Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've had a lot of coffee. No, I love that. I'm all my third cup. That's probably great for my insights. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. Welcome everyone to the Big Show. We need like a saying for it. Welcome to the Big Show.
Speaker 2: It's the Big Show and Aaron's in the Big Apple. Have you ran into Tray Trab?
Speaker 1: What is their nickname? Do we have a nickname for them yet? I don't love what Tony's trying to do there, Trey Trab. I don't love it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't either, But anyways, welcome capis Well, call me whatever you want, just call me. Happy day them out in the streets. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. If you guys don't love Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey, this is not the podcast for you. Wah Yeah, we talked about it on the pre game, but again worth repeating. Big shout out to my girl, Aaron Andrews and the where by Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 1: Team, because Taylor Swift was wearing.
Speaker 2: That their windbreaker in the red and black version off the shoulder.
Speaker 1: And she's adorable, adorable thanks for being our model. Tatay. Wait, there was this meme I saw yesterday when I was flying from Cleveland to New York of these three girls. I'm gonna post it on the Calm Down IG. I have to find it. If somebody else finds it, send it to me. It's three girls and they're at the concert and they're waiting for the song, and they're waiting and they're like and then she says what it is and they're like, oh my god, and looser shit. That was funny. Reminded me of us. That was me when I picked up my phone and Aaron confirmed that she was in where by Aaron Andrews at the Thursday night game that I was at in Kansas City, So Broncoso. How was the buzz with her there? I mean, she's done it to other places before, but it's still pretty cool. Elvis is in the building. How is the buzz with her there?
Speaker 2: I just appreciate you saying buzz. It's always one of the many things that I love about Aaron. She goes like she would have been great in like the nineteen fifties. She's reading papers. What's the buzz listening to two owns? The camaraderie, My gal will do it all. Uh, the buzz was I don't know. I think it was probably tempered compared to what you had because you were the first.
Speaker 1: To have her in the building.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I mean I think there was also a little bit of like this is now the normal thing. Like she comes to games, they're together, they're adorable.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that? Like with everybody making such a big deal she's there, not on the broadcast because I do think you should show her. I don't think it should be you know whatever. I'll let each broadcast deal with that. But I almost feel bad. It's like, let the girl go to a game now, you know, we good, let her have a life, correct. But I also think that she's very aware that comes with the territory. When her and Travis are out in New York, I think that they're very aware that if you're going to go to the Waverley Inn or you're going to go to NOBU, like you could also stay in and not have to deal with all that. But this is also why I love them. Bucke it.
Speaker 2: We're going to go all in, We're going to SNL, We're going to every place and we're going to live our life. And Travis, you opened that door for her, you little.
Speaker 1: Cute test sweet nugget. And also Taylor Krispy Rice Baci Tuna at Nobu, like, what do you think do you take out a bakekrop hand? Yeah, all of the above.
Speaker 2: Stay awhile, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. We are heading into week seven of the NFL. My gal is in New York because she is an entrepreneur and busy as a little b In conjunction with being the lead NFL sideline reporter, a mother, a entrepreneur of the fastest selling wind breaker in town, she's also doing all kinds of things which I cannot wait for this announcement that you're also going to make this week, you know, the one.
Speaker 1: We're excited about it. Okay nowtes and the biz okay, guys, stay announcement and then we'll get off the wind Breaker. We did restock on Finatic, but don't make sure you get to it because I don't think we're going to be restocking anymore. So if you want that case Windbreaker, we did put some more out there and listen if you want them. For other teams, I realize not everybody's a Chiefs fan. Let fanatics know we're trying to so you let them know. And then fanatics dot com wherels can they go? Whereby EA dot com? Perfect love you And you know, here's the thing you said on our box segment, calmdown dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's not a website, but I might make it after that. I just you know, I just love you, guys. I cannot tell you enough. And happened in Kansas City too. You guys, we really appreciate you listening, because I mean, it's really sweet when you guys a guy at the airport, Oh my god, the only thing been attendant for me?
Speaker 1: You go, you go.
Speaker 2: The only thing that is greater than Taylor Swift wearing where by Aaron Andrews is your gal? This one right here with willis on the T shirt. Got TSA approved, finally, Calm Down, Big happenings around here. I got my TSA approval letter. Your gal is going through TSA pre check, but I didn't have it prior to this morning. So when I was in Kansas City schlepping through the airport, telling anyone that would listen about where by Aaron Andrews Windbreakers. I was relegated to the pedestrian line because I did not have TSA PreCheck and Ryan Fitzpatrick and Andrew Whitworth were making fun of me.
Speaker 1: But guess what.
Speaker 2: As I turned the corner with shame to go to the clear line without TSA pre check, this sweet man right here wait for it while I find the video.
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, can't take this.
Speaker 2: He goes, hey, you're on the podcast, And I said ah, And I looked at Witt and fitz and I go, you can have your TSA pre check.
Speaker 1: I got him. So anyways, I love you guys for listening because it means a lot. Look at this cutie. Hold on Greg Drew, His name was Greg.
Speaker 2: That was Greg at the airport saying that he listens to the Calm Down podcast. So I will go through a non TSA pre check line any day with guys like Greg, you know what I mean. But anyways, so that's the big news in my life, not selling out wind Breakers and having the biggest star in the entire world during my clothing line. But TSA pre check. Close second.
Speaker 1: I was on a United flight this week going to Cleveland. Kevin Burkhart was my seat mate, thank God because we both had to grind out it's winning the lottery, and it's like, yeah, it is. And sweet Sweet Angel comes over to me as we sit down about to take off, wanting to know my drink order, and goes, I love the podcast, and she's so excited. I need I needed not.
Speaker 2: This is crazy the voices that we have on this podcast. If no, but I get, I get so excited and then I'm like, hey, the neighbors are trying to sleep. It's early in the morning here on the West Coast, so.
Speaker 1: She said, and I said, hey, I'm a huge flight attendant, like advocate. She goes, I know one time I was freaking out because you were talking about United and US not having lemon or lines. And she's like, I got to tell United we got to get lemon and limes. And I said, if it's true, but I do love flight attendants, and she goes, what can I get you to drink? I said, sparkling water with a love of lemon. They don't. She was adorable, She was great, But.
Speaker 2: You'll still make lemonade with the flight attendants and all things that aren't you know, perfect in the world. But what is perfect is the listeners, the listeners, all you listeners out there.
Speaker 1: But seriously, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Big Show Week seven, sister friend, you're in New York working, hard.
Speaker 1: Working, hall am, I.
Speaker 2: And I am headed to New Orleans, New Orleans prospect all the memories of the old BCS. Nobody that listens to this podcast is old enough for that Fox used to have before the playoff, you know, structure in college football. BCS and I would go and work a Sugar Bowl there and I spent we spent a lot of time in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: You know. AnyWho? So Cafe Dumont, who are they playing? Jacksonville jaguarres Oh, Trevor Lawrence day to day? Yeah yeah, got it a knee injury, but they won yesterday They beat the Colts and the Saints coming off a lost crazy day in the NFL yesterday. Week six, can Strown keep it going, kid we go? I mean, good for a him.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Bryce Young struggling looking for their first win, elusive first win. They still don't have that yet. The Buffalo Bills New York Giants game last night, it was crazy three freaking nothing headed into the fourth quarter. What's going on with that? Fifteen and a half points. But I don't want to brag, but I will DK partner DraftKings. This is not an AD, but it also is an ad my three game parlay hit.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you guys are interested in making money, so you could buy the Windbreaker on where by Aaron Andrews, then you might want to start following my game picks, you know what I mean. So, yeah, it was a crazy day in the NFL, but fun. Nonetheless, there's so much parody right now, which you never know that both of the undefeated teams lost, so San Francisco and the Eagles fell. So no team in the NFL is without an l What else happened yesterday?
Speaker 1: How was your game at Windla go Robert Solid.
Speaker 2: And Jets Eagles Sala me too? And Aaron Rodgers on the sideline? How about I think it was Mark Sanchez, it must have been and Kevin Coogler, who were on the call for that game. They were just talking and then like Marke did a double take. He goes, oh my god, is that Aaron Rodgers throwing those spirals flinging it around with that Marco's surgery?
Speaker 1: What a guy?
Speaker 2: And here's what I loved about it, and you would know better than me because he's your friend. Him being on the sideline, that relationship that we saw with him and Zach Wilson in Hard Knocks. I bet you and maybe whatever you could shed some insight on this that Zack Wilson probably appreciated him being there because like he's just having that extra person there that's like, hey, do this or don't do this, or it's okay, like calm down. Like it would feel like a like a an emotional support dog on the sideline. Is what it would feel like, is like somebody comforting you and giving you that confidence of like, hey, you got this.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think their relationship is sweet, and I hope it's what it looks like. I said to him, what, I've had a lot of coffee when he had no.
Speaker 1: I love that. I'm all my third cup. That's probably great for my insides, I had said to him when he was talking about going back and being on this sidelines. I would literally speaking of having three cups of coffee. Crap my pants. If you were standing there, like and it was originally your role and you are you know thinking, I know in the back of my head, well, Aaron could do this better, Aaron could do that better. But he said, no, no, no, no, this is going to help him. I know it's going to help him. So listen. He knows better about his locker room than I obviously do. So I'm glad it worked out for them. There's still a chance, I mean, I am not doubting Aaron Rodgers. Or is a chance if they could pull you know it together and obviously keep stringing along some wins, that'd be pretty bad ass. It'd be pretty bad ass. Julian Edelman, who knows a thing or two, won three Super Bowl Super Bowl MVP. I appreciate his insights. If you guys haven't watched Fox NFL Kickoff, he's doing a fabulous job. He was so funny yesterday.
Speaker 2: He told a story about peeing in the bathroom and not knowing that it was Kyle Shanahan that was coming up to him because he had had a few drinks and Kyle Shanahan at the pisser. And this is and I quote from Julian Edelman, I'm standing at the pisser. I've whipped it out on peen and this guy says, hey, you do a nice job this and that, and Julian's like, oh, like I'm peing, like, don't talk to me. And then it was Kyle Shanahan and so often does a nice job and we don't know in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: We've never been with him in the bathroom, but no on the field.
Speaker 2: But this, but this story that he was telling is because we were giving like head coaches, you know, flowers and what they've done with their respective teams.
Speaker 1: And I was talking about Dan Campbell and Detroit.
Speaker 2: Anyways, the whole story is to say that Julian, after we were off air, then we saw Aaron on the sideline and he goes.
Speaker 1: I love that. He goes, that's a good look right there. It's a good look for him, and it's a good look for the team to have him show up and to have him be there. And I was like, yeah, so the Jewels same. What else?
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to get organized because my mind's going on a hundred miles out.
Speaker 1: I just can't help it.
Speaker 2: My excitement for the Windbreaker is still at an all time high.
Speaker 1: Esus wind is it trees or dreams went beneath my wings? You could do so many things.
Speaker 2: Wendy Williams, it was windy where you were in Cleveland yesterday. How about a game there, Dolphe, I.
Speaker 1: Know, so interesting, excited for all it? Well, forty nine are not excited so interesting. Listen, you and I had gotten into some discussions about rock Party. The guy needed some adversity. Well, brought party here, it is, here we go. It was all very interesting. Lost their two biggest weapons obviously in the game, Deebo Christian Dre Greenlaw didn't play My favorite part. Can we just it wasn't even the game. My favorite part is this. In prep for our games, I usually grab and the PR teams are so wonderful about it. Two players I talked about the Nick Bosa phone call right after I saw Taylor wearing the windbreaker. Also get one of mine, and I think your favorite players too out there. Trent Williams, fucking badass, Trent Williams. I'm not awesome. I'll just give you a shove Trent Williams. And we saw this in the playoff game last year against Dallas, like there was a little back and forth with the Kickers debos there. Trent Williams will go after anybody who goes on the other side. Such a bad ass. And I'm also gonna say this Box, I'm gonna call somebody over there at that Pico building. He when he is all done, after he wins the Super Bowl, does his thing. He'd be freaking great on your show, courtsa Well. Bring him the more the merrier, bring him out, bring them out. Yeah, I definitely wouldn't want to be on his bad side. Trent Williams is such a bad ass. He is such a bad ass, one of my favorite players. I would like to get a picture of him holding Max Doll. I'm not gonna lie. I love him so much, imagine and Trent Maxtel. Maxwell's very active.
Speaker 2: I need a quick Maxwell update, by the way, and I know that the well I get an update, but I know that our wonderful viewers need an update.
Speaker 1: What's he doing right now or else? I'm just going to talk about him like he's my kid. There's a lot of a lot of kicking. He's very active. He's doing the goo goo got God noises and very do you think you're high pitched squealing? That's him. He's like, so hold on, I won't play the video, but I'll play the noise. The noise is incredible.
Speaker 2: So while you pull that up the other night. So now this is what happens when Aaron has a baby. I just invite myself over because I'm like, I don't care if you're busy, I'm just coming over.
Speaker 1: I'm not there for you, I'm there for your child. He wants to say so much. Yeah, it's like and.
Speaker 2: There's he's got so many words that he wants to say and he just can't get him out.
Speaker 1: So here's the squeal. Hold on, we are screwed. Doesn't that make you so happy? By the way, my sister and Jared just cracking up the whole time.
Speaker 2: I get so excited when I see a video ascent of Max Stole because it's just gonna make It's pure joy, you know. It's just the cute little nugget and his legs are kicking and he is ready, and Halloween is around the corner, and I can't wait for you to share with everyone what the Halloween customer is Not today, not now, but soon, not tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Huh wait, where are you this week? I know you're in New York right now, but where are you for your game? Oh? We have a goodie. We have lions at Baltimore. O heho, and I knowed you go by in right.
Speaker 2: I love that for them five and one for the first time since two thousand and eleven. And yeah, Jared Goff loving his fans loving them up.
Speaker 1: Good for him. I love a redemption see me. David Montgomery healthy though he left in our game the first game of this and we had in Seattle. He played well in your game Thursday night. He did go down against the Bucks. There's a lot of shit happening. When you and I have a lot of coffee, we turn into stay with date all the things. Yep, Jim Schwartz, I mean his defense looked good yesterday. Again it helped Debo and Christian were out. But damn, what else is happening? David and Joku crazy. We actually got to shake his hand and give him a hug pregame. You want to tell the story about what happened, and then I can add about.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's done since Yeah, just real quickly, he had a terrible incident with a barbecue and it burned his entire face, like not just in arms too, yeah, and not just a small little burn, like really badly burned and he shared a picture he went to a game. This is the part that we're ay was talking to Charles and to Mike about this yesterday.
Speaker 1: How did you play? How did he play?
Speaker 2: He put a ski mask over his face, But when he showed the picture of how bad the burns were, then you go, how did you play in an NFL game with the rubbing up the helmet? And anyways, I'm just like he is. We already knew what a badass he was, but like to go through this. So what did he say yesterday?
Speaker 1: So a couple of things. We asked Kevin Stefanski in our pregame meetings about him, and he said, when he put the helmet on after I think a few days after he was burned, they knew he wouldn't be able to take it off. So once he got it on, he walked into Kevin Stefanski's office, gave him a thumbs up, and walked out played the game. They ended up losing that game to the Ravens, Kevin Stefanski telling us, and you would appreciate this very much. Of course I wanted to win the game, but I wanted to win the game so bad to give him a game ball because the fact he played it was unbelievable. We ended up seeing him pregame. He puts out this huge thing on the internet with a picture of his face, and he said, you know, he's gotten reached out, reached out by a lot of burn victims, a lot of nurses who've worked with burn victims. I think there's a burn association. I'm misspeaking, but they were just like, thank you so much, because a lot of us feel so embarrass about how we look. And he's like, my eyes were wide open when this fire hit me. I saw everything. I am lucky to be alive. I'm lucky to do what I do, and I want to show people they don't have to be embarrassed. We went up there, gave this dude a huge hug. He actually looked really really good. I just thought that was so wonderful that he did that. And that's where the game isn't as you know, is so small compared to real life shit. And he's awesome, You're sweet, Like I can tell you like getting emotional about it because it's it goes back to that these are for you know, well, yeah, and you've you know, you've said it many times where it's like this is sports and entertainment is an escape right for so the kids. And that's why when you see and it was actually one of the many wonderful things that Russell Wilson did for the Seattle community, and of course my connection with Seattle Children's Hospital because that's where my niece was treated for her brain tumor. But like, yeah, when those guys go to the hospital and deal with pediatric cancer or for the David and Djoku thing and helping burn victims or anybody that is dealing with something and shut like these guys, these larger than life people, uh, shine a light on it. It is really special.
Speaker 2: And then it just continues to put into perspective that this game is an outlet for a lot of people, an escape, and even for him, it's like where you know, he goes through that but then wants to get back up on the field and like go to you know, be out there for his teammates.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm glad that he's doing better. I'm glad that he's needs too, Like he looks great. Yeah, what else do we have going on? Dolphace.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think because I'm up against the clock for our podcast. I got my call. We are just busy bees checking things off today. Do you have the rest of the day. I got my Amazon call every Monday, so we'll break down the game, just do different things.
Speaker 1: Excited to be there. You guys are on a roll. The pregame's been amazing, it's been fun. You looked fantastic. Our entire crew at our Saturday night dinner was like Carrista looked at me, Carsta blowing in our hair.
Speaker 2: She looked it was the windbreaker. That was really the glow that I probably had my face.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've said about nine hundred times. Okay, so then you get to come back and then you're off to Baltimore, own sister, you go here.
Speaker 1: Here's what it is, right, how long do we have this opportunity to do this and all the things, and yeah, it's a lot, but it is what it is. Let's get you off so you can get your call and yeah you can have a minute all.
Speaker 2: Right for those of you guys, seriously that we see in the airport, you won't see me in the non TSA line anymore because I'll be in the big girl line finally. But I cannot overstate whether if you're at a game, you know, yelling from the crowd, or at the TSA line, or seeing Aaron on a flight, we appreciate and we love each and every one of you. We're going to be back with our pregame next week for questions, comments, and concerns.
Speaker 1: We were gonna.
Speaker 2: Steve's very upset. Steve thought that he was making his calm down. I'm sorry, my god, what are you talking about. Steve was going to fill in for Aaron this week because she's in New York doing stuff, and we made it work, and I go. I had to break the news to him last night. I said, hey, you didn't make the cut this week. You're not going to be on the podcast. He goes, I had so many things I could talk about.
Speaker 1: I said, you know what, why? God? And he was probably rehearsing.
Speaker 2: I said, I go, Now, this guy's do it live kind of guy. I said, Hey, here's the deal. There's plenty of opportunities for you out there. Okay, don't give up. You're not a starter yet, but be ready for your opportunity.
Speaker 1: Kid. Yeah, if you don't have to be ready to get ready?
Speaker 2: Whatever the fucking phrase is, but you know who is ready this Gal, Congratulations again on the Windbreaker.
Speaker 1: Love you and thank you Taylor, Thank you, Travis, thank you, kick Ass to the Academy and everyone Yes to the Academy. Thank you so much. Thank you to her Shoulder and her you were out? Is that? How was that?
Speaker 2: What it was?
Speaker 1: I just want to know, Shoulder. I wish I could wear those boots. I'd have cankles if I wore those things. The cap would be. I tied on a pair of boots that you have. I couldn't even and put my feet in them. They were so uncomfortable. And Jillian goes Couriza can deal with the pain. You're more of a comfort Gal.
Speaker 2: Also, they wouldn't have them in your size. Aaron has mac Stoles size and size three. All Right, I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Aaron kick ass this week in New York and in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I'm acting like I'm not going to talk to you five minutes after this is over, exactly. All right, Love you all bye, Love you say everyone.
Speaker 1: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts