Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of two thousand Trends. Two thousand Trends. The well known song everybody's familiar with that goes two thousand.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is it?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, it's in my head. I swear it exists. Maybe they're not saying two thousand, and that's just what I've heard. It's the hook.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're tooth housing.
Speaker 1: Tooth housing. That's talking about your mouth housing.
Speaker 3: It's a two thousand.
Speaker 1: Anyways, if anyone knows what that song is, just for one more time, two thousand, two thousand. Okay, I know that I repeat it at least once. Okay, it's all I got. It's all I got.
Speaker 3: Folks don't know the genre, couldn't tell you any couldn't give us any other distress.
Speaker 1: Feels like it was like a fun party song and I'm I'm feeling New York vibe for some reason. Could be wrong. Could be I just lived in New York when I heard it one time, and it was a kid children's birthday parties that I was riding my bike by. Who knows, But if anybody does, let me know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let us know who.
Speaker 1: That is the trending title. That is Miles Gray over there, Jack O'Brien, and that's the trending title because Y two K fashion is taking over and j z.
Speaker 3: Bo a bo bo bah, Well guess what. Apparently sales of women's cargo pants jumped eighty one percent from January to May. Buckle up, motherfuckers. H and M Mazara say this in success with biker jackets. Remember those denim garments, like all all denim everything, crop tops, people talking about fucking baby t shirts are coming back.
Speaker 2: And the really thing.
Speaker 3: That I realized that Y two K is back is because of the bright colored volure tracksuits.
Speaker 1: I don't remember lower crack suits. I have not seen neither hide nor hair of of them since the early two thousands. So this, this does feel like I've been waiting. Every time someone said why two K fashions coming back? I was like, but is it?
Speaker 3: But is it?
Speaker 1: Really? Denim has been around, but yeah, brightly colored, the lower track suits too warm for anyone. I feel like I'm very comfortable.
Speaker 3: But they call that bling era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm like, okay jeans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just like you know, just like this, like two thousand and four to two thousand and eight, really two thousand and two thousand, like that's when I was peaking baby with the razor phone and the rainbow Louis Vuitton print belt.
Speaker 2: Twas out here with that look.
Speaker 1: But yeah, big earrings I've seen seen the berries pick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah I have, I do. I have ones that were like so heavy, like they were like drooping off my ear because they were so foolishly big because I was trying to look like bird Man gauges you in your ears almost almost almost, But yeah, I'm kind of I feel like my mom has My mom doesn't throw away like my clothes, so like if I ask her, like you got anything at the house, I feel like I could probably put together a sick ass Mike Bling era off. I know, I know I could put together like a two thousand and one rap video look with like a do Rag oversize throwback Jersey, baggy jeans, Tim's wristbands, headbands all that.
Speaker 1: It could be one of the people in that the video for that song two spous that's like a pop song. I don't know anyways, What is there anything that you're hoping you you'd like to see comeback that you think might go too far? Like, will will people start rocking with the dude, Oh you know what tech books with the discman case logic, case logic, case logic.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's come on.
Speaker 2: I've been not that old.
Speaker 3: You were there, you were there, you had the case.
Speaker 1: I had one of the words how.
Speaker 3: Did you do it? Did you do it where the booklet was behind the disc or the booklet was on the other side of the page, to give it more of like a you know, how did you do it? Because some people would Yeah, I think most people did it because.
Speaker 1: That would have spit more. Yeah, and then it's nice and snug in there, nothing's falling out exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then like but then like the seams would start to tear the truly tensile strength of said case logic CD case things. I want to come back, Honestly, bro, I fucking dress like such a washed asshole millennial. Like I have baggy basketball shorts that like I'm like, I'll wear them now.
Speaker 1: Years yo.
Speaker 3: I used to wear these shits though, that were like three quarter length basketball shorts.
Speaker 2: Wow, like not the best time of my life.
Speaker 3: No, if we're giving, if we're doing make goods on that and we can bring them back I'm sure I could dig those up, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean in the nineties, I was wearing that with jeworts, Yeah, jeworts three quarterling oh.
Speaker 3: Gene Cargo Jargos Jargos Argo shorts. Yeah, one of my favorite pairs of shorts. In two thousand I wore, I remember very vividly my outfit to the Lakers two thousand championship parade. I wore denim jargo shorts with a Mecca T shirt. Yes, like this new.
Speaker 2: Mecca T shirt I got.
Speaker 3: Like my mom was like, like, you know, I found it out ross and shit, and I was like, Okay, I'm wearing this fucking Mecca tea with my shit and I had the Lakers towel. Who Yeah, good times shout out to fifteen year old me.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we wanted to check in with the RFK Junior presidential campaign very seriously. It seems like it's doing well so Earlier this week, he held a press dinner in which the event's host started drunkenly ranting about the climate hoax, then got into a screaming match with his friend after he told him to shut up. It only ended when said host led out a quote booming fart all while shouting I'm farting appropriately enough.
Speaker 3: I mean, so it was the host, right, this guy, Doug Deckert, and then he got fight with his friend. Art critic Anthony Hayden guest who the new who the page six points out, appeared to have been sleeping for most of the dinner, but then was like roused by the abrupt like screaming that was going on. And then yeah, I just like that they're screaming at each other back and forth about the climate. And then I guess, yeah, you just I guess that is a way to punctuate an argument. It's just a fucking fart and say I'm farting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: What do you do in that instance? Are you are you saying it like as you do it? Like are you calm like and they're talking to these go I'm farting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you just know that, like that adds a little a little kind of punctuation of And I did it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Okay, So he was yelling. So was it more of an oprah I'm faring or I'm forty or was it he started farting. Everyone's looking looking over at him and he it's still going exactly, so he yeah, I'm farting what you've never like, you've never done it before.
Speaker 1: Okay, mister never farts.
Speaker 3: Dennis Kucinich was there too, apparently had a front row seat to the fart fest.
Speaker 1: So maybe he's a little insecure about how much he's contributed to the climate crisis with the methane.
Speaker 2: But the myth r the quote from the from PAGEIX, the candidate maintained a steady composure in the face.
Speaker 1: Of the crisis. That's what we look for from our president, you know. Yeah, that's that's what we need. That steady hand.
Speaker 3: We need that seeing ability to just dissociate and just physically be there amidst all this physical turmoil that's there.
Speaker 1: But the other story, there is a Kennedy bus being driven cross uh Canada and blaring out uh. I forget which song it is. So it's one of those, like one of the songs that like Forrest Gump used to.
Speaker 2: What It's What It's For, What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, like the you know needle drop that It's like, Okay, this is something's happening. Something is happening here. I'm farting, But so it's people were noticing. They're like, weird that he's not running for president up here, but it is. So the person driving the bus is apparently another fail son, this time fail brother. But yeah, I guess fail son Kyle Temper, who just happens to be Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's half brother.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Yeah, good for him, just like he's out there, a fellow.
Speaker 1: Conspiracy theorist, a fellow you know, failure, yeah, right wing loser. Yeah, and person whose family had political talent, and he's like, what about me? What about the same last name? Or in this case, I don't he.
Speaker 3: Looks like a devious Kenny g impersonator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like he beat up Kenny g and took his hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like his like beard that he has. It's wow, we're the same age. I'm glad I don't look like that. Yeah, but that's what I always used to gauge. I'm like, how old are you? Okay, I'm older than you. Then you have to listen to me.
Speaker 1: So Justin Trudeau's father was obviously also the Prime minister, and his mother they had like a messy breakup during which she slept with Mick Jagger, or was rumored was romantically linked with with Mick Jagger, Lou Rawls, Jack Nicholson, and then ended up with like a contractor in Ottawa named Fred named yeah and Fred Kemper, which Fred.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, I was with Lou Rawls, right and Jack Nevilson, but.
Speaker 1: Nobody is as cool as Ottawa developer Fred Kemper. They had two kids and this is the result of that little backstory.
Speaker 3: Therefore, I mean the RFK, the RFK r V rolls along in a powerful way. But I love that in this event he was supposed to have nothing about anything that had to do with him. That the main distillation that RFK had a campaign event was this guy farted.
Speaker 1: This guy farted and announced it.
Speaker 2: Hey, this guy farted real loud.
Speaker 1: Though this story also makes me really jealous of Canada the Kemper story because people are like, yeah, we don't really like pay attention to him, since Canadians aren't quote terribly interested in the lives of politicians families, so like, we don't just automatically assume this person is interested, right right, Obviously he can become the president like his dad with backroom connections, but we don't automatically like make this person a celebrity and re reprint his wild conspiracy theories because he's the half brother or son of the president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm sorry Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, miss, And now it's cool down here.
Speaker 2: All of our trash juice is leaking up north.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a gasoline rainbow of trash juice. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, And the FDA has approved the first over the counter birth control pilling US history, which amazing milestone that could significantly expand access to contraception. It's called the O pill or it is? Is it?
Speaker 3: O pill?
Speaker 2: Apple?
Speaker 3: Oh? Pill? Oh? P I l L yeah pill open, Oh whatever, they got it.
Speaker 1: FDA stresses it is safe and is expected to be more effective than currently available non prescription contraceptive methods and preventing unintended pregnancy.
Speaker 3: I sometimes that that sounds like a euphemism for pulling out non prescription.
Speaker 1: They are probably I think they're probably lumping like condom use where like right right, I know, it's also pulling in with one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, non non prescription contraceptive methods. I mean I think this is this is something that a lot of uh, you know, reproductive rights activists have been talking about all the time. It's like being able to access like birth control over the counter without a prescription is like one of the main recommendations these groups give all the time, like, if you want to help people, especially women of color, black women in this country, make it as available as that, because again turns out we live in a country of unequal access. So this is like the kind of shit that also, I mean not to mention the fucking medical horrors that have been perpetrated, especially against black women. You know, probably easier to just say I'll get it over the counter. And a lot of the polling had said prior to this that like something like almost sixty percent of people of like who didn't have access to birth control through a prescription said that if there was something over over the counter, non prescription, they would take that.
Speaker 1: Shit. Yeah, So the big question is will it be age restricted and what the cost will be, right, because that is also going to be a big determinant in how restricted it is. But birth control pills are already available in more than one hundred countries without a prescription. Oh really, name them, Name every single one. If you're so smart, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting.
Speaker 3: But over the counter birth I'm just curious to see because I think these countries are made up. Oh, United Kingdom, I've heard of that. India Okay, China.
Speaker 1: Nah, never heard of these famously laid back China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm like, look, contraception is important, especially, I mean a god, especially right now with all of the fucking restriction to abortion access. This is like such a needed thing because also too, you're reading more and more stories about how the lack of access to abortion care is being used by like coercive partners to keep people in shitty abusive relationships. Yeah, and God, just again, we're we're always about ten years too late to the cool party, right, but we're always the first ones there to the bomb the shit out of you parties, right.
Speaker 1: Try for making us look bad, bomb the ship out of you. We'll go to war with you.
Speaker 3: We'll go to We're gonna bomb you UK for having over the counter fucking birth control before unprovoked.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? This war was waged on the premise of you think you're better than me, the classic.
Speaker 3: You think you can boss me around?
Speaker 1: Every war with France was waged on similar pretenses. Yeah, but people are calling on Biden to do the right thing, so we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, then then we can just look at what the you know, what the lobbying efforts of the pills manufacturer Perigo are, and I'm sure we'll get an idea of what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're the ones that are going to set the price.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool, it's weird that it's made by the same people who make shredded parmesan cheese. Perigo. Doesn't that sound like a word that should be on a parmesan cheese? Then I guess, Hey, don't don't worry about me. My brain is half just trying to come up with two thous half my brain is devoted to a broken hizam app inside my brain trying trying to pull this.
Speaker 3: Ship has a database of one song and it's not that song.
Speaker 1: It's not that one. Is it this one by Billy Joel? Because I heard a lot of Billy Joel going There is a Billy Joel song that was one of the first when I googled two thousand song lyric.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the hardest fucking thing to search.
Speaker 1: If this ends up being a Billy Joel song, I think I have to quit the podcast. But I'm like, yeah, I think it's like a hip hop party anthem from New York. Yeah, it's like understand, Yeah, if I guess what they expect from me.
Speaker 3: If Monday's episode, I go, oh, I'm sorry Jack didn't make it. We had to put him.
Speaker 2: He had to take him out back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he called Billy Joel hip.
Speaker 1: Hop miles a question that you and I often talk about off Mike.
Speaker 3: Wow, Victor, that's a good Okay, I'm sorry, Victor came through the chest. It sounds like a Black Eyed Peas track. Could be a Black is the way we're going very much. Yeah, you're not two thousand and late. There's that part, but that in two thousand. That ain't two thous anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, What if this is just like a thing that like I dreamed one time and it's been in my head for the past like powerful. Yeah, my son, my son, my youngest, woke up today and started talking to me about a dream that I guess I was in with him last night and he was like furious that I didn't know what he was talking about because he thought that I would remember the dream because I was there too.
Speaker 3: Have you shown him inception, I we're about to watch it. Yeah, he's like, you were there, it was your dream.
Speaker 1: I wasn't remember talking about man.
Speaker 3: And then you did the kick and you fell backwards into the bathtub.
Speaker 1: That's right, the kick, that part where everybody's like just laid out with the needles in their arms, Like I feel like we're not far from that, Like that that's going to be the thing that everybody's The.
Speaker 3: Second I Sonception, I was ready to hop in someone else's motherfucking dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else?
Speaker 3: Like, God, when can they do this already?
Speaker 1: I think that movie is like a little underrated because it's I think.
Speaker 3: It's the you know, go off about Christopher Nolan right now.
Speaker 1: It's the highest point of the thing he does, which is like nothing about this should work but everything. But I'm like, fully, the second I start watching it, I'm just like fully bought in. I'm like this, this premise is so dumb, and yet I like fully yeah love.
Speaker 3: It and and don't never mind the plot holes. Okay, it's just it's just all that idea plot.
Speaker 1: Holes in his movies that are so big and so gaping. I think he's doing it as a flex because he's so good at movie magic. He's like, look, you didn't even notice.
Speaker 3: I just completely contradicted the whole concept of the film right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had somebody in an apes and walk through the screen.
Speaker 2: You didn't even notice it so focused on the fucking kick.
Speaker 1: All right? How often should you poop? Miles's the question that.
Speaker 3: Jack we said, you weren't going to talk about this.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, are we still on the show?
Speaker 2: Where am I two thousand?
Speaker 1: It's like, I've never thought there was one answer to this.
Speaker 3: I do know.
Speaker 1: I did have somebody I knew when I was younger who famously took pride in the fact that he only pooped once a week and needed an extra strength toilet because of wait, what the work that he would put down into into those pipes when he did poop, Which is the thing. It was like one of the like that someone told me about this person, So this is how old were you? This is like college?
Speaker 2: I thought this is a reader. Sh So this person was like yeah, wait, And it wasn't that you heard it directly from this source.
Speaker 3: Someone's referring like, you know, they take one shit a week and they need an extra strength toilet. Yeah, what does that mean? Because the ships were so dense.
Speaker 1: Like this for the second dents that like it was just too much.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well, when I told you I actually have five times a day, you said, I don't know if that's normal, and then I got offended. But it turns out you don't have to ship five times a day to be quote unquote healthy. This I don't know why this, like CNN article is like asking some gastro entronologists, uh, being like yeah, most people have anywhere between a bowet movement up to three times a day or three times a week, so anywhere in that range we consider normal. And apparently the idea that pooping once a day equals health came from the Victorian era of course, yes, when the when the beer literally flowed like water because it was too dirty to drink that Even kids and pregnant ladies are like yo, past that mile beer real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one the one to day is like the thing. I mean, this is all old people talk about like they they're they're comes a point when you get old enough and everyone's just like, or you're regular? How regular are you? How's it regular?
Speaker 3: Three times a day to three times a week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you ever?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm still thinking about this person. Who How does someone in college do this like self mythologizing about their shitting and people are like, oh yeah, yeah, damn yeah, I don't know because it's like right around nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, things were, things were sucked up when.
Speaker 3: You were in college. I'm like, yeah, that we were in a different place than we were, taking that guy ships and breaks toilets. You're like, okay, cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 1: My friend was wearing his full length uh track suit below tracksuits with no shirt under? Right, it was it was the time. All right, Well, I think we can leave it there. Let the people know where where our values lead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say again that article said, it's it's more about like how hard it is for you to push it out? You know what I mean? Right? They say the best kind looks like sausages with cracks in it. Okay, that's actually the description here.
Speaker 2: Because I was going on, like, what is this article really about?
Speaker 3: Then? If if the whole thing isn't like yeah, man, you can fucking shit it however much or little as you want. But then they're like, but it's about the form and the consistency that you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to look you want regular ice cream.
Speaker 2: But then even then people are like, you know, if I have a friend who takes little.
Speaker 3: Rabbit poops all the time. Yeah, Like my one of my best friends, my homegirl, she takes little rabbit pellet ships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, I've held that up and yeah, it's very strange.
Speaker 3: And she went to the doctor because I made fun of her high school, and I mean not I made fun of her. I was like, are you that doesn't seem normal? And then the doctor's like, now you're good. Like they do a bunch of tests, like yeah, you just kind of choose your car rabbit. Yeah, just just nugging it out, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode up the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, ye, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye.