Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The FAA, which is overseen by Secretary Pete Buddhachek. A real winner, that's the guy. He's a real winner. You know how badly everything's run since he's run the Department of Transportation. He's a disaster. He was a disaster as a mayor. He ran his city into the ground, and he's a disaster now. He's just got a good line of both the Department of Transportation, his government agency charged with regulating civil aviation. Well, he runs it forty five thousand people and he's run it right into the ground with his diverse There you go.
Speaker 4: So it got personal between Trump and Mayor Pete yesterday what he did in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, we're dipping way back.
Speaker 1: And now Mayor Pete has migrated to Michigan where he wants to run for the Senate. Right, he's going to be based on his achievements and you know things.
Speaker 4: So the headline around the flying thing, just the brief headline is.
Speaker 2: Lots of acknowledgment that.
Speaker 4: Reagan Airport, like every airport in the country, has like half as many air traffic controllers as they're supposed to, including the night of the crash, and right leaning media is willing to say, is that because di I and left leaning media is pretending.
Speaker 2: I wonder why that is. So that's kind of where we are today.
Speaker 4: But before we get to more of that, here's a former black Hawk pilot yesterday laying out on CNN a few things that they think went wrong that caused the crash.
Speaker 5: So three is a minimum crew for a black Hawk helicopter in my opinion, when you're going into visual flight mode in a crowded airspace like this, it should be a minimum of four, so you have a pilot on each side for visibility. Whether they were on night vision goggles at that time or not. It is a very cluttered airspace with a lot of lighting and the lights reflecting on the river, and so with that it's easy to kind of get a little disoriented. As far as the hype, they were supposed to be at two hundred feet, but they were not. Reportedly, the incident happened around three hundred and fifty to four hundred feet. As the airliner was descending. They were at the wrong height, so that's a pilot error. The first would be a policy error. Air traffic control said, do you have the CRJ in sight? Well, there were two aircraft in their field of view, and actually only one was really obvious to them, and that was the If you watch the video, the aircraft taking off in the foreground is probably the one they were facing. The pilots were facing and said, yeah, I got it. Air Traffic control should have said do you have the aircraft at five o'clock, so they were looking at the rear. If they had done that, the black Hawk is maneuverable. The black Hawk could have moved out of the way quickly. They can move on a dime and make that happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've seen there was go ahead.
Speaker 4: If you've seen that new video that came out, that helicopters flying for a long time straight toward the plane, and as that woman just went out there, they were looking at a different plane. When you see the plane, oh yeah, I see it, they were looking at a different one. And a couple other factors.
Speaker 1: There was quite literally half the number of air traffic controllers there usually is that time of night, there was one instead of two that are supposed to be, one dealing with helicopters, one with planes. But for some reason, the supervisor let somebody go home early. Second thing that I learned yesterday, and it's funny. I learned this quite early in the day from an associate who is ex military, and he announced to me with great certainty that innition. I wasn't sure where he got it, but that these were VIP pilots whose job is to ferry VIPs back and forth from the Pentagon to the local air base and.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: They have to have a certain number of minimum night flying hours to stay certified, and that was the training mission. It was VIP pilots getting their night flying in so they could stay certified. It seems insane to me that you would do that in one of the most crowded airspaces on Earth and most protected. But you know, I'm sure that policy will be looked into.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: This may not have contributed to it, but if anything comes out of this crash, the why do we have half as many air traffic controllers as we're supposed to. Let's get to the bottom of that, and if it turns out that a lawsuit from last year by one thousand people joining together saying they applied for the job but got turned down because of race. If it turns out it wasn't going to look enough, it wasn't gonna look enough like the rainbow up there in the control tower, so we turned these people down, that's a big problem.
Speaker 2: I believe that is exactly true.
Speaker 1: News Nation with a story where a former Aviation FAA official said diversity has nothing to do with hiring in air traffic controlling and it had nothing to do with the crash. And let's see, we hire a lot of people, but it's all about merit.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, you have this from an independent journalist who mentions that the air traffic control lapse is categorized as significant are up sixty five percent in just over a year.
Speaker 2: What has gone wrong? Allow me to explain.
Speaker 1: Then he goes into the statistics the number of significant air traffic control lapses its rise. Just take my word for it. I don't want to get bogged down in the statistics. But previously, the FAA's CTI program, that's their certification program, essentially worked with thirty six colleges to educate future air traffic controllers. These colleges offer two and four year degrees requiring courses in air traffic control and aviation administration. It also employed a rigorous skills test. The graduates of these programs became qualified candidates for training as air traffic control specialists. The FAA gave hiring preferences to veterans, those with the ATCTI program degrees, references from administrators and high test scores. Now those programs still exist, but as we'll see, he writes, other selection criteria.
Speaker 2: Have been introduced in order to promote diversity.
Speaker 1: In twenty thirteen, Obama appointed Michael Huerta to the position of FAA Administrator, where to criticize the existing standards on the grounds that they did not promote diversity. He announced plans to, and this is a quote, transform the FAA into a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects, understands, and relates to the diverse customers. In other words, the FBA was the FAA was hiring too many white guys, and you'll never guess what the proposed solution was. Holding your breath. In twenty thirteen, President Barack Obama appointed. They reset what I just said. He announced plans. Okay, I'm sorry, he just restates it with different type. Under Huerta, the FAA stopped prioritizing CTI graduates and introduced a behavioral questionnaire. When this happened, a pool of three thousand qualified candidates, most of them CTI grads who passed the skills test, were purged. Three thousand graduated this test that the training program were fully qualified and were told sit down, you're not going to get hired.
Speaker 4: Boy, would that be maddening in addition to its dangers for us all? But how maddening would that be? You're qualified, you took the school all of a sudden, a change in the political weather, and you gotta find a new career.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know multiple people in multiple industries who were told, point blank, Jim, you're gonna have to wait another year. We're getting real pressure on the diversity front.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So this behavioral questionnaire under Huerta, this new program, the BQ will call it.
Speaker 2: It's ambiguous for a reason.
Speaker 1: Its purpose is to select for diverse applicants as where to said questions include the number of high school sports I participated in was how would you describe your ideal job?
Speaker 2: What has been the major cause of your failures?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 1: Why would you ever ask that? Would more classmates remember me as humble or dominant?
Speaker 2: Stuff like that?
Speaker 4: It's harmless, I'm sure, but it just might be harmless. But what's it accomplish? Do you have the training to be an air traffic controller? Are you sober? Here's your job to make things worse.
Speaker 1: The BQ actually gives more points to applicants who answered that they have not been employed in the previous three years than it does to those who respond that they've been a pilot or a veteran with air traffic control experience complete insanity.
Speaker 2: That's an equity thing.
Speaker 1: I've been out of work for three years. I was an air traffic control specialist in the Air Force. Out of work, guy, you get the job, sweet mother of God.
Speaker 4: Because we believe in equity, We're going to try to balance out the world. Because we're so cor so smart, we can figure out how.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: In twenty fifteen, Peter Kersonow, then a member of the US Commission on Civil Rights, wrote a letter to the FAA. He accused the FAA of diluting its quote objective standards of evaluating competence because it didn't like the racial and gender composition of its ATC applicant. Pool A says it's particularly odd that the FAA would change its selection procedures when its own studies found that the ATSAT score was the only piece of biodata other than age, that was a useful predictor of whether an individual would successfully complete air traf controller training. In other words, ju jettison the only thing that was a significant standard. Later in twenty fifteen, lawsuit was filed on behalf of the more than three thousand qualified applicants rejected by the FAA. Jack has mentioned that an attorney for the PLANEFF said, we have a statement from a leading FAA official that they made this decision in order to increase diversity the BQ. That questionnaire was purportedly discontinued in twenty eighteen thanks to Representative Randy Hultgron of Illinois, who introduced legislation to eliminate the questionnaire under the first Trump administration. However, a twenty nineteen class action lawsuit representing twenty five hundred aspiring air traffic controllers claims it still exists, much like the colleges are still using racial preferences for admission. They're just couching it in different language. The FAA found a way to do this the career bureaucrats, and then they go into some of the details behind the scenes of congressional actions that make clear that yes, they are continuing to do the BQ and use it actively.
Speaker 2: It's a little in the weeds.
Speaker 1: The FAAA is clearly focused on recruiting from quote underrepresented groups instead of finding the right person for the job. According to its DEI page, the FAS twenty two to twenty six goals included an emphasis on the importance of recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce. There's more detail. This goes on for some time. If anybody says, are you here, anybody say the FAA hires strictly on merit, they are lying to you. That is utterly dishonest. Remember, Marxists lie all the time. They don't expect you to call them on it. And this is a problem.
Speaker 4: Whether this is what caused the crash night before last or not.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, even if that was not a part of it at all, it's still patently insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, Uh.
Speaker 1: A friend was telling me a charming tale about a crazy mishap in his neighborhood and how it was caught on video and he was really glad it did. And I said, you know, that's great. We endorse simply Save home security on the show and blah blah blah, and he.
Speaker 2: Said, that was it. It's simply safe.
Speaker 1: I love that system, honest to goodness. Had that the high death outdoor camera. Oh, it's fantastic, and right now fifty percent off your new system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I got the sign in front of my house saying that I've got the simply safe system in there. All it's the sensors and the cameras and all that sort of stuff, and no long term contract. If I decided I didn't want it, or there's something better out there, I could just end it today. That ain't the way it works with other home security systems. They lock in because they aren't as proud of their system or comfortable that you're going to like it. Sixty day satisfaction guarantee.
Speaker 2: Also in this.
Speaker 1: Out the active Guard outdoor protection that combines AI powered cameras with live professional monitoring agents is like the State of the art. It's unbelievably great, and monitoring plans start affordably. It's just a dollar a day. Holy cow. Start the year with greater peace of mind. Visit simply safe dot com. Slash Armstrong claimed fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan and your first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 4: So that poor crime Selena Gomez is in that trans movie that got the most Oscar nominations, and if you don't know the whole story around that, it is hilarious. It's really entertaining. So I hope you can stick around for that this hour.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong.
Speaker 6: So that Netflix just added a new button that lets you download an entire season of the show at once. Houses other rolling out a bunch of other new buttons to improve the user experience. This next button says fast forward past sex scene because.
Speaker 2: Watching with parents. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Next tip, This one says fast forward to sex scene because watching alone. This next one says auto replay every thirty seconds because got distracted by TikTok again. The one that says make separate profile from mom. So my algorithm isn't all Virgin River. This button says, fine, take money from my kids' college fund so I can avoid ads.
Speaker 2: And finally, this.
Speaker 6: Button says, for the love of God, skip all intros forever and stop asking me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Netflix is in trouble because they had a once in one hundred years thing happened, and there were really no streaming services during the nineteen eighteen pandemic. But when everybody was stuck at home and watching binge, watching all these shows, and they got like stars in their eyes and thought this was going to go on forever and it didn't. AnyWho, speaking of technology, so my son says yes to me. Yesterday when I pick him up in high school, he said, hey, have you downloaded the new Apple update because he's got the cheapest iPhone. I said, no, I have not, And he said, all the texting is so much better on this and he said, it guesses your words so much better. And I are always complaining about how you you know you text, or you were always complaining on the show you Know it. It will it will act like some of the words you're using are just unheard of, and fill it in with some strange words.
Speaker 2: Right, whatever is anyway that is better?
Speaker 4: But so so I downloaded the new thing that includes a I and one of the things it does now on the camera, you press the camera button and like you could walk up to any dog, press the camera button and then it will tell you what kind of dog that is, which is kind of cam or any animal, So you can do that with any animal or plant.
Speaker 2: And but like Sweena, I'm sorry, how what do you have to do?
Speaker 4: Just in the camera, just press the side button on it and just automatically comes up and then there's something down there at the bottom of button. AnyWho it tells you. So I did it first with pup Puppleig, go over to them, press the camera there, it says, pug. No, how handy you know, I alread knew it. But so Henry and I were having fun with that when we came back from eating. I gotta still have a pumpkin because it's wintertime, sitting out in front of my house house because it kind of has a fall look. Anyway, I walk up to it, I press the camera button, and it says A pumpkin, commonly associated with autumn, is often used for decorating or cooking to the fall season. It belongs to the squash family and is popular in pies and soups.
Speaker 2: Have that information.
Speaker 1: Boy, anybody walk in with me is going to get an ear Poe right right. You could go full Cliff Claven on him. Oh yeah, excuse, excuse the old reference. Yeah, the daisy a popular flower, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh God, can we just look at the daisies?
Speaker 4: But I was thinking, Man, if it can so quickly identify identify every plant and animal, obviously it's going to be identifying faces very soon. And everybody you walk by, it's gonna meet there's Joe, you know, or well Joe would be about example, it'd be there's Fred. You worked with Fred in nineteen ninety six. He has a wife and two kids or whatever. That is so quickly going to happen, for better or worse.
Speaker 1: I was at a social gathering just last night in which there were many interactions with people I run into once every six weeks, and my chance of like remembering names and biographical details of somebody I run into once every six.
Speaker 2: Weeks is practically nil.
Speaker 1: It's not that I don't want to remember it, I just lack the capacity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So starting in like a month, probably you're gonna be able to be at a party. You get out your phone, kind of hold it up where they can't see it, click the camera button. It gets Fred's face. It immediately goes to Fred's LinkedIn and Facebook page. You know, I don't know his wife, his kid's name, all the places he's worked, where he went to high school.
Speaker 1: Fred, how's the semi autographical novel coming along?
Speaker 2: How's work?
Speaker 4: Sure better than when you were over there at that other place from nineteen ninety two to nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Eight as vice president of sales.
Speaker 1: Huh they think you're a witch.
Speaker 2: That is going to happen though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Judy especially has enjoyed the apps where you can identify insects and plants and and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it's a little cumbersome to have to find it and open it.
Speaker 4: Have you dont know what the stars? Oh, that's those are amazing, amazing. You hold it up to the sky and it shows you all the what everything.
Speaker 2: Is so cool? Yep, bunch of planets lined up right now. Check it out. Look at the sky. It's beautiful. We got some fun oscar talk. You haven't seen Amelia Perez the movie.
Speaker 4: Nobody has even though It's been nominated for the second most oscars of any movie in motion picture history and is up for Best Picture, and according to Vulture magazine or website, it's currently the most likely movie to win Best Picture. Of course it is it stars a trans person. The Hollywood's not gonna give a trans movie Best Picture? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Currently twenty four on Rotten Tomatoes twenty four percent ranking, which is abusiness, Moal.
Speaker 2: You tried too hard with this one.
Speaker 1: Well, it's being hailed jack as the greatest most nakedly Oscar baby movie ever produced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they went too far, Like I said, Yeah, they dished a way over the top with it.
Speaker 1: But not only that. The real and this is let me depart for a second. This is the final fatal self beclownment of Hollywood, and I am more delighted than I can tell. Yeah, that's awesome anyway, So half of the story is that it is the most blatantly Oscar baby woke movie Hollywood has ever come up with. But the hilarious part is it's also terrible, but they've still rewarded it with the stunning number of nominations, including the first ever nomination for Best Actress for a trans woman.
Speaker 2: That's a dude. By the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna get me to watch the Oscars because I want to hate watch it. When they stand up there and give their acceptance speeches and everybody just standing ovations all over the place.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: Remember that one year the Super Bowl where all the ads were so woke and you got some little girl climbing over the border wall to get a Coca cola or what right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Charlie Cook of The National Review recently unleashed a screed that contained roughly these words. The idea that we should restructure our constitutional order because George Floyd died is a is it not a very compelling or argument anyway? But pop culture is more than willing.
Speaker 2: It's there.
Speaker 1: They're feverish to win the approval of their their lefty overlords. Anyway, where was I? So it is just nakedly Oscar bade. It's unwatchable, it's hilarious. It's bombed in Mexico. Here is the plot. Friends, Oh, oh, you know what I wanted to say. You were talking about? You want to watch the Oscars the Oscar night. Here's your drinking game. You have to take a shot every time someone utters the word brave, Oh good one about to have emt standing by, you gotta do a keg stand for every standing ovation.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be knee walking drunk. All right, So here's the deal.
Speaker 1: The movie, if you haven't heard this, or even if you have, is about a Mexican drug cartel head, an el Chapo type who is secretly a woman inside it becomes to be and longs to become transgender and.
Speaker 2: Has been tortured by it their entire lives, right.
Speaker 1: And his her girl boss Mexican lawyer who helps her achieve quote unquote her her true you know, calling as a crusading feminist Mexican drug cartel transgender person ho Ham another one of the hose come on, boy.
Speaker 2: Meets Girl place formula.
Speaker 1: Anyway, anyway, as if the coffin needed another nail.
Speaker 2: It's a freaking musical, that's right.
Speaker 1: And not only is it a musical, is it a foreign language film. It was made by French filmmakers in Spanish Mexican audience. Is one of the reasons poor little confused fame was the worst thing that could have happened to her.
Speaker 2: What's her face?
Speaker 4: Remember she had a meltdown. Earlier in the week, posted a video about kids being deported or something like that by the evil Trump administration, and she.
Speaker 2: Cried right exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh, anyway, she's she's she was born in Texas. She's of Mexican heritage, but doesn't really speak Spanish Spanish or didn't, and Mexican audiences were laughing at her Spanish. And there's some speculation that the crying jag was to to kind of regain her bona fides as an up with Mexicans person.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think she's a young woman with mental health health issues.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Having said that, so you get your transgender cartel boss, girl Boss, crusading feminist something or other musical And if the songs were any damn good, that might save it.
Speaker 2: But this is what it sounds like. Hello, very nice to meet.
Speaker 7: I'd like to know about sex change operation see I see, I see men two women, a woman, two men, men, two women from penis two vagina?
Speaker 2: Is it for you?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 7: What would you like to know about it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I want to know it all.
Speaker 8: What is the protocol, the techniques under risks?
Speaker 2: How many operations? How much I do you need.
Speaker 7: Mammo blasty, Yes, blasty, yes, pen no blessing lavino blasty, Yes, mammo blasty, adam reduction, Yes what that is?
Speaker 1: The Great Zoe Saldana, by the way, known for the Garden Guardians of the Galaxy movies. But and yes, I was doing the trump dance during the song to Yeah were You Off the.
Speaker 4: Day we played this, Katie, because we played this earlier in the week. It's hilarious. It's like it's a It's like it's a joke.
Speaker 2: That I was just gonna say.
Speaker 4: That sounds like something I would have heard on Family Guy. Yes, what sounds exactly like Family Guy. When Seth McFarlane mocks musicals by just basically, you know, talking.
Speaker 2: Through songs about what the what the plot is. I can't believe that's real.
Speaker 1: I know, getting back to the final fatal self decloinement of Hollywood, that song is impossible to parody. You cannot do an exaggerated version of its, of its ridiculousness and terribleness.
Speaker 4: Big of getting a sex change, do you know what that means? Yes, it's getting rid of my vagina and getting a penis. I mean kind of lyrics of those you give it an Oscar, Yes, second most nominations of any movie in movie history. In other words, it's one of the all time great pieces of cinematic art. It's just a coincidence that at this moment of trans hysteria this movie has come along, and that's just unbelievable, you know, Thank God, and this moment of.
Speaker 1: Great sympathy for drug cartel bosses as well.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I went to Hollywood and said I'd like to I'd like to finally kill your cultural influence, and Hollywood said, oh, we'll commit suicide.
Speaker 4: If I was at a less busy point of my life, I would go to that movie and sit through the whole thing, just for just to talk be able to talk about it on the radio.
Speaker 1: I will go if I can find it playing anywhere. God, but I've got to go incognito. I don't want to be seen in it.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you know this aspect of the whole Oscar thing. I didn't in late in life when I became aware of how Dog eat Dog vying for the awards it gets leading up to Oscars. They all take out ads and then try to knife each other to try to get the votes of the Academy and everything like that. So that star who is singing the song there, the trans star, the Amelia Perez star currently campaigning for an oscar, apologized yesterday after her islamophobic, anti Asian, and anti black former Twitter posts resurfaced. So somebody dug up some old stuff they could damage her with and got it out, and then she had to apologize yesterday, hoping not to lose the.
Speaker 2: Oh darn it, now we got a problem.
Speaker 4: Trent singing about a trans person but has islama? Oh big Twitter posts from the past. Oh, how do I vote as in an enlightened, woke member of the Academy.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: It just keeps getting better and better. That is a delightful development.
Speaker 7: What would delight to know about it?
Speaker 1: By the way, Zoe Saldana stars as the Girl Boss lawyer standing up for her transgender cartel crusading feminist transgender boss.
Speaker 2: Man, you went too far with your so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like when the hurt Locker came out in the midst of our wars and our conversations over wars, and it had a you know, a fair amount of America causes as many enemies as as friends you know, at least it was subtle enough.
Speaker 2: It was a good war movie.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were't hitting me over the head with it. But during the trend's discussion that's going on in America right now.
Speaker 2: To come out with this is just too much.
Speaker 1: I want this pacifics on what the the nominated newly minted quote unquote woman said about these various groups, I don't I don't want my uh. I hate when quotes are characterized, because then the characterizer is in charge of you know what I think about them. But the fact that the leading light, who is probably counting on standing ovations at the Oscars as tears streamed down their face for being so brave.
Speaker 2: Having this show up yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yah crap, that's right, I said some bad things about the Asians.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's it's great. The beast is eating itself. I mean, that's why I'm enjoying it so much.
Speaker 1: It's it's I went there to kill it and it's in the midst of self destruction.
Speaker 4: Has anybody actually seen this movie? If you have, and I doubt you have, but if you have, you could text us at four one, five, two, nine five kftc uh is that song nominated for Best It's got it.
Speaker 2: They have to have a song nominated for Best Song.
Speaker 4: There's no way you get the most Oscar nominations, second most ever without best song being in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Katie, can you look that up? That'd be great. But that song is hilarious. I mean I can't even wrap my head around it.
Speaker 7: Give us a little more, Michael Mamo, Prestine, yes, no, Prestie, yes, no, PSI yes.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: What I take from that song is that wait a minute, that many surgical interventions are required to make me who I really am. That does not make sense. Why did they decide to go with a cartel leader. I can't imagine asking me to crawl inside their crazy heads.
Speaker 2: I don't like it in here.
Speaker 4: Were they just trying to bring too many different things together? It's like the way back. If you remember the Sopranos, Christoph wanted to be a you know, a movie maker, and he makes a combine saw with the Godfather too. It seems kind of like that you're combining whatever, a cartel, some sort of immigration thing with the tram story and putting them together.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Jack, the way I interpret it is that a cartel boss would have to be so brave, so brave.
Speaker 2: All right. That's that's two.
Speaker 1: Shots to embrace their real transgender self in spite of the pressures given to a put upon them by Mexican society and their tough guy image. But it's important that you go ahead and have fifty surgeries if you feel like.
Speaker 4: A girl, yep, standing up to the macho culture. What do you know about this, Katie?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I actually pop back in because I need to know what I need to be looking.
Speaker 2: Up whatever for you guys?
Speaker 1: Whatever are the Oscar nominated best Songs? Other anything from this horror show are included.
Speaker 4: A speaking of being Woke, a not surprising development from the Ebram x Kendy Center for Anti Racist Research. If you haven't heard this, it's also delicious, Everything's going our way lately and other stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: I like to know racious. I see.
Speaker 4: Man WOCHUSM has had a rough couple of weeks basically since Trump got elected and certainly since he got inaugurated. We'll get into a variety of things that have occurred around that issue to kick off our three. If you don't get that, grab the podcast Armstrong.
Speaker 1: And Get You on Demand, Cannot Wait, and in a related story, follow up on the Oscar Bait transgender drug cartel movie musical Amelia Perez. Looking at rotten tomatoes, you want to recognize Oscar bait. Look at the difference between the critics poll and the audience polled the tomato meter, which is critics seventy four percent positive. That's that's pretty good. The popcorn meter actual movie viewers nineteen percent.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: From Renegade Autour, Jacques Audiard comes Amelia for as an auditious fever dream that defies genres and expectations. I do like artsy movies, but through liberating songs and dance and bold visuals. Liberating wasn't the word that came to mind when we listened to that last song. This odyssey follows the journey of four remarkable women in Mexico, each pursuing their own happiness. The fearsome cartel leader Amelia, and let's Riata, an unappreciated lawyer stuck in a dead end job to help her fake her death so that Amelia can finally live authentically as her true self.
Speaker 2: There you go. No, I love art movies.
Speaker 4: Last Year's Winter I saw on one of my favorite movies ever, the everything all at once, all the time, whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: You can't get much more ARTI than that movie that is not a mainstream film.
Speaker 2: You got some force, Katie.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, just to let you know if you don't want to be seen going into her out of the theater.
Speaker 2: This gem is on Netflix. Oh you can watch it at home. Okay. Oh yeah, that's better. That is good to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be sure to draw my drape. This story is getting a lot of attention. We haven't commented on it yet.
Speaker 8: The President today also moving to create a migrant facility at Guantanamo that can hold thirty thousand.
Speaker 2: This is not the camps.
Speaker 5: You're not putting criminals in camps where isis and other criminals there's This is a temporary transit to humanely move illegals out of our country.
Speaker 8: The president's memo says the space at Guantanamo US Naval base should go to high priority criminal aliens. DHS Secretary Christy Nome described it as a site for the worst of the worst. The Cuban president criticized this decision, calling it an act of brutality in an illegally occupied territory.
Speaker 4: Shut up, you COMI so so obviously it was an opportunity for mainstream media, who's completely out of touch with Americans feelings on this topic. I'll say, for the one thousandth time, eighty five percent of Americans want criminal illegals booted out. Anyway, the media pretending and now we're treating them like terrorists by putting them in Getmo. Well, you gotta put them somewhere until we can get them to their own countries.
Speaker 1: It's a spit of land, all right, it's a place.
Speaker 4: Ian Bremer, who I think was trying to make a point with this, tweeted out some reiters numbers cost of a one way first class ticket on American airlines from Texas to Guatemala around eight hundred bucks. Cost to fly the same migrant on military deportation flights almost five thousand dollars per Well, the problem would be, I don't think you can take known child rapists and put them on a United flight with a ticket and uh and and just send them to wherever they're going and say sorry passengers for making you sit next to a known child rapist.
Speaker 2: Well, at the very least make them fly coach right, Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Well, how come I got it stand in line for the regular time bathroom and child rapist up there, it gets the first class bathroom.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem right anyway.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say any sort of they're treating them like terrorists. They're bringing them to the same place as al kinda is the analysis of idiots. And we don't have time for you people anymore. I just wanted to subject to the scrutiny that all government actions should be. Is this the best most cost effective solution?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: If it's just grand standing, then it's dumb, And it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 4: And the fact that you know you're gonna have to break some eggs to make this omelet in all kinds of different ways, expense or people getting caught up who don't deserve it, or all kinds of different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we laid the groundwork for a really big mess to clean up.
Speaker 2: And you either clean up the mess you don't.
Speaker 4: But if you clean up this mess, and it is a mess, there's gonna be a lot of unfortunate things happen.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't allowed it in the first place. Is the whole thing. If you create a disaster. It's going to be disastrous. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. We'll try to make it as non disastrous as possible, but it's gonna be nasty.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 4: We've got some good stuff to kick off our three Bad News from Ibram x Kendy which I hate to see that happen, but I hope you can catch our three. If not, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty