Speaker 1: I'm freaking out, Like, I'm like, how do you pee through this whole in a public.
Speaker 2: Bathroom without getting it on your hands or getting it on the cocktail Jets to wear Tonight. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Hey guys, so Calm Down Week one of the NFL season is in the books. We keep it real here, so full disclosure as we normally do. We recorded an episode on Monday afternoon, right before the Jets Bills game, and then our guy Aaron Rodgers got hurt. First of all, I'm recording right before we now are releasing this podcast on Wednesday. Our girl Carissa is getting ready for her Thursday night Amazon games, so make sure you tune in for that. Can't wait to see her man that desk. But because we recorded our original Calm Down episode right before the Jets Bills game, we obviously got into my sit down with Aaron, We got into our excitement for this season, and we just felt like it would be better for me to come on here and kind of tighten this all up, take some of it out. But as you guys know, I have a great relationship with Aaron. We've been friends forever, and yeah, I just I feel awful for him. The whole situation just absolutely sucks. I have not spoken to him. I've reached out to him several times, you know, obviously thinking of him, and it's crazy if you want perspective from our world in terms of being a friend with somebody like that, it's just, you know, everything that he put into it, you know, the excitement that he had. He had said to me in that sit down interview that aired on Fox on Sunday that he just felt so alive. So as a friend, I am completely devastated for him. Hoping to once this all settles, which it won't, It'll take forever to do, so hope in a touch base with him and check in on him, and I'll definitely let everybody know how he's doing. But also in our world in the NFL, it was crazy, all of us, including Chris. I was actually with Chris on Monday night we had a little bit of a party to watch Aaron take on the Bills, and we're kind of saying the other day just all of us have been in a fog. I mean, there's so much excitement in the league about him going to the Jets, you know what was going to happen in the AFC, what was going to happen in the league. So many of our broadcast schedules were around the New York Jets. We were expected to have them week six, looking forward to seeing him again.
Speaker 1: So it stinks. I don't care what you think of this guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was so good for football to have him go to a new team, to have the excitement back with the Jets, And yeah, all of us that work with him and work in the industry were just we're bummed. You would hate for this to happen to anyone, but it just it sucks. It really really does. Obviously, we are wishing him nothing but the best and an easy recovery. And it'll be a topic all season long for us. All Right, So here's a portion of what we recorded on Monday. Of course, it's going to include highlights like me sprinting to catch my flight in Chicago after the Packers Bears game. Carissa, she has some new teammates, well, she has one new teammate, Julian Edelman. What it was like for her having Gronk and Jewels in the studio. And here's a doozy how we longed he has a burner social media account. Holy cow, that's a surprising headline for all of us. All right, so there's still a lot to cover, so let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Hey girl, Hey girl, what the hell? There's a cutie over reaction Monday. I'm on a real rant.
Speaker 2: We just started recording because I was going on a whole tangent about everyone in their Week one reactions.
Speaker 1: It is calmed down. We have been off for the last week.
Speaker 2: To the qtie in Chicago, who pointed that out to Aaron, please tell the story.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it on the pregame.
Speaker 2: But I was getting ready to walk out onto the field. You know, those last five minutes in that Bears Packers game kind of took forever, which is why I was dashing through the snow literally at O'Hare trying to get to my flight last night. That's another story. So seconds are taken away. I'm trying to rehearse my Jordan Love interview. There's so many things I want to ask him. And then as I'm getting ready to talk to Packers PR, this guy from the chain's crew goes, hey, here and yeah, no new podcast this week?
Speaker 1: What happened to calm down, and I go, what adorable?
Speaker 2: And I looked over at Packers pr and I said, see, this is the real stuff people.
Speaker 1: Want to know about, you know, adorable.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love when people do that or like the signs, the calm down signs.
Speaker 1: It makes me very happy, very so it is.
Speaker 2: We had a week off last week because everyone was traveling doing things getting ready for the season. But we are back Week one in the NFL. In the books started with Kansas City losing to Detroit. So I mean Joe lost yesterday. Everyone's losing their mind. Hey, news flash everyone, Joe Burrow also lost Week one of last year.
Speaker 1: Everyone relaxed.
Speaker 2: Rams had a nice showing congratulation Matthew Staff Matt and with the Rams, everyone was, you know, saying their two cents about this team. They went into Seattle. Also, half the time, I didn't even know if Kevin Coogler and Mark Sanchez were throwing to me to do an in game update because the twelves are in full force. Couldn't hear at the background of there. But they Rams had a nice win. That Dolphins Chargers game was a great game.
Speaker 1: He missed two of them.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Tyreek Hill had two hundred and fifteen yards. I don't know, let's use basketball terms. Does anybody wanted the double team triple team? Like just literally throw all of your dbs on Tyreek Hill and hope for the best with any of the other receivers.
Speaker 1: How the f do you let Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 2: Get two hundred and fifteen yards and Tua had like over four hundred and fifty yards. It was really exciting and I was happy for them. But my headline here is not how you start, how you finish. Everyone wants to freak out week one of like, ah, this guy is falling. It is week one. It is a long season, so anyone that lost yesterday could end up having you know, home field advantage in the playoffs. Somebody that won yesterday could you know, go sub five hundred. So I think, like just watching even like the pre games and stuff this morning or the morning shows, I was like, relax and dare I say, calm down?
Speaker 1: It's week one. You had a good one.
Speaker 2: So lost storylines of course, and the post Aaron Rodgers Jordan love era began.
Speaker 1: So what was it like to be back? What was it like?
Speaker 2: You know, obviously did a pregame, but what is it like in Chicago. Yeah, I got to tell you a couple of stories. So I learned from watching the Quarterback this year, one with Patrick's show on Netflix Up and Kirk Cousins and Marcus Mariota Mario. There was a part in the Super Bowl where that we were covering Patrick Mahomes obviously went into the locker room with his injury, and it was like, what's going to happen, What's going to happen? So I was standing on the other side, not in the tunnel, waiting to see him run out. It's all I worried about. That was gonna be my hit, like what do you look like when he ran out? But you know what I learned from watching that Quarterback show was that I should have been in the friggin tunnel as soon as he walked out of his locker room. I could have made eye contact with him. I could have like interacted with him, like yesterday Aaron Jones gets hurt and I look at him and he goes, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: That's my report. They volunteer that information.
Speaker 2: So I watched Patrick Mahomes and that show like everybody did with that access, and I was like dammit, I should have been right there. I should have been there, not across. So I learned my lesson. So you know what I did yesterday. I walked inside that packer's tunnel right before pregame, and I stood right where they come out, not where like the cameras can see them, but the part where the cameras don't get them. And I watched Jordan Love walk out for the very first time, and I as I watched him, he took this huge breath and he let it out and my whole body got chills. It was fucking awesome. And that was your prey game. It Yeah, it was perfect. He had been afraid, because that's what that's what you want. That's what you want. The access. You're giving fans access to something that they don't have. You're describing things when people have said she before of like, ah, I do need a sideline reporter. I'll tell you why. I sideline reporter. That's why you need a sideline reporter, because you are getting to places or the relationships with the players that you you know, not everyone has so full like well, I don't even know what I'm trying to say. I've had two hours of sleep. I did clear this with my husband. I said, are you okay if I talk about this on Calm Down? He said, yeah, just don't bring me or mac into it. These skims are amazing. This Kim Kardashian, she knows what she's doing. I mean, it pulls you, it tightens you. You fit in this dress for television for Awards.
Speaker 1: She knows what she's doing. That girl knows what she's doing. Okay.
Speaker 2: The problem is when it's time, when you get the Hey, we're going to start rolling in thirty minutes, so everybody make sure whatever you need to do well. I needed to go potty. I needed to use the restroom. I needed to pee. I can't take this off because it's a long sleeve. I got this thing. So Jillian's like, you're just gonna have to figure it out.
Speaker 1: There's a hole, don't there a hole?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I couldn't hold it.
Speaker 2: I had to go there's a hole in the skims, Charisa, No, there's.
Speaker 1: A run in my pantyhose.
Speaker 2: To have Kim Kardashian tell me how she does this, I don't know how women at these ever shows.
Speaker 1: It's not going everywhere.
Speaker 2: I just don't want it on the skims because you know why then I'm pulling the dress down. You're sitting in the dress and you got a pea stain, but I didn't have that. But I'm freaking out, Like I'm like, how do you pee through this hole in a public bathroom without getting it on your hands or getting it on the cocktail dress to wear tonight?
Speaker 1: Can I question?
Speaker 2: She must not drink water. She must not drink at all when she's in these outfits. Okay, Well, someone who me who has a health condition of the usy height store where I cannot hold my pe anymore because it induces medical so you can't. So the second I have to go to the bathroom, your gal has to go because warning out there all you young ladies like me, or the years on the sideline where I held my way too long, it ends up coming back to haunt you. So when you ask me the bathroom, go to the bathroom. So, in this particular case, the question I have about the actual garment itself. Are you so there's a hole in it?
Speaker 1: But like so I know, but like, are you pulling the hole wider? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have the directions on this, so I'm asking Jillian and she goes, it's just an art forum.
Speaker 1: You have to figure it out. I didn't know how to do. I mean, I am like, well, here's the question for the group.
Speaker 2: Anyone out there who knows how to execute the hole in the skims where you're not it's not going down your leg, it's not getting on the garment, it's not getting on the dress. Please let us know, because now I'm a I'm curious about the whole contraption. Also curious how this thing works them on red carpets to events, Like, I'm just so confused. How you got it done? Any Who that kim K knows what she's doing. That thing's unreal. It's hard to get on, hard to get off. But wow, tightened up.
Speaker 1: There's the headline that Kim K knows what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, So busy week for us because it is week one. I leave tomorrow, which is going to be a Tuesday this week for my Thursday night game. Excited to be back with that group and we've got a good one, although unfortunately for Minnesota they're going to be coming off a loss. The Eagles almost lost after starting off very strong. I thought that was going to be a runaway train train? Are they still performing AnyWho? You should be on name that tune. You're very good enough being able to take some too. Okay, where are we? So I'm traveling?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: What do you have going on this week? Are we playing catchup at home? I know that it's been a priority for you, and we talked about it a little bit on the pregame, like.
Speaker 1: Sweet Steve, and I'll just back this up and then open up the question again.
Speaker 2: Sweet Steve. When I came home yesterday was like, it's football season. I'm going to make you dinner when you come home on Sunday, like a little cutie that he is.
Speaker 1: I have to show you.
Speaker 2: I don't have it on my phone, but I'll put it on the Calm Down podcasting. This also happens when you're newly dating someone like the sweetest thing that you're dating. I mean, like you've been dating for like over a year. Yeah that's true. I have been dating for over year, but like it's still a new relationship. This guy, when I was studying on Saturday night, goes, can I interrupt you for a second? I go, actually, now, it's not a good time. What a dick I am? Because he then goes, it'll only take a second. He holds up.
Speaker 1: He'd made a menu that said.
Speaker 2: Appetizer, this, main course, this, dessert, this, and it was all for me on Saturday night while I was studying that he was going to take care of me, and it had address my address which I won't say the street, you know, a name restaurant. He like, made this menu for me. I go, the cutest thing in the world. So then when I came home yesterday, he was like, well tonight at the blank resort, we're offering this, this, this, and this, and then made me dinner. I said, I can't handle you. So he is him so much. I know he really is a dream. So he's totally understanding. Like now football season round two, like what it entails from me that I'm crazy, Which is why I'm not being as nagging because he's really making the effort. I had asked him to paint this fence out here for months now. It's been on the to do list. And instead of me nagging and saying, why is this goddamn fence not painted, I've been asking you for months to paint the fence. I slept out to the fence before this podcast, I'm out there painting the fence and he was like, I would have done that, and I was like, it's no problem, I'll do it. What I wanted to say was the fence hasn't been needed to be paint for three months, but you haven't done it. Yeah, the pain was great, so I won't. I know I didn't, So you've proughted me. So I'm going to work on a not being a beach during the football season and really appreciating the help that is being offered at the residence that I live in. The thing I'm struggling with is this, And everybody's kind of wondered if the mommy guilt would hit, and it did hit this week, just because I went to Colorado, I went to Dallas, I went to New Orleans, I went to New York.
Speaker 1: Now I was in where the hell was I yesday?
Speaker 2: Oh Chicago, And so you know, I was getting videos from Jared of Mac and all that, and I was like, God, I feel bad, like I'm missing, Like he was laughing, he was talking, he was being cute, and I was like, I'm a jerk. And then I checked in with Jared later that night and I was like what are you doing? And he's like, oh, I'm at dinner, and I read him the Riot Act for being out to dinner. I'm like, you're out to dinner and I'm putting myself through hell for working and like really like, and I got off the phone and I was like, I just did that because I feel so bad. The baby's already in bed, like there was nothing else for him to do. He went out to dinner with his friends and he was like, but this is why we decided to get someone, yeah, live with us and do this. And I called him and I was just like, I'm sorry I took it out on you. So yes, I need to work on good girl. I feel like you wanting to go apologize that quickly guilt, Yeah, I am, because I'm like, I feel like I'm missing things. Although my friends are like, who have gone through this before, They're like, you're fine, you're not missing mine and I could go for your weekend and like, you know, so this is what I need to not take it out on him. Okay, so this is what I would say, And you didn't ask for my advice. But since you're talking about all things, I don't remember what I did at two months old. I don't remember laughing. I don't remember what I did at two years old. What he will remember is that he's got a badass mom.
Speaker 1: Who's working hard.
Speaker 2: He will know that you are doing all these things to make sure that he can have go to the Little League practice, go to this, go to the whatever. There's no it's easy or said than done. I don't have a child, right, but like I do feel guilty sometimes, like if I'm like not not the same the dogs one hundred percent, Like if I've had if I have to board them for an extended period of time, I'm like, I'm the worst, Like these are my dogs, but on boarding them because I'm either recharging my own battery so i can be a better mother, or I'm working to pay for them to take hikes in Ballabu.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's like I look at them and I'm like, you guys are so lucky, and look at them. They don't look like they're too sad over here as they follow me around and want to be with me all the time. Mac loves you, and he will look back and know that you are a great mother, not that you were out, you know, gallivanting around town.
Speaker 1: And I regret it.
Speaker 2: He will know how you talk to him, and that's very good. And I think that's a very mature thing to say.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Saying I'm sorry in a relationship is like step number one to recovery. Like just being like I'm sorry, like I was a dick, Like that goes a long way, at least for me.
Speaker 1: I was acknowledgment.
Speaker 2: I was with a very successful entrepreneur slash businessman business the hard word to say, I'm sure you did a great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And I was asking him his biggest piece of advice with all of his success that he's had, and he said, I'm the first one to say I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: When it's needed.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So in your relationships and in business, I love that I'm not sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I know. Hey, So yesterday our game, it didn't run late. It took a long time, I think for those last five minutes, and then there was a ton of traffic in Chicago. I was texting you and Ryan about like they're boarding now and we are twenty minutes out, Like, I don't know if we're going to make this. This is the story of my life. She's sending like the straight shot of like how long it is going to take to get Therefore, I was like, oh no, girl, Ophelia, this is going to be a rough one.
Speaker 1: It was the last white out.
Speaker 2: I hadn't peed in six to seven hours, exactly what we were talking about. It didn't matter if there was a hole in my skims, I wasn't gonna be able to use it anyways. I was fully sunburned. My hair has turned orange because of the sun. I'm in a like just through like vest and pan. I am this gross. I smell like an offensive lineman. And I'm sitting here checking other flights. I'm checking the ways. I'm like, we got two minutes till the jam clears up, get through security in front of my meteorologists traffic reporter that report yes and mother. By the way, Ole said to me, he goes, how about Kevin Burkhardt saying meteorologists and mother? She does it all. I love that man. He's so adorable.
Speaker 1: He's the best.
Speaker 2: Also side note, Greg dressed up at dinner this week because he goes well, I made the podcast. I had to bring a change of clothes speaking okay speak, that's a nice segue. And then wait, I want to wait, no, finish this because I always cut your stories off.
Speaker 1: No, you make your flight running running running. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what I was saying, but yeah, just I mean, just rereaked. I hadn't peed, I hadn't had any water.
Speaker 1: I sit down. They offered me one glass of wine. I'm wasting it. It was just a mess. I was just a mess.
Speaker 2: I always get mad though, when I sit down and there's You're like, you're sprinting to get to the thing, and you make it and you're like, oh, p few, I have enough time. But then you get on the plane and you're sitting there forever, and everyone around you, since they've already been in boarding Area one and gotten on the flight when they were supposed to, they all have a drink, and I'm like, hey, can I have you? Now?
Speaker 1: We have to wait.
Speaker 2: Now, we have to wait until we're forty five minutes into the flight. And all your gal wants is like when she sits down.
Speaker 1: I was so pissed.
Speaker 2: We ran so fast and had I hadn't eaten all day. And I took a picture and I sent it to you.
Speaker 1: Guys. Goonies never say die or whatever.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is and I could have gotten some mcnugets at the McDonald's next time. I mean there was enough time they were still boarding Group six, and I was like, well, geez, I could have gotten this six piece. Did you ever see that? I don't know why I always reference this commercial. McDonald's had this commercial. It was like an R and B, like a whole setup in the singer goes.
Speaker 1: Girl, you got a ten piece. Don't be stinja, it is so funny. I wreck, I caught you creep in at nag girl, you got a ten piece. Don't be stinjay. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not funny, but it's like he thinks he like he thinks the girl is like cheating on him, and she's like out in the middle of the night and she comes back with a McDonald's thing of McNuggets.
Speaker 1: And then he said, girl, you got a ten piece, don't biston jay. I'll show you tonight. Hey. Side note, before we get off, we're talking about Greg Greg. Are you a homeowner? Greg? How's your portfolio strong? To quite strong? Okay?
Speaker 2: Meet the parents. Speaking of parents, I love my parents. Steve Andrews sent me a text yesterday the show I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: I love your parents so much. Oh yeah, we have our own texts going on.
Speaker 2: Say it was about the show and the little cutie was watching and he had comments and I said, you're just the best.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I love me Gronk and Julian, Well, I mean, let's save the last dance. Let's save the best for last. These two maniacs, okay, are unbelievable. We already know this. You vacationed with these, this get along gang before crazy. They are like, well, and again, I know not everyone listening to this has met Gronk or Julian Edelman, but imagine the person that you like see on television or your favorite athlete or whoever, not even your favorite, just an atheys and you're like, are they really like that in person?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're exactly like that.
Speaker 2: And then some like yesterday like reenacting the Lombardi and the baseball, so like there was like the whole thing, the whole story, which I won't get into all of it, but Gronk dented the Lombardi because he hit like Julian threw him a baseball. Julian didn't think that Gronk was actually going to use the real Lombardi like and like be like a batter in the batting box. He did it, dented the Lombardi. It's in the Patriots Hall of Fame still with the dent. So cool on the trophy anyway, So they reenacted that yesterday, and it's just they're so funny, They're so fun and I cannot wait. And I was like, Gronk, are you gonna be with us all year? He's gonna be there like thirteen weeks. But I it's just a reminder that like, these guys won three rings together. They played together for nine years, and it's a reminder that you can win at the highest level, you can be dominant at the highest level, and you can have fun doing it while still falling underneath the BELICHICKI and like.
Speaker 1: It was gonna say a job thing. Wow, it's as a head coach. Correct.
Speaker 2: So this whole thing of like, oh, you've got to you know, do things a certain way. Yes, there's, of course, is always a recipe for success, but it takes on a lot of different identities. And when I looked at those two together yesterday, I was like, what an awesome scrap book of life that you were able to have success at that level together, but then also do it with like your best friends and it's just so cool.
Speaker 1: And then Brady called.
Speaker 2: Brady called Julian, I guess after the show, and Julian walked outside to take the call, and he set the fire alarm off.
Speaker 1: He walked out the wrong door. The alarm's going off in the whole building. Yeah, the get along.
Speaker 2: Gang, Yeah exactly. Our boss goes. Brad goes, ask wrong Jewels, what just happened with the fire alarm? Because I wasn't there. I was still in the studio, so we didn't hear it. So what set off the fire alarm? What does he say? Oh? HOWI long Bryan's keeping us on task. So we go to dinner on that Friday night before this past Friday? Sweet, how we long a stream boat? That he is just like, Oh, I brought it up because of father's How we love having like forefathers, our four fathers, four scores, our forefathers. He goes you and Aaron that podcast. I go, oh god, what do they do now? And I go, did we do something wrong? He goes, no, I just got to make sure that I'm monitoring what you guys are doing. He's not going to like my skims content, but it's real life stuff that women all understand and people need to talk about. And he goes, I make sure that I keep an eye on you two. And Chris lungs, so he watches the podcast clips these on social and he's got a fake handle so no one knows it's him.
Speaker 1: And how uh huh.
Speaker 2: I won't even tell you what it is because then I'll out him for it. He has a fake handle, a Fensta account, so he can monitor what we're doing and what Chris Long is doing. And I said, Howie, if I couldn't love you any more, you know than I already do, I do now because you are adorable.
Speaker 1: He goes, I just got to make sure.
Speaker 2: Howie don't get mad at me about my skims learning how to go potty with it on, because I cleared it with Constant Schwartz Marini send all thoughts and concerns to her and Jared Lee Stole. You know, I just think it's like something women have a hard time with, and it's like, listen, it's like fertility, and you know, trying to go potty with your spanks on.
Speaker 1: It's difficult. These things need to be talked about.
Speaker 2: Look, if we want to have a podcast, we got to talk about things from A to Z and do you have to pee? That's all all the time we have for this snake, Surrey, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Setting off the Alarms, Bring the alarm, my Ale.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio apps, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Eight three