Speaker 1: What do you call two guys that were there when this happened?
Speaker 2: Back to return at Spurlock.
Speaker 3: Michael Spurlock of the Chimok.
Speaker 4: He's still the twenty. He's to the twenty five Parlo thirty to the forty yard line.
Speaker 2: We could see history.
Speaker 4: Fifty forty to the thirty yard light. Now look, Michael run, Michael Luck, Michael run, touchdown, Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: There you go, and.
Speaker 4: That shotgun sends wee receivers left. Here's the staff of the glitzer has picked up Brady Unity caught ball ups.
Speaker 2: He has the record at the eleven yard line.
Speaker 4: Mike Evins becomes the first NFL player in lead history to record a thousand yards of more of this first seventh seasons.
Speaker 3: That want to throw by Brady.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Mike Evens, who can forget looking gat holds up the hats.
Speaker 3: Other side, Terrek Bucks thirty touchdown Tampa Bay. Derek Brooks the most valuable player.
Speaker 1: In the National Football League. There it is Dot Daggers in we are gonna win.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl. Here's the snap.
Speaker 2: Mahomes running to his right. Lookout he may run Mahome director.
Speaker 4: Now battle INTERCEVN picked over the ins on Fox.
Speaker 1: I gotta beat the Chief.
Speaker 3: Where the chapters of the world that we still have.
Speaker 2: I'm in a thirty three Togo Davin White.
Speaker 3: What a great second season. That's it for Casey. Bucks are the Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 2: They can't stop the plot. We call them the Salty Dogs.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody, do the Salty Dogs podcast. I'm Scott Smith, I'm Jeff Ryan, and we are the Salty Dogs. Yeah, and uh, we're feeling good. I've been looking forward to this one for a few days now.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for well, oh the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was just happy to have a victory Monday in a month. It's been awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been waiting for a win for a while. The Bucks coming off now a thirty to seven domination of the New York Giants and the Meadowlands. And it's not just that the Bucks won, Jeff, it's there. There was so much cool stuff that happened. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a game for if you were a Buck fan, to make you feel good that, hey, this is why this team could be.
Speaker 3: Were you overwhelmed by all the tweets? Because there were so many things tweeted about.
Speaker 2: It was a lot going on it was. It was a lot happening. And my my takeaway from that game was you did what you were supposed to do and it wasn't a squeaker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, even even if you're playing a team I think we were favored by five or five and a half points on the road, on the road, even then, even if you win the game, I mean, you've been happy with any kind of wish. Oh yeah, absolutely. I think they did more than just take care of business to beat any team. Thirty to twenty seven. I mean, thirty to seven is a pretty good accomplishment. I mean, look at the Chiefs. Yeah, just barely squeaking by the Panthers that they're winning. Oh no, no, I know. I'm just saying they did what they were supposed to do as well, but only one by three points.
Speaker 2: And I will take the responsibility of losing this shit out in a stupid move on my part. I was planning ahead, which you should not do, and I didn't have my game book with me, and so I went on, I'll just text Scott and I said, hey, when was the last time the Bucks had a shutout? And he replied back to me it was against the Panthers last year at last in January of last year, the last regular nothing and tell them what you did after you text me.
Speaker 3: As soon as I texted you, I I turned to Andrew in the communication department and said, well, when we lose this shut out, you can blame.
Speaker 2: Joyeah and for JR.
Speaker 3: Is what I said.
Speaker 2: And guess what we did.
Speaker 3: We did and you're taking it. You're taking credit for it. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And I knew you know, it's funny you kind of like I like to be ready for that stuff.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, but that's when you quietly look it up on your own and anybody else.
Speaker 2: Right, And I take and and so here is my this week's game book right here, and it's going to go in it actually, like here's last week's. It's on the prind.
Speaker 3: Didn't make the trip, I know, and I and I had it so it would go in. You've even got it open to the last time I do.
Speaker 2: So I was looking at some stuff.
Speaker 3: One of the stat pages I update every week is called last time. That's what It's just a list of the last time a number of different things happened. And had Jeff had that with him, he could have just turned to turned it because there's definitely a last shutout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and give you an examples, like the last time one hundred yards rushing by the Bucks or buy an opponent, you know, one hundred and fifty yards receiving, just little things that you just might not.
Speaker 3: Hastime we got a safety. Yeah, last time we won, ye last shutout. Last time we won in the final game of the minute.
Speaker 2: Of the game, kickoff return for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Last time a quarterback through five touchdowns and four touchdowns, three touchdowns, and.
Speaker 2: You can The point is you can write in next week's last time Jr. Is going to ask shutout? Ask any questions?
Speaker 3: Yes, hopefully we're worried about that again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, we did shut out the Panzers the last time we played them. Hm. It was a close game though, and it was only because of Antoine Winfield that we shout yea as well. But anyway, what I mean by there was so much cool stuff going is like, I'm sure most people that would listen to this podcast have already heard these notes or read them on Buccaneers Dot Commerce somewhere. But for the first time in any game in franchise history, four different guys scored a rushing Touchdow. Yeah, all three active running backs and a quarterback and our quarterback. So that was Rashad White, Bucky Irving, Sean Tucker, and Baker Mayfield, not that order. Ye, Tucker was first, which was by the way, since I do consume fantasy football stuff, podcasts and articles. That's what that's what's called being vultured because people nobody would have started Seawan Tucker. He didn't even play a single offensive snap of the game before, but in fantasy a lot of people would be starting Bucky Irving, who ran the ball down to the one, and then they put in Sean Tucker not to mention Vita, and that hurt, and so Sean Tucker got the six points for the touchdown instead of instead. But it ended up being a good fantasy game for Bucky as well, sure since he also scored, and he had the fifty six yard run, he had.
Speaker 2: Grazed thirty two yard catch.
Speaker 3: Both those plays wereus.
Speaker 2: That the best part about that play was Baker Mayfield running down.
Speaker 3: Not sure how much he helped. I think he helped a little.
Speaker 2: He got a chip block in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he I mean Bucky did get about fifteen more yards at the after the point at which Baker made contact with one of the defenders. I think the guy that we needed to take out of play, unfortunately, was on the other side of Bucky. Yeah, that's the guy that was going to catch him any case. It was a cool play. But okay, so you have that first time in almost fifty years of football that's ever happened for the Buccaneers. Wow. And then also eleven different players caught a pass, which tied a team record and has only been done now five times for the Buccaneers. Have both those happened in the same game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. And there was not a touch There was not a receiving touch.
Speaker 3: No, there no passing touchdos. But and this brings me to another great note. I got it written down, but I don't even need to look at it. I was going to say it later, but you just brought it up. Baker Mayfield did not throw a touchdown pass, yet his passer rating at the end of the game was a one hundred and seven point five. That is the highest single game passer rating in team history without a touchdown in a game where the guy didn't throw a touchdown. It's really hard to get a pass rating that high without throwing some touchdown. You would think you have to be basically near perfect on completion percentage. And he didn't throw a pick, and his yards per tempre was like nine point eight, which is the highest of the year because he threw for two hundre ninety four yards on thirty passes. I looked in the last no, I looked it up. I don't know how far back it went, but there were only three instances in the entire NFL, dating back to like two thousand at least, in which any quarterback got a pass rating over one oh five without throwing a touchdown pass. One of them was Kurt Warner back like in two and one of them was Ben Roethlisberger in like twenty fourteen. So it's just totally uncommon. And yeah, we kept running the ball in because we would get the ball down to the one, Like Mike Evans, they tries to throw a touchdown pass instead, he gets a passer ferens on the balls at the one and would run it in, right, I mean, Baker, nobody on the team cares who scores. Sure, just get the ball in the end.
Speaker 2: As long as you do score.
Speaker 3: He easily could have had several touchdown passes in that game, but the ball just kept getting stoped right around the one.
Speaker 2: It was a fun game, it was, and the weather was absolutely terrific.
Speaker 3: It was a gorgeous thing.
Speaker 2: It really was. It's one of those days where and you took the crowd out right away.
Speaker 3: Michael Pannick said, it did get a little chili down on the field the.
Speaker 2: Winter in Yeah, and when the sun shifts over right, Yeah, it goes because it gets wet dark quick there right now. Yeah, gets dark around four fifteen, which nobody likes. Yeah, we were on the bus and it was like only like five thirty in the afternoon, and you thought it was like, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to be there a little earlier than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was air traffic controlling issues, which this traveling for the Thanksgiving weekend. We've had a hard go.
Speaker 3: My son's flying back in tonight. Oh great from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Just himself or yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we got on the plane. The plane arrived a little later than expected, and then we sat on it for a while because they air traffic controls were just they were they.
Speaker 2: Were holding a lot of flights out of Jacksonville was being held up shortage of air traffic controllers.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that what it was? But it was mainly flights headed to the northeast. So we just it was just bad luck. And that wasn't a big deal at all. But I did learn a very valuable lesson what don't count on the planes entertainment system working. You have to bring a back up. So it was working when we got on. I started watching a movie. Yeah, and then it went out, which happens, and they'd usually rebooted, and then you're fine and it rebooted. But you just I saw you doing it too. You push that continue, but nothing would happened. And then it rebooted like three more times, just to tease you that it was going to start working. And it didn't work the entire flight up or back. So on the way back, I make sure I had I had some entertainment holded on my tablet because I didn't think of that headed in. You you got to be prepared for the book or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are champagne problems.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, You're absolutely you know.
Speaker 2: At a time, people would fly in their plane and there was no entertainment there was in the front. I remember the TVs used to drop down and you thought that was really yeah, or the one in the middle of the aisle and you would just lean to watch it.
Speaker 3: I know, you're absolutely right. It's a miracle that we're able to fly from one city to another. And I'm here complaining about the entertainment, sister. But that's my point. I learned a lesson. Bring a book now, every puzzle book.
Speaker 2: Now. Everybody complains if there's not life, especially when you're on a one o'clock game, flying home you want to watch.
Speaker 3: So or on Saturday flight wanting to watch college football.
Speaker 2: See, I'm fine just sitting there really, Yeah, I just nothing. Yeah, you don't look at your phone well when the WiFi is dropping in and out. No, just sometimes I just especially after a game, I just want to.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm tired.
Speaker 3: I mean it's probably a good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I've had a headset on for you know, four hours and just listening to all different chatters.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what to do. I can't just sit there. I played a game on my phone for a long Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did notice that you were It was.
Speaker 3: About all I could do.
Speaker 2: What was the game?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's called. It's just a game where you keep adding your point to so that's what you do. And I just chill. I played a little Mexican dominoes. Ah, that's a fun game.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good. So what else you get on this game?
Speaker 3: Where do you want me to start?
Speaker 2: Well, let's see.
Speaker 3: Here's what I would say. I think to me, and we just talked about. I think the two big things to me from this game. One is after Okay, so after Chris god one of Mike Evans got hurt, there was a steady decline in our offensive numbers. It was still pretty impressive what Liam and Baker were able to do in most of those games without those guys, but it was it was hard. It was a struggle, and were particularly were dropping explosive plays. And then the two losses right before the by to Kansas City and San Francisco, both of which were three point losses, right yep. Zero plays of twenty or more yards, not a single one. And I think Baker said it too before this last game. You know, it's hard to keep We were scoring almost thirty points a game before those injuries. It's hard to keep scoring that many points when every drive has to be methodical. And we talked about that last week and some of the drives you sometimes you succeed, but more often than not, something's going to mess up that drive. But if you mix in a thirty yard play here or a fifty yard play there, now you're cutting the field in half. Yeah, and you don't have to make twelve plays. You can do it in four or something, right, less chance to mess it up. So zero of those plays in those two games. We had six of them against the Giants, and five different players caught a pass of more than twenty five yards. That's great, That's what we were talking about San Francisco doing when they beat us.
Speaker 2: But I will say I did enjoy the first drive as methodically the Yeers marched down the field and took all that time off the clock. I mean it happened eight and a half minute drive and it was just go and you really had a sense that that was the kind of day it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Right And and that's perfect for what the point I was making. I agree that was a fantastic drive. Methodical got it in yep. But then also after that we started getting explosive plays and that's how we were able to score thirty points this of like twenty the week out right. So yeah, it's good that you can do both of those things. And it basically i'd say it's the Bucks offense is finding lots of different ways to win.
Speaker 2: That's what I like the best. It's not just one one guy. It's you got to pay attention to everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And eventually I love Vidavea being in the block, but I my guess is in a few games, somewhere down the line he's getting the wall. Don't say that, Wow, what you don't You don't think a coach is looking at that and there now they gotta now they got to play for it. You can mess with him.
Speaker 3: Robert Hainesy was also in on those places and so they could throw it to him to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And speaking of vidave I really felt bad for the center of the Giants. He a grown man getting pushed back that.
Speaker 3: I mean, whoa did you hear Clija talk about He's like he's not even serious in the huddle. He's like cracking jokes in the huddle. He's happy, he's got mad.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine him being pistol.
Speaker 3: For him to do that to a grown man without even being pissed off.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And you gotta feel for the guy because you know, in the film room in New York they're killing him right now.
Speaker 3: Well, they probably understand it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you know, I mean, when you see Vita A on TV, he looks big. Until you see him in person, you really don't understand how large a man this is. But the best play was the running back trying to go by him and he sticks his arms yeah, one handed, like like it was a little carab. Yeah, like a little kid.
Speaker 3: No, you're not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unreal.
Speaker 3: It's like when you put your hand on your little brother's forehead, whip your arms around. Yeah. So okay. So the other thing I said, there were two things that really stand out, one being the exposed to plays being back. The other is just Baker Mayfield is an entertainer man, Oh keeps put on a show. Think of all the things that he did in that game. Yep. First of all, like I said, he completed twenty four to thirty passes for twohundred ninety four yards. All right, check one hundred and seven point five passers.
Speaker 2: An efficient passer.
Speaker 3: Okay, he ran a ten yard touchdown in in which he juked one defender and then dived over another.
Speaker 2: Check great touchdown.
Speaker 3: Then he delighted Bucks fans with his tribute to Tommy DeVito yeah, and with his uh you almost touched down? I did. I messed up one tweet. Somebody somebody pointed out to me.
Speaker 2: What we're talking about is Divito. When you say de Vito, what's the first name you think of?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: So when you're when you're that's because I had so many you're just tweets. I was firing off, and this one was about Jordan Whitehead getting hurt. Not only did I call him Jordan white Yeah in the tweet, but I called Tommy DeVito Danny DeVito. I got both names wrong in the.
Speaker 2: Same time and they got blown up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't somebody told me about it and I didn't notice until Monday morning, and then I looked at him like, oh, I can't believe I did that. But it was kind of funny, and I deleted it. But to many people have already seen him.
Speaker 2: So but it happens because you're going and doing stuff on the fly. You know, Yeah, I'm trying to get it out there. So back to he makes it, he makes it, he does the uh the the way the Tommy DeVito is his hands up in the air kind of like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, money money, funny gesture with his fingers. Okay, so all those things we've already said Baker did he Also you mentioned he was fifty yards downfield blocking.
Speaker 2: For directing traffic. Wave follow me, follow.
Speaker 3: Me for Bucky on his fifty six yard run. And how about this one? I think it was Buck Bucky fumbled at like the five yard line and nobody noticed.
Speaker 2: No one saw the ball pop out.
Speaker 3: And then it kicked off two different offen.
Speaker 2: And Baker Mayfield jumps off.
Speaker 3: He's well, he didn't just jump on it. He ran like ten yards to get to it because he saw it first and he ran like ten yeards and jump on it. And you see the replaying it wasn't fumble. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you talk about presence of mind and not checking out on a play, all that stuff that Baker is doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just so much. It's I you know, I read on Twitter or something, and you're reading comments or reading comments somewhere else. Bucks fans love this guy, Well.
Speaker 2: There's I think he was misunderstood. I think that you know, when you're a first round pick and you're going to a team that's really struggling and that's Cleveland, which they seem to still be struggling, and you're supposed to be the be all to be all, and he's young and he had success there, got hurt and then it went south on him. But I think because he spoke his mind and that doesn't always bow well when you're not winning. And well, I think that's what kind of got got him.
Speaker 3: He's a good leader on this great leader. He's fiery, he is willing to do whatever it takes, like when he's on little scrambles.
Speaker 2: He loves the game of football.
Speaker 3: And you know, you read the it's often on articles about the Browns and it's like back and forth between Browns fans saying they want him back, why did we let him go? And Bucks fans saying thank you for for letting us have Baker.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they gave up on him pretty quick.
Speaker 3: They well they just decided that the shiny thing in the display case being Deshaun Watson, and.
Speaker 2: Boy that really paid out. Well I paid out. See what I did there. Yeah, they're the only ones that are paying on that one. It is, which is which that deal changed the NFL pay scale for quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 2: You don't think it did. No.
Speaker 3: The thing that everybody's worried about in that deal was that all of the money was guaranteed teed. Yeah, the money keeps going up, but that was gonna happen anyway. Yeah, but nobody else has gotten a fully guaranteed deal since that.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess apparently it shows why you shouldn't at that point. But but yes, Baker is what you see is for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some of the throat Like I remember one throw where he scrambled out of trouble to the right and then threw like maybe a fifteen to twenty year past to Mike Evans, and it was just he can get so much zip on the ball even when running. And I just I just I said a few weeks ago he could just make He can make all the.
Speaker 2: Throws, not afraid to go run for a first down if he sees the opportunity, which kind of scares you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean he's gonna do it. So I when I see him take off in most cases if you could tell that he's got the open grass, like he's going to do what it takes to make it there. But there was one of those plays where he scrambled and I thought he it was third down and I thought he was gonna scramble for the for the first down. Instead, he lobbed it over the top to Paying Durham, who had kind of broken off his rock.
Speaker 2: Which was a great catch.
Speaker 3: It was a great catch, but he put it over the defender to where only pain could get it. I mean, he he got it to us. It wasn't an easy play, but he got it to a spot where Paying could get it. And it made me think, how do these quarterbacks know because they seem to inherently know that they haven't crossed the line of scrimmage yet how few times? How many times have you watched a guy scramble forward and then make a throw and think, oh, come on, he was over the line? And how many times did was he actually over the line? You very rarely see that penalty.
Speaker 2: Is it totally over the line?
Speaker 3: You have to be the line?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can you can be one leg over, one leg in the back.
Speaker 3: You're I don't know why I'm standing up, can't see me, but you couldn't have your foot like if you're straight out, if this is the line of the line of scrimmage right back here, Look how I've got like a yard and a half of past the line where my foot is. But as long as like the back of my foot has not been touching the line, you're still you're still okay.
Speaker 2: Which is a weird rule, right, And that's what throws everybody off, because everybody thinks once you take one step over it, he goes, oh, he's you're over the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying how I mean. I know sometimes you could be running to the line and you could see the marker, right, But it can't be the case. He can't always be looking where you can see the market. But they always seem to know they're not over the line. I thought Baker was over the line when he threw that ball, ye, but he clearly knew he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Right, it's president. I guess that's what makes you a good quarterback, right.
Speaker 3: One of the things right, throwing good is probably the biggest one.
Speaker 2: Throwing good, seeing the field. He does all of those things.
Speaker 3: So actually I think that's number one. I think I've always thought that great quarterbacks just have an innate vision to see the field. And it's a thing you can't teach a player doesn't have it, right, correct, You can get him better in a lot of ways, right, but they're never going to be that great Tom Brady type quarterback if they don't have an innate a bit to see the whole field.
Speaker 2: Yeah they can, you can work on their mechanics things of that nature, but you can't. You can't change that. So but as you said, Baker Mayfield has live up to everything we were hoping for and more. Yeah, all right, what else you're looking at?
Speaker 3: Lot's you know we have eleven rushing touchdowns? Now, yeah, you know how many we had last year? Uh ten, eight to eight and seventeen games. We have eleven and eleven games, and we're something we're I think we're tenth in rushing yards per game and top ten and yards per carry. I mean, it's something we haven't had a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it great that last year all everybody was talking about is you've got to get a running game, and this year nothing is being said about lack of a running.
Speaker 3: Game because we don't have a lack of running game, right, but what a difference. Uh, you know, you get you get a second back. I mean we have a third in Seann Tucker about primarily a second back in Bucky Irving, who has worked out well, very great, you could say, by the way.
Speaker 2: About that, How about that the Buck fans that were up there yelling Bucky Bucky And every time we.
Speaker 3: Go to New York, I feel like we could get good fan show out.
Speaker 2: But to me, that's just not an easy stadium to get to. You know, I don't know it's because it's out kind of Nowhere's Land, but I guess.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of a concrete jungle.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, that's all that's there.
Speaker 3: It's just overpasses all over the place.
Speaker 2: That would be the New Jersey Turnpike.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, but yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I made you go. You were talking about rushing touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Yeah more than yeah, we were. Obviously the run game is doing a lot better, and that's something that Liam Cohen stressed from this first, very first day here. So that's really but yeah, you get, you get one more back, so it's not all on a shod and you get a guy that's a little bit different in that he is so good at breaking tackles or forcing mistackles out, turning small runs into long ones. His thirty two yard screen had like thirty three yards of yak on it, and he had juke out about three guys before he got into the open field.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then that that fifty six yard run was just a simple pitch around the left end and they had him and bottled up and he found a way out. I'm not going to say who some of his moves look like because I don't want to be ridiculed again. Whoa you remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he has that look like that by Scott But yeah that.
Speaker 3: And then you get a new center in Graham Barton who's apparently playing.
Speaker 2: Very well, playing very well.
Speaker 3: Cody Mauk, the whole get Bigger and Stronger thing comparently is working definitely.
Speaker 2: And having Luke back was great, but.
Speaker 3: We didn't have Tristan Wurf's and Justin School played great.
Speaker 2: And during the pregame show, we had Jason light on as we do every week live, and he was talking about the offensive line and he felt like today was going to be a break out game for the O line.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yes, that's quite a prediction given that coming into that game.
Speaker 2: And and he mentioned it and we were I guess I can share this. We were on the airplane and it's eight o'clock at night and I get a text from Jason and he says, how about my fortune telling the skull and Retison having good games?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: And he talked about Retison having a good game because he formed a New York Giant and he had something to prove. And so when Jason said it, I made a note about O Line because I figured, Okay, let's see. But it was great that that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then Todd Bowles, either postgame or on Monday, really was heaping a lot of praise on mouk In, Graham Barton.
Speaker 2: And also Luke Getticky.
Speaker 3: But well, no, the two guys he brought up, Yeah, because they were talking about holding Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 2: We called his name one time.
Speaker 3: He had one quarterback hit, he had no sex. This was a guy that led all NFL interior defensive lineman with nine sacks coming into that game. Despite the fact, what are you looking at? That's a guy that talks about Yeah, it's the scientist guy. Yeah, I can't think of his name.
Speaker 2: I can't either. Oh man, you're like, you're like a shiny penny guy. I mean seriously, Oh, Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Lit one sack.
Speaker 3: He had been going into that game. He had been double teamed on sixty four point six percent of his pastor's snaps and had nine sacks. That's crazy. If you have either of those two things from a nose tackle, you love it to get both is insane.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: By the way, with Vida having six and Calidja having five, Yeah, the Bucks and the Bucks, Yeah that too. The Bucks and the Rams are the only two teams with two interior linemen with the least five sacks. Wow. So that whole idea of pairing Kelijah with Vita, now that Kelijah's healthy, it's really showing up. Yeah. But yeah, they the Giants. That's an incredible prediction by Jason Jason Nostrodamus because the Giants led the league in sacks for pass play rate coming into a game at thirteen nine percent, so they were essentially the best pass rush in the NFL. No secks, thirty passes, no.
Speaker 2: Sacks, And which interesting is when he said it. He said it with conviction. It wasn't It was kind of like, hey, what do you think of the old line today? And he was all in and boy, he sure saw that he saw something.
Speaker 3: All of gamling that you know, in a game like and in addition to all the great feelings that it gives me, it also just makes me go, man, Chris Godwin, Oh yeah, add Chris Godwin to what you just saw.
Speaker 2: Bringing up Chris Godwin. He was on Bucks Turtle Access on Monday. It's It's on bucks dot com hit podcast. Absolutely terrific. Just just listening to him for fifty three minutes is really awesome.
Speaker 3: And he talked about how he felt right afterwards, and he's coming off the cart for the one first time he'd ever been taking off the field on a cart because when he tore his a cl you know one or whatever it was, he walked off the field. You can't really do that when your ankle's not going in the right direction. Right now, he talked about what the rehab process has been like, which was not easy in the first couple of weeks because he was a lot of lying on his back. He has not been able to still isn't allowed to put weight on it yet for the first six weeks. But he also talked about, you know, how determined he is to do this rehab, like just like he was last time. And then the feedback from fans when it was announced that he was going to be the guy is really really the buck fans wanted to hear from him. How's it going? Buck fans love Chris Godwin. We all do too, of course, yes, but I'm just saying we just talked about how great the offensive line is playing and it'll be and that was without Tristan Wurf's and all Pro left tackle. You got a great stable running backs now, right. I mean you love all those guys at this point. You got Mike Evans back, you found Kate Otten has really emerged, You found a lot of different ways to move the ball. You got pretty much everything. Yeah, you can't replace what Chris was doing, though. I mean, think about the Zerling. Shepherd had like five catches and most of them were straight down the line, screen tunnel screen type things, but he only ended up with like sixteen yards. He's done some nice work on screens, but they didn't come to much in this game. I mean, that's like the Chris Godwin specialty. I'm just saying the Buccaneers are top five scoring offense right now. I think we're fourth, And if Chris Goden was there, you could make an argument that it's the best offense in the league. You probably have to argue with Baltimore Fans. Well, yes, not the Chiefs this year, Buffalo, maybe Miami. There's some pretty good offenses out there, but they would be in the discussion as the best offense in the league. I think if Chris Godwin was.
Speaker 2: There, right and he and everything you said is true, and if you when you listen to him speak about all of what he's going through and how he's trying to come back, it certainly is. At one point when he was talking about laying on the field and talking about where one ankle, which is normal, and then his other leg the ankle is Yeah, that's not the way it's supposed to be. I mean, it is kind of I don't know how to describe it. Gros No, it wasn't gross. There was more of it just made you like going, oh man, you know you you he really brought you into how he was feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't ever want a feeling that. So we had we had three three straight touchdown drives in the game that where eighty two yards are along. I know, crazy, right, Yeah, there was never any point where you felt like they were really coming back. No, but twenty three to nothing coming out of halftime, they finally get a drive. Now in the first let me just throw these stats out there. In the first half, the Giants had forty five yards of offense. They had two We had a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: No, did they They had like two hundred.
Speaker 3: Now they finished the game with two forty five. Yeah, but they had something like forty five yards time. They had no third or fourth down conversions. They they had three first downs. They had run three plays on the buccaneer side of the field, three in the entire first half.
Speaker 2: That's a good half.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And so they come out and they finally get a drive move and and I don't know what adjustments they made, certainly it appeared that somebody told Tommy DeVito to start getting the ball, getting the freaking ball to elite neighbors. Yeah, because they started throwing into them constantly, which which.
Speaker 2: Was interesting going into the half. Todd Bulls said, you know, of course, it's like, hey, what a great half you're doing this. And then what what's the message for the second half? And he said the score is nothing to nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool, right, right, But then they come.
Speaker 2: Out out and they marched down the field and I was like, dang, what is going on? Yeah, well, I mean it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But still you can't he can't expect them never want the ball.
Speaker 2: Look, I looked up, well, you looked up. Shut out.
Speaker 3: I had it. So they drive all the way down the field and get to the five yard line and then they run a play where Tommy DeVito is split out wide to the left and it's a direct snap too, I don't remember who, and he handed it to Tyrone Tracy and the running back in it, and the Bucks defense completely swarmed over him, and then all of a sudden, the ball pops out and guess who caused the force fumble?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I guess who forced the fumble?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: Take a while, guess five? Four? Yeah it was Levante of course. Yeah. And that's not an accident, folks, it's not an accident. He knows exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, we had him in the post game and he talked about it and he said, it's a you see it. You can see where the ball.
Speaker 3: He well, he told me once that it's just there's a certain point where the running back is a certain amount from the ground, and that's when he's going to take one hand off the ball to put his hand on the ground to break his fickes ball. And that's always when if he can. Levante Tryson knocked the ball out at that moment where he goes to braces. That's where you go for it. Wow, And it's just what happened. Yeah, okay, And so now the Bucks have thebaut the five and they march ninety five yards pretty much take up the rest of the third quarter arter yep, and score a touchdown. Yeah, and that came pretty much. Yeah. Now it's thirty to seven going into the fourth quarter, and there's no you know, you never say never, I suppose, but considering how the defense had played overall, and they ended up getting some yards at the end, because you know, when you're all you're trying to do is run out the clock. You know, they like their last drive, they got like six fifty or sixty yards and it was all just underneath passes to the running back for ten yards here, fifteen yards here, because of course you're you're going back and giving that up. Yeah, And they didn't end up again after their first touchdown. So it was a more dominant defensive performance than it looked like in the final numbers.
Speaker 2: But it's like you said, they are going to get something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean it's just we talked about how eleven different guys caught a pass, but it was like a lot of them only had one, but it was it was always a big play, Like Ryan Miller had one catch, but it was like at a fourteen third and eleven where he took two huge hits and held on. Yeah, Or Rakim Jarrett Rock Kim Jared with that great jumping catch for thirty yards. Kay Otten had a thirty yard pass and it was big for one of the drives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seemed like when your number got called, they answered, you know, yeah, each player did.
Speaker 3: So you have Mike Evans back and he caught five passes for sixty eight yards, I think, which was great.
Speaker 2: And he looked good. He didn't look like he was favoring anything, and.
Speaker 3: Todd said he felt really good after the game.
Speaker 2: That's the key.
Speaker 3: Mike himself said that he he feels better now than he did going into the Ravens game when he got hurt. And you may know, maybe everybody doesn't out to know, he had a hamstring injury he was dealing with and he was not perfect going into that Ravens game and then it got agga aggravated and he said, maybe he should have sat that game out. Yeah, but he feels better now than he did before. That's the Ravens injury. So that's a good sign.
Speaker 2: It's huge.
Speaker 3: He's he's got a lot of work to do. If he's going to get that thousand.
Speaker 2: Yards hat, you know that would he have sixty eight yards at.
Speaker 3: Sixty eight he needed going into the game. He needed to average ninety five a game over the last seven to get there. Now it's closer to one hundred games.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's the good news. I mean, and I may be jumping the gun, but he has a tendency to have a really good game against Carolina. So hopefully this week, yeah, there'll be something there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does have good games against carol If he could get one giant game, that'd make it a lot more possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: He had two hundred and seven against Carolina once.
Speaker 2: And I think I think it's interesting that eleven different guys caught a ball and it kind of took the story. There seemed to be a storyline trying to start. Are you going to try to feed Mike the ball or you try to get him there? And eleven different guys. You know, if Mike's not open, you can't throw one.
Speaker 3: Well, the very first play of the game, Baker looked at Mike and I saw exactly where his first read was, and then he came off and tried to dump off to Kate On. Yeah, but he did have a lot of catches early on, but they weren't forced. So that first play gives you an idea. They tried to start the game with getting the ball to Mike and Baker's like, not forcing it there, and that's what the defense gives me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's smart play. And that's what he's been doing all year. Yeah, and that's what we need. No question, you're looking at your nose.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad that the Giants don't have Saque Barkley anymore.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm sure the Eagle fans are happy they don't have him either. But then again, would he be having the kind of year he's having if he was still on the Giants. Eagles have a much.
Speaker 3: Very much better offensive.
Speaker 2: Line, so that would be you know, I'm not taking anything away from from him. I'm just saying would he because sometimes a running back gets rid good if your offensive line starts doing good. And I will say kind of like, our running backs this year are doing really really well compared to what everybody was complaining.
Speaker 3: I'm just say last year juxtapposing us playing the Giants and really handling their offense. With the game that Baker, I mean that Saque had for the Eagles on the same day, It's.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, he had more yards than the Giant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't have like two hundred fifty or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, he had more yards than the entire Giant team. How's that for not signing someone?
Speaker 3: This is like, yeah, I mean, it's it's tough, Jeff, because I know the analytics for the last ten years have been screaming at you not to pay big money to running backs, and you can just draft another one and like we did with Bucky plug and play and the Giants have a pretty good rookie BA and Tyrone Tracy. He's not no, no, no, you just wonder if if maybe it's not that, maybe it was. The Eagles signing made a lot more sense than the Giants resigning. Say, yeah, the Giants followed the hole. Don't put your money in the twenty eight year old running back.
Speaker 2: They have more holes than that.
Speaker 3: The Eagles have an awesome offensive line, they have a mobile quarterback, and they already had receivers in place, and they were a lot closer to winning, so it made a little more sense for them to sign Saque.
Speaker 2: But what hurts is they don't sign them. And the one thing they didn't want to happen was for him to go to the Eagles, and then that's that's not I think John Mara said that he wouldn't sleep at night he was the owner of the Giants something like that. Yeah, I wouldn't sleep at night if if he went to the Eagles. So he's having a lot of sleepless nights.
Speaker 3: The the part though, that I think probably irritates Giants fans. I don't know what to say. Go on and got it. Five million, seven million went out here. They paid Drew Lock five million dollars to be their backup quarterback and they don't even go to him. No, well he did get in for one play.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's because uh but now, but now Tommy's arms a little questionable for Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh really from that play?
Speaker 2: From that play? Oh did he get blown up on that play in the end zone? I mean, that was a great I mean, I didn't think it was rough in the passer, but it wasn't called. Yeah, I mean, but it was. It was pretty dramatic.
Speaker 3: That was one of the plays where I didn't really see that happen. I don't remember what I was looking at until watching the highlight. Another another thing that caught me by surprise was they they're kicking off to us after their only touchdown, and I look up and I see Sean Tucker like five years deep in the end zone trying to run it out, and the coverage unit's already there, and I'm like, what the hell happened? How did this? Say? I know what happened now, Well, yeah, I can tell you what happened. I know now, But at the time I was really confused with what was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you think was going on?
Speaker 3: I didn't know what was going on. So what happened in case anybody out there didn't see it, is they had a low bouncing kick that Shaun Tucker tried to field at around the seven and it touched his hands but went under them because it was a bouncer and it went into the end zone.
Speaker 2: Did it touch his hand?
Speaker 3: Yes, And he knew that, okay, And he also I give him credit. I give him credit here and give credit to Thomas mcgahe the special team's Courdaer. He knew that he couldn't just go back there and down it because he touched in the field of play. If he got tackling the en zone, it would have been a safety.
Speaker 2: See, we thought that he didn't touch it, and he couldn't yell down and if he didn't touch it, that's I didn't But I was under the assumption or the impression when it happened that he did not touch it.
Speaker 3: I saw the replay and it sure looks like he touched it, and his reaction would make me think he touched it, Yeah, because he knew he had to get back there. If he just lets it go, if he's.
Speaker 2: Touching it, I want to I want to check that out. I'm curious now, but if he But but the rule is, if you touch it goes in the end zone, you have to be first of all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, he had to get to it before they did, because if they get it after he touched it to touch that if he gets the ball that can't get out of the end zone, it's a safety. So he gets the ball back to about the one and a half yard line, which is a overall pretty terrible result, right, but not as bad as it could have been. And then it wasn't bad at all because two plays later, Bucket broke off the fifty six yarder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that that's interesting. I didn't looking live at it, but once a lot of times in a play like that, you're you're moving on. But smart, smart heads up all the way and.
Speaker 3: Give him credit for knowing. And yeah, I mean, I guess we can check with Thomas T. Mac. I'm just curious, you know, if to me to verify that he did touch the ball, but it certainly would have looked like to me. Mm okay, I didn't think so hard.
Speaker 2: But well I didn't think so, but I could be wrong, Not that I would be, but you know, could be, but it's also a good it was what would we It's there's so many different rules to pay attention to, so when when plays like that happened, we we go through them and say, this is what you could have done, this is what rules A lot of.
Speaker 3: Rules a lot and they don't call all the rules or or a whole other story, or they do or don't use replay assist.
Speaker 2: See they used it during our game, and no one really was questioning anything other than well, I guess what happened was it was supposed to be. It looked like it was or wasn't a first down and there wasn't a challenge, and replay assists said, yeah, that was a first down, which I thought was interesting because I thought it for a spot of the ball it had to be challenged. It seems like I m mistaken on that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Jeff, because I thought I kind of knew. And the whole face mask thing has strong me off because I've seen at least twice where it seems very clear that replay assistant told them to throw a face mask flag when they didn't do it originally. But that did not happen in our game against the Land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that cranks you up.
Speaker 3: So there are I don't know. I don't know from week to week what are you're allowed to. Bude is allowed to.
Speaker 2: But I do like this because you don't have to look at anything. It's just a guy looking at it, like, just get it right. Well, it's like the guy sitting at home looking at his replay and going, he didn't do that, you know, And so hopefully it keeps progressing in the right direction.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: And you're studying.
Speaker 3: Well, i've seen what we haven't talked about.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't cross him off as we go.
Speaker 3: I've been, you've seen me. I don't know what's why. I don't know. Anthony Nelson, Yes, he just seems to always take advantage of the opportunities when unfortunately an injury takes one of our oilbs or more of them out. And Joe Tryon Shoyinka went down in this game with an ankle injury. Yeah, I think maybe in the second quarter. Yeah, Anthony Nelson gets a lot more snaps. He gets his most snaps of the season so far, gets a sack, gets two quarterback hits, two tackles for loss. Now a sack also counts as a quarterback hit and a tackle for loss, but that means that means he got one sack plus another play where he hit the quarterback, plus a different other play where he had a tackle for loss that was against a non quarterback. Yeah, you know, you have like four tackles. Ye. I mean he's a perfect rotation guy because he's been doing that for aughout his career.
Speaker 2: Then that's how you stay in the league.
Speaker 3: And that's how he got a second contract the Bucks.
Speaker 2: You previously when I said when the guy's numbers were being called, it seemed like everybody stepped up in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Joe goes down, Jordan Whitehead goes down.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, I thought Mike Edwards was going to have a pick, did you Yeah, By the way it happened, as the ball got there, he caught the receiver in the hip and he spun them around and that's when the ball came out.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it was close. It was close. I think I didn't see that play because it was so far from the press box to the press conference room. Oh yeah, near the locker room. Yep. I had scotted it out before the game, and so I left earlier from the press box and I normally do, and there was a nice table down there that I could work on, And so the last five minutes the game, I didn't see a whole lot of it.
Speaker 2: You can tell when a press box is far away from the locker room when they have golf cards that say coaches on it, meaning that they ride the coach in a golf cart. There just saying wow, I know that stadium. We were having a debate about that. Were you sitting there when someone said it was a really nice stadium and everybody's going as concrete?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I didn't think.
Speaker 2: And then and then the video boards like you can't see him. There's four of them, but they're not that good.
Speaker 3: Wait, we weren't talking about that stadium. Yeah, no, we were talking.
Speaker 2: About Are we talking about giant stadium?
Speaker 3: No, No, we were talking about something else.
Speaker 2: I thought we were talking about because it was a newish stadium. Yeah, we were talking about that was building like eleven or something or something like that. Yeah, I thought it was. I thought it was. We were talking about the giant stadium because it is. It is a massive concrete and steel. But I think you have to have that more there because of the weather.
Speaker 3: No, we were talking about Sofi. We were talking about Sofi Stadium, the rams and chargers, that's one hundred percent what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: How can you not like Sofi Stadium?
Speaker 3: That's what I was on that side. I think it's neat looking.
Speaker 2: I thought we were talking about No, we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Sofi, and I was the descending opinion who thought it looked pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Then they were idiots because Sofi is very cool.
Speaker 3: Well, their argument was that it's it's not that cool looking and that it the video boards are surprisingly that great given how recently it was built.
Speaker 2: Right hmm, Okay, anyway, I must have I must have blanked out because I thought and that's why I didn't say anything, because they were talking about the jobs.
Speaker 3: Met Life Stadium is huge. Uh but you know it's one of those just big bulls, which is fine. It's just not that terribly interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting about so far real quick as they had back to back games. They played on Sunday and then they played on Monday yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that wasn't easy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Wow, I made the comment last night. I said, well, it's both blue. How much you got to change my team, I know, but it's just saying.
Speaker 3: I made the comment to somebody in the text that during the game that the Chargers have like the five best uniform combinations in the league. I did like last night, so it was great, but they got other great ones too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so but I like the Chargers when I was growing up. Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, you get to see him in a few weeks, so that's true.
Speaker 3: I won't be rooting for him then, No, nope. You know we were talking about the plane earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny when you're when we land and we're getting off, we're about to get off. They they always come on the intercom and tell us to look around you for your stuff, make sure you don't leave anything, wallet's, phones, whatever, and then they throw in there, this plane is not the one we're gonna be flying back on, you know, so make sure you don't leave your stuff, Like that's the deciding factor. Like I was gonna go, well, I can leave my tablet on the seacause it'll be back here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, if the plane stays and you leave something, they go through the planet shot and then you got a shot of getting it back.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying telling you to look around and get your stuff is enough, adding that the plane is not going to be there anymore, Like like I was not motivated to look for my stuff because I'm like, it doesn't matter, It'll still be there when we get back. Well does that?
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of like, don't blame off us if you left your stuff behind because we told you to get your stuff, and we told you the plane is leaving and going back to Atlanta and it's going to be on an international flight.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a little it's not really all the name.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring it up. Bring I'm going to bring it up.
Speaker 3: Did you see the what with whom?
Speaker 2: With the airline people?
Speaker 3: You're going to bring it up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring it.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna use my name? Are you not going to talk?
Speaker 2: I'm throwing you underneath the bus. Yeah, so they'll go Scott Smith. So you know the plane is not passenger in fifty one g it's.
Speaker 3: You know what you know I'd like to see in the games coming up? What an interception or two for our evens. We haven't had one since Week six in New Orleans. We haven't had a single interception. Yes, I think now interceptions continue to go down across the league. If you have twenty years ago, there was way more interceptions.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: I think it's probably the prevalence of short passing games. You know, quick hitters. You're not putting the ball into arms way as much. Right, that would be the number one. And maybe rules that just continue to evolve that favor the offense. I don't know, but it's true.
Speaker 2: Cornerbacks getting better, faster, quicker, longer.
Speaker 3: How would that help?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: In quarterbacks that would mean more interceptions anyway, we haven't had one since Week six. Uh so that would be a nice thing to get a couple of. Right, did you see the trying to think of who did you see the end of the h or hear about the end of the Rutgers Illinois game.
Speaker 2: I was on the bus and I was told about it, And when I got to my room, oh yeah, I told you, Yes, you told me. And when I got to the bus or got to my hotel room, I googled it to watch the end of it, and it just warmed my heart, just warmed in my art. That's that's a coach out thinking himself.
Speaker 3: Long time listeners will know why we UH got a little joy out of the way. The Rutgers came in, which was Rutgers was winning by one, and in the Illinois lined up with just a few seconds left to try a fifty eight yard field goal. UH and their Rutgers coach, who were not naming at the moment, iced them. But it was one of those last second ices so that the still got off, but it was it didn't count and it was like fifteen yards short and off target, and so Elino's like, well, we're not gonna make that. So instead of kicking again, they sent the offense back out and they ended up getting a touchdown like a fifty yard what would have been, yeah, fifty like a forty yard forty something yard touchdown, Yeah, to win the game.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't give extra chances to an extra play.
Speaker 3: I'm actually not in favor of icing kickers on long kicks because to me, it'd be much worse. I'm gonna feel a lot worse if I ice him and he gets it off and misses and then makes the next one, then I'm I'll feel worse about that than if I don't ice him and he makes it. Your sound's gone, Your sound's gone. You turned you off?
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh did I hit the wrong but well, I wanted to take a sip of something and then I started talking.
Speaker 3: And you don't have a cough button.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how dumb is that?
Speaker 3: All right? You turn? Then you just turn me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Hold on, you're drunk with power there at the board.
Speaker 2: There you go. I'm hitting the buttons too quickly.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I was going to.
Speaker 3: I haven't like drummed on the table at once.
Speaker 2: No, you haven't. You're doing well, but there's still time. It was very windy, got at the stadium and we did miss an extra point. And those are the type of things that I always get nervous about because I always think you miss them. You know, you leave a point, it's going to come back.
Speaker 3: I mean only the second one he's missed, right, But I will.
Speaker 2: Say that he was practicing in the pregame and you could see the ball getting caught up in the wind and really, yeah, sliding over.
Speaker 3: So I knew it was windy in the bowl before the game went. When I saw before the game, before the fans even came in, some someone from above us dropped a couple of pieces of paper for something because they were suddenly flare and those things flowing forever.
Speaker 2: See if you had a paper airplane and wonder, hell, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Could get it to the other side of the stadium. Yeah. I watched them the entire way and it was like, I can't believe those things are still up there, and they were just flipping over and flipping over.
Speaker 2: And pretty crazy. It's pretty usually it's hot Dog.
Speaker 3: Rappers that but the fans weren't in yet.
Speaker 2: No, all right, Jack pretty much that think we're good.
Speaker 3: It's going to get to some fan questions. Uh so are we going to I guess we could talk about Carolina fir.
Speaker 2: Well, well, hold on a second. Are we going to try to get a player because it's a short week.
Speaker 3: It's not a short week, okay, short.
Speaker 2: Week because everything's a getting pushed up because of thanks. Oh I forgot about that, so I didn't know whether you know. So it's that's one of those.
Speaker 3: Well, let's play it by year tomorrow. Okay, we may have a guest you know by now if you're listening if we did or not. Yeah, because there's no media on Thursday, so there's gonna be a whole lot of stuff we're doing tomorrow. Yeah, we're doing both coordinators.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, this quarterback the first first things at ten am. Yeah, no, they changed.
Speaker 3: Oh they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe they did. I thought they did.
Speaker 3: I won't be at that. We're our usual Thursday Buccaneers inside her. No, no, oh you are at ten. So well see there you go. That's so can't do it all too watch video later. All our press conferences are put up on buccaneers dot com.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, so so that always catch up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Carolina, real quick.
Speaker 2: Oh you were right? Ten twenty ten, ten forty is practice twelve to fifteen's coach Baker.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say that, hold on and casey.
Speaker 3: So that's what I said. We got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think that's all going to be during the locker room.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. All right, we'll see. I got a guy in mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Uh either way we were. We will get to some fan questions here in a minute, Carolina, Carolina, they're coming off. They had won two games before the buye. I mean they were close games against the Giants and the Saints. So you don't want to get over excited about that, but they're playing better.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Bryce Young, as you know, got benched after the first two games for Andy Dalton. Andy Dalton started five games but then sprained his the thumb on his throwing hand in a car accident, so Bryce Young got to come back in and now he started four games in a row, and it's probably the best stretch of his young career so far. He's been getting better each week. This past week, against Kansas City, he went toe to toe with Patrick Mahomes. He led a game tying drive in the last two minutes before Mahomes pulled off some magic again. He had his best passer rating he's ever had in that game, and probably most notably from what I read because I haven't really seen many of the highlights. Bryce Young obviously is a big time outlier for a highly drifted quarterback in terms of his size, like five to ten right right and not that thick like Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray are short, but they're also kind of thick and for for shorter quarterbacks unless you're Drew Brees, the hardest part of the game for you is throwing down the middle of the field because so many big guys that you have to see over, so you tend to work the perimeters. Apparently in the last couple of games he's been having a lot more success working in the intermediate part of the middle of the field. Yep. And he's also done a good job, which he did in Alabama. That's what you played for, right, Alabama, he did. He was always well known for extending plays and creating and making plays on the run. Right, he started to do that now in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, what kind of they What got them in that particular game is they got in the red zone I think like three times and had to kick field goals.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 2: And that's where at least one time, that's where it.
Speaker 3: Gets you because that's yeah, that's you know, four points.
Speaker 2: And this is the kind of game that scares me because I'm looking at the sheet and the comparisons and total offense were ranked seventh, they're ranked thirty first.
Speaker 3: And thirty second, wait, ninth in points scored.
Speaker 2: Right, and so you start running down you know, point scored, like you said fourth, their twenty ninth points allowed, their thirty second we're twenty fourth sacks. As you mentioned, they're thirty first with seventeen, we're tied for ninth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know with thirty two their sacks, their last and first downs, their thirtieth in interception. Yes, so the septuate their thirty first and passing yards per game.
Speaker 2: So the tail of the tape makes you think, wow, this should be good. But this game scares me. This game is part what.
Speaker 3: We remember that one just a couple of years ago where we were supposed to kill them and they just destroyed us right in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the theme this week is you can't take anybody lightly in the NFL, and so and there's a lot, you know, for them, there's a lot on the line because they're not only you know, they're still kind of in the mix. But the fact of the matter is if they can start, they're trying to build. I went on their website and watched a couple of their videos. Their their broadcast team does that afterwards, Jake Mahomes, No, what was what was the Dolom? What was his name? Dolome? Jake Dolom? And then.
Speaker 3: Who was Jake Diloan had our number for a while, Yes he did, Yes he did.
Speaker 2: So they're just talking about a great building block going on. So I think this is a game, Luke, Luke, it was Luke very good, very good, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, okay, the Panthers traded Brian Burns during the offseason, their best edge rusher and then their probably best remaining defensive player was Derek Brown, a very impactful interior lemon and he got hurt is out for the season. Uh. One of the top linebacker, Shack Thompson, got hurt and is on I R. I don't know if it's season ending or not. You know, so you wouldn't expect them and they don't to have good defensive numbers, but they've been better of late. And you know, I still have some good player like j C. Horn is good. He's his whole career has been can't he stay healthy? But when he's been on the field, he's been pretty good. Right, that's a quarterback. And Josie Jewel Lambecker is decent. A'shawn Robinson defensive tackles pretty good. They've got some good players, you know, so you can never take anybody lightly.
Speaker 2: Right. Well. The thing, too, is which you talk about a chess match is Todd Bowles defense should know about Dave Dave Dave Canalis's offense, and Dave Canalis should know about Todd Bowles defense since they practice against each other for a year, Right.
Speaker 3: So I do think Todd constantly evolves his defense though.
Speaker 2: Okay, then so so you say, uh, edge Todd.
Speaker 3: A little bit? Okay, I don't think there's a lot to that.
Speaker 2: Quarterback edge sucks. Okay.
Speaker 3: They're running back Chuba Hubbard is having a great season. Their corner, their rookie wide receiver Zavier Lagette has really been coming on lately and is a delight to listen to in postgame pro He's just he has the thickest Southern Caro Carolina southern A listen google like him saying the word asparagus.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, It's just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Why would he be, because he was he was talking about how he had a very limited diet and he hardly ever ate any vegetables, and he says, he said something like, I just tried asparagus for the first time a couple of weeks ago. But the way he says asparagus is hilarious. And then when they were in Germany they had him trying foods.
Speaker 2: Okay, it makes sense I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's he's pretty good. I think they just got atheling back from injury.
Speaker 2: I think their tight end got hurt during the game.
Speaker 3: He did Shoadtavian Saunders maybe something like.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, rookie mm hm so uh. And it's a four o'clock game.
Speaker 3: Their officers line their sack percentage is pretty good. Actually that was secks allowed. Yeah, yeah, it's it's we're not happy that it's a four o'clock game.
Speaker 2: Everybody's surprised.
Speaker 3: I was, why is it a fourklo game?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: That's just what they put it out as it before the season started. Now you look at it and go why, And it's there's three games going on. There's two four o'clocks in a four and the four the national game.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's the way it always is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to be on in.
Speaker 3: Charlotte, Charlotte and Tampa Tampa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe New Orleans maybe, Yeah, the Florida markets and you know, maybe, but not all of Florida because you know, the national Game, it's a battle.
Speaker 3: It's a good weekend for football in Florida.
Speaker 2: It was a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Lers beat Ole Miss Yes, or yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Gator, a lot of Gator graduates in this building.
Speaker 3: They were. Miami won pretty easily, Bucks won pretty easily. FSHU one, Miami Hurricanes one, and the Jacksonville Jaguars didn't play. So it was like perfect results for everybody. Every everybody was everybody, everybody's fan base is happy.
Speaker 2: That's so wrong.
Speaker 3: So anyway, let's get to some fan question. We well, let's go ahead and break here just in case we do get a guestmorrow.
Speaker 1: The Salty Dogs, and we're.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Salty Dogs Podcast. I'm Scott and I'm still Jeff, and this is our favorite part at the show each week when we have our special guests with us, and today that's tackled justin school, justin thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 3: The number one thing I wanted to ask is, like, I remember when Tristan was making the switch from right tackle the left tackle, and everybody talked about what a tough transition that is. If you're a swing tackle in the NFL, you have to be ready to play both at any time. How hard is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's definitely more challenging than I think the average fan realizes for difference between Trista and I. Tristan had a lot of reps, yeah, right, whereas I've for most of my career have gone back and forth. So it's different in that aspect where he wasn't where he was so ingrained in one side moving. But yeah, it's definitely being able to be ready for both sides. I do think it has an advantage though, in the sense of knowing the playbook and that sort of thing, being able to know both sides and kind of if there's certain things just one way, but being able to kind of adapt by knowing both sides.
Speaker 3: Is there either side you would say you feel more comfortable on guys.
Speaker 1: No, I mean maybe the left side a little bit, but that's just because that's where I had to play early in my career. Introaser, Yeah, I had to play there early in my career. But getting the reps at right tackle for the four games this year was great, excellent.
Speaker 2: Jason Light during the pregame show mentioned that he thought good things were gonna come out of you in that game, and it did. Were you surprised how well it went for you against the Giants? Yeah? And the whole line for that matter.
Speaker 1: I don't know if i'd say surprise is the right word. I guess more so just happy, yeah, in the sense of like the work you put in all through the year and the details you do even week in and week out, to see stuff come to fruition and stuff you know you've been working on for a while actually start to work and you kind of manifested. And then as a group as a whole, I wouldn't say I was surprised at all. I mean, these as a group, we've been working our tails off this year, and so it was good to see like the full unit I guess come together ran the ball protected, Baker, receivers I mean receivers getting open, Baker getting the ball out quick. The play calling was great. So I wouldn't say it's surprised, but more so just happy to see all the work that we've put in really coming up.
Speaker 2: At any point in that first drive when you got to a round eight minutes or so, are you at some point were you saying like, can we just no?
Speaker 1: It's actually awesome when you go on those long drives, because you know they're probably more tired than you are, so you're like let's just keep them out here. And I know the defense hadn't even gone out on the field yet, but I know they were probably chomping at the bit. But normally, when you're out there on those long drives, you're loving it. You're helping our defense out and you know those guys are getting tired on the other side.
Speaker 3: Ben Retison was just in there just a couple of minutes ago saying that one of the reasons that they feel so comfortable with you being in the starting lineup is all the time, all the reps you guys have taken together through the off season, training camp, and just all the time you spin together on and off the field. Is there something too that I don't know, what do you call a camaradery or that that is important to your guys job?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think especially here, but in a lot of places, the line is normally like the closest position group, but especially here in this year, this is a special o line room. I mean, we're pretty young, so it's got somewhat of a college a line room kind of feel to it. But we're older, we're a little more mature. You know, some guys have kids, like some guys are married, but it's still all around that same age frames. And we do a lot off the field together, whether it's weekly, but we all went to like the Morgan Mall and concert together with Baker and Kyle Track, Like, there's a lot of things we try and do together, and so that's where you get that college feel of like we're always around each other, but it's fun. And I do think that plays a factor because, I mean, you care more for the guys out there.
Speaker 3: Were you had all worried that Vava might run into the back of you when he was playing full back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely a thought that goes to your ahead, So you've got to try and get out of the way if you're you're up there.
Speaker 2: Is is Baker an o lineman and a small man's body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about it. He's more he's just more athletic and not quite as big as the rest of us, so he gets to play the cool position. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was always told that old linemen are big, big guys and little kids bodies. Is that pretty accurate? Big big bodies in little kid's mindset? Is that what I should have said?
Speaker 1: I know, what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: Because you're always grooping around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and we got we got to keep it light hearted. I mean, it's a group of guys like so. And that's what's another thing about this room is like everyone likes poking fun, even from the coaching staff to the guy. Everyone in the room lighthearted, making good jokes on each other all the time, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: See, that's a group.
Speaker 3: Saying on Monday that it's that Vita Vea. Did you see the play I assume he did where he just destroyed the center and got a sick He says, he's in the huddle just joking around. He's not even pissed off. He's like, I hate to see what that guy would do if he was pissed off.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we always talk about that. Once training camp ends, we're like, all right, thank goodness, that's over.
Speaker 3: Okay, So yesterday was Turkey time with the old line. I assume you took part in that. It's been going on for like eighteen years, and I think this year, didn't they say they helped a thousand Yeah, they're up to fourteen thousand meals over the whole, the whole How much do you enjoy that event?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's awesome. It's awesome being able to come together as a group to help raise money for that and then get out there and see the fans come by and the people that were making a huge impact on and we're Rob Haynesy and I were talking about it yesterday. It's cool to think how many people are able to enjoy a good Thanksgiving meal because of our donations and the Glaciers as well. The Glaziers donating as well, So it's really cool. I think that's one of the things that I was most surprised with but most happy with coming to the Box is realizing how giving the O line is as a group, from the Turkey Time to we do the line lights up Christmas at Target and that one's awesome to see kids' faces when they're getting to pull stuff off the shelves and they're like anything, yeah, And so between Turkey Time and that, it's it's cool and so yeah, I think it's really special, and even I think it's good for the young guys too when you do stuff like that, to see the kind of impact they can have on people.
Speaker 3: Well, Davin, Joseph and Jeremy True Blood Stars starting way back in like two thousand and seven. And I'm sure they're very, very proud that you guys keep doing it through generators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys go in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You any more football questions?
Speaker 1: Well I do.
Speaker 2: I have some some stuff. Five things I want to know perfect ready, Dad, These are about you.
Speaker 3: This is a rapid fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sort of, but not really because I didn't know this going to happen for a good talker. Your dad worked for the FBI.
Speaker 1: He did, yes, twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dang now retired.
Speaker 3: Could you talk about his job when he came home.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, for the most part. There were times where it was like a guy or there was some stuff for it that was vague, but normally after the fact he could talk about it quite Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you thought your dad was kind of like James Bond.
Speaker 3: No, I never did.
Speaker 1: I never did to me. It was just that's what he did to all my friends growing up. They thought he was like Jason Bourne, like we had seager compartments in our cars.
Speaker 2: That's like generation, I said, James.
Speaker 1: B And so all my friends growing up thought that. But for my siblings and I was just kind of like, he's just he goes to working sits at the desk.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Your first sport ice hockey.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I learned to skate. We lived outside of Chicago when I was young. When I when we were first there was Naperville and then we moved and it was Aurora.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I grew up in Arlington Heights.
Speaker 3: Okay, I went and I went to Northwestern.
Speaker 2: That's why we're bonding.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Yeah, So I learned to skate when I was three and then started playing traveler competitive when I was five, and then stopped when I got to high school because of football.
Speaker 2: Really good choice.
Speaker 1: I had to make the choice football long run. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, as you look at it now, yeah, yeah. Your favorite food now you're in Tampa, you should be doing really well with this sushi.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know your stuff.
Speaker 3: Tampa's known for sushi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tampa Scot's Fresh Suah food. Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: We just actually went. Uh my birthday was on Saturday, so we just actually went to Sunda. That's one of our favorite spots. Went to Sunday to talk my wife about that.
Speaker 2: She loves me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good Asian fusion so right there in midtown.
Speaker 2: All right, one more. Your favorite movie is it's still Lone Survivor.
Speaker 3: I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 1: You never heard of Loan Survivor Marcus Latrell. Great movie. I don't know if I could think of one off the top of my head to beat it. So yeah, I guess we'll stick with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, very good. So you're a state consistent in your five things.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I think you only asked four.
Speaker 2: No, I asked five, Dad, Oh, one more. I'm sorry, I knew it. I can count your Your favorite off site away from football sport is golf. Scott loves golf.
Speaker 3: No, I do not. I'm glad you enjoy it. Yees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a frustrating but fun hockey and it takes one good hit and it rerails you right back here.
Speaker 2: So where you are now, I mean handicap lies.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know we're not even so I was happy when we It always happens this year. There's something I figure out with my golf game where I feel confident with it, and then we go to training camp. Yes, so this summer till I was confident, I'm off the t box some reason. I was like, I can keep it on the fairway and now, I'm sure when the season ends and I go back out there, it's just gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's always a round of golf that you just suck so bad and you're thinking, why am I bothering?
Speaker 1: Every round from no until like the seventeenth, eighteen seven you make a shot. I figured it out. It's the golf.
Speaker 2: God's amazing that it always and if you unless you can play, you don't understand. One shot can make you feel.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, especially when you're out there with your buddies and they're like, that's a good shot. You'll start feeling good about yourself.
Speaker 2: Usually I get who's ever in your body? Let them out because that's not you.
Speaker 3: So well, thank you justin. We appreciate your time. We meant too, sorry about that. I didn't know you're going to do is rapid fire around there. Appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: You had a good time. Yeah, no, thank you guys, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The Salty Dogs.
Speaker 3: Right, Welcome back everybody to the uh Salty Dogs Podcast. I'm Scott, I'm Jeff, and we're gonna get to your questions. But while we were taking this break, the NFL sent I noticed the NFL sent out for the first time this year. It's playoff clinching scenario.
Speaker 2: Oh I did see that early.
Speaker 3: So Buffalo can clinch the AFC's title already if they win in Miami loses, and Kansas City can clinch a playoff berth with a win and a number of other possibilities.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always get confused when all their possibility.
Speaker 3: Detroit has a lot of different ways they can clinch a playoff berth, but it mostly involves them winning in San Francisco and Arizona losing.
Speaker 2: And that's in week twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it though. Wow, that's all they have. Yeah, okay, fan questions.
Speaker 2: There's still six games left.
Speaker 3: Six weeks. Some teams will have five games because there's there's no buys this week.
Speaker 2: But there is bye on the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: There's six teams on a bye in week fourteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, let me get to wherever.
Speaker 2: We were all right for the week before?
Speaker 3: Could we do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: What was what's the date today?
Speaker 2: It's the Today is the twenty sixth of November.
Speaker 3: So we would have been on eleven nineteen, correct, And this one came in eleven nineteen in the morning. So I think we've done that.
Speaker 2: You don't delete.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, this okay, So this is I'm not gonna read. Okay. We were talking about why the podcast had not been showing up on Apple Podcasts in recent weeks, and we thought it had been resolved. You said apparently said something about refreshing or something. So Michael and Connecticut, who's told us about this issue before, says Hey, Scott, happy Friday again, No need to read. But tell Jeff I'm fully capable for refreshing and screen so I know it's not me. I've added picks for proof, which he did, and the latest episode was November sixth, Salty Oh no, he told me not to read it on the air. Well, too bad. Well, I'm just saying he wasn't trying to be mean. I'm listening on the Bucks app. It's still nothing in Apple podcasts. All the other ones I follow update, but Salty Dogs parentheses, which is the most important thank you, doesn't. I've even unfouled and then readded. Tell Jeff, I swear I'm not crazy. Have a good weekend. I'm cooking chicken cutless this Sunday. But this screen grabs show the latest episode being November sixth.
Speaker 2: I probably should have been more specific. If you try to do it on the Bucks app and it doesn't work, then that's what you But yeah, we there there seems to be issues with the streaming, not only this but on some of my games. And I'm and every time I talk to those who are supposed to know all this stuff, I get answers that I don't unders. You know, it's like always something reason why. But we need to get this resolve.
Speaker 3: We really do.
Speaker 2: And that and the good news is, and I am going to be salty about this. I am going to be involved in a meeting and so are you next week talking about stuff like this, and I'm going to bring it up. You invite me to a meeting I did, and someone else did. I saw your name.
Speaker 3: You know how I feel about meeting.
Speaker 2: I understand that and I do too. But then this one I'm going because this talks.
Speaker 3: About Okay, I know we don't have to get into yes, all right. This is from Jerry Owens from Maryland. Greetings, salty fellows. Just wanted to write in and talk about yesterday's game. This is a cool email. By the way, I drove up to New York over the weekend to take my oldest son, Isaiah to his first Buccaneers game. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Nice school. So he drove up.
Speaker 3: Well he's from Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's still a few outs.
Speaker 3: I don't know far.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what two hours to Philadelphia. I bet you it's almost four hours, three and a half.
Speaker 3: Well, I would drive that way to see my to take my son those first Bucks game.
Speaker 2: Well, there's that. Okay.
Speaker 3: This was to celebrate his thirteenth birthday. So from us, Isaiah, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little lady.
Speaker 3: Now, I gotta tell you, Jerry, it goes fast, man, it goes fast. Mine's graduating from college this year.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that when you say that.
Speaker 3: Uh. We got to the stadium early so he could take in the sights and watch the players during pregame warm ups. Our seats were in the end zone where the Bucks were warming up. He was amazed to see how large the life are in person. You're off again, Jeff, You keep turning yourself off.
Speaker 2: No I'm not, Oh, I guess I am.
Speaker 3: You know what it is an old age. It you would think have you been drinking all day?
Speaker 2: No? If you think that it's the bright light means it's off and it just never.
Speaker 3: Don't go into the light.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was amazed to see how large the linemen are in person. It seems to me over the years that Buck fans travel a lot better these days.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: But this looked like it was a pretty easy win for us. The Giants didn't put it much of put up much of a fight on offense or defense. We just sailed up there, rained down cannon fire, and got out of there with the w Is that what it looks like when an NFL team outclasses their opponent your local crew member since ninety six Jerry from Maryland.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I don't know. I would take it back and say not out class.
Speaker 3: I don't thinking that in terms of who's more classy. Yeah, it's like boxing, you know. Oh, there's different classes of opponent.
Speaker 2: We did, we did show them a lesson or two.
Speaker 3: Well, it was what it was what we started this whole podcast about today. Were you saying we took care of business? I'm so we didn't just take care of business. All of our strengths were shown. We're well, yeah, executed right, everything that we could do well we did. We pretty much did. And they're a scuffling team that had lost five in a row coming in and was changing quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And then all their controversy of cutting a first round quarterback after signing him to a big contract a year ago or two years they were going to.
Speaker 3: Cut him in the off season anyway, But still I think they were being nice to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, no. But I'm saying, is where do you think.
Speaker 3: You should sign Daniel Jones?
Speaker 2: I think he should go to a team that needs a quarterback right now, Yeah, and just finish it out because they get there your best at this do they? If he signs, does he redegotiate is deal.
Speaker 3: Once he clears waivers, which should have been today.
Speaker 2: But that goes into future years if he signs with you.
Speaker 3: If you if you claim a guy off waivers, you're also getting his contract. If you let him clear he's a free agent. His previous team may still have financial commitments to him, which is the case here, but if you sign him, you're signing him to a completely different contract. And in this case, which is the case with most contracts, there's offset language. So I'm just gonna use made up numbers if the if the Giants sold him ten million more dollars for the rest of the year and he signs with somebody else for one million, now the Giants only have to pay him nine nine million, so he can't make any more money unless somebody signs him to a Giant contract, which is not gonna happen. Yeah, So presumably whoever he signs with, he'll sign for the minimum, because what's the point make the Giants key pay not his new team.
Speaker 2: I think it would have to be someone that needs help or someone that feels like they can really work with him.
Speaker 3: Is that what you would do if you were Daniel Jones? Would you go to a team you might start right away, like maybe the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or I mean because then you're gonna play six more games and then it's gonna be over and or do.
Speaker 2: You hold out on a team that is trying to make a run and needs I would go to.
Speaker 3: A team trying to make a run that had a starter and felt like me Daniel Jones was a better number two than what they had. And the team that I would I think would be make a lot of sense as a Detroit.
Speaker 2: Lions whine because they need help and then back up.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he's better than the hindon hooker who is there? And any of those teams you go to, you're only playing if the guy gets hurt. But it's great insurance for whatever team he signs with. Whereas if he goes to a team where he might start the rest of way, like the Raiders, I mean, what does that really get you by the end of the year. You could just sit up the rest of the season if you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's kind of hard to if if teams in disarray's kind of hard to show your talents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like who's the backup for the Houston text I don't know, but if he's not that great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're struggling right now, they're on the losing streak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been scuffling all right. Moving on Daniel Daniel from Da Mario from Palm Harbor. OHI salted dogs. So glad we want it's been so long. One win down, hopefully many more wins ahead. Now onto the Panthers. It's great to have Mike Evans back. The offense looks a lot better when he's on the field in the huddle. It's also great to have Mike Edwards back to help the defense. Since it's Thanksgiving this week, I wanted to say I'm thankful for you guys. Well, thanks, dam We're thankful for you too. You're my favorite Bucks podcast of all time. It's the highlight of my week during Bucks season. My question is what's your favorite pie for? Obviously because of Thanksgiving? For me, it's pumpkin pie. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving from your biggest from your biggest fan in Pom rmor Florida, Daniel D Mario go Bucks. Ps still wants some Salty Dogs merchandise. I don't care if it costs me an arm in La. Well, it probably will be cheap, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite?
Speaker 3: Does it have to be a traditional?
Speaker 2: No? Getting just asked what was your favorite pie?
Speaker 3: My favorite pie is French silk pie from village in Okay? Have you ever had it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I do like pumpkin pie, but I have to have a ton of whip cream. Yeah, I mean the whooped cream to pumpkin pie ratio has to at least be one to one. Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 2: I don't eat pie very often.
Speaker 3: It's not the best dessert.
Speaker 2: But I don't eat pie. But when I do, I do like pumpkin pie. Okay, but I don't like whip cream on it now. I mean I'll get like a little, like a little I gotta have a d Everybody, just just oh no, no, no, no no. I like nutmeg, a little more nutmeg on.
Speaker 3: It, my mom used to. My sister still does occasionally make a lemon cheffon pie, which is better than lemon meringue pie because the cheffon is it's more of a creamy thing meringues. I don't really like ring I don't like apple pie at all. It smells phenomenal, the applepint. I could probably eat it if there were the apples weren't in there, but the texture of the apples.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: But it's got cinnamon too, and the gel or whatever it tastes.
Speaker 2: For you just pick the apples out.
Speaker 3: That's not worth it. Uh, definitely don't want any pie with coconut in them, and it's gonna all be thrown directly into a crevice. What other pies are traditional on Thanksgiving? Are there?
Speaker 2: Pecan?
Speaker 3: Pecan? Pecan pie is good? Yeah, Pecan pie is very good. I didn't know that as a kid. I found that out as an adult, and I feel like I wasted time because pecan pie doesn't necessarily look like it would taste that great, but it's really good.
Speaker 2: And some people like nutmeg pie.
Speaker 3: Nutmeg pie.
Speaker 2: I think it's a there's no.
Speaker 3: That's a big difference. Mag I don't just a pie full and nutmeg nut make pie. Come on, don't be ridiculous, all right, all right, there's no way there's something called nutmeg pie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know nutmeg pie.
Speaker 3: Come on, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 2: Not meg maple, maple cream pie.
Speaker 3: But that's just saying there's nutmeg in it. You're acting like nutmeg is like apple pie, like it's the main ingredient of a pie. It'd be like luster rosemary pie or time pie.
Speaker 2: M I guess maybe you're right.
Speaker 3: Salt pie.
Speaker 2: How to make sweet potato people like sweet potato pie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. The only I will say, Giselle, my wife makes an I don't like sweet potatoes, but her sweet potato cashule is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Nut make pie recipe.
Speaker 3: Not make maple. You're leaving out the word maple and the word cream make maple cream.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just looking for nutmeg pie.
Speaker 3: There isn't a thing that's the point.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe there should be.
Speaker 3: You invent the nutmeg pie and become rich.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just a spice. All you need is one thing that makes just a spice. Right, what you like cinnamon? So maybe?
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't eat a cinnamon pie that well.
Speaker 2: Yes you would, because you don't eat apple pie.
Speaker 3: You take the apples out, but it's still it's still got that glaze that the cinnamon is in.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't eat pie. I'm not a big pie all right. I'm not a big dessert person.
Speaker 3: That's I'm not a big cookies guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You ever do the I rank ice cream, cake, pie and cookies?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mine, I go ice cream cake, pie, cookies I like.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I like a chocolate chip cookie, but it has to be hard.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't like the cookie ones, so you don't need You don't need the ones on the plane. Cookies don't do much for me. I can pass them up every time. Ice Cream is much better.
Speaker 2: Do you think? I know? Right?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
Speaker 1: Mmmmm?
Speaker 2: I really like the stuffing in the bird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I've asked you this before. I really like the stuff now I called it stuffing because it's inside.
Speaker 2: Right, because other way it's correct uses everybody.
Speaker 3: It's still the same thing.
Speaker 2: Though it doesn't taste as good.
Speaker 3: Have you ever read oyster dressing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I don't. I have not run across oyster dressing is good. I never eat it as a kid because that sounded gross. But now I love oysters, yeah, although I don't like them cooked.
Speaker 2: As a kid, I never like sweet potatoes, but now as an adult, I've learned that I actually like sweet potatoes. I mean, how I got it was sweet potato pie or sweet sweet potato fries.
Speaker 3: Well. You know what's great about eating stuffing on Thanksgiving, as you can eat it again on it is that they usually you're usually also probably serving mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh yeah, and you can put the gravy on the stuffing. Yeah, that works out very nice.
Speaker 2: That's very nice. Now, when you have your mashed potatoes, do you just pour the gravy all over? Okay, that's just checking.
Speaker 3: That's it's only it's only the smart thing to do.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, because then it doesn't ooze all.
Speaker 3: Over the rice. Well, I mean, although most of the things that would be on my Thanksgiving plates, I wouldn't mind if the gravy got on it.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes you have to have gravy to get through the meal.
Speaker 3: The white meat especially, well, I like white meat.
Speaker 2: If it's done properly, you don't need anything a little salt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard to do it right.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I don't cook, so I have no idea.
Speaker 3: All right, one more email, all right from Alexander in Brazil. Okay o, hoy salty ones. Hope this finds you both. Well, just one word for the game. Yeah, he's emulating the Todd Bowles postgame, Yale, I like it? Is it only me? Or do you also think Baker is really underappreciated by the media. Look, I don't mean I don't think that he is having a better season than Lamar or Josh Allen. But I hear a lot about how spectacular Joe Burrow is and yet no mention on Baker season. He is a great fit for us and is really playing his best ball. Of course, now I must point out how good it is to see Mike Beck and Levante doing Hall of Fame things. Now up to Carolina. The most important game is always the next one, and we can only worry about what we can do. Since you did, thanks for reading. Alexander Newsamento from San Paul OLPs. I already updated my schedule sheet.
Speaker 2: With last week's results and we won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so very good. He was right, and you know we prompted him to get back on it. He did. If he keeps doing it, we should probably run the table.
Speaker 2: He did his job, he did update.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty clear that Jeff and I are both going to say, yes, we think Baker is overall unappreciated by the national media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's just because they're waiting to say, well, you know, he hasn't really done it down.
Speaker 3: They're waiting for him to have a couple of bad games so they can go see it's the same old Baker. I have complained about one person in particular in the media, but and I don't name him because I think he's very good. Sure, and I don't mean to be harsh, but I find it a little bit off putting when somebody who really knows football decides things about certain players and just won't ever change their mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that happens a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, you you decide that, I don't know, Kyler Murray is great and no matter if he's doing well or if he's doing poorly, you know he's great. Here's the factors why not working out? You decide to Baker Mayfield is not what you would get should get out of the first overall pick, and you're just never going to let him back in. Yeah, he's doing fine, but look is a dot's low or you know he's he had three turnover where he plays in that game, or he still gets too antsy with his feed or something. Whatever it is, you just you find a way to discount what's actually.
Speaker 2: It's not really him, it's Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: What's actually happening?
Speaker 2: Oh that was Johnny Manzil.
Speaker 3: What's actually happening is he's got a passer rating of over one hundred five. And I know pass rating isn't the perfect statistic, but it does say a lot about what he's doing. He's been great, he.
Speaker 2: Has served the Buccaneers well and I hopefully it continues.
Speaker 3: If you just go by results, not what you've previously thought about him, not what you think about how he plays the game. If you just go by passing results. He's a top ten quarterback this season. But I don't think any of these analysts will call him a top ten quarterback.
Speaker 2: No, no, but his numbers will eventually prove it.
Speaker 3: He's top ten and almost every pass. No, I mean, he is right. So at some point you have to say a.
Speaker 2: Lot of times too, if your team's not winning, doesn't matter how great of a quarterback you are, you're not going to get the props. And we were running a four game losers to four out of six games.
Speaker 3: But what you could tell it was not his fault.
Speaker 2: No no, But I think if you streak goes, if we can get rolling better, things will come up. All right, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, hey listen, I will see you. But I'll just say to those of you who are listening to the Salty Dogs, if you haven't had it yet, happy Thanksgiving. And if you did, I hope it was a good Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I hope you get ended up with a good amount of left numbers.
Speaker 2: I know, and enjoy your nutmeg pie since you did. Thanks for listening.