Speaker 1: But am I gonna stay here and say great, we get on your baseball.
Speaker 2: Also, no, I think the off day today you guys well needed for everybody, especially that team.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, and welcome to this Thursday episode, a brand new live episode of Dodgers Territory. The Three Stooges are back. I am a Wana Rizzo. That is Katie Wu. That is Clint Psius. We are happy that you guys are here. Join us in the comments. We want to know how you feel. We got a lot to talk about. Let's get right, yes, everybody, let's get to the big ticket. Let's just talk about Katie Wu. Will the Los Angeles Dodgers, the back to back World Series champions, ever win another game?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, judging by the fact that we all, without even communicating, showed up wearing black two.
Speaker 1: I guess death of the Dodgers on the show. Maybe not. I mean, this is like an unspoken wardrobe choice.
Speaker 3: It's Navy. It's Navy. I'm not I'm not quitting. I'm not quitting. Its Navy. But you're right, what the hell the funeral is here?
Speaker 1: Ye dressed for it?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a great week of Dodger baseball, I think, especially when you're looking at how they stacked up against what looked like two for sure playoff teams, especially the Cubs after the deadline that they had. You want to see a little bit more against the Red Sox. I think they've won twenty five of their last twenty eight. Alana, you would know more. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And then the Cubs, rejuvenated by Jed Hoyer's moves at the deadline, they get at their starting pitching, and the Dodgers with their big addition didn't really come out so hot at Wrigley Field. Am I concerned about this right now? No, we'll get into this later. We can all expand on it. But am I gonna say here and say great week a Dodger baseball? Also, No, I think there's some rifle concerns about the state of the offense overall. The bullpen, especially from the right side, not looking too hot.
Speaker 1: The off day today, you.
Speaker 2: Guys, well needed for everybody, especially that team. My main takeaway is that the last week, especially at rick leg Field, they look pretty fatigued.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, right I was just going to ask you, Clint, and we can talk to Katie about it too, She's the one that tweeted it on X Is this team tired? Is this team fatigued? What are you noticing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems to happen about this time every year, where you know, we've talked about it a different a few different times over the last month or two. It's a team that is tired. It's a team that plays a lot of baseball late into each year. They start baseball early because they're going to Japan, they're going to Korea, they're going to playing in the WBC. You know, I know, Katie, you had replied to someone on the Twitter machine about the fact that they are tired. I mean, if the broadcasters at the reporters are tired on these you know, on these trips, they're not the ones going out there and playing baseball. Was a pretty gnarly trip for them. Even coming out of the All Star brek. It's been a grind that said, we understand they get played, paid a lot of money to play baseball and do this game. They're still humans too, but yeah, this has to be an absolute battle. This is part of the grind of one hundred and sixty two games. Every once in a while, You're gonna see the best team in baseball, the team that pays all that money for all those stars, lose six in a row, lose eight of their last ten, be sixteen or thirteen and sixteen since July first. You saw some signs of life late last night, and I agree with Katie. This day off could not come at a better time going into Arizona. You have some luck there, you have some good history there. It's about time to put up a dub in Arizona with Rokie on the bump on Friday, and they will do that.
Speaker 3: And that team still has an eight game lead in the standings. It is okay, I understand we all want them to go one sixty two and oh, but the thing is what an issue is right now? If it is an issue, but something to talk about for certain is a first round by Katie Wu is suddenly in jeopardy. Ken Rosenthal talked about this today on Fair Territory with Ken Rosenthal. Their half game behind them, Braves now for that second seat. And remember a lot of folks don't remember that the Dodgers didn't have a first round by last year either, right, Remember they had to beat the Cincinnati Reds in that first wildcard round and they ended up winning the World Series. But do you think about that? Are they thinking about that? What's your take on it?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent they're thinking about it.
Speaker 2: They're maybe not thinking about it on August sixth, but still seven ish weeks to play in the regular season. But the Dodgers internally have said, you know, yeah, we don't really care that much about the regular season win record as long as we get the first round by, and we've talked about it on the show. They're not going out there for THEIRS to go out and win, you know, one hundred plus games. That's not a goal of theirs. They're a goal of THEIRS. The only goal in the next two months is to win enough games to lock down the first round by Because of what we just talked about. We'll go back to the travel thing. Coming out of the All Star Break, four cities in ten days. They forfeit that off day to go to the White House. They come back, they have six games against two good American League teams, red Eye to Chicago, and you saw how that went.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 2: This team also not the youngest roster we've ever seen. There are some older guys who have accomplished a lot in their career, but still, when you look at recovery in your thirties, trust me, it's a lot harder than in your time.
Speaker 3: Save it.
Speaker 2: So it's true, But from a baseball standpoint, the reason why the first round by is so imperative is because these guys need to rest. They're showing fatigue right now, which is understandable, and I'm not going to make excuses for this team, and neither will they. Every baseball team has a growing part of their schedule. The travel is part of it, but you can question if their recovery is where they need it to be, especially because when you look at how the roster is currently constructed, it's.
Speaker 1: Very bright headed heavy.
Speaker 2: There are not a lot of ways for Dave Roberts to work in rest for his regulars because he doesn't really have any platoon advantages. So we can't really get guys off or get guys days off throughout the course of the regular season. We're going past that because it really isn't a bench back right there. There's no platoon that they can use. Now, that's why they want the first round by so badly. These guys would do anything to just kind of skip the wild card round.
Speaker 1: You're able to set up. You're pitching much better going into.
Speaker 2: The DS, all the strategy of things, but from a rest and workload standpoint, you're seeing how this team looks right now.
Speaker 1: Fatigue is a real thing to worry about going down the stretch.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna teae me. You said you were gonna teae.
Speaker 1: Me on that.
Speaker 3: I know that that is not true. Quinn. If you look at our slack channel.
Speaker 5: This, oh you know what.
Speaker 4: Hey enough, I'm putting my hand up. I'm putting my hand up. I'm putting my hand up. I'm taking accountability.
Speaker 5: I fucked up. I fucked up. I need a day off too.
Speaker 3: Don't don't throw the old lady under the bus. It's your I try it so.
Speaker 2: Hard to keep that on track. I'm not taking it, and I'm I'm innocent in this one that is on YouTube and it was a.
Speaker 1: Compelling to art.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was great.
Speaker 4: Listen If anybody you can go check LinkedIn and see if there's any job openings with the Dodgers to get them off or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: But yeah, what are we talking about? Yeah? The first round?
Speaker 4: By listen right, there's so much baseball. We'll get back on track here. Hopefully you guys enjoy it. If you're enjoying any of this.
Speaker 5: Bas hit that like Buttoner, subscribe to the channel everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an off day, and you know what, you need a little levity, we do.
Speaker 5: This team needs a little levity and they need a little bit of amen.
Speaker 4: Joy man, that was probably not a very happy flight back from Chicago there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, first round by.
Speaker 4: We've seen this team over the last handful of seasons go all which ways, whether you have a first round by, whether you're playing in the wildcard, You've seen the last two years going both ways with it. They know how to win, they know how to get through that. I'm not worried about any of these wildcard teams and the Dodgers getting through it.
Speaker 5: Been there, done that.
Speaker 4: Yes, would you like to have those five days off? Do they know now how to handle the five days off in between the regular season and the start of the division series.
Speaker 5: Yes, they've kind of figured that out.
Speaker 4: Still, there's so much time for them to get things sorted out right now they are on this skid. While the Braves, who didn't really do shit at the trade deadline are adding on like a heater. I think they've rattled off seven wins in a row themselves. So it's just that perfect storm of one hundred and sixty two game baseball season where you're gonna have this and we're gonna have.
Speaker 5: The the.
Speaker 4: Just you know, one one ship lowers in the wave and the other one raises and all that and things are gonna balance out with the Dodgers end up on top. That said, people are still panicking, Alana, is it time to throw up any sort of panic? And I think you are the right person to throw this too, because I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 5: It's going to be great.
Speaker 1: It's going to be great. You guys.
Speaker 3: They had a stretch last year where they went ten and fourteen in July, including a seven game losing streak, and everyone expects the Dodgers to never lose a game, correct, And that's okay. I'd rather they have the little bit of a slump here in the early part of August, last part of July, early part of August. They opened September with this, with a five game skid. This game. This happens over one hundred and sixty two games and Katie, of course, is doing all of the diligent work being in the clubhouse, being at all of the games, and she talked to Freddy Freeman about this. So, Katie, what did Freddy say to you when you talk to him about this six game losing street Because fans obviously think the sky is falling, it's just a little bit of a blip.
Speaker 2: I mean, can you can you blame the fans for thinking this because they have They're just not accustomed to losing. So every team goes through losing skids. The Los Angeles Dodgers are not immune to this. We've talked about how the travel might be playing a little bit of part into it, and just the overall but but Freddy said all the right things, you know, he said, I'll expand on that.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get an excuse from any of us.
Speaker 2: We expect to win every time we come to the yard where a great baseball team.
Speaker 1: We just haven't played well the last week. And that's it. They haven't played well the last week.
Speaker 2: They're going to be fine, assuming that everyone says healthy, you have place now coming back next week.
Speaker 1: Tyler Glass now.
Speaker 2: Looked really good in a short reabsent Edwin Diaz a little rusty. But for me, it's all about just making sure they're rested and the workload is consistent leading into October. I'm not sitting here thinking, oh my goodness, the Los Angeles Dodgers are going to miss the playoffs. I'm looking and saying, oh my goodness, the Los Angeles Dodges a our baseball team.
Speaker 1: They're going to go through skids right now. And he went on.
Speaker 2: Freddy said this, and I thought this was a good point. I'll find the direct quote. We've lost what three or four in a row a couple times already this year, we win four in a row. No one else is talking about the six in a row we just lost, So it's on us. We've just got to play better on Friday.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: They just have to play better baseball. They certainly have the roster capability to do so.
Speaker 1: Rest up.
Speaker 2: It's like four hundred degrees in Arizona anyway, so don't go outside.
Speaker 1: Stay in. They're staying at a nice little hotel.
Speaker 2: Get your rest room service, get back to the yar at Arizona playing some really good ball as well. And let's not forget they did sweep them right before the All Star break at Dodger Stadium, looking for some revenge there. Probably Again, I'm not worried. It has not been good baseball. We've seen a little bit of exposure with the lack of offensive production. These are all things to monitor going down the stretch. You need I know, he had a four hit game yesterday. You need better offense from Mookie Betts. You need better production from Tiascar Hernandez, you need better production from Kyle Tucker. Just the same things you've been saying all season long. Showing how tany at least started to look good Max Muncy, Clutch Homer.
Speaker 1: I know they weren't able.
Speaker 2: To complete the comeback, but I liked the five run eighth inning yesterday at Wrigley Field.
Speaker 1: That showed a little fight.
Speaker 2: I expect the Dodgers to look like a much different baseball team over the than they have the last week starting Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, offense leaving something to be desired. Maddie Man in the chat to say, and it's not the pitching. It's the offense. And I would argue a little bit with the pitching. The bullpen has been really bad. They had I think leads in five of the last like seven games, or however it goes, they've had leads in a lot of these games that uncharacteristically they have lost.
Speaker 3: That is just not what we actually in all six games. Listening it was, I was listening to the game on the radio on AM five to seventy. Shout out Tim Neverett, Rick Monday, Dave Vesse, Dwayne McDonald. I was listening to the game and had mentioned that in the first five games of the six game losing straight, the Dodgers had the lead in every single game and ended up losing that game. And then show, hey, o'tana gets a lead up or it gets a home run in the yeah, lead up home run in the final game of the series with the Cubs, and then PCA does the same thing to tie it and the Dodgers end up losing. So technically you could say all six games, all six games, the Dodgers had the lead and ended up going oh for six, which is not not that's not that's not it's not going to be great.
Speaker 5: That's not gonna be you know.
Speaker 4: The thing I'm saddest about, most embarrassed about, is we're looking bad in front of Tarret guys like school, going to think this is a bad team.
Speaker 3: Stop so happy to be here right now, Give me a break. He's so happy he pitched well enough to win. It's not on him.
Speaker 5: He's had absolutely not.
Speaker 2: They were crazy play that little ball going five hundred feet off home plate like that was.
Speaker 4: It was not a Baltimore chop. That was a main shot. That thing just kept on on flying. I'm looking at the map from from like you know. Anyways, The point is, Dodger are gonna better. We are going to talk about the Dodgers competition in all of baseball, not just the National.
Speaker 5: League coming up in just a second. But first we got to.
Speaker 4: Talk about seat Geek, because at some point in time, much like Katie Woo, the Dodgers will return home.
Speaker 5: They'll be in their own beds. They'll be able to go out and party all night long.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 5: I isn't much like you.
Speaker 4: You are right now, You are home, right now. I know what I'm setting up here. It's big brain stuff. All right, let's let me get off on this. Oh sorry, seat Keek. Sorry, listen, Dodgers are returning home next week. You got Max Munsey World Series Home or Bobblehead Night. I think it's Salvadorian Heritage Night as well career Hello Kitty Night, which is always absolute anarchy at the ballpark.
Speaker 3: It's anarchy. They love it and you know that Hello Kitty's not a cat. That's for another show, but anyway, keep going.
Speaker 5: That's for no shows. That's it. That's the one time we ever once a year. A lot of can bring that up.
Speaker 4: But big series coming up later on next week that we will talk about next week for sure. The Brewers come to town for four Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead as well.
Speaker 3: That's on August fourteenth, which we will get into you a little bit more during less licks because we all big auction. That's fine, but we have an opportunity for you to go to that game, you guys. At thirty five million download sea Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. You can get tickets to the Dodgers game, to concerts, festivals and more. See Geek as you're back because each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. Look for the green dots. Green means good, red means bad. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee and of course, we have a code for you guys. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any Major League Baseball tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it. Thank you very much to Eat for your support.
Speaker 4: I don't give it.
Speaker 5: Pips up there, you know it feels nice.
Speaker 4: Haven't done a mountin visit for like three or four shows something like that. We understand the Dodgers are in an interesting position right now. Fans aren't used to this, and we're looking up at other teams.
Speaker 5: We have been beat pretty bad, swept back to back series.
Speaker 4: Now the Cub's looking good, the Red Sox, Red Sox looking really good. We know the Brewers are good, the Braves suddenly good. Who are the teams which of all of baseball, all twenty nine other clubs, Who are the current biggest threats to the Dodgers in our opinions, Katie, why don't you te us up here or lead us off on who do you think the biggest threats are for the Dodgers in their pursuit of a three peat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do a brief synops on Milwaukee. Fantastic get winning in the regular season. Could just very very good at excelling putting together winning roster given their small market payroll. I have yet to see them win significantly in the postseason.
Speaker 1: So, with all due respect.
Speaker 2: To what Milwaukee is doing, my biggest threats that I'm looking at in the National.
Speaker 1: League, it's actually just one. It's the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's a little bit of a recency bias because I just saw them play the last three games, But I just love what they did at the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: They needed pitching help.
Speaker 2: And so they went out there and they got Clay Holmes, which I thought was a great pickup. Kevin Gosman's probably my favorite of that, you know, Braxton Garrett, And then every trade deadline from like each league, there's a reliever that we've never heard of that's all of a sudden nasty and becomes a huge target. That's Ryan Zephyrjon from the previously the Angels. So getting those four guys has completely fortified what was their most.
Speaker 1: Inconsistent part of their game.
Speaker 2: When you look at who they were missing, you know, justin Steel, Edward Cabrera's on the il might be coming back.
Speaker 1: Though then you have.
Speaker 2: Like you still look at who's left in that rotation. I'm a big show to girl. We know this, especially when he looks like how we did yesterday. This Cub's rotation can pitch and they have the star power. Dodgers fan favorite Pete crow Armstrong making MVP.
Speaker 1: In the National League.
Speaker 2: Say a Suzuki can slug, you just go kind of a round. Michael Bush, Dodger fans quite familiar with him. This is a lineup and a roster and a pitching staff that is built for October, and Wrigley Field is a great place to play if you're the home team in the postseason. It can be a very intimidating environment if you're a visiting team. So that's other than the Red Sox, who we don't have to worry about that for one series.
Speaker 1: If they make it that far.
Speaker 2: I think in the National League, I'm watching the Cubs. They're not going to go and I don't think they're going to unseat the Brewers atop the NL Central.
Speaker 1: That'd be pretty hard to do.
Speaker 2: But they are a very good team that I think, other than the Dodgers, had the best deadline, whatever day was August third.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Katy just mentioned the Red Sox, and I know we don't have to worry about them until we face them, if we face them in the World Series again. I live in Massachusetts and I cover them from time to time as a freelancer. I tell you what, they are on some kind of heater. But this is the thing that is so difficult with the Red Sox is how do you make this sustainable?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, they are what twenty eight and three in the last you know whatever thirty one games or whatever it is. They are on some kind of tear. They had an unbelievable momentum shift of positivity going into the All Star Break and then you're like, Okay, what are they going to do coming out of the All Star Break? Well, they continue to win. I mean, and not only are they winning, but they're beating teams that are well above five hundred or division leaders.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Obviously, they swept the Los Angeles Dodgers, they are about to sweep they could do it today. They're going to sweep the White Sox. They swept the Rays. They you know, they're they're winning against teams that have a winning record and are at the top of their own respective division. So everything is clicking right now for the Red Sox. This was a team that was for the majority of the season before the All Star Break, had a below five hundred record. We thought that they were going to be sellers. All of a sudden, they go on a tear. They sweep the Yankees, they take two three from the Washington Nationals. Then they become buyers. They get Eric Miller, who's a huge lefty coming out of the bullpen that they needed to compliment a role as Chapman, who's obviously also a lefty, but he's their closer. Marcelo Meyer goes to San Francisco. Good riddance. That was never going to work in Boston. Obviously. They get Adleie Rutchman, who is on the IL, but they think he can certainly pay dividends. And you know, towards the end of the regular season into the postseason, they are a very scary team right now because they don't know what they don't know, and this is a young team. They don't have a ton of postseason experience. It's an interim manager in Chad Tracy, but he has managed most of these guys in Triple A and they are scary. Season ends today, you don't want to play the Red Sox. But what is it going to look like in October? Because I don't think this is sustainable. This is the year for anybody in the American League guys, because the American League is so weak. If there is a team right now in the AL, I don't want to play, it's Boston. But what is it going to be like in two months. I'm not certain. I'm not certain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they might have just gotten hot at the right time or at the wrong time. Really turns out though, maybe Craig Breslo is right. Maybe Alex Korra and that coaching staff was the problem.
Speaker 5: It's not that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if that I don't know if that was the deal. But like, whatever they're on right now, bottle it up because it's been insane.
Speaker 4: My thoughts on you know the biggest threats right now, at least right now, every team.
Speaker 5: Feels like the biggest threat to the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: You know, your uncle's softball team, the Beer League Softball team that has you know, two championships in the last five seasons, which five seasons happened in one year. They are a threat to the Dodgers. But I'm gonna shout out the Braves because that is a team I shot on in the off season when all the prognosticators were saying the Atlanta Braves, they're gonna be a good team, just just give them time. And then they open the season middling as we pop up their stats and their offense offense here and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Not I mean, probably better than middling. They were a solid team.
Speaker 4: They had a bit of the middle part of the spring where spring into summer where they were playing down, not playing all that great. But you know, once again, they find a way to be at the top of the the NL East. They're ahead of the Phillies, who Philly is always a team that brings some fear, strikes some fear into Dodgers fans, even though we know they're going to find a way to beat themselves, so they're not as much of a worry, but we it feels like, you know, baseball has been sort of longing for this, this final. You know, repeat matchup between the Dodgers and the Braves if that ends up happening in the NLCS. Finally, you know, the figure out tipping the scales in the Dodgers favor because Dodgers beat them, and to twenty twenty, you know, coming back down three to one, and then of course Dodgers fall apart up to including Justin Turner's hamstring just falling off in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Max Shears are being like, I don't want to pitch all of that kind of crap.
Speaker 4: If things are lining up that way, Brewers are going to Brewer. But watch out apparently for them Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'd never count out Alexanthopolis. I don't count out Walt Weiss. I didn't count out Brian Snicker when he was there.
Speaker 1: I should.
Speaker 3: I didn't even count out you know, anybody, anyone that's been a manager of all the way back to Bobby Cok's. I've never counted anybody out there. So the Braves are dangerous. They always have been, and Alexanthopolis tends to perennially figure things out at the trade deadline, We'll see where they go. The Phillies Kittie I would like to know your opinion on that. This is a team I've always been a little bit weary of because they just seem to have it on all sides. I mean, obviously, Christopher Sanchez is the headliner of their starting rotation fourteen wins already, he went on unbelievable scoreless streak. Did not get to the Bulldog streak, but an unbelievable scoreless streak. And this is this is a very solid team. They obviously added Luisa Rise, they added some other peace. Bryce Harper is now back in the outfield, and so they had to completely shift their infield dynamic. How much do they concern you if at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was weird to me.
Speaker 2: I love the pickup of a Rise, So he was having a heck of a season in San Francisco and he's going to go out and provide a jolt to that lineup. But it was a little jarring to see Bryce Harper back in right fields as like.
Speaker 1: I was like, what year are we in? But if it works for them, sure, why not the Phillies.
Speaker 2: As we know, when you get to the postseason, especially those shorter series in the beginning, it's just all about what your rotation looks like and they got a pretty crazy combo right now, Wheeler, Sanchez and Lozardo, and that's a threesome.
Speaker 1: That you don't really want to see.
Speaker 2: Even for as good as the Dodger rotation is, any lineup, they don't want to see that. So the Phillies are dangerous simply because they can pitch. They also have the slug, they have Schwarber, they have Harper. Obviously they play some competitive ball. But I can't help but feeling less than very underwhelmed watching the fundamentals of their play. And that series is a big part of the All Star Break because and we saw it. The Dodgers are such a good team I know, we're a little upset with them right now. They are capitalizing on mistakes that teams make. Because physical mistakes happened in the game. That's just baseball, even the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: This happens.
Speaker 2: But they rarely, rarely make mental mistakes like on the base pass, going to the wrong base, missing your cut, all of those things that we've seen teams like the Phillies do. The Yankees do that just not very fundamentally sound. So you can go out and have really great pitching but the second that you make a single mistake, the Dodgers are going to capitalize on it, and they know that.
Speaker 1: They are so dangerous.
Speaker 2: The way I know it was a couple of weeks ago, but the way that Max Munsey and Tommy Edmund Nukie Betts responded to that base running blunder that ended the game in Philadelphia was a like, yeah, we're gonna do that. We're good at this, and it was just kind of knowing it. And then I say, in a cocky way out of respect, they just are so good at finding those mistakes.
Speaker 1: And capitalizing on them and making sure the other team suffers.
Speaker 2: You see, whether it was the Yankees in the World Series of twenty four, or the Blue Jays last year, or the Phillies in last year's DS pitch gives them a notch in the positives calum for me. But I think the fundamentals no matter who you especially with guys kind of all over the outbuild and build defensively. Now that brings some questions into me. I still think it's the Cubs, But at the end of the day, the Dodgers are still the front runners. I'm not worried about the six game skid. They're going to be just fine comes September. But it is fun to kind of play around and see what teams look better after the deadline.
Speaker 1: For me, it's still the Cubs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dodgers always find a way to take advantage or capitalize when the other team makes like their own offensive mistakes. Now when they're walking a bunch of dudes, they don't necessarily know how to always capitalize on that kind of stuff, hence the lack of scoring of late. But yeah, things are going to get better. We'll worry about all those teams in a couple of months from now. We got a little bit more DT coming up. Before we throw to another break, I'm going to tell you, going to remind you guys actually sign up for our YouTube members. We put our heads together and we have a happy hour date on the calendar.
Speaker 5: We're looking at Monday.
Speaker 4: August thirty first, probably a four pm Pacific time happy hour, and to be a part of that, you have to be a YouTube member here three nine nine a month.
Speaker 5: Gets you things, gets you badges, all that kind of stuff. It gets you.
Speaker 4: It gets you things, gets you access or a discount in the store, and all that kind of stuff. But more importantly, it lets you hang out with us as we drink during the afternoon Arelana's evening and make asses out of ourselves more than we have so.
Speaker 1: Far today, I mean, hasn't done it already.
Speaker 5: So there's that. And here's this from our friends of.
Speaker 6: Fel For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Tod Father take it away.
Speaker 7: If you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been home schooled. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 6: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve pirate schools can help your child Thrive this year and beyond enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul K twelve dot com slash foul K twelve serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, I want to let you know that we have a live auction going on right now the First Place. Milwaukee Brewers are heading to the First Place, Los Angeles Dodgers Friday, August fourteenth, the first game of a three game set. We have an auction with four field level tickets and free parking courtesy of Anita Olsen, massive Dodger fan and massive supporter of Gidri's Guardian Foundation. You can go to the thirty two auctions dot com slash Brewers, because that's who the Dodgers are hosting. You can create a free account and bid right now. The bidding is at three fifty, which is eighty seven to fifty a ticket, which is nothing for field level tickets and free parking. Every single cent goes to dogs in need for Gidry's Guardian. So again, go to thirty two auctions dot com slash Brewers and the bidding ends tomorrow, so get your bids in today. Appreciate you guys letting me talk about that baseball thoughts for the road National League MVP. We always assume Katie Wu that's going to be show Heyo tany just because he is the best in the game. But Pete Crow Armstrong PCA of the Chicago Cubs making a statement for that award, what say you?
Speaker 2: That was fun yesterday kind of watching them go toe to toe with both with two homer games, even the first inning show he is like, I'll have a lead off homer, and PCAs like, I'll do that too, And he was talking to Dino was talking to some Cubs media who would relaying me the story was like, you know, Dino was giving him a playfully hard time about taking a day off from center field and DHG and even though PCA is.
Speaker 1: Out there in center field almost every day.
Speaker 2: And PCA, with the same wit, came back and said, okay, yeo, Tawny took seven pitches to homer, but I took one and that and I know it's probably a less fun because of how the Dodgers been playing this last week if you're a Dodgers fan, But this is a race.
Speaker 1: It's going to be really.
Speaker 2: Exciting to watch over the final two months of the season because it's Otwnie's award to lose every year. And I will say, if he was pitching again, this is much less of a race to me. And there are some questions as if he'll come and go back, if I'll return of the mound. I know the Dodgers have said that they believe he will. O'tani said that he believes he will. Can we believe the Dodgers when it comes with injuries.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But if Otani cannot pitch again in the regular season, his value becomes so so focused obviously on what he can do at the plate. Whereas PCA is playing an elite defensive position in center field and putting up crazy offensive numbers, he's swiping a lot of basses. Otani, of course, has pretty much been and neutralized as as a base dealer of both to keep him healthy when he was doing two way duties and now with that leftni soreness, there's no way he should be stealing bases. So for me, this is a question of if Otani can work his way back up to returning in September it's still not a set date from when he's going to start playing catch again. We just talked to him yesterday, said he's still working on it, doesn't want to rush it.
Speaker 1: I'd get it. I completely understand.
Speaker 2: But come September, if if this is a race where it's PCA versus Hit or only show, hey Otani, it's going to be really tight. It already is, and I think this is something that both managers have talked to. Dave Roberts has said, I haven't really been paying attention to the race, but I haven't paid attention to PCA having a tremendous season.
Speaker 1: And for me, I voted for the MVP once.
Speaker 3: Now in my.
Speaker 2: Career, I'm paying attention to what players do on postseason teams because it's the most valuable player in my opinion, and the most valuable players played for teams that are going to go out and compete for the World Series.
Speaker 1: That also applies to the Cups. Obviously applies to the Dodgers every year.
Speaker 2: But for PCA and Otanni this is just fun to work because he's been the unanimously GUNVP the last four years, So why not spice it up a little bit?
Speaker 1: Unless you see where it goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's good for baseball, definitely, show Hey, fatigue is going to play a big factor in it. On top of the numbers not being just insane, they're really really, really good.
Speaker 5: They are MVP numbers.
Speaker 4: Uh when you add in the fact that he is what is it eight and two on the mountain and all that kind of stuff, e ra under two. But PCA is having a good year. He has a lot of uh I guess headlines, some good, some bad on his side. And again it's gonna come down to media just being tired of show Heo Tani or more so wanting something different.
Speaker 5: Grass is green.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, if if there's a year that PCA could do it, it's now because shoes not fitting out. So if if there's if there's a chance to knock off the King, this probably is the year, unless, to Katie's point, he starts pitching soon and does it for the remainder of the regular season. And I mean, as it stands, both teams are in the postseas and so we'll see how goes all.
Speaker 5: Right, A couple of quick things sorry.
Speaker 2: With the offense when show A one and twenty four without pitching he had ungodly offensive numbers. Those have taken an expected dip given his two way duties in the first half. That's crazy. He has like a nine to thirty plus ops and he has twenty six homers, and these are all numbers that we should be excited about.
Speaker 1: But because it's O.
Speaker 2: Tawni, we can point out that those are less than halfway to his league or hit to his season totals in twenty four and twenty five, So it's not like and again understandably so the offense is the superhuman numbers that we saw the last two seasons.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a fun race and it'll ultimately come down to if Otani comes back and pitches this year.
Speaker 3: What have you done for us lately?
Speaker 5: Otani fingers crossed listen. Even if he doesn't win it, alls I care about is winning a World Series.
Speaker 4: Like I said, we've got a couple more things real quick to get out before we do get out of here.
Speaker 5: So we got some super chats.
Speaker 4: Nancy Brown our friend chiming in five bucks in the superchat saying this is the annual late summer losing streak that it is also two dollars from Nancy asked, is Hessong Kim in witness protection program? No, he's been bad. He's been really really bad at Triple A. He's hitting like under a buck eighty right now, Like he almost weighs more than his batting average of late.
Speaker 5: So it's it's tough.
Speaker 4: It's tough for all the people who thought Hessong Kim was gonna be like Hessong him.
Speaker 5: Might not be a thing. It just might not be a thing.
Speaker 4: And everybody's gonna be like, Oh, this guy's an asshole, this piece of shit, he's a racist.
Speaker 5: No, looking at the fucking.
Speaker 4: Numbers, he's not good, and he's doing this at Triple A notorious hitters league. I digress speaking of digressing Richie Flores speaking also of of of Katie's skin chie, Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit of how the DT has made.
Speaker 4: But fort nine nine from our friend Richie Flores, who's actually been very good, not being a creep. He says, we think Will Smith will be healthy and hitting over three hundred and September is a true reality, Sainscerely The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. And then he's talking about my other show, our voicemails have been sent out to die. We might get them back at some point, maybe this Saturday. Ricci and finally Paulie in the chat Latino Slant five Bucks want to know our top Dodgers concern from each.
Speaker 5: Of you for the last two months.
Speaker 3: What do you got catching? Catching? Dalton rushing on the il for god knows how long will Smith? When are you coming back? No disrespect to Hunter Fiducia and Ben catching. Yeah, that's my that's my biggest concern with this team right now. Catching in the postseason, not catching the rest of the way. But what is what is our catching tandem? Are we We're probably not catching, We're not probably holy moly, we're probably not carrying three catchers in the post season. So what does our catching tandem look like come October? That's my biggest concern. Katie, what is yours?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna write off that a lot of them. That's that's my same concern too.
Speaker 2: We talked to Dave Roberts about what to expect, and it's just from from Ben for Ben Wartvett and Hunter Producia to catch the ball, game plan and keep your pictures on track. They're going to hit ninth every day. Any offensive production, Dave Roberts said, is a bonus. That's not really what you want overall offensive production of the team, but it's a situation that they're in. This was kind of, for once for the Dodgers, a scramble mode to get two catchers back.
Speaker 1: We don't know what is going to look like.
Speaker 2: He has been on the field, taking participating in baseball activities. As fob and aar Dia noted, we have not been able to really interact with him, but he was able to turn his neck and decline a media request in our direction.
Speaker 1: So the next week.
Speaker 2: End of the show, Will Smith, And you know, I do think that this is going to be a big concern until we have clarity about Will Smith.
Speaker 1: But Dodger data back, Dodge DA back.
Speaker 2: Bron Turber, and they to Richie's point, to Richie's point, they need him back at least midway through September so we can get acclimated to playing MLB ball again.
Speaker 3: I adore you with the level that I can't even describe the.
Speaker 2: I also wrote that you put that in pretty much I thought was hlarious.
Speaker 5: My thing, My thing is bullpen. I need to see it. Get back on track.
Speaker 4: They had an ERA or over five for like the last month they've been asked, it's been.
Speaker 3: Terrible, and they've been terrible in July, and Edwin hasn't been what we've needed yet. But again, you never know what the heck you're going to get when guys come off the AO.
Speaker 4: So hey, as we sign off early, Happy birthday to Alana. We won't be live on Saturday, but Alana will be live and drunk in her house protectingly right.
Speaker 3: So if I'm going to I'm going to like a blue Hair special because I'm old af I'm going to a five point fifteen dinner in Boston, DA.
Speaker 1: You're not dinner.
Speaker 2: We need we need a video of a shot of you pre gaming the dinner for our group, Chap.
Speaker 1: Please think you sure I can do that. I can do that.
Speaker 3: I will pre game. It'll just be early. I'll be in bed before the first pitch is even thrown. But it's fine. Don't worry about me.
Speaker 5: If you guys, if.
Speaker 4: You guys want to give a donate or sorry, if you guys want to give her a birthday, go give it a a donation over at gidrees Guardian dot org. That's the best way to uh say Happy birthday to Alana like I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: Anyways, all Right, we'll see you on Monday. Okay.
Speaker 4: Bye,