Speaker 1: Hanging with the Fast.
Speaker 2: Betting on a game.
Speaker 3: No woman's gonna tell us not be We're here just drinking beer. Make a nano baby, I'm hanging with the Fellers, Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 5: Good deal, Mitch. You want to kick it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to episode fifty two, two fifty three. Because it says up here Jack two fifty two, episode two fifty three of Busting with the Boys. We're so glad to have you on Taylor Law. And this is Will Compton Today's show. We're getting into the good, the bad, the we're doing Twisted question obviously presented by Twisted Tea talk about the poopy that'll be in the Ryan Blaney podcast. Will, We'll have an overly direct tape for us, and then more Barstool Survivor and all the stuff you want on there, big.
Speaker 1: Weekend college football playoffs, whole thing, and not wait to dive into that NFL weekend.
Speaker 5: Couple surprises in there.
Speaker 2: Couple surprises, but one thing that's never surprised is the Chevy Silverado, the presenting sponsor of this show. There's a new family with unstoppable grit and determination and they are the official partners of Busting with the Boys family, and that is the Chevy Silverado ZR two family. The first ever Silverado Heavy Duty ZR two joins the franchise to make the ZR two the only truck brand with a full line of trucks ready forever your off road adventure takes you with the exclusive multi mag DSSV dampers, rugged Monitarian truck tires, and up to fourteen available camera angles. Chevy Sivado ZR two Silverado HDZR two a family of commanding and unstoppable grit. Head over to Chevy dot com and check over Chevy Silverado and the Family of Chevy ZR two is the official truck a Busting with the Boys. You ever get sick of it of.
Speaker 1: The ZR two? Yeah, No, I was, Actually I was since I was on the hunting trip. In texts over the weekend, all the boys were asking me about the ZR two. Were they really because they were like, hey, will do you still have that? Not going to say the truck that I used to have, They will you still have that truck? I was like no, I was like ever since the boys got in with Chevy, I was like, I came out, I came out of park and got that ZR two and they met a pocket. But they were asking about the ZR two. They're like, is it coming to the Z seventy one. I guess the Chevy trucks used to be like Z seventy one. That package kind of like that sporty off road package. But I was giving him some game.
Speaker 2: Hey, you put them on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put them on game.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's what's my boy Trent up to? Dude, just being a man of the world, of the country. Yeah, you ask him where you're a patriot? Yeah, you ask him where he's from, And honestly, he could legitimately just say America because he's he travels essentially all year round, just all over the country to go hunting.
Speaker 2: With just his dog.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, two dogs.
Speaker 1: What's the one dog that we were talking about, the breed that's like the most They listened the most.
Speaker 2: They oh, Malamo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he has one of.
Speaker 1: One of them and he I mean it's a stud, but yeah, that does like everything he wants to do, climbs of houses, jumps on cars, jumps up in his arms, right loving, But he's got a little like trailer bed that he'll just drive around with the boys.
Speaker 2: Trent and high school.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I never expected. I didn't know Trent very well, but you knew of Trent obviously, and uh, he's doing what I feel like every man growing up wants to do at some point. And they're like, no, he is. There's a point where you're like, man, what if I just get a truck and a couple of dogs and just live on the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that does he own a home? Yeah, he owns a home there. It's out in Michigan. But yeah, he's he's all over the place. He's legitimately. He was talking about this hunting trip they did with his brother or where they're just out in Utah and they're just camping, they're making their own fires, they're figuring out their own food, like doing all the stuff that men.
Speaker 2: You know, think about this, I'm not actually hard enough to do right. Right. It's one of those thoughts when you're watching it on a Discovery or something like that and you're like, I'm gonna do that, and then you wake up the next day you like, it's a little cold.
Speaker 5: I think you just yeah, you think in your mind, like when it's going on.
Speaker 1: There's this part of you that's like, I kind of wish my bag was up like that, Like I know I'd be able to do nobody else would.
Speaker 2: And you're kind of yeah, oh yeah, dude, that it feels kind of nice. No one's taking me down.
Speaker 5: We uh, did you say before the Chevy had the Ryan Blaney?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had Ryan Blaney on.
Speaker 1: If you're here for Ryan Blaney, this is the best thing to do because Mitch does a great job putting together the YouTube, the chapters and everything like that.
Speaker 5: Or if you're on audio, you're on video. If you're on YouTube, number one, subscribe to the Boys.
Speaker 1: If you're new here and you haven't subscribed, considered subscribing to the boys helping us out. But if you're here for Ryan Blaney and NASCAR talk and all that and all that cool stuff, figure out in the description where the time at Stamp is at and you can just fast forward there. I know everybody goes through a phase of man, how long are the intro is going to be? This is how a Bust with the Boys does the introes. We talk a lot about whatever. Basically, it's not really an intro, it's just a full episode and then the interviews at the back right. But just searching the description, find a timestamp, click on it, that's where that interview will be. Or if you're listening to audio, looking the description as well, it'll kind of tell you and you can fast forward in case you don't want to.
Speaker 5: But we talk, I mean, this is this is it.
Speaker 2: You're you're hearing it right now. And let me just tell you too. You can do what Will just said, jump forward. But we have a lot of fun on this bus. And if you are joining for the first time, there's a lot of banter, a lot of good times. If you're missing your boys from back home, maybe you're traveling, you want a little piece of that. That's what right here for. And I don't know if you guys heard the news We're tucked in podcast on Spotify, that's right? Was that not surprising?
Speaker 7: Sports podcast?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Hold on to America Sports.
Speaker 1: Well he's just saying if it's a football like, we're talking all sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're sports, baby, we do it all. Ryan Blaney is a perfect example, dude, NASCAR Cup Series champion had him on there. How much do you know about NASCAR? Will, I don't know a whole lot, but I learned a lot. And we've seen Talladega Nights multiple times, so you can tell that was a hard hitting interview.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I asked alread hitting questions. Is shaking bake real?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a little uh, a little spoiler. Will asks if the shaking bake is a real thing. Handshake, if he's got handshakes with NASCAR drivers. That's part of the big.
Speaker 1: I meant when I asked the shake and big, it was more of the sling shot. I yeah, it was more of like the operation within shaking big, not just a handshake.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We developed into that, but it started with Yeah.
Speaker 1: Once somebody said sling shot, I was like, oh, yeah, that's what I That's what I meant by the shaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah somebody the other person on the podcast me, yeah, yeah, how was But you were top ten sports podcast? Yes, and that's big. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean thanks to you guys, everybody listening, especially on you know, Spotify, everybody who was doing Spotify around you.
Speaker 2: Trying to get love.
Speaker 1: Thanks to all the boys in the back. Man, you guys are the best.
Speaker 2: Just pulling up on multiple computers, our show running through all the time. No, but you guys listening all day every day. It's awesome. It's crazy that people was surprised. Blows me away.
Speaker 1: It's like an expectation you always want to have, like being a top ten, but actually seeing all year long we're a top ten sports podcast because sometimes I check, like you know, I'll check like a couple of times during the month, just like where an episode might have landed, just to see if I can get a beat on how the rankings kind of work in Spotify. I know we're always top fifty on both Apple and Spotify.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we've been fortunate enough to.
Speaker 1: Be like top five, top ten, but I never know how like the algorithm works. So when we saw the twenty twenty three top ten sports podcasts in the US on Spotify and we're sitting there at ten, no, I mean I was fired up.
Speaker 2: It fires you up because you just know ten is the best place for us to be, right Like if we're one, always.
Speaker 1: Snuck in there. Yeah, if you're at one, they're all coming for you new heights. Like you have the asterisks of Taylor Swift. They are either way, they're always the top. They are top. They are top podcasts at all times, even pre Taylor Swift. They were massively up there murdering it. But now now it's like the asterisk is it's not even close. Top number one podcast. Part of my take, they've been number they've been top two, shuffling around from one to two, like for years. Bill Simmons has always been up there. I'm not really familiar with the Fantasy Footballer's no disrespect to the Boys, Pat McFee Show, JJ Reddick, Ryan Russillo, Paul George the Ringer. I mean, that's that's insane company to be in. Yeah, that's just that's just cool. Yeah, got everybody for listening. Man, all the Spotify rap by and by the way, why I know we're gonna get into the good, bad and ugly.
Speaker 5: The good is the way Spotify.
Speaker 1: Every year they just seem to get better at the Spotify raps and everyone gets excited about going through their Spotify rap. I know, last week in the shop, we're all going around with our Spotify raft. You we're getting the old man over here is getting made fun of by whatever my character was at the end of Spotify rap character syclops or something like basically.
Speaker 2: I wear whatever I'm listening to.
Speaker 1: I wear it out music wise, Yeah, I'm pretty much so a one stop like if I hit the like like when Mitch went off in the brask with the uh is the Cyclops Oh Okay by Gunna and I was like, Okay, this is a nice little jam right here. I probably listen to that jam for like one hundred times in the next few days. So I'm like one of those guys. I wear it out until I just absolutely hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is I think that's the only way to list and the music. Once you find a song you like it, just listen to it until you can't stand the thought of hearing it again. Yeah. Yeah, that's that's the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Rue's music made it in there Odesza a higher Ground. We went to Bonner last year's shout out the Boys, Shack and Garrett uh for putting me on Odeza. I said that right, yeah, yeah, okay, nice Uh. Rue absolutely loves that song. But that was kind of the number one. But shout out Spotify for their the whole rap thing. I feel like it gets better every year and everybody anticipates it. So maybe that's kicked off the good, bad, the ugly. Maybe it has do you want to rattle off your list, Yeah, I'll do my do we want to say our list? And then kind of like the ones that we were both on. Then we talked more about those, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can go out, you and go first?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: On the good that I have rou watching her first Christmas movie, it was a shout out if we had shoutouts on here, like that's my shout out. It was Mickey Safe's Christmas. Nice little twenty twenty minute piece. So it's a show, Yeah, well it's it's apparently. I think it's a movie, a short movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it have a beginning to end? Yeah, that's a show? Brother, beginning to end? Is a move? What are we beginning to end? Twenty minutes long? That's a show? A show?
Speaker 5: Is they leave you a cliffhanger on the end?
Speaker 2: Not on kids shows? Is it? Is it a movie? Make you saves Christmas movie? Okay? In your show description was yeah, I got it jumped around a little bit in my head. An you guys heard not the good stuff.
Speaker 5: Packers.
Speaker 1: I think packers are on a little run. I got a little something later on about the packers. The playoff committee. I thought the playoff committee got it right. Contrary to everybody being very upset about Florida State, I think that Florida State fans and everybody has a we can get into that because I'm sure that'll be a big topic of conversation. Forty nine ers just taking the Eagles out to the woodshed and beating their ass. H Dallas Cowboys. I thought that they had a great win against Seattle. They're always used to be in the front runners, not being used to get hitting the mouth.
Speaker 5: They got hit in the mouth of the Seahawks. They won a close game.
Speaker 1: Finally, Mike Evans ten executive one thousand yard seasons. So I feel like that that's like a knock on wood. It's like a knock on wood if you're with us type thing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was my good list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked. I liked all those my good The gunner number four for Iowa. Yeah, did you see that return? Him hawking him down, slides and then runs back, pushes one of his players out the way I was going to slow to stop a touchdown. I thought that was that was cool.
Speaker 1: That's textbook textbooks, special teams coordinators, and there's not only their clips to show all the new rookies who come in. But it is also, as I tweeted, in their spank bank, like that is yeah, football porn for a special.
Speaker 2: Team that'll be that'll be shown by not only the Iowa Hawkeyes for generations, but it'll be shown in a special teams meeting probably with every Power five team from here on out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and their wives, Like you're gonna go hold check this out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to come play at this school? We won't play in South Carolina. This is what we need to see out of you. Yeah, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 8: Will it also be shown on What Not to Do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: See it over ran the guy that was kind of his fault for the beginning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mitch, can you bring it? Can you bring it up?
Speaker 5: Jack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you have a point there. But if you mess up on to finish a play.
Speaker 2: They finish my good and then we'll get it. We'll get into you keep off Michigan being three times Big ten champs, that's just the standard. Now. Titans losing in overtime, that's that's the that's a win win for the Titans. You show that you can put points on the board and you lose, helping your draft stock. That's a win win forty nine ers are the king of the NFL. Dolphins. I think they're legit. I know they haven't really played, they don't play anybody till Christmas, but I think they're legit.
Speaker 5: I like Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the Dolphins. And then it was just cool to see Joe Flacco and in a Browns jersey. That was just cool to me. I love that. Let's see this thing? What is this? It woind be a highlight IOWA game without.
Speaker 5: A Okay, now go back? Yeah, what are you?
Speaker 2: How you coaching that up?
Speaker 1: So it seems like the way that their gunners operate, Yeah, that's tough return. It did a great job kind of setting up that outside and getting vertical. But it's like that drill you work on where you're you're you know, you're using your you're using your mate. If you want to miss a tackle in number four situation, you want to miss it on your left shoulder. There are special teams of coordinators. The way they game plan is shoot across the bow. So four would be going across the bow and if you missed, you're making him hesitate and step back because I mean going full board down on a returner and you feel like you're one on one.
Speaker 5: Is that is like, that's just the hardest tackle.
Speaker 1: The expectation is obviously make the tackle and get him on the ground, but you try to equip and give the tools that hey if you don't, like, don't think your job's gone if you miss the tackle. So it seems like they're trying to keep the cups, So keep your leverage. If you miss, you want to miss on the left shoulder. That returner did an incredible job of fucking putting both those guys in there, just getting.
Speaker 2: Verticals, slipping number four and then jump cutting out of the way and getting loose kids a freshman kids, a freshman, a lot of opportunity there in the future for him, that young stallion. So yeah, that was my good man. I felt what a slow way of winning the Big Ten Championship.
Speaker 1: I know, and that's kind of word is that is the good I kind of just lost sight that you guys did go through back to back to back like that is that's a that's a big Yeah, that's a big feat.
Speaker 5: But as far as the big.
Speaker 2: Thing coach to ever do that since the Big Ten Championship.
Speaker 1: So John Harball throw them the good Jim, but yeah, Jim, Jim harm Yeah, sorry Jim.
Speaker 2: I think John's a great coach too, though. Yeah, they're doing some really good things out there. No one's got better than both of them. Yeah, I'll say that. No, Yeah, I think that was cool. I was sick, dude, I gotta stop betting on teams that I like, I really got to stop doing it. And it's like a conclusion. I'm going to bet on Michigan again when they play Alabama, but like, at this moment, literally we're winning ten zero and I'm thinking all I can think about is my bet and how I have Michigan minus twenty one and a half and the over which is thirty five. And I thought, you know, you look at the records, the way they lost a they beat Penn State or Iowa lost to Penn State, and the way Iowa lost him in a in the way Michigan played penns State in Minnesota, It's like, oh, this is an easy dub when it was technically an easy dub, but it didn't cover the total points which I expected Michigan to do. Telling you I was sick, I was, I was really you guys saw how much I bet on that game, just so emotional, so emotional, and I'm I'm not gonna do it again, but I'm definitely gonna do it again, like I know, I'm as soon as we get to the college football Playoff, I'm gonna tell myself all the things I need to tell myself to make sure that and I'm gonna put in a crazy parlay that's only pro Michigan like I did when we were when we were going to Louisiana. Yeah, and it's not gonna hit. It's not gonna hit. But three time Big Ten champions. Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you confident now here? Here's the question to set all this up because it could be a conversation there.
Speaker 2: But we want I know this conversation is coming. Do we want to finish bad and ugly? Because this is gonna be a long winded conversation.
Speaker 5: Hang on.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna ask is, so I have the good Playoff Committee?
Speaker 5: Did you have them in there in bad or ugly?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, I thought I didn't put them in there. I thought they did a really good job.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: I think they the four best teams besides Georgia not being in it. I think Georgia should have probably been in it. But where do you put them in because Michigan obviously needs to Why how did you.
Speaker 5: Think Georgia should have been in?
Speaker 2: Like what was your four you're gonna if you're gonna keep a team out, you keep Alabama out going from eight to four, jumping four spots and then moving the number one seed back four spots.
Speaker 1: But how are you not going to put if Bama just bets in the country, that's why we need to the neutral site. Yeah, twelfteen one would have been a lot of it. It had been perfect. But how like to you, how are you going to are you just saying based on where they're ranked, you don't put them in there, because it's like Bama's literally showing that they're better and beat the number one team in the country. So if you would you have Georgia in the one that can go get it all and not Alabama.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree that Alabama should be in this playoff. I just it's hard for me to not have Georgia in it because if we let's say this game, let's say it was September, just like Alabama losing uh to Texas. Yeah, if Alabama beat Georgia in September and Georgia goes and wins the SEC, george is in it, right because they've the avenger loss, right they have, they avenged their loss. But I'm saying that to me, it's like, you can't put Alabama in without putting Texas in, and Washington has to be in, and Michigan has to be in. So I agree with the four spots. But from a Georgia's perspective, you win two national championships in a row and you lose one game one at You're twenty nine to one in the last three years.
Speaker 5: So what would your four would have been? Georgia. I know, I'm Emma.
Speaker 2: I think the committee got it right. I have It's hard. If I was gonna like argue something, it's going to be Georgia because I think they're one of the four best teams.
Speaker 1: So anybody else feel like the committee didn't get it right? I garay, we like your year in. So yeah, I know you're excited. Jack Mitch JP, you.
Speaker 9: Just kind of have to feel bad for Florida State. I agree with them not being in it. Like if Jordan Travis was playing, obviously they would they would be in there. JP brought up a good point this morning, like you almost wish Jordan got hurt in the championship game and they still won, because then it would have like a a better reasoning for them to get in.
Speaker 2: But you just kind of have yeah, like yeah, hurt. Street had a good comment about it, like if J. J. McCarthy gets hurt in the way that Florida State got hurt, they wouldn't be in it. If Alabama's quarterback got hurt. If you know, if any of these teams quarterbacks got hurt, If Penis got hurt from Washington, the same situation would probably happen to that team.
Speaker 10: I think late in the year, say, if Penis gets hurt in the conference championship, then it kind of hurts college football because you could miss out on an opportunity, like when Tua comes in for Jalen Hurts and it's like this magical Oh my gosh, who's this backup?
Speaker 8: He's elite. I'm glad it didn't play out that way.
Speaker 2: But when I was after the Michigan game and I was trying to figure out my head, who's gonna go where, like trying to play that game in my head. I looked up third string quarterbacks that won the National Championship and was at Cardell jone from Ohio State third string played three games and won the National Championship, and Ohio State w you know, obviously was allowed at it and all that. So I really thought, I really thought Florida State was going to be in it. I really did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tough It's tough too, like you go and defeed at thirteen to zero and you have a team that is embracing the next man up mentality like the Cordell Jones of the world too is Yeah again, frustration is definitely like justified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the head coaches statement he put out. Disgusted was in the first three words, because I mean, if you're Florid State, if you're Tallahassee, you got to be sick right now. Yeah, they are because you had a good ball club. You had a good team. You guys played good teams and you beat good teams.
Speaker 1: The good thing is they're getting to play in the Orange Bowl against Georgia, which I think that's a great that's a fucking.
Speaker 2: Georgia's mop the floor of them, though, because if they would have left proves that it was the right decision to keep them out of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think that they have a more like, you know, they're going to do the thing to where say they beat Georgia, were national champions, they make the rings were national champions. As we went on, liked, yeah, they should do that.
Speaker 2: They should absolutely do that. We're gonna say ge.
Speaker 11: Georgia is opened against uh, Florida State is a fourteen point favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's tough. Yeah, yeah, and it might go up.
Speaker 1: What we've seen teams as high as nine and a half point favorites lose. Oregon, Washington, Washington, Washington, Big. Washington showed up big.
Speaker 2: I thought they're gonna run away with it in the second half. I thought they were because it was they were what over ten points up right right? I know it was a good It was a good weekend of college football for sure, aside from Michigan Iowa. So how do you feel.
Speaker 1: About Michigan getting pulling Alabama as their first game, because obviously you see the you see so starting off my bad is Michigan's reaction to Alabama getting pooled.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that reaction either, but you know, people want to just like say, like, oh, it was because they felt bad for Florida State. They just I thought they were gonna play Florida State. I did too, So my first react, that's what you wanted, right, yeah, because here's your team. This is the most logical thought process is if you want to have success, you got to go through hard times. But you want the path of least resistance. Everybody does everything we want to accomplish. We all want to do it, but we want the path of least resistance. That path is obviously Florida State. And they're undefeated, and so you're like, yo, come on, Florida State, get in this thing. And then when they see it, they're like fuck. And for me, the last time Michigan played Alabama was twenty twelve in the Cowboy Classic.
Speaker 1: I think it all again in twenty nineteen. Did they play them again something like that they beat They gotta be pretty good too.
Speaker 2: I don't know that though, So the last time, so my taste in my mouth is like, God, damn the SEC the Alabama. I'm thinking we'll get them. We'll get them at the end of National Championship and we I've said this to you guys this morning, like we knew. We all knew here that Michigan was going to win the Bagden Championship. Whether we liked it or not, we all had it. We're like Michigan's probably we all knew that Michigan was gonna win the Big Than Championship. This is the next step we gotta take. This is the best team Michigans had in forever. And so yeah, sec big bad Wolf Alabama the big bad Wolf for the longest time in the last twenty years. This is the underdogs. We're the underdogs, dude, we are the underdogs of college football. No, go ahead, what what was it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's it doesn't it doesn't pertain to this. It does not pertain to this.
Speaker 10: Well, it's the quote for them that I always say, one often meets his destiny on the path he takes to avoid it. They wanted Florida State, they got Alabama.
Speaker 1: They always just.
Speaker 2: Dropped the gym. The fourth time I've heard it this morning. That's all right.
Speaker 1: Now we're you know, now everybody gets to hear it. Everybody gets to hear hey, like we were trying to get We're trying to get you on the lack of Hey, you gotta be the big bad To me, it's like you're the team that wants to be the bad boy of college football, right, Like the whole NCAA has been against them.
Speaker 5: So it's like embracing that.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're the bad boys, We're number one, Like whoever fucking wants it, You're it's you against that, it's Michigan versus everybody.
Speaker 5: Then when they pull and it's like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: Damn, yeah, I did not like that tough start. I texted some boys. I was say, I'm gonna need an explanation on that reaction.
Speaker 1: And then you're trying to You're you're you're navigating it as you should. You're trying to take a moment. Hey, you know, fear can be an option, I guess because now you want them to be an underdog story.
Speaker 2: But this is say about fear. Fear's like fire, all right, If you use it properly, it can feed you, it can keep you warm in the winter. It can if you can support your lifestyle. But if you let it get out of hand, it can cause fires. It can cause damage, you can ruin your entire life. Fear is a healthy thing to have, and.
Speaker 1: If Michigan is having that conversation right now, that is a we got to have this hot conversation because here's the energy in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I, like I said earlier, I didn't like Dave's approach to it, like the big bad wolf, like, hey, who I get it, I get it, And then it is it is inevitably going to be whoever wants it. But when you're behind closed door, as they should have been in that moment and you go, oh, fuh, yeah we got Alabama, we got we got what we wanted. Essentially, is like we want the SEC. We're gonna get them. You got to take that moment and be like, no, I mean you got what you want to Eventually you're gonna have to play the SEC. Anyay, if you won the NST Championship, if you.
Speaker 1: Want to win the ball, Yeah, but that was the game, like this could have been the first time or SEC is lessa out left out of the college football Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess if you know, there's a reason that's a put Georgia, But who do you put in? Not put Alabama in? But who do you put in? If you don't put Alabama, it.
Speaker 1: Would have been Florida State. It would have been Florida State. It been Michiganian Washington, Texas and Florida State. Out of the easiest way to go, boys being the easiest way to go. I'm listen, there are nerves to this game. To me, it's like I've been confident in every single game Michigan's played, But what have we seen in the college playoff? This is where I sit with you guys and us are sitting me all year. Yeah, but they get dumby thee. Now we're here and this is our opportunity to take the next step. We beat Alabama. We're winning the national championship. Playing and simple. That is going to happen. We are going to beat Alabama. We are Hey, have you guys?
Speaker 7: You know what do you mean?
Speaker 2: You don't believe that right now? That's the issue with y'all. I can't talk. I can't talk my way through these emotions. Yeah, you're five and seven, you were five and seven?
Speaker 7: Hey, have you heard what?
Speaker 2: Y'all don't even know?
Speaker 12: Have you heard what Mohammed Salam says those who live in illusions die in reality?
Speaker 1: Here that will what what illusion?
Speaker 2: Am I living in?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Nebraska?
Speaker 1: Every year, this year, this dude, you are what happens? I die in reality? So what Tinto's down. I'm confident in whatever game we would play.
Speaker 2: Monday after they lost to Iowa, he goes, you can't tell me they're not going to go six and oh.
Speaker 1: Based on the trajectory of the year and what we have in house that we can bring in. Hey, we just landed a four star offensive lineman. We were landing cats, Like.
Speaker 2: Would you would you say a week ago it doesn't matter until signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's he's committed. That's true. That's that's true. But even a part of this conversation, we're out of it. It's over, it's over.
Speaker 2: It's right. He's just saying, you're.
Speaker 1: Talking through a lot of illusions right here, and you're about to die here.
Speaker 2: I understand. Listen, Anderston, the war I deal with when it comes to college football on this bus, I get it. And I what I'd be saying, I wasn't nervous about Alabama? Would I be lying, Yes, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous for Alabama. However, in a month less than a month's time, Michigan is going to defeat Alabama and shock the entire world because everybody who people put bets in for Alabama win the national championship this past weekend, you put up a can you put on too? When he was in Texas? Can you put up the overly direct take he did in August? What was the odds in August?
Speaker 5: So seven hundred.
Speaker 1: This overly direct take is brought to you by direct TV. Direct TV's the ultimate desolate destination for pro football where fans can get their football fix this season, where watching the games live on TV or streaming DirecTV as you covered, and you can get DirecTV without satellite again. You can stream. Stop compromising, start watching football. Called one eight hundred direct TV for more information. My overly direct take is Alabama wins the national title. And it sucked that I couldn't put one thousand dollars on them when they're plus four eighty when the college ball playoff wasn't determined, But I still got them locked in at plus two hundred.
Speaker 5: Great, that's my overlead direct team.
Speaker 2: My direct take mission was the next championship. I'll be betting that today better right now, right.
Speaker 5: Now, do the same amount you did for I don't have.
Speaker 11: That much on my account, what do we think about the Texas Washington matchup?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, JP brought up a good stat earlier that they played last year in the in the bowl game.
Speaker 5: Which bowl game was it?
Speaker 1: Ala Mobole and there was only a one score game Alamobile, but it was only a one score game. Like I think Washington was one of those teams too that was kind of getting left out of the conversation for a lot of the college fotball playoff because they were nine and a half point underdogs against Oregon, which was wild, but Oregon was on a tear going into that game, so everyone figured and assumed that that Oregon would win that game. But Washington, man like, they showed up and taking care of business. Pennix is awesome, But I do think a lot of people doubt Washington. They're not even talking about them to win the national title, even though they have went undefeated thirteen to zero and arguably the third, second third best conference in the country. So I do think Washington has a great shot. I'm just I'm fired up for Texas because they won. They won a statement game against not like a statement game, but a statement win as far as how badly they beat Oklahoma State because I do feel like if it would have been close, based on their close games with Iowa State with TCU, then it was kind of like, I mean, yeah, Texas beat Alabama, but also the resume on the back ALFs are not like this again, this big bad wolf that's gonna go into the college football Playoff.
Speaker 11: Their last two games they scre or I guess they scored forty nine this past weekend, but their last two games they scored fifty points.
Speaker 2: So they each statements yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, because Quinn was hurt as well, everybody's like Quinn, yours is hurt. He's gonna come back, and he did bounce back in a big way. And I do think Texas has an unbelievable opportunity to beat Washington, who's undefeated, which is you know, we're in the Coastwall Playoff now like it's this is the best four teams. But also they go in, you know, if it's Michigan, whether it's a revenge game, which i'd like to see against Alabama, I think the stakes would be so high, the hype train, the content, the trailers would be so high. Oh yeah for Texas Alabama rematch.
Speaker 11: The amount of times you'll see that game played over and over and over again for that week.
Speaker 1: And what's awesome too, is there's representation in four out of the five Power five conferences. Again, it sucks at Florida State's not in it, but you get the best from every conference that's in it. And Alabama's on a nice heater right now, a lot of excitement in Tuscaloosa. I'm just glad the committee did the right thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just uh, it was so hard.
Speaker 11: I feel like this is the first time they've actually said, Okay, this is the four best, not the four deserving.
Speaker 1: Right, which a lot of people are excited about. I'm happy about, But then there's a lot of people who's really pissed off that, hey, does the regular season not matter, which is justified. It just it sucks.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: It's like who would win if it goes back to Staban last year, Like, if you put him in, who'd be favored you in Vegas? Favor If you have Alabama and Florida State favored right now in a game, who's gonna be favored And it's gonna be Alabama by probably double digits. So if George's got him by fourteen. Yeah, George's got him by fourteen. Alabama's gonna it would be by double digits. So for that, it's like those reasons is why Alabama is in. And it's the best four teams versus you know, the deserving, most deserving teams.
Speaker 5: I'm fired up.
Speaker 2: That's been placed.
Speaker 5: You got it? What you put in?
Speaker 2: Fifteen hundred?
Speaker 5: Uh, what's what are the odds?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's like forty two hundred thirty Wes, you're in it. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: What are you all right?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 8: What was that?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 2: Just you in general, brou You.
Speaker 1: Get a little laugh at the end, like which where we understand is a joke. But it doesn't feel like there's no, no no.
Speaker 2: I'm a trusting world. Everything's fair, everything's good right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I've been public about it. I do want you guys to go down.
Speaker 2: You've been public about it.
Speaker 1: Like when Alabama got drawn, I was like, oh yeah, nowhere to go, now, nowhere to go?
Speaker 2: Because I was like, man, I hope this time.
Speaker 1: Wait dude, when we win, oh my god, from Florida State. When Florida State was like when they're up for it, I was like man, we can't have them. Like, guys, this is all hands on deck, Like you need Michigan to go through a uh, you need them to fully earn this national title.
Speaker 2: DA Alabama, you beat Alabama. Then you play Texas, you beat Texas. Then there's no argument. There's no again, Washington. If Michigan wins this, there's nothing else for you guys to say there's no asterisk on anything. The astrosk will be there, but very much will be I also have an overly direct take, and it's that Garrett is a worse winning fan than I am.
Speaker 13: How So, how so to go along with Taylor's direct take, the ugly that I had in my ugly list was Garrett thinking he knew what losing really was.
Speaker 11: Can I explain a little bit, Yeah, you can explain. You can explain like I told JP this morning because he said he was gonna bring it up after reading it in your response, I was like, seeing it how it came off. But I think I left the most important word out as the kid was like, Mom, I'm not used to losing, and so in my head, I'm like, this kid's gonna have a tough tough life.
Speaker 2: But I can see how.
Speaker 11: It was taken from you, but then you know how to stand on business regardless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your business, like you know that was you know, that was a ratio that you can't come back from.
Speaker 2: You see my other tweet. You see my other tweet. What you want probably ratio, probably.
Speaker 1: Bully, the ratio you can't come back over. Will's approaching four hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 2: Well as so many people that so vote for you.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying, So, what you're saying is when you're like, so, here's what the tweet was for Garrett, and go follow the boy.
Speaker 5: Garrett underscore, Garrett Hargas.
Speaker 4: Appreciate right, Yeah, appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So for three years just overheard it.
Speaker 5: Georgia students say, I'm not used to losing.
Speaker 1: Kid has no idea what real life is like to wish all the boys pretty much responded. JP's like, hey, well come to South Carolina, Tennessee being down.
Speaker 12: Those were of all time from JP saying you have no idea?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so.
Speaker 1: Like you have and then uh, and so I responded, this tweet is like a rich kid not getting the new iPhone and you're saying from your stands, you're just saying it as the dialogue between him and his mom. You weren't saying it as an Alabama fan hearing a Georgia fan thinking this guy has no idea, what real no hold on.
Speaker 11: Afterwards, I'm like, oh my god, that sounds so tim Air.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to this ratio real quick, because you did get fifty eight likes and you only got one hundred and four. Will.
Speaker 5: It's a ratio, but you.
Speaker 1: Have literally one hundred, two hundred times more followers than him, and then you screenshot it and then put it out for the world to see, to get it to a bigger audience, and then that's whet of the damage.
Speaker 2: You didn't even tag flowers on the grate. They didn't even tag me. Well, Will screenshot it that day, tweeted me before we get off, before we became with the show. I went on my I on Twitter and I saw Will screenshoting Dave and I his conversation and doesn't tag me or day. I'm just like, this is Dave.
Speaker 1: Doesn't allow tags, so I didn't want to tag one, not the other type thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, was just sub tweeting.
Speaker 1: And then when I said random fan, I didn't want to tip off that I know who the fan was.
Speaker 5: They had to figured it out themselves.
Speaker 2: Man, dude, if only your school was as good at football as you were at Twitter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'd be undefeated.
Speaker 2: You guys would be at least making a bowl game. Man, fun times. You want to talk about sport Clips, Yeah, let's talk about sport calls.
Speaker 1: Your hair may grow fast, but after going to sport Clips haircuts, you'll wish it grew even faster.
Speaker 2: That's because sport Cliffs.
Speaker 1: Has the best seats in hair and that may or may not be because they happen to be right in front of TVs playing sports all day every day. Boys, that's right, they play sports in front of you while you're getting your haircut. We know that watching sports while getting a haircut sure beats watching your reflection of getting a haircut, which is why sport Clips every Day is clippers and curve balls, high tops and hell Mary's and even waves and wickets.
Speaker 5: If you're into that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: At sport Clips, you can check in with the pros and men's hair and totally check out with pure uninterrupted relaxation and football. So yeah, come watch an endless stream of sports on TV while getting an awesome haircut sport clips.
Speaker 5: It is a game changer.
Speaker 2: Nice, do you want to do our bad now? Since we've got the only other bad that I have?
Speaker 1: Outside of what I said Michigan's reaction, Yeah was YouTube verus Surviving Barstool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that was. I thought that was It is in the ugly and ship to.
Speaker 2: Get you beat, right, But I'll just go through my bad real quick ahead, all right, Chargers win versus the Patriots that think it's just the Patriots are so dead and the Charges win by six boys. That's crazy Michigan's offense versus Iowa Chiefs losing the Packers. People saying mom in a conversation as opposed to my mom. I don't like that. So it's a pet peeve. Yeah, it would be considered a pet peeve of mine. But I'll give you an example. I was in the shop today and somebody didn't drive their new car in and he and that person said, mom had to go to the airport. And I was thinking, that's not our mom, it's your mom, So say my mom. You know what I'm saying, Like if you were saying if like, oh, my dad's coming in town, you wouldn't say to me, Dad's coming into town. It's not hard.
Speaker 7: You were breastfeeding till you're like eleven type vibes.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I was gonna ask, yeah, listen, that's a fucking wild what is that movie when they fucking curve the bullets?
Speaker 1: That's one of those shots right there.
Speaker 7: I shot at anyone in the shop.
Speaker 12: This is just people who say mom or they'll be like, yeah, mom's out.
Speaker 7: Getting dinner for me, and it's weird to me. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It sounds British to me, sounds like mom's out getting dinner. I guess the only way that place is if you're like you're at their house and you're wondering where dinner is or something. Yeah, bringing out with Gary and Gary' that was a tough example.
Speaker 11: But I see where you're going. I see where you're going, right Well. I was gonna ask if if it was a Southerner. But we know that it's not. No, no, because I hear that's done a lot. Like they'll be like, yeah, daddy or mom, Daddy's like country ass.
Speaker 9: People say it like yeah, did it bother you when Ryan was doing it during the interview.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I the reason why it did it is because, uh, when he said it, I literally thought to myself, Dale Earnhardt said the same thing. That must be a NASCAR thing, like when dad's dad's out there rising. I'm like, hey, fuck that to me, that sounded cool and in my be the difference between dad and mom too, or just how much you like the other No, because I like the other person more, the person that says mom more than Ryan. I don't even know Ryan.
Speaker 1: These guys are like a professional status, so maybe you're just like accepting it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty bad. I'm just sucking them off. Yeah. No, I just think the when you put like a southern like southern accent, blue collar type shit, when you have that vibe about you, this should just sounds cooler. Yeah, you can say things that I couldn't say with this voice. It wouldn't sound near school as I'm saying it. And then my last one was Iowa being a field field goal territory twice and getting zero points, turnovers, fourth down, that type of thing. But that's the bad.
Speaker 1: But I had ugly in there that lined up with the Ears. I think it was the Yeah, Patriots six to nothing, what a wild score against the Chargers too, And that's three consecutive games that the Patriots of Hell teams under ten points and lost. I think that staff is done. I think the staff goes, yeah.
Speaker 2: You see U pft his take doing a trade vrable for Belichick, I don't.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 2: Don't know what happens either.
Speaker 5: I think that that would be good for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I don't think it we I don't think there's upside for the Titans.
Speaker 2: There a little wi in there though, that we the Patriots the Titans. They'll saw the video of Belichick. He gets down coming out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying based on the resume of so the the gossip out there is that he would be lined up and set to go like it's going to be a breakup in the off season and him and the staff or him would go out to l a the Chargers because there's an established quarterback and that's where Belichick, you know, obviously flourishes more with not developing a quarterback, but having somebody that's already ready to roll and then fixing culture, fixing defense, and it's a great spot to go to retire, like you're you know, you're out in California, yeah, or money's not an issue for Billy bet.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gossip, that's the gossip. I think it goes to adapter that phrase.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like Bill, I don't think he's going to be in a place that's going to have the type of patients that the Patriots, where he's won six Super Bowls, is going to be able to have to allow him to implement his time, like his type of philosophies and all this stuff. It's too fast. Like I think the game's changed too much. I think the players are different. Like in the nineties, early two thousands, I feel like it was like there was an obvious coach and then player and if you can see the level of I don't know if it's respect, well, I'll use respect for lack of a better word, of players kind of being more equal to the coach now to where I don't think it'll be received as well from those younger guys coming in. So I think I think when when Bill leaves, like that's the end of Bill.
Speaker 1: So you think he'll retire, Yeah, I think I think he's out to get the winning record.
Speaker 5: Who has it? Yeah, don Schule, I.
Speaker 2: Think how many how many games is he out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he need to put in a few more seasons and and like he need to put a few seasons with a good team.
Speaker 5: I don't think you get that with the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think you get that with the Patriots. I love how the first two are gentlemen in suits and hats, and then a third photo and a hoodie with a towel wrapped around him, like a sauna hoodie or a sauna towel. Yeah, I mean I could see that for sure. I just it's not gonna be with the Patriots. And if he goes to the Chargers, like they'll win more games. Yeah, he's a better coach than Stay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then again, defense culture. I think those are the things that the Chargers are missing. Yeah. Sucks because I do feel like everybody's vibes are up when we're they're in training camp and everything else. But again, like when you're losing the way the Chargers lose, and you're you're the most, You've spent the most on defense and the pieces there, and you just can't put it together, you know, people start to figure out when you're losing, it's coaches are trying to blame players, players, trying to blame coaches. Everybody's basically trying to cover their own ass se yaya. So yeah, he would need to put in a few more seasons. Yeah, I think he'll. I mean, I just think it's in his blood to coach football. But the other bat I had was, yeah, going back to Barsiol versus YouTube. If people out there right now, who are who are into the Surviving Barstool Barstool Survivor they dropped last week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, phenomenal episode. Seven figures worth of production put into this thing, and YouTube came up late later in the week with like a warning or like an age restriction thing on the first episode, which was very suspect in Barstool's eyes, because there really wasn't a whole lot in the first one outside of Rico yelling. And then the second one they did it again, but that's where it was, like, I want to say, it was the Kirkmanihan blow up your house Jeff d Low and they like really warned about that, and then there they'd be on the verge of getting is it the third strike?
Speaker 5: A third strike on YouTube?
Speaker 1: Which the way YouTube structure and the way that they are set up is no one really knows how you gain strikes, like if it's there's no like black and white way of gaining a strike.
Speaker 5: They almost subjectively just say, hey, you got a strike.
Speaker 1: There's no way to fight back against it or throw a challenge flag or like kind of like wait till everything gets reviewed. It's you get a strike. And if there's three strikes on YouTube, your channel is gone and permanently in the goulag forever you can't get it back. So clearly, as big as Barsool is on YouTube, they had to make a decision either edit and censor it the way YouTube wants to censor, or put it behind a Barseol dot tv. They've chose to go behind a paywall with Barcel dot tv charging people nine ninety nine. There's a lot of arguments about that should he be charging?
Speaker 5: To me?
Speaker 1: The example and an analogy that I would use is it's like to me, it's like when Shol, when Andrew Schultz or Andrew Shouls went out with the on Netflix, or he was gonna go to Netflix with a special. Netflix had the way that they're now adapting with comedians, But at one point in time they're wanting the censor jokes, which comedians absolutely hate. So comedians will come out of pocket, put a lot of money into their production to produce their own special and sell it on their website. A lot of people get behind that and help out and promote, and you know, buy into that with the comedian because it's like the small guy versus mainstream media. To me, it's the same situation. YouTube is wanting to censor this product that Barstool has with Surviving Barsol, which honestly, if you watch it, you understand all the context with absolutely everything. It's it's a great survivor reality TV show, and so YouTube wants to censor it.
Speaker 2: Dave's not bending the knee.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're gonna put it behind a paywall to help to help pay for recoup whatever the seven figures that went into all this production behind the scenes and everything else, so you can pay for it. Nine to ninety nine Barstool dot tv, and the episodes are four, five, and six come out.
Speaker 5: You know, they came out yesterday as you're listening now.
Speaker 1: They came out yesterday, tonight and tomorrow, and then seven eight nine will be coming out next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. You'll see them all come out in succession, and then after that the week's following you will get it for free on barstool dot tv. If you're like me, I'm paying because I hate the fomo aspect and I hate knowing what happens and people talking about it online because it will be clips will be coming out, it will be talked about. So that's kind of the entire conversation about it. It's like Dave when hardcore, Hey we're not doing this, We're going this way. But if you're looking at it, it's legit. You two wanted to censor, Barstool doesn't want to. They're now going behind their own website to stream it. You have to pay for it. I know that pisses people off. This wasn't a bait and switch by Dave or Barstool. Those were all the facts of it, and so yeah, if you're a supporter, I think what sucks is there were a lot of people texting me that weren't like in the Barstool fandom or anything else, that just loved the reality show. And hey, I don't know what's going on with these other characters, but I'm so bought in because of how valuable all the production was right.
Speaker 2: Has there ever been a situation that you guys know where Dave bait and switched fans, No, and so like, yeah, that argument to me seems so wildly out of left field. You know how the mindset, well, the boys brand right like Barstool has always been for the people. It's like we're we're the community and we're helping.
Speaker 5: For the common man by the common Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so, but the thing that obviously can be a disconnect is the different tax brackets obviously, and people being upset about ten dollars. And I went to Starbucks today and I spent ten dollars before a tip on two cups of coffee literally, And I know that was like the analogy people using that that literally happened to me today, And so that could be a place where I'm a little disconnected. But well, it's like it is ten dollars a big deal?
Speaker 1: What was your guys just thought on the whole thing with the barcel and you because I had a couple of different thoughts, It's like, I see that if that's how Dave would have started bringing it, because the backlash from it is like, Okay, then he did it, am I being the scumbag, because I do think the framework was essentially to get to hey, big guys wanting to censor us, We're not censoring. We think the war cry is gonna come behind us.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of all pissed off people like you show us three free episodes were bought in. It's bullshit that you're now putting it behind a paywall. So I see like pros and cons of both me. I wanted, like I tweeted, I wanted a kids Bop version. To me, it's like, do the edits played by YouTube's rules and make it extremely known that it is a edited down version. And then you got Day's version, which is like Taylor Swift Taylor's version. You put Day's version behind somewhere else if people want to go do that and to me, because what you lose out on with YouTube is the massive audience, Like you get to go home, put on the YouTube app and it's right there in front of you and you're like watching it like TV. And the people who are texting me are the kinds where you know, every time you have to click and do something more like law of numbers, you lose like ten percent of people.
Speaker 2: Every more you have to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's to me, that's what sucks because I know how much time and effort by everybody got put into this. You want the exposure to be there for those people from the product that was created because in perpetuity, like the views are just going to keep going up because of how good of a show it actually is. So I think it's just harder if people are looking for it. It's barstool dot TV, support the boys. I truly think it's worth it. But again, I know everybody kind of sees it, sees it differently.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, there should be all let you going to say, but the shitty thing for you is you're having such a good showing those first episodes. You're having such a good showing, and you just want as many eyes on that as possible. Yeah, I mean officially for you and for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah selfishly, all the even all the talent and the all the contestants, like the things that are going to be coming storyline wise, I think are all time and it does. It sucks personally, sucks uh team wise with the surviving cast. It sucks for the production crew behind it and put it all together that you kind of just have to you know, let let Dave kind of lead this thing where he wants to lead it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I like the.
Speaker 2: Way you said that, like having like the kids Bop version on YouTube. That way more eyes get on it and you're able to monetize that way and then dumb it downe Yeah, like you make fun of the Yeah, the production you it's an unfortunate editing. I'm sure the editing for that would be just absolutely shitty to do that in three days.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's the problems that could you really edit all of those things and put it out on YouTube while it's still Yeah, which is a fair point.
Speaker 2: And it does as many employees as they have.
Speaker 1: He give if you're not gonna get off schedule with wanting to get it out the next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, because what sucks is you got to take it down. Like from my understanding, YouTube said you have two or three hours to take this down or something was gonna happen. And your concern is the strike because you don't know how it comes to you. They don't actually say you're gonna get a strike. You're not talking with anybody to where YouTube kind of tells you it just happens it's gone. There's no there's no reversing it. So it's a tough spot to be.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why, like YouTube would go about it that way if they don't just want to they have like they just hurt something. They're like, Okay, we're gonna censor this now.
Speaker 8: It's like there's.
Speaker 2: Videos of the war on YouTube, right, there's a crazy shoot on YouTube and that's like on YouTube, right, Yeah, and they didn't take them down, right, But like Barstool are like literally telling Dave like, hey, if you don't do this, we're gonna do X, Y and Z. It's like the last thing you want to do to Dave is given ultimatum, like just work with them, because I'm sure if they came in a more gentle way, things would have been worked out so much easier, where he probably would have came this conclusional conversation supposed to having two hours to be like no, fuck, you were not doing that, and then this whole thing has to happen. So but uh, ten dollars, how do we feel.
Speaker 1: About your perspective when it was all going down because we weren't in the office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I would pay that. It's amazing content.
Speaker 9: Even if I wasn't like friendly with you guys and I didn't know you guys, I would still buy it because of how like I guess I have like a stooley kind of just bought into it that way. But I also think on YouTube's end, it it's just it's so soft for them to just be like, now you can't can't put this out there because that first episode had what eight hundred thousand views.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean it was gonna grow. That was gonna be nuts.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: The amount of like Dave's got to look at it in a business sense, like he's got to make the money back from the revenue that he's missing out on YouTube, and like ten dollars for six more episodes is like what like two dollars in episodes. It's it's not even that not that expensive in my opinion, like you can.
Speaker 1: And then also like when that gets removed from YouTube, there there's also kind of like a a make right or a renegotiation with factor who spends all the money. Because you're paying for seven figure views per episode, you know it's going to be there. This one is more of like a wait and see how many people show up? Because again the just I hate it for the people who were coming in that weren't familiar, because they might not even be listening to this and fully understand that it's not why it's not there anymore. But you make people, the more hoops you make them jump through, the more of the audience you lose. So it's kind of like a renegotiation. Yeah, it's kind of like a renegotiation and everything that probably conversations that have to take place with factor to either make right or figure out what the numbers say.
Speaker 5: After I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Like Jack came in after the first one was like, dude, it was ninety minutes long, I didn't even know it was that long, Like it just kind of flew by because of how you know, how much they pulled you into the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did such a great job with that, dude.
Speaker 12: And obviously we talked about the ten dollars. I don't think no one is going to struggle pershing something for ten dollars. It's a principle by those So for the people who are upset about it, I think that at any end, they don't want to see been ten dollars because at some point it was free and some people just have an impossible time getting over that fact. And it sucks because even like our roommate or my roommate Kyle, he's not like a huge barstool guy, but he like knows some of the stuff, the ins and outs, and he watched that first episode and he was fired up about it, and then the next day all this comes out and so he makes plenty of money and he can afford ten dollars, but he's not gonna buy it out of principle because he's.
Speaker 1: Like right, because the downsids, Like, I mean, that was a sweet episode, but I'm not gonna like, yeah, if it's not available to me right now, right away to where I can easily find it.
Speaker 7: It's just not it's literally it's not even the ten dollars.
Speaker 12: It's having to go in and like put a card in, like even though that sounds so foolish and childish, but it is just a principal buy. So hopefully they get a bunch of people that are gonna purchase that. And they said two weeks after the initial finale, they're gonna release all the episodes for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're gonna get like factor the people that are in the most risk right now. They're gonna get their views one way or another.
Speaker 1: The barsol TV it's people gotta go to barstool dot tv to do it, which I mean that's the exposure part of YouTube you miss out on maybe in two weeks two Like this is a time where you think about having some edit that out there that can go on YouTube. Cause again, like those that's for like an audience that is not nearly as you know, bought into all of the all the things that happened in the Barstool universe with every personality that's there. That's to me, that's where the stoolies kind of eat that stuff up because you see a lot of like rivalries collide throughout the entire show.
Speaker 2: And you got I mean Dave has the reach. They have so many people. It's like on barstool not only Dave but also the employees of Dave to do the do the work to all Right, you guys gotta go watch the show like put it on Twitter, put it on Instagram that people are driven to barceol dot tv. It's on all of us team.
Speaker 1: Because it's like, do you think about the rumble conversation, do you think about the ex conversation. If it, say it was like a thing with Twitter and e on, then the experience of watching it's not the same because you're just gonna be consuming it on you know, your phone or an iPad or something like that.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with Rumble? Are they the same thing as YouTube?
Speaker 1: You basically it would have been the Yeah, Rumblestry being a competitor of YouTube essentially. I mean, but you'd almost assume Rumble would want Barsol to move all of their stuff to Rumble versus just the one show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think that'd be a good move.
Speaker 1: For But in the meantime, until all these episodes come out, go to your next big event with game Time. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets for all sports, music, comedy, and theater events near you. Browse or the game Time app and talk about outcome events in your area, concerts, playoff games, whatever it is. Game Time has you covered last minute tickets, flash deals, Zone deals the easy way to find and buy tickets for every kind of event in your area. Game Time is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. See the view from your seat before you buy so you actually know what to expect. All in prices, show your total up front, so you're not getting a great deal without hidden fees, or so you're getting a great deal without hitting hitting hidden fees. Jesus buy tickets in seconds with two taps. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game time. Download the game time map, create an account, use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Create an account and redeem code busting for twenty dollars off. Download game time today, Last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed the battle for the UH for the Houston Oilers, the jersey, the helmet will be coming soon again.
Speaker 5: Buy tickets there, game.
Speaker 2: Time, game time. That would be awesome if Texas. If the Texans and the Titans played every year for the first game was to decide who gets to wear them the next game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that would be so fun.
Speaker 2: That would be sick in a couple of years. In a couple of years, we gotta get back on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a GBO you boys, dough loss, tough overtime loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have any ugly because we're fifty minutes of this episode, we're almost doing good bad ugly? No, So my ugly was?
Speaker 5: Uh was?
Speaker 1: I said it in line with the You're bad, which is the Patriots losing six to nothing, three straight under ten points, and then Garrett thinking he knows what losing feels like and we got to cover we got to cover that.
Speaker 5: So I'm I'm crazy, I'm solid. What's your ugly?
Speaker 2: My ugly is the chains guy getting his late broken in that Saints game.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that was in insane easy man, ugly?
Speaker 2: Pull it up, Yeah, pull it up, ugly. This is more just is I feel bad Georgia being out of the playoffs in Florida State thirteen and oh and they're out. Here's one for the world. NATO says, prepare for bad news when it comes to war. That's not good. That's probably in the ugly category.
Speaker 5: Oh, what's what's the deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I looked at it a little bit. If they're referring to the war in Ukraine and how they need that needs to get figured out before because if if Ukraine starts to fall, then we're in It's we're looking at w W three.
Speaker 10: Really, Yeah, I saw a warship was a US warship, not even worship.
Speaker 4: It was like commercial.
Speaker 2: But look at that, dude, look at this guy's leg, Oh my god. And you can kind of hear it. There's a couple of different clips where you can hear the guys screaming in agony. But that's as ugly as it gets.
Speaker 5: That sucks, man.
Speaker 2: The thing's just dented to the side.
Speaker 8: Dude, Oh, paid enough for that, And he was just doing like.
Speaker 2: He's hype, probably telling his family.
Speaker 1: Like do we know if they as Dean Blandina, what do we know if that gets covered for him? Like you'd almost want the NFL to come out and say.
Speaker 2: I mean Alvin K marsh before, right, But yeah, what were you gonna say with the It.
Speaker 10: Was like we had a ship that I forget which country, but a country fired some missiles at it.
Speaker 8: Obviously we intercepted the missiles.
Speaker 10: But that happened, like I want to say, it was maybe like I don't want to actually say what country was because I might just butcher it altogether. But that happened either this morning or yesterday, and that was apparently a big deal.
Speaker 2: Have you seen all these like conspiracy theories like my algorithm on Instagram's like asking Alexa when World War three is gonna start? The last one was November twenty fifth, and legit November twenty fifth, I was like, and it did start. But the next one is March fourteenth when China invades the United States invading Iiwan? What's that?
Speaker 8: They'll probably invade Taiwan, which would make us have to war.
Speaker 2: We are we a part of NATO because I know forty five was trying to dip. Did he ever dip?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: I don't think he ever dipped.
Speaker 2: Let's get political, boys, let's.
Speaker 1: In the war room. Yeah ah, my wrists background, throw it in there.
Speaker 2: And this is my last ugly. This is a personal one is my kids turning my new cold tub into a potion. I was watching the games yesterday sitting on my couch and my kids like, Daddy, come, look who we may And I was like, all right. So I walked outside and I see my cold tub. My outdoor cold tub lid was open, and I see dirt everywhere, and I'm like, oh, would y'all make like we made a potion? And I look at it, dude, I have a picture of it. I'll send it for people who watch it on YouTube. But I was tight leaves.
Speaker 5: How'd you handle it?
Speaker 2: I just took a deep breath.
Speaker 5: When you saw you reach over. You look at it.
Speaker 2: I looked at it. I looked in the thing. Guys, this stuff is important, Daddy. We can't do this because you could break it. And I had to explain why it would break it. And I was like and I literally walked around the corner and put my hands on my knees. Yesterday it was low cute defeating day for me. It was a tough one for me. And I was just like looking at the ground, like, God, damn it, dude, and I walked back. I was like, all right, guys, let's let's start cleaning it up. And then they started complaining about how cold the water was, and I was like the grandpa from Holes, it's two damn bad like just letting them do their thing, drink the potion. No, my daughter's making it works. You know that like a soda brand called Ollipop. Have you heard of them? Mydather right, kids are obsessed with that. My daughter makes Ollipop soup, which he basically just puts a can into a bowl and then adds different ingredients, whether it be fruit or different things. And she just like eats it like soup. So they're all in the potions and all that right now. And uh yeah, you know what telling me looks on me as a father. It got fixed. Everything is clean. Nothing got in the filter. The thing was off. Actually it was like the best case in the worst case scenario. So we got it taken care of. But that is the ship that gets you beat. Yeah, yeah, to get you beat the rest of the day. I had a hard time putting them in the bed. Last night. I had a hard time with them. My daughter, my oldest is having a hard time going to sleep. I did five things.
Speaker 1: Let's read a story and you just make it up about how these girls they want to.
Speaker 2: Make a potion, but it's broon want of daddy's things and they had to leave forever and that was unfortunate.
Speaker 5: This daddy hurt them.
Speaker 2: Those kids later fell down the stairs. Yeah, it's just a bit of a deal man, feel good of a dad.
Speaker 14: I am.
Speaker 5: I don't do those things to you, but just keep in mind how it could be.
Speaker 2: Hmm. It's like those videos where you see like the dogs, like one like they think like a toy dog in front of a dog and they go eat the food and they beat the shit out of the dog, and I was like, alright, I'm not gonna do that. It's fucking hilarious because the dogs are legit, Like, oh my god. Yeah, all right, we kick it off, Ryan Blaney, No, we gotta do a twisted question. Twisted question another.
Speaker 7: Opportunity for Mitch.
Speaker 2: I think he's over on the year.
Speaker 5: That's all right, It's okay.
Speaker 4: B O T agree. How you really help with the confidence going in?
Speaker 2: The question is brought to you by Twisted Tea, the smoothest hard iced tea out there, perfect for pool parties, college game days. Keep it twisted with Twisted Tea. Grab a refreshing Twisted Tea today.
Speaker 5: The king of alcoholic drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we get into twisted Actually, we'll do it after. Who twisted the question?
Speaker 4: All right? This is this twisted question comes from JP.
Speaker 9: If the aliens were to invade Earth, which us or which person in the world would you want to send to Great Rock?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know why?
Speaker 2: The rock a good representation of man, like, hopefully the aliens are a little scrawnier. Hopefully they just have their gadgets and they see the Rock, They're like, yo, Goddamn, who you sending JP Elon Musk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Elon's definitely on the list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta throw Elon in there.
Speaker 1: I feel like if anybody's close to speaking the language, he probably knows something.
Speaker 5: He's got some of that tism.
Speaker 10: I would put Chris Hemsworth up there over the rock. Really why everybody's cooler with accent?
Speaker 1: True, but let Donald Trump go, dude, let forty five go, give our.
Speaker 2: Firm bring bring him in.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing a lot of great things up there. Bring him into your world and just let trum.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope we live to fight another day. Who would you say, Garrett Dennis Rodman, that'd be a great one. That's kind of like an alien contact. Yeah, just be like, hey, we're not so different you and I. Yeah, everything, Okay, I like that, Jack, Who do you.
Speaker 12: Guys in a wild card? Not someone that we can risk losing. But also it shows what not only American culture is like with the US.
Speaker 7: So I'm sending Joey Chess.
Speaker 2: But you can lose Joey.
Speaker 12: I don't want to, but I thought he's had such a good run for the last decade that like he might be in the back half of the statue.
Speaker 7: Here, we're getting them a statue if he you know, here's.
Speaker 2: A wild card, Dylan mulvaney, Right, just confuse him a little bit.
Speaker 12: And then then like half of the red states in America are canceling aliens.
Speaker 7: So right, if we can do that, are like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we gotta get the fuck out of here. Let's go to some other country. This is crazy. We can't get canceled.
Speaker 12: And then they go to China and then March fourteenth comes way sooner than we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then they started helping him. You're right, we can't send Dylan, that's a fun Uh, that's a fun question. Who you said, jo droving the comments? Who who you'd send to meet the alien president? You have you I'm saying forty five? Yeah, not that, I not that I we can not that.
Speaker 1: I I not that I want him to die at all. But also it's like, you know, you lose a soldier, you're throwing somebody out there that can that's war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's war. So you're gonna send forty five with you, oh, with the option of losing them. You don't want to lose your best soldiers too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, at what cost? Will they take Trump.
Speaker 1: I listen, if we're going down, they're deciding then and there. If we're going down.
Speaker 10: Imagine Donald Trump is abducted by aliens and then he's you know, he will find a way to get a message back to America.
Speaker 8: Look what I've done here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: It just sends back a message law and order. He's trying to like rite in the stars. Yeah, Trump, would your day's are numbered earth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Before we get into the Ryan Blading episode, Mitch, you were on a two dimes in a token shout out the boys. I feel like they're like a like a like brand of Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 8: In modern league system. It's like our Triple A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're in the farm system.
Speaker 2: They're in our farm system.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was.
Speaker 2: How was it? Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 1: For everybody wanting to know what the episode's like, it was a lot like that exchange.
Speaker 2: I listened to the whole thing. Really good job. You got to see behind the curtain of Mitch Carson and his process of coming to Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 5: How to take a peep behind the curge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no idea you were a fan of the boys like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was. I was.
Speaker 6: I mean it was miserable NASCAR, so I afford NASCAR just catches strays.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, but NASCAR people are cool. My job was not cool. I'll preface it that way, but yeah, it was. I was a fan of you guys, like, uh, just watching pods and stuff. And then Will ended up sparking this. And then that text I got from Will was one of the most wild texts I've ever received.
Speaker 2: Well, he was explaining his interview process and he said he was on zoom and JP was like, you were your camera was off but it said JP Hovey and it was you And He's like, yo, it's so crazy. I'm talking to Will Compton right.
Speaker 8: Well, when we sent him your LinkedIn profile po.
Speaker 4: Yeah that And when I received that text, I'm like, this is fake, no way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the next tie might have to be in the corner of the room.
Speaker 9: And uh but yeah, and then it was cool to be in front of the camera rather than behind. But uh, I mean he's super cool. Jack's been on before. I think y'all two were going on soon. So yeah, shut out, broke.
Speaker 2: Nasty Brooks, the main guy.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you wanted to address with it bringing it out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you, uh, you did your top three most athletic, and I I thought you had to write three people in there.
Speaker 5: Who was it?
Speaker 1: Us?
Speaker 4: You have to go and watch it. You have to go and watch it.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 2: He put you at two, put me at three.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you want me to say, it was me Will and then Taylor and then Jack was honorable mention.
Speaker 2: I think right now, as we stand today, that's probably I think that's probably a correct order five years ago.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, yeah, it's different. I mean, your knees are a bit bang.
Speaker 2: I got shaky knees now, dude, there's nothing wrong with I got shaky knee syndrome. Will worn and back things hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the youngest one here. So I mean, yeah, athletic.
Speaker 8: We've seen you kick a soccer.
Speaker 7: Ball, came to our gym, to this fast.
Speaker 5: You ain't the most athletic. Mitch booth Camp.
Speaker 12: Yeah, mich came to Booth Camp. Didn't run as much as I thought he would, but he was there.
Speaker 5: You didn't, Minch.
Speaker 7: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Laugh.
Speaker 2: I know, was so disrespectful.
Speaker 12: No, but you know what after Booth Camp, you know it's a little stinky, a little hot, sweaty.
Speaker 7: You know what I used.
Speaker 5: Duke Cannon.
Speaker 1: They have a collection of holiday products coming up that men actually like. Give the boys something they deserve, like a big ass lump of coal soap from Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon's holiday gifts are made in the USA by humans, not elves. These gifts aren't going to break the bank and make the perfect gift for you and your boys, your father in law, that cousin you can barely you barely like. But they have a list of names and sense, Taylor, do you want to run through these names?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 2: They got the big ass lump of coal soap, They got the illegally cut pine soap, mal santus cough ser of soap. They got so many more, dude, but they're all holidays.
Speaker 5: I love their little I love those names.
Speaker 1: Thou also much deserved nightcapes, all brandy, homemade egg nog.
Speaker 2: Whoops the daisies. That's a fun thing about Duke Cann. You're getting fun sense and fun names.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they bring out the theme.
Speaker 1: They embrace the holiday, which is exactly what you want out of a brand that works with us.
Speaker 2: If you're looking at the boys right now, and you're thinking, boys, how do I go? How do I get this stuff? You can find their holiday soaps and gift sets at Target, Walmart, or just go to Duke Cannon dot com. Here's the internet, boys.
Speaker 5: But if you do go to Target, they'd have a nice setup. Was the other day.
Speaker 1: They have a nice setup, like the way they do the soap stuff out there, the sense and the deodorance. They got a legit setup. Like, yea, we are the We're the big swinging dick on campus.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 10: Duke Cannon Titan special team coordinator has been relieved of his duties.
Speaker 8: No, according to Jim Wiatt.
Speaker 1: I mean that's was it. I didn't get to catch it. That's when I was flying back.
Speaker 7: We lost Stonehouse completely.
Speaker 12: Hannahill had laces out on a kick that we would have won the game essentially because we went to ot and so Stonehouse is the normal holder holder for the kicks, and so he took a really like he might be done for the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that loves a bad hit. Did you see it looked.
Speaker 12: Like the guy fall saints Like, Yeah, it wasn't good, but.
Speaker 2: It like and came back in. Yeah, they went to block a punt and his plantful was on the ground and then like you could see the hyper extension and then come back.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: It was tough.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Simmons got hurt there, Henry got knocked out.
Speaker 7: Cushion protocol. It was a scary day, one of those days.
Speaker 5: Oh, man, that sucks.
Speaker 2: It's awk. Yeah, yeah, it's awk right. Such a good dude too, I know.
Speaker 1: Damn the Sun was just in the state championship last week and he wanted me to send a little video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I sent a little video. I said something like, uh, what.
Speaker 5: Did I say? I said, my three keys are my three things.
Speaker 1: It was like, get the fight started, talk ship and not too much, don't get in trouble.
Speaker 5: And when you beat their ass.
Speaker 1: I forget what the team's name was, but you walk over it, you take your lettermans and you put it on their women. I kind of preface. I was like, hopefully I'm just talking to the locker room, no parents involved.
Speaker 2: Get out, yeah, get out, wait five six seconds, just us yeah ackerman. Man, that's tough, dude, great dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God, that sucks.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You know you are getting to the you are getting to the point.
Speaker 1: It was like we were talking about like Rabeiz the guy for the job, but you keep losing you in this way like it's like all the assistants, all the coordinators head on a swivel because you gotta change something up.
Speaker 2: M Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, oh man, what a way to go out, What a way to introdu this podcast. Ryan Blaney, he was awesome. My favorite moment was when he was talking about getting drunk at Dale Junior's talent.
Speaker 5: So that's a great through the woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a good dude. I had a lot of fun with him.
Speaker 1: He was a voice on Cars Too, Carse three, Cars three, he's.
Speaker 2: In Cars three, Magnum p I. He's done a lot of cameos same Magnum p I as Eddie George was in Also Wild. I watched a couple of clips In fact, guy's got some ability. Yeah, and he knew how to chop it up with the boys. Yeah, and that that's always a weird thing for us when we're meeting somebody we don't know a whole lot about, how are they going to act as to get more gonna be me and will having fun than trying to figure out questions. It was a great conversation the whole way through. Man, it was it was a really good time. We got to him on a game.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, drop comments, do all the things, big hugs, kisses, big golf guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love, I love. I got to play out there last earlier this year. Actually, really I hear it's awesome. Yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: I heard that Troubadour is like a place that's like country clubs for people that don't like country clubs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like, uh, well all those Discovery properties in that way, right, Like there's one here and they us I mean they're all over the world, but yeah, it's yeah, like you said, country club for people who hate country clubs.
Speaker 2: The whole new way to do it is.
Speaker 5: It like that you get to not like dress down, but you don't have to be.
Speaker 2: You can dress however you want, just however you want.
Speaker 1: Like Ernest goes out there and he'll be a no, he's a Richland that's country club. Yeah, collared shirt, tucked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know he's a big boss though, Like yeah, he's a he's a big swinging dictap.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I got to make sure people know that I have money and look at my twenty five thousand dollars entry feet at this place. You part of a counchy club, I am what a great way to start.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, just an asshole atch club.
Speaker 2: Yeah what uh? What? What got you in the country club life? I know we're here for NASCAR And also, by the way, I saw your clips on magnum p I congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 6: It's badass. I appreciate that. That was fun. What got me into country clubes? Well, I really am not into the country club scene. I'm more into just I like golfing. So I like, you just needed to be like, I just can't play public courses anymore. I mean everyone golfs now. It's just it's like you're gonna you're gonna take five hours to play golf.
Speaker 5: I just can't do that. So how often you golf throughout the year?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Race season gets tricky.
Speaker 6: I try to go at least once a week maybe if I usually I usually get like one day to myself during the week and I'll try to get around in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't like the country. I don't like ever go in. I just go yeah, yeah, you go up, yeah, get the cart rip around a little bit. What is like, golf is a lot of drinking. Do you get some drinking in while you're in race season?
Speaker 1: While I'm racing season and the one day you have all oh yeah, you get some drinking in game?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Like if I had to go eight months during the season without drinking, I don't know what I do.
Speaker 1: Get after your team get after like there you guys. Is the camaraderie.
Speaker 6: H My boys are My twelve guys are absolutely just to burn it down. They just got out here today and I think they're still out on this. They're on Broadway right now, just let it rip, getting after, be on the parade float, and they're gonna I don't even know what state they're gonna be in.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The pit crew guys, like the offensive line, they just kind of seem like they get after it. Yeah, they're just a rowdy cat.
Speaker 6: My gas man he played for the Panthers for a little bit. He was a tight end Conklin. Yeah, so we have a few x NFL guys, We have some baseball guys, all the you know, pit crew, over the wall guys.
Speaker 2: They're all ex athletes pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I wonder if Paul's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if he's here not.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he's here.
Speaker 1: He's somebody with this, like the first kind of person we've kind of met in the NASCAR community that's really embraces nothing but big dick energy.
Speaker 5: Like just he's got the chest tear out. Yeah, he's just his vibes. He wants to hit push ups.
Speaker 2: Incredibly beautiful green eyes. Yeah, it's just like, oh god, yeah, it always got a little bit of grease on him, but it's kind of like they can't get placed for you a little bit more. Yeah, it's just a wild man, is he. When we met him, it was like, okay, this is the guy he went to NASCAR two years ago?
Speaker 5: Right, uh yeah, are you talking about we did?
Speaker 2: No, just this is just to you because one year I didn't make him, so two years ago he goes He's like Paul Swanson, pul Swanson, you got to know this guy. Paul swantson baked Dick energy. Just keeps talking him up. And usually when you talk to your buddies and you're like, hey, this is you put it up here when you really experienced it, it's not as high as a think. I met him and it almost exceeded, exceeds it. The expectation is that does he have like a legacy in the NASCAR world of being the guy, the bake Dick energy guy. I know him, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I know Paul fairly decent, but yeah, he's like that label.
Speaker 2: Guy b d guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 6: You'll walk down pit road before the race and like they're setting up pistols and he'll have his fire suit un zip.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's awesome. I'm like, I love it. We were curious.
Speaker 1: We're like, man, we wonder if Pulse one, if his legacy goes outside of just we'll see if his brain, if if he's known around the NASCAR community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally thought to myselves, maybe we can get to that part of the conversation. But why not start in the first sixty seconds with on the podcast says about Paul. Yeah, immediately, Hey, this is this is a shout out for him. It's building his He's gonna love it. He's gonna be awesome guy too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about he's about busting with a when you're in the situation you were going into the cup and like the four way tie type thing all that, Like how do rivalries playing into that like, who is your big rival, Well, you're like throughout your career four or through my career, your career. Let's so we'll start there and we'll incrementally go down.
Speaker 6: I don't really know. I feel like like I don't I've been lucky. I haven't had anyone like I really despise, Like he'll have kind of run ins with some guys every now and then some guys kind of they.
Speaker 2: Will hate each other for years and years. I haven't really been that way.
Speaker 6: I'd say more my rivalry is like my buddies who I grew up racing with, Like we're and we're all good friends. You know, Chase Elliott and I, Bubba Wolston and I we grew up together. You know, we started racing together when we're like nine, ten years old. So like they're kind of like arriving the.
Speaker 1: Situation the same. You obviously come from a pedigree of racers chases it. You know, Bill Elliott drove Chase his dad, Bubba doesn't come from a racing family, Like his parents never raced. He just started when he was young. And he and I actually first started yea when we were like ten years old together.
Speaker 6: I remember us growing up together. But I feel like, like that's my rivalry is my buddies.
Speaker 1: You're just kind of like, yeah, you're just trying to like maybe not be very loud about it, but let you win.
Speaker 6: And you're like, yeah, yeah, a little bit, but it's not too bad. We all support each other, but you want to beat those guys more than anyone else.
Speaker 1: I think your buddies, yeah, do you have are there guys that are just known like all this dude's an asshole?
Speaker 6: I think I think we're all we can all be that way. Yeah, and someone's what's been your asshole moment? Swinging with helmets on, which they need to.
Speaker 1: I think it is a little off, like as a fan, like you know, listen, I'm a I'm a dumb NASCAR fan, but when you see a couple of bumps in the road, you're like, oh, yeah, you kind of want some demolition.
Speaker 2: I want the Missouri. Oh yeah, the Missouri.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And uh, you guys obviously like there's like some some lines that get crossed.
Speaker 6: There are there are some lines that get crossed, but uh, it just kind of depends on how like far you cross that line.
Speaker 1: What's here we go? We do uh, pet we do pet peeves. We do like shout out no free shout out pet peeve of the week. What's a pet peeve in the NASCAR realm? To where you're just like, it's just it's kind of an unspoken law that goes down when crossed. You know, it's kind of legal. But also it's like we all know that that's bullshit.
Speaker 6: Oh man, that's a good question. Shit, solid question. That is a good question. Like unwritten rule kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like in hockey, there's like things you should and shouldn't do, but it's not.
Speaker 1: In the r you might go up and say something to somebody or get in their face knowing like he's gonna you know, the like this it's not gonna make any any sense to everybody else, but he knows what I'm.
Speaker 6: Speaking to think, I think the more of it. It's like the athletes that are involved, right, Like in the NFL, you guys had stuff right like, all right, you don't do this, you can do this, this is not cool. And on the track, I feel like between drivers, yeah, it's like like cheap shots right like run into somebody dooring them on purpose, like for no reason. I'm sure it's the same way as like getting a you know, a leg block or something from the behind, something like and like you know, going low, going low right and hurting somebody, taking a chance to hurt somebody. I think it's kind of the same way in our world, like athletes, the drivers, you know what's fucked up and what's not right. And I think it's the same with every sport. But yeah, I think on the track, like if someone runs anything you for no reason, you're like, well.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Have you? Have you done it before?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you'll do it. I mean that's everyone. Everyone does it, I mean, but it's I do it. Yeah, yeah, I mean everyone does it. Everyone has those things. They're like, it's kind of messed up. I do it, but I do it anyway.
Speaker 2: What is there a specific situation in your career, Like I'm intentionally gonna do something here because it's been pissing me off.
Speaker 1: And afterwards you're like, I shouldn't done, but emotions were high, and I I.
Speaker 6: Would say I've said things I wish I didn't say. I don't think I've not that I can think of right now, like done an action that I'm like I should have done that. I feel like it's more things you say, like maybe you shouldn't have said that. What's something you said, Oh just like fuck that guy or like that guy's dick or something you know, like but uh as far as like actions like I don't think I've ever done anything I regret that, Yeah, but words, I feel like you can regret pretty easy because.
Speaker 2: When in NASCAR you can go I want to to the pr as a kid with my grandparents. They're big in a NASCAR and the you can get like the walkie talkies or like the little monitors with the headphones. Yeah, where you can listen to the pit crews. Are there like two different like wavelengths or whatever they are of different channels. No, you would have been if you've I've been able to listen to you as year old could go fuck that guy drivers. Yeah, yeah, you've been here. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if you've rant a radio as a fan, yeah, you'll be able to hear anyone you want to hear, and hear all the good stuff, the unfiltered that's what you want, would be, that's what you want. Yeah, it's like hot bikes, right, like when NBA and NFL do the hot mic stuff like I listened, I like listen to that, and I feel like it's the same.
Speaker 2: Way with radios with us. When you were you said, like you started racing a nine ten years old. Obviously you can't get a driver's license to you're sixteen, but you come from a pedigree like when you were born growing up were you're just like, I'm gonna be a racer. That's what I'm gonna do. Was that like the number one goal your whole life?
Speaker 6: I mean I grew up around it, you know, Dad racing before I was born, So I just grew up around that stuff and I wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: But like my dad never pushed me to do anything. Dad was always do you want to do it?
Speaker 6: And I remember like every step we took, like into different cards or seriously, like do you sure you want to do this? Because it's a big commitment, right if you're gonna half ass through something while you're doing it.
Speaker 2: So Dad was always good at that. So yeah, I was lucky.
Speaker 6: It's always what I wanted to do because I just wanted to do what my dad did, and I was really lucky to be able to do it. But I never didn't really want I played other sports, but I was I faced facts like, hey, I was like five six un till I got to high school or until I graduated high school. I'm like, and I played basketball in that time. Baseball was like, all right, I have to list my career opportunities. I'm gonna be like five nine, I can't jump very high. You know, Racing's probably gonna be my career color for other sports, right, hockey, football, basketball, I'm not physically adequate enough to do that. So I'm like, oh, I want to go through the racing side. And I'm pretty good at the racing stuff, and I wasn't very good at the other stuff either.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how sick is it that you did want to do this your whole life and now you're you were the twenty twenty three NASCAR Cup Series champion.
Speaker 2: Well it's you know, it's neat. Are I growing up around it?
Speaker 6: And I admired those guys who you know, were champions because I was at the track with my dad and I got to be around those guys, you know, the Jimmy Johnson's and Jeff Gordon's and all those guys, and just wanted to be that that person.
Speaker 2: So it's yes, it's kind of hard to believe.
Speaker 6: You know, if you have a dream as a kid and you finally accomplish it and you're like, damn, it's kind of will come full circle, and then you think back on all the people that helped you out along.
Speaker 2: The way, and it's, uh, yeah, it's definitely a neat feeling. Yeah, it's yeah, I love that stuff when you're when you're a kid, obviously you look up to your dad, But was there a driver that you're like almost would make your dad feel like, man, he thinks that guy's cool with me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I loved you know, Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Matt Kenzith. You know, those guys were kind of like the guys I loved besides my dad.
Speaker 2: You know, I loved watching those guys.
Speaker 5: Right, you gis what kind of bus you're sitting on?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: It's the what bus?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 2: Number eight? Dale Ear and Hard is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's the Junior bus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see her. You got a Gordon sticker? You got Kansas sticker. This bus actually used to go to Tailgates.
Speaker 2: Really, we found it in the back of a Wedgewood Houston parking lot down and everything. But he used to travel to all the NASCAR events. That's bad ass. A lot of history in here. Yeah. So not a Dale or a hard junior fan. No, I love Dale?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was usually with Dale. Say something nice about Dale. I lived. I lived on Dale's property for like three years. Is it the farm? Is it like the old like yeah, weird stories.
Speaker 1: Right across the woods from there. So he was gonna invite us to invite us to that, like what last year?
Speaker 12: The town?
Speaker 5: Every year he invites us.
Speaker 1: But you know you got to the town, the Whiskey River town. Yeah yeah that was lived there for three years.
Speaker 6: I lived there. Yeah, so funnest time in my life. I was like a rookie in the Cup Series. I'm twenty one years old, living by myself in my house. I'm renting for the first time, and like Dale's a thousand yards through the woods and Dale was still racing the time. So we would get done with these races on Sunday night, get home at ten ten thirty, and I would go drive a four wheeler through the woods to Dale's house and get absolutely wrecked, like six hours and then one eye a four wheeler through the woods back to my place. That was like the funnest years of my life. So Dale is Yeah, Dale's so much fun, and yeah, it's cool. This is the eight bus.
Speaker 4: It's big.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, you rattled off names. I was like, oh, head sad Dale, yet I wonder no, I okay, sorry, Dale. I was a big fan of awesome. To me, that is awesome taking a four.
Speaker 2: Wheeler, just whipping through like I'm gonna go over to eat your buddy's house. I'm gonna get out of here, like I was going through the woods, no worries. I mean, I'm just in the woods. I'm driving through the trails. It's all good. Did you get lost? I think the first time I did it, I got lost.
Speaker 1: Everything looks the same the woods, and it's dark and I'm seeing eight of everything.
Speaker 2: So it was full. The number two it was. It was rough.
Speaker 1: He's the whiskey town, and it seems like it exeeds the hype it already gets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's slowed down a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I got a couple of kids now, so it's it's slowing down. But uh, there was some wild stuff that happened and uh in the town that was that.
Speaker 2: I can't say. I can't say, oh that is awesome. You brought up a guy his name and I'm not super well versus NASCAR, but Tony Stewart, Yeah, he was considered a shit stirr kind of guy, right, bit was that.
Speaker 14: Who Dale would get after with when he almost swung on somebody going to the literally going to pr with my grandparents and being like Tony Stewart, that guy's a piece of shit, remember, like, yeah, Grandpa, absolutely, I have literally and I just that always stuck with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Tony was. I mean he had he was a fiery personality. He was always great to me and my family every Like I was a little tiny kid and I remember him being great to me, and he was awesome to race with. But yeah, he had that fire in him, and I think like in the early two thousands he was like the height of like him getting into a bunch of disagreements.
Speaker 2: But uh, Tony's a good guy. He's the hell person. When you were grown up, did you always want to drive for Ford?
Speaker 6: I didn't really care who I drove for honestly, growing up, like you know, you're just trying to make it. You're just trying to have a job, and you know, we got I've been with Ford for the last ten years now, twenty thirteen, we started working with them and they've been fantastic. So I really haven't worked with anybody at the professional level like a Toyota or Chevy, you know, I know, unfortunately I see the siginback here, but no, Ford's been you know, They've been great family to me. And but yeah, as a kid, I didn't really care, but now obviously you do. But I just wanted to have a job. As a kid, I don't care who I drove for.
Speaker 5: How do how do you make it?
Speaker 1: I apologize for being an idiot on this on all the racing NASCAR, but I also enjoy because I feel like a newborn learning a lot of new stuff. How do you make it professionally in ASCAR? Like what's the Obviously with football, you get drafted.
Speaker 2: You go play high school and new go to college and hopefully get drafted. Yeah, pretty linear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like the steps are a little bit different. There's a lot of similarities. Was like we have Little League, right, Like there's local tiny trail like I started when I was nine, so like go karts, all those stuff. You know, that's just like a little league kid getting going right ball or something. And so there's different steps you take as you get older. I'd say, like our you know, triple A Double A is like trucks or Exfinity Series, and then you hope you get noticed and you make it up to the big leagues, you know of the Cup series, And so I think it's some of it's similar. You're not going to school for this stuff, like there's no scholarships for it. But yeah, it's just having good people around you, good sponsors.
Speaker 2: Obviously you are huge on.
Speaker 6: It, and but yeah, there's feeder series that you have to do well in to get noticed by an owner and give you a job.
Speaker 1: So and I wonder what it's like too, Like if somebody's got like an instinct or an eye for driving, but they're just not in a faster vehicle like in the Infinity of Like you're trying to get noticed, but you're not winning even those events. But how somebody that has it might not get identified just because they might not have the good the right environment or people.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's people that I think are great race car drivers, but they haven't gotten the shot that they I think they deserve. And that's at any level, whether it's the NASCAR level you're in a lower tier car or the local short track level. I know guys, so I grew up racing with that or or twice my age that were unbelievable race car drivers, but they just never got a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that stuff happens all the time. Obviously you're very proven at this point. But when you were coming up, did you feel like he got maybe like a little more of a help at hand from your dad. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know when I was when I started, you know, Dad was still racing when I started racing, and really really through my mid late teenage years, Dad was still racing. So he wasn't at every track with me every weekend. He had his own jobs. So but I did feel like, you know, growing up, it's like, oh, that's Blaney's kid, you know, that's Dave's son. See how he is, right? Is he worth the shit or something like that, And so yeah, I think there was a little bit of that pressure. It's like, all right, I got to live up to what my dad can do and you know, try to make it like he did.
Speaker 2: So there was a little bit that as a kid, but I think you.
Speaker 6: Grow out of it, Like as you get older, you realize you're your own person and you kind of do things your own way and start living by life instead of your like your parents, right or someone who came before you.
Speaker 2: Was that a difficult process to get to that point though, fighting them pressure and then being like, Okay, I gotta be my own self here in this same avenue that my father made a little bit.
Speaker 6: I feel like there was always you felt like there was always so many eyes on you, like I gotta do good, I gotta prove myself and I don't want to look like a clown. So I feel like, yeah, that was a big thing growing up, trying to overcome that as a kid.
Speaker 2: That's hard to overcome.
Speaker 6: You know, you're already kind of shy and nervous as a kid, and yeah, and then you have all these eyes on you and you're having to prove yourself and live up to expectations that that can be a lot of on a kid, and luckily it all worked out.
Speaker 1: Was it one of those things too, like when you would win and if you're if your doubt your old man wasn't there like you're you're calling to be like, hey, one, Dad.
Speaker 6: Is the first guy I call after every race even nowadays, Like it's just how that's how it's been for twenty years. And that's just how it is, you know. So it's just and it's the role has changed over the years. Like I used to call my dad for advice, and now it's just calling him just to call him, you know, and uh and talk to him. Just it's almost routine. So yeah, he's still the first one on my phone, So that is cool. Your dad was in his prime, now, who would win in the race. I've always thought my dad was the best race car driver I've ever seen. I think whether that's just a son and me, you know, admiring your parents, I think Dad's the best one that's ever lived, you know, And that's just how it's always been. So I feel like if Dad was in his prime, if we were both thirty years old going at it, I feel like he would he would really he would beat me. He would tell you opposite, he would tell you that I would beat him. But yeah, Dad to me is will always and uh always has been, always will be the best one out there.
Speaker 5: Who would want to anybody back there have an idea that's good.
Speaker 2: Put him on the spot. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like you would wonder if somebody back there like oh you know yeah, actually right, wouldn't stayed a chance.
Speaker 6: Dave's got that. My dad still races. My dad's sixty one and he still races dirt sprint cars.
Speaker 2: That's badass. Yeah, he gets wire. Yeah, because there is that I feel like with father son. I have two girls, but father son like dynamics. There's always like a point in life where it's like kid beats you in shooting hoops, kid beats you on air hockey or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you guys ever have one of those moments? Yeah. We were a big ping pong family in my household, and I remember I got to the age I started beating my dad in ping pong and like horse, you know, and I had the basketball and it just grinded his gears.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like ping pong.
Speaker 1: I've seen father sons go at it and like when the sun's taken over, like is painful for the old man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like that's anything. Your girls might do it to you when they start beating you in anything, You're like.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'll make sure make sure you guys when we go on the field and block when we can beat me, get the.
Speaker 5: Pads on, yeah, get the pads on.
Speaker 2: We're gonna one on one, Yeah, one on ones. Outside.
Speaker 1: What's been the biggest win outside of being the NASCAR Cups of your champion, The biggest win of your career where you feel like, yo, I'm on my way. Biggest moments where you've had the biggest high of winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. I feel like it's either your first one.
Speaker 6: I won my first Cup race in twenty seventeen, so I feel like, you know, then it's like, all right, I feel like I'm kind of here right. It was my second year in the NASCAR deal, and I'm like, all right, I feel like I'm kind of established, like I finally won a race. All that Either that one or we wanted Martinsville to get us to Phoenix this year. I grew up just south of martins Ville, Virginia.
Speaker 1: That was like a home track for me, So I think winning winning at my home track went in there to get to Phoenix.
Speaker 6: That's won us a championship. I was pretty fired up on that one. So I think either either one of those two is uh his top one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How high up is uh? Talladigan Knights on your list of movies? It's up there.
Speaker 6: I like Talladegan Knights, I really do. I usually tell people it's ninety five percent true.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I love.
Speaker 6: That Talladegan Knights accurate. I'm like ninety five percent of it. Yeah, my life based on my life? Yeah, actually, yeah.
Speaker 2: What's that? What's the five percent? When he's in the wheelchair partail, like he doesn't have his legs, don't.
Speaker 6: Work, all the shifting, all the shifting, yeah, or John Gerard drinking a fucking machiato or something while he's out the race.
Speaker 2: Remember now, you never do a shaking bake out there, shaking bake. You guys got cool hit jacks sometimes, yeah, buddies, A few of us have cool handshake. If you want to be the racer you claim to be, you need to have a secret handshake with every one of the guys in your picture. It's like like Lebron has it with every Guyn's team. Yeah. It's like, I don't want to back to see Josh Allen with the bills. He's dapping everybody up doing all these cool things. I don't know how they learned that.
Speaker 6: It's like they're throwing gang signs out there. So many people on the roster, how do you remember all the handshakes? Did you guys have handshakes with everyone on your roster? A couple, we got one. It's just a little that's a.
Speaker 2: Little small, a little bit more. It's a more elaborate one. We haven't seen us see each other for a long time. There's a big hug involved.
Speaker 6: It's yea yeah, specially choreograph it though, like you practiced it and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my daughters and I we have secret handshakes. Nice. Yeah, nice. I think maybe with my kids I'll when I do have them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, make a handshake.
Speaker 1: You were talking earlier, you said sometimes on the shake and bake, that stuff happens.
Speaker 2: We don't, like say.
Speaker 1: Cart if team members are out there and it's like you know right right yeah, yeah, Ryan's got the faster car.
Speaker 5: Yes, sling shot Yeah, yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you see your boys said each other up.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what you you got the gas like yuh, I gotta hit the pits soon, but I'll ride you out so that way.
Speaker 5: You can climb up.
Speaker 6: No, I mean we're like, we don't talk to each other during the race, like if us three were drivers, Like, I can't talk to you what like we'll just different teams, different radio track can Jim.
Speaker 2: In Bay Ryan, you're doing to help a job?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I hold these boys off back here? No you can't do that, guy, we need you. Uh no, Well, we can't talk to each other on the radios. Different drivers.
Speaker 12: But the.
Speaker 2: Would you say the sling shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a variation of it, like if we go to like Twadegg or something like drafting tracks, Like you'll see people do that, but you're not, like it's not choreographed.
Speaker 2: Is like when you say drafting when you say drafting tracks? Yeah, is that like longer straightaways? Yeah? Yeah, then you get the speeds up eg yeah yeah yeah big Those are kind of tracks you like the race. What's the perfect race for you? You're like, yes, I'm going to my spot here.
Speaker 6: The short tracks are great, like Martinsville, like a tiny half mile, like that's a tiny race track. The bigger one, I mean we are tracks range from half mile to two and a half miles, so massive differences Like which one did you go to?
Speaker 4: I remember P I R.
Speaker 2: And the one in Nashville. Oh okay, okay, yeah, so they're p I R in Nashville.
Speaker 6: They're like just over a mile, so you imagine these places are over twice the size of like Nashville. Yeah, these big, big places. Yeah, that's where you see that a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And you like the short tracks, Like from a technical standpoint, isn't more difficult? Technical?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the better driver shows out in the shorter tracks. Yeah, yeah, I think so, and and all of us grew up racing those.
Speaker 2: Oh you're kind of cooking right now, working I'm get behind the wheel. You might, you might do it. You gotta get out tall.
Speaker 6: No, you are taller than I thought you'd be, though, seven brother, Yeah, it's a lot of lengths.
Speaker 2: You were like six three. I was hoping that. Actually, like six seven to me is like kind of like zoo animal worthy. It's like, well it's too tall to me, right, Yeah, I think that's six two six three ranges is yeah, perfect. Like once you're out of your sport, right like now, I'm just kind of like this neanderthal walking around the earth. Well and then and everyone sees you out at the bar, You're like everyone comes, probably comes out to you, like, what do you do? You gotta do something? Yeah, how do you play for? Yeah? The good news is I was able to play for a team. I think about those guys that are my height that didn't make it, and it's like, you just got to go your whole life telling people no, I never played sports.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's kind of a nice little dub for me to walk around it. And I've also lost sixty pounds.
Speaker 2: People are like you look, you look familiar. Yeah, you play basketball. Yeah. I got baseball in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Really baseball I got. I got to gain some weight, That's what I knew. Hey, listen, you gotta we gotta put some lpies on.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I notice your left handed. Are you a pitcher? Yeah? From organized sports? Did you ever play them?
Speaker 4: Did you ever want to do them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I played baseball. I played basketball. I loved it.
Speaker 6: I love playing basketball the most. Probably my my uncle, so my dad's brother, he's six', four he Was he's in The West Virginia hall Of fame for. Basketball got drafted by The lakers in the. Eighties oh, shit like did summer ball with like magic? Ship AND i heard, Him, yeah that's. What, yeah the knees were destroyed.
Speaker 2: And ended up going.
Speaker 6: Racing but uh, YEAH i love basketball just BECAUSE i grew up around it my. FAMILY i love. BASEBALL i got hit in the face with the pitch one time AND i was, like, Yeah i'm done playing. Baseball i'm not doing this ten, dude we.
Speaker 2: Haven't we had a playtician yesterday AND i literally like eight, nine ten years. OLD i quit hockey once the checking. Started, Baseball i'd always step away WHEN i swung round balls, CAME i was, like get me the fuck out of. Here it. WAS i was like the biggest pussy growing up of all. Time UNTIL i shared that with. You we have something in comments.
Speaker 4: And we're JUST i share that with.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 5: Brother here we are favorite to. Watch so obviously you're A nascar.
Speaker 2: Guy, YEAH i. LOVE i.
Speaker 6: LOVE i love watching, football probably college and professional kind of.
Speaker 2: Equally Like i'm From, ohio SO i Watched state and that's a rough. One the other DAY i. DISAGREE i, was, hey it's the. OPPOSITE i.
Speaker 6: KNOW i saw YOUR i saw your sweatshirt AND i went To michigan just we won't get into. It, yeah and THEN i watch Like i'm A bengals. Fan browns and THEN i Watched. Panthers god you were a picture BECAUSE i live there In, charlotte and Then i'm From.
Speaker 2: Ohio but The BENGALS i felt good about this, year but it's BEEN.
Speaker 5: I, know Until joey b went.
Speaker 6: Down, Man cleveland's actually not that bad this. Year they're not, bad but it was Too, yeah they're actually decent, defense run the.
Speaker 2: Ball well, yeah, yeah you never. Know it's a real. Fan what do you?
Speaker 6: Guys what do you guys watch mostly? Now like what's your go to? Football is it more college or professional?
Speaker 5: Game AND i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i like watching college. Better, yeah it's MORE i feel like Because i'm way more removed from. College it's kind of like fun to, watch like just the different talent levels and. Guys it's like more pure in the. League it's like every the world is built to be a five hundred, League like every teams built a certain, way and there's the, office your, outliers and it's for, me it's like one on College. Saturdays you're able, to like more mistakes, happen more things can swing one way or, another AND i think that's.
Speaker 6: Awesome, yeah, yeah, No that's WHY i like watching we have a like a what are the what are the? Cannonballers like a TRIPLE a SINGLE a we have a SINGLE a team by The house. Baseball AND i love watching those games because you see. Mistakes there's a lot of people screwing, up and that, part to me is kind of.
Speaker 2: Fun. Why, yeah it's the bloopers of the. Game they are kind of like you guys are get.
Speaker 6: There, well it's like you're, human you, know made mistakes, Too like the pros are so, good like you rarely see, mistakes, right it's FUNNY.
Speaker 1: NFL i like watching like the individuals more than, yeah you know. EVERYTHING i was like college team team, Spirit, yeah team, spirit.
Speaker 2: Live and die with the, Squad yeah, yeah which at this one we're. Dead, yeah play. Nebrassa it's better rough Go, yeah we're. Better we are a better be.
Speaker 1: Done he, DID i mean he did say as a parade where he's gonna be drinking in the parade.
Speaker 5: For anybody.
Speaker 2: Real quick before you. Go opportunities to do, acting to be in cars like how did that all?
Speaker 1: Have?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, YEAH i was in cars.
Speaker 6: THREE i did The Magnum pi episode How sick is that a couple Of MAGNUM I george.
Speaker 2: Was in that.
Speaker 1: Episode, yeah who is that one guy that was in?
Speaker 2: It the?
Speaker 6: Guy, yeah, YEAH i forget his, Name Stoppy lee's older.
Speaker 1: Brother, yeah everyone knows who we're talking. About, yeah the hangover. Guy, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i MEAN i love doing that.
Speaker 6: Stuff The magnum P i thing was sick because they film in uh In honolulu AND i was actually In maui on vacation and they called me and they were, like, hey you want to come. FILMING i was, like, fuck, yeah let's get on a plane island jump. Here and we filmed that AND i went back on my. Vacation but Hopefully i'll do more of that. STUFF i enjoyed doing. IT i enjoy seeing the behind the scenes that go into that. Stuff it's always super cool to me all the people that are involved in.
Speaker 2: It so, yeah well never never.
Speaker 6: Know i've been trying really hard TO i was trying to get one of The Star wars sequel, movies so that that was.
Speaker 1: One of YOUR i never got in, there one of your interests In Star. Wars could we could talk shop On Star wars all day at The ginnews By Star wars they're gonna make a billion more of those. Things they're gonna have. Time he's not A Star wars guy, now so.
Speaker 2: That i'm not A Star. WARS i just haven't the time to go Watch Star. Wars so Technically i'm not a lot of. Time it's a lot of time you got to dedicate. To it's like The Marvel. University, yeah there's so many at this, POINT i can't get into.
Speaker 6: It, Yeah i've given up On marvel a little. BIT i got a, WIFE i have this, JOB i got it going. On, YEAH i sit down and watch thirty six. Movies right a. Lot, well you got out of, here you got. Blocking hang, on you've.
Speaker 2: Got blued white do going on all the, time, dude.
Speaker 1: Wife shittiest moments, segment what's the what's been the shittiest moment of your?
Speaker 2: Career dude wipes the? Shittiest oh you. SHOULD i couldn't grabt that back right.
Speaker 6: THERE i should shade butter, smooth, yeah, smooth none of, none.
Speaker 2: Bro that thing that's that's cave. Man none of the little uh NO tp. Anymore, no the dude wipes is where it's. At those little dingle.
Speaker 1: Bears you get out in the shower no more with dude wipes. None they would be good after a. Race there you get after a, race the shittiest moment of my. CAREER i love HOW i went over, that blew right over that. Comment what's the worst moment of my.
Speaker 2: CAREER i don't.
Speaker 6: KNOW i hit really hard In nashville this year at this track earlier this, year like really really. Hard that was probably the shittiest. Moment hard hits are always usually pretty. Bad, uh takes you a little bit to get get over them and. Recover but, Yeah i'd say that was probably the.
Speaker 1: Shitty from a physical, standpoint or you're just like mentally physically why mentally like is there like an embarrassing, thing or you're just like kind of like a little gunshot when you get back out.
Speaker 8: THERE i wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Say i'd say more, like, yeah like are you on?
Speaker 8: Fire like thinking?
Speaker 2: Straight?
Speaker 1: Yeah like that that stuff like one of the most common injuries WITH nascar for.
Speaker 6: Us, YEAH i would, say We're we've done a really good job at. It we've gotten way better over the, years and we're working at. It but that's like the biggest thing in our world right now safety, wise that we're trying to get get sorted.
Speaker 2: Out and that's with.
Speaker 6: EVERYTHING i, mean it's hard to hard to fix, that but that's the biggest thing that we we work, on trying to fix.
Speaker 2: Concussions yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, brother thanks for coming on, man.
Speaker 2: Helmet that's a problem that's gonna stay there for a long. Time thanks, Guys thanks for thanks for bringing them. Along