, and I never could do it, and I was like, why am I not doing it? I had organized, you know, organizing all the vacations for the families when the kids were little and all of that, and they'd all be said up and very happy in doing all the things and having their activities, and I'd feel like, oh, what am I supposed to be doing now? And I thought, I need a hobby. I need something I can do like that. So I researched a painting class and I went one day a week for five years from September till June. And I knew nothing when I started this class. Nothing. And it was probably the thing that led me to find songwriting, because I thought, if you do something consistently enough, you don't get worse at it, you donnot get worse at it, you will improve. And I thought, yeah, with a matter of discipline and just consistency, this happens. And I met the most amazing people, and they were people out of this incredible walk of life that you're like this. One guy used to run ABC Studios. Brandon's Daughterard incredible man. He passed away now, such a lovely human being. He was an incredible artist, and you know you think, God, you know he didn't have that what you don't know about that exists within you that unless you sort of explore it and say, Okay, I'm going to try this, I'm going to do it like you did with flying a plane. I mean, you came out of it because you were afraid of it. But there might be something you could do out of the joy of it, just because you're like, well, i don't know how to river dance, but I'm going to learn.
Speaker 1: It's like you know me, but I've seen it do yourself. Finally, I feel like I've been released.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because I think what it is is that when you're young, when a person is young, I think they judge themselves and they look at the results. The biggest challenge I have when I start writing anything, no anymore, but it used to be I would start saying, you know, once upon a time or whatever it was that I wrote right, and then by the third sentence I was constructing my thank you speech.
Speaker 3: Like, no, were you funny as a kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you knew that you could make people laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I knew I had better or they me, so that it was kind of like not so much my family, but but in the society I grew up and yeah, paid to be funny, yeah right, or something right, you know, or just keep your head down? Right?
Speaker 3: It was did you ever do anything different? As just like something that you said, I really want to learn how to do this, not the flying thing, but a creative endeavor, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 2: And it was for me it was stand up really yeah, because because stand up comedy was there was you know Billy Corn Yeah, of course. So Billy's twenty years older than me. So when I was ten years old, Billy was thirty years old. She was just coming to prominence in Scotland and I had never seen anyone from my background do that, right, It was unbelievable to me. This was like, so, I mean Americans did that, but not Scottish men from down the road. Billy's a very special human being, but he was Jackie Robinson for me.
Speaker 1: He opened the door and so.
Speaker 2: I that was what it was, and I thought, I'd like to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Looks like a really cool thing to do.
Speaker 2: And you know, through one thing and another, in various endeavors, I ended up having a crack at it and it kind of worked out here and there, and that's.
Speaker 1: What led me into it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But it was like it was like an instrument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that if you learn to play the guitar, you play in a band, you're playing, maybe you write a movie score, maybe you you know, work with other people, but what you really like to do.
Speaker 1: Is just.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's what I love about doing it, is just playing. To be honest. I felt the same way about about Late Night too.
Speaker 2: Is that eventually I thought, you know what, the guy who got me into it said, you're a natural for this, and I said, you're crazy. I don't even pay any attention to this sort of stuff. And he said, it doesn't matter, you're natural for me.
Speaker 1: Wow, And he was right. I was Wow.
Speaker 3: I just love those stories. So we're only really limited by our own belief systems, or I think what we've heard as kids or teenagers, because I think it's not even the limitations we put on ourselves. But sometimes you know a teacher or a parent or someone you admire saying something like you can't dance here, you know, or that what was that you just sang and you're oh, my ear, And if you're a kid, you can hear that and be completely very crushed by it. So I think it's I think it's never too late. You just got to keep creating and keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Keep but it's too late. Exact time really is too late until that point. Keep going, keep going, you keep going, keep going. Thank you for having anytime