Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brigan Jeffrey and we've got your brand new.
Speaker 2: Awkward Tuesday because today's Tuesday. So yay, Welcome to the Second Date podcast.
Speaker 1: A lot of response.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on the guy who likes to fight Facebook.
Speaker 1: Trolls in real life. You know what were people saying about yesterday's episode.
Speaker 3: One person said, in Texas, you can legally challenge someone to a fight and have a cop supervised the fight.
Speaker 4: I've heard that in other states too.
Speaker 3: Someone said, I mean, collecting old maps and throwing punches at Costco is not the hobby combination I was expecting.
Speaker 1: You know what, There's a lot of layers and how old is this boy?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 4: Really funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the things right.
Speaker 2: All right. We love seeing your feedback from these episodes, so please let us know what you think of today's Awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 1: The brand new one starts right now.
Speaker 4: It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Phone call.
Speaker 7: I googled stereotypical things men do in relationships that frustrate.
Speaker 1: Women Nicholas, it was still going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was pretty long, but some of the things that came up. One men get too philosophical during cuddle time, that's what it says.
Speaker 1: You the Internet. Google is Yes, catch up, soph cuddle man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we talked too much when we should just be in the moment. Apparently Number two they try to solve every.
Speaker 4: Problem their significant other has.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and would you look at that? A man is on the phone right now trying to solve a problem he's having with his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: He's doing the wrong thing already.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 7: His name's Vincent Vince. How does it feel to be just another stereotypical guy?
Speaker 5: Dang, that's quite the intro y.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 1: Do you like to have long, deep talks while cuddling too?
Speaker 5: I know, Jeff just kind of has a little bit of fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what the Google hast said. Maybe you're a different type of man, Vincent. So tell us because obviously you emailed us with an issue with your girlfriend. What's your girlfriend's name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Eliz, Liz Liz.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long have you guys been together?
Speaker 5: We've been together for about a year now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that's a nice spot.
Speaker 1: It is a good spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the issue that is happening with you and Liz?
Speaker 5: So I feel like over the past like months or so, she's been trying to tell me that she's pregnant, and I'm afraid that, like it's too late and I've blown it already.
Speaker 7: Whoa wa wa wait wait sorry, So you feel like she's been trying to drop hints to you that she is pregnant, like like what?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, there have been a number of things. But I remember I walked into the living room and she changed the TV channel to like House Hunters.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were going to say, and she was holding a pregnancy test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, He's like, wait a minute, I might be clueless, but I'm not that clueless.
Speaker 4: Okay, she put House Hunters on TV and what.
Speaker 5: And there's like a couple with a very little baby, and you know, they're in that house and they're like, oh, this space would be for a nursery. And this turns to me and she's like, that does look like a nice space for a nursery, doesn't it like the ideas that they have for a design? I think that would be really great talk about.
Speaker 2: N I love watching HG TV. You just comment on the spaces, you agree, you disagree, you dream a little bit Like that doesn't mean she's pregnant, and then Brooke.
Speaker 4: Buys the house most of the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't we don't really watch House Hunters. That's not like a thing that we do together.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, I'm kind of with Brooke on this one.
Speaker 7: Dude, I don't know if her putting on a TV show with a baby in it is a sign that she's just fun to talk about.
Speaker 5: Let me give you another one. Another day, she randomly, like out of the blue, comes up to me and says, what do you think of your name Grady for a guy? And I was like, I don't know. It kind of sounds like a perverse to me.
Speaker 7: I can see that, Well, why did you think that was a sign? And that she might be pregnant?
Speaker 5: She's thinking of like kids' names, like names for kids, is what I thought.
Speaker 2: I just want to know why she wouldn't just tell you if she was present.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering, like I could see I could.
Speaker 2: See wanting to like surprise you if you guys had been trying and you wanted to make a big announcement. But if it's a surprise for her, she's probably freaking out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my thought exactly. Is that maybe she's freaking out so much that she's like doesn't know how to tell me, and she's like been trying, but I haven't given her the inn. Like, there's also some other stuff that I've noticed. I don't know if you guys want to hear that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so far, we're a little medium on this idea.
Speaker 2: Either way, I like to know if your reaction is better than that sounds like a pervert.
Speaker 4: What else have you noticed?
Speaker 5: I guess she has like been complaining about clothes not fitting her rate recently, and I'm trying to be like supportive and I'm not fixated on that, but just like in retrospect, I'm like, oh, yeah, she has mentioned that a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Okay, she was showing when you see it because you sleep.
Speaker 1: With her, Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 4: They sleep together, and.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of time. I don't know, but I'll say.
Speaker 2: I'll say, like your first pregnancy, you don't really start showing until the second trimemester.
Speaker 1: You just look bloated.
Speaker 4: So she's saying her clothes don't seem to fit.
Speaker 5: Right, yep. Also, like the last three weeks or so, she's been eating foods that I have never seen her eat before.
Speaker 4: Oh, like pregnancy craving type thing, like like.
Speaker 5: What you know how some people are crazy about bacon. She's not. But the last three weeks she's been like, I need bacon right now.
Speaker 4: She could just have the munchies as well.
Speaker 3: In her deffeenct, I feel like you should have done the opposite, been like you want to get sushi?
Speaker 1: She says, no. Off you guys, why haven't you just asked her what's going on?
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to slot out asked, like, hey, are you pregnant?
Speaker 7: By the way, I understand you're you're trying to be sensitive about this because if she's not, this would be a terrible conversation.
Speaker 4: Exactly doing this huge surprise. You don't want to ruin it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in a real tricky situation. That's why I'm here looking for some help.
Speaker 7: Okay, So what what advice specifically do you want to get from us?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I want to know, like if it's a good idea to say something, I want to give her the space to say it. And I figured, like, if it is a nice surprise, I do think she'd be like into the idea of like celebrating it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, celebration, just to be three thousand percent positive.
Speaker 1: You are going to be excited if this is the case.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yes, I mean I'll be freaked out, but like in a good way.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I should make sure I'm not setting them up for him to be like yeah right.
Speaker 5: He just hangs up.
Speaker 4: We're like, what the heck?
Speaker 7: Even if you're not actually excited, just sound excited when you talk.
Speaker 5: To her after the that's probably good advice.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll come back.
Speaker 7: We'll give you our official advice and then let you call your possibly pregnant girlfriend and say yay.
Speaker 4: Or something yay.
Speaker 1: Well find out if she's pregnant.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, well we'll find out and then say, yeah, give me that baby.
Speaker 4: We'll do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Brook.
Speaker 7: The first time you got pregnant, how long did it take your husband Michael to notice?
Speaker 4: Three four years?
Speaker 7: He was like, why do I hear tiny cries and screams coming from our spare bedroom every night?
Speaker 4: The hospital?
Speaker 1: Dang it? I forgot to tell him.
Speaker 7: So let's give our listener Vince a little bit of credit. It only took him a month to catch on to his girlfriend's pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Possible, we won't.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, we're not sure.
Speaker 7: He has been noticing that she's acting a little different because there's been a few clues, maybe some hints she's been dropping that he originally missed. Vince, real quick tell our audience, if they're just joining us, what those hints were.
Speaker 5: So she mentioned some about a nursery, I liked a certain boy's name, and then she she mentioned that she felt like she was gaining weight.
Speaker 1: It's good to really reiterate how she mentioned that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeahs So overall, you're looking for advice on how to make this call and give her basically a platform to be able to openly tell you that she's pregnant if that is the case.
Speaker 4: So, Brooke, what's your advice for him?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I think you follow her lead.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: She's been dropping all these hints and you need to do the same. So like, okay, for instance, you tell her like, oh my god, I was driving by a park the other day and I saw this father playing catch with this kid, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I can't wait for that to be.
Speaker 2: Me oo, and then that gives her an opening and she's like, you don't have to wait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can try to drop a few hints for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, there's some positive advice there, Jose. What do you think as a guy.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter, brother, if you did something wrong or did something right, or if you missed a bunch of pregnancy signs or hints.
Speaker 4: Just apologize, no reason at all, all right?
Speaker 7: Be sincere do it multiple times and it always works, like watch this, Hey, Brook, Yeah, I'm so sorry about earlier.
Speaker 4: I'm really apologize for all those things that I did this morning. What did you do? Doesn't matter? That covers me for like three hours.
Speaker 1: Now, she's gonna be He's not mad.
Speaker 4: Brooke, She's a woman. She's always mad about something. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You actually should apologize for this, bro I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry you have to witness I am so sorry. We finally wanted to go dumb advice. Maybe take it if it's making her mad. Just a little bit of an apology I don't think would hurt. But it's up to you. Dude.
Speaker 7: We're gonna dial your girlfriend's number right now and let you talk to her.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, thank you, yeah, thank you guys. Sorry, I was.
Speaker 4: A good start. Good save it for your girlfriend. I'm gonna die number right now. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, what's up? Yeah, just a normal day here, chicking in.
Speaker 6: Okay, is everything okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah for sure. I was just out for like a driving in the work day and I like passed by this park and I saw this this like father and son and they were playing cash. It was like so so cute, so cute, and I was just like, wow, that kid was like so bad or whatever, you know what I mean. I couldn't catch the ball, but was like that's a sweet man. I'm like, you know, why why are you talking so fast?
Speaker 6: Is something wrong?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: It just made me think, like I just wanted to apologize and say that, like I may you haven't been as like attentive recently to your needs or what do you remember? Just like I obviously I've had my mind on work recently, like it's a super busy time. So I wanted to just like let you know that I I love you and I'm sorry if I like haven't been the way that about. I feel like like a little while ago you were trying to tell me something important and I maybe was not hearing what you were saying, and I'm trying to hear today. No. No, I'm just trying to say I want to be a better listener because I obviously I'm not like talking over myself right now, and that that's something that I'm trying to work on and I want to be here to listen to you.
Speaker 6: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm just going to be like straight away that I feel like I'm the more I talk to the more I'm being weird. So I think I just got to get to the point. I feel like you've been dropping hints that you're pregnant, and I've been a total moron about it, not hearing you. Am I right, I'm not pregnant, You're not. God? No, no, Well, why what's with all the like you've talked about your clothes not fitting and like you're eating all the bacon and she's taking stuff and I wait, wait, wait, wait, what's going on? Is it something dire? I don't understand.
Speaker 6: I have to gain fifteen pounds in order to be eligible to get a BBL.
Speaker 2: What BL You're too small for a bb A button implant?
Speaker 6: What is going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we want to know.
Speaker 7: We this doesn't feel like the right time to join this conversation, but we do need to let you know, Liz that you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh no, Yeah, why would you not tell me this?
Speaker 2: Why would you tell him You're going to get a bblah recovery process, need to help.
Speaker 6: I was going to tell you, but like that's why we're going on the girls trip because it's out of the country.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to get it down there.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I hold on.
Speaker 6: I had a consultation with the doctor. They said that everything's good, but I just need more body fat. So no, everything will be safe. And that's why I've been eating more and that's why my clothes don't fit.
Speaker 7: Okay, So so I just but both before you go on any further list, I just want to be sure because this is kind of a health thing. I want to just make sure you're okay talking about that publicly with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah the radio right now? Is that cool?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, definitely. I'm excited for it.
Speaker 2: So if you're excited for it, why haven't you told your boyfriend I.
Speaker 6: Kind of wanted to come back and like have this new body and Vince be super excited about it, and and it's expensive, so I kind of wanted to for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who else would?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: That was your opportunity to say, I'm excited about your body now now, yes, beautiful, now you need.
Speaker 7: To do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure that's what he wants to say. Deep down?
Speaker 1: Are you paid for it?
Speaker 5: I'm excited for you if it's something that you feel like will make you happier. But I yeah, I mean I'm kind of glad that you didn't feel like you were doing it for me, you know, like you don't need to do it for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean she didn't consult him, so I think, yeah, definitely for her. She's doing it for herself.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know how to tell you that. I mean, I've always wanted to do that, and sometimes people are judging about it, and I, you know, I have to do what's right for me, and this is what I want to do and I definitely and I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the nursery part wasn't a hint?
Speaker 5: No, And what about the name Grady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he mentioned that a few months ago.
Speaker 7: You brought up the name Brady and you asked him and he didn't have a very good review.
Speaker 6: So we were watching a show and there was a great on the show. Oh that's the only reason why.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: There was no hidden messaging there.
Speaker 6: Okay, Oh no, I mean I would name a baby that, but I'm not going to now said it's a pervy name.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so you still can imagine yourself having kids someday with him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, someday, not anytime soon, but I would love that love I love you.
Speaker 4: The recovery time from a BBO, I'm sure would delay that for a few months at least. Yeah, yeah, a few years. Sorry.
Speaker 7: Clearly, my female co hosts are very knowledgeable about it and have researched it deeply looked into it in all sorts of different countries.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gone to Columbia after one of my girlfriends got a surgery done.
Speaker 4: Okay, why do you put quotes around my girlfriend? Okay? Interesting?
Speaker 7: Vince, Clearly this call did not go the way that we expected it to go. But do you feel like you are in a better place mentally at the end of it.
Speaker 5: Are you excited even I'm not excited to not be a dad, but I am excited did that she's doing something for herself? And I'm excited that I didn't misread the moment.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 6: Moment freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: I think maybe the most shocking and kind of funny part of that entire call was after she explained the whole situation of what she's doing and why she wants it. The first thing Vince says is so are you gonna be paying for.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Was like the worst thing he possibly said in that moment.
Speaker 4: I mean, typical guy, just how a dude thinks.
Speaker 1: I guess is that how you guys think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just saying we don't think logically the way that that most people.
Speaker 4: We don't know who we think.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, it means I will say, it is nice to hear from a super supportive boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Though I wonder if.
Speaker 2: He's gonna throw her a butt shower, new underwear, new shorts, new cushions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like pregnancy, she's gonna be a that for a little bit.
Speaker 7: I mean, did it sounded all though like he was maybe a little disappointed? He wasn't going to be a dad.
Speaker 4: There's actually hard of me.
Speaker 1: That part was sweet. Yeah, it'll be a good dad someday.
Speaker 7: Someday, Yeah, nowhere in the near future. So you keep holding on and enjoy that BBL when it comes, I guess. But if you ever need help with your personal life, if you're in a relationship like this or just anything going on, we can try and be of help to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Email the show will give you some advice to help you make an awkward call. Don't forget to hit that subscribe button.