Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 1: Stamp as we sit here and watch Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Destroyedles on Sunday. That makes for a victory Monday. Here inside the SWBC podcast studio, Bill Jones with Mickey Spagnola, Everson Walls has already called in. In fact, he called in on Friday. I think, yes, I think he's sick for Monday. Not sick, but he's got other things he has to do today. We're hoping natean.
Speaker 3: Frisco comes are running here in just a second.
Speaker 4: But in the meantime, I bet we can find enough to talk about.
Speaker 1: It's a victory Monday because the Eagles lost. Although we now need to turn our attention a little bit towards the commanders as well, in that nfcas too are sitting all alone atop the division right now, just the way you projected, exactly right and Jayden Daniels is on an MVP pat not a Rookie of the Year path, but an MVP path right now. And there's breaking news even after we signed off on Friday, although we suspected it would happen. From on the injury front with the Cowboys, there's injury news as far as this week's opponent, the Steelers are concerned, who are no longer unbeaten because of what the Indianapolis Colts did to them today they are is so much to get to on a reset Monday after a mini by weekend.
Speaker 5: So is this like a seventy two hour rule now something like that? We played the song after hours after Thursday, and we did play it on Friday, right right, So that's right now we reset for the week, and there's a lot of resetting to do. Is this is a workday here at the Star in Frisco for the Cowboys players and coaches. Well, they have paid a high price for that victory on Thursday, with the two injuries that we knew they suffered to Michaeh. Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence, and I think over the weekend brought some clarity on just what those injuries are, and it looks like the Cowboys defensive end positions gonna get depleted for at least one to two weeks, if not more. And that's the last thing they needed to have happened.
Speaker 4: MICHAEH.
Speaker 5: Parsons with a high ankle sprain and those things you know that. I think Stephen Jones on Friday called it week to week, and they hadn't given up for this week. But if it is indeed a high ankle sprain, depending on the severity, I would imagine at least one week, if not too knowing the history of high ankle sprains, And then from DeMarcus Lawrence, it was initially a mid foot spraying, and I think as reports have come out, it's a Lists Frank injury with the chance that he would miss four to eight weeks. And normally on those bill I think from history tells us the end part is usually the high, not the low. So if the Cowboys indeed end up putting him on injured reserve, that's at least four weeks that you would have to miss, and it's a pretty painful injury.
Speaker 1: So those are two words you do not want to hear. Liz Frank, Yes, do you know who that's name is. No, I do not, but I'm about to find out. I've got some his searches done. Here Doctor Jacques Liss Frank D. S. Martine sounds like a Frenchman, was.
Speaker 4: A French doctor.
Speaker 5: And during the Nopoly Napoleonic wards, okay, the cavalry guys were suffering this injury, and he discovered it was a high foot sprain to the bones on the top of your foot that was caused to the soldiers that were in the cavalry for their foots being in the horse stir.
Speaker 4: And the pressure hanging on.
Speaker 1: I thought they had some It was only affecting those who were rushing the quarterback. Well, they weren't rushing the quarterback then, they were rushing the enemy and trying to stay up on their horses, and they kept fracturing bones on the top of their foot.
Speaker 5: So he discovered this. So they named the injury after.
Speaker 1: Him, so the list Frank. So the injury is the top of the foot exactly. Okay, even though we're taping the bottom of the foot.
Speaker 5: Now that's for the other injury that you tear at the bottom of your foot, right, But on.
Speaker 1: This side they were taping the bottom of the probably wrapping up. It appeared the way at his foot there it looked like, okay, that looks like an arch problem. But it was the top of the foot instead of Liz Frank, that's what the injury.
Speaker 3: That was a Liz Frank. What did Jordan Lewis have?
Speaker 4: Similar?
Speaker 5: But he had a surgically repaired broken or fractured bones and so they.
Speaker 3: Had to do so try to remember was that a list Frank?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it was like the most severe because not only I think if I remember correctly, did he have fractured bones, he also had some torn ligaments uh in there also, so uh it doesn't sound like they're doing surgery on tank.
Speaker 4: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 5: But again, you know four weeks that takes you, what up until the San Francisco game. You got Pittsburgh this week, Detroit the bye, and then another week before you play San Francisco, and that would be the least amount of time.
Speaker 4: It looks like he'd be out.
Speaker 1: If it's taken eight weeks and you're taking it to thanks Thanksgiving, right, I mean, because you look at the schedule for the Cowboys. Now we've been talking about the next six games well, we need to include the next seven games now because Washington is that seventh game. Yes, where you've got at Pittsburgh this week, at home against Detroit the bye week, and then at San Francisco, at Atlanta, home against Philadelphia, home against.
Speaker 3: Houston at Washington.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do have it memorized because it is the most perilous stretch of the season for this team, and they're hitting.
Speaker 5: It right now, especially with the Commander sitting there now at three and one after losing their opener. They've won three straight this past Sunday, beating the Cardinals forty two fourteen, and they've scored all already on twenty three drives.
Speaker 4: They went.
Speaker 5: Six of seven of seven when they beat the Giants, they went six of six when they beat Cincinnati, and seven of nine possessions they scored against the Cardinals. So they're scoring at least a field goal, if not a touchdown on all these drives over the first part of the season. On top of the rookie quarterback Jaden Daniels completing eighty two point one percent of his passes, highest ever for a quarterback in the first four games of a season, not first four for a rookie first for.
Speaker 4: Anybody for a season.
Speaker 5: So you know, these last three games, they've scored on twenty of twenty two full possessions. And I guess that's why dan Quinn decided to give Cliff Kingsbury the game ball on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're back in Arizona, yes, and so had a.
Speaker 4: Little bit to do with both guys, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cliff Kingsbury Bowl.
Speaker 1: And you know, but this NFL is so crazy, and it's a week to week proposition because all those numbers you're talking about with Jaden Daniels and he's doing great. We were saying the same things two weeks ago about Derek Carr and the New Orleans Saints, right, and they've turned around and they've lost two straight games, and against this Philadelphia team, the Baker Mayfield lit up yesterday. He couldn't do anything against them the week after he tore up the Cowboys. And by the way, which brings us to the Sunday night game this week Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Going into the weekend, the so called.
Speaker 1: Experts across the country were saying that Buffalo has the best team in the league, the most high powered offense in the league, and Baltimore was and the Dallas defense was just horrendous, and they were with night straight games of giving up so many yards rushing and Dallas turns it around against uh far inferior your Giants team in terms of running the football compared to the Ravens, but twenty four carries for twenty six yards. But back to Buffalo, they got thet they're the hottest team in the league. They go into Baltimore and they're basically trailing in the second quarter by as much as the Cowboys were against the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Too, and ended up giving giving up the exact same amount of rushing yards.
Speaker 4: Believe it that it was.
Speaker 1: Seventy four and Derrick Henry was at one ninety nine and they were trying their hardest to get him a two hundred yard game and to no avail, but they wind up losing thirty five to ten.
Speaker 5: And gave up an eighty nine yard touchdown run eighty seven eighty seven. Excuse me to a guy that's too about two forty.
Speaker 3: I don't know too, he's much more.
Speaker 1: He came into the league at two fifty, but he's also runs twenty two miles an hour, and he was running away from those DB's.
Speaker 3: That was the amazing party. They weren't catching up, by the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know this for sure, but that is the longest run in Raven's history. And I believe tied for second was the Lron McLain eighty two yarder in the final game at.
Speaker 3: Texas I think with Jamal Lewis.
Speaker 1: And in the top five was also Willis mcgahe's seventy seven yarder in that same game against the Cowboys in the last four minutes of that last game ever played at Texas Stadium. But I mean, Derrick Henry is just a freak of nature. And they talked about it in the Ravens Cowboys game, the diet that he is on and how well he is taking care of his body, and it shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And just to remind every says, well, why did the Cowboys sign him? Well, he signed a two year, sixteen million dollar deal with Baltimore nine million dollars guaranteed and the big cap hit is next year. The second year, I think it's ends up being eleven million. It's five million this year, so.
Speaker 3: It was I believe nine million guaranteed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the Cowboys were, you know, knowing there what they were going to have to do with Dak what they were going to have to do with Ceedee Lamb, and knowing that Micah was coming up, they were very hesitant to spend that much money on a twenty nine year old running back going on thirty. But maybe he's got the secret sauce because he doesn't seem like he's slowing down.
Speaker 1: Okay, so back to the lead story with the Cowboys as they're back here after their long weekend and what to do about the edge rusher situation?
Speaker 3: Well, what to do about him? By the way, uh, locker room Joe, twelve forty five. Yes, you want to break early right to get in there at least.
Speaker 4: By twelve forty five.
Speaker 3: Maybe we will take our extra five into the locker room.
Speaker 1: And then McCarthy is at three point thirty coordinators coordinators after that, which will be our first time in a couple of weeks to talk to the coordinators because of the short week last week.
Speaker 4: Right, so they're gonna.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: I mean, who are the names that popped mind?
Speaker 4: Marshawn?
Speaker 5: Start with Kneelan, your second round draft choice. I'm sure he's starting at one of the defensive end spots.
Speaker 1: And when they drafted Marshawn Neelan the way I looked at that, he is the heir apparent to DeMarcus Lawrence right.
Speaker 3: Over the next several years.
Speaker 4: And he's playing.
Speaker 3: That would be next year before he would.
Speaker 4: Be the start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he has played the most snaps of any of the guys we're getting ready to talk about. He's had one hundred and eight snaps so far. He's got nine tackles. I believe that's right. A couple let's see five quarterback hits, a tackle for a loss in this last game.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: And he had thirty six snaps.
Speaker 1: In this past game, which part of that is because Lawrence went out, so that increased his snaps at the end of the game. But he also had forty four snaps in the season opener at Cleveland. In between just eighteen against the Saints and ten against Baltimore.
Speaker 5: So he's immediately a starter. And if you remember, he was one of the stories in training camp on how well he played.
Speaker 4: As a rookie.
Speaker 5: And then after that, well, here are the names. Carl Lawson.
Speaker 1: He's the next guy that came to mind from me that they need Carl Lawson to step up, right with the absence of Mike. I look at Nielan as quote unquote the next man up, Roy Lawrence Lawson, the next man up for Parsons.
Speaker 5: And Lawson has is on the practice squad. Still technically we're assuming that Lawrence is going on injured reserve, which that means he's out at least four weeks. Lawson has been elevated the last two games off the practice squad, so he's got one elevation left, and I would imagine they will judge his performance if indeed they put him on the fifty three man roster after this Pittsburgh game.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I don't know Lawson had twenty two snaps in the game on Thursday against the Giants. I was looking at Carlos Watkins, who had carl Lawson had twenty taps.
Speaker 5: So in these two activations he's got thirty snaps.
Speaker 4: Now here's the him.
Speaker 5: You know, he first came here and initially they didn't like what they saw or heard and they let him go. And then when they had the injury to Sam Williams, which is another guy at that position, so your top three defensive ends going into the season are now no longer available for several weeks. It looks like then they brought laws and back put him on the practice squad where he remained to get ready since he hadn't been with anybody in training camp, and then he's been called up these last two games. But if you look at his history, and it's kind of weird because last year when he signed a contract, well in twenty twenty two, he signed with the Jets, he played seventeen games and had seven sacks. Last year, he only played six games with the Jets and only had five tackles, and they released him and nobody touched him during the offseason until the Cowboys signed him to the practice squad. So they desperately need twenty twenty two version of Carl Lawson because at least he's played in the league. Right after that, it's Chauncey Golston who's been kind of a career backup. And Chauncey started training camp off as a defensive tackle. They had moved him inside and now they've moved him back to defensive end. He had twenty five snaps in the game, and so we'll see just how much he can do. So between those three guys, that's sort of what they have bill at defensive end.
Speaker 1: I think you're looking at practice squads around the league, yes, and looking to poach somebody.
Speaker 3: We can't get into names.
Speaker 1: I've got someone in mind myself, but I'm not going to say it on the air because we are able to talk about other players. Write down here for a secret. I will let you know, and I will let you know if it doesn't happen. Who who I had in mind?
Speaker 5: Because they don't have any other defensive ends on their own practice squad. Some I heard somebody suggest that they could move like a defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: You know, you know Tyros Wheat who has been games. I got to mention it. It was inactive for the game of the day. But he is he's another guy.
Speaker 4: That will He's a body and he's not He's.
Speaker 1: A second year guy. They've had here, you know now for you know, in his second year to where he's gonna he falls into that next man up category.
Speaker 4: He's active.
Speaker 5: He was active the first two games and then inactive game day. He's got thirteen snaps so far this season, two tackles. So yeah, that's the other name. From a depth standpoint, Uh, you know you you kind of got to I mean, it's like you've got to keep at least those four guys active for the game at this point.
Speaker 4: But again, it's just the same.
Speaker 1: And even if Parsons is able to go against Pittsburgh or gives it a shot against.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh, you have to be.
Speaker 1: Fortified with depth there because you don't know once he gets out there and really pushes.
Speaker 3: It, what what he's able to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you would need losson and uh, we active for sure.
Speaker 1: And but you did mention Chauncey Goldston as a guy who's going to really get increased opportunities here too, all those guys on the on the defensive line, and and by the way, when you look at how the defensive line played against the Giants, and in particular the way Mozzie Smith played against the Giants, that was a real sign of encouragement for this team going forward. If Mazzy can continue to play like he did against.
Speaker 5: The Giants, right, And I think Lynnville Joseph played better in that game. And again, these are guys that just weren't especially him, They wasn't in training camp.
Speaker 4: You know, no one had signed them.
Speaker 5: So the Cowboys, you know, we're doing their best to fortify that position. But it was with guys basically coming off their couch. So that's kind of the you know, as if you don't have enough problems, this added to it for paying a high price to win that game against the Giants.
Speaker 1: Okay, Steelers are having problems of their own coming off their loss to the Colts yesterday, injury problems in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: And we continue with more mix shots brought to you by Millert in just a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at the team hotel, attend.
Speaker 6: The best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Pruscott slides for the first.
Speaker 7: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Perthquickthrow My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with the football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great. Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset. We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine Legal Guy.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Responsibily, Milwaukee, wisconsinant Beer ninety six thousands to be point d grams cars for twelve bounces, Fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: Demiced shots.
Speaker 5: Come shop at the Star in Frisco on Saturday, September twenty eighth, from ten am to four pm at Flea Styles Market at the Star presented by Makerplace by Michaels, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, home decorps, jewelry and kids items. Market at the Star is always a favorite at mission is free. Visit stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's going to be an interesting week. Is the Cowboys play the Steelers this week? And we talk about the Cowboys' injury concerns. Well, in Pittsburgh, they've got a whole bunch of injury concerns themselves, and especially on their offensive line where word comes this morning James Daniels, offensive guard out for the year torn achilles.
Speaker 4: Toarnicchilles yesterday's game.
Speaker 1: They already were missing Isaac Salmalo, who was projected to miss a month with a strained peck. So they've got two backups that will be projected to start an offensive guard for them against.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 5: I think I saw was a rookie draft choice fourth round. I think it was their fourth round pick, and they had a seventh round pick also that they were and they had already lost their center, Nate Herbig with a torn rate rotator cuff.
Speaker 3: He's out for the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so everybody's got problems.
Speaker 1: Now. They do have Zach Frasier, who's the second round draft pick starting center for them out of West Virginia.
Speaker 3: A lot of people liked him and.
Speaker 1: Projected him perhaps to the Cowboys in the draft in the if they had taken the center in the second round of the draft, although he went before the Cowboys picked in the second round. But yeah, I mean, every team's got issues. And the guard that you're talking about is Mason McCormick, who has been starting for them with sal Malow out. Actually he got twenty five snaps last week and then out of South Dakota State. He was a fourth round draft pick. And Spencer Anderson is the seventh round draft pick from last year who actually started the first two games of the year, so he was the guy that was filling in for sal Malo.
Speaker 5: So Salamlo comes back, then McCormick could play the Daniel's position, then.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, or actually maybe that Spencer Anderson would be the yeah yeah, But anyway, regardless, they've got issues and how they do rushing the football. Yesterday, well, Najie Harris had thirteen carries for nineteen yards against Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Now he did have three catches for fifty four yards.
Speaker 1: Right, they fell behind seventeen nothing to the Colts and then they came back. Justin Fields has actually been playing pretty well for them. And of course Russell Wilson, who was the guy that was projected to be their starting quarterback after coming over after being with the Broncos, and they've got him on a veteran minimum deal because Broncos are still paying his big bucks. But Wilson's been out and so Field says it's been Field's job from the first.
Speaker 3: Game this season, and he's actually very well rushier. You know what.
Speaker 1: He has if I can read my writing.
Speaker 4: Here as the leading rusher of this past game.
Speaker 3: Ten carrier.
Speaker 1: Let's see against Indy he had ten carries for fifty five yards yesterday, two touchdowns, sacked four times, and passed for three hundred and twelve yards. Wow, yep, twenty two out of thirty four with a touchdown, no picks. That's the big thing is he hasn't been turning the football.
Speaker 4: So I wonder do they stay with.
Speaker 3: Them when Wilson is ready?
Speaker 1: Well, they were staying with him as they were winning games, and they were three and zero before yesterday. Now they lost a game, but he played well in the game, and so I meant had a chance to go back and watch the game to see exactly if the but look at the stats, he played well yesterday. So I fully anticipate that fields should be starting for them this week.
Speaker 5: They've beaten Atlanta, Denver and the Chargers and then they lose to Indy with Joe Flacco's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they probably had a better chance with Joe Flacco. I mean at a worse chance with Joe Flacco quarterback in the Colts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so boy Richardson just can't stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 4: Well he better quit run it.
Speaker 5: He's not built like these other quarterbacks that are running the ball like Hurtz by the way, Who's going to put himself in some trouble if they keep running him as much?
Speaker 1: So how did you spend your Sunday? Did you watch these games?
Speaker 4: I watched the noon game?
Speaker 1: And then which which noon game? Did you watch both of them?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Eagles Tampa Bay and the Minnesota's playing Green Minnesota?
Speaker 1: And I think that's that's the games we got over the air here, and.
Speaker 5: I think did both games get off to like twenty eight to nothing starts?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right yep, and Tampa Bay kind of stayed that way, but the Packers came back.
Speaker 5: On the Vikings, yeah, and made it close. And then I monitored the first part of the night game and watched the.
Speaker 4: Rest of it.
Speaker 3: Did you watch the Kansas City game?
Speaker 5: I was only monitoring I think highlights of that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're talking about the run game with the Cowboys and so forth, and with just in general, you look around the league, you would see what Baltimore's doing running the football.
Speaker 3: Of course, they're built that way.
Speaker 1: But even the Kansas City Chiefs when it came down it's a ten game in the fourth quarter and just underscores the even with Patrick Mahomes at quarterback. For you. Now, they lost their leading receiver Roushi Rice to what appears to be a season ending eight ACL injury, and he had been going off for them the first couple of last couple of games. They had to run the football. They wore down the Chargers, who were missing Joey Bosa and Derwin James on defense, but it was there and they're depleted at running back. They've got Kareem Hunt running the football because they've lost but check go had Kareem Hunt primarily and then some I JP Ryan got the go ahead touchdown. But they had one drive where they started deeping their own to the field and by running the football an occasional passy. It was a fifty yard drive or whatever, and then they were to flip the field on the Chargers.
Speaker 3: And then the next.
Speaker 1: Drive basically same stuff where they were able to punch it in for the go ahead score and then they had to finish them off at the end but your ability to be able to run the football to win football games is something that I don't know if the Cowboys are ever going to get there with what they're got in the run game right now, what they've got on the offensive line, but it's necessary to win these close games. In Kansas City was a great proof of it yesterday, even with the best quarterback in the game.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad you mentioned the offensive line because when I see, and I continue to say this week to week when I watch these other games, these running backs have got huge holes to run through and I just don't see that that often with this Cowboys running game. And I don't know if how that they're designed the blocks or how the plays are scripted, but I just don't see that many open spaces.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: It was better against the Giants. I thought rico'dodell I had a couple carries there that were there was room to run. But for the most part, it's it's just not there. Uh and and and it's not all on the two rookies that are that are starting guiding Cooper Bebee. I think it was across the the board. They're just not run blocking that well. To give those guys an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Let me give you an idea on this Chiefs game. I've got their play by play up here, and it just shows you how you've got to establish this run game in order to have success throwing the football too.
Speaker 3: This is winning football. Okay.
Speaker 1: It's a ten to ten game. Fourth quarter, and the Chiefs started off at their own three yard line.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Kareem Hunt for six yards, Kareem Hunt for and he just got here this week, right, Kareem Hunt for six yards, Kareem Hunt for seven yards, Kareem Hunt for five yards. P Ryan for two yards, so they've dug out of the hole. They're only at the twenty three yard line. Mahomes scrambles for thirteen out to the thirty six. Kareem Hunt for six yards, and then an incomplete pass and then a pass to Kelsey and they wind up having to.
Speaker 3: Punt the football away. Okay.
Speaker 1: They get a stop, a three and out, okay, and then they get the ball back. And this was their touchdown drive which they had flipped the field. They're starting at their own forty yard line now, and they start okay, because they run the football so well. They start with a twenty nine yard pass to Noah Gray a tight end and then it's Hunt for nine, Hunt for five, short pass to Hunt for nine, an incomplete pass, and then p Ran a touchdown two yard run. But you're talking eighty percent of their plays are run plays. And then they get the ball back at the end of the game and it's a one score game. They get it at their own four yard line. Again, the game's not over. They got to get a first down to end this thing. And Hunt goes for four. Hunt goes for no gain, and then they threw a past to Worthy for sixteen yards and in the game.
Speaker 5: So they established that run game, that's right, And it's not so much who was running the ball, it was the fact that the offense produced a running game because Hunt was he wasn't with anybody, no training camp.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Look who's here.
Speaker 1: Nate and Frisco. And this is just the perfect time for Naden Frisco to join the show because we're talking about the importance of an offensive line, what the Chiefs did in their game against the Chargers yesterday, and Naden Frisco, we're gonna let you get hooked up and we're gonna come back and finish the show.
Speaker 3: With you when mix Shots continues in just a moment.
Speaker 9: Mickey Shots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 4: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 8: Crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You wincot slides with a first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: To mixed shouts.
Speaker 5: By the way, Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including.
Speaker 4: A trip to Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 5: Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash Fan of the Year, and go Cowboys.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: Natan Frisco has joined us, these six time Pro Bowl offensive lineman for your Dallas Cowboys, and we were just having me talking offensive line and the need for the offensive line to kind of set the tone for things on this offense. What are you seeing out of this offensive line now? Coming out of that Giant s game.
Speaker 9: The thing about this offensive line is it's a battling, hard, fighting offensive line. And I yes, I left tackling, struggling, but the other guys are holding up and so they're getting through this. The run game was a little bit better. There was a few holes this game. Uh, we don't know how bad the Giants are or how good we are, but we won the game, and our offensive line was a part of that win. And it was ugly for I left tackle. Yes, it was truly ugly. He has to learn that it's better to run guys around the horn than it is to let them come inside. I said, since training camp, technique technique technique, believing those long arms. He's not as strong as he will be after a full off season. He will still keep his keep his feet, He'll firm him up, he'll get tougher. But as long as he don't give up and continue to battle, my hat's off to him. And I just believe that this year it's a soft it's a soft rebual. You're trying to rebuild while maintaining some type of stability. But far as the offensive line, they played, okay. Uh, I give this whole team probably about a C plus a B, with Dak being an A. You know, with Dak being the only A that I'm giving up at this point.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 9: But the rest of the team seemed to be holding in there, in there battling.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: They're a rat way I thought they would be. I mean, every week, I'm gonna pick them to win. I don't care. I'm just a cowboy fan. I've been a home all my life. But the reality is the Cowboys are gonna have been a great fight this week, and we're gonna be missing some star players, and our offensive line can take another step to being a little bit better playing as a unit.
Speaker 4: Where you're happy with bbi's play.
Speaker 9: I was okay with it. I make for me to say that I went back and just studied him a lot of times. My first inclination of a guy are the offensive line as a whole. It's probably okay, And I think bb did what he had to do, because understand me. If he didn't, I promise you, seventy nine Dexter Lawrence would have exposed them. I promise you. This is a this is a man full of grown and then some so by him and the two guys, the left guard and right guard, they handled their business. I mean, we're looking for the one hundred yard Russia, the two hundred yard Russia, and Henry, could you just be an active so our fans can quit smogling over you, including me. Just go away, Henry.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh, Henry.
Speaker 9: Every time he rushed for more than one hundred yards. I listen to every show, and I'm okay with the Cowboys. But no, you're not okay with the cowboy Henry. Could you go away your nightmare?
Speaker 4: He was a nightmare in that game, right, Yes you were.
Speaker 9: I just I enjoyed the weekend. I listened to the I'm a red zone guy, not a fantasy guy, but I'm a red zone guy because they keep your breast. Whoever that guy is, he's very good at what he does, keeping you popping around the league and keeping you up to dating. So but that game last night, it just proved one thing. Nobody is invincible. The Bills, even Kansas City is fighting. When you have a Mahomes, it's just special. That's all I'm gonna tell you. It's just special.
Speaker 3: That's what I was just talking about when you came in here.
Speaker 1: Is even though they have mahomes, what won the game for them is they were able to run the football in the fourth quarter of that game against the Chargers.
Speaker 9: Yes, he made enough big plays early to sustain them. The thing that this team has to develop and it has to build into their culture I'm talking about the Dallas Cowboys, is we have to have a tough, a tougher mentality. That's the only thing that has kept us out of the NFC championship game. It's that tougher mentality. We have talent, we have coaches that can put the talent into proper places, but are you dog mean mad enough to just take it when it comes down because the schemes by the fourth quarter everybody, know, everybody, it ain't like you coming up with something new, you know, like Uyi tittling finna make something happen. Come on, man, you are you just gonna go out there, you know, grab it man, you know, you know, like Jimmy said, grab them by the you know. But hey, we got to learn to do that.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know.
Speaker 5: And that's one of the reasons why those teams that got off to those fast starts on Sunday, Yes, couldn't sustain it because they were still having to throw the ball. Yes, they weren't running the ball well, yes, and that allowed Green Bay to get back in that game. So yeah, it's, uh, you need that part of the game. And it's not all based on the running back.
Speaker 9: It's the more this league tried to run away from the running game. What everybody has to do now are the smart coaches are doing these first four to six games. They're trying to keep it close with their running game. They're trying to maintain some stability, some balance to not let this other team get away from them. And if you're watching the Ravens game, how they have been letting people back in the game. But they say, you know what, they took their run game up another notch, so it didn't allow the team the other team to get back in the game because they just kept it. They ran the errors. But we'd like to say, run the air out of the ball. Our offensive line, I think is getting better.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 9: They're not technique sound now. Our two guards are. But our two guards don't look as good as they normally look because the players around them are not as good. If you take our guard, right guard and left guard and plug them in with the forty nine ers, they would be unstoppable. And so people be like, what, yeah, you plug our left guard and our right guard into the forty nine ers and in the forty nine ers of being invincible. And I believe that with all my heart. It's who you're it's who you're around. Like Magic Johnson, the Lakers were Kareem Worthy, uh Norm Knicks. These guys were already there. But when Magic came, oh, now you're talking about a whole different story, and I ain't gonna bring up to Washington com I'm not gonna do that because that kid. I asked everybody around here. I gotta ask y'all, what do you think about this kid from Washington. Don't give me all this and all, what do you think about that kid? The kid from Washington.
Speaker 5: He's playing the best football of his life. And this is better than winning the Heisman last year?
Speaker 4: Atsu. I think he took another step, yes, sir, from where he was in college.
Speaker 1: If I had the first pick in the draft, I would have taken Jaden.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you said that the other day.
Speaker 1: Nothing against Caleb William, Yes, but I would have taken Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 9: My thing is this right here, I'm asking people around the building and they keep telling me what he got this and he got that. Hey, y'all, he come from LSU. It's a world of talent down there. People misjudge Louisiana. I don't. These kids are outstanding. This coach that they have maybe not a great people person, but if you listen to him, he can get.
Speaker 3: You ready for the next we'll talk about LSU. LSU's coach.
Speaker 9: You may not like him as a human being, and he may not always seem to be went in the right way like he you know, even at Notre Dame, he would kind of why did they lose things? But his kids seemed to be intelligent.
Speaker 1: And then right in the case of Jaye Daniels, before that he was at Arizona State.
Speaker 9: Yes, Irm Edwards, Yeah, thank you, stay homeble my brother man.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of college football, did you see Alabama and Georgia?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 9: Oh my god. I turned it off after the first fourteen you know what.
Speaker 1: I turned away because my wife's aid tech grad and so Texas Tech was playing.
Speaker 3: So I'm watching. She had the Tech game on. Okay, she had the.
Speaker 1: Big TV shit, and so I'm watching the Alabama Georgia iPad. And then it was twenty eight to nothing or whatever, and then it was even. It was Alabama kicked a field goal or something made it thirty three to fifteen. I said, okay, I'd done with And so I was sitting there, what the Tech game was close?
Speaker 3: I'm watching.
Speaker 1: So then I went and checked the score and there were three minutes left and it was thirty three to twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: Tech with this Tech game I flip.
Speaker 1: Over just in time to see the Georgia touchdown pass that gave them the lead on the first play of their possession and then the next play for Alabama. Do you know how old Ryan Williams is.
Speaker 4: The wide receiver for his eighth year of college?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the wide receiver. Oh for Alabama?
Speaker 4: I thought you were talking about the tight end.
Speaker 1: Seventeen years old. I think his first name is seventeen years old, right, because every time takes the ball, right, seventeen year old Ryan Williams, who might be the best receiver not only in college football.
Speaker 3: But in the NFL right now Saturday night.
Speaker 9: But what a game the NFL. I mean it is the baby NFL. But isn't it time to put a cap and get out kids? Back on? His twenty four years of age in college is all the time?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, as far as well, you know what this is COVID.
Speaker 5: This the last year of the extra year of extra years for COVID.
Speaker 4: But you're right, I'm so sad that he's grown me grown men.
Speaker 9: Yeah, twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty years old. Some kick a thirty two years old.
Speaker 1: Here's a kid that did not play his senior year of high school. He should be in high school right now. Instead he's tearing it up at Alabama.
Speaker 4: That's him.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: They all while I was listening earlier doing today. You know college game day? Is it a saving thing? Is it an Alabama thing? Hey, it must be Alabama.
Speaker 5: So I got I got a solution for you. You got to have two TVs going at once.
Speaker 3: We've done that before, my big one.
Speaker 5: I had LSU on because and then I was like, okay, they're gonna kill South within Obama.
Speaker 4: So then I switched. They got the small tier.
Speaker 1: The rules at our house, when my daughters and their husbands are over, we can bring the extra TV and we set it up there when it's just me there.
Speaker 3: No, I cannot bring the extra TV. Watched it five, didn't get control of my scene.
Speaker 4: Just go upstairs and put two TVs on.
Speaker 9: We got it go yeah yeah, yea. But I saw my I saw my my wife on the college game day, and sell your family on that. You gotta just turn you on your wall.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right?
Speaker 1: That does it for Mixed shots brought to you by Miller Like and we will talk at you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 9: Cowboys gotta Go.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.