Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, fifteen, Episode five of Dir Dalysi Guys production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive.
Speaker 1: Into America's share consciousness. And it is Friday, December first, twenty twenty three. We made a finally finally we're herere Man December December, Man from my December to remember.
Speaker 2: Guess what? Oh, shout out Lexus. It's National bartender Day. It's National Eater Red Apple Day. Oh Jack, you're doing that full for Friday. Shout out faux fur World, Aids Day, Rosa Parks Day, also National Pie Day and Antarctica Day.
Speaker 1: And by vocals, Henry Kissinger is fucking dead. I know it's the second day, Yeah, but you know happy Henry Kissinger is fucking dead day.
Speaker 2: D Day, Dead day plus one, D Day plus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah day plus one. And with your spirit. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien, aka what is this? I saw a dark spot on your front side. It wasn't p looking scared on all the rides. It wasn't pe claimed you went down the water slide. It wasn't Pee blamed it on your nephew, made him cry. It wasn't p That is Curtisy of Zach Vanus on Twitter. Twitter. That's Zach vans No.
Speaker 3: Formerly known as.
Speaker 1: In this House is we believe it is called Twitter, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grind ball looks like aod dude scrolled.
Speaker 1: Ball looks like ad dude.
Speaker 2: Scrolled Okay, shout out to me. Just speaking about again. I just blows my mind that this dude looked at a dinosaur bone. It was like, that's a guy's ball sack. That's a giants throw them form.
Speaker 1: That's a giant scrolled them.
Speaker 3: Bone looks like a dude sack scrow.
Speaker 1: Dude screw broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyway, what is there some confusion about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's.
Speaker 3: Grotastic, No, no, no, nothing. Now I have to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not even a thing. It's just like this.
Speaker 1: You know how a bone, the end of a bone has like two little ball knobby.
Speaker 2: Things, like a like a ball ball.
Speaker 1: And when before people knew what dinosaurs were, they found one of those that was giant and a.
Speaker 3: Oh look a giantically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an English English doctor looked at that and said that is a giant's scrot them. That's my best guess over here. And that was like that was where we were at, like shockingly recently, that's where we were at. You know.
Speaker 2: There was like some like woman who had been also studying anatomy who probably couldn't speak up because of horrible patriot. He's like, that's not a fucking exact man.
Speaker 3: She was like, yes, doctor, we'll have it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brilliant doctor.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's the other side of the scrotum? Like, it's just huge, giant is this is He's just they're just hanging, They're dragging on the grounds a bone.
Speaker 1: The end of it. It's such a misunderstanding of like how bones work, like scrot are what a scrot.
Speaker 3: I mean, imagine if you had like a hard scrotum like that like he did.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was telling himself, Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 2: He's like, what do you mean here, knock on my scrotum?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, anyway, Miles, who's that voice we keep hearing? We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant comedian, writer, journalist, activists you know from places like Al Jazeera, MSNBC, The Young Turks and from the podcast The Situation Room. It's Francesca Fe.
Speaker 3: Not your girlfriend, but your best friend, and here for friends giving. I fucked up my friends, but not your girlfriend, your best friend.
Speaker 2: Friends giving. Having us here on friends amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been way too long. I'm I'm a little upset. I've been on the show.
Speaker 1: And are you mad at us a little bit?
Speaker 3: When you're here, your.
Speaker 1: Family your family like any Bad Company or Olive Garden. When you're here, you're really we're we like to think of ourselves as a family. That's because we are going to predate on.
Speaker 2: You unlimited breadsticks and hot takes, and we call it uh Geistiano. M I don't you remember Hospitaliano. That was like their whole thing.
Speaker 3: At Olive Garden that I have not been to an Olive Garden. I've never been to a red lobster and maybe only been to a sizzler once.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. You know, people say they have photographic memories, but it's usually they have photographic memory memories for certain things, you know, like chess prodigies. They can memorize like just a quick snapshot of the board and they will remember exactly where all the pieces were if they are in positions that they can technically be in in a game, like it just like makes sense to them. And the equivalent of that for Miles is olive garden marketing, lingo any nineties marketing.
Speaker 2: It's fucking it'salia my own birth.
Speaker 1: Remember that. I don't remember hospital.
Speaker 2: That shit was fucking dope, bro, Like.
Speaker 3: This is like a lapse of when you didn't have a babysitter for like a certain time. Yeah, it was like that's how much television you were watching.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, do you want to talk about raised by TV? That's fucking me.
Speaker 3: That means let me grape you some cheese and you gotta taste this, and we can't do it enough for you.
Speaker 2: Enjoy Hospitaliano If the other one.
Speaker 1: Was from nineteen ninety eight. This is.
Speaker 3: Anti Italian discrimination.
Speaker 2: It is violence.
Speaker 3: My name is anti Italian discrimination as well, so I know it takes one of no one. It's sort of comically Italian.
Speaker 1: I like that they're trying to claim that, like grading fresh parmesan cheese on your food is like level yeah, next level hospitality. It's like, isn't that all Italian restaurants? But I guess that's not Hospitalian.
Speaker 3: Hospitalianto is leaving you the bowl all right, that's true Hospitalian. I mean I don't actually know. I feel like in Italy they're like, no, you don't get a one shred more. This says all the cheese it needs and that is it? Like that's you know what I mean? Like my dad would never like if you like over cheese, He's like, what's that for? If you don't keep correctly, my dad would be mad. But like for me, she's in my mouth exactly. Real Hospitaliano is just like leave it them, leave it on the table, do.
Speaker 2: It yourself, like hook yourself up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that real Hospitaliano is they will do it directly into your mouth after each bite. I think that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hospitalian is just like standing over you and making sure you're eating the food correctly and like you're not on You got to not undo the lasagna but eat it as a straight down bite with you know what I mean. It's like you.
Speaker 2: Can't spoon, use this spoon exactly.
Speaker 3: Let make sure to like lap up all the sauce. Beeta. It's called scart pet you know what that is. You know what you say, bread and you go with sauce.
Speaker 2: Scarpetta, that's scarpetta.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you also know Italian has three words for farts, three different words.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, you're shaming me right now because I should know this. But she's there's three words for farts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's loafia, Scartofia, and vendre Kia lofia. What do you think you'll is?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lovely sod one?
Speaker 3: Right, so it's a silent but deadly Okay, okay, beautiful music.
Speaker 2: We have to do this whenever we're doing an Italian.
Speaker 3: Culture, Like Scartopia is actually arguably like the nicer one, but it's a sound, no smell, and.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, oh it's cute, like a little too, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Vendragia is the real deal. That's like the sound, the smell, fire and the fury.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah it sounds bad too, they three yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, Francesca, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're going to talk about You're like, how it would be great if you could Jack off your ears. No, we're not gonna talk. That's what we were talking about before we started recording, was how like if you can clear the air wax up by jacking off your ears and having the ear wax just shoot out of your ears, that would roll felt good. There's not a ton more on that, so we won't go too much more into it, but I think it is just a true thing that Francesca said before.
Speaker 2: Zy gang, what is the most efficient way to clear a wax out of your ears? Because you were talking about is it candling? You go to the doctor like, don't use Q tips. I'm like, what the fuck I don't have like I mean, my mom has one of those bamboo picks that like like for like Asian bamboo picks. Yeah, but see I don't have the Asian ear wax I got, like I got, I got American ear wax. You know.
Speaker 1: American ear wax don't Yeah, I got that thick goopy goop and uh.
Speaker 3: You got we have special ear wax you guys, maybe even more so, which is podcaster. Yeah you know you got the earbuds air pods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just steaming your ear canals. So anyway, I know there's got to be someone who has like the hack zigg Please reach out to either Jack Francisca or I let us see what is the best way that isn't Q tip based.
Speaker 1: Okah. I feel like though all those that's one of the things that I get, like banner ads for you know, like once you like gone been on the internet for a while and they start being like this is the type of belly fat that you want to avoid, and it's like one one page view before they start telling you that you want a free iPod. You know, it's like, wait, what is this from two thousand and three?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 2: They got one that's like a fucking camera that you use along side. Yo, this is too much for I don't need a fucking camera, man.
Speaker 1: We actually have that. Oh you have that? Yeah? I don't fuck with it because it hurts really bad. But my my wife loves doing this to our young'ins, doing the little camera thing.
Speaker 3: In the ear.
Speaker 1: In the ear, there's like a little camera and like connected to a little pick and you go in there and scrape it away. And my kids don't mind it as much as I do.
Speaker 3: My daughter really likes the feeling of the booker suck but she only thinks. She just thinks it's funny. But if it actually really goes to you gets anything a lot. She's like, ah, but she like likes it, like he take off and it's funny to her until.
Speaker 2: Like she's feeling it, like from behind her eyebrow, bullshit out.
Speaker 3: No she ever feels that, she'll freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it just starts twitching a little bit. No, we're gonna talk about Elon fucking oh right, yeah yeah yeah, Miles, tell that to earth Oh my god, tell it to earth bro. Yeah, we might talk about the first Lifetime Christmas Movie with fucking hell yeah, hell yeah, all that plenty more the first Francesca. We do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I know I don't what you guys want. You want the embarrassing stuff, you want that real ship. You don't want something like, you know, a new sleepsack. I was looking up for my daughter.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: No, this is like a gurumu or something.
Speaker 1: That baby is.
Speaker 3: So it turns off like it's actually baby baby name though.
Speaker 2: Organic the organic, yeah, the organic of cour that looks like a potato sack with straps on it.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, sure, No, I did look up Matt Rife chin surgery, Yeah, jaw surgery, because.
Speaker 1: You're looking for that for your Matt right, You're like, how do I get it?
Speaker 3: So I don't know how much you guys have covered Matt Rife's right.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I mean I'm looking. I just want to state I am not mad at him. I haven't watched any of his clips at all. I truly cannot stand his face. He's just not someone I would listen to generally, but he has worked hard on that face. Apparently he's admitted from what again, this is one of my like can I take a break from the news deep dives? He is admitted to getting botox, and you look at him and you're like, yeah, that's there's a lot. That's a lot of George Santos energy there, Like you see it, it's like too smooth. But then apparently his plastic surgeon went on TikTok and and posted something like oh that feeling when you've created the most perfect chin And then the person gets canceled because Matt Rife opens his special with like a domestic violence joke, like some dubbed he's fairly bottom of the barrel. Yeah, it's very old timy. It's very bottom of the barrel. It's very blue. It's it's just like not I mean, you know, he rose to fame off of TikTok and crowds, work clips, and it's like again and being hot exactly and so and part of that is this chin surgery. And he replied to this person, this surgeon, and was saying, like, you know, spreading lies will get you in like a lot of trouble or you could be sued or some some kind of reaction, which sort of tipped off to a lot of folks online that seems like it might be true, but he's not willing to admit it. And it's funny because one of his opening jokes I did watch this was also something like like I have a jawline that looks like it could like, you know, cut through whatever, something like's just like cut through a board or whatever, and and everyone likes, yeah, it's really really tough.
Speaker 1: Top here's a joke about how hot and like conventionally handsome. I well, right, and he.
Speaker 3: Kind of which is fine to do if you like. Truthfully, I've heard comics get on stage and be like, you know, I look like a guy who you know, you're always like if you're you know, I look like a guy who's going to ask you, you know, do you know who my father is? And that's another way to sort of say I look very white bread and you know, blah. But and so I think he leans into it. But it is funny that a guess he had plastic surgery and used to be super insecure about his chin before, and some monstrosity I mean, arguably beings insanely undeniably hot, gave him, like his jawline gave him an edge. That's where I wanted to go with that. He gave him that edge.
Speaker 1: You think, this just like cut through glass with this ship exactly. This jaw looks criminal. You think, Miles, Miles, Miles, come on, this is what y'all want? That's this motherfucker looked like, I don't want that. This looked like he looks like he was drawn by like one of those nineties Superman comic artists.
Speaker 3: Like it's no, it just looks like an AI recreation.
Speaker 2: You remember anyway, You remember in the Mask, the bad guy Dorian when he gets the mask.
Speaker 1: And puts it on hot.
Speaker 2: He looks like if you put on the mask and turn his like big old head into some weird cinder block shit I don't know about, and.
Speaker 1: That's what people want. That's what people want. It's okay, cool, I mean whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, yeah, I was looking that up. That that is my search history we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's such a wild back and forth with the surgeons, like talking shit and he's like, hey, buddy, Like, why don't you fucking hey man? That could get you in trouble saying the truth feut loud in this day and age.
Speaker 3: But I also like, isn't that not the move? Isn't the move to just be like, yeah, I had surgery and don't I look great? And then my other thought was like I've had so I had my wisdom teeth removed. This is a long story when I didn't really need them removed, and so I had some like jaw rupture and jaw stuff. If when you get jaw surgery, they have to break your jaw and realign it, do you know how risky that is for the rest of your body? Like, since I haven't had my like WISDM teeth removal, that I didn't actually need it. Fucked up my entire shit. I had like repetitive strain injury. I can't, I couldn't. I still can't use a regular mouse, like all my nerve endings and ship in my arms and my forms. It really your jaw is so crucial to how your whole spine and your body are actually working and connected. And if you break that, it's just like, that is really fucking serious anyway, just a of all the surgeries to get it's incredibly serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's willing to suffer his art.
Speaker 3: Pay for a physical air.
Speaker 1: His art is having a fucking sick jab. I haven't watched him, so yeah, I shouldn't touch it either. But it's just everything I hear about him is very very funny to me, and like his joke. Yeah, like everything I hear about him is like why this guy.
Speaker 3: Had once said, Matt Rife looks like Phil and Lil's mom from Rugrats, And now I can't.
Speaker 1: That's a shot. Oh No, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not trying to do I guess maybe it's perfectly rated. Okay, But here's I think Champagne is overrated. Maybe I've said this before on the show, but it is too sweet, always gets you too drunk, always, and it's just it's too expensive, I guess, and it's stupidly seen as like a status symbol. I think champagne is gross. Yeah, I prefer a brute it Abruzzo. What's the sparkling red? Is another Italian moment.
Speaker 1: I always wondered if there was a sparkling red.
Speaker 2: No, there is, there is, and you can have it chilled too. And I used to get man the region of.
Speaker 3: Italian Lambrusco, Abruzzo, Lambrusco excuse me, I'm sorry, Lambrusco is fuck yeah, Lambrusco greater than I'm just not add into champagne.
Speaker 2: No, it is interesting too, how it is like the default drink for being like and we here we are get the champagne, like we still have this the momentum of like cracking open barrels of champagne from like centuries ago.
Speaker 3: That is like if you ever gotten drunk on champagne, it's the most like.
Speaker 1: The whole time. It's like it gives you acid reflux immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if it's not like that's why the whole bottomless mimosa thing. Oh all no, and I've had like I've wintered. One of my Valentine's Day with my ex went to like a bottomless champagne vounce. I was like, Oh, this will be cute found on an event brighte never do that. I ended the night puke, having puked in a doorway of a bank, and then crying in the shower about how I ruined, Like, oh, it was so perfect and so champagne, and champagne doesn't It'll like you're just the steep climb to being drunk and then it'll drop you super quick.
Speaker 2: No one has a good champagne drunk story, Like, no one's ever like I love champagne because every time I drink, but everyone's like, man, I fuck, I fucked up again. I went to fucking bottomless mimosa brunch, the hip hop, the trap brunch again. We drank nine bottles of y cleft, the fucking cheap ass sparking wine, and I'm fucking sick in fucking Koreatown again.
Speaker 3: Like I imagine champagne is good if it's and I don't, I guess maybe what is it done? Perry or like mum or what's the other, Like, I guess if it's top top, top top sons. Yes, if it's top tier. And that's why I guess if you spend you know, thousands of dollars on a really incredible bottle, I don't know what then I think maybe it's good, but the time it's bad.
Speaker 1: Combined with berry for some reason, strawberries with champagne, Like, those two compliment each other better, and like it doesn't didn't make sense to me that they would compliment each other as well as they do, but they Yeah, I get most of my folly ideas from Bruno Mars songs. That that is what I like this one, like, bro, the song's about me. Have you tried it? Though? Like like makes champagne taste way better for some reason. Anyways, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Closing the door on your cat at night so they cannot sleep with you, not sleeping with your cat mmmmm hmm, all right, because the cat doesn't understand that there's no ins and outs. You're either in or you're out, you know, so they want to go in, they want to go out, They want to me. I'm bringing the toy they want to like. And then I get so like every time I go pee, you're like worried you're gonna wake the cat because then and then you gotta slip back into the same exact like contorted position you were in when you know, and then yeah, and I'm just like, you know what, you're out, You're out of here. No sleeping with me, and the other thing I'll say instead of co sleeping is also overrated. Co sleeping with your partner overrated. Yeah, I currently on an experiment, full disclosure. We're sleeping in separate beds, in separate rooms, and it is wonderful. It is so good. If you look, a lot of people have similar sleep schedules, similar sleep routines. They all, you know, everyone where like reads their little book and then they go to sleep and then good night. Some people are like holding hands. Some people cut off.
Speaker 1: If I only go to sleep holding each other's hands with just big, serene smiles, looks like.
Speaker 2: You're about to like you're about to die on the Titanic.
Speaker 1: Exactly every night, every night, couple.
Speaker 2: From reading that book to your kids.
Speaker 3: But it's like, you know, I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn when the baby wakes up and that's my job. That's the thing, you know, my my shift, I guess, and I can wake up early but not if not right.
Speaker 1: That is your job. Okay, yeah, that's your job. Yeah, that's your job.
Speaker 3: But matt leeb and I yeah, And it's been good. We've been sleeping in separate beds and it's nice. I get sleep well.
Speaker 2: Yo, Her Majesty has the cat. The cat would try and sleep with me, and I'm like, you get the I'm sorry, I'm trying to sleep and I know you fucking asked you want to take up all this fucking space. No, because I'm also very like, I'm very like empathetic in that sense. I'm like, oh, ship, they sleep and I don't want to find and then I don't sleep well. So it's been an eternal argument between me and Her Majesty where she's I'm like, yo, get that cat out the bed or I'll do something like you walk the cat up, And I'm like, what the is the cat in the Like it's fucking three in the morning to go to the bathroom, Like what do you want me to do? Fucking I can't do a whole fucking you know.
Speaker 1: You won't even open both your eyes at the same time when you go to the bathroom. I don't know ument. I don't know about me.
Speaker 2: I like, i have to say full max sleepy when I'm going to the bathroom middle of the night.
Speaker 3: How do you do that? Because I I have to cross baby's room. And so I'm like, and you can't be creepy quiet and stay asleep, because there's there's something very wakeful about trying to not make noise.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 2: I got that sound machine and blast and like it's fucking summer jam in there. Oh me, So there's no way. Like if the little if the guy's child heard my ship, then they call the Pentagon because we have a human weapon on our hands.
Speaker 3: Same same, But you know, in my head, I'm like, they heard the creek.
Speaker 1: Oh I do? That was like fuck?
Speaker 2: They never wake up? But yeah, uh new Pairs ship. We love it, we folks, we love it.
Speaker 1: The cats are like nocturnal, right, or at least part nocturnal, so they they just yeah they sounds.
Speaker 2: Like eighteen hours a day though, Yeah they sleep. It's like you get this.
Speaker 3: If you don't sleep right now, you have another chance. Every whole day is your chance. Yeah, me, no have chance, Like I need a sleeper and I feel bad. She's outside of the door, what you know, And then she's loud. Yeah, oh yeah, ear plugs, white noise. We've got everything. If if any intruder came into our house, we would.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're like, they're like trying to wake you up to know your values. Hey, hey, what the fuck is this ship?
Speaker 3: She should have gun to my head? Yeah, white noise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just wake up. The house is gone. You're just in a bed and a field. Yeah, just down to the studs somehow. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and talk about Elon Musk. Fuck it, and we're back. And there was a New York Times event of some sort and Elon Musk showed up dressed like launch Pad mcquack. He shout to JM that was his observation writer jams so funny and also looking like he's just fresh off a new facelift of some sort.
Speaker 2: Something going on. People on Twitter are saying he looked like meanute, like Vincent Donofrio when he was Edgar and Men in Black.
Speaker 1: He does look like someone he he looks like somebody is wearing an Elon musk.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, shift the face part a little bit on the phone around Yeah, but like, yeah, we have to apologize and walked her. Yeah, sorry, we didn't have to mention this fuck wad again. But he put in the performance of a life. He's somehow besting himself with the outrageous, outlandish behavior and fully jettisoning himself from planet Earth. So at this like New York Times, book Dealer, whatever event. Shit, I don't even know what I was feeling when I watched it was like sad, weird, uncomfortable, omni cringe, I guess what to call it. When the topic of his recent love of anti Semitic conspiracy theories came up, because you know, for those that probably are probably no look, on November fifteenth, he basically announced that he was like a card carrying anti Semite and like doubled down on it, and that replies like clarifying it, and that lent to obviously the Advertiser exodus, and it's been the biggest thing hanging over the site ever since. And when he was asked about it, he was like, you know, it's probably the dumbest post I think I've ever made. But then it's like, okay, well you know you went, you took that trip to Israel. You know that maybe that looked that looked like a you know, flascid apology tour. This is when he absolutely took off. So here is him. This is the question that's being asked, is in reference to you know.
Speaker 1: What was that Israel tour?
Speaker 2: And are you what's going on with the anti Semitism? What's going on?
Speaker 1: And his answer isn't like offensive so much as it's like just he seems like he's losing his grip on reality.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well, like just keep that in mind that throughout all this he's sniffling weird and looking at the audience like it's for c's or something. But anyway, here he is talking about what was really going on with me right now.
Speaker 5: But there's a public perception that that was part of a apology tour, if you will, that this had been said online, there was all of the criticism, There was advertiser believing we talked about about it.
Speaker 4: They stopped you hope, don't advertise.
Speaker 5: You don't want them to advertise?
Speaker 1: No, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: If somebody blackmail me with advertising, black Maley with money, go fund yourself.
Speaker 2: The whole audience like.
Speaker 1: Yourself a little laugh. Okay, I hope it is Bob.
Speaker 2: Talking straight to Bob Iger because Disney fucking pulled ads. He's like, what's up, Bob Biker.
Speaker 1: Well let me ask you. Then he's doing this weird don't advertise head audience, dude.
Speaker 2: The audience is even like, yo, what is this? This like people are doing the uncomfortable laughter, like oh.
Speaker 3: Right now, like if Kermit the Frog, like you know, like peeled off his green skin and revealed like do you know what I mean? Like faces sitting and he's no Elon. Elon's very Kermit right now. He's just kind of like and he's turning his head very like gou bye.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's got a weird Remember how Kirme's little cousin was like pink and you're like, why are you pink? It's weird, one of the most pink. He's very rad anyway, whatever, it doesn't matter. It's more than just how stupid he looks.
Speaker 1: Right. I love that though too.
Speaker 2: The fucking the interview is trying to be like right, and I get that you can just say that.
Speaker 1: But in reality, you need money to run aside.
Speaker 5: If part of the underlying model, at least today, and maybe it needs to shift, maybe the answers it needs to shift away from advertising. If you believe that this is the one part of your business where you will be beholden to those.
Speaker 2: Who have this view, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: I understand that.
Speaker 1: But there's a reality to just right. Yes, I love that. He's like, right, asshole, there's a reality, right.
Speaker 3: I thinks this is cool. I'm just like, oh, the twelve year old.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know mentioned that there's a reality, right, yeah, And I love.
Speaker 2: How it even has to be like like, bro, like you got what he's gonna bring up Linda Yakarino, who's in the audience, who's in charge of doing I mean.
Speaker 5: Jacharino is right here and she's got to sell advertise.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so absolutely no, tell actually what what this advertising boycott is is going to do.
Speaker 1: It's it's going to kill the company. H And then I had turned and.
Speaker 4: The whole world well, no that those advertisers killed the company.
Speaker 1: Every will document it in great detail.
Speaker 5: But there are these advertises I imagine are going to say. They're gonna say we didn't kill the company. Yeah, they're gonna say.
Speaker 1: To tell to Earth. But they're gonna say, why.
Speaker 5: Say youl On that you killed the company because you said these things and that they were inappropriate things and that they didn't feel comfortable on the platform.
Speaker 4: Right, that's what I say. And let's see how Earth responds to that.
Speaker 1: Tell it to Earth, yo, Francesca, tell it Earth, Bam, this is it.
Speaker 3: I mean it is like again when when billionaires are Karen's, it's not just the manager. It's like, tell it to Earth, right, I want all of Earth to know. And like he's still not on Mars. You're not on Mars. We can't wait for you to get there.
Speaker 2: Go right, we can't wait for that interplanetary disaster to unfold live for all of us to watch.
Speaker 1: But like it's when he says, like when he goes they're going to kill the company and we're documenting in great detail, is like that's that's when you're like, oh, this is like he's having a mental health crisis, like that. This does not make like the fact that the interviewer is like there keeps having to be like but reality exists, doesn't it's Earth?
Speaker 3: But that's it's I know he's making not only his midlife crisis but also his mental illness all of our business and it's awful and he's truly spiraling and there's nobody who can has ever been able to like pull him back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's also like, just try to act like, you know what, like a businessman, act, you know, someone even someone who's smart. Just try to act smart a little bit, you know. And he can't do that because I think, again, it's not important to him. He doesn't actually have any admiration or respect for anyone who does make money or anyone who is actually a smart investor or businessman. He wants to be cool and he wants to be a Nazi. He wants to be a cool Nazi. And that's it. Yeah, Yeah, I agree with you, though, I mean, he's a child, he's ever he's I mean, I also think like wealth and and racism. I hate when people say that their mental illnesses, but they certainly aren't. I think they can be. Yeah, but I'm just like it's I just want this. He's gonna fucking run for office at some point, you know what I mean. Like that's where I feel like the Elon Musk story is headed.
Speaker 1: But well, I don't know, guys.
Speaker 3: You guys have talked about everything.
Speaker 2: The Senate, it's not going to be the White House.
Speaker 1: But why But I mean he's already like the most power you know, one of the most powerful people in the history of the planet. Like, why would he need to run for office?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: He I guess he but it's like from a personal perspective, it feels like maybe he needs I think that's too risky.
Speaker 2: That would that's too risky because that would actually require getting votes, and like that's measurable. Like I don't think he could handle taking that out, so cannot speak publicly.
Speaker 3: Like I'm sorry, and I know he's narrow divergent, but I know the community does not claim him, but he cannot speak in public. He's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Later in the interview, do you see them You watch the part where he doesn't remember the dude's name called him.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, right, and he's like, that's your friend.
Speaker 3: I thought he's like it's Andrew, but I yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, go on, sir. But then right after that, he then talks about how he has this other really fantastic take about unions and what like what the problem with unions are. It's Again, this is someone who is not just saying whatever the fuck they want to out loud.
Speaker 4: I disagree with the idea of unions, but perhaps for a reason that is different than people may expect, which is I just don't like anything which creates kind of a lords and peasants sort of thing, and unions, sir, naturally try to create negativity in a company and create a sort of lords and peasants class situation. There are many people at Tesla who have gone from working on the line to being and senior management. There is no lords and peasants. Everyone eats the same table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone needs the same table unless you're a person of color, and then there's a whole other section for you to go to called the jungle.
Speaker 1: Uh from me because I don't like seeing you.
Speaker 2: It's not lords and peasants. It's more like an overseer slave relationship that I like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is it's so fun when you see like a you know, so called free thinking billionaire just sort of parrot the exact same you know, corporate line that CEOs have parroted for the time immemoriam of like, you know, that would make it feel like there's you know, friction between us person and I completely underpay and will fire if they at all try to former union. It's like, you know, it would seem as if there's a power imbalance there fucking is a power imbalance. It's like instead of being like, no, I like to think of us as a family, you know.
Speaker 1: Tell me about that thing that I like to ignore the power imbalance and ten isn't there and pretend that we're all a family and have a horse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm very excited right that the UAW has announced that they are going to be unionizing non union workshops, I mean factories, auto auto factories across the country, and Tesla is absolutely included in that. And I know actually that workers are trying to unionize and they are also and this maybe sounds a little weird, but they're they're embarrassed that they because they like the company they work for. They believe in Tesla, you know, they like the ev world and they think it is cutting edge, and they are engineers and they're and whatnot and whatever else it involves. And they fucking want him gone. They truly want him gone. Yeah, And so I mean, I just can't get over like I think truly. I know you guys have talked about this, perhaps, but the stunt to go to Israel, which the Onion had one of the best headlines, which was, you know, he is so thankful to return to an apartheid state kisses the ground alas this is the ground of a neo apartheid state. Beyond that, I think it's incredibly cynical. And it's cynical because this is someone who called the Anti Defamation League promoting racism against white people. Then he said he would remove pro Palestine keywords and got heralded by the ADL, And you're like, the ADL is not an honest arbiter here. They don't have ending anti semitism in their interests. And the fact that Israel welcomed the likes of Elon Musk's Musk All Show also excuse me, I could speak, also should tell us that they are also not honest actors when it comes to truly stopping anti semitism in Israel and around the world. Like if you're gonna welcome Elon Musk, fuck that right, you don't need that ally right.
Speaker 2: And then also to say like, well, I can excuse his anti semitism because and this one narrow way. It's overlapping with something I believe, So yeah, we love it. And then he was working just you know that outfit. He was wearing an IDF dog tag too. That was like saying that was about like releasing all of the hostages. So it's like, so everything was so like empty gesture, optic shit. That's it's embarrassing for fucking everyone. And yeah, that that interview. I don't know what the state of the company is right now, but my god, that did not help fucking anything.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, yeah, that's the thing is we're still there though, Like I'm still there. I know a lot of women, people of color, trans people, queer people, they've all left, but like, I don't know, I guess I'm still like I just don't know what. Like, I guess we're all kind of waiting for maybe him, like just like this big him to get tired of his toy, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right right, I like just waited out like it happen. It's like who knows. I mean, but I mean we're close to something.
Speaker 1: They're gonna kill the company. They're gonna kill the company. The wait and we're gonna document it.
Speaker 2: That's like some shit like when like our substance, like a Karen has a meltdown where they've clearly fucked up in a pub big place. But then they get their camera out to.
Speaker 1: Take video. Guess what now they're gonna know about. She's like, no, motherfucker, it's you. What there talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay? Tell him what I did reacting to your ship. This is not a fucking move, Like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Tell that to Earth?
Speaker 2: Tell that to Earth? Okay, Yeah, all right, Will Smith, Welcome to Earth.
Speaker 1: That's did he? I mean, that felt like that was him, his brain trying to improvise in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was that was Yeah, tell to Earth.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and Lifetime Hallmark Christmas Movie Universe. Has there ever been crossover? Have they ever like suggested that maybe these all take place in the same weird universe where people reproduce the meaningful looks that I wish there.
Speaker 2: Was, because that would be the most fucked up writing I think I could have ever imagined trying to weave it all together.
Speaker 3: But just when they're like plaids on their shirts, like match up. That's when like the baby is made.
Speaker 1: Yeah right right, yeah, that's how cuddlefish reproduces. Like they like start having patterns that like match one another as they're mating with each other. So like, yeah, and then is that fish fact from cracked or a fish fact from being a parent being a parent? Okay always Yeah, it was before we started recording, I was talking about the efficient of horse of the most efficient hunters, and that is these are both. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then when you talk about cuddlefish mating, do you have to talk about what mating means?
Speaker 1: Uh, have the kind of stuff. Yeah, we're just like oh yeah, yeah, just like that's how they have babies make more Yeah, exactly. Okay, when one cuddle.
Speaker 3: You don't talk about the cuddlefish is mind clit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out the sack on this cuddlefish.
Speaker 3: They just learned there there. There's like apparently some new research about dolphins clits. Dolphins have massive clits, massive clits. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something recently about I think it was a snake glitterists that like literally male researchers could not find and it took female researchers like yo, man, the clit right here, bro, They're like, we know not what we're under the tail.
Speaker 1: We thought the little rattler thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, uh so, there is a new Lifetime Christmas movie that is breaking new ground. Country singer and former One Tree Hill actress Janet Kramer is starring in an upcoming Lifetime Christmas movie called A Cowboy Christmas Romance about a real estate agent who I think real estate agents should be the protagonists of more films. Guys, they're cool there. I just feel like real estate agents are.
Speaker 3: Always well, she's gonna give up her job by the end of this film, obviously, of course for.
Speaker 1: A simpler thing, believe it.
Speaker 2: I hate that every Like, as someone who watches a lot of these ships, it always starts off with lady or guy from the city goes to small every fucking.
Speaker 3: Is it guy, though? Is it ever a guy who decides that all he wants to do is just like not chase money and just sort of settle down.
Speaker 2: There is an occasional one, yeah, where like fast paced living dude comes in and he's like a fucking hotshot like earth fucker who's going to destroy a town and then realizes at the end he likes Christmas lights. It turns out and I don't like venture capital.
Speaker 3: We see the Snowman.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like always the same, but I'm always back. Well, how's this one different? Oh it's a pretend nodding hill rip off, it's all.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's sort of like the the mystique in Magic of Christmas is. Yeah, like it worked for Scrooge, It's gonna work for everybody. It's basically just Christmas Carol over and over and over again. There's something about the magic, the lights and the cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: Suddenly I don't want to be Henry kiss It never worked on Henry Kissingder. In fact, they really tried him up like a Christmas tree man. Yeah, they turned him into a pumpkin spice latte.
Speaker 1: Ghosts visiting him every night throughout the seventh Oh yeah he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like yo' yes, broke out of my mind.
Speaker 1: He hugged the old Jacob Marley and then as he was walking away, Jacob Marley realized he had planted a grenade in his on his chain. But yeah, So this one's about a real estate agent who returns to her hometown in Arizona. There is a to reclaim land belonging to a rancher. But get this, the two of them form a connection.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she reclaims land. It's kind of loaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, he's going to get the deed to her ranch.
Speaker 1: That's right. Now. Normally that is the only sexual content we would get would be implication basically, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Usually these films like their sexual climaxes at the very end were like they are together and they kiss, and it's like the end.
Speaker 3: Yes, not so, which is not good because sex can really make or break, you know, whether yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, where's the follow up? And they're like, yo, there's such a mismatch sexually.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker really bad.
Speaker 2: He was looking at looking me dead in my eyes when he's going down on me, and I was like, well please.
Speaker 1: Kept winking, yeah, doing his eyebrows like this, his eyebrows while going down on me. You should know this movie.
Speaker 2: He called me mom in bed, and not in like a sexy Spanish way, not like like mommy mom. Mom.
Speaker 1: Kept his socks on.
Speaker 3: He left his socks on, you know, he actually left his cowboy boots on. He was in bed, standing on my bed.
Speaker 1: Covered the Yeah. But anyways, so she has announced guys, there there's gonna be fucking in this one. There's going to be a sex scene. Typically, sex along with swearing, drugs, and fun in general do not exist in these ultra conservative holiday movies. Also, magic like Santa Claus doesn't really exist, right.
Speaker 3: I mean Jesus watching in the corner, Like, as long as Jesus is there.
Speaker 1: Watching, I think baby Jesus.
Speaker 3: Jesus is like, but watching.
Speaker 2: On the Allmark wouldn't fuck with like a magic even advent calendar, like you know what I mean, Like if the calendar have powers that would normally be bestowed upon Christ, our savior, we don't want that here.
Speaker 3: But isn't that I mean, I guess is the magic is the intrinsic nature of Christmas? The magic of Christmas? Is it Jesus?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that what everyone's sort of implying, Like Home Alone too, Like was the sort of like the jingle jangle and the special stuff was that Christmas? Or is that just homeless people who actually save your ass every.
Speaker 1: Single I think there's I think there's like a secular Christmas magic that is. That's what I thought best expressed in Ghostbusters too, where it's just like goodwill, you know, And I guess elf has a similar thing where it's just like happiness and joy of like groups of people, and like the way it's expressed and culminates as by like people singing together.
Speaker 3: Right, and you've explained happiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is I don't understand humans, but as best I can tell via Ghostbusters too. And this is how.
Speaker 3: Sparkley Sparkly is not really Jesus, but it kind of myles. Would you say it is in Lifetime in Hallmark movies because I haven't no.
Speaker 2: You know, Jesus shit in there. You are ones that they're they do. But like, for the most part, I honestly think the biggest like the purpose of all these films is like there's like a psychological like downshifting that happens at like around this time of year. People like okay, like we're going it's Christmas or it's the end of the year, and like I just need to look at something that reinforces the fact that it's the end of the year and it's still challenging narratively, and it's like I can look away and still know what the fuck happens or know exactly how this shit is gonna play out, it's not. It's fully predictable. So even as a viewer, I feel fully in control of what I'm watching because the fucking the Holidays are already whacky and shit. I think like that has a huge imp Like that's one of the big reasons why these movies are so big. It's like they're just so fucking easy to watch, Like that's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: In offensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but she said it's the first Lifetime Christmas movie that has a sex scene on an episode of her podcast wind Down.
Speaker 3: Is it doggy style?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he just takes me from behind on like in a coat room. Is she pregnant?
Speaker 2: She's saying, She said. When I read it, I was like, well, this is going to be interesting. I'm like, how are we gonna do this with the baby belly?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, pregnant?
Speaker 2: Okays my eggs okay? So what oh ship? So he had that ship on the kitchen counter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't wow on the kitchen counter and they like do this thing the movie thing where they like clear off the stuff on the counter, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, and they have counter sex.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: So she definitely didn't come. I guess like him and a half minutes.
Speaker 2: If that, Yeah, he was like, oh god, thank you, there's my ranch.
Speaker 1: It's just uncut, uncut seconds.
Speaker 3: He's seventy.
Speaker 1: I meant to do that. You came because people might come back, So are you coming?
Speaker 2: I might be able to get a few more in before it's useless.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would have thought that the first sex scene in a Lifetime film would have been, you know, soft focus in a bed, beautiful sheets on now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't all over where people eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you're asking me. You're like when you first brought this up, like if this is affecting like my perception or how I look at these movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you famously like, dude, you're not joking. You've watched a lot.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot and I've said it before. I've tried to I've tried to sell scripts of this ship because I'm likes so easy bro, And yeah, you were, you were a thinker on this. Y'all want to fucking hack use chat GPT and it'll give you a whole motherfucking holiday movie idea. You just got to give you a dialogue. I'm telling you half the time, Like, give me a three X structure based on notting Hill but holiday themed, involving a police officer who realizes that he's anti capitalist and is in love with his partner. But like that sounds I know it's good, it's always but yo, because look we have some Ai tols.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get killed though there's gonna be some corruption at the plee that that's actually.
Speaker 2: But these I'm like, I don't for the same reason. I just want wallpaper. I don't need fine art, you know, I don't need and by fine I mean I don't need like sex scenes or none of that. Like, just show me the person who moved from the city or was living too fast and need to slow ship up and realizes what blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I get offended by this is I mean, this is me just being so allergic to I'm so judged. I'm a something that like if I see that, or I hear a line that sounds too corny or or like horribly written or so predictable, I will like convulse and turn it off. Like I will if a show that everyone's like no, no, no, this is a really good show has a bad line or a bad actor. Immediately like I'm just like I'm out, I'm taken out of it and I can't. So it's it's so opposite. But like, I don't know what do I have. I don't have anything on necessarily, but I do like like Great British Baking Show that's sort of my speed. Yeah, yeah, yeah maybe, but I'm like, even.
Speaker 2: See, I look at it like almost like how I watch Fox News like.
Speaker 1: And I want it on.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make me angry so much. I'm like, yeah, they really make this.
Speaker 1: Like a sosiological experiment.
Speaker 3: But it's a little bit like like like when I would like watch The Little Mermaid and then rewind and watch it again immediately after. I think it does something to your psyche where it like the conditioning that like heteronormative weirdo you should meet your love at a hoe down, Like that's that's doing something to you.
Speaker 1: I do agree with that, but yeah, I do think that a relationship, a marriage actually isn't right in the eyes of God unless.
Speaker 2: You are you serious. It doesn't make me even know I have the wildest missionary style sex after watching one of those. It was crazy on a haystack, you know, next to a fucking manger. Okay, fucking Nativity scene is ship so freaky live Nativity scene, but we go all the way through the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the three Wise men are freaky, y'all.
Speaker 2: Was looking at your business, but like this does feel like to your point, Francisca, like what we were talking about with like the TikTok dating advice, Like you can get so ground down by like whether it's capitalism or dating apps or things like that, that sometimes there is just like this weird thing of like look how simple this dumb shi it is. And in that way there is like comfort even though you might really aspire to that, but there's something about like wow, this life. Wow in this world housing crisis doesn't exist, you know, like wars of imperial wars, like all this shit is.
Speaker 1: Gone, so like some of the Dark Ship because we we watched one of the one of the oh actually I guess it wasn't a holiday movie, but it was a Netflix movie that was like in the Hallmark kind of genre and the josh what was that guy's name, Joshua, Yeah, Dumel was the love interest. It was like that one of the number one trending movies on Netflix, like during the pandemic and josh Tumel's character was like a fucking like Trump QAnon person. Oh god, just like coded that way. He was giving, like he was like, oh I'll tell you what. No, no, no, no, no, no. He was he was the one he got. Yeah. Basically like she came to him from the city where she had like you know, things hadn't worked out for her and then she you know, came around to his way.
Speaker 3: Think you did we Okay, But what I will say is maybe if I watched these movies, I would like I wouldn't stop because last year I did watch Last Christmas with Amelia Clark. I think it was maybe two years ago, and I Ristmas like three years ago. That shit sucked so much, Like I mean, Michelle, yeah, I was in it. I was like, Okay, that was a weird choice. But then like Amelia Clark and this dude, who's this dude, Henry Golding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's awful, Like he's he skips at one point in the movie in the beginning, like and she's like, why are you skipping?
Speaker 3: Because I'm happy and You're just like it was bad, and so I'm like, but I was really excited because I did kind of want to watch like you know, cute Christmas meet cute stuff.
Speaker 1: Right right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that's right, because doesn't she work like with unhoused people or something, and like there's like a they have like it it culminates like with like a pageant scene. I feel like at the shelter.
Speaker 3: I don't think I finished it.
Speaker 2: Oh should I? You know, I'm not the last saw this shit in the fucking theater when it came out. You did, Yeah, this is what I I don't know what the fact that was a dead Heart of COVID.
Speaker 3: Yes it was. Yeah, anyway, I need more lifetime filmandemic.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was. It was right at the end of twenty nineteen. I remember because it was like, honestly, I think it was one of the last films I had seen for like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you saw it in the theater. Meanwhile, this is how much up on? I'm like, I just saw it last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ago.
Speaker 1: I mean there's some repertory theaters that are staging the screenings of it. That movie, so it cost thirty million dollars to make and it made one hundred and twenty three million dollars, So you're not the only person who saw it in theaters.
Speaker 2: Mouth it's I'm telling you, there's something like I get some people they do it for It's like visual value, you know what I mean. Yeah, that's why they fuck with it. I'm like half into it for that, the other half. It just feels like these movies are made with zero taste or quality in mind, and then like it's wild to watch it, Like these people know better than this, but this is what we get. And it's just so weird to see how the standards shift so dramatically for a holiday film. But if that's also interesting, Yeah, man, I think then they kind of they get naughty in that, don't they.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't finish. He's a ghost right, Oh? Sorry shit, Oh.
Speaker 3: He's a ghost. Oh I love that. I mean I don't love that, but thank god because it makes it makes his like insufferable character. Actually. See, that's the thing. I'm impatient. That's why you go to films instead of stream them, because you can't leave, although I have left theaters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's actually somebody who donated his heart hard to her. Yeah, and so she's the manifestation of like some weird like physical there's like some weird like materialist like physical you could you could like build an entire religion off of the back of like the mythology of Last Christmas.
Speaker 2: It feels like but like in.
Speaker 1: The a Heart, you are part them and therefore their reality manifests itself into your physical reality, and then you can fuck them and then that's a true Christmas spirit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like your donor always is like they get one fuck, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, all right, holy ghost.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good. I you know, what if they had done a little bit more like a little more foreshadowing, But in thirty minutes, I was like, this is bad, this is bad.
Speaker 2: No, trust me. When that ship the reveal happened, I remember looking at her magic was like, Yo, the fuck was that? I almost choked out the person next to me, Like somebody's got to take answer.
Speaker 1: So he's got to go to sleep right now, somebody's going night over this terrible plot twist. Yeah, it does end. I'm just this is all based on the Wikipedia plat summary, But it does end with organizing of a show utilizing the talents of the people at the shelter exactly, and Kate delicately performs a solo of the Wham song Last Christmas intertwined with flashbacks of her time with the dead person's ghost who she fucked while their heart was beating in her chest. That's wild, so weird, so weird. I love it though.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right because she tries to have sex with him and he says no, and they just kiss and then he literally ghosts.
Speaker 1: Right. Wow, amazing champions, Francesca. What a pleasure having you as always on?
Speaker 3: My God?
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: You know? When you can find me? You can find me with Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Oh tell them.
Speaker 3: At SF Sketch Fest on January twenty eighth. That is a Sunday at seven pm at the Gateway Theater. You can get your tickets sfsketch Fest dot com twenty twenty four. We'll put a link hopefully you guys can put a link on that.
Speaker 1: Who else is on that?
Speaker 3: It is a live edition of my podcast Habituation Room. We've got Miles Gray, comedian Nato Green, and Emma Vigland of The Majority Report. Just such a banging lineup. I'm very excited. So please come get tickets. If you're in the bay, smoke with me. It's a chance to you know, Stock miles irl. So he's excited about it.
Speaker 1: If you're not in the bay, that's worth flying in for if you have.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yo January twenty eighth, Yo, wild Side Store. And I have to tell you, Francesco, my brother in law knows NATO for like years really, yeah, for like over twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Are they friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They are friends, like one enemies you know, because he was like, yo, nay, He's like yo. I came up with him in the bay like twenty five years ago, and I was like, and yeah, they're friends. That's great.
Speaker 3: Well you better be at the show.
Speaker 2: God damn you will. No, he's he's okay, Look that's my plus two.
Speaker 1: All right. Amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: I did like the IMEU, which everyone should follow, which has been reporting and doing great. Is it just a great resource for Israel? Palestine information? Has Israel's twenty twenty three wrapped? Fifteen thousand, four hundred plus Palestinians killed, sixty three hundred Palestinians children killed, one point seven million Palainians displaced, seven thousand plus Palacinians arrested. Yay, And I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Rap and enjoy wrap that up with a bow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, where can people find you? What is the work of media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: At Miles of Gray wherever they got the at symbol. You can find Jack and on on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad boosted a great episode with Sarah Todd who it's about the Utah Jazz my favorite Tad Jazz Report. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Sarah Todd is always fantastic. You can also find me on four twenty d Fiance with Sophia Alexander where I'm talking about ninety day fiance. And also just want to shout out again my friend Kim Cooper's one Woman show Trauma Response. If you're in LA, please check it out December fifth. I'll have a link in the footnotes. Please US cop tickets check that out. It's about being a transracial Korean adoptee to a white family in Iowa and all of the fun identity crises that come along with shit like that. And a tweet I like is from John Penneman at Historia Graphos tweeted a picture of a student emailing him he's a professor, and this was said, I will never recover from the student email, Good afternoon, Professor Pennyman, Hope you had a great break. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to use sources from the late nineteen hundreds for our final paper. I found an interesting paper from nineteen ninety four. Is there a cutoff date of publication? See you tomorrow?
Speaker 1: See it tomorrow, old ass motherfucker, if you're not dead of old age, nineteen hundreds, fuck y'all the late nineteen hundreds, Like I'm a fuck I'm driving a Model teen.
Speaker 3: Shit, this is Marjorie Taylor Green mistake as well. Like I actually think there are people who think the nineteen hundreds, Like are they wrong? Like why would you the nineteen hundreds. Isn't it the end of the nineteen hundreds technically nineteen.
Speaker 2: Ninety Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just so funny, correct, It's just a funny way in nineteen hundred.
Speaker 1: So well, they will increasingly, they will be in the same way that we were, Like, yeah, late eighteen hundreds, what is that from the nineteen hundreds? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Could you consider yourself being born at the end of the nineteenour hundred.
Speaker 1: Of late nineteen hundreds, he's so fucking in the nineteen hundreds. My shit isn't even that all that late. I got a lot. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah ninety four like yo, ninety I got it here like that. Shit's prehistoric so funny predates the written word.
Speaker 3: With three when nine eleven happened.
Speaker 1: Fuck you. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien uh tweet I've been enjoying shirts that go hard tweeted a T shirt that says Henry Kissinger died on Spotify wrapped Day November twenty ninth, twenty twenty three, and that would just be a cool, cool thing to have written on your chest. Also, Floor Baba tweeted, social media is like, hey man, let's hang out at the news. I don't know how else to say. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at d daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what's the song we think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: What is your what's in your wrapped? I'm I need.
Speaker 2: I haven't even opened my wrap yet.
Speaker 1: Actually I haven't even Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's remind good. Thank you for rying me.
Speaker 1: Also shout out all the fucking Apple Ye do they do that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they do have their own version.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be all kinds of stuff because we use our Spotify to play all kinds of ships of the house. But let's see a track that I like. It's getting chilly, you know, the errors crisp. I would like to go on bike rides right now when the errors crisp uh. And this is a track just a little electronic, like not too hardcore electronic music, like something light with a good beat and feels like it goes with the crisp weather. That's this track. It's called good Lies by over Mono O v E R M O n Oh. Check this one out. Go on a bike ride, take a brisk walk whatever, breathing some oxygen from the outside, and listen to this and you will feel marginally better. I don't know, but hey teach their own, but check this out.
Speaker 1: Damn. I was trying to do the Apple one, like fucked my computer. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, We will link off to the in the footnotes. The Daily Zeitgeis is a production of by Heeartradio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday with a whole last episode telling you what was trending over the weekend, and we will talk to y'all then bye bye.