Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 2: Arm drang edme Studio C fairly a senior.
Speaker 3: A dimly lit room deep with from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound and Today Friday, heading into the weekend words the tutelage of our general manager, Leo the fourteenth, the new Pope, power to the papal U s A U s A.
Speaker 4: We won.
Speaker 1: Here is not a luckily? Will Ryan take that? South America, World, Africa? Huh?
Speaker 3: Now we dominate everything, bombs, popes, everything you can leave, economy, aircraft, carres, anything you can lead in. We're now number one, and not just an American, but a Chicagoan that's a real American. Here's my question. We've been doing this show for thirty years, good Lord, which is a long time. Will we be punished for ours ends? Is that your question? Now that we have an American pope, I think we're in trouble. Who may have heard the show? I don't think we've ever been more out of step with a dominant news story ever.
Speaker 1: Do you have any.
Speaker 3: Idea why we just from the amount of coverage we talked about it leading up to yesterday and then and then yesterday just I tuned in number other radio shows outside of a sports show, I don't think anybody covered the pope.
Speaker 1: Less than us. Do you have any idea why what pope? There wasn't a pope.
Speaker 3: Well, even when we landed yesterday it had it happened while we were on the air, we didn't go very big with it.
Speaker 1: I mean, even when it happened.
Speaker 3: So I mean just I mean, there's no getting around in the fact we covered it less than I think any news outlet in America. Do you have any idea why? I was just wondering myself. I'm surprised, more than the things I've already said about it.
Speaker 1: I just no, I don't know. I don't have.
Speaker 3: Any need to go with the herd. Perhaps to a fault, but I don't think so I had nothing to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the why I don't.
Speaker 3: I do, I do, I am, I'll bet I know more about the Catholic Church than any non Catholic listening. I have attended a Catholic Mass in every major cathedral in America. La San Francisco, Chicago, New York, wherever I did on my birthday. If you'll remember, i've read about with the popes. I know are about Vatican two in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know a.
Speaker 3: Lot about the athlic Church, but I didn't think most people were that interested, so I kept most of that to myself. And I would guess based on the amount of coverage this has gotten, well, I still think maybe they're wrong. So I think maybe there's some interesting thing going on with the seclarization of the country and this is like a a wanting reaction or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what now I'm interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be, yeah, because I mean statistics show were less church going in less religious than we have ever been.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, I consider myself an honorary Lutheran. But back to the topic. Yeah, that's an interesting theory, you know, and I'm not You can talk about anything you want, as can I. It's worth batifully for a long time. hYP I would suggest that the very media you're talking about have no ratings and even worse quote unquote ratings for trust and reliability. Everybody dislikes them and doesn't watch them on the other hand, I'm more than happy to Yeah. Well, I didn't not talk about it because I didn't think we should. I just I honestly didn't think there was that many people that would be interested. But when Fox and MSNBC and News Nation and every radio show I tune on and all evening news dedicate like half their coverage to it, I think I missing something here is something going on. I just wonder if it's like a comfort food thing people kind of miss that, That's what I'd like. Maybe it's the wishes being the father of my thoughts. I kind of would like it if it were people thinking, you know, that whole tradition, having something to believe in bigger than.
Speaker 1: Yourself, kind of like that as a kid. That's what I'd like to think. Yeah, interesting theory, could be something to that.
Speaker 3: I happened to watch some news coverage of the speculation and the attempts to interview the cardinals and them not being interviewed and going on and on, and I thought, this is boring and stupid and just going through the motions. But you know, if whatever, I don't know, it's an outlier in her career, and I just wondered why and I don't have an answer. Would you like to disclose the big secret?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I probably should, just so you typhoid Mary possibly put up with a listening to the show. I got diagnosed finally yesterday, I have whooping cough? Who gets whooping cough? I said to my son, I got whooping cough. He said, I do you have polio? What do you mean you got whooping cough? I got it down at the gold Mine right after the ice cream social. I hope I didn't get it from Mary Lou. I mean, who has whooping cough? Well, turtussis you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what's funny? Whoop is? Uh wooop? Oh my gosh. Did you hear the whooping cough? Button?
Speaker 3: It's terrible? Well, I just I will later. I want to make sure you hear my whooping. Oh geez, you know at the so a couple of nights ago, Yes, Katie, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, I was just the phlegm and the hook.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you're close to me, the death rattle is quite amazing. But I was laying in bed the other day and I thought like my phone was making a noise or something, or like my pillow was squeaking. I couldn't figure it out until I got diagnosed. It was my It was my lungs doing this like whoo. It's more like a winnie. It should be called winny cough. It sounded like the winnie of a pony. When I lay down and bed and breathe, you'd be like inoculated against that.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: My mom texted me, I got you inoculated for that when you were a baby. Well that was sixty years ago. M'st not a helb up or off war off or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I was. My doctor was discussing with me various updates, two shots I needed at this point in my life, and he did mention the DPT shot. Yeah, the doctor told me pertussis. And doctor said I the other one, get it renewed. Yeah, the the detap I should get. I should have gotten renewed before and I wouldn't have gotten hooping cough.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael, just don't bring smallpox into the studio.
Speaker 3: Smallpox, whooping cough. I get all your old timey diseases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tetanus, there you go, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. Yeah, my son just got that.
Speaker 3: The other day because you get it in uh when you're born, and then you get another one in your age, like twelve or thirteen, and apparently I need another one.
Speaker 1: Go get one if you haven't had one. Oh, there, he goes. I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll read about this later because there's some interesting stuff on this. It's not something you want, and I might be It's quite possible. I'm only half to a third way through the whole process. I might have this a newspaper column for a while. I might have this for another month or two. You can get all of our fastating content and print well, AI could transcribe it. Oh, so I didn't sleep one minute last night, about one minute because I'm on a new steroid thing. That's twice this week I've stayed up the entire night without a minute sleep. So if I go crazy, fasten your seat belts, everybody, staff and audience.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to take construction.
Speaker 3: If you say I'm really out of line, I will. I will take your word for it because I'm like out of my mind tired. The self driving car really helped today. But I got onto AI last night. Did some chat GPT that you were talking about yesterday can't wait to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: One thing about staying up all night long? The amount of research you can do is amazing. Got a lot of Pope stuff I.
Speaker 1: Know you do too. Excellent. Well he's dead to me. The Pope is dead to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah his My affection for him was short light. Indeed, does that fit in with the opening clip they're abot to play? Oh yeah, there we go. Maybe you ought to just get to it. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, May ninth. They're twenty twelve, twenty five. We are Armstrong in Getty. We have whooping coughin. We approve of this program, so called Pope. Anyway, let's start the show officially now according to FCC rules of regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go at Mark.
Speaker 4: Clear up the thing about the Cubs and White Sox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was never ever a Cubs fan, so I don't know where that came from. He was always a Sox fan. Our mother was a Cubs fan, I don't know. Maybe that clute in there, and our dad was a Cardinals fan, So I don't know where that all came from Our mom's family was from North Side, so that's why they were Cubs fans.
Speaker 4: But he rooted for the whites.
Speaker 1: That's right. His mother was a mother, his father was a cardinal. That's odd.
Speaker 3: Yes, a divided family, mixed race if you will. As a Chicagoan lifelong Cobbies fan, I have died have nothing more to say about this sick, sick individual. My favorite part of this story is that whoever ABC or whoever decided to jump the gun and claim he was a Cubs fan and have that run around the world for an hour before it got corrected by everybody who's ever known him, who said right, talk and he's like the biggest white Sox fan in the world. So nice job to the trust in regard people have for the mainstream media. Right, so you're gonna cover this story for nineteen hours a week but then just run with crap that's not true. Shout out to my brother in law, Hank, by the way, lifelong Socks fan, the hell of a good guy. Uh So, Yeah, this guy's interesting background and the rest of it, and everybody's kind of guessing about what doctrines he might take based on the name he's chosen.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. But it's another speculation of song. Well. I talked about it a week or so ago.
Speaker 3: It is actually right after Francis died that I was reading a couple of articles in National Review by a couple of the Catholic writers.
Speaker 1: Founded by William F.
Speaker 3: Bubbley, one of the biggest Catholics in America. The whole perception of the mainstream media that Francis was some liberal gay marriage loving guy pro abortion or something was so wrong, I mean, was absolutely one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So he'll be like Francis and a very liberal.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Francis wasn't as liberal as y'all claimed at all. He was hardcore no gay marriage and no women in the church, abortion, absolutely wrong. He didn't budge on any of that stuff. So all of that was misinterpreted by our mainstream media because he just loved the idea of it. And I think they're doing some of the same thing.
Speaker 1: With this guy, right right.
Speaker 3: They're bad at their jobs in and they lie one more reasonable tune at ABC News tonight with David Muir. But he's got great air, his jaw is perfectly square, and he's got guns to die for. Oh is that right, David Muir, Oh, I thought you meant the new pope Pope is sorry Pope. I got whooping cough and I could push the pope over. Sorry, I got distracted thinking about the new Pope udly anyway, So we congratulate him on his pope tum and we wish him nothing but the best. Got a number of interesting things. Like I said, if you stay up all night long, you can do a lot of research. We got Katie's headlines on the way. We got mail bag Trump some news broken the New York Post yesterday that he might call off the China tariff thing like in a.
Speaker 1: Call of days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's backpedaling, uh pretty hard, which may have been the plan all along.
Speaker 1: I'm not criticizing, but that's it's unmistakable. What's happening.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, that's huge. Anyway, a lot of stuff on the way. I hope you can stay here. Let me jump in with the most interesting headline I've seen before Katie gets to hers.
Speaker 1: This is from Mark Alprin.
Speaker 3: To me, he is the most trusted political news reporter in America. He's right, more often and less partisan than anybody I read or follow, and many examples to prove that his head motivations are those of the traditional reporter.
Speaker 1: He's the seeker of truth. I love him.
Speaker 3: His headline yesterday, tweeted it out yesterday afternoon, and then I'll get into the details later.
Speaker 1: The headline is the Biden family is broke.
Speaker 3: That's his what his sources say, what I know, that's why they're on the view, That's why they're doing all this stuff. They are broke. More details to come. Wow, I know what a tantalizing clue. Also, was there a highly cynical reason for selecting the new Chicago Pope?
Speaker 1: Stay with us? Mmm? Is right?
Speaker 3: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 6: Katie, Well, because it's all everybody's talking about NBC. Catholic Americans rejoice for Poplo.
Speaker 1: That's also interesting.
Speaker 3: Trad Cats as they call them, traditional Catholics are bigger in America than anywhere else in the world of like bringing back Latin Mass and all that sort of stuff, more than traditional Catholic Church. I don't know if that's going to fit in with the new pope or not. That is interesting. Although the highly you know, joyous celebrations of American Catholics, which Katie is referring to.
Speaker 1: What do highly joyous people do at churches?
Speaker 3: Often they donate a lot that is well more than one person has suggested the Catholic CHURCHIP, which like the Biden family, has some serious financial challenges, may have been thinking in terms of.
Speaker 1: The cash box. Actually, cynical view are realistic.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, chaos breaks out as anti Israel activists erected tents at Brooklyn College in New York City.
Speaker 1: Eighty arrested.
Speaker 3: Gotta charge these people with something, though, If it's just I got arrested and I can brag about it, and I'm at the bar that night to tell people, it doesn't do any good. Yeah, here's the Getty doctrine. If people break the law, punish them for it. If I can repeat that, if you'd like to jot it down.
Speaker 6: From ABC, Trump says eighty percent tariffs on China.
Speaker 1: Quote seem right.
Speaker 3: And more pre negotiation posturing fine.
Speaker 6: From the Financial Times, Chinese companies are offering original washing services to avoid Trump's tariffs or in washing.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, figure out a way to make it look like it came from somewhere other than China.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're doing export forwarding services to Vietnam and Thailand to get around.
Speaker 1: That's the way all getting around sanctions work. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: From Breitbart dot com, New York PD reports members of migrant quote little Devil's gang arrested two hundred and forty times. These are the little kids being groomed to be trend de arragua and those two hundred and forty arrests were divided amongst thirty seven people.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, what have we imported?
Speaker 3: Speaking of Biden, the worst president, Trump was probably right. He's definitely in your bottom three or four of all time.
Speaker 6: From Yahoo News, Chinese tech company exploring how AI can translate pet sounds into words.
Speaker 3: Oh right, now AI is getting into the psychic business.
Speaker 6: This one, also from the New York Post. Metallica rocked Virginia Tech concert so hard it registered as a small earthquake.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's a way to rock.
Speaker 6: Study finds just thirty nine percent of Americans would donate an organ for a loved one.
Speaker 1: What wow? Which organ is it? My heart? I need it or never used it that I've seen?
Speaker 6: And finally, the Babylon Bee Eagle firing AR fifteen emerges from Vatican indicating an American pope has been selected.
Speaker 1: Yes, America. Did you guys see on NBC.
Speaker 6: When they cut to the live shot when the white smoke came out, there was just a seagull standing there looking around.
Speaker 3: Why is everybody looking at me? This is weird and to making me uncomfortable? What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Never seen a seagull before? Good lord?
Speaker 3: So again, speaking of the Biden family, more and more evidence of how the green energy scam worked coming out, and it is galling. Well.
Speaker 1: I got to hit you at the details on them being broke. It's really something.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Geeddy, the Biden families broke, according to Mark Halprin's reporting. Will have the details on that. There's not a lot, but that's a dang interesting story. We'll have that in just a moment. And then also the New York Post broke this yesterday with an exclusive on they had a source in the White House. They claim that Trump's really ready to back pedal on the Chinese tariffs.
Speaker 1: We'll have the details on that in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Also, m m yeah, some of the signals coming out of the White House sure sound like that, all right? Fabulous, But first it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 1: I'm in contrast of your contrast. We like that. I'll say this as well. You can have that product which the weak. Is it okay in the short term to have our session? Yes, everything's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think a beautiful baby girl needs that's eleven years old, needs to have thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: How do you lead the world having ambitsin instructional? How do you leave the world? Have been out him the best healthcare ineral. Hes't hiding somewhere.
Speaker 5: I didn't have him, you know, sequestered in.
Speaker 1: Some place where she had You know, Canada loves us and we love Canada. But we'll see, I mean, over time, we'll see what happens to me.
Speaker 3: Having met with the owners of Canada over the course of the campaign, it's not for sale.
Speaker 1: Won't be for sale ever.
Speaker 6: Don't you've ab gaud you Manu man a baby most stop.
Speaker 1: Because he's a Cubs fans. He is well acquainted with suffering.
Speaker 3: At least one hundred flights have been canceled today.
Speaker 1: I discuss auld it approach lost all the radars. Three of the four radar screens was black, and it's because of Trump and Doge.
Speaker 3: If there's any place where Trump chaos can really cause loss of life, it's at the FAA Alcatraz. It sort of represents something that's both horrible and beautiful and strong and miserable.
Speaker 1: Week crews called most Diablos day forty two. It's basically the minor league gang for Trende Ragway. This is made up of kids.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, a large crowd of protesters gathered outside near the campus, where they clashed with New York City police.
Speaker 4: This latest mishaf occurring when the pilot of an Fa eighteen super Hornet was attempting at nighttime tale with blending, but the jet ended up pulling off the end of the flight deck instead. After six decades fleeting Berkshire halfway, Buffett said he'll step down as CEO.
Speaker 3: Its lawyers are aiming to convince the jeury the government is trying to police consensual sex by a swinger who they say invited others into his bedroom. You've got thirty two million followers, so you're one of the most followed people. See wait now, look right now, you're not going to take inches off my bro I thought you were talking about the fly hole.
Speaker 1: What. I don't understand the things I say.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, wow, what a week it's been. No wonder, I'm tired, no humor. May be one of the most cynical human beings has ever lived on Earth, blaming the air traffic control problems on Trump and Doge after he's resisted. He's opposed every meaningful reform to the air traffic control system over the last couple of decades.
Speaker 1: You pretty much have to be to be a career politician. I don't think it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's possible to be a career politician without being a cynical, cynical bastard who lies regularly.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's you can do it. I would agree. You often say, how do these people sleep?
Speaker 3: I wonder if Chuck in Chuck Schumer's mind, he's like, He's like, I don't know, what's a good example.
Speaker 1: Maybe a soldier. He's there to win a battle. He's not there.
Speaker 3: In contrast to some of our nation building projects in flight to build buildings or to put out fires, or to put bread on the shelves, or any of a thousand other purposes. He is there to kill people, break stuff, and win battles. Let other people worry about that other stuff. I wonder if that's how he sees himself. So here's here's the biggest story come across today.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: How consequential it is. But so what in the hell we're gonna play? Hour two will play some more clips of Joe Biden and Joe Biden on the view.
Speaker 1: What the hell are they doing?
Speaker 3: Nobody can figure out how they're so wrong thinking they're going out there making their lives better. Desperation makes you do crazy things, and that's what Mark Helpern is reporting starting yesterday afternoon. He said a source very familiar with the Bidens, and he wouldn't say this if it weren't true that Biden Inc. The family business that generated millions of dollars in revenue to support their lifestyle, has dried up. The trough is empty, the spigot has turned off. Biden Inc. Needs a source of revenue. Joe's earning power is not sufficient. Hunter does not have earning capacity anymore. And it's all about so they claim they're going to write a book. They're trying to get some they're trying to show that he's got the chops for speaking engagements because currently he's getting offered none. Oh boy, oh boy. It's like you were talking about yesterday. We're talking about a rock star, but just the idea of like, you're wealthy, but you craft a lifestyle that's too rich even for you when you're wealthy, and you can't sustain it.
Speaker 1: And some rich people do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you live within your means as the Biden family and not have quite as many ocean side houses and everything else, and you probably had plenty of money, but they just they crafted a lifestyle that required a great deal of revenue. And he no longer gets any boy. I hear all the financial planners in the audience all thinking the same thing, which is, how, given their revenue stream for as long as it lasted, how did they not have twenty million dollars stashed away in the bank just a nice mutual funds or something like that, just two index funds. I think they lived. I mean the entire extended family. That's a lot of people. Yeah, he got like posse. They're like a you know, a rapper, an NFL wide receiver. I mean, you got twenty five people and some ex wives in there and everything, and you can go through a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Jill likes name brands. Jill likes name brands.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah eh, as coach persons don't buy themselves, do they, Michael, that's a amazing I think it's awesome if you're going to be a grifter and run a crime family business and get away with it, going broke publicly it's like the best pedalleetic and we can't nail you criminally, going broke publicly is the next best thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm practically a grifter.
Speaker 3: Look what I do for a living, and I saved my money anyway, good for those crooks.
Speaker 1: Oh speak in a witch. Unbelievable. You know what? Now, now, what might be a perfect time to hit you with this? Or do we have time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: Let me scan over and find it there is So the Trump Department of Energy just canceled a four and a half million dollar contract the Biden administration had awarded to this allegedly Native American owned firm four and a half million dollars to create a new logo for the Department of Energy highlighting the transition to green energy and to design a websit site for them four and a half million dollars, folks, to design a logo which you could do with AI in the next ten minutes.
Speaker 1: And it would be really really good for free, right, and to develop a website. Well.
Speaker 3: That was assigned in March of twenty three. However, the project fell behind schedule, and by late twenty four the firm had only delivered a logo and failed to make progress on the website redesign. Having been paid two point three million dollars, the American taxpayer got nothing but a logo we could have made for free with AI for two point three million dollars.
Speaker 1: That is how the scam works.
Speaker 3: There's another example too, uns Hunter's going to be like at a tourist place painting pictures of people with the big head and the dune buggy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Joe is going to be I'll snip your daughter's hair for cash or something I don't know what already from sniffing your daughter's air for cash or like another great example of the same scam. And Jill will take a look at that mole since she's a doctor. Wow, Wow, I think you've been misled. A quick word from our friends at simply Save Home Security. I love simply Safe because of my extensive collection of Hunter Biden painting that I paid five million dollars for three of them. But whatever you have to protect, including your beloved family and your peace of mind, simply Safe security is more advanced, it's more effective, and it's much.
Speaker 1: Less expensive than your old security system.
Speaker 3: I drove away from my home this morning protected by a vicious ten pound pug and the simply Safe system with the active guard outdoor protection and the cameras and the sensors and all that sort of stuff that would alert me if anything happen. Yeah, if somebody's lurking around your house or acting suspiciously, the live agents see them, can talk to them in real time, activate spotlights, even contact the cops before you get your window busted. Now that's a home security system. No long term contracts, They earn your business every day, no cancelation fees, and monitoring plans start incredibly affordably in around a bucket day. Just visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Gets your first month free at simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. A medical professional just texted me that she has seen adults break the ribs with whooping cough from coughing. So yes, act and it's see that the number of cases is exploding around the country too.
Speaker 1: I just came across that information. Is it US immigrants? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is unclean people like yourself. No, we'll get more into that, but I wanted to pay this off. Department of Labor and the Department of Government Efficiency just cut twenty five diversity equity inclusion grants, saving eight and a half million dollars that would have been spent on fostering inclusive environments for gender expansive people and other that's in quotes and other woke initiatives. A lot of it has to do with the Department of Energy underrepresented this, that, and the other. It is simply spraying cash on supporters in the name of utterly amorphous bull ass, and I wish I could use the word including equity summits to foster inclusive, inclusive working environments for gender expansive people, to pre apprenticeship program, non traditional job training for non binary individuals in the Gulf Coast region.
Speaker 1: Good lord, the list goes on and on.
Speaker 3: It's enough to make it go nuts and march in the streets, but we don't because we have jobs. That's the disadvantaged Conservatives have. Joe and Jell are going to be in some sort of assisted living that they can barely afford, maybe taxpayer supported. Not even getting named brand Jello just sitting there. Wow, Generic Jello have a mighty fallen. I'd say, we've got mail bag on the way stare. We've got a lot of stuff to get to on a Friday. So we haven't even really talked about the pope yet. There's some interesting stuff about the Pope that I learned yesterday.
Speaker 1: The new Pope.
Speaker 3: We will profile him and talk about the Biden. I'm still riff and you give me money tour, so stay with us. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It is in a way, it's also just a well aimed shot from the great Thomas Sewell, and so I'm going with it.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, assume me and I quote.
Speaker 3: There have always been ignorant people, but they haven't always had college degrees to make them unaware of their ignorance. Some people imagine that they are well informed because they have memorized the whole galaxy of trendy dogmas and fashionable attitudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got a lot of that going on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They memorize the Marxist tripe. Their professors feed them and imagine they're educated. Quote unquote, mailbag drop us a note. Would your mailbag at armstrong e geddy dot com keep it as short as you can. Continuing on with our four days of Cliff Cliff, who wrote a multi part email the other day. I forgot day two of four days with Cliff yesterday, so we're already a day behind.
Speaker 1: Wow. Sorry, Cliff, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, yes, sorry, I hate to repeat myself, he says, Well, please stop calling the Wall Street Journal a conservative news source. You keep making that claim despite all the evidence to the contrary, all contraire Cliff, multi day Cliff. We put it out many times that their editorial board is quite chrisconservative, but their reporters, and this is the reason I'm reading this, are skewing further and further left because as the years go by, they're replacing the old hands with the products of America's journalism. Schools who are I mean, to a horrific extent way left. Yeah, I've got to believe it's a challenge for the editors to rein them in. There's also a law and axiom that our friend Tim Sanderfer said one time on the air that I always remember any organization that's not specifically devoted conservatism will draw drift left over time. And I think that seems to be true. For whatever reason. What's the nickel explanation for that, I don't know, but it just seems to be true. Collectivism benefits them as a bureaucracy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a fascinating thought.
Speaker 3: Cliff goes on, Yes, they're better than the WAPO in New York Times, but that's like saying Kamala's smarter than a beaver.
Speaker 1: Definitely unfair to Beaver's what a powerful metaphor.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Cammy baby. Here's a note from Steve on the new American Pope. My first reaction is, since Catholic Church is so far in the red, the new pope was chosen from America in order to get the Americans to donate more money.
Speaker 1: I'm not that cynical. He could be right, but I just I'm not that cynical about it. Realism is not cynicism, my lad.
Speaker 3: Although I tell you what, I'm running a rock and roll band and we need a new singer.
Speaker 1: And you got two guys who just sing like birds. They're fabulous.
Speaker 3: They're accommodation of Elvis and Robert plant one's really good looking.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a situation with the pope could be. But and we'll play this later.
Speaker 3: But the number of people throughout his life who knew him in school or you know, in seminary or whatever. He said he's gonna be pope someday he's just one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, interesting, plunging, plunging on.
Speaker 3: Here's a note from SI guys mentioned maybe someday these spoiled college cry babies will finally get it. They don't live in the real world, so no, they don't pay a mortgage rent because they live in mommy's spare bedroom. No car loan, no insurance premiums, no utility bills, no food bills, no gasoline bills, no healthcare premiums, no maintenance costs.
Speaker 1: I could go on forever.
Speaker 3: They never encounter life outside a safe room on an insulated college campus, with the exception of maybe riding a bus to a protest. There are perpetual children and totally oblivious to the concept of reality. But is it their fault or their woosy parents who enable to hold GDS show. Well, that's a couple of great questions. The real world has a way of a batting last side. Reality tends to slap you until you come round in a lot of cases, not in all cases. We all know people, generally of the far left, who are utterly divorced from reality and completely confident in their judgments.
Speaker 1: My thirteen year old tried that out yesterday.
Speaker 3: We were having a little discussion about screen time and why is a good idea or a bad idea.
Speaker 1: For your future? And that's really got into you know, what are you're gonna do when you're older?
Speaker 3: You said, I'll just live with you. I said, no, you're not well. I said maybe if you're paying rent, but you'll still need to have a job, And so I was. I was eye opening for him. Great note from JT and livermore about the Bidens and what they're attempting right now by their rehabilitation tour. Going to save that for when we'd play some great audio next hour got this. I thought it was interesting from Pat, gentlemen, and I use that term loosely. Greetings from Afar.
Speaker 1: There. I was somewhere near the.
Speaker 3: Aiden Atta excuse my pronunciation, international Airport in beautiful Mogadishue, Somalia, minding my own business and listening to A ANDNG discuss Afghanistan's good economic times, specifically the fact that the Teleban is raking in billions of dollars selling American armaments to terrorist groups. We were discussing yesterday. Left behind by which president was it? I'm senile mummy. Oh yeah, Joe Biden. My word is a Biden right exactly. Anyway, So there is our friend Pat by the airport and beautiful Mogadishue listening to you guys discussing this. Shortly afterward, I see an Mi I twenty four helicopter as seen in Red Dawn flying overhead even attached to video. Wow, I'm purchased recently by some group of some bench or another. Please keep up the good work and never retire, even if Jack is on his dB. And now it's time for me to get back to work, guys, for it is time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is every day.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he says says, ps, please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever want to use my time sharing kabul.
Speaker 1: I'm busy that weekend, Pat, but thank you. Our global reach and power is startling. Nobody's more surprised than us. Ah, what was I gonna say? Well, that'll do for now.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll get to a little Joe Biden on the View with his wife making up all kinds of crap about how they would win and she didn't hide him and all that. We've got some information on the new pulp that I think is pretty damned interesting. Yeah, also reading the tea leaves of Trump's trade negotiations. As Jack has put it many times, sir, this will be the only story in America if our economy goes kurbluey.
Speaker 1: Which is going to hit in just a few days. But looks like he's going to dodge the bullet.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you about whooping cough what I learned yesterday because you don't want to get it, and it's out there, so it's probably worth knowing something about because this is a miserable freaking disease. Deadly illness spreading twice as fast in twenty twenty five, surpassing nine thousand cases. It has doubled since last year. Yeah, but it only lasts two or three months if you catch it. So I got them, We got a lot on the way. If you miss a segment or an hour, get the podcast. You look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. If you subscribe, you automatically get the feed. It's pretty wow. That sounds like a really good idea, Armstrong and Getty