Speaker 1: I think it's important for men and women to understand that men don't only think about themselves when it comes to sex. I get her right to where she edges. Then I beat that thing up. And then when I'm beating that thing up getting what I want, and I know that I'm about to that's when I stopped. That's why y'all got and I put her back on her back and I say, baby, hold this one more time, and then I just what's up?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Is your girl lex p And it's your girl's writing a call?
Speaker 2: And you are tuned in to another episode of Poor Mine, where a drunk mind speaks for thought. You gotta guess, we gotta guess, Saday. So, first of all, y'all have been asking us to have this person on the blowing up our messages. So we have the one and only author, actor, producer, award winning podcast host, husband, father.
Speaker 4: And come on, come onlaying the hell of it all right, come on one and the only.
Speaker 2: Thank you happy to have you on the show that I'm not gonna lie to you. I have had some heavy hitters on this couch, right. Yes, that was probably the longest intro I've had to do. You have done a lot. I want to start from the beginning. So you know the girls, we love. We love a good athlete. Now we're gonna start back in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Then, Okay, okay, okay, let's do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: So talk about like your your football career and like how that got started and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: So the funny thing is first and foremost, I love y'all. Thank you, like I'm excited. If you can't tell the bee, I've been smiling since I walked in here, curious. I was introduced to y'all last year when you'll introduced Crystal.
Speaker 2: I love Crystal so ever since then, I just yes, we love you for y'all.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I knew because I knew y'all be on the fashion. You know what I'm saying, So let me make sure you show up a little bit. We're trying to do a little one too. Period. But no football to me was a means to an end. People don't understand this. As a young black man growing up in Brooklyn, I always wanted to be in the arts. The first movie I ever saw in my life was Boys in the Hood. It was nineteen eighty nine. My father bootlegged it. My bad group, I'm telling your business legged it, but that he showed it in the living room. He had a group, a men's group called the Junior Layman, and there was a bunch of young black men watching Boys in the Hood. I was five. I walked in my pops, like, you want to watch? She sat me right here and I watched all of these young men be captivated of what they saw on TV. And I said, I want to do that. But this is Brooklyn in the nineties. How many how many young black men you know, walking around saying the artists? Homophobia was in the nineties, So it was like, yeah, what am I going to do to show people I'm tough?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm so?
Speaker 1: I played sports. I played sports. I danced. I did a brook up. I don't know if you know, but the brook up is a Caribbean dance. You said you've seen the shoulder, so the brook up is a dance, right, yeah, you see your laughing because you ain't know what the broke up was. I'm not this. I'm this. I've been doing this. I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I used to dance. I used to be out in the streets trying to entertain people. But I knew I had to make money, so I was like, I'm gonna make money. And I was like sports.
Speaker 3: So wait, I know your wife is Caribbean. Are you Caribbean too?
Speaker 1: No, I'm Caribbean by relation, not my birth. Come on, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So you know what. My wife's Jamaican and Jamaican vincension. So I adopted that culture. But I've always been big in Caribbean culture. Coming from Boklands. Yeah, I just knew that they had to find my way out of New York. I never wanted to spend my whole life in Brooklyn. Sports came easy to me because I was fast, I was athletics, so I said, I'm going to play sports. I was going to play basketball. I was like, I'm gonna be about six five, that's what. And then when you go to the doctor, right, you know, the doctor told you I'm looking at your phone, your growth places you're about six or five. Buddy, I stopped growing and I said, you know what I think football is it? Yeah, I'm not told enough to play basketball. Went and got my degree and said I'm gonna focus on TV afterwards. It was that simple. What was a means to an end. I enjoyed it. The NFL was great to me. I made a lot of money that I wouldn't have been able to make. But it was just the plan to get me the TV film because.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't have that, and I hate to see the story of like athletes when they leave the NFL and they just don't know what to do. They I mean, they try to make the transition as you've made. A lot of them try to go to like TV doing sports casting, but as you know, it's hard to talk on camera.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not easy. And the funny thing is, I thought I was gonna go into broadcasting first too. I got my degree in broadcast journalism. Yeah, but that's why I knew that y'all was good because we went to school for this week season.
Speaker 2: But that's why y'all good at what Yeah, Barbara Walker's shaking for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay. The funny thing is, no one to see. No one wanted to see y'all coming like this, just the way y'all dressed, looking, the way y'all look y'all not supposed to be able to do what y'all do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: So the fact that y'all are doing is please give yourself a round of a plank you and shout out that you had degrees. Because people think that having degrees is pointless. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it depends on what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think it depends on what you want to do. But the things that I love about people who have degrees, I think it just says that, like, you finished what you started.
Speaker 1: You saw something through completely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And as a businessman, that's important. All the people I go into business with are going to business people who I've seen do things through completely, right, because that means you had to do something you didn't want to do to see it all the way through it. That's life. So you know, I started off broadcasting. I worked for MSG Varsity doing games and yes, why did you because they wanted me to say what they wanted me to say.
Speaker 3: Ooh, and that's what I was going to say. Because radio.
Speaker 1: We hated it because they said, you can't say it was certain.
Speaker 3: We just couldn't be our authentic selves the way that we can on these couch and I mean it's cool, you know what I mean, shout out to the people that do radio, Kudos to them. I just don't think it was it was for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually started off doing hard news. I used to have an internship at my college at TSU, so I would wake up at five o'clock in the morning, go to the radio station. I'm reporting on all this stuff like kids getting kidnapped, house and higher. I'm like, this is depressing, ain't it. Oh my god? It was so hard, and I was like, I don't want to do this. And then I kind of got into like doing like entertainment news and I'm like, you know what, I just want to talk shit and.
Speaker 1: You have for those I don't like. I don't like the breaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like how you have to do you know how you have to do so many posies and breaks when you do radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 3: Like on this show, you know, we just talk freely. It's no breaks, it's it's not edited, it's not altered. I think that you have to do that. Well, we know you have to do that. It comes to like radio and broadcasting. Podcasting is the evolution of medium.
Speaker 1: It really is, you know, and it's going to become, like I think it's going to become the main set of where people consume all of their information.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you. I I think it is now though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot.
Speaker 2: Of times when you are hearing people have authentic conversations and you're not hearing somebody like, oh, I have to ask this question, like we have talking points, but we're gonna get off topic, and you go like, oh, this is how this person feels about X Y Z. Oh I really like them. Oh you know what, I didn't really like that they were doing, But now that I know them, I want to support everything that they need absolutely, So it could be good for you or bad. So that's what I want to talk about too.
Speaker 3: You getting into podcasting, yes, yes, How did they come about?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: My beautiful wife Kadin, very similar to you guys, went to school for broadcast journalism. She wanted to do hard news. She did hoghtra news and views. She worked at the radio station and she hated it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when when I retired from the NFL at this point she was having our first child, I felt bad as a man that I was just like man like. She has her own dreams. She always has to stop doing her dreams we continue to have children. So I was like, well, I can't even take credit for this. Our manager at the time, Donor Donor Opinion shout out to do Nora because her vision for what she saw for us was huge and we wouldn't be who we were if it wasn't for Yeah, she got an opportunity from Stitcher, and Stitch was like, hey, the volen Kadeen do all these videos about Battle of the Sexist and it's money. Have they ever thought about the podcast? And Donor came to us and explained what the podcast was. I had never heard of a podcast, and I was like, wait a minute, babe. We could do the podcast from home, we could do the podcast from anywhere, but you'll get an opportunity to continue to work and do what you do in your field without having to pause every time you get pregnant. So I was like, let's focus on the podcast and build that out so that we can ultimately get to your goal of being a daytime TV show host. And she was like, bet, let's do it, and we started it and now we're fifteen seasons later and amazing.
Speaker 2: That is because being in this field too. You know how many times we've seen people start it because they used to be like, oh, I can do this if they do, and then they started and then they quit.
Speaker 1: Of course that it's not as easy as it was. Well, nothing is easy. That's worth having. And the problem with most people, especially in this generation, is they want instant gratification. I was doing videos for years before any one of my videos got traction to go viral, and then once it went viral, that's when people say, oh my gosh, the value doing this? I said, well, where were y'all years ago when I had twenty six people viewing my videos and I was still making videos. I'm editing videos and putting pictures up and you see three likes that oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know, listeners, girl, what are you screaming for?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody watching it?
Speaker 2: Watching?
Speaker 1: But we kept going on. You know who gave me the biggest tip? Pause about just saying I got a pause that you can say somebody gave me a big tipping and I don't puuse there.
Speaker 2: You felt how he gave me a big tip tool?
Speaker 1: You felt that moved? Did you pull no more?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: Okay, tip, I can't even tell this story now, especially in this climate. But I worked as Amari Hardwick's a stunt double. I see three years you see it, right, I was. I had to suit on everything, walking through truth. You know what I'm saying. Okay. My first speaking role in television was when I played Ghosts and I had to curse Timmy out. Y'all might remember this, The fuck you looking at? You see that? I said that to tim me in jail. But it was a ghost.
Speaker 2: It was me, it was you, it was But why did he need a double for that? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 1: Like back walking through truth? Well so this is what So this is what happened. All right, this You're not gonna shame me from my role.
Speaker 3: I'm playing with y'all to ask trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: The role didn't start out as a double. The role started with season two, I believe episode nine. Tommy had went to jail and he's in jail and he sees a guy who looks like ghosts, and then he goes to him. He's like a ghost, a ghost, And then I turn around and I say, the fuck you looking at And then he realized, wait a minute, that's it, that's not ghost I got to watch that episode. Right after that episode is when the producers just like, yo, you look and your body type is a lot like Omari, right, And he was like, how are you interested in being his stunt double? So my thing was just like you nigga be walking around and what the fuck does he need a stunt double for? But I do it okay, because I wanted to learn. I want to see what it's like a leading man in the drama, the number one drama on all the television. So I'm doing that. And years before that, I had did fifty cents funeral video. I played Remo. So one thing about fifty cent, y'all gotta notice fifty cent remembers everyone who's been around really he does, because I mean he's from Queens. I'm from Brooklyn. I understand this, this type of environment. He from Queens, He's had beef his whole life. When people around you, you make sure you can recognize who's ane you. So I was around him all day shooting his video. Two years later, I go to do power and he looks at me like yo, I said Remo, and he's just like, Yo, what's good? Ge? Like people think fifty cent is like this hard guy who always he is, but he's also a businessman and a stud businessman. So me being a Brooklyn guy, it's the end of the night. It's like one thirty. Of course, I'm just the stunt double. Stunt doubles don't really do shit, you know. So fifty cents walking through the lobby. I see him. He's with a little PA, and I'm like, this is my chance. I'm gonna go holler at fifty. So i jump up. Everybody's quiet saying I'm like, fifty said, come through. I get up. He getting on the elevator. I go to get on the elevator. The PA puts his hand on my chest. I'm like, oh no, you're not use me me like you know me walked right through that right and then fifty was smirking, and I was like, yo, fake what up? So then when he started talking to to P was like, okay, I guess this is cool. So I said, yo, fifth man, you was in there real good. I was real comfortable. I was real cocause I'm like, this is my moment. This is a moment, you know what I'm saying. Walked in that bitch. I was like, Fifth, what up. He was like, what's up, my g and I was just like, yo, I like you, Yo, you're bully like me. I'm a bully. To see how I got on the elevator. So he started laughing and I was like, Yo, this is before BMMF was out. I said, y'all want to be on BMF. He was just like, Yo, we're gonna work. We're gonna work. Never got a chance, you know how that go. But what he did do, He's like, Yo, what else you got going on? He said, yo, come with me. I went with him to his dressing room. He looked at my social media because I told him the stuff I was working on. He saw my videos of my family before they ever went viral, and fifty cents said, Yo, this shit is hilarious. He said, Yo, you gotta keep doing this. He was like, let me tell you something. He was like, don't worry about the views. What you have here is a catalog of content, which means all you need is one video to go viral, and when people see that video, they're going to go back and see what other videos. And when they see that you do this, they'll follow you in their share because it's not a one hit wonder right. I was like, oh, he right, So that was June. That was June, I believe two thousand and sixteen, Okay, September. June. September twenty sixteen, Tyrol was born. I do a video goes viral. I had about one thousand videos, all of those videos now getting hundreds of thousands of views from that one video. First thing I thought was fifty was right. Yeah, he was right. And the thing is, I've never not on be in my but the information he gave me was more valuable than a role because he taught me how to build my own thing. So from this day, from this day forth, I always say, y'all always get fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to fifty cent.
Speaker 3: I feel like that resonates with us too, though, because it was kind of like the same thing when we went on eighty five South for the first time, Like that video got millions of views.
Speaker 2: It hit a million in a week, It.
Speaker 3: Hit a million in a week, and it just it trickled down and it makes people come back to all of our old videos and watch all of our old videos. And I remember on social media, we both gained like eighty thousand followers on our personal pages and the poor page like overnight it was crazy.
Speaker 1: That shows you the value of consistency. Yeah, which most people don't have. They want instant gratification. If they don't get it, they quick, But consistency means you do stuff when nobody's watching, then when people pay attention. You got a catalog that happened to y'all, that happened to me. And now look at y'all. Yeah, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And look at you.
Speaker 1: I'm grinding baby.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Is your girl? Xp Andy shag Garls are in the call. Y'all know every week we talk about getting your credit up. You can't do nothing in this world without having good credits. Yes, absolutely, and we kickoff.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is make on time payments and they report it to the credit bureaus and boom, you gotta hire credit.
Speaker 2: They have showed people to increase their score by up to twenty eight points in their first month. I don't know about you, but I need that me too. So what you're gonna do is go to get kickoff dot com, backslash Poor Minds and sign up today. Over one hundred thousand people have reviewed it and ninety eight percent of those reviews are five stars. So go to get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds today. Build your credit fast with Kickoff, the best credit building plan to jump start your credit. Get your first month for a dollar that's eighty percent off the normal price. When you can go to get kickoff dot com backslash poor minds today, that's Kickoff without the C. Get kikoff dot com slash poor minds must not be a get kick off dot com backslash poor minds. Activate offer off for ad PLA to new kick Off customers first my only subject to approval averagempact of twenty eight point increase in first month based on quo fax eventgy score three point oh changes for kick of customers with starting CREDITLO six hundred who made the first on time payment between January twent twenty one and March twenty twenty four. Payment and credit activity outside kickff and have an impact on your credit. Times and conditions may apply offer subject to change. Individual results may vary. But I want to talk about since we were talking about podcasting, cause we were speaking a little bit earlier and you were about to touch on cause we talk about the freedom that we have with podcasting OFTO comes with a little negativity because you can give your opinion, but a lot of times people are not gonna agree with it and they're gonna be dragging your age.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing, me and Dre are not strangers to drags, Like we are always getting drug about something understandable. So not understandable, but you're supposed to say, damn not my girl, No.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Well, I've been dragged. I've been dragged a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Talk about the time that you got dragged and you were just like, oh my god, why did I say this? Or you regretted it or something.
Speaker 1: Well, the first thing is I never regretted saying what I was saying. I got dragged because people have a difference of opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The first thing I will say that I've learned as an athlete is that people are not like you are not entitled to having everyone's admiration or agreement. You say something, people have the right to disagree with you. If they do, you can't take that as hate, you can't take that as negativity. It just is what it is. Because I think about it's a lot of people that I don't agree with So I'm like, you know what, when I put something out, I put it out there is art, and I say, regardless of what people say, this is my truth. The problem with most people is is they don't speak their truth. What they do is they say something thinking and everyone's going to agree even if it ain't their truth. Like and then when people don't agree, they get mad. When you speak your truth, you can't get mad if people don't agree. That's my truth. Whether you agree with it or not, it's still my truth. And I'm unapologetic about it.
Speaker 2: So you be standing on bing this when you say stuff and they don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I still don't listen the podcast. I got dragged for the most. They tried to cancel Your Boy. We were talking about monogamy and I was speaking about how I felt as a man. That is unfair for a woman to say, hey, I want you to be monogamous with me, but only monogamous with me when I want you to be monogamous with me if you want to have sex and I'm not ready then And I was like, that's kind of unfair if it's supposed to be a partnership when I want to have sex, or when you want to have sex, at least have a discussion about it. It can't just always be when you want it. And some women dragged me was just like, it's my body, you can't tell me when. And I say, you know what, if that's how you feel, If what I said made you feel that way, then that's how it made you feel. I'm not gonna argue you down. Your perspective dictates the fact that that made you trigger it in a way.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of times people get so wrapped up in people's opinions because they created this version of you in their head. So if they watch sisters or they watch the team and they like, oh my god, this man and they see you with your wife, so they're like, oh, I want a man like that. He's a good father, he's then so they create this image of you in their head, but they don't know you absolutely day. So when you say something that doesn't fit their narrative that they created, and they'd be ready to be up in arms and that because that happens a lot. I feel like a lot of times people tend to feel like, oh, that's so funny, she's so sweet, she's so nice, but I'm really like an introvert. I really don't like people as much. I really just kind of, you know, be doing my own things. So sometimes when I say things that people like, they'd be great to bring out the pitch for it, But I'm like, why are you so upset at? I think the biggest thing that shows people's ignorance is when you can't understand that not everybody thinks the same. I mean, an opinion is an opinion, Like, just because I say something and that's how I feel, it doesn't necessarily mean it's factual.
Speaker 1: Right, don't agree with me.
Speaker 3: It's okay for you not to agree with me, but it shouldn't have you up in arms because it's my opinion. You should be able to take a difference of opinion and go about your day.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I agree with you one thousand percent. But what we all have to understand is humans, is that social media is in a place where everyone has a prerequisite of being healed before they participate. R Yeah, So when you hear people's responses to your opinions, typically it's because they're going through something where your opinion triggers something that they're going through and if it made them feel a way and they want to spit fire at you, they have the right to do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it just be triggering that they a fucking hater.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, people just sometimes people be mean sometimes sitting there taking it out on you.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question that says more about them than you, Right, So why do you let that affect you?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't because I'm sensitive though everything gets to me.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, say my hair, my mail flex is a little more sensitive than I am. Sometimes I'm not gonna lie. For the most part, I let a lot of ship roll off my back. But sometimes people do say something. Every once in a while, I'm just like, oh, I gotta respond. I want to get to that point where I don't say Beyonce, we want to be beyond. I want to be Beyonce to the bullshit. I feel like I'm Rihanna.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, there's nothing wrong with being Rihanna or Beyonce. It just whatever allows you to have peace in your day. You know what I'm saying. If peace means today I'm about to clap back on this motherfucker, then today is a clap back day. You know what I'm saying if peace for me means that I'm going to ignore it and I want to be Beyonce for the day, then that's gonna be my piece for today. And the truth of the matter is, can't nobody tell you how you're supposed to respond to what people make you feel? That's that's That's one thing I've learned about each social media people in general. If I said something that made someone respond in a certain way, whether they was hate or whether it was this something like that person going through it, Oh well, if I felt like clapping back on somebody that day, I was going through it, Oh well.
Speaker 3: So you'll be clapping back sometimes, I don't. Okay, did you used to it?
Speaker 1: I used to, but I never clapped back in a way where I wanted to make someone feel small. I always tried to clap back in a way where I can educate someone on a different perspective. But even on that, I learned that some people don't want a different perspective. They want to exist in their own perspective. So I've learned to let people live. If you understand, if you understand history, and you understand the economy and the way the world works, you start to have empathy for people. Right, let's just listen to me.
Speaker 2: I'd be like you big big mother, I'll be.
Speaker 3: No, it's about It's so funny because we share obviously, we share the log ins for like all of our pages. I always be seeing the notifications when she go off on people, and.
Speaker 2: I be like, bro, every day every time we tell you to say that, who talking?
Speaker 1: Kay tail bitch? We said, big bag. The thing is, I get it through them because I feel sometimes I do feel like, how did you judge me and say things to me and not look at your life first? But I want you to consider this. Tell this, ninety nine percent of the world's wealth is controlled by one percent of the population. Yeah, which means ninety five percent of the population is not comfortable with where they are in their place in life, which means they're working in a job they don't like, they have a husband or a wife they don't like. They gotta but there's something going on every single day, and the only thing they have control over it's that social media. I can put a comment on here and I can fuck with Lex today, and you know what I'm gonna do today. I'm gonna talk to Lex today because if she responds to me, that's the only control I have. And when you give people that control, now they winning. Yeah, and now you've lost it because now all people going to talk about is how you responded to the person that nobody knows they know lex though, you know what I'm saying, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be ready to crash out. I love to get on Live and crash out.
Speaker 3: But you know what's crazy the few that I have crashed out people have responded like I had posted a screenshot on Twitter like two weeks ago because this guy I had tweeted something and this guy had like a crazy ass or bottle to me. I can't even remember what he said. But then after I said something to him, he posted, Look I reposted it, and I like kind of went off on him, and then he was like, oh, thank you for responding. I love you.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like what this is he's talking about when I say, people are fucking weird. All of that for him to say I love you when I responded.
Speaker 1: Because he wanted he wanted your attention. Yeah, and you got into that a lot of people know, like they know that I can't get this person's attention unless I say something to trigger them, and then the minute they get your attention, then all the love comes out. That's why I don't respond with people with vitriol all the time, because a lot of these people really don't have the tools to articulate eloquently how they feel. I told you I went to school graduat. You know what I'm saying, I want to school. You know you're talking.
Speaker 2: About the hell is that? You know the park I never popped the butriol. You know the hell is that I means that it's just a baby.
Speaker 1: All change your life, that we all change your life. Now change your life.
Speaker 3: So I definitely before we get we ain't even got into the first topic yet. But before we get into the first topic, I defin really want to talk about your beautiful wife and your family.
Speaker 2: So how did y'all meet?
Speaker 3: I think I did read somewhere or maybe y'all seen it on y'all social media. Y'all met in college?
Speaker 1: Right? No? No, we went to the same elementary school, Ohame elementary school. She she tells the story that she recognized me when I was in first grade. She was in second grade. I didn't you know not girls? You know what I'm saying, sometimes Zach got to do that, you know what I'm saying, even with Zach six, but a girl still had coolies during that time. I wasn't playing attention. But long story short, because this is a long story. We have a brother the same age, and we have a sister the same age, so we both are family of three. You have brothers who are the same age, sister the same age. And I used to go back when we were in middle school to pick up my brother and sister, and she used to see me. We ended up going to rival high schools. She was a cheerleader, I was a football player. And then my senior year, I was being awarded by the elementary school that we both went to, and that was the time that she could finally see me and say, hey, dev I'm interested and choose let me tell let me tell you something, let me tell you something about my wife. Okay, and I'll say this. All of the stuff that they say you're not supposed to do on social media to get a man, she did every single one. Really, she walked up to me.
Speaker 3: But it worked out in her.
Speaker 1: Fast, and that's and that's what I'm saying. She did every single she she walked up to me as me and my but she said Brian and devale Ellis and I was just like, I was looking at her and I was like, damn, she's fine, but I got to be cool. I was like, what's up? The whole night we were sitting there chopping it up, and then at the end of the night, I was trying to do what my pops told me to do. My uncle they like, yo, you don't be too thirsty, you know what I'm saying, let her let her walk away a little bit. Then, like they told me, as she's about to walk away, that's when you grab her arm and you just be like, excuse me, okay, you know what I'm saying. That was you know what I was like, I was gonna.
Speaker 3: You was meant to TV because he was already living your real.
Speaker 2: Life, Like you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I had all this in my mind, but when.
Speaker 3: You me though I live my life every day, I think I'm in a movie.
Speaker 1: My whole life's a rom com. You can't tell me I'm not in a right now. It's called ditch, not hitch. Ditch because I be ditching these holes and it's all my wife that's why. But before I could, you know, grab her arm. She grabbed my my thing and say, Yo, since you ain't gonna ask me for my number, I'm gonna just give it to you. I like her, which they say online. Women are not supposed to do that. You're supposed to be demure. He's supposed to be mindful. My wife was not about that. She's like, tak my number down, took the number down. I called her the whole summer. She did not answer. She's a pageant she's a pageant girl. She was on the road. She trying to play me. So I'm like, man, fuck, this is chasing after you. Man, I'm I got an eighty nine maximum, I got black rims on that joint with two sup with us.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm vibing them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I had I had you twelves. Well I had to twelves. But thank you, bro, you're gonna miss your blessing. And I was like all for And then she called me and I was like, I was like, what the fuck? Hello, Hello, Hello, and hen she was just like hey, handsome, and I immediately went back to the way my dad told me to be. I was just like, what's up? Stopped laughing. You see you laughing. This is the problem. You're not trying to listen. So I was like, what's up? And then when I said what's up, he started vibing. She came and visit me the next day and it was all on his The thing that impressed me though she asked me on first date. We in my dorm room. I was ready to smash, like, I'm eighteen. I ain't gonna lie I'm eighteen, said my wife. You know what I'm saying, long hand, slim, you got a little fatty on him. I was like, give me some of that.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm a d one athlete. I'm not thinking about no wives or nothing. So she's eating a hero and I'm like, She's like, so she's eating here. She's like, so, what's your plans in life? I was like, well, I want to be an actor. I want to do that. She was like what Martin was on TV? I was like, I want to have my own sitcom. She didn't miss a beat. She said, Okay, so how we gonna do that? Mm hmm? Man. When I tell you, I was like, she wanted to know.
Speaker 3: My dreams because at ninth because she so if you were eighteen, she was like nineteen.
Speaker 1: She was about to turn.
Speaker 3: A nineteen year old woman asking something like that on the first day, because I would have been like.
Speaker 1: To be you see what I'm saying, That's what I was listening. Come on, you're right, you're right, and the internet be telling you don't be. Don't be going out there and trying to be wifely off the first date, because she was wife she.
Speaker 2: First Also it was to the right man though, So a lot of times though it's a lot of good women that meet up and they're they're doing the right things, but it's with the wrong man. So I think that is why a lot of times you hear women giving the advice of don't do this, don't do that, because they did that it saw no results.
Speaker 1: I agree, So I will say this. I will say this though, lex I have a question. Now, I'm not gonna have a question. So many women talk about these bad men. Why do women choose bad men?
Speaker 3: Red flagging and they be smacking y'all in the forehead like black eye, red flag and.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: I'm not really like that though, No I be leaving the red flags, don't. I don't really play that ship like I've always had a no nonsense policy, but sometimes we really want to get into it. I feel like that's why I'm still like not married and stuff.
Speaker 1: Because I'll show you I understand what you're saying. Yeah, my boys, I got boys who are single, and they always on our bases. Ain't this. I'll be like, nigga, you be choosing the wrong woman every time, Like we will see the woman, the woman that he and I could tell in two minutes knock on work, not the one. But here we are two months saying, and you eat it, but D, but D. I'm like, bro, you keep choosing the same woman over and over and over again. Then your response to that is all these bitches, No.
Speaker 2: You keep choosing this one, the same one.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm asking you, because I want to know a woman's perspective.
Speaker 2: So I'll say this. In my twenties, I was having a ball. I wasn't looking for nothing serious. I was having a good time. So I'll say as in my thirties and my mid thirties, I'm intentionally dating. You know, I'm in a relationship. I've been in a relationship for a year, so I can talk about the things that I was dealing with beforehand, and I'll just use the last guy I dated before him for example. I'm not gonna lie. A lot of times, I knew the type of men I was dating, and I knew what I was in the situation for, whether it was to have fun, he was spending money X y Z. But once I started dating intentionally and I'm like showing like who I really and what I really wanted to do in my goals the last time. I will say, a lot of men they put up a good front. Okay, they're auditioning. It's like they look at it like a job application. So if I'm applying for a job, when I show up, they'd be like, what is the worst thing about you when it comes to work? Oh, I'm just always on time. In the fact, I'm just so punctual and sometimes I work whenever I'm supposed to be clocked out. That's how men are. So you'll ask a man, You're asking all the right questions, you're doing the right things, and they're like, oh my gosh, this woman is amazing. I'm not really looking for nothing serious though, but I don't want her to leave me alone because I'm not ready to be the man for her. But I don't want her to leave me alone because she's doing all these wifey things. So a lot of women have experienced that. Now, one thing about me, I don't date. I'm not a bitter dater. So just because this man does this to me, Okay, we broke up, i'ma still move on and I'm gonna still be happy and try it. I'm not gonna be tainted about love. So I feel like now I'm in a relationship where I am with somebody who appreciates the thing that I do. And it's like, but I will say, I wasn't a situation where I felt bamboozled.
Speaker 1: So can I just give you guys some insights? Sure, based on what you said, you said in your twenties you was having fun. Would you say that you bamboozled a bunch of men? Oh yeah, okay, fair, So we're in agreement, right. You know why men in their twenties can't bamboozle women because we don't got no fucking money, period. So you know what happens. We spent all of our twenties getting bamboozled. And I'm not pointing you out, Lex, but a beautiful woman like you who we may have thought like that could be my wife, and you bamboozled us in our twenties. Now a nigga got money. Now it's time to do the bamboozling. And what happens is is when a woman is now when her position late twenties, early thirties, she's like, I'm ready to be someone's wife. Well, now you've been, you finna get bamboozo And I'm just being honest. That's that's that, And I'm not saying it's okay, But what I'm saying is is that you had your time in bamboozoo. A man can't bambooso until he got the resources to do some bamboozling. Show me a black man in the early twenties who don't come from a prominent family who got resources to bambootho. So you know, so then finally when they make some money, I'm finally a VP at my job. I'm thirty. Wait a minute, I can do all the things that I watched that woman do with that other guy that I liked, So now I'm gonna do that to these women and I feel like women get upset when a man does it, but then they'll openly say, like you just said, in your twenties, I was bamboozling niggas. I wasn't think.
Speaker 2: It was also a guy that had been trying to holler at me for three years.
Speaker 3: And I feel like you should never get in.
Speaker 1: So it was like, aut why you can't give that guy for three years?
Speaker 3: I don't says God bad he was. He was hounding me a year and a half, trying to holler at me. When I say, he was going above and beyond trying to get me talk to him. And then I finally gave me and I was like, Okay, let's see what's up. He played the fuck out. He played the and it took me years to get over the hurt.
Speaker 1: It took me, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: And that's why I feel like, if you initially not interested in the man and you carved him, he gonna remember that.
Speaker 1: Leave it alone. I'm not I'm not man. Yeah, I didn't did that. I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for three years.
Speaker 1: I was chasing that three years, and you made me feel like I wasn't deserving. So you know what those men do like having a bet them men be up at night, they being in bed, like just not even I'm gonna get that, just have gone. And the minutes you say hey, they like, wait a minute, this is my time. But but but the truth, you don't give him no chance. If he hasn't healed, then don't. Yeah, because the truth is man like, you're not wrong for wanting to party in your twenties. Yeah, Like, let's and here's the truth. Can we at least be honest for once with people. If a woman, what's the party in her twenties, let her party?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If a man wants to party in his thirties when he first got his money, let him party. Let's stop shaming people who have worked their life for what they want, enjoying their life, and then when that person is ready to settle down, they're going to meet the right person for them. I think the problem is most people want to put a wide net around the entire species. All men act like this, because the men that I dated act like that. No, that's just the men you choose, all bitches, ain't shit, No, that's just the women you choose. My g If we start to realize that, well, you know what I'm saying, We'll be like, we'll give each other a little bit more grace, and you know what.
Speaker 3: Circling back to your original question, I think that women I can only speak now that I'm in my thirties. I have a lot of friends and people around me who I feel like, once you get to thirty, it starts to become like we talked about this with another case. I think desperation, the desperation of being his thirty, I get it. I think when women hit thirty now it's like this time clock it is, I gotta get married, I gotta have kids. So I think when the red flags be red flagging, they be like, oh, it's fine, because I want to be married, even if it's not to the right man. Society has made me feel like I gotta be married and I gotta have kids, And then what, I'm thirty two, I don't have kids yet.
Speaker 2: They're biological clock ticking, you know.
Speaker 3: And I really think that that is more so what it is I can say for women in their thirties, cause I think when you in y'all twenties, some women do want to get married in their twenties. But a lot of women that I know they wouldn't even think about that, and then it stuff. When you turn thirty, all of a sudden, the pressure is low.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't I don't thinks. I don't blame women for not wanting to be married in their twenties. Bro, Like we live. We live in a capitalist society where misogyny rules. Yeah, if you are a beautiful woman and you're getting attention from a bunch of dudes, enjoy yourself. Yeah, I enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course everyone is going to say what you need to settle down and not be promiscuous and stuff, But let's be honest. Monogamy, much like veganism or Christianity, is a voice. Yes, someone has to choose to want to be that, and someone has to want to be that in order to enjoy that aspect of life. I think it's a disservice to people when we try to cast a wy net over everybody, like everybody got to be monogamous, everybody got to be Christian, everybody like that. We got to stop doing that because we're all different people.
Speaker 2: And I thine having that mindset. Because I do have that mindset, I don't take things out on it because everybody is different, everybody's experience is different, absolutely, So I think I agree with Drea the desperation of women in the thirties. Like I said, we just talked about this, But for me, I will say this, I'm just such a like, Okay, let it be. So now I'm like, if it's in my path to be with a man and get married, that's exactly what's going to happen. Because I know myself and I know it's a good person. I know I'm a damn good woman. So I don't have no pressure on it, you know.
Speaker 1: But what you just said makes all the sense in the world. Though. Think about it. I know who I am. I'm not going to going to define my existence on this plan it based on what all the other women in the world are doing. That's not even your plight to carry, you know what I'm saying. For me, it's like whoa Okay, Lex wants to get married. Now I'm in my thirties. I'm going to be deliberate about finding the right person. Now. Listening to the statistics and all of that shit don't really even matter because because none of that, none of that will ever fit to every man or woman in the world. I say that because monogamy works for me, period. But then when men ask me, yo, dude, man, how you do this? How you do that? The first thing I asked them do you want to be monogamous or do you think that being monogamous is the only way that you can be considered high functioning? And they're just like, well, I'm listening to these podcasts and they say monogamous men are high functioning. And I said, bro, stop just listening to people and ask yourself what you really want out of life. You know what I'm saying, Like, we got to stop shaming people for not following the lifestyle we follow. Monogamy works for me because Deval knows that, you know what, I love women like a lot. I do truly love women thing I do. I look at your mine, She's gorgeous. She's gorgeous. But I also know that if I'm not disciplined enough to control my urgens and I'm attacking it, running after every woman, I don't have the ability to focus on the things that's gonna help me provide for myself and my family. So monogamy works for me. There are some men who can balance both and can chase skirts and chase money and make it. I would never tell that brother, you gotta be monogamy or you not high functioning, may get the fuck out of here. For example, like a fifty cent or Floyd Mayweather. Both of them brothers are doing way better than I am. How I look telling them all, you better be monogamous or you ain't gonna make it in life. It's the same thing for women. We should never tell women you better get married or you ain't gonna make it in life. Oprah ain't never been married. She one of the richest people in America.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. That actually is our first stopic. But we need to ask how will we drinking? I know this episode is gonna be like this, What are we drinking today? These drinks are so good it I'm actually about to need so.
Speaker 3: You know, our guest, he is literally he does it all. He is, like you said, actor producer act, he is the jack of all trades. And that's what this drink is called Jack of all trades. It's a classic old fashioned style clocktail. We have some bourbon in there. We have some demara, which is like a brown sugar syrup angle store bitters and a little bit of orange bitters in there as the garnish.
Speaker 2: We have some cherries.
Speaker 3: We have a lemon peel and an orange peel that I kind of just expressed into the cocktail just to get that flavor and that bounce off. And this, like him, is the jack of all trades. Thank you to got another round coming up? Thank you? What's up y'all? Is your girl XP and is sugarl Jery in the call?
Speaker 2: And we are here to tell y'all about the genius that is Masterclass dot com. If you're a creative, you want to get into modeling, cooking, anything you are to learn, this is the place to learn from the pros.
Speaker 3: Yes, they have over two hundred plus pros on Masterclass and Imagine learning modeling fundamentsals from Naomi Campbell, Imagine our Acting from Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson, Our Little Humor from Kevin Hart. I personally took Easter Ray's Masterclass and it definitely helped me because she was teaching about how to think outside of your creativity or if you have an idea in your head, how to get it in action and turning your ideas into actual TV shows or actual content. I'm telling y'all, if you wanted to learn directly from the people who are making moves in the industry you want to succeed in, masterclass is the site for you. Absolutely, And I also loved that for all new memberships they have a thirty day money bag guarantee. Ooh, I like that. So if it don't work for you, get your money bag. Yes, So if you want to get a discount, you can sign up at masterclass dot com backslash poor minds. That's masterclass dot com backslash poor minds, and you sign up for the annual membership and you'll get fifteen percent off. I'm telling y'all, you cannot get started until you invest in yourself. Masterclass dot com backslash poor minds. Period. Right now, our listeners get fifteen percent off any annual membership at masterclass dot com slash poor minds. That's fifteen percent off at masterclass dot com slash poor minds.
Speaker 3: So to yo back to your point, though, you made a really really good point when you said, like basically, you you can't convince a man that doesn't want to get married to get married. And I think that that's where a lot of women mix up too, because they're dating men who it's obvious that's not the goal, that's not his goal. So why are you even pursuing that? Why are you even staying in that situation. In order for a relationship to be successful, you have to date somebody where y'all want the same things, yes, and y'all goals aligned.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that simple. That's why I think that the whole fifty to fifty argument is annoying. The whole who's going to be submissive to who? Is annoying and pointless because I know what I'm looking for life. Every woman in the world is not looking for the same thing I'm looking for. So what I do is those women who are not looking for what I'm looking for, I applaud them for looking for whatever they're looking for. I don't shame them. For example, they're like, I need a submissive wife who won't follow me.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what you look at, the type of wife you need.
Speaker 1: What if you have a woman here who is a seven eight nine figure earner, you telling me I'm supposed to tell that woman she's supposed to submit to me and she can make more. No, that woman's journey is different. In like, let her find someone, But it's social the same thing for men, right, women will sell the time. I want somebody six y two abs, make a lot of money, can fuck all night. But if that nigga just want to be a homebody and take care of his kids, there's a woman for him. It may not be for you. But why why shame him? To mold him? You see what I'm saying. Why try to mold him.
Speaker 2: I can shame him a little bit. I ain't gonna mold him. You can't shame it's a little bit work.
Speaker 1: So so here's the thing I I and I've been called misogynistic because of this. Really I believe it is the man's job to work. The reason is, well, I was called misogynistic because some women, and I had to agree with this segment. Some women are not made to have children. Some women don't want to have children. But you can't define their womanhood by saying if you don't have children, for a man, you're not more of a woman. And I had to mature enough as a man to understand that. You know what, that's a valid fucking point. So for me, I personally feel for devow that I want to be able to support my wife. I want to be able to make all the money, and if she wants to make money, she can. But if she don't and she wanted to be a homemaker, she could do that too. I was called misogynistic by some women who feel like I'm controlling my wife. But you know what I learned in that I'm not for that woman.
Speaker 2: She need to write a house to buzz because she got all the answers.
Speaker 1: A lot of people feel they got all the answers. You know, when you realize you don't got all the answers, that's when you start to advance in life.
Speaker 3: How do you start to evolve?
Speaker 1: When you evolved when you realize, you know what, I hadn't arrived the minutes you think you arrived, that's when you really lost.
Speaker 2: So the first topic we wanted to ask you because there's two different sayings that people always say. They always say behind every successful man is a strong woman. You know, married men are more successful. Technically show this right. And then on the other hand, they have statistics to show single women live longer, single women are happier, you know, like being independent and being free. And you know, we see people like Oprah who has a little situation, but she does what she can do. You know, we see the Tracy Ellis Ross, so we see all these women were like, hmm, that don't look so bad. So, how do you feel like as a married man, society should approach things like that?
Speaker 3: And do you feel like that's true? Like Brian and married, do you feel like, for example, your success is it attributed to a certain extent by your relations and ship in your marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The first thing I will say is that I wouldn't be the person I am if it wasn't for my wife and my partner. Right when I was eighteen nineteen years old and I told Kadeen that I wanted to be an actor, I'm going to use the NFL. She made my breakfast, she did the stretches when I separated my shoulder and I had to sleep sitting on her dance. She was sitting. That's why. That's what it was. It was the shoulder that Lex. I ain't fucking with you, man. I heard my shoulder playing football. Okay, okay, I'm out here in the street. I'm out here. I got stats to prove it.
Speaker 3: Probably the brook Churst.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fight Lex before I leave. I'm gonna fight les all my Brooklyn nights. Y'all know what the Brooklyn is. The brook Up, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But she was doing the stretchy.
Speaker 1: She she was all of those things. She was there when I was training for the NFL. She she was there. She she helped me create. Okay, I'm a visual learner. Right, you get playbooks. The playbooks sound like this, you know, hop the trips, right motions, scot right five twenty five f post swing, ready break. Every word, every word has a meaning. My wife made flash cards with every word in those things, and it had a definition. And that's how I practice learning the place. So she was when they know what they say. She wasn't with me shooting in the gym. She was with me shooting in the gym.
Speaker 3: Because maybe they sounded like a whole different language than me.
Speaker 1: I was like what, But that's why I praise in honor my wife's much, because she literally was. And sometimes people say, like, man, why you doing all of that like your wife? I say, yeah, maybe your wife didn't do it what my wife did, but I will. The first thing I say is I am who I am because I have a support system. Not only my wife, my parents, her parents, that the mentors in my life were poured into me. They all made the vow possible. So it wasn't just my wife. It wasn't just me, It wasn't just God. It was a combination of everything. But I will say this about statistics. First and foremost statistics are skewed because I will say this, nobody never asked me a fucking question. Where are these statistics coming from? I've been married for fourteen years and no one ever asked me.
Speaker 2: You never did, went on family feud? Who asked them?
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying. We've asked one hundred would be white people. That's the first thing. You know, it's one hundred white people.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 1: Nobody else asking, right, You see what I'm saying. So the first thing we gotta do is throw out those things because they typically don't ask Black people. A lot of the things they ask and these statistics and stuff like that aren't about us, so we can just dismiss that. The second thing I will say is if we're going to rate success based on Western views, which means what white people say is considered successful, yeah, we're all going to fall short, because these views have never been made for us. Remember, we would consider three fifths of a human being in this country since since seventeen when in this country seventeen seventy four we want to consider humans Keith. So since we weren't consider humans, why would we ever listen to their rhetoric about how we're supposed to behave That's why I say, find out what works for you.
Speaker 2: I'm know somebody who listened to doctor Umar. When I see it, a walk king, I know that's right, brother.
Speaker 3: What do you call the doctor Umar?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but listen. I'm not one hundred percent always in agreement with everything doctor Umar said, but he love when he talks when he talks about the black family. Yeah, you know he's cooking. He'd be cooking when you talk about the black family. If you look at the history of this country, we like. Nothing they talk about when they talk about family and relationships is ever with us. I think we will look at those things and say, well, percentages say the percentages don't include up.
Speaker 2: That was a great point because I never thought about that because honestly, when they talk about statistics, like he said, you have been married for what twelve years, wife, four kids, twenty two years and ain't nobody asked you? She never first time you asked me when Alexandroya.
Speaker 1: And you would be the candidate. Well, i'll give you another statistics. Right, what's the narrative that we hear about black men. They don't give me no, no, no, they don't like who oh, they don't like black black women.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the national average for black men who are married, what do they married to? It's got to be bla black women at what percentage? Over eighty five percent? So here, here's another one. Here's another one. But it don't matter though, because once they make money, that's when they go get white women, white women. The national average for making over two hundred thousand dollars black men, right, how many of those women men are married to black women? I'll give him bout a cools ninety five percent, not at five. This is why this is listen, because they'll show you. They'll show you the one black athlete who may be married to a white woman. Right, But then think about Russell Westbrook, Russell Wilson, Von James, Steph Curry. I can keep going and going, Willie Cologne or who else? These I'm talking about my friends now that I know, Stephen Bowen, Marcus Colston, Kyle Aronson, all married, all wealthy, they money, all married to black women.
Speaker 2: And then when you hear the horror stories we got to talk about Scottie Pippot.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, girl, what's let's.
Speaker 2: But bitch outside with future is crazy?
Speaker 1: Lex has a good point, though, because they'll show the Scottie Pippins right, and they'll say, look, this is how black men behave. But that's not the fact I'm married to a black woman. My woman is black, she's Jamaican, Evincenti, and her mom is black as a motherfucker, a grandmother Black is a motherfucker. But they'll never push that out there because it don't fall in line with the narrative they want. You got to understand that destroying the black family has been on the the the forefront of the mind of the people created this country.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We weren't allowed to get married first, right, and even when we got married, there was a lot of times they took our women and raped our women and we had to watch because they do not want us to get together. Because if you have black the black family and we continue to work together. What's gonna happen to the wealth that happens in this country is gonna who black people are kids. How do you destroy the black wealth in this country, destroy the black family, make black women think that black men don't love them, make black men think that black women don't respect them. That's all a fallacy. It's not true. The older I get, I'm forty years old now, the more I realize that everything I've learned from mass media has been programmed by people who have an agenda. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm not, but it is what it is. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean because I oh, we had this conversation a while back with the guests that we had and I can't remember, but we were basically talking about like government assistance and housing and things like that, and they were saying, how literally, like if you are a struggling you know, a woman, and you're on housing, you can't have a man in the house.
Speaker 1: You can't purposefully the minutes you have a man in the house, they will take yours. So you know what people started to do in the seventies. I noticed, because I have a family who've been through this. Dad may be in the home common law marriage because men was if I'm married, you can't get the assistance. I also won't be there when the person who comes and checks on the house and the kids. So when they come by this, so this woman here by herself, the dad will be in a closet, the dad will be somewhere else. I have family members who I watch go through this and they're like, you know, the government coming by. But the reason why they do that is to be able to get what they need from the government. And I hate to say this to say this, but I'm going to say this. Matter of fact, I'm not gonna say it. I'm not even give her name. But there is a talking head who always speaks about the black family in the black community, and because we have painted her as a villain, we won't listen to what her messages are. I don't agree with all of her messages. That's why I want to accept her. I won't say her name because I won't even give her I think you do. I won't give her any press on your platform. So it's fair because of what you do. So I won't do that. But when you listen to some of the things she says. She's absolutely true. The black black people in this country are the best when we are together. Look at Black Wall Street right. The minute we start to work together, they tear it down, right, and they tear it down. They tear us apart, and they tell us all the time, mass incarceration was the same thing. How can we get black fathers out of the house. Let's put them in prison. Right. Let's look at the voting cycle, right, Only four percent of black men in this country voted this year, not four percent of black men. Four percent of the voting population were black men. And the first thing they'll say is, mind you, we're only fifteen percent of the population. First they say is black men don't vote. But what they won't say is that eighty percent of the prison population is black men, and if they can't vote, it brings down the numbers. But rather than say that, you know what, they'll say, black men don't vote and they won't vote for Kamala. You see what I'm saying. It's like they just do things in order to tear us apart, and we have to do a good job or a better job of staying together.
Speaker 2: Which is so crazy.
Speaker 3: Because it's like, how do we live in a tree where feelings can't vote, but one could be the president. But that's another time.
Speaker 1: Because this country was never made for us. Think about it, This constitution and everything was made for a white man.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna lie. I have seen that narrative a lot today because obviously when y'all see this episode, we already know that Trump has won again president. Yeah, and it's been a lot of the narrative that they were trying to blame, you know, like the black men and all this stuff. But when you saw the voting and everything they.
Speaker 3: Had the statistics, Yeah, I think voted for Kamala because I said that to my man and he went off on me.
Speaker 1: What you said to say? What you said? You said black men are going from?
Speaker 3: I was like, I feel like black men didn't show up and nothing.
Speaker 2: He was like, hold on, oh, he's gonna get them numbers out. That's one thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, my bad, I'm sorry, no, but but I mean this is this is really important for us as a community of people to stop pointing a finger at each yeah, and let me sit down with some queens. Not for enough. I'm not gonna lie to y'all. Right, I'm not gonna lie to y'all the first the minute my team sending me yo, you're gonna go to poor minds. You know why I want to sit down with black women and discuss about relationships. I told you, I've been watching y'all. I want to discuss it so that it doesn't have to be combative.
Speaker 2: Right. A long time ago, we decided to stop that gender war because we used to do that a lot. We were in that gender war.
Speaker 3: Like all they used to say we was male bashers. I never feel like we were, to be honest, I just think we had a lot of different opinions.
Speaker 1: Can I be honest? Sure, I never thought that y'all were male bashing, but I did think that based on what you've lived through in your life, you told your truth, and the truth is a lot of people don't want to hear your truth if it doesn't fit what they want yeah to be. So I can understand why you got that label and not say that it was fair. But I mean I get the same label too. If I tell my truth about life, whoever is on the opposite side of that truth is going to feel like I'm bashing them.
Speaker 2: And that goes to a good point, because that's why our community is so separated. Because you'll say one thing, they'll be ready to cancel you and not solidary. One thing about the white folks.
Speaker 1: They gonna stick together. They gonna stick together, but they But I'm gonna challenge you on this. We talk about.
Speaker 3: Blas absolutely what's up y'all as your girl XP and it's your girls.
Speaker 2: You're in the call and we are here to tell y'all about join Built dot Com. One thing about it. You have to pay rent no matter what, So why don't you get rewarded for paying your rents?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you need those points and one thing about bill, they gonna give you some points. So Yes, the thing about Built you can get access to five hundred plus airlines with all of the points that you accumulated with Built. Same thing with hotels except seven hundred thousand plus. You know how many hotels that is all over the world or wherever you want to go.
Speaker 2: Yes, all you have to do is pay your rent and they have a point system so you can use these points for flights, hotel, you need a vacation, you gotta pay your rent anyway, so get rewarded for it. All you gonna do is go to join build dot com slash poor Minds. That's j O I N B I l T dot com Slash poor Minds. Tell them to Lexingdrea sent you period earn points by paying rent. Now, when you go to join built dot com slash poor Minds, that's j O I N B I l T dot com Slash poor Minds, make sure to use our U r L so they know we sent you join built dot com slash poor Minds to start earning points with your rent payments.
Speaker 1: Today we talk about black Twitter. Why because we're all on black Twitter. How much time if you spend on white Twitter or Spanish Twitter.
Speaker 2: But what I can say Chinese Twitter, you're right, but black Twitter is, but black Twitter ourst enemy exactly. Black Twitter is also the people who be dragging me everything just because I'll be like, oh I don't like pork chops.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you don't like sick. Don't don't even bring up grits because if you talk about grits on black Twitter, whether it's sugar problem. But what I will say this is you don't know the beefs that go on in the other Twitter. We don't be on it. White people be beefing, bro. I've seen white people and white men and white women going at it over Taylor Swift because white women been saying Taylor Swift is their saviors, She's their Beyonce. Right, So white women is up here. I'm independent, and I've seen white men going at them. There was there was a post on white Twitter today, White Twitter Twitter that Fox News posted that Taylor Swift is a hypocrite because she always talks about climate change, but she flew a private jet to get to the game, and it has more A private jet has more emissions than any veg. So I'm watching these white people go back and forth, and I'll saying, you know what's funny. If this was a black news site and this was Beyonce, we would be saying that black people are our own worst enemy. White people do the same thing. Today's Stars two and they people, we got to stop giving them a past, like they don't.
Speaker 2: I don't give them a past because I'll say this because people always look at black podcasts, they be like, oh, they don't do that, man. White podcasts be doing the same they do. The podcast take away the microphone. I agree as far as Like what you're saying is they be doing the same thing as far as they talk about relationship tipes and they talk about fifty to fifty, they do this.
Speaker 1: They do the same things.
Speaker 2: But when I say solidarity, I'm talking about when it comes to like one cause as serious and as big as politics, they do not care that this man has a feeling he's been accused of rape, assault, everything under Sunday Like, we don't want a black woman in there, so we gonna come together. And that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Making a change or what kind of change that they want you, they don't care about what's white women As a woman, it doesn't matter what race you are as a woman. To vote for Trump is absolutely insane. But what they do is they're gonna stick by their skin color before what's even best for them as it's an individual person.
Speaker 1: So that's what I think.
Speaker 3: It's also a marriage thing though, because I was having a conversation. I was having a conversation with I'm men and he was just like, to be honest, a lot of people didn't vote for her because people in marriages want to have babies. If that's like like most people are one policy voters, So a lot of people voting for Kamala just because she was more you know, pro choice. And he was basically saying, like people who are married, women who are married, they don't care about abortion men. But it's not about the abortion man, because what happens when you're on the table and you're hemmerid I'm saying, I feel like dying because they're looking at abortion as Oh, I have sex with somebody and I got pregnant. There's women on the table that are hemorrhaging and they're dying. Yeah, and they can't.
Speaker 2: Abort the baby because it's illegal. I don't care that you went to the club and had sex with somebody. Now you're pregnant. Yea, that's not what we're talking about. But they're using that as an excuse. But they're not looking at the thousands and thousands of black women who are dying giving birth. You know what I'm saying. It's a much bigger issue. So I get But as a.
Speaker 1: White woman, why do you but guess?
Speaker 2: But it's going to be different when you sit on you have a you have a.
Speaker 1: Good point, and this is what I will have to say. We as a Black community, expect everybody to just understand our plight and care about our plight, and the plight don't address you while why would a white why would a Karen care about a Dre' see?
Speaker 2: Black women, you see what I'm saying, they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: And if we're being fair about not representing, seventy eight percent of black men voted for Kamala. Ninety one percent of Black women voted for Kamala. Not that many white people voted for Trump like it wasn't in the nineties and the seventies. There were less white people who voted for Trump, which means there were less white people who were in agreement with his policies and his politics, which means white people don't always rock with white people. The bottom line is is that black people only fifteen percent of the population. It's fifty population, then Kamala would be the president. But the truth is is that we're still the minority, and we would need our Latino and Latina sisters and brothers, and yes, I mean I mean a lot. A lot of those groups failed us. But that brings me back to my point. We should not ever be worried about any of those groups.
Speaker 2: This is that's like this, this is the building we got to the people of color, the POC and trying to group us all together this election. You didn't know before, you know now it ain't no one one for all groups. Oh we are people of color.
Speaker 1: That's not what it's getting. No, it's never been that.
Speaker 2: It's never it's never been that. I mean, they've always tried to group us together. So I just hope that this woke up our I.
Speaker 3: Mean they do, but I think that us being a part of the community, we know it's always being a divide.
Speaker 2: I was having a conversation with some I was on live.
Speaker 3: I was on TikTok Live because I know you've watched probably some of our shows whatever, but I talked about being apt and stuff. So like my biological dad is half Dominican. So I was on live one day and somebody had said something about that and they was like, but I was like, I'm still like because they were like, aren't you mixed or something? And I was like, no, I'm not mixed. Like my biological dad is half Dominican, but my grandfather was Afro Latino, like he was a black man and ethnicity, and.
Speaker 2: They was like they was like don't.
Speaker 3: They was like, don't say that on Live Dreia it do it do? And they was like, don't say that on Live Drea because you know, Dominicans get mad when you say they black. But it's like, but why y'all on the same island with Haiti and y'all look just like facts, But y'all mad that people say y'all black.
Speaker 2: I mean it's always been.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Man, it's easy. It's easier to be accepted when you are in alignment with European value. M It's that simple, like we can't sit here and make it seem like that ain't what it is. The reason why Puerto Ricans and Dominicans beef is because Puerto Ricans say, well, we're Americans, you're not a marria Can. But then when you look at Puerto Rican culture, they tend to assimilate to European ideals, whereas Dominicans, like you say, look like Haitians. They share the same island Spanish, you see when they just speak Spanish. But they was like, I'm not black, I'm Dominican. If you understand. Oh god, so here's a funny thing, right, you look at me I'm from New York. You look at me. Right, There's a bunch of Dominicans walk into a bodegga. I'm like, you'll probably let me get a baker egg and cheese, like all you Dominican. They start speaking Spanish like no, I'm not Dominican, I'm black. And I'm like, yeah, we could be brothers. They literally say to me, I'm black, I'm Dominican. Yeah, and they they'll be darker than me. Please. I just if there's one thing I want you all to think about, don't shame people for their ideals. I don't understand where they're coming from. And even as ignorant and as it is, like for example, Dominicans saying I'm not black, as ignorant as it is, you got to understand, like, you know what, that person's trying to survive and exist in this world. And if they got something negative to say to me because I said the dominicand that's where they are in that moment, I'm not gonna waste no energy going back at something.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like that's earlier about like the percentages of what people make and.
Speaker 1: And how Yeah, yeah, that's that's how you learn to love people and not be so upset when they disagree with you. You're like, okay, you disagree with me because you're going through something the value you'd always da da Okay, you will never understand because you know what you may be right. I may never understand. But what I did was I put out some content and it made you feel a way. So then now you got to deal with how you feel. You know what I'm saying, Like, that's how I address everything I had two years ago is when the slap happened, and I had people in the industry ask me, what's your thoughts about this? And this is always with my answer. I said, well, I'll tell you like this. If your father and a dad and you you've been in a public eye and your kids have been scrutinized and been called names, and your wife has been picked on and stuff, you know who you side with? You side with Will If you're a comedian and you're just trying to do your art and you're trying to go out hand and entertain people and you just got slapped on stage, you know who you side with, Chris Rock. If you're a content creator and you you know you out here trying to make the best images possible, and then you're upset that Will Smith and Chris Rock destroyed the Oscars. You side with Will Packer because Will Packer is the one who produced the Oscars, the first black producer, and the Oscars happened in twenty twenty two. And this is what we gotta deal with. If you're a woman and you feel like you've never been protected and finally someone stood up and slapped the shit out of somebody, you siding with Jada. And when I say that, people be like, I never thought about it like that. That's how we gotta think about life, Yo, think about what you're going through in a moment. You're gonna side with, not who's right, You're gonna side with who you relate to. You know what I'm saying, there's no black and white right or wrong. There's so many shades of great. And you got to start asking yourself if I felt like this, what am I going through? That made me relate to that? And then start thinking like that, because that's what I did the minute it happened. The first thing I said was good for that motherfucker he got slapt because I'm tired of him.
Speaker 3: And then I had to think about, like shit, because that comment was just so unnecessarious.
Speaker 1: It was unnecessary, It was the wrong time. It wasn't his first time saying something to you. Yeah, like they had a lot, they had what he was from.
Speaker 2: When I found out that, you know, he was trying to you know, that's what it made it a little different.
Speaker 1: They didn't intention yeah, yeah, since since two thousand and I think it was twenty seventeen, the first time he hosted the Oscars. But the reason why I brought that point is I think I hope people listen to this and realize them when I disagree with someone, Am I disagreeing with them because I really don't agree? Or am I disagreeing because what they're saying triggered something in me that I had to look at myself, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so in the same breast as we were talking about. And I hate to bring it back to these it was so many I hate to say this, but it was a lot of like higher up like white people who were so like, will how dare you? How dare you? But y'all are acting like this man gutted him on stage in front of you know what, I'm saying he was it right. No, you should put your hands on nobody. Now. I'm not saying that what he did was whatever, but y'all were acting like he just hung this man on National TV Live. But then, y'all are the same people who were in Trump's corner understandable and things for we know for a fact that he's done things that could land you in prison.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something funny that you said that My thirteen year old son brought up to me made me. That gave me perspective. And he wasn't thirty at the time. He said, Dad, I got a question. Why were so many more people upset about the slap than they were about George Floyd. Hmm, okay, this is mine at the time. Twelve year old son. Yeah, And I had to explain him. I said, you know, when people can't see themselves in a victim, they think it does matter. So if you're not a black man, if you never dealt with substance abuse, if you're not a George Floyd, then you look at that situation and then you think of every excuse as to why that had to happen. But then if you're a rich, pampered elitist white person and you see another person walk over and slap someone on stage on national TV. The first thing you think of is this is appalling. That's how I had to explain it to him, and he was just like, that doesn't make sense. Said, emotions don't make sense, bro, you know what I'm saying. Like emotions, the fact that they feel a way. You see what I'm saying. No, I say that don't got to make sense.
Speaker 3: It only has to make sense to the person that's having any emotion.
Speaker 2: Something that It was just a moment for them to like shit on wheel too, like the waiting. They cannot stand that the one of the number one actors in the world who can literally drop a movie right now it's gonna do millions in the box office because movies, it's hard to do a movie right now. Most movies are going to the theaters, but they're also going to stream. Absolutely, Will Smith can drop a movie and it's gonna be nowhere, and he'll put it at AMC only and it's still gonna do one hundred million. So this was their moment, like we got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still agree. I agree. I would have to be a thousand whenever you get a chance to hate someone who's doing so well that they're doing better than me.
Speaker 3: I mean, but we always get we always get a different response. So many people was like, I mean, this last Bad Boys movie, it was good, but let this be the last one. Y'all ain't say that about y'all ain't said that about Rocky.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't say that about it.
Speaker 3: And it's like fifteen reason said three words.
Speaker 2: Bro, we know they killed the dog. I'm sorry, and they got ten motherfucker John Wicks. Y'all, let them Bad Boys.
Speaker 1: Keep coming because I'm gonna still go watch you every time. Every time. I'm gonna watch every time. I watched every Bad Boy. That's my favorite movie.
Speaker 2: I'll watched sorry that with a son in law d.
Speaker 1: Favorite part of the movie. It was a bad part, but yes, I want to call it. Sugarl xp Andy Schagarls.
Speaker 2: You're in the call and we are here to tell y'all about our brand new ebook and e course a bundle pour into your pod. Yes, y'all, we have been working on this for a while and we're so excited to put it out and give it to y'all because we know so many people have been asking us for such a long time about how to start a successful podcast, and we have literally put all of the information that we have and everything that we utilized into this one ebook. Yes, and this is not your typical ebook, because I know what a lot of y'all are thinking, huh uh uh. But I'm telling y'all, we give y'all direct access to how we built our brand. It's not no fluffiness and all that what I've read the ebooks before. This is the ebook that gets straight to the point and give you all the direction you need to start your podcast today.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you can trust that we are putting one hundred percent good information, no filter into the book, and it's gonna help you build your brand. And it shows you exactly how we build poor Minds and made it into a sixteen years cold.
Speaker 2: So make sure y'all had to poor minds dot com to purchase your ebook or the e course, and we also have it available in a bundle for you so you can get both poor Minds dot Com pour into your pod.
Speaker 3: Get into this second topic real quick. I wanted to talk about hiding money from your spouse because.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean, this is a really good topic.
Speaker 3: If We've been wanting to talk to somebody that's married about it for a while because I grew up in a two parent household. My parents were married my whole life, and my mom, she always, you know, tells me that her and my dad they just had one joint bank account, and I'd be like, girl, you won't have a little stash. But then I ain't never been married, So maybe that's the wrong ideology.
Speaker 1: To have, don't. I don't think it's the wrong I don't think it's the wrong ideology. Like Kadein and I, we have multiple bank accounts. Okay, we have our business bank account where all of the money come because that's how.
Speaker 3: You avoid are we like a married couple, you know, being in business with somebody who's like But we got the same type of citus.
Speaker 1: So I also got I almost got canceled being canceled. I said, marriage is a business.
Speaker 3: I mean it is.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bible boppers came to me and was like, marriage is a covenant on the God. The fact that you said marriage is a business, I can't follow. I said, fine, if that's how it made you feel, you know what I'm saying, That's how I felt. I said, Hey, I think two things can be true. I didn't say that it wasn't a covenant of the but it is definitely a business right. Kadin and I share a business account. Under that business account, we have a trust. All of our money goes to our trust, our kids first, to make sure that we're good. Then we have a joint bank account, which is our savings. Her and I agree, this is what we're working on in this calendar year. Under that. She got her own checking account and I got my own checking account because I don't want you checking me on what I'm trying to buy, and I don't want to have to check you on what you trying to buy because you're also an individual.
Speaker 2: But as long as but all the money goes through the business account, and you can.
Speaker 1: Still absolutely no, I can't. I can't see her checking.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. But you know how much goes in there every every week?
Speaker 1: Every week? I know so because because that's the partnership. Partnership is. And but the thing is her having her own her little stash. I ask her sometime, like how much money you got in your checking account? And she's like, I got a little song. Why I just make it on and I still I'm making sure you're good. Because one thing about Kadeena, She's gonna ask me. She was like, baby, I saw this bag, and I'm like, why are you asking me? You got your money? Yeah, And she's like, no, I just want to make sure that we are good. And I tell her, by the time it gets to that account, which is your account, You're gonna ask no fucking questions because I'm not asking no questions. If I'm a plan something for you and surprise you, I don't want you to know what I'm supprised. My vice is not her vice. I like cars. I like cars. She likes bags and shoes and trips. I don't want her to have to She's an individual. Imagine somebody's baby. Can I buy? Get the fuck? You're an adult and she works. She works, so you have your money that goes to you. I got my money to go to But ultimately, the estate building and the legacy building is already done before it gets to that point. So at that point, there's no arguments because we've already taken care of the kids and ourselves, you know. And the truth is I made that a priority when we first got together. I told her I said, Yo, if we're going to live together and be together, we got to be able to discuss finance in real time.
Speaker 2: That's an uncomfortable conversation. What but you know what I had I tell you all the time, if you can't have an uncomfortable conversation with your partner, your friend, your family, that exactly. Uncomfortable conversations always lead to growth every time.
Speaker 1: But you also realize that the uncomfortable conversations you're having isn't because that person just wants to be defiant or you. It's because y'all grew up differently. And I learned that my father in law never discussed with my wife finances. He was the bread well he wasn't. Well, this is another thing. My wife's mom was the breadwinner. Jamaican woman came over, became a nurse, director of nurse and she made over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. Her father was a CNA. CNA's you know, they aren't wives. He made about forty five kids, but all the money they got collectively he bought property in the eighties and nineties, so here he wasn't the type of man that made a lot of money. On the salary, but he had the mental fortitude and the vision to buy multiple properties and put all of their kids through college with the properties he bought in equity within the So watching that, watching my dad, I said, Okay, it's my job as the man to make sure that we have a plan financially. But I don't want my wife to feel like she's a child in the house. And she got to come to me every day and be like, Babe, I want to get a nun. Here's your salary based on what you make. Here's my salary based on what I make. My salary goes to the kids like I just don't. I don't. I'm like, I'm gonna lie. My wife bought this. I was about to say, you want you want to hear a funny story? Funny stories. Thirty eighth birthday, my wife says to me. He's like, hey, baby, get up, You're going to the mall, like the mall, Like it's my birthday. Why the fuck we going to the mall. Like we go to the mall, we go to the jeweler. She goes, get whatever you want. I know that this is my wife. Now now now mind you, I'm the I'm the breadwinner. She'd be frinking. And when I tell you, I felt like a bad bitch in it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, I can get down.
Speaker 1: Get I got this watch, I got this bracelet, I got this necklace, he said. And I was like, is this too much? Is too much? And she was like no, get it off. She's like, get it off. And then when she went and got she got me this because I don't I don't buy jewelry, so she got me all of these things. She got me all these things. You brought it for my birthday. This is why I wear it because I want people know she got me all of these van cleaves. I don't know what a vain clee was.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, that this that is expensive.
Speaker 1: That risks. She taught me about Van Cleave and Cardier bracelets. But I'm like, man, you get to do what you want to do as a woman. That's got to make you feel empowered. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Because she make home money.
Speaker 2: Period. Man, he is expensive.
Speaker 1: Now that's the fact. If a woman comes to me, I'm gonna be like listen, now, listen, I'll smash Can you get me an ap ice style? That's that's hilarious. I'm expensive. I'm a bad bitch. I'm expensive. I thought it.
Speaker 2: So now it's time take it into the big, big foul.
Speaker 1: We don't get in your business to look shoulder. That's my wife about the shoulder.
Speaker 2: I am so good. Okay, this is funny.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about snogamy earlier, right, and we were talking about you know you were You're saying like that is a decision that you made what you wanted to. But monogamy does look different for you know, everybody. So I just want to know, not saying that you do this or anybody. I'm just saying, what is your opinion on hall passes? And let me define hall passes for the big that are watching. So a hall pass is basically like a man or a woman they let their partner like, Okay, you can go out whatever it is like once a year, twice a year and do whatever you want with whoever you want, and that's your hall pass. I can't get mad. I don't ask you what. There's no conversation about it, and that's your hall pass. So how do you feel about hall passes?
Speaker 1: Me? Personally, I'm not a whole past god selfish. Yeah right, But I also understand that my wife is selfish. So when it comes to that, I know that I have to do my best to be everything she needs. People said, if I why you work out all the time. I work out all the time because when I get out the shower, I want my wife to look at me and be like, yeah, yeah, I got so I get out the shower and slow motion with you. I'm good with you. I'm like, you see this glisten. You see this glisten? Baby? Do you see the glisten? That's what I do, and I and I think it's important that men understand it's just important for us to keep ourselves up as we ask our women to keep ourselves up. I like a slim waist, fat ass, you know what I'm saying. Some some perky joint. Some I like the full lips. Yeah. I like a nice you know, nice, subtle makeup. I don't like too much makeup. I like subtle makeup, light beat, you know what I'm saying. Not too much contour. I don't like the contour too much. You know what I'm saying. I don't like that. Man. I got I got my demands. I feel you but my wife got her demands too, you know what I'm saying. So I got to stay six packed up. You know, she like broad shoulders, she like a big chest. I'm ab ump like im. Don't I cut I cut dairy out my dollet, I cut red meat. My wife told me what she like. I was like, okay, okay. She she like a strong man with a strong physique. So I still deadlift, I still squat, I still hang clean. Because if I got a picture I picked, I pick off up here, I'll be like, come on, baby, I put her on here. I just like, come on baby. Sometimes women like the lift up, you know, they like to climb on. And it's like, let me grab here. And just she's five five.
Speaker 2: Small right the average, and I'm five eleven.
Speaker 1: I'm five eleven, So I know most women prefer six oneing up. I said, I understand that, but I'm not six one. You know what I'm saying. But I'm strong though, no father love, it ain't too shy of it, but it ain't six to one. And I get you. And one thing I tell you, gentlemen, if you have deficiencies in your life, man, don't don't be upset about it. I could never be six to one. But what I will do is lift my ass so that I can you know, you know what I'm saying, And I eat right so that I can be here. You know what I'm saying. I don't do the two minute joint. If we're gonna be honest, I know. I am the type of lover I love so never a quickie. Sometimes I don't like quickies. You want to know why I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't like long sakes either, though I get that she don't like long So we got four kids, she don't got time for all, but she do like to orgasm. I think it needs, Yeah, it needs to be a good amount of time.
Speaker 1: But but so we we've been married for a long time and not for nothing. Men do like the long sex sessions because we like to be in there. We like to see y'all. Yeah, but I've learned to understand. I've understood that if you're not helping your women get to her place, you can't have long sessions. I've also learned that if she gets to her place too fast, it's gonna be over. So what I learned how to do is help my wife edge, which means I'll keep her on the like, this is this is my move. You know I'm gonna put y'all up on because they don't know this is my this is my thing. I'm gonna tell you the game, this is what you do, this is what you do. Tell you, I'm gonna tell you that's what you do. Right. I love to see my woman enjoy sex. For the first thing I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put my mouth on it. You know what I'm saying. I got nice lips. I know women like my lips, so I make sure that she did right. Then what I do is I make sure it's right there to the point, and then I stop. Then I beat that thing up. Because when I beat that thing up, because now she's edging, I feel like no. I think it's important for men and women to understand that men don't only think about themselves when it comes to sex. I get her right to where she edges. Then I beat that thing up. And then when I'm beating that thing up getting what I want and I know that I'm about to, that's when I stopped. That's why y'all go. Then I put a back on her back and I say, baby, hold this one more time, and then I just.
Speaker 2: There you putting this drink.
Speaker 1: Then I make I make them means I get them legs shaking. I'm gonna get them legs shaken. I'm gonna get them lugs shaking. Once the legs starts shaking, that's when I get behind that joint and I just you see the should I get behind.
Speaker 2: That, he'll be beating that up.
Speaker 1: Four kids later, baby, okay one half? Four kids? Was that like the golf was it?
Speaker 2: Just like?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: We both we had them three we both came from Okay.
Speaker 1: So I told her in college, I only have boys. I don't have girls. And I told her that right, I'm not lying, but I wanted a girl. You don't wanted the girl because I felt like my wife deserved a little version of her that she.
Speaker 3: Could groom into being, you know, and want have been so cute because y'all kids are extremely.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: That's crazy though, because I think my sister is like that. She only has boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's like, does she want to have another one? I think they do. I think they do.
Speaker 2: But she's like, I can't deal with this. She's like, I'm in the house with three boys.
Speaker 1: Three men.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So for your wife, oh lord, And I've.
Speaker 3: Been following you and your wife on social media for a while because, like I said, I'm a I'm a fan of listens and I love y'all dynamic too. But like I know that y'all said, y'all not gonna have any more kids.
Speaker 1: You can't. Yeah, you can't have any more kids. I gotta rect me know that's right. You see, he needed one the alone, like I didn't need one.
Speaker 2: That show.
Speaker 1: Y'all we are the Only reason why God to a sected me is because she was postpartum, yeah, I think after the last one, and she got on birth control. But the birth control made her knee mick and I was like, Yo, you've already did enough to give us for kids. Let me do my parts. Plus I thank you. I received that, But I also was being selfish, and I knew that if I had a resected me and she didn't have to worry about it, she would be more inclined to be you know what I'm saying, I am freaking so listen. I will say this about monogamy. This is why I enjoy monogamy. I'm nasty clearly. I like to I like to lick and kiss, and I like i'm I'm I'm the type of guy that kay, come up here, sit up, sit up here, let me.
Speaker 3: You can't do that whatever, But do you feel like that's why y'all's relationship in y'all marriage have lasted so long because y'all keep his spike.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm allowed to be the sexual being that I am because my wife embraces it. I don't. I don't come home and have to deal with that's my camera man, My camera man over there, that's my boy Matt. He will tell you around nine thirty, right, no matter how many people we got in the house, Kadeen is gonna go put on some red shorts they say co ed on the back. It's gonna be a crop top. Matt will be the one to say, yo, trying to wrap this ship up because she knows what her husband needs. She knows my oldest son, Jackson knows Jackson.
Speaker 2: Will come to me like that, Oh I have a jackson, my nephew's Jackson, and you'll be like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And that's the responsibility as a man. My responsibility is provided make sure that I give everything I have sexualy to my wife. My wife understands that it's my opportunity, it's my obligation to make sure my husband's good.
Speaker 2: But I love that fun too. It's say I love that like I love hearing their perspectiveness because it makes you actually look forward to being married, which which makes me have a question for you. Okay, y'all. So now it is our item of the Week segment, and y'all know, y'all can inquire about having your featured on four Minds. And we have our first product here.
Speaker 3: We have our first product, you guys. It's called La La land Cosmetics. I have one the creamy red lip gloss. It's called such an Aries. It's so pretty and look at the packageing I love. I love that it's bling bling. Oh okay, so but it's so pretty though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a lipstick lip gloss connis, you know, so talk about like the texture of it, the shine, the sheen, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: So I love the texture of it. It's very much non sticky. I hate a super sticky lip gloss. It's not sticky at all. It's very creamy. And I've been having it all for you know, hours, so we've been last. It's real cute and look at the pigmy.
Speaker 2: I like that, So y'all know me. I am a highlighter girly. I love a good highlight. So she also sent us and shout out to La La This brand is actually it's vegan and cruelty free, and it's black owned, so you are supporting a black owned business. So I don't know if y'all remember a long time ago when they used to have the Anastasia Beverly Hills highlighter palettes. The girl's not doing highlighter palates no more. And you can also use this as a bless you girl, use it as an eyeshadow. So I actually have on the Sunset highlighter.
Speaker 1: And the good thing.
Speaker 2: About this palette is it gives you options, Okay, And she sent a brush with us, so she does have highlighter brushes. Brushes very soft and went on super smooth. And I always love a gold highlight. I think on that brown skin, it just gives like I've been sitting in the sun all day. Yes, so yes, shout out to La La land Cosmetics. I love the highlighter. And then she also has a what's it called the Chocolate chocolate lit bloss set. So I have on box of chocolate li box of chocolate lipt gloss set. So I put on the rees kisses. It's like a nude color. And one thing I love because they be forgetting about the brown skin girls when it comes to nude colors. So these are like nude for like the women of color. So it has like a darker brown in there, like a darker kind of like pinkish chocolate chocolate color. But I have on the more like nude pink and I put it on with a brown lipliner, a dark brown lipliner and a clear gloss. And baby, I'm just a I stick to the same colors on my lip.
Speaker 3: And I feel like this chocolate brown color will be perfect for the fall. Y'all, fall is coming up, So yeah, this would be really really cute with like a chestnut lipliner.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: So make sure y'all go to La La Land Cosmatics dot com. We're gonna put the link in the bio for y'all. It's shop use code poorror and you'll get fifteen percent off of your first order. You know, support a small, own black business. That highlighter palette she did her big one and.
Speaker 3: These lip gloss too, y'all see it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I wanted to ask you because, like I feel like, your beautiful family, your beautiful wife, so many people look up to y'all as couple goals. So do you ever feel the pressure to be a couple goals?
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's funny you ask that question because the first thing I hate, the whole couple of goals things. Yes, in this conversation, I realized I don't think that there's one monolithic way to describe a couple. So when you say a couple goals, people are asking, we all got to be that way? Know the fuck you don't? You know? You know what I'm saying. Nobody has to emulate me and Kadeen to be a couple goals. So I hate it, but I do understand why we get that label. I don't think it's pressure because I'm just being myself. Yeah, if I wasn't truly in love and wasn't truly monogamous and didn't really value my wife, it be pressure because I'm like, I got to keep this shit up, but I really get to wake up in the morning, look at my wife, love her, love my kids, love my life, and just live it, you know what I'm saying. So I don't feel a need to put on. This is who I am. I can talk about my wife and all day and not feel like putting on because this is how we live.
Speaker 2: You know. I love that for y'all. I love that for her because I'm not gonna lie. Like I said, I'm not a man, but my being a woman in my experience at dating, you know, y'all both have something very rare and beautiful. So it's good to see a healthy relationship but also people that not not admire but appreciate.
Speaker 1: I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, seeing the appreciation. I think everybody can see that and be like, okay, it's possible because I think for us as black women, like she said, getting in our thirties, you kind of lose hope a little bit. You lose hope to finding your partner or your forever. You'd be like, you know what, I'm okay with this, and I'm okay with that, but you know that gives us hope. And I think that's okay, not necessarily being couple goals, but just letting us know like, hey, there's still good men out here. Not everybody's the same, not all women are the same. So I think that it's good that we see not necessarily be a couple goals, but we need to see healthy black relationships. We need to see men being fathers because to stick theistically, men are fathers.
Speaker 1: Yes, especial black households.
Speaker 2: Yes, we all have this narrative about debt beat dads, but the black.
Speaker 1: Men are in the house, and statistically, the black men is the most active father in the household.
Speaker 2: And that's something I didn't even know. I had to educate myself on that. So I think that it's just important for us to see that. And even though it's like social media we like to say is not real life, but like you said earlier in the episode, people are looking at social media for their news.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When I was literally updating myself last night on the I was on Google, like, okay, electoral college, let me see what the numbers are. I'm not looking at seeing in, I'm not looking Fox. I'm just looking at the numbers. So we use our phones for infacs absolutely, So unfortunately and fortunately for us, people watch us for okay, educate me, meet me something that I need to know so I think that even though you don't like the couple goals, I think it's important that people see what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Now. I received that, and first of all, I thank y'all for forgiving me this platform to speak on it. But I do I do think that it's unfair for us to make it seem as if Kadeen and I were the first people to live like this, right. Truth of the matter is is that we're just the first people to pick a phone up. Yeah, and let people say, you know what I'm saying, like, I am just a reflection of my dad. I'm a reflection of my uncles and my grandfather. So I can't sit here and make it seem like listen follow me. Yeah, No, that's not And every day I wake up thinking like, yo, Devada, don't fuck this up.
Speaker 3: But I feel like it's amazing though, because you're pouring into like the younger generations that didn't get to grow up around it the way that you did.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm delibered with that. When I was in college nineteen years old, my sophomore professor, Professor Traciaty, access to write a mission statement. The mission statement I came up with each day I worked to build a legacy, not to be defined by my greatness, but by the masses I inspire to be greater than myself. I grew up idolizing Michael Jackson, and it wasn't because he could dance and he could sing. I idolized him because he had massive of people who followed him. When he talked about healing the world, when he talked about it doesn't matter if you're black and white. I watched masses of people be like, Yeah, if Michael Jackson can do this, I can. And I just felt like, you know what, we have a greater responsibility and in fact, the fiduciary responsibility as people, to pay it forward. You know what I'm saying, Like it's it's not enough to just say I'm gonna do this for me and my family. No, we should share so that masses after us can say, you know what, I want to live like that. I mean, that's what Jesus lived on all of these religious people. Jesus wasn't out here saying looks and I'm the son of the son of God. I'm perfect. Jesus was amongst the rapist, the sinners, the disciples. He turned water into wine he sat down with the worldliest of the worldleiest and just showed them a different way. He didn't judge them, He didn't say I'm perfect, be like me. He just said, hey, let's let's build right. And that's and I'm not saying that I'm Jesus because I know how the in and that can be.
Speaker 2: They're gonna flip it.
Speaker 3: On the Poor Minds episode he canceled. I knew him and his wife wasn't perfect like this, and there you know, they crazy, they crazy.
Speaker 2: What's up y'all? As your girl XP and it's Sugarl Dre and the call.
Speaker 1: Y'all know.
Speaker 2: We have a segment on Poor Minds called Item of the Week. But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds.
Speaker 1: Your opportunity is here period.
Speaker 3: If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted, we are now having slots available on the Poor Minds episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to Item of the Week PM at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's I T E.
Speaker 3: M O F T h E W E E k PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and.
Speaker 1: We'll work it out. We're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 3: Get your product, get your business sponsored, and yeah, thank you some money.
Speaker 2: We love Tore. A small business man.
Speaker 3: In a black business said that, But I mean anybody, smad, any business is welcome, obviously. Like I said, I love Sisters, Like I've been watching so much one I am tuned in. Yes, I love you and Fatima. Then you're on the Teama Yes. And then you also have a new movie coming out.
Speaker 1: Well it just came out today, come out today xlix.
Speaker 3: Yes on Netflix. So I definitely want to talk to you about Sisters. Like, let's talk about Zach and his character development. Okay, let's talk he has changed so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, Zach was a young man dealing with recidivism when we first met him, didn't have anything to his name. He was making money. He was trying to give Danny money so that he can stay there once in a while. He wasn't the best boyfriend, and he gave Karen an STD. He was, you know, not not pretty, not not advanced when it comes to being an adult. He was behind the totem poland and we learned a lot about his character. But I enjoyed playing is the role of Zach because Zach is so many young men. Maybe you're not dealing with recidivism or deal with being in and out of prison, but I remember my early twenties being lost and not knowing who I was or who I was going to be. So we get a chance to watch Zach go through a come innovage story. He meets a black woman who is powerful and strong, who's able to give him empathy and have the strength to go, you know, deal with him through his trials and tribulations, which I understand for a lot of black women. Black women say, man, why we got to deal with struggle love all the time? You know? But when I watch Sisters, and I watched the Team, but the one thing I say about struggle love is that struggle love is Black love. You know, most of us don't come from parents who've had money. Most of us come from a place where we have to get it from the ground up. So when I look as a team and I look at Sisters, I say, this is our story. Everything isn't happy, everything is in rainbows and sunshine. It's work.
Speaker 3: I think That's why people really love it though, because I think people can see the parts of their selves.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutelyships, absolutely, and Fatima's relationship on the show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, absolutely, I enjoy planes at So you are.
Speaker 2: In the Tyler Perry universe. Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask this because how is y'all filming schedule? Because you know they'd be saying he filmed movies in thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I filmed twenty five episodes in seven days, by Tyler.
Speaker 3: But Crystal told us that too when she came on the show.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Crystal, like, girl.
Speaker 1: What's up? Chris? Now, I think people need to understand the business aspect of it and what Tyler's trying to create. Right, So I'll give you an example. You're a producer. You get a budget of thirty million dollars. Thirty million dollars, right, people, there's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know how far thirty million dollars goes on the traditional TV set? Not that far? Five episodes? Maybe six? Yeah, I figured that maybe six. Yeah. What Tyler has figured out is a way by So you're talking about anywhere between five to six million in episode. Tyler spends about seven hundred and fifty thousand in episode. You see what I'm saying. You see what I'm saying. But here's the thing. You know, with TPS, I'm glad you said that all of the actors, everybody on there makes more money in that two weeks than they ever made. You see that, But sometimes the things don't look the same as someone who's doing an episode for two weeks. You gotta understand.
Speaker 2: And let me be sitting in the living room for thirty minutes, it's the whole episode.
Speaker 1: Who you telling I'd be in the motherfucker And let me ask you. You laughing like, I don't know you ever get a thing? So let me tell you something, right, I got me. Let me I'm gonna talk about this. A scene in television is typically one page for one minute. Yeah, I get my scene sometimes for team and I'm like, this is fifteen fucking pages. Yeah, that's fifteen minutes me on the same thing. Yeah, But then you realize, I gotta make this entertaining for the viewers. If you do theater, sometimes you have a scene in theater that may be fifteen minutes. If you are a thestpian, you find a way to make what you do entertaining. If you're not a theestpion and you're a person that just wants to be presented in the most beautiful way possible and you don't want to do no work, that fifteen minutes is going to be fucking hell. And the truth is, sometimes it happens to people who act with you. They don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: The truth is, Sisters is a soap opera.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: It is a soap opera in prime time, which is what we don't see. Soap operas happen every single day. Sisters happens every week, so a lot of people and maybe like, oh, this is slow, this is slow. When you watch soap operas every day, you're getting something every single day, so.
Speaker 2: It never finishes.
Speaker 1: I get it too. And the thing is I get it. Talk about it.
Speaker 3: He don't never make us wait too long. It'd be like three months in between seasons.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: Stap in my foot, like shoot twenty five episodes and a wake.
Speaker 1: Betch but.
Speaker 2: Drop in a month. I gotta ask you, do you ever get your scripts though?
Speaker 3: And you'll be like, no, you're fucking lying, because Sisters is so chaotic, like it's just like kidding me, Like when I found out that Karen was pregnant with your baby and a preacher, man, I was like, and it only happens to like one percent of people.
Speaker 1: I was like, Tyler Perry being so fucking for.
Speaker 2: Real right now.
Speaker 3: I just knew it wasn't gonna be your baby, true.
Speaker 1: I bean, Matt is over there. Matt will say, I'll be getting the script sometimes and I'll be like, I'm not saying none of the words just on that page. Am I lying? I'm not? But and I had a conversation with Tyler, uh huh, And I said to Tyler, I said, yo, tea man, like like, come on, man, what we doing? And this is this is how you know somebody really knows.
Speaker 2: And Karen been pregnant for like false seasons, but.
Speaker 1: It hasn't been forced. It been like three he's been six seasons. She was pregnant season three, no on season eight, three, four, five, six, seven day Crazy season.
Speaker 2: And see I was giving grace sometime.
Speaker 1: I three scenes. Because you gotta understand, each episode is only the morning portion of that episode. But we watched this week, it's the morning, next week the afternoon. The following week is I'm just being honest. That's so when you watched three weeks of television, You're like this three weeks of a pregnancy. No, that's one day. You've watched that pregnancy for three weeks. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I know she ain't gonna have a baby still next season.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna tell you the genius of Tyler because I said to them, I was like, yo, man, I think that we should I think we should not. I went forty five minutes. I was saying we should do this, and you know, my generation thinks and we shouldn't. And he sat there and he listened right, and he said the value done. I said, yeah, I'm done. He said, you think I made over three billion dollars up?
Speaker 2: Real bad?
Speaker 1: Sorry it ate me the fuck up bad. I said, no you didn't. But he's just so listen to me. I know my audience. I write from my audience. So then I said, well, what do you mean by your audience? He says, most people do content thinking. I can expand over all these different genres. I can expand for these people. I write for the people who support me. And then when I thought about the people who support him, I'm thinking the Bible Belt. I'm thinking about black women between the ages of twenty five to sixty five. And I said to myself, those women grew up watching what soap operas general because.
Speaker 2: They loves you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: People have a lot. I'll be complaining about the seasons.
Speaker 2: But I've tuned in. You know what I'm saying. But they do that. I don't constantly complain about Tyler Perry, but every time he drops a movie it's number one. Every time he drops Beauty and Blade, it goes to number Oh, Beauty finish. I finished Beauty in Black. It was afternoon for you.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, les, I swear to let's some must clap this, you bro the whole half of the season, it was afternoon. Now just finished. I'll give you a contrast, and then you'll you'll be like, oh, you know what, I get it? Fast and Furious has how many movies and tennis? They complain every time a new fashion of Furious comes out? Right, and every time it comes out, what is it in the box office? Number one? Number one? So who cares about who complains? You can complain because you don't watch it. Or if you do watch it, why are you watching every week and complaining me? You know what I'm saying. It's like people complain about content like Fast and Furious. It's a lot of them, they watch it, people complain about it. It's number one. Tyler is a businessman. He's a content creator, and he understands that this, this film, or this show was made for a specific group of people. It ain't made for everybody else who's gonna complain? It's made for them? And those are the people who are typically forgotten. How many films or projects, For example, Precious Precious was a movie that would have never ever gotten made if it wasn't an Oprah Winfrey and Tyler peer Right, it won an Oscar. Monique won in Oscar. I think Gabaret citebe won in Oscar. If it wasn't for those people Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey and Lee Daniels who knew that this audience would love this film, it would have never gotten made. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I will never be mad at Tyler Perry too, because I'm not an actress and I'm not in Hollywood, but I will say we've had a lot of actors and actresses sitting on the couch and they talk about how hard it is to get rolls keeps, he keeps the people paid.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you, oh no, I was just gonna say. And I feel like, at least for me, I be complaining because Tyler Perry don't give us the instant gratification, Like people be wanting instant gratification, Like I don want to know what the fuck is gonna happen, and he do not let you know right away. He gonna he gonna, it's gonna go on for seasons.
Speaker 1: And he be edging. He'd be since we back on that. I like that, since like edging, and he is a pro added.
Speaker 3: But the shows are so good you can't stop watching so good, so it's like you're gonna complain, gonna be like, come on, like when we gonna know what the climax is the then you can't stop watching. I'll tell you he's a pro with it.
Speaker 2: That's why he he sayed three billion.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. He won't be considered three billion liquid for a couple of years, but I can tell you right now that man is worth more than three billion dollars. I believe you more than three billion dollars. And another thing is I've made more money working with Tyler Perry than I ever made as a professional athlete. But I made even more money with the information he gave me, just like fifty cents when it came time to contracts, when it came time to letting people. For example, I'll tell y'all this is podcasts I went. I met with Tyler in twenty nineteen after we did Sisters. We talked and he gave me the story about the ninety ten rule. When he went to CBS. CBS had offered him his own television show and they were just like, oh, we got writers, we got people, and Tyler was like, I don't need that, I'll do it, and they were like, oh, we really don't do it that way. So we walked away, went to TBS, went to TBS and got his own TV show where he got ninety percent and the company got ten percent because he put his own money up House of Pains. And then after House of Pain came Meet the Brown. He was super successful with my podcast. When I was first for Stitcher, they undershot me. They didn't know the value of the black dollar, and they didn't know the value of black following right at Stitcher. They said to me just like, hey, you know, you know, we'll give you a fifty thousand dollar bonus. You gotta get fifty thousand dollars downloads in the first six months and all this other stuff. And I was like, I'm cool on the bonus and They're like, excuse me because I knew my value. Yeah, And I was like, I don't want to I want fifty revenue share everything. Hello. I only noticed because I had been talking to Tyler and they were just like, they were like, wait a minute, So we don't got to give you fifty thousand. I said, no, I want ownership. Dead Ass Podcast is mine. I want that name, and I also want I want the ability to put it on digital content video and you don't own it. You know what? They said, Sure, go ahead the vow. You think you're going to get fifty thousand downloads first week of Dead Ass Post Podcast. Guess how many downloads? Nope? IM think yes, I'll sell two hundred and seventy five thousand. So you know what happened with that. They had to pay me fifty thousand dollars in the first week because we had surpassed to fifty thousand. Hello, you had to pay me that every single week now every single month because we had the revenue share. Yeah, but I learned that from Tyler because it's like them underestimate you. Let them underestimate the black value, the black dollar, black viewership. And that's what they always do to tire. They always underestimate black viewership. Right, and you know what Viacom does. Viacom comes in here, Tyler will give you this and see what you do. Number one, number one, number one, number one, every time, Netflix, number one, number one, Amazon every number one, number one.
Speaker 2: I mean, right there, i'morne, y'all watch this motherfucking show.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like he's whether people like it or not, they still be talking. I'm a person who I just be feeling like you know all Public City is always talking about it every time he drops something. It's number one trending.
Speaker 2: Got off topic a little bit, but talk about the new movie. Yes, yes, yes, Christmas movie Chris talk about that's me me.
Speaker 1: Next Christmas comes out today on Netflix, starring Christina Milion, myself, and Kobe Saribo. I'm excited about it because and then Tyler will admit to this too, but it's outside of the Tyler verse, which means I get to do something on my own, outside of that universe to show my value not only Tyler, but to BT two Netflix, to the people and say, hey, Devala is a draw. So this was an opportunity for me to showcase what I can do. Christina Milion like she's legend. Come dip it low, pick it up slow, come.
Speaker 2: On now, like that's the movie that she did with Nick Cannon. That was her character's name, Perry.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, oh my gosh, she is just so beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the thing. She's an even more beautiful person in person.
Speaker 2: She's good at rom com she is, she's really. She has a few Netflix rom coms. I watched all of them.
Speaker 1: She's good. She's good. She's good. So to me, this was like a no brainer. I want to expand myself as an artist. I want people to see me outside of the BT Universal and Talent University. Netflix has three hundred million viewers. Hopefully that can expand what I do. But it's fun. If you are the spind or not, that is the question. I love y'all. Y'all. We love you to y'all. That's a good episode.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, is Drena calls the et out of Muse Beauty. Are you ready to take your beauty brand to the next level? Well, I've got something special just for you. I'm introducing the Keys to a Successful e Commerce Brand Ebook. In this god, I spilled all of my secrets on how I build Muse Beauty from the ground up into a global beauty brand serving thousands of customers from all over the world. From defining your brand vision to mastering marketing strategies, this book literally covers it all, plus exclusive highlights and tips that you won't find anywhere else.
Speaker 1: But way, y'all, it's more.
Speaker 3: Check out my curated vendors list featuring over fifty top suppliers in the beauty, fashion, and packaging industries. Where the unique cosmetics, accessories, clothing, or chek packaging. I've got you hovers.
Speaker 2: So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Go to www dot mus Beauty collection dot com and get your ebook your vendors list, or you could bottle them both together, all.
Speaker 1: Right by y'all.
Speaker 3: So yes, it's time to bring in the question. You know, sport your heart out. If you have any questions, you can always send them to ask Poor Minds at gmail dot com. That's ASKPO. You are in my NDAs at gmail dot com. Send us your questions, send us your testimonials, because sometimes we'll.
Speaker 2: Be giving y'all bad advice. That's the fact.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is the question.
Speaker 1: You think you would good as you think you give good advice. I don't. I don't think i'll give good advice. How I think? Did I give my perspective? How you can take it or leave it? Figure? If you don't want to throw that motherfucker out, all right, well be about to get the veiled perspective get him.
Speaker 3: I've been following you guys for about four or five years now, and I always feel in tune with you guys weekly and I look forward to Friday's religiously. It's always so enlightening that I connect with most topics each week. I'm a leo. I just turned thirty in July. I have an eight year old daughter, and I just left the most stereotypical one and a half year jail relationship. Who wasn't her father. I met him through my friend who I've known since middle school. We always plan to be on love after lockup. Once he was close to a date, and now that he.
Speaker 1: You rode into the show, LEXI, what may go ahead, Dre? I just not see.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking godess see what I jumped on you?
Speaker 1: I see you? You said like, wait a minute, Oh y'all about the love?
Speaker 3: This next port? What y'all about the love? This next word?
Speaker 2: She said?
Speaker 3: And now that he is home, he ended things with me saying I'm not for him. Such a blessing. I wasn't embarrassed on TV like that, l L. It felt like I was literally stabbed in the heart and I seen the future with him. I knew there was something off by intuition, and I would ask and he would say he was locked in and he's with me. He sent me, gives money, seen and talked to him daily and weekly until he didn't need me anymore and he was close to release. I feel like I dodged a bullet, and I also feel stupid as hell.
Speaker 1: But I say this.
Speaker 3: I say this to say that this week's episode y'all made me feel like the show must go on and I need to focus on me way more lo ill and it's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 3: Y'all are like my big sissies for real, and God does amazing things through you too, So I guess it wasn't really a question.
Speaker 1: It was that's what girl Na was locked up.
Speaker 2: And let me tell y'all because I say.
Speaker 1: This a lot, lad, you loved that nigga alone?
Speaker 2: Since I glad we helped you come to your sensey what I mean, but I mean a man he was already in jail.
Speaker 3: She happy to leave that nigga alone because God said I he loved first.
Speaker 1: He was like, which was a blessing in disguise. He said, we locked in, ain't no switching up sight.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel about women dating men in jail?
Speaker 1: She said they were gonna be on love after lock up?
Speaker 2: Like, what are you doing to cry?
Speaker 1: Talk about that?
Speaker 2: SELEXI a nigga?
Speaker 1: Don't leave me? Oh my god? Man, so, oh my god. It was a very chaotic question. I mean, she said, I was with this dude. As soon as he got out. He was just like, yeah, he said, man, okay, So oh man, wow. First thing I realized she's thirty. Y'all going to hell? Person, I'm gonna say y'all going to hell. Both of y'all going to hell, for you for reading that question out loud, and for you for laughing and making them jokes. And I'm trying to be serious trying to help this young lady. It's the first thing I'm gonna say. She's thirty, she has an eight year old. The fact that she was dating someone in lock up and she probably hasn't met tells me that she probably has some self esteem issues. If you feel you have to just go jump to a dude that's locked up that you met through your middle school friend and you can't meet someone that's out, means you don't value yourself.
Speaker 2: You can't meet the man.
Speaker 1: You can't meet him at that's free. I didn't say that, let's y'all, don't say that. What you starting trump? I didn't say that's where, but I meant that. I didn't say it, but I meant that. LEXI say what I meant, because I'm not trying to get canceled. I said, I didn't say that, but I but I said that. All right. If a woman is like, you know, I gotta go find somebody who's locked up, I don't think her self esteem is good. I think that you dodge the bullet. I think that you have to focus on yourself and also your eight year old child. You don't gotta worry about chasing men. If you are catch and you out here in parenting and being the best version of yourself, the right man will come for you. Hopefully he'll be free. Okay, not see you.
Speaker 2: Better?
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what you're right.
Speaker 2: Let me see but let me but let me say this to her. Let me say this to hear and all women out there and even man too. When you really truly love yourself, I'm gonna say something good. You never know what's not but for real, because I went through a time in my life, like in my early thirties where I was just like doing anything, and I say, this is so somebody, Yeah, you've never done it.
Speaker 3: Never. She had never, never, she had me.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's beneath me, that is beneath me. If he don't try, if he on trial or he got out, I'm with that. But in jail, I not doing that. So you would data Zach, you would date, you would date a Zach a x con No. I know plenty of I I know plenty of good x cons.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it depends on like what what murder?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, if you can murder somebody, you might murder me.
Speaker 1: So how about what if what if I told you a stat that you didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know stats about no murder, I true crime.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Over eighty percent of the inmates who are in jail are in jail because they they they accepted a plea deal, finds that they didn't come.
Speaker 2: But guess what A hundred percent can't get me. That's my statistic.
Speaker 1: Iry to help you all out in jail.
Speaker 2: Like dating somebody in jail, it's crazy me now I have dated. It's a reformed hoom I used.
Speaker 3: To love me or reformed hood nigga back in the day.
Speaker 2: I've changed.
Speaker 3: I'm wrong, but I feel like they desire a chance to I won't get you a chance, but I know a lot of X con.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So different people accept different things, But this is what I was saying. When you truly, truly love yourself, you will not accept anything beneath that. When you treat yourself well, when you love yourself, when you just work on yourself, you won't even be in a situation where a man can be in jail and get out and you felt used and abuse.
Speaker 1: I agree with Yeah, so you have to really, Yeah, you gotta really.
Speaker 2: When you really love yourself and you know the value and what you bring to the table, you're not gonna accept no bullshit. And it takes a while to get there. But whether he left you, or you left him, or you dodge the bullet, at least you realize that now and you can do what you need to do to move forward.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I agree with that. Let me preach now, go ahead, let the words.
Speaker 2: I don't got three billion, but I got three dollars.
Speaker 1: Talk about it, talk about it. Lets you know what I'm saying. We ain't even do the bob.
Speaker 2: That's all right, we gotta Okay, we ain't gonna do the bob.
Speaker 1: Let him know what? What's THEO?
Speaker 2: Another week? Okay? Well, what do you were about? What you've been jamming? This week?
Speaker 1: I've been listening to changes by Tupac. I was this government and this is this election that had me, you know, it's had me stressed. So I've been listening to changes about to because I'm old LEXI, I swear to God, I'm gonna fight you when this camera go up. We don't stop, but we the like. I swear to god, we're almost the same ass. Y'all are how old are you five?
Speaker 2: I'm thirty five.
Speaker 1: I'm thirty three. Oh yeah, we ain't that. They're right there too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I talk tupac changes. Did you ever see that video of Santana's working?
Speaker 1: It changes?
Speaker 2: Okay, you seen He.
Speaker 1: Don't know you've seen this first of all, said saying, this is my mans a rock with Santana. We did some stuff together, but I'm not gonna watch a video with something and it went viral. Why would I watch that?
Speaker 2: Though I don't know it went.
Speaker 1: Virals ant I come up on your timeline.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna not play just because you fwiped up.
Speaker 1: He said that. Yeah, but you said if I watched it, I can.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 1: I can look up and I can see Santana talking about some Oh that's just funny. I can look up and see Santana's working and just swipe that motherfucker. So I didn't see him. That's a good. I'm not trying to see him t work. That's just my man. I'll take your work and I'll just be like.
Speaker 2: Not Santana, let us know when I could find your podcast, what days it drives, where they can find you and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, you can find me at Imdavao on all platforms, the Dead Ass podcast That's Dead Ass with Kadeen and the Vale. You can find us there. You can watch Meet Me Next Christmas today November sixth on Netflix. Make sure you watch Sisters on BT and Zatima on BT Plus. I feel like we gotta have you back on the show.
Speaker 3: You and your wife.
Speaker 1: We gotta have that would be I think, y'all funny.
Speaker 2: We gotta have her.
Speaker 1: I think y'all can bring the parts of Kadeen out that people don't know because Kadeena hood chicks, she's for and she's so used to being like, you know, put together, and this would be fun for her.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Definitely, we'll definitely come back. We'll definitely go.
Speaker 2: But thank y'all tuning in. Make sure y'all subscribe to our Patreon. New episodes drop every Monday. Y'all. Check out Music Beautycollection dot com all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: What else we got.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe to the channel. Subscribe to the channel.
Speaker 1: Tour dates are dropping there going on tour, aga on your money and what's.
Speaker 2: Se y'all next week by y'all, y'all, make sure y'all share the content like subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close off, y'all, there is one Twitter account that is connected to pour minds. It's p oh, you are underscore in my nds. Y'all are tagging the wrong poor minds page. If you see at poor minds with no underscore, that is at fake page, do not follow that page. Okay, they block me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both. So we only have one Instagram, one Twitter, one TikTok. It is p oh you are underscore in my nds, all right, and we got hell a fake Facebook page. The Facebook page our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page actually have the least amount of fileport. So if you're on Facebook, one that's ours got the least amount of file but one that's not us it's got like two hundred if you actually look at the content, because the caption is like whoever it is, don't speak English because their captains are like bumba clade. Should men should men pay bill? Should men pay bill?
Speaker 1: Yes? No?
Speaker 2: Check answer below block block.
Speaker 3: Like that's literally what the captions?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what that DG is? Bumba Claude claud were ready hobby.
Speaker 1: Got a little something something.
Speaker 2: In my bedroom? Oh yeah, so girl, please don't be.
Speaker 1: There's a meeting in my there's.
Speaker 2: Amazing in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: So please don't make me away you. I know I'm waiting. There's a meaning and there's a meeting in my bedroom. Looking at my roading, girl, I see it's almost time.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, got a little something signing for my sexy. No no, no, no, I like having you around, so I gotta put you down. I like I said, run wrong words. I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So be there. There's amazing in my bedroom. Room never.
Speaker 2: So girl, please don't be. There's meaning in my bedroom.
Speaker 7: There's a meaning and moaning my benerom Laura loa, So girl, don't mean me.
Speaker 1: Way my bet.
Speaker 2: There's a meeting in my bed.
Speaker 5: Yea step into me casso layer down boom, Mama, Hana, got a little sun sumthing on my sexy.
Speaker 1: My mom, Mama.
Speaker 5: Been checking for you since day one yr my mooning you're my son, love.
Speaker 1: No real, do you chicking? And you know that I'm stilling, yesty lo.
Speaker 2: So be therebesquare yo, So girl, please don't be lave me.
Speaker 1: Don't be lame.
Speaker 2: Don't be lame, don't be lame. Ro man. Okay, you know what the bed Bozlers, the bear bolers, We ain't that ship.
Speaker 1: And we'll see y'all next week. My Mama, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Mama, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Mama, Ma Ma.
Speaker 2: Mom Hey ma Ma.
Speaker 1: Ma Ma, Ma, Ma Ma, Mama, Mama, Ma, my mama. What you're going to now, What you're going to now? No, I don't know, Yeah, yeah, I don't know the words.
Speaker 2: Don't care. We're in my room, y