Speaker 1: On this episode of this league. We are doing fantastic. We are doing great. We are in an amazing mood. We slept fantastic last night, probably eight nine, ten hours. We are not great, folks. We are in a bad spot. We are in a bad, bad shape. Yeah, it's a good old therapy session here for Playboy Marty. And as an extension, as someone who promised to root for the Suns all the way out when the Blazers.
Speaker 2: Got pushed out, I am also sad.
Speaker 1: I am sad for a bunch of reasons. We're gonna have a good old session with a therapy, good old fashioned therapy session with Playboy Marty. I mean his face if you could see it, if you're watching on YouTube, it's sad. I mean it's very dejected. Anyway, So we're talking about it. It's probably maybe one of Marty's worst days at work that he's had in a.
Speaker 2: Long long time.
Speaker 3: That'd be fair, that'd be fair to say.
Speaker 1: I think he's probably still still drunk. He had a lot to drink last night. Yeah, so in Milwaukee Bucks. If you don't know or are NBA champions right now? Uh, something that I said on record probably six months ago, would never happen as currently constructed.
Speaker 2: So I'm feeling awesome.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll break down the game the championship, and I think that this has ripple effects for the rest of the league, and so we'll talk about those as well. All right, Marty, drop that Mickey Mouse fucking beat to take care.
Speaker 3: You'll be waiting for area plan.
Speaker 4: At the grand I go, let me go.
Speaker 2: I have to declare this Sons in four actually is real?
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was a Son's loss four times in a row. Sons were out in four. You had to win four out of five games and they I mean, this is not gonna be fun for you because I'm gonna make fun of it.
Speaker 2: But it was Sons and four out.
Speaker 1: They literally it's a new version of a gentleman sweep where you spot the other team too and then you just sweep them after that. Fucking terrible awful it's Bucks and six. Everybody was saying Bucks and six all day every day.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is fucking awful. It's fucking awful.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you, honest, happy for Drew. Just absolutely sickened and gutted.
Speaker 3: That's it. It ends there. Fuck the rest of eh. I don't even really want to go there. I'm just so fucking sad. I'm so fucking sad. Like everything about this series. It was so great in the beginning and then just like so many things could have gone different ways, and it's just it, it's so disappointing. But I mean, Yannis, Yannis went out and earned it. Yannis went on neard it. And I know we're gonna get there and we're gonna get to the Yannas like throating session, which is well deserved. But yeah, I mean he just went out and took it.
Speaker 2: As an aside.
Speaker 1: The thing that I think is the most I would say, like how would I put it?
Speaker 2: Sting?
Speaker 1: The sting for me because I always think about like these guys in their lives too, Like Devin Booker is about to get on a private jet for fourteen hours on Friday with Drew Holiday and Chris Middleton.
Speaker 3: That Aggie fuck and that's it. Fucked Chris Middleton. Okay, I will say fuck Chris Middleton. Fuck him, all right?
Speaker 2: Can you just explain more.
Speaker 3: I just don't like him. He went to Texas a and m He's a fucking douchebag. Fuck him.
Speaker 1: He's a fucking douchebag. He is a like a very comeback story guy. But I guess I guess it's fuck him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of Aggie's running around in the league that are any good, except for Alex Cruso. But now Devin Booker is gonna have to just literally sit with these two dudes with They might even bring the fucking Larry O'Brian Trophy with them, which would be just a fucking sting.
Speaker 2: Like I don't even know what you do.
Speaker 1: Do you just put your headphones on and you just like fall asleep? Do you recount certain plays like, yo, you fouled me here, you piece of shit Drew Holiday in Game four?
Speaker 2: That was a foul? What do you do? Fourteen hours?
Speaker 1: That's the most unique thing to ever happen in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it really is. I mean with I mean, this is two days removed right in the Olympica. I mean, because the season was delayed, you usually have like at least like a little bit of time here. So yeah, no, this is a very unique thing. I mean, yeah no, I mean Book did everything he could. It's not like Book has any regrets here.
Speaker 2: Book did not play well last night.
Speaker 3: He played well the whole seeded back to back forty point games in game four, Game five, And it's not like he lost the game last night, like Booker has.
Speaker 2: No, he did not lose. I do not want to say that he lost.
Speaker 3: I know, I know I'm not saying that's what you were saying. But like, as far as like regrets go, I don't think Booker has a whole lot of them.
Speaker 2: See, personal regrets are one thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Team regrets or another.
Speaker 1: Uh, like just the energy of being with two champs.
Speaker 2: It's just you three, just you three.
Speaker 1: It's gonna, no doubt about it to be fucking and they're gonna be you know how it is when you win.
Speaker 2: I don't know you played sports or no, you played.
Speaker 3: With My athletic career was very short, but I did play sports.
Speaker 1: So like, when you have a win, all you want to do is just like relitigate every part of the win. And that is what probably those fourteen hours will be spent doing, like, oh yeah, you remember that one play? Like fuck this if I always book Like can I get my own plane?
Speaker 2: I'd like my own plane? Please? Fuck.
Speaker 1: It's sad, you know, Let's just back up for a second and say how we get to this place, because I have to admit it was an unlikely place for us to end up, so unlikely that I was.
Speaker 2: I staked my flag.
Speaker 1: In the Milwaukee will never win a championship as currently constructed universe on that planet.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, I just don't. I just don't see it.
Speaker 3: And truthfully, do you blame yourself a little bit?
Speaker 1: You know, I think it does need to be said that there is a possibility that the universe loves it when I make these declarative statements on the record, because every one of them, because that was a very declarative.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like overrated jazz. It was very declarative.
Speaker 1: And the mushing you've been here for the all of the takes, and like the amount of MUSHes that have happened are like almost as improbable as Chris Paul going up to oh four straight times and losing four straight times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, for sure, Yes, the son the Son's were doing pretty well before you before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do feel slightly responsible. I feel I feel down right sad for the take, like I should have just been on the Milwaukee train.
Speaker 3: I guess I look like shit right now, Like I'm looking at myself in the fucking recording. I we're we're not doing good. We're down bad.
Speaker 2: We're so bad, down so bad? How bad are we down? We are down so bad that my.
Speaker 1: Coworkers saved every single Bucks take I've ever made on the podcast on TikTok on Twitter, bookmarked them all every blog I've written and had them ready to go as soon as the Bucks want it.
Speaker 2: That is how down bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that really means. I mean, obviously they were thinking about it. There was a compilation video made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't spend.
Speaker 3: Time watch it, but I did, But I did. I mean, I you saw its existing my mind. My mind's been elsewhere in the last no, I get it twelve hours.
Speaker 1: The compilation video is like four minutes long, and it was highly produced.
Speaker 2: We'll just say that. Yeah, a lot of views, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people coming for my neck on that take, and I had to apologize. I did apologize. I said it was disrespectful what I said about the Bucks. It turned out to be completely wrong again, kind of like the Nate McMillan take where it's like, I didn't know that you guys were going to transform the identity of your team midway through the playoffs. But here we are, like you have to just stand in your truth, face the music and say, wow, I'm sorry to Bucks fans.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe Budenholser is going to get the credit. My mind's all over the place. But like right now I'm thinking about Bootenholzer, like he's.
Speaker 2: Going to get a life time contract now.
Speaker 3: Like Joanna's won that champion. No, just be fucking real. I mean, Middleton had some good games, Mike Budenholzer had. I don't want to say nothing. Actually yeah, I'll borderline on saying Mike Budenholzer had like next to nothing to do with this championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next to nothing.
Speaker 3: Bobby I hate him.
Speaker 1: Bobby portis uh embedded into the lineup was kind of a nice little call. Uh, the pat Conaton getting some minutes when Dante DiVincenzo went went down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm hating so much. I'm hating so much and to our listeners and to our listeners, I apologize. I'm just this is a tough day. It's a tough day for your boy.
Speaker 2: It's a tough day.
Speaker 1: Can you just go through the level of emotions that you felt as the fourth quarter was winding down.
Speaker 3: Honestly, like I've sort of like like forgot how the game kind of went. I mean what it was always like suns down six, That's what it kind of feels like. It was just like that the entire quarter and just once yeah, with like three minutes left, it was pretty obvious like okay, we're not we're not coming back from this. And I just I was at this bar, uh in the East village.
Speaker 2: Son't you watch a pivotal game at a bar?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Where I needed to be around people, like if if we'd have lost, and I was just like at home, like.
Speaker 2: You might not have come here today, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I just I was preparing myself to like be okay where a loss to happen, and like I needed to like sort of be around people, and like I met a friend out afterwards, and it was okay, like we I mean, we made it here, we made it here, We're we're doing okay. But as far as like the game went, yeah, it was just tough. It was just super tough. I don't have I don't have a whole lot to expound on that.
Speaker 1: It was just very disappointing, and Papa Black he was despondent.
Speaker 3: We talked, We talked on the phone. I called him. Uh, I was sitting on a fucking like doorstep in the east village somewhere and I just I just called him. I just had to talk to him, and Uh, yeah, like, well we're gonna be okay, We're gonna be back, We're gonna be back, if not next year, the year after. That's kind of where we arrived at in our conversation. Uh, it's gonna happen. It's gonna happen. Eventually, a SUNS championship is gonna happen, and uh, we're gonna be there for it.
Speaker 1: So now what's strange to me is that the world is now spinning back onto its head.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny because like when you're the one who firm.
Speaker 1: Believes the opposite and the world turns on its head against you, You're like, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And that's where we're at right now with the Chris Paul is he going to retire?
Speaker 3: Take? I have wait? People are saying that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: People are asking if Chris Paul is ready to retire.
Speaker 3: Now, I mean, he's gonna make like one hundred and twenty million more dollars, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Like, Hey, Chris Paul, we know that this loss stings, and this is your fourth straight appearance losing up to Oh, but how do you feel about giving up one hundred and twenty million dollars and just riding off into the sunset licking your wounds in one of the most sad, despondent ways as you were a part of that loss? Like no, Like I was like, no, I don't understand this. This has been said like by real journalists, So that's happening.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do think it's very interesting. Like will he be back with the Suns next year? I think yes, I think yes right now as of today what it was stake leave twenty first, Like I do think today he will be back. But I mean, I think it is a very interesting storyline.
Speaker 1: I think if you're Chris Paul and you leave when you were what percentage would you say Chris Paul was responsible for that finals loss?
Speaker 2: Forty thirty twenty ten?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not that type of fan, so I don't.
Speaker 2: Really I say thirty that's my gut.
Speaker 3: He actually he actually played pretty well last night, but.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about four and five. Those are those are on him.
Speaker 1: And so to me, if you leave and you're Chris Paul and you were in his heart, he probably thinks he's one hundred percent responsible because he's like that kind of guy, good guy. Then if you leave the Suns, you have abandoned them after they're doing them wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's possible for him to leave. They're right there.
Speaker 1: They had that championship that was theirs. They can do it again if he can stay healthy and they can get a backup center because Dario Sarich will now be out for an entire more an entire year. They're gonna need to not resign Frank Kaminski, who had a great game, by.
Speaker 3: The way, shout out Frank. He actually every everything he did last night was positive. Actually yeah, yeah, Frank, Frank played pretty good.
Speaker 2: They're gonna need a backup center like now now.
Speaker 1: But if he was to leave, that would be I think I would say that would be a bitch move.
Speaker 3: I mean, where does he go? Does he go to the Lakers like they can't afford him? I mean, unless he just wants to take a serious pay cut, Like that's something that I guess could.
Speaker 1: Happen after Yannie stabs everyone in the eye and says, this is what you do if you're a real man. You stick with your team and you don't try to form super teams like if he were to go to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: After that fucking speech. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched. I mean, I know he said something like that. When we play when we play the clips later, that's gonna be my first time watching this.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's just talk about Let's just talk about the Bucks from a high level perspective. Goddamn, the Bucks went pretty much all in this year.
Speaker 2: They knew that they had a.
Speaker 1: Generational talent in Yannis. Yannis had not signed.
Speaker 2: The super Max.
Speaker 1: We talked about this last episode, and they decided that the number one seed was less important than testing out new wrinkles and new schemes, and that for sure paid off. They extended Drew after trading for Drew for a million pieces, and that could have been a disaster that ended up being the right move. They chose to keep Middleton as a co star, which I think that was under scrutiny and debate. That turned out to be a correct move. Brook Lopez. They signed for like no money, for like twelve million dollars. Anybody in the league would love brook Lopez for twelve He basically changed his entire game to fit what the Milwaukee Bucks wanted him to do.
Speaker 3: He changed fucking Disney adult.
Speaker 2: Disney adult he is. He changed his offense, he changed his defense.
Speaker 1: At one point in the first five years of his career, he didn't shoot a single three pointer, and now he's fucking Chris Bosch for the Miami Heat. He's like five three point attempts per game for the last three years. Then after they got drew, they decided, no, we still need some toughness, we still need some grit. And I actually really feel very strongly about this Bucks take still.
Speaker 2: I said PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker would be fucking a massive Nobody was talking about that.
Speaker 2: Nobody was like, oh, yeah, PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker will be a piece, And I was like, Yo, this is gonna be He's gonna come up huge.
Speaker 2: PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker and Bobby Portis, they said to themselves are going to be really integral role players in key moments, and they were at different moments in the playoff run, Bobby Portis in the Finals, and PJ Tucker in the net series specifically, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I mean Pj's defense was huge, like in this series.
Speaker 1: In this series as well, Yeah, PJ was they got him for nothing. They was just like he was discarded and they anyone could have had him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Yeah, I'm thrilled for PJ. Like I'm begrudgingly very thrilled for PG. I mean, with Sam, he was on some really bad Suns teams, like really bad, like like what years were that that was like twenty thirteen to seventeen, like that, he's for a long time. He played as hard as he played in the NBA Finals for those shitty Suns teams. So yeah, no, shout out, Shout out PJ.
Speaker 1: Shout PJ wearing a quarter million dollar shoe on his feet for the last game of the Finals.
Speaker 2: Shout out to PJ Tucker.
Speaker 1: For beating the entire starting five of that Houston Rockets team on the way to get that championship, Trevor Ariza, Clint Capella, James Harden and finally CP three, which I think is fucking cool, Like you see that graphic and you're like.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, yeah, No, I hadn't thought of that yet.
Speaker 2: Knocked all those guys off.
Speaker 1: And Pat Conaton, who is a former Portland Trailblazer, what the fuck did he turn into?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He had eight boards last night. Eight Who are you?
Speaker 3: He went to Notre Dame? Fuck him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, okay, college is we're gonna just hate colleges now too.
Speaker 2: We'reting everything today.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I mean, I mean he was sick. He was making every three too. It seemed like I wonder, I wonder what he shot from three from the series.
Speaker 1: I think he had the most threes out of any player on both teams.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't shock me.
Speaker 2: Yeahs fucking sick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Budenholzer made a couple. I mean he didn't. He wasn't a deterrent to success.
Speaker 2: We'll just say that. Oh no, he did not deter success. He did not spoil it. He was not great.
Speaker 1: He's not like gonna win Coach of the Year anytime soon, even though he's a two time coach one twice.
Speaker 2: He weren't twice. You shouldn't have woman. Yeah, I mean they learned.
Speaker 1: And also they got out their horrible half court team half court teams usually, like are the winners of these NBA playoffs, Like the best half court teams usually succeed. And they were like, no, no, fuck you, We're gonna just get out and transition anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean that was the that was the Drew Holliday edition that Ye helped them. Like do that, I mean Kelly, when you compare him to help that offense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eric Bledsoe was bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, and now we get into the portion of the show where it's the honest philating.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's the honest ffilating portion.
Speaker 3: I'm actually more excited for this part because.
Speaker 1: Yannis fifty points, fourteen rebounds, and six blocks. Probably, I don't know of a better performance there. I think this is probably going to go down as the best game performance in the finals ever.
Speaker 3: To clinch maybe maybe, Yeah, I mean he I mean, I mean he went out and just grabbed it like he was so I don't even know the exact way to say. I mean, he was just so fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: He turned into Damian Lillard from the free throw line.
Speaker 2: He was got seventeen seventeen for nineteen from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: He was like what thirty percent during the playoffs or something like that, twenty seven percent.
Speaker 3: I don't I know he was sub I think he was like right around fifty for the finals going into the game, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Just so he was.
Speaker 1: If he would have gone, we'll call it nine for nineteen, you win that game probably, I mean, unless they get those rebounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to know. I don't want to necessarily say like we win, but.
Speaker 2: Like like you're much more in it.
Speaker 3: Well, I say, like in the second half, it kind of felt like the whole time we were like down like five, six, seven, like something like that. And then instead of one or two, if that turns into one or two, then yeah, it's a whole different ball game.
Speaker 2: Also, he just did everything.
Speaker 3: He just awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was the most skilled looking I've seen him. Somebody wrote this the other this morning, which I thought was really funny, and also like I felt personally attacked by and it was like Giannis has no bag for all those trophies, and it was like, yeah, Finals, MVP can just carry him with both hands.
Speaker 2: You don't need that bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the He's I saw a tweet today he's like one of nine players to be a two time MVP and a finals MVP, and he's he joins Tim Duncan and Kareem as the only players to do it before turning twenty seven something like that.
Speaker 2: What an intriguing cherry picked stats that twenty seven was the number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I felt like, yeah, seven, I mean just still good company. Also, okay, so he does it all. Also, apparently he was getting IV treatment after Games five and Games four. He was just like so dehydrated and fucked up that he got the Chris Evans fucking Captain America treatment, getting like injected with who knows what juice to get himself back.
Speaker 3: I mean, did he have COVID because his brother had COVID.
Speaker 2: Is it possible that this is a COVID championship? Yeh, I don't know, Oh it is.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for him as a human being to some of the things that he said in the postgame pressure probably makes me more happy for him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He said one, I could go to a super team and just to do my part to win a championship, but this is the hard way to do it. Let's play how he said it, because the way he said it, Marty was fucking aggressive.
Speaker 5: You know. Obviously I wanted I wanted to get the job done, you know, but that's my stomorn side. Like it's easy to go somewhere and go and win a championship with somebody else.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 2: I could go.
Speaker 5: I don't't put anybody in the spot, but I could go to a super team and you know, just do my part of the winning championship, still one. But this is the hard way to do it, and this do it and we did it? Did it? You did it?
Speaker 3: Man on the front right, Good for him.
Speaker 2: We fucking did it, he said, we did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God damn. I mean I hate watching that. I hate watching that because like I'm just looking at this trophy and like that could have been like my trophy. But I mean the sentiment behind that statement is fucking awesome, Like fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's something we'll talk about after we kind of filate Gannest because I think that this this shows a lot and it puts a lot of people in teams and philosophies on notice. He also said, don't let people tell you what you can't be or what you cannot do. People told me I can't make free throws. I made my free throws tonight and I'm a freaking champion. He went from Greek freak to we should now call him a Greek god.
Speaker 2: He has a Greek god now well, a Nigerian god.
Speaker 1: A Nigerian prince, a Nigerian god, and king I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Apollo, Apollo, Apollo. It is unreal.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, he's now at fucking Chick fil A at like eleven in the morning on ig Live. That's what he is, ordering a fifty piece nugget to commemorate his fifty piece in the fucking game six. And if you want it exactly, you just love him. I like you, just like it so much. And no, but what you'll love is this. He orders a sprite lemonade with no ice.
Speaker 2: Think about that for a second.
Speaker 1: That shows you what this tells me is as someone who grew up dirt fucking poor, you want to get every bit of that cup filled with drink, and you also order like another cup of ice so that you can get as much as you possibly can. He orders it no ice. He's making forty million dollars a year and he gets it.
Speaker 2: With no ice. That's my fucking guy. That's my guy.
Speaker 3: How was he not hungover? I don't Actually, I'm not even hungover yet. The hangover is like gonna come in like an hour or two.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're still drunk. I can smell the alcohol on you. I don't know what's happening with him. He's probably just feeling great. I never went to sleep. He probably is just walking out and headed to Chick fil Ay on his way home.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think he does.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like I.
Speaker 1: Don't think it's like crazy, but I think it's fun. Yeah, he's so fun.
Speaker 2: Uh. There also were they. There also was a Emmanuel Acho.
Speaker 1: So I think you could probably say solidly right now that Yannis, from a likability standpoint, from his athletic standpoint, from his story, and on and on and on the resiliency of the ability to leave, didn't leave, et cetera. I mean, is Yiannis now the face of the league moving forward?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 3: I mean he's a big, big part of it, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: I mean this, could he be the face of the NBA.
Speaker 3: Like post post Lebron.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 2: All right, So Emanuel, watch us things to say on that click it.
Speaker 6: Why Caun't yall just not be the face of the NBA, because the face of the NBA must be relatable. Lebron James, we know Lebron James. Mama knows mama name.
Speaker 2: We know why, because Lebron James is so relatable.
Speaker 6: We know the character's names from the face Jam We know all them cats Great, Kobe Bryant. We knew Kobe Bryant. We knew his upbringing. We knew why he knew so many different languages and played at Lower Mary in high school. We knew his high school jersey number. We knew he wrapped the.
Speaker 1: Three from We knew all that Marty.
Speaker 6: We know about Magic, know about Michigan State, Magic Johnson, know about the college upbringing on Larry Bird the face in the eighties as well.
Speaker 3: Know about the Great because he didn't play college back to college.
Speaker 6: We know about that, know about the upbringing. We've seen the documentaries. Michael Jordan stop playing. We know about Mike, we know, we know everything there is to know about Mike. We know about the tragedy. We know about all that. We also know about the tragedies that he had to face, that he had tragedy with.
Speaker 1: It all.
Speaker 6: We know Janni's MoMA name.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 3: What's her name? Veronica? Veronica. Yes, that's the problem.
Speaker 6: When people say, like, where you're from, and you say it's somewhere.
Speaker 3: Small, like he said, the pro which is white, can't be the face goes to what I go to.
Speaker 1: People always ask me because he's foreign, because he's Nigeriana.
Speaker 6: Where you're from? I said, Dallas, Texas. He was Nigerian. He said, no, why you're from? I said, oh, you caught state. He's like a hand. I was like, oh, I see, I didn't know what you meant.
Speaker 3: There's so many hoops and.
Speaker 6: Obstacles we have to just this is so bad to make Jannis the face and if we're being honest, we're too lazy to jump through him.
Speaker 2: That's a no for me.
Speaker 1: Jannie is definitely a relatable story.
Speaker 3: I mean, he just said, fuck you you're foreign.
Speaker 1: That was foreign is Nigerian talking about how how impossible it is to be relatable.
Speaker 2: When fucking Emmanuel Aacho was, by the way.
Speaker 8: On Oprah's show has a book, fucking hosted The Bachelor, Shut the fuck Up a Manual?
Speaker 2: Aacho?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was very cringe, very very cringe. I hated that.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're just wrong. You just needed to take, You just needed to take and found a take. Yeah, that's what that was. I just got mad.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think I was gonna get mad about that, but then I started thinking, like, Emmanuel Acho is everywhere right now. Emmanuel Ocho is doing Buett commercials and like recounting his Tony Robbins speech to himself as he's walking through a fucking parking lot looking at a mirror and then stepping on stage to have uncomfortable conversations with a black man.
Speaker 3: And I don't get it, Like you were a disappointing NFL player, like you were Noah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you are this. Jannis was a kid who came from fucking nothing.
Speaker 1: His mom and his brothers were selling shit out on the Plaka of Grease. Like, by the way, those people are fucking annoying.
Speaker 2: I lived in Greece for college for six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd go to the plaka and they'd be give you this, give you this.
Speaker 2: Your eyes. Your eyes are like putting stuff on you.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get you to buy everything, cdsh sunglasses, T shirts, shoes, jewelry, everything, and they're everywhere the dog dial a dog nature of selling shit on the plaka in Athens, Grease is wild. He didn't have enough food to eat. He didn't know where he was gonna get his meals. When he came into Milwaukee, he ran to sell and give money.
Speaker 2: Back to his family. Didn't have enough money.
Speaker 1: He had to run to the facility on a game day and then catch a random ride from a stranger.
Speaker 2: Like he was skinny and six feet.
Speaker 1: Tall and his only dream was just to make it to the NBA. Now he's now, he's this that's not relatable to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I just a I mean I can't relate Who's who's the face? I mean like there's a lot of faces of every league like to me, so like I don't I don't really understand like why that was like a basis to like form a take and then to just be that off base on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh yeah, Lebron James super relatable, right, Like.
Speaker 3: What's fucking relatable about him? He's a fucking freak that just like all he did was work out from ages like twelve to Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kobe Bryant super relatable.
Speaker 1: The guy that like hates all of his teammates because no one has the type of work ethic but he has, Yeah, super relatable and.
Speaker 3: He's not working out, he's reading books. Like yeah, I mean what ability is such? It is so like not an aspect of it at all.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh, yes, Steph Curry super relatable, like child of a basketball.
Speaker 3: Star, Like who relates to their sports heroes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think we get finessed into thinking that they're relatable.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but remember that chick.
Speaker 2: That got canceled. She's like, it's my goal to not be relatable.
Speaker 1: Like I forget what the girl that wrote that book girl wash your face or whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I mean, what an amazingly bad take.
Speaker 1: I don't understand if if Emmanuel Acho worked at barstool, he'd be getting demolished for that.
Speaker 2: Take, would be able to come to it, he would not be able to come to work. Geez.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's that's the.
Speaker 2: Story of Yannis.
Speaker 1: The story of Chris Paul is about the opposite of that, a man who is.
Speaker 2: Just desperately trying to get it done.
Speaker 1: You know. The thing that's the worst part to me, It's like the Devin Booker story, him getting on the plane like Chris Paul is in the middle of writing a book about his legacy right now.
Speaker 2: Do you just wait on it? Do you just wait on it.
Speaker 3: Wait for the next like chapter. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ah Man, him and Wilbon are writing a book right now.
Speaker 3: Do you think he leaves? I honestly think it's a very go Portland Lakers.
Speaker 2: Portland would be nice. That'd make me happy him and Dame. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a ninety three percent chance of winning. When you go up to oh ninety three percent, that's what fuck. They've won Teams in the finals two oh have won the title eighty six percent.
Speaker 2: Of the time.
Speaker 1: He's the only player in NBA history to have lost four playoff series being up to oh so ninety three. I'm not like, don't have the calculator nearby, But you talk about the exponential probability of something that you get seven percent of the time happening four consecutive straight times, it's gotta be close to zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, because you like multiply the percentage, that's how you get it. Yeah, yes, it's uh god, fuck fuck fuck. I can't believe we lost.
Speaker 2: I'm sad too. I'm sad.
Speaker 1: I'm sad, and I feel bad for them. A lot of young guys on that Sons team except for Chris right there at the door of success. Not a lot of things to be funny about today. Honestly, not a very funny podcast episode.
Speaker 2: But hey, it's the end. It's the end.
Speaker 1: You know what might be funny is Trista quarantining for fourteen fourteen days in Tokyo when she's only supposed to be there for seven TBD on whether I'm actually gonna go, Yeah, gotta want to do that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. One of the guys I was watching the game was last night he was just like, I'm just gonna go to work and all I'm gonna do is work tomorrow. I'm just gonna like completely suffocate myself with work. So I'm like, I'm not thinking about this. I was like, well, my work.
Speaker 2: Is talking about it again.
Speaker 3: It's so like, yeah, that's kind of not an option for me.
Speaker 2: I thought about you a lot last night.
Speaker 1: I thought about, like, is there anyone who's gonna have a worse work day tomorrow than Marty besides the Phoenix Suns, Like, besides the Phoenix Suns and Palmer, your brother Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, actually yeah, yeah, he's having a worse day than me. Say, if anyone that doesn't know, my brother Uh is in the pr department for the Sun. So he literally and he makes the clips, so he.
Speaker 2: Basically clips all the sad moments.
Speaker 3: He goes and like reads everything about the Suns clips it sends it in like a big email like organization wise, so he literally has to go like read everything about it today. So thoughts and prayers to my brother Palmer.
Speaker 2: Thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 1: So what does this Bucks title mean for the rest of the NBA. It means that small market teams are on fucking notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are on notice, and.
Speaker 3: I'm throwed for them. I'm I'm I'm thrilled for the Bucks as like a like small market like teen fan, Like that's it's it's awesome for them. Like like shout out if you've made it through this whole podcast and you're a Bucks fan, shout out to congratulation for you.
Speaker 2: Because I dated a guy.
Speaker 1: I dated a guy Uh from Lebanon and he was not into sports at all, but he wanted a team to root for and he was like looking all the logos like a girl would do who doesn't know sports, basically look like finding a team based on the logo alone. And he's like, I like that deer. I like that little deer logo. That's a cute ass logo logo. And I was like, they'll you should never root for them because this is like twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Twenty ten old logo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like, like the old school, like purple deer, little tiny deer logo, and I was like, it's a great logo, but like they're never going to be good, so if you choose a team, don't willingly choose them.
Speaker 2: He's like, how are my Bucks doing?
Speaker 1: Every time I would talk to him, even after we broke up, How are my Bucks doing it?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, they're not doing great. They suck, right, And that was from twenty.
Speaker 1: Ten to what like twenty fifteen, maybe that's a while, twenty ten, twenty fifteen that he was like, how are my Bucks doing? And when they won last night, I was like, I wonder if he knows that the Bucks became a powerhouse and like they won it all.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I hope not. Fuck him.
Speaker 3: He sucks.
Speaker 2: He's terrible person.
Speaker 1: So you can win in a small market if you're patient and you strike when the iron is hot. And that means to me that the Portland Trailblazers and Dame are on notice, the Denver Nuggets and Jokich are in on notice, and the Utah Jazz and Spider are on notice. You have three perennial talents, three guys who need help right now. I think the Nuggets are close ish, but the Jazz are not close, and the Blazers are not close.
Speaker 2: And that shows you that the.
Speaker 1: Bucks didn't need to do anything they could have said, Like Giannis was nobody. He's a fucking knowing when we drafted him. He's turned into a beast into a god. And you know what he said, He's loyal, So we're gonna do what we can on a round the margins.
Speaker 2: And fuck him. No Minnesota, no Sacramento.
Speaker 1: If you have Karl Anthony Towns and DeAndre Darren Fox, like do something, stop doing nothing, like put your fucking balls on the table, put your chips in the middle, and fucking try to win right now. Out when they're twenty nine or thirty one, when they're like disgruntled and grizzled and tired of it, Like be a good boyfriend right now, right fucking now, that's you, Neil will Shay, Like Damian Lillard has an aside, we don't have much time. People are like gonna come in and need this podcast room. But he said, as an aside, Damian Lillard like to say that we are just a coach away from being a championship team is a ridiculous statement. If you look at our roster and you say we're a championship roster.
Speaker 2: We are not. We are not even close to that. So the Bucks took advantage.
Speaker 1: They got pasted a bunch of injuries, Kyrie's injury, Trey Young's injury, and it also I think puts the pressure squarely on this Philadelphia seventy six ers. You now see that the Bucks did what they did for Giannis, and you have a similar talent in Joel Embiid who is more injury prone and needs somebody to be around him fucking asaps.
Speaker 2: So Darryl Morey, because the Bucks aren't going.
Speaker 1: Anywhere, and the Nets aren't going anywhere, and the Hawks are on the rise, So do something like now and and the Miami Heat will be back among the teams. And now the Celtics are maybe on the rise with Udoka, the Hornets are on the rise.
Speaker 2: Like the East is now I know the East is now stacked.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that they're gonna lose them, but like they're actually making moves and the Sixers just don't seem.
Speaker 3: Also, I would love the Hornets to just come and like beat.
Speaker 2: It would be so fucking sick.
Speaker 1: Also, the fact that Yannis did what he did on Ben Simmons's birthday also.
Speaker 2: Very funny, very very funny.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think birthday it was like, this isn't good, this is not good.
Speaker 2: Scott Foster.
Speaker 1: Also, by the way, Antoni brothers had nothing to do with the game, like they were.
Speaker 2: Not relevant in any we in any way. Actually they were probably more.
Speaker 1: Relevant if I was a Bucks fan. I texted my friend if I was a Bucks fan right now, truthfully, I'd be furious because there were some calls that were going for the Suns that were.
Speaker 2: Kind of bullshit.
Speaker 3: I would have to go and watch it again. More about it. You gotta watch the take.
Speaker 2: Marty's got to go back and watch the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will not be watching that game ever again. In my life, I will promise you that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, if you find a generational talent like Yannis, build around him, take chances even if they don't pan out, because.
Speaker 2: Then at least they know you're trying. Everyone.
Speaker 1: Also, I think means now it means that they're gonna want a player like Yannis. So what does that mean around someone like Jonathan Kaminga?
Speaker 2: Could he move up?
Speaker 1: Could a team say, yo, if we're patient this get Kay's eighteen, he's kind of Yanis esque, Maybe we can if we're we have the right training staff and the right organization, maybe we could build him into the next thing.
Speaker 2: So I think guys that.
Speaker 1: Are these like super freaky, wiry athletic forwards may end up being more valuable than guards in some ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and young, because I mean, I mean, what was he? I mean, he was eighteen when he got drafted. He grew like three inches after he got drafted, and.
Speaker 2: Another Fortuns or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So now yeah, I think now that means that that's a new mold. Every time there's like something freakish that happens, the whole entire league tries to copy it, which is very hard and very you know, sort of silly to do. But I think that means that if you see someone who could be that's probably what they thought in James Wiseman.
Speaker 2: But that's just a nough.
Speaker 3: Well we did it with Dragon Bender the year after Porzingis got drafted. Yes, that was always work.
Speaker 2: No, doesn't always work. That just goes to show.
Speaker 3: You fuck Dragon Bender. Goddamn, that just put me in the like the worst mood ever.
Speaker 2: You want to just end it, then you just want to end it. Let's just end it, Let's just end it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, also, just one more thing about Ben Simmons. This guy Derek Bodner made a great point. He said, too many people think Ben Simmons can be honest, he can't, not even if he had the same mentality as John Simmons has never had the touch, the length, the body control, or the strength at the basket that Yannis has. Expecting Simmons to develop into Yannis distracts from the potential of real progress he could have should have made. Simmons and Yannis share similar weaknesses but not similar strengths at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's exactly it. Like like, okay, yeah, they're not the best shooters, but a like Yannis way better shooter, much better shit in general, Like they share weaknesses, but one one of them it's a debilitating weakness. The other figures out a way.
Speaker 2: Around him, and Yanis actually wants to shoot.
Speaker 3: And Yannis is fucking like six live. I mean, I know Ben is like big too, he's like six', ten but Like yannis can just around the. Basket he can do things That Ben, simmons yet can never dream of.
Speaker 4: Doing, it never.
Speaker 3: Dream And i'm not a huge Like, simmons like hate. HATER i, MEAN i Mean lsu like my, guy even though he doesn't wrap ul as you as hard as he, should.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't rep anything as hard as he, should except for girls to live overseas and then he goes to wimble than.
Speaker 2: With, anyway that's enough.
Speaker 1: Time, congratulations just, Finally congratulations to The. Bucks congratulations To bucks. Fans i'm SORRY i said mean. Things i'm SORRY i disrespected. You there's no there's NOT i can't rule out THAT i won't do it again next, year.
Speaker 2: LIKE i can't rule it.
Speaker 1: OUT i was thinking about that this morning WHEN i woke, Up like you, Know i'll never disrespect The bucks. Again And i'm like you. KNOW i just don't know if that's. True that's a roller coaster ride the bucks are you?
Speaker 2: Know so who. Knows maybe it was lightning a. Bottle maybe you have a perennial. DYNASTY i don't.
Speaker 1: Know but in the, meantime please subscribe to, Us please, Rate please review On Apple podcasts And. SPOTIFY i think we have some championship merch on.
Speaker 2: Sale yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: In The Barstool sports. Store i'm a company, woman SO i got appreciate.
Speaker 3: It yeah, it go buy. It, yeah just don't wear.
Speaker 1: It don't wear it around, Us go follow us at this league and At Trista, crik on, TikTok, instagram and you To twitter all the. Places and instead of my fucking, mentions if you have something toxic to, say Because i'm gonna block you in three, seconds you're gonna have to create a burner and then you're gonna say more toxic.
Speaker 2: Things That i'm gonna block you every fucking. Time to just stay out of my mentions with.
Speaker 1: Toxicity thank you for listening and tune In monday evening for the next off season episode where we talk about THE Nba.
Speaker 2: Draft it's draft, season, baby on this.
Speaker 9: League so think they come on holiday.
Speaker 7: Fall it's sound to risk it.
Speaker 4: All say hello to the big, dog say goodbye.
Speaker 7: To all the.
Speaker 4: Falls keep it a, hunted keep it on and keep it a down certain, people so that we don't allow no no no po poh no no no pole.
Speaker 3: You a slow pole all?
Speaker 7: Black oh you stay.
Speaker 4: Whoa i'm the, Best i'm the best case clothes rock kill. ROCK i ain't no.
Speaker 3: Joke give me.
Speaker 4: That give me that you, mean give me, That give me, that give me.
Speaker 3: THAT i want this and now what you?
Speaker 6: MEAN i can't have?
Speaker 4: That stand Your, Laine Lois, lana skirt stirred on, Him stand your, Lane Penny, lender skirt skirred on.
Speaker 7: Him big, big big big, dog big, dog big, dog walk, in big, dog walk with the.
Speaker 4: Dog i'm a risk it.
Speaker 3: All i'm a risk it. Off i'm a risk it.
Speaker 7: All big, big big big, dog wake, dog big dog walk in big dog walk here with the dog.
Speaker 3: Dog i'm a risk it. All i'm a risk it.
Speaker 7: All i'm a risk at.
Speaker 1: All, ooh you.
Speaker 4: Got a risk it just to get a? Biscuit? Biscuit how many licks does it take the? Liquor she want elect a, trapper but she already to elect the. Rapper oh, my oh, my so fly fly.
Speaker 3: SI i stay, FLY i stay.
Speaker 4: Fly quality that's to get. BY i want it all, out a piece of the. Pie everybody eats, everybody and we keep all of the.
Speaker 7: Receipts swing good and we live in. Good we could have made.
Speaker 4: It up about the give me, that give, me that give, me that give, me that give, me that give me that THAT i want.
Speaker 3: This and that what you?
Speaker 4: MEAN i can't have? That stay your, Lane Lois lana starts stirred on, him stang you, Lane Penny lena starts stirred on.
Speaker 7: Him big, big big big, dog big, doll big dog walk in dog walk in with the. Doll i'm anna risk it. All i'm a risk it.
Speaker 3: All i'm a risk it.
Speaker 1: ALL a.
Speaker 7: Big, big big big dollig doll Big why can't big dog wal can't with the. Dog i'm gonna list it.
Speaker 3: All i'm an risk it. All i'm a risk it.
Speaker 1: All m hm